8.8

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Immersive grand strategy game, improving on the earlier versions. It is awesome especially with POP Demand Mod. Give it a try to see how it polishes an already good game
  2. Jun 11, 2013
    A nice feature I was waiting for was a larger African and colonial factor. Now you can have competing colonization on a larger scale, navies are much more important, and African states can be released into act
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    The best expansion for Victoria 2 yet, it adds more options for colonial expansion. It also includes a crisis system where smaller countries can cause tension in a region where they have a core and then cause a crisis where they can ask a large country support them, this makes it a lot easier to play as a smaller country to gain territory without going to war, but this could lead to aThe best expansion for Victoria 2 yet, it adds more options for colonial expansion. It also includes a crisis system where smaller countries can cause tension in a region where they have a core and then cause a crisis where they can ask a large country support them, this makes it a lot easier to play as a smaller country to gain territory without going to war, but this could lead to a world war if the crisis isn't resolved peacefully. The only bad thing I can point out is that in my experience loads of world wars seem to break out at the end of the game and it can get quite annoying Expand
  4. Aug 20, 2013
    The expansion was a great one. First it opened Africa up to more than the normal maybe 4 to 5 countries making the competition for Africa more interesting. Also The crisis feature adds a nice touch of new diplomacy to the creating a sense of war possibly popping up all due to empire building. So overall i enjoyed it a lot.
  5. Sep 20, 2016
    The game that got me into the grand strategy genre, I still find it the most fun out of all the ones I've played. Even if I'll probably never understand the economics mechanics or factories (then again, neither do the developers after the genius who wrote that code quit).

My one gripe is that like most Paradox games, once you figure out the best 'optimal stack' of army units to use, you can generally steamroll the AI despite having lesser numbers.

Anyone can conquer the world as Germany, but it takes talent to reform Byzantium as Greece.
  6. Aug 2, 2015
    If you have HoD I strongly recommend you download and play the Ultimate mod. This is one of the greatest DLCs for any game, it add a lot of content, fixes bugs and makes the game more fun and playable as a whole.
  7. CBH
    Oct 17, 2017
    Victoria 2 on its own was pretty bad. Yellow Prussia was one thing, but its general lack of depth, huge amount of glitches and overhype gave the impression that it needed a hell of a lot longer in the oven. Heart of Darkness is what made Victoria 2 turn from an embarrassment into one of the grand strategy games of all time. Do not buy Victoria 2 without it and its predecessor, but don'tVictoria 2 on its own was pretty bad. Yellow Prussia was one thing, but its general lack of depth, huge amount of glitches and overhype gave the impression that it needed a hell of a lot longer in the oven. Heart of Darkness is what made Victoria 2 turn from an embarrassment into one of the grand strategy games of all time. Do not buy Victoria 2 without it and its predecessor, but don't buy them at full price, either. As good as they are, nothing that old deserves to cost so much. Expand
  8. Oct 18, 2017
    Eu amei esse jogo, para qualquer fã de história que tenha paciência vai ser uma experiência e tanto, enquanto para quem não gosta de história ou é somente impaciente, saiba que está perdendo um dos melhores games da história, batendo de frente com Ocarina of Time e até mesmo superando outros gigantes da Paradox, como EU IV.

1. Sep 19, 2013
    Just like Victoria 2: A House Divided, Heart of Darkness is a well-done expansion pack. Its improvements are focused on some very specific gameplay aspects, but they’re really deep.
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Jun 19, 2013
    Once the dominion diarrhea is sorted out, an essential purchase for owners of Victoria II: A House Divided. [July 2013, p.96]
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    After some patching and a couple of expansions, Victoria 2 is rounding into shape. It is still deep with a killer learning curve, but it is starting to feel like a fun game rather than a buggy spreadsheet.