8.2

1. Mar 15, 2011
    Very disappointing game. Economy system is buggy and broken, several AI issues, obscure (and overly complicated) POP mechanics, a lack of control and SLOW code make this game a major waste of your time. Vicci 1 was so much better in every respect, which is sadly true for so many Paradox titles.
    I spent 100s of hours in Vicci 1, gave up on this game after 10-20 hours.
  2. Sep 13, 2011
    Paradox games is one of my most disliked game companies. Victoria 2 is a pile of jetsam, the game just don`t got what it takes. I keep asking myself why did I buy this game, I will never get another Paradox game again.
  3. Dec 6, 2010
    Paradox has a habit of releasing buggy games. They have such a habit of releasing games in such a poor state I just cannot abide by getting any of their titles until a 5-6 month cooldown period has passed.

Case in point Hearts of Iron 3. What a mess this game was at launch. I wanted many many months and just got it for 8 dollars on Amazon. Now I feel that I will get my value out of the title. Europa Universalis complete is also 7 dollars on Amazon for the holidays so I will probably snatch that one up also.

Victoria 2 was a notoriously bad game. My suggestion? Wait and go for the AGEOD title Pride of Nations. A tried and true engine and I am sure that they will release a fairly stable product. In fact the only one I can think of that did not work out well for them was World War One. At least at first. Since its release it has been fixed.

Link here to Pride of Nations: http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250
  4. Sep 8, 2013
    Overcomplexed, broken and in fact straightward simplistic wannabe grand strategy. More than half of a micromanagement has absolutely no impact on the gameplay, economy is broken (small countries can easly hit thousands of cash being unable to purshase anything at the same time), combat is worse than Victoria I. In vanilla you can play only with 1st and 2nd powers, since playing the restOvercomplexed, broken and in fact straightward simplistic wannabe grand strategy. More than half of a micromanagement has absolutely no impact on the gameplay, economy is broken (small countries can easly hit thousands of cash being unable to purshase anything at the same time), combat is worse than Victoria I. In vanilla you can play only with 1st and 2nd powers, since playing the rest means you will be sitting there doing nothing, really. Or fastly be overpowered by the neighbouring 1st or 2nd power. One of the worst paradox titles. Expand
  5. Apr 18, 2012
    I had great hopes for this after playing Victoria 1. Vic2 is a disappointment. 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. The interface is much worse, nicer looking but less functional, and no one buys this kind of game for its looks. Tech progression and late game battles are very unbalanced, more or less breaking gameplay. Vic1 had similar problems but no where near as severe. This is such a pityI had great hopes for this after playing Victoria 1. Vic2 is a disappointment. 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. The interface is much worse, nicer looking but less functional, and no one buys this kind of game for its looks. Tech progression and late game battles are very unbalanced, more or less breaking gameplay. Vic1 had similar problems but no where near as severe. This is such a pity because the game has so much potential. Some of the big mods like PDM fix a lot of the problems, but there is only so much they can do. Expand
  6. Jul 13, 2014
    Cannot say much about the game. Could not get very far due to the usual Paradox crashes. What I did encounter seemed to be the makings of a good game.

1. Oct 27, 2010
    Addictive, nerdy and totally epic strategy. [Dec 2010, p.56]
  2. Oct 25, 2010
    Victoria 2 is a very complex strategy-game, which offers you a very complex and exciting gameplay.
  3. Saying that it stands head-and-shoulders above all of the scant competition for grand-strategy kingship almost goes without saying.