5.4

1. Jun 22, 2012
    This game is really good, I love it a lot actually. But the company that publishes it, sucks. Square Enix totally messed up the subscription base of this game. You can't use prepaid visa cards to sub to the game, supposely people are saying you cant end your sub either. For some reason, at one point the game did have Paypal, and now it doesnt. This game is amazing, everything about itThis game is really good, I love it a lot actually. But the company that publishes it, sucks. Square Enix totally messed up the subscription base of this game. You can't use prepaid visa cards to sub to the game, supposely people are saying you cant end your sub either. For some reason, at one point the game did have Paypal, and now it doesnt. This game is amazing, everything about it works fine, its just the account problems they are currently having. For only 6 bucks a month, its totally worth it, but Im not gunna sub to this game with my debit card if I cant never end the sub! Expand
  2. Mar 21, 2012
    I've played many of the Free-MMO's and pay to play, and realistically this isn't terrible, why it gets such negative reviews are beyond me. Yes its no final fantasy tactics, but at least its a step in the right direction and one has to give it props for trying.

Now personally I'm not a fan of them game, but that is because when I play games I have a bad problem of not creating allies, if not for my friends I know I'd never have found myself a guild in SWTOR/WoW/FF11 or any of the bigger titles. even the little titles I've played 98% of them and I know I have only every joined 1 guild. But if you have the ability to make friends, this game is a blast and I assure you it will allow you at minimal of a Month of play. The major pitfall that no one seems to grasp when they say its a lot of grinding, No its not, its more accurately a lack there of direction. As this gamer sees it there is a strong future to look forward to in this game.
  3. Mar 26, 2012
    Supposedly the successor dofus, wak fu innovates the mechanics of the game, a unique system that allows for total ecosystem manipulation, options and ways to play, no foul. you can be a collector or someone who only harm the ecosystem, or warrior who get their livelihood through the sale of the thing that gets of the monsters it kills, it's your choice, feel free to choose among dozens ofSupposedly the successor dofus, wak fu innovates the mechanics of the game, a unique system that allows for total ecosystem manipulation, options and ways to play, no foul. you can be a collector or someone who only harm the ecosystem, or warrior who get their livelihood through the sale of the thing that gets of the monsters it kills, it's your choice, feel free to choose among dozens of ways to play .
    One thing the game is up against very small inventory that fills very fast, another bad thing in the game is the achievements system, RPG players are accustomed to the task, which in my opinion is much better and some dynamism to the game .
    recommend to all those who like challenges.
  4. Mar 4, 2012
    Wakfu has the potential to be a great game. The mechanics are unique, the classes are interesting, and the artwork is beautiful. The soundtrack isn't bad either. However, a shaky launch threatens the game's playerbase.

This is the first mmo I have ever played, and I have to say it's quite good! Usually strategic combat bores me, but Wakfu has kept my attention. A player can pick from 14 different classes, each one with unique abilities suiting a player's taste- Osamodas, the monster summoners, to Xelors, the mages, to Iops, your typical sword-and-shield hero. Players familiar with dofus will see all of the classes they know return- but the gameplay is quite different.

Spells level up not by distributing points in typical RPG style, but instead by using them in battle. The more a spell is used, the more it levels up, the more damage you can do! However, this is where wakfu hits a problem- spells level up incredibly slow, and most players end up spamming one spell just to do decent damage. It may just be a launch problem, and be fixed soon, sure, but it does need to be addressed. Strangely, the game hasn't always been like this- in closed beta, spells leveled up just fine... I am really not sure why they changed it.

Another big problem is wakfu's grind. You can grind for hours and barely get 5 levels. To me, it seems that this grind is here to keep players occupied while the developers ...... develop more content. Good strategy? I think not.

If you are looking for a free to play game, wakfu is not for you. It is a pay to play game, with tutorial areas available to those not paying. The one thing that annoys me is that f2p's can't party with p2p's. The developers have said this was a bug, but still.

This game is still in launch phase, and it's not as horrible as all these other people paint it to be- it's still a decent mmo, and if major problems are addressed, it could turn out to be one of my favorite rpg's.
    If you're looking for something new, give it a chance.
  5. Mar 26, 2012
    This game is a MMORPG with a turn based battle system, just what I was looking for, excellent initiative of Ankama and SE, reminds us Final Fantasy TACTICS, but with some restrictions on these. Maybe with a little more strategy and a craft system more inviting (which can take less time for our precious lives) this game becomes more interesting.
  6. Mar 15, 2012
    WAKFU has very nice character animations and from art perspective it is a very good looking game, and a lot off (as of yet) unrealized potential. All characters have a choice in what way to specialize, in a form of 3 Elemets/Spells (5 per element) + Support skills, however due to the game mechanics one is generally forced to specialize in one element, as in your character gets locked intoWAKFU has very nice character animations and from art perspective it is a very good looking game, and a lot off (as of yet) unrealized potential. All characters have a choice in what way to specialize, in a form of 3 Elemets/Spells (5 per element) + Support skills, however due to the game mechanics one is generally forced to specialize in one element, as in your character gets locked into a particulare "build". The problem is there is often a particular element for a specific class that is at an obvious adavantage to any other choice. This can either be due to the buffs/debuffs or damage of the said spells, or it can also be due to the cost of a particular ability (remeber this is a turn based game, with action points per turn being limited). Bottom line is, alot of abilities suffer from poor balancing, reducing all that seemingly large choice in developing your character to 1 or maybe 2 viable builds. The game also uses "practice makes perfect" principle for leveling your spells, meaning the more spell is used the more it levels, but in practice the pool of spell experience that can be earned per battle is fixed (as a % of total exp) and using more then one spell per battle just spreads experience between these spells, in end effect the system penalizes using more then one spell per battle. And because of elemental mastery (the more "fire" is used the more bonus one gets to that element) using differenet elements is not recomended. So thats the picture of this game, the whole strategy part is reduced to using one spell per battle in all battles, and the only thing you can really strategize about is your positioning. Not all classes suffer from this to the same degree but I see it as a problem. When your choices are reducved from 3 elements and 15 spells, to 1 element and 1 spell, the whole thing becomes grindy really fast. Expand
  7. Mar 5, 2012
    I was reluctant to give Wakfu a high score because of the state of the game, tons of bugs and glitches, class imbalances etc. I ended up deciding to give it a 5 because regardless of the bugs and all the problems, I've still been having a fun time playing the game. The classes are all fun and I feel like if the designers could get the balance right, plus add the ability to respec, the gameI was reluctant to give Wakfu a high score because of the state of the game, tons of bugs and glitches, class imbalances etc. I ended up deciding to give it a 5 because regardless of the bugs and all the problems, I've still been having a fun time playing the game. The classes are all fun and I feel like if the designers could get the balance right, plus add the ability to respec, the game would be well deserving of a 7 or 8 score.

Unfortunately, at the moment this is not the case, making the game deserving of a 5. If they fix the big bugs (such as some class abilities not even working) I would be more than willing to come change my review to one more positive.
  8. Oct 4, 2014
    Im sure many people are attracted to wakfu cuz of it art style and it Unusually turn based mmo. This game brings some freash mechanics to mmos and also old school skill trees. Im currently enjoying this game alot but it dosent mean it has its flaws.

Walkfu probably has one of the best art style and character design in its own genre of mmos. For me to say that is probably because this games art style reminds me of Bastion. It has that fimiliar vibe that makes me enjoy the visual of this game. Sound and music are also top notch. It fits the game, fots the art style and it is just simply nice. Although the character creation isnt that bad, if they were to offer bit more than 3 hair styles and 5 clothes style to choose from, this game would of been better.

Now the gameplay is nice and polished in general, tho I had some frustrations at some point. Combat in this game can be the strong point and the weak point of this game depending on if you like turn based or not. If you are a person who enjoied fire emblem and such games, this game will offer you more than what you will ask for. Its got plenty of skills and you will be constantly lvling up and will be spending those attribute points to strengthen your character so it feels like u are progressing all the time. However if you are the player who enjoys 3d ultra graphic action mmo type, this game may feel clunky, boring and sometimes frustrate you when you make the wrong move. But this game also has its flaws. One thing that bothered me the most is the questing system. You get around 10 quests in the beginning and quests become kinda vague later in the game around lvl 20 and from there on its just grinding and grimdimg amd grinding. When I said this game brings some old school mechnic, I ment this too. Personally I hate grinding amd im sure most of you guys do too, but for some reason I didnt mind grinding in this game. But of course that is just me, but for most of you this will be the the major point to turn away from the game. If you do, however survive through the grinding, this game got plenty of dungeons and land for you to explorer with your friends and guild members. I should also mention this games party system combat is quite well done. It makes you feel like playing FF: Tactics Advanced but online. Avoid pvp for now tho because there seems to be lot of of hackers that will make you put their name in death note.

Cash shop was not so bad in this game. There are no definitive op items that will deck out your characters tho you can only get the mount if you pay up $10. Maybe the sidekicks and the pet cash items might over power someone but beside that there wasnt much game braking cash items. If you are crafting enthusiast you will need that 10 slot bags that they sell because you simply cannot hold all the materials in ur default bags and I couldnt find the bank system which sucked. Also the costumes they sell are kinda limited unless you want to count the unnecessary amount of different varient of the pirate costumebwithbdifferent colours.

Overall this game is freash new mmo toy library of mmo and anyone should give it a try. Seriously its like not even a gb to download this game and it will hook you for years month or maybe just a hour but hey, it wount hurt to try it right? Anyway my final verdict is 7.0. Its got freash turn based combat, great music and art style. Combat cane be good and bad tho not so good of questing, lack of customization and very very grindy (but I enjoied so who knows).

1. Apr 16, 2012
    A beautiful alternative to the standard MMO, but unlikely to draw you away from more structured questing for long. [May 2012, p.88]
  2. Apr 16, 2012
    Wakfu isn't for everyone, but it is right up your alley if you love a grid-based strategy RPG with the MMO elements we're all familiar with. It has enough charm to keep you in awe for days, and enough depth to keep you playing for weeks.
  3. Mar 23, 2012
    If you're expecting epic quests, great loot, a compelling storyline and larger than life battles, then maybe Wakfu isn't the game for you. But if you're interested in exploring a drop-dead gorgeous world without getting aggro from every single mob you come across and being able to chat freely without restrictions to all the other players in the game, then you'll probably love this game.