4.9

1. Mar 2, 2012
    Wakfu has nice art, music, and the occasional person willing to chat. Unfortunately, other then that all it has is grind. Wakfu had it's chance at potential, but the f2p cannot trade, nor can they drop items, or do any of the crafting professions. Since f2p cannot trade nor partake in the crafting professions, what little gathering f2p can do is useless. The resources gathered could not be crafted into items by subscribers if the f2p gather the resources. The f2p element is a very limited trial because of that; their social element is essentially just stand around, sit on a bench, and talk to other players. This game has been in Closed Beta for a few years, at least 3 or more, then they rushed into Open Beta near the beginning of February, and at the end of February they went into Live. The crafting system is all the same, click something, wait while a bar fills, move to the next resource and repeat. This may seem like complaining, but I did play in the Closed Beta. I know what it's like to spend 6 hours just gathering resources so I could craft 100 bread that nobody wanted to buy. The in game currency is made purely by the players. Players must gather a ton of ore to make a few of the game currency. All the in game currency is used for is transportation and unlocking new areas to explore. After a nation unlocks the area, all the currency is useful for is transportation, and that currency is lost in the game. SO, players are essentially making currency for it to disappear if anyone uses the transportation. If you like blatant in your face grind, play Wakfu, just make sure you subscribe or else you can only participate in a little portion of the overall grinding in this "game" Wakfu. With all of the boring in your face grind, Wakfu feels like a job and not a game in which you might have fun in. Expand
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    Potential is the only thing this game has ever had. It has been in development since 2007. Paying for the game was impossible for some reason due to a buggy payment system. First it kept me cycling between the same pages and when I finally got to a payment page it gave me an error upon payment. It's a good thing it didn't work. The cash shop is pay to win after SquareEnix told us it would be purely cosmetic. Later we found out items were over 3 times more expensive in the NA region. The free to play doesn't let you get very far and you can't trade, join parties or really anything that makes an MMORPG and MMORPG. The only thing you can do is kill cutesy birds and flowers. Alone. No one could access the server after release was announced for half the day. There was already a duplication glitch announced yesterday and no news of rollbacks or compensation for yesterday being a mess. There is no release patch notes about what changed from beta. We didn't get lot of the equipment we were promised from contests and other beta events. I'm sure they'll resolve these issues at some point in time but I have better things to do. They're still technically cleaning up XIV that was released in 2010. I don't know what square is thinking. Expand
  3. Mar 1, 2012
    I've been waiting for this game to come out for years and despite it getting off to a crap start yesterday (server issues) the game has been exactly what I was hoping. I've been enjoying myself immensely. There are tons of things to do and I thoroughly enjoy the crafting.

People have been giving this game a bad rap because of Square Enix's name, but from what I gather, they're just
    hosting the servers. Ankama developed it, just as they did Dofus and I think they've done a great job. I see the potential for a great future!

If you like isometric-view games like Dark Ages by Nexon/Kru or Ragnarok Online, you're sure to enjoy Wakfu!
  4. Mar 2, 2012
    Ugh. It's just a grind game. Much much more grind than in early beta. Not what I expected from my favorite genre. The current state of release is pretty terrible even though it's been like 3 years since I last saw it. Disgaea and the tactics series are still way better. The mmo aspect here is pretty lame because even if you sub you're severly limited to what skills you can use.
  5. Mar 4, 2012
    With any user-driven metric you have to remember that it will probably skew negative from some minority with a frustrating issue (frustrating enough to drive them to rant). I'll try to be as unbiased as possible (My rating is positive but that's purely subjective imo)

Pro's: - turn-based, strategic combat rare in MMO's (very well executed for group PvP too)
    - player driven economy
    (everything from mining to minting currency)
    - player driven ECOLOGY (kill off animals/plants, re-seed an area, mix and match to a degree so you can - farm what you need in as close a distance as possible -- there is player competition here obviously over WHAT should be planted). - nations, governments, elections, laws, etc to give players the tools to shape the world
    - free client, $6/mo subscription (extremely cheap imo)

CONS: - memory leak issue (sometimes having to restart client after a few hours)
    - bug preventing subscribers from grouping with free-to-play players (unresolved as of one week)
    - server desync bug (Fairly rare occurrence which drops you out of combat and/or renders you unable to interact with the world, requires relogging)
    - inventory space is sorely lacking (and there's a storage tax to keep items in your "house" unless you run quite a distance)
    - miscellaneous/cosmetic bugs (for example one complaint is that the "gifts" for subscribing apply only to one character, fairly ridiculous concern imo)
    - item mall (the devs promise this won't impact pvp but I'm still skeptical, I would rather pay $12/mo and remove the item mall)
  6. Mar 5, 2012
    The game is nothing more then a grind, there is almost no dev support, subscriber items and titles cannot be traded between players. The Free to play sucks so dont play unless you plan on subscribing. I dont recommend this game for anyone.
  7. Mar 26, 2012
    The graphics, animations and the soundscape of Wakfu is breathtaking. Unfortunately the game is currently in a terrible state. The only content of the game is never ending grinding of levels and farming of resources. I can not suggest this game to anyone at its current state.
  8. Mar 28, 2012
    I just want to point out, do most of these positive voters sound like real people or generated advertisements? This game is in no way ftp and you are basically paying to play beta. Wakfu have spent the past 6 years wasting their potential on bad leadership and constant mind changing. Fighting in pve gets very repetitive very fast and classes are either broken or unbalanced making pvp all but pointless. The game is very grind-centric with very little sense of achievment or progression. Expand
  9. Feb 29, 2012
    They forced this out of beta early even though it was not ready. It's very buggy and unbalanced and before release there was massive duping. They gradually made it more of a grind game before release. They did not listen to many people in the community that had very obvious complaints. All professions are all the same click-and-wait mechanics and the game forces you to limit yourself to just 1 to 3 spells you can use. Any more and you're weakening yourself a lot. It's not very tactical at all, unless you're willing to grind for a year to unlock more spells. It's an insult to the genre. The art is beautiful but it's just a grind game. I really really wish it was good ;_;. Expand
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    Wakfu at first glance is a nice game, and to be fair it can be fun and has a nice art style that can be enjoyable. But when you get down to it the game is heavy in grinding and often times over populated servers can make thing's hard to do. Speaking of hard to do, a free player, being a supposable free2play game, can do almost nothing. You can't make, or use, money in the game, you can not trade, you can not hunt or mine creatures outside of the second starting area (after the tutorial) and subscribing to the game can, in some cases, be near impossible to do. Speaking on subscribing. The one part of this game that can, and has, turned many would be paying customers away is the support. The support to this game is almost non existent as the dev's respond in ways that seem as if they never read the posts that they respond to, or skimmed at best. The ticket system is mostly automated and rarely helps the players out as it should. If by chance they think your credit card was stolen they even ask for a photo of your card and ID to make thing's worse, then ask again when the automated system doesn't understand what it got. All in all the game can be fun, if your lucky enough to get a subscription. It has nice art, a decent combat system if you like tactical, interesting characters and enough crafting and leveling to keep you busy. But the problems with the game starting and ending with the company it self are to much to give it a good score based just on that, as many won't ever get to experience most of what makes the game good Expand
  11. Mar 2, 2012
    A new take on MMORPGs, where the combat takes place on a grid on the area the battle is started at on the map. Combat is turn-based and fairly simple with tactics, position and range being very important at all stages of the game. Players are given a set amount of time to complete their turns and are rewarded with temporary power-ups based on how speedily they played their turns.

Classes have very interesting abilities that are unique to each class and are unlocked early on in gameplay but need to be leveled up through constant use of ability, though a few are leveled with special points rewarded upon leveling, though those are usually utility spells. Points are also distributed into stats which are also chosen by the player at each level, making each person rather unique in their playstyle combined with the previous "ability leveling system" and gear choices.

As for content, I haven't played for very long but there are absolutely no quests in the game, the closest thing to this being "achievements", which have the player do various things such as kill certain enemies in a zone or visit certain spots. Some achievements are repeatable and give massive experience, but require an item dropped by enemies to start, while others involve searching for and unlocking the game's many, many, many secrets and easter eggs, which alone can provide a lot of gameplay. Though, all and all the game requires a lot of grinding(back to back to back enemy killing) with the experience from achievements and temporary zone events not nearly being enough to level up very far. Though this is made up for with the reward of leveling your abilities as you fight and the combat itself being fairly interesting even in solo play as well as many dungeons for you to fight excessively tough enemies in alongside your friends.

Though on that note, there is a notable issue. The restrictions placed upon non-subscribers are so vast that they even go as far as to completely disallow subscribers to group with non-unscribers under any circumstance, something very upsetting that my friend and I discovered when on of us simply did not have the money to play.

Beyond combat and achievements there are other interesting game mechanics in Wakfu, such as the game's money system. All money(Kamas) are minted by players with the Miner and Kama Minter professions. Kamas can only be used to buy things from other players and there are no vendors whatsoever. This creates a strange sort of ingame economy where every item is either dropped by enemies or crafted by players. Items can be posted in player-run shops, which everyone gets for free and can be placed just about anywhere, and also in the game's Auction Houses.

There is also the environment system and the citizenship system to consider. The environment(at least after you leave the free-to-play zone) is entirely player-run. It lacks re-spawning mobs and resources, but through the use of the Trapping, farming, fishing and woodcutting professions, animals and plants can be brought back with seeds harvested from plants or animals.
    Citizenship works hand in hand with this, with each zone having a Clan Member NPC who watches over the zone and has "wishes" for how (s)he wants the zone to be. Wishes being certain amounts of certain plants or animals. Killing animals and harvesting resources to lower an overpopulated zone or breeding animals and growing plants to bring back up a low number of resources will reward you with citizenship points, which judge your citizenship status in that certain area, eventually allowing you to vote on or run for a player-selected Governor of that area, who sets taxes and managed the area's funds to bring back extinct species or start special events or even start wars with the other countries in the game, which are also player-run.

All-in-all this game easily eats up a lot of time but for an MMO runs -very- cheap, about a third of the cost of major MMOs like Rift or WoW. If you want a new experience, go try it out but don't expect much from the free to play version, nearly everything is restricted to paying customers.
  12. Mar 3, 2012
    Equips drop are now a lot more rare presumably to encourage and make crafting useful... but the crafting is not the crafting from beta. It takes hundreds of ingredients to make 1 thing. The only thing that drops well is the item shop. The pet is near useless. It starts off with 1% and increases like every 4 days. Even the shop items require level grind. The monetary system is annoying because monsters don't drop gold. You have to grind it. Currently there's a guy camping at every respawn point for iron just mindlessly waiting for it to reappear. It takes 10 iron to make 1 gold. This means iron is worth 1/10 of the smallest form of currency. Similarly many items are worth less than 1k. Everyone is selling everything at 1k instead so no one buys things they can grind themselves.

Spell XP is a joke. You can use a spell once and use a weapon the rest of the turns and get 100% spell XP for that spell. Other times you use a spell and another spell gets more damage and that other spell earns a bit more spell XP. The spell XP makes it so you can't see if your class is good or not without investing several weeks of grind, and even then you're limited to only a few skills from a particular branch. Experimentation is not possible, and if you reroll your character you can't gain the perks again you paid for by subbing, they're limited to 1 character. It feels unintuitive I find myself using spells I don't need to just to level them. Sometimes I spend battles where I use a spell once and weapons the rest of the turn just because I want to level a weak spell or keep it even with my other spells. It's a lot of stupid micromanagement when I really would rather have challenging battles. Some classes like saddida can exploit their way to higher level pretty easily and it seems a bit unfair meanwhile others like air osa are kind of useless. Well, there's too many small things to list that are just bad. The thing that irks me the most is how little experimentation I can do, or what I'd like to call "play". Everything takes an enormous amount of time. The only thing that makes this game kind of tolerable is the other players.
  13. Mar 3, 2012
    A fun quirky game with great art, music, and population. With tactical turn based combat and over 14 classes to choose from its already off to a great start. Throw in the unique player ran economy and ecosystem and the ultra low price of $6 a month (less if you buy in bulk,) and you've got a solid MMO that competes with other AAA titles!
  14. Mar 3, 2012
    God art, music, sound effects. I love the battle system, and the individual/unique mechanics that each character has. There are some bugs with characters that I hope get worked out soon, and they need to increase the character limit to at least 12 to match how many characters they have. Hope to see more content soon!
  15. Mar 4, 2012
    tl;dr ~ Waku isn't a sand box, has no defining fun factors *(other then a wannabe "turn based tactics game" with no challenge). It's a prime example of how a great art direction can carry an ultimately broken and flawed game. >>>>>>>>> 1. Dungeons ~ Hand full of them at best, P2P players will not bother with astrub dungeons as there's little to no actual point *(you level far faster then struggling to beat any of the lv10-15 dungeons there) making the reward *(gear) worthless as you can reach lv20 in bout a day or so. **As for legit dungeon rewards: all you really have is the gobball and celestial dungeons** Yes there are also Nation specific dungeons *(like the Snapper in Sufokia) ~ however, they only exist to cater to the pointless boost exp system for dungeons ~ as there are no bosses/special loot. Thus making them a waste of time. For those interested in "lore" for dungeons.. sadly, you'll also be disapointed as there isn't any ~ other then the crow and dhreller dungeon. 2. Professions ~ You have waaaaaay more then a handful of them... BUT they're nearly all pointless ~ why? cause you can get better gear by killing mobs. tho at least some of the higher level armor/weapons are some what useful.. unlike cooking/baking that have no useful craft past lv15 *(for the time sink you'll invest). Sadly, it doesn't matter which profession you pick.. as they still take a "guilds effort" to level up in a timely fashion *(you'll be making HUNDREDS of useless items that no one wants or needs for anything.. just to level up ~ good luck mindlessly gathering those mats if you're solo). 3. Ecosystem ~ No point.. does nothing but slow down player progression or create a small sense of accomplishment for bout an hour or two when you first start playing the game. Furthermore, a small guild can wipe out national resources fairly quickly if they get bored *(happens a lot after the first few weeks). Any bonuses you "had" will now be gone and you'll be forced to replant them or try to stop the people doing this ~ good luck, as the CP system is again... pointless, they'll have LOADS more CP then they'll lose killing you and wiping out your stuff, thus will never go to jail or become a criminal.. lol, just hope they don't rig a vote for Gov.. and raise taxes/make it illegal to kill specific mobs. As is, it's like a 2nd job that has NO reward/payment for your investment. This is one of the very VERY neat features the dedicated players were interested in and ultimately disappointed by ~ due to the poor direction/lackluster design of the game. 4. Common misconceptions/Interests of the game: Q: Official site says I can "try before I buy" a sub.. F2P any good? A: F2P "elements" make it nothing more then a demo ~ you can't vote, or affect the ecosystem, you can't group or even mint kama... hence why I say "demo" and not "free trial" ~ as you do NOT get to "try out" anything that makes the game "special". Q: Professions, handfull of dungeons and FISHING!?.. must be a Sand box? A: No, wakfu is not a sandbox.. at least not any more then a CD can be called a coaster ~ Why? Because there's no actual point to bother investing your time in one thing over another *(you'll be no different then anyone NOT wasting their time) ~ Thus there's no purpose to the many "time sinks" in-game ~ all it really is, is a grind simulator. **note: for a real sandbox reference, check EVE online ~ Q: Wakfu is a Tactics based game. A: Perhaps.. but not really ~ as the mobs never evolve or get any stronger/smarter ~ they just start stacking on the steroids and boost HP/dmg... completely removing any sense of challenge or accomplishment in the game. Q: PVP!? A: You can gank or be ganked at any level past Lv15. NO, you cannot turn it off.. or stop those lv95's from killing you at the market or while picking berries at lv19 ~ ENJOY! ^_^ Q: Quests and Lore? A: Nope... there are NO quests outside the tutorials in incarnam or astrub intro *(gather 3 feathers to pick a nation). Lore is also a bust.. to know everything bout the game and actually have a good time, just watch the animated show ~ well, that or spend a few hours walking around each nation after browsing the Wakfu wiki to see a couple of neat tid bits bout how the world was flooded by a crying baby *(the dude that beat the gods). Q: I has useless junk.. and LOTS of it.. where the NPC's at? A: Sorry.. there aren't any of those ~ best you just chuck those in a bin or something.. maybe even try to trick a nub into taking them off your hands? ~ really, 80% of the stuff you get ingame is worthless.. so get use to it. ***note: this is where crafting could've shined with a "breakdown" or harvest mechanic for useless gear/items *(like gems and what not in other games). Q: THIS GAME IS FUN!? A: Yep, it can be and depending on your level of tolerance for stupid/skill less time sinks, you might have a blast for a few weeks or so. Expand
  16. Mar 27, 2012
    Bad suport, not informing player from changes before they are maded, bugs "fixed" that really aren't. Forun admin calling you xenofobic and racist. Not recomended.
  17. Mar 27, 2012
    The game is in beta test yet even its released , its full of bugs , client crashes , unbalanced classes and more , isn't worth paying for, i recommend stay away from it for another year or so.
  18. Mar 4, 2012
    Wakfu has the potential to be a great game. The mechanics are unique, the classes are interesting, and the artwork is beautiful. The soundtrack isn't bad either. However, a shaky launch threatens the game's playerbase.

This is the first mmo I have ever played, and I have to say it's quite good! Usually strategic combat bores me, but Wakfu has kept my attention. A player can pick from 14
    different classes, each one with unique abilities suiting a player's taste- Osamodas, the monster summoners, to Xelors, the mages, to Iops, your typical sword-and-shield hero. Players familiar with dofus will see all of the classes they know return- but the gameplay is quite different.

Spells level up not by distributing points in typical RPG style, but instead by using them in battle. The more a spell is used, the more it levels up, the more damage you can do! However, this is where wakfu hits a problem- spells level up incredibly slow, and most players end up spamming one spell just to do decent damage. It may just be a launch problem, and be fixed soon, sure, but it does need to be addressed. Strangely, the game hasn't always been like this- in closed beta, spells leveled up just fine... I am really not sure why they changed it.

Another big problem is wakfu's grind. You can grind for hours and barely get 5 levels. To me, it seems that this grind is here to keep players occupied while the developers ...... develop more content. Good strategy? I think not.

If you are looking for a free to play game, wakfu is not for you. It is a pay to play game, with tutorial areas available to those not paying. The one thing that annoys me is that f2p's can't party with p2p's. The developers have said this was a bug, but still.

This game is still in launch phase, and it's not as horrible as all these other people paint it to be- it's still a decent mmo, and if major problems are addressed, it could turn out to be one of my favorite rpg's.
    If you're looking for something new, give it a chance.
  19. Mar 21, 2012
    I've played many of the Free-MMO's and pay to play, and realistically this isn't terrible, why it gets such negative reviews are beyond me. Yes its no final fantasy tactics, but at least its a step in the right direction and one has to give it props for trying.

Now personally I'm not a fan of them game, but that is because when I play games I have a bad problem of not creating allies, if
    not for my friends I know I'd never have found myself a guild in SWTOR/WoW/FF11 or any of the bigger titles. even the little titles I've played 98% of them and I know I have only every joined 1 guild. But if you have the ability to make friends, this game is a blast and I assure you it will allow you at minimal of a Month of play. The major pitfall that no one seems to grasp when they say its a lot of grinding, No its not, its more accurately a lack there of direction. As this gamer sees it there is a strong future to look forward to in this game. Expand
  20. Mar 26, 2012
    Supposedly the successor dofus, wak fu innovates the mechanics of the game, a unique system that allows for total ecosystem manipulation, options and ways to play, no foul. you can be a collector or someone who only harm the ecosystem, or warrior who get their livelihood through the sale of the thing that gets of the monsters it kills, it's your choice, feel free to choose among dozens of ways to play .
    One thing the game is up against very small inventory that fills very fast, another bad thing in the game is the achievements system, RPG players are accustomed to the task, which in my opinion is much better and some dynamism to the game .
    recommend to all those who like challenges.
  21. Mar 3, 2012
    The game is a great game if you're into tactical MMO's, kind of akin to those such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Suikoden Tactics, Disgaea and related games. There is a misconception about this game being "Free to Play" and the current line of players believes they should have everything for free, which that is not the case. IT is a free "permanent trial" as it were.

As the game has just
    been released, things need to be improved on, of course (the not being able to party with people because of them being F2P and P2P members is a bug that will be fixed) and a lot of these negative reviews about bugs or limitations should not be here as full knowledge of the situation is not known by a vast majority of the people.

But I digress, this game has beautiful art and locations. This isn't a game you can just play solo, as there are many challenges that need to be tackled as a group or you will find yourself feeding the mushrooms rather quickly. It's a great game if you like a more laid-back atmosphere. I would have given this game a 10 but the PvP system in the game has no repercussions for attacking people who want nothing to do with it aside from some time in jail (if you're caught and killed by a Guard, which even then can be worked off) and some negative citizenship points which again can be worked off rather quickly, thus giving people power to choose how you play the game you spend money on.

But aside that, it is still a very good game to play with your friends. Don't look at the negative reviews and just pass the game off as a wasted cause, because gamers can be very harsh when judging something solely based on how it isn't to their expectations, I would recommend trying the game yourself to see if it's for you.
  22. Mar 4, 2012
    Still unable to do the simplest thing of upgrading my account to a full subscription. This is an issue that a significant number of people appear to be having with the game and yet the company refuses to respond or address the issue on the forums. This doesn't bode well for their customer appreciation or dedication to service.
  23. Mar 5, 2012
    Pros: +Somewhat simlar to final fantasy tactics.... kind of... not really. No height advantages, no timed spells, etc. +You unlock 12 active spells and 10 abilities by level 10. +Nice artwork +Only 6 USD per month for subscription Cons: -You may only use at maximum 3/12 spells. Otherwise, due to spell experience system, you will be SEVERELY weak. Get used to spamming the same button for years. Did I mention this severely hinders your tactical gameplay?
    -Crafting system is flawed and unbalanced. Some crafting professions have terrible rewards/investment, while others are very easy to pick up and level.
    -Economy is in sick shape and will most likely never improve due to their mechanics.
    -Fights drag on and on. Highly suggest you multi-task while playing this game. In dungeons you will generally wait 8 minutes between your 12-second turns... where you will generally try to use the one skill you will ever use your entire wakfu career, and pass if you get chumped in LoS.
    -Severely buggy cash shop/subscription plans. Many people got banned when subscribing due to a bug. Many people get banned for buying virtual cash. They still haven't reimbursed or fixed any of the problems. It is also currently impossible to cancel your subscription, unless you change your credit card number by getting a new credit card.
    -Free to play is severely hindered by limitations. You may not party with subscribers, do anything outside of the small starting area, pick up or drop items, or use any craft.
    -Extremely low drop rates. This can be remedied with the auction house, if you can afford it...
  24. Mar 26, 2012
    It might seem like a nice game with interesting features at first, but don't be fooled. All this game has is wasted potential.

As proven by previous games and management, Ankama have no idea what they are doing. The marketing is terrible (its NOT a f2p game, the free is just a trial, yet they act as if it is f2p instead of trial/demo). Its ridiculously bad programmed and heavy (JAVA is
    also a stupid idea to program it on, as its easier to create bugs that way, which the game is full of).

To start with, the servers are IP blocked, because they think that's an awesome idea. This means if you're german you're confined to play in the german server and so on. There is almost no content (and even less content than beta stage), there is not even end game content, this means they released the game even more incomplete than beta. The class balance is terrible. The political system is **** up and highly exploitable. It has a cash shop which sells items to reduce in-game effort (which even got its downfall video from the players http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHX-88-E0z0&feature=youtu.be ). They scrapped on the last months and during the beta a lot of good ideas to make the game more similar to Dofus, such as scrapping gemlin (a pet supposed to be entirely customizable), making the graphics worse (one of the beta versions had a much better graphic), ruining the haven bag system (sorta like housing).

They also allow multiclienting, which, for being a turn based game, will soon be a huge problem in many ways. (such as multiple voting on elections). The combat system is a joke. Just as an example, you should be using a single spell all the time if you want it to be maxed when you get lvl 100 (and have all others at low level). The game is pure grind. It was not so much in beta but they increased the XP needed to level by a lot on release, probably to slow people from getting to unexistant end game content. I could go on with the failures... The developers keep making bad design choices which obviously show they don't know what they are doing all the time, I just can't remember them all.

They can't even make decent changelogs, they do not list all changes on them and do not explain them well.

Tl;dr: Don't waste your time, this game is not what it looks like at first.
  25. Mar 26, 2012
    I'm shocked at the reviews currently, really who is reviewing this people who play world of warcraft? Yes the game is a grind but is that not what keeps you coming back everyday? The game is a follow on from Dofus, both games have a great and big community feel and I've played many online games I really cant understand people who want game content to consist of reaching max level in 2 weeks then sitting around in towns waiting for new content that is not fun, actually having to work towards a goal seems more enjoyable to me. As for peoples comments on the free to play business its not a free to play MMO you can get a taste at the start like any game but that's it I mean if you like the game pay for it, if you want a completely free game look for one. Please do not play every MMO then complain when you gotta pay for 80% of the content. Now my review on the game, I think for a new game this is by far one of the most polished and of course it needs alot more balancing and bug fixes yet there is new content due in a few days. The ecosystem idea is abit slow to get your head around took me awhile to find out what everything does but I'm not one for reading all the manuals and help texts I like to explore and discover the game as it hits me, but as a whole the idea is fantastic the power you hold over resources and local population is great fun to fiddle with. As for the politics well that is similar to guild hierarchy the players in a nation can choose to be good or bad citizens and how to govern there nation. This leads me onto my next point the idea of four nations rather than two is excellent its always been good or evil now its four elements people are now alot more aware of there actions and the consequence's because not just one side turning on you could be three. The professions seem hard to level at top end as gathering does not get faster it stays at the same collection time and XP so I'm wondering if there will be changes to that. The fact you can mint your own money is also a great idea harder to own markets now as everyone has the same start only people who dedicate there time souly to making money in game can get ahead really. As a long time player of Dofus I will say this as an ending to my review, these games have always taken awhile to suck people in but what they have to offer is far greater than most MMO's out there so stick with it for a week or two and see how you feel. Expand
  26. Mar 26, 2012
    This game is not worth playing. All you who are thinking about playing this. I recommend just playing Dofus if you want a turn based MMO or just wait a year or two so they get this game together. Then we'll see if this is still alive and consider it again.
  27. Mar 26, 2012
    Looking for a game which requires a little brain activity when running dungeons and battling monsters? The kind you cannot get from extreme tanking MMO like World of Warcraft and Runecape, you know the ones where you all basically surround one enemy and hit until it's dead? Then Wakfu is your game.

Battle dozens of monsters in a beautifully constructed environment, each dungeons is a work
    of art and the rest of the game follows suite. Head off with your guildies and actually work as a team to take down monsters and master you abilities.

Heavy grinding? Not at all, if you learn your surroundings and the environment leveling can be fast and fun, the only place I see grinding is withing professions. Spend longer then a few days on the game and you will know all the best spots.

Why 8/10 if I love the game so much? Well, because I believe Wakfu has even more potential and how could I ever vote it higher without giving it an 8 at the moment?

Come to Wakfu and fall in love.
  28. Mar 27, 2012
    Wakfu is brilliant game. Wakfu has its own taste, its own style. All characters are different, all builds are reliable, all groups are potent. It have some problems today, like economics breaches and balance issues, but all of them will be fixed, i hope so.
    Graphics, music and so are just perfect.
    Wakfu is a game with soul. Yes, this soul is full of grind, but even coop grind is fun in Wakfu.
  29. Mar 27, 2012
    I'm seriously surprised by all the bad reviews players have left. But than I guess you can't expect someone who enjoys Lol or wow to enjoy just as much wakfu. I've played dofus for a long while and I've been really eager to the release of this game. The story is one of the best I've seen in MMOs. It ads up especially when you've played dofus and have watched the series. Not that you would have to, in order to enjoy the game. It's just simply adorable to see something in the game that you have already seen on the TV and to say "hey! isn't that... for the series??" it made me smile. REALLY. about the bugs, I really agree that ankama should work this things out but they had just released the game for go'd sake! give them time! Plus it's one of the few games that let you become leader (or well king) of a nation, manage it's resources, introduce public transport and unlock territories. Plus they have a democratic system! That means anyone( well subscribers actually) can be the leader of a nation, declare war to another or ally with it. The currency is strictly introduced by players! You can destroy the environment or fix it! Heck, you can even get to prison! So I seriously don't understand what everyone's problem is with this game that has so many new things that players can enjoy but everyone seemes to see only the bugs and the F2P limits. Don't u have to pay for your world of warcraft? Hell you do! But no one complains because they are all illegally downloading the game making game designers and developers gain much less than their work is worth. Expand
  30. Mar 4, 2012
    A unique game that's nice to look at... but the balance and content are alpha/beta quality. The ecosystem is nice. So are the government and nation aspects. The pets are a garbage addon gimmick reminiscent of tamagachi. The gameplay is entirely hit or miss. Some classes can 1 or 2 shot anything. And some classes are complete and utter useless garbage. The devs prefer style over effectiveness as far as game mechanics go. Updates and bug fixes are slow or non-existent. The only support or feedback you can get out of SE/Ankama is related to problems with the cash shop or subscription service. They released their game unfinished and expect you to pay for it. Expand

1. Apr 16, 2012
    A beautiful alternative to the standard MMO, but unlikely to draw you away from more structured questing for long. [May 2012, p.88]
  2. Apr 16, 2012
    Wakfu isn't for everyone, but it is right up your alley if you love a grid-based strategy RPG with the MMO elements we're all familiar with. It has enough charm to keep you in awe for days, and enough depth to keep you playing for weeks.
  3. Mar 23, 2012
    If you're expecting epic quests, great loot, a compelling storyline and larger than life battles, then maybe Wakfu isn't the game for you. But if you're interested in exploring a drop-dead gorgeous world without getting aggro from every single mob you come across and being able to chat freely without restrictions to all the other players in the game, then you'll probably love this game.