5.3

1. Mar 2, 2012
    Wakfu has nice art, music, and the occasional person willing to chat. Unfortunately, other then that all it has is grind. Wakfu had it's chance at potential, but the f2p cannot trade, nor can they drop items, or do any of the crafting professions. Since f2p cannot trade nor partake in the crafting professions, what little gathering f2p can do is useless. The resources gathered could not beWakfu has nice art, music, and the occasional person willing to chat. Unfortunately, other then that all it has is grind. Wakfu had it's chance at potential, but the f2p cannot trade, nor can they drop items, or do any of the crafting professions. Since f2p cannot trade nor partake in the crafting professions, what little gathering f2p can do is useless. The resources gathered could not be crafted into items by subscribers if the f2p gather the resources. The f2p element is a very limited trial because of that; their social element is essentially just stand around, sit on a bench, and talk to other players. This game has been in Closed Beta for a few years, at least 3 or more, then they rushed into Open Beta near the beginning of February, and at the end of February they went into Live. The crafting system is all the same, click something, wait while a bar fills, move to the next resource and repeat. This may seem like complaining, but I did play in the Closed Beta. I know what it's like to spend 6 hours just gathering resources so I could craft 100 bread that nobody wanted to buy. The in game currency is made purely by the players. Players must gather a ton of ore to make a few of the game currency. All the in game currency is used for is transportation and unlocking new areas to explore. After a nation unlocks the area, all the currency is useful for is transportation, and that currency is lost in the game. SO, players are essentially making currency for it to disappear if anyone uses the transportation. If you like blatant in your face grind, play Wakfu, just make sure you subscribe or else you can only participate in a little portion of the overall grinding in this "game" Wakfu. With all of the boring in your face grind, Wakfu feels like a job and not a game in which you might have fun in. Expand
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    Potential is the only thing this game has ever had. It has been in development since 2007. Paying for the game was impossible for some reason due to a buggy payment system. First it kept me cycling between the same pages and when I finally got to a payment page it gave me an error upon payment. It's a good thing it didn't work. The cash shop is pay to win after SquareEnix told us it wouldPotential is the only thing this game has ever had. It has been in development since 2007. Paying for the game was impossible for some reason due to a buggy payment system. First it kept me cycling between the same pages and when I finally got to a payment page it gave me an error upon payment. It's a good thing it didn't work. The cash shop is pay to win after SquareEnix told us it would be purely cosmetic. Later we found out items were over 3 times more expensive in the NA region. The free to play doesn't let you get very far and you can't trade, join parties or really anything that makes an MMORPG and MMORPG. The only thing you can do is kill cutesy birds and flowers. Alone. No one could access the server after release was announced for half the day. There was already a duplication glitch announced yesterday and no news of rollbacks or compensation for yesterday being a mess. There is no release patch notes about what changed from beta. We didn't get lot of the equipment we were promised from contests and other beta events. I'm sure they'll resolve these issues at some point in time but I have better things to do. They're still technically cleaning up XIV that was released in 2010. I don't know what square is thinking. Expand
  3. Jul 30, 2013
    Wakfu is a unique turn-based strategic MMORPG that dosnt conform to your typical MMO. i've played dofus since i was 12 and Wakfu since closed Beta, it has a political system, Unique guild system including the creating and management of your own guild world, and an environmental and weather system. I've tryed to play other MMORPGS but nothing keeps me for longer than a few weeks, Wakfu isWakfu is a unique turn-based strategic MMORPG that dosnt conform to your typical MMO. i've played dofus since i was 12 and Wakfu since closed Beta, it has a political system, Unique guild system including the creating and management of your own guild world, and an environmental and weather system. I've tryed to play other MMORPGS but nothing keeps me for longer than a few weeks, Wakfu is by far the greatest and unique MMORPG i've played and the only downside is the lack of population in the English Server "Remmington" which can easily be fixed if people stop rating it so low when in reality all these reviews where written in the games very early stages. the game is 3 years old next February and will be 2 years since its been open to the public, so please ignore all these negative reviews and take my advise and try it out for yourself. if you have any issues i'd be more than happy to help. My in game name is Loco Huge Wang, on the Server Remmington. Expand
  4. Jul 22, 2014
    Game has gone a long way since open beta. f2p has access to pretty much all content and premium just gives access to the politics system and bonus loot/exp. Droprates can be abyssal endgame depending on class but this'll probably be fixed at some stage when they revamp the loot / craft system.
  5. Jul 31, 2014
    Great game. The graphics and game play is superb, the game has a wide range of dungeons and bosses and bosses that can be fought weekly which each adopted a very unique combat style forcing the players to use sophisticated tactics in order to deal with them, these are dubbed as "World Bosses" by Ankama. The game's epic music compliment the complex game play which requires more tactics thanGreat game. The graphics and game play is superb, the game has a wide range of dungeons and bosses and bosses that can be fought weekly which each adopted a very unique combat style forcing the players to use sophisticated tactics in order to deal with them, these are dubbed as "World Bosses" by Ankama. The game's epic music compliment the complex game play which requires more tactics than Ankama's older game: DOFUS. Expand
  6. Aug 31, 2013
    A isometric turn-based strategy game (like Ogre Battle and FF: Tactics) with a very awesome art, 100% controlled by players (there are no NPCs in game). All the market, government (yes, there's a governor with Soldiers, Treasures, Ecologists...) is controlled by the own players! The ecology itself is also controlled by players: you may extinct a family of monsters or a type of tree, orA isometric turn-based strategy game (like Ogre Battle and FF: Tactics) with a very awesome art, 100% controlled by players (there are no NPCs in game). All the market, government (yes, there's a governor with Soldiers, Treasures, Ecologists...) is controlled by the own players! The ecology itself is also controlled by players: you may extinct a family of monsters or a type of tree, or plant/cultivation if you don't "replant" them! There's a VERY exciting system of GvG and territory conquests. LOTS of dungeons with all sort of mechanics. The PvP is very well balanced, one of the bests I've ever played, compared to games like Ultima Online and DotA!
    The guild system is unique. There's daily "guild quests" to help your guild get points and invest them on their own City! Called "Heaven Worlds" its an amazing construction system where you can build your own city, with money, resources and points! You can build portal, resurrection statues, roads, houses, monsters fields, plant/tree fields and even dungeons!!
    The updates are constantly and every month there's something totally new coming to the game!
  7. Mar 28, 2012
    I just want to point out, do most of these positive voters sound like real people or generated advertisements? This game is in no way ftp and you are basically paying to play beta. Wakfu have spent the past 6 years wasting their potential on bad leadership and constant mind changing. Fighting in pve gets very repetitive very fast and classes are either broken or unbalanced making pvp allI just want to point out, do most of these positive voters sound like real people or generated advertisements? This game is in no way ftp and you are basically paying to play beta. Wakfu have spent the past 6 years wasting their potential on bad leadership and constant mind changing. Fighting in pve gets very repetitive very fast and classes are either broken or unbalanced making pvp all but pointless. The game is very grind-centric with very little sense of achievment or progression. Expand
  8. May 28, 2012
    I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt so peaceful while immersed in a game. Wakfu has got it all covered: Artwork, Music, Story, Gameplay, Variety, Atmosphere, Characters, Community, Availability. This is one of the most complete games I've ever played. One of the most beautiful worlds I've visited. It just feels right, friendly, dreamy. I'm so tired of MMOs and multiplayer gamesI honestly cannot remember the last time I felt so peaceful while immersed in a game. Wakfu has got it all covered: Artwork, Music, Story, Gameplay, Variety, Atmosphere, Characters, Community, Availability. This is one of the most complete games I've ever played. One of the most beautiful worlds I've visited. It just feels right, friendly, dreamy. I'm so tired of MMOs and multiplayer games in general full of neckbeards, rage kids, achievement junkies, gold miners, bad mannered people and your run of the mill malignants. Wakfu is like a paid holiday in that regard. I must confess to being a bit biased since I really loved FFT, and am into TBS games in a big way. But I do love this game. It grows on you.

Be warned however, it is not for the overly competitive sort or graffixx/ragdoll physics worshipers. You guys stick to HoN, CoD and the like. Suffocate on your own rage.
  9. May 15, 2012
    Wakfu is a great game with a unique concept. It's fun to play and there's many things to do. People write it's only grinding, but I think that's unfair. Every competitive game contains a lot of grinding for those who want to have the best items, the top level, etc. Do you have to do this when playing Wakfu? - I think not. Go slow, enjoy the environment, find the secrets of Wakfu yourself,Wakfu is a great game with a unique concept. It's fun to play and there's many things to do. People write it's only grinding, but I think that's unfair. Every competitive game contains a lot of grinding for those who want to have the best items, the top level, etc. Do you have to do this when playing Wakfu? - I think not. Go slow, enjoy the environment, find the secrets of Wakfu yourself, instead of rushing through maybe 5% of the world and dungeons to keep killing the same things over and over. Then it will be quite a lot of fun.

Wakfu opens a lot of features for community events, but people don't really use them. There are an incredible lot of emotions and movements that could serve a role playing community very well. I just hope, some of the people who could enjoy this, get attracted. There are theaters, taverns, campfires to sit down - even a toilet! - come over here, help it fill with stories.

Regarding f2p, it's just there to get an understanding of how the real game works. It doesn't have to be more. It's perfectly ok for me, if the community is limited to people that are able to pay the little monthly contribution. The (player influenced) environment or politics still isn't in the best of possible states, but it was clearly worse in beta when everyone and their buddies had fun disturbing it.

Game is definitely worth a try, and I would give 10 points, if Ankama would put some time and effort in attracting more of the roleplaying crowd.
  10. Jun 22, 2012
    This game is really good, I love it a lot actually. But the company that publishes it, sucks. Square Enix totally messed up the subscription base of this game. You can't use prepaid visa cards to sub to the game, supposely people are saying you cant end your sub either. For some reason, at one point the game did have Paypal, and now it doesnt. This game is amazing, everything about itThis game is really good, I love it a lot actually. But the company that publishes it, sucks. Square Enix totally messed up the subscription base of this game. You can't use prepaid visa cards to sub to the game, supposely people are saying you cant end your sub either. For some reason, at one point the game did have Paypal, and now it doesnt. This game is amazing, everything about it works fine, its just the account problems they are currently having. For only 6 bucks a month, its totally worth it, but Im not gunna sub to this game with my debit card if I cant never end the sub! Expand
  11. Mar 26, 2012
    Looking for a game which requires a little brain activity when running dungeons and battling monsters? The kind you cannot get from extreme tanking MMO like World of Warcraft and Runecape, you know the ones where you all basically surround one enemy and hit until it's dead? Then Wakfu is your game.

Battle dozens of monsters in a beautifully constructed environment, each dungeons is a work of art and the rest of the game follows suite. Head off with your guildies and actually work as a team to take down monsters and master you abilities.

Heavy grinding? Not at all, if you learn your surroundings and the environment leveling can be fast and fun, the only place I see grinding is withing professions. Spend longer then a few days on the game and you will know all the best spots.

Why 8/10 if I love the game so much? Well, because I believe Wakfu has even more potential and how could I ever vote it higher without giving it an 8 at the moment?

Come to Wakfu and fall in love.
  12. Mar 27, 2012
    The game is in beta test yet even its released , its full of bugs , client crashes , unbalanced classes and more , isn't worth paying for, i recommend stay away from it for another year or so.
  13. Apr 25, 2012
    After playing the game (not subscribed yet), I can safely say MOST of these comments are severely out of date. A lot of those complaints have been fixed (for instance, non subscribers can party with other non subscribers).
    The game is still largely a grind, and classes are still a bit unbalanced - but the game has received already one title patch since I started playing (been playing for three weeks) and there is a huge update coming out May 2nd with a new class, among other things. The game isn't perfect, but it's still got the support to live up to the hype. It's DEFINITELY still a beta, despite it's "official" status. I honestly love this game and I am completely addicted.
  14. Mar 21, 2012
    I've played many of the Free-MMO's and pay to play, and realistically this isn't terrible, why it gets such negative reviews are beyond me. Yes its no final fantasy tactics, but at least its a step in the right direction and one has to give it props for trying.

Now personally I'm not a fan of them game, but that is because when I play games I have a bad problem of not creating allies, if not for my friends I know I'd never have found myself a guild in SWTOR/WoW/FF11 or any of the bigger titles. even the little titles I've played 98% of them and I know I have only every joined 1 guild. But if you have the ability to make friends, this game is a blast and I assure you it will allow you at minimal of a Month of play. The major pitfall that no one seems to grasp when they say its a lot of grinding, No its not, its more accurately a lack there of direction. As this gamer sees it there is a strong future to look forward to in this game.
  15. Mar 26, 2012
    Supposedly the successor dofus, wak fu innovates the mechanics of the game, a unique system that allows for total ecosystem manipulation, options and ways to play, no foul. you can be a collector or someone who only harm the ecosystem, or warrior who get their livelihood through the sale of the thing that gets of the monsters it kills, it's your choice, feel free to choose among dozens ofSupposedly the successor dofus, wak fu innovates the mechanics of the game, a unique system that allows for total ecosystem manipulation, options and ways to play, no foul. you can be a collector or someone who only harm the ecosystem, or warrior who get their livelihood through the sale of the thing that gets of the monsters it kills, it's your choice, feel free to choose among dozens of ways to play .
    One thing the game is up against very small inventory that fills very fast, another bad thing in the game is the achievements system, RPG players are accustomed to the task, which in my opinion is much better and some dynamism to the game .
    recommend to all those who like challenges.
  16. Mar 4, 2012
    Wakfu has the potential to be a great game. The mechanics are unique, the classes are interesting, and the artwork is beautiful. The soundtrack isn't bad either. However, a shaky launch threatens the game's playerbase.

This is the first mmo I have ever played, and I have to say it's quite good! Usually strategic combat bores me, but Wakfu has kept my attention. A player can pick from 14 different classes, each one with unique abilities suiting a player's taste- Osamodas, the monster summoners, to Xelors, the mages, to Iops, your typical sword-and-shield hero. Players familiar with dofus will see all of the classes they know return- but the gameplay is quite different.

Spells level up not by distributing points in typical RPG style, but instead by using them in battle. The more a spell is used, the more it levels up, the more damage you can do! However, this is where wakfu hits a problem- spells level up incredibly slow, and most players end up spamming one spell just to do decent damage. It may just be a launch problem, and be fixed soon, sure, but it does need to be addressed. Strangely, the game hasn't always been like this- in closed beta, spells leveled up just fine... I am really not sure why they changed it.

Another big problem is wakfu's grind. You can grind for hours and barely get 5 levels. To me, it seems that this grind is here to keep players occupied while the developers ...... develop more content. Good strategy? I think not.

If you are looking for a free to play game, wakfu is not for you. It is a pay to play game, with tutorial areas available to those not paying. The one thing that annoys me is that f2p's can't party with p2p's. The developers have said this was a bug, but still.

This game is still in launch phase, and it's not as horrible as all these other people paint it to be- it's still a decent mmo, and if major problems are addressed, it could turn out to be one of my favorite rpg's.
    If you're looking for something new, give it a chance.
  17. Mar 26, 2012
    The graphics, animations and the soundscape of Wakfu is breathtaking. Unfortunately the game is currently in a terrible state. The only content of the game is never ending grinding of levels and farming of resources. I can not suggest this game to anyone at its current state.
  18. Mar 27, 2012
    Bad suport, not informing player from changes before they are maded, bugs "fixed" that really aren't. Forun admin calling you xenofobic and racist. Not recomended.
  19. Mar 11, 2012
    Wakfu at first glance is a nice game, and to be fair it can be fun and has a nice art style that can be enjoyable. But when you get down to it the game is heavy in grinding and often times over populated servers can make thing's hard to do. Speaking of hard to do, a free player, being a supposable free2play game, can do almost nothing. You can't make, or use, money in the game, you can notWakfu at first glance is a nice game, and to be fair it can be fun and has a nice art style that can be enjoyable. But when you get down to it the game is heavy in grinding and often times over populated servers can make thing's hard to do. Speaking of hard to do, a free player, being a supposable free2play game, can do almost nothing. You can't make, or use, money in the game, you can not trade, you can not hunt or mine creatures outside of the second starting area (after the tutorial) and subscribing to the game can, in some cases, be near impossible to do. Speaking on subscribing. The one part of this game that can, and has, turned many would be paying customers away is the support. The support to this game is almost non existent as the dev's respond in ways that seem as if they never read the posts that they respond to, or skimmed at best. The ticket system is mostly automated and rarely helps the players out as it should. If by chance they think your credit card was stolen they even ask for a photo of your card and ID to make thing's worse, then ask again when the automated system doesn't understand what it got. All in all the game can be fun, if your lucky enough to get a subscription. It has nice art, a decent combat system if you like tactical, interesting characters and enough crafting and leveling to keep you busy. But the problems with the game starting and ending with the company it self are to much to give it a good score based just on that, as many won't ever get to experience most of what makes the game good Expand
  20. Mar 5, 2012
    The game is nothing more then a grind, there is almost no dev support, subscriber items and titles cannot be traded between players. The Free to play sucks so dont play unless you plan on subscribing. I dont recommend this game for anyone.
  21. Mar 26, 2012
    I'm shocked at the reviews currently, really who is reviewing this people who play world of warcraft? Yes the game is a grind but is that not what keeps you coming back everyday? The game is a follow on from Dofus, both games have a great and big community feel and I've played many online games I really cant understand people who want game content to consist of reaching max level in 2I'm shocked at the reviews currently, really who is reviewing this people who play world of warcraft? Yes the game is a grind but is that not what keeps you coming back everyday? The game is a follow on from Dofus, both games have a great and big community feel and I've played many online games I really cant understand people who want game content to consist of reaching max level in 2 weeks then sitting around in towns waiting for new content that is not fun, actually having to work towards a goal seems more enjoyable to me. As for peoples comments on the free to play business its not a free to play MMO you can get a taste at the start like any game but that's it I mean if you like the game pay for it, if you want a completely free game look for one. Please do not play every MMO then complain when you gotta pay for 80% of the content. Now my review on the game, I think for a new game this is by far one of the most polished and of course it needs alot more balancing and bug fixes yet there is new content due in a few days. The ecosystem idea is abit slow to get your head around took me awhile to find out what everything does but I'm not one for reading all the manuals and help texts I like to explore and discover the game as it hits me, but as a whole the idea is fantastic the power you hold over resources and local population is great fun to fiddle with. As for the politics well that is similar to guild hierarchy the players in a nation can choose to be good or bad citizens and how to govern there nation. This leads me onto my next point the idea of four nations rather than two is excellent its always been good or evil now its four elements people are now alot more aware of there actions and the consequence's because not just one side turning on you could be three. The professions seem hard to level at top end as gathering does not get faster it stays at the same collection time and XP so I'm wondering if there will be changes to that. The fact you can mint your own money is also a great idea harder to own markets now as everyone has the same start only people who dedicate there time souly to making money in game can get ahead really. As a long time player of Dofus I will say this as an ending to my review, these games have always taken awhile to suck people in but what they have to offer is far greater than most MMO's out there so stick with it for a week or two and see how you feel. Expand
  22. Mar 27, 2012
    I'm seriously surprised by all the bad reviews players have left. But than I guess you can't expect someone who enjoys Lol or wow to enjoy just as much wakfu. I've played dofus for a long while and I've been really eager to the release of this game. The story is one of the best I've seen in MMOs. It ads up especially when you've played dofus and have watched the series. Not that you wouldI'm seriously surprised by all the bad reviews players have left. But than I guess you can't expect someone who enjoys Lol or wow to enjoy just as much wakfu. I've played dofus for a long while and I've been really eager to the release of this game. The story is one of the best I've seen in MMOs. It ads up especially when you've played dofus and have watched the series. Not that you would have to, in order to enjoy the game. It's just simply adorable to see something in the game that you have already seen on the TV and to say "hey! isn't that... for the series??" it made me smile. REALLY. about the bugs, I really agree that ankama should work this things out but they had just released the game for go'd sake! give them time! Plus it's one of the few games that let you become leader (or well king) of a nation, manage it's resources, introduce public transport and unlock territories. Plus they have a democratic system! That means anyone( well subscribers actually) can be the leader of a nation, declare war to another or ally with it. The currency is strictly introduced by players! You can destroy the environment or fix it! Heck, you can even get to prison! So I seriously don't understand what everyone's problem is with this game that has so many new things that players can enjoy but everyone seemes to see only the bugs and the F2P limits. Don't u have to pay for your world of warcraft? Hell you do! But no one complains because they are all illegally downloading the game making game designers and developers gain much less than their work is worth. Expand
  23. Mar 27, 2012
    Wakfu is great, really is, the ideas are all good, but the overall is quite confusing, because it doesn't look complete, the nations has very little to explore, and I hope the subscription thing would be a bit different, I payed to play, but, Ankama should make easier for free to play user, because otherwise wakfu is going to fail in 1 year or so.
  24. Mar 27, 2012
    The game has been in development for at least 6 years, and has been through every stage of development a lot of times. Open beta, closed beta, complete overhaul of several class gimicks, crafting system, and at one point the whole project was started over, with new graphics and skill leveling systems. I was part of the closed beta of this last year, during which one thing became reallyThe game has been in development for at least 6 years, and has been through every stage of development a lot of times. Open beta, closed beta, complete overhaul of several class gimicks, crafting system, and at one point the whole project was started over, with new graphics and skill leveling systems. I was part of the closed beta of this last year, during which one thing became really obvious: The customer support was completely non-existant and feedback would be completely ignored, unless it was posted on the french forums. Many times it would seem that they were making fun of the players, when a huge issue or bug would appear in the game and they wouldn't make a mention of it and ignore it for several months such as item duplication bugs, or huge flaws on the many important and unique mechanics in the game. One of them is the political system: Once every 2 weeks or so, each of the 4 nations would have elections and choose 1 player to be a governor, and that governor would be able to start war with other nations, choose laws, set taxes, or buy "challenges" that are small contest-like events that would earn prizes for players that won them. A wonderful idea, or at least thats what it sounded like but when applied it was easy to see that the elections did nothing but act like popularity contest.
    Or the weather and ecologic mechanics, were mobs and resources such as trees, flowers and wheat could go extinct if people collected/destroyed too many of them without replanting, but in the game it is really easy to see a thousands of selfish players that straight out REFUSE to replant, and it is the work of small caring bunch to keep stuff alive, since everyone else is just too lazy to waste 15 seconds replanting even 1 tree for every 20 they cut down. I have seen people complain that while they are trying to replant resources, they will have players chase them around and collect the resources they just planted as soon it becomes possible, and sometimes destroying them before the resources can be collected just because they can, and then those same people are seen walking around complaining that they can't find more trees to cut
    Classes are awfully unbalanced, and even now that the game is released, they are still releasing balancing patches that make some mayor changes to most classes, most of the time making the overpowered classes even more overpowered, and nerfing even more the ones that are already struggling to stay alive. Since this is a released product, i don't need to explain why it is a bad idea to make such drastic changes to the way some classes work when there are a lot of people that have made builds around those spells and such.
    The elemental spells gain experience when you use them. So if you want a spell to become stronger, you only have to use it a lot. When you use many spells in a fight, the spell exp is split among the used spells depending on how much they were used, but you also get a small exp bonus the more spells you used. For example, using only spell A gives you 10 exp, using spell A and spell B equal amount of times get 6 exp o each of them. They did it this way to reward players that use more variety in spells, so they get less exp per spell but the total exp is higher. The problem with this is that many spells are extremely situational and will rarely be leveled since they are not worth being used often. Also, even thou the extra exp was made to benefit players that use many spells, truth is the less spells you use the stronger you will be, because those spells that you use all the time, the most effective powerful combo will always be the best one to use, so there is no pont on leveling spells that are not part of that combo. This is a game with beautful aesthetics and with lots of subtle puns or references based on a world with a great lore, but i believe nothing can save it now. Ankama has ignored feedback for a long time, rushed the production for release and right now, it feels that they are just looking for ways to milk the players from their money in some agressive marketing before the game sinks for good, like adding a cash shop on this game that is already subscription based, advertised as free to play. Ankama had plenty of time to change their ways. It is just painful to see the direction the game has taken.
  25. Mar 27, 2012
    Wakfu has a very good potential. Let's hope they will keep up the good work. The graphics look nice and the game play is very different of Dofus.
  26. Apr 14, 2013
    Wakfu is not a perfect game by a long shot. There are some bugs and imbalances still in the game, but it is easily playable. Ever since the (admittedly rushed) launch in early 2012, the devs have added worlds of new content, including dungeons, equipment, classes, and crafts. If their 2013 roadmap is to be believed, then there is much more to come. A lot of people see the game as a grind,Wakfu is not a perfect game by a long shot. There are some bugs and imbalances still in the game, but it is easily playable. Ever since the (admittedly rushed) launch in early 2012, the devs have added worlds of new content, including dungeons, equipment, classes, and crafts. If their 2013 roadmap is to be believed, then there is much more to come. A lot of people see the game as a grind, but what MMORPG ISN'T a grind? This is literally the only MMO I have ever played in which I have reached level cap with even one character. Maybe my rating seems a bit high, but I love the world, lore, artwork, incredibly creative classes, and customizable Haven Bags (bag of holding, google it if you don't know what that is) far too much to rate it any lower. Is it perfect? No. Will you love it? For only $6 a month, it's easy to love. Expand
  27. Mar 3, 2012
    God art, music, sound effects. I love the battle system, and the individual/unique mechanics that each character has. There are some bugs with characters that I hope get worked out soon, and they need to increase the character limit to at least 12 to match how many characters they have. Hope to see more content soon!
  28. Mar 27, 2012
    Wakfu is brilliant game. Wakfu has its own taste, its own style. All characters are different, all builds are reliable, all groups are potent. It have some problems today, like economics breaches and balance issues, but all of them will be fixed, i hope so.
    Graphics, music and so are just perfect.
    Wakfu is a game with soul. Yes, this soul is full of grind, but even coop grind is fun in Wakfu.
  29. Mar 28, 2012
    This game is awesome!!!!! Original, beautiful, fun, so different from what I see elsewhere before... Absolutly the best MMO of the year!! I hope the game content will be updated frequently.
  30. Mar 26, 2012
    This game is a MMORPG with a turn based battle system, just what I was looking for, excellent initiative of Ankama and SE, reminds us Final Fantasy TACTICS, but with some restrictions on these. Maybe with a little more strategy and a craft system more inviting (which can take less time for our precious lives) this game becomes more interesting.

1. Apr 16, 2012
    A beautiful alternative to the standard MMO, but unlikely to draw you away from more structured questing for long. [May 2012, p.88]
  2. Apr 16, 2012
    Wakfu isn't for everyone, but it is right up your alley if you love a grid-based strategy RPG with the MMO elements we're all familiar with. It has enough charm to keep you in awe for days, and enough depth to keep you playing for weeks.
  3. Mar 23, 2012
    If you're expecting epic quests, great loot, a compelling storyline and larger than life battles, then maybe Wakfu isn't the game for you. But if you're interested in exploring a drop-dead gorgeous world without getting aggro from every single mob you come across and being able to chat freely without restrictions to all the other players in the game, then you'll probably love this game.