5.2

1. Mar 2, 2012
    Wakfu has nice art, music, and the occasional person willing to chat. Unfortunately, other then that all it has is grind. Wakfu had it's chance at potential, but the f2p cannot trade, nor can they drop items, or do any of the crafting professions. Since f2p cannot trade nor partake in the crafting professions, what little gathering f2p can do is useless. The resources gathered could not beWakfu has nice art, music, and the occasional person willing to chat. Unfortunately, other then that all it has is grind. Wakfu had it's chance at potential, but the f2p cannot trade, nor can they drop items, or do any of the crafting professions. Since f2p cannot trade nor partake in the crafting professions, what little gathering f2p can do is useless. The resources gathered could not be crafted into items by subscribers if the f2p gather the resources. The f2p element is a very limited trial because of that; their social element is essentially just stand around, sit on a bench, and talk to other players. This game has been in Closed Beta for a few years, at least 3 or more, then they rushed into Open Beta near the beginning of February, and at the end of February they went into Live. The crafting system is all the same, click something, wait while a bar fills, move to the next resource and repeat. This may seem like complaining, but I did play in the Closed Beta. I know what it's like to spend 6 hours just gathering resources so I could craft 100 bread that nobody wanted to buy. The in game currency is made purely by the players. Players must gather a ton of ore to make a few of the game currency. All the in game currency is used for is transportation and unlocking new areas to explore. After a nation unlocks the area, all the currency is useful for is transportation, and that currency is lost in the game. SO, players are essentially making currency for it to disappear if anyone uses the transportation. If you like blatant in your face grind, play Wakfu, just make sure you subscribe or else you can only participate in a little portion of the overall grinding in this "game" Wakfu. With all of the boring in your face grind, Wakfu feels like a job and not a game in which you might have fun in. Expand
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    Potential is the only thing this game has ever had. It has been in development since 2007. Paying for the game was impossible for some reason due to a buggy payment system. First it kept me cycling between the same pages and when I finally got to a payment page it gave me an error upon payment. It's a good thing it didn't work. The cash shop is pay to win after SquareEnix told us it wouldPotential is the only thing this game has ever had. It has been in development since 2007. Paying for the game was impossible for some reason due to a buggy payment system. First it kept me cycling between the same pages and when I finally got to a payment page it gave me an error upon payment. It's a good thing it didn't work. The cash shop is pay to win after SquareEnix told us it would be purely cosmetic. Later we found out items were over 3 times more expensive in the NA region. The free to play doesn't let you get very far and you can't trade, join parties or really anything that makes an MMORPG and MMORPG. The only thing you can do is kill cutesy birds and flowers. Alone. No one could access the server after release was announced for half the day. There was already a duplication glitch announced yesterday and no news of rollbacks or compensation for yesterday being a mess. There is no release patch notes about what changed from beta. We didn't get lot of the equipment we were promised from contests and other beta events. I'm sure they'll resolve these issues at some point in time but I have better things to do. They're still technically cleaning up XIV that was released in 2010. I don't know what square is thinking. Expand
  3. Mar 1, 2012
    I've been waiting for this game to come out for years and despite it getting off to a crap start yesterday (server issues) the game has been exactly what I was hoping. I've been enjoying myself immensely. There are tons of things to do and I thoroughly enjoy the crafting.

People have been giving this game a bad rap because of Square Enix's name, but from what I gather, they're just hosting the servers. Ankama developed it, just as they did Dofus and I think they've done a great job. I see the potential for a great future!

If you like isometric-view games like Dark Ages by Nexon/Kru or Ragnarok Online, you're sure to enjoy Wakfu!
  4. Mar 2, 2012
    Ugh. It's just a grind game. Much much more grind than in early beta. Not what I expected from my favorite genre. The current state of release is pretty terrible even though it's been like 3 years since I last saw it. Disgaea and the tactics series are still way better. The mmo aspect here is pretty lame because even if you sub you're severly limited to what skills you can use.
  5. Mar 4, 2012
    With any user-driven metric you have to remember that it will probably skew negative from some minority with a frustrating issue (frustrating enough to drive them to rant). I'll try to be as unbiased as possible (My rating is positive but that's purely subjective imo)

Pro's: - turn-based, strategic combat rare in MMO's (very well executed for group PvP too) - player driven economy

- player driven economy (everything from mining to minting currency)
    - player driven ECOLOGY (kill off animals/plants, re-seed an area, mix and match to a degree so you can - farm what you need in as close a distance as possible -- there is player competition here obviously over WHAT should be planted). - nations, governments, elections, laws, etc to give players the tools to shape the world
    - free client, $6/mo subscription (extremely cheap imo)

CONS: - memory leak issue (sometimes having to restart client after a few hours)
    - bug preventing subscribers from grouping with free-to-play players (unresolved as of one week)
    - server desync bug (Fairly rare occurrence which drops you out of combat and/or renders you unable to interact with the world, requires relogging)
    - inventory space is sorely lacking (and there's a storage tax to keep items in your "house" unless you run quite a distance)
    - miscellaneous/cosmetic bugs (for example one complaint is that the "gifts" for subscribing apply only to one character, fairly ridiculous concern imo)
    - item mall (the devs promise this won't impact pvp but I'm still skeptical, I would rather pay $12/mo and remove the item mall)
  6. Mar 5, 2012
    The game is nothing more then a grind, there is almost no dev support, subscriber items and titles cannot be traded between players. The Free to play sucks so dont play unless you plan on subscribing. I dont recommend this game for anyone.
  7. Mar 26, 2012
    The graphics, animations and the soundscape of Wakfu is breathtaking. Unfortunately the game is currently in a terrible state. The only content of the game is never ending grinding of levels and farming of resources. I can not suggest this game to anyone at its current state.
  8. Mar 28, 2012
    I just want to point out, do most of these positive voters sound like real people or generated advertisements? This game is in no way ftp and you are basically paying to play beta. Wakfu have spent the past 6 years wasting their potential on bad leadership and constant mind changing. Fighting in pve gets very repetitive very fast and classes are either broken or unbalanced making pvp allI just want to point out, do most of these positive voters sound like real people or generated advertisements? This game is in no way ftp and you are basically paying to play beta. Wakfu have spent the past 6 years wasting their potential on bad leadership and constant mind changing. Fighting in pve gets very repetitive very fast and classes are either broken or unbalanced making pvp all but pointless. The game is very grind-centric with very little sense of achievment or progression. Expand
  9. Feb 29, 2012
    They forced this out of beta early even though it was not ready. It's very buggy and unbalanced and before release there was massive duping. They gradually made it more of a grind game before release. They did not listen to many people in the community that had very obvious complaints. All professions are all the same click-and-wait mechanics and the game forces you to limit yourself toThey forced this out of beta early even though it was not ready. It's very buggy and unbalanced and before release there was massive duping. They gradually made it more of a grind game before release. They did not listen to many people in the community that had very obvious complaints. All professions are all the same click-and-wait mechanics and the game forces you to limit yourself to just 1 to 3 spells you can use. Any more and you're weakening yourself a lot. It's not very tactical at all, unless you're willing to grind for a year to unlock more spells. It's an insult to the genre. The art is beautiful but it's just a grind game. I really really wish it was good ;_;. Expand
  10. Mar 3, 2012
    God art, music, sound effects. I love the battle system, and the individual/unique mechanics that each character has. There are some bugs with characters that I hope get worked out soon, and they need to increase the character limit to at least 12 to match how many characters they have. Hope to see more content soon!
  11. Mar 11, 2012
    Wakfu at first glance is a nice game, and to be fair it can be fun and has a nice art style that can be enjoyable. But when you get down to it the game is heavy in grinding and often times over populated servers can make thing's hard to do. Speaking of hard to do, a free player, being a supposable free2play game, can do almost nothing. You can't make, or use, money in the game, you can notWakfu at first glance is a nice game, and to be fair it can be fun and has a nice art style that can be enjoyable. But when you get down to it the game is heavy in grinding and often times over populated servers can make thing's hard to do. Speaking of hard to do, a free player, being a supposable free2play game, can do almost nothing. You can't make, or use, money in the game, you can not trade, you can not hunt or mine creatures outside of the second starting area (after the tutorial) and subscribing to the game can, in some cases, be near impossible to do. Speaking on subscribing. The one part of this game that can, and has, turned many would be paying customers away is the support. The support to this game is almost non existent as the dev's respond in ways that seem as if they never read the posts that they respond to, or skimmed at best. The ticket system is mostly automated and rarely helps the players out as it should. If by chance they think your credit card was stolen they even ask for a photo of your card and ID to make thing's worse, then ask again when the automated system doesn't understand what it got. All in all the game can be fun, if your lucky enough to get a subscription. It has nice art, a decent combat system if you like tactical, interesting characters and enough crafting and leveling to keep you busy. But the problems with the game starting and ending with the company it self are to much to give it a good score based just on that, as many won't ever get to experience most of what makes the game good Expand
  12. Mar 2, 2012
    A new take on MMORPGs, where the combat takes place on a grid on the area the battle is started at on the map. Combat is turn-based and fairly simple with tactics, position and range being very important at all stages of the game. Players are given a set amount of time to complete their turns and are rewarded with temporary power-ups based on how speedily they played their turns.A new take on MMORPGs, where the combat takes place on a grid on the area the battle is started at on the map. Combat is turn-based and fairly simple with tactics, position and range being very important at all stages of the game. Players are given a set amount of time to complete their turns and are rewarded with temporary power-ups based on how speedily they played their turns.

Classes have very interesting abilities that are unique to each class and are unlocked early on in gameplay but need to be leveled up through constant use of ability, though a few are leveled with special points rewarded upon leveling, though those are usually utility spells. Points are also distributed into stats which are also chosen by the player at each level, making each person rather unique in their playstyle combined with the previous "ability leveling system" and gear choices.

As for content, I haven't played for very long but there are absolutely no quests in the game, the closest thing to this being "achievements", which have the player do various things such as kill certain enemies in a zone or visit certain spots. Some achievements are repeatable and give massive experience, but require an item dropped by enemies to start, while others involve searching for and unlocking the game's many, many, many secrets and easter eggs, which alone can provide a lot of gameplay. Though, all and all the game requires a lot of grinding(back to back to back enemy killing) with the experience from achievements and temporary zone events not nearly being enough to level up very far. Though this is made up for with the reward of leveling your abilities as you fight and the combat itself being fairly interesting even in solo play as well as many dungeons for you to fight excessively tough enemies in alongside your friends.

Though on that note, there is a notable issue. The restrictions placed upon non-subscribers are so vast that they even go as far as to completely disallow subscribers to group with non-unscribers under any circumstance, something very upsetting that my friend and I discovered when on of us simply did not have the money to play.

Beyond combat and achievements there are other interesting game mechanics in Wakfu, such as the game's money system. All money(Kamas) are minted by players with the Miner and Kama Minter professions. Kamas can only be used to buy things from other players and there are no vendors whatsoever. This creates a strange sort of ingame economy where every item is either dropped by enemies or crafted by players. Items can be posted in player-run shops, which everyone gets for free and can be placed just about anywhere, and also in the game's Auction Houses.

There is also the environment system and the citizenship system to consider. The environment(at least after you leave the free-to-play zone) is entirely player-run. It lacks re-spawning mobs and resources, but through the use of the Trapping, farming, fishing and woodcutting professions, animals and plants can be brought back with seeds harvested from plants or animals.
    Citizenship works hand in hand with this, with each zone having a Clan Member NPC who watches over the zone and has "wishes" for how (s)he wants the zone to be. Wishes being certain amounts of certain plants or animals. Killing animals and harvesting resources to lower an overpopulated zone or breeding animals and growing plants to bring back up a low number of resources will reward you with citizenship points, which judge your citizenship status in that certain area, eventually allowing you to vote on or run for a player-selected Governor of that area, who sets taxes and managed the area's funds to bring back extinct species or start special events or even start wars with the other countries in the game, which are also player-run.

All-in-all this game easily eats up a lot of time but for an MMO runs -very- cheap, about a third of the cost of major MMOs like Rift or WoW. If you want a new experience, go try it out but don't expect much from the free to play version, nearly everything is restricted to paying customers.
  13. Mar 3, 2012
    Equips drop are now a lot more rare presumably to encourage and make crafting useful... but the crafting is not the crafting from beta. It takes hundreds of ingredients to make 1 thing. The only thing that drops well is the item shop. The pet is near useless. It starts off with 1% and increases like every 4 days. Even the shop items require level grind. The monetary system is annoyingEquips drop are now a lot more rare presumably to encourage and make crafting useful... but the crafting is not the crafting from beta. It takes hundreds of ingredients to make 1 thing. The only thing that drops well is the item shop. The pet is near useless. It starts off with 1% and increases like every 4 days. Even the shop items require level grind. The monetary system is annoying because monsters don't drop gold. You have to grind it. Currently there's a guy camping at every respawn point for iron just mindlessly waiting for it to reappear. It takes 10 iron to make 1 gold. This means iron is worth 1/10 of the smallest form of currency. Similarly many items are worth less than 1k. Everyone is selling everything at 1k instead so no one buys things they can grind themselves.

Spell XP is a joke. You can use a spell once and use a weapon the rest of the turns and get 100% spell XP for that spell. Other times you use a spell and another spell gets more damage and that other spell earns a bit more spell XP. The spell XP makes it so you can't see if your class is good or not without investing several weeks of grind, and even then you're limited to only a few skills from a particular branch. Experimentation is not possible, and if you reroll your character you can't gain the perks again you paid for by subbing, they're limited to 1 character. It feels unintuitive I find myself using spells I don't need to just to level them. Sometimes I spend battles where I use a spell once and weapons the rest of the turn just because I want to level a weak spell or keep it even with my other spells. It's a lot of stupid micromanagement when I really would rather have challenging battles. Some classes like saddida can exploit their way to higher level pretty easily and it seems a bit unfair meanwhile others like air osa are kind of useless. Well, there's too many small things to list that are just bad. The thing that irks me the most is how little experimentation I can do, or what I'd like to call "play". Everything takes an enormous amount of time. The only thing that makes this game kind of tolerable is the other players.
  14. Mar 3, 2012
    A fun quirky game with great art, music, and population. With tactical turn based combat and over 14 classes to choose from its already off to a great start. Throw in the unique player ran economy and ecosystem and the ultra low price of $6 a month (less if you buy in bulk,) and you've got a solid MMO that competes with other AAA titles!
  15. Mar 3, 2012
    The game is a great game if you're into tactical MMO's, kind of akin to those such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Suikoden Tactics, Disgaea and related games. There is a misconception about this game being "Free to Play" and the current line of players believes they should have everything for free, which that is not the case. IT is a free "permanent trial" as it were.

As the game has just

As the game has just been released, things need to be improved on, of course (the not being able to party with people because of them being F2P and P2P members is a bug that will be fixed) and a lot of these negative reviews about bugs or limitations should not be here as full knowledge of the situation is not known by a vast majority of the people.

But I digress, this game has beautiful art and locations. This isn't a game you can just play solo, as there are many challenges that need to be tackled as a group or you will find yourself feeding the mushrooms rather quickly. It's a great game if you like a more laid-back atmosphere. I would have given this game a 10 but the PvP system in the game has no repercussions for attacking people who want nothing to do with it aside from some time in jail (if you're caught and killed by a Guard, which even then can be worked off) and some negative citizenship points which again can be worked off rather quickly, thus giving people power to choose how you play the game you spend money on.

But aside that, it is still a very good game to play with your friends. Don't look at the negative reviews and just pass the game off as a wasted cause, because gamers can be very harsh when judging something solely based on how it isn't to their expectations, I would recommend trying the game yourself to see if it's for you.
  16. Mar 4, 2012
    tl;dr ~ Waku isn't a sand box, has no defining fun factors *(other then a wannabe "turn based tactics game" with no challenge).

It's a prime example of how a great art direction can carry an ultimately broken and flawed game. >>>>>>>>> 1. Dungeons ~ Hand full of them at best, P2P players will not bother with astrub dungeons as there's little to no actual point *(you level far faster

>>>>>>>>>

1. Dungeons ~

Hand full of them at best, P2P players will not bother with astrub dungeons as there's little to no actual point *(you level far faster then struggling to beat any of the lv10-15 dungeons there) making the reward *(gear) worthless as you can reach lv20 in bout a day or so.

**As for legit dungeon rewards: all you really have is the gobball and celestial dungeons**

Yes there are also Nation specific dungeons *(like the Snapper in Sufokia) ~ however, they only exist to cater to the pointless boost exp system for dungeons ~ as there are no bosses/special loot. Thus making them a waste of time.

For those interested in "lore" for dungeons.. sadly, you'll also be disapointed as there isn't any ~ other then the crow and dhreller dungeon.

2. Professions ~

You have waaaaaay more then a handful of them... BUT they're nearly all pointless ~ why? cause you can get better gear by killing mobs.

tho at least some of the higher level armor/weapons are some what useful.. unlike cooking/baking that have no useful craft past lv15 *(for the time sink you'll invest).

Sadly, it doesn't matter which profession you pick.. as they still take a "guilds effort" to level up in a timely fashion *(you'll be making HUNDREDS of useless items that no one wants or needs for anything.. just to level up ~ good luck mindlessly gathering those mats if you're solo).

3. Ecosystem ~

No point.. does nothing but slow down player progression or create a small sense of accomplishment for bout an hour or two when you first start playing the game.

Furthermore, a small guild can wipe out national resources fairly quickly if they get bored *(happens a lot after the first few weeks).

Any bonuses you "had" will now be gone and you'll be forced to replant them or try to stop the people doing this ~ good luck, as the CP system is again... pointless, they'll have LOADS more CP then they'll lose killing you and wiping out your stuff, thus will never go to jail or become a criminal..

lol, just hope they don't rig a vote for Gov.. and raise taxes/make it illegal to kill specific mobs.

As is, it's like a 2nd job that has NO reward/payment for your investment. This is one of the very VERY neat features the dedicated players were interested in and ultimately disappointed by ~ due to the poor direction/lackluster design of the game. 4. Common misconceptions/Interests of the game:

Q: Official site says I can "try before I buy" a sub.. F2P any good?

A: F2P "elements" make it nothing more then a demo ~ you can't vote, or affect the ecosystem, you can't group or even mint kama... hence why I say "demo" and not "free trial" ~ as you do NOT get to "try out" anything that makes the game "special".

Q: Professions, handfull of dungeons and FISHING!?.. must be a Sand box?

A: No, wakfu is not a sandbox.. at least not any more then a CD can be called a coaster ~ Why? Because there's no actual point to bother investing your time in one thing over another *(you'll be no different then anyone NOT wasting their time) ~ Thus there's no purpose to the many "time sinks" in-game ~ all it really is, is a grind simulator. **note: for a real sandbox reference, check EVE online ~

Q: Wakfu is a Tactics based game.

A: Perhaps.. but not really ~ as the mobs never evolve or get any stronger/smarter ~ they just start stacking on the steroids and boost HP/dmg... completely removing any sense of challenge or accomplishment in the game. Q: PVP!? A: You can gank or be ganked at any level past Lv15. NO, you cannot turn it off.. or stop those lv95's from killing you at the market or while picking berries at lv19 ~ ENJOY! ^_^ Q: Quests and Lore? A: Nope... there are NO quests outside the tutorials in incarnam or astrub intro *(gather 3 feathers to pick a nation). Lore is also a bust.. to know everything bout the game and actually have a good time, just watch the animated show ~ well, that or spend a few hours walking around each nation after browsing the Wakfu wiki to see a couple of neat tid bits bout how the world was flooded by a crying baby *(the dude that beat the gods). Q: I has useless junk.. and LOTS of it.. where the NPC's at? A: Sorry.. there aren't any of those ~ best you just chuck those in a bin or something.. maybe even try to trick a nub into taking them off your hands? ~ really, 80% of the stuff you get ingame is worthless.. so get use to it. ***note: this is where crafting could've shined with a "breakdown" or harvest mechanic for useless gear/items *(like gems and what not in other games). Q: THIS GAME IS FUN!? A: Yep, it can be and depending on your level of tolerance for stupid/skill less time sinks, you might have a blast for a few weeks or so.
  17. Mar 4, 2012
    Wakfu has the potential to be a great game. The mechanics are unique, the classes are interesting, and the artwork is beautiful. The soundtrack isn't bad either. However, a shaky launch threatens the game's playerbase.

This is the first mmo I have ever played, and I have to say it's quite good! Usually strategic combat bores me, but Wakfu has kept my attention. A player can pick from 14 different classes, each one with unique abilities suiting a player's taste- Osamodas, the monster summoners, to Xelors, the mages, to Iops, your typical sword-and-shield hero. Players familiar with dofus will see all of the classes they know return- but the gameplay is quite different.

Spells level up not by distributing points in typical RPG style, but instead by using them in battle. The more a spell is used, the more it levels up, the more damage you can do! However, this is where wakfu hits a problem- spells level up incredibly slow, and most players end up spamming one spell just to do decent damage. It may just be a launch problem, and be fixed soon, sure, but it does need to be addressed. Strangely, the game hasn't always been like this- in closed beta, spells leveled up just fine... I am really not sure why they changed it.

Another big problem is wakfu's grind. You can grind for hours and barely get 5 levels. To me, it seems that this grind is here to keep players occupied while the developers ...... develop more content. Good strategy? I think not.

If you are looking for a free to play game, wakfu is not for you. It is a pay to play game, with tutorial areas available to those not paying. The one thing that annoys me is that f2p's can't party with p2p's. The developers have said this was a bug, but still.

This game is still in launch phase, and it's not as horrible as all these other people paint it to be- it's still a decent mmo, and if major problems are addressed, it could turn out to be one of my favorite rpg's.
    If you're looking for something new, give it a chance.
  18. Mar 21, 2012
    I've played many of the Free-MMO's and pay to play, and realistically this isn't terrible, why it gets such negative reviews are beyond me. Yes its no final fantasy tactics, but at least its a step in the right direction and one has to give it props for trying.

Now personally I'm not a fan of them game, but that is because when I play games I have a bad problem of not creating allies, if not for my friends I know I'd never have found myself a guild in SWTOR/WoW/FF11 or any of the bigger titles. even the little titles I've played 98% of them and I know I have only every joined 1 guild. But if you have the ability to make friends, this game is a blast and I assure you it will allow you at minimal of a Month of play. The major pitfall that no one seems to grasp when they say its a lot of grinding, No its not, its more accurately a lack there of direction. As this gamer sees it there is a strong future to look forward to in this game.
  19. Mar 26, 2012
    I'm shocked at the reviews currently, really who is reviewing this people who play world of warcraft? Yes the game is a grind but is that not what keeps you coming back everyday? The game is a follow on from Dofus, both games have a great and big community feel and I've played many online games I really cant understand people who want game content to consist of reaching max level in 2I'm shocked at the reviews currently, really who is reviewing this people who play world of warcraft? Yes the game is a grind but is that not what keeps you coming back everyday? The game is a follow on from Dofus, both games have a great and big community feel and I've played many online games I really cant understand people who want game content to consist of reaching max level in 2 weeks then sitting around in towns waiting for new content that is not fun, actually having to work towards a goal seems more enjoyable to me. As for peoples comments on the free to play business its not a free to play MMO you can get a taste at the start like any game but that's it I mean if you like the game pay for it, if you want a completely free game look for one. Please do not play every MMO then complain when you gotta pay for 80% of the content. Now my review on the game, I think for a new game this is by far one of the most polished and of course it needs alot more balancing and bug fixes yet there is new content due in a few days. The ecosystem idea is abit slow to get your head around took me awhile to find out what everything does but I'm not one for reading all the manuals and help texts I like to explore and discover the game as it hits me, but as a whole the idea is fantastic the power you hold over resources and local population is great fun to fiddle with. As for the politics well that is similar to guild hierarchy the players in a nation can choose to be good or bad citizens and how to govern there nation. This leads me onto my next point the idea of four nations rather than two is excellent its always been good or evil now its four elements people are now alot more aware of there actions and the consequence's because not just one side turning on you could be three. The professions seem hard to level at top end as gathering does not get faster it stays at the same collection time and XP so I'm wondering if there will be changes to that. The fact you can mint your own money is also a great idea harder to own markets now as everyone has the same start only people who dedicate there time souly to making money in game can get ahead really. As a long time player of Dofus I will say this as an ending to my review, these games have always taken awhile to suck people in but what they have to offer is far greater than most MMO's out there so stick with it for a week or two and see how you feel. Expand
  20. Mar 26, 2012
    Supposedly the successor dofus, wak fu innovates the mechanics of the game, a unique system that allows for total ecosystem manipulation, options and ways to play, no foul. you can be a collector or someone who only harm the ecosystem, or warrior who get their livelihood through the sale of the thing that gets of the monsters it kills, it's your choice, feel free to choose among dozens ofSupposedly the successor dofus, wak fu innovates the mechanics of the game, a unique system that allows for total ecosystem manipulation, options and ways to play, no foul. you can be a collector or someone who only harm the ecosystem, or warrior who get their livelihood through the sale of the thing that gets of the monsters it kills, it's your choice, feel free to choose among dozens of ways to play .
    One thing the game is up against very small inventory that fills very fast, another bad thing in the game is the achievements system, RPG players are accustomed to the task, which in my opinion is much better and some dynamism to the game .
    recommend to all those who like challenges.
  21. Mar 26, 2012
    Looking for a game which requires a little brain activity when running dungeons and battling monsters? The kind you cannot get from extreme tanking MMO like World of Warcraft and Runecape, you know the ones where you all basically surround one enemy and hit until it's dead? Then Wakfu is your game.

Battle dozens of monsters in a beautifully constructed environment, each dungeons is a work of art and the rest of the game follows suite. Head off with your guildies and actually work as a team to take down monsters and master you abilities.

Heavy grinding? Not at all, if you learn your surroundings and the environment leveling can be fast and fun, the only place I see grinding is withing professions. Spend longer then a few days on the game and you will know all the best spots.

Why 8/10 if I love the game so much? Well, because I believe Wakfu has even more potential and how could I ever vote it higher without giving it an 8 at the moment?

Come to Wakfu and fall in love.
  22. Mar 27, 2012
    Bad suport, not informing player from changes before they are maded, bugs "fixed" that really aren't. Forun admin calling you xenofobic and racist. Not recomended.
  23. Mar 27, 2012
    The game is in beta test yet even its released , its full of bugs , client crashes , unbalanced classes and more , isn't worth paying for, i recommend stay away from it for another year or so.
  24. Mar 27, 2012
    I'm seriously surprised by all the bad reviews players have left. But than I guess you can't expect someone who enjoys Lol or wow to enjoy just as much wakfu. I've played dofus for a long while and I've been really eager to the release of this game. The story is one of the best I've seen in MMOs. It ads up especially when you've played dofus and have watched the series. Not that you wouldI'm seriously surprised by all the bad reviews players have left. But than I guess you can't expect someone who enjoys Lol or wow to enjoy just as much wakfu. I've played dofus for a long while and I've been really eager to the release of this game. The story is one of the best I've seen in MMOs. It ads up especially when you've played dofus and have watched the series. Not that you would have to, in order to enjoy the game. It's just simply adorable to see something in the game that you have already seen on the TV and to say "hey! isn't that... for the series??" it made me smile. REALLY. about the bugs, I really agree that ankama should work this things out but they had just released the game for go'd sake! give them time! Plus it's one of the few games that let you become leader (or well king) of a nation, manage it's resources, introduce public transport and unlock territories. Plus they have a democratic system! That means anyone( well subscribers actually) can be the leader of a nation, declare war to another or ally with it. The currency is strictly introduced by players! You can destroy the environment or fix it! Heck, you can even get to prison! So I seriously don't understand what everyone's problem is with this game that has so many new things that players can enjoy but everyone seemes to see only the bugs and the F2P limits. Don't u have to pay for your world of warcraft? Hell you do! But no one complains because they are all illegally downloading the game making game designers and developers gain much less than their work is worth. Expand
  25. Mar 27, 2012
    Wakfu is brilliant game. Wakfu has its own taste, its own style. All characters are different, all builds are reliable, all groups are potent. It have some problems today, like economics breaches and balance issues, but all of them will be fixed, i hope so.
    Graphics, music and so are just perfect.
    Wakfu is a game with soul. Yes, this soul is full of grind, but even coop grind is fun in Wakfu.
  26. Mar 28, 2012
    This game is awesome!!!!! Original, beautiful, fun, so different from what I see elsewhere before... Absolutly the best MMO of the year!! I hope the game content will be updated frequently.
  27. Mar 4, 2012
    Still unable to do the simplest thing of upgrading my account to a full subscription. This is an issue that a significant number of people appear to be having with the game and yet the company refuses to respond or address the issue on the forums. This doesn't bode well for their customer appreciation or dedication to service.
  28. Mar 5, 2012
    Pros:
    +Somewhat simlar to final fantasy tactics.... kind of... not really. No height advantages, no timed spells, etc.
    +You unlock 12 active spells and 10 abilities by level 10. +Nice artwork +Only 6 USD per month for subscription Cons: -You may only use at maximum 3/12 spells. Otherwise, due to spell experience system, you will be SEVERELY weak. Get used to spamming the same button for
    Pros:
    +You unlock 12 active spells and 10 abilities by level 10.
    +Nice artwork
    +Only 6 USD per month for subscription

Cons:
    -You may only use at maximum 3/12 spells. Otherwise, due to spell experience system, you will be SEVERELY weak. Get used to spamming the same button for years. Did I mention this severely hinders your tactical gameplay?
    -Crafting system is flawed and unbalanced. Some crafting professions have terrible rewards/investment, while others are very easy to pick up and level.
    -Economy is in sick shape and will most likely never improve due to their mechanics.
    -Fights drag on and on. Highly suggest you multi-task while playing this game. In dungeons you will generally wait 8 minutes between your 12-second turns... where you will generally try to use the one skill you will ever use your entire wakfu career, and pass if you get chumped in LoS.
    -Severely buggy cash shop/subscription plans. Many people got banned when subscribing due to a bug. Many people get banned for buying virtual cash. They still haven't reimbursed or fixed any of the problems. It is also currently impossible to cancel your subscription, unless you change your credit card number by getting a new credit card.
    -Free to play is severely hindered by limitations. You may not party with subscribers, do anything outside of the small starting area, pick up or drop items, or use any craft.
    -Extremely low drop rates. This can be remedied with the auction house, if you can afford it...
  29. Mar 26, 2012
    It might seem like a nice game with interesting features at first, but don't be fooled. All this game has is wasted potential.

As proven by previous games and management, Ankama have no idea what they are doing. The marketing is terrible (its NOT a f2p game, the free is just a trial, yet they act as if it is f2p instead of trial/demo). Its ridiculously bad programmed and heavy (JAVA is also a stupid idea to program it on, as its easier to create bugs that way, which the game is full of).

To start with, the servers are IP blocked, because they think that's an awesome idea. This means if you're german you're confined to play in the german server and so on. There is almost no content (and even less content than beta stage), there is not even end game content, this means they released the game even more incomplete than beta. The class balance is terrible. The political system is **** up and highly exploitable. It has a cash shop which sells items to reduce in-game effort (which even got its downfall video from the players http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHX-88-E0z0&feature=youtu.be ). They scrapped on the last months and during the beta a lot of good ideas to make the game more similar to Dofus, such as scrapping gemlin (a pet supposed to be entirely customizable), making the graphics worse (one of the beta versions had a much better graphic), ruining the haven bag system (sorta like housing).

They also allow multiclienting, which, for being a turn based game, will soon be a huge problem in many ways. (such as multiple voting on elections). The combat system is a joke. Just as an example, you should be using a single spell all the time if you want it to be maxed when you get lvl 100 (and have all others at low level). The game is pure grind. It was not so much in beta but they increased the XP needed to level by a lot on release, probably to slow people from getting to unexistant end game content. I could go on with the failures... The developers keep making bad design choices which obviously show they don't know what they are doing all the time, I just can't remember them all.

They can't even make decent changelogs, they do not list all changes on them and do not explain them well.

Tl;dr: Don't waste your time, this game is not what it looks like at first.
  30. Mar 26, 2012
    This game is not worth playing. All you who are thinking about playing this. I recommend just playing Dofus if you want a turn based MMO or just wait a year or two so they get this game together. Then we'll see if this is still alive and consider it again.
  31. Mar 28, 2012
    When i play this game i feel like in the game i can not stop! Like "keenu_souleyman" said IT'S ORIGINAL!! anybody did one game like that before. They change the rules from MMORPG it's not like the MMORPG (most of them) the go in line( all the same ) Add in game: Pym
  32. Mar 4, 2012
    A unique game that's nice to look at... but the balance and content are alpha/beta quality. The ecosystem is nice. So are the government and nation aspects. The pets are a garbage addon gimmick reminiscent of tamagachi. The gameplay is entirely hit or miss. Some classes can 1 or 2 shot anything. And some classes are complete and utter useless garbage. The devs prefer style overA unique game that's nice to look at... but the balance and content are alpha/beta quality. The ecosystem is nice. So are the government and nation aspects. The pets are a garbage addon gimmick reminiscent of tamagachi. The gameplay is entirely hit or miss. Some classes can 1 or 2 shot anything. And some classes are complete and utter useless garbage. The devs prefer style over effectiveness as far as game mechanics go. Updates and bug fixes are slow or non-existent. The only support or feedback you can get out of SE/Ankama is related to problems with the cash shop or subscription service. They released their game unfinished and expect you to pay for it. Expand
  33. May 3, 2013
    Even if you wanted to like the game you will be turned off by the horrible company. The ads for the game are deceptive, and there is nothing free to play about a demo. You would not call any $59.99 game free to play because it has a demo. In addition to the subscription based play there are pay to win micro transactions. And if you do buy any of these expect to be filling out supportEven if you wanted to like the game you will be turned off by the horrible company. The ads for the game are deceptive, and there is nothing free to play about a demo. You would not call any $59.99 game free to play because it has a demo. In addition to the subscription based play there are pay to win micro transactions. And if you do buy any of these expect to be filling out support tickets to deal with your lost premium currency, and items that never arrived in your in game mail. Buyer Beware.

Even if you do get a subscription and access to the full game it is no more than a grind fest with little to no rewards or purpose.

The game is broken, and basically still in beta even a year after official release. Classes don't work as intended, skills are broken, and pvp is a joke due to the horrible character balance. Hope you never have to fight a ranged character as a melee.

So if you like mindless grinding, no rewards, pay to win, bad companies, and a lack of players in your MMO than this is the game for you.
  34. Mar 26, 2012
    This game is a MMORPG with a turn based battle system, just what I was looking for, excellent initiative of Ankama and SE, reminds us Final Fantasy TACTICS, but with some restrictions on these. Maybe with a little more strategy and a craft system more inviting (which can take less time for our precious lives) this game becomes more interesting.
  35. Mar 27, 2012
    Wakfu is great, really is, the ideas are all good, but the overall is quite confusing, because it doesn't look complete, the nations has very little to explore, and I hope the subscription thing would be a bit different, I payed to play, but, Ankama should make easier for free to play user, because otherwise wakfu is going to fail in 1 year or so.
  36. Mar 26, 2012
    Been following this game since it was a mere concept. It's an absolutely disgrace to see how corporate greed has turned a beautiful project into a train wreck.

Intending to reach two audiences that require diametrically opposed features to please (sandbox and themepark lovers), Ankama overextended in every single way, releasing an unfinished, buggy product and charging for it in an immoral, borderline illegal way.

The worst facet of this issue is the unjustifiable mistreatment of the playerbase by Ankama. Players have been lied to (officially promised to have a cosmetics-only cash shop, then a P2W shop was released on day one after people had paid preorders), blatantly ignored (still no official response on the arbitrary server restrictions that separated friends for absolutely no reason) and neglected when it comes to customer support (I have a 5 month old open ticket, go figure...).

If I have to say it at gunpoint, yes, the game is "fun". Combat mechanics are fine, animation and art style are flashy. But that doesn't compensate for the abysmal balance, myriad of bugs and overall broken character developement system, which has been reported a million times during the beta, and repeteadly ignored.

Do not support Wakfu. It is half a game, yet they're charging double for it (subscription PLUS pay to win shop). Your money is much better spent elsewhere.
  37. Mar 26, 2012
    What a huge failure. Lack of skills respec, bugs everywhere, completely unbalanced classes, undeveloped mechanics, horrible equipment stats distribution. In short, I paid 5 euros for a game which should still be in closed beta.
    Do not waste your time and money in this grindfest. Wakfu is a game with great potential, but it looks like Ankama and Square are only interested in milking their customers.
  38. Mar 27, 2012
    The game has been in development for at least 6 years, and has been through every stage of development a lot of times. Open beta, closed beta, complete overhaul of several class gimicks, crafting system, and at one point the whole project was started over, with new graphics and skill leveling systems. I was part of the closed beta of this last year, during which one thing became reallyThe game has been in development for at least 6 years, and has been through every stage of development a lot of times. Open beta, closed beta, complete overhaul of several class gimicks, crafting system, and at one point the whole project was started over, with new graphics and skill leveling systems. I was part of the closed beta of this last year, during which one thing became really obvious: The customer support was completely non-existant and feedback would be completely ignored, unless it was posted on the french forums. Many times it would seem that they were making fun of the players, when a huge issue or bug would appear in the game and they wouldn't make a mention of it and ignore it for several months such as item duplication bugs, or huge flaws on the many important and unique mechanics in the game. One of them is the political system: Once every 2 weeks or so, each of the 4 nations would have elections and choose 1 player to be a governor, and that governor would be able to start war with other nations, choose laws, set taxes, or buy "challenges" that are small contest-like events that would earn prizes for players that won them. A wonderful idea, or at least thats what it sounded like but when applied it was easy to see that the elections did nothing but act like popularity contest.
    Or the weather and ecologic mechanics, were mobs and resources such as trees, flowers and wheat could go extinct if people collected/destroyed too many of them without replanting, but in the game it is really easy to see a thousands of selfish players that straight out REFUSE to replant, and it is the work of small caring bunch to keep stuff alive, since everyone else is just too lazy to waste 15 seconds replanting even 1 tree for every 20 they cut down. I have seen people complain that while they are trying to replant resources, they will have players chase them around and collect the resources they just planted as soon it becomes possible, and sometimes destroying them before the resources can be collected just because they can, and then those same people are seen walking around complaining that they can't find more trees to cut
    Classes are awfully unbalanced, and even now that the game is released, they are still releasing balancing patches that make some mayor changes to most classes, most of the time making the overpowered classes even more overpowered, and nerfing even more the ones that are already struggling to stay alive. Since this is a released product, i don't need to explain why it is a bad idea to make such drastic changes to the way some classes work when there are a lot of people that have made builds around those spells and such.
    The elemental spells gain experience when you use them. So if you want a spell to become stronger, you only have to use it a lot. When you use many spells in a fight, the spell exp is split among the used spells depending on how much they were used, but you also get a small exp bonus the more spells you used. For example, using only spell A gives you 10 exp, using spell A and spell B equal amount of times get 6 exp o each of them. They did it this way to reward players that use more variety in spells, so they get less exp per spell but the total exp is higher. The problem with this is that many spells are extremely situational and will rarely be leveled since they are not worth being used often. Also, even thou the extra exp was made to benefit players that use many spells, truth is the less spells you use the stronger you will be, because those spells that you use all the time, the most effective powerful combo will always be the best one to use, so there is no pont on leveling spells that are not part of that combo. This is a game with beautful aesthetics and with lots of subtle puns or references based on a world with a great lore, but i believe nothing can save it now. Ankama has ignored feedback for a long time, rushed the production for release and right now, it feels that they are just looking for ways to milk the players from their money in some agressive marketing before the game sinks for good, like adding a cash shop on this game that is already subscription based, advertised as free to play. Ankama had plenty of time to change their ways. It is just painful to see the direction the game has taken.
  39. Mar 27, 2012
    Wakfu has a very good potential. Let's hope they will keep up the good work. The graphics look nice and the game play is very different of Dofus.
  40. Mar 4, 2012
    Game Is nice, but honestly. It's been in the works for 2yrs+, they have another game with a similar style Dofus, so why is it so hard to fix the bugs and get a working website up if the previous game is almost an exact copy with no problems. The Dev team needs to either be fired, or go back to school because i've had better service within a day from other MMO's that were bigger than this.Game Is nice, but honestly. It's been in the works for 2yrs+, they have another game with a similar style Dofus, so why is it so hard to fix the bugs and get a working website up if the previous game is almost an exact copy with no problems. The Dev team needs to either be fired, or go back to school because i've had better service within a day from other MMO's that were bigger than this. Honestly, reaction time on solving these things is very poor on their side, and they're losing customers because of it. Expand
  41. Mar 5, 2012
    This is a pretty cool game at first but it really starts to wear you out. It has a lot of fascinating stuff like the ecology, government and conflict territories. It has many professions but they all work by spawning a timer which you stare at while you gather the resources. Using the resources in a profession means going to one of the profession workshops, selecting a recipe and thenThis is a pretty cool game at first but it really starts to wear you out. It has a lot of fascinating stuff like the ecology, government and conflict territories. It has many professions but they all work by spawning a timer which you stare at while you gather the resources. Using the resources in a profession means going to one of the profession workshops, selecting a recipe and then staring at a timer for each item you "craft". This game can be easily trolled, like wiping out resources from the ecosystem, declaring war with everyone, making it illegal to kill monsters etc. You can also attack anyone you like at any time just to annoy them. You lose citizenship points which makes you a criminal. Basically I can repeatedly attack a dude by a spawn point and make their life miserable. If later someone is stronger than me they can put me in jail if they attack me and beat me, to which I can just go eat IRL and my time in jail has expired. The voting system can be game'd just making new characters and voting from the same account. It's easy to farm CP for those that buy an second account. Oh yeah, multiaccounting is ok. It becomes obvious fast that the only thing there really is to do is do dungeons with your guild and kill monsters forever trying to collect drops. The thing that kills me is the complete lack of creativity. It's a sandbox game but you can't really do anything that doesn't feel like turning the crank of a slot machine or being in some sweatshop. I find most people, including myself are doing the exact same strategy every battle. This is not like minecraft-style creativity, it's more like, we get little forms we can modify in the interface but all of the perks are grind-centric; kill so many monsters in 20 minutes for an item you can use in a profession. On top of that there's a lot of weird bugs. Sometimes I can't fight and sometimes my gaming client just poofs after I've been playing awhile. People are buying items from the cash shop and selling them in game so the item shop is kind of unfair. The more you're willing to pay in real money the more advantage you have but I guess it's similar to being able to multiaccount. I played way too much on release and in beta so maybe a normal person will get to this stage in a few weeks, but I can conclude this game is kinda fun at first but has no long term appeal other than grinding. Release didn't really improve the game much other than to make the crafting recipes more grindy. Giving it a chance means a lot of hours of play because it takes a lot of time to really do anything in this game. Content gets more sparse the higher your level. The thing I hate most is the direction it has gone. It has gone opposite of most players opinion in simple ways that could have been easy to change. Expand
  42. Mar 5, 2012
    I was reluctant to give Wakfu a high score because of the state of the game, tons of bugs and glitches, class imbalances etc. I ended up deciding to give it a 5 because regardless of the bugs and all the problems, I've still been having a fun time playing the game. The classes are all fun and I feel like if the designers could get the balance right, plus add the ability to respec, the gameI was reluctant to give Wakfu a high score because of the state of the game, tons of bugs and glitches, class imbalances etc. I ended up deciding to give it a 5 because regardless of the bugs and all the problems, I've still been having a fun time playing the game. The classes are all fun and I feel like if the designers could get the balance right, plus add the ability to respec, the game would be well deserving of a 7 or 8 score.

Unfortunately, at the moment this is not the case, making the game deserving of a 5. If they fix the big bugs (such as some class abilities not even working) I would be more than willing to come change my review to one more positive.
  43. Mar 4, 2012
    This game is beyond fun. But for a few reasons the fun is sucked out of the game faster than you can suck down a smoothie. The turn based mechanics and nation to nation combat are amazing, the conflict that players actually create is amazing, the only reason why this game gets a 4 is because of the way it tries to make it's money. You have to subscribe, which costs six dollars, to unlockThis game is beyond fun. But for a few reasons the fun is sucked out of the game faster than you can suck down a smoothie. The turn based mechanics and nation to nation combat are amazing, the conflict that players actually create is amazing, the only reason why this game gets a 4 is because of the way it tries to make it's money. You have to subscribe, which costs six dollars, to unlock the game. You will constantly see the words, "must subscribe," even when you are doing things that don't even seem like a big deal. This game has no free to play. It is only pay to play. Expand
  44. Mar 24, 2012
    This is an incomplete game with core elements and classes bugged, yet it has both a pay for advantage cash shop, which they lied saying it would be purely cosmetic, and a subscription model. The item shop costs 3 times more if you're in north america so be sure to buy from the french site, it still works. They don't patch things in a timely fashion. There's many broken spells and severelyThis is an incomplete game with core elements and classes bugged, yet it has both a pay for advantage cash shop, which they lied saying it would be purely cosmetic, and a subscription model. The item shop costs 3 times more if you're in north america so be sure to buy from the french site, it still works. They don't patch things in a timely fashion. There's many broken spells and severely overpowered skills that heavily corrupt the balance of the game. You need a team to kill an air cra. From 30 to 100 everyone in the game grinds on boos and mosquitoes which kill themselves and give huge XP. This game has no redeeming qualities. The graphics are deceptively good but the mechanics and gameplay will remind you at every level that this game still needs a lot of work to feel like it has any direction whatsoever. Expand
  45. Apr 3, 2012
    As game enthusiast my wife and I frequently try new mmos. Wakfu was the most promising we have played in a while and we are extremely disappointed at the fact that not the game but the official website is the reason we have given up on playing. It started with banning us from creating 2 accounts (one for me and one for my wife to play the game together) on the same IP for 24 hours! WeAs game enthusiast my wife and I frequently try new mmos. Wakfu was the most promising we have played in a while and we are extremely disappointed at the fact that not the game but the official website is the reason we have given up on playing. It started with banning us from creating 2 accounts (one for me and one for my wife to play the game together) on the same IP for 24 hours! We overlooked that and fell in love with the game play and decided to subscribe only to be met with another BAN for 24 hours. For some unexplained reason we "could not be charged" and costumer support was impossible to contact. The account forums are flooded with people posting that they are having the same issues and some who had been able to subscribe couldn't unsubscribe leading to money being taken out of the bank when they didn't wish to pay anymore. This game fails on the most important part to a gaming business and thats the account information and money handling. Collapse
  46. May 28, 2012
    I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt so peaceful while immersed in a game. Wakfu has got it all covered: Artwork, Music, Story, Gameplay, Variety, Atmosphere, Characters, Community, Availability. This is one of the most complete games I've ever played. One of the most beautiful worlds I've visited. It just feels right, friendly, dreamy. I'm so tired of MMOs and multiplayer gamesI honestly cannot remember the last time I felt so peaceful while immersed in a game. Wakfu has got it all covered: Artwork, Music, Story, Gameplay, Variety, Atmosphere, Characters, Community, Availability. This is one of the most complete games I've ever played. One of the most beautiful worlds I've visited. It just feels right, friendly, dreamy. I'm so tired of MMOs and multiplayer games in general full of neckbeards, rage kids, achievement junkies, gold miners, bad mannered people and your run of the mill malignants. Wakfu is like a paid holiday in that regard. I must confess to being a bit biased since I really loved FFT, and am into TBS games in a big way. But I do love this game. It grows on you.

Be warned however, it is not for the overly competitive sort or graffixx/ragdoll physics worshipers. You guys stick to HoN, CoD and the like. Suffocate on your own rage.
  47. Mar 15, 2012
    WAKFU has very nice character animations and from art perspective it is a very good looking game, and a lot off (as of yet) unrealized potential. All characters have a choice in what way to specialize, in a form of 3 Elemets/Spells (5 per element) + Support skills, however due to the game mechanics one is generally forced to specialize in one element, as in your character gets locked intoWAKFU has very nice character animations and from art perspective it is a very good looking game, and a lot off (as of yet) unrealized potential. All characters have a choice in what way to specialize, in a form of 3 Elemets/Spells (5 per element) + Support skills, however due to the game mechanics one is generally forced to specialize in one element, as in your character gets locked into a particulare "build". The problem is there is often a particular element for a specific class that is at an obvious adavantage to any other choice. This can either be due to the buffs/debuffs or damage of the said spells, or it can also be due to the cost of a particular ability (remeber this is a turn based game, with action points per turn being limited). Bottom line is, alot of abilities suffer from poor balancing, reducing all that seemingly large choice in developing your character to 1 or maybe 2 viable builds. The game also uses "practice makes perfect" principle for leveling your spells, meaning the more spell is used the more it levels, but in practice the pool of spell experience that can be earned per battle is fixed (as a % of total exp) and using more then one spell per battle just spreads experience between these spells, in end effect the system penalizes using more then one spell per battle. And because of elemental mastery (the more "fire" is used the more bonus one gets to that element) using differenet elements is not recomended. So thats the picture of this game, the whole strategy part is reduced to using one spell per battle in all battles, and the only thing you can really strategize about is your positioning. Not all classes suffer from this to the same degree but I see it as a problem. When your choices are reducved from 3 elements and 15 spells, to 1 element and 1 spell, the whole thing becomes grindy really fast. Expand
  48. Apr 3, 2012
    Wakfu is a disaster that should go down in history as a "what not to do" lesson for all MMOs to come. Even it's beautiful and unique artistic style doesn't even come close to making up for the abject failures in essentially every other aspect of the game. It is a bug-ridden, hideously imbalanced grind-fest with a whimpering economy and scarcely enough content to last you two good weeks.Wakfu is a disaster that should go down in history as a "what not to do" lesson for all MMOs to come. Even it's beautiful and unique artistic style doesn't even come close to making up for the abject failures in essentially every other aspect of the game. It is a bug-ridden, hideously imbalanced grind-fest with a whimpering economy and scarcely enough content to last you two good weeks. Over the 3+ years I have spent beta testing this game I have seen it go from great to good to bad to downright embarrassing. There were versions of this game that were incredibly fun, promising, and well-loved, but these were inexplicably deleted and replaced with the sort of garbage we see now. There are bugs in this game that have festered for so long that they've actually celebrated birthdays. I don't know what else to say. It's probably unfair to judge the reviews of others, but I get the impression that the majority of the highly positive reviews here are from people who have not yet delved deeply enough into the game to realize just how ill-conceived, imbalanced, buggy, grindy, and short this game really is. I loved Dofus, I love turn-based strategy, and I love Ankama's unique artistic style, and I tried so hard to love this game - but it's truly awful. What a waste. Expand
  49. Apr 25, 2012
    After playing the game (not subscribed yet), I can safely say MOST of these comments are severely out of date. A lot of those complaints have been fixed (for instance, non subscribers can party with other non subscribers).
    The game is still largely a grind, and classes are still a bit unbalanced - but the game has received already one title patch since I started playing (been playing for three weeks) and there is a huge update coming out May 2nd with a new class, among other things. The game isn't perfect, but it's still got the support to live up to the hype. It's DEFINITELY still a beta, despite it's "official" status. I honestly love this game and I am completely addicted.
  50. May 15, 2012
    Wakfu is a great game with a unique concept. It's fun to play and there's many things to do. People write it's only grinding, but I think that's unfair. Every competitive game contains a lot of grinding for those who want to have the best items, the top level, etc. Do you have to do this when playing Wakfu? - I think not. Go slow, enjoy the environment, find the secrets of Wakfu yourself,Wakfu is a great game with a unique concept. It's fun to play and there's many things to do. People write it's only grinding, but I think that's unfair. Every competitive game contains a lot of grinding for those who want to have the best items, the top level, etc. Do you have to do this when playing Wakfu? - I think not. Go slow, enjoy the environment, find the secrets of Wakfu yourself, instead of rushing through maybe 5% of the world and dungeons to keep killing the same things over and over. Then it will be quite a lot of fun.

Wakfu opens a lot of features for community events, but people don't really use them. There are an incredible lot of emotions and movements that could serve a role playing community very well. I just hope, some of the people who could enjoy this, get attracted. There are theaters, taverns, campfires to sit down - even a toilet! - come over here, help it fill with stories.

Regarding f2p, it's just there to get an understanding of how the real game works. It doesn't have to be more. It's perfectly ok for me, if the community is limited to people that are able to pay the little monthly contribution. The (player influenced) environment or politics still isn't in the best of possible states, but it was clearly worse in beta when everyone and their buddies had fun disturbing it.

Game is definitely worth a try, and I would give 10 points, if Ankama would put some time and effort in attracting more of the roleplaying crowd.
  51. Apr 19, 2012
    One of the worst MMO's I have seen. Hard to know where to start.......

boasts this MMO is tactical. Well...its not even close to being tactical. The MOST unbalanced class's I have ever seen in any MMO in the last 20 years its a major grind fest (99% of the game is grinding), who the hell likes that? almost zero feedback on things in the forums, unless you read FRENCH PvP is garbage, PvE
    One of the worst MMO's I have seen. Hard to know where to start.......

its a major grind fest (99% of the game is grinding), who the hell likes that?
    almost zero feedback on things in the forums, unless you read FRENCH
    PvP is garbage, PvE is garbage. There is no point to any of it.

and this.....YOU CANT UNSUBSCRIBE. It has been months since release and they don't even admit this. They hide from this issue every time its brought up in the forums.
  52. Jun 22, 2012
    This game is really good, I love it a lot actually. But the company that publishes it, sucks. Square Enix totally messed up the subscription base of this game. You can't use prepaid visa cards to sub to the game, supposely people are saying you cant end your sub either. For some reason, at one point the game did have Paypal, and now it doesnt. This game is amazing, everything about itThis game is really good, I love it a lot actually. But the company that publishes it, sucks. Square Enix totally messed up the subscription base of this game. You can't use prepaid visa cards to sub to the game, supposely people are saying you cant end your sub either. For some reason, at one point the game did have Paypal, and now it doesnt. This game is amazing, everything about it works fine, its just the account problems they are currently having. For only 6 bucks a month, its totally worth it, but Im not gunna sub to this game with my debit card if I cant never end the sub! Expand
  53. Apr 17, 2012
    As a big fan of Final Fantasy Tactics I was initially skeptical of this game. Although the cartoon type style bothered me a little bit, my original thought was it was more for a younger crowd, I decided to try it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised at the CONCEPT of the game being an MMO. The way the game is presented on a functional level is pretty solid. I never tried Dofus, so beingAs a big fan of Final Fantasy Tactics I was initially skeptical of this game. Although the cartoon type style bothered me a little bit, my original thought was it was more for a younger crowd, I decided to try it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised at the CONCEPT of the game being an MMO. The way the game is presented on a functional level is pretty solid. I never tried Dofus, so being unfamiliar with the world some things were confusing, including the types of monsters, they just seemed odd. As many others have mentioned class balance seems to be an issue, I also did not see much in the form of a community. I found mostly people running around just soloing. Since I was under the assumption this was free to play, it wasn't until I read the forums that there is a huge disconnect between paying players and free players, mostly because of the games design flaws. The other frustrating piece was the fact that very early on you get quests that you cannot complete because you need to pay to be able to use or do certain abilities or skills to complete even the earliest of quests. Overall, I do wish for the success of Wakfu only so that I can hope someday they will do a Final Fantasy Tactics online with that universe and job system, as the core concepts would be easily able to be transferred over. Unfortunately, because of the limited things you can do as a free subscriber, the game turns in to just an exp grind very early on making one lose their interest very quickly. Expand
  54. May 15, 2012
    I went from a hardcore lover of the game, to the most disappointed player on the server within 3 months of my year subscription. If I had to some up wakfu with one word it would be 'bait and switch'. Nearly every class is riddled with game breaking bugs that are still existent from open beta. Nearly every unique selling point advertised such as the unique character progression, or uniqueI went from a hardcore lover of the game, to the most disappointed player on the server within 3 months of my year subscription. If I had to some up wakfu with one word it would be 'bait and switch'. Nearly every class is riddled with game breaking bugs that are still existent from open beta. Nearly every unique selling point advertised such as the unique character progression, or unique ecosystem checks and balances has already been taken out of the game and is no longer true, and their is zero end game content. There's a reason you can't experience 95% of the game until you pay. Buyer beware. Expand
  55. Apr 14, 2013
    Wakfu is not a perfect game by a long shot. There are some bugs and imbalances still in the game, but it is easily playable. Ever since the (admittedly rushed) launch in early 2012, the devs have added worlds of new content, including dungeons, equipment, classes, and crafts. If their 2013 roadmap is to be believed, then there is much more to come. A lot of people see the game as a grind,Wakfu is not a perfect game by a long shot. There are some bugs and imbalances still in the game, but it is easily playable. Ever since the (admittedly rushed) launch in early 2012, the devs have added worlds of new content, including dungeons, equipment, classes, and crafts. If their 2013 roadmap is to be believed, then there is much more to come. A lot of people see the game as a grind, but what MMORPG ISN'T a grind? This is literally the only MMO I have ever played in which I have reached level cap with even one character. Maybe my rating seems a bit high, but I love the world, lore, artwork, incredibly creative classes, and customizable Haven Bags (bag of holding, google it if you don't know what that is) far too much to rate it any lower. Is it perfect? No. Will you love it? For only $6 a month, it's easy to love. Expand
  56. May 16, 2012
    Very ambitious on Ankama's part but a total flunk of a game. While it does has very nice artwork and music, it is just a total grind with very limited options for F2P - not as good as Dofus.
  57. Apr 23, 2012
    The definition of wakfu is squandered potential. I can't emphasize that enough. Let me do it again. The definition of wakfu is squandered potential. The reviews are equally split between good and bad. They're both right. It's 5 stars if it's taken like a $5 one-time phone game you play for a week, but it's 1 star for its long term appeal and currently available buggy features and terribleThe definition of wakfu is squandered potential. I can't emphasize that enough. Let me do it again. The definition of wakfu is squandered potential. The reviews are equally split between good and bad. They're both right. It's 5 stars if it's taken like a $5 one-time phone game you play for a week, but it's 1 star for its long term appeal and currently available buggy features and terrible balance. This 5 year old game, which is still in beta condition. It is just another grind game. Such a waste. Expand
  58. Jul 30, 2013
    Wakfu is a unique turn-based strategic MMORPG that dosnt conform to your typical MMO. i've played dofus since i was 12 and Wakfu since closed Beta, it has a political system, Unique guild system including the creating and management of your own guild world, and an environmental and weather system. I've tryed to play other MMORPGS but nothing keeps me for longer than a few weeks, Wakfu isWakfu is a unique turn-based strategic MMORPG that dosnt conform to your typical MMO. i've played dofus since i was 12 and Wakfu since closed Beta, it has a political system, Unique guild system including the creating and management of your own guild world, and an environmental and weather system. I've tryed to play other MMORPGS but nothing keeps me for longer than a few weeks, Wakfu is by far the greatest and unique MMORPG i've played and the only downside is the lack of population in the English Server "Remmington" which can easily be fixed if people stop rating it so low when in reality all these reviews where written in the games very early stages. the game is 3 years old next February and will be 2 years since its been open to the public, so please ignore all these negative reviews and take my advise and try it out for yourself. if you have any issues i'd be more than happy to help. My in game name is Loco Huge Wang, on the Server Remmington. Expand
  59. Jul 22, 2014
    Game has gone a long way since open beta. f2p has access to pretty much all content and premium just gives access to the politics system and bonus loot/exp. Droprates can be abyssal endgame depending on class but this'll probably be fixed at some stage when they revamp the loot / craft system.
  60. Jul 31, 2014
    Great game. The graphics and game play is superb, the game has a wide range of dungeons and bosses and bosses that can be fought weekly which each adopted a very unique combat style forcing the players to use sophisticated tactics in order to deal with them, these are dubbed as "World Bosses" by Ankama. The game's epic music compliment the complex game play which requires more tactics thanGreat game. The graphics and game play is superb, the game has a wide range of dungeons and bosses and bosses that can be fought weekly which each adopted a very unique combat style forcing the players to use sophisticated tactics in order to deal with them, these are dubbed as "World Bosses" by Ankama. The game's epic music compliment the complex game play which requires more tactics than Ankama's older game: DOFUS. Expand
  61. May 31, 2012
    so much change,say want to balance the game but actually they kill the game....this new spell exp system only can make 1 class with 1 spell user will get more advantage while me(earth cra)need more spell to survive the game(on 1 branch)..i do want make multi element as my support spell but now they KILL it thanks a lot ankama and the other people that support it -_-
  62. Jun 10, 2012
    Friggin terrible. You feel ridiculously weak until you get to level 70 + Lack of quests, mixture of feelings of this is a waste of time and pointlessness. The only redeeming thing is the cute and quirky graphics but after a while you realise the only things moving are the animals and characters the backgrounds are just manga paintings. It's not a MMORPG it's a WOTRPG (Waste of time RPG).
  63. Oct 10, 2012
    ANkama its the worst enemy of his Own Game....looks like they actually dont know what to do with it..... I played like 2 months and they change my char 3 times make it unable to acomplishe his original propose... ALso the comunity its full of rud players who will troll u and atack u (in game and forums) if u sumit any complain.
  64. Aug 31, 2013
    A isometric turn-based strategy game (like Ogre Battle and FF: Tactics) with a very awesome art, 100% controlled by players (there are no NPCs in game). All the market, government (yes, there's a governor with Soldiers, Treasures, Ecologists...) is controlled by the own players! The ecology itself is also controlled by players: you may extinct a family of monsters or a type of tree, orA isometric turn-based strategy game (like Ogre Battle and FF: Tactics) with a very awesome art, 100% controlled by players (there are no NPCs in game). All the market, government (yes, there's a governor with Soldiers, Treasures, Ecologists...) is controlled by the own players! The ecology itself is also controlled by players: you may extinct a family of monsters or a type of tree, or plant/cultivation if you don't "replant" them! There's a VERY exciting system of GvG and territory conquests. LOTS of dungeons with all sort of mechanics. The PvP is very well balanced, one of the bests I've ever played, compared to games like Ultima Online and DotA!
    The guild system is unique. There's daily "guild quests" to help your guild get points and invest them on their own City! Called "Heaven Worlds" its an amazing construction system where you can build your own city, with money, resources and points! You can build portal, resurrection statues, roads, houses, monsters fields, plant/tree fields and even dungeons!!
    The updates are constantly and every month there's something totally new coming to the game!
  65. Jul 1, 2013
    Nothing to do but grind and grind and.... grind. Seriously this game is absolutely awful, that is if you can get on their horribly made website and actually create an account. It took multiple tries on their buggy site, somehow they even managed to up and make doing the captcha a grind, before i could make an account then i finally managed to get in and play and found that it is sincerelyNothing to do but grind and grind and.... grind. Seriously this game is absolutely awful, that is if you can get on their horribly made website and actually create an account. It took multiple tries on their buggy site, somehow they even managed to up and make doing the captcha a grind, before i could make an account then i finally managed to get in and play and found that it is sincerely not fun at all. Expand
  66. Oct 4, 2014
    Im sure many people are attracted to wakfu cuz of it art style and it Unusually turn based mmo. This game brings some freash mechanics to mmos and also old school skill trees. Im currently enjoying this game alot but it dosent mean it has its flaws.

Walkfu probably has one of the best art style and character design in its own genre of mmos. For me to say that is probably because this games art style reminds me of Bastion. It has that fimiliar vibe that makes me enjoy the visual of this game. Sound and music are also top notch. It fits the game, fots the art style and it is just simply nice. Although the character creation isnt that bad, if they were to offer bit more than 3 hair styles and 5 clothes style to choose from, this game would of been better.

Now the gameplay is nice and polished in general, tho I had some frustrations at some point. Combat in this game can be the strong point and the weak point of this game depending on if you like turn based or not. If you are a person who enjoied fire emblem and such games, this game will offer you more than what you will ask for. Its got plenty of skills and you will be constantly lvling up and will be spending those attribute points to strengthen your character so it feels like u are progressing all the time. However if you are the player who enjoys 3d ultra graphic action mmo type, this game may feel clunky, boring and sometimes frustrate you when you make the wrong move. But this game also has its flaws. One thing that bothered me the most is the questing system. You get around 10 quests in the beginning and quests become kinda vague later in the game around lvl 20 and from there on its just grinding and grimdimg amd grinding. When I said this game brings some old school mechnic, I ment this too. Personally I hate grinding amd im sure most of you guys do too, but for some reason I didnt mind grinding in this game. But of course that is just me, but for most of you this will be the the major point to turn away from the game. If you do, however survive through the grinding, this game got plenty of dungeons and land for you to explorer with your friends and guild members. I should also mention this games party system combat is quite well done. It makes you feel like playing FF: Tactics Advanced but online. Avoid pvp for now tho because there seems to be lot of of hackers that will make you put their name in death note.

Cash shop was not so bad in this game. There are no definitive op items that will deck out your characters tho you can only get the mount if you pay up $10. Maybe the sidekicks and the pet cash items might over power someone but beside that there wasnt much game braking cash items. If you are crafting enthusiast you will need that 10 slot bags that they sell because you simply cannot hold all the materials in ur default bags and I couldnt find the bank system which sucked. Also the costumes they sell are kinda limited unless you want to count the unnecessary amount of different varient of the pirate costumebwithbdifferent colours.

Overall this game is freash new mmo toy library of mmo and anyone should give it a try. Seriously its like not even a gb to download this game and it will hook you for years month or maybe just a hour but hey, it wount hurt to try it right? Anyway my final verdict is 7.0. Its got freash turn based combat, great music and art style. Combat cane be good and bad tho not so good of questing, lack of customization and very very grindy (but I enjoied so who knows).
  67. Jun 27, 2013
    Wakfu has nice art, creative and unique turn based game play, as well as a fun social dynamic. Wakfu also has an animated series and you can find my creatures, villains, and landscaping from the anime in the actual game. Unfortunately there are still a lot of bugs, even though it has been out for over a year. New content has been released at incredible speed. However, the new content lacksWakfu has nice art, creative and unique turn based game play, as well as a fun social dynamic. Wakfu also has an animated series and you can find my creatures, villains, and landscaping from the anime in the actual game. Unfortunately there are still a lot of bugs, even though it has been out for over a year. New content has been released at incredible speed. However, the new content lacks depth and usually brings with it a new round of bugs and glitches. Character balancing has been slanted more towards PvP instead of geared towards PvE when the game is not designed for PvP. Customer service is nearly non-existent. If you have a bug you might as well quit playing because it won't be fixed. Which is rather frustrating after you have given them money and they still won't resolve let alone knowledge your issue.
    Overall while I do love playing the game and there is huge potential the flaws make it nearly unplayable. Ankama needs to slow down and focus on what really matters. The quality, not quantity.
  68. Dec 30, 2013
    Nice art, lots of potential. NONEXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE; if something happens on their behalf youre screwed. AWFUL UNJUST MODERATORS, horrible economy, horrible management, grind fest on a turn base mmo, less tactical and more time consuming than anything. Horrible game, do not be fooled by how pretty it is.
  69. Dec 30, 2013
    Completly the game sucks. Theres no support, the game developer just want take off your money. The game have milions of bugs that dont get solved. People get neglected by the developers about their problems on game.
  70. May 7, 2014
    1/10, the game was released like two years ago and still have some beta issues:
    -bugs everywhere
    -some bugs even eat your items and pets and of course ankama never gives an answer to the people affected
    -memory leaks make nearly impossible to play the game even with only one account.
    -endless grind fest
    -horrendous drop rates
    -the custom service its a myth
  71. Sep 19, 2014
    ********** INTRODUCTION - A BIT OF HISTORY ***********

********** INTRODUCTION - A BIT OF HISTORY ***********

Now I was a player of Wakfu back in the day (in 2012, like everyone here) and frankly the game was good. now sure, I had the pay a monthly fee (that was not nearly as much as what WoW would ask you to pay, but still, I had to pay it), but the game itself was great. The problem was that unfortunately, the servers were devoid of players, because most wakfu players would have been Dofus players and I think that the beta of Wakfu did really badly with tons of bugs etc. So I eventually dropped the game, like GW2, if you want, and went for something else. You cannot guess how surprised I was to see this game coming on steamplay xD.
    Well, I for one think that this is the best thing Ankama (french gaming company who did Dofus and Wakfu) could have done. Byt doing this not only will their number of players multiply by 100 (it was that low) but the game will be revived. As I understand it, now, there is no need for monthly payment (which I find is great) and you can just enjoy a great game for free.

*********** THE REVIEW ***********

Now I keep saying great game, but what makes this game so great? many, many things.
    I think the first word to describe this game would be innovative, it is struggling to do something no MMO has ever done.

+ Everyone has their own player house FROM THE BEGINNING and it can be upgraded and decorated through quests, achievements and dungeon battles.

+ It has a very extensive job system. (it really is, trust me, you don't? prepare to cut wood, fish, kill monsters, create monsters, plant trees, plant herbs/pick herbs, cereals (not the same skill tree). Each job comes with a skill tree which when ugraded allows you to pick oand plant more resources.

+ A very advanced ecosystem if all you do is cut a certain type of tree and no one else around you is planting some, prepare to be sued by the government for being anti ecologist. I also strongly advise not to cut down endangered species as that WILL lower your citizenship rating and you will eventually become an outlaw.

+ And to follow up on that point, an extremely well thought out political system. There is a government for each faction (there are four) on each server, in which there is a governor, and maybe 6-7 ministers (defence, ecology, economy, of war... ) Speaking of war, war can be freely organised between governors to liven up the game.

+ A Great strategic battle system which encourages you to be more tactical and not button spam like most
    MMO these days. there are twelve (originally there were twelve, I think that number went up to 14 though) classes, each with a different skillset and abilities.

+ A great variety of monsters also...

Well, thats all I can think of for the good points, now to the negative points

- Back in the day, each class was nerfed or augmented every day, which made for a very hazy game experience, I do not know if they still do that however I doubt that they have yet found the perfect balance between the 14 characters as there are always some who will outperform the rest.

- In game shop. Not much to say here, i'm just putting it here because that's basically a negative aspect of any game and yes there are some things you can get from the shop that make you more powerful, so it's NOT just cosmetic, but its really not indispensable.

- Still some occasionnal bugs, but nothing major.

- There is a main story, but it is completely seperated from the rest of the game for some unknown reason. I would have preferred a story implemented in the rest of the game.

-/+ The lack of actual quests can be a bit annoying at first but I guess the presence of dynamic events (like in guild wars 2) makes it a bit better.

Yeah so I guess that's it, I hope you read it all and that it was helpful. Of course don't try this if you hate turn based strategy, but if you do, even if you're not sure after reading my review, just try it, it's free ;)
  72. Aug 1, 2014
    I'm guessing you where tricked by Steam and found your way here. Lets start debunking things right away.

Quests and Dungeons: "Live exciting adventures, explore lots of unique dungeons, and complete hundreds of quests that will not ask you to kill 10 wolves and bring back their heads. You’re here to save the world, after all!" This is **** one of the first 'quests' that you do

This is **** one of the first 'quests' that you do involve getting 10 bow-meow teeth there is also generic 'collect 10 to 150 of X random monster drops'.

Build your own world: 'While others offer you houses, we give you worlds! Haven Worlds! Join a guild and acquire your own little piece of the world, to build and develop just as you wish. Don’t worry, in the Haven Worlds there are houses too, and so much more! '

Nope; all of the Haven worlds have been bought up; you have to join a per-established guild if you want to make use of these in a meaningful way. Made worse that the guild cap is so small and how little impact one person has on guild leveling.

Master the ecosystem: 'Respawn is a lie. When you kill something, you’d better replant it, or you might accidentally wipe out an entire species. Our unique ecosystem feature will give you complete control over mobs population. '

Nope; it might have done so years ago; but it just isn't the case anymore. Most of the time monsters only go 'extinct' when they bug/glitch and never respawn again (the great Dhreller drought comes to mind); or even worse when they won't stop spawning and breaking a map and making it impossible to get clan bonuses.

Political life: "NPCs are so yesterday… Write your own destiny and join the political dance of your Nation. Become Governor or one of his ministers, and make decisions that will impact thousands of players. The choice is yours: decide if you’d rather be a democratic, peaceful leader, or a tyrannical conqueror!"

There are still NPC's but they are pretty meaningless; you will only hate them when you need to find someone to teach you a profession or something No shops; so enjoy trashing thousands of excess items you can't do anything with. Politics is a joke; did I mention that only paying players can vote? It isn't just a popularity contest, it is a pay to win popularity contest. It is worth mentioning that the politics and pvp system is mostly used for griefing and meaningless one day wars.

Turn-based tactical combat: "Tired of brainlessly running through the forest pressing 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3, on every monster that jumps on you? Discover our turn-based tactical combat system, and develop a more creative strategy to defeat monsters that will keep challenging your tactical skills.

15 original classes: No standard knight, ranger, mage and cleric here. Discover our 15 classes, each with their unique set of skills and gameplay. From Foggernauts, the robot wreckers, to Xelors, masters of time, you're sure to find the character that's right for you."

These two go together; given that they are sort of the same thing. You will end up pressing 1-5; because focusing on anything but one element will gimp you to the point of uselessness. In order to level a spell up; you will be casting it over and over again; thousands of times. There is no class variety; people just play the least (or most) broken one. Usually whatever class that has recently been remade. Foggernaughts, Xelors and Masqueraders are extremely rare while Enutrofs are all over the place.

The languages are a lie. First of; it isn't fully localized from French to English. Many of the spells, abilities and items are not translated; and the developers have openly said that they won't be fixing it. Srambad Quest Line is being translated by players and not Devs! I honestly couldn't care too much about item fluff; but Sram's passives are a good example of something that needs to be done. in less you are fluent in French; you will be doing things by trial and error.

It has been in 'beta' since before 2011; actual big fixes, content and updates are infrequent at best. The 0 turn bug persisted for years, tiles spawn of the map and onto the background, your haven bag (think housing system) has a chance to reset with no chance of getting your items restored. Your hard earned Kama can vanish for no reason at all (like using an appearance/gender change potion) What they do push is frequent 'adjustments' like nerfing exp, or adding a min level requirement in order to curtail carrying and power leveling. Then they try and sell exp pots in the store.

Customer support is non-existent. I waited for more than a month to get a generic and copy pasted answer. The store DOES NOT WORK. I'm not a business major; but when checkout doesn't work; it should be fixed ASAP.

Don't even bother till they get their **** together.
  73. Aug 17, 2014
    Reading soulsquest's review, can't help but disagree so thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. From the sounds of it he's either only played in the beta years ago or just never got very far ingame.

I own a couple endgame characters on the Wapac server my highest being level 156 (160 is the current cap) so could say I've experienced a lot of the game. First off wakfu is a very community

First off wakfu is a very community oriented game, you won't progress very far on your own as most of the content was designed to be completed in groups, find a good guild and it'll be fine. (ie don't be a jerk. People will hunt you, stop trading and/or partying with you. Popcorn material.)

The only item drop quests I can think of are the otomai hunter quests and respec quest (made to be hard, shouldn't easily respec your toons). Other quests revolve around minigames/puzzles/puzzlebosses? (See enurado/srambad/wild estate/wabbit questlines)

Remington has been around for years so it'd be very hard to buy a guild havenworld on that server. Other servers should be a lot easier to find a free one (50kk havenworlds on wapac yes please). One person may have little impact but they're mostly community focus, organise events with the guild and can progress them quite fast.

Ecosystems can go extinct, happens all the time. Without a good government in place more often than not. From what I hear there was an incident a year ago where a guild went and harvested all the resources in one of the nations gg.

Governments ingame are a lot like they are in real life. Most do nothing but sit on their arses (suprise). The good ones however organise events for the community and maintain the ecosystems so we don't have to. The bad ones outlaw breathing. Take it how you want. pay to play voting is only to mitigate f2p vote rigging. Still happens, but if someone pays $100+ just to get a virtual government seat I'd say let them.

Soulsquest's claim on localisation is false the majority of the game is translated bar the occassional item or two.

Soulquest - "You will end up pressing 1-5; because focusing on anything but one element will gimp you to the point of uselessness. In order to level a spell up; you will be casting it over and over again; thousands of times. There is no class variety; people just play the least (or most) broken one."

Quite the opposite, most experienced players would recommend against going mono element. In most but not all cases mono element limits your options, especially when a monster has high resists to that element or requires you to use a different fighting approach. Dual and tri element builds give a larger number of spells to use, better resists and
    are better supported by gear.
    Classes are quite specialised in their roles and they have varying degrees of usefulness in endgame dungeons. They will only become more specialised after the second round of class revamps.

Below are a list classes and possible builds
    iops - Close combat damage dealers / stun tanks.
    Rogues - ranged damaged / close combat / bomb users.
    Cras - Ranged archer. (kite city!!!)
    Pandas - Drunken brawler / map manip tank / ranged aoe
    Sacriers - Meat tanks / map manip damage dealers / Berserker damage dealer.
    Fecas - Support tank / pure tank / glyph damager
    Osamodas - Dragon mode / Summoners / Combat summoners (fight alongside your summons, rare build)
    Masqueraider - Combo fighter / ranged damage + heals/ berserk AoE.
    Sadida - Doll user / poisoner / aoe / offensive heals.
    Foggernaut - Armor piercing / tank+aoe hybrid / aoe. wp theft
    Xelor - teleporter / squishy glass cannon.
    Enutrof - Item hunter / tactical aoe / mobility crowd control / Extreme mobile brawler+badgermole.
    Sram - (very weak atm, big buff in a month). Invisible Assassins / Trap user / dopplegangers.
    Eniripsa - Healer / Debuffer / Magic marks.
    Ecaflips - Gamblers / Cat fighter.

Customer support comes fast on wapac servers, active moderating team with weekly community events.

Overall a pretty good game.
  74. Sep 4, 2014
    Terrible game.

So many bugs, duping, hacking, character revamps, poor customer support, a broken payment method for over 6 months, and a support system that takes months to reply to tickets are features of a ill ran company. Ankama, wakfu''s company, was so awfully run that Square Enix was forced to drop wakfu despite acquiring it a few years back. Do not recommend this game to
    Terrible game.

Do not recommend this game to anyone, it's a complete waste of time as it is just plagued with numerous problems that are not being addressed.
  75. Sep 9, 2014
    Having fun is the only thing you must follow, but besides combat the world is always getting bigger simultaneously, this game is the best open world game right now for me on Linux. I think it lacks in combat and action scenes for hunting and gathering.
  76. Sep 21, 2014
    I couldn't even make it past the tutorial because it bugged out on me. (Gather seeds. Nothing happens when you gather enough.) I have no patience for a game that's been out for years and still fails on what's supposed to be the very first impression for a new player.

/uninstall
  77. Apr 3, 2012

1. Apr 16, 2012
    A beautiful alternative to the standard MMO, but unlikely to draw you away from more structured questing for long. [May 2012, p.88]
  2. Apr 16, 2012
    Wakfu isn't for everyone, but it is right up your alley if you love a grid-based strategy RPG with the MMO elements we're all familiar with. It has enough charm to keep you in awe for days, and enough depth to keep you playing for weeks.
  3. Mar 23, 2012
    If you're expecting epic quests, great loot, a compelling storyline and larger than life battles, then maybe Wakfu isn't the game for you. But if you're interested in exploring a drop-dead gorgeous world without getting aggro from every single mob you come across and being able to chat freely without restrictions to all the other players in the game, then you'll probably love this game.