6.4

1. Nov 3, 2010
    I bought the first German release.. there was no support... and still is none.. game crashes all the time... loading times are an horror.. if they had streamlined it a bit better.. then it could have been a fun game... for now the game .. even the english version who got an update more is still a no go.. would not recommend it even if it was laying in a bargain bin.. too bad.. because ifI bought the first German release.. there was no support... and still is none.. game crashes all the time... loading times are an horror.. if they had streamlined it a bit better.. then it could have been a fun game... for now the game .. even the english version who got an update more is still a no go.. would not recommend it even if it was laying in a bargain bin.. too bad.. because if they could have eliminated the crashes left all the other bugs in then it could have become something.. Expand
  2. Mar 3, 2015
    This technical nightmare that I only successfully got operating on windows vista without some sort of crash or error on launch was a miracle that made me dread that this game was so unstable during its release. I was left wondering if the game was ever going to load up the main campaign, as I played Japan, Russia, America and Germany with the most horrid incomplete UI I had ever seen inThis technical nightmare that I only successfully got operating on windows vista without some sort of crash or error on launch was a miracle that made me dread that this game was so unstable during its release. I was left wondering if the game was ever going to load up the main campaign, as I played Japan, Russia, America and Germany with the most horrid incomplete UI I had ever seen in what was suppose to be a total war version of WWII. Sure I figured out what all the buttons did eventually and conquered all of Africa with Panzer IV tanks, I eventually got fed up with the frequent crashes that made the super long annoying loading screens that took five minutes for every time you wanted to due it out in Real Time Total War Style combat. I swear that a memory leak bug kept making the game slower and slower eventually made the game unplayable in a save state. After all the fun I had with all the cool units made me want to give this game a seven just for the sight of it. I would call **** for any critic who praises gives this a positive and a negative review, because the fact is very few people got this game in fully functional and that the reviewers who complained about graphics should have told us how fuzzy the UI is and how smooth the actual combat went.

Managing fuel levels and ammunition made for a interesting twist in the game kept me wanting more of this game regardless of the 20 crashes I encountered in a single campaign. I would also grab something to do while the loading screens came up and eventually got so deep into the campaign I probably got more game time than any human being that I know of. You can order your units to crouch and go on one knee, however the lack of control groups really made managing a larger force more complicated than necessary. The AI was barely competent, as airstrikes and the air force in game are totally the most overpowered units in the game that allowed me to win with only one squad of elite infantry.

The in game economics can get hard to manage, unless you purposely hollow out the core of the empire like you would in a proper game of risk and expand fast and wide as quickly as possible. There are so many resources in the game that I had my head spinning around what exactly I needed them for, till I didn't have Tungsten for a specific unit I wanted badly. The Historical Accuracy settings just makes a campaign that follows history, which means the game falls in favor with the victors of the real life in WWII. The tech tree on top of all this made me realize how much work it took to make this somewhat broken and ultra buggy thing that barely qualifies as function.

Any of you interested in this game MUST HAVE THESE FOLLOWING THINGS
    -Windows Vista (Won't function on others despite hours of trying it on Windows 7 and windows XP)
    -Medium/high range graphics card that you won't care if it bugs out or break (Due to memory leak)
    -Something on the side like a second computer when you are waiting out the loading screens
    -20 Gigs of sacrificial memory that you may never recover due to memory leak issues.
    -Patience (A single campaign resulted in 20+ crashes)

This game is a 0/10 if you don't have a vista or you don't want your PC to be slightly damaged.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. For me as a Total War-fan, the first impression of War Leaders was very promising. Sadly this feeling didn’t last very long. Even after installing all available patches, the game is so unstable, that you will find yourself on the desktop very often.
  2. Those who wait for the WWII version of Total War, are out of luck again.
  3. Lengthy load times, dated visuals, and obtuse interface and an unnecessarily decentralized recruitment system. [Dec 2009, p.73]