War of the Vikings PC

6.1

1. Dec 6, 2013
    After playing a demo for the game "War of the Roses", I thought I would never go near any of their other games. But when I heard about the "Viking" theme, temptation set in and I bought it. After spending a good amount of time with the alpha and some of the beta, I can tell you that this game is absolutely abysmal. This game relies on good mechanics and gameplay to make it what it is andAfter playing a demo for the game "War of the Roses", I thought I would never go near any of their other games. But when I heard about the "Viking" theme, temptation set in and I bought it. After spending a good amount of time with the alpha and some of the beta, I can tell you that this game is absolutely abysmal. This game relies on good mechanics and gameplay to make it what it is and yet almost every aspect is broken, makes no sense or just generally doesn't work or is very bad. It's hard to put into words how bad this game is and why because there are just so many reasons. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. BUY CHIVALRY IT'S NOT PERFECT BUT IT'S A FAR CRY FROM THIS CRAP. Expand
  2. Apr 22, 2014
    This is, after all, a dumbed-down version of War of the Roses. Not a single important problem from the predecessor or the alpha has been solved. Netcode still sucks ass, the game is laggy and freezes randomly from time to time. Do yourself a favour and watch Total Biscuits video on this game.
  3. Apr 17, 2014
    this game is sadly only a bad downgrade from war of the roses with much less depth, customization and content. the only "good" things are the slightly better graphics and maybe for some people the slightly faster combat. besides that the game is sadly inferior to its predecessor war of the roses and to its competition chivalry.
  4. Dec 10, 2013
    Giving this game a 0 because it does not deserve a user score greater then 4 at best! The combat system is fun and interactive but that wont save the game in the long run!

AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS. $20 is a complete rip off for this game. It is the exact same cloned game of their previous but with vikings in the title and slightly different combat animations. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED

AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS.

LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER GAME (war of the roses)
    It was all fine and dandy at the start (if you neglect all the many glitches bugs and issues with servers) but soon after, there were ridiculously pricey weapon packs and the game turned into "spend money to be the best". War of the roses died when this company neglected it and started with their new project (war of the vikings). You can download a free copy of war of the roses and see for yourself!

This game will follow the same fate as war of the roses. The company who developed this game is "fatshark".......rofl how ironic?!

Save your money and look elsewhere!
  5. Oct 16, 2013
    Have a reason for choosing this game because Viking and the name seize out it.
    There is a good game in the others to this type.
    There will be no need to choose this.
  6. Apr 27, 2014
    This is war of the roses .. unfortunately with the same bad netcode , without horses , one attack direction removed ( dumbed down ) .. and parry delay
  7. May 6, 2014
    It's a lot of fun if you're into the Mount and Blade-style combat system, and it is indeed a nugget of enjoyment if this period of history interests you. However, the game is still buggy; it's a clone of War of the Roses; and most importantly, good luck finding a server that's not located somewhere in the arctic circle with an elderly bearded man in a row-boat carrying information packetsIt's a lot of fun if you're into the Mount and Blade-style combat system, and it is indeed a nugget of enjoyment if this period of history interests you. However, the game is still buggy; it's a clone of War of the Roses; and most importantly, good luck finding a server that's not located somewhere in the arctic circle with an elderly bearded man in a row-boat carrying information packets inscribed in whale blubber between you and multiplayer. Because apparently that's what everyone's latency would indicate. Expand
  8. Jan 31, 2015
    War of the Vikings is a major step back when compared to its predecessor. This game is buggy with very little customization and latency problems. It is no surprise to me that this game is dead. War of the Vikings is just a waste.

1. Jul 14, 2014
    War of the Vikings provides gamers with entertaining and hectic online multiplayer combat that ultimately suffers from a slow unlock system and lack of unique gameplay features.
  2. Jul 9, 2014
    Even after release, War of the Vikings is still at the Early Access level in terms of balance, variety and net-code.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 12, 2014
    War of the Vikings is faster than War of the Roses, but otherwise makes all the same mistakes. Almost fun, but if I want to stare a bunch of gauges, I play flight simulators. Copy melee from Dark Souls, please. [June 2014]