8.9

1. May 29, 2012
    This is by far my number one favorite game of all-time, it's more than 10 years old and i still play it every once in a while! Where do i begin? Well lets start with the campaign, probably one of the best stories i have ever seen in a video game. And the cinematics? They're more than ten years old and yet they still impress me every time. Most missions are awesome and those who aren't are still quite nice. The multiplayer is really great. Building up your army, researching new tech and leveling up your hero all while having to keep up your economy. No games a the same in Warcraft 3. And if you should ever get bored with the normal maps, you can just log on to Battlenet or Epicwar to check out the newest custom maps. One of the only games that i have been completely sure deserves a 10/10. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2011
    As far as RTS games go, this one's top notch. It's different enough from Starcraft for me to want to play it, and the campaign is top notch. Of course the graphics have aged a bit, but it is years old at this point.
  3. Sep 13, 2011
    Might be the only 10 I ever give. I said in another review that I couldn't give a perfect score unless something was perfect, well Warcraft 3 is. If there's a bug in the game, I can't find it. It continues to have support 9 years after it's release and has spawned a community and gaming franchises that will last probably forever. From this came DotA, LOL, WoW (the MMO), soon to be DOTA2 and who knows what else. Earlier this year Blizzard patched the game to accommodate DotA players and added widescreen support and resolutions. Online play is still free and yes there are still people playing. The single player campaign itself is one of, if not THE most influential RTS games in history. It added customizable heroes along with a plethora of key commands and unit controls that are still used today in countless games. Blizzard even copied this UI for Starcraft 2. 9 years later, this is still one of the most fun games I have ever played and includes an entertaining story and loads of play time (I don't know for sure how many hours, but 30+ would be conservative). If you like lore, here it lives and it's full to overflowing. The developers went above and beyond with this game adding in comical interludes like exploding sheep when you click on them....a lot, to catch phrases and humorous comments from the units when they are clicked repeatedly. My favorite is the sorceress saying "Kick down sparky", I've been repeating it for years. The gameplay is complicated enough to be engaging and challenging but simple enough for anyone to pick up and be successful. It truly is a game with something for everyone and with what has grown from it and it's staying power it's hard to call it anything but perfect. Expand
  4. May 18, 2011
    One of the best multiplayer real-time strategies; almost perfectly balanced, including four different, but competitive races. Although the plot of the solo campaign is a little bit childish, we have to remember, that in fact it's just a guide, that's very helpful for beginners, that want to make their first steps on battle.net.
  5. Jun 2, 2011
    When I first saw the game in 2002, i was fell in love with it, and became a die hard fan of warcraft universe. I play it today, and i dont even feel im playing a 9 year old game, the graphics are still very good. If you havent played it yet, do it now when the online community is still alive, but honestly i dont see it go anywhere anytime soon. Also the map editor is best one i ever saw in any game, EVER. You can technically make your own game in it, and thats what people do. Only flaw of it i can come up with is that custom games are hosted peer to peer, if you dont have an external IP, you cant host. But that doesnt stand in the way of making it best RTS of all time. Expand
  6. Jun 16, 2011
    Amazing story and singleplayer, if you have WoW and havn't played this, I HIGHLY recommend you pick this and Frozen Throne up. This game lasted me several years because of the amazing amount of custom maps online.
  7. Jul 30, 2012
    The SinglePlayer mode was great, and the story is very good aswell, it wants you play the game till the end! Cinematics are great aswell and the Multiplayer mode was just fantastic. And if you got bored of it, there were Tons of Mods that you could play that were entirely different then the actual game ( DOTA, Tower Defense, etc etc etc )
  8. Nov 8, 2013
    Hands down the best RTS game that has been made. Overall a very slickly produced game but the standout part of WCIII is it's online play on Battle.net. The custom games available online are incredibly fun and have gone on to spawn whole genres of new games like DOTA 2 and LoL. Just a very accessible and fun RTS which hasn't yet been surpassed.
  9. Nov 12, 2013
    One of the best games ever made. Amazing graphics (for it's time), music and sound 10/10, epic game play that only got deeper and deeper the more you played the game. Introducing RPG elements into an RTS game was brilliant. The characters and campaign mode were flawless and playing against people online was challenging and rewarding.
  10. Nov 7, 2011
    Although generally I had no interests in RTS games, have to say warcraft III is kinda a game that even can get a role playing game fanatic like me into it. Cast absolutely all doubt aside that Blizzard might have lost its touch in games like diablo 3 and the new world of warcraft expansions, Warcraft III is an absolute good game. This game is far from being an RPG, but The light amount of RPG elements infused in the game are so appropriate since you will be spending a great deal of each campaign story with a given character and you would like them to grow somewhat between missions while you are still forced to rebuild the rest of your base and those character focus story-telling through the campaign helped so much to build something really great to the end. Yet WAR III is essentially an online game, but I really do not find the online match that frustrated like starcraft, because other than building a base and army, the hero can be a very key role in the game match. Also in the game mod called DOTA, you can only play as just a hero to against each other which is really a very good online competitive experience. Expand
  11. Aug 17, 2013
    By far the best RTS I have ever played. The campaign and the custom games are just awsome. I strongly recommend this game to everyone who's into this genre.
  12. Dec 24, 2011
    Warcraft 3 has stood the test of time. The single player campaign has an excellent storyline and characters. This game actually rewards strategic thought. The missions are in-depth, and exhibit enough variety to maintain interest. Some missions are a combination of base building, exploration and conquest. For certain other missions, it is a race against the clock to defend a base against overwhelming odds. Beautiful graphics compliment the exciting game play. It is quite simply the best computer game I have ever played. One factor that makes Warcraft 3 unique is the way it combines strategy and action. It is this combination of careful planning and frantic battle scenes that make the game play so compelling. I have lost countless hours experimenting with different tactics, and exploring the landscape. If you are inclined towards strategy, then Warcraft 3 is essential. Expand
  13. Mar 14, 2012
    One of the greatest strategy games of all time,the feel of the game,the mechanics and the story behind it,i could go on for hours for me perfect but sadly as this game is aging,the fan groups is starting to get smaller and i´m afraid the community will die out but the legend shall remain forever.So now on with the review.I find the mechanics to be similar to pretty much any other army commanding strategy game out there(you make units,build a base and attack the enemy) and luckily this game offers a huge variety of monsters,buildings and strategys so if you haven´t tried it out definalty go give it a shot if you are a strategy fan like me you will love this Expand
  14. Apr 5, 2012
    A true classic in the RTS genre. Lots of funny secret easter eggs, the gameplay is fun with lots of little quirks. The game is a lot of fun all around a great game.
  15. Aug 1, 2013
    One of the single greatest RTS games ever made. One of the single greatest PC games ever made.

Colorful, vibrant art. Immersive gameplay. 4 different races to choose from (And you can play as the Naga in the campaign of the Frozen Throne). Addictive multiplayer. Incredible map making tools that helped spawn DotA, giving birth to an entirely new genre.

Heroes add a small RPG element
    that makes the game so damn fun. I miss them dearly in Starcraft 2, which is why I have reinstalled this game. It's pure nostalgia, and playing through the campaigns STILL feels fresh, 10 years later. A testament to what a quality PC game should be like. A pillar of the RTS genre. Expand
  16. Aug 6, 2012
    The best video game I've ever played.
    The storyline and lore are excellent, voice acting is memorable, characters have plenty of personality, graphics are cabable of creating atmospheric landscapes and the music is ear candy. Gameplay is very smooth and there's shortcut for every command. But the storyline really makes this game pure gold. Cutscenes are really well made, and the ending is
    breathtaking. This is one of the rare games that actually have a satisfying ending.

And after beating the campaign, there's still a lot of stuff to do. The multiplayer rocks, and there are tons of great mods.

To sum up, Warcraft 3 is not only the finest RTS ever made, but also the finest PC game ever made.
  17. Dec 23, 2012
    This is a BOMB! How the heck can people vote it 8 - 9 ??? This kinda the mother who gave birth to the very original RPG elements. You can still pick it up today and call it a master peace. This game is the mother of the qurrent RPB games we have today.
  18. Feb 2, 2013
    While some RTS fans may not like the hero aspect of the part compared to other titles this still stands as one of the most well made RTS game i have ever seen. But honestly more then anything this game deserves 10/10 purely based on probably the most extraordinary map Editor which gave birth to so many custom maps that one could spent literally years as i have just playing those.
  19. May 15, 2013
    Golden age of gaming. It was the time, when Blizzard became even more popular as they expressed their talents to the world. This RTS is a masterpiece. Who doesn't have nostalgia, when you hear old music from WarCraft III, a feeling that you're on an epic battle between orcs and humans. If you don't have one, you've missed a lot and should play this game right now!
  20. Dec 13, 2012
    One of the best games of all time. Revolutionary RTS with hero and level-up system. Campaign with cinematics is just amazing. The gameplay is fast and tense no matter are you playing campaign, custom game or LAN/Battle.net. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos is an unforgettable game.
  21. Apr 13, 2013
    Este juego es el mejor juego de estrategia que jugué (y eso que odio los juegos de estrategia), no solo tiene una excelente historia, un muy buen y pegajoso voice acting, unos buenos gráficos para la época, y una jugabilidad muy simple, si no que tiene una gran cantidad de estrategias que podes pensar. Este juego lo posee todo, dificultad, buena y atrapante historia, tiene todo, todo lo que un buen juego de estrategia debería tener, verdaderamente lo recomiendo. Expand
  22. Mar 18, 2014
    My god, the Gha is receiving SO MANY APPLICANTS THIS MONTH! I really should be more careful when telling people about our cause, we're just getting OVERWHELMED!
  23. Jun 5, 2013
    Ah, Warcraft III, one of the first games I played. This game has some quite interesting characters. The gameplay mechanics. The multiplayer is fun and varied as well. Soundtrack is pleasing and sound effects are good. The graphics for the time were nicely done. Overall, a nice, fun game.
  24. Dec 30, 2013
    Great rts game the campaign missions are very well made and the game is fun to play with your friends also because it allows both normal (melle) maps and user created maps (scenario maps)
  25. Jan 2, 2014
    Best game I have ever played and still play it frequently over a decade later. If only Blizzard would continue their RTS masterpieces. I recommend it to my friends but none will play since it is too aged.
  26. Jan 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very interesting game, with well-developed plot, I remember how much time he sat for his time playing the 10. long awaited, and still waiting.Blizzard created a great game .Ne vain as the game progressed she put on mmo not dostezhimy record
  27. Apr 17, 2014
    One of the best games ever.
    Music, cinematics, innovation gameplay with heroes, graphics, design, long singleplayer company, perfect multiplayer.Totally 10/10

1. Graphically, Warcraft III is breathtaking.
  2. Completely reinvented in glorious 3-D, WCIII spruces up the age-old premise—organize armies and send them into battle against opposing forces—with much-improved graphics and a new pyrotechnic spell-casting system.
  3. May very well be the most beloved PC game of the year.