9.1

1. Apr 19, 2017
    The best game ever, with immersive single player and an epic multiplayer.
    This game marked my childhood. Thanks Blizzard for this masterpiece.
    simply AWESOME!!!
  2. Apr 8, 2017
    it's a really good RTS game. a bit too challenging at times but still fun to play. also i'd like to say that the expansion "the frozen throne" is a must buy for any fan of Warcraft III
  3. Jan 2, 2017
    Csak ennyit kell mondani: Warcraft. Meg Blizzard. És kész a Chocapic. A Blizzard egy olyan univerzumot alkotott a Warcrafttal, ami meghatározta a gyerekkoromat és most is nosztalgikus pillanatokat okoz nekem.
  4. Nov 18, 2016
    Одна из лучших стратегий, одна из лучших игр вообще.
    Интереснейший сюжет, геймплей просто бомба, а атмосфера 10/10.
    Подобных игр больше не будет. Обязательно играйте, если ещё не делали этого.
  5. Oct 4, 2016
    Incredible game, incredible story. Humorous while at the same time tragic and heartbreaking. Warcraft at its RPG best. Do not miss this one. Even fifteen years later it shines on.
  6. Sep 30, 2016
    Classic and one of the best RTS games. The story is great written, I am sure I am not the only one, that wanted to see the next cinematic. There are 4 races with 4 campaings and own heroes. Great.
    The graphics was and is crap, especially that your view is too much zoomed in. There is a hack that can change that. I played many online games, because battle.net is the best online game portal.
  7. Aug 7, 2016
    Warcraft 3 is one of the best RTS games ever made. This is the game that really expanded the warcraft universe and presented the rich lore that would lay the foundations for the popular MMO World of Warcraft. Warcraft came out a time when they still made physical manuals for the games. The manual itself is more than just a manual. Its a tome of knowledge that gives you detailed lore.Warcraft 3 is one of the best RTS games ever made. This is the game that really expanded the warcraft universe and presented the rich lore that would lay the foundations for the popular MMO World of Warcraft. Warcraft came out a time when they still made physical manuals for the games. The manual itself is more than just a manual. Its a tome of knowledge that gives you detailed lore.

Rein of Chaos also marked when the series truly came into its own. It introduced 2 new playable factions in the form of the Nightelves and Undead. The graphics were updated to full 3D polygonal models and featured cutscenes and voiced dialogue between missions which progressed the story.

For those unfamiliar you assume control of one of the four aforementioned races and in typical RTS fashion build bases and units and research upgrades. To do so you harvest gold and lumber as your primary resources. As your army grows you enter upkeep where you need more and more resources. This calls for expansion and building second bases. Its a delicate balance you have to walk. Expand too soon and you likely won't have enough units to fend off enemy attacks. Wait to expand too long and your enemy may prove to be too difficult to deal with as you spend more gold to replenish your lost troops. Your gold and lumber aren't infinite. Each race has certain advantages when it comes to the economic aspect of the game. Humans can assign more than one builder to a structure to shorten build times at the cost of more resources. Nightelves can summon or grow structures by using wisps. These wisps also can harvest lumber without needing to return it to the base by hand Undead can haunt gold mines.

Its these nuanced differences that make each faction interesting to play. There are also creeps around the map that you can kill to level your heroes which can use items like scrolls and more to enhance their abilities they earn as they level up.

Beyond the single player the game also offers multiplayer as well as the utilities to make your own maps and scenarios. Its this feature that gave rise to the MOBA's we have today like LoL, Dota II and even Heroes of the Storm. If you saw the Warcraft movie or want to learn more about the lore, this is a great starting point.
  8. Aug 4, 2016
    Probably the best RTS I have ever played. I like how Blizzard tells the story, how makes the gameplay, how creates the soundtrack. Overall, the game features great 4 campaigns, cool multiplayer, and you can play with bots as well. This is definitely masterpiece.
  9. Jul 1, 2016

Reing of Chaos also marked when the series truly came into its own. It introduced 2 new playable factions in the form of the Nightelves and Undead. The graphics were updated to full 3D polygonal models and featured cutscenes and voiced dialogue between missions which progressed the story.

10. May 28, 2016
    This is my favourite pc game. There is a fantastic story in the campain, also multiplayer and world creator are very good. i grew up on wc2 and wc3. I recommend for everyone who likes strategy games.
  11. Mar 9, 2016
    Bought this game on the day it came out and i still play it occasionally today (2016). This should already say it all. Back then it set a new standard in RTS and build up the story for World of Warcraft. This game is an all time classic and probably among the best of its genre.
    The vast variety of fun maps created by the fans (the original DOTA, as the most famous one) kept this game alive for far beyond its designated life span. One of my all time favourites...
  12. Mar 7, 2016
    It's probably the best RPG in the history of video games with only Starcraft:broodwar being relatively close.

The art was completely beautiful for the year it came out and it's still visually cool nowadays. The campaign is simply godlike. Very interesting lore, characters, story, music, everything. The multiplayer is crazy good. The introduction of the enhanced battle.net was amazing, the icons, the match-making, simply perfect, it's even better than the current battle.net 2.0 blizzard is using except ping-wise.

In general it's just the best RTS you can play.
  13. Dec 16, 2015
    At the height of popularity of the RTS genre, Warcraft III delivered something so polished and complete that it could be the only videogame in your library at that time and you would still be considered a gamer. This game has something to hook almost every type of person. It was smaller issues, mostly relevant to competitive play, that kept Warcraft III away from it's perfection. ItAt the height of popularity of the RTS genre, Warcraft III delivered something so polished and complete that it could be the only videogame in your library at that time and you would still be considered a gamer. This game has something to hook almost every type of person. It was smaller issues, mostly relevant to competitive play, that kept Warcraft III away from it's perfection. It delivers in every other angle. There's story, there's design, there's music, there's even one of the most complete and powerful modding engines. Blizzard never planned this game to have a ending, and some are still playing it. Expand
  14. Nov 13, 2015
    The aim of this review is to help you reader decide whether you should still get this game in 2015 or later or not. I refer to the price of 20 euros.

This game is a dead legend. I definitely enjoyed this game past days, but today it has some significant flaws and problems that might make this game not worth buying anymore in 2015. So as you can see I rate this game from a modern point of view.

Its story is quite okay and the campaign is something worth playing I would say, but the multiplayer of this game became non-existent because of several reasons - especially caused by the company and the community: Hosting-bots made custom created games unfindable, means that you will have big troubles finding people playing with you certain maps. You might only find empty rooms that suppress the rooms with people waiting for other users to join.

The maps offered to play never really changed since a long time, the rotation just stagnated. Same goes for the patch and the strategies you will encounter, it is like playing the same strategies over and over again. Not just this but you will encounter a high ping, making this game over the "Battle.net" not a very fun experience.

It was a good game, but it has fallen apart.
  15. tgt
    Nov 5, 2015
    it has hundreds of hours of gameplay, difficult yet balanced muliplayer and an overall great story to it, setting up for Wrath in WoW the most beloved expansion (in my personal opinion) to date
  16. Sep 1, 2015
    Warcraft 3 is a great game. It has balanced races and meh whatever...just buy the game.eiguheiugbveiugbbbiegbkefjbgiuekgbdfskjgheriufhdkjviuerbieubkejgbiuegbr
  17. Aug 6, 2015
    Possibly the best game ever made. It's map editor spawned a whole genre of games, from tower defense to MOBA's. The single player campaign, like the characters was immense. The whole game oozes creativity and intelligence. If you haven't went on a murderous rampage with Blade Master against villagers/whisps/Peons/Acolytes early in a game then you haven't lived. Epic.
  18. Mar 24, 2015
    Awesome strategy game. One of the first (maybe the first) with 4 totally different playable factions. Also the first one to introduce hero character with rpg elements. (choosing skills, and equipment)

And don't even get me started on story. The game was pure epicness.
  19. Feb 2, 2015
    I was really surprised when I played this game for the first time, only a few years ago. I had heard it had some stellar reviews, but I never quite believed them. Then I played myself - and couldn't stop anymore! Usually, I don't like story-driven strategy, but this was done here so well, that I just played on forever.
    - guide different heroes through epic plot, see them grow and fall
    - guide different heroes through epic plot, see them grow and fall
    - incredible love to the characters and story
    - strong Blizzard-ian gameplay: simple, but exactly deep enough to never get boring
    - very challenging, and full of surprises
    - mods! multiplayer!
    Only annoyance for me is the degree of difficulty in the campaign, sometimes.
  20. Jan 21, 2015
    Excellent story,award winning graphic and beautifully design made this a perfect video game for real strategy lovers.One of my favorite PC games of all time.
  21. Dec 3, 2014
    One of the best classic games. Fantastic for its time. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 6/10 - good
    2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great interface and satisfying micro/macro control
    3. Multiplayer: 8/10 - competitive and fun
    4. Story: 7/10 - well-developed and interesting story, bravo

Overall, decent game.
  22. Nov 20, 2014
    Ever since I have bought this game, I have never put it down. Until today this game still takes up a majority of my playtime, along with Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne and Hearthstone.
  23. Aug 18, 2014
    RoC is your typical Blizzard RTS, as in it's dumbed down and has little to no strategy whatsoever. The most strategy you can get out of this game is to learn your enemy's units, learn their weaknesses, and build the units that can work against those. Same as Starcraft, same as all Blizzard cr*p, there is nothing "strategic" in this; We are lightyears away from a decent strategy principleRoC is your typical Blizzard RTS, as in it's dumbed down and has little to no strategy whatsoever. The most strategy you can get out of this game is to learn your enemy's units, learn their weaknesses, and build the units that can work against those. Same as Starcraft, same as all Blizzard cr*p, there is nothing "strategic" in this; We are lightyears away from a decent strategy principle where it's about the wits, brains and ability to surprise, trap or force your enemy. Games like Command and Conquer series or the Total War games are what I'd consider strategy, my victory and defeat are decided upon my decisions and tactics, not my ability to fast-click my units' different spells and powers faster than the AI or foe can.

But beyond the classic complaint about Blizzard making big public "RTSes" with an obsession with speed that dumbs down all their games, RoC didn't age too well.

Graphically it's fine, the cartoon appearance of all still holds up well today even if it's old now.

The real reasons of aging show up in the storyline and the controls.
    For controls it's fairly simple, I feel like I'm always trying to click that one unit I need to click on in a melee of 25 units. It's extremely unpleasant to want to simply throw a spell and lose time because there is no simple way to throw it at the touch of a key. Later Blizz games did better.
    The limitation to 12 units in a group is so ridiculous I can't believe people don't give Blizzard a hard time over it. Even for when the game came out, that was ridiculous. You have to constantly save your groups in slots 1-9, call them, tab through them to get the unit you want or need, and then do it again and again and again at every battle. This game considers that micromanaging is gameplay, it's not. It's lack of good gameplay that demands the player to micromanage, and this game has such a lack. I could say the exact same thing for SC2, but at the very least SC2 didn't give me nearly as hard a time to use my units because I wasn't limited to 12 of them. Same gameplay, but younger game, and it shows. A lot.

With the controls aside, the storyline has very poorly aged I think. Writing and general cutscene directing is earnest and truly tries to give a grand epic but falls as hard as the Red Alert 1 cutscenes fell-probably harder even. The number of reasons why is too big to count, but I'll just give two, one is that the writing feels like it has about 10 holes per cutscenes, characters either aren't well established, either are going from subject to subject at a crazy pace, either are just throwing one pompous cliche line that ends up falling flat as soon as it's spoken. Secondarily, the general cutscene direction seldom ever makes good use of the environment, you almost always just have your common units looking at each other and no interaction with the environment and extremely little animation. Nothing wrong for 2002 of course, but today, the age shows painfully.

Lastly the storyline could be considered a grand epic if it was better written(Starcraft2 WoL did a gorgeous writing job and cutscene directing), but I don't think any of the characters could ever be used again, save maybe Thrall and Malfurion Stormrage.
    This may be ranting, but Arthas is a massive tool that is neither likable nor entertaining at all. As a human, he's stupid, arrogant, makes no intelligent decisions ever, falls into obvious traps, and is at best a selfish a*s, at worst a complete tool that literally offers himself to his enemies on a plate repeatedly. As an undead, he's exactly what a villain shouldn't be, he's not admirable, he just obeys his command like a good tool, he's not grand, he comes off like a petty brawler, he's not entertaining, he has neither wits nor style, he doesn't even have the courtesy of being a character because "his soul was stolen". Well, Frostmourne didn't steal just his soul, it took the whole value of Arthas as a villain with it.
    Thrall is better, but he's also surrounded by tools such as Grom Hellscream. As for the night elves, Tyrande is a selfish one who's as pompous as she is brainless, Malfurion is alright, nothing fancy though, and the rest of the side characters like King Terenas, Antonidas or Uther are just skippable. Medivh is better than the rest but since he's also a tool with cliche lines, I really can't call him a good character.

So the game didn't age well, the control especially didn't age well, and in general even when it came out the game was still a Blizzard "RTS", tons of clicking, little thinking. Still a 6 because despite the age and repulsive gameplay, I found and find this game to be quite entertaining in its own way, even though I can't play it as "strategy".
  24. Apr 17, 2014
    One of the best games ever.
    Music, cinematics, innovation gameplay with heroes, graphics, design, long singleplayer company, perfect multiplayer.Totally 10/10
  25. Mar 18, 2014
    My god, the Gha is receiving SO MANY APPLICANTS THIS MONTH! I really should be more careful when telling people about our cause, we're just getting OVERWHELMED!
  26. Feb 28, 2014
    Best story line with the expansion in a RTS game and in all Warcraft games.
    Very nice missions. 4 different races. One of the best RTS games with Starcraft, Red Alert II, Command & Conquer generals and Dungeon Keeper II
    less : graphics, build in pvp
    Game play : 7/10, graphics : 4/10, back ground : 8/10, lifetime : 6/10, sound : 7/10
  27. Jan 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very interesting game, with well-developed plot, I remember how much time he sat for his time playing the 10. long awaited, and still waiting.Blizzard created a great game .Ne vain as the game progressed she put on mmo not dostezhimy record
  28. Jan 2, 2014
    Best game I have ever played and still play it frequently over a decade later. If only Blizzard would continue their RTS masterpieces. I recommend it to my friends but none will play since it is too aged.
  29. Dec 30, 2013
    Great rts game the campaign missions are very well made and the game is fun to play with your friends also because it allows both normal (melle) maps and user created maps (scenario maps)
  30. Nov 12, 2013
    One of the best games ever made. Amazing graphics (for it's time), music and sound 10/10, epic game play that only got deeper and deeper the more you played the game. Introducing RPG elements into an RTS game was brilliant. The characters and campaign mode were flawless and playing against people online was challenging and rewarding.
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    Hands down the best RTS game that has been made. Overall a very slickly produced game but the standout part of WCIII is it's online play on Battle.net. The custom games available online are incredibly fun and have gone on to spawn whole genres of new games like DOTA 2 and LoL. Just a very accessible and fun RTS which hasn't yet been surpassed.
  32. Aug 17, 2013
    By far the best RTS I have ever played. The campaign and the custom games are just awsome. I strongly recommend this game to everyone who's into this genre.
  33. ERB
    Aug 3, 2013
    This game is an highly excellent game.Story is good and even game play is good.So I finished the game in 30 hours and I know that It took me a long time to finish the game but It is worth the time playing.Game is highly good and maybe this game is one of the best the past decade.I'm telling you go play this game now and try to finish the game.
  34. Aug 1, 2013
    One of the single greatest RTS games ever made. One of the single greatest PC games ever made.

Colorful, vibrant art. Immersive gameplay. 4 different races to choose from (And you can play as the Naga in the campaign of the Frozen Throne). Addictive multiplayer. Incredible map making tools that helped spawn DotA, giving birth to an entirely new genre. Heroes add a small RPG element

Heroes add a small RPG element that makes the game so damn fun. I miss them dearly in Starcraft 2, which is why I have reinstalled this game. It's pure nostalgia, and playing through the campaigns STILL feels fresh, 10 years later. A testament to what a quality PC game should be like. A pillar of the RTS genre.
  35. Jun 5, 2013
    Ah, Warcraft III, one of the first games I played. This game has some quite interesting characters. The gameplay mechanics. The multiplayer is fun and varied as well. Soundtrack is pleasing and sound effects are good. The graphics for the time were nicely done. Overall, a nice, fun game.
  36. May 15, 2013
    Golden age of gaming. It was the time, when Blizzard became even more popular as they expressed their talents to the world. This RTS is a masterpiece. Who doesn't have nostalgia, when you hear old music from WarCraft III, a feeling that you're on an epic battle between orcs and humans. If you don't have one, you've missed a lot and should play this game right now!
  37. Apr 13, 2013
    Este juego es el mejor juego de estrategia que jugué (y eso que odio los juegos de estrategia), no solo tiene una excelente historia, un muy buen y pegajoso voice acting, unos buenos gráficos para la época, y una jugabilidad muy simple, si no que tiene una gran cantidad de estrategias que podes pensar. Este juego lo posee todo, dificultad, buena y atrapante historia, tiene todo, todo loEste juego es el mejor juego de estrategia que jugué (y eso que odio los juegos de estrategia), no solo tiene una excelente historia, un muy buen y pegajoso voice acting, unos buenos gráficos para la época, y una jugabilidad muy simple, si no que tiene una gran cantidad de estrategias que podes pensar. Este juego lo posee todo, dificultad, buena y atrapante historia, tiene todo, todo lo que un buen juego de estrategia debería tener, verdaderamente lo recomiendo. Expand
  38. Feb 2, 2013
    While some RTS fans may not like the hero aspect of the part compared to other titles this still stands as one of the most well made RTS game i have ever seen. But honestly more then anything this game deserves 10/10 purely based on probably the most extraordinary map Editor which gave birth to so many custom maps that one could spent literally years as i have just playing those.
  39. Dec 23, 2012
    This is a BOMB! How the heck can people vote it 8 - 9 ??? This kinda the mother who gave birth to the very original RPG elements. You can still pick it up today and call it a master peace. This game is the mother of the qurrent RPB games we have today.
  40. Dec 13, 2012
    One of the best games of all time. Revolutionary RTS with hero and level-up system. Campaign with cinematics is just amazing. The gameplay is fast and tense no matter are you playing campaign, custom game or LAN/Battle.net. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos is an unforgettable game.
  41. Sep 5, 2012
    I'd have to say that out of all the Blizzard titles I've owned, Warcraft was the least intriguing. I did however buy WC3 being a fanatic of Starcraft, and had mixed feelings. Looking beyond the flaws WC3 is a very well made strategy game. The races are extremely balanced and you have a lot of build options. The single-player is not what sold me so I didn't end up finishing, but my friendsI'd have to say that out of all the Blizzard titles I've owned, Warcraft was the least intriguing. I did however buy WC3 being a fanatic of Starcraft, and had mixed feelings. Looking beyond the flaws WC3 is a very well made strategy game. The races are extremely balanced and you have a lot of build options. The single-player is not what sold me so I didn't end up finishing, but my friends really enjoyed it. I will however say that this game is a gem online. There are a variety of different types of games, and this is where the birth of "turret defence" took place. I will always love Starcraft and Warcraft for the UMS (use map settings) feature, it adds so much possibility to the game. Expand
  42. Aug 6, 2012
    The best video game I've ever played.
    The best video game I've ever played.
    The storyline and lore are excellent, voice acting is memorable, characters have plenty of personality, graphics are cabable of creating atmospheric landscapes and the music is ear candy. Gameplay is very smooth and there's shortcut for every command. But the storyline really makes this game pure gold. Cutscenes are really well made, and the ending is breathtaking. This is one of the rare games that actually have a satisfying ending.

And after beating the campaign, there's still a lot of stuff to do. The multiplayer rocks, and there are tons of great mods.

To sum up, Warcraft 3 is not only the finest RTS ever made, but also the finest PC game ever made.
  43. Jul 30, 2012
    The SinglePlayer mode was great, and the story is very good aswell, it wants you play the game till the end! Cinematics are great aswell and the Multiplayer mode was just fantastic. And if you got bored of it, there were Tons of Mods that you could play that were entirely different then the actual game ( DOTA, Tower Defense, etc etc etc )
  44. May 29, 2012
    This is by far my number one favorite game of all-time, it's more than 10 years old and i still play it every once in a while! Where do i begin? Well lets start with the campaign, probably one of the best stories i have ever seen in a video game. And the cinematics? They're more than ten years old and yet they still impress me every time. Most missions are awesome and those who aren't areThis is by far my number one favorite game of all-time, it's more than 10 years old and i still play it every once in a while! Where do i begin? Well lets start with the campaign, probably one of the best stories i have ever seen in a video game. And the cinematics? They're more than ten years old and yet they still impress me every time. Most missions are awesome and those who aren't are still quite nice. The multiplayer is really great. Building up your army, researching new tech and leveling up your hero all while having to keep up your economy. No games a the same in Warcraft 3. And if you should ever get bored with the normal maps, you can just log on to Battlenet or Epicwar to check out the newest custom maps. One of the only games that i have been completely sure deserves a 10/10. Collapse
  45. Apr 5, 2012
    A true classic in the RTS genre. Lots of funny secret easter eggs, the gameplay is fun with lots of little quirks. The game is a lot of fun all around a great game.
  46. Mar 14, 2012
    One of the greatest strategy games of all time,the feel of the game,the mechanics and the story behind it,i could go on for hours for me perfect but sadly as this game is aging,the fan groups is starting to get smaller and i´m afraid the community will die out but the legend shall remain forever.So now on with the review.I find the mechanics to be similar to pretty much anyOne of the greatest strategy games of all time,the feel of the game,the mechanics and the story behind it,i could go on for hours for me perfect but sadly as this game is aging,the fan groups is starting to get smaller and i´m afraid the community will die out but the legend shall remain forever.So now on with the review.I find the mechanics to be similar to pretty much any other army commanding strategy game out there(you make units,build a base and attack the enemy) and luckily this game offers a huge variety of monsters,buildings and strategys so if you haven´t tried it out definalty go give it a shot if you are a strategy fan like me you will love this Expand
  47. Jan 31, 2012
    E-sport frontier. Does it work for as a single player experience? Not as good as for the multi but still it delivers. :) Vivid units, rich gameplay and great level design. I've never been the biggest RTS fan but I like strategies that surpasses their genre and rather than offering a simple, mind-consuming strategy experience are able to give the player something to enjoy regarthless whatE-sport frontier. Does it work for as a single player experience? Not as good as for the multi but still it delivers. :) Vivid units, rich gameplay and great level design. I've never been the biggest RTS fan but I like strategies that surpasses their genre and rather than offering a simple, mind-consuming strategy experience are able to give the player something to enjoy regarthless what it is. In WIII it's gameplay and unit characteristics (+ funny VO's). I recommend it not only for strategy fans. Expand
  48. Dec 24, 2011
    Warcraft 3 has stood the test of time. The single player campaign has an excellent storyline and characters. This game actually rewards strategic thought. The missions are in-depth, and exhibit enough variety to maintain interest. Some missions are a combination of base building, exploration and conquest. For certain other missions, it is a race against the clock to defend a base againstWarcraft 3 has stood the test of time. The single player campaign has an excellent storyline and characters. This game actually rewards strategic thought. The missions are in-depth, and exhibit enough variety to maintain interest. Some missions are a combination of base building, exploration and conquest. For certain other missions, it is a race against the clock to defend a base against overwhelming odds. Beautiful graphics compliment the exciting game play. It is quite simply the best computer game I have ever played. One factor that makes Warcraft 3 unique is the way it combines strategy and action. It is this combination of careful planning and frantic battle scenes that make the game play so compelling. I have lost countless hours experimenting with different tactics, and exploring the landscape. If you are inclined towards strategy, then Warcraft 3 is essential. Expand
  49. Nov 7, 2011
    Although generally I had no interests in RTS games, have to say warcraft III is kinda a game that even can get a role playing game fanatic like me into it. Cast absolutely all doubt aside that Blizzard might have lost its touch in games like diablo 3 and the new world of warcraft expansions, Warcraft III is an absolute good game. This game is far from being an RPG, but The light amount ofAlthough generally I had no interests in RTS games, have to say warcraft III is kinda a game that even can get a role playing game fanatic like me into it. Cast absolutely all doubt aside that Blizzard might have lost its touch in games like diablo 3 and the new world of warcraft expansions, Warcraft III is an absolute good game. This game is far from being an RPG, but The light amount of RPG elements infused in the game are so appropriate since you will be spending a great deal of each campaign story with a given character and you would like them to grow somewhat between missions while you are still forced to rebuild the rest of your base and those character focus story-telling through the campaign helped so much to build something really great to the end. Yet WAR III is essentially an online game, but I really do not find the online match that frustrated like starcraft, because other than building a base and army, the hero can be a very key role in the game match. Also in the game mod called DOTA, you can only play as just a hero to against each other which is really a very good online competitive experience. Expand
  50. Sep 13, 2011
    Might be the only 10 I ever give. I said in another review that I couldn't give a perfect score unless something was perfect, well Warcraft 3 is. If there's a bug in the game, I can't find it. It continues to have support 9 years after it's release and has spawned a community and gaming franchises that will last probably forever. From this came DotA, LOL, WoW (the MMO), soon to be DOTA2Might be the only 10 I ever give. I said in another review that I couldn't give a perfect score unless something was perfect, well Warcraft 3 is. If there's a bug in the game, I can't find it. It continues to have support 9 years after it's release and has spawned a community and gaming franchises that will last probably forever. From this came DotA, LOL, WoW (the MMO), soon to be DOTA2 and who knows what else. Earlier this year Blizzard patched the game to accommodate DotA players and added widescreen support and resolutions. Online play is still free and yes there are still people playing. The single player campaign itself is one of, if not THE most influential RTS games in history. It added customizable heroes along with a plethora of key commands and unit controls that are still used today in countless games. Blizzard even copied this UI for Starcraft 2. 9 years later, this is still one of the most fun games I have ever played and includes an entertaining story and loads of play time (I don't know for sure how many hours, but 30+ would be conservative). If you like lore, here it lives and it's full to overflowing. The developers went above and beyond with this game adding in comical interludes like exploding sheep when you click on them....a lot, to catch phrases and humorous comments from the units when they are clicked repeatedly. My favorite is the sorceress saying "Kick down sparky", I've been repeating it for years. The gameplay is complicated enough to be engaging and challenging but simple enough for anyone to pick up and be successful. It truly is a game with something for everyone and with what has grown from it and it's staying power it's hard to call it anything but perfect. Expand
  51. Aug 21, 2011
    I was surprised how much I enjoyed this game. Extremely engaging, very entertaining and just a plain good game. No problems with it, what-so-ever. Should probably re-install it and play some more!!
  52. Jun 16, 2011
    Amazing story and singleplayer, if you have WoW and havn't played this, I HIGHLY recommend you pick this and Frozen Throne up. This game lasted me several years because of the amazing amount of custom maps online.
  53. Jun 2, 2011
    When I first saw the game in 2002, i was fell in love with it, and became a die hard fan of warcraft universe. I play it today, and i dont even feel im playing a 9 year old game, the graphics are still very good. If you havent played it yet, do it now when the online community is still alive, but honestly i dont see it go anywhere anytime soon. Also the map editor is best one i ever saw inWhen I first saw the game in 2002, i was fell in love with it, and became a die hard fan of warcraft universe. I play it today, and i dont even feel im playing a 9 year old game, the graphics are still very good. If you havent played it yet, do it now when the online community is still alive, but honestly i dont see it go anywhere anytime soon. Also the map editor is best one i ever saw in any game, EVER. You can technically make your own game in it, and thats what people do. Only flaw of it i can come up with is that custom games are hosted peer to peer, if you dont have an external IP, you cant host. But that doesnt stand in the way of making it best RTS of all time. Expand
  54. May 18, 2011
    One of the best multiplayer real-time strategies; almost perfectly balanced, including four different, but competitive races. Although the plot of the solo campaign is a little bit childish, we have to remember, that in fact it's just a guide, that's very helpful for beginners, that want to make their first steps on battle.net.
  55. Mar 31, 2011
    As far as RTS games go, this one's top notch. It's different enough from Starcraft for me to want to play it, and the campaign is top notch. Of course the graphics have aged a bit, but it is years old at this point.
  56. SamP
    Nov 26, 2009
    Prehaps the most impressive real time strategy game ever made. The shear amount of quality and polish is almost overwhelming. Like the movie Aliens, it's an example of how brilliantly entertaining something can be, if it does its thing well. In this case that would be too build a base, train units and completely obliterate your enemy using a variety of very colourful and explosive Prehaps the most impressive real time strategy game ever made. The shear amount of quality and polish is almost overwhelming. Like the movie Aliens, it's an example of how brilliantly entertaining something can be, if it does its thing well. In this case that would be too build a base, train units and completely obliterate your enemy using a variety of very colourful and explosive spells. Good stuff! Expand
  57. DesmondL
    Jun 18, 2009
    The graphics is best and still among popular RTS game. But I don't think this game is prefect (even Age Of Empire II is not prefect). Because I don't like the unit sounds and the Enemy AI. But you can called it "most popular RTS all-times".
  58. RyanI.
    Sep 6, 2008
    Although I picked up Warcraft 3 came out in 2002, It is still the game I play most, and it has a lot of competition. I play Call of Duty 4, World of Warcraft, Half Life 2 and its various mods, and many others. Even with all these games I have played Warcraft 3 the most, simply from its huge replay value and epic storyline. The game's single player it huge and varied. No two missions Although I picked up Warcraft 3 came out in 2002, It is still the game I play most, and it has a lot of competition. I play Call of Duty 4, World of Warcraft, Half Life 2 and its various mods, and many others. Even with all these games I have played Warcraft 3 the most, simply from its huge replay value and epic storyline. The game's single player it huge and varied. No two missions are alike. Even if you dislike standard Warcraft 3 combat, run on over to battle.net! The multiplayer has a huge amount of player made maps, things that range from games that are alterations of normal Warcraft 3 base building and fighting, to 3rd person shooters like Elimination Tournament. Some people dislike the game, thinking that the battles are to small, and your largest army is around 18 people. But trust me, with every unit being unique, and when maps can be up to 6 v 6, the battles are huge, and you have to manage many differant units making it a long, intense battle. One of the best games of all time. Expand
  59. MathewP.
    Sep 2, 2008
    Awesome game, It's all about thinking which units are better against others and about MICRO. For Michael U: dude, the quantity of units don't count in this game, you are pathetic, if you like stupid "no-thinking-suicide-army" games, go play AOE. Lol, hero is equal to 15 soldiers?? LOL you are really pathetic.
  60. Air13ourn
    Aug 23, 2008
    Seriously, this is one of the best RTS games known to date. The factions are equally balanced for each race, with specific counters for each kind. They all have their own gameplay which can be used by pros to their advantage, yet still new player friendly by equalizing most of them out in the end. Where WarCraft really shines though are the units in which each faction can produce. They Seriously, this is one of the best RTS games known to date. The factions are equally balanced for each race, with specific counters for each kind. They all have their own gameplay which can be used by pros to their advantage, yet still new player friendly by equalizing most of them out in the end. Where WarCraft really shines though are the units in which each faction can produce. They all are unique, yet still remain to be the same. One example are the basic units of each race. Footmen are the middle man of them all, normal health/attack/armor, and can defend against ranged attacks. The orc unit, the grunt, is a powerhouse with more health and attack then the footman, but costs more to build and have less armor. Ghouls for the undead harvest lumber, so you have to balance them between your attack force and resources. They also attack faster then the other counterparts, but have a lower health/attack/armor. The Night Elf unit, the archer, is a ranged unit, and is very much like the footman except for in that area. These counter carry throughout the tech trees, showing no true overpowered race that every player chooses. The story line is one almost out of a book, and is executed in a brilliant manner through the eyes of each faction. WarCraft has withstood the test of time, and is still played worldwide through battlenet, and will continue to be. Expand
  61. NickM.
    Aug 8, 2008
    I think this game is amazing, and i was oretty reluctant to try it because i knew world of warcraft sucks and its for nerds, but i played it, and it was a fun game. I liked the graphics, even the game is about 6 years old, and it was just a great, well executed RTS.
  62. AnonymousMC
    Jul 2, 2008
    This game was a revolution to graphics at its time, and the idea of Heroes is good and fun to play. Multiplayer is also very pleasurable, with an amazing map editor in the game. However, after finishing the campaign and moving to B.net, it get a bit boring or irritating. Races are quite unbalanced, so humans are almost forgotten in multiplayer. Also, the hero idea, which seemed good at theThis game was a revolution to graphics at its time, and the idea of Heroes is good and fun to play. Multiplayer is also very pleasurable, with an amazing map editor in the game. However, after finishing the campaign and moving to B.net, it get a bit boring or irritating. Races are quite unbalanced, so humans are almost forgotten in multiplayer. Also, the hero idea, which seemed good at the beginning, turns out to 3v3 hero battle later in game, when heroes become so powerful tear 1-2 units become obsolete, and other wouldn't do much alone. Also battle strategy is missing; it is not possible to defeat a stronger army using highgrounds or keep them at bay with ranged units. All in all, this game turns out to be a hero battle with supporting units, with strategy limited only to what units to train, but still fun to watch the fireworks or play Custom maps on B.net. Expand
  63. JoeStass
    May 22, 2008
    A great game, pretty fun, but ultimately lacking when compared to Starcraft. Warcraft is well balanced, has some very cool aspects to it, but some things feel directly torn from Starcraft while, such as the Undead (a.k.a. Zerg). The storyline is okay, but "noble" orcs are a disappointment and both the undead and night elves just feel unnecessary. The tiny size of the battles and short A great game, pretty fun, but ultimately lacking when compared to Starcraft. Warcraft is well balanced, has some very cool aspects to it, but some things feel directly torn from Starcraft while, such as the Undead (a.k.a. Zerg). The storyline is okay, but "noble" orcs are a disappointment and both the undead and night elves just feel unnecessary. The tiny size of the battles and short game rounds are also a bit disappointing if you're really looking for some hardcore war action. Overall, the game is fun, well balanced, and everything a great Blizzard game should be, but Starcraft still steals its spotlight. It would have been better if they had just followed the formula of Warcraft 2 and kept the game at 2 races. Expand
  64. MichaelU.
    Feb 14, 2008
    At first i thought this game was cool, because it was about warcraft. I played world of warcraft before it, so i wanted to play this. What a big mistake that was. The characters look completely cartoonish and can be compared to fisher price people. The idea of upgrading your buildings and troops seems cool at first, but it later gets annoying and you keep forgetting about it. On most maps At first i thought this game was cool, because it was about warcraft. I played world of warcraft before it, so i wanted to play this. What a big mistake that was. The characters look completely cartoonish and can be compared to fisher price people. The idea of upgrading your buildings and troops seems cool at first, but it later gets annoying and you keep forgetting about it. On most maps you start off with about 10 people while the enemy has about 4 bases. The biggest armies consist of 16 people, making it feel more like a scouting party than an army. At first i liked the idea of heroes, but after a while you seem to use them for everything because they are way too powerful. They are basically the equvillant of 15 people, so you can defend your whole base with him and 5 people. The idea of needing air units to attack air units is also dumb. The average building can produce 1 or 2 types of troops, so you have to keep switching between buildings to produce different types of troops. Altogether it feels like 100 pots boiling at the same time. The only good part is the story. Its hard to make a strategy game that has bad graphics, gameplay, objectives, army sizes, and unbalanced characters all at once, but warcraft 3 rises to the challenge. Expand
  65. JoeM.
    Jan 8, 2008
    Even after years of playing this game it is still fun. This game looks really great with good animation and character sounds. Each character has a specific voice. The sound is well done overall. The gameplay is one of the best in RTS history up to date. There are so many strategies. You can't just do one strat and expect to win all the time. On Battle.net it gets real competitive. Even after years of playing this game it is still fun. This game looks really great with good animation and character sounds. Each character has a specific voice. The sound is well done overall. The gameplay is one of the best in RTS history up to date. There are so many strategies. You can't just do one strat and expect to win all the time. On Battle.net it gets real competitive. The multiplayer is very good and well done. The single player is one of the best of any game i've played. It has amazing cutscenes and sucks you in. It has an amazing story which will keep you enthralled throughout the whole game. The single player really gets hard after a the first few missions. Blizzard puts great effort into all their games. I have yet to find a Blizzard game I'm NOT satisfied with. Expand
  66. DonaldB.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Best Blizzard game I've ever played. If you liked StarCraft's controls, then you won't be disappointed here.
  67. JoshE.
    Nov 13, 2007
    I don't know what people are talking about when they say this game has no story and is predictable, they would be wrong. Stories must develop, and characters must change according to the storyline. as for multiplayer, I've seen the most diverse types of maps and campaigns created by most likely thousands of people, though only some of these are actually worth playing, and a few I don't know what people are talking about when they say this game has no story and is predictable, they would be wrong. Stories must develop, and characters must change according to the storyline. as for multiplayer, I've seen the most diverse types of maps and campaigns created by most likely thousands of people, though only some of these are actually worth playing, and a few are just continually played and will always be seen on the custom games list. eg. Footmen, DotA etc.. I've liked Warcraft 3 more than its prequels and hope Blizzard make another game relating to the Warcraft series. This game is a must-buy for people who love RTS games and a diversity in the types of maps you play. Expand
  68. SHODAN
    Nov 10, 2007
    Redundant and uninspired. Warcraft 2 and, particularly, StarCraft are far more competent games.
  69. ThomasR.
    Aug 25, 2007
    This game is a 5 star game all the way. IT'S MY FAVORITE!
  70. MichaelM.
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm puzzled on how this game isn't ranked higher. Warcraft III is by far the best RTS game available. It's complex units, open ended game construction engine, and Blizzards uncompromising commitment to game balance make this game the one to beat. Other games such as COH, WarHammer, Supreme Commander, StarCraft are close contenders, but taking WC3 into context of it leading I'm puzzled on how this game isn't ranked higher. Warcraft III is by far the best RTS game available. It's complex units, open ended game construction engine, and Blizzards uncompromising commitment to game balance make this game the one to beat. Other games such as COH, WarHammer, Supreme Commander, StarCraft are close contenders, but taking WC3 into context of it leading the technology evolution of RTS can't be ignored. Expand
  71. SimonB.
    Jun 1, 2007
    Hey there, hey there. RTS? RPG? MMORPG? Got milk? No seriously, Warcraft 2 was a game I played a lot in my childhood. It was always the second choice after Doom (1,2,ultimate). After a while, I realised Warcraft 2 was getting dull and empty. Like beating a can with a stick. All I found really worthwhile were the sounds. "DA'BURR!" Y'know? Wacraft 3... Well, it's the sequel, Hey there, hey there. RTS? RPG? MMORPG? Got milk? No seriously, Warcraft 2 was a game I played a lot in my childhood. It was always the second choice after Doom (1,2,ultimate). After a while, I realised Warcraft 2 was getting dull and empty. Like beating a can with a stick. All I found really worthwhile were the sounds. "DA'BURR!" Y'know? Wacraft 3... Well, it's the sequel, with revamped graphics, new engine, new everything, really. The game's pretty, let's admit that. The characters look cartoonish and they have always looked that way in the Warcraft series. Removing the ultra-pwnage of getting the biggest and baddest creatures in the game to win it all, WC3 forces you to use heroes. Rather than spam your mines with 20 peasants, you can just use a few in other races. The whole story kind of goes "PFOOT!" after a while. Everything goes predictable in a LOTR kind of way. Multiplayer? I'll admit, I'm more of a single-player person for those games. But on multi-player, I found the same recipee as for all the other Blizzard games. You know specific strategies for each race, you win it all. There isn't much room for innovation, because everyone has done it. Trying to stray from the main track gets you losses. How fun? Expand
  72. Anonymous
    Apr 30, 2007
    Alright, but not even close to the fun of WC2.
  73. GaryH.
    Jan 4, 2007
    Just the same old, dull, stupid formula rehashed, with ugly 3D graphics. If you've played WC2 all the way to the end, there's no real reason to bother with this one.
  74. MetaPhysical
    Dec 5, 2006
    A very interesting take on RTS fantasy with excellent playability and limitless fun that was the best of its time.
  75. Dahman
    Nov 12, 2006
    It seemed repetative and boring, the only good thing about this warcraft compaired to the earlier 2 are the graphics, which aren't even stunning.
  76. YoavB.
    Oct 13, 2005
    Pure greatness. The best RTS ever made. Amazing 3d enviroments unbelieveable cinematics and a long fun single player. Multiplayer cannot be descirbed but pure genies map editor COOOL so many diffrent types and versions of maps that the gameplay will never be repetitive. best RTS I played (and i played a lot).
  77. CodyK.
    Jul 15, 2005
    I loved Warcraft II, but couldn
  78. MarcD.
    Jul 12, 2005
    I would like to apologise to Warcraft 3 for taking this long to finally go out and buy it. 3 years after it's release, I finally decided to give it a whirl. 3 years wasted...
  79. JohnA.
    Jul 8, 2005
    Probably the best game I have ever played.
  80. ThorB.
    Apr 11, 2005
    This is a great game. Just going into world editor, making my own world and fighting in it was enough to make me buy it, but there's so much more too. The single player story is good, and it's just a plain alll around good game. May lag if you dont have a good computer but is still rare.
  81. BatmanMonkey
    Sep 28, 2004
    I expected this game to be boring and crappy...but it is AWESOME!!!!the FMVs are amazing!!!!!!
  82. DallasH.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Honestly the best RTS I've ever played in my life. The map editor is pure geneous.
  83. MattK.
    Dec 22, 2003
    I'm giving it a 10, but i wish i could give this game a 30. easily the best rts ever, it blows away even starcraft. each patch makes it better and better, and someone complained about there being no difficulty lvls, well there are now! it takes practice, but you will learn to develop your own playing style and get to know the maps, and your first acc may be just like 4-26, but youI'm giving it a 10, but i wish i could give this game a 30. easily the best rts ever, it blows away even starcraft. each patch makes it better and better, and someone complained about there being no difficulty lvls, well there are now! it takes practice, but you will learn to develop your own playing style and get to know the maps, and your first acc may be just like 4-26, but you will get better. oh and the single play rules too. Expand
  84. MacMullen
    Sep 14, 2003
    Awesome single player game! missions are done perfectly well. my only complaint is the multiplayer. the only people who can win are the ones that play 24/7.
  85. TimA.
    Jul 16, 2003
    This is the best game I'v ever played! Brilliant graphics, story was excellent. Quit simply the best game ever!
  86. Uter
    May 23, 2003
    An excellent sequel to an excellent series. The only thing i wish is that you didn't have to go through blizzard in order to play online. I mean, if warcraft 4 comes out are they going to shut down the servers rendering the game unplayable online?
  87. JohnyM.
    Apr 25, 2003
    It's like Pringles; Once you pop, you just can't stop!
  88. BradJ.
    Apr 18, 2003
    This game is the shiznit.
  89. JonH.
    Apr 9, 2003
    I dislike this game because there is no vaerity in the teams&units, and there is only one difficuty of AI and the campaign didnt go on for very long:( yet the graphics and mutliplayer are good and fast. still at times the graphics can be confusing in combat.
  90. JaredI.
    Mar 24, 2003
    Sweet game even though i sux at it!
  91. ShawnT.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Genious.
  92. NoVo-OxazepamNoVo
    Feb 13, 2003
    Warcraft II was good. Starcraft was exceptional. Warcraft III is the best game ever. Any questions?
  93. Anonymousguy
    Dec 7, 2002
    Warcraft III is probably one of the best PC games (if not the best) ever made. The story is excellent, the game play is fantastic, the graphics are good, and the cinematics are some of the best I have ever seen in a game (even better than Diablo II). This is the kind of game you can stop playing for months and still feel like you have never stopped. If you don't have this game, buy Warcraft III is probably one of the best PC games (if not the best) ever made. The story is excellent, the game play is fantastic, the graphics are good, and the cinematics are some of the best I have ever seen in a game (even better than Diablo II). This is the kind of game you can stop playing for months and still feel like you have never stopped. If you don't have this game, buy it as soon as possible or you will be missing out on one of the best gaming experiences ever! Expand
  94. MortalMaker
    Dec 5, 2002
    I love Warcraft II and am currently still addicted to it so when the third one got released I almost sh*t my pants and am playing it almost 24/7!
  95. DavidS.
    Nov 23, 2002
    U must hav dis freakin best gam ever!!! i cant wait for world of warcraft!!!
  96. ZaimA.
    Sep 13, 2002
    It is the best game ever!!!
  97. AaronE.
    Sep 12, 2002
    Awesome gameplay excellent storyline, Impecable Graphics.
  98. JanneV.
    Aug 22, 2002
    Best game ever!!!! all who do not think w3 is the best haven't played it... w3 RULES!!!!
  99. MichaelT.
    Aug 4, 2002
    The BEST GAME EVER!!!! Those who say its sh.t because of rushing and "balance" are totally wrong. the balance is all about countering which makes you think each time you play this game. I love it! Blizzard did not waste those 3 years of making it and I'll be happy to put as much money in it as i can. All who say its bad are people who are complete newbies and do not know how to play The BEST GAME EVER!!!! Those who say its sh.t because of rushing and "balance" are totally wrong. the balance is all about countering which makes you think each time you play this game. I love it! Blizzard did not waste those 3 years of making it and I'll be happy to put as much money in it as i can. All who say its bad are people who are complete newbies and do not know how to play it w/o thinking. its not a game where you just start and you can count on a win. Expand
  100. MelchorL.
    Jul 24, 2002
    A must have for all the warcraft fans!!
  101. May 29, 2012

1. Graphically, Warcraft III is breathtaking.
  2. Completely reinvented in glorious 3-D, WCIII spruces up the age-old premise—organize armies and send them into battle against opposing forces—with much-improved graphics and a new pyrotechnic spell-casting system.
  3. May very well be the most beloved PC game of the year.