9.0

1. Oct 22, 2011
    CONTAINS SPOILERS !
    CONTAINS SPOILERS !
    This expansion, completes the story of the fallen prince leading him to became "ONE" with the Lich King. One of the best stroy telling in its Genre with an amazing story, Frozen Throne is not an easy game to beat in its single player campaign. One, should play this expansion before starting WOW series inorder to have a full understanding of the events. It is not satisfactory to read it from forums since it is important to feel like Arthas before killing him in WOW. Arthas had reasons before walking through his dark path. 10/10
  2. May 29, 2012
    An awesome expansion to an awesome game. This added some cool new stuff and 3 awesome campaigns to the game, so even though the ending was quite bad, it's still a very good expansion and definitely worth buying.
  3. Mpines
    Jul 11, 2003
    One of the best ever...
  4. TedZ.
    Jul 12, 2004
    I must admit that the only reason I didn't give this a 10 is because I suck at it, but (please don't laugh) I managed to get by on normal difficulty. Was I the only person rooting for the Lich King and Arthas? Infinitely enjoyed the last cinematic. Undead rule. Always. When all of the other races die, WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM? Raised by me.
  5. KireI.
    Dec 2, 2007
    This game is a lt more better then the reigh of chaos .It have a new heroes units .I dont like the campaigh some campaigh are predictable and boring.
  6. Apr 5, 2012
    A great expansion pack for an amazing game. If you liked the original game you NEED this expansion pack, no doubts about it. A really good expansion pack.
  7. Sep 5, 2012
    Simply a great expansion for one of the greatest games ever. Nothing more to add. This is the game that brought the big success that wow now has. If it weren't for war3, I would have never bought wow. This game is that good. A perfect story, perfect multiplayer, perfect meta-game, considering the birthplace of Dota.
  8. Oct 30, 2013
    One of the best games ever made in 2000, it made a lot of great improvements of the first games mechanics, and as always has the same Blizzard formula that made Starcraft great. The new units and heroes are alright, and some of them improve some of their factions short comings. The story is quite moving, but the ending isn't what you'd expect, but if you know Blizzard you would know whyOne of the best games ever made in 2000, it made a lot of great improvements of the first games mechanics, and as always has the same Blizzard formula that made Starcraft great. The new units and heroes are alright, and some of them improve some of their factions short comings. The story is quite moving, but the ending isn't what you'd expect, but if you know Blizzard you would know why its made that way. Expand
  9. Anonymous
    Jul 2, 2008
    Campaign, several new units and extra hero per race - that's all what I see in this expantion. Campaign is awfully predictable, with a rule: "Whoever you control, wins!". The ending, although, saved the campaign from becoming a cartoon story. Since Battle.net is an accomplishment Reign of chaos did, this game is only a lore-story for WoW.
    Jul 4, 2003
    I give this a one for the new features that were also added to classic. I didn't like the nuetral heroes, I didn't like boats. I don't like the way they changed creeping. I think I'll stick with classic WC3 instead of this mess.
  11. BrianOngBoonChoon
    Aug 9, 2003
    This is a great game but my favourite race is orc but not a single orc campaigns,also warcraft 3 has a cool show to watch after every campaign my favourite charater is grunt.I know I know it sounds weird but you creaters should put something more about grunt.
  12. SimonB.
    Jun 1, 2007
    In my opinion, games like these should be outstanding with scenario. Instead, what we get is furthering the evil Prince Arthas' reign as an undead lord. The story becomes even more predictable that I find myself guessing what Arthas will say next. I can pretty much assure I've been right most of the time. Other stories are out there, just there. Made to make it look like In my opinion, games like these should be outstanding with scenario. Instead, what we get is furthering the evil Prince Arthas' reign as an undead lord. The story becomes even more predictable that I find myself guessing what Arthas will say next. I can pretty much assure I've been right most of the time. Other stories are out there, just there. Made to make it look like Blizzard had to justify the invention of new units through a weak story. I dunno, maybe they were seduced by their own engine and thought: "Hey, let's make this story super flashy! Awesome explosion right there, dude!" and forgot to make it good. Bad points aside, I find the expansion adds new spirit to the game. New units and etc, but that's all there really is to it. Some campaigns look like the pre-pre-beta for WoW where you run around collecting items for dudes in a town as a character. This is a bloody RTS, for chrissakes, not a MMORPG. I found that very weak by Blizzard. For purists of the series, this is obviously a must-buy or must-download for purists that are too lazy to get out of the basement. For people with just about no notion in RTS, don't start with Warcraft 3. Expand
  13. Jun 29, 2012
    It's kind of unfair to give a bad review to this game, but I think people should use Undead and play around 50 mathcs then come back to re-review this game. Blizzard's patch can't balanced this game well and always created more problems. Most of my friends drop the normal game and turn to play DoTA. For me, these 3 points are for Campaign and The Founding of Durotar and Custom Maps. IIt's kind of unfair to give a bad review to this game, but I think people should use Undead and play around 50 mathcs then come back to re-review this game. Blizzard's patch can't balanced this game well and always created more problems. Most of my friends drop the normal game and turn to play DoTA. For me, these 3 points are for Campaign and The Founding of Durotar and Custom Maps. I wish in some future patch that Blizzard can just take Undead out of this game. Expand
  14. Nov 20, 2014
    This is by far the best game I have ever played in my life. Until today, I still play Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne on a daily basis and it is very fun to play.
  15. JohnA.
    Jul 8, 2005
    Good, but Reign of Chaos is much better.
  16. Kaos377457
    Oct 6, 2003
    It's very entertaining. Actually I can't playing with my friends... HUMANS 4ever!!!!!!
  17. TimA.
    Jul 17, 2003
    Best RTS game ever! Half-life is said to be the best RTS game but I think "Frozen Throne" is way up there.
  18. JamesW.
    Jul 5, 2003
    From playing the beta, I found that while the new heroes and units were extremely fun to discover and use at first, they get old pretty fast - the new units and heroes don't bring the same spice to warcraft that brood war brought to starcraft, disappointingly. The graphics are very cartoon-ish, too, and stand out against the old graphics. I love the original and will stick with it, From playing the beta, I found that while the new heroes and units were extremely fun to discover and use at first, they get old pretty fast - the new units and heroes don't bring the same spice to warcraft that brood war brought to starcraft, disappointingly. The graphics are very cartoon-ish, too, and stand out against the old graphics. I love the original and will stick with it, now that the expansion interface changes have been added in the newest update. Expand
  19. RajS.
    Jul 10, 2003
    A well thought out expansion to WCIII. Highly entertaining and enthralling.
  20. Deathdevil
    Jul 16, 2003
    Nice game with interesting heroes.. just like warden...
  21. CalN.
    Jul 10, 2003
    Really good expansion program with some cool new additions. Nice to have 2 campaigns also.
  22. JerradH.
    Jul 6, 2003
    I was REALLY hoping they'd do away with upkeep in the expansion, or at least add the option to turn it off as its the one main thing that prevents me from enjoying the game. Still, even with out the concern for upkeep, even though I like the awesome quality in terms of presentation, there's something about the gameplay that still doesn't fit well with me. Age of Empires 2: I was REALLY hoping they'd do away with upkeep in the expansion, or at least add the option to turn it off as its the one main thing that prevents me from enjoying the game. Still, even with out the concern for upkeep, even though I like the awesome quality in terms of presentation, there's something about the gameplay that still doesn't fit well with me. Age of Empires 2: Conquers still remains the best RTS expansion IMO. Expand
  23. Biosbet
    May 25, 2004
    Make me BURNT.
  24. ChadP.
    Feb 16, 2005
    I own the game it is a great game i play on line all the time. i think my orc race got better with the new hero his involernable is real cool!
  25. Mormo
    May 3, 2006
    WCTFT: is the best animated strategy game based on real time, the game is swift and the keyboard shortcuts make it efficent once you manage to learn them.
  26. M.M.
    Jul 2, 2006
    Best game ever!
    Jul 23, 2006
    The game is great and fun. Battle.net sucks since those later versions are blocking me out, and i tried turning off all firewalls, opening ports, etc. Still gets random crashes and disconnects..
  28. DavidW.
    Jul 5, 2003
    This is the best game I've ever played. PERIOD.
  29. M.M.
    Jun 16, 2004
    Best game ever!
  30. YoavB.
    Oct 13, 2005
    A weaker game than its original yet so good I must have given it a perfect score. As well as the first game amzing graphics unbeliveable cinematics and just a fun unrepetitive game play (especialy the multiplayer) The reason I think it's a bit lamer than the first is because of the single player. It's a little weaker (not by diffculty...) shorter and just nothing so new for a A weaker game than its original yet so good I must have given it a perfect score. As well as the first game amzing graphics unbeliveable cinematics and just a fun unrepetitive game play (especialy the multiplayer) The reason I think it's a bit lamer than the first is because of the single player. It's a little weaker (not by diffculty...) shorter and just nothing so new for a new game. More cinematics some more levels and perhaps some more creative levels would have make him even better than the first one. Still an amzing RTS a must !!! Expand
  31. Samtam90
    Nov 8, 2005
    This is simply the best RPG ever. It would be already enough to see how many custo maps there are for this masterpiece at http://maps.worldofwar.net like some of the best RPGs maps you'll find for any game. It has probably the best editor ever, which is even more powerful than Morrowind's becuase the customization is TOTAL: you can create WHATEVER YOU WANT, from a simple linear This is simply the best RPG ever. It would be already enough to see how many custo maps there are for this masterpiece at http://maps.worldofwar.net like some of the best RPGs maps you'll find for any game. It has probably the best editor ever, which is even more powerful than Morrowind's becuase the customization is TOTAL: you can create WHATEVER YOU WANT, from a simple linear butchery map to a complex nonlinear and dynamic RPG with vast and living world. Add to this the multiplayer and then enjoy. Thank you Blizzard. Expand
  32. MaximillianV.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Brilliant game. Though not as good as the orginal, Reign of Chaos, it still has enough new aspects to make it worth the time and money. The voicework is superb and, at times, hilarious ( Annoy the BloodMage and he'll tell you how much blood is needed to repay the deaths of his people, or bug the FireLord and he complains about people throwing water at him ) . The old characters are a Brilliant game. Though not as good as the orginal, Reign of Chaos, it still has enough new aspects to make it worth the time and money. The voicework is superb and, at times, hilarious ( Annoy the BloodMage and he'll tell you how much blood is needed to repay the deaths of his people, or bug the FireLord and he complains about people throwing water at him ) . The old characters are a bit stale, we know who they are and what they can do. The 9 new heroes are fun to experiment with, and even a few new units. The map editor is amazing, you can do pretty much anything, including custom-creating an entire race of your own, buffing a unit to the point of cheapness, or weakening your units so that swarms of them are useless. You can make your own terrain, your own scenarios, your own heroes. Though great, it's still not as good as RoC. My only complaint was that my game crashed when the Crypt Lord said 'And they say Blizzard games don't have bugs.' Thank you Blizzard! Expand
  33. RyanB.
    Mar 20, 2008
    This "expansion" is more like, sequel and it adds a ton of new editor tools. The new tools add new depth not seen before to custom multiplayer maps.
  34. KingA.
    Nov 21, 2004
    Why is it only ranked #79. ITS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!
  35. Mauro
    Dec 20, 2004
    The frozen throne is a great game.....its the best!!.....i like it because you have to use your brain to think of strategies... if you don't have it--- go out and get it!!!
  36. guy!
    Aug 26, 2007
    Everything about this game is good except the campaign. There are fun new mini-games and the new units, items, & heroes are outstanding. Having said that, most the campaign is pretty bad. Not because it's boring, but pointless and repetitive. (***SPOILER***) All the good guys are dying, it's basically evil fighting more evil, and worst of all, every character is completelyEverything about this game is good except the campaign. There are fun new mini-games and the new units, items, & heroes are outstanding. Having said that, most the campaign is pretty bad. Not because it's boring, but pointless and repetitive. (***SPOILER***) All the good guys are dying, it's basically evil fighting more evil, and worst of all, every character is completely obbsessed with revenge. WHY ARE THEY SO OBBSESSED WITH REVENGE!?!? I mean, if one or two characters persue vengance, then the plot's exciting, but not when they all do it! Don't they realize that their homes are still smashed, their people are dying, and even if they get revenge, it will change nothing?! Having said that, good game overall. Expand
  37. JamesM.
    Feb 13, 2008
    People shouldn't criticize warcraft because it has a weak campaign; the game is first and foremost a multiplayer game. And while I acknowledge the campaign is weak, its not reason enough for a low score.
  38. Dec 7, 2010
    Best RTS game of all time. It's significant editing abilities with the gift of 'World Edit' forces the award of the worlds most Advanced, easy-to-use map making technology within the very grasp of It's palms. The campaign is that of a God, consisting of four unique races to conquer as; all flowing into one story of epicness!
  39. Jun 2, 2011
    Great expansion that made the best RTS ever made, even better. There is no bad word that can be said about it, so 10/10 is the only reasonable rating.
  40. Nov 20, 2012
    An amazing game elevated due to it's custom map/modding scene. The online might be dominated by bots and rather empty by now, but it is still fun to play through LAN.
  41. Oct 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, was quite the let down in my opinion. Whilst the graphics and standard game play remained much the same from its predecessor, there are a few differences which will leave you frustrated and lack any real strategical depth. These are some of the mission you will embark upon. Many of these mission will be nothing more than glorified arcade style jokes, these seem to appear more frequently than one would like and the entire Blood Elf Campaign seems to be made up entirely of these dodgy bore-fests. From lack luster tower defense style missions, to battling over a caged Illidan, you will soon realize that these missions are no more strategical than fetching a cup of tea for your grandmother. The final mission for the Scourge is just a laughable arcade style joke as well, which has you running around a large and lifeless map, capturing more glowing circles than the Blood Elves. I guess the epic last stand of Mount Hyjal on Warcraft 3 was simply too much to try and top eh Blizzard?

With over powered heroes, boring missions, uninspired level design and endings which will leave a bitter taste in your mouth, i can only hope that Warcraft 4 will be an improvement. If Blizzard will actually make it that is...
  42. Mar 7, 2012
    VERY awesome Strategy Game, Just like Starcraft (Both SC1, SC1:BW, SCII:WoL) Just like its predecessor, this game is a huge success. 2003 game still being heavily populated as of 2012. Blizzard made a great game, with a great Lore, which as for the WIII EXPANSION next continuation part, is World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. (Which kept the Lore also), You know i cannot say much...VERY awesome Strategy Game, Just like Starcraft (Both SC1, SC1:BW, SCII:WoL) Just like its predecessor, this game is a huge success. 2003 game still being heavily populated as of 2012. Blizzard made a great game, with a great Lore, which as for the WIII EXPANSION next continuation part, is World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. (Which kept the Lore also), You know i cannot say much... It is Blizzard Entertainment.. They stay true to fans, and they make awesome games. New or old. Thanks Blizz for bringing us this Franchise! (Warcraft, WoW also.) Expand
  43. Aug 1, 2013
    I have no idea why I feel compelled to review this game now. I've just become so disillusioned with current RTS games (Starcraft 2, Wargame AirLand Battle, etc.) that I decided to reinstall Warcraft III.

If you're like me and used to be fully addicted to this game, the blast of nostalgia hits you hard and doesn't let up. The opening cinematic of Warcraft 3 vanilla is a masterpiece and gave me chills the first time I saw it. I remember when I was younger I used to watch the preview trailers for WC3 over and over before it came out. I had always been a fan of Warcraft 2 and Starcraft when I was a kid.

This game just has so many alluring aspects. The art is beautiful (The graphics won't blow you away by today's standards, but I still love it) and the concept art for the game is simply incredible. The bright colors and unique characters leave a memorable impression on you.

The four different races (Five if you include the non playable Naga, but I'm sure there are custom maps that allow you to play as them) are all unique and have a powerful, varied array of units. Each race also has four of it's own unique heroes, not to mention the mercenary heroes and units for hire on certain melee maps.

Heroes, in my opinion, are a big part of what made this game so damn fun. As much as I loved the original Starcraft games, the lack of heroes in Starcraft 2 made the game boring. There is nothing more exciting than using your high level Blademaster, decked out with powerful items, to Wind Walk and snipe off enemy workers or heroes. The possibilities are endless. And while the game might not be the most perfectly balanced because of them, heroes just add an awesome little touch of RPG to the RTS genre.

The campaigns are fun and full of side quests and cutscenes. The comprehensive map editor allows an endless stream of unique maps which helped spawn Dota and subsequently League of Legends and Dota 2. The fact that this game was powerful enough to spawn an entirely new genre speaks for itself.

The multiplayer on Battle.net was always the highlight of the game for me. I spent thousands of hours creeping, rushing, pwning newbs and getting pwnd online.

Ultimately, Warcraft III is one of the most classic, colorful, fun, exciting and enduring games of our generation.
  44. Jan 2, 2015
    Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne is one of the greatest games ever created in history. It is perfection and an ultimate stroke of genius. It is up there with other timeless classics and great milestones in gaming. A 10 does not give this game justice, as the Warcraft 3 editor toolset has been absolutely groundbreaking in gaming. Warcraft 3's release back in 2003 was so influential it rippledWarcraft 3: The Frozen Throne is one of the greatest games ever created in history. It is perfection and an ultimate stroke of genius. It is up there with other timeless classics and great milestones in gaming. A 10 does not give this game justice, as the Warcraft 3 editor toolset has been absolutely groundbreaking in gaming. Warcraft 3's release back in 2003 was so influential it rippled across multiple genres. If there would be a "Mona Lisa" of gaming, Warcraft 3 is it.

Warcraft 3 spawned not one but TWO new genres - MOBA's (Yes, League of Legends can thank Warcraft 3's modding community) and TOWER DEFENSE.

This review is a long time coming. I've waited quite a while to write this as I've been playing Warcraft 3 for over 7 years straight. Yes, you've read correctly - been playing since 2006. Over my time playing Warcraft 3, I've probably played over 50,000 games and counting.

It's difficult to write a full review for Warcraft 3 because there are two sides to this game. There is the campaign and standard multiplier melee. Then there are the custom maps. These are maps and essentially completely separate games created by an enthusiastic modding community using the Warcraft 3 editor , and eventually evolved to advanced editors that allowed even greater flexibility with the WC3 engine.

The campaign follows the story that led up the events in World of Warcraft, and you play 4 major races of Warcraft. Warcraft 3 blended elements of traditional RTS found in its older games of Warcraft and Starcraft, and elements of RPG character progression. You control both armies and heroes. Heroes slowly level up and get stronger and stronger, eventually becoming the backbone of your army. The campaign is executed flawlessly - you can tell this is the similar talent that developed the classics of Diablo and Starcraft. Alot of passion was put into this game.

Warcraft 3 had a great competitive multiplier scene that is still going strong today. Upon its release in early 2000's, we saw the development of competitive online gaming tournaments, or "ladders". Similar to the gameplay of W2 and Starcraft but with the new elements of added heroes. People generally consider WC3 to be much more fun to watch than Starcraft. This competitive ladder was groundbreaking. Starcraft was more influential but Warcraft 3 had its own ladder that was a force to be reckoned with. Better yet, the skill level required to play W3 was extremely high, as players had to have excellent skills to control their heroes and armies leading up to very exciting and close match ups.

And then we get to the real groundbreaking aspect of Warcraft 3 - the custom maps.

WC3 was one of the first games to release a fully featured editor that was easy enough to for enthusiastic gamers to get their hands on and start doing their own development. Back in 2000, modding communities were in their infancy. Wc3 nurtured these gaming communities with its powerful toolset and these communities have grown into the creative modding juggernauts we have today - take Hiveworkshop for example.

This lead to hugely creative, fun, and experimental maps created. This spawned two new genres in gaming, the MOBA. Aeon of Strife from Starcraft led to Defense of the Ancients, or DOTA, the first major MOBA. Dota became hugely popular, and this all spawned from the creative minds of the modding community and the Warcraft 3 editor. Tower defense also spawned, another genre all unto itself.

The Toolset is powerful. The custom map section is the real gem of WC3 - all sorts of maps were created and are still created to this day. WC3 become a brewing ground for experiments, testing, fun maps, stupid maps. Everything from modded standard maps to total conversions - even FPS shooters! You can boot up WC3 today and take a look at all of the kinds of custom maps on WC3. Each map offers a different experience than the other one, some completely different games. We're talking about THOUSANDS of different games:

Castle Fight, Hero Wars, Hero Defense, Custom Hero Survival, Missile War, Castle Defense, Servant War, Enfo's Team Survival, Goblin Survival, Titan Land, Vampirism, WoW City Raid, WoW Reanimated, Impossible Bosses, Sunken City, Various Open-RPG with SAVE FEATURES, Tomb of Jarahcon, Moo Moo Defense, Survival, the list goes on and on and on! W3 modding has become very sophisticated, games even have save features which allows you to save scores, heroes, pretty much anything.

Makemehost is the main area for hosting games - anyone can host, for free!

The game is not without its problems. The engine is old and shows its age. When people lag and get dropped, they cannot reconnect. The bots sometimes have issues. W3 still runs on Battlenet's old servers, so you have an outdated friends interface. However, these can be overlooked for a game that is over a decade old and still is fun as hell to play.

If I could I would rate higher than a 10. Oh what the hell - 11/10.
  45. Aug 23, 2012
    One of best Games ever made and maybe the best Multiplayer Game ever. Absolutely Amazing. Too bad there is only 1 add on and Blizzard only care about WoW now :) But still enough players on the battle net to play with :! Also the Custom Maps was revolutionary!
  46. Dec 3, 2014
    Decent expansion to a classic. Couple aspects not polished, possibly from rushed release. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 6/10 - good 2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great interface and satisfying micro/macro control 3. Multiplayer: 8/10 - competitive and fun 4. Story & Cinematics: 4/10 - interesting story, but some aspects were possibly rushed, leading to disappointment for some.

1. Graphics: 6/10 - good
    2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great interface and satisfying micro/macro control
    3. Multiplayer: 8/10 - competitive and fun

Overall, average expansion.
  47. Nov 15, 2012
    This game was/is the best in the custom game area. I have never played a rts game with better custom maps and i never will. It is not the best rts i have ever played that honor goes to Total annihilation. But Warcraft 3 is right up there with Starcraft for Blizzard creations.
  48. Dec 13, 2012
    Excellent expansion of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Three new campaigns, plus bonus and custom campaigns; Improved gameplay with healthbars for example, which means much in fast battles; New units and heroes for each race; Rebalanced and rearranged gold cost and unit stats. Well deserved 10/10.
  49. Apr 1, 2013
    I've been playing this game since I was 12 and I've got to say it has an awesome gameplay that would probably last for ages.
    It's, in my opinion, a game that'll be imprinted in the history of gaming (Awesome games like DotA and LoL wouldn't have been here if it weren't for Warcraft III) This game definitely deserves a 100/100.
  50. Apr 14, 2013
    Fantastic game. Improved on everything that Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos needed to be improved in. This game was everything and RTS game needs to be. Nice looking graphics, high skill cap, fine balance and even had great campaign with interesting story. This game was a great competitive sport for many years.
  51. Apr 18, 2013
    There's nothing wrong with this game. If you like real time strategy, Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne does it without breaking a sweat.

I tried playing the single player campaign, but I could never get over the "what's the point?" phase. This game still had an active community a few years ago when I played it. The only time you're going to be pressed to find the 8 player games is when it's very early in the morning.

The negatives of the game is the personalities of the people playing it, but you can't discredit the game because of that.
  52. May 16, 2013
    the best game ever nothing beats warcraft 3 stragy its the best game ever i have 100 of hours in this game maybe 1000 hours i know right but there is that much to do get it now go to the store and get it go
  53. Nov 8, 2013
    The one and only expansion to Warcraft III which just further cemented its place as the best RTS. It added to the base game's campaigns, units etc but most importantly further improved the Map Editor. Allowing even better and varied custom maps to be created by players for other players.
  54. Nov 12, 2013
    Simply a masterpiece in every possible way. It even spawned a whole new genre of games, the MOBA genre. Amazing graphics, sound, characters, UI and a solid campaign make TFT one of the best expansions ever made. 10/10
  55. gic
    Jan 3, 2014
    Blizzard's epic universe not only pioneers balanced multiplayer but also is one of the best RTS titles of all time. Even once you've completed every bit of single player and got bored of it's classic multiplayer, don't worry because the great modding community will keep you occupied.
  56. Jun 29, 2014
    One of the best real time strategy games in it's time. Multiplayer experience was better than 10/10. Its mods spawned many modern day games including Dota 2 and League of Legends.
  57. Dec 30, 2013
    It's a great expansion to the W3 Reign of the Chaos ,adding more heroes, units abilities and such even in 2013 the game is still worth playing
    The new storyline is wellmade
  58. Jan 17, 2014
    Loved it since I first played it back in 2005, still loving it today. The singleplayer campaign is extremely satisfying for a lorenut like my self, aswell with a pleasing gameplay.
    The singleplayer itself has a good balancing, altho I never played it that much, it is/was great when I played it.
    Battle.net multiplayer is the reason I still stick to this game till this day, just the ability to create maps and host them is fantastic and the immense freedom you have when creating one.
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played.
  59. Aug 18, 2014
    Better than RoC by a slight margin.

Still a Blizzard """""""RTS""""""" with almost no strategising and tons of clicking all and micromanaging. Still not fun to play, or extremely little. Still Arthas is a terrible character. But despite the core problems of RoC being here, I think Frozen Throne did a far better job than its original game. Characters are usually better by a slight
    Better than RoC by a slight margin.

Still Arthas is a terrible character.

But despite the core problems of RoC being here, I think Frozen Throne did a far better job than its original game. Characters are usually better by a slight margin, level design is also slightly better, it's not a big improvement but it's an improvement nonetheless. Everything else that could be said about FT I already said about RoC.
  60. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I dont think..i'm sure that is the Best game for ppl...its old game and need more intteligence and exp...as soon as u can to discover the mystery of this game u cant ignore it :-) Expand
  61. Oct 1, 2014
    This Game is, especially for that time, a VERY nice game, packed with a lot of depth. It didnt wasted a bit of Potential and Im still playing WC3 Mods today.

11/10 "It's okay" - IGN

More than just an expansion - technically, I think the game could be considered a sequel with all the depth that is in the game. If you have Reign of Chaos, this is a must buy for you and RTS fans everywhere.
  2. Manages to fix the balance problems that crept up in WarCraft III, but is unable to fix the fundamental problem. The game remains at an uncomfortable middle-ground between strategy and tactics, not giving enough of either or focusing explicitly on one.
  3. It doesn't change the face of the Warcraft world, but it does bump the experience up another notch. En'shu falah-nah, my brothers. See you on the field of battle.