9.0

1. Dec 7, 2010
    Best RTS game of all time. It's significant editing abilities with the gift of 'World Edit' forces the award of the worlds most Advanced, easy-to-use map making technology within the very grasp of It's palms. The campaign is that of a God, consisting of four unique races to conquer as; all flowing into one story of epicness!
  2. Jun 2, 2011
    Great expansion that made the best RTS ever made, even better. There is no bad word that can be said about it, so 10/10 is the only reasonable rating.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    An amazing game elevated due to it's custom map/modding scene. The online might be dominated by bots and rather empty by now, but it is still fun to play through LAN.
  4. Oct 22, 2011
    CONTAINS SPOILERS !
    This expansion, completes the story of the fallen prince leading him to became "ONE" with the Lich King. One of the best stroy telling in its Genre with an amazing story, Frozen Throne is not an easy game to beat in its single player campaign. One, should play this expansion before starting WOW series inorder to have a full understanding of the events. It is not
    satisfactory to read it from forums since it is important to feel like Arthas before killing him in WOW. Arthas had reasons before walking through his dark path. 10/10 Expand
  5. Mar 7, 2012
    VERY awesome Strategy Game, Just like Starcraft (Both SC1, SC1:BW, SCII:WoL) Just like its predecessor, this game is a huge success. 2003 game still being heavily populated as of 2012. Blizzard made a great game, with a great Lore, which as for the WIII EXPANSION next continuation part, is World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. (Which kept the Lore also), You know i cannot say much... It is Blizzard Entertainment.. They stay true to fans, and they make awesome games. New or old. Thanks Blizz for bringing us this Franchise! (Warcraft, WoW also.) Expand
  6. Apr 5, 2012
    A great expansion pack for an amazing game. If you liked the original game you NEED this expansion pack, no doubts about it. A really good expansion pack.
  7. May 29, 2012
    An awesome expansion to an awesome game. This added some cool new stuff and 3 awesome campaigns to the game, so even though the ending was quite bad, it's still a very good expansion and definitely worth buying.
  8. Aug 1, 2013
    I have no idea why I feel compelled to review this game now. I've just become so disillusioned with current RTS games (Starcraft 2, Wargame AirLand Battle, etc.) that I decided to reinstall Warcraft III.

If you're like me and used to be fully addicted to this game, the blast of nostalgia hits you hard and doesn't let up. The opening cinematic of Warcraft 3 vanilla is a masterpiece and
    gave me chills the first time I saw it. I remember when I was younger I used to watch the preview trailers for WC3 over and over before it came out. I had always been a fan of Warcraft 2 and Starcraft when I was a kid.

This game just has so many alluring aspects. The art is beautiful (The graphics won't blow you away by today's standards, but I still love it) and the concept art for the game is simply incredible. The bright colors and unique characters leave a memorable impression on you.

The four different races (Five if you include the non playable Naga, but I'm sure there are custom maps that allow you to play as them) are all unique and have a powerful, varied array of units. Each race also has four of it's own unique heroes, not to mention the mercenary heroes and units for hire on certain melee maps.

Heroes, in my opinion, are a big part of what made this game so damn fun. As much as I loved the original Starcraft games, the lack of heroes in Starcraft 2 made the game boring. There is nothing more exciting than using your high level Blademaster, decked out with powerful items, to Wind Walk and snipe off enemy workers or heroes. The possibilities are endless. And while the game might not be the most perfectly balanced because of them, heroes just add an awesome little touch of RPG to the RTS genre.

The campaigns are fun and full of side quests and cutscenes. The comprehensive map editor allows an endless stream of unique maps which helped spawn Dota and subsequently League of Legends and Dota 2. The fact that this game was powerful enough to spawn an entirely new genre speaks for itself.

The multiplayer on Battle.net was always the highlight of the game for me. I spent thousands of hours creeping, rushing, pwning newbs and getting pwnd online.

Ultimately, Warcraft III is one of the most classic, colorful, fun, exciting and enduring games of our generation.
  9. Aug 23, 2012
    One of best Games ever made and maybe the best Multiplayer Game ever. Absolutely Amazing. Too bad there is only 1 add on and Blizzard only care about WoW now :) But still enough players on the battle net to play with :! Also the Custom Maps was revolutionary!
  10. Sep 5, 2012
    Simply a great expansion for one of the greatest games ever. Nothing more to add. This is the game that brought the big success that wow now has. If it weren't for war3, I would have never bought wow. This game is that good. A perfect story, perfect multiplayer, perfect meta-game, considering the birthplace of Dota.
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    This game was/is the best in the custom game area. I have never played a rts game with better custom maps and i never will. It is not the best rts i have ever played that honor goes to Total annihilation. But Warcraft 3 is right up there with Starcraft for Blizzard creations.
  12. Dec 13, 2012
    Excellent expansion of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Three new campaigns, plus bonus and custom campaigns; Improved gameplay with healthbars for example, which means much in fast battles; New units and heroes for each race; Rebalanced and rearranged gold cost and unit stats. Well deserved 10/10.
  13. Apr 1, 2013
    I've been playing this game since I was 12 and I've got to say it has an awesome gameplay that would probably last for ages.
    It's, in my opinion, a game that'll be imprinted in the history of gaming (Awesome games like DotA and LoL wouldn't have been here if it weren't for Warcraft III) This game definitely deserves a 100/100.
  14. Apr 14, 2013
    Fantastic game. Improved on everything that Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos needed to be improved in. This game was everything and RTS game needs to be. Nice looking graphics, high skill cap, fine balance and even had great campaign with interesting story. This game was a great competitive sport for many years.
  15. Apr 18, 2013
    There's nothing wrong with this game. If you like real time strategy, Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne does it without breaking a sweat.

I tried playing the single player campaign, but I could never get over the "what's the point?" phase. This game still had an active community a few years ago when I played it. The only time you're going to be pressed to find the 8 player games is when it's
    very early in the morning.

The negatives of the game is the personalities of the people playing it, but you can't discredit the game because of that.
  16. May 16, 2013
    the best game ever nothing beats warcraft 3 stragy its the best game ever i have 100 of hours in this game maybe 1000 hours i know right but there is that much to do get it now go to the store and get it go
  17. Oct 30, 2013
    One of the best games ever made in 2000, it made a lot of great improvements of the first games mechanics, and as always has the same Blizzard formula that made Starcraft great. The new units and heroes are alright, and some of them improve some of their factions short comings. The story is quite moving, but the ending isn't what you'd expect, but if you know Blizzard you would know why its made that way. Expand
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    The one and only expansion to Warcraft III which just further cemented its place as the best RTS. It added to the base game's campaigns, units etc but most importantly further improved the Map Editor. Allowing even better and varied custom maps to be created by players for other players.
  19. Nov 12, 2013
    Simply a masterpiece in every possible way. It even spawned a whole new genre of games, the MOBA genre. Amazing graphics, sound, characters, UI and a solid campaign make TFT one of the best expansions ever made. 10/10
  20. gic
    Jan 3, 2014
    Blizzard's epic universe not only pioneers balanced multiplayer but also is one of the best RTS titles of all time. Even once you've completed every bit of single player and got bored of it's classic multiplayer, don't worry because the great modding community will keep you occupied.
  21. Dec 30, 2013
    It's a great expansion to the W3 Reign of the Chaos ,adding more heroes, units abilities and such even in 2013 the game is still worth playing
    The new storyline is wellmade
  22. Jan 17, 2014
    Loved it since I first played it back in 2005, still loving it today. The singleplayer campaign is extremely satisfying for a lorenut like my self, aswell with a pleasing gameplay.
    The singleplayer itself has a good balancing, altho I never played it that much, it is/was great when I played it.
    Battle.net multiplayer is the reason I still stick to this game till this day, just the
    ability to create maps and host them is fantastic and the immense freedom you have when creating one.
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played.

More than just an expansion - technically, I think the game could be considered a sequel with all the depth that is in the game. If you have Reign of Chaos, this is a must buy for you and RTS fans everywhere.
  2. Manages to fix the balance problems that crept up in WarCraft III, but is unable to fix the fundamental problem. The game remains at an uncomfortable middle-ground between strategy and tactics, not giving enough of either or focusing explicitly on one.
  3. It doesn't change the face of the Warcraft world, but it does bump the experience up another notch. En'shu falah-nah, my brothers. See you on the field of battle.