8.0

1. Apr 2, 2013
    Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. One of the best free to play games I've played. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo.
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    It seemed like a pretty good game, but after a few hours in its flaws became readily apparent. First off, I kept asking myself, didn't I just play that level? Because I pretty much did just play that level. It's the same thing, over and over and over and over and over again.
    Even then, the movement and combat mechanics seemed pretty awesome. If that was the only thing I was basing my
    rating on, that would be an 8.5.
    But the real kicker to the groin is the real money system. $20 will get you a cheap warframe, a weapon, and some respawns. (So if you die a lot, you end up having to pay just to continue playing the game)
    If you really want everything, you can pay $260, and you after some time you may end up spending even more money.
    Their greed has completely ruined what could have been great. If, instead of charging us large sums for absolutely nothing, they had provided a wealth of content and charged us reasonable prices, they could have had a gold mine, but right now the game tailors to spoiled rich kids.
  3. Apr 24, 2013
    I had a lot of fun with the game for the first few days, so it pains me to have to write such a scathing review and score it so low. Let's start on a high note with the pros:

+Fun gameplay with a lot of different methods of customization. Modding your weapons, warframe(character), and sentinel(Pet) provides a lot of different avenues for progression.
    +There are (I believe)12 warframes
    to pick from, though you only get access to 3 out of the box.
    +You can potentially get access to all the content in the game w/o spending any money, excluding cosmetics such as colors.
    +A welcoming community and a section of the forum dedicated to helping new players and gets a respectable amount of traffic

And now the low note. This is going to hurt, Warframe, but try to grit your teeth.
    ---If you do decide to spend money on the game, you'll find Warframe has one of the most expensive premium shops around. Buying a warframe can cost up to 25 dollars! Getting access to more than 18 colors(Not as many as it sounds) is 5$ a piece, and weapons range 5-15$!

-----After you've spent hours farming the cash and crafting mats to build a weapon or warframe, you have to wait 12-72 hours for it to finish "building". But wait! If you spend a paultry 25-50 plat(The least plat you can buy is 5$ for 70 plat, the cheapest weapons, colors, and warframes being 75 plat, btw) you can rush it to get your hard-earned buy immediately. A laughably obvious inconvenience forced on the players in order to promote buying premium currency

-The combat gets dull, after a while. The AI is pretty primitive, even for an indie game. Melee is gimmicky and with knockbacks and stuns abound, you're better off just keeping distance and picking enemies off. The game mistakes punishment for difficulty, if you're not careful it's very easy to be "stunlocked" to death, with very little you can do about it.

-Expect a Diablo-level grind. The whole game is a grind and the only goal is to grind more, all the bosses are bullet sponges with little to no difficulty, the Infected(An enemy faction) are generally the hardest enemies you will fight, and that's only because of the stunlocking mentioned above.

-Even though there are lots of options and customization, the game is plagued with balance issues. The Hek, Lex, and Dual Heat Blades will be the only weapon loadout you'll ever need. Half the cast can't even compete with other much stronger, more versatile Warframes. Health, Armor, and critical hit/damage mods are almost completely useless.

-The levels are reused constantly. It's not uncommon to play on the same level multiple times within one short gaming session.

-The handling leaves a lot to be desired. The game tries to be Assassin's Creed/Darksiders but it just doesn't have the polish things like wallrunning, sliding, and complex maneuvers need to function. Very rarely will you pull off super awesome stunts your friends will be wowed by. Once you get into the higher level content it all boils down to cover shooting because you just will not survive being in the middle of the grinder.

To sum it all up, you pay out the ass for the conveniences premium currency offers, the game gets stale and very grindy, very quickly. I've read people praising the massive updates but they apply sweeping changes that completely alter the game, keeping it in a perpetual state of imbalance.
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    *CLAPS* nicely done.... Crisis had sex with ninja gaiden and forth bread Warframe :D Lol that's how i see it anyways love it addicted to it, became my new daily play game XD
  5. Jul 8, 2013
    Played for 60+ hours before quitting. I reached the point were I was just farming stuff over and over and wasn't having fun. Positive: -Game graphics look Great -big selection of weapons -good selection of warframes -large amount of missions -able to get most items without spending real life money -fun for first little bit until you have replaced all your starting weapons
    -Skills are pretty much exact same on different frames with different strength and slight variations to graphics to make them look different. (excalibur last skill kills stuff in ring around you with lances, saryn kills things in ring around you with poison, ash slashes people in a circle around you... realize a pattern here?)

- Everything is overpriced or a cash grab(more than most mmos)... Last patch they added 3 colors into their store with different shades (red, white and blue) for 4th of July and charge 5$ for it, 10-15$ for weapons and up to 20$ for the good frames

-boss fights aren't really boss like. a boss run online takes about 3 minutes and 80% of that is running to the boss and to the exit (while ignoring mobs)

-mod variety is pretty nice but you stick to pretty much exact same build for each one

-no real customization besides colors (your frame and weapons are the same as everyone else's)

-only a few of the weapons are really used (boltor,latron,paris,hek)

-semi autos kill your finger. dual semi auto pistols have a clip of 30 and can hold 200+ rounds and you can only fire bullets one click at a time. is fine in most shooters but most shooters don't have 300 or more enemies in some of the games.

-missions are extremely repetitive and have the share the same layout

-storyline... not really much of one, you kind of bounce back and forth killing people in different areas. boss has a bit of a back story to explain why you are killing him but majority of missions have almost no explanation and just a goal.

- hosts can lag really bad and if you are a bad host player you can't choose to let someone else host

-game is mostly farming oriented with no real end game. you gather materials to build different weapons (eventually reaching the point where you just build weapons for the sake of building weapons) then you farm mods(weapon and frame buffs) which you fuse to other mods

-if you have a rare blueprint, mod or item drop you must finish the entire mission. If you need to leave because of real life, internet crashes, fail the mission, the game crashes because of your setting or because its in beta and is unstable your screwed out of the drop.

Overall:
    Good for killing time but not worth sinking money into it.
  6. Mar 26, 2013
    I've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) The leveling system recently underwent a massive change, which made the game more challenging. It also opened up a much wider spectrum of upgrade possibilities than was available previously. The game still has some small room for improvement, but it is a heck of a lot of fun to play--and it's FREE!! Strongly recommended. Expand
  7. Mar 26, 2013
    The gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as a lv1). You get a maximum of 5000 credits if you farm the first boss for an item he drops worth 2500 credits 100% of the time. Building a new Warframe is also a chore, it costs 35k for the master blueprint, you then have to farm the specific boss for blueprints for helmet, chassis and systems. Not only will this take forever because of poor droprates, the parts also cost 25k each to build and 24 hours build time. You then have to build the Warframe for 25k more with a build time of 72 hours. We're already at 135k, but it doesn't end there! You also need an 'Orokin Reactor' to supercharge your Warframe, or you will be stuck at 50% of it's maximum potential. These only drop from rare alerts that have special rewards, with those Reactors being just about the rarest to come by. Once you finally get the blueprint for that, it takes another 35k to build that. So we're at 170k for a second Warframe. Couple this with MAYBE max 40k an hour for farming, and you're grinding the same mission over and over for at least 4.5 hours. Everything takes months in this game without spending real life money, for which in game items have a ridiculous price. Buying the pack for the Warframe 'Frost' (1 Warframe, 1 primary, 1 secondary and 1 melee) costs a whopping 60 USD. I can easily buy 5 great games for that kind of money in Steam sales which won't bore me to tears like Warframe does. Expand
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    Fun, fast-paced combat, strong tactical elements, good graphics, and it's very easy to run. Plus, co-op online games are hard to come by. Awesome art direction; it kind of reminds me of the Rengoku psp games, but obviously with higher production values. And this is free! You really can't go wrong with free, especially since the game so far seems to be genuinely high quality. Don't let the people who play the first two missions and dislike it discourage you; the first couple missions are basically extended tutorials, and are kind of boring. It starts ramping up after that. Expand
  9. Apr 24, 2013
    It was fun for the first few days then when I realized I hit the end of their content at the last unexplored planet I got bored very fast. The other warframes just aren't really anything to obsess over and work farming several weeks for. Sorry but they just not unique enough especially when the game is so easy and hey arn't even needed anyway. Same thing goes for the weapons. Boring and not worth farming for after you hit the end of the content. If you want me to grind the repetitive levels endlessly for weeks to get something to drop you have to make it worth doing. That said it's free to play. I didn't expect much, didn't get much, and lost nothing but time. Oh well... Expand
  10. May 17, 2013
    A basically very simple game. That can rightfully be accused of being rather shallow and repetitious. So why the hell im I still playing it after 50hrs? I think its because:
    1) Subject matter is cool My Space ninja is gonna slap ya crappy steampunk back into the 80's!
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel.
    3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the
    matchmaking. Missions are fast paced, but everyone seems chilled and tolerant of newbie starters.
    4) But mainly its because its fun to play. Controls are solid, as is the gunplay. Melee is a bit frantic, but there is nothing wrong with it.
    5) Its free (ish). But I don't think they quite understood the idea of MICRO transactions. The store is very expensive which I think will harm the game in the long run. Its probably at least double what most people would expect. Although I would normally buy some initial credits to support the game writer, here its just to expensive to feel comfortable with.

Overall, I think this is a great game to grab the odd 30mins on here and there. Play for free, and I cant see how you could be disappointed!
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    The graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on good systems... But so far, pretty nice! Give it a try! It only has 1,6 GB... I leave with a 6/10, to be changed in the future...

For now it is only "above average", nothing more, nothing less..
  12. Apr 5, 2013
    I found Warframe uninspired, boring, and uncompelling (although the skinner boxes were clearly apparent and undisguised). The UI was horrible. For example, after gaining a level in a weapon, a button related to it would flash even though there was nothing you could do with it if you clicked that button, and clicking it would not make it stop flashing. By default, if you attempted to start a mission, it would drop you into someone else's already-in-progress mission with no explanation and not tell you what had already happened. There's also no explanation of how to use the UI, or install mods, so you're left to figure that out yourself, and not informed when you're able to do so. If you don't explore all the menus and realize what the numbers mean, you won't realize you can equip your first power (or later powers, although they take exponentially more levels to gain, and I stopped before getting them).

The first time I tried to start the first mission, it dropped me into one which another player had nearly completed, and completed it without my assistance, and I was left with the impression that the levels were one small deck, lasted about 2 minutes, and had no sensible instructions because that was all I saw until I realized what had happened and started the mission again on single-player (which is still hosted by their servers). They're actually much bigger, and randomly generated, and you do get a minimum of instructions as you start each game, and as it goes on. But if you just join a game you get thrown into it in the middle it doesn't bother to matchmake players and start new games with them, it just throws you into existing ones.

The enemies, at least for the beginning two or three missions, are all identical, shooting them in the head does not kill them (it does slightly more damage), and yet they were not particularly entertaining to fight and the only real concerns were not to let them get close, and "where the hell are these red balls that keep appearing on me and exploding coming from?"

I also ran into half a dozen bugs, some extremely frustrating, in the first 5 minutes I tried the game, which is amazing (I ran into none in a week of playing War Thunder, and it too is in beta, and nothing approaching that bug density in PS2's beta). (It got better after I uninstalled the game, waited a couple days, reinstalled it, and tried it again with no other players but the game is supposed to be about playing with other people, not singleplayer, so if it's buggy with other people, that's a problem)

So: Lack of attention to bugs, terrible UI, no explanation of the UI or how to install mods, powers do not automatically become available as you level up, matchmaking drops you into the middle or end of missions that you have never played before, skinner boxes, non-compelling gameplay, and I did not even mention all the things with gameplay benefits (better weapons, etc) that you can only acquire with real money. Some items can be acquired with in-game points, some can not, and if the amount of 'platinum' currency they give you to start with is equivalent to $10, then those items must be extremely overpriced (because they're more expensive).
  13. Apr 6, 2013
    This game has a good idea behind it, and its obvious that a huge amount of work went into the graphics and gameplay. Sadly, the product is a jakny mess, with melee combat feeling as smooth as driving a forklift, the guns lacking satisfying punch, and several of the warframe class based abilities being downright useless (loki, Im looking at you) this game is in dire need of some polish. Add to that the problem of hideously occurring environments and enemies, and you have a great looking, great sounding game which leaves me just wanting something more. I feel like the problem was that the dev team made the game, complete with assets and game logic, without asking the opinion of anyone NOT involved with the project. Were I making a passion project, and just wanted to make a butt-baby of MGS and Ninja Gaiden, this would be a visually acceptable result. However, I, personally, dont have all that much attachment to this game's visuals (well made though they may be), so the game's numerous and glaring gameplay flaws force me to give this game a 4. Expand
  14. Sep 13, 2013
    Two words: 1. Repetitive. 2. Grinding.
    Alot.
    The level design is incredibly boring and you only shoot and slice with your katana/sword/thingy.
    I really did not appreciate this game after 1-2 hours of gameplay. And it took forever to get ANYTHING. Not even a single weapon or upgrade after 2,5 hours gameplay. Not even an item to build.

Not recommending. But since it's free, try it.
  15. Jul 27, 2013
    free-2-play remains the most disingenuous phrase in the history of gaming and the evidence is mounting. yet people still walk into it face-first, like cattle into a chute to be slaughtered. and then they beg for more.

twenty real-world dollars to buy a single gun in the game and you feel like you're being treated fairly? oh sure, that's not another fascist, money-bleeding, consumer
    rip-off.

if you have any common sense, you'll leave this for the rubes and let these parasitic game publishers prey on someone else. you just can't help some people...
  16. Apr 18, 2013
    Really disappointed in this game. The characters design are uninspired, the weapons lack any kind of punch, the melee system is really buggy. Worse, the action seems sluggish, the gameplay can be summed up by "Walking on a straight line shooting thingees" with some "Crouch behind a wall to reload", and you've seen most of the enemies after 2 hours of gameplay.

In the end, it appears to
    me like a shinier version of the ME3 multiplayer, without the fun. Shame. Expand
  17. Apr 18, 2013
    Summary: Warframe is a third-person action shooter free to play that is somewhat pay to win. Regardless of trying to avoid the cash shop you still have to to get extra slots for your Warframes and Guns which is much needed as you play further. The difficulty of the game also hangs in the balance on your credit card balance. So I enjoyed the game and paid 50 dollars to be a founder to get a new Warframe and some value Platinum and restarted and soloed at the beginning with this new Frame with weapons bought from Cash Shop and was it a lot easier over my first Warframe that had massive amounts of difficulty on the first parts. As you get further though all Cash Shop weapons are purchasable even by in-game money but you have to build most of the awesome ones via blueprints.

Graphics and Visuals: There is nothing truly outstanding in this game that you haven't seen before. Nothing really game breaking or amazing. The bloom though is overtoned to the point where I had to turn it off because White Warframes are blindly bright.

Sound, Music, and Voice Acting: Nothing you haven't heard before. Guns go boom. Enemies scream. There is one hilarious thing where you capture people and they are just screaming their heads off though it'll get tiring after awhile. The music may be repetitive but I never get tired of it! It gets me pumped and is truly amazing. The drums and the beat just gets you pumped and wanting to shoot everything! Voice acting... well... there's not much to go by here. The game has some stupid alerts though. I mean really irrelevant like telling me what type bad guys are up ahead but later in the game that becomes useful as you'll run into a variety of them. One thing that was really stupid was saying "Something is wrong, there is a heavy unit approaching." I'M SHOOTING UP THEIR ENTIRE BASE/SHIP! Of course something is wrong!

Story: This is non existent. Seriously. Bad guys are taking over the universe. You are a killer robot. Stop them. After that... yep nothing.

Difficulty and Replay Value: You won't see any real challenge if you use the cash shop at the start. This game will be extremely hard at the start and end if you don't use it. The end game gets a lot harder with or without cash shop. This game is extremely repetitive but it keeps my interest so it is hit or miss for people. You shoot you run you rinse and repeat until you complete the 1 of 5 different objectives.

Multiplayer: Well it's an MMO... there is no PvP and I'd certainly hope so because only certain guns are worth using and are overpowered. Not to mention those who buy via cash shop would have an unfair advantage early levels.

Overall: This game is nothing special and nothing great. It's a game that will either stick to you or not. I enjoy the game so I like it but... even then my score isn't going to be biased. It's a 4 out of 10... because... well it's nothing game breaking or new... I just really enjoy being a killer robot lol.
  18. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is nothing but a soulless third person shooter. There is absolutely no storyline. They didn't even try to write something. You are that and that and shoot them. Why? Who cares? SHOOT THEM! Okay. I've seen games like that... like L4D2. But that was awesome because of the lot of guns and the lot of cool enemies to shoot the hell out of. And one big stab... This game is repetitive as hell... You go on a mission. The place looks cool... but if you play on that one little place again for the 16th mission. It is just absolutely stupid, boring and as I said soulless. You shouldn't play this game. Not a second. If you want to have a Co-op third person fun time then play Gears of War. 10 times better. Expand
  19. Jun 22, 2013
    a great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as they add more to the game keeping it fresh. it is well worth downloading and hey its free and still better than a lot of games coming out now for cash Expand
  20. Sep 14, 2013
    Yet another disappointing free to play game. What is it nowadays with these games overcomplicating everything? Nobody cares about story or context. No-one wants to spend time in unintuitive user interfaces. A free-to-play should be instant jump in and play without the need for a tutorial. Warframe is yet another brick in the wall of free to play games that make no effort to attract your attention unless you are willing to play it for hundreds of hours. The graphics are horrible, controls aren't smooth and general gameplay is dull. Expand
  21. Mar 28, 2013
    Really fun game, really fast-paced, and with a shockingly good style. It doesn't feel like a free game at all; it's polished and responsive. However, it is free. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but not enough for me to bother knocking off a point. It's also only like 1.2 GB, so the download is fast. Usually games with small downloads have either minimal content, or bad graphics. Not the case here; there's tons of content, and the graphics are actually quite impressive. It looks better in person than the screenshots do, because of all the nice specular effects, reflections, and glowing things.

Also, you can wall-run, and it doesn't even feel like a cheap anime wall-run. Any game that manages to make wall-running seem serious and realistic deserves cookies.

Keep in mind, I also enjoyed Rengoku and Dark Souls, two games known for requiring long, difficult persistence to get anywhere meaningful, so this game may seem monotonous to you if you played Dark Souls or Rengoku and thought they were boring.
  22. Aug 27, 2013
    Honestly, the only reason I gave it a 3 is because there aren't a lot of games like this, especially F2P's. However, that doesn't mean I had any fun whatsoever running around like a maniac completing mindless quests and mashing buttons. The controls are wonky, the enemies are stupid, and the weapons aren't very inspiring. But SPACE NINJAS! If that's enough for you, I recommend this game, otherwise it's about as deep as a teaspoon and less fun. Expand
  23. Jun 18, 2013
    Generic run and gun action game. Difficult to tell any characters apart, very bland design. Enemies uninteresting. The focus is more on shooting than on the powers you are supposed to have making it quite generic. Levels are maze like and frustrating. There is no way to know what the drops/ pickups do so you never know if something is worth it. UI and controls don't feel natural, you often don't know what you are supposed to press to do something. Not really worth your time. Expand
  24. May 9, 2013
    A massive grind, repetitive game-play, lack of character customizing options and very limited world graphics, Warframe is nothing more then another Scifi shooter with role playing elements tacked on. Controls feel loose and broken. Lack of a cover system makes the game even worse.

Don't bother, play something else.
  25. Apr 30, 2013
    The game, for the first started out as very nice, and then suddenly became very boring and repetitive. The three enemy classes are just copy pasted everywhere on repetitive missions.
    The community consists of piss poor people who can't afford hardware upgrades. 8 out of 10 matches you see are horridly laggy to the point where you can just go afk and earn credit/experience rewards. You
    quite often see posts like 'omg performance so poor I have dual core/pentium/integrated chipset etc etc'. Horrible scaling with even decent hardware. With several enemies on screen, I with an i7 3930k 4.0Ghz,GTX-Titan see drops to 25fps. Horrible optimization. GPU usage never goes above 20%.
    People say they're the best devs, but they can't even fix an annoying issue like screen shake. They're worse than Crytek in all respects.
    Totally unbalanced weapons, and a weak mod system which requires begging to God and non-stop 24/7 grinding. Meleeing feels weak at best.
    Solo mode spawns soo many enemies on you, and most of the smaller units stunlock you before you can move a muscle.
    I am surprised at people who spent 250$ on a grand master package in which they could have easily afforded a better system. Its seriously laughable.
  26. May 26, 2013
    Right now, the game has so little content it's not even worth mentioning, the platinum amount you pay for a single weapon or gear is absurd, and the warframes don't feel any different from each other at all, you only have the look and 4 different abilities, of which some of them are copy and paste on some characters. The gameplay is repetitive, the bosses aren't challenging and for that it won't last you a very good time. However, the developers are doing a great job taking feedback, and for that i have great expectations for the future of warframe, but right now, it isn't a pretty good game at all. Expand
  27. Aug 4, 2013
    Amazing gameplay and graphics. But Lord o Lord it gets boring quickly. First of all, there is nothing in the game that is challenging in terms of difficulty. You could pretty much walk through enemies and bosses and laugh at how easy they die. The levels, bar some variations are pretty much the same and enemies variation is lacking to say the least. The loot, which we all love and cherish is uninspired and boring. It basically consists of the same weapons plans and mods with no variations to power. The game could have inspired itself from random loot generation in the likes of Diablo and Borderlands, but decided otherwise. This pretty much means everyone has the same weapons, the same mods and the same warframes which in my opinion provides no attachment to the character or sense of character uniqueness to the player. Last but not least is the cash shop. While I got a bundle at -75% steam summer sale, the normal prices are just too steep for any player. In addition, the only access to platinum (the currency used to purchase weapons and warframes directly, i.e. without crafring) is through the cash shop, contrary to some other f2p games where it is possible to gain small amount of the coveted currency through challenges or as rewards for difficult content.
    All in all, it is a good game to try and the free to play model should be incentive enough to try it out. But I would not spend more time on it since its novelty wears down pretty quickly.
  28. Aug 14, 2013
    The game bills itself as being an "open beta," but it's cash shop is up and running. It would appear the only thing actually in beta is the updater, which keeps myself and others from even playing this game with it's constant, looping failures. The "It's free to play, what do you expect?" argument doesn't actually excuse it of it's shortcomings, and taking the "It's in beta, what do you expect?" argument is even worse with the context that they're willing to charge you for features.

I haven't even been able to try the game, so maybe it's got some great game play, but from what I've read, I'm not missing out. Watching the update bar fill and reset in the updater has not been a fun experience, and while it's been monetarily free, I would like to demand a refund of my time; this game owes me a small portion of my life back. This review is for a product that literally does not work at all for some people, so it's getting a zero.
  29. Sep 6, 2013
    My my... where do I begin with Warframe...

Let's start with the good things first, because this game does have a few. It's a nice idea; I've always wanted to be a ninja in deep space. The ability to craft stuff is good too, and the level design, aesthetically at least, is rather well done.

Now to the bad things, and strap yourselves in, because there are lots and lots of critical
    flaws.

Let's start with the aesthetic, or lack thereof; this game, even on the highest settings, looks awful. Half the time I didn't know what I was looking at.

The sound design is terrible. The guns do not feel like guns in anyway, and the voice acting is practically criminal.

The level design is linear, cramped and doesn't explore the main mechanic of the game being a ninja. Please tell me how I am supposed to be a ninja in the corridor of a spaceship? You better get used to it too, because the levels are pretty much corridor, room, corridor, room, corridor, with no variation inbetween.

On the topic of the guns, none of them have any recoil, or anything, really. There's not really much reason to use anything else other than reading the stats and deciding which of the only slightly different weapons you prefer.

The UI is probably one of the worst I've seen since ArmA II. I spent about an hour figuring out how to craft, and still to this day, I have not worked it out.

The game is far too easy. I am roughly five hours in and I still have not received anything close to a challenge. This is reinforced by the all the enemies having severe mental defects. There are two types of AI, the ones that run straight at you, and the ones that stand in the same place and shoot you.

The game also has one of the worst transaction models I've seen. You get two starting characters. Want another? Sure. £20, please. A weapon? £5.

The whole "ninja" thing is clunky and not well designed, many a time did I find myself stuck to a locker in a corridor full of enemies. Luckily for me, the enemies seem to just be using BB guns.

Warframe is bad game. Some people will say "Oh, it's still in beta, it's allowed to be bad". It's not, it's allowed to be bad if bugs are breaking it, but the core gameplay mechanics are. It's worth nothing more than to get the trading cards on Steam, and then just leaving it to rust away.
  30. Apr 12, 2013
    Beta is beta people.. I was playing the game back when every mission had roughtly the same content so I waited a couple weeks and now there's a ton of new scenery. Thats kind of how beta's work, they are actively adding content to the game so reserve your negative reviews till launch. Then they are valid. Moving on, warframe is kind of the sweet spot for me and I am guessing a lot of gamers. First off having a coop only game was a pretty bold move and I would say it's a resounding success, so kudo's for that. While this game does make you wonder how cool pvp would be it still stands, imo, solidly as it is. I love so far how the game unfolds and how you slowly discover abilities of the warframe as you gain familiarity especially as regards advanced wallrunning and combat. Last night I realized I could power up my main abilities by fusing mods so I torqued up a sprint mod and got in a higher lvl mission with some more experienced players. I was flying through the objectives doing crazy wall running trying to keep up with these guys who knew all the shortcuts.. So much fun, being a space ninja has never been this badass. The art style is reminiscent of manga, but in a good way, because some manga is terri-bad. There is a nice diversity of warframes, weapons and playstyles available which should keep things interesting for some time. Also new content like dojos, clan structering, etc.. is in the works. The f2p model is working for me so far though expect to grind for new stuff which instead of buying outright you buy a blueprint for and then find crafting materials on missions to create content in your foundry, a main menu crafting screen.
    The high pointsfor me here are the slick art direction and music, space ninja theme in a variety of deadly flavors(stealth to hulk) and rpg elements that hardcore gamers crave. I don't knowk, games tend to all go stale on me after two months so if I at least get that I'm happy and I expect too. Play this game!
  31. Oct 22, 2013
    No matter how fun or interesting Warframe looks to someone who hasn't played it yet after playing it for over 60 hours its really neither of those. The constant reusing of level layouts will become apparent after a few missions and the MMO style ''kill dozens upon dozens of the same faceless mobs grinding will make the missions seems even more repetitive when you need about a days worth of grind plus the manufacturing time which is minimum 12 hours and can get up to days depending on the item on new weapons and warframes.
    And imo the most important aspect of this game that should be highlighted is the fact that the developers are giving hints of making this game P2W. I will explain:
    Warframes are basically the characters you play as each having very different stats and powers to make them unique. They can be bough from the cashshop or farmed from the different bosses in the game which although takes a lot of time I am fine with The interesting part comes in the fact that in the time of writing this review there are 3 warframes with the tag ''Prime'' basically very hard to make versions of existing warframes ).
    One of them is a TIMED EXCLUSIVE BUY ONLY version of Excalibur. Looking at the free ones you would think that the only difference between a prime and non-prime would be looks and polarities bonus stats for equibable items and seeing as polarities have a free version way of getting them you would ask me what the problem was seeing as apparently the only thing a free user would lose is the looks of the Excalibur Prime. Unfortunately that is not true the Excalibur Prime has a higher shield regeneration than its counterpart something which the other 2 FARMABLE PRIMES don't have.
    In conclusion I would recommend anyone thinking of trying this out to keep in mind the extreme repetitiveness of missions both in layout and objectives, the very long time required just to get new weapons and warframes and most importantly the fact that developer has shown signs of giving this game which has PVP MODE items that are buy only which are better than the free versions making it P2W.
  32. Mar 30, 2013
    Combine Mass Effect with Diablo, add some ninjas, and Warframe is what comes out. Structured around 4-man instanced missions, Warframe has a large variety of map objectives with random secondaries being added during the mission. Overall, the randomization is pretty strong, piecing together gigantic levels that are easy to get lost in. Exploration is rewarded with rare mats, bonus cash, and EXP for all your equipment. The leveling system doesn't increase the stats of your gear but instead how many mods you can slot into your equip (and how strong); combined with a low level cap of 30 (for each gear piece), it's easy for new players to jump in while veterans are rewarded with stronger mods. Everything in the cash shop, apart from skins & colors, are purchasable in game or are craftable. My only major complaint right now is that the environment variety is a bit slim. Overall, Warframe is a well balanced third person shooter with tons of customization and replay value. Expand
  33. May 28, 2013
    This game is a mmofps co-op i dont know what to say but the game sound is terribe like bf series,turud turdur tudur boom boom bam boom,yeah this is how the music plays in combat and the enemies like that,merr miarr merr,this game needs improvements the craft system is ok,the menu is bad i loved the old menu like you had info of the mission but now you dont you only see info on events if you press the event at the ALERT tab i dont recommend this game it's a bad game i will get back on the release Expand
  34. Dec 9, 2013
    I would have given it a "1" for effort but after all the deception and abuse of the customers I just can not.
    Currently there are 27 pages including 540 postings by extremely angry players of this game on the Warframe forums regarding the ill treatment we have received at the hands of this company.
    - Free to play?
    Before you invest your time and money in this potentially wonderful but
    actually disappointing game please read on.
    Welcome to Warframe where you will be asked to invest real money to buy in game platinum currency which is used in a nonrefundable manner to purchase items that improve your otherwise useless "free" weaponry.
    Then watch your weaponry (for which you have paid real money) get arbitrarily destroyed by nerfing. While new items are then offered to you in the market for real cash to replace your now useless weapons.
    Alternatively you will be asked to grind out 100 missions in a "special Event" for a promised reward weapon.
    You do the grind you get a nice weapon that looks worth investing real cash in in order to make it a respectable end game weapon. Then weeks later after spending your real money and wihtout any warning the nice weapon you got gets basically destroyed by a major nerf from the developers and the weapon is simply no longer useful.
    This has been a recurring theme for this game for months now and the veteran gamers are extremely unhappy with this business model.
    The developers have repeatedly encouraged players to spend real money on an allegedly F2P game to get decent weaponry and then they have repeatedly trashed those weapons to the point of uselessness only to introduce a new weapon for real currency rinse and repeat.

Case in point a weapon called the Soma offered for sale for real cash and a weapon slot purchased for real money weapon purchased then subsequently the stats significantly change from the purchased weapon stats rendering it far worse and in fact useless in many parts of the game.
    Case in point -
    A weapon called the strunwraith shotgun offered as a reward for time invested in special event which the developers used to test a new game format.
    Event done weapon awarded then subsequently "nerfed" to the point of being put back on the shelf. Oh yes this weapon also consumed real cash for a weapon slot and for upgrades to make it truly useful.
    Current Case in point -
    A weapon called the Brakk again an event reward for running over 100 missions! 100 mission! That is a HUGE investment.
    And again the warframe developers arbitrarily ruined the weapon after many people had invested real cash upgrading it too.

The behavior of the game developer here, DE, is at best abusive and indifferent to the gaming community. But it also constitutes engaging in deceptive and unethical business practice.
    I would strongly encourage the gaming community to avoid spending any more real cash on this game until a little well deserved respect is shown and this reprehensible bait and switch business practice is terminated .
    If you don't believe me then go to the warframe forums page and read the now 27 pages of 540 postings of extremely angry gamers. It says way more than I ever could.
    Avoid this game like the plague.
  35. Jul 19, 2013
    Space ninjas jumping off walls and kicking butt! whats not to like? the graphics are great and the level of combat is awesome.. people say that the cash shop is expensive but aside from the colors and cosmetics EVERYTHING can be earned by playing the game... the only downside I have seen is grinding (isn't every mmo game like that?) anyways because of that I would have gave this game like 8..mabey 9 but I gave it 10 because the developers that made this game LISTEN to the players! unlike sooo many others... Expand
  36. Mar 28, 2013
    One of my favorite online games at the moment, and guess what, ITS FREE! Love everything about this game, graphics are beautiful, gameplay is simple and very addictive, the online works very well when joining squads, customization is of a high standard and there's lots of different tenno's to play with and weapons also. I say, when you've got a good feel of the game and are doing well, buy some platinum to spend on new things, because hey, honestly, I would have payed around $50 dollars if this game wasn't a free to play game. Amazing game, free and enjoyable! Download it! Expand
  37. Jun 3, 2013
    Let me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think the grinding and crafting systems are harsh, let me tell you you haven't played enough F2P games.
    You should take Warframe for what it is- a run'n'gun time with friends whenever you have a break. and how comes none mentioned the stunning particle effects? It looks like a tech demo at times!
  38. Mar 28, 2013
    Surprisingly decent and fleshed out game for a f2p-action "shooter". However,there are quite a few problems with it right now. (check the review date)

Cons: Warframe is essentially a mix of shooter and hack and slash ninja melee combat that works quite well....up until you get to the harder levels and get matched up with braindead teammates against bulletsponging enemies. And that's
    where the main problem of this game (at least right now) is: The matchmaking is absolutely awful. You'll get thrown into running matches,sometimes right at the end of a mission or spawned in the middle of a huge enemy group, often unable to do anything before you get downed. Also,LAG. No dedicated servers. If the host of a match has bad connection, you will suffer from debilitating lag and teleporting enemies. And let me warn you of this right now: Soloplay is extremely hard and often simply impossible due to the spawns of enemies and damage they dish out. If you're downed and you have no teammates, you're instantly dead. You *can* revive yourself 4 times a day, but most missions are simply too hard to tackle solo right now. You *could* do the majority of missions stealthily,but again,the matchmaking strikes. Once you're teamed up with randoms,forget about stealth gameplay. They'll charge right into the enemy you're just creeping up on,raising alarm and ruining your chances of stealth for the rest of the mission.

Pros: The occasional match is *really* fun,and if you can find decent groups (basically,if you're lucky or have friends you can play with), this game can be an absolute blast. There's different ninja-esque moves that you can pull off like wallrunning,sliding and backflipping,and you can combine these different moves while not losing control over your character. This makes for some awesome moments as the moves feel really fluid and you can shoot while executing them. There's a lot of customization and rpg-elements, each weapon can be leveled and modded and each Warframe (Class) has different abilities and can also be modified. Lots of possibilities with different mod combinations on weapons, but there is a lot of luck and RnG involved. Some mods are really strong and boost your power a lot,but if you don't have luck and find one mod of that kind in a mission,you'll just never get it. Example: I've played with a mate for about 5 days and at one point he found a mod that boosts your shield capacity for 140% (after leveling it up once,he can level it up even further to get even more shield capacity). Shields are crucial for survival as they can be replenished quite quickly with another mod,and 140% shield capacity basically means he can take more than twice as much a pounding. This is a huge upgrade. In the 5 days we've played (about 45 hours) I haven't found this mod once,so I still am a lot more vulnerable than he is. Then again,I have a rifle that freezes,stuns and burns enemies at once and a frost-twohander that shatters and bursts foes into bits,and he didn't get as lucky with the elemental damage mods. The diceroll system is something to keep in mind,you might be craving for an awesome mod which you just wont find for days,and there currently is no other way to get or trade mods other than finding them during missions as enemy drops.

Customization+ F2P-modell: The selection of Warframes and weapons is decent right now. However, some weapons,warframes and all of the customization options are locked unless you're willing to pay...a LOT. The prices for the ingame currency are horrendous as they are right now. you won't get the majority of Classes and Weapons unless you pay at least 27€. for ONE class. or about 14€ for ONE weapon. A lot of cashmilking going on there,as most of these weapons are simply better than your standard loadout. You can unlock some weapons and even classes without paying,but it takes quite a while,especially the materials you need for the classes will take you weeks of grinding. You'll need to farm bosses for rare blueprints for classes and rare materials to craft those, and each of the three parts required to craft a Warframe ingame requires 3-4 different materials with 1-2 being rare. They then take 12hours and 15000credits (quite a lot) each to craft, and the warframe itself will take 3days and another 25.000 creds to complete. So you're looking at atleast a week of grinding *IF* you're extremely lucky with drops and spend your cash and time on nothing else,and another week of crafting that Warframe (class),which you will then need to level up from zero.

Summary: If you have a few people you can play with or your annoyance threshold for bad matchmaking and braindead teammates is high, I definetely recommend trying Warframe. However,unless you're willing to pay (a LOT), you won't be getting much diversity. Most missions are prolonged tuberuns,you'll always be following a set path with limited variation. If you enjoy games like Mass Effect,Quake or Ninja Gaiden, give this one a try.
  39. Apr 3, 2013
    Free to Play, great graphics, new updates pretty often and great gameplay. Looks like they are developing a lot of depth to the game with each large update they do. It will be fascinating to see this game evolve over the coming months. I can't wait to see what they add next. The first release of the game started pretty light on the content, but after a few updates, it's not getting a lot heavier on the content and art sets. It's worth checking to see if it's your cup of tea. Expand
  40. Apr 3, 2013
    Warframe is a nicely done sci-fi hack-and slash third-person shooter with lots of customization options and replayability.
    Each Warframe has 4 abilities and can be equipped with lots of passive upgrades, called mods, which drop randomly from enemies.
    Everything in this game can be bought with ingame money, as well as real money.
    The level-design remembers me somehow of Lego, as there
    are finished rooms which are put together randomly every level to make every level unique.
    The AI is pretty good, too.Enemys are trying to take cover most of the time and barely stand out in the open.
    It actually has no story yet, but that doesnt really matter, as it is still a lot of fun, specially with friends, to slice/shoot your way through hordes of enemys.
  41. Jun 1, 2013
    It is the greatest game I have played since.... I don't know. Its 100000% worth checking out, especially for a f2p. Its in beta and the devs really listen to your ideas on the forums. If you have a thread that lots of people agree with, the devs take a look at it. I have a thread that has over 112 rep in it, and the devs have noticed it. Its great.
  42. Jun 3, 2013
    What I like about the game: Visual is important, and this game freakin’ delivers. It’s beautiful from loading to menus to actual game play. If it looks like crap to you, get a new pc. It’s extreme sci-fi with laser gun fighting ninjas. Yea, no kidding. I like the over-the-shoulder play style, and the melee is a BLAST! This is because the second best piece of this game is the fluidity in player movement. You can move with basic controls forward, back, left, right, mouse to aim or combine keys for additional moves like sprinting into a slide (which btw, makes you look awesome), jumping on the back of enemies to slit their throats, and even wall-walking. When you start off, you can choose between three ‘classes’ and after a short tutorial, you’re careening through the solar system. The Lotus system is decent, the objective map is helpful, and the enemies aren’t complete morons they’ll duck and hide and move according to where you are and hiding. Not to mention, the upgrade options for your warframe and weapons are simple to use and fun and there’s always blueprints you can find or purchase to build with components you find in certain parts of the system. God dang, there’s too much to say!! There’s clans you can create with your own clan dojo, you can play with friends (up to 4 at a time), solo or join random players. There’s a market to buy and trade stuff and.. and… and…. it’s friggin' ninjas in the future with dyable suits!!! Did I mention this game is free? 100% free? Free to download, free to play, free to level. Paying only speeds up advantages you’ll otherwise find yourself. OH… and it’s run through Steam! cheers!

What I don’t like about the game: Sometimes the Lotus chick feeding you info is dumb and annoying and tends to repeat the same things map after map. This is a small complaint though, because even if her comments aren’t exactly original, they are helpful and accurate. There is a lot to learn in a short amount of time what storage containers and canisters do, what the objects are for (cuz there’s a crap ton), and dealing with the menus. None of these are deal breakers however, they just require a slight learning curve. The only thing that drives me crazy over this game is the lighting contrast. In some ships it’s meant to be dark and it’s a little difficult to navigate through. But then in training sequences or promotions, the blinding WHITE is painful and most of us (friends included) just sped through it to make the bleeding from our eyeballs stop!

Would I recommend it: It’s FRIGGIN free!!! What is wrong with you? Login to Steam, search for it and download it. No seriously. NOW. Even if you hate it, it’s worth a try. Please note: It’s currently in Beta and updates frequently, but for a Beta it’s very complete and you won’t give a crap.

//Made G-Rated for Metacritic
  43. Jun 23, 2013
    A very solid game, even for a beta.
    This is a third person shooter set in space. What you got is a "space ninja" fighting three different factions.
    Game is mission-based in that you pick a mission and you join others if a room is available or play by yourself till someone joins. You can also play the entire game in solo.

Currently game is in beta and it is getting huge updates
    bi-weekly. Despite being in beta, almost all the bugs, glitches and exploits are fixed immediately.

Some may be put off by rather high cost of cash shop items but it is ENTIRELY optional and this game is NOT pay2win. All the items you can buy with money can be farmed. Only things that can only be obtained through cash is inventory size and purely cosmetic stuff (colour and decorations).

Do not trust the "critic reviews" as this game is not really released yet and it seems only unknown reviewers have criticized this game. I respect that all the big names are holding their votes till the game is fully released.

Give this game a shot, it is completely free to make an account and start playing.
    I have spent 400 hours since mid-April and every single moment was a joy.
  44. Jul 8, 2013
    ich finde das spiel echt genial wenn man sich seine 20 stunden yeit nimmt um es kennen zu lernen es gibt ständig events coole waffen hammer skills und eine gute flüßige spielweise es errinert mich ein wenig an GUNZ Online nur das dies hier viel gelungender ist
  45. Jul 20, 2013
    Been playing this game since open beta weekend. The developer team is pretty awesome, and patch quit often to fix any bugs that make it out into the open. They also listen to their community and take into consideration a lot of good feed back.

The ONLY downside to this game is that there are a lot of people in the community that like to complain, but if you can get passed that, you get
    to play a solid, well polished game, that looks more like a triple A game than a indie game.

On a side note, I find it irritating that this game has a review already, and the only somewhat valid reason this game has a rating is that they are selling in game products, but that is easily shot down when you take into consideration other games being pre-ordered, and green-light games.

If anything, give this game a try. Decide for yourself by doing a little research at the Warframe wiki while you play. You aren't wasting anything but time since its a F2P.
  46. Mar 27, 2013
    First of all, as of writing this review, the game is still BETA. This means there are many bugs: laser doors that NEVER go off -despite what some will say about cameras and 20 seconds-, glitches, connection problems (I'm writing this out of the game and could not enter a coop game, only solo...). The game might also lack some diversity, and maybe the stuff is too expensive (you don't have to buy it anyway...), but you know what? Get a couple of friends and this game is just AWESOME. The gameplay is excellent, the graphics are amongst the best I've ever seen in a F2P and it probably will be even more awesome when it's finished. I'm just addicted right now, and I know I don't get addicted that easy. Well enough about the time out, back to it! Expand
  47. Apr 4, 2013
    its free to play yes and its great not thats its better than farcry 3 but good for f2p good graphic the gameplay is very good it isent that hard and just good for f2p.
    only your weapen outfit is hard to pick beacose they made it but you will get it later.
    so its free so go try it why not only 1.2 gb so why not its 4 player coop and just great
  48. Jun 6, 2013
    Forewarning this game is still in Open Beta expect bugs.

I've played about 50 hours.

The premise is this game is very interesting, you are an assassin that can wear different suits known as "Warframes". These are essentially the different characters that you can play through the game. The gameplay is PvE which resembles Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with Crysis style suits and Diablo
    style loot drops. Weapons and Warframes in this game can be bought with cash, in game currency, or built. Most weapons and Warframes can be made simply by farming the necessary resources. The progression of the game starts out quite slow as the grind to acquire materials and blueprints get quite tedious.

Warframe has severe balancing issues regarding the warframes themselves. Some warframes lack utility, while others are overpowered. Weapons also suffer from this same fate. Warframe introduces Mods to weapons, similar to perks in Call of Duty. Mods are also affected by a balance issue.

Bugs are quite apparent in gameplay and level design, which is to be expected from an open beta game. Warframe still has a lot of kinks which need to be ironed out before it can be a worthy title.

This game is supported through the purchase of platinum with can be used to purchase warframes and weapons. 75 platinum costs $5 USD, which cannot even cover costly warframes at 325 platinum. A warframe like Rhino for example would cost a ridiculous $20 USD! Platinum prices are too high, and are not competitive enough. I for one will not dump my money into something which rewards with so little value.

Overall the PvE is not compelling enough and lacks incentive to progress further into the game. Warframes are a hit and miss with some being fun, while others are utterly boring. Warframe does have potential, but expect a long road ahead.

Final score 6.5/10
  49. Sep 30, 2013
    This game has a great hook and constantly comes out with new content on a (somewhat) regular basis. It's unique and holds a nice standard of promise.

However, this game has no longevity and is a large grind to get certain things you want. Not to mention that if you want to get to late game, there are certain items that are gatekeepers to the late game that you have to -buy- with money
    just to proceed into the game. Or you have to wait for them to do a livestream and MAKE a special alert for said items.

This game is good for a small time frame, but it sadly just does not hold my attention. If want to grind for items, I'll play an MMORPG that actually rewards you for something that's impactful rather than farming for a new skin of something that already exists.

Hope this helps.
  50. Oct 18, 2013
    You get a one. Why? For your complete disregard in combat mechanics for new players.

You completely try selling the game on the idea it's about ninja's, but then give them a fully automatic rifle, have the computer enemies fight like gears of war gods, and you have to stand there out in the open hoping to hit the target while absorbing as many bullets as possible.

You may get lucky
    by moving quick enough to hit them a few times with the sword, but by then you've already taken too much damage.

Oh the powers? Yeah they don't tell you that either, but what ACTUALLY makes you a real ninja in the game are your powers and you don't get those till later, nope it's full on pay 2 win and garbage style combat gameplay for ANYONE that tries to just jump in WITHOUT paying a dime.

Hey it's free to play! (You will not enjoy this.)

The only way you could possibly enjoy it at all is by forking out $39.99 if you really need all that, but if you're like me and just wanted to play free with your first 4 powers given to you that would've been great because ninjas were always about stealth, not stupidity.

I installed this game like everyone else that jumps in, immediately it was about everyone standing out in the open just firing out in the open like a very generic call of duty game.

If you wanted to play a game with better fighting mechanics you could've always just picked up some assassin creed games and enjoyed that.

I gave this 1 for the fact you can make the so called "ninjas" look good, but they don't actually "play well" when you use them for combat. You are not ninja.

To any of those people giving "10's" left and right you need to shut up, it's free go try it out!

No I'd rather go play Path of Exile, or even D3 rather then have one more second of painful agonizing torment of terrible "ninja wanna be's" flooding the internet's over done free 2 play- I mean pay 2 win gaming market.

I downloaded it off steam just like the rest of you people, you aren't fooling anyone, it's a joke of combat mechanics and you know it. I have no lag, no movement issues except for the fact you cannot dodge, evade, or move fluent enough through the game to actually get any value out of it even if you DID end up paying a crap ton of cash cause even then those 4 powers you use are limited to some sort of resource that expires too quickly in mid combat.

You get a "1" for "good looks" because that's about all there is.
  51. May 19, 2013
    A solid sword and gun third person co-op game for the low price of free. Excellent and well optimized graphics combined with visceral and satisfying sound and art design make this game a real joy to play.

You play as a mechanized ninja with a melee weapon and two ranged weapons jumping into very accessible online co-op (completely optional, it can be played solo) completing various
    objectives while fighting varied enemies from power armored opponents to robots to mutants.

The cash shop sells convenience only, all guns/warframes and items can be earned in game.

Having said that if you are the lazy sort with some disposable income the cash shop has fair prices that surprised me.

A solid game that's worth the time to play even in this saturated f2p market.
  52. Apr 27, 2013
    I've been playing this game for a day or two since I got it, and it is a very good game, with good single player and multi-player components. My only complaint, which is what keeps it from being a 9 or 10 is that it requires that you are online. Yes, I know that that is a stupid complaint, but it still bugs me. That aside, it has good online and good single-player components and is a game I'd recommend to any fan of FPS or MMO style games. Expand
  53. Jul 31, 2013
    The game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lot of customization you can do with your character. Granted without the ability to trade items with other players makes it a little harder to obtain some items, it does allow for a more satisfying feeling when you finally find the item that you've been wanting for awhile.

The game does feature an ingame store but I have yet to find a reason to actually use it. Most if not all of the items available in the store can be found in the game world, and seeing as the majority of content is PVE there really aren't too many things that could be considered overpowered.

It's a fun game and players should at least give it a chance before looking at the 69 that meta critic has given it.
  54. Feb 18, 2014
    It looks nice at first, all the ninja, enemies and all that stuff (from a design perspective) it's actually pretty awesome. But the game itself is boring, lackluster and a huge grind fest. Also, it promotes into oblivion all the Nvidia Crap PhysX so it is a no go for AMD users (making the game like it's holding out on features on purpose and leaves an empty space).
  55. Jul 6, 2013
    It's a shame that the critic scores were written early on in the BETA stages of the game, as most of the problems have been addressed....but hey.

As for the game itself, It's nothing short of amazing value for money (Although I personally have upgraded to the Grand Master founders pack, so I've strayed off the 'free to play' path somewhat..) but if anything, the fact I've forked over
    $287 is frankly all the review this game needs (from my opinion)

It's unique, fun, and fast paced.

It has explosions, lasers, and flamethowers.

Robotic chickens, space zombies, and ninjas. What else could you want? Wall running? We have that....anything else? Ask for it. The development team on this game is the best I've ever worked with (Yes, I say worked with because I've helped build one of the warframes about to be released, as a member of the design council) and they are nothing short of amazing in terms of dedication and commitment to players, with regular updates, livestreams, and activity on the forums.

I would preach about the gameplay more, but come on, it's f2p, go try it. What do you have to lose?
  56. Jul 4, 2013
    Don't listen to the haters, give this game a try. It is free to play so you are not going to lose anything, the game is pve focused with the option of pvp in your clan's Dojo. There are many warframes to chose from, but only 3 starter ones at first. The crafting mechanic in this game is truly wonderful.

The storyline is okay, not great but doesn't suck either. Boss fights can get
    interesting, and the amount of mods you can put on your weapon's is immense. The game is still in beta, but that does not mean you should ignore, and by no means is the critics score of 69 proper. Clearly those review sites are all corrupt, especially IGN. Ask your self this: Why do the users give this game pretty much a score of an 80 (B) when the critics give it a 69 (F)?

This is the kind of game that is really simple and a great way to release stress, no one cares about kdr or killcount. And the best part is that the company ACTUALLY LISTENS to its user base. In fact some of the new Warframes that come out have names chosen by the players and powers chosen by the players. So go out and download it either through Steam or their Website.
  57. May 27, 2013
    No huge, expensive CG cutscenes, distracting storylines or clunky tutorials here. What you get here is some real fun, raw map grinding that you can immediately get right into and go with. And its wrapped around a really cool combat and movement engine that makes you feel really free moving around the map, and often leaves that feeling of "how did I just do that?!?" There is certainly a pay-to-advance aspect to the game that allows you to double your upgrade slots faster with cash or outright buy equipment to avoid building it. But there are plenty of things in the game you can't buy, like dojo upgrades. On top of all the fun, there is currently some glitchy physics that are outright hilarious sometimes and I hope they honestly never remove them. Namely these are when you pin mobs with railguns and their bodies start freaking out.
    It's a little harder to play solo than with other people and the game certainly emphasizes team play. But even if you're a lone wolf, the public system for teams is decent, albeit a little buggy at times. Lag synchronization between players with latency issues is pretty solid at not disconnecting you usually and most times won't get you killed. But it is still an issue at times and hopefully they can optimize that as more players come in.
  58. Aug 6, 2013
    This is a game that I love, but totally understand why many do not. This is a game that is not for everyone. I am sure people who were fans of MMOs and Diablo will find more to like than other players.

This is an action based game but it does get repetitive. Unless you are willing to drop some cash on new weapons and Warframes then you will spend a good amount of time either grinding
    levels or farming for crafting items.

One measure of a good free to play for me boils down to one question: Can you unlock everything without spending money? This is true with nearly everything in game.(for the exception of cosmetic upgrades) The real money market is quite pricey though but you can acquire new weapons in a relative short amount of time. Different planets drop different gear, this means you will be jumping around quite a bit from one to the next trying to find the crafting gear you need.

This game is great fun, but it is not for everyone. If you do not like grinding then you should look somewhere else. If you like Diablo, then you will find a lot to like. (It is the best grinding for level and gear comparison I can make)

Graphics are great, some levels can feel the same after awhile and they are quite large so there is a learning curve to following the objective marker. When you first start out you will get lost and left behind. Solo missions are good for leveling up, but the game is not well suited for it. Solo you will be faced with almost overwhelming odds, adds a good amount of challenge but can be unfair especially with missions that require you to carry data packages and they take away your primary weapon for half the mission.

Overall great game. It is still being improved upon and it keeps getting better.
  59. Jun 4, 2013
    Warframe drops you into a world of Dead Space with Ninjas. The combat is so grasping, that once you've picked up this ftp, its hard to put it down. Vast weapon choices and combat mechanics make the game more than just addicting, even solo. But with up to 3 other friends (many more per clan), the multiple game modes, and new Clan Dojo feature, cooperative play is a key element. While a small lack of enemy types, and environments bring the game down, the future of this games beta, and (hopefully) soon release, will be sure to please. Expand
  60. Aug 15, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played. Ignore the critics, they've reviewed this game while it was still in development, so they have missed out on a lot that has and will be added. It's currently in beta, but when it gets released I'm sure it will be brilliant. The graphics are on par with massive games like Battlefield 3 and Assassins Creed 3. The gameplay is varied a lot, with different missions, varying objectives, randomised changes within missions, appearances from unexpected enemies and more. Expand
  61. Jul 25, 2013
    Putting nearly 350 hours into this game has given me numerous thoughts about it as a whole.
    1. Game play, certainly the most important part of any game, and warframe has much of it and it is generally good fun all around, it could use a lot of polish but that is to be expected. 9/10
    2. Graphics, the game is pretty no doubt. 8/10
    3. Sound, Meh everything more or less gets the job done,
    though numerous times weapon sounds have been changed to absolutely terrible results, others (very few) are changed to sounding better then before. 7/10
    4. Polish, this is truly where warframe suffers the greatest, a complete lack of polish. Bugs are constantly getting fixed, but with each fix brings twice as many bugs needing to be fixed. Rarely do these bugs break the game at all but when a bug that makes the game hard to play does show up it is usually fixed quite quickly. 6/10
    5. Free-To-Play Elements, While yes everything that can be bought with real money can also be crafted in game, neither way is truly good, Real Money trading is ridiculously overpriced, 15-20 dollars for a gun? Really? And crafting results in depending upon a hilariously intentionally broken RNG system. Now to the dreaded 'alert system' while this function of the game is constantly being tweaked and changed it is still a terrible way to give us things. This game while not to the tune of Play-to-win, micro transactions, it is pay ALOT to not grind and sleep for a change. 6/10
    6. Developers, I dont have much good or bad to say about the developers but lets just say i believe Warframe would be better if another company handled it. 6/10

While this review may seem pitched towards the negative, i do enjoy the game a great deal and while grinding is a pain at least the game is actually fun to pay while grinding, which relieves much stress in playing it for hours to get something you need. Overall, try the game if your at all interested in it. Lets just hope Digital Extremes figures out how to run Warframe for the long run.
  62. May 25, 2013
    Play it if you like or enjoy: Action Shoot+Slash games 3rd person futuristic mecha character models Mod-able character and weapon abilities Free to Play with micro transactions for convenience A samurai/ninja motif for character weapons and abilities Keep playing it if you: Don't mind being limited in your resources or options based on cash transactions Don't mind grinding Have friends who are also looking to play or if you can find a clan to join
    Can ignore occasional design elements that will frustrate you
    Don't mind relying on a RNG

Avoid it if you can't stand:
    Grinding
    No in game story
    Relying on a RNG
    Repetitive gameplay and enemies
    Being constantly reminded of the presence of micro transactions

This may be a beta, but short of giant sweeping changes to the entire game in regards to how it's played and structured, it could well be argued that what you see now is what you will see at release.
  63. May 12, 2013
    With it being a FREE game (and i wish i didn't have to start with that) it is extremely addicting and fun to play, no, it's nothing inspirational or revolutionary, but it is with out a doubt a satisfying game that i would gladly pay atleast 30$ for.

If you just want to try it out, go ahead! It is not game that you MUST play alot to have fun or even be good at. But at the same time you
    are rewarded if you do decide to play it tons.

I would recommend this game to every single PC gamer simply because i don't see how anyone could not ATLEAST have a few hours of fun with this game.....and hey, a fun time for free? who wouldn't be down for that.
  64. Jun 23, 2013
    Warframe has amazing gameplay and is a lot of fun to play with your friends since it is co-op based but if played by yourself, it doesn't have the same feeling but is still fun to play. Warframe is definitely one of the best free to play games in my opinion and wont disappoint you, if you want to try it out.
  65. Jul 6, 2013
    Don't be fooled by the disgraceful reviews of the "big" reviewers like IGN and gamestop or whatever, but this game is amazing, especially for free to play. You feel in control and can chop your enemies down using some skills you obtain, you can change colours of your character, get new skill's and mods for your weapons, helmets etc. Now don't get me wrong, these things come at a price, quite a large price too, i totally recommend this game, it's fun and can have a blast with friends. to be honest, i would rate this game a 8 out of 10 for some flaws, but i am disgusted of how the "big" reviewers have rated this game, so i just want to back it up a bit. Expand
  66. Jul 14, 2013
    I've been playin Warframe for some hundreds hours now and guess what? I'm still pretty enjoyed. DE never stops to surprise us throughout months and updates. I've converted every of my friends to it and even if i'm the one burning "platinums" credits, we all enjoy the game every time we got 30mins to kill.

As said below, Warframe has some issuess, mainly in its cost when you decide to go
    for it. Nevertheless it's totally optional as far as you can get everything in alerts (bonus missions) and daily rewards. You can easily have a new warframe in some hours if you don't feel right to buy it.

The game is still Beta but don't stick to it that's just a word ^^ Bugs were fixed long time ago even if still happen once every fifty mission i play.. There nothing to be afraid of. Just enjoy the show.
  67. Jul 15, 2013
    Game is good enough. Free to play game, and its fun when u play with some friends. Its still beta, and yes there are some bad things, but with every update game is better and better. There are some new levels with update 9. People complain abaout cost of warframe, but u can earn any warframe in game, and its not hard. PvP in clan dojo is also fun, if u have enough clan members. This FtP game is much better then a lot of AAA games with 50+ prices Expand
  68. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is fun with friends, is easy to run on any PC, and has a reasonable currency system. The only reason this game does not have a 10 from me is the fact it is PAINFULLY repetitive. I find myself only able to play maybe 2 hours at a time. If the game could have better variation and a good, well written, story mode, it would have a solid 10.
  69. Jul 19, 2013
    Most of the current reviews are based on VERY early beta or even late alpha versions of this game. I just wanted to post a CURRENT review, based on the game as of late July, 2013. The developer is extremely involved and dedicated to this game and its community. The game is in a totally different place than what most of these reviewers saw and it is headed for great things. The gameplay is solid, graphics and sound are current, tons of features being added all the time, weekly patches and updates; The game is solid now and worth spending a few on, once it is out of 'beta' a few months from now I see easily spending a standard $60 retail on this game. The game is free to play, and to unlock some of the better content requires a time investment but the game is fun as is and the 'grind' does not really feel like one, especially if you join with some friends or join a clan. The game is only currently lacking in story/lore content but this is becoming a primary focus and we should see a lot from that side soon, in the next few updates. I would recommend this game to anyone that is a fan of FPS (shooter) PVE/RPG games. Counter strike PVP focus gamers need not apply. Expand
  70. Jul 29, 2013
    I played the game because I was seeking a Co-op experience with friends, and I'll admit I got quite a few hours put into it. After playing it, I wanted to create a review. I was really sick of seeing these polarized reviews of 10's or 0's because apparently giving a review is too difficult for some and would rather voice their bias to an extreme.

The graphics is one of the biggest
    pulling/attraction for Warframe and for good reason! Considering it was a F2P game as well, the graphics were on the high end. However, this can also be a con because not everyone has a great GFX. However, the graphics are only as good as what they put it on. Which goes to one of the biggest flaws of Warframe which is the lack of variety.

The game play of Warframe is fun for a while. You get a sword, four abilities, a gun and it is smooth for the most part. There are a few bugs, and there is a lack of sword combat (only a couple of moves). Until you get a new warframe "class", you'll be stuck with the same 4 abilities which does get boring. BUT, You get to parkour and be a ninja acrobat in space. It reminds me a lot of GunZ with all the free range of moving. Eventually you'll be using the exact same movements to get around and it'll just start feeling like a chore.

Warframe lacks in story and plot. It doesn't set in stone the lore through game play, it doesn't seem to reinforce much with the missions they do have, and it isn't very enthralling. You don't feel as epic as you should, and it creates this disinterest in the missions you're doing, which is already worse with their lack of variety(explained in the next paragraph). It is a weak plot which creates a lack of game missions to base off.

Warframe lacks in variety of maps and enemies. There are 3 types of enemies (Corpus/Robots, Infested/Aliens, and Grineer/Armored Aliens/Humanoids) and they only have about 5~ of each throughout the game. You see the exact same enemies throughout the game, with the same tactics but just stronger as you progress. The maps of the 3 types change a little which got me immersed in the first place. You get to see the 3 different environment types in the first couple of planets/missions. However, they didn't create anything more different in the later planets. They mix and match a little, however you'll start feeling you're seeing the exact same environment and it gets really repetitive of going through the same map over and over with just stronger/different enemies. There are 10 mission modes. The game types are very lack luster, you can go check the wiki or just play it. Either way, once you play the game modes once they're essentially always the EXACT SAME just on a different map (of the ones you played on already) with the other 2 enemy types. It get's repetitive and tedious. However, it's still a time sink like that and for me, I was able to play through multiple planets/lots of hours before I actually did get bored of it. On the other hand, there was a lack of strategy in the missions and they rarely changed within their missions, it was always the same kind of mission with no variety within itself.

One thing I was really excited for in this "Co-Op" game was the Boss fights. I loved games with boss fights like WoW Raids, BL2, etc. However, in Warframe, the Boss fights were EXTREMELY lackluster. You could practically just shoot and run in circles, and it would die. No strategy, hell you wouldn't even need to use your abilities.

Moving on to Warframe's customization. It is a long grind to get the "better" weapons and Warframes. I understand that from a F2P perspective, it was a "good" way, however the dev's did feel like kicking F2P on acquiring Warframes. You need to farm a boss for multiple pieces(hoping it'll drop) and have all the materials to create a warframe. However, the Devs I felt did a good job on the weapon aspect. The higher end better weapons of the game require actually farming/making the item, like the Flux Rifle which you CANNOT purchase. However, they are lacking in the variety of guns/weapons and they aren't totally different from each other. Some are just plain worse than others, which I would hope the devs will fix/improve later on.

I really enjoy their mod system, which you collect mods from random drops that can improve/change your weapons to make them better versus the enemies you encounter. It gives a lot of leeway to customization and the "best" mods require luck/grind which you CANNOT purchase. I think the unavailability of trading in Warframe is a good and bad, but I understand why it was not implemented. It would make grinding/farming for mods, materials, blueprints a lot less appealing and would get people to just buy them off each other which I would believe, ruin the game create a drop of play. However, you'll eventually realize what is the "best" mods agreed upon later on, but who cares (it goes for most games).

The game still does need polish, but it's a decent F2P but not worth spending
  71. Jul 30, 2013
    Warframe is only in beta and yet i still find it worth coming back to for more game play. The devs seem to take care and pride in their product and keep trying to push it forward with improvements and content. Having the ability to be completely free-to-play is a huge plus when its fun enough to drop a little money on the warframe and/or weapons that would fit your desired play style. If anything, the game is well worth a try. Expand
  72. Sep 11, 2013
    I think the people making this game are a little greedy, The price of platinum is extreme. They need to make the levels playable for 1 player and they need a grouping system to help players meet. I have a few friends on steam but none like this game so I have to find other players playing a level then hope they decide to join with me in the levels i haven't completed. The level up system takes a while 20 odd hrs playing many levels over and over. Maybe I am not great at the game. I think they need to make the Warframes interact with the AI better too like in Ninja gaiden where you can jump on them. making melee attacks have more flow. I do like the graphics, I do like the gun customization. They should have tutorials or recommendations about how to level up Warframe, rifle, pistol, melee weapon.

Im not sure on the reward system but maybe Warframes should unlock instead of having to buy platinum play a level of each war frame ???

Also the menu for weapons should be suited to class, Why have a lvl 4 weapon when im level 2?

gave it a 7
    maybe 2/10 for price of platinum,
    7/10 for originality
    8/10 graphics
    10/10 for fun (when you find a good group of people to play with)
    7/10 for difficulty
    2/10 for sound effects that lady says the same thing over and over.
    4/10 for level layout. have to do levels over and over.
    0/10 game lobby (where is the game lobby)
    2/10 for tutorial maybe tutorial till you reach level 2 as in make level up easier until players know each element of the game

This game could be one of the best games but has a few things they need to improve on. Thus i havent yet invested into platinum as the short comings make me want to play other games

If they fix the issues i mentioned it will be more appealing to players, creating a larger community.
  73. Nov 9, 2013
    Well it is a great game... at first, the issue is it gets very boring very quickly. Repetitive levels and missions that usually consist of going to a location doing something and getting out whilst hacking everything in your path to bits as you do so. It has no real story no sense of achievement just mindless hack and slash and if that's what you look for in a game go for it, after all it is free.
  74. Dec 22, 2013
    It baffles me how this game is flawed, even for an indie beta game. I wouldn't mind it too much having bugs in a beta, I did my shares of beta and I know what it entails, what bothers me is what is not there. First, how do you expect to get new people to enjoy the game when the tutorial is so horrible?! I've never seen a tutorial so badly done, where almost nothing is explained. Sure, you get to know to to move and kill enemies but that's it, some commands are not explained (like changing weapons, even though the tutorial *asks* you to do it, not even a "this key by default" prompt) the missions are not explained, the forge is not explained and neither are the mods. If the missions were easy to understand, it wouldn't be a problem but how you're supposed to know that, in order to capture a target (which you're ordered not to kill at any cost) you have to *shoot* it
    The game is pretty, I'll give it that, it's smooth, runs well and I will admit that the slick look of the warframes and the cooperative side of it is what got me to try. The cooperative is more "free for all" than real cooperation, with people rushing in to get the goods before the others.
    A big disappointment for me, and I might give it another try when the glaring flaws have been fixed.
  75. Feb 13, 2014
    This game will be dead in a couple of years fighting against consoles that will wipe your *** for you. So take your year 2035 and suck it Warframe lmao!
  76. Jul 11, 2013
    This is by far one of the very best games on steam, WARNING! highly addictive and may require all of your down time lol.
    This game is an ever evolving game that gets updates with new guns, melee weapons, warframe characters and levels. We just had a special weekend event the whole community completed and all that participated got a rare never again available sniper rifle. I so love the
    game and i highly recommend it. Expand
  77. May 5, 2013
    When I started playing this game, it was in closed Beta. Presently in open Beta, but the polish on this game is amazing, and it will take you a while to realize this isn't even a final product. They've yet to implement the story, they're still a week or two from fully realizing their plans for player-made Clans, but the mix of gunplay, hand-to-hand dismemberment, and frightfully effective abilities gives an extremely solid combat. Personally, the only downside that occasionally gives me issues is the present peer-to-peer hosting system, which can get laggy if you've had a bad host. Beyond that, it's a free game that has no where to go but up and is climbing its way there with all the passion the devoted development team can muster. Expand
  78. Aug 19, 2013
    I have 250 hours on this game and I purchase the Founders pack. I can honestly say that this is the kind of game you either love or hate. It is a great game to pick up with your buddies and go for it. Who doesn't love to shoot robots, aliens and clones? Better yet, if you master things like wall-running, its a whole different experience as a player. My advise to you...why are you looking at Metascore? Go play the damn thing and judge for yourself before you judge by reviews. Expand
  79. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warframe (2013)

What a solid, breathtaking F2P game in the current-gen gaming industry.
    The visuals are way stunning that most paid-games these days, just the ambient glow and gloss-finish feel of the light reflecting off the weapons, walls and Warframe makes me open my mouth in awe.

This game however, does require some intellect as in confuses first timers with lots of stuffs thrown at them. Just like a crash-course. The currency in this game requires 1) in-game free money 2) 'Platinums' a purchasable currency via Steam.

Lastly, this game has pretty decent update from time to time, it keeps getting better and finer.

Just a few hours spent on it and I can feel that it should be one of the top F2Ps for year 2013.

Definitely worth a try!!
  80. Sep 5, 2013
    Official reviews don't do it justice. This game rocks!
    Ninjas
    Guns
    RPG
    Awesome

Seriously.... play it.

You're not playing it. Just play it.
    It's free
  81. Sep 4, 2013
    when you hate this game, you better just leave and even dont review the game !
    some kind of bugs but for the rest great job, keep it up to date!

it's a great shooting game where you need to work together, some things aren't balanced yet, and for the graphics isn't a recommended game, just for the gameplay.
  82. Apr 2, 2013
    First of i would like to say that this game is still in open beta, even if it is on steam. With that being said, they aren't done adding stuff to it.

This game is like mixture Mass Effect 3, Diablo, and Vanquish. The shooting mechanics are simple yet not to easy, with a wide range of weapons (Both melee and firearms) it is easy to take down any boss if you are actually good. Weapons are
    similar to the designs of the real world but still get there own hyper futuristic spin on it. The scenery of the levels are very detailed in what a ship would look like and it helps immerse you into the whole space ninja vibe.

Currently there are only 6 map types. 3 of which are used for every other mission and the other 3 for defense missions. People complain that its repetitve because of seeing the same levels over and over again. Well its still in beta, the devs are still working on more.

The sound fits perfectly but one thing i could not get my mind off is that the bosses speak another language but the foot soldiers speak English.

The mod system is pretty basic and also very entertaining. It upgrades your stats and is also like a trading card game (trade system is said to be coming soon). they also drop randomly from missions and can be put together to enhance another mod.

The game is called Warframe because of these battle suits. But they are all so different in there own way. The powers they contain (or Skills) are diverse and always help out someway on the battlefield. there are about 13 and all of them can be purchased with real cash or built by buying there blueprints with in-game money. It takes sometime to build these weapons and warframes but if you want to rush the process use real cash to get it anytime you want.

Lots of people have complaints about the cash parts of the game, with everything thats purchasable with cash can also be gotten within time for free, so those prices are pretty fair (coming from a bargain hunter not a fan)

this game deserves a 9 but since its in open beta and bound to have problems in some way, ill give it its worthy 10, in full release i will give it an actual review

(update from my last review sorry)
  83. May 29, 2013
    Nice game to relax and spent 2-3 hours per day ^___________^ Free to play and all goods can be crafted without donate. 2 base warframe slots and 8 base weapon slots is good to try game.
  84. Apr 28, 2013
    Nice game. Very fun gameplay, but there are not enough level differences. In that aspect it gets a bit boring sometimes.
    The game gets regular updates and is still being improved.

I think its worth a try. And the best of all, its free to play.
  85. May 16, 2013
    If you love deep weapon customization, sexy character creation, fast-paced gameplay, orgasmic graphics, repetitive level designs, and item drops then this game is for you. Warframe really shines when you have friends to play co-op with, sadly I have none.
  86. May 18, 2013
    Graphic is nice, game-play is a little bit lacking of challenge and variability but the team is keeping updating new stuffs. It's still ongoing the open beta so It's acceptable for me when game crashes or bug comes out.

The most important part is: IT'S FREE.

Actually, even there are some "platinum" can be bought with steam wallet and be used to purchase in-game weapons and items
    directly, the only thing that can make me to pay are extra slots to storage new weapons and new character. The Most of in-game items can be built with blueprint and material which randomly dropped from defeated enemies, and it's fun to gather those stuff across the universe.

Anyway, It's free. so go try it.
  87. May 30, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun solo or with a co-op buddy! The A.I. needs more work though, same with the constant lag I get when I'm playing online. If you plan to play this F2P Steam title, than play it with a friend or two, you'll need them in the future levels.
  88. May 30, 2013
    I've been playing it for a few months and I love it. The combat is smooth and fast paced and it can easily be single player or co-op. People only dislike it because it repeats the maps but with different doors. With fast paced action and ninja like moves(wall runs, wall slide, wall climb, etc) and a wide selection of craftable weapons, Warframe is a must have
  89. Jun 1, 2013
    This game is solid, great mechanics and functionality. Melee isn't as great as it could be, but not enough of an issue to matter much at all. The only downside is the large expense of using the store, the actual, real-life money store, I mean. It's actually completely unnecessary, as everything in the game can be found without buying it, but it can make the game easier in the beginning.
    Otherwise: zero issues.
  90. Jun 2, 2013
    Its a Okay game, Not bad, Not Good. Its repetitive and you basically do the same thing over and over and over and over again. Interesting design but not especially innovative.
  91. Jun 11, 2013
    What the game is like: It's a coop 3rd person space shooter. The game is very simpler in play style to Mass Effect combat. The play moves fast and your character can do a lot of flips and wall running and other cool ninja moves. A lot of the fun of the game is learning new acrobatic tricks to try out, but they can be challenging. Fortunately, if you just want to run around, you can still do that.

You get different warframes which have cool abilities, which you can level up and mix and match (although each frame has 4 unique abilities to set them apart from one another.) Weapons also level and have equipable mods, which allow you to tailor them a bit for different missions.

There are several different missions styles, from assassinatino, rescuing a hostage and defense missisons (and several more). Most missions you run around epic industrial complexes or giant space ships.

Pros: Team combat. Challenging, but slow learning curve so it's not hard to get started. Fast paced combat. I have a lot of fun playing this game. It's very stylish. The artwork is quite impressive and you can customize the appearance of your equipment to look really cool.

Cons: I played the beta, so the UI is buggy and not all that intuitive, but you get used to it. There is still a fairly major problem of randomly falling through the floor, which happens about once every 30 games or so. I sincerely think that they will fix both of these problems by the final release.
  92. Jun 13, 2013
    Warframe hits a very appealing concept. Space Ninjas, running on walls and sliding and slashing away at Aliens, zombie-like creatures, and robots. A concept no doubt many of us have though of as children, visualized in a very cool, and ambitious way. But how does the game itself fair? Well, it depends on the point of view honestly. I came into the game knowing very little about it and so my expectations weren't set high by any means. But what I got, was a visual treat with some fast but smooth gameplay.

Graphics: This folks, is what the next generation looks like. Everything from insane lighting, amazing particle effects, and fantastic textures. The game is truly awesome to look at. Which is a good thing because one of the faults the game bears is reputation in environments. The game boasts a Random Level Generator to ensure gameplay is varied, but it is not uncommon to see the same room in the same mission, over, and over again. While most of the scenery consists of tight corridors and semi-large rooms, it can become a little redundant after just a few hours of playing.

Gameplay: The gameplay is extremely fluent and easy to use. Whether you are going down sights with a sniper, blasting away with one of the many assault riffles, silently picking off foes at a distance using the tactical bow, or getting nitty and gritty with the crowd as you slash, hack, or smash with one of the dozen or more melee weapons. It all happens without missing a beat and with very, very minimal lag. At the core of every great third person action game has to be solid controls, and this game nails it. Making even more complicated maneuvers, such as running on a wall, flipping off of it, spinning in the air and slamming down onto the ground possible with just a few presses of a button, making it a welcoming experience for newcomers.

Story: The game has very little to offer in the ways of a story as where the main goal of the game is to team up with 3 or less friends and take on "Space Dungeons" killing everything in your way as you ransack the ship for loot and money. In fact most of the story is told in the Tutorial. Does this make the game bad? Not at all, just as long as you don't go into the game expecting an epic single-player story.

Free to Play: The game is, by definition, free to play. Nearly every feature in the game is available to the player without the use of microtransactions. As long as you don't mind spending Hours upon Hours of grinding to get the parts you need to build your new toys. That being said, if you do choose to use real money to push your way up to the front and buy a new Warframe (playable character) or weapon, or countless other items, just know that the in-game store is one of the most expensive out there. For example, buying a new Warframe can run you anywhere from $10-$25 depending on the chosen Warframe and whether or not it has any sales. But remember, that is merely an option. It is possible to unlock EVERY Warframe without the use of real cash.

Overall: I personally enjoy playing this game, I have spend well over 70+ hours on it, and don't plan on quitting any time soon. In my opinion this game sets a new standard for Free to Play games, showing what can be done and should be done. With the amazing graphics, silky smooth gameplay, and kickass action. With only a few minor gripes being an expensive in-game store that doesn't Need to be used, and the repetition of layouts and levels. But do keep in mind this game is still technically in Beta. So considering all it gives with very little draw back, it would be really hard to pass this game up for any reason. So that is why I rated this game a solid 9.0. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and if you want more you can find me on YouTube under the channel name: AgniKai343

-Casey
  93. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is a really great. Very unique setting. Cool gunplay, melee combat. Art is amazing. I don't think anyone has pulled off space ninjas/samurai yet, but they have there. Good RPG elements and character (warframe) optimization. Fair free to play model. You can have a load of fun for NOTHING. I don't think much is not available for a FTP player willing to put in the time. Highly recommended. Critic scores on Metacritic are completely bogus, as usual. If you like shooters, think a progressive element with a lot of optimization and choice is fun, and want a setting that is actually new, look no further. Oh! Even runs well on older machines in my experience! I have some 5 year old middle end AMD/ATI gaming computers that run is very well. Your mileage may vary, but for how cool it looks I'm impressed. Expand
  94. Jul 7, 2013
    Gameplay :

Between a cooperative 3rd Person Shooter with rifles, pistols, etc... and an Hack n' Slash with swords, daggers and axes. You can fight with your guns while aiming for heads or go in the middle of the fight with your melee weapon and cut enemies with charged attacks, whatever fit your style. Same goes for the warframes, take a Trinity to support your allies, a Loki to do it
    the assassin's way, or an Ember to throw fireballs on enemies just for the fun. There is a lot of diversity in the weapons and warframes, and as if it wasn't enough, you can customize your weapons or warframes with the mods. The mod system makes you able to have fully advantage of your weapons or warframe by making those fit even more your play style. Also, all the weapons being craftable using the ressources and blueprints you can find while playing, you don't need to waste money on platinum (except if you can't wait a few hours for your weapon to be crafted). The sentinels are also a great thing that can help you a lot in missions, but i think the game is maybe lacking a bit in diversity there with currently 3 sentinels. Talking about the lacks, there isn't so much different enemies, especially for Corpus and Infestation. A few new enemies in each class will be needed in the future. Same goes for the Defense maps, there aren't so much of those currently. Also, having a few new missions for low-levels on Mercury would be nice. So, a bit more content in the next updates would be more than appreciated, and essential before the end of the beta.

Also, there isn't a pay-to-win system in this game, but more a pay-to-win-faster, as you can get everything except some cosmetics (so, yeah not useful), Warframe slots and Weapons slots by playing, farming ressources, etc... For the Warframe and weapons slots, it's not that much of a problem, since you start with 50 platinum on your account, which is enough for you to buy either :
    - 2 warframe slots
    - 1 warframe slot and 4 weapon slots
    - 6 weapon slots
    And since you start with 2 warframe slots and 8 weapon slots, that isn't much of a problem. 3 warframes and 7-8 weapons should be enough for most of people.

Graphics :

The graphics are more than decent. If you want to see what they look like, feel free to search for videos of the game on youtube.
    The only problem is that they might be a bit repetitive, yet, but there is always new things added in patches, so it's becoming less of a problem.

Conclusion :

A good F2P that has big chances of becoming a really nice game once finished. Good points being it's gameplay and the fact you don't have to buy things with real money (as in many other f2p games) The main default of the beta being the bugs, but those are getting corrected once the game is finished and that there is a bit more content, it will be more than ok. Also, maybe some changes to the current session hosting system would be nice.

Rating 5/5 (i took the fact it's still a beta in the notation, else it would have been a 4/5)
  95. Aug 21, 2013
    I'm changing up my score. I have now played over 100 hours of this and I can tell you it's better than I thought. The gameplay feels way more comfortable when you get used to it, and you can get any item in the game if you work hard enough. That was what I bashed on on my last review, but that was because I was new to the game and everything seem overwhelming. Now that I understand the game and know what it's like, I strongly suggest playing this. Expand
  96. Jul 15, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. And free to play too!
    The basic gameplay is free

It's amaizing i recomand for all who wanth play fps game.

----------------------
  97. Jul 27, 2013
    Been playing daily for awhile now. They update quite often with fixes & new content. I think this is the first free* game that I've spent money on. They often have login rewards for 20% or 50% off platinum, and sometimes they have contests for free plat. It's certainly not necessary to spend to play & have fun though. I played for a few months before spending anything. If you decide to, use it on warframe slots or weapon slots or maybe orokin catalysts (doubles mod slots). Expand
  98. Sep 10, 2013
    It has been quite a while (about 5 years) since I last played any good PC game. Recently just bought a new system, and was in a game hunting spree.

Bought a few game from Steam, played for a while, none got me hooked, until I found Warframe. At first sight, its presentations don't really appeal me. It's video preview looks unbelievable overwhelming. Initially, I thought, "nah... most
    game presentation video will always look good, but when comes to real gameplay, it will suck." Warframe proves me wrong.

So, since it is free, why not give it a shot after hesitating for 2 weeks. Within a month Steam clocked me playing Warframe for more than 100 hours.

This game has potential to be one of the greatest game. Love its graphic design. Fluid video (maybe due to my new system performance). Easily adaptable controls. And last but not least, friendly community. I give it a 9 since it is still beta which come in a few bugs, and not so intuitive chat system design.

Except for loosing a few hours, it is still a free game to at least try.
  99. Oct 27, 2013
    At first I felt the critics were to harsh on this game considering I was still thoroughly enjoying it. However after countless hours of playing I have to say the critics were kind. This game has MAJOR flaws the number 1 flaw of this game is that the entire game is just grind ALL OF IT, it gives you the impression that the grinding will pay off eventually but it doesn't. You get no where there is no end game NOTHING, you just find a new weapon or a new character and level them up.

Another flaw is not really of the game but more the development team. The team is completely mis-staffed there is too many content creators and not enough people left to fix stuff, amongst the playerbase there is a popular opinion of the team that creates stuff isn't the team who fixes issues within the game. That is correct but the real issue is resource management.

Overall game design and direction come into play also. There seems to be a severe lack of clear direction when it comes to overall balance. At first they took the stand of every weapon should be balanced and compensated with mods. However now they seemed to have changed their view on it in favor of a tiering system that is utterly broken. Generally a tiering system works in a way that weapons that require higher stats out preform those with lower requirements. This is not the case it just appears to be random.

This is a f2p game afterall so the monization of content has to be questioned is it good, is it bad, inbetween? Answer, its misleading. As a new player in a F2p game the first thing I do is work out how much something costs a warframe will set you back an average of 20$ weapons around 10. That is just too expensive considering the games longevity solely depends on trying different weapons and warframes.

All of that being said there are still plenty of positives when it comes to this game. As other users have pointed out in much greater detail the mechanics and the sheer amount of fun that can be had whist playing in co-op are this games strong points whether they are strong enough to outweigh poor staff management and overall incompetence when it comes to game design. I don't know that is something people will have different opinions on.
  100. Jan 4, 2014
    Trust reviewers, this game is a mediocre experience. I do belive if we haven't got this trend in gaming to give games higher ratings than they deserve, Warframe would have been given max 5/10 I'm 100% sure. 1. The game isnt enjoyable except first 2,3 days. 2. Kinesthetics sucks. 3. Gameplay is not balanced. 4. Playing seems pointless 5. This game looks and seems stupid 6. Is poorly designed (in every possible way!).
    This game is good for newbies. Experienced players will find it boring. Very quickly.
  101. Apr 25, 2013
    Amazing game so far! I downloaded it as it came out for the open beta, and have since spent over 50 hours in play and over 100 hours in the game itself (according to steam)
    The combat is fun with a variety of enemies that are still going to be expanded.
    The weapons are mostly individual and all have their shining moments. Some balancing changes still need to be made here, but it is not
    an influence to the game at all.
    Considering that this game just came out for open beta, it is one of the best games i have played so far, and i can only wait till the new updates come out to make it the truely amazing game that it is inside

And its free. O_O
    not the free kind where you need to buy things to have fun later on, but really really free.

1. Feb 27, 2014
    One year and twelve updates in, Warframe appears to be a solid action game leveraging really excellent technology to create a fun and engaging experience. There are still some rough edges and many opportunities to amp up the variety of content, but with a compelling world and addictive, twitchy action, Warframe has a lot to offer.
  2. With the lack of a Pay to Win system and easy engagement for new players, Warframe offers some quality time.
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    Some problematic menus pale in comparison to Warframe's real problem: a pervasive tendency toward repetition.