Warframe PC

8.2

1. Mar 26, 2013
    The gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as aThe gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as a lv1). You get a maximum of 5000 credits if you farm the first boss for an item he drops worth 2500 credits 100% of the time. Building a new Warframe is also a chore, it costs 35k for the master blueprint, you then have to farm the specific boss for blueprints for helmet, chassis and systems. Not only will this take forever because of poor droprates, the parts also cost 25k each to build and 24 hours build time. You then have to build the Warframe for 25k more with a build time of 72 hours. We're already at 135k, but it doesn't end there! You also need an 'Orokin Reactor' to supercharge your Warframe, or you will be stuck at 50% of it's maximum potential. These only drop from rare alerts that have special rewards, with those Reactors being just about the rarest to come by. Once you finally get the blueprint for that, it takes another 35k to build that. So we're at 170k for a second Warframe. Couple this with MAYBE max 40k an hour for farming, and you're grinding the same mission over and over for at least 4.5 hours. Everything takes months in this game without spending real life money, for which in game items have a ridiculous price. Buying the pack for the Warframe 'Frost' (1 Warframe, 1 primary, 1 secondary and 1 melee) costs a whopping 60 USD. I can easily buy 5 great games for that kind of money in Steam sales which won't bore me to tears like Warframe does. Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    Warframe was a fun at first, but after finishing a few planets there is just too much repetition and grinding. I stopped playing the game at Update 7 and started again at Update 12. Now I stopped again after Update 14 because the grind is just insane. I have a total of 394 hours on it. Warframe is just another Pay To Win game. Each update includes many fun weapons and some new additionsWarframe was a fun at first, but after finishing a few planets there is just too much repetition and grinding. I stopped playing the game at Update 7 and started again at Update 12. Now I stopped again after Update 14 because the grind is just insane. I have a total of 394 hours on it. Warframe is just another Pay To Win game. Each update includes many fun weapons and some new additions but most of those you need to either grind your way to get it or pay them for it. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is also good. The maps are a complete repeat of the ones before it. 5.8/10 Expand
  3. Mar 17, 2015
    The game is ok, but it offers not enough for its value.
    Sure its F2P and EA, but if you decide to actually invest in it you do not get much for it:
    The thing is that you start with one 'warframe'. If you want another one you will have to pay. Of course there is the lack of P2W but that involves a relentless grind. So much grinding that it feels like the deliberately made it this way so
    The game is ok, but it offers not enough for its value.
    Of course there is the lack of P2W but that involves a relentless grind. So much grinding that it feels like the deliberately made it this way so you would not be bothered with it and spend money.

There is no story at all.
    Tactics are limited to grouping up and hoping your teammates are able to help and cooperate. It is possible to work together I suppose but there is no easy way of communicating.

Level design is repetitive yet confusing yet repetitive. Maps are divided in little zones and objectives are show by a logo at the edge of the zone you are currently in. Sometimes its just down the corridor, other times you have to look for a small hole in the wall way up or below, while enemies relentlessly attack you. If you die you can be revived by a teammate but if they are up ahead they will not be able to make it within 15 seconds before bleeding out. You can revive on the spot (enemies still there, surrounding your corpse and blocking your escape) up to 4 times a day for free. Do you need more? Wait or pay up!

All in all they need more diversity in the levels, AI, increase loot drops a bit and offer way more value for the currency you can buy. Be aware of price differences between their website and steam packages, also buying more does not mean more platinum for your money!

It is something that can grab your attention and keep it for a month but the grinding and repetitiveness will make you look for the next better thing.
  4. Apr 13, 2014
    I give it a 7 of 10 i would give it a 9 of 10 but it JUST KEEPS CRASHING for absolutely no reason.
    If anyone knows how to fix it message me on steam :billybobapb101.
  5. Jul 17, 2015
    Played it, when it was published by Aeria. Not great but not bad either just think generic shooter. But very repetitious when it comes to missions, the fun part is customizing weapons and gear.
  6. Sep 6, 2015
    Well, the gameplay of this game is with no doubt, Stunning. The graphics is surreal. You can't ask much more of a 3rd person shooting game, and it's an MMO too, I guess. The problem is, the game gets very stingy and let's say boring when you get to reach the level cap in just 1 week or less. YES, the story continues on and on. But the feeling of playing this game in particular with theWell, the gameplay of this game is with no doubt, Stunning. The graphics is surreal. You can't ask much more of a 3rd person shooting game, and it's an MMO too, I guess. The problem is, the game gets very stingy and let's say boring when you get to reach the level cap in just 1 week or less. YES, the story continues on and on. But the feeling of playing this game in particular with the level cap isn't just there anymore. And yes, players of this game says "Who cares about level caps when you get to play with big ass weapons?" Well, actually most of us. I played this game for just about 3-4 days I think. This is just a constructive criticism guys. But still got to say, GAME ON! Expand
  7. Jan 22, 2016
    Would rate higher, but the AI spawning is really bad. There is no worse thing than clearing a room silently, walking out, and having an enemy alert everyone by walking in from the room you literally just cleared, or by actually spawning 3 ft. in front of you. Really is game breaking for me.
  8. Oct 27, 2013
    At first I felt the critics were to harsh on this game considering I was still thoroughly enjoying it. However after countless hours of playing I have to say the critics were kind. This game has MAJOR flaws the number 1 flaw of this game is that the entire game is just grind ALL OF IT, it gives you the impression that the grinding will pay off eventually but it doesn't. You get no whereAt first I felt the critics were to harsh on this game considering I was still thoroughly enjoying it. However after countless hours of playing I have to say the critics were kind. This game has MAJOR flaws the number 1 flaw of this game is that the entire game is just grind ALL OF IT, it gives you the impression that the grinding will pay off eventually but it doesn't. You get no where there is no end game NOTHING, you just find a new weapon or a new character and level them up.

Another flaw is not really of the game but more the development team. The team is completely mis-staffed there is too many content creators and not enough people left to fix stuff, amongst the playerbase there is a popular opinion of the team that creates stuff isn't the team who fixes issues within the game. That is correct but the real issue is resource management.

Overall game design and direction come into play also. There seems to be a severe lack of clear direction when it comes to overall balance. At first they took the stand of every weapon should be balanced and compensated with mods. However now they seemed to have changed their view on it in favor of a tiering system that is utterly broken. Generally a tiering system works in a way that weapons that require higher stats out preform those with lower requirements. This is not the case it just appears to be random.

This is a f2p game afterall so the monization of content has to be questioned is it good, is it bad, inbetween? Answer, its misleading. As a new player in a F2p game the first thing I do is work out how much something costs a warframe will set you back an average of 20$ weapons around 10. That is just too expensive considering the games longevity solely depends on trying different weapons and warframes.

All of that being said there are still plenty of positives when it comes to this game. As other users have pointed out in much greater detail the mechanics and the sheer amount of fun that can be had whist playing in co-op are this games strong points whether they are strong enough to outweigh poor staff management and overall incompetence when it comes to game design. I don't know that is something people will have different opinions on.
  9. Sep 11, 2013
    I think the people making this game are a little greedy, The price of platinum is extreme. They need to make the levels playable for 1 player and they need a grouping system to help players meet. I have a few friends on steam but none like this game so I have to find other players playing a level then hope they decide to join with me in the levels i haven't completed. The level up systemI think the people making this game are a little greedy, The price of platinum is extreme. They need to make the levels playable for 1 player and they need a grouping system to help players meet. I have a few friends on steam but none like this game so I have to find other players playing a level then hope they decide to join with me in the levels i haven't completed. The level up system takes a while 20 odd hrs playing many levels over and over. Maybe I am not great at the game. I think they need to make the Warframes interact with the AI better too like in Ninja gaiden where you can jump on them. making melee attacks have more flow. I do like the graphics, I do like the gun customization. They should have tutorials or recommendations about how to level up Warframe, rifle, pistol, melee weapon.

Im not sure on the reward system but maybe Warframes should unlock instead of having to buy platinum play a level of each war frame ???

Also the menu for weapons should be suited to class, Why have a lvl 4 weapon when im level 2?

gave it a 7
    maybe 2/10 for price of platinum,
    7/10 for originality
    8/10 graphics
    10/10 for fun (when you find a good group of people to play with)
    7/10 for difficulty
    2/10 for sound effects that lady says the same thing over and over.
    4/10 for level layout. have to do levels over and over.
    0/10 game lobby (where is the game lobby)
    2/10 for tutorial maybe tutorial till you reach level 2 as in make level up easier until players know each element of the game

This game could be one of the best games but has a few things they need to improve on. Thus i havent yet invested into platinum as the short comings make me want to play other games

If they fix the issues i mentioned it will be more appealing to players, creating a larger community.
  10. Sep 12, 2013
    Very fun and entertaining, however no game is perfect and neither is Warframe. The melee combat in it's current state feels rather gimmicky, it really boils down to just mashing the melee button repeatedly until your enemy dies. Shooting fairs much better and it's satisfying to pick off your enemies from afar using the game's large arsenal, whether it be an automatic rifle or a good oldVery fun and entertaining, however no game is perfect and neither is Warframe. The melee combat in it's current state feels rather gimmicky, it really boils down to just mashing the melee button repeatedly until your enemy dies. Shooting fairs much better and it's satisfying to pick off your enemies from afar using the game's large arsenal, whether it be an automatic rifle or a good old fashioned bow. This leads me to my next problem with the game. I know that Digital Extremes has put in considerable effort into making newer environments for the game, however, it still isn't enough. Long range encounters are a rarity and it completely eliminates the need for you to ever touch the sniper rifle. Levels often take place in ships and tight corridors, which is still fun, but when overused in the way that warframe does, after a few sessions the game starts to feel like a grind, and you really get tired of the visuals, which is a shame considering Warframe has beautiful graphics, but it is marred by the repetitive art style and level design. Having said this, it still isn't enough to keep me from playing this game as it offers a great upgrade system of mods for weapons and warframe, as well and satisfying and responsive gunplay, you'll have no regrets jumping into this game, especially since the game is free and the devs are already starting to address the problems I have listed. Expand
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    The graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on goodThe graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on good systems... But so far, pretty nice! Give it a try! It only has 1,6 GB... I leave with a 6/10, to be changed in the future...

For now it is only "above average", nothing more, nothing less..
  12. Mar 30, 2013
    Combine Mass Effect with Diablo, add some ninjas, and Warframe is what comes out. Structured around 4-man instanced missions, Warframe has a large variety of map objectives with random secondaries being added during the mission. Overall, the randomization is pretty strong, piecing together gigantic levels that are easy to get lost in. Exploration is rewarded with rare mats, bonus cash, andCombine Mass Effect with Diablo, add some ninjas, and Warframe is what comes out. Structured around 4-man instanced missions, Warframe has a large variety of map objectives with random secondaries being added during the mission. Overall, the randomization is pretty strong, piecing together gigantic levels that are easy to get lost in. Exploration is rewarded with rare mats, bonus cash, and EXP for all your equipment. The leveling system doesn't increase the stats of your gear but instead how many mods you can slot into your equip (and how strong); combined with a low level cap of 30 (for each gear piece), it's easy for new players to jump in while veterans are rewarded with stronger mods. Everything in the cash shop, apart from skins & colors, are purchasable in game or are craftable. My only major complaint right now is that the environment variety is a bit slim. Overall, Warframe is a well balanced third person shooter with tons of customization and replay value. Expand
  13. Jun 6, 2013
    Forewarning this game is still in Open Beta expect bugs.

I've played about 50 hours. The premise is this game is very interesting, you are an assassin that can wear different suits known as "Warframes". These are essentially the different characters that you can play through the game. The gameplay is PvE which resembles Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with Crysis style suits and Diablo
    Forewarning this game is still in Open Beta expect bugs.

I've played about 50 hours.

The premise is this game is very interesting, you are an assassin that can wear different suits known as "Warframes". These are essentially the different characters that you can play through the game. The gameplay is PvE which resembles Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with Crysis style suits and Diablo style loot drops. Weapons and Warframes in this game can be bought with cash, in game currency, or built. Most weapons and Warframes can be made simply by farming the necessary resources. The progression of the game starts out quite slow as the grind to acquire materials and blueprints get quite tedious.

Warframe has severe balancing issues regarding the warframes themselves. Some warframes lack utility, while others are overpowered. Weapons also suffer from this same fate. Warframe introduces Mods to weapons, similar to perks in Call of Duty. Mods are also affected by a balance issue.

Bugs are quite apparent in gameplay and level design, which is to be expected from an open beta game. Warframe still has a lot of kinks which need to be ironed out before it can be a worthy title.

This game is supported through the purchase of platinum with can be used to purchase warframes and weapons. 75 platinum costs $5 USD, which cannot even cover costly warframes at 325 platinum. A warframe like Rhino for example would cost a ridiculous $20 USD! Platinum prices are too high, and are not competitive enough. I for one will not dump my money into something which rewards with so little value.

Overall the PvE is not compelling enough and lacks incentive to progress further into the game. Warframes are a hit and miss with some being fun, while others are utterly boring. Warframe does have potential, but expect a long road ahead.

Final score 6.5/10
  14. Jul 31, 2013
    The game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lotThe game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lot of customization you can do with your character. Granted without the ability to trade items with other players makes it a little harder to obtain some items, it does allow for a more satisfying feeling when you finally find the item that you've been wanting for awhile.

The game does feature an ingame store but I have yet to find a reason to actually use it. Most if not all of the items available in the store can be found in the game world, and seeing as the majority of content is PVE there really aren't too many things that could be considered overpowered.

It's a fun game and players should at least give it a chance before looking at the 69 that meta critic has given it.
  15. May 25, 2013
    Play it if you like or enjoy:
    Action Shoot+Slash games
    3rd person futuristic mecha character models Mod-able character and weapon abilities Free to Play with micro transactions for convenience A samurai/ninja motif for character weapons and abilities Keep playing it if you: Don't mind being limited in your resources or options based on cash transactions Don't mind grinding Have
    Play it if you like or enjoy:
    Action Shoot+Slash games
    3rd person futuristic mecha character models
    Mod-able character and weapon abilities
    Free to Play with micro transactions for convenience
    A samurai/ninja motif for character weapons and abilities

Keep playing it if you:
    Don't mind grinding
    Have friends who are also looking to play or if you can find a clan to join
    Can ignore occasional design elements that will frustrate you
    Don't mind relying on a RNG

Avoid it if you can't stand:
    Grinding
    No in game story
    Relying on a RNG
    Repetitive gameplay and enemies
    Being constantly reminded of the presence of micro transactions

This may be a beta, but short of giant sweeping changes to the entire game in regards to how it's played and structured, it could well be argued that what you see now is what you will see at release.
  16. Apr 29, 2015
    It's difficult to properly review a game like this, as it's in a constant state of flux.

I've been playing since open beta started, and have thousands of hours logged, so it must have something going for it. I enjoy the general aesthetic, and the controls/visuals/gunplay are very good. I'm mixed about melee, it's been updated but still feels like I'm flailing idiotically in front of

I enjoy the general aesthetic, and the controls/visuals/gunplay are very good. I'm mixed about melee, it's been updated but still feels like I'm flailing idiotically in front of enemies.

Warframe is a free-to-play game meaning the player has three options;

1. Grind and farm like a monkey.

2. Spend an unreasonable amount of money on in-game items.

3. Not give a sh*t about the former and just play the game anyway.

The grind in the game is sadistically, insultingly steep. As with most MMOs you will be expected to do the same thing over and over just to obtain whatever item it is you're after. In the space of two years I have noticed a steady increase in the 'grindyness' of the game. This may or may not be related to a Chinese chicken meat company owning a majority share of Digital Extremes.

The business model is fair however, the in-game currency can be traded with other players for certain in-game items, so you needn't spend a penny. Pay to win is not really a thing here, but as mentioned, the player needs to put time in (re: farm, and farm hard).

After all that farming you just did, you can craft items from blueprints you find in missions, or buy from the market using the non-premium in-game currency. Crafting time for items varies, but is repulsive. Weapons can take up to 12 to 24 hours, 'frames' (new suits/characters) have to be acquired in four parts; blueprint, chassis, helmet and systems. These drop randomly from bosses. RNG is a thing, and the drop rates are, again, repulsive. Each part takes 12 hours each to craft, and when they're all done, the suit proper can be crafted which takes 72 hours. You can 'rush' crafting using premium currency, or you can turn the game off for three days. This is to say nothing of the materials required to make each part. Again, found in missions, randomly, and dropped by specific enemies, or not, depending how lucky you are with RNG.

The cash shop is disgustingly expensive.

There are weekend events occasionally, but these have been showing a steady decrease in quality and are becoming more and more buggy, repetitive, dull, badly designed and poorly explained. As a veteran player, I find myself ignoring them completely. They are wretched, frustrating and a waste of time.

Developers promise to alleviate grind and improve quality of life for the player, then introduce double RNG grind footlongs and call it an exciting new feature.

Depending where you live in the world, connection problems exist. Warframe uses P2P, which often results in trainwrecks of lag-ridden, unplayable, bug-filled matches.

The game isn't optimized terribly well, and in my experience doesn't seem to like AMD hardware very much. It's updated regularly, though new iteration breaks something else. Hotfixes are released quickly, and their support team is excellent.

In the end, the crux of the game revolves around destroying enemies, upgrading weapons, destroying enemies slightly easier. and doing it all over again when a new Warframe or weapon comes out. It's shallow, repetitive and getting worse, so get in when you can. May as well give it a try, entry is free.
  17. Jul 29, 2013
    I played the game because I was seeking a Co-op experience with friends, and I'll admit I got quite a few hours put into it. After playing it, I wanted to create a review. I was really sick of seeing these polarized reviews of 10's or 0's because apparently giving a review is too difficult for some and would rather voice their bias to an extreme.

The graphics is one of the biggest

The graphics is one of the biggest pulling/attraction for Warframe and for good reason! Considering it was a F2P game as well, the graphics were on the high end. However, this can also be a con because not everyone has a great GFX. However, the graphics are only as good as what they put it on. Which goes to one of the biggest flaws of Warframe which is the lack of variety.

The game play of Warframe is fun for a while. You get a sword, four abilities, a gun and it is smooth for the most part. There are a few bugs, and there is a lack of sword combat (only a couple of moves). Until you get a new warframe "class", you'll be stuck with the same 4 abilities which does get boring. BUT, You get to parkour and be a ninja acrobat in space. It reminds me a lot of GunZ with all the free range of moving. Eventually you'll be using the exact same movements to get around and it'll just start feeling like a chore.

Warframe lacks in story and plot. It doesn't set in stone the lore through game play, it doesn't seem to reinforce much with the missions they do have, and it isn't very enthralling. You don't feel as epic as you should, and it creates this disinterest in the missions you're doing, which is already worse with their lack of variety(explained in the next paragraph). It is a weak plot which creates a lack of game missions to base off.

Warframe lacks in variety of maps and enemies. There are 3 types of enemies (Corpus/Robots, Infested/Aliens, and Grineer/Armored Aliens/Humanoids) and they only have about 5~ of each throughout the game. You see the exact same enemies throughout the game, with the same tactics but just stronger as you progress. The maps of the 3 types change a little which got me immersed in the first place. You get to see the 3 different environment types in the first couple of planets/missions. However, they didn't create anything more different in the later planets. They mix and match a little, however you'll start feeling you're seeing the exact same environment and it gets really repetitive of going through the same map over and over with just stronger/different enemies. There are 10 mission modes. The game types are very lack luster, you can go check the wiki or just play it. Either way, once you play the game modes once they're essentially always the EXACT SAME just on a different map (of the ones you played on already) with the other 2 enemy types. It get's repetitive and tedious. However, it's still a time sink like that and for me, I was able to play through multiple planets/lots of hours before I actually did get bored of it. On the other hand, there was a lack of strategy in the missions and they rarely changed within their missions, it was always the same kind of mission with no variety within itself.

One thing I was really excited for in this "Co-Op" game was the Boss fights. I loved games with boss fights like WoW Raids, BL2, etc. However, in Warframe, the Boss fights were EXTREMELY lackluster. You could practically just shoot and run in circles, and it would die. No strategy, hell you wouldn't even need to use your abilities.

Moving on to Warframe's customization. It is a long grind to get the "better" weapons and Warframes. I understand that from a F2P perspective, it was a "good" way, however the dev's did feel like kicking F2P on acquiring Warframes. You need to farm a boss for multiple pieces(hoping it'll drop) and have all the materials to create a warframe. However, the Devs I felt did a good job on the weapon aspect. The higher end better weapons of the game require actually farming/making the item, like the Flux Rifle which you CANNOT purchase. However, they are lacking in the variety of guns/weapons and they aren't totally different from each other. Some are just plain worse than others, which I would hope the devs will fix/improve later on.

I really enjoy their mod system, which you collect mods from random drops that can improve/change your weapons to make them better versus the enemies you encounter. It gives a lot of leeway to customization and the "best" mods require luck/grind which you CANNOT purchase. I think the unavailability of trading in Warframe is a good and bad, but I understand why it was not implemented. It would make grinding/farming for mods, materials, blueprints a lot less appealing and would get people to just buy them off each other which I would believe, ruin the game create a drop of play. However, you'll eventually realize what is the "best" mods agreed upon later on, but who cares (it goes for most games).

The game still does need polish, but it's a decent F2P but not worth spending
  18. May 16, 2013
    If you love deep weapon customization, sexy character creation, fast-paced gameplay, orgasmic graphics, repetitive level designs, and item drops then this game is for you. Warframe really shines when you have friends to play co-op with, sadly I have none.
  19. Jun 2, 2013
    Its a Okay game, Not bad, Not Good. Its repetitive and you basically do the same thing over and over and over and over again. Interesting design but not especially innovative.
  20. Jun 18, 2014
    Warframe is a free-to-play third person shooter, Sci-Fi game with an "alien" theme in it.

This game has one of the best variety of content even in comparison to some other games (some that aren't even F2Ps). Well, what do i exactly mean by that? What i liked about the game. - Large selection of 'Warframes' to choose from. 'Warframes' are exoskeleton suits that grants the user four

What i liked about the game.

- Large selection of 'Warframes' to choose from. 'Warframes' are exoskeleton suits that grants the user four different skills to choose from. Each Warframe has it's own unique abilities. However, don't let that fool you, as for the fact that the skill mechanics might seem a little similar. Skills are of course extremely satisfying to play around with.

-Unique & distinctive weapons options. With a huge arsenal at your disposal, the weapons in this game will definitely provide an endless amount of fun.

- The Movement mechanic in Warframe is also very special and distinctive. Any player is able to perform acrobatic feats, traveling from room to room in mere seconds.

What i didn't like about the game.

- Unfortunately, the developers of Warframe seem to have pricy microtransaction schemes in mind. Though some people might not agree that this is a "Pay To Win" title, an undeniable fact is that Warframe indirectly forces the player to purchase credits (or otherwise known as 'Platinum) in order to have a much enjoyable experience. Based on the fact that a player starts off with 2 Warframe Slots (Out of a total of 24 Warframes?) and a couple of weapon slots.

- Ridiculous weapon customization options. Weapons and Warframes in the game are enhanced in many different ways with the use of modification "cards", these cards take up "points" and the game only allows up to 60 points to be expendable on a single Warframe/Weapon. (Well, it'll be 30 if you don't have at least 20 Platinum)

- Missions in Warframes are reptitive and downright distasteful. It's either going around killing everyone in the house, saving a hostage or defending a stationary artifact.

All in all, Warframe is a decent game worth spending a little money with it's fast-paced action and as a great co-op game.

Rating: 7/10, "ok".
  21. Apr 28, 2013
    Nice game. Very fun gameplay, but there are not enough level differences. In that aspect it gets a bit boring sometimes.
    The game gets regular updates and is still being improved.

I think its worth a try. And the best of all, its free to play.
  22. Sep 20, 2013
    The entire game is dark, it's hard to see enemies.. they don't show up in mini radar either.
    The melee combat is very inaccurate unless you're stealth one-slash everything. If you use slash and you're standing up, you will hit the first strike and likely will miss the second because it makes you step forward. It's better if you crouch, but it's a hassle.
    As many people say, you can get
    As many people say, you can get most of the stuff in the game with crafting but it takes forever. The drop rates for components are pretty sad.
    If you don't like to wait you can pay real money(and expensive too) and have it, they might as well make this game a subscription thing.
    Although soloing is in the options, it would be very hard unless you already got great gears.
    The enemy variations are also few at the moment.
  23. Sep 23, 2013
    Popular opinion seems to be "OMG SPACE NINJAS THIS GAME IS AWESOME!"

But I really can't find anything much to like about the game, and their F2P pricing model is expensive so I couldn't possibly justify spending money to buy something interesting in an attempt to get into the game if I didn't have a butt load of other games to choose between.
  24. Apr 12, 2013
    I am going to say this once and only once, there are limits to a F2P game. If you think the game is polished,
    I say Enemy hitboxes are big, giving dafaq moments here and there. Also, clearly the single player or Digital Extreme's "Solo" is not so fun. Constant surges of higher leveled enemies on various other levels.
    Like MANY F2P, they shine for the first couple of hours or so. After
    Like MANY F2P, they shine for the first couple of hours or so. After that, you realize that nothing in the game is expectional, mediocre at the max. Though despite some bad things, it can be enjoyable from randomly generated maps that sadly are limited to same textures and cutting one thing there to here.
  25. May 7, 2015
    i have had this game since early closed beta. in closed and early open beta. the game was not a pay to win more like "event" to win. since then it has been a massive pay to win. if you refuse to pay you have to go with grinding against RNG + the fact they have made it under there control if you can get this certain item. this game was perfect in closed beta. DE is one of the most greedyi have had this game since early closed beta. in closed and early open beta. the game was not a pay to win more like "event" to win. since then it has been a massive pay to win. if you refuse to pay you have to go with grinding against RNG + the fact they have made it under there control if you can get this certain item. this game was perfect in closed beta. DE is one of the most greedy company and has used the pay to win style once everyone was brain washed into this mindset of not needed to pay to win Expand
  26. Jul 17, 2013
    The Bad:
    The Bad:
    There is very little PvP in the game, consider it mostly PvE where you join a group or try to solo instanced areas which seem to share almost the same layout. Levels are massive and filled with enemies, the storyline is non-existent and the community is about as childish as you'd expect. Not lasting fun if you play it without having a group of friends join you. Chat functionality sucks in this game, feels like it was designed in early 2000.

The Good:
    Game mechanics are balanced but challenging for level appropriate stuff. Solo missions are extremely difficult and you only get a certain number of revives (lives) per day which can be used if you die so that you dont' have to start the mission over from scratch. If you go into this with some friends and mostly just play with them, you'll have a lot of fun.

Typical Free-to-play setup for the game. Very much pay-to-win.
  27. Apr 9, 2013
    I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies
    I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies
    **** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies
  28. Apr 12, 2014
    Cant really dislike this game because its free. Having said that, there are plenty of other games out there and I did not enjoy the game enough to play it so being free was neither here nor there.

Graphics are ok. Some nice ideas and the odd gimmick such as wall running etc but the lack of control and immersion made it pretty bland for me. It feels very like a console game because

It feels very like a console game because of the pov you have. Think dead space one. Your positioned in third person with your own character taking up space in the foreground. It does have options to change the field of view and that works pretty well but although the game is well executed, for me it lacked depth and immersion.

It was ok. Giving it a rating which doesnt make excuses for the fact its free. If I had paid for it, I would be very unhappy but as it is. Its ok and worth a try. I suspect it will resonate more for some people than others.
  29. Sep 23, 2013
    Warframe is pretty, runs well even on lower end computers and has a wealth of content to play with from varying Warframes(basically classes like in any MMO that range from full out offense, defense and anything inbetween) along with a myriad of wacky looking weapons that still fit into the standards of Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Sword and the like. There are three enemy factions withWarframe is pretty, runs well even on lower end computers and has a wealth of content to play with from varying Warframes(basically classes like in any MMO that range from full out offense, defense and anything inbetween) along with a myriad of wacky looking weapons that still fit into the standards of Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Sword and the like. There are three enemy factions with varying units and tactics along with a wealth of randomly generated levels. However most of the environments end up looking very same-y. And the game becomes a massive grind for materials if you want to unlock anything beyond the standard gear you're given in the game. Everything costs Platinum to get but a few items, you can't even get any Warframes unless you either buy them for cash(the most expensive being 56 dollars American) or grinding for blueprints for individual pieces(which are not guaranteed drops) and then components(usually several hundred of varied just to build the constituent components) and then you need to grind for credits to buy ANOTHER blueprint so you can put them together. And the building is all real time cooldowns, usually 3 days just to BUILD your new Warframe or Sentinel(think familiar that shoots things) or Weapon. Which ALL start at level one with no abilities( you only earn mods through combat and they give you your abilities to use in game). Comparing this to a similar game style that is Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, it doesn't take you nearly as long to progress in unlocking content. Unless you don't mind a grind or have a massive amount of money, don't bother with this Skinner box of a game. It is one of the worst examples of "Pay2Play" I've seen in a while despite its fun(at first) combat and funky aesthetic. Also one more note, even with a 50mb download the game lags horribly most of the time. Expand
  30. Jan 30, 2014
    The game is really fun to play. The visuals are great, shooting and slashing feels great (and sometimes hilarious) and as of 2014 theres a good number of different enemies including a lot of bosses with very different strategies to beat them.
    But there are very few different levels to play in and only few very simple mission designs so everything gets old and very repetetive very fast.
    The game is still in Beta and kept my attention for couple weeks max.
  31. Sep 3, 2013
    Was nice during the beta. Each and every upgrade made it more and more unstable. Now it's almost unplayable. Many people even reporting DirectX problems. Sad because it was a nice game.
  32. Oct 29, 2013
    This game has a large potential and Digital Extremes know that so they update regally (With BIG updates)it has a really good idea behind it and all they have to do is master the execution then it will be brilliant!
  33. Feb 11, 2014
    pretty good game third person shooter with an emphasis on collecting materials to create better weapons. Unfortunately the game has several severe problems which i hope get gets issued in the future. Firstly the game is p2w you can buy all the equipment you want for the real currency BUT for the most part it's "all" available from farming. Problem with this logic is that there are a fewpretty good game third person shooter with an emphasis on collecting materials to create better weapons. Unfortunately the game has several severe problems which i hope get gets issued in the future. Firstly the game is p2w you can buy all the equipment you want for the real currency BUT for the most part it's "all" available from farming. Problem with this logic is that there are a few items including arguable the best warframe in the game vauban which aren't available from anything but alert missions which occur randomly every 40-70 minutes that drop blueprints from it and even then the chance of that mission giving a blueprint is next to nothing as of this post i've played the game for 150 hours and i've only seen the blue prints for a single piece of the frame being dropped and u need 3 pieces. Secondly the game requires catalyst or reactors to increase mod slots which are only available from paying real currency or extremely rare alert missions and aren't available anywhere as a drop.
    The equipment/warframes bought from the cash shop come preinstalled with one forcing players to pay or trade for real currency in order to actually maximize their equipment for end game otherwise ur losing out on half ur mod slots. Yes there is trading unfortunately this is horribly done firstly the trading system only allows u to trade mods, platnium which is the real currency and void keys. The 50 platnium given at the start of the game are untradable what this does is create a market where unless u've gotten platnium from someone else you can't purchase anything. As a result the trade chat is degraded to hundreds of sellers and few buyers making trading utterly useless since most mods aren't worth enough to even be a single plat.
    Lastly the biggest problem i have with this game is simply there is no reason to go solo, a single key will bring in 4 members of ur party, there is no difficulty increase like in other games and the difficulty of end game dungeons is easily circumvented by simply looking into the recruiting chat and joining a party of 4. This makes gearing up feel unsatisfying as u've probably already played the maps where you actually need to gear up in a party already making it a bit pointless to solo content. In order to fix this the game desperately needs maps that only allow soloing content as currently there's no incentive to do so over simply partying with someone else.
    The game's repetitive grinding and recycling the same 5 game modes might turn some players off but it is a f2p game so worth giving it a shot just don't be too disappointed
  34. Oct 10, 2013
    This game is fun for a while but then the slow grind or need to drop major cash to compete makes it decidedly less fun. Give it a try but don't expect to hang long.
  35. Mar 10, 2014
    Review 2
    Review 2
    Warframe is an interesting game to say the least. Very polished gameplay, fluid movement and combat. Not to mention the badass armor,swords, and freaky looking enemies. You can also fight across planets in our own solar system. The games basically ninjas in space. Sadly, like most other free-to-plays, it has a special currency (platinum) that you have to buy, and most of the equipment, armor, and weapons require said currency. Yes , there is money that you earn through missions and killing enemies, but it's only use is to buy blueprints for the armor and weapons,ext. Once you've acquired those blueprints, you then need to farm enemies and repeat missions to earn the supplies, and each planet has particular components for the blueprints. I'm stuck on this clan key I have to build. I need 31 more polymer bundles, so I do this one mission over and over for them. But after 5 times, I don't get a single one. And I could waste all of the platinum I received in the beginning for it, but it will only let me buy 300 of them. Oh, and you receive 50 platinum platinum in the beginning, but there is nothing that costs 50 platinum or less, besides a few trifles and things that regenerate automatically. Therefore, I think Warframe is just a bit over-average.
  36. Jun 5, 2014
    Networking issues as far as the eye can see, gameplay reforms from 1.0 to 2.0 everywhere, re-re-re-reused content, server downtimes, flat difficulty scaling, huge amounts of grind required.. One can argue that Warframe is unrefined and not ready for release.

And they would be right
  37. Jul 13, 2016
    Warframe is full of awesome suits, flashy abilities and enemies who apparently skipped leg-days, mixing them together into something that is pretty dumb, but also pretty fun to play.
  38. Feb 26, 2016
    This game is 99% grind. That wouldn't be a problem if there was some sort of endgame to grind towards, some kind of goal. But no, the grind happens IN the endgame and there's honestly not much of it.
    Grind hieracon for credits. Grind the same 4 void missions for prime parts. Grind the most tedious mission types to get mods nowhere else available (or buy them with platinum/real money *wink*). Gimp your frame with a lame game mechanic to grind mods you need (to grind some more) in orokin voids. There's three enemy factions, they're all retarded and boring. AI is nonexistant, enemy scaling requires exploits to farm effectively. Several frames and most of the weapons are underpowered. "The devs play the game" but they don't care half as much as their marketing department wants you to believe.
  39. Apr 30, 2013
    The game, for the first started out as very nice, and then suddenly became very boring and repetitive. The three enemy classes are just copy pasted everywhere on repetitive missions.
    The community consists of piss poor people who can't afford hardware upgrades. 8 out of 10 matches you see are horridly laggy to the point where you can just go afk and earn credit/experience rewards. You quite often see posts like 'omg performance so poor I have dual core/pentium/integrated chipset etc etc'. Horrible scaling with even decent hardware. With several enemies on screen, I with an i7 3930k 4.0Ghz,GTX-Titan see drops to 25fps. Horrible optimization. GPU usage never goes above 20%.
    People say they're the best devs, but they can't even fix an annoying issue like screen shake. They're worse than Crytek in all respects.
    Totally unbalanced weapons, and a weak mod system which requires begging to God and non-stop 24/7 grinding. Meleeing feels weak at best.
    Solo mode spawns soo many enemies on you, and most of the smaller units stunlock you before you can move a muscle.
    I am surprised at people who spent 250$ on a grand master package in which they could have easily afforded a better system. Its seriously laughable.

1. Sep 11, 2014
    The idea with the Tamagotchi-space-dogs is already absolutely amazing.
  2. Feb 27, 2014
    One year and twelve updates in, Warframe appears to be a solid action game leveraging really excellent technology to create a fun and engaging experience. There are still some rough edges and many opportunities to amp up the variety of content, but with a compelling world and addictive, twitchy action, Warframe has a lot to offer.
  3. With the lack of a Pay to Win system and easy engagement for new players, Warframe offers some quality time.