8.0

1. Apr 2, 2013
    Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. One of the best free to play games I've played. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo.
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    *CLAPS* nicely done.... Crisis had sex with ninja gaiden and forth bread Warframe :D Lol that's how i see it anyways love it addicted to it, became my new daily play game XD
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    I've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) The leveling system recently underwent a massive change, which made the game more challenging. It also opened up a much wider spectrum of upgrade possibilities than was available previously. The game still has some small room for improvement, but it is a heck of a lot of fun to play--and it's FREE!! Strongly recommended. Expand
  4. Mar 28, 2013
    Fun, fast-paced combat, strong tactical elements, good graphics, and it's very easy to run. Plus, co-op online games are hard to come by. Awesome art direction; it kind of reminds me of the Rengoku psp games, but obviously with higher production values. And this is free! You really can't go wrong with free, especially since the game so far seems to be genuinely high quality. Don't let the people who play the first two missions and dislike it discourage you; the first couple missions are basically extended tutorials, and are kind of boring. It starts ramping up after that. Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2013
    a great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as they add more to the game keeping it fresh. it is well worth downloading and hey its free and still better than a lot of games coming out now for cash Expand
  6. Mar 28, 2013
    Really fun game, really fast-paced, and with a shockingly good style. It doesn't feel like a free game at all; it's polished and responsive. However, it is free. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but not enough for me to bother knocking off a point. It's also only like 1.2 GB, so the download is fast. Usually games with small downloads have either minimal content, or bad graphics. Not the case here; there's tons of content, and the graphics are actually quite impressive. It looks better in person than the screenshots do, because of all the nice specular effects, reflections, and glowing things.

Also, you can wall-run, and it doesn't even feel like a cheap anime wall-run. Any game that manages to make wall-running seem serious and realistic deserves cookies.

Keep in mind, I also enjoyed Rengoku and Dark Souls, two games known for requiring long, difficult persistence to get anywhere meaningful, so this game may seem monotonous to you if you played Dark Souls or Rengoku and thought they were boring.
  7. Apr 12, 2013
    Beta is beta people.. I was playing the game back when every mission had roughtly the same content so I waited a couple weeks and now there's a ton of new scenery. Thats kind of how beta's work, they are actively adding content to the game so reserve your negative reviews till launch. Then they are valid. Moving on, warframe is kind of the sweet spot for me and I am guessing a lot of gamers. First off having a coop only game was a pretty bold move and I would say it's a resounding success, so kudo's for that. While this game does make you wonder how cool pvp would be it still stands, imo, solidly as it is. I love so far how the game unfolds and how you slowly discover abilities of the warframe as you gain familiarity especially as regards advanced wallrunning and combat. Last night I realized I could power up my main abilities by fusing mods so I torqued up a sprint mod and got in a higher lvl mission with some more experienced players. I was flying through the objectives doing crazy wall running trying to keep up with these guys who knew all the shortcuts.. So much fun, being a space ninja has never been this badass. The art style is reminiscent of manga, but in a good way, because some manga is terri-bad. There is a nice diversity of warframes, weapons and playstyles available which should keep things interesting for some time. Also new content like dojos, clan structering, etc.. is in the works. The f2p model is working for me so far though expect to grind for new stuff which instead of buying outright you buy a blueprint for and then find crafting materials on missions to create content in your foundry, a main menu crafting screen.
    The high pointsfor me here are the slick art direction and music, space ninja theme in a variety of deadly flavors(stealth to hulk) and rpg elements that hardcore gamers crave. I don't knowk, games tend to all go stale on me after two months so if I at least get that I'm happy and I expect too. Play this game!
  8. Jul 19, 2013
    Space ninjas jumping off walls and kicking butt! whats not to like? the graphics are great and the level of combat is awesome.. people say that the cash shop is expensive but aside from the colors and cosmetics EVERYTHING can be earned by playing the game... the only downside I have seen is grinding (isn't every mmo game like that?) anyways because of that I would have gave this game like 8..mabey 9 but I gave it 10 because the developers that made this game LISTEN to the players! unlike sooo many others... Expand
  9. Mar 28, 2013
    One of my favorite online games at the moment, and guess what, ITS FREE! Love everything about this game, graphics are beautiful, gameplay is simple and very addictive, the online works very well when joining squads, customization is of a high standard and there's lots of different tenno's to play with and weapons also. I say, when you've got a good feel of the game and are doing well, buy some platinum to spend on new things, because hey, honestly, I would have payed around $50 dollars if this game wasn't a free to play game. Amazing game, free and enjoyable! Download it! Expand
  10. Jun 3, 2013
    Let me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think the grinding and crafting systems are harsh, let me tell you you haven't played enough F2P games.
    You should take Warframe for what it is- a run'n'gun time with friends whenever you have a break. and how comes none mentioned the stunning particle effects? It looks like a tech demo at times!
  11. Apr 3, 2013
    Free to Play, great graphics, new updates pretty often and great gameplay. Looks like they are developing a lot of depth to the game with each large update they do. It will be fascinating to see this game evolve over the coming months. I can't wait to see what they add next. The first release of the game started pretty light on the content, but after a few updates, it's not getting a lot heavier on the content and art sets. It's worth checking to see if it's your cup of tea. Expand
  12. Apr 3, 2013
    Warframe is a nicely done sci-fi hack-and slash third-person shooter with lots of customization options and replayability.
    Each Warframe has 4 abilities and can be equipped with lots of passive upgrades, called mods, which drop randomly from enemies.
    Everything in this game can be bought with ingame money, as well as real money.
    The level-design remembers me somehow of Lego, as there
    are finished rooms which are put together randomly every level to make every level unique.
    The AI is pretty good, too.Enemys are trying to take cover most of the time and barely stand out in the open.
    It actually has no story yet, but that doesnt really matter, as it is still a lot of fun, specially with friends, to slice/shoot your way through hordes of enemys.
  13. Jun 1, 2013
    It is the greatest game I have played since.... I don't know. Its 100000% worth checking out, especially for a f2p. Its in beta and the devs really listen to your ideas on the forums. If you have a thread that lots of people agree with, the devs take a look at it. I have a thread that has over 112 rep in it, and the devs have noticed it. Its great.
  14. Jun 3, 2013
    What I like about the game: Visual is important, and this game freakin’ delivers. It’s beautiful from loading to menus to actual game play. If it looks like crap to you, get a new pc. It’s extreme sci-fi with laser gun fighting ninjas. Yea, no kidding. I like the over-the-shoulder play style, and the melee is a BLAST! This is because the second best piece of this game is the fluidity in player movement. You can move with basic controls forward, back, left, right, mouse to aim or combine keys for additional moves like sprinting into a slide (which btw, makes you look awesome), jumping on the back of enemies to slit their throats, and even wall-walking. When you start off, you can choose between three ‘classes’ and after a short tutorial, you’re careening through the solar system. The Lotus system is decent, the objective map is helpful, and the enemies aren’t complete morons they’ll duck and hide and move according to where you are and hiding. Not to mention, the upgrade options for your warframe and weapons are simple to use and fun and there’s always blueprints you can find or purchase to build with components you find in certain parts of the system. God dang, there’s too much to say!! There’s clans you can create with your own clan dojo, you can play with friends (up to 4 at a time), solo or join random players. There’s a market to buy and trade stuff and.. and… and…. it’s friggin' ninjas in the future with dyable suits!!! Did I mention this game is free? 100% free? Free to download, free to play, free to level. Paying only speeds up advantages you’ll otherwise find yourself. OH… and it’s run through Steam! cheers!

What I don’t like about the game: Sometimes the Lotus chick feeding you info is dumb and annoying and tends to repeat the same things map after map. This is a small complaint though, because even if her comments aren’t exactly original, they are helpful and accurate. There is a lot to learn in a short amount of time what storage containers and canisters do, what the objects are for (cuz there’s a crap ton), and dealing with the menus. None of these are deal breakers however, they just require a slight learning curve. The only thing that drives me crazy over this game is the lighting contrast. In some ships it’s meant to be dark and it’s a little difficult to navigate through. But then in training sequences or promotions, the blinding WHITE is painful and most of us (friends included) just sped through it to make the bleeding from our eyeballs stop!

Would I recommend it: It’s FRIGGIN free!!! What is wrong with you? Login to Steam, search for it and download it. No seriously. NOW. Even if you hate it, it’s worth a try. Please note: It’s currently in Beta and updates frequently, but for a Beta it’s very complete and you won’t give a crap.

//Made G-Rated for Metacritic
  15. Jun 23, 2013
    A very solid game, even for a beta.
    This is a third person shooter set in space. What you got is a "space ninja" fighting three different factions.
    Game is mission-based in that you pick a mission and you join others if a room is available or play by yourself till someone joins. You can also play the entire game in solo.

Currently game is in beta and it is getting huge updates
    bi-weekly. Despite being in beta, almost all the bugs, glitches and exploits are fixed immediately.

Some may be put off by rather high cost of cash shop items but it is ENTIRELY optional and this game is NOT pay2win. All the items you can buy with money can be farmed. Only things that can only be obtained through cash is inventory size and purely cosmetic stuff (colour and decorations).

Do not trust the "critic reviews" as this game is not really released yet and it seems only unknown reviewers have criticized this game. I respect that all the big names are holding their votes till the game is fully released.

Give this game a shot, it is completely free to make an account and start playing.
    I have spent 400 hours since mid-April and every single moment was a joy.
  16. Jul 8, 2013
    ich finde das spiel echt genial wenn man sich seine 20 stunden yeit nimmt um es kennen zu lernen es gibt ständig events coole waffen hammer skills und eine gute flüßige spielweise es errinert mich ein wenig an GUNZ Online nur das dies hier viel gelungender ist
  17. Jul 20, 2013
    Been playing this game since open beta weekend. The developer team is pretty awesome, and patch quit often to fix any bugs that make it out into the open. They also listen to their community and take into consideration a lot of good feed back.

The ONLY downside to this game is that there are a lot of people in the community that like to complain, but if you can get passed that, you get
    to play a solid, well polished game, that looks more like a triple A game than a indie game.

On a side note, I find it irritating that this game has a review already, and the only somewhat valid reason this game has a rating is that they are selling in game products, but that is easily shot down when you take into consideration other games being pre-ordered, and green-light games.

If anything, give this game a try. Decide for yourself by doing a little research at the Warframe wiki while you play. You aren't wasting anything but time since its a F2P.
  18. Apr 4, 2013
    its free to play yes and its great not thats its better than farcry 3 but good for f2p good graphic the gameplay is very good it isent that hard and just good for f2p.
    only your weapen outfit is hard to pick beacose they made it but you will get it later.
    so its free so go try it why not only 1.2 gb so why not its 4 player coop and just great
  19. Jul 6, 2013
    It's a shame that the critic scores were written early on in the BETA stages of the game, as most of the problems have been addressed....but hey.

As for the game itself, It's nothing short of amazing value for money (Although I personally have upgraded to the Grand Master founders pack, so I've strayed off the 'free to play' path somewhat..) but if anything, the fact I've forked over
    $287 is frankly all the review this game needs (from my opinion)

It's unique, fun, and fast paced.

It has explosions, lasers, and flamethowers.

Robotic chickens, space zombies, and ninjas. What else could you want? Wall running? We have that....anything else? Ask for it. The development team on this game is the best I've ever worked with (Yes, I say worked with because I've helped build one of the warframes about to be released, as a member of the design council) and they are nothing short of amazing in terms of dedication and commitment to players, with regular updates, livestreams, and activity on the forums.

I would preach about the gameplay more, but come on, it's f2p, go try it. What do you have to lose?
  20. Jul 4, 2013
    Don't listen to the haters, give this game a try. It is free to play so you are not going to lose anything, the game is pve focused with the option of pvp in your clan's Dojo. There are many warframes to chose from, but only 3 starter ones at first. The crafting mechanic in this game is truly wonderful.

The storyline is okay, not great but doesn't suck either. Boss fights can get
    interesting, and the amount of mods you can put on your weapon's is immense. The game is still in beta, but that does not mean you should ignore, and by no means is the critics score of 69 proper. Clearly those review sites are all corrupt, especially IGN. Ask your self this: Why do the users give this game pretty much a score of an 80 (B) when the critics give it a 69 (F)?

This is the kind of game that is really simple and a great way to release stress, no one cares about kdr or killcount. And the best part is that the company ACTUALLY LISTENS to its user base. In fact some of the new Warframes that come out have names chosen by the players and powers chosen by the players. So go out and download it either through Steam or their Website.
  21. May 27, 2013
    No huge, expensive CG cutscenes, distracting storylines or clunky tutorials here. What you get here is some real fun, raw map grinding that you can immediately get right into and go with. And its wrapped around a really cool combat and movement engine that makes you feel really free moving around the map, and often leaves that feeling of "how did I just do that?!?" There is certainly a pay-to-advance aspect to the game that allows you to double your upgrade slots faster with cash or outright buy equipment to avoid building it. But there are plenty of things in the game you can't buy, like dojo upgrades. On top of all the fun, there is currently some glitchy physics that are outright hilarious sometimes and I hope they honestly never remove them. Namely these are when you pin mobs with railguns and their bodies start freaking out.
    It's a little harder to play solo than with other people and the game certainly emphasizes team play. But even if you're a lone wolf, the public system for teams is decent, albeit a little buggy at times. Lag synchronization between players with latency issues is pretty solid at not disconnecting you usually and most times won't get you killed. But it is still an issue at times and hopefully they can optimize that as more players come in.
  22. Jun 4, 2013
    Warframe drops you into a world of Dead Space with Ninjas. The combat is so grasping, that once you've picked up this ftp, its hard to put it down. Vast weapon choices and combat mechanics make the game more than just addicting, even solo. But with up to 3 other friends (many more per clan), the multiple game modes, and new Clan Dojo feature, cooperative play is a key element. While a small lack of enemy types, and environments bring the game down, the future of this games beta, and (hopefully) soon release, will be sure to please. Expand
  23. Aug 15, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played. Ignore the critics, they've reviewed this game while it was still in development, so they have missed out on a lot that has and will be added. It's currently in beta, but when it gets released I'm sure it will be brilliant. The graphics are on par with massive games like Battlefield 3 and Assassins Creed 3. The gameplay is varied a lot, with different missions, varying objectives, randomised changes within missions, appearances from unexpected enemies and more. Expand
  24. Jun 23, 2013
    Warframe has amazing gameplay and is a lot of fun to play with your friends since it is co-op based but if played by yourself, it doesn't have the same feeling but is still fun to play. Warframe is definitely one of the best free to play games in my opinion and wont disappoint you, if you want to try it out.
  25. Jul 6, 2013
    Don't be fooled by the disgraceful reviews of the "big" reviewers like IGN and gamestop or whatever, but this game is amazing, especially for free to play. You feel in control and can chop your enemies down using some skills you obtain, you can change colours of your character, get new skill's and mods for your weapons, helmets etc. Now don't get me wrong, these things come at a price, quite a large price too, i totally recommend this game, it's fun and can have a blast with friends. to be honest, i would rate this game a 8 out of 10 for some flaws, but i am disgusted of how the "big" reviewers have rated this game, so i just want to back it up a bit. Expand
  26. Jul 14, 2013
    I've been playin Warframe for some hundreds hours now and guess what? I'm still pretty enjoyed. DE never stops to surprise us throughout months and updates. I've converted every of my friends to it and even if i'm the one burning "platinums" credits, we all enjoy the game every time we got 30mins to kill.

As said below, Warframe has some issuess, mainly in its cost when you decide to go
    for it. Nevertheless it's totally optional as far as you can get everything in alerts (bonus missions) and daily rewards. You can easily have a new warframe in some hours if you don't feel right to buy it.

The game is still Beta but don't stick to it that's just a word ^^ Bugs were fixed long time ago even if still happen once every fifty mission i play.. There nothing to be afraid of. Just enjoy the show.
  27. Jul 19, 2013
    Most of the current reviews are based on VERY early beta or even late alpha versions of this game. I just wanted to post a CURRENT review, based on the game as of late July, 2013. The developer is extremely involved and dedicated to this game and its community. The game is in a totally different place than what most of these reviewers saw and it is headed for great things. The gameplay is solid, graphics and sound are current, tons of features being added all the time, weekly patches and updates; The game is solid now and worth spending a few on, once it is out of 'beta' a few months from now I see easily spending a standard $60 retail on this game. The game is free to play, and to unlock some of the better content requires a time investment but the game is fun as is and the 'grind' does not really feel like one, especially if you join with some friends or join a clan. The game is only currently lacking in story/lore content but this is becoming a primary focus and we should see a lot from that side soon, in the next few updates. I would recommend this game to anyone that is a fan of FPS (shooter) PVE/RPG games. Counter strike PVP focus gamers need not apply. Expand
  28. Jul 11, 2013
    This is by far one of the very best games on steam, WARNING! highly addictive and may require all of your down time lol.
    This game is an ever evolving game that gets updates with new guns, melee weapons, warframe characters and levels. We just had a special weekend event the whole community completed and all that participated got a rare never again available sniper rifle. I so love the
    game and i highly recommend it. Expand
  29. May 5, 2013
    When I started playing this game, it was in closed Beta. Presently in open Beta, but the polish on this game is amazing, and it will take you a while to realize this isn't even a final product. They've yet to implement the story, they're still a week or two from fully realizing their plans for player-made Clans, but the mix of gunplay, hand-to-hand dismemberment, and frightfully effective abilities gives an extremely solid combat. Personally, the only downside that occasionally gives me issues is the present peer-to-peer hosting system, which can get laggy if you've had a bad host. Beyond that, it's a free game that has no where to go but up and is climbing its way there with all the passion the devoted development team can muster. Expand
  30. Aug 19, 2013
    I have 250 hours on this game and I purchase the Founders pack. I can honestly say that this is the kind of game you either love or hate. It is a great game to pick up with your buddies and go for it. Who doesn't love to shoot robots, aliens and clones? Better yet, if you master things like wall-running, its a whole different experience as a player. My advise to you...why are you looking at Metascore? Go play the damn thing and judge for yourself before you judge by reviews. Expand
  31. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warframe (2013)

What a solid, breathtaking F2P game in the current-gen gaming industry.
    The visuals are way stunning that most paid-games these days, just the ambient glow and gloss-finish feel of the light reflecting off the weapons, walls and Warframe makes me open my mouth in awe.

This game however, does require some intellect as in confuses first timers with lots of stuffs thrown at them. Just like a crash-course. The currency in this game requires 1) in-game free money 2) 'Platinums' a purchasable currency via Steam.

Lastly, this game has pretty decent update from time to time, it keeps getting better and finer.

Just a few hours spent on it and I can feel that it should be one of the top F2Ps for year 2013.

Definitely worth a try!!
  32. Sep 5, 2013
    Official reviews don't do it justice. This game rocks!
    Ninjas
    Guns
    RPG
    Awesome

Seriously.... play it.

You're not playing it. Just play it.
    It's free
  33. Sep 4, 2013
    when you hate this game, you better just leave and even dont review the game !
    some kind of bugs but for the rest great job, keep it up to date!

it's a great shooting game where you need to work together, some things aren't balanced yet, and for the graphics isn't a recommended game, just for the gameplay.
  34. Apr 2, 2013
    First of i would like to say that this game is still in open beta, even if it is on steam. With that being said, they aren't done adding stuff to it.

This game is like mixture Mass Effect 3, Diablo, and Vanquish. The shooting mechanics are simple yet not to easy, with a wide range of weapons (Both melee and firearms) it is easy to take down any boss if you are actually good. Weapons are
    similar to the designs of the real world but still get there own hyper futuristic spin on it. The scenery of the levels are very detailed in what a ship would look like and it helps immerse you into the whole space ninja vibe.

Currently there are only 6 map types. 3 of which are used for every other mission and the other 3 for defense missions. People complain that its repetitve because of seeing the same levels over and over again. Well its still in beta, the devs are still working on more.

The sound fits perfectly but one thing i could not get my mind off is that the bosses speak another language but the foot soldiers speak English.

The mod system is pretty basic and also very entertaining. It upgrades your stats and is also like a trading card game (trade system is said to be coming soon). they also drop randomly from missions and can be put together to enhance another mod.

The game is called Warframe because of these battle suits. But they are all so different in there own way. The powers they contain (or Skills) are diverse and always help out someway on the battlefield. there are about 13 and all of them can be purchased with real cash or built by buying there blueprints with in-game money. It takes sometime to build these weapons and warframes but if you want to rush the process use real cash to get it anytime you want.

Lots of people have complaints about the cash parts of the game, with everything thats purchasable with cash can also be gotten within time for free, so those prices are pretty fair (coming from a bargain hunter not a fan)

this game deserves a 9 but since its in open beta and bound to have problems in some way, ill give it its worthy 10, in full release i will give it an actual review

(update from my last review sorry)
  35. May 29, 2013
    Nice game to relax and spent 2-3 hours per day ^___________^ Free to play and all goods can be crafted without donate. 2 base warframe slots and 8 base weapon slots is good to try game.
  36. May 18, 2013
    Graphic is nice, game-play is a little bit lacking of challenge and variability but the team is keeping updating new stuffs. It's still ongoing the open beta so It's acceptable for me when game crashes or bug comes out.

The most important part is: IT'S FREE.

Actually, even there are some "platinum" can be bought with steam wallet and be used to purchase in-game weapons and items
    directly, the only thing that can make me to pay are extra slots to storage new weapons and new character. The Most of in-game items can be built with blueprint and material which randomly dropped from defeated enemies, and it's fun to gather those stuff across the universe.

Anyway, It's free. so go try it.
  37. May 30, 2013
    I've been playing it for a few months and I love it. The combat is smooth and fast paced and it can easily be single player or co-op. People only dislike it because it repeats the maps but with different doors. With fast paced action and ninja like moves(wall runs, wall slide, wall climb, etc) and a wide selection of craftable weapons, Warframe is a must have
  38. Jun 1, 2013
    This game is solid, great mechanics and functionality. Melee isn't as great as it could be, but not enough of an issue to matter much at all. The only downside is the large expense of using the store, the actual, real-life money store, I mean. It's actually completely unnecessary, as everything in the game can be found without buying it, but it can make the game easier in the beginning.
    Otherwise: zero issues.
  39. Jun 11, 2013
    What the game is like: It's a coop 3rd person space shooter. The game is very simpler in play style to Mass Effect combat. The play moves fast and your character can do a lot of flips and wall running and other cool ninja moves. A lot of the fun of the game is learning new acrobatic tricks to try out, but they can be challenging. Fortunately, if you just want to run around, you can still do that.

You get different warframes which have cool abilities, which you can level up and mix and match (although each frame has 4 unique abilities to set them apart from one another.) Weapons also level and have equipable mods, which allow you to tailor them a bit for different missions.

There are several different missions styles, from assassinatino, rescuing a hostage and defense missisons (and several more). Most missions you run around epic industrial complexes or giant space ships.

Pros: Team combat. Challenging, but slow learning curve so it's not hard to get started. Fast paced combat. I have a lot of fun playing this game. It's very stylish. The artwork is quite impressive and you can customize the appearance of your equipment to look really cool.

Cons: I played the beta, so the UI is buggy and not all that intuitive, but you get used to it. There is still a fairly major problem of randomly falling through the floor, which happens about once every 30 games or so. I sincerely think that they will fix both of these problems by the final release.
  40. Jun 13, 2013
    Warframe hits a very appealing concept. Space Ninjas, running on walls and sliding and slashing away at Aliens, zombie-like creatures, and robots. A concept no doubt many of us have though of as children, visualized in a very cool, and ambitious way. But how does the game itself fair? Well, it depends on the point of view honestly. I came into the game knowing very little about it and so my expectations weren't set high by any means. But what I got, was a visual treat with some fast but smooth gameplay.

Graphics: This folks, is what the next generation looks like. Everything from insane lighting, amazing particle effects, and fantastic textures. The game is truly awesome to look at. Which is a good thing because one of the faults the game bears is reputation in environments. The game boasts a Random Level Generator to ensure gameplay is varied, but it is not uncommon to see the same room in the same mission, over, and over again. While most of the scenery consists of tight corridors and semi-large rooms, it can become a little redundant after just a few hours of playing.

Gameplay: The gameplay is extremely fluent and easy to use. Whether you are going down sights with a sniper, blasting away with one of the many assault riffles, silently picking off foes at a distance using the tactical bow, or getting nitty and gritty with the crowd as you slash, hack, or smash with one of the dozen or more melee weapons. It all happens without missing a beat and with very, very minimal lag. At the core of every great third person action game has to be solid controls, and this game nails it. Making even more complicated maneuvers, such as running on a wall, flipping off of it, spinning in the air and slamming down onto the ground possible with just a few presses of a button, making it a welcoming experience for newcomers.

Story: The game has very little to offer in the ways of a story as where the main goal of the game is to team up with 3 or less friends and take on "Space Dungeons" killing everything in your way as you ransack the ship for loot and money. In fact most of the story is told in the Tutorial. Does this make the game bad? Not at all, just as long as you don't go into the game expecting an epic single-player story.

Free to Play: The game is, by definition, free to play. Nearly every feature in the game is available to the player without the use of microtransactions. As long as you don't mind spending Hours upon Hours of grinding to get the parts you need to build your new toys. That being said, if you do choose to use real money to push your way up to the front and buy a new Warframe (playable character) or weapon, or countless other items, just know that the in-game store is one of the most expensive out there. For example, buying a new Warframe can run you anywhere from $10-$25 depending on the chosen Warframe and whether or not it has any sales. But remember, that is merely an option. It is possible to unlock EVERY Warframe without the use of real cash.

Overall: I personally enjoy playing this game, I have spend well over 70+ hours on it, and don't plan on quitting any time soon. In my opinion this game sets a new standard for Free to Play games, showing what can be done and should be done. With the amazing graphics, silky smooth gameplay, and kickass action. With only a few minor gripes being an expensive in-game store that doesn't Need to be used, and the repetition of layouts and levels. But do keep in mind this game is still technically in Beta. So considering all it gives with very little draw back, it would be really hard to pass this game up for any reason. So that is why I rated this game a solid 9.0. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and if you want more you can find me on YouTube under the channel name: AgniKai343

-Casey
  41. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is a really great. Very unique setting. Cool gunplay, melee combat. Art is amazing. I don't think anyone has pulled off space ninjas/samurai yet, but they have there. Good RPG elements and character (warframe) optimization. Fair free to play model. You can have a load of fun for NOTHING. I don't think much is not available for a FTP player willing to put in the time. Highly recommended. Critic scores on Metacritic are completely bogus, as usual. If you like shooters, think a progressive element with a lot of optimization and choice is fun, and want a setting that is actually new, look no further. Oh! Even runs well on older machines in my experience! I have some 5 year old middle end AMD/ATI gaming computers that run is very well. Your mileage may vary, but for how cool it looks I'm impressed. Expand
  42. Jul 7, 2013
    Gameplay :

Between a cooperative 3rd Person Shooter with rifles, pistols, etc... and an Hack n' Slash with swords, daggers and axes. You can fight with your guns while aiming for heads or go in the middle of the fight with your melee weapon and cut enemies with charged attacks, whatever fit your style. Same goes for the warframes, take a Trinity to support your allies, a Loki to do it
    the assassin's way, or an Ember to throw fireballs on enemies just for the fun. There is a lot of diversity in the weapons and warframes, and as if it wasn't enough, you can customize your weapons or warframes with the mods. The mod system makes you able to have fully advantage of your weapons or warframe by making those fit even more your play style. Also, all the weapons being craftable using the ressources and blueprints you can find while playing, you don't need to waste money on platinum (except if you can't wait a few hours for your weapon to be crafted). The sentinels are also a great thing that can help you a lot in missions, but i think the game is maybe lacking a bit in diversity there with currently 3 sentinels. Talking about the lacks, there isn't so much different enemies, especially for Corpus and Infestation. A few new enemies in each class will be needed in the future. Same goes for the Defense maps, there aren't so much of those currently. Also, having a few new missions for low-levels on Mercury would be nice. So, a bit more content in the next updates would be more than appreciated, and essential before the end of the beta.

Also, there isn't a pay-to-win system in this game, but more a pay-to-win-faster, as you can get everything except some cosmetics (so, yeah not useful), Warframe slots and Weapons slots by playing, farming ressources, etc... For the Warframe and weapons slots, it's not that much of a problem, since you start with 50 platinum on your account, which is enough for you to buy either :
    - 2 warframe slots
    - 1 warframe slot and 4 weapon slots
    - 6 weapon slots
    And since you start with 2 warframe slots and 8 weapon slots, that isn't much of a problem. 3 warframes and 7-8 weapons should be enough for most of people.

Graphics :

The graphics are more than decent. If you want to see what they look like, feel free to search for videos of the game on youtube.
    The only problem is that they might be a bit repetitive, yet, but there is always new things added in patches, so it's becoming less of a problem.

Conclusion :

A good F2P that has big chances of becoming a really nice game once finished. Good points being it's gameplay and the fact you don't have to buy things with real money (as in many other f2p games) The main default of the beta being the bugs, but those are getting corrected once the game is finished and that there is a bit more content, it will be more than ok. Also, maybe some changes to the current session hosting system would be nice.

Rating 5/5 (i took the fact it's still a beta in the notation, else it would have been a 4/5)
  43. Aug 21, 2013
    I'm changing up my score. I have now played over 100 hours of this and I can tell you it's better than I thought. The gameplay feels way more comfortable when you get used to it, and you can get any item in the game if you work hard enough. That was what I bashed on on my last review, but that was because I was new to the game and everything seem overwhelming. Now that I understand the game and know what it's like, I strongly suggest playing this. Expand
  44. Jul 15, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. And free to play too!
    The basic gameplay is free

It's amaizing i recomand for all who wanth play fps game.

----------------------
  45. Jul 27, 2013
    Been playing daily for awhile now. They update quite often with fixes & new content. I think this is the first free* game that I've spent money on. They often have login rewards for 20% or 50% off platinum, and sometimes they have contests for free plat. It's certainly not necessary to spend to play & have fun though. I played for a few months before spending anything. If you decide to, use it on warframe slots or weapon slots or maybe orokin catalysts (doubles mod slots). Expand
  46. Sep 10, 2013
    It has been quite a while (about 5 years) since I last played any good PC game. Recently just bought a new system, and was in a game hunting spree.

Bought a few game from Steam, played for a while, none got me hooked, until I found Warframe. At first sight, its presentations don't really appeal me. It's video preview looks unbelievable overwhelming. Initially, I thought, "nah... most
    game presentation video will always look good, but when comes to real gameplay, it will suck." Warframe proves me wrong.

So, since it is free, why not give it a shot after hesitating for 2 weeks. Within a month Steam clocked me playing Warframe for more than 100 hours.

This game has potential to be one of the greatest game. Love its graphic design. Fluid video (maybe due to my new system performance). Easily adaptable controls. And last but not least, friendly community. I give it a 9 since it is still beta which come in a few bugs, and not so intuitive chat system design.

Except for loosing a few hours, it is still a free game to at least try.
  47. Dec 24, 2013
    Games in open beta should never have final scores associated with them. However since review sites like IGN have already reviewed it, I will give my score too following an I
    Initial 10 hours of play. The game is a loot quest, co op game. It features good looking hex which excel ya directx9 but dx11 doesn't really add much. The games value for money proposition is very high indeed, and
    procedurally created levels keep things interesting and rarely do things feel boring. I've purchased every AAA title in 2013 and none of them have held my attention as much as warframe. The gameplay is easy to pick up, impossible to put down. It's immediate shallow exterior belies a more indepth game which slowly unveils itself. The game would greatly benefit fro decent tutorials on you tube, but the wiki community is very good. For those looking for a coop experience, you'll be hard pressed to find a better game than warframe. Only Left4dead matches it for sheer elegance. It's a so,I'd 9 from this reviewer and a raised eyebrow to some of the scores from so called professional critics who clearly dislike free to play PC games. Expand
  48. Apr 14, 2013
    Fast, furious, glorious, gorgeous and fun. Warframe is, simply put, one of the best third person action games I've ever played, much less in the free to play category. The action is smooth, fun, and completely fine-tuneable with the extensive mod and mod 'fusion' system, the payment system is brilliant (all real money gets you is a shortcut everything can be built from ingame items), and don't even get me started on the movement system. Wallrunning, climbing, flying kicks, and mountains of hidden areas packed with loot for those who master these techniques. The only reason this doesn't have a perfect ten is that some of the items you need to build new Warframes in particular have a notoriously low drop rate, leading to some dull grinding. Expand
  49. Nov 9, 2013
    All I can really say about Warframe is that it is stupidly addictive fun. Any game that keeps me coming back for more than five hundred hours is well worth my money. I began my playtime with Warframe telling myself that I wouldn't spend any money due to the fact that ALL weapons and frames in the game can be acquired through in game currency and crafting, minus slightly up-scaled versions of a few starter weapons for people who help found the game. This philosophy lasted about fifty hours, until I realized that it was going to keep bringing me back. A hundred dollars later I don't regret a thing. Expand
  50. May 29, 2013
    Warframe is a excellent game if you've got the time to put in, or conversely some dollars to drop. The game runs on medium settings on my budget gaming laptop, but drops FPS's sharp with 4 players in a game. I would suggest giving it a try, and if you like the game- support it by buying the lowest level founders pack so you can get some cool duds and contribute to the steadily growing solar system of missions. Expand
  51. Aug 13, 2013
    This game is so difficult and yet so beautiful... It's a mix of RPG, FPS and Fantasy and do not believe the Ninjas play free, you could spend $500.00 a Month no problem if you wanted to. It's super complex, incredible skills, great 4 man parties and clans. I love it, I think it will be #1.
  52. Sep 8, 2013
    Overall, a very fun game. On the plus side, lots of content, lots of weapons/warframes, varied missions, great graphics, and perhaps most importantly a great in game community. Some downsides are, not for people who don't like to grind, bad tutorial that misses a lot of basic things, very hard early game, and can be very laggy depending on the host players internet.

Is it a buggy mess?
    Overall, no. It seems like the game has it's share of glitches some of which are very irritating. The only two I have encountered are when you disconnect the mission map crashes and you have to restart the game. Also, recently I have been unable to claim any of the weapons that I have crafted which has essentially stopped me from moving forward in the game.

Is it pay to win? No. Spending money on the game mainly saves you time. To be clear, spending money will give you an advantage in the short term, but will generally not make up for a lack of experience and a lack of suitable mods for the things you have bought. Do not expect to pay 60 dollars to unlock all the content in a game. Especially so because the items in the shop are quite expensive in terms of real money. Even in a 60 dollar game not all content is instantly unlocked in game, you have to play to unlock most of it. Furthermore, if you decide to spend money on the game, know that it is money well spent as there are large monthly content updates.

TL;DR If you enjoy polished PVE grindfests this is a great game for you.
  53. Oct 12, 2013
    This game can be better and better by time but of course not perfect at moment. I see so much potential in this game but still in development and this can be better or worser. I hope the best to the devs and maybe someday will be a real pearl.
  54. Oct 13, 2013
    I hope the reviewers come back to re-review the game at full release, the game is still in open beta almost ready for full release, which will be marked by the ps4 release. Since the time of most reviews, pvp has opened up, still buggy and imbalanced because DE has stated that pve is their primary focus. PvE is currently being refined and there is so much being added every month with fixes and rebalancing happening every update. The community is always very friendly and the creators actually listen to feedback and cater to players while keeping their creative integrity. Finally this game is f2p there are only 7 items in game items+ forum avatars+ colours that aren't achievable. DE is currently trying to add story, fix ai and new environments. Expand
  55. Oct 21, 2013
    Most likely the reviewers who give this game from 3 or lower obviously don't understand the concept of the game and don't play it as often. The reason this game is good is because it has higher graphics than any MMO's games and it's not even P2P. People may say it's pay to play because they either suck at it or just too dumb to read the instructions. Saying this game is P2P is just the same as saying League of Legends is P2P. If you want to know it yourself try the game and don't give bad reviews unless you have the skills to play the game and the idea of the game. Also the fighting is simple, many would say you shoot and "tank" but in reality there is more than just shooting and slicing. I urge you to try the game for at least a week and check out it's mechanics before you criticize because many of the negatives are those who lacks the understanding of this game. Expand
  56. Nov 23, 2013
    A fantastically executed free to play game, Warframe is a personal favorite of mine. The randomly generated maps keep things interesting enough, and the un-compromised art style keeps things from seeming generic. As for the gameplay, an arsenal of unique weapons creates a fun gaming experience along with the factors of the various warframes and NPCs. While some people accuse Warframe of being pay to win, there have only ever been 3 items that effect gameplay that have to be bought, and they are mostly for vanity given that they have minute advantages over their counterparts (these items are all upgrades for existing items), and as soon as you get into mid level gameplay you easily see items better than the aforementioned ones all the time. In conclusion, a fun unique experience complimented by a more PLAY to Win game style is what makes warframe a game definitely worth your time. Expand
  57. Apr 18, 2013
    The f2p market is constantly changing, After the release of TF2 F2P, Valve raised the bar for quality in a free game, Digital Extremes clearly understood, as their newest release, "Warframe" Is an incredible title, It even surpasses some full-priced titles in quality.

The basic point of Warframe, is progression, Not story. This game can't be compared to modern shooters as it's very
    unique, the closest It comes to is Mass Effect 3's Co-Op mode.

Like Mass Effect 3, you enter a co-op game with other players are fight AI controlled enemies with all kinds of wild futuristic weapons and powers. But you actually play as the alien race, who are expert ninja-like guys, The gameplay consists of a mix between shooting, slicing and destruction.

You are given a basic objective like destroying a tank, you fight through the level(Left 4 Dead style) complete the objective, head to the extraction point and that's it. Level over, But as I said, it's about progression, the more you play, the more money you will make to spend on new items, mods etc.

You get to chose 1 of many "Warframes" and each excels in a certain areas, They each have their own powers and unique abilities and mods.

You start with a basic Assault Rifle, A basic pistol and a basic ninja sword, they level up as you use them and the higher level they are, the more complex mods they can use, you find mods in levels either dropped by enemies or hidden in the map, they have certain traits like crit chance, damage, magazine size etc. BUT those are just the "common" ones, there are also, "Uncommon" mods which have some incredible abilities for example one mod for the ninja sword can electrify it and make it stun as well as causing more damage.

The gun physics are not perfect, but it surpasses the quality of Mass Effect's by about 10 times and are addictive to use, rank up and mod.

nothing in this game though is quite as unique as the melee, which consist's of dismembering ninja swords, right the way to heavy hammers that crush your enemies all with their own mods, abilities and traits.

Warframe powers are very useful and get better depending on what level your Warframe is, they consist of damage dealing abilities, to healing abilities, to stunning abilities and more!

Now it's time to look at the business model, If i'm truly honest, the prices for guns can be damn-right unfair, It's takes about 10-15 matches just to get enough to buy a new gun, BUT expected in a F2P, the actual "Real" money purchases are not harsh at all, But ALMOST everything can be bought with in-game funds, so if your dedicated, you can get nearly everything without paying a penny, but there are some cosmetic things that simply can't be bought with in-game money, which is sad, because I would spend money on this game if they weren't so strict with the customization.

There is also a crafting system where you can use resources you find in game to craft new weapons, this works well, by there will always be this 1 item thats very difficult to find, the game then prompts that you can buy it with real money to make things easier, but you don't have to.

There are "SOME" aerobic abilities like sliding, wall running and flips, but this hasn't been perfectly refined yet and still needs work!

By no means is this game pay to win, The developers have been very considerate with what you can actually buy.

There are a ton of levels to tear through, tons of things to unlock and tons of hours to be spent killing monsters and humans as super-cool-ninja-alien-dudes.

The game is currently in open beta, There is no Multiplayer as of yet, not sure if the developers are thinking of adding one, but it might fit right at home.

To make things better just like The Darkness 2, this game is very well optimized, Digital Extremes didn't cheap out at all on this one, Physx support, FOV slider and great performance on most average machines!

Stop reading, Go get it now, FREE on steam.
  58. Apr 14, 2013
    Warframe is simply an amazing free to play of this year and it is only getting better and better with each update. It is more engaging than most f2p games that I have played in my years, and the new mod system makes you want to upgrade your arsenal even more. I'm sure they will be coming out with newer equipment later on in the future to kick Grineer I can't wait for it!

Graphics wise,
    the game is extremely smooth. Digital Extremes provided a lot of resolution and shader adjustments in Warframe making it suitable to run on a lot PCs out there. It is high-paced, addicting, and action packed. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't want to be a space ninja with guns and a sick katana? Overall, Warframe has much potential and could possibly get as good as the more popular MMOs like WoW or League of Legends. 10/10 Expand
  59. Mar 13, 2014
    The critics obviously don't know how to review games... or films. Either that or there is no pay for help advertise a free to play game? Who knows. Warframe is: 10/10 for a free to play game. 8/10 for a normal release game in beta phase. Overall 9/10. Warframe is Space Ninjas at their best, with action packed maneuovers, wall running and climbing, melee and ranged combat, special skills, character customisation to some level, lots of grind-like based PvE fun, and content that keeps adding more and more to the game.

With dynamic events and operations that allow all players to change the outcome of entire planets and sections, a variety of 11 mission types and something like 7+ different tileset/maps that are also fixed somewhat to a random-map method, along with visuals and polishes being constantly made, Warframe is by far the BEST PvE free to play game out there, let alone the best Space Ninja game as it is pretty much the only space ninja game made.

This is how Free to Play games should be made.

The funny thing with this is, that although it has a grinding character, and a somewhat repeating nature to the things you do, it so much damn fun that you completely lose hours on end building characters and weapons and hacking and slashing your way through piles and piles of enemies.

Still in beta phase, I foresee the end result being a 9 out of 10 when compared normal release AAA titles, if not perhaps even 10/10 (depends on how much more they add, they truly are constantly expanding the game more and more), bumping up my overall score of 9/10 to 9.5 or 10/10.

Amazing. A must play game for 3rd person action shooter fans that love sci-fi and ninja themes. Don't take my word for it, try it out yourself. It is completely free!
  60. Jan 27, 2014
    I recently got the console version of this game and I have to say, this game is utterly fantastic. I've played multiple hours and I've seen no bugs and no glitches. It's a well rounded, great game, as far as made for PC on console games go. The only bad part about this game is that a lot of the items are very expensive and can only be bought with platinum, something I have not found in game and the only other way of getting is buying from the online store. Other than that, this game is remarkable. Expand
  61. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is simply great. The problem with the score from the critics, is that they rated this game when it first came out as open beta, not the completed game. Even at this date, the game is till in beta, but is leaps and bounds better then 6 months ago. Give it a try, all it will cost you is a few moments of your time, not money, it is Free to Play.
  62. Feb 7, 2014
    Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game. Expand
  63. Apr 25, 2013
    Amazing game so far! I downloaded it as it came out for the open beta, and have since spent over 50 hours in play and over 100 hours in the game itself (according to steam)
    The combat is fun with a variety of enemies that are still going to be expanded.
    The weapons are mostly individual and all have their shining moments. Some balancing changes still need to be made here, but it is not
    an influence to the game at all.
    Considering that this game just came out for open beta, it is one of the best games i have played so far, and i can only wait till the new updates come out to make it the truely amazing game that it is inside

And its free. O_O
    not the free kind where you need to buy things to have fun later on, but really really free.
  64. May 9, 2013
    This game is in the middle of beta so it really isn't fair to score it just yet, but each update has had a fairly meaty amount of content added to the game. "Dungeons" are randomly generated through tile sets and remain challenging after quite a few hours of play. Looking forward to playing the finished version.
  65. May 9, 2013
    Wow, so Metacritic lets you review Betas? OK let review this Beta then. You cannot comment about storyline as it isn’t implemented yet, let’s not discuss it. You cannot comment about balance as it being balanced on a daily basis, let’s not discuss it. You cannot comment about features as we don’t even know what is fully expected, plus new features are being implemented on a fortnightly basis. Let’s not discuss features.

You cannot comment about repetitive zones as we only have a handful so far, the zones are constantly expanded and new ones are always on their way. Let’s not discuss repetitive zones. The same goes for enemies, weapons, equipment and mods.

I guess the only thing that is beneficial to discuss is how well the Beta itself is running, so here we go.

The game has bugs as it’s in Beta, as they are found they are fixed in updates. The updates are very often and they don’t require massive down times like Wow or Diablo 3. Every update I’ve seen whilst playing hasn’t even needed me to log off while it’s occurring. New content is being delivered at a crazy rate, every two weeks at the most we’ve received new content which is fantastic.

The servers have been extremely stable (in fact, so is the engine). I haven’t had a crash or disconnect since I started playing. These days I don’t even expect this from a finished product let alone a Beta.
    The game runs peer-to-peer so even when the host disconnects it will automatically transfer to another player.

All the content that you NEED to play can be unlocked via playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they make it harder to obtain items this way as it’s extremely easy. I don’t mind individual items costing high amounts or real life cash (for example the most expensive warframe is the Ash for 225 platinum, at the worst conversion is $15). I’ll only be spending cash simply so Digital Extremes can eat, otherwise I can just unlock any items I want in game. Using the same example, I decided I wanted the Ash, farmed the materials in one night (from what I hear I’m slightly lucky) then built it over 3.5 days.

The only items you cannot unlock via playing are expanded colour palettes for customising your look (75 platinum for about 30 or so shades, I’d need to log into the game to check how many you get), inventory slots for weapons (12 platinum for two) and warframes(suits) (20 platinum each). If you buy Platinum at the most expensive conversion ($5 for 75 plat) you can see that it’s not that bad.

All-in-all I am incredibly happy with this Beta and have only seen one other Beta of this quality which is Path of Exile.

Now I just hope Metacritic wipe all these PREVIEWS when the game goes live. I would hate to see people skip this game simply because of a flawed site like Metacritic.
  66. May 11, 2013
    I absolutely LOVE this game. I can come back to this game multiple times and play it for hours non-stop.
  67. May 11, 2013
    Warframe is a wonderful third person cooperative free to play game emphasis on hack'n slash and shooting hordes of enemies. Its like a cream filling in the game without complicated features. All this game had is combat with guns, melee, and unique abilities each character have. Customization of your own character and gun through the use of mods and paint but you have to buy the paint. 50 platinum in game money given for free, use it wisely such as character slot or upgrades for your character. Be warned, lots of grinding ahead but that it still fun playing while grinding at the same time. Story is near to none existent and does not have in depth anything. to sum it up, Just pure fighting shooting cooperative game. Play with your friend or invite your friend to play, games shine when you play with someone you know. Expand
  68. May 12, 2013
    The first thing that has to be said in a review is that the game is currently in beta... And not a "Here's a game, give us money and don't expect any updates unless it's profitable" beta, but an actual beta.

The game is, overall, great; with a card-based upgrade system and the ability to approach most missions how you wish (Run-and-gun, stealth, melee, etc). While the maps are currently
    generated from relatively repetitive rooms, this is to be expected from a very new game and more maps are being released at a reasonable rate.

I've read a lot of complaints about bugs, though I've only encountered one in my time playing. Playing solo, it is exceptionally rare to encounter any issues, though in multiplayer you are often at the mercy of the host.

You can buy everything in the game with platinum, the game's premium currency... However, you can obtain everything but the limited-edition founders' items, aesthetic items, or extra inventory slots by purchasing and constructing them from various resources found during missions. While those with a tendency for hoarding (Or who're overly concerned with aesthetics) may need to spend some platinum, a normal player will likely never feel the need to.

Also amusing is the people in chat. While it can (Particularly during the afternoon/evening) be filled with less-than-friendly folks, it is often filled with people who're open to conversation on almost any topic and who readily answer any questions posted (Or link you to the wiki and tell you to find the answer yourself).

It's a tiny download and certainly worth a try. After all, space ninjas.
  69. May 24, 2013
    being a player that go this the day closed beta began by far this game needs more credit it think its a new type of PvE 4player co-op never have seen any game like this
  70. May 29, 2013
    This game is simply amazing for a free to play offering. The gameplay is set up in missions on ships that have various objectives that can change randomly during play. Occasionally for instance the need to reroute a ship does not work and so it must be destroyed instead, or additional objectives can also be added. The combat is similar to any 3rd person shooter but closest to Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. The leveling system is very detailed as well as crafting new suits of armor or weapons. A newly added clan feature to build dojos was also added where players can work together to research new technology as well as participate in friendly pvp matches. Combat and wall runs/parkour are very solid and handle smoothly. The game is completely free to play and all content can be accessed with in game currency with the exception of some cosmetic options. I highly recommend to both 3rd person shooter fans as well as those who enjoy a strong cooperative RPG or 'skilled' mmo experience.
    Updates arrive on nearly a weekly basis with large overhauls occurring each month. Give this game a chance and older review from before most of the updates are not really credible at this point after the many changes.
    I give this game a 10/10 in the free to play arena, and an 8.5/10 as far as the normal genre. This will likely keep improving however as the updates continue to come. Keep in mind this game is in ongoing development and still in a beta stage.
  71. May 29, 2013
    this game totally awesome never played better game this.at first i was not intrested after that it was starting to get more and more intresting.thankyou also i would like if metacritic would increase its metascore
  72. Dec 10, 2013
    Warframe is an amazing game. It is, in my opinion, one of the best looking games to come out in the last 3 years and supplements extraordinary graphics with smooth and well integrated combat mechanics. The card-based upgrading system is simple yet effective and offers an astounding number of combinations allowing the player to customise his/her warframe to suit personal playing preferences.

The world is vibrant, colourful and you really feel like you are exploring a future solar system.
    Coop gameplay is really where the game excels. Playing with friends is addictive and fun. I have personally sunk more than 100 hours into such games with my friends and the experience has never gotten old.

A great game and definitely worth the money.
  73. Sep 24, 2013
    "Space Ninjas"; need I say more? The only thing that could top that would be the inclusion of Space Pirates but then I wouldn't be able to hear anything else over the sound of the game's interstellar awesomeness. Warframe is a great shooter made by a company that has a long legacy of action games. Shooter skills and platformer style moves allow you to run on walls, jump chasms, and lay into the enemy with everything from heave repeater laser guns to swords... The weaponry in the game is truly awesome and every Warframe is fun to play with it's own individual mix of powers and stats. It's free to play and everything in the game can acquired, with the only limitations being time to get it and how many active weapons/warframes you can own at any one time. A minor investment in the game though ($20) gives you enough coin to unlock a huge garage ready to stock with every warframe in the game and several dozen various weapons. It is well worth the cost if you like a lot of variety and is the only real limitation of the free game. It's a blast to play with friends or just in "online-instant-group" mode. Two thumbs up. Expand
  74. Sep 12, 2013
    Very good game. We need to remember that this game is "still" in an open beta phase, There will be a new update coming 10.0 which will see the game grow further. This is a well produced Free to play game and i am very impressed at what i have experienced in game so far. There is cash options but i really think that even with out these purchased additions this still a great item to down load for free. Expand
  75. Sep 15, 2013
    Its an Very Good game because the Combat is a great Mix with Melee Fights and Shooter Elements.
    I really like the Graphic.
    This game is very Funny at the Beginn.
  76. Sep 30, 2013
    Get this game and shell out twenty bucks at least. You don't need to but with it being ftp on pc DO SO! Gameplay is smooth and graphics can be tailored to even my pathetic systems operational level. Has some mild UI issues, but otherwise a gem in modern gaming. Swing that sword and shoot the schmucks till victory is yours. Also, be a good teammate during multiplayer.
  77. Oct 5, 2013
    This game has some of the best looking graphics for an MMO on the pc that i've ever played. The missions are fun and engaging, but don;t expect to play the same mission over and over again. There are various situations that could happen like the ship blowing up and catching fire, glass inside enemy ships breaking loss of oxygen, and many more. If you would like to try out this game then click this link http://play.any.tv/SHO8u I hope to see everyone ingame! Expand
  78. Oct 9, 2013
    Started playing it ages ago when it was very new. Wasn't that good and all the levels were literally EXACTLY THE SAME (except for the maps). The game is extremely fun but found it hard for people who had played the game tons in early, early beta (like me), because you had worked really hard to earn all this stuff, and then you can just unlock it easily in the early levels. Found it stupendously difficult to play if you don't spend any real money on the game. You can barely unlock any good weapons let alone play properly. I still definitely enjoyed the gameplay, especially the infection levels. I did like the extremely hard levels, but wouldn't recommend this game to a newbie or younger gamer. Expand
  79. Oct 20, 2013
    Pretty good game. I found Warframe whilst looking for a co-op easy going game that I can just play with my friends. The game is a bit repetitive but doesn't lack anything obvious. Warframe has massive potential.
  80. Nov 3, 2013
    ive played over 100 hours of this game and its still fun due to a nice community (pretty rare thing to find) and a dev team that listens to its fans.

the game is also updated constantly which renews my interest in it all the time, they are good updates too each update can span from one new weapon to a new game mode warframe and loads of other stuff with it which is a completionist's
    worst nightmare.

while they arnt very imaginative with the levels meaning they use the same ones over and over it just doesn't seem to bother me in the slightest, because the levels are HUGE and different routes are used each time and who cares about maps when your have stupidly fun war frames at your disposal.

the biggest problem i have with this game is the bosses, they are incredibly boring they are just reused skins or normal enemy made into bullet sponges very similar to borderlands (there are some exceptions to this and they are pretty cool but the majority complies with what i just said).

the enemas are also quite boring at low levels and are just cannon fodder but as you get to tougher levels tactics are needed to beat them because they can easily over whelm or use an ability on you

over all the game is a bunch of fun, its just casual, laid back and just a nice time killer, i love it
  81. Nov 29, 2013
    Dynamics of development of the project in a good way, is progressing.
    Much has been done since the start of the game, it's nice to see that it meets expectations.
  82. Feb 12, 2014
    Great game how they keep the game up to date that done will
    have 200+ hr is to the game and keep just playing it so i say just get it the game is free!
  83. Nov 14, 2013
    Overall review:9.0 I'm playing very happily, and I've spent $8 total.

1. Game is cheaper than reviews here state. Well, they might be accurate if you expected to walk into the game and have a completed gear set immediately. /roll-eyes I'm not a grinder, but I'm doing just fine and having a blast actually acquiring new fun tools and warframes.
    2. I dropped this game twice before I
    figured out how much depth was actually in it. Initial enemies do get repetitive, but they ramp up and get nasty fast. There's clan and player created housing (dojos) where you (and your clan) can research new toys. Secret areas and ways to crank up the difficulty on older missions.
    3. The area's are gorgeous, if a little repetitive, but procedurally generated games will generally be that way until you go to voxels. And those just can't have this level of detail.
    4. There's new content rolling out here all the time!
    5. Community seems pretty good, not too many trolls so far.
    6. Great googly-moogly this thing needs a better tutorial for all the depth in this game,
    Give it a chance, see if it takes.
  84. Nov 20, 2013
    For a free to play and Beta game 10/10. For an $20-30 game 8/10. $30-60 6/10.
    The gameplay is amazing, the devs are super responsive to user want/needs. As of right now it is (after a while) grindy and can be a bit laggy. However the game helps fix these problems by highly encouraging team play (solo is still great but for a noob you have to be a boss to hack it in higher level missions
    (being a boss is fun)). And nearly constant updates (on the PC) lead to long term playability and bug fixes.

Really I think it is both the devs love for this game and the artist talent that is pushing this game into the ground breaking territory. Not to mention the devoted fan base.

On teamplay: you have to find good people to play with, this is very do-able. You can join a clan, ask on chat, ask on reddit, ask on the forums, etc. The players of this game are for the most part fantastic. However, due to a current lack of a honor point system the best ones are not always the ones you encounter in random mission play, but if you ask for help in chat or elsewhere they be there to lend a hand.

If space, ninjas, teamplay or killing baddies is not your thing then this game might not be for you... but if it is then you will love this one.
  85. Nov 20, 2013
    While initially, some of the concepts take a bit of getting used to, (such as the heavily based parkour gameplay), it is an awesome game which I have logged many hours on. One of my favorites.
  86. Nov 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly i think this game does deserve a perfect score, and yes, i'm aware it has bugs and some problems but at the rate of which there are hotfixes and patches i find they are easily forgettable. The high point of this game for me and i'm sure many others is how polished, badass and fluent the movement looks on most surfaces (wall running transitions could use some work). Also the amount of content they are releasing is phenomenal and even if that one piece of gear you want requires Platinum (the microtransaction currency) there's now a feature that allows you to sell your "mods" or upgrades to other players for Platinum if they're willing. Now i know that a big thing people are complaining about is how forging something in the Foundry can take anywhere up to 3 days to make, but from my perspective it's so well made that even when i'm waiting for my epic weapon or Warframe to be completed, it gives me time to go gather materials for the next project or even just leveling up my current gear. Now if this were some hyped up retail game i might not have been so generous with the rating, but it's not, the amount of green that left my wallet for this masterpiece was ZERO and has remained the same despite my 130 hours played. Expand
  87. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is really great, have fabulous graphics and superb felling of game-play. What important developers provide very fast updates, which change very much in the game world as well as the game-play. for me the greatest free to play game ever made Play this game and have fun
  88. Jan 13, 2014
    The only reason I don't give this a perfect score is because even on my high end gaming PC I experience lag and occassional connection problems. It could be due to it still being in beta so don't take this as a final grade. There isn't really a story as far as I can tell, but the gameplay and graphics are both beautiful. You could compare this to Left 4 Dead 2 since it's a co-op game; both survival and mission based. Except Warframe has a unique futuristic kick. You're basically a ninja/marine combo, and what I like about this game the most is that a lot of the guns that you could pay to get right away is still usable; but you actually need to work for it, which makes it much more satisfying in my personal opinion. This also goes for the new Warframes (characters who are also known as Tenno) and the interface is easy to figure out. Customization isn't too in depth and of course the best way to make your Warframe look awesome is by spending a little cash for skins and accessories....the company still needs to make money. But most of what I've seen is basically free and the community is always willing to help you with questions. I've never met any **** yet which is also a plus. And it is true that the game is repetitious but it isn't literally the same mission like the "professional" critics say. The game redesigns some of the levels to make it feel different each time; and they've added survival modes and planet infections that allow you to gain a huge amount of money. It's progressing very well and worth a shot indeed. Expand
  89. Nov 30, 2013
    Fun and addictive game with unique mechanics and style successfully combining MMO, loot gathering and fast action.
    First of all, Im not a fan of MMOs grinding and typical slow lock-on spell-on-cooldown gameplay. But Warframe is quite different and unique: the core gameplay is very dynamic fast paced action combining 3rd person shooter, melee fighting and magic-like abilities everything
    is realtime, fast, and requires some skill from a player. You go on various missions in up to 4 player teams to combat hordes of enemies that can rise in numbers and levels quickly providing you as much challenge as you can take.
    The movement in this game is also great: you can do many trick jumps, run on wals and almost fly around if you know what you are doing. There is even stealth which is fun and useful if you want to play solo.
    Now the addictive part is of course acquiring new weapons, classes (warframes) and rare mods that augument weapons and warframes. And believe me, there are so many things to get and to level up, some are hidden quite deep. There is quite a lot of grinding, but the process itself fun because the challenge escalates fast.
    The game is honest free2play and you can unlock everything but if you want to keep everything you will have to buy inventory slots with platinum (which is bought for real money or traded for rare mods between players, so you don't really need to spend a dime if you are willing to grind).
    The downside: it doesn't have a huge overworld that you can walk around and explore, like most other MMOs, just individual missions. Some things are still being polished and improved. Needs more variety in environments and missions.
    The game is mostly PvE focused, there is PvP but its still in ongoing development.
    Overall its a great game for everyone who loves action. intense horde combat and mmoarpg levelling and farming for loot.
  90. Feb 22, 2014
    ITS FREE TO PLAY!!! Stunning Graphics !!! Amazing game play!! Easy controls, Full controller setup A+!! they do have big updates very often but atleast its always something cool and interesting there adding. Some levels are the same looking...but I don't complain about it...why?...because its free to play and I don't have to pay! so think about that before you give it a bad review!
  91. Dec 4, 2013
    An EPIC game for a good computer. (i recommend Windows 8) A parkour game with aliens, zombies, and guns. I REALLY SUGGEST YOU PLAY THIS. seriously amazing. AND ITS FREE!
  92. Jan 21, 2014
    Warframe is an entertaining third-person shooter with a fun melee elements and additional powers. It is especially fun when played with friends, but it is playable alone as well. It's possible to spend lots of time working on getting your Mod loadout just right, and climbing through the ranks is entertaining as well. Combat is traditional shooter gameplay minus explosives (unless you count the Penta, a grenade launcher) and with the addition of melee combat featuring swords, axes, and warhammers. You may also arm yourself with bows, a crossbow, flamethrowers, lasers, throwing knives, and various other weapons. You also can craft or purchase additional Warframes, which function like classes with their own balance of stats and powers. Story is non-existent, with only some minor backstory to explain why you happen to be a space ninja fighting clones, businessmen, and mutants. The game could be improved with social locations such as hub worlds or trading posts, but it manages without just fine. Monetization is the game's most prominent issue, as cash shop currency can be used to buy items instead of crafting them, as well as speeding up the crafting process itself. In short, it's a good game, but you may have a long trek to the top tiers of gear without paying. Expand
  93. Jan 3, 2014
    Warframe can be simply put as awesome. Though it has its flaws, it is still a game that I found to be worth my time playing it. When I first discovered warframe, it was on update 8. I didn't think much of it at the time because it looked like a simple brawler. I began playing a lot in update 9 and got hooked. People have been criticizing this game for being Pay to Win (PtW), but in reality that is far from the truth. What you don't see in these other reviews is patience. They would rather spend a bunch of money to get all of the content immediately, leaving all of their experience in repeating missions. The people that do this don't just sit down and enjoy all the aspects. they just want the good stuff fast. The game has a market where you can either but weapons and warframes using either platinum (Currency purchased with real money), or credits (money earned in game). Using credits, the player buys the blueprint of the specific item that they want. After purchasing the blueprint, the player then goes to the forge in the main menu to craft that item using credits and resources found in missions. After acquiring all the necessary resources for the blue print, the player then hits the craft button and waits for the item to finish. The amount of time it takes to craft an item varies by what the item is. All weapons typically take 12-24 hours to craft. If you don't want to wait that long, you can rush the process using platinum. I kinda like this system because it gives me an excuse to take a break after playing for a few hours.

Warframes are basically suits that have different abilities for every unique warframe. The embers fire based attacks are devastating to light weight targets. Loki hides in the shadows to take out his enemies without being noticed. Necros raises the dead. There are a lot more warframes. In order to get these you have to kill certain in-game bosses to acquire parts of the warframes. Each warframe has three parts (helmet, chassis, and systems). Once you have acquired the pieces (I forgot to mention that the parts drop as blueprints), you craft them in the forge. Each piece takes 12 hours, but don't worry you can craft them all separately and at the same time. once all of the pieces are crafted, you then buy the warframe blueprint off the market and craft it in the forge. Every warframe takes 3 days to craft. Now this is where some people have an issue. Many don't want to wait that long. that's where people start to go onto the market and buy everything with platinum. If you want to do that then go ahead, but don't give this game a bad review because you're impatient.

Prime weapons and warframes are more powerful, harder to get versions of their normal counterparts. The blueprints are found in the orokin void (accessed by keys that are found in defense missions as rewards). People that are new to the game don't know about it. So when they see things like the founders pack (no longer available), and prime access, they automatically jump to PtW. All prime warframes and weapons can be found with a lot of effort in the void.

Im not saying the developers haven't made mistakes in the development of this game. there are a lot of things that are not explained. First off there is the use of the forge. When I first started the game gave me a very small tutorial on how to use it and I was left confused. I don't know if it has changed since update 8, but im willing to bet they have made some improvements. or I could be wrong about that one. Another thing they don't explain much is the lore. I have been playing for almost 8 months and all I know is the grineer are taking over the solar system and only the tenno (you) can stop them. then there is the greedy courpus (forgot spelling) and the infested. They are trying to change this with the new codex system they just implemented.
    Once final criticism is the recycling of missions. The missions are never the exact same. the game has a set amount of rooms it can work with. Its hard to explain but here we go. basically when you walk into a room there is a 99% percent chance you have been in that room before. That happens because the game generates missions with the same rooms, just in a different order. So you recognize everything, but its still not the same. For example. In a corpus mission you enter a hanger, you walk all the way through and enter a huge hallway. replay the mission! You may find that hanger and hallway again, but they wont be right next to each other again. In fact, one may not be in the mission at all or there may be a few rooms in between those two rooms. So one can argue that it is repetitive in nature but then again its not exactly the same every time.

There are plenty of enemies to fight and with the new damage system, there are plenty of ways to build your character to kill the enemies. There are a lot of weapons and warframes to chooses from so you wont get board, unless you buy all of them. I've exhausted my typing space...
  94. Jan 10, 2014
    Warframe is a game I've been playing for quite a while now, and have spent them amount of time necessary to get into it. It does take quite a while, but it's worth it over time. The game has a growing number of missions and environments to explore, and well-rounded equipment to choose from to match your playstyle. This game is NOT Pay-To-Win, as most items in the game can be acquired easily with a small amount of time spent. The game encourages you to level up your gear and experiment with each kind, as this will give you Experience if you do, and halt your experience if you do not. Surprisingly, this is actually a good thing and actually enhances your experience. I have nothing against Multiplayer games, but....
    This game's community, it saddens me.
    Upon entering online mode you'll be greeting by about 300 people with differing opinions on how YOU should play. The thing is, just go with your instincts, they will not help you.
    Playing actual missions in-game while online can either be fun or annoying,as occasionally you will be paired with an entire team with highly upgraded gear, that kills every enemy in sight before you can even catch up to them.
    The crafting system is one of the only ones I've seen that doesn't anger me, and is easy to use and gather materials. (Also, as I've said, this game is NOOOT Pay-To-Win.)
    It's good, there's a ton of moves and acrobatics you can perform. (Unless you're on multiplayer, where you will never use them.)
    Over all, it's a great combat game, and one you should try out.
  95. Jan 17, 2014
    One of the best MMOs I've ever played. The graphics are really beautiful, it gets lots of updates and it's free to play. There is a marketplace where you can buy stuff with real money, but it's not really necessary. after playing for almost 100 hours, the only thing I bought was a color pack for my warframes.
    The best and the most important part of this game in my opinion is farming.
    You'll need to farm to build yourself new frames and weapons. The farming in this game is fun, you can always choose which type of mission suites you best. Expand
  96. Jan 20, 2014
    Excelente jogo, de início é difícil e confuso, porém com persistência o jogo se torna realmente gratificante. Como a maioria fala é um pouco repetitivo, porém a quantidade de classes compensa, assim como a recompensa que se tem ao subir de nível. Consegui pegar todos os Warframes sem gastar nenhum centavo, é difícil como já falei, mas muito legal quando consegue.
  97. Jan 23, 2014
    Warframes is worth a second look. Tha game is vastly improved. Gameplay is fun and fast paced. There is always stuff to do, and with the introduction of Trade this game reminds of of FPS/MMO.

This is a loot game at heart, as good as any MMO, but it is a over the shoulder shooter. I have to say do not trust the other reviews. Right now this game is actually the best shooter that is
    available on any platform. Better than Call of Duty and Battlefield. The fact that this game is available on PS4 and is free is just amazing, as it takes advantage of graphics of the PS4 which are just as good as any high end PC. The game is ongoing much like a massively multiplayer gamer, with updates of new warframes and weapons and levels that come out every month or two. The chat interface and trading between players. It has a few bugs, but they were fixed quickly. This game is not a rehash of those although it burrows heavily from many games. The game itself is beautiful and stylish and the developer deserves better review scores so I decided to write them a short review.

Warframe features space ninja combat suits called Tenno that wage war on ships, planets, and beautiful environments where regular humans would easily die. Let us just say these things are like Samurai/Ninja of the future or Green Berets/Speznaz of today. Warframes or Tenno as they are called are an elite and powerful force but they fight for good, although the game does not explain where they came from in detail. It gives you enough of a background to start. I should mention that they should explain how Mods, and Leveling up works a little bit better in the beginning. This game is deep and does take a while to get into. The interface can be daunting at the start, but jumping into a mission is easy as you go from planet to planet, and you kill enemies and get stronger.

The game is essentially about collecting loot, such as weapons, warframes, mods (which make you stronger). I've only played this game for about a month, and I must say that I cannot wait to go home and play this. Warframe is so amazing.

I would love to list all the great features that Warframe has such as a deep damage system, with different damage types against armor, flesh and robotic enemies. The game has some cool nad unique weapons such as ninja stars, glaive, and kunai. It also has the standard weaponry you would expect like flamethrowers, rocket launchers, bows, rifles, shotguns, machine guns. These weapons are so fun to play with they are almost like characters in themselves, as its fun as hell to install Mods, and Forma and Orokin reactors which make your weapons stronger. The weapons game is deep.

Moving around the environment, you can spring, slide, wall-run, and do some amazing maneuvers just like a Ninja would. Funny as that sounds.

The models and weapons are well designed. The other reviews did not give this game a proper look. The first time I played this, I was put off as well, and when I picked up this game a few weeks later I slowly started to get into it. This game is simply awesome. Take into account I am placing this game on PS4. And with the last few updates, the reviewers need to take a second look at Warframe.

The crafting game is deep, yet simple and all the items that cost you Platinum can be acquired in other ways. So people who are broke can get strong in this game too. I myself have craftet the flamethrower called Ignis, and the rocket launcher which has to be charged to fire. But my favorite weapon in Warframe is the SOMA rifle, it has a high amount of crit which can be modded for high critical damage shots. The game has in-game events which give you rewards and can be tackled with a group of friends. They also have void missions with keys which you acquire through different missions like defense. The void missions have extra powerful weapons and warframes which are called Primes and their blue prints can be acquired through running void missions. The recruitment chat is a good place to look for people to team up with for running Void missions.

They just released a new update today with Oberon Warframe, and new weapons, so I cannot wait to go home and play it. I highly recommend Warframe to anyone!
  98. Feb 13, 2014
    Normally I don't write reviews for F2P games but, this game is a really great game to play! The graphics are pretty good for a F2P game, that I'll give it a 8/10. The gameplay is fast pace but, most levels are the same which I believe the reason is due to the enemy's "base" or "home planet" but, it does change once getting to the outer solar system and I'll give it a 7.5/10. I am glad that his game isn't just only a PvE only kinda game but, it also has a PvP which gets pretty fun. The best part of this game is that it gets updates almost every day which is really surprising and that I'll give a 10/10 on how active the developers are. The only thing missing is MUSIC! If the developers can just put must or battle music and even on boss battles it would be perfect!

Over all I'll give Warframe a 10/10 and I recommend to play this game with friends.
  99. Feb 22, 2014
    Игра отличная! Очень нравятся игры про космос. Захватывающие бои, классный арсенал, на выбор 3 класса бойцов. Много миссий. Играть приятно. Много скиллов.
  100. Mar 22, 2014
    The best game ever!!! No more to say... but if Metacritic needs a review with at least 150.... so: The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!

1. Feb 27, 2014
    One year and twelve updates in, Warframe appears to be a solid action game leveraging really excellent technology to create a fun and engaging experience. There are still some rough edges and many opportunities to amp up the variety of content, but with a compelling world and addictive, twitchy action, Warframe has a lot to offer.
  2. With the lack of a Pay to Win system and easy engagement for new players, Warframe offers some quality time.
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    Some problematic menus pale in comparison to Warframe's real problem: a pervasive tendency toward repetition.