8.1

1. May 17, 2013
    A basically very simple game. That can rightfully be accused of being rather shallow and repetitious. So why the hell im I still playing it after 50hrs? I think its because:
    1) Subject matter is cool My Space ninja is gonna slap ya crappy steampunk back into the 80's!
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel. 3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel.
    3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the matchmaking. Missions are fast paced, but everyone seems chilled and tolerant of newbie starters.
    4) But mainly its because its fun to play. Controls are solid, as is the gunplay. Melee is a bit frantic, but there is nothing wrong with it.
    5) Its free (ish). But I don't think they quite understood the idea of MICRO transactions. The store is very expensive which I think will harm the game in the long run. Its probably at least double what most people would expect. Although I would normally buy some initial credits to support the game writer, here its just to expensive to feel comfortable with.

Overall, I think this is a great game to grab the odd 30mins on here and there. Play for free, and I cant see how you could be disappointed!
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. One of the best free to play games I've played. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo.
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    I've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) TheI've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) The leveling system recently underwent a massive change, which made the game more challenging. It also opened up a much wider spectrum of upgrade possibilities than was available previously. The game still has some small room for improvement, but it is a heck of a lot of fun to play--and it's FREE!! Strongly recommended. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    *CLAPS* nicely done.... Crisis had sex with ninja gaiden and forth bread Warframe :D Lol that's how i see it anyways love it addicted to it, became my new daily play game XD
  5. Apr 24, 2013
    I had a lot of fun with the game for the first few days, so it pains me to have to write such a scathing review and score it so low. Let's start on a high note with the pros:

+Fun gameplay with a lot of different methods of customization. Modding your weapons, warframe(character), and sentinel(Pet) provides a lot of different avenues for progression. +There are (I believe)12 warframes

+There are (I believe)12 warframes to pick from, though you only get access to 3 out of the box.
    +You can potentially get access to all the content in the game w/o spending any money, excluding cosmetics such as colors.
    +A welcoming community and a section of the forum dedicated to helping new players and gets a respectable amount of traffic

And now the low note. This is going to hurt, Warframe, but try to grit your teeth.
    ---If you do decide to spend money on the game, you'll find Warframe has one of the most expensive premium shops around. Buying a warframe can cost up to 25 dollars! Getting access to more than 18 colors(Not as many as it sounds) is 5$ a piece, and weapons range 5-15$!

-----After you've spent hours farming the cash and crafting mats to build a weapon or warframe, you have to wait 12-72 hours for it to finish "building". But wait! If you spend a paultry 25-50 plat(The least plat you can buy is 5$ for 70 plat, the cheapest weapons, colors, and warframes being 75 plat, btw) you can rush it to get your hard-earned buy immediately. A laughably obvious inconvenience forced on the players in order to promote buying premium currency

-The combat gets dull, after a while. The AI is pretty primitive, even for an indie game. Melee is gimmicky and with knockbacks and stuns abound, you're better off just keeping distance and picking enemies off. The game mistakes punishment for difficulty, if you're not careful it's very easy to be "stunlocked" to death, with very little you can do about it.

-Expect a Diablo-level grind. The whole game is a grind and the only goal is to grind more, all the bosses are bullet sponges with little to no difficulty, the Infected(An enemy faction) are generally the hardest enemies you will fight, and that's only because of the stunlocking mentioned above.

-Even though there are lots of options and customization, the game is plagued with balance issues. The Hek, Lex, and Dual Heat Blades will be the only weapon loadout you'll ever need. Half the cast can't even compete with other much stronger, more versatile Warframes. Health, Armor, and critical hit/damage mods are almost completely useless.

-The levels are reused constantly. It's not uncommon to play on the same level multiple times within one short gaming session.

-The handling leaves a lot to be desired. The game tries to be Assassin's Creed/Darksiders but it just doesn't have the polish things like wallrunning, sliding, and complex maneuvers need to function. Very rarely will you pull off super awesome stunts your friends will be wowed by. Once you get into the higher level content it all boils down to cover shooting because you just will not survive being in the middle of the grinder.

To sum it all up, you pay out the ass for the conveniences premium currency offers, the game gets stale and very grindy, very quickly. I've read people praising the massive updates but they apply sweeping changes that completely alter the game, keeping it in a perpetual state of imbalance.
  6. Jul 8, 2013
    Played for 60+ hours before quitting. I reached the point were I was just farming stuff over and over and wasn't having fun.

Positive: -Game graphics look Great -big selection of weapons -good selection of warframes -large amount of missions -able to get most items without spending real life money -fun for first little bit until you have replaced all your starting

-Game graphics look Great

-big selection of weapons

-good selection of warframes

-large amount of missions

-able to get most items without spending real life money

-fun for first little bit until you have replaced all your starting weapons
    -Skills are pretty much exact same on different frames with different strength and slight variations to graphics to make them look different. (excalibur last skill kills stuff in ring around you with lances, saryn kills things in ring around you with poison, ash slashes people in a circle around you... realize a pattern here?)

- Everything is overpriced or a cash grab(more than most mmos)... Last patch they added 3 colors into their store with different shades (red, white and blue) for 4th of July and charge 5$ for it, 10-15$ for weapons and up to 20$ for the good frames

-boss fights aren't really boss like. a boss run online takes about 3 minutes and 80% of that is running to the boss and to the exit (while ignoring mobs)

-mod variety is pretty nice but you stick to pretty much exact same build for each one

-no real customization besides colors (your frame and weapons are the same as everyone else's)

-only a few of the weapons are really used (boltor,latron,paris,hek)

-semi autos kill your finger. dual semi auto pistols have a clip of 30 and can hold 200+ rounds and you can only fire bullets one click at a time. is fine in most shooters but most shooters don't have 300 or more enemies in some of the games.

-missions are extremely repetitive and have the share the same layout

-storyline... not really much of one, you kind of bounce back and forth killing people in different areas. boss has a bit of a back story to explain why you are killing him but majority of missions have almost no explanation and just a goal.

- hosts can lag really bad and if you are a bad host player you can't choose to let someone else host

-game is mostly farming oriented with no real end game. you gather materials to build different weapons (eventually reaching the point where you just build weapons for the sake of building weapons) then you farm mods(weapon and frame buffs) which you fuse to other mods

-if you have a rare blueprint, mod or item drop you must finish the entire mission. If you need to leave because of real life, internet crashes, fail the mission, the game crashes because of your setting or because its in beta and is unstable your screwed out of the drop.

Overall:
    Good for killing time but not worth sinking money into it.
  7. Mar 27, 2013
    It seemed like a pretty good game, but after a few hours in its flaws became readily apparent. First off, I kept asking myself, didn't I just play that level? Because I pretty much did just play that level. It's the same thing, over and over and over and over and over again.
    Even then, the movement and combat mechanics seemed pretty awesome. If that was the only thing I was basing my rating on, that would be an 8.5.
    But the real kicker to the groin is the real money system. $20 will get you a cheap warframe, a weapon, and some respawns. (So if you die a lot, you end up having to pay just to continue playing the game)
    If you really want everything, you can pay $260, and you after some time you may end up spending even more money.
    Their greed has completely ruined what could have been great. If, instead of charging us large sums for absolutely nothing, they had provided a wealth of content and charged us reasonable prices, they could have had a gold mine, but right now the game tailors to spoiled rich kids.
  8. Mar 26, 2013
    The gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as aThe gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as a lv1). You get a maximum of 5000 credits if you farm the first boss for an item he drops worth 2500 credits 100% of the time. Building a new Warframe is also a chore, it costs 35k for the master blueprint, you then have to farm the specific boss for blueprints for helmet, chassis and systems. Not only will this take forever because of poor droprates, the parts also cost 25k each to build and 24 hours build time. You then have to build the Warframe for 25k more with a build time of 72 hours. We're already at 135k, but it doesn't end there! You also need an 'Orokin Reactor' to supercharge your Warframe, or you will be stuck at 50% of it's maximum potential. These only drop from rare alerts that have special rewards, with those Reactors being just about the rarest to come by. Once you finally get the blueprint for that, it takes another 35k to build that. So we're at 170k for a second Warframe. Couple this with MAYBE max 40k an hour for farming, and you're grinding the same mission over and over for at least 4.5 hours. Everything takes months in this game without spending real life money, for which in game items have a ridiculous price. Buying the pack for the Warframe 'Frost' (1 Warframe, 1 primary, 1 secondary and 1 melee) costs a whopping 60 USD. I can easily buy 5 great games for that kind of money in Steam sales which won't bore me to tears like Warframe does. Expand
  9. Jun 22, 2014
    It's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing theIt's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing the game(ie if you want to skip way ahead you're going to have to PAY for it. Either put in the game time or expect to pay a premium price). The items that really influence your experience(item and warframe slots and super chargers) are pretty cheaply obtained, and you can trade in game for the currency to do so from other players, meaning even a completely free player can purchase anything in the cash shop through dedication and trading. It's also extremely fun, you should be playing it right now. Expand
  10. Jul 28, 2014
    extremely underrated by "real reviewers" I read some of them and probably they didn't spend more that 5 min in know the game. So if you want some action game in 3d person , cooperative where you not only annihilate everything in your pat but also have huge section of characters , weapons , implementers and personalization you should try warframe. Also it have randomly generates levels andextremely underrated by "real reviewers" I read some of them and probably they didn't spend more that 5 min in know the game. So if you want some action game in 3d person , cooperative where you not only annihilate everything in your pat but also have huge section of characters , weapons , implementers and personalization you should try warframe. Also it have randomly generates levels and awesome events from time to time. Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2014
    Well to me currently warframe is a really fun and addicting game they always have a frequent updates and new stuff just keeps being added and there is always something for you to do no matter what your doing.
  12. Jul 21, 2014
    Sorry, but i have to say something about this critics/comments. I played early beta, i earned things hardly in a poor environment. A bit frustrating to see it quite free when you come back after 6 months. I played all HL maps, i have all mods. I still enjoy discovering mod combos, team combos, weapons' feeling (there are soooo many different of them, really).

For those who say: It's a

For those who say: It's a repetitive grinding game, i'll say:
    Each major update (we are currently on the 14th) you have several new weapons, new warframes, new ennemies, new bosses, new maps, new game mechanics, new interface, new story, new Gameplay (!!!!), new mods........
    If you want a funny game that evolves REALLY, Warframe is, in my opinion THE BEST game you can reach. And you know what? It(s freeee... i see some bad ratings dated "2013". Come back here, and dare say the same thing. (Impossible, it's not the same game anymore). It's true.

If you are affraid about pay to win Games:
    You can get EVERYTHING without any dollar if you are perseverant, and have a lot of time to spend in a game.
    Plus, you CANNOT have everything with virtual money. In fact, you can only buy specific things with virtual money. You can spend 400000000 dollars, you will still have to play a lot to get resources, and craft, and up your rank...
    Plus you can actually trade virtual money with other players. So, you can get it without any dollar.

For those who say: "uh, mom, it's so hard, and this player in my party is so cheat that i'm sure he paid, it's unfair": Grow up. And remember: NINJAS PLAY (for) FREE :)
  13. Dec 6, 2014
    600 hours into it. Currently all I do is logging in for events. If you can't get the message out of that, read the whole review.

It looks fancy and shiny, but after you get your eyes adapted to it, it becomes an endless grind. Gfx: Solid. The optimization for physx sucks, but the game looks amazing without it. Audio: You could say it's ok. Gun sounds are, often, allright,

Gfx:
    Solid. The optimization for physx sucks, but the game looks amazing without it.

Audio:
    You could say it's ok. Gun sounds are, often, allright, although most of them just lack the oomph part. Ingame music is like any other. You'll turn it off after a few hours and play your favorite playlist.
    Ambient sounds, like bullet ricochets, doors, elevators, are too quiet.

Content:
    Apparently, DE thinks quantity>quality. In 2 words, power creep. It just doesn't work.
    In a lot more words,
    The mod system looks intriguing and as if it offers a lot of diversity, but in reality you'll be using the same set of mods for every enemy type and every mission. Basically, there are unused useless mods and mandatory mods.
    When you look at the mission map, you get the feeling you'll have to play a very long time in order to
    experience everything. Wrong. each tileset can be fully experienced, and gotten sick of, within several missions.
    The game offers boss fights! Awesome, right? When majority of the boss mission is running around 1shotting everything with your ubermodded weapon, and then killing a boss vastly inferior to your weapons, it's quite a meh experience.
    The newly added syndicates are yet another example of quantity>quality. 10 "different" factions, that all require the player to do 1 thing : grind mindlessly and endlessly.

Guns:
    In correlation with previously mentioned power creep, there are uber awesome weapons and there are useless and unfun weapons. It's all fun and games while you're ranking up fun weapons, but run out of fun weapons and it becomes a chore worse than washing the dishes.
    DE isn't doing much to remedy this issue, but rather adding more weapons hoping they'll hit the right note occasionally.

Grind:Reward ratio
    Grind's not always bad, if you reward the player. This game doesn't do that.
    Currently, there are plans to reward players with a high master rank(a general progress indicator), but it's all just paper.
    The newly added syndicates require such an enormous amount of farming to reach useful rewards that it's a major turn off for casual players.
    RNG drops. When the gods are on your side, it's a fun night, otherwise it's pretty frustrating seeing a weapon part, that you already have 10 of, drop mission after mission.

Multiplayer factor:
    The game can be played solo, which is good but also says a lot about how much developers are investing in player to player interaction.
    There's the mandatory general chat, trade chat, guild chat, group chat, friends chat. That's it sadly.
    There IS a player hub planned, but seeing the previews, it's not really promising.
    Clans can have their own "dojos", but they end up being large abandoned museums of someone's creativity.
    Oh right, PVP. There IS pvp, but it's a sideshow, and a really bad one.

The feel:
    First couple mastery levels(namely 8) - "Cool, I'm getting these mastery levels I don't know **** about, while trying out all these fun weapons. I don't care I have no idea what they do, it's cool and awesome."
    Post 8 - "Ugh, yet another **** weapon to level to get mastery up." *checks inventory and sees 20 more rank 0* "yeah, **** it."
    The fact that the game is discouraging use of single equipment a player finds fun, is rather baffling.

P2W factor:
    The only mandatory platinum market purchases are inventory slots and weapon power ups, called potatoes.(they increase the mod capacity of a weapon by 100%)
    Thankfully they're pretty cheap and the powerups can occasionally be gained on special mission.
    Other than that, everything is attainable through farming, albeit it'll take much longer.

Summary:
    The game doesn't feel new, but it sure feels fun the first 100 hours. If you don't mind being played a fool with "new" content based on the same principle, grind, you can keep being a positive statistic on their charts.
    The quite positive thing is the nearly non existent P2W factor.
    Basically, if you REALLY have nothing better to play, or have a fetish for ninjas in space, this is the game you can sink your money into. If not, wait for a 50% platinum discount, buy some platinum in the worth of an average indie game, buy inventory slots and kill time. Contrary to what fanbois preach, this is NOT an AAA title.
  14. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is only one thing you need to know about Warframe: It's free.

Oh, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. When I say that Warframe is free, I mean, literally speaking, it is free. Still not clear enough? Alright, I'll elaborate. Apart from two different types of items - appearance items (such as skins and coloring pallets) and weapon/Warframe slots - it is possible for all players to access almost all types of in game items and entities (apart from a few that are no longer available to everyone). In this manner, it is possible for you to obtain every Warframes (characters or so to speak), every weapons, every non-visual-based items and the likes. Of course, there are conditions to fulfill, and obtaining everything will most likely take up a good portion of your time (isn't this what you are looking for?), but the point is, it is perfectly possible to play Warframe in the long run without paying a single cent. It's your choice.

So, what is Warframe? In this game, you are basically a character known as "Tenno" who fights battles within a futuristic solar system. You will be teaming up with 3 other Tennos (this is a 4 player co-op game) to complete missions laid out by Lotus, a female commander issuing you orders. Nah, she is nicer than your ex-girlfriend, so don't worry about that.

You will basically be facing three separate forces, Grineer, Corpus and the Infestation (think of the three races in Starcraft if you want to get a better idea). There are different types of missions, ranging from elimination, rescue, spy, to defense and rescue. As for weapons, basically you get to equip a primary weapon (rifle, shotgun, sniper and many others that are hard to categorize), a secondary weapon (categorization is hard for this as well) and a melee weapon (sword, mace, fist... you know the deal). As for your character, you will be using one out of the somewhat 10-ish (slightly less than 20, though the number is gradually increasing as more update comes by) Warframes. Each Warframe comes with different stats, such as self-repairing shields, like those in halo, health, energy (mana) and speed. Still, more importantly, each Warframe has its own unique set of 4 skills. These skills are great assets for the players as most of the times they will come in handy. One thing to note is that gender is preset, so those transsexuals don't have to fake their gender anymore, which is, well ... you decide if it's good or not. There are also mods (modifications) that you can insert into your weapons and Warframes to make them much stronger than they originally are.

Oh and there are parkour. Learn how to press "WASD" + "LShift" + "LCtrl" + "Space" in fluid coordination. It will be helpful and painful, but you will definitely need them.

Simple?

Unlike many co-op shooters, Warframe definitely has its merits. One of the most apparent distinction of the game is that it has a leveling system that can be found in most MMOs. You can level up both your weapons and Warframes to a maximum rank of 30. Moreover, you can rank up your mods as well to make them more powerful. In this way, Warframe won't be a simple "run-shoot-kill see-score go-sleep" type of game. Never. There are things more important than that.

Another merit of Warframe is that there are frequent updates. When I say frequent, I mean FREQUENT, as in one big update per month or so. There will be new game modes, Warframes, weapons, mods ... etc. I mean, come on, who thinks that L4D2 came too fast after L4D1 is released? I do. Who is still waiting for L4D3 after all these years? I am. Who thinks that Gabe Newell should fulfill the unsaid promise of completing the trilogies of Valve games? I do. Come on, we have been waiting for L4D3 and Portal 3 and HL3, and we are sick and tired of being sick and tired of waiting. This won't happen for Warframe though. The game has a gradual and comfortable pace of updating. You get new contents every now and then, and they usually blends well with the game. Usually.

Still, like most games, there are pros and cons of Warframe and I have to sincerely admit that there are shortcomings with this game when compared to other games. One major shortcoming (I won't say flaw) of this game is that it lacks a concrete story line. Apart from some trivial storytelling, there really aren't much of a tale going on. There are stories told, I'm not saying there aren't, but they are rather weak. I know, that is not their aim, and that is not really the point of Warframe, but compared to the rich (though monotonous) storyline of L4D and Portal, Warframe needs to good a better job here.

Also, the game can be rather repetitive. You know, this applies for most Coop shooters, so there really isn't much to say about this. Yeah, repetitive.

So, in general, try Warframe. It's free. If you don't like it, drop it. Simple as that.
  15. Sep 27, 2014
    Isnt it weird how users rarely agree with critic scores? Take a look at Destiny that clearly copyed Warframe, critics love it, users hate it, just a weird side note.

Anyway ive st arted playing a f ew weeks ago and I love it, it has so much contat and so many hours of gameplay that you cant believe its a free game. Ofc you can purchase things with real money, but then again, you can earn the currency needed in game aswell, so there is no need to spend money on anything. An amazing game that everyone should have a look at it.

The reason I did not give it a full scrore is because it has bugs, not during gameplay, but while you are inside your ship, they rly piss me off from time to time.
  16. Jun 16, 2014
    Amazing F2P game with a really impressive development team. They are extremely transparent with what they are working on and get the community heavily involved through weekly devstreams and Q&A.
    Warframe is a constantly evolving game with new things added frequently.
    Warframe is a constantly evolving game with new things added frequently.
    The fairest pay model I have ever seen. EVERYTHING but cosmetics can be acquired through normal gameplay, and cosmetics that cannot be acquired through normal gameplay can be acquired by selling materials or blueprints you do not need for the premium currency.

However, Warframe still has yet to polish its new player experience, which holds the game back. A proper intro and tutorial are needed badly for any future expansion of its playerbase. As of now, getting started is the most difficult part of Warframe.
  17. Aug 19, 2014
    I have put well over 700 hours into this game. You don't put that much time into a rubbish game! If this game were reviewed today by professional critics, having had 14 major updates since it was first released and reviewed, then it would score far more highly. A wonderful game that offers much and is in no way a pay to win experience. Give it a go. You won't regret it. Though you justI have put well over 700 hours into this game. You don't put that much time into a rubbish game! If this game were reviewed today by professional critics, having had 14 major updates since it was first released and reviewed, then it would score far more highly. A wonderful game that offers much and is in no way a pay to win experience. Give it a go. You won't regret it. Though you just might lose a large segment of your life to it! Expand
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    The best game ever!!! No more to say... but if Metacritic needs a review with at least 150.... so: The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!
  19. Mar 23, 2014
    Good game and good team co op play. Always adding new things to the game. A lot of missions to play. A lot of weapons and war frames to customize with mods and colors.
  20. Apr 13, 2014
    I give it a 7 of 10 i would give it a 9 of 10 but it JUST KEEPS CRASHING for absolutely no reason.
    If anyone knows how to fix it message me on steam :billybobapb101.
  21. Apr 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an amazing game!! Its got an amazing variety of characters, weapons, scenery, and gore!! And with an update to look forward to about every 2 months, nothing ever gets old! This game will always be a long lasting phenomenon!! XD Expand
  22. May 3, 2014
    Warframe is the best FREE mmo I have played so far.
    The system is really great and they have frequent updates so it keeps getting better.
    The only down site at this moment are the number of bugs in the game. But show stopping bugs get fixed fast if they are reported. You should give it a try for sure, at the start it is hard to understand the game and what you can do. But check some
    Warframe is the best FREE mmo I have played so far.
    The only down site at this moment are the number of bugs in the game.
    But show stopping bugs get fixed fast if they are reported.
    But check some wiki pages, ask around and try it all out and it will be great!
  23. May 6, 2014
    I hate the way people say you have to spend money to play this game. Ive unlocked everything in the game with out spending a penny. It is a great game and is very enjoyable and at the end of the day it totally free. Not a penny is need to be spent
  24. Aug 14, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. In Warframe, you can feel like the frame that you are playing as, is yourself. Yes it is true how you get farther by playing some of the same type of missions, but it's still fun to lvl up, and unlock all the GOOD weapons in the game. I usually play Warframe within a time frame of maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending if I am playing with others or not. TheI absolutely love this game. In Warframe, you can feel like the frame that you are playing as, is yourself. Yes it is true how you get farther by playing some of the same type of missions, but it's still fun to lvl up, and unlock all the GOOD weapons in the game. I usually play Warframe within a time frame of maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending if I am playing with others or not. The leveling system in this game is unique within itself. You level your profile (or Mastery) rank, which allows you to unlock some of the later weapons, and there are the levels that your weapons gain over time. It is true that the game does get repetitive, but it's nice to always come back after a while. I do recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good game in Third Person. Expand
  25. Jul 19, 2014
    At the time of this writing, Warframe is at Update 14.

As this game develops, it gets better and better. The lore is taking shape, the UI is more intuitive, new game play mechanics are being implemented and old ones improved or revamped among other positive changes that enhance the game experience as it continues to develop in Beta. The developers have a good reputation with the
    At the time of this writing, Warframe is at Update 14.

As this game develops, it gets better and better.

The developers have a good reputation with the players of the Warframe Community.
    They involve themselves in the forums, communicate to players via social media, and are also involved in the in-game chat. Working closely with the community, they have been able to tailor the game to what the players are looking for.

Being in beta, there is always room for improvement.
    With each update release, the game gets buggy but you can expect that with most games during update phases - especially online multiplayer games. Smooths out with the hot fixes.
    The game is not perfect yet but I gave it a 10 because of how much it has improved since the time of its release. I also gave it a 10 because of the relationship the developers have with the players.

I have been playing since closed beta but have only been actively playing since Update 9.
    I really like how much the game has changed and I think I will be playing for a while longer.
  26. Jul 26, 2014
    Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - Free to play - great character customization - great modding system - Don't ever have to spend a cent of IRL money if you're patient and smart. - allot of fun - frequent updates - big variety of weapons war-frames and powers - random and very fun global events which usually have cool bonuses. - Great tutorial and start to the game Cons - VERY
    Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - Free to play
    - great character customization
    - great modding system
    - Don't ever have to spend a cent of IRL money if you're patient and smart.
    - allot of fun
    - frequent updates
    - big variety of weapons war-frames and powers
    - random and very fun global events which usually have cool bonuses.
    - Great tutorial and start to the game

Cons
    - VERY repetitive maps. I don't find the actual gameplay to be repetitive at all, in fact the gameplay get's funner every time i play it, but the maps sure as heck are repetitive. dozens and dozens of different missions and i've only noticed about 5 unique maps.(keep in mind i haven't unlocked all planets but my statement still stands).

- No real story. When i first started playing it started off with a cool quest to hunt down someone who tried to capture you, and it seemed like this would lead into a really cool and interesting story. Unfortunately after you complete this quest, any remnants of a story disappears, and the game just becomes nothing more than hunting for loot to build more gear and doing the occasional event.

This game is amazing and has amazing potential. If a proper and immerse story and allot more unique maps are added. This will without a doubt be my favorite game of all time.
  27. Aug 5, 2014
    This game is amazing. Play it coop since the begining with friends and you will have a blast. If you like shooters (Like Halo, but 3rd person) and Diablo style games, you'll love Warframe. Plus , mostly everything can be obtained farming without expending cash, and even then, you have a daily chance to get free bonuses, which includes discounts up to 75%+ discount on platinum (PayThis game is amazing. Play it coop since the begining with friends and you will have a blast. If you like shooters (Like Halo, but 3rd person) and Diablo style games, you'll love Warframe. Plus , mostly everything can be obtained farming without expending cash, and even then, you have a daily chance to get free bonuses, which includes discounts up to 75%+ discount on platinum (Pay currency), so if you love the game like i do, you will buy some to support this amazing game. Really worth a try, one of my favorite online games along league of legends. Expand
  28. Aug 12, 2014
    Great game. I've been playing since it came into open beta. I've sunk some money into it, but recently have been working on going at it with no extra cash put in. I've really enjoyed meeting other players, exploring constantly developing and dynamic content.
    The graphics have impressed me since the first day I played.
    I've never felt like people were pushing me to do something I didn't
    The graphics have impressed me since the first day I played.
    I've never felt like people were pushing me to do something I didn't want to do when I played, and I have been playing with lots of different types.
    Some people are jerks, but that's online game play for you.
    The core of the game lends itself very strongly to the player filling in time with fighting a lot, which helps the player fine-tune his or her game play.
  29. Aug 29, 2014
    I really admire this game because this is fun-to-play. It already lasted for 1 and a half years so it it a game where a lot of people play plus the developers progresses with their game with new updates thus hard work. The warframes designs are good, the weapons are strong and balanced, melee still needs some changes and improvements but its a good start, and the enemies are well-made.I really admire this game because this is fun-to-play. It already lasted for 1 and a half years so it it a game where a lot of people play plus the developers progresses with their game with new updates thus hard work. The warframes designs are good, the weapons are strong and balanced, melee still needs some changes and improvements but its a good start, and the enemies are well-made. But the repetitive gamplay is the problem for players who get tired easily, but this is still being developed so in the future, this game be a more fun for players and maybe they can get a higher rating compared to now. Expand
  30. Sep 15, 2014
    I really don't get why people hate on this game so much....

1.Many people complain that this is a pay 2 win game but really it is not. Everything is game changing is unlock able by just playing 2.What people don't get is that this is a game for you and 1-3 friends to play not you alone with random people online 3.This game is worth spending maybe about $25 on platinum, because
    I really don't get why people hate on this game so much....

3.This game is worth spending maybe about $25 on platinum, because buying platinum is not game changing it just makes you look cooler or get a weapon faster

Does it deserve a 10? close but not just yet
    Does it deserve a 0-4? No unless you don't have friends

If you have friends then go ahead it will be great. But if you don't why are you playing a co-op game?

1. Sep 11, 2014
    The idea with the Tamagotchi-space-dogs is already absolutely amazing.
  2. Feb 27, 2014
    One year and twelve updates in, Warframe appears to be a solid action game leveraging really excellent technology to create a fun and engaging experience. There are still some rough edges and many opportunities to amp up the variety of content, but with a compelling world and addictive, twitchy action, Warframe has a lot to offer.
  3. With the lack of a Pay to Win system and easy engagement for new players, Warframe offers some quality time.