8.2

1. Apr 17, 2012
    Great strategy game, very underrated. I have not played with other people yet but fighting with your friends against the computer or fighting against your friends is awesome. After I level up a little more I'm definitely giving ranked games a try. Also single player, though not very long is quite fun.
  2. Feb 24, 2012
    Suprisingly fun game. Much slower paced than a game like starcraft, the game engine is awesome, i never get tired of the zooming levels. Lots of units, lots of strategy and the slow pace means an online game is more based on your tactics and choice of units, than how many clicks you can do per minute. Highly rated!
  3. Jul 6, 2013
    How hard it is to forget all strategy games you ever played? It's generally really not easy, until you spot this Wargame. Then you forget every other game during first few minutes, and you will refuse to play anything else for weeks.

That is, if you are a person who likes strategic thinking.
    Do I have to say more?
  4. Mar 8, 2012
    When you first start playing the game it is a bit confusing , and the learning curve takes a little while to get used to how the game works and the interface with all its complexities . However..... once you can get past that .. This game is Fantastic !!! The single player is alot of fun and challenging . The ability to zoom all the way out or in reminds me of Supreme Commander and IWhen you first start playing the game it is a bit confusing , and the learning curve takes a little while to get used to how the game works and the interface with all its complexities . However..... once you can get past that .. This game is Fantastic !!! The single player is alot of fun and challenging . The ability to zoom all the way out or in reminds me of Supreme Commander and I like that. The sheer number of units you can unlock insures that you will always have something to look forward to when playing this game. Me and my buddies love RTS gaming and we have been having fun with this ever since it came out. Whoever developed this game put alot of time and effort into it ... and it shows. Cheers thanks for a great game ! Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2012
    A really fun game! There's deep strategy involved, and this game is unlike any other I've played. The goal is to not lose expensive units. Even pushing an enemy all the way back to their base may result in a multiplayer loss, if you lose more command points than the enemy. This results in some matches, where the battle is still raging while the game is won by one team or the other.
  6. Mar 1, 2012
    Player of R.U.S.E, I was really worrying about the complexity of WEE, way before the release. The game is DOPE. A must-have for every STR player.

I see that the main critic about the game is : too many units. Sure, this game isn't about getting a full knowledge of all the content in one hour. This is War. WAR, gentlemen. The game is all about a new experience of STR playing. One of the

The game is all about a new experience of STR playing.

One of the best STR since CoH.
  7. Apr 15, 2012
    This is the single most fun wargame i have played since the times of peoples general. Wargame EUA manages to bring the scale of old school hex strategy into play in a real time environment.
    The strategic implications of the terrain will haunt your nightmares, the detailed units will give you wet dreams (if you're into military hardware, that is). The game looks and FEELS fantastic, when full on combat gets going, you will see and hear WAR raging. I first thought this to ruse in cold war skin, but no, eugen systems really sat down on this one and made it a unique experience. The campaigns are challenging and teach you the gameplay, then multiplayer awaits, and a veritable host of humans to challenge your skill against. This is not starcraft, apm and split second decisions do not win you a cup here. This is about strategy.
  8. Feb 25, 2012
    First of all I won't talk about the Sp in this review its bad and really generic and seems out of place if id rate it on that base id give it a 3/10 but lets face it it is a MP game at that is where Wargame really shines it combines World in Conflict with R.U.S.E its way too much fun to play 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 with friends.
    There is no realy basebuilding in so it really focuses on the action,
    There is no realy basebuilding in so it really focuses on the action, just like I love my MP games with friends no deep tactics or micromanagment just pure fun and destruction.
    Really enjoying it. with his huge maps and just masses of units to choose from
  9. Mar 13, 2012
    Best PC Strategy game in the last 2 years. This game is a gem and is pretty easy to pick up. It has great depth and is not more complicated than it needs to be. Gamers who like ARMA II, Hearts of Iron III, World in Conflict, etc. will enjoy this game. At $39.99US it is a lot cheaper than the $59.99 games and is excellent value for the money. The AI is as good as it needs to be. IBest PC Strategy game in the last 2 years. This game is a gem and is pretty easy to pick up. It has great depth and is not more complicated than it needs to be. Gamers who like ARMA II, Hearts of Iron III, World in Conflict, etc. will enjoy this game. At $39.99US it is a lot cheaper than the $59.99 games and is excellent value for the money. The AI is as good as it needs to be. I have put about 15 hours in to the game so far. I will definitely be playing this game for at least the next 6 months. Anyways, there are some good tutorials on Youtube. You might want to view them to get a general idea how the game works as there doesn't seem to be a lot of in game help.

Anyways, an serious PC Strategy Gamer needs to pick this game up.
  10. Apr 12, 2012
    This is the perfect game for strategy fans who prefer a slightly slower pace and more tactical strategy rather than base building. It is the best RTS I've played in a very long time.
  11. Feb 27, 2012
    I am loving this game. So much so, that it might just replace my favourite RTS of all time: Sudden Strike 2. As with SS2, there's no building of units. Units can be bought WiC style from a pool of Resource Points, which will replenish according to how many control points you hold on the map. The sheer amount of units to unlock is immense. Which can be daunting, but how could you possiblyI am loving this game. So much so, that it might just replace my favourite RTS of all time: Sudden Strike 2. As with SS2, there's no building of units. Units can be bought WiC style from a pool of Resource Points, which will replenish according to how many control points you hold on the map. The sheer amount of units to unlock is immense. Which can be daunting, but how could you possibly complain about being spoilt for choice? Any units unlocked in the SP campaign will carry over to the MP too, so there is definitely a good reason to sink some time into it. Graphics are fine, units are very detailed, terrain less so, but overall the style is meant to be functional rather than dazzling in order to not distract from the gameplay. And that is where the meat of this (MP) game is at. After positioning your initial troops in the starting zone, it's all about establishing a proper font line, use of scouts, cover and supply logistics and attacking your opponent's weakest point in their defense. As a good war game should be played. The learning curve for how to do all these things efficiently is certainly steeper than for most build and rush type games, but if you get it under control, the game is so much more satisfying than anything currently on the PC market. It might well be that there a still some balancing issues, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a patch or two. Also I have not experienced any stability problems or crashes, and the connectivity in multiplayer games is mostly solid. If you are a fan of more realistic wargaming, do yourself a favour and give this game a shot. You won't regret it. A solid 10 from me. Expand
  12. Oct 20, 2012
    Very difficult solo missions, just the way you feel fully satisfied when you accomplish it. Choosing how to spent the stars you earn in the previous mission to unlock new weapons (vehicles/tanks/infantry...) could be tricky because you can't undo it and have to live with it once you made a choice.
    Nice graphics if you choose to go down from the eagle view where you spend most of your time.
    Didn't try multiplayer yet, but with solo I have had much fun.
  13. Feb 26, 2012
    If u want a great singleplayer and u dont want to stick with the mp....dont get this game!
    If u want to have the best rts mp experience this time, go and get this game!
  14. Feb 24, 2012
    This is a very demanding game, complex, realistic, which will not please everyone due to its hard difficulty. But it's surely the most realistic strategy game ever made.
    Play opportunities seem endless (due to a huge number of units), with epic battles that will require a lot of concentration and mastery.
    Graphics are good, Maps are huge, and multiplayer is fantastic. I've not finished the campaign (I'm at mid-game), but it's quiet interresting.
    the only negative point: it is difficult to have a clear depth perception during battles, which is a crucial parameter to increase opportunities to beat opponents.
    It's currently the best strategy game released for a very long time.
  15. Feb 29, 2012
    Although it takes a little bit of time to adjust to the amount of units, as one person has said "TOO MANY UNITS!!!!@!!@ NO UNDERSTAND", Wargame: European Escalation is a fine example of a game and I definitely recommend picking it up.
  16. Feb 27, 2012
    Im speaking about MP: The best strategy game i ever played. I know, there is some SC1/2 but!! there are just a games (really great games) but in this game you have really feelings of chess game - W:EE is hc game. If you dont know about basic war manouvers - you lost. There isnt something like this - swarm on enemy. If you will using terrain like your advice..you are one step to win. ThisIm speaking about MP: The best strategy game i ever played. I know, there is some SC1/2 but!! there are just a games (really great games) but in this game you have really feelings of chess game - W:EE is hc game. If you dont know about basic war manouvers - you lost. There isnt something like this - swarm on enemy. If you will using terrain like your advice..you are one step to win. This game is about TEAMPLAY!!!! - with no teamplay is no chance. See you there generals! Expand
  17. Hob
    Feb 29, 2012
    Steel Panthers and Close Combat had a love child and it looks like this. Best strategy game to come out in a decade. Made all the better by the clueless magazine reviewers who can't make head nor tails out of this. Easy to learn, hard to master and so very, very much fun.
  18. May 20, 2013
    I have to say Wargame is the BEST RTS game ever made in game history. Even better than COH2/SC2:
    Wargame has:
    -Better graphics
    -Better handing/battle feel
    -Realistic/large scale (Just think about the firing range in COH/COH2 are too short and unrealistic)
    -More units
  19. Mar 11, 2012
    IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS: They simply do not understand the beauty!

IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS: They simply do not understand the beauty!

This is, by far, the most tactical RTS created since the first Supreme Commander's initial release. It stands in the halls of RTS-Valhalla with classics such as Command and Conquer, Dune, Men of War, Star Craft, Total Annihilation, Total War. This game has had me addicted to the point where I bought it for three friends so they could play with me. I put at least 2-3 hours into it a day. It is addictingly good.

To start with, the number one issue people seem to have is the sheer number of units. Worry not! There will be more added! Why? Because this game is set in the 1975-1985 cold war era. Armies did not have "one heavy, one medium, one light, one special" unit. They had dozens of units, from multiple nations, and variants there-of! This game is a near-simulator grade RTS. They add enough variety and "realism" to allow for you to enjoy intense multiplayer games, without it feeling to gamey.

You will be spending your time managing tactics on a large scale, occasionally small scale. I apply Soviet Tank tactics to this game...RIGHT FROM THEIR BOOK. Literally, I play by the REAL WORLD book. How many RTS can you do that with? (Total War /TA/SupCom)

It keeps just enough game elements in so you don't sit back bored with a wall of information you will never use...but enough simulator elements for battles to flow close-to-reality.

Controls are smooth. Units are close-to-accurate. Graphics are amazing for an RTS of this scope. (during one stream someone asked if I was streaming ArmA2 when I was zoomed in to infantry level.) Lag is not horrible for a game that has hundreds of units on the field over dozens upon dozens of square miles.

I have literally 27 armies I have built to use in my games. NATO and Warsaw Pact. Everything from an all-black-hawk mounted American AirCav, to a soviet tank force numbering into 80+ tanks at times. You have variety to do what you want. Real world army builds or 'your' builds.

While Multiplayer is where it excels, single player is enjoyable. It is not the 'best' SP ever, but the missions are for the most part fun to play. A few times I went in expecting a mission to be easy, only to have been out maneuvered and ambushed... Everything you unlock in SP though, is available for MP use.

Developers have mentioned possibly adding in air support, a online war campaign, and more. They have CONSTANTLY been adding new patches every single week. Fixing bugs, cheats, and errors.

If you truely wish to enjoy this game...go in with a thinking mine, not a Michael Bay "i wanna see things go boom!" mind like we see with more recent games (CnC4, Starcraft 2...)

If Starcraft is 0, and real war is 10 on a scale of "real tactics and play" - this game would be an 8. With Total War being a 9 and World in Conflict being a 6.

This game is the perfect balance between simulator and fun....but you must get it for the MP. SP is not, alone, good enough to enjoy.

By far, this is one of the most enjoyable games I have played in the past 8 years. I recommend this. With this game, even you can be a tactical genius.
  20. Mar 28, 2012
    Wargame is by far the best Real Time Strategy game I have ever played. The creators have clearly scarified a degree of accessibility that many other new games strive for in order to bring the players a deeper experience. There is a daunting number of units, and it takes a few hours of playing games in multiplayer to start getting good at the game, but most importantly, despite theWargame is by far the best Real Time Strategy game I have ever played. The creators have clearly scarified a degree of accessibility that many other new games strive for in order to bring the players a deeper experience. There is a daunting number of units, and it takes a few hours of playing games in multiplayer to start getting good at the game, but most importantly, despite the challenges the game presents, it is a lot of fun. Many many issues have been raised in the reviews here and in the forums regarding the use of artillery and various types of rushes. It can seem very difficult to counter these things, but the game is actually very well balanced. Its one of the few strategy games I have seen where the units don't have so much of a rock/paper/scissors relationship, but instead the importance of Armour/damage/weapon type/fire rate and several other stats are what come into play on each unit. According to my rating in the ranked play of the game, I'm in the A league and I have found that using a balanced force of recon vehicles, infantry, tanks, and other vehicles will always beat someone using just tanks, just helicopters or just infantry. This is also the first time in a strategy game where I felt like I could just jump in because the relationships between the different units makes sense. Tanks can't kill everything, Infantry have a variety of different and powerful weapons, and you can't see very much of the map without effective reconnaissance. If you prefer base building, or simpler mechanics like in Red Alert games, then this game might not appeal to you, but if you enjoy a slower more thought out game, then Wargame can be a lot of fun. Expand
  21. Apr 1, 2012
    This is a fantastic RTS. Its the first games in years that feels like it has enough tactical depth to keep you coming back again and again. Comebacks in are very possible and intelligent tactics and flexibility can carry the day even if you have been losing earlier in the game. This coupled with the fact that many games that were losses have been as exciting and enjoyable as wins means isThis is a fantastic RTS. Its the first games in years that feels like it has enough tactical depth to keep you coming back again and again. Comebacks in are very possible and intelligent tactics and flexibility can carry the day even if you have been losing earlier in the game. This coupled with the fact that many games that were losses have been as exciting and enjoyable as wins means is something atypical for most RTS games where you or opponent reaches a critical mass of units or technological progression and the game is a foregone conclusion. Don't be put off by a rather steep learning curve in multiplayer, you'll quickly find a fascinating game. If you are struggling with the mechanics play the single player to understand the basics. Also, remember to watch replays from your opponents perspective, there is always something to learn. Enjoy! Expand
  22. Apr 10, 2012
    The game is awesome! Fantastic gameplay, huge number of different units, very large maps. I have loved the campaign and have great pleasure playing MP. Buy this game if you want a strategy fix!
  23. Apr 12, 2012
    Fast, mean, unforgiving, put your tactical brains on overdrive and go to it. For me this is one game that delivers. Forget massing units and just pummelling a weaker foe. Try that approach and the AI will spank you severely on easy setting as well. I've always been a casual player of wargames so multi player has never really interested me, this game fills that hole up. The AI likes toFast, mean, unforgiving, put your tactical brains on overdrive and go to it. For me this is one game that delivers. Forget massing units and just pummelling a weaker foe. Try that approach and the AI will spank you severely on easy setting as well. I've always been a casual player of wargames so multi player has never really interested me, this game fills that hole up. The AI likes to surprise you and wont come at you in vast armadas of tanks. But if your daft enough not to use your recon units it'll teach you a lesson in pain. Expand
  24. Apr 12, 2012
    One of the best strategy games I have played since the original Command & Conquer. The gameplay requires one to think ahead and plan a detailed strategy. Unlike other so called RTS games, this really does require one to think strategically as opposed to tactically. I know i am going to be playing this game for years to come :P
  25. Apr 14, 2012
    People who complain about having too many units (realistic and gives room for great customization), or a unit cap (disallow over spamming, and also is realistic, considering the units are actual reinforcement, and reinforcement is limited), or the need for recon to actually spot your enemy (what, you can spot and identify enemy units from 50km away? Again, it adds to realism and shows howPeople who complain about having too many units (realistic and gives room for great customization), or a unit cap (disallow over spamming, and also is realistic, considering the units are actual reinforcement, and reinforcement is limited), or the need for recon to actually spot your enemy (what, you can spot and identify enemy units from 50km away? Again, it adds to realism and shows how crucial recon is in warfare)... You people are absolutely incapable to understand and appreciate strategy games. Wargame EE is a different class of games than others, like Starcraft, Age of Empires, or Command and Conquer. These games focus mainly on micromanagement and knowledge of units to create counters to known enemy tactics. Wargame EE is a true STRATEGY game. It focuses on true military tactics and strategies. In Wargame, like in real warfare, a 10 point rifleman with a LAW can destroy a heavy 130 point tank with one good rear armor hit, if lucky. Tanks and other vehicles don't "slip" on the ground. They roll. That means you have to think about what kind of terrain you're going on. It also means you have movement inertia to account. If you run in a barrage of artillery, don't expect to just stop and roll back instantly. It takes time.

Of course, like any strategy game, there are balance issues, but the developer is extremely attentive to player comments, and they do fix those issues rather well.

Finally, Wargame EE is certainly the most realistic and complete strategy game I have ever played. It's not perfect, but it is damn good!
  26. Apr 14, 2012
    This game is easily thr best strategy I've ever played, it blends realism and gameplay to a perfect degree, and I think it is ahead of its time, the only thing it could need is a realism slider or two forms of gameplay, the standard RTS/arcaade and a more advanced sort of simulator with all of the ranges scaled correctly and the supply system re-worked. The game plays extremely well, andThis game is easily thr best strategy I've ever played, it blends realism and gameplay to a perfect degree, and I think it is ahead of its time, the only thing it could need is a realism slider or two forms of gameplay, the standard RTS/arcaade and a more advanced sort of simulator with all of the ranges scaled correctly and the supply system re-worked. The game plays extremely well, and ranked is a blat. The fact that each side doesnt have an automatic counter to the other is perfect, and realistic, it forces players to think. The only hinderance to the game is players who incessantly rush using roads into the other side's HQ objective. However thee is a counter for pretty much everything, the only thing is it does take some time. The campaign missions are very fun, they pit you as various forces against a wide variety of foes. All in all this is easily my favorite game, even better than Supreme Commander. Expand
  27. Apr 23, 2012
    Loved this game, may be the best RTS I have ever played, like others have stated if you want fast paced matches this may not be the game for you but the detail and options at your disposal for each map is incredible.
  28. Jun 16, 2012
    This game is everything that an RTS should be. They have done an amazing job with this game, and sadly I don't feel it has gotten attention it deserves. This game will NOT hold your hand and baby you! There is no tutorial really, and the only way to become good is to play. You will be average after about 150 hours of gameplay, this game is chess not checkers. I've played other gamesThis game is everything that an RTS should be. They have done an amazing job with this game, and sadly I don't feel it has gotten attention it deserves. This game will NOT hold your hand and baby you! There is no tutorial really, and the only way to become good is to play. You will be average after about 150 hours of gameplay, this game is chess not checkers. I've played other games by them and to me it seems like they finally made the game they wanted to make all along. I don't really know what changed but THANK YOU for making this game. If you were like me as a kid and used to stage elaborate battles with green plastic army men then this game is definitely for you. The better you get at this game the more enjoyable it becomes, but you have to learn the units (there are a lot of them) and you quickly find out which are most important. Just like chess, certain units can only do certain things, and if you make a mistake or do not catch something your opponent is doing, you will pay dearly. The guys who made this game are apparently french and it totally makes sense, the menus outside of gameplay can be confusing at first, but you get used to it. The multiplayer is cool, but the game would be MUCH easier to play if it supported voice communication, (i need teamspeak/vent) but I think it might have been out of their budget so maybe next time or in a later update.
    Overall, I love this game, GO BUY IT!, give these guys your money so they will make more cool games. I have to say they nailed the RTS genre on the head with this release. This is my first review ever, that's how much I want to show support for this game. If only Microsoft would let them make AGE of EMPIRES IV, that would be awesome. BUY BUY BUY
  29. Aug 10, 2012
    I'm going to be short: it's a stunning, amazing game. An RTS on its own, although well comparable to R.U.S.E. and World in Conflict.
    Learning curve tends to be steep, the ensuing multiplayer game is amply rewarding. Considering the rather small player base I'd say Wargame is a real gem.
  30. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best RTS games of the past few years, no doubt about that. Set in a relatively modern era, W:EE offers a plethora of units to choose from, and while the game itself may seem daunting at first, any RTS fan will settle in no time.

PROS: - Wide range of units. - Very nice graphics for a game of it's scale. - Strategy is actually needed, an actual surprise for RTS games

PROS:
    - Wide range of units.
    - Very nice graphics for a game of it's scale.
    - Strategy is actually needed, an actual surprise for RTS games nowadays.
    - Multiplayer system is good, if you have people to play with.
    - A lengthy campaign and skirmish mode will help you learn the mechanics of the game.

CONS:
    - A small community, although the game is good, their are few players left, averaging around a few thousand as a peak each day. However, the sequel to the game, Wargame: AirLand Battle is releasing soon, which should attract a bigger fanbase.
    - Although spamming generally doesn't work, it can still happen. It is often easy to combat, but since some of the units are extremely cheap to produce, new players may feel overwhelmed when trying to combat a spam.
    - The multiplayer and skirmish mode requires players to unlock units themselves. While this can be done through completing the campaign, it is a very slow process. Multiplayer is more rewarding regarding unlocks, but again, new players may feel overwhelmed when going against players who have some of the best units in the game.

Overall, W:EE is a brilliant game. With the upcoming release of AirLand Battle, we can only hope Eugen Systems continues the formula which made this game great.

1. May 20, 2012
    A solid tactical simulation of armored warfare 1975-1985 whose real value is in the multiplayer mode.
  2. May 11, 2012
    Eugen Systems put the "real" back into RTS. The result is spacious, subtle, deeply satisfying tactical gaming. [June 2012, p.84]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 25, 2012
    Over-complicated tactical-strategic RPG is way too fast and complicated for the beginner while unsatisfactory for any advanced gamer. [Apr 2012]