8.9

1. Dec 28, 2010
    This game IMHO ruined the single player story line of the Dawn of War series, as it introduced multi-race Campaign, so the story entirely depends on what race you chose, whereas the original had a very good story line that was only made for one race therefore the story was better. But I will admit that this game did increase the replay value and made multiplayer allot better.
  2. WillT.
    Jan 20, 2007
    I will say that I really enjoyed the original DOW. This is also a good game, but the difficulty ramps up too quickly. Instead of using intelligent strategies, the AI just spawns more units. As a result the game bogs down from time to time with the computer just pumping out tons of units. From there it turns into a clicking match. In my experience, this seems to be a particular issue with I will say that I really enjoyed the original DOW. This is also a good game, but the difficulty ramps up too quickly. Instead of using intelligent strategies, the AI just spawns more units. As a result the game bogs down from time to time with the computer just pumping out tons of units. From there it turns into a clicking match. In my experience, this seems to be a particular issue with the Chaos faction. Still, the game is very enjoyable. Expand

The campaign mode is absolutely interesting and fits wonderfully within the Warhammer 40,000 universe. It's a great beginning to something that we're sure will be bigger and better in the future and provides a ton of gameplay hours and exciting moments.
  2. An enormous amount of top-drawer content for $29.99, and newcomers may rightly mistake it for a full blown sequel. Highly recommended.
    By adding more stuff for you to admire and kill, and more places and ways to do it, Dark Crusade gives the already lively Warhammer RTS universe even more life, personality, blood, and meat. It's a gory, giddy delight, with more depth and gameplay than ever.