7.2

1. Sebastian
    Jan 8, 2007
    The opening cinematic for 'Warhammer: Mark of Chaos' really got me excited. 5 minutes into the I had realized that I would never be able to love the game. I already had 'Medieval: Total War' which was similar in concept, but much better in reality. The thing that really turned me off 'Mark of Chaos' was the battle animations. A glorious letdown.
  2. KennethM.
    Nov 22, 2006
    This game is nothing like warhammer. It's basicly a warcraft clone click fest... I feel like crying...
  3. MichaelC.
    Feb 11, 2007
    Very dissapointed in this game thought there would be more involved got bored playing this game and the review they gave for it was over rated could have been better made lets hope they improve on it.
  4. Yavander
    Nov 21, 2006
    The only game I ever owned worse than this was pool of radiance by ubisoft. If you want a game that follows the warhammer turn based system and it's rules, this game is not for you. if you want a nice looking massive battles game that holds some promise, get this game. here are things I consider issues and why i wouldn't have bought this if i knew better: very hard to see all The only game I ever owned worse than this was pool of radiance by ubisoft. If you want a game that follows the warhammer turn based system and it's rules, this game is not for you. if you want a nice looking massive battles game that holds some promise, get this game. here are things I consider issues and why i wouldn't have bought this if i knew better: very hard to see all your units in battle. if there's a challenge, it doesn't zoom to the heroes. they get treated like every other combat. if u do zoom on the heroes (which is the best way to make sure your hero wins because you have to tell him which special abilities/spells to use) you then loose sight of the battlefield and risk all your troops dying around you. this is all done in realtime, which was not smart (breaks WHRB rules). the battle setups are done just like battle game rules, then it runs in realtime with spells shooting fighting all going on at once (once again, breaking the WHFB game system). try following the game manual for playing against the computer with your army instead of other people or single palyer. you can't the manual doesn't match the game interface. there's another breaking of warhammer rules. you can shoot into melee and kill your own men. this is usually reserved for the skaven army. multiplayer is unbalanced, the army autobuild feature builds an army of 2 powerfull heroes and a small supporting army. i view this as unbalanced. the prerendered movie is arguably the best part of the game. so good, in fact, there is a button on the main menu so u can watch it over and over. that's not a good sign. usually that's something you dont want to see over and over cause the game is better than the movie. Expand

1. Even though a few aspects of Warhammer: Mark of Chaos aren't all that they could be, it nicely distills all of the best characteristics of the tabletop game. It's as close as you're going to get to the real thing without spending a fortune on miniatures.
    A pretty fun game. It's not perfect by any means and has some bugs that can be annoying, but the battles themselves offer a good variety of strategies set in a dark and brooding environment.
    If instead you'd like a cup of real-time Warhammer that's like the Total War series' tactical battles -- only with magic, monsters, and that trademark "grim world" panache -- this is that game. To Warhammer hardcores, that might sound like nerfing. It's not.