7.2

1. DominicP.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Awesome! This game really takes a lot of thinking and that exactly is what make it so cool! I wish that more RTS games were like Mark Of Chaos. I hope the keep patching and updating it. Every Patch makes it better!
  2. DanielG.
    Jan 1, 2007
    I think most people get too hung up on it being the exact digital replica of the turnbased tabletop game As everyone knows turn based games on the PC pretty much suck, there's no sense of urgency and you can just sit around forever planning, RTS however requires you to think on your feet and therefore is more challenging, if you want to play the traditional turn based version then I think most people get too hung up on it being the exact digital replica of the turnbased tabletop game As everyone knows turn based games on the PC pretty much suck, there's no sense of urgency and you can just sit around forever planning, RTS however requires you to think on your feet and therefore is more challenging, if you want to play the traditional turn based version then you go and waste your time and money buying little plastic men, painting them and then hang around with some other nerds and finally play it. As with 40k DoW this puts you straight into the action of a Warhammer battle which is generally more exciting than sitting around rolling some dice thinking, "I wonder how many inches this squad will move? Better ready my ruler." Sure it's not as good as DoW (imo) but I think this provides good RTS value, though it can be occasionally too similar to the popular Total War series. Expand
  3. DarrenC.
    Sep 18, 2007
    I hope you like my story in the game, I tried my best to make it relate to Warhammer. I love WarHammer very much. I hope you enjoy. But Namco did do some changes to my story. =-/ oh well. Anyways I'll do my best on #2 of mark of choas. TY =-)
  4. JoeyG.
    Nov 14, 2006
    This game is awesome! Picked it up and haven't stopped yet! Even missed dinner.
  5. ChrisH.
    Nov 22, 2006
    I believe this game accomplishes what it set out to do very well...put Warhammer Fantasy Battles on the PC with current graphics and effects. The units and graphics look great to me and the hero leveling system allows alot of customization. I have also had no trouble at all with the interface or making use of my units various abilities. I particularly liked the overall look and feel of I believe this game accomplishes what it set out to do very well...put Warhammer Fantasy Battles on the PC with current graphics and effects. The units and graphics look great to me and the hero leveling system allows alot of customization. I have also had no trouble at all with the interface or making use of my units various abilities. I particularly liked the overall look and feel of the game which to me is in keeping with the Warhammer Fantasy universe. The main bad marks I have for the game are in the department of a somewhat buggy release with the main one in my case being a stutter glitch with the sound that occurs every so often. In the end, I think they have a great base here from which to hopefully expand and embellish this system much like what we have seen with Dawn of War and the Total War series. Expand
  6. BertramW.
    Dec 21, 2006
    Whilst I cant help but feel this game doesnt do justice to the Warhammer name it is not actually a bad game. Patched up I have not encountered any bugs so far. Skirmish Is hard to find but is there. Narrative relies on you knowing the Warhammer world. Tactics are good and rushing gets you killed unlike the rather dire (imo) DOW. It's not simply a matter of amassing a huge force and Whilst I cant help but feel this game doesnt do justice to the Warhammer name it is not actually a bad game. Patched up I have not encountered any bugs so far. Skirmish Is hard to find but is there. Narrative relies on you knowing the Warhammer world. Tactics are good and rushing gets you killed unlike the rather dire (imo) DOW. It's not simply a matter of amassing a huge force and winning, the ranged units and heroes really make a difference. All in all 8/10 wait until its out on budget ;) Expand
  7. PeterV.
    Dec 27, 2006
    Solid game all around. The two sided campaign really intertwines and gives off the flavor fo Warhammer. The customization is also of great fun. It's really one of the best RTS games to come out this year. Everyone should at least give it a try. The graphics, sound, music, and strats are top notch.
  8. HungN.
    Dec 28, 2006
    I hope they make an expansion pack for this one because I enjoyed it quite a bit. The writing is superb along with the voice acting. After a few patches, they put in flanking and charging feedback and that really made the tactics a lot more obvious. If Namco keeps supporting the game with patches, it will keep getting better and better.

1. Even though a few aspects of Warhammer: Mark of Chaos aren't all that they could be, it nicely distills all of the best characteristics of the tabletop game. It's as close as you're going to get to the real thing without spending a fortune on miniatures.
    A pretty fun game. It's not perfect by any means and has some bugs that can be annoying, but the battles themselves offer a good variety of strategies set in a dark and brooding environment.
    If instead you'd like a cup of real-time Warhammer that's like the Total War series' tactical battles -- only with magic, monsters, and that trademark "grim world" panache -- this is that game. To Warhammer hardcores, that might sound like nerfing. It's not.