7.8

1. Aug 16, 2013
    this game is the worst piece of in gaming history, it's not even a game, it's human waste. play at your own risk, don't say you weren't warned. mythic need to disband and find new careers: garbage collection might suit.
  2. May 30, 2012
    there are a lot of things that just plain disappoint me about this game.. i mean its WARHAMMER.. one of the best fantasy worlds ever created. i play and love the tabletop game and i read a lot of the books as well.. but i mean this mmo is just plain dull. the characters move sets are slow and casting times take a while.. there's no normal attack so everything requires action points. compared to wow in the combat area it lacks greatly. where wow might have some slower cast moves it keeps the speed and excitement up with lots to pull off and your basic attack for some classes to be going at the same time. another thing is the world looks great but theyr isnt enough of it.. no expansions ither witch is a huge letdown. they needed to add more races i would love to play skaven with all my heart!!!!!. the story is dull and boring and could have been worlds better, why not have some epic quests including some good characters like gotrek and felix or a fight against grey seer thanquol :( sadly gotrek and felix just stand in a bar and do f*%k all all day year after year. if they wanted this game to be good they should not have only copied wows ENGINE.. they should have taken inspiration from the game as well and made it more epic with more of an rpg feel and a bigger world to travel and explore. instead its just all pvp and who owns what zones which is a cool idea but it kills the whole rpg exploration and epic adventure feel for me completely :(. i was so excited when i walked into my first town.. only to find out that you couldnt even go in any of the buildings and every npc was standing out infront of them.. and this was a problem that plauged the ENTIRE GAME. maybe once in a while you find a building you can actually explore but my god why is every other one jsut a set piece. the lands feel like they were just made with the leveling in mind.. its just a straight path with little areas cluttered with trees or rocks where all the mobs to kill are.. no dramatic area design here no no... in WoW it feels like a living breathing world. the lands are unique and you want to explore and see all there is to see and do all there is to do and there are so many hidden and extra things they just throw in for the people that want to play like that. warhammer online is just a series of small areas where you grab some xp.. meaningless enemies and meaningless, unimaginative areas and storyline.. one of the biggest letdowns of my life : Expand
  3. Nov 25, 2011
    I know many of you will discredit me when saying this, but I tried WAR coming from WoW. Tbh, I probably would not be into MMO's if it werent for the PvE of WoW. I was given 2 months of paid subscription from my friend, since he knew I played the free version and didn't like it, and I couldn't play it for more than a day... The graphics and mechanics all point towards an unfinished game, and the PvE is just terrible. PvP is decent, but I couldn't get into the RvR. Expand

1. Mythic has dutifully done everything it needs to to compete with Blizzard's jack of all trades and master of most. Crafting is weak, and dungeons - the small, instanced experiences that really cement the group dynamics in an MMO - are frustratingly rare, but aside from that WAR does it all, and does it well.
  2. Touted as being the pretender to the throne of MMO games, expectations for Warhammer Online were running high. Whilst brilliant in a lot of ways, the lack of polish and a fundamental flaw in the game dynamic does not bode well for its longevity. It is certainly worth playing, but it will leave you wondering why it was not finished before release.
  3. Whether your preference is for PvP or PvE, the frustrations of aimless wandering and vague directions are gone.