4.6

1. May 30, 2014
    I got this game (winkwink) because I couldn't tell who was right between the professional press praising it and the users bashing the hell out of it.
    Know I have a clearer idea : 4 out of 10. And I'm being as objective as I can.
    Know I have a clearer idea : 4 out of 10. And I'm being as objective as I can.

If you try to directly run this game as soon as you get it, get ready for the crash-fest : after 4 tries it managed to start without crashing after the FIRST loading page, but crashed 5 minutes later.
    Skip an hour in time, after putting your drivers up to date (AMD card) and it runs OK, although the frame-rate drops everybody **** about ARE quite a problem.
    The graphics are OK, but nothing notable : looks like PS3 stuff. Nice weather effects though, but that is not the game's biggest problem : the graphics are the surface of a game, I've played awesome and engaging games with really **** graphics (eg : XCOM), and what makes a good game is the fun you get out of them.
    WD gets boring about 5 hours in. Past that time, everything feels monotonous and repetitive (AC : BF anyone?). The "hacking", at first, is quite fun, but it's nothing more then gimmicky so it gets lame very fast. There are tons of situations where it's not that helpful (particularly during car chases), but worst of all it doesn't bring anything new to the table. You'll use it to scout an area and that's about it. No real way to trick enemies, unless you like waiting for goons to conveniently walk next to an explodable pipe or whatnot.
    The easiest and quickest solution is often shooting the **** out of everything, and that takes me to another criticism : the gun play is sloppy and boring. As always in the TPS genre, the guns feel like peashooters, convey no sense of power and sound terrible. And you'll be shooting at a lot of things.
    A thing you'll also be doing far too often is driving, and god how it sucks in WD. The physics are really unconvincing and botched up, the top cars are completely uncontrollable and the driving gameplay is riddled with bugs. To top this off, there are FAR TOO MANY cop chases. That would be fun if the driving was ok, but in the state of things it really becomes a chore and quite frankly encourages you to stop playing.
    The storyline and characters are very, very MEH. Especially Aiden. You never care for a single second about his character, he's unoriginal, not charismatic and completely uninteresting. He even LOOKS like an ****
    The minigames are fun but have little impact on the rest of the gameplay (you gain some skills after completing some of them) and feel completely disconnected with the rest of the game. You can't help but feel that newbisoft tossed as much as they could to artificially inflate the play time. Most of them you will try once and never come back at them again.
    So there you have it, 2 years of expectations and aggressive marketing bashing for THIS : a quickly boring game that's merely on par with others like Sleeping Dogs, Saint's Row or Just Cause 2, but never quite reaches the coveted GTA-like qualification. And you now why? Because GTA has PERSONALITY, something the aforementioned games failed to acheive.
    If this game had got out 6 months ago as intended, it would have massively BOMBED, and that would have been a good thing since it would have forced Ubisoft in respecting their customers for once instead of throwing half-assed and rehashed games to their faces.
    WD is a pretty generic, average open world that gets very boring very fast. Wait until the prices drop to 15-20e, this is not worth 60. SO MUCH FOR THE HYPE, UBISOFT.
  2. Jun 1, 2014
    They should've called this Watch_Bugs.
    Bad physics, bad AI, downgraded graphics, full of bugs, unoptimized, but if you manage to look past all of that (and if you can do that, you certainly have some unique skill), it's a decent sandbox game.
  3. Jun 19, 2014
    Horribly unoptimised for the PC. Chugs along like a fat guy with asthma. Add to that the horrible police rubberbanding (which makes it utterly impossible to ever, EVER lose the cops unless you have a gadget to prevent them spotting you in the first place. Just not fun.
  4. Jun 23, 2014
    Very demanding and yet cheesy visuals. What can I say? I had terrible framerate with GTX 550 Ti even when every single option was off. I shouldn't have bought this crap.
  5. Jun 2, 2014
    So disappointed.!
    So, there is a ton of advertising online for a "new" game with tons of new cool stuff....
    So disappointed.!
    **** Last time i buy a single player only game, next time pirate bay, -unless the game costs maximum 10euros- i spent 50 euros for garbage, worst money spent since Ghosts, nothing new, no innovation and bad really bad physics and controls. I mean, grab some AC free run and some GTA hijacking cars and there you go you have Watch Dog's game-play. The story: A hacker with martial arts, gun and free running training becomes a vigilante after a family member is killed. Whoa this must be the worst character creation I have ever seen, even worse the story, come on people, I have seen this story thousands of times, in comics, movies and games (Max Payne, Batman and The Punisher three examples with the exact same story). Pfff i could have used my 50 euros to light up a cigarette and still it would be more well used than buying this game....
  6. Jun 10, 2014
    Simply put this game is ok for the 7 hours I got to play it. How it locks up on the load screen and support never answered me back after going on 6 days now. No patch to fix yet either now a week and a half later. On top of that if you have a AMD card then don't get this game for some reason they teamed up with Nvidia and it runs very well on their cards. However AMD cards are a nightmareSimply put this game is ok for the 7 hours I got to play it. How it locks up on the load screen and support never answered me back after going on 6 days now. No patch to fix yet either now a week and a half later. On top of that if you have a AMD card then don't get this game for some reason they teamed up with Nvidia and it runs very well on their cards. However AMD cards are a nightmare which totally sucks. F YOU NVIDIA Expand
  7. Jun 18, 2014
    Enjoyable game-play but extremely dumbed-down! You have a lot of 1 button hacking and connecting a few pipes here and there to look forward to in this game. Things went really downhill about 15 hours into the game when all of a sudden I could no longer load my game. Check the Ubisoft forum, the thread has 298 pages of posts from all platforms! I haven't been able to play this $70 gameEnjoyable game-play but extremely dumbed-down! You have a lot of 1 button hacking and connecting a few pipes here and there to look forward to in this game. Things went really downhill about 15 hours into the game when all of a sudden I could no longer load my game. Check the Ubisoft forum, the thread has 298 pages of posts from all platforms! I haven't been able to play this $70 game (deluxe whatever edition) for over two weeks!!! TWO WEEKS! The only "fix" is to start over! Honestly by now I would have started over but I don't have any guarantee that the same thing wont happen again!

I plan on finishing the game (whenever they get around to fixing it) to hopefully get my monies worth out of it and I will never be buying another Ubisoft game on launch again...
  8. Jun 19, 2014
    Ubisoft is the new EA. Screwing players because they don't care. They found lines on the files saying: This is PC only, who cares.... Plus they artificially made the PC port with worst graphics and slower just to improve PS4 and Xbox One.
    Luckily a modder called The Worse found a way around this. PC offer much better graphics and better performance without any lag, removing Ubisoft **** programming.
    This is unacceptable. If you don't like PC don't screw the players, simple don't launch a PC version and go burn in hell!
  9. Jun 18, 2014
    I completely regret buying this game.

For a 2014, single player TPS: - Awful camera movement - Awful driving physics and animations. - Awful shaders during daytime - No sense of acomplishment, reward or progress - Dull story and characters - Replayability 0 - Uninstalled after a few hours. Graphics and animations... they're a must for new games. Nothing impressive there.
    I completely regret buying this game.

For a 2014, single player TPS:

- Awful camera movement
    - Awful driving physics and animations.
    - Awful shaders during daytime
    - No sense of acomplishment, reward or progress
    - Dull story and characters
    - Replayability 0
    - Uninstalled after a few hours.

I know it's rough, but I'm really disappointed, I was expecting much more. I'd rather start over GTA 4 than try to finish this game.
  10. Jun 1, 2014
    All i want - it's co-op. There is nothing close to this.
    All i got:
    - Multi-monitor (NVidia surround) problems (no multi-mon support & wrong FOV in 2014!!!) - Low FPS (just because game can't handle 4085x1024 on GTX 770 4GB) - Game doesn't support game wheel (game have 1st person view in cars) - i need use x360 emulator to make the wheel work - Many ubisoft connection problems - Too
    All i want - it's co-op. There is nothing close to this.
    All i got:
    - Low FPS (just because game can't handle 4085x1024 on GTX 770 4GB)
    - Many ubisoft connection problems
    - Too easy and short campaign (even on "realism" difficulty)
    - Small world, less then world in GTA SA!

This is not a game that I waited. And its overpriced.
  11. Jun 9, 2014
    DOES NOT WORK.
    Simple as that.
    We pay for a game that doesn't load.
    We get stuck on loading screen at about 90% FOREVER ...
    I'm sure Ubysoft didn't had TIME to TEST they're game.
    Score? ZERO!
  12. Jun 18, 2014
    Spent 60 bucks on this a couple of weeks ago. Still not playable on PS:3 after two updates.

Seriously?

When I say "still not playable" I haven't managed to earn the "Hello World" trophy. The one you get for logging into the game successfully.

Waste of 60 bucks.
  13. Jun 23, 2014
    **** game, not even worth downloading from Pirate Bay. The hype destroyed this game. Ubi seriously need to learn how to create a neat open world game from Rockstar. I mean "Watch Dogs" concept is cool, but damn coding not efficient - stutter, glitches and bugs all over the place. I mean even a toilet guy in Rockstar can make a better coding for open world game. Shame on you, Ubisoft...
  14. Jun 24, 2014
    Bugs and glitches - 10/10
    PR - 100/10
    Total - 0/10
  15. Aug 29, 2014
    The more I play this game the more convinced I am that I have been ripped off! The developer carries on like the graphics and visuals are a 'game' changer but I honestly cannot see the greatness. Especially given the amount of resources it uses. It does remind me of a time when we wrote programs and our code was not very good which resulted in our basic game utilizing massive resources.The more I play this game the more convinced I am that I have been ripped off! The developer carries on like the graphics and visuals are a 'game' changer but I honestly cannot see the greatness. Especially given the amount of resources it uses. It does remind me of a time when we wrote programs and our code was not very good which resulted in our basic game utilizing massive resources. But that cant be the case here can it....Maybe I should go have my eyes tested or something. Expand
  16. Jun 23, 2014
    A really terrible game with absolutely no good quality's whatsoever... I really can't even believe it was released. I can't remember a more boring pointless game even if I tried. The game delivers absolutely nothing.. Terrible vehicles handling, terrible shooting mechanics that make it feel really weird, terrible soundtrack, terrible story, terrible everything. Absolutely nothingA really terrible game with absolutely no good quality's whatsoever... I really can't even believe it was released. I can't remember a more boring pointless game even if I tried. The game delivers absolutely nothing.. Terrible vehicles handling, terrible shooting mechanics that make it feel really weird, terrible soundtrack, terrible story, terrible everything. Absolutely nothing happening in this game AT ALL. No activities to do for a supposed open world type of game... The most boring game I can ever remember playing... Wish I didn't download it so I could just sell it back.. You really can't say enough bad things about this game... A real disgrace. Expand
  17. Jun 16, 2014
    Damn, it runs so **** on my AMD card and 4670k. Bad optimising, boring story and awesome promo company = 1 of 10 points. Good luck with Far cry 4, Ubi!
  18. Jun 21, 2014
    This game really gives up around halfway through. The missions make absolutely no sense at all and the gameplay, although fresh and interesting, really gets stale when they repeat the same mission types over and over again just with increasing difficulty. The graphics are decent but performance suffers on PC.
  19. Jun 19, 2014
    I found the game to be a general letdown. The story was refreshing, although dry and hard to follow. The biggest flaws aside from graphics is the Mission Design and the Game Controls. The 3rd person game-play barely functions, and vehicles feel like bumper cars on ice. I purchased the game and would like to finish it but am finding the game generally unplayable.
  20. Jun 21, 2014
    Released with a ridiculous number of bugs and terrible optimization driving is nigh impossible without a controller. game was delayed for 8 months already the end result is unacceptable.
  21. Jun 24, 2014
    The only good thing in this game is the story, all the other things is really bad. Please be prepared to be frustrated, angry, cursing all the time at this game if you want give up 30h of your life when you can do something much better, for example, looking into to the wall for 30h, which is a much better way to waste your time. I don't recommend this game so don't play it!
  22. Jun 24, 2014
    Physics are VERY bad, definitely not next-gen or 2014. Gameplay and storyline are bad as well. Graphics are not even close to what was shown. The old GTA IV without any mods can easily compete with this game
  23. Jun 25, 2014
    I've given this game a low score because it's the worse optimized AAA title in recent past. To make things worse, the patch released by ubisoft made stuttering worse on SLI rigs. And just overall the game screams of poor optimization, I mean why does it need more than 2gb vram for textures that look like they were taken from the N64? I'm never buying a Ubisoft game on launch again and II've given this game a low score because it's the worse optimized AAA title in recent past. To make things worse, the patch released by ubisoft made stuttering worse on SLI rigs. And just overall the game screams of poor optimization, I mean why does it need more than 2gb vram for textures that look like they were taken from the N64? I'm never buying a Ubisoft game on launch again and I hope others do the same. We shouldn't let this one slide. Expand
  24. Jun 27, 2014
    Complete garbage. Even if you're playing with Ultra settings, you won't like this game. Physics are horrible, driving is painful and gunfights/hacking is no fun at all. Avoid at all cost. If you're planning to buy this game, think again, and wait for GTA V PC / next gen edition.
  25. Jun 27, 2014
    Watch Dogs - a major disappointment in 2014 & the most boring over hyped gimmick to be released in the last decade. Just save your money! I'm serious! The game is extremely boring!
    + terrible optimization, horrible physics, boring story, boring gameplay, repetitive missions, STUPID and BORING hacking, boring & clichéd protagonist, super stupid AI, bugs & glitches everywhere... Holy mother of God! 0/10
  26. Jun 27, 2014
    The game is okay, but the poor optimisation has ruined it for so many people. Running a GTX 780 the game barely keeps a stable frame rate on the lowest settings. There's also frame stutter at all times when driving and the game keeps crashing. In fact, I'm about 10 hours into the game and I can't continue the main storyline because it crashes every time. I'm thoroughly disappointed withThe game is okay, but the poor optimisation has ruined it for so many people. Running a GTX 780 the game barely keeps a stable frame rate on the lowest settings. There's also frame stutter at all times when driving and the game keeps crashing. In fact, I'm about 10 hours into the game and I can't continue the main storyline because it crashes every time. I'm thoroughly disappointed with Watch Dogs as it was looking to be one of the best games of the year. The game isn't even that exciting either. The story gets fairly boring, enemies are extremely weak, whilst the police are ridiculously hard to get away from. The whole idea of hacking everything around you isn't that much fun either. I'll be honest, I'm not even that annoyed that the game crashes so much that I can't play it any more. I'd probably stop playing it anyway, it doesn't excite me at all. I look forward to GTA V coming to PC, it will be much better than this for the genre. Expand
  27. May 30, 2014
    The most boring and over hyped game next to call of duty Ghost. Its not the graphics they show on the E3 or the trailers. Sleeping dogs have better graphics, the cars drive like saints row, this is nothing more than a bad attemp for assasins creed to play GTA , gets very boring after a hour or 2 of gameplay. bargain bin materiel... Save your money !!
  28. Jun 29, 2014
    THE MOST HYPED VIDEO GAME IN THE WORLD... and the most disappointing game for me.
    Physics, driving, graphics, optimization, story, repetitive missions, bugs, glitches... This game is just BORING.
  29. May 29, 2014
    Outstanding Marketing... Looks like all the developers are taking this all-out on marketing and half-assing the gameplay route these days.

- Easily one of the worst car handling I have experienced in about the last 6 years of gaming -"Hacking" got repetitive after less then an hour of gameplay.. So happy I didn't blow my money on this, poor friend.. btw, **** you developers, I'm

-"Hacking" got repetitive after less then an hour of gameplay..

So happy I didn't blow my money on this, poor friend.. btw, **** you developers, I'm happy people are pirating your piece of **** games more and more, lying and stealing money from honest hard working people, you deserve it.
  30. May 30, 2014
    To add facts about Watch Dogs:
    - Dumb storyline
    - Unbearable phisics
    - Poor PC performance
    - Dumb side missions
    - Poor acting performance
    - Unbearable police chase
    I will never pay a dime to Ubisoft in advance and will never prebuy a game from them!! WD is a real garbage!
  31. May 31, 2014
    I can hardly even review the content of the game, as I have yet to even get into it. My system, running an AMD Radeon HD 7950 graphics card, blue screened not once, not twice, but thirteen times on the lowest graphics settings possible. If you value your $59.99, give this game a pass.
  32. Jun 24, 2014
    I am disapointed...since the E3 2013 i was so excited for this game, an open world hacking game with a nice vehicle physics!
    So i pre-ordered this game...on release i played it...and it was terrible!
    So i pre-ordered this game...on release i played it...and it was terrible!
    Don't get me wrong, the singleplayer story isn't bad and it is some kind of fun, i mean you always feel like superman with all the powers you got (slow motion, hacking with one button, youcan buy every weapon/item at the start of the game).
    Okay first i will say something about the positives.
    The multiplayer is some kind of nice, no extra loadscreens, you sometimes doesn't even notice it at first.
    The graphics are very nice at night, at day it is "okay" not really nice but it could be worse.
    And i really like, that you really can move into a train, not just "press a button" and see the train in third person like in e.g. GTA IV.
    The shops are very detailed, you have bunch of minigames, there really nice for a short time.
    Also i like the diffrent informations and easter eggs about the people walking in the city.

But now the worst part of the game...uff where do i start, there is so many.
    The whole world is boring, you can't do something, every building is CLOSED, you can only move into the few shops and THATS IT!? Even in GTA IV you could move in a LOT of Buildings, but in Watch dogs, it's like the whole city is just a background for a movie...and thats how it feel, empty city, just random people.
    Oh and if i talk about people, the "dynamic" missions you can start with people are like 99% the same and totaly Random, only your reputation will increase or decrease if you hurt some civilian.
    And thats the other point, why is there an reputation system? i hate it, it was annyoing in every other game...who decided what is good and what not? I mean cops can kill people and nothing happend.
    Oh Cops, they have a aimbot, they hit you no matter what, but there also very stupid, i think it is because the Console is the lead plattform...
    The weapon handling is not fun, it is way to much, the game really forces you to invest your poinst into the skills, so the weapons are not recoil so extreme.
    The Car physics are worst, it is very arcadig, like some very old need for speed game, you have the feeling driving a box with like no kind of real physics.
    Oh and the car-damagesystem you saw in the E3 presentation? forget it, even Saints'row games have a way better car-damagesystem.
    This game is terrible...i am a big fan of open world games, i love to explore the city, driving arround, i loved to do this in the gta series, because the car physics, the npc physics and the car-damagemodel were amazing, watch dogs has something from the 90s..
  33. Jun 4, 2014
    Caveat: My PC runs Watch_Dogs without crashing, and it runs it at good graphics with a good frame-rate, so this is not a "technical review".

In other words, the low score is because the game brings nothing new to the table. Walk/run/drive around, shoot people, do random/disconnected side-missions, press a button whenever you're in the vicinity of a bridge, door, phone, grate, vent, sign (etc) to "hack" it. Oh, and the vehicle physics is horrible and makes you feel like Bambi on ice.

It feels like someone tried to make a game, but couldn't quite decide if they wanted it to be GTA, Infamous or Assassins Creed. Then they realized they needed to make it unique, so they added "hacking". True, not all hacking is as simple as clicking a single button. For some of it you actually have to play a mini-game where you, by clicking a single button, rotate breaker switches to lead electricity from A to B.

Gimmicky, boring, and after haven given it three serious attempts (which have taken me about 5-6 hours into the game) I find absolutely nothing that makes me want to boot it up again.
  34. Jun 2, 2014
    The game uses UPlay ... which is a huge problem in and of itself. The game has a story line which is both bland and boring .... very, very, very repetitive missions. Driving using a mouse and keyboard sucks. Poor car control, poor speed control, and poor tire traction results in very poor driving dynamics. Graphics and physics worse than GTA 4, Hacking into other peoples personal dataThe game uses UPlay ... which is a huge problem in and of itself. The game has a story line which is both bland and boring .... very, very, very repetitive missions. Driving using a mouse and keyboard sucks. Poor car control, poor speed control, and poor tire traction results in very poor driving dynamics. Graphics and physics worse than GTA 4, Hacking into other peoples personal data was interesting .... for about the first half hour or so .... then got boring as hell. This game is a huge letdown ... I would not buy it again ... save your money for something good. Expand
  35. Jun 1, 2014
    I hate this game. I'd love to rate it lower, but technically speaking, it's quite impressive.

Pros • It's pretty looking • It's quick to load • The story is pretty good... thought admittedly, inconsistent. Cons • Randomly generated elements - This I only noticed when I died. So here's the breakdown. I get on a motorbike, ride over to a building, look around for a camera and

Pros

• It's pretty looking
    • It's quick to load
    • The story is pretty good... thought admittedly, inconsistent.

Cons

• Randomly generated elements - This I only noticed when I died. So here's the breakdown. I get on a motorbike, ride over to a building, look around for a camera and start the hacking process. I eventually scan the entire mission area, picking up all of the enemies on my HUD. The man at the gate has explosives on him, so I hack that, he blows up, I move onto the next one. At some point, I am spotted, I get shot, and I die.

So I reload. Suddenly, I'm in a completely different place. I turn around, and I'm stood next to a van. What happened to my bike?!?! Ok, so I hack into the camera, and... darn... I need to scout the area again, as they've all come off of my HUD. Doing this twice gets boring... let alone if you die a lot. So I have everyone in my HUD, hack into the guy by the gate again without paying much attention, only to find out that he no longer carries grenades, but is now distracted by a text message. So yeah, the game randomly chooses these characters. This means that you can't learn by your mistakes, and each mission isn't unique. You're just fighting a random array each time.

I should point out that this also is the same for some boss fights. The boss will suddenly spawn behind you and kill you, so you reload and take cover somewhere else. Finally, after the boss has finished saying his long LONG monologue for the 5th time, he spawns in again, somewhere random, and all your planning is to waste. Rinse and repeat. DULL!!!

• Controls - I'm using a gamepad on my PC, so this might be different for others. For me, run is Right Trigger. The thing is, shoot is also right trigger... this starts getting confusing. Also, your character cannot jump on command. He can climb over small obstacles, but that's about it. If you press A, your character will take cover by a wall. Now, this may be my fault, but I'm used to using A to run. So when I'm attacked, I instinctively press A, and my character sticks to a wall, gets shot, dies... and see the point above for what happens next.

• Next Gen - This is NOT a next gen game. Nothing new is here. It looks worse than GTA5, in my opinion (which I also didn't care much for, I should add). I'm playing on Ultra settings on my PC, and I'm underwhelmed. When cars smash into things, whether they deform appears to be entirely random. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You can't buy cars, as far as I can tell.

I just feel as though this game is a poor man's GTA.

I've just had to shelve it for a while, because I'm fed up with it. My current mission is to chase down a van... however, when I start the mission, it spawns in a random location. I should point out that this is a main campaign mission. I'm confused, because having a randomizing mission is more difficult to program than a pre-set mission. I can't see why on Earth they would do this intentionally. It means that I can't learn from my mistakes, and I can't plan a strategy. I just have to hope for the best each time.

I've put quite a few hours into this... but I'm not going to waste my time for much longer. I only wish I bought it on a console rather than digitally, as I can't sell it anymore... and oh, how I wish to be rid of it!
  36. Jun 1, 2014
    This game is a huge letdown for what initially looked like the first real "next gen" experience at the E3. In reality this game looks and plays like something out of 2005. I'll give them that the game looks nice in the rain, but apart from this it is a huge letdown.
  37. Jun 7, 2014
    The developers had some good ideas for Watch_Dogs. The only thing stopping them is releasing this game in this condition... It's unfinished. The lighting is all wrong, the shadows are all wrong and the physics feel like physics from DRIV3R, except that was actually a decent game. Ubisoft Montreal needs to prioritize releases and make sure they finish every part of the game and work onThe developers had some good ideas for Watch_Dogs. The only thing stopping them is releasing this game in this condition... It's unfinished. The lighting is all wrong, the shadows are all wrong and the physics feel like physics from DRIV3R, except that was actually a decent game. Ubisoft Montreal needs to prioritize releases and make sure they finish every part of the game and work on polishing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to play the crap out of the campaign in this game, but once that's over it will have nothing to offer me and I will move on.

I borrowed the game from a friend and that's how I'm able to write this review. Otherwise, I will not be paying the $60 they are asking for it. I give it 6 months to be in the wally world $18 bin.
  38. Jun 21, 2014
    Watch_dogs. A beatiful and detailed world with nothing interesting to do. The story is bad, the controls even worse, and missions lack proper design. I don't know what Ubisoft tried to pull with this one, but it wasn't anything that I liked, other than the graphics.
  39. Jun 3, 2014
    Great idea "Everything is connected" (not uplay). I had a bad experience, feels unfinished, like i was playing an alpha version of the game... BORING, crashes, stuttering, bugs EVERYWHERE! sometimes unplayable due to massive lag, screen freezes and stuttering.
    I'm not installing it again until they finish it.
  40. Jun 6, 2014
    Even If I started at 10/10 and deducted .1 point for every single thing that is so horribly wrong with this game, I would still reach 0.

The long version, 20 things I hate about this overrated, overhyped piece of crap: -Horrible port -Stupid handling of cars, barely controllable with keyboard -Never even think about touching a mouse while driving. The camera gets **** up so fast

-Horrible port
    -Stupid handling of cars, barely controllable with keyboard
    -The story gets from dumb to stupid to i don't care so fast
    -The AI is so stupid
    - Pedestrians try to look clever with scripted stand there/talk/talk on the phone... but the reactions to any action you take are so stupid. I tried to play as a Protector but killing them was a bigger pleasure. Such stupid AI doesn't deserve to live
    -Not to mention how bad drivers they are
    -The AI characters/cars spawn and despawn like 10 meters from you. It's the **** that GTA 3 did, that cars behind you despawn instantly, and a few meters ahead also. Same goes for any AI that is not story driven. Shame.
    -The combat is unfair. The tips say that when you move, the AI will lose track of you. Ok, but when they know where you are, they see you and shoot at you through anything you are hiding behind. Succesfully
    -The 1 button to hack is mediocre at best. Not many things at all you can do with it, and it gets boring. You can get rich by spending 5 minutes at a highly populated square and then you just don't care
    -Side missions are repetitive as **** and appear way too often. I don't even bother anymore, stopped doing them after 2 hours of gameplay
    -The mini games ,,, well good to have them, but they are not "that" great. Slot machines, poker, trips, AR game... boring.
    -No matter what I do I cannot find anything to do while I'm not in a mood of going through another painful and stupid part of the main story. I just end up killing everything that moves or ramming a truck full speed into incoming traffic, watching the bad physics handle the crash
    -Yeah, physics aren't that great either. Gravity works, sometimes, but that's probably it...
    -If it ain't a sniper rifle, you won't hit anyone that is further than 5-10m from you. No chance. Well, a bit but not in a combat situation while covering.
    -Yeah the cover system. I expected and still expect "Press C to cover, C to exit cover", but no, you have to walk away from the surface you are covering behind to "uncover". And it takes a few seconds of holding the right directional key for it to really work and unstick you from the wall.
    -Weapon wheel is bad. I get killed so many times while switching weapons, just because after each load of game it puts a sniper rifle as my selected weapon. I really don't know why.
    -Who thought of putting character progression into an open-world action game. And levels. And skillpoints. Why ? Why ???? Just teach me how to do what in the process. Gain "skills" by going through the story, completing objectives, not by spending ****ing skillpoints and leveling up.
    -The mouse. Oh the mouse. That's the first thing that **** me up. It acts just silly, it starts as if you are moving through maple syrup, then it starts responding lightning fast. Really great in combat.
    -The damage to the cars is stupid, except for blown tires which are awesome, i mean look awesome, the physics are broken on that one more than anything else.

The short version:
    Don't you dare buy it. Don't support Ubisoft for developing and releasing a game that had so much potential, yet still managing to **** it up so bad. If you want to play it, just pirate it. Please. Don't give them a single cent for this.
  41. Jun 6, 2014
    Absolutely horrendous, I waited for this game ever sense the adverts at GameStop and on Steam came. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED! I couldn't log into uplay for 3 hours+ when I tried it said some stupid error code and lagged. When I finally got to play the first story mission, it crashed about 10 times in 2 hours, and I have a very good pc. I was so disappointed with the driving physics too theAbsolutely horrendous, I waited for this game ever sense the adverts at GameStop and on Steam came. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED! I couldn't log into uplay for 3 hours+ when I tried it said some stupid error code and lagged. When I finally got to play the first story mission, it crashed about 10 times in 2 hours, and I have a very good pc. I was so disappointed with the driving physics too the drift is way too far and its so hard to control. Also stupid NPC's one guy was smashing into a wall for 20 minuets and I had to restart the mission and continue all over again to be greeted with another crash. Once I wanted to free roam and explore the city, I saw that it was so small, there is nothing to do in the city. To much hype for this game. I see it as Crash Bugs not Watch Dogs. Anyone else agree with me?-WDS Expand
  42. Jun 13, 2014
    Watch Dogs is the only game I ever regretted buying.
    This overhyped title promised us an unforgettable experience; instead we got a bugged game with a storyline full of fillers and clichés and boring side missions.
    Although this game has some very few redeeming moments (some story missions, cop chases), but their number is very little compared to the whole picture.
  43. Jun 22, 2014
    Graphics - 7/10 (E3 2012 graphics - 10/10)
    Gameplay - 3/10 (Boring)
    Physics - 0/10 (Terrible & Horrible)
    Story - 3/10 (Boring)
    Music & Sound - 9/10 (Good)
    Control - 2/10 (Awkward)
    Total score - 4.6/10
  44. Jun 6, 2014
    Well I was really impressed with the trailer and I started reading and I found out that I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS GAME BECAUSE

1 - YOU NEED UPLAY
    2 - IT DOES NOT WORK WITH AMD CARDS OR PROCESSORS.

I live in Montreal and I am so ashamed of Ubisoft Montreal.
  45. Jun 19, 2014
    I absolutely refuse to support this game after the way ubisoft sold everyone on the games graphics last year, only to fail to deliver them. On top of which, it was recently discovered that the graphics for PC were limited on purpose - this is completely unacceptable, and I will not support a company that abuses its fan base so readily.
  46. Jun 6, 2014
    The golden idea of being able to hack a city, but the worst execution of developing this idea into something that is not even in the same league as other sandbox games like GTA 5 or even Prototype.

1) Shoot a civilian in the toe? DEAD. Run over his legs with a car? DEAD. Even their reactions to situations are always the same, always generic and disappointing. 2) Anyone can shoot at

2) Anyone can shoot at you from vehicles. Police, criminals, they all shoot at you and can kill you from cars and even helicopters. And can you do the same? NO. You have to sit in your car and take it or drive away. Was it so hard to add this feature as well you lazy and boring developers?

3) No using melee on anyone either. Only specific take downs, only on certain enemies. Why would you not add this simple feature when you have an awesome weapon, a BATON? Again, lazy development cannot be explained by the style of the game when it takes away fundamental freedoms a player should have.

4) All the guns, available all the time, no need to buy ammo ever either. You can basically walk around carrying more than 20 guns plus all types of other equipment. Where is the realism? Why was there no reason to make this game the least bit challenging?

5) Worst story line ever. reminded me of the old House of Dead arcade games. The dialogue was written by someone who has never seen real humans interact before, and the voice actors read it like a cheesy Hollywood movie which bombed the box office 50 years ago. Even the radio interviews of main antagonists are so cringe worthy and fake, can't help but think this was on purpose to let people laugh at the game and say "wow this is really bad"

6) BORING AND REPETITIVE GAME PLAY. And in a world where you can potentially hack the city? Absolutely. All the main plot missions are basically the same, infiltrate by hacking, stealthily kill people the exact same ways over and over again, then listen to **** dialogue that will kill you from the cringe if you listen to it. All those side missions? The same action every time in their respective categories of either shooting up a bunch of people in their cars on their way to somewhere or some other non-original objectives to choose from.

The list is never ending, just type in Watch Dogs Bugs into Youtube and ask yourself why anyone would release such a malfunctioning, poorly developed game, and have the decency to use a console port for PC like everything else was so perfect. DO NOT BUY this game, clearly just created to make money for unimaginative and lazy people. If a developer is reading this, you ruined a perfectly good idea into a pile of **** great job.
  47. Jun 9, 2014
    The game doesn't even work, the lack of respect from Ubisoft is remarkable, a lot of people have the 90% bug and were left with a broken game.

That's why people stop buying things...that's why people pirate things, because of the lack of the respect for the consumer. Sorry but this is what i'm seeing through all of this..This is my opinion, Ubisoft doesn't care about us, they already got their money...they will do the fix whenever they want.
  48. Jun 18, 2014
    This Game îs a LIE. The PC version has been downgraded (Bad graphics, teribble controls etc.)
    so it looks worse and makes the console users think their console worth buying.
    The E3 graphics can be unlocked (search theworsemod on Google) thing with makes it look better , but dosen't improve the overall performance. I would strongly recommend not to buy this game because you will be
    so it looks worse and makes the console users think their console worth buying.
    The E3 graphics can be unlocked (search theworsemod on Google)
    thing with makes it look better , but dosen't improve the overall performance.
    I would strongly recommend not to buy this game because you will be giving money away two big liers,
    Sony and Ubisoft, who made a deal to downgrade the PC version( the PS4 version has extra content and
    the Watchdogs movie will be made by Sony Pictures).
    I think the ALL the critics wich rote the Metascores review WERE bribed!
  49. Jun 21, 2014
    Funny requirements looks like the game! The game is not a forum for the PC as it should!
    Ubisoft overstated requirements game barely runs on a very powerful computers
  50. Jun 6, 2014
    This game has the worst mouse+keyboard controls ever seen in a video game. totally unresponsive, sluggish, inaccurate, inconsistent (constantly changing), with FORCED MOUSE ACCELERATION (positive and negative accel).
    unplayable.
    unplayable.

it also happens to have the worst driving i have ever seen in a game. horrible steering, unresponsive gas, unresponsive brakes, NO PHYSICS, no e-brake/drifting, nothing.

extremely long boring cutscenes and videos cannot be skipped. wanna restart the game to change mouse sensitivity? watch 8 minutes of boring cutscenes again!

playing this game feels like a bad dream. you feel paralysed and unable to control your character. its like playing soccer with your legs tied togther. ITS NOT FUN! ITS A NIGHTMARE!

fug Watch Dogs and fukk Ubisoft.
  51. yY2
    Jun 6, 2014
    One of worst games i ever played:

-Story is dumb
    -Side missions have 0 creativity and are all the same
    -Gameplay is boring

+Only interesting thing was hacking, but it got old very fast too.
    DONT BUY THIS
  52. Jun 4, 2014
    Watch_Dogs would be a pretty cool game if it was made around 2006. The game needs to be run with Ubisoft's terrible Uplay system. The visuals aren't impressive and you get terrible performance with nothing to show for. The story is boring and uninteresting. There is barely anything to do after you finish the campaign. This is a pretty big disappointment after seeing the e3 2012 gameplay.Watch_Dogs would be a pretty cool game if it was made around 2006. The game needs to be run with Ubisoft's terrible Uplay system. The visuals aren't impressive and you get terrible performance with nothing to show for. The story is boring and uninteresting. There is barely anything to do after you finish the campaign. This is a pretty big disappointment after seeing the e3 2012 gameplay. But then again, it's Ubisoft. Expand
  53. Jun 5, 2014
    The game is a major disappointment and although i can't say that there aren't any things that i like, those are nothing comparing to those that i dislike.

I can't shot from either car or motorcycle, the driving is..... it's hard to get use to it, if its even possible. If you're playing in multiplayer and the other player has a controller you are doomed. You can practically fly

You can practically fly through the entire game with a silenced pistol.

and other smaller things like crashes and so on.

I won't get into the story but let's say it really ain't worth the money, i bought watch dogs but no way in wherever that i buy any dlc, actually i just finished the story part of the game 2 days ago and didn't even touched the game since.
  54. Jun 8, 2014
    My score could be higher, if Ubi-soft didn't advertised this game that much.
    Ubi-soft sad that this game would be a REAL next-gen game, greater than any other sand-box game.
    And what the hell is up with the system specs? I don't even understand why they are so demanding.
    Graphics are mediocre. World is empty. Main character is a disaster. Car physics are awful.
  55. Jun 9, 2014
    game broken , wont even load ,bad optimized graphics, no support , and i got a high end pc..........Ubisoft dont give a **** about us , and they already got a dlc to pay for more when we cant even play the game . solution they say start over but still , the loading bug is back again , and they propose a patch in fall when it will come out on the wii . ehat a joke 3 or 4 months withoutgame broken , wont even load ,bad optimized graphics, no support , and i got a high end pc..........Ubisoft dont give a **** about us , and they already got a dlc to pay for more when we cant even play the game . solution they say start over but still , the loading bug is back again , and they propose a patch in fall when it will come out on the wii . ehat a joke 3 or 4 months without playing .....LOL!!!!!!!!!give me back my money you thief with no respect Expand
  56. Jun 9, 2014
    Wow, Ubisoft... Really?! Make us wait so long for a game that doesn't work? WTF!
    The game itself is mildly entertaining despite all the flaws, but seriously, why postpone the release if the finished product is a piece of sh!t? I hope there is a solution to the damn loading screen bug soon! I've made it to 88% and I really don't want to start over again.
    Never buying another Ubisoft title
    Never buying another Ubisoft title ever! That's a promise.
  57. Jun 9, 2014
    Garbage. Horrible framerates on a i7 3370k@4.2Ghz with 32GB ram, sata 3 raid 0 SSDs and dual 680GTX in SLI. No proper mouse keyboard support, with no strafing, really? If I wanted to play with a console controller I'd play on a console. The only saving grace is a got it free with a Kingston SSD I bought for my other PC, if I paid any money for this, I would be even less forgiving, thenGarbage. Horrible framerates on a i7 3370k@4.2Ghz with 32GB ram, sata 3 raid 0 SSDs and dual 680GTX in SLI. No proper mouse keyboard support, with no strafing, really? If I wanted to play with a console controller I'd play on a console. The only saving grace is a got it free with a Kingston SSD I bought for my other PC, if I paid any money for this, I would be even less forgiving, then again I guess I can't rate it lower than a zero. Expand
  58. Jun 22, 2014
    BEWARE! BORING!
    Boring story!
    Very boring hacking!
    Boring and banal protagonist!
    Boring characters!
    Boring and very banal dialogues!
    Boring voice acting!
    Boring and sluggish gameplay!
    Are you kidding me Ubisoft? I am very disappointed!
  59. Jun 28, 2014
    Firstly, I've been quite surprised at the favorable reviews from the "critics", I'm glad Metacritic exists so people can see the real reviews.
    This game is complete crap. I will be upfront and honest because Ubisoft sold this game as the "biggest next-gen title" ever. They basically created a sandbox city and threw in redundent quests here and there. A lot of people have already mentioned sh** physics and and disappointing graphics so I will mention a few things a lot of people haven't said...

There are so many inconsistencies with the story and the main character I don't know where to even begin. Clearly the game designers intended to create a "good guy", yet in many missions he's on a terrorist rampage. The side missions will drive you absolutely NUTS. You gather money and spend time acquiring guns, yet in many missions, you will fail unless you specifically just "knock out" the bad guy. Are you kidding me?
    In one mission, you can hide from the cops by simply ducking in your car, yet in the rest of the game the cops magically know your position when they're looking for you. Even though you appear completely anonymous by the CTOS system.
    The city itself feels like a clockwork machine rather than a real life city. The pedestrians are generic, the UI drivers are probably the worse coded drivers ever who don't react to anything. Oh an explosion? No problem, I'll just calmly driver around it.
    I could actually go on a lot more, but unfortunately I've wasted my time enough on this game. NOT RECOMMENDED.
  60. May 31, 2014
    Before the release of Watchdogs, Ubisoft released videos on Youtube showing friends hacking each other, and other cool hacking features amongst friends in multiplayer. The only problem, this was a lie - a scam if you ask. VERY few of the promised features are actually available.

The multiplayer part is DEAD - yes DEAD! Do not buy this game is you expect a multilayer feature! OK - the

OK - the single player campaign. Had loads of moments where I though to myself, what the F am I doing right now, and why? The all over story is a bad parody of only god know what high school play. Copied contend from famous tv-series. A total lag of originality.

Why a score of 2? The hacking part is new! Well semi new! And its cool!

All over! This game is a VERY bad attempt to make GTA clone.

DO NOT waste your money on this game!
  61. Jun 7, 2014
    Just bugged, the game is nice, but you cant play infact of a bug which lets you stuck in the loading screen since release and ubisoft cant find that issue
  62. Jun 21, 2014
    Broken. Ubisoft releases another very broken game on PC. Surprise.
    Framerate issues abound, crashes while the game loads and stutter. Dear lord, the stutter.
    Once you get past that, you'll find a very, very average sandbox game with the novelty mechanic of 'hacking'. The main character is as bland as they come. He's the usual brooding, violent and morally empty anti-hero with the
    Broken. Ubisoft releases another very broken game on PC. Surprise.

The main character is as bland as they come. He's the usual brooding, violent and morally empty anti-hero with the personality of a turnip that Ubisoft love creating. The hacking is laughable, simply press 'X' and you're a l33t h4ck3r. And don't get me started on the driving, it's like trying to control a watermelon while juggling fine china and having rats nibbling at your genitals while going at 100 km/h.
    That and the stutter makes it impossible.

No. The game is a technical mess, the story and motivation of the main character are childish and considering it was released by Ubisoft, you know it will never get fixed.
    Avoid like the bubonic plague.
  63. Jun 22, 2014
    - Horrible AI
    - Forced online side mission (I hate them beyond any measure)
    - Boring Story
    - Main character is plain and boring.
    - Awful graphics and optimisation
  64. Jun 6, 2014
    Repetitive, extremely dumbed down and over all boring game. "Hold X to hack"? Could they at least have made a mini-game sequence like in the Mass Effect series? The game is full of clichés and uninteresting characters.
  65. Jun 9, 2014
    This game runs PERFECTLY on my pc (660gtx ti, machine 1.5 yrs old), so this review isn't about technical (performance issues)! That doesn't mean the UI is good - far from it. Bad camera angles, responses, controls, atrocious driving. Worst of all, it's BORING. Terrible terrible writing and game design. It really makes me wonder how many game review sites get paid off by AAA companies.
  66. Jun 22, 2014
    I bought the game in hopes of having an amazing time like the trailers portrayed. I DRAGGED myself through the main missions. Everything became dreary and boring. The good vs. Evil in the game doesn't really matter because whenever someone would try to call the police, I'd end up just jamming coms. The vehicles try to mimic the Grand Theft Auto Series but fails miserably. They only haveI bought the game in hopes of having an amazing time like the trailers portrayed. I DRAGGED myself through the main missions. Everything became dreary and boring. The good vs. Evil in the game doesn't really matter because whenever someone would try to call the police, I'd end up just jamming coms. The vehicles try to mimic the Grand Theft Auto Series but fails miserably. They only have about 5 unique cars and 1 type of motorcycle. This game is almost like Infamous and GTA tried to have an abortion but instead just birthed the thing and threw it in the garbage. The only redeeming qualities of this game is the multiplayer. Hacking into each players data and trying to hide is fun and overall, it's almost seamless when transitioning into each other's game. Expand
  67. Jun 15, 2014
    Don't play it, don't buy it. The game is just bad, its repetitive you will have the same gun fights over and over again. It does not matter if you play stealthy or go in guns blazing. Its the same thing. Just get into the red zone and kill anything on sight there are no consequence's, well ok maybe the cops will come but that is it. And you can do this all the time in any mission justDon't play it, don't buy it. The game is just bad, its repetitive you will have the same gun fights over and over again. It does not matter if you play stealthy or go in guns blazing. Its the same thing. Just get into the red zone and kill anything on sight there are no consequence's, well ok maybe the cops will come but that is it. And you can do this all the time in any mission just repeating the pattern all the time. There is not much to do, well yes the city is huge but the misions are all the same. And the graphic is realy nice i must say but i dont think there is much diference in Low settings and on Ultra plus it does realy not matter because the frame drop is the same. It happens all the time and is anoying as hell. The story is boring as hell. The ending sucked. I was realy looking forward to this but it was only hype. Expand
  68. May 29, 2014
    Oh boy this has gotta be one of the biggest screw ups ever. So firstly the guys who bought the game got screwed flat and simple, uplay is required to run the game and it's broken for alot of players making it impossible to install the game to begin with. Secondly the game has day 1 dlc in the form of "deluxe" edition ripping out roughly 2-3 hours of game content. Ironically the pirates gotOh boy this has gotta be one of the biggest screw ups ever. So firstly the guys who bought the game got screwed flat and simple, uplay is required to run the game and it's broken for alot of players making it impossible to install the game to begin with. Secondly the game has day 1 dlc in the form of "deluxe" edition ripping out roughly 2-3 hours of game content. Ironically the pirates got the game out 3 days earlier then release and there's already a uplay crack allowing players to skip the whole uplay process making the game actually run.

Now onto the game putting aside the fact that it runs like trash on amd cards, the game is quite literally a gta clone, the hacking aspects are supposedly the highlights of the game but there's not really anything there. You can scan for profiles blow up/hack things but the game itself feels like a modded version of gta. The story is mediocore typical guy's family member dies, hunts down the culprits.

What annoys me the most is that the game's world has nothing that makes it attractive, there's no interaction with others in the world outside of robbing their banks and a basic mechanic of stopping crimes before they start which quite literally is go to the area find the guy wait till a bar glows red then chase after him.

The hype is honestly not worth it, it's just an average game with a mediocre story and honestly from the hours I've played I'd rather just play gta 4 again.
  69. May 30, 2014
    Facts about Watch Dogs:
    - Woods cars
    - Not interesting player's company.
    - Nothing to do in city
    - Static shadows
    It is game not about hacking. One button click is not hack. It is game not about freedom. You have only few opportunities which stay so boring after 2 hours.
  70. May 30, 2014
    Save your $60. I played four hours of this mess and I'm done with it. Deleted.

Save your $60. I played four hours of this mess and I'm done with it. Deleted.

My PC (Falcon Northwest) ate this game up, played it fine, so this isn't a technical beef. The gameplay is a joke. Walk & drive around, find your target, "hack" something (hacking is just pressing the Q key) and then a bunch of bozos shoot you and you die. Repeat. That's it. No actually gameplay as such. I bought Castlevania off Amazon for $8 just to have something to do this weekend.
  71. May 28, 2014
    Being hyped as the herald of the new generation, Watch Dogs fails utterly and it turns out to be a continuation of the old one. With the exception of the central mechanic: hacking, there is nothing new or fresh about the game, whether it is the:

-cliche-ridden, generic story -cliche ridden generic characters -protagonist with a Christian Bale-esque Batman voice, whose main trait is

-cliche-ridden, generic story
    -cliche ridden generic characters
    -protagonist with a Christian Bale-esque Batman voice, whose main trait is being a generic protagonist "who didn't ask for this"
    -gameplay elements that we've all seen in other open-world tomfoolery sandboxes.

The game's biggest fault however is that it tries to be something it's not. There is a sort of cognitive dissonance going on between gameplay-story-premise. The game really tries to convince you that you're some kind of hero, with even a reputation system tracking how much of a c*nt you are. But it fails entirely because the only way to make money is by stealing it, and being an A-hole, despite the reputation system, has no consequence whatsoever. You can kill thousands of innocent people, cause billions worth of damage, and still be the "hero" at the end of the day. These types of game have always been about running around doing crazy things. And while others, like GTA and Saint's Row, wear it on their sleeves, this game tries to pretend the whole way through that it's a "Good little boy". And that kind of thing just sticks out like a 50 year old man pretending to be a hip and cool guy.

Aside from that, the game is generally solid. The mechanics that are there are good enough, there are plenty of things to do, and hacking, while incredibly easy and using only a single button for everything, is generally fun.

The fun however can be severely interrupted by some serious framerate issues. The optimization for this game is terrible. So are the controls. The whole game was designed with the console in mind, and they couldn't be bothered to make a decent PC port. Don't buy this for PC. I mean it. Stay the hell away from the PC version. If you're desperate then but it for PS4, otherwise wait till Ubisoft or some modder fixes the optimization.
  72. May 29, 2014
    I played this game for about 1.5 hour, then realized I was bored and not having any fun at all. This game is quite simply boring and the graphics are well below par for how hard it rides your system. (i7 gtx660ti and 8gb ram)

This game is a prime example of why you should never preorder games.

Steer clear of this crap!!!!
  73. May 30, 2014
    Decent take on an open world though slightly disappointing due to zero optimization done by Ubisoft. The game doesn't look good at all compared to recent high profile releases and that's even with decent specs. Story is unoriginal and drags on and on and game tends to get quite repetitive. Not an awful game but not what we'd been expecting.
  74. Jun 30, 2014
    As other user critics have said, this game is boring and repetitive,...
    Graphics are sub-par, and the game play is... missing, there's just none.

Bought the game played it for a good 3 days to give it a good chance but had to re-sell it on cragislist.
    Not.Worth.The.Money !!!
  75. May 30, 2014
    When will big publishers learn, when the public drops 60$ for a AAA game it had better work on LAUNCH DAY! This whole "ship it now , patch it later" mentality is only acceptable because of morons who pre-order.
  76. May 30, 2014
    Worst pre-order ive ever spent money on i was truly disappointed, i could not believe that this much hype and 4 or 5 years of development plus 8 months delay would end up in this unpolished, unfinished and sub-par game. But i want to be fair so it gets 4/10 it pissed me off more then i enjoyed it.
  77. Jun 2, 2014
    Watch Dogs looks pretty nice only when in the game is rainy night. Reflections of lights and buildings are really awesome. Everything else is awful. Unplayable type of driving cars and cars are indestructible. AI is extremely stupid. This game is full of bugs. I don't recommend Watch Dogs.
  78. May 31, 2014
    The first thing you need to know, that this game is not optimized for AMD cores because they were not invited into the development process and the game design will probably prevent any driver updates or patching to make it any better - google it. I couldn't play on my own PC and had to use my wifes since she has Nvidia on board. You have been warned!

And now to the game itself. 1.

And now to the game itself.

1. Graphics is nowhere close to what we saw on trailers shown to us at gaming events around the world. Not only is it just medicore, but the game doesn't even try to hide that most of the stuff is just copy paste - watch some gameplay videos and focus on random NPC animations. Clone sense tingling!

2. Main story is just boring and predictable.

3. Side missions are just a laugh - after 5-10 of them you will most probably skip this aspect of the game.

4. Earning money is a laugh.

5. Game physics is a misunderstanding if you realize that we're in 2014, not in 2004. Cars drive like a brick falling of from a bridge, vehicle damage is almost irrelevant, everything seems to be glued to the ground...

6. Multiplayer? Go play whatever you're playing online these days as the lags, loss of connection and downtimes will just piss you off.

Since it' s a Ubisoft game and they are well known for making promises that are never 100% fulfiled, I wasn't expecting all of the stuff that they were showing off. But the end product looks like an early alpha of what we were being shown so far. 3/10 from me, and that's only for the fact that the story has some nice support characters although even they are utilized in a predictable and unsatisfying way.

P.S. This game runs (as always) via Uplay so expect a bumpy road when trying to actually launch the product. Server downs, missing files, 3+ file repairs in a row, you name it. So that doesn't help the overall impression at all.
  79. Jun 1, 2014
    They did not care about PC customers when they released the game. Because if they did, they would not. Unplayable at the moment. No fix helps. Controls are just hell.
    Does not deserve support from me.
  80. May 30, 2014
    I downloaded the game 1 week before it releases, I was amazed, "I have this awesome game! If i like it i will buy it".

Luckly I didn't buy it because this is a real worst game.

The AI is really stupid, lineal gameplay, and very low fps with a high pc spect.

So, don't buy.
  81. May 30, 2014
    How to make an awful game:
    -Add bad DRM (UPlay)
    -Don't optimize it at all (I can't even play this game properly)
    -Bad voice acting
    -Awful AI
    -Trains can stop on a dime
    -Make the key gimmick to the came completely unnecessary (I could do all of the missions more successfully by not hacking)
    -Physics? What are physics?
  82. Jun 2, 2014
    Cannot Skip Cut Scenes = Cannot Play The Game. So I give it zero for violating a core mechanic of the game development bible. If I want to watch a bad movie, with a plot, characters and lame story, ill rent one.
  83. Jun 1, 2014
    For console users this probably is a great 'open-world' game, but, for the PC... No. Even Daggerfall (Elder Scrolls) was much more open and alive than this title and that game was released nearly two decades ago! The system requirements are absurdly high and even if you meet or exceed them you will still experience glitches, lag, stutters and who knows what else. Oh, and the A.I is stupid,For console users this probably is a great 'open-world' game, but, for the PC... No. Even Daggerfall (Elder Scrolls) was much more open and alive than this title and that game was released nearly two decades ago! The system requirements are absurdly high and even if you meet or exceed them you will still experience glitches, lag, stutters and who knows what else. Oh, and the A.I is stupid, really stupid. You would think with a requirement of SIX GIGABYTES of RAM that the A.I would do something with it. Expand
  84. Jun 1, 2014
    Facts about Watch Dogs:
    - Woods cars
    - Not interesting player's company.
    - Nothing to do in city
    - Static shadows
  85. May 28, 2014
    This is probably the biggest let down of the year for me. I had such high hopes for this game as I'm sure most people did. The game has the following main problems:
    -This game is too damn short! It is the same with most Ubisoft games nowadays but this took one day of playing it about 13 hours to complete the main storyline. I like games with long storylines and the GTA series has always got this right with the quickest person to complete it getting it done in around 24 hours which is pretty impressive.
    -The dialogue is bad, I mean it is ridden with clichés and you don't feel attached to characters, in particular Ray and Aiden the title character. You literally spend 4 missions going from a bar fight to Ray moving in with you and joining your team. Clara is also boring and I really just don't feel any emotion or attachment to any characters. Aiden was marketed as a hero and vigilante but the only real way to make money is to hack into innocent peoples bank accounts.
    -It ends up in the later missions just becoming bloodbaths while at first yes you can hack and sneak around and use security cameras, which was pretty cool, it ended up just being a few circuit boards that you can blow up and that's about it, and I found myself using my Assault Rifle more than anything else.
    -The game is unfinished, while yes the core game is there, I noticed a whole host of things were missing from the game or unused; vehicle horns are there but you're the only person who actually uses them, you are the only person capable of driving motorbikes and as no factions can use boats, you can escape from virtually any chase in a boat. Until you get to later missions and snipers shooting the boat a few time causes it to explode, or often when you crash into another boat it just disappears and you are left to swim.
    -The hacking offers little freedom, the hacking opportunities become scripted events where you `ride cameras` to get to a destination and there is no freedom involved here as there is a set path that you have to take and then hack into and then you're done.

The positives were as follows:
    -The first mission, well the first few, were really cool and set a tone for the game that the rest failed to keep up to. For about an hour we had some fun cool missions and it actually seemed that we were going to get emotional development between the characters but we only met Nicky once before she was kidnapped and any chance to give us relate-able characters were all destroyed.
    -The graphics for the most part were solid, but were about the same as Grand Theft Auto's graphics so don't expect any game changers like we were promised.
    -The missions while they lasted while challenging were generally enjoyable and while they did tend to be shoot-outs, that was still a very fun experience, although is astray from what Montreal were originally intending I'm sure.
    -Car crashed are really realistic, by far the best sounding and looking in a game so far, although then they are ruined by the fact that no one ever gets injured or killed in car crashes and when cars go upside down you or an NPC just teleports out of it which breaks immersion in things that otherwise look pretty cool.
  86. May 31, 2014
    Played it and completed the story on a PS4. This game was hyped up a lot. The ads and demonstrations prior to launch didn't reflect the tone of the game very well. I couldn't help but think the story was trying to strike the same chord as The Last of Us did, but it didn't at all. The characters were all pretty hate-able, especially Aiden Pearce, the main character. He's completely insanePlayed it and completed the story on a PS4. This game was hyped up a lot. The ads and demonstrations prior to launch didn't reflect the tone of the game very well. I couldn't help but think the story was trying to strike the same chord as The Last of Us did, but it didn't at all. The characters were all pretty hate-able, especially Aiden Pearce, the main character. He's completely insane and doesn't understand when to stop. There is hardly any context to the characters' lives before the death of Lena.

The gameplay felt like a mixture of GTA and Assassin's Creed (which sounds really damn cool), but the execution was pretty poor. It has all the bells and whistles of GTA, but you're forced to sneak around and take enemies out one by one. Hacking isn't very difficult and it get's really repetitive after the first few times.

The best part of the game are the mini-games. There are at least 6 fully fleshed out mini-games (not including poker) that are pretty fun. I played Spider Tank and NVZN for at least an hour each.

Multiplayer is practically non-existent. It's not even worth it to try and explain it because it should have just been left out completely. They probably could have made a better game if they had.

The game does look really nice though. Although there were some glitches and pop-ins here and there, it showed off the PS4's capability well. The character models looked excellent, and the cars look believable. The reflections on the buildings is bad though; the game looks exceptionally better when it's night time (in-game) or when it's raining. Some of the explosions and things you can do are awesome though. Getting away from the cops by raising a bridge and ramping over it is surprisingly satisfying. The black-outs are really cool, especially at night.

Although it looks nice, it feels limited, and I don't really want to play it now that I've completed the main story. It's forgettable, but I enjoyed causing grandiose explosions and stopping cops with barriers that pop out of the street. Not a next-gen game by any means.
  87. pez
    May 27, 2014
    I'm very disappointed. The side-by-side graphical comparison with what was shown at E3 2012 are ridiculous- it appears that Ubisoft was faking the footage as the real game doesn't look nearly that good. The campaign is boring. The online features are a joke- hacking invasions sound like an awesome idea but in reality they're not fun at all. The driving physics are about on par with GTA 3.I'm very disappointed. The side-by-side graphical comparison with what was shown at E3 2012 are ridiculous- it appears that Ubisoft was faking the footage as the real game doesn't look nearly that good. The campaign is boring. The online features are a joke- hacking invasions sound like an awesome idea but in reality they're not fun at all. The driving physics are about on par with GTA 3. I should never have trusted Ubisoft with a preorder. Expand
  88. May 29, 2014
    Buy the game for what it ''might be''
    Ubisoft have lied to his consumers once again. Created a massive hype for a game that is....ok at best. Gets repetitive after 4 hours. Full of PC bugs and slow downs. Don't believe the 8 and the 9's there is a reason why user score are 4.4/10 overall.
  89. May 29, 2014
    Highest dissapoint of the year :( Very strange PR action in view of frustrated result. I tried find any good at the gameplay, but actually ... very hard to say any nice words about this game. Sori Ubisoft.
  90. Jun 2, 2014
    Go PC gamers to tell people like it is. Basically, the game is crappy. Crappy cut scenes that you cannot skip. The cut scenes are so long that you could to go the kitchen, make a sandwich and come back. The cut scene is still going . The vehicle handling is complete crap. The story is horrible. A guy who electronically steals money from people and companies but likes to fight crime byGo PC gamers to tell people like it is. Basically, the game is crappy. Crappy cut scenes that you cannot skip. The cut scenes are so long that you could to go the kitchen, make a sandwich and come back. The cut scene is still going . The vehicle handling is complete crap. The story is horrible. A guy who electronically steals money from people and companies but likes to fight crime by beating the P** out of or outright killing bad guys. What a bizarre game. Expand
  91. May 31, 2014
    Horrible game, amazing engine.

I flat out refuse to believe they have been working on this game since 2009. The engine for the game? Sure. The entire game can be summarized in one sentence "Press Y to hack." The music is **** and the gameplay is like a dumbed down GTA5 with terrible controls. All vehicles handle like go-karts, and they all handle exactly the same. The
    Horrible game, amazing engine.

The entire game can be summarized in one sentence "Press Y to hack."

All vehicles handle like go-karts, and they all handle exactly the same. The motorcycles are a complete joke.

I appreciated the unix nods in the intro and stuff like that but ultimately the game has absolutely nothing to do with network security or "hacking". It may as well be magic.

The story is garbage, complete and utter trite.

The only redeeming feature of this game is the engines ability. There seems to be amazing A.I in the game, and bullet/particle/physics effects are all very cool. They slapped a very ****ty game onto a very cool engine by the looks of it.

Wait for the sequel.
  92. Jun 5, 2014
    8 Crashes in one hour.

Really disappointed with Ubisoft on this one. I was excited to hear when they were pushing back the release date because it would mean a more polished game at launch right? Ubisoft made this game for Nvidia rigs only. If you have ANY AMD components, you'll likely suffer the same fate as me, crashes gallore (this isn't AMD's fault - more on this later). I have a
    8 Crashes in one hour.

Ubisoft made this game for Nvidia rigs only. If you have ANY AMD components, you'll likely suffer the same fate as me, crashes gallore (this isn't AMD's fault - more on this later). I have a Nvidia GTX 770 but an AMD FX 8350 processor. I thought I would be fine with a Nvidia card.

I thought wrong. After doing some googling it turns out that Ubisoft gave AMD the back of its hand and worked exclusively with Nvidia in the creation of this game. Essentially, Nivida was allowed to place as much input as it wanted into the development of Watchdogs, but AMD wasn't allowed to even say hello. The result?

Terrible performance (and crashes) with AMD rigs until AMD scrambles to put up a driver patch just because Ubisoft played favorites. Don't count on Ubisoft riding in to fix the problem for AMD users- Nvidia paid them off to make sure nothing like that's gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bash on Nvidia, I've been a long time fan of their cards, but Ubisoft needs to work openly with both manufacturers and not play favorites or the whole pc gaming community will end up suffering as a result.

Jason Evanelho from Forbes wrote a great article on this madness entitled "Why Watch Dogs is Bad News for AMD Users-- and Potentially the Entire PC Gaming Ecosystem" - well worth the read
  93. May 28, 2014
    Very boring missions, terrible car handling and bad performance sums this game up.

When I played some of the missions I was like uh **** I don't want to do that let me do something fun. When driving the cars they handled horribly. The handling is comparable to that of saints row 3. When driving at high speeds my game would stutter and the game looks ugly as hell on max settings.

Overall don't buy this game. You could obtain it from elsewhere if you want to give it a try.
  94. May 31, 2014
    Maybe this game is good on consoles and some supercomputers, but in current state it's unplayable on many (powerful) PCs. Game have great potential but doesn't live it's potential.
  95. Jun 3, 2014
    Terrible game. Very bad optimisation for PC. Entire game is scripted as hell, plot is so bad that I cannot believe that someone really made this. Everything is about hunting for mcguffins from the beginning to the end. A lot of bugs and Watch Dogs is sooo booooring.

Do not buy. You will waste your money for this piece of crap. This game should never be released in this state!
  96. Jun 8, 2014
    Over 90 E3 awards and nominations.
    "REMARKABLE" - IGN
    "PURE OPEN WORLD CANDY" - IGN
    "SHEER BRILLIANCE" - Playstation Universe
    "LOOKS FANTASTIC" - Gamespot
    "AWESOME" - Examiner
    "INCREDIBLE" - Digital Trends
    "MY JAW HIT THE FLOOR" - Kotaku
  97. May 29, 2014
    The game itself is beautiful, the graphics is good, so is the story and the gameplay, and believe me... it doesn't lag so much to me.
    BUT UBISOFT'S SERVERS... AND THE BUGS AND CRASHES...
  98. May 31, 2014
    Watch Dogs' Disrupt is a new engine developed specifically for this game. It's based on the Assassin's Creed series' Anvil Engine and Far Cry 2 & 3's Dunia Engine which i could not ask for a better combination. But really though this one is a total disappointment. While undoubtedly beautiful, watch dogs has, surprisingly, a decent amount of glitches. Not to mention the stutter whichWatch Dogs' Disrupt is a new engine developed specifically for this game. It's based on the Assassin's Creed series' Anvil Engine and Far Cry 2 & 3's Dunia Engine which i could not ask for a better combination. But really though this one is a total disappointment. While undoubtedly beautiful, watch dogs has, surprisingly, a decent amount of glitches. Not to mention the stutter which indicates the lack optimization for PC. The worst part for me is the AI, they're really dumb, even though Disrupt's AI is based on Dunia. I even dare to say that Far Cry 3's psychotic and insane pirates are far smarter than any enemies in Watch Dogs. And the mechanics are too repetitive, many different tasks ended up on you chasing off the main target. Also, i won't advise you to get all of the unlockables since some of them involves a long and boring activities like playing a texas hold em poker or drinking challenges. Overall this is a very boring game, except if you want to know the main story. Expand
  99. Jun 5, 2014
    DO NOT BUY ANY UBISOFT GAME AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE WITH THE ABOMINATION THAT IS UPLAY.

I dont care if Ubisoft makes the most amazing game in the word if I cant even play it after paying my hard earned money for it. This is what happened: DAY 1 - Cant Login or after login the PLAY button does not work. DAY 3 - Still cant play without waiting A LOT, decide to get the Crack and play

This is what happened:
    DAY 1 - Cant Login or after login the PLAY button does not work.
    DAY 3 - Still cant play without waiting A LOT, decide to get the Crack and play the game at least.
    DAY 6 - After 3 days of smooth gameplay I decide that Uplay issues may be fixed, so I reinstall a clean copy from the disc; then; UPLAY for some inexplicable reason DELETES ALL MY SAVEGAMES (Checked everywhere); I decide to play from the Start; 10 min into the game, there is a power failure and when I boot the system back up, UPLAY insists that WATCH_DOGS is NOT INSTALLED AT ALL!! When all the files are on my drive and are not corrupt at all!!! Now I should spent another 45 min reinstalling the game after playing for just 10 min??????????

I AM NEVER BUYING A UBISOFT GAME AGAIN; I will pirate them if I feel like playing them; the same thing happened to me in FAR CRY 3 and BLACK FLAG; I ended up playing pirated versions of both of them despite buying the game.

WHY SHOULD I BUY UBISOFT GAMES IF I HAVE TO PLAY THE PIRATED VERSION ANYWAY????
  100. Jun 4, 2014
    Such a nice game concept so poorly executed. The graphics are nice, but not optimized and laggy. The Gameplay is repetive and over simplified. After a few hours of gameplay you are just frustrated with all the lost potential.

1. Sep 3, 2014
    Ubisoft's flagship title has a really, really repulsive protagonist. The entire storyline feels like it was cranked out of a automated story generator. On the positive side, Watch Dogs looks really good on PC, especially after modding the graphics to match the visual splendor of the early E3 demos. [Aug 2014]
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    There are some strong gameplay elements in Watch Dogs, but overall it's merely an adequate open world game. [July 2014, p.46]
  3. Jun 23, 2014
    Nothing could have realistically lived up to the immense level of hype that Ubisoft stirred up for this game, and while I value strong narratives and envelope-pushing technological advancements, I place just as much importance in the ability to enjoy the gameplay that's being offered to me. Watch Dogs is one of the more exciting sandbox games of the last few years, and if this is to become Ubisoft's next big franchise, I'm excited to see where they take it.