Watch Dogs PC

4.6

1. May 30, 2014
    I got this game (winkwink) because I couldn't tell who was right between the professional press praising it and the users bashing the hell out of it.
    Know I have a clearer idea : 4 out of 10. And I'm being as objective as I can.
    Know I have a clearer idea : 4 out of 10. And I'm being as objective as I can.

If you try to directly run this game as soon as you get it, get ready for the crash-fest : after 4 tries it managed to start without crashing after the FIRST loading page, but crashed 5 minutes later.
    Skip an hour in time, after putting your drivers up to date (AMD card) and it runs OK, although the frame-rate drops everybody **** about ARE quite a problem.
    The graphics are OK, but nothing notable : looks like PS3 stuff. Nice weather effects though, but that is not the game's biggest problem : the graphics are the surface of a game, I've played awesome and engaging games with really **** graphics (eg : XCOM), and what makes a good game is the fun you get out of them.
    WD gets boring about 5 hours in. Past that time, everything feels monotonous and repetitive (AC : BF anyone?). The "hacking", at first, is quite fun, but it's nothing more then gimmicky so it gets lame very fast. There are tons of situations where it's not that helpful (particularly during car chases), but worst of all it doesn't bring anything new to the table. You'll use it to scout an area and that's about it. No real way to trick enemies, unless you like waiting for goons to conveniently walk next to an explodable pipe or whatnot.
    The easiest and quickest solution is often shooting the **** out of everything, and that takes me to another criticism : the gun play is sloppy and boring. As always in the TPS genre, the guns feel like peashooters, convey no sense of power and sound terrible. And you'll be shooting at a lot of things.
    A thing you'll also be doing far too often is driving, and god how it sucks in WD. The physics are really unconvincing and botched up, the top cars are completely uncontrollable and the driving gameplay is riddled with bugs. To top this off, there are FAR TOO MANY cop chases. That would be fun if the driving was ok, but in the state of things it really becomes a chore and quite frankly encourages you to stop playing.
    The storyline and characters are very, very MEH. Especially Aiden. You never care for a single second about his character, he's unoriginal, not charismatic and completely uninteresting. He even LOOKS like an ****
    The minigames are fun but have little impact on the rest of the gameplay (you gain some skills after completing some of them) and feel completely disconnected with the rest of the game. You can't help but feel that newbisoft tossed as much as they could to artificially inflate the play time. Most of them you will try once and never come back at them again.
    So there you have it, 2 years of expectations and aggressive marketing bashing for THIS : a quickly boring game that's merely on par with others like Sleeping Dogs, Saint's Row or Just Cause 2, but never quite reaches the coveted GTA-like qualification. And you now why? Because GTA has PERSONALITY, something the aforementioned games failed to acheive.
    If this game had got out 6 months ago as intended, it would have massively BOMBED, and that would have been a good thing since it would have forced Ubisoft in respecting their customers for once instead of throwing half-assed and rehashed games to their faces.
    WD is a pretty generic, average open world that gets very boring very fast. Wait until the prices drop to 15-20e, this is not worth 60. SO MUCH FOR THE HYPE, UBISOFT.
  2. Jun 1, 2014
    They should've called this Watch_Bugs.
    Bad physics, bad AI, downgraded graphics, full of bugs, unoptimized, but if you manage to look past all of that (and if you can do that, you certainly have some unique skill), it's a decent sandbox game.
  3. Jun 2, 2014
    So disappointed.!
    So, there is a ton of advertising online for a "new" game with tons of new cool stuff....
    So disappointed.!
    **** Last time i buy a single player only game, next time pirate bay, -unless the game costs maximum 10euros- i spent 50 euros for garbage, worst money spent since Ghosts, nothing new, no innovation and bad really bad physics and controls. I mean, grab some AC free run and some GTA hijacking cars and there you go you have Watch Dog's game-play. The story: A hacker with martial arts, gun and free running training becomes a vigilante after a family member is killed. Whoa this must be the worst character creation I have ever seen, even worse the story, come on people, I have seen this story thousands of times, in comics, movies and games (Max Payne, Batman and The Punisher three examples with the exact same story). Pfff i could have used my 50 euros to light up a cigarette and still it would be more well used than buying this game....
  4. Jun 28, 2014
    Firstly, I've been quite surprised at the favorable reviews from the "critics", I'm glad Metacritic exists so people can see the real reviews.
    This game is complete crap. I will be upfront and honest because Ubisoft sold this game as the "biggest next-gen title" ever. They basically created a sandbox city and threw in redundent quests here and there. A lot of people have already mentioned sh** physics and and disappointing graphics so I will mention a few things a lot of people haven't said...

There are so many inconsistencies with the story and the main character I don't know where to even begin. Clearly the game designers intended to create a "good guy", yet in many missions he's on a terrorist rampage. The side missions will drive you absolutely NUTS. You gather money and spend time acquiring guns, yet in many missions, you will fail unless you specifically just "knock out" the bad guy. Are you kidding me?
    In one mission, you can hide from the cops by simply ducking in your car, yet in the rest of the game the cops magically know your position when they're looking for you. Even though you appear completely anonymous by the CTOS system.
    The city itself feels like a clockwork machine rather than a real life city. The pedestrians are generic, the UI drivers are probably the worse coded drivers ever who don't react to anything. Oh an explosion? No problem, I'll just calmly driver around it.
    I could actually go on a lot more, but unfortunately I've wasted my time enough on this game. NOT RECOMMENDED.
  5. Jun 19, 2014
    Ubisoft is the new EA. Screwing players because they don't care. They found lines on the files saying: This is PC only, who cares.... Plus they artificially made the PC port with worst graphics and slower just to improve PS4 and Xbox One.
    Luckily a modder called The Worse found a way around this. PC offer much better graphics and better performance without any lag, removing Ubisoft **** programming.
    This is unacceptable. If you don't like PC don't screw the players, simple don't launch a PC version and go burn in hell!
  6. Jun 19, 2014
    Horribly unoptimised for the PC. Chugs along like a fat guy with asthma. Add to that the horrible police rubberbanding (which makes it utterly impossible to ever, EVER lose the cops unless you have a gadget to prevent them spotting you in the first place. Just not fun.
  7. Jun 23, 2014
    Very demanding and yet cheesy visuals. What can I say? I had terrible framerate with GTX 550 Ti even when every single option was off. I shouldn't have bought this crap.
  8. Jun 1, 2014
    All i want - it's co-op. There is nothing close to this.
    All i got:
    - Multi-monitor (NVidia surround) problems (no multi-mon support & wrong FOV in 2014!!!) - Low FPS (just because game can't handle 4085x1024 on GTX 770 4GB) - Game doesn't support game wheel (game have 1st person view in cars) - i need use x360 emulator to make the wheel work - Many ubisoft connection problems - Too
    All i want - it's co-op. There is nothing close to this.
    All i got:
    - Low FPS (just because game can't handle 4085x1024 on GTX 770 4GB)
    - Many ubisoft connection problems
    - Too easy and short campaign (even on "realism" difficulty)
    - Small world, less then world in GTA SA!

This is not a game that I waited. And its overpriced.
  9. Jun 10, 2014
    Simply put this game is ok for the 7 hours I got to play it. How it locks up on the load screen and support never answered me back after going on 6 days now. No patch to fix yet either now a week and a half later. On top of that if you have a AMD card then don't get this game for some reason they teamed up with Nvidia and it runs very well on their cards. However AMD cards are a nightmareSimply put this game is ok for the 7 hours I got to play it. How it locks up on the load screen and support never answered me back after going on 6 days now. No patch to fix yet either now a week and a half later. On top of that if you have a AMD card then don't get this game for some reason they teamed up with Nvidia and it runs very well on their cards. However AMD cards are a nightmare which totally sucks. F YOU NVIDIA Expand
  10. Jun 18, 2014
    Enjoyable game-play but extremely dumbed-down! You have a lot of 1 button hacking and connecting a few pipes here and there to look forward to in this game. Things went really downhill about 15 hours into the game when all of a sudden I could no longer load my game. Check the Ubisoft forum, the thread has 298 pages of posts from all platforms! I haven't been able to play this $70 gameEnjoyable game-play but extremely dumbed-down! You have a lot of 1 button hacking and connecting a few pipes here and there to look forward to in this game. Things went really downhill about 15 hours into the game when all of a sudden I could no longer load my game. Check the Ubisoft forum, the thread has 298 pages of posts from all platforms! I haven't been able to play this $70 game (deluxe whatever edition) for over two weeks!!! TWO WEEKS! The only "fix" is to start over! Honestly by now I would have started over but I don't have any guarantee that the same thing wont happen again!

I plan on finishing the game (whenever they get around to fixing it) to hopefully get my monies worth out of it and I will never be buying another Ubisoft game on launch again...
  11. Jun 18, 2014
    I completely regret buying this game.

For a 2014, single player TPS: - Awful camera movement - Awful driving physics and animations. - Awful shaders during daytime - No sense of acomplishment, reward or progress - Dull story and characters - Replayability 0 - Uninstalled after a few hours. Graphics and animations... they're a must for new games. Nothing impressive there.
    I completely regret buying this game.

For a 2014, single player TPS:

- Awful camera movement
    - Awful driving physics and animations.
    - Awful shaders during daytime
    - No sense of acomplishment, reward or progress
    - Dull story and characters
    - Replayability 0
    - Uninstalled after a few hours.

I know it's rough, but I'm really disappointed, I was expecting much more. I'd rather start over GTA 4 than try to finish this game.
  12. Jun 9, 2014
    DOES NOT WORK.
    Simple as that.
    We pay for a game that doesn't load.
    We get stuck on loading screen at about 90% FOREVER ...
    I'm sure Ubysoft didn't had TIME to TEST they're game.
    Score? ZERO!
  13. Jun 18, 2014
    Spent 60 bucks on this a couple of weeks ago. Still not playable on PS:3 after two updates.

Seriously?

When I say "still not playable" I haven't managed to earn the "Hello World" trophy. The one you get for logging into the game successfully.

Waste of 60 bucks.
  14. Jun 23, 2014
    **** game, not even worth downloading from Pirate Bay. The hype destroyed this game. Ubi seriously need to learn how to create a neat open world game from Rockstar. I mean "Watch Dogs" concept is cool, but damn coding not efficient - stutter, glitches and bugs all over the place. I mean even a toilet guy in Rockstar can make a better coding for open world game. Shame on you, Ubisoft...
  15. Jun 24, 2014
    Bugs and glitches - 10/10
    PR - 100/10
    Total - 0/10
  16. Aug 29, 2014
    The more I play this game the more convinced I am that I have been ripped off! The developer carries on like the graphics and visuals are a 'game' changer but I honestly cannot see the greatness. Especially given the amount of resources it uses. It does remind me of a time when we wrote programs and our code was not very good which resulted in our basic game utilizing massive resources.The more I play this game the more convinced I am that I have been ripped off! The developer carries on like the graphics and visuals are a 'game' changer but I honestly cannot see the greatness. Especially given the amount of resources it uses. It does remind me of a time when we wrote programs and our code was not very good which resulted in our basic game utilizing massive resources. But that cant be the case here can it....Maybe I should go have my eyes tested or something. Expand
  17. Jun 30, 2014
    As other user critics have said, this game is boring and repetitive,...
    Graphics are sub-par, and the game play is... missing, there's just none.

Bought the game played it for a good 3 days to give it a good chance but had to re-sell it on cragislist.
    Not.Worth.The.Money !!!
  18. Jun 23, 2014
    A really terrible game with absolutely no good quality's whatsoever... I really can't even believe it was released. I can't remember a more boring pointless game even if I tried. The game delivers absolutely nothing.. Terrible vehicles handling, terrible shooting mechanics that make it feel really weird, terrible soundtrack, terrible story, terrible everything. Absolutely nothingA really terrible game with absolutely no good quality's whatsoever... I really can't even believe it was released. I can't remember a more boring pointless game even if I tried. The game delivers absolutely nothing.. Terrible vehicles handling, terrible shooting mechanics that make it feel really weird, terrible soundtrack, terrible story, terrible everything. Absolutely nothing happening in this game AT ALL. No activities to do for a supposed open world type of game... The most boring game I can ever remember playing... Wish I didn't download it so I could just sell it back.. You really can't say enough bad things about this game... A real disgrace. Expand
  19. Jun 16, 2014
    Damn, it runs so **** on my AMD card and 4670k. Bad optimising, boring story and awesome promo company = 1 of 10 points. Good luck with Far cry 4, Ubi!
  20. Jun 19, 2014
    I found the game to be a general letdown. The story was refreshing, although dry and hard to follow. The biggest flaws aside from graphics is the Mission Design and the Game Controls. The 3rd person game-play barely functions, and vehicles feel like bumper cars on ice. I purchased the game and would like to finish it but am finding the game generally unplayable.
  21. Jun 21, 2014
    Released with a ridiculous number of bugs and terrible optimization driving is nigh impossible without a controller. game was delayed for 8 months already the end result is unacceptable.
  22. Jun 21, 2014
    This game really gives up around halfway through. The missions make absolutely no sense at all and the gameplay, although fresh and interesting, really gets stale when they repeat the same mission types over and over again just with increasing difficulty. The graphics are decent but performance suffers on PC.
  23. Jun 24, 2014
    Physics are VERY bad, definitely not next-gen or 2014. Gameplay and storyline are bad as well. Graphics are not even close to what was shown. The old GTA IV without any mods can easily compete with this game
  24. Jun 24, 2014
    The only good thing in this game is the story, all the other things is really bad. Please be prepared to be frustrated, angry, cursing all the time at this game if you want give up 30h of your life when you can do something much better, for example, looking into to the wall for 30h, which is a much better way to waste your time. I don't recommend this game so don't play it!
  25. Jun 25, 2014
    I've given this game a low score because it's the worse optimized AAA title in recent past. To make things worse, the patch released by ubisoft made stuttering worse on SLI rigs. And just overall the game screams of poor optimization, I mean why does it need more than 2gb vram for textures that look like they were taken from the N64? I'm never buying a Ubisoft game on launch again and II've given this game a low score because it's the worse optimized AAA title in recent past. To make things worse, the patch released by ubisoft made stuttering worse on SLI rigs. And just overall the game screams of poor optimization, I mean why does it need more than 2gb vram for textures that look like they were taken from the N64? I'm never buying a Ubisoft game on launch again and I hope others do the same. We shouldn't let this one slide. Expand
  26. Jun 27, 2014
    Watch Dogs - a major disappointment in 2014 & the most boring over hyped gimmick to be released in the last decade. Just save your money! I'm serious! The game is extremely boring!
    + terrible optimization, horrible physics, boring story, boring gameplay, repetitive missions, STUPID and BORING hacking, boring & clichéd protagonist, super stupid AI, bugs & glitches everywhere... Holy mother of God! 0/10
  27. Jun 27, 2014
    Complete garbage. Even if you're playing with Ultra settings, you won't like this game. Physics are horrible, driving is painful and gunfights/hacking is no fun at all. Avoid at all cost. If you're planning to buy this game, think again, and wait for GTA V PC / next gen edition.
  28. Jun 29, 2014
    THE MOST HYPED VIDEO GAME IN THE WORLD... and the most disappointing game for me.
    Physics, driving, graphics, optimization, story, repetitive missions, bugs, glitches... This game is just BORING.
  29. May 30, 2014
    The most boring and over hyped game next to call of duty Ghost. Its not the graphics they show on the E3 or the trailers. Sleeping dogs have better graphics, the cars drive like saints row, this is nothing more than a bad attemp for assasins creed to play GTA , gets very boring after a hour or 2 of gameplay. bargain bin materiel... Save your money !!
  30. May 29, 2014
    Outstanding Marketing... Looks like all the developers are taking this all-out on marketing and half-assing the gameplay route these days.

- Easily one of the worst car handling I have experienced in about the last 6 years of gaming -"Hacking" got repetitive after less then an hour of gameplay.. So happy I didn't blow my money on this, poor friend.. btw, **** you developers, I'm

-"Hacking" got repetitive after less then an hour of gameplay..

So happy I didn't blow my money on this, poor friend.. btw, **** you developers, I'm happy people are pirating your piece of **** games more and more, lying and stealing money from honest hard working people, you deserve it.
  31. May 30, 2014
    To add facts about Watch Dogs:
    - Dumb storyline
    - Unbearable phisics
    - Poor PC performance
    - Dumb side missions
    - Poor acting performance
    - Unbearable police chase
    I will never pay a dime to Ubisoft in advance and will never prebuy a game from them!! WD is a real garbage!
  32. May 31, 2014
    I can hardly even review the content of the game, as I have yet to even get into it. My system, running an AMD Radeon HD 7950 graphics card, blue screened not once, not twice, but thirteen times on the lowest graphics settings possible. If you value your $59.99, give this game a pass.
  33. Jun 1, 2014
    I hate this game. I'd love to rate it lower, but technically speaking, it's quite impressive.

Pros • It's pretty looking • It's quick to load • The story is pretty good... thought admittedly, inconsistent. Cons • Randomly generated elements - This I only noticed when I died. So here's the breakdown. I get on a motorbike, ride over to a building, look around for a camera and

Pros

• It's pretty looking
    • It's quick to load
    • The story is pretty good... thought admittedly, inconsistent.

Cons

• Randomly generated elements - This I only noticed when I died. So here's the breakdown. I get on a motorbike, ride over to a building, look around for a camera and start the hacking process. I eventually scan the entire mission area, picking up all of the enemies on my HUD. The man at the gate has explosives on him, so I hack that, he blows up, I move onto the next one. At some point, I am spotted, I get shot, and I die.

So I reload. Suddenly, I'm in a completely different place. I turn around, and I'm stood next to a van. What happened to my bike?!?! Ok, so I hack into the camera, and... darn... I need to scout the area again, as they've all come off of my HUD. Doing this twice gets boring... let alone if you die a lot. So I have everyone in my HUD, hack into the guy by the gate again without paying much attention, only to find out that he no longer carries grenades, but is now distracted by a text message. So yeah, the game randomly chooses these characters. This means that you can't learn by your mistakes, and each mission isn't unique. You're just fighting a random array each time.

I should point out that this also is the same for some boss fights. The boss will suddenly spawn behind you and kill you, so you reload and take cover somewhere else. Finally, after the boss has finished saying his long LONG monologue for the 5th time, he spawns in again, somewhere random, and all your planning is to waste. Rinse and repeat. DULL!!!

• Controls - I'm using a gamepad on my PC, so this might be different for others. For me, run is Right Trigger. The thing is, shoot is also right trigger... this starts getting confusing. Also, your character cannot jump on command. He can climb over small obstacles, but that's about it. If you press A, your character will take cover by a wall. Now, this may be my fault, but I'm used to using A to run. So when I'm attacked, I instinctively press A, and my character sticks to a wall, gets shot, dies... and see the point above for what happens next.

• Next Gen - This is NOT a next gen game. Nothing new is here. It looks worse than GTA5, in my opinion (which I also didn't care much for, I should add). I'm playing on Ultra settings on my PC, and I'm underwhelmed. When cars smash into things, whether they deform appears to be entirely random. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You can't buy cars, as far as I can tell.

I just feel as though this game is a poor man's GTA.

I've just had to shelve it for a while, because I'm fed up with it. My current mission is to chase down a van... however, when I start the mission, it spawns in a random location. I should point out that this is a main campaign mission. I'm confused, because having a randomizing mission is more difficult to program than a pre-set mission. I can't see why on Earth they would do this intentionally. It means that I can't learn from my mistakes, and I can't plan a strategy. I just have to hope for the best each time.

I've put quite a few hours into this... but I'm not going to waste my time for much longer. I only wish I bought it on a console rather than digitally, as I can't sell it anymore... and oh, how I wish to be rid of it!
  34. Jun 1, 2014
    This game is a huge letdown for what initially looked like the first real "next gen" experience at the E3. In reality this game looks and plays like something out of 2005. I'll give them that the game looks nice in the rain, but apart from this it is a huge letdown.
  35. Jun 4, 2014
    Caveat: My PC runs Watch_Dogs without crashing, and it runs it at good graphics with a good frame-rate, so this is not a "technical review".

In other words, the low score is because the game brings nothing new to the table. Walk/run/drive around, shoot people, do random/disconnected side-missions, press a button whenever you're in the vicinity of a bridge, door, phone, grate, vent, sign (etc) to "hack" it. Oh, and the vehicle physics is horrible and makes you feel like Bambi on ice.

It feels like someone tried to make a game, but couldn't quite decide if they wanted it to be GTA, Infamous or Assassins Creed. Then they realized they needed to make it unique, so they added "hacking". True, not all hacking is as simple as clicking a single button. For some of it you actually have to play a mini-game where you, by clicking a single button, rotate breaker switches to lead electricity from A to B.

Gimmicky, boring, and after haven given it three serious attempts (which have taken me about 5-6 hours into the game) I find absolutely nothing that makes me want to boot it up again.
  36. Jun 2, 2014
    The game uses UPlay ... which is a huge problem in and of itself. The game has a story line which is both bland and boring .... very, very, very repetitive missions. Driving using a mouse and keyboard sucks. Poor car control, poor speed control, and poor tire traction results in very poor driving dynamics. Graphics and physics worse than GTA 4, Hacking into other peoples personal dataThe game uses UPlay ... which is a huge problem in and of itself. The game has a story line which is both bland and boring .... very, very, very repetitive missions. Driving using a mouse and keyboard sucks. Poor car control, poor speed control, and poor tire traction results in very poor driving dynamics. Graphics and physics worse than GTA 4, Hacking into other peoples personal data was interesting .... for about the first half hour or so .... then got boring as hell. This game is a huge letdown ... I would not buy it again ... save your money for something good. Expand
  37. Jun 7, 2014
    The developers had some good ideas for Watch_Dogs. The only thing stopping them is releasing this game in this condition... It's unfinished. The lighting is all wrong, the shadows are all wrong and the physics feel like physics from DRIV3R, except that was actually a decent game. Ubisoft Montreal needs to prioritize releases and make sure they finish every part of the game and work onThe developers had some good ideas for Watch_Dogs. The only thing stopping them is releasing this game in this condition... It's unfinished. The lighting is all wrong, the shadows are all wrong and the physics feel like physics from DRIV3R, except that was actually a decent game. Ubisoft Montreal needs to prioritize releases and make sure they finish every part of the game and work on polishing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to play the crap out of the campaign in this game, but once that's over it will have nothing to offer me and I will move on.

I borrowed the game from a friend and that's how I'm able to write this review. Otherwise, I will not be paying the $60 they are asking for it. I give it 6 months to be in the wally world $18 bin.
  38. Jun 21, 2014
    Watch_dogs. A beatiful and detailed world with nothing interesting to do. The story is bad, the controls even worse, and missions lack proper design. I don't know what Ubisoft tried to pull with this one, but it wasn't anything that I liked, other than the graphics.
  39. Jun 3, 2014
    Great idea "Everything is connected" (not uplay). I had a bad experience, feels unfinished, like i was playing an alpha version of the game... BORING, crashes, stuttering, bugs EVERYWHERE! sometimes unplayable due to massive lag, screen freezes and stuttering.
    I'm not installing it again until they finish it.
  40. Jun 13, 2014
    Watch Dogs is the only game I ever regretted buying.
    This overhyped title promised us an unforgettable experience; instead we got a bugged game with a storyline full of fillers and clichés and boring side missions.
    Although this game has some very few redeeming moments (some story missions, cop chases), but their number is very little compared to the whole picture.
  41. Jun 22, 2014
    Graphics - 7/10 (E3 2012 graphics - 10/10)
    Gameplay - 3/10 (Boring)
    Physics - 0/10 (Terrible & Horrible)
    Story - 3/10 (Boring)
    Music & Sound - 9/10 (Good)
    Control - 2/10 (Awkward)
    Total score - 4.6/10
  42. Jun 6, 2014
    Well I was really impressed with the trailer and I started reading and I found out that I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS GAME BECAUSE

1 - YOU NEED UPLAY
    2 - IT DOES NOT WORK WITH AMD CARDS OR PROCESSORS.

I live in Montreal and I am so ashamed of Ubisoft Montreal.
  43. Jun 6, 2014
    The golden idea of being able to hack a city, but the worst execution of developing this idea into something that is not even in the same league as other sandbox games like GTA 5 or even Prototype.

1) Shoot a civilian in the toe? DEAD. Run over his legs with a car? DEAD. Even their reactions to situations are always the same, always generic and disappointing. 2) Anyone can shoot at

2) Anyone can shoot at you from vehicles. Police, criminals, they all shoot at you and can kill you from cars and even helicopters. And can you do the same? NO. You have to sit in your car and take it or drive away. Was it so hard to add this feature as well you lazy and boring developers?

3) No using melee on anyone either. Only specific take downs, only on certain enemies. Why would you not add this simple feature when you have an awesome weapon, a BATON? Again, lazy development cannot be explained by the style of the game when it takes away fundamental freedoms a player should have.

4) All the guns, available all the time, no need to buy ammo ever either. You can basically walk around carrying more than 20 guns plus all types of other equipment. Where is the realism? Why was there no reason to make this game the least bit challenging?

5) Worst story line ever. reminded me of the old House of Dead arcade games. The dialogue was written by someone who has never seen real humans interact before, and the voice actors read it like a cheesy Hollywood movie which bombed the box office 50 years ago. Even the radio interviews of main antagonists are so cringe worthy and fake, can't help but think this was on purpose to let people laugh at the game and say "wow this is really bad"

6) BORING AND REPETITIVE GAME PLAY. And in a world where you can potentially hack the city? Absolutely. All the main plot missions are basically the same, infiltrate by hacking, stealthily kill people the exact same ways over and over again, then listen to **** dialogue that will kill you from the cringe if you listen to it. All those side missions? The same action every time in their respective categories of either shooting up a bunch of people in their cars on their way to somewhere or some other non-original objectives to choose from.

The list is never ending, just type in Watch Dogs Bugs into Youtube and ask yourself why anyone would release such a malfunctioning, poorly developed game, and have the decency to use a console port for PC like everything else was so perfect. DO NOT BUY this game, clearly just created to make money for unimaginative and lazy people. If a developer is reading this, you ruined a perfectly good idea into a pile of **** great job.
  44. Jun 6, 2014
    Even If I started at 10/10 and deducted .1 point for every single thing that is so horribly wrong with this game, I would still reach 0.

The long version, 20 things I hate about this overrated, overhyped piece of crap: -Horrible port -Stupid handling of cars, barely controllable with keyboard -Never even think about touching a mouse while driving. The camera gets **** up so fast

-Horrible port
    -Stupid handling of cars, barely controllable with keyboard
    -The story gets from dumb to stupid to i don't care so fast
    -The AI is so stupid
    - Pedestrians try to look clever with scripted stand there/talk/talk on the phone... but the reactions to any action you take are so stupid. I tried to play as a Protector but killing them was a bigger pleasure. Such stupid AI doesn't deserve to live
    -Not to mention how bad drivers they are
    -The AI characters/cars spawn and despawn like 10 meters from you. It's the **** that GTA 3 did, that cars behind you despawn instantly, and a few meters ahead also. Same goes for any AI that is not story driven. Shame.
    -The combat is unfair. The tips say that when you move, the AI will lose track of you. Ok, but when they know where you are, they see you and shoot at you through anything you are hiding behind. Succesfully
    -The 1 button to hack is mediocre at best. Not many things at all you can do with it, and it gets boring. You can get rich by spending 5 minutes at a highly populated square and then you just don't care
    -Side missions are repetitive as **** and appear way too often. I don't even bother anymore, stopped doing them after 2 hours of gameplay
    -The mini games ,,, well good to have them, but they are not "that" great. Slot machines, poker, trips, AR game... boring.
    -No matter what I do I cannot find anything to do while I'm not in a mood of going through another painful and stupid part of the main story. I just end up killing everything that moves or ramming a truck full speed into incoming traffic, watching the bad physics handle the crash
    -Yeah, physics aren't that great either. Gravity works, sometimes, but that's probably it...
    -If it ain't a sniper rifle, you won't hit anyone that is further than 5-10m from you. No chance. Well, a bit but not in a combat situation while covering.
    -Yeah the cover system. I expected and still expect "Press C to cover, C to exit cover", but no, you have to walk away from the surface you are covering behind to "uncover". And it takes a few seconds of holding the right directional key for it to really work and unstick you from the wall.
    -Weapon wheel is bad. I get killed so many times while switching weapons, just because after each load of game it puts a sniper rifle as my selected weapon. I really don't know why.
    -Who thought of putting character progression into an open-world action game. And levels. And skillpoints. Why ? Why ???? Just teach me how to do what in the process. Gain "skills" by going through the story, completing objectives, not by spending ****ing skillpoints and leveling up.
    -The mouse. Oh the mouse. That's the first thing that **** me up. It acts just silly, it starts as if you are moving through maple syrup, then it starts responding lightning fast. Really great in combat.
    -The damage to the cars is stupid, except for blown tires which are awesome, i mean look awesome, the physics are broken on that one more than anything else.

The short version:
    Don't you dare buy it. Don't support Ubisoft for developing and releasing a game that had so much potential, yet still managing to **** it up so bad. If you want to play it, just pirate it. Please. Don't give them a single cent for this.
  45. Jun 6, 2014
    Absolutely horrendous, I waited for this game ever sense the adverts at GameStop and on Steam came. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED! I couldn't log into uplay for 3 hours+ when I tried it said some stupid error code and lagged. When I finally got to play the first story mission, it crashed about 10 times in 2 hours, and I have a very good pc. I was so disappointed with the driving physics too theAbsolutely horrendous, I waited for this game ever sense the adverts at GameStop and on Steam came. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED! I couldn't log into uplay for 3 hours+ when I tried it said some stupid error code and lagged. When I finally got to play the first story mission, it crashed about 10 times in 2 hours, and I have a very good pc. I was so disappointed with the driving physics too the drift is way too far and its so hard to control. Also stupid NPC's one guy was smashing into a wall for 20 minuets and I had to restart the mission and continue all over again to be greeted with another crash. Once I wanted to free roam and explore the city, I saw that it was so small, there is nothing to do in the city. To much hype for this game. I see it as Crash Bugs not Watch Dogs. Anyone else agree with me?-WDS Expand
  46. Jun 6, 2014
    This game has the worst mouse+keyboard controls ever seen in a video game. totally unresponsive, sluggish, inaccurate, inconsistent (constantly changing), with FORCED MOUSE ACCELERATION (positive and negative accel).
    unplayable.
    unplayable.

it also happens to have the worst driving i have ever seen in a game. horrible steering, unresponsive gas, unresponsive brakes, NO PHYSICS, no e-brake/drifting, nothing.

extremely long boring cutscenes and videos cannot be skipped. wanna restart the game to change mouse sensitivity? watch 8 minutes of boring cutscenes again!

playing this game feels like a bad dream. you feel paralysed and unable to control your character. its like playing soccer with your legs tied togther. ITS NOT FUN! ITS A NIGHTMARE!

fug Watch Dogs and fukk Ubisoft.
  47. yY2
    Jun 6, 2014
    One of worst games i ever played:

-Story is dumb
    -Side missions have 0 creativity and are all the same
    -Gameplay is boring

+Only interesting thing was hacking, but it got old very fast too.
    DONT BUY THIS
  48. Jun 19, 2014
    I absolutely refuse to support this game after the way ubisoft sold everyone on the games graphics last year, only to fail to deliver them. On top of which, it was recently discovered that the graphics for PC were limited on purpose - this is completely unacceptable, and I will not support a company that abuses its fan base so readily.
  49. Jun 4, 2014
    Watch_Dogs would be a pretty cool game if it was made around 2006. The game needs to be run with Ubisoft's terrible Uplay system. The visuals aren't impressive and you get terrible performance with nothing to show for. The story is boring and uninteresting. There is barely anything to do after you finish the campaign. This is a pretty big disappointment after seeing the e3 2012 gameplay.Watch_Dogs would be a pretty cool game if it was made around 2006. The game needs to be run with Ubisoft's terrible Uplay system. The visuals aren't impressive and you get terrible performance with nothing to show for. The story is boring and uninteresting. There is barely anything to do after you finish the campaign. This is a pretty big disappointment after seeing the e3 2012 gameplay. But then again, it's Ubisoft. Expand
  50. Jun 5, 2014
    The game is a major disappointment and although i can't say that there aren't any things that i like, those are nothing comparing to those that i dislike.

I can't shot from either car or motorcycle, the driving is..... it's hard to get use to it, if its even possible. If you're playing in multiplayer and the other player has a controller you are doomed. You can practically fly

You can practically fly through the entire game with a silenced pistol.

and other smaller things like crashes and so on.

I won't get into the story but let's say it really ain't worth the money, i bought watch dogs but no way in wherever that i buy any dlc, actually i just finished the story part of the game 2 days ago and didn't even touched the game since.
  51. Jun 6, 2014
    Repetitive, extremely dumbed down and over all boring game. "Hold X to hack"? Could they at least have made a mini-game sequence like in the Mass Effect series? The game is full of clichés and uninteresting characters.
  52. Jun 8, 2014
    My score could be higher, if Ubi-soft didn't advertised this game that much.
    Ubi-soft sad that this game would be a REAL next-gen game, greater than any other sand-box game.
    And what the hell is up with the system specs? I don't even understand why they are so demanding.
    Graphics are mediocre. World is empty. Main character is a disaster. Car physics are awful.
  53. Jun 9, 2014
    The game doesn't even work, the lack of respect from Ubisoft is remarkable, a lot of people have the 90% bug and were left with a broken game.

That's why people stop buying things...that's why people pirate things, because of the lack of the respect for the consumer. Sorry but this is what i'm seeing through all of this..This is my opinion, Ubisoft doesn't care about us, they already got their money...they will do the fix whenever they want.
  54. Jun 18, 2014
    This Game îs a LIE. The PC version has been downgraded (Bad graphics, teribble controls etc.)
    so it looks worse and makes the console users think their console worth buying.
    The E3 graphics can be unlocked (search theworsemod on Google) thing with makes it look better , but dosen't improve the overall performance. I would strongly recommend not to buy this game because you will be
    so it looks worse and makes the console users think their console worth buying.
    The E3 graphics can be unlocked (search theworsemod on Google)
    thing with makes it look better , but dosen't improve the overall performance.
    I would strongly recommend not to buy this game because you will be giving money away two big liers,
    Sony and Ubisoft, who made a deal to downgrade the PC version( the PS4 version has extra content and
    the Watchdogs movie will be made by Sony Pictures).
    I think the ALL the critics wich rote the Metascores review WERE bribed!
  55. Jun 21, 2014
    Funny requirements looks like the game! The game is not a forum for the PC as it should!
    Ubisoft overstated requirements game barely runs on a very powerful computers
  56. Jun 22, 2014
    I bought the game in hopes of having an amazing time like the trailers portrayed. I DRAGGED myself through the main missions. Everything became dreary and boring. The good vs. Evil in the game doesn't really matter because whenever someone would try to call the police, I'd end up just jamming coms. The vehicles try to mimic the Grand Theft Auto Series but fails miserably. They only haveI bought the game in hopes of having an amazing time like the trailers portrayed. I DRAGGED myself through the main missions. Everything became dreary and boring. The good vs. Evil in the game doesn't really matter because whenever someone would try to call the police, I'd end up just jamming coms. The vehicles try to mimic the Grand Theft Auto Series but fails miserably. They only have about 5 unique cars and 1 type of motorcycle. This game is almost like Infamous and GTA tried to have an abortion but instead just birthed the thing and threw it in the garbage. The only redeeming qualities of this game is the multiplayer. Hacking into each players data and trying to hide is fun and overall, it's almost seamless when transitioning into each other's game. Expand
  57. Jun 7, 2014
    Just bugged, the game is nice, but you cant play infact of a bug which lets you stuck in the loading screen since release and ubisoft cant find that issue
  58. Jun 21, 2014
    Broken. Ubisoft releases another very broken game on PC. Surprise.
    Framerate issues abound, crashes while the game loads and stutter. Dear lord, the stutter.
    Once you get past that, you'll find a very, very average sandbox game with the novelty mechanic of 'hacking'. The main character is as bland as they come. He's the usual brooding, violent and morally empty anti-hero with the
    Broken. Ubisoft releases another very broken game on PC. Surprise.

The main character is as bland as they come. He's the usual brooding, violent and morally empty anti-hero with the personality of a turnip that Ubisoft love creating. The hacking is laughable, simply press 'X' and you're a l33t h4ck3r. And don't get me started on the driving, it's like trying to control a watermelon while juggling fine china and having rats nibbling at your genitals while going at 100 km/h.
    That and the stutter makes it impossible.

No. The game is a technical mess, the story and motivation of the main character are childish and considering it was released by Ubisoft, you know it will never get fixed.
    Avoid like the bubonic plague.
  59. Jun 22, 2014
    - Horrible AI
    - Forced online side mission (I hate them beyond any measure)
    - Boring Story
    - Main character is plain and boring.
    - Awful graphics and optimisation
  60. Jun 9, 2014
    game broken , wont even load ,bad optimized graphics, no support , and i got a high end pc..........Ubisoft dont give a **** about us , and they already got a dlc to pay for more when we cant even play the game . solution they say start over but still , the loading bug is back again , and they propose a patch in fall when it will come out on the wii . ehat a joke 3 or 4 months withoutgame broken , wont even load ,bad optimized graphics, no support , and i got a high end pc..........Ubisoft dont give a **** about us , and they already got a dlc to pay for more when we cant even play the game . solution they say start over but still , the loading bug is back again , and they propose a patch in fall when it will come out on the wii . ehat a joke 3 or 4 months without playing .....LOL!!!!!!!!!give me back my money you thief with no respect Expand
  61. Jun 9, 2014
    Wow, Ubisoft... Really?! Make us wait so long for a game that doesn't work? WTF!
    The game itself is mildly entertaining despite all the flaws, but seriously, why postpone the release if the finished product is a piece of sh!t? I hope there is a solution to the damn loading screen bug soon! I've made it to 88% and I really don't want to start over again.
    Never buying another Ubisoft title
    Never buying another Ubisoft title ever! That's a promise.
  62. Jun 9, 2014
    Garbage. Horrible framerates on a i7 3370k@4.2Ghz with 32GB ram, sata 3 raid 0 SSDs and dual 680GTX in SLI. No proper mouse keyboard support, with no strafing, really? If I wanted to play with a console controller I'd play on a console. The only saving grace is a got it free with a Kingston SSD I bought for my other PC, if I paid any money for this, I would be even less forgiving, thenGarbage. Horrible framerates on a i7 3370k@4.2Ghz with 32GB ram, sata 3 raid 0 SSDs and dual 680GTX in SLI. No proper mouse keyboard support, with no strafing, really? If I wanted to play with a console controller I'd play on a console. The only saving grace is a got it free with a Kingston SSD I bought for my other PC, if I paid any money for this, I would be even less forgiving, then again I guess I can't rate it lower than a zero. Expand
  63. Jun 9, 2014
    This game runs PERFECTLY on my pc (660gtx ti, machine 1.5 yrs old), so this review isn't about technical (performance issues)! That doesn't mean the UI is good - far from it. Bad camera angles, responses, controls, atrocious driving. Worst of all, it's BORING. Terrible terrible writing and game design. It really makes me wonder how many game review sites get paid off by AAA companies.
  64. Jun 22, 2014
    BEWARE! BORING!
    Boring story!
    Very boring hacking!
    Boring and banal protagonist!
    Boring characters!
    Boring and very banal dialogues!
    Boring voice acting!
    Boring and sluggish gameplay!
    Are you kidding me Ubisoft? I am very disappointed!
  65. May 31, 2014
    Before the release of Watchdogs, Ubisoft released videos on Youtube showing friends hacking each other, and other cool hacking features amongst friends in multiplayer. The only problem, this was a lie - a scam if you ask. VERY few of the promised features are actually available.

The multiplayer part is DEAD - yes DEAD! Do not buy this game is you expect a multilayer feature! OK - the

OK - the single player campaign. Had loads of moments where I though to myself, what the F am I doing right now, and why? The all over story is a bad parody of only god know what high school play. Copied contend from famous tv-series. A total lag of originality.

Why a score of 2? The hacking part is new! Well semi new! And its cool!

All over! This game is a VERY bad attempt to make GTA clone.

DO NOT waste your money on this game!
  66. Jun 15, 2014
    Don't play it, don't buy it. The game is just bad, its repetitive you will have the same gun fights over and over again. It does not matter if you play stealthy or go in guns blazing. Its the same thing. Just get into the red zone and kill anything on sight there are no consequence's, well ok maybe the cops will come but that is it. And you can do this all the time in any mission justDon't play it, don't buy it. The game is just bad, its repetitive you will have the same gun fights over and over again. It does not matter if you play stealthy or go in guns blazing. Its the same thing. Just get into the red zone and kill anything on sight there are no consequence's, well ok maybe the cops will come but that is it. And you can do this all the time in any mission just repeating the pattern all the time. There is not much to do, well yes the city is huge but the misions are all the same. And the graphic is realy nice i must say but i dont think there is much diference in Low settings and on Ultra plus it does realy not matter because the frame drop is the same. It happens all the time and is anoying as hell. The story is boring as hell. The ending sucked. I was realy looking forward to this but it was only hype. Expand
  67. May 30, 2014
    Facts about Watch Dogs:
    - Woods cars
    - Not interesting player's company.
    - Nothing to do in city
    - Static shadows
    It is game not about hacking. One button click is not hack. It is game not about freedom. You have only few opportunities which stay so boring after 2 hours.
  68. May 30, 2014
    Save your $60. I played four hours of this mess and I'm done with it. Deleted.

Save your $60. I played four hours of this mess and I'm done with it. Deleted.

My PC (Falcon Northwest) ate this game up, played it fine, so this isn't a technical beef. The gameplay is a joke. Walk & drive around, find your target, "hack" something (hacking is just pressing the Q key) and then a bunch of bozos shoot you and you die. Repeat. That's it. No actually gameplay as such. I bought Castlevania off Amazon for $8 just to have something to do this weekend.
  69. May 30, 2014
    Worst pre-order ive ever spent money on i was truly disappointed, i could not believe that this much hype and 4 or 5 years of development plus 8 months delay would end up in this unpolished, unfinished and sub-par game. But i want to be fair so it gets 4/10 it pissed me off more then i enjoyed it.
  70. Jun 2, 2014
    Watch Dogs looks pretty nice only when in the game is rainy night. Reflections of lights and buildings are really awesome. Everything else is awful. Unplayable type of driving cars and cars are indestructible. AI is extremely stupid. This game is full of bugs. I don't recommend Watch Dogs.
  71. Jul 3, 2014
    Oh look! Another GTA V clone! Watch Dogs, with all this hype, you gave this piece of garbage, what a waste of money. Do not buy this game, it is totally not worth your money.
  72. Jun 29, 2014
    The game is very disappointing. Physics is a joke (physics sucks!!!). TERRIBLE OPTIMIZATION. Story is very boring. Boring and repetitive missions. Idiotic hacking (hacking is a joke). Voice of the protagonist sounds incredibly stupid. Extremely stupid AI. Dead Chicago. Clichés. Clichés. Cliches everywhere.
    In my opinion it is the most boring game lately. I am extremely disappointed.
  73. May 30, 2014
    When will big publishers learn, when the public drops 60$ for a AAA game it had better work on LAUNCH DAY! This whole "ship it now , patch it later" mentality is only acceptable because of morons who pre-order.
  74. May 31, 2014
    The first thing you need to know, that this game is not optimized for AMD cores because they were not invited into the development process and the game design will probably prevent any driver updates or patching to make it any better - google it. I couldn't play on my own PC and had to use my wifes since she has Nvidia on board. You have been warned!

And now to the game itself. 1.

And now to the game itself.

1. Graphics is nowhere close to what we saw on trailers shown to us at gaming events around the world. Not only is it just medicore, but the game doesn't even try to hide that most of the stuff is just copy paste - watch some gameplay videos and focus on random NPC animations. Clone sense tingling!

2. Main story is just boring and predictable.

3. Side missions are just a laugh - after 5-10 of them you will most probably skip this aspect of the game.

4. Earning money is a laugh.

5. Game physics is a misunderstanding if you realize that we're in 2014, not in 2004. Cars drive like a brick falling of from a bridge, vehicle damage is almost irrelevant, everything seems to be glued to the ground...

6. Multiplayer? Go play whatever you're playing online these days as the lags, loss of connection and downtimes will just piss you off.

Since it' s a Ubisoft game and they are well known for making promises that are never 100% fulfiled, I wasn't expecting all of the stuff that they were showing off. But the end product looks like an early alpha of what we were being shown so far. 3/10 from me, and that's only for the fact that the story has some nice support characters although even they are utilized in a predictable and unsatisfying way.

P.S. This game runs (as always) via Uplay so expect a bumpy road when trying to actually launch the product. Server downs, missing files, 3+ file repairs in a row, you name it. So that doesn't help the overall impression at all.
  75. Jun 1, 2014
    For console users this probably is a great 'open-world' game, but, for the PC... No. Even Daggerfall (Elder Scrolls) was much more open and alive than this title and that game was released nearly two decades ago! The system requirements are absurdly high and even if you meet or exceed them you will still experience glitches, lag, stutters and who knows what else. Oh, and the A.I is stupid,For console users this probably is a great 'open-world' game, but, for the PC... No. Even Daggerfall (Elder Scrolls) was much more open and alive than this title and that game was released nearly two decades ago! The system requirements are absurdly high and even if you meet or exceed them you will still experience glitches, lag, stutters and who knows what else. Oh, and the A.I is stupid, really stupid. You would think with a requirement of SIX GIGABYTES of RAM that the A.I would do something with it. Expand
  76. Jun 1, 2014
    They did not care about PC customers when they released the game. Because if they did, they would not. Unplayable at the moment. No fix helps. Controls are just hell.
    Does not deserve support from me.
  77. May 30, 2014
    I downloaded the game 1 week before it releases, I was amazed, "I have this awesome game! If i like it i will buy it".

Luckly I didn't buy it because this is a real worst game.

The AI is really stupid, lineal gameplay, and very low fps with a high pc spect.

So, don't buy.
  78. pez
    May 27, 2014
    I'm very disappointed. The side-by-side graphical comparison with what was shown at E3 2012 are ridiculous- it appears that Ubisoft was faking the footage as the real game doesn't look nearly that good. The campaign is boring. The online features are a joke- hacking invasions sound like an awesome idea but in reality they're not fun at all. The driving physics are about on par with GTA 3.I'm very disappointed. The side-by-side graphical comparison with what was shown at E3 2012 are ridiculous- it appears that Ubisoft was faking the footage as the real game doesn't look nearly that good. The campaign is boring. The online features are a joke- hacking invasions sound like an awesome idea but in reality they're not fun at all. The driving physics are about on par with GTA 3. I should never have trusted Ubisoft with a preorder. Expand
  79. May 29, 2014
    Buy the game for what it ''might be''
    Ubisoft have lied to his consumers once again. Created a massive hype for a game that is....ok at best. Gets repetitive after 4 hours. Full of PC bugs and slow downs. Don't believe the 8 and the 9's there is a reason why user score are 4.4/10 overall.
  80. May 29, 2014
    Highest dissapoint of the year :( Very strange PR action in view of frustrated result. I tried find any good at the gameplay, but actually ... very hard to say any nice words about this game. Sori Ubisoft.
  81. May 30, 2014
    How to make an awful game:
    -Add bad DRM (UPlay)
    -Don't optimize it at all (I can't even play this game properly)
    -Bad voice acting
    -Awful AI
    -Trains can stop on a dime
    -Make the key gimmick to the came completely unnecessary (I could do all of the missions more successfully by not hacking)
    -Physics? What are physics?
  82. Jun 29, 2014
    Let's start with the bloody obvious. The state of the PC version is a joke. The lighting is hideously flat and a filthy monochrome in most scenes, as opposed to what we saw at E3 two years ago. It has hideously outdated particle effects and shadows. Yes, the water looks great, but that doesn't count when there is no setting in the entire game that makes it run at at least 60fps on myLet's start with the bloody obvious. The state of the PC version is a joke. The lighting is hideously flat and a filthy monochrome in most scenes, as opposed to what we saw at E3 two years ago. It has hideously outdated particle effects and shadows. Yes, the water looks great, but that doesn't count when there is no setting in the entire game that makes it run at at least 60fps on my high-end PC. In some places I felt like I was playing GTA IV. The pop-in in the open world is so terrible that it interferes with gameplay, especially when driving at high speeds. Weeks after its release there's still no patch out.

Now for the gameplay, the hacking is has turned out to be a gimmick that becomes tired in the first few hours you actually get to play with it. There are some interesting things you can do with it but those become boring after you've seen them a few times and most things you do with it are executed by just holding down a button for a second. Other than that, there are serviceable driving mechanics in place, but there's very little to do with it, as everything in the gameworld just has nothing interesting to offer you, not to mention that the graphics are so bad that it doesn't even have the entertainment value of just looking at the scenery, like you could do if it was just a boring game with great visuals.
    Also it has semi-cover-based shooting mechanics, but there's just no punch to it and it's usually just frustrating to "play", especially when the framerate runs like a turtle.

The story is clichéd and the main "character" is not even just unrelatable, he's boring and hasn't got a single sign of a personality or character trait, but it's not presented in any way in which we could roleplay as our own. The game clearly thinks it's got an interesting character loaded with personality and a heavy emotional story, but it just falls flat on its face, because there is no character or actual strong emotional development to any of it.

This game would have been a huge dissapointment, if I would have been invested in the hype, so at least it didn't hurt me there, but what we have is still a hugely boring and noticeably overhyped "Triple-A" game, with a terrible PC version.
  83. May 31, 2014
    Horrible game, amazing engine.

I flat out refuse to believe they have been working on this game since 2009. The engine for the game? Sure. The entire game can be summarized in one sentence "Press Y to hack." The music is **** and the gameplay is like a dumbed down GTA5 with terrible controls. All vehicles handle like go-karts, and they all handle exactly the same. The
    Horrible game, amazing engine.

The entire game can be summarized in one sentence "Press Y to hack."

All vehicles handle like go-karts, and they all handle exactly the same. The motorcycles are a complete joke.

I appreciated the unix nods in the intro and stuff like that but ultimately the game has absolutely nothing to do with network security or "hacking". It may as well be magic.

The story is garbage, complete and utter trite.

The only redeeming feature of this game is the engines ability. There seems to be amazing A.I in the game, and bullet/particle/physics effects are all very cool. They slapped a very ****ty game onto a very cool engine by the looks of it.

Wait for the sequel.
  84. Jun 2, 2014
    Cannot Skip Cut Scenes = Cannot Play The Game. So I give it zero for violating a core mechanic of the game development bible. If I want to watch a bad movie, with a plot, characters and lame story, ill rent one.
  85. May 28, 2014
    Very boring missions, terrible car handling and bad performance sums this game up.

When I played some of the missions I was like uh **** I don't want to do that let me do something fun. When driving the cars they handled horribly. The handling is comparable to that of saints row 3. When driving at high speeds my game would stutter and the game looks ugly as hell on max settings.

Overall don't buy this game. You could obtain it from elsewhere if you want to give it a try.
  86. May 31, 2014
    Maybe this game is good on consoles and some supercomputers, but in current state it's unplayable on many (powerful) PCs. Game have great potential but doesn't live it's potential.
  87. Jun 1, 2014
    Facts about Watch Dogs:
    - Woods cars
    - Not interesting player's company.
    - Nothing to do in city
    - Static shadows
  88. Jun 1, 2014
    Poor optimization
    Stupid AI
    Boring gameplay
    GTAV with one button hacking and without flying
    And Where the **** is the multiplayer in singleplayer without loading screens?

A huge disappointment i was really looking forward for this "next gen" game.
  89. Jun 4, 2014
    Such a nice game concept so poorly executed. The graphics are nice, but not optimized and laggy. The Gameplay is repetive and over simplified. After a few hours of gameplay you are just frustrated with all the lost potential.
  90. Jun 2, 2014
    Go PC gamers to tell people like it is. Basically, the game is crappy. Crappy cut scenes that you cannot skip. The cut scenes are so long that you could to go the kitchen, make a sandwich and come back. The cut scene is still going . The vehicle handling is complete crap. The story is horrible. A guy who electronically steals money from people and companies but likes to fight crime byGo PC gamers to tell people like it is. Basically, the game is crappy. Crappy cut scenes that you cannot skip. The cut scenes are so long that you could to go the kitchen, make a sandwich and come back. The cut scene is still going . The vehicle handling is complete crap. The story is horrible. A guy who electronically steals money from people and companies but likes to fight crime by beating the P** out of or outright killing bad guys. What a bizarre game. Expand
  91. Jun 2, 2014
    Basically (Hitman Absolution + bad stealth) + (Assassins Creed +Saints Row ) - everything that made it cool and awesome. This is like if Tiger Electronics and LJN would come back from the dead and partner with Ubisoft. The lag makes driving and shootouts impossible ,the stealth is crap, "hacking"? more like using an app called ihack. Ubisoft made this game with hacking to test the playersBasically (Hitman Absolution + bad stealth) + (Assassins Creed +Saints Row ) - everything that made it cool and awesome. This is like if Tiger Electronics and LJN would come back from the dead and partner with Ubisoft. The lag makes driving and shootouts impossible ,the stealth is crap, "hacking"? more like using an app called ihack. Ubisoft made this game with hacking to test the players skills , skills with what ? The skill to keep pressing the damn "Q" button? Even the missions seem overused in other games totally unoriginal . More disappointing than Virtual boy, probably the most hyped game of ubisoft, story totally overused , I mean you know a guy whose a vigilante the gets the most important people in his life messed with, then one dies then he seeks out for revenge. I think that story line is very overused totally unoriginal . They even force you to go to next gen computers to fully enjoy the game, its like they want us to go straight to the hi-tech stuff and upgrade our pcs and if you dont have the next best pc your gonna have a crappy experience.Ubisoft better redeem themselves wit h and not repeat this again in Assassins Creed : Unity {also this is my 4th time to submit this cause everytime i try to submit the net crashes} Expand
  92. Jun 5, 2014
    8 Crashes in one hour.

Really disappointed with Ubisoft on this one. I was excited to hear when they were pushing back the release date because it would mean a more polished game at launch right? Ubisoft made this game for Nvidia rigs only. If you have ANY AMD components, you'll likely suffer the same fate as me, crashes gallore (this isn't AMD's fault - more on this later). I have a
    8 Crashes in one hour.

Ubisoft made this game for Nvidia rigs only. If you have ANY AMD components, you'll likely suffer the same fate as me, crashes gallore (this isn't AMD's fault - more on this later). I have a Nvidia GTX 770 but an AMD FX 8350 processor. I thought I would be fine with a Nvidia card.

I thought wrong. After doing some googling it turns out that Ubisoft gave AMD the back of its hand and worked exclusively with Nvidia in the creation of this game. Essentially, Nivida was allowed to place as much input as it wanted into the development of Watchdogs, but AMD wasn't allowed to even say hello. The result?

Terrible performance (and crashes) with AMD rigs until AMD scrambles to put up a driver patch just because Ubisoft played favorites. Don't count on Ubisoft riding in to fix the problem for AMD users- Nvidia paid them off to make sure nothing like that's gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bash on Nvidia, I've been a long time fan of their cards, but Ubisoft needs to work openly with both manufacturers and not play favorites or the whole pc gaming community will end up suffering as a result.

Jason Evanelho from Forbes wrote a great article on this madness entitled "Why Watch Dogs is Bad News for AMD Users-- and Potentially the Entire PC Gaming Ecosystem" - well worth the read
  93. Jun 5, 2014
    DO NOT BUY ANY UBISOFT GAME AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE WITH THE ABOMINATION THAT IS UPLAY.

I dont care if Ubisoft makes the most amazing game in the word if I cant even play it after paying my hard earned money for it. This is what happened: DAY 1 - Cant Login or after login the PLAY button does not work. DAY 3 - Still cant play without waiting A LOT, decide to get the Crack and play

This is what happened:
    DAY 1 - Cant Login or after login the PLAY button does not work.
    DAY 3 - Still cant play without waiting A LOT, decide to get the Crack and play the game at least.
    DAY 6 - After 3 days of smooth gameplay I decide that Uplay issues may be fixed, so I reinstall a clean copy from the disc; then; UPLAY for some inexplicable reason DELETES ALL MY SAVEGAMES (Checked everywhere); I decide to play from the Start; 10 min into the game, there is a power failure and when I boot the system back up, UPLAY insists that WATCH_DOGS is NOT INSTALLED AT ALL!! When all the files are on my drive and are not corrupt at all!!! Now I should spent another 45 min reinstalling the game after playing for just 10 min??????????

I AM NEVER BUYING A UBISOFT GAME AGAIN; I will pirate them if I feel like playing them; the same thing happened to me in FAR CRY 3 and BLACK FLAG; I ended up playing pirated versions of both of them despite buying the game.

WHY SHOULD I BUY UBISOFT GAMES IF I HAVE TO PLAY THE PIRATED VERSION ANYWAY????
  94. Jul 6, 2014
    Watch Dogs was a complete disappointment to me.
    Watch Dogs was a complete disappointment to me.
    This game is basically just another GTA clone, with some quick-time event "hacking" thrown in. I'm serious, the "hacking" consists of holding a key/button. That's it! No minigame or anything creative like that - there isn't even any real challenge to the hacking, just hold a key and you're done most of the time. Considering that this is one of the main selling points of the game, that is a huge let down.
    The AI seems quite stupid for a modern game, and it gets stale very fast.
    It is clear from both the massive number of bugs/performance issues as well as the simplified gameplay that this is yet another terrible console port.
    Also forces you to use uPlay, which automatically deducts points in my opinion!

All in all, don't waste your money unless it's in a sale.
  95. Jun 3, 2014
    Well, two things.

Well, two things.

Firstly, game is an absolute let-down. DO NOT BUY. All the hype were for nothing at all: Graphics are mediocre, gameplay is flawed (shooting something was quite hard, but DRIVING WAS HELL), scenario offers nothing, open world is not attractive and actually too unnatural (residents jumps and runs around just hearing me start the engine of a car). Hacking dynamics were too simplified, hardcore gamers would like something more complex and thrilling. Sadly, with all these combined: Game is unplayable and beyond help: A bunch of DLCs won't fix that.

Secondly: Ubisoft may have published a mediocre game, no problem. I would give it a score of 5, it is still not nightmare. Some would still like and play it. But Ubisoft preferred to spend money on marketing than to invest in game itself, so I subtract 2 points. A 2 more goes for DUBLICATING POSITIVE USER COMMENTS. Cheating in post-publish reviews is not cool Ubisoft, not cool at all. I guess more than a half of the positive comments are either fixed beforehand or dublicated via web-tools.
  96. Jun 3, 2014
    actually ... it would be a nice game, but:
    < half of the content i payed for wasnt deliverd
    < i could play till 85%, then my savegame got corrupted and everything is resettet.
    < only ONE savegame possible, so if broken -> new game

uplay = **** ... servers suck like hell, online playing impossible, etc etc etc.
    dont buy!
  97. Jun 3, 2014
    Terrible game. Very bad optimisation for PC. Entire game is scripted as hell, plot is so bad that I cannot believe that someone really made this. Everything is about hunting for mcguffins from the beginning to the end. A lot of bugs and Watch Dogs is sooo booooring.

Do not buy. You will waste your money for this piece of crap. This game should never be released in this state!
  98. Jun 3, 2014
    I am sorry but the game sucks, a lot. Bad AI. Boring and dead world, not breathing and alive as they made it out to be. Graphics could be better and over all the game has not lived up to the hype. Driving is horrendous. And worst of all the fact it got a good metascore because of the bribing which went on (just look up a news story or two) with free google nexus' to reviewers whichI am sorry but the game sucks, a lot. Bad AI. Boring and dead world, not breathing and alive as they made it out to be. Graphics could be better and over all the game has not lived up to the hype. Driving is horrendous. And worst of all the fact it got a good metascore because of the bribing which went on (just look up a news story or two) with free google nexus' to reviewers which promoted the game. Do not waste your money. Expand
  99. Jun 3, 2014
    Fast Facts.
    - Terrible graphics.
    - History, level of Hollywood blockbusters.
    - Pathetic gameplay.
    - Good soundtracks.
    - Permanent friezes.
    - Terrible optimization.
    I do not even want to write about this misery, great review.
  100. Jun 5, 2014
    So let me get this straight.. They have been making this game for over 4+ years, having several massive delays to "bring it up to quality standards" while boasting some of the most intrusive and annoying DRM (with outages at release like SimCity) there is just to have pirates crack the game a whopping week before release? I mean, holy f*ck Ubisoft, you screwed up big time with this one.So let me get this straight.. They have been making this game for over 4+ years, having several massive delays to "bring it up to quality standards" while boasting some of the most intrusive and annoying DRM (with outages at release like SimCity) there is just to have pirates crack the game a whopping week before release? I mean, holy f*ck Ubisoft, you screwed up big time with this one.

As this game is a colossal failure beyond my abilties to write in the form of sentences, I'm simply going to list all the problems in this "Sandbox" game:

Watch_Dogs automatically tries to force you into the "Good Karma" route as doing literally any actual "random" event on the world map is just "DURRR, EYM A CRIME SOLVUR, I LISTEN IN ON YUR PHOON N DEN GO 2 SUM PLEYC 2 WITNES SHET LOL". Playing as a bad guy? Well, you'll have no opportunity to say, take advantage of a situation but the worst crime here is the system itself. You need to stay close enough before & when the crime is being commited and If you step in just a little when the game deems it to be 99% close to a crime being commited (as symbolized by the PROBABILITY OF BEING A VICTIM TO A CRIME PERCENTAGE METER above a person's head), both parties (the robber and the one getting robbed, for example) will both fitz into a seizure, ignore eachother and start to casually powerwalk away from the location, and the game saying "HAHA, YOU FAILED TO PREVENT A CRIME, THE CRIMINAL SAW YOU THROUGH THE EYE IN HIS NECK AND NOW HE WILL GO AND COMMIT A CRIME ANOTHER DAY XD". It's just development stupidity beyond my imagination. What did I do subsequently? I shot the criminal in the back of his head and went away smiling. But shame that I got no reward stopping a future crime, nor did I get the opportunity to loot his corpse as the only thing I gained was a "MURDERER!!!!" popup at the top right of my screen.

The police in this game has to be some of the worst I've seen in a while. They are either ignorant, deaf and dumb clutz when you are sneaking around, taking them out loudly with a baton or they're all super-cops, unloading a 100% accuracy barrage of bullets from all directions after rushing to a scene at 160 km/h because they got a report that someone got bumped by a car. I even had the audacity to try and lose them by driving in reversed traffic at full speed in a sports-car. Nope nope nope, said Ubisoft, they have cybernetic implants along with a 600% boost to their handling and breaking capabilities when chasing you, Ubisoft states while jerking off. Don't ask why, our game is perfect and completely justifiles a 60€ pricetag that will drop faster than my libido after orgasm once people start reading reviews for our rubbish. Another police problem would be that patrol cars don't react to traffic laws being broken whatsoever. Drive in opposite lane? No problem. Bump and scratch into people? No problem. Be inches away from driving over a dozen pedestrians? No problem.

Another huge immersive problem would be the people themselves in the city. Apart from a few heavily scripted instances, the personality and overall consistency of the inhabitants are completely off. I've seen dozens of hobos playing virtual reality videogames on their high-end phones while listening in on people that "recently had a panic attack" talk in very deep, collective and calm voices about casually commiting illegal activity. And when that Isn't blatantly obvious, there's also the fact that ALL pedestrians are capable of literally pouncing away from your car If you approach them at even miniscule speeds. This includes eldery people and while seeing an old lady in her 80-90's spasm 4 feet away from my car's hood within the blink of an eye, It's not very realistic while also concreting in the "Good Karma" ideals that the developers have in mind, not letting you do mass murders so easily or realize the absurdly bad car physics to hitting a human body. The cutscenes also look abyssmal with every single NPC set of teeth resembling the detail with that of carved bricks of limestone.

Cars and every aspect of the driving element in this game is copypasted from Sleeping Dogs. While functional, It's FAR from what people expect in this kind of game and more importantly, it's way different from what was advertised as the only "dynamic" thing about cars in this game is that a few plastic covers will fall off after enough damage. The fact that some cars will THROW themselves on the horn 0.0000001 seconds if you slightly bump their rear end is also another example of horrid game design when combined with the constantly occuring scenario where I'd be driving through an intersection, have a truck drive past, I speed up, and the truck suddenly slams on his breaks as he's 85% done crossing the intersection, causing me to crash into his backside because the turd AI in this game told him "SCARY SCARY SITUATION, HE CLOSE, U SLAM BREAKS NOW OK?" It's cheap, It's false advertising and It's Watch Dogs. Stay away.

1. Sep 3, 2014
    Ubisoft's flagship title has a really, really repulsive protagonist. The entire storyline feels like it was cranked out of a automated story generator. On the positive side, Watch Dogs looks really good on PC, especially after modding the graphics to match the visual splendor of the early E3 demos. [Aug 2014]
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    There are some strong gameplay elements in Watch Dogs, but overall it's merely an adequate open world game. [July 2014, p.46]
  3. Jun 23, 2014
    Nothing could have realistically lived up to the immense level of hype that Ubisoft stirred up for this game, and while I value strong narratives and envelope-pushing technological advancements, I place just as much importance in the ability to enjoy the gameplay that's being offered to me. Watch Dogs is one of the more exciting sandbox games of the last few years, and if this is to become Ubisoft's next big franchise, I'm excited to see where they take it.