7.4

1. JaredJones
    Apr 6, 2009
    Okay, so a game. "EPIC!!" was my first thought and rented it. About 20 hours later with levels that are WAY WAY WAY TOO repetitive and fighting combos I was finished. My next thought was "EPIC FAIL!!" because that's what it is. Boring cutscenes very repetitive (if not all levels are the same) and fighting combos that not only look bad with the animation but also does not match sounds.Okay, so a game. "EPIC!!" was my first thought and rented it. About 20 hours later with levels that are WAY WAY WAY TOO repetitive and fighting combos I was finished. My next thought was "EPIC FAIL!!" because that's what it is. Boring cutscenes very repetitive (if not all levels are the same) and fighting combos that not only look bad with the animation but also does not match sounds. Sorry people, read the EPIC Graphic Novel or see the semi-epic fail movie but don't even think about wasting your time or money on this. Expand
  2. Aug 14, 2013
    After playing this game I had that disappointed feeling knowing that the experience could have provided much more than it did. The most fun that I got from this game was rapidly clicking left-mouse and mashing spacebar at the same time, forcing Rorschach to lunge and attempt to swing at the same time while making an odd grunting noise. The only way to really get your head around theAfter playing this game I had that disappointed feeling knowing that the experience could have provided much more than it did. The most fun that I got from this game was rapidly clicking left-mouse and mashing spacebar at the same time, forcing Rorschach to lunge and attempt to swing at the same time while making an odd grunting noise. The only way to really get your head around the controls was by sitting through menus and spending time learning what each symbol meant (when a character is almost dead, you are able to do a finisher move when a symbol corresponding to a button appears, however the symbol isn't a graphical representation of the key on your keyboard, it is a generic "punch" icon). Overall, fighting is slow and not fluid, levels are repetitive, voice acting is lackluster at best, and the game is just not worth your money.
    -Cameron Millar
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    Well, i thought this would be an awesome game... But it is a piece of in a game's shape. I didn't even pass the first scenario and I realized how bad is the fight engine. I think the cinematographic fight style of sleeping dogs is incredibly better. And, in the first minute of game, Rorschach was hit by a prisoner and spawned in the sky... i fell on a fence, and stayed on it. I've doneWell, i thought this would be an awesome game... But it is a piece of in a game's shape. I didn't even pass the first scenario and I realized how bad is the fight engine. I think the cinematographic fight style of sleeping dogs is incredibly better. And, in the first minute of game, Rorschach was hit by a prisoner and spawned in the sky... i fell on a fence, and stayed on it. I've done playing Watchmen!!! Expand

So, is Watchmen worth your hard-earned cash? I'm going to have to give a resounding "yes" to this expertly crafted beat-em-up. Even with its' shortcomings Watchmen always feels fresh, and really stands apart as a downloadable title.
    Objectively, this first Watchmen episode is just an average brawler that looks fantastic at times, and has some good voice acting to boot.
    Though the very idea of a Watchmen brawler may sicken some, this could have been a good game. Unfortunately, the design lacked any imagination whatsoever. Add Watchmen: The End is Nigh to the long list of movie-licensed games that aren't any good.