WildStar PC

• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Jun 3, 2014
7.5

1. Jul 8, 2014
    The few good things they do to update or add a new twist are outweighed by how bog standard and even old fashioned it is. It's not hard to tell it was made by people who worked on vanilla WoW because it felt that old in game design. All in all I was just bored with the game quickly and the few interesting bits lost their freshness quickly. It's not really a bad game but WIldstar simplyThe few good things they do to update or add a new twist are outweighed by how bog standard and even old fashioned it is. It's not hard to tell it was made by people who worked on vanilla WoW because it felt that old in game design. All in all I was just bored with the game quickly and the few interesting bits lost their freshness quickly. It's not really a bad game but WIldstar simply feels like a old school MMO with a new coat of paint, doing the same stuff countless other MMOs have done for years. Maybe if it were F2P then I could overlook this but in this market you have to stand out to justify charging a monthly subscription but Wildstar just doesn't have the chops IMO. Expand
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    I thought the game was very good and the best MMO on the market, but after checking it out, re-subbing to WoW for a month (big mistake despite 5 years of loving it), and checking in on Guild Wars - I realized that MMOs might not be my thing anymore. If I do decide to play an MMO, there are only 2 choices - Wildstar or Guild Wars 2.

The telegraphing combat was fresh, the environment was

The telegraphing combat was fresh, the environment was much more vibrant and deep than Warcraft, and despite the cartoony graphics, it is NOT a game for kids. I could tell that the raiding will be challenging and the gameplay has variety and complexity.
  3. Jun 3, 2014
    The best MMORPG for long long time. I played the Openbeta and the Headstart (Level 37) and say this game roxxs.

Combat system is +++++++++. Best Combat System ever in a MMORPG!
    Housing is ultra Nice
    Dungeons are very funny

10/10! Carbine = Ex Blizzard world of Warcraft developer
    One feels that here the old Blizzard quality is available
  4. Jun 3, 2014
    Fun game, overall. There is a ton of things to do, stuff like housing is already in place, and there's lots of different things to find in the world. Combat system is pretty interesting, and once you're not just doing simple stuff, standing still mashing buttons mindlessly will get you killed. The ability to quickly dodge around and be reactive makes it pretty interesting.

The game has

The game has a very strong "silly" vibe, which I guess was to be expected from a sci-fi game with what are essentially cat girls and crazy rat mad scientists.

Server issues have been a thing. Nothing too horrible on the server that I'm on, but there has been downtime and a lot of hotfixes. It's largely the standard new game from a new studio launch woes.

If you're looking for something to do in the MMO space, it's definitely worth a look.
  5. Jun 7, 2014
    Wildstar is a beautiful, colorful sci fi adventure. I've played a lot of MMORPG's (including years of WoW). This is a great entry into the genre. The game was developed by some of the folks behind the original WoW, and it really shows that they are trying to take this to the next level. There's nice touches, like the ability to sprint and the ability to double-jump. Or how about the factWildstar is a beautiful, colorful sci fi adventure. I've played a lot of MMORPG's (including years of WoW). This is a great entry into the genre. The game was developed by some of the folks behind the original WoW, and it really shows that they are trying to take this to the next level. There's nice touches, like the ability to sprint and the ability to double-jump. Or how about the fact that your characters auto-heal, so you're not running around half-dead out of combat.

Combat is well thought out. Back in my Wow days, I'd have five rows of attacks, with 10 icons in each row -- a confusing messb. Wildstar limits each player to 8 attacks plus an in-combat buff; it's very streamlined. In addition, the damage zones of both players and NPC's are mapped out on the ground when an attack is initiated, giving the player the opportunity to actually react to any incoming attack. Because each class has such a unique attack, combat is a very fun experience.

Wildstar is very focused on the social aspects of play. So, players are able to help one another in NPC fights, with both players getting credit for the kill. Or a player may be able to build buff stations that anyone can run up to and use.

Criticisms -- the interface can be a little confusing at times, but I look at it as a version 1.0 problem, that will be fixed either through updates or add-ons. Also, I'm an older player, so I wish the graphics were a little less cartoony. And the starting areas aren't terribly exciting, but fortunately, you'll be able to zip through them pretty quick.

Summary -- WoW has set the bar REALLY high for the MMORPG genre, and a new game has to be really polished and full featured from the start. A decade after it's initial release, WoW is getting long in the tooth, and Wildstar is definitely a worthy contender.
  6. Jul 20, 2014
    WildStar is a good MMORPG but isn't outright excellent. The agile combat system is a nice improvement over games like NCSOFT's own Guild Wars and World of Warcraft, but the combat system in this game is very deep and a tad complicated compared to other mainstream MMOs out there right now. As a result, PvP is a crap-shoot for player skill and certain servers can get lop-sided (skill wise)WildStar is a good MMORPG but isn't outright excellent. The agile combat system is a nice improvement over games like NCSOFT's own Guild Wars and World of Warcraft, but the combat system in this game is very deep and a tad complicated compared to other mainstream MMOs out there right now. As a result, PvP is a crap-shoot for player skill and certain servers can get lop-sided (skill wise) quickly while the game is still in its infancy. I like the art direction but would have much preferred a more realistic spin that would really tax my graphics card (who doesn't enjoy great graphics?). Things like house building and crafting are extremely deep and take a little time to get the hang of but can be rewarding if you spend enough time with it. Overall I feel WildStar to be a good game that has so much going on that it's overwhelming. Dungeons are interesting in that they feature much more dynamic content than I'm accustomed to. Unlike WoW or SWTOR boss fights are less scripted, meaning you will need to pay a little more attention to a fight since bosses can use abilities or move without any predictable order. Class dynamics are pretty sweet as many let you hybrid play. You can tank or DPS with one class where another can heal or DPS, and you have a lot of freedom with blending your abilities and skill improvements to a way that works well for you and the way you play. This is definitely one of my favorite aspects of the game. This is a game that requires a full month to settle into, and in my second month with it I've found it more digestible. Still, without being proactive and finding community with real life or in-game friends WildStar can quickly be dismissed. It is an MMO after all. Unlike Guild Wars you pay the $60 for the game AND have a recurring subscription of $15/month. You can offset the $15/mo fee IF you play enough to earn cash and use in-game currency to buy something called CREDD, which can be used to purchase more game time. Don't expect to earn it with just a couple hours of play per week though. Expand
  7. Jun 4, 2014
    I have about 50 hours played so far. I am not capped yet. So far however this game is extremely fun. It's the first MMO in years that has been a joy. Its got an amazing amount of content, the gameplay (combat) is refreshing, and its just fun. This genre takes awhile to really review but so far I am extremely pleased.
  8. Jun 17, 2014
    I tend to play MMO’s as a drifter: roll in, pick up some quests, do some, skip others, get distracted en route to the next one. I rarely read quests texts and just go where the arrow points and hit what’s marked for me by the quest tracker. I don’t care about completing anything unless I have to do.

I get ganked. Return the favor. Help out a /zone request, get in a random raid trying for a world boss achievement. Stand around doing nothing, enjoying music and the general sound stage of the location, then veer off for a spot of resource gathering. Queue a battleground on a whim, then leave to take naked pics on a mountain.

I love to play the auction house, especially in a game where everyone’s new, with some selling stuff below vendor price. Get rich. Spent a ton on vanity (it’s all vanity, in any case, ask my buddy Marcus Tullius). I love to help out randoms, or choose to watch them gain a repair bill – random kindness is random.

I love fast, fast combat with a careful selection of skills in my bar, with constant repositioning and aiming and a nice spray of loot for my troubles.

And I’m up for getting my ass handed in any dungeon a couple of times, to bask in the pay-off of eternal, virtual and meaningless (but highly satisfying) glory. Wipes fill me with glee and determination.

I love messy world pvp - Aurins. Must. Die.

Wildstar is my game.
  9. Jun 3, 2014
    While Wildstar won't give you anything new, it will without doubt give you considerable amounts of solid fun. High production values and well-thought-out mechanics prove that this is indeed a quality title.

But you have done it all before.. you have read those static quest boxes, you have gathered x amount of that creature's questionable loot, you have delivered this to there, many MANY times already...

If you look at this game in that way, and it doesn't bother you - you will love Wildstar. It's another one of 'those' mmos you can slip right into and feel at home the first time you boot it up. It does everything you know well and it doesn't really try to do any more. The combat while it offers a few twists, is very much the staple of the currrent new-breed 'action combat' mmos - though it is clearly designed with a future console implementation in mind.

The game is oozing with charm. From the Warner Bros-esque landscapes to the zany cartoonish aesthetics of each character class, Wildstar is endearing in its personality. You will love all the classes from the adorably psychotic little Chua, to the sullenly undead Mordesh.

But if you want something more, if you want immersion and the feeling of true adventure, if you want that sandbox mmo that you can chip away at for months or even years, then sadly I feel you will have to look elsewhere.
  10. Jun 27, 2014
    Wildstar as it stands now is a solid 3, it could be a significantly better game however:
    -2 pts for launching the game with a teleport hack in place and allowing it to be live for 3 weeks into launch. if you are a trade skiller, this is killing you because you can't gather resources due to teleporting bots gathering them in less than 1 sec of the resources spawn. I'll remove all of the negativ points save the last one when they are fixed.

Until then DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

-2 pts for seriously bugged main quest line. I mean seriously bugged once you hit the level 40+ world quests. What makes it even more egregious is the poor instructions for the puzzles in the game and then after spending time doing the puzzles you get a bug and have to redo another 30 minutes.

-1 pt for nausea inducing quests. I suffer from vertigo and while doing the Secrets of Nexus in the center room with the rotating green platforms I got physically sick. You would think the developers would realize this and find a better way to create an artificial stupidity to their quest lines rather than this. At least the devs haven't decided to flash colors randomly to induce epileptic seizures in their user base.

-1pt for poorly worded terms of service. Namely, if you use a macro to chain your abilities, something that I've done in EQ, EQ2, WoW, and SWOTOR, it will get you banned. There is extremely poor communication of this bannable offense to the players. A lot of people will get perma banned because the devs decided NOT to educate their user base on their design decision. This -1 is permanent.
  11. Jun 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't understand how people can give a game a score of 0 or 1 and especially this game.
    The combat system is nice not as nice as Tera but it's still fun, it's have a lot of humor, I really enjoy this game and i think if you like mmo's you should try this game :)

(Sorry for my bad English)
  12. Jun 6, 2014
    Wildstar is not trying to be revolutionary as an MMO, instead delivering a polished, fun and quiet complex game for any player type to enjoy. Movement is fluid, the control easy to understand, crafting is complex but fun, lots of exploration is possible and combat is outright fun and challenging.
  13. Jun 4, 2014
    When dungeon boss fights are the equivalent of a very well designed raid encounter you know you are onto a great game. The amount of co-ordination required, the fact that it is not forgiving, how interesting and paced the battle is, make me want more even after the third death.

This game makes me want more, and I would recommend everyone try it out
  14. Jun 30, 2014
    After playing Wildstar for a couple hours I've realized that I'm not looking at the game world at all. My vision got tunneled. In combat I'm looking at the telegraphs. While questing every clickable object has shiny icon on top of it. So all I do is run from one shiny icon to another. The bright world style and the full screen bloom effect doesn't help either.
  15. Jun 9, 2014
    A complete game. I don't know why it's so rare to find complete MMOs these days, but it is, and WildStar is one of these legendary few. The game feels--and IS--vast. There's a huge amount of content to dig into, from Warplots (PvP) to one of if not the most customizeable housing experience out there. Crafting, huge amount of raiding content, etc. The combat itself is fun, the world is veryA complete game. I don't know why it's so rare to find complete MMOs these days, but it is, and WildStar is one of these legendary few. The game feels--and IS--vast. There's a huge amount of content to dig into, from Warplots (PvP) to one of if not the most customizeable housing experience out there. Crafting, huge amount of raiding content, etc. The combat itself is fun, the world is very nicely designed. The game was clearly a labor of love and it shows. Expand
  16. Jun 5, 2014
    A a WoW veteran who got really bored with the game this was my new go-to MMO, played the beta and experienced all of the improvements up until launch.
    The game is loads of fun, any class starts off slow but as you level up and get new abilities you will have more and more fun with different skills to destroy your enemies.
    At level 14 you get your own house which is a really nice feature,
    At level 14 you get your own house which is a really nice feature, giving you more rested XP, buffs and the ability to place any type of plots to help your crafting and what not.
    Adventures start at level 15 and is a really nice experience, the ability to pick the path you want and see how the story plays out is really quite enjoyable, at 20 you gain access to your first dungeon which will be more of a challenge.
    The environments are just amazing, each one is different with its own theme and enemies to fit, loads of variation on NPCs and interesting areas to explore.
    There are so many things in this game that are just make it the best MMO out there, from what I've just mentioned to the combat that is completely reliant on your skill to aim, hard enemies, dungeons and having to survive by actually dodging stuff.
    I play MMOs mainly for the endgame content and this one got so much of it right off the bat, I am going to be level 50 today or tomorrow and can't wait to start building my character more.
    Always dread questing but this game makes it fun, the only bad thing I have to say about it is that there are a bit too many kill and fetchquests which can make things tedious now and then but all in all I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new MMO.
  17. Jun 8, 2014
    Update: This game is a bug fest. How is this not a beta?? In one day I'ave had 4 quest bug in which I cannot complete them and now I've re-done a Dresura quest FOUR times and its still bugging, what a waste of my time. Go get someone else's $15. What a waste. Oh, also, a quest that changes your characters clothing isnt reverting to my own costume, no debuff/ it's been 3 days. What a joke.
  18. Jun 19, 2014
    I am an MMO vet, I have played just about every MMORPG since Ultima Online. With that said, you might get a better understanding when I say that Wildstar is One of the best, if not the Best, MMORPG I have ever played. Wildstar has so much to offer, Its Action Style gameplay gives you so much freedom, the skill tree lets you choice your own path, it has so much room for customization.I am an MMO vet, I have played just about every MMORPG since Ultima Online. With that said, you might get a better understanding when I say that Wildstar is One of the best, if not the Best, MMORPG I have ever played. Wildstar has so much to offer, Its Action Style gameplay gives you so much freedom, the skill tree lets you choice your own path, it has so much room for customization. The spells and abilities are simple to use with lots of options to play the way you want, while still being an individual player unlike any other in the game. No need for rotations, find attacks you like and just jump in, do massive damage along others of the same class and you will most likely be unique in the way you look as a character and the way you play, while still being a powerful useful player.

This game is a must buy, i jumped into the game with the idea that i need to hit the level cap as soon as i can, when i got into the game it was so amazing, so much to do and see, the game felt huge. I ended up spending 5 days in game leveling to the level cap. Most MMOs i can hit the level cap in no more than 2 days of grinding. The warplot 40v40 pvp, the housing plots, the 40v40 raids, the dungeon and raids actually take skill over gear. If you dont play this your missing out, Wildstar is going to dethrone WoW.
  19. Jun 10, 2014
    Wildstar in one of the best MMO experiences I've had in years. While there are alot similarities to genre-king WoW, it is not just a plain copy. Wildstar does not hide its inspiration, but instead of trying to copy something, they expanded it and gave it their own touch while adding alot of meaningful functions to skill and character-customization. Their style is unique and employs aWildstar in one of the best MMO experiences I've had in years. While there are alot similarities to genre-king WoW, it is not just a plain copy. Wildstar does not hide its inspiration, but instead of trying to copy something, they expanded it and gave it their own touch while adding alot of meaningful functions to skill and character-customization. Their style is unique and employs a vibrant humour. The combat is alot fun and content past maxLvL is extremely challenging. Due to very open-minded AddOn-politics, there's tons of options to customize and improve the games' clunky UI.
    Sadly, there's still quite a few bugs in the game, especially with the endgame-encounters, which hopefully find their way onto Carbines toDo-list soon.
  20. Jun 8, 2014
    I just started playing on 6/5/2014. Server issues are resolved. The skill system is really enjoyable. There is a little bit of a learning curve. When I first started playing it was a little confusing. It took a good 5-6 hours to get the hang of things. I'm currently playing a stalker and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't had this much fun with a MMORPG since WoTLK. I'm currently level 13,I just started playing on 6/5/2014. Server issues are resolved. The skill system is really enjoyable. There is a little bit of a learning curve. When I first started playing it was a little confusing. It took a good 5-6 hours to get the hang of things. I'm currently playing a stalker and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't had this much fun with a MMORPG since WoTLK. I'm currently level 13, and there seems like a lot of content that is yet to come. Mounts, housing, dungeons, and raids to name a few. Customization is amazing.

I give the game a solid 8.5, but I'm giving it a 10 to counteract all the 0s and 1s providing by people because of launch issues.
  21. Jul 7, 2014
    Good MMO with a responsible and responsive developer. Their active involvement is apparent and a nice change to what other companies seem to have become, answering to shareholders who have no interest in the game itself. The crafting system, the housing, and the commodity/auction house are all amazing. Quests can be a grind, but that's sort of a necessary evil in MMOs, it's not necessaryGood MMO with a responsible and responsive developer. Their active involvement is apparent and a nice change to what other companies seem to have become, answering to shareholders who have no interest in the game itself. The crafting system, the housing, and the commodity/auction house are all amazing. Quests can be a grind, but that's sort of a necessary evil in MMOs, it's not necessary to level, but it is always present.

By far the best aspect of the game is the dungeons. Telegraphs make sure you're not wiping for an hour on the same boss. The fights are busy, but with telegraphs you know what you should have avoided. Complicated yes, but no one has an excuse. In the same vein, I'm glad votekick was included right out of the box.
  22. Jun 14, 2014
    First of all, I did not level to max level nor experienced any of its end game, so take this as you like.

I have tried to like the game, I really did, especially since I have nothing else to play these days, so you can't accuse me of not giving it a chance. This game is one of these MMOs that get the right idea about how the perfect MMO should be like. Unfortunately they got only

This game is one of these MMOs that get the right idea about how the perfect MMO should be like. Unfortunately they got only about 80% of that idea, and the rest of the 20% - the part where they messed it up, kinda broke it for me.

I don't like the UI. I don't like how you are forced to hold the RMB to do anything in the game. Sure, there are addons that the game is built around the thought that you will not use any such addon to hide the cursor. Let's just say that the 1000 time you suspend an addon so the cursor appears on the screen, becomes really annoying to do.

I don't like the pvp mechanics. It's all a **** of telegraphs. There are no tactics, no aoe ccs that matter, healers are immortal unless focused by more than 3 people, and melee are screwed as ranged classes reign supreme.
    Considering pvp is really important to me, this is the first time in any of the MMOs that I have played, where I don't like playing battlegrounds. This is saying quite a lot, tbh.

Leveling by questing. UTTER BOREDOM! I mean it. I didn't think questing can be even more boring than Elder Scrolls Online's questing but apparently it can. I can't take it and I'm not an impatient person. I have leveled about 6 characters to level 16 and the same thing happened everytime - I just couldn't go on anymore. No way am I going to make it to max level if the level 15 questing area makes me think that watching paint dry could be more fun.

Housing. I'm sorry but I REALLY don't care about this feature. If you do, ok, but I don't.

In conclusion, this game is...MEH! Same as ESO. It's better than ESO, ofcourse, in many aspects, but at the end of the day it fails just as much. It's not a bad game and the devs put a lot of effort into it but unfortunately some poor development decisions were taken along the way.

When Wildstar launched, I was concerned that I will have difficulties choosing between Wildstar and Warlords of Draenor but now, after 2 weeks of playing it seriously, I have decided that it's not going to be an issue for me anymore.

PS: "But why are you making a review if you didn't even play it to end game?". Well tbh, if a game doesn't even motivate me to get past even level 20, then I don't see why I should put up with the pain of leveling in hopes of some promised land to be found at max level, especially since since core mechanics and features bother me, and these are not going to change at max level obviously.
  23. Jun 3, 2014
    Best mmo I've tried recently. The most innovative feature and also the coolest is the combat. It's very proactive. I think it is what GW2 tried to do, but much better.
    Besides the combat, it's a regular mmo, so if you don't like mmos, you won't like this one. But, there are good mmos and bad ones, and this one does everything right.
    There's another unique feature called Paths. Besides
    There's another unique feature called Paths. Besides the usual race, class and tradeskills, you chose a path. And this decides a lot of what you will be doing. For example soldier gets you new bosses to defeat, zones to defend and so on, all with it's own story. Or settler which I am right now, let's me build stuff around towns and cities, useful stuff. I'm loving settler tbh.
    The skills are very interesting and cool (I was shocked at thow boring skills were in FFRR, the last mmo I tried). And the skill and perk system is very configurable, letting you switch skills on the fly, which I like too.
    The crafting system looks cool, but I still have no idea how it works, it's not just click and craft, you have to select different ingredients and put them in a kind of grid.
    The world is full of stuff. The path system helps in this regards. There aren't any boring zones, because besides missions, events, ingredients, or the usual things, the world is also populated with things related to your path.
    The graphics are cartoonish. They don't look awesome in the sense of technical power, but they are pretty and very detailed.
    Oh, and the game has a kind of Borderlands humor.

All in all, very good mmo and I'd say right now the best you can play.
  24. Jul 31, 2014
    After playing the game the last couple months I feel I have a good enough idea about the game to give an informed review. Hopefully by this time all the haters have hated and the fanboys have spurted their collective juices all over the game so we can start getting more honest reviews.

Let's start with gameplay. Combat in the game is done through telegraphs so you can see where your attack will hit and just have to make sure the enemy is in that little cone/box/etc so they will receive damage. Healing tends to work the same way for most classes so just change "enemy" to friend and "receive damage" to healing. The combat isn't bad by any means. It can make for some really intense combat depending on your foe and each battle feels like it moves at a good pace. The problem for me was in PVP since you can see the enemy player's telegraphs you end up getting swamped with them. Battles tend to devolve into whoever can spam the most.

In terms of the leveling up process, I felt this was one of Wildstar's weaker points. Quests are essentiallythe same fetch/kill x amount quests that we have seen from games like WoW. More so than that is though is that the storylines for each quest are pretty forgetable. You have some quest chains that can leave you with a smile but none of them were particularly memorable or felt really significant. Towards the end of my leveling I was pretty much just accepting and completing quests without really paying attention to the quest dialogue.

Graphic wise the game has some really lovely visuals and landscapes. The characters have a cartoony look to them but I think that adds to the game's charm. Its a game that doesn't take itself to seriously in many aspects.The cartoony feel accentuates some of the whacky situations the player will get themselves in.

End game was sort of the deal breaker for me. Needless to say, without a guild or at least some friends who are somewhat competent end game is a nightmare. If you want to raid you basically have to go on one huge grindfest. You can run the veteran dungeons (harder modes of each dungeon) with pugs but that gets pretty hit and miss since most players seem to leave after the first wipe. Another problem that Wildstar faces is that its overall playerbase has dwindled a bit since launch and servers aren't as full as they once were. This adds to the problem since it makes que times kinda long. Also it sucks if your faction doesn't happen to be the dominant one on your server.

Carbine made it clear that Wildstar was going to cater more towards the hardcore playerbase and they have certainly kept their word. End game is challenging but as I said it can be a grind. So casual players steer clear of this one! I expect this game to pick up some steam again once balancing has been done and the inevitable server merges happen. Maybe then I'll check this game out again. Until then I'll stick to the "filthy casual" games.
  25. Jun 22, 2014
    2nd part of Daisai's review on Wildstar

The pve content in Wildstar is not difficult, it is different then other games so it is something to get used to but it is not that difficult that you need to be a "no lifer" to be able to raid. It is however more difficult then most content you would see in Wildstars direct competitor World of Warcraft while leveling. I would suggest really
    2nd part of Daisai's review on Wildstar

I would suggest really to find a guild while leveling just to make sure you can have a group you can talk to on voice comms to make the content go easier.

As for raiding, i can not first hand tell you if that is really that easy or difficult that is something that has yet to be seen and something someone can see from watching streams.

As for the questing, this is pretty standard just a basic simple questing system.
    You go to a questgiver who gives a quest and you kill some mobs, nothing special here without giving to many spoilers.

3. Graphics

Carbine has chosen to go with a comic like graphics with this game, whatever their reasons are or were this is not really that important.
    It does however not look good for a game that runs so slow on high end pc's and is released in 2014.

Optimization of the game engine is another part where Carbine has really failed in trying to score some points.
    Many people have been reporting issue during the beta and are still reporting issues about having poor fps on high end pc's

When reporting Carbine support about this they are very eager in placing the blame at the client and not by themselfs.

4. Others.

Oops, forgot i have nothing to mention here ^^

5. Conclusion

Wildstar is a pretty standard mmo, nothing special apart from their telegraph system.
    If you would buy it just remember that you are probably going to run into some key issues with your class.
    The score of 6 that i gave is because the game is nothing special and it is a score it deserves, it has many faults which should have been fixed before launch which are unforgivable.
    If i would suggest anyone to buy this ? not for the first few months.

If you can wait with playing a new mmo 2 or 3 months i suggest you do that and see how the game evolves and how active the community stays.
    If you really are to eager to buy Wildstar i suggest you look at some streams on twitch, they often have discounts to buy this game for a decent price.

This is where i end my review on Wildstar, hopefully you enjoyed reading it and any tips you can send me a message on twitch.

www.twitch.tv/daisai
  26. Jun 3, 2014
    Best MMO since WoW. I've played them all, one after another. GW2, Tera, Swtor, The Secret World, ESO etc... but none of them come close to the content and experience in this game. Not only is the PvP (Battlegrounds, Arenas) incredibly fun but the PvE content is challenging and rewarding. If you want a good MMO to play that has plenty of end-game content, look no further. 10/10
  27. Jun 24, 2014
    Game is 100% broken. There are teleporting bots on every server which mine all the minerals. I am not joking about teleporting bots, the are real and Wildstar (just like Guild Wars 2) is overrun with them. Carbine will do NOTHING about this because the bots are paying customers, if they couldn't fix them in GW2, they sure ain't fixin them in Wildstar. Disgraceful game, disgraceful company.
  28. Jun 10, 2014
    I've been playing this quite a bit lately and have been very surprised by how much I am enjoying it. It is the cure for the itch that fans of early day WoW/TBC have been having for years now. A return to an MMO experience less insulting to the intelligence of the player.

The game looks very good, though it's visuals might turn some off. I was wary at first, but I find them charming and pleasing to the eye. It's a very colorful and lively feeling world that doesn't take itself too seriously, but still manages to capture your attention. The "loudness" of the game's silliness may turn some away, but I haven't found it to be overbearing. I've been pleasantly surprised in that respect.

The combat is very pro-active and demands your attention. By the first dungeon you will be having your chops tested in a way that recent MMO's have been far too scared to do. It's a refreshing change of pace and really adds to the game's appeal. You feel like you accomplish something when you take down a really hard enemy and you know it was because you played well, not just because you're OP.

The PvP feels fun and fluid, and is very fast paced. Again, skill seems to play a large factor here as well, as someone who cannot aim their skill shots will not be doing very well at all. Also, this game supports open world PvP, something that recent games like GW2 and ESO have shied away from entirely. You -will- see the other faction in the world, and on a PvP realm they will try to kill you. Great!

Audio in the game is pretty good. The tracks are fantastic and capture the spirit of the game world pretty well, but I do wish there were more variety in the tracks in-game. I've found myself re-listening to many of them as I've played, and you start to recognize the ones you hear often. The music is good, but they could use more variety.

Group content is in tall order, but you can solo as well. Wildstar's landscape is riddled with elite enemies, world bosses, group quests, and mobs that will generally just wreck your face. The dungeons require coordination and some communication. No more sleeping through the leveling process. This was a return to form for the genre imo, and I've been really enjoying it.

The housing system feels fully fleshed out, and doesn't feel tacked on at all. I've been enjoying it immensely. You can pour quite a bit of time into just tinkering around with your house and land, planting in your garden, and going out into the world with the sole purpose of finding new pieces of decor. For instance, the last boss in the first dungeon I did dropped an epic quality statue! I won it and now have a bad to the bone huge dragon statue on my front lawn! Cool!

Overall, if you've been disenchanted with the "e z peezy" philosophy of recent MMO's and have been waiting for a fully featured theme park MMO that got back to the roots of the theme park genre in terms of teamwork, expansiveness, and systems complexity, then give Wildstar a shot.

My only gripe is that the UI is a bit buggy requiring frequent reloads of the UI. For instance, name plates often disappear among other things, but they seem to patch nightly and things slowly come together day by day. The meat of the game is stable and runs well for me. I have found a total of one bugged quest. Regardless, it is a quality product.
  29. Jun 12, 2014
    The best MMORPG on the market. Why is it the best? Because of the combat system, the graphics, the story (can't wait to find out what happened to the Elden) the character customization, and housing. But you want to know the best thing about WildStar? Addons! That's right, addons. They have totally embraced the concept of people making addons for this game. Want to make the combatThe best MMORPG on the market. Why is it the best? Because of the combat system, the graphics, the story (can't wait to find out what happened to the Elden) the character customization, and housing. But you want to know the best thing about WildStar? Addons! That's right, addons. They have totally embraced the concept of people making addons for this game. Want to make the combat just like Tera? There are addons. Don't like the UI? There are addons to change it. Don't like the Questing UI? There are addons to change it. The list goes on and on. This game feels like an MMO that has been on the market for years. I cannot believe how smooth this roll-out has been. Here is the deal... if you loved WoW for it's first few years... then you are going to love this game. It reminds me of an updated vanilla wow... with a sci-fi feel. Expand
  30. Jun 10, 2014
    If I had to describe the game in 1 word, i'd use YAWN. This game took everything that is already out there and did it again. Boring quest grind with no meaning of games like World of Warcraft? Here. PvP that is focused more on zerg and sheer numbers? Here. Item system that has you replacing your gear ever half a level during the first 20 levels and every other level at 20+? Here.If I had to describe the game in 1 word, i'd use YAWN. This game took everything that is already out there and did it again. Boring quest grind with no meaning of games like World of Warcraft? Here. PvP that is focused more on zerg and sheer numbers? Here. Item system that has you replacing your gear ever half a level during the first 20 levels and every other level at 20+? Here.

Combat is promising at first, until the novelty wears off, and then it just becomes the same number pushing game with some dodges added. It becomes a mind numbing experience after about 20 levels of the same thing.

I do admit that I never experienced end game with raids and the much anticipated Battle Plots. I really wanted to experience it, I really did...and I tried my best to keep grinding the mind numbing game to get there...but in the end I realized that there are far better ways to waste my time than this game. I've expressed this concern for a while now but am usually met with people yelling that I'm wrong...so time will tell. My guess is that this game will be dead and free to play within 1 year. It will be cool to see how this rating moves down from this "novelty era" of the game of 8.3 rating down to when people see the game for what it is.
  31. Jun 6, 2014
    "Arschkrapfen Jun 5, 2014
    This game is childish, naive, uncreative, unloving, superficially, primitively, inaccessible, old fashioned unpretentious, uninspired, boring and completely useles" Looks like you defined your own review. Very fun and entertaining mmo. This is finally what all ex-WoW vet wanted for so long. The art style may not please everyone but combat and gameplay is
    "Arschkrapfen Jun 5, 2014

Looks like you defined your own review.

Very fun and entertaining mmo. This is finally what all ex-WoW vet wanted for so long. The art style may not please everyone but combat and gameplay is very high quality. Carbine did an awesome job to improve every aspect of what makes mmos fun. It worth a try for sure for all fan of the traditionnal mmo that don't constantly QQ to reinvent the wheel.
  32. Jun 16, 2014
    The Leveling process in this game is pretty bland, not to say boring. Just your typical kill this, fetch that stuff *yawn*. The art style certainly isn't for everybody, but if you can get over that it's really quite ok, not to say pretty good. Once you make it to completing your first dungeon, you'll probably be hooked for a while. Once you get deep into the combat you'll experienceThe Leveling process in this game is pretty bland, not to say boring. Just your typical kill this, fetch that stuff *yawn*. The art style certainly isn't for everybody, but if you can get over that it's really quite ok, not to say pretty good. Once you make it to completing your first dungeon, you'll probably be hooked for a while. Once you get deep into the combat you'll experience something you haven't felt like in a long time, or even ever, not while playing an MMO anyway.
    It's a pretty unique game, and I'm not going to bet money on it going F2P anytime soon.
  33. Jun 21, 2014
    Having played it some more, I have a question for the developers. Where is the fun? There is no hook to this game. Nothing that compels us to play it, be interested in our characters or our world.
  34. Jul 7, 2014
    Starting out the game is a lot of fun, you seriously enjoy it until you hit about level 20. Then it gets boring... at times REALLY boring... but then you hit 35 and all of a sudden the personal story line kicks in and you no longer care about all the boring stuff you had to go through to get here, you are all of a sudden taken up by the mystery of the game and catapulted headlong at theStarting out the game is a lot of fun, you seriously enjoy it until you hit about level 20. Then it gets boring... at times REALLY boring... but then you hit 35 and all of a sudden the personal story line kicks in and you no longer care about all the boring stuff you had to go through to get here, you are all of a sudden taken up by the mystery of the game and catapulted headlong at the elder game. You barely even notice hitting 50.

I think that is where a lot of the negative reviews come from. Carbine made it pretty damn clear during development that Wildstar was all about the Endgame, the 'Elder game' as they call it. SWToR had an amazing storyline for levelling but the game died as soon as you hit level cap. Your SPOUSE! The one you choose to marry (if you choose to marry) in your personal story line in SWToR outright REFUSED to talk to you after you finished all the story quest stuff. It felt so dead, so obviously fake. All immersion and desire to play left as you realised you'd done everything there was to do in the game, or at least everything that mattered.

ESO is similar, really strong story line for levelling, same with GW2, and here is the thing, all of these games are a joke compared to WoW even though WoW has the most boring levelling of any game I have ever played which is saying something because that includes Lineage 2. What WoW does have though is Endgame. Lots of it. Endless, endless Endgame.

This is where Wildstar shines, not only does it shine in comparison to every other MMO released in the past 3 years it also outshines the grand daddy of them all. WoW.

It is WoW's endgame that gives it longevity and player retention.

It is Wildstars Elder Game that will give it the same.

My recommendation to everyone out there interested in this game is, be prepared to grind a bit to get to the juicy stuff. Moreover - be prepared to work hard to get into a good guild - this is the most important point, you won't enjoy the Elder Game if you try to solo it - that just isn't the point of an MMO (unless its SWToR or GW2 or ESO - basically all games that should not be MMO's), if you want a solo experience go play Skyrim.
  35. Jun 4, 2014
    Lol at the people who gave this a low score. Noticed that several of you also gave ESO a 10, or it's your only review, so you lose all credibility. Fact is that while Wildstar does not reinvent the wheel it is a decent game with a lot of potential. I played ESO beta and tried to enjoy it but everything about the world felt bland and uninspiring. The only difficulty may be that thereLol at the people who gave this a low score. Noticed that several of you also gave ESO a 10, or it's your only review, so you lose all credibility. Fact is that while Wildstar does not reinvent the wheel it is a decent game with a lot of potential. I played ESO beta and tried to enjoy it but everything about the world felt bland and uninspiring. The only difficulty may be that there have been so many MMO failures the past few years that it will be difficult to get some people back on the bandwagon and give Wildstar the shot it deserves. Expand
  36. Jul 3, 2014
    First impression:

First impression:

MMO does not change the genre much honestly, to me it feels like a mash-up of wow with the humor of futurama. What really stood out to me was the dungeons, bosses have so many different phases with varying mechanics, that it makes each boss fight feel different. Im halfway through the game, and if end game is anything like this, then i will sub, purely for the dungeons.

Quests:
    There are so many quests in each zone, that i skip half of them. Quests are divided by category (story quests, fetching quests...etc.) you can choose to do what you like
  37. Jul 2, 2014
    This MMORPG is so generic and typical in all aspects you really don't miss out anything if you don't play it. If you choose to do so, you will have a fair amount of fun (at least for the first, free month). But I can't see any reason to actually subscribe to it, unless it's exactly what you are looking for (a generic, typical Themepark grindfest with no real soul).

BTW: don't get fooled

BTW: don't get fooled thinking this game is somewhat more "hardcore" than anything else out there. It's not. Sure, you can die way faster in Wildstar due to many merciless, one-hit mechanics. But in the end it's the same **** like in any other MMO you've played so far. If you don't have problems memorizing the movement in other games, there's really not much difference here. It's simply an annoyance thing, not an evolution in game mechanics ....
  38. Jun 9, 2014
    I will start my review by recommending that you try out this game before buying. If you are lucky someone can give you a 7 day guest pass.
    I came into this game probably with too much expectation. Yes this game has some strengths that being an active combat system which is innovative. A skill talent system which allows you to really customise your character. The ability to double jump and sprint is a nice touch and a sense of humour.
    The graphics felt dated and the cartoony style isn't my cup of tea. I did get past my feelings on the graphics and the style grew on me.
    But at the end of the day as much as I tried I couldn't get excited about the game. It felt like I had done this or seen this before. This from someone who has played close to 350 days played or more on the genre in the last 10 years in numerous games.
    In today's market a subscription based pricing model is very risky and I personally don't think you will see $180 per year value plus the original $60 for the base game.
  39. Jun 5, 2014
    Cartoonish mmo, which is really addressed to players up to 12 years old. Plot is non-existent and the whole game has a wow-clone-ish taste. I could stay logged for a maximum time of 2 hours and after that the game was uninstalled from my hdd.
  40. Jun 5, 2014
    I'll keep this short. Wildstar is a good action-oriented distillation of every MMO out there, set in a sci-fi/fantasy universe flavored with both dark humor and saccharine Disney Channel sensibilities. A weird mix, yes. Think Guild Wars meets Star Wars meets Warcraft. Nothing new here, but if you want to play an MMO, you could do much worse.
  41. Jul 10, 2014
    Finally a mmorpg done properly. Best I've played since wow vanilla. Although it doesn't reach the atmosphere and social aspects wow had back in the days, it gets damn close.
  42. Jun 6, 2014
    From my experiences so far. I have to agree with another reviewer above me. It's not a terrible game but I find myself playing maybe at most an hour or so a session before I become bored.

It just seems , I hate to use the cliche' but all done before with a slight combat twist. The artistic direction is wonderful if you're into that style. The gameplay is spot on. The UI could use a but more streamlining. All in all it's a great game but I just can't get into it. Everything is in the right place...

Maybe I am just bored with the MMO genre in general. But this is my two cents.
  43. Jun 3, 2014
    Fun combat, Great graphics (if you like the specific art design WildStar uses), and tons of content. Unlike all recently launched MMOs, WildStar has a lot of stuff to do at endgame. Dev team is very good, and the community team is top notch. Lots of good communication from them from Beta through launch.
    There are bugs and issues, but you will have these with any new MMO. What you have to look at, is how they handle the issues, fix the bugs, and learn from their mistakes. Really hoping the game takes off.
  44. Jun 3, 2014
    This game is surprisingly fun. At level 15 you get access to adventures, which are essentially dungeons. They are super fun and challenging. Completing adventures feels very fulfilling when you clear them. Bosses are unique and engaging with neat mechanics. Combat feels more like an action RPG than an MMO. Manual dodging is fun.
  45. Mar 18, 2015
    The best and most polished MMO there on the market. It really takes it to the next level, combining all the utility and fun of them all. While it takes time to get used to some of the new interface design, after that it offers tons of emotions and playability.
    The only drawback i've really found was the price of the game.
  46. Jun 17, 2014
    I'll go with the pros and cons of this game according to me

Cons 1)Questing. Pure questing in the game is boring and it brings to my mind games of past decades or modern f2p ones. From the Age of Conan and beyond some mmorpg games tried to get rid of the endless fetch quests. Wildstar brings them back. Questing feels a lot like WoW so old school MMO players may dig it. ESO questing
    I'll go with the pros and cons of this game according to me

Cons

1)Questing. Pure questing in the game is boring and it brings to my mind games of past decades or modern f2p ones. From the Age of Conan and beyond some mmorpg games tried to get rid of the endless fetch quests. Wildstar brings them back. Questing feels a lot like WoW so old school MMO players may dig it. ESO questing was a lot lot better

2) Optimization : I could run games like Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, ESO and many more at high settings with 40-60 fps. In Wildstar i run the game with an average of 20 FPS at medium. If i compare it with ESO which is a recent mmo, there i had around 40-50 at high settings in every area but crowded cities and mass pvp ( 100 people and more)

3) Some major class bugs. Even though the game had quite a smooth launch there are quite a few bugs in the class i play. I play engineer. 20-30% of the skills are not working properly and tons of them have hit detection issues especially in pvp. I can't talk for the other classes though.

4) Path system is weak. It's a good innovation but right now it adds almost nothing in the game.

Good things

1)Dungeons. If you like Dungeons this game is for you. By far the most satisfying dungeons you can find in an mmo game.

2) Wonderful art direction.

3)Interesting classes. Yes there are bugs, yes some of them luck visuals but at the end of the day you're gonna have trouble picking a class because almost all of them are fun. Even if i don't have a high level warrior, if you are into warrior dps wildstar managed to make the most dull class in MMO games actually FUN.

4)Smooth launch at the part of pve content. Even though as i said there is poor optimization and some class bugs, pve content is really smooth.

5) Housing is awesome

Who should play this game? People who enjoy being in a guild 'cause the quality content of the game is made for guilds. Old school mmorpg players who don't mind tons of fetch quests and people who enjoy dungeons and raids. If you plan to play solo you better stay away.
  47. Jun 16, 2014
    As others have said, Wildstar really is the best MMO on the market right now. It is a polished game and running relatively smoothly upon release. The classes all feel dynamic and interesting in there own way, no two classes seem to play the same. The graphics, whilst cartoony and somewhat dated, really fit the theme and tone of the world that Carbine has attempted to create, one of aAs others have said, Wildstar really is the best MMO on the market right now. It is a polished game and running relatively smoothly upon release. The classes all feel dynamic and interesting in there own way, no two classes seem to play the same. The graphics, whilst cartoony and somewhat dated, really fit the theme and tone of the world that Carbine has attempted to create, one of a whimsical yet serious sci fi fantasy. Great game, well worth the initial purchase, yet to see if the game can muster enough long term devoted fanbase, time will tell. Expand
  48. Jun 6, 2014
    Too much like WoW. Yes I know it was made by a ton of people that made Vanilla WoW but come on. The game play is nothing new to an MMO. They have had combat like this in MMOs for a good 2-3 years. PvE is the same old gather/kill/objective crap. Just nothing new. I tried it and I just couldn't get into it. Nice try though.
  49. Jul 13, 2014
    Fantastic game. It has so much at it's launch that it's sure to please every type of MMO'er. The combat is silky smooth and innovative with the telegraph system, the crafting gives you total reign over customization, there's a dye and costume system that allows you to wear whatever armor you please as long as you're high enough level to wear it, and tons of end game for the people who needFantastic game. It has so much at it's launch that it's sure to please every type of MMO'er. The combat is silky smooth and innovative with the telegraph system, the crafting gives you total reign over customization, there's a dye and costume system that allows you to wear whatever armor you please as long as you're high enough level to wear it, and tons of end game for the people who need something to do once max level. On top of that, the development team is very active with their playerbase, and have already pushed out multiple patches based on player feedback alone. Expand
  50. Jun 4, 2014
    A little background on me and my experience in the game. Im in my mid 20s and work 50 hours a week. I played vanilla through cata in wow as well as GW2 and SWTOR. I am currently lvl 38 in wildstar and played a lot of sub-50 dungeons/adventures in beta.

Cons: - Clunky interface for questing, sometimes too many, bad tracking/prioritization based on location. You can work through this

Cons:
    - Clunky interface for questing, sometimes too many, bad tracking/prioritization based on location. You can work through this with about 4 seconds of reading, though.
    - Character plates are horrible. Sometimes they are too high to see, sometimes don't show up at all. You can get an addon called Bijiplates to fix this, though. There is a memory leak in the addon but just reloadui to fix it. /shrug
    - Questing can get a bit grindy but hey, its an MMO and they do breadcrumbing, hubbing, and such quite well. More on this in pros.
    - Some pretty big queues if you log on during peak hours
    - Chat interface is not awesome. It is very hard to carry on a whisper convo - you have to Enter+/r. Life goes on.

Pros:
    - Questing hubbing is quite good. If you miss a quest, the quest giver will call you and give you the quest. It is still possible to get lost and end up in the wrong place come on, you need to think A LITTLE BIT.
    - Dungeons are a blast. They are fairly easily mastered if you have a good crew but they are still very fun and repeatable. I haven't tried veteran dungeons yet.
    - Adventures are a nice alternative to questing if you want to do some rapid group lvling. They are fun and quick. Nice change of pace
    - The zones and music are beautiful and mysterious.
    - I like exploring but rarely do it in MMOs because I feel pressure to get to the highest level quickly. Wildstar rewards you (not terribly well but well enough for me) for exploring. I don't feel like it slows my lvling down that much.
    - Combat is insanely fun. You will not be standing in front of a mob hammering 2 keys, but if you've played GW2 or any other dodge based game, you are used to this. The big win for me is that finding skill synergy seems a lot clearer while still preserving huge variety.
    - Crafting is pretty straight forward but unlike in wow, I feel like I can level it up as I level (without going too far out of my way) and still make myself some upgrades.

Overall, I really like this game. I feel like it preserved the things I liked about early wow while making many aspects of the game more interesting and challenging in the right ways. No, leveling doesn't take twice as long, thats not a challenge. Instead, you need to pay a little attention to combat while lvling. I feel like I just spend a lot more time doing the things I want to do and less time doing needless dumb stuff. Also dungeons. Can't say enough about them, the low level dungeons are roughly equivalent to BC heroics. Hard at first, but farmable with a decent group.

Anyway, TL;DR, Good game, some bugs, I'm sure they will get fixed. Not a wow clone, more like wow 2.0.
  51. Jun 6, 2014
    I tried this game looking for a new MMO. I admit that the art style and childish humor is not my cup of tea but my score is not based of any of that as it would probably appeal to a younger audience.

What I was hoping for is a MMO to move the stagnating genre forward, and sadly this is not it. The game has been in development for 7 years and it shows. All of the concepts have been done before and I dont really see Wildstar adding to the genre at all.

If you are looking for a MMO identical to all current MMOs but with a Sci-Fi Comic feel to it try this game, but if you are into a more serious MMO focusing on more than rushing to the end game there are better MMO's on the market.
  52. Jun 3, 2016
    Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add anPlease add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Thank you. Expand
  53. Sep 23, 2014
    It does an awful job of grabbing your attention off the bat, with laboured starting areas and the same repetitive quests you get in most MMOs. But if you can get through the first hour or two then you will be rewarded with an extremely competent, in depth MMO with a great combat system and some very unique levelling mechanics and dungeons. Just don't expect a gamechanger here; this is theIt does an awful job of grabbing your attention off the bat, with laboured starting areas and the same repetitive quests you get in most MMOs. But if you can get through the first hour or two then you will be rewarded with an extremely competent, in depth MMO with a great combat system and some very unique levelling mechanics and dungeons. Just don't expect a gamechanger here; this is the same thing WoW has been doing for a decade but with some very nice bells and whistles on, and that is by no means a bad thing.

As an aside, people who criticise the subscription model of payment are missing the point, as having a developing, consistent gaming world is worth paying regularly for, and Wildstar certainly has that.
  54. Jun 8, 2014
    I spent money on this game and cannot play. Why? The game isn't optimized at all, even though it's already launched! If you have a multi-core CPU or one of the CPU's that the Wildstar dev's didn't optimize for then save your money. Wildstar gets anywhere from 10-30 fps with everything turned on low, while games such as SWtoR get 60+ on ultra. If they ever fix this issue to where I can playI spent money on this game and cannot play. Why? The game isn't optimized at all, even though it's already launched! If you have a multi-core CPU or one of the CPU's that the Wildstar dev's didn't optimize for then save your money. Wildstar gets anywhere from 10-30 fps with everything turned on low, while games such as SWtoR get 60+ on ultra. If they ever fix this issue to where I can play without developing a migraine I will update this review. Until then, Wildstar gets a 0 for their piss poor optimization. Expand
  55. Jun 13, 2014
    i had lots of fun playing the first 20 lvl. but after that the grind and other stuff i dont like about MMO and reminds me why i have quit playing wow.
    to me this is certainly a better wow, but nothing ground breaking for me to stay.

if you are exhausted from wow and looking for similar alternative, you should try this
  56. Nov 8, 2015
    Since F2P, its good and polished.
    One of the best free to play games out there and it is NOT a pay to win.
    There is a lot to do, even if you are not a "raid oriented" player.
  57. Jun 22, 2014
    If escorting broccoli, planting seeds and saving teddy bears from a burning tree is your idea of fun, then you'll love Wildstar. So if you didn't get enough of the low resolution cartoon art, and bouncing from quest hub to quest hub doing fetch quests and killing '10 of X' that WoW has offered since 2004, then Wildstar is your game. It's the same tired old formula that's been done aIf escorting broccoli, planting seeds and saving teddy bears from a burning tree is your idea of fun, then you'll love Wildstar. So if you didn't get enough of the low resolution cartoon art, and bouncing from quest hub to quest hub doing fetch quests and killing '10 of X' that WoW has offered since 2004, then Wildstar is your game. It's the same tired old formula that's been done a billion times before--and some people are actually willing to pay a AAA price tag and a monthly sub for that. Wow! Expand
  58. Oct 15, 2015
    A very peppy goofy entertaining mmorpg with a great user interface and great game mechanics. Best mmorpg I have played in a while but thats just me.

I will leave it at that because writing any more wont matter give it a try.
  59. Jul 12, 2014
    Whilst I don't really want to write a review, I just want to warn others. I was bored by this game, so haven't played for about 3 weeks. But hoped to build up the enthusiasm to play it again, so left my subscription active. A week ago they took a months payment and then suspended my account for cheating!!! Now 1:- I never cheat at anything... ever. 2:- I've been working away for 3Whilst I don't really want to write a review, I just want to warn others. I was bored by this game, so haven't played for about 3 weeks. But hoped to build up the enthusiasm to play it again, so left my subscription active. A week ago they took a months payment and then suspended my account for cheating!!! Now 1:- I never cheat at anything... ever. 2:- I've been working away for 3 weeks. 3:- Its almost criminal they took a months money and then immediately afterwards handed me a suspension and then cancelled my subscription! They are thieves! Just stay away! Expand
  60. Jul 16, 2014
    I don't think this game deserves a 0 but I have to give it a 0 to compensate for the fanboy 10's. Its too much like WOW kill and fedex quests. The colors are overwhelming and cartoony. The screen looks convoluted and cluttered. The character animations are ridiculous and over the top. Good ideas that wasn't put to good use. A waste of money unless you have more than you know what to doI don't think this game deserves a 0 but I have to give it a 0 to compensate for the fanboy 10's. Its too much like WOW kill and fedex quests. The colors are overwhelming and cartoony. The screen looks convoluted and cluttered. The character animations are ridiculous and over the top. Good ideas that wasn't put to good use. A waste of money unless you have more than you know what to do with. Will go F2P within a year or so, so if you must play it wait till then and save your hard earned money for something else. Expand
  61. Jun 3, 2014
    Classic but updated (and really complete) MMORPG. Love the art and the personality of the game. First time in my adult life that i have this "new and exiting" feeling in a game.
  62. Jun 4, 2014
    Wildstar shares the creators of Vanilla WOW and offers a new spin on a traditional MMO. With the action packed combat, extensive housing, PVP warplots, arenas, dungeons and unbelievable hard 20-40 man raids this game has a lot to offer for those who a not happy with modern tumbled down MMOs. 10/10
  63. Jun 19, 2014
    I've enjoyed Wildstar so much more than I would have guessed. All those years back, WoW was an MMO for people who don't play MMOs. Wildstar in turn is an MMO for people who are bored of MMOs. Sometimes you have to look behind to walk ahead; group content difficulty reminds vividly of WoW before Blizzard decided to remove difficulty from their pre-raid game.

Defining Ok, I

Defining Ok, I really,really like this game" moment for me was when entire group full of scarred wow veterans felt natural, intuitive urge to go "WOO!" "YES!" " FUK YES!!" etc after killing last boss in an entry level dungeon.: D Been a long time since I've seen a 5 man dungeon where you actually have to do something to beat it. Difficult content is rewarding content.

The hard-to-define sense of adventure is very much present. World, zones feel alive and full of surprises. It is little unfortunate how first few hours of game feel quite uninspired in comparsion to what comes next. I almost dismissed the game after 2-4 hours. Wildstar really starts working it's magic around 10-20 hours.
  64. Jun 6, 2014
    This is a hard game to review. I enjoy the gameplay. It's polished and the world seems new and interesting. There's a load of different things to do. However, the developers have decided to cater to the "hardcore" mentality and sadly, it means that a large portion of the game, including the entire "endgame" is going to be limited to only a very few players who can afford to make it a fullThis is a hard game to review. I enjoy the gameplay. It's polished and the world seems new and interesting. There's a load of different things to do. However, the developers have decided to cater to the "hardcore" mentality and sadly, it means that a large portion of the game, including the entire "endgame" is going to be limited to only a very few players who can afford to make it a full time job. Expand
  65. Jun 3, 2014
    I actually played a lot in beta but cancelled my pre-order because it didnt suit me at all, a lot is unclear from the beginning alot of menus and weird inventory things. The quests are boring, the paths even worse i was a settler and the only thing you could do was build 3 different things in eacht specific location in some kind of teleporter and later it dissapears, the combat is mightI actually played a lot in beta but cancelled my pre-order because it didnt suit me at all, a lot is unclear from the beginning alot of menus and weird inventory things. The quests are boring, the paths even worse i was a settler and the only thing you could do was build 3 different things in eacht specific location in some kind of teleporter and later it dissapears, the combat is might what attract people since its skill-based for the rest its a boring story, ugly graphics for 2014! and very confusing. Expand
  66. Jun 3, 2014
    It's a solid MMO, but you can only start to appreciate it's true potential once you hit level 20 (Your first dungeon).

Dungeons and highend PVE is where the game shine with it's telegraph system... While this makes it easier for you to spot AOE's, it also allow the encounter to be much harder then what you typically expect in current MMO's... Wildstar is hard, but it is FAIR! If you

Wildstar is hard, but it is FAIR! If you die, it's most likely because you messed up and thanks to the telegraphs you'll usually know why you died.

The other features, like warplots, pvp, housing, adventure mode, paths, the crafting all great but the selling point of this MMo is the telegraph mechanic by far...

You won't really understand this untill you encounter your first dungeon boss... So if the game doesn't look that special to you at first glance, i stronlgy suggest that you keep going untill you unlock the first dungeons.

Solid MMO, that could stick around for a good while.
  67. Jun 10, 2014
    Believe the hype. I will try to keep this short and to the point. The combat is amazing. It's very similar to GW2 but much faster and much more fun. Crafting is great as is player housing which could almost be a separate game by itself.

There are two issues however that some people may not be able to get past and I would completely understand their gripe. First the quests are

First the quests are bland, that is true. If that is a deal breaker then this MMO is not for you. Personally I don't really care. If I wanted to read a well crafted story I would you know, read a book. For me every other aspect of this game is so well done and so much fun I don't mind at all.

The other complaint is the art style. This is a love it or leave it issue it seems. I love the art style. I've read some people say it's like playing a Pixar kids game and I can see that a little bit. But to me the art style is more reminiscent of a three dimensional Space Ace or Dragon's Lair.

This game is simply fun, challenging, funny, complete and damn near perfect.
  68. Jun 8, 2014
    First I wasn't interested in this game. But after playing a while, wildstar grows on me. It is a fantastic gaming experience with a rich and diverse content. I love the game in detail, where suddenly caves with ressources open up or the lore, which is fantastic written.

give this game a chance and play at least to level 15.
  69. Jun 6, 2014
    The first time I walked into Ilium I was completely awe-inspired, which I haven't felt in a video game since Vanilla WoW. Some people think the telegraphing system is excessive, and I can see their point, however it creates high movement, skillful combat. Something you don't see too often nowadays. Good luck living if you pull too many mobs! The first adventure at level 15, while notThe first time I walked into Ilium I was completely awe-inspired, which I haven't felt in a video game since Vanilla WoW. Some people think the telegraphing system is excessive, and I can see their point, however it creates high movement, skillful combat. Something you don't see too often nowadays. Good luck living if you pull too many mobs! The first adventure at level 15, while not extremely difficult, was far more challenging than even LFR in WoW. Overall, I think it is a worthy experience. Game has issues with a buggy UI, but that's what addons are for!

I just have to say, I was looking at the profiles of people rating this a "0" and most of them gave a "10" to either WoW or TESO. Please, go enjoy "every time I'm in a dungeon my right hand only becomes stronger" or "OMG I casted a heal now I am OOM (Out of Magicka)" and sit down, because WoW is dying a slow death and TESO? The biggest MMO turd/flop ever. Lol.
  70. Jul 5, 2014
    Very very good game! i'm really enjoying it for a month now, the content is great, there is a lot to do. what i like the most is the difficulty of the dungeons and raids. it really needs a good team to complete it. i really enjoy the challange.

tried all mmo's but they could not really attract me after i played wow for several years, but Wildstar has it al :D. ofcourse the game just

ofcourse the game just launched and needs some tweaks here and there but give it some time since it's an mmo and this game will be 10/10
  71. Jun 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wildstar has some good design elements, but also a slew of poor design decisions. On the plus side: the art and animation are good quality, but the designs tend to be goofy. Housing is very nice, maybe the best part of the game, if you're into housing.

On the minus side: Controls can be awkward, since there is no auto attack. Multi-tap skills are just a bad idea. Combat is repetitive and spammy, similar to the Secret World. Some of the quests are just stupid, such as the initial Save the Sentient Vegetables quest in the game intro. Paths aren't too in-depth, just a little bit of add-on skills and gameplay. The UI is still a real mess and needs consolidation. Challenges get annoying when already busy with another task, or even another challenge. The game also gets boring in a hurry.
  72. Jun 4, 2014
    10 for general awesomeness: the housing, the science fiction setting with occasional amusing NPC comments, the interesting classes to play, the AMP system, and the crafting. -1 for making me hate the sight of other players (challenges and even some quests put players in competition with each other). -1 point for putting pugs up against premades in pvp. Overall a very solid game, but if10 for general awesomeness: the housing, the science fiction setting with occasional amusing NPC comments, the interesting classes to play, the AMP system, and the crafting. -1 for making me hate the sight of other players (challenges and even some quests put players in competition with each other). -1 point for putting pugs up against premades in pvp. Overall a very solid game, but if you solo open world pve content, expect a much harder mode than those who group up. Expand
  73. Jun 10, 2014
    This is game is incredibly fun, graphically pretty, and a very welcome surprise MMO.

The combat is action packed and exciting. The cartoony graphics style is very pleasing to look at. The story is comical yet interesting. Very polished game all around.
  74. Jul 24, 2014
    This game tries very hard to be world of warcraft. They beg you to stay and enjoy it's "WoW like quality" The quests are all fetch and grind. The environment is stale and if you wait in the same area for more then 10 mins you will de a lot of Déjà vu. Failed imho.
  75. Jun 4, 2014
    Beautiful art design (even if the style isn't your cup of tea, it's done well), amazing character animations and a gorgeous soundtrack give life to a fun and interesting new world brimming with personality. The game itself is an mmo, there's no getting around that. Anyone coming to the game expecting something other than a somewhat classic mmo is likely to be disappointed. But for thoseBeautiful art design (even if the style isn't your cup of tea, it's done well), amazing character animations and a gorgeous soundtrack give life to a fun and interesting new world brimming with personality. The game itself is an mmo, there's no getting around that. Anyone coming to the game expecting something other than a somewhat classic mmo is likely to be disappointed. But for those of us who love mmos, love the questing, the exploring, the crafting and all that an mmo can offer the developers at Carbine have created a wonderful game that they've obviously poured their hearts into.

The dedication of the developers is evident not just in the game however, but also in their direct and honest interaction with the community. The folks at Carbine have reset the standard when it comes to community involvement. When there are problems they own up to them and work diligently to get them fixed as quickly as possible and update the players every step of the way.

Launch for me was the smoothest I've ever seen in an mmo. That being said those who chose pvp servers were faced with incredible queue times due to limited available realms and there were a handful of account and login issues. However before headstart had even finished the devs had worked out patches to address the major issues and were ready to roll out free server transfers to ease the queue issues while also bringing up multiple new servers to handle the additional load. And that's what matters, every game will have bugs and other issues, it's how they're addressed that matters to me most and Carbine has proven time and again that they want to make this the best game experience possible. I hope to be playing this for as long if not longer than my time in WoW. I think I've found my new gaming home.
  76. Jun 5, 2014
    This game so far has a great community of helpful players. It has a distinct cartoony design which makes the world a vibrant and interesting place to explore. I really enjoy the combat - all attacks display the area they will affect, no tab targetting, you just have to make sure the enemy is in your attack area and you're not in theirs ~ this system makes combat feel far more fluid,This game so far has a great community of helpful players. It has a distinct cartoony design which makes the world a vibrant and interesting place to explore. I really enjoy the combat - all attacks display the area they will affect, no tab targetting, you just have to make sure the enemy is in your attack area and you're not in theirs ~ this system makes combat feel far more fluid, positioning and movement play far greater importance. There are plenty more good things about it but it all gets summed up as "really fun" and I recommend people try it. Expand
  77. Jun 3, 2014
    Easily the most feature complete MMO, possibly even comparing it to WoW as it stands today. Combine that with a ridiculously deep end game progression system for solo, group, raid and PvP and players that love MMOs will find no lack of things to do for a long, long time. Again, far different story compared to other recent releases.

If you love WoW, you owe it to yourself to give

If you love WoW, you owe it to yourself to give WildStar a try... it's from the same mold in that it feels familiar, but different enough and deep enough with a great story to suck you in.
  78. Sep 14, 2014
    Beautiful game,Fun combat, Average quests,Grindfest endgame. All n' all not worth paying a subscription for. That being said is it a bad game no absolutely not, the game makes me want to love it. But that charm only caries it so far, just nothing about the game hooks me and makes me say "I want to play this over well...pretty much anything else in my library". And thats the problem, IBeautiful game,Fun combat, Average quests,Grindfest endgame. All n' all not worth paying a subscription for. That being said is it a bad game no absolutely not, the game makes me want to love it. But that charm only caries it so far, just nothing about the game hooks me and makes me say "I want to play this over well...pretty much anything else in my library". And thats the problem, I cannot justify paying a sub for that... oh well it was some fun for about three months anyway. Expand
  79. Aug 2, 2014
    Hopefully Wildstar is the last of the mmorpgs who started development 5 years or so ago that attempted to capitalize of WoW's success by coping systems and design.
  80. Jul 17, 2014
    Phenomenal game. The MMO market is competitive considering the monthly fee's or the micro transactions, not even accounting how much time needs to be invested sometimes. It's hard to pick up a new MMO when so much has been invested into other games, but WildStar is the first one in a decade that's worth it, and it's better than any other.

Combat is incredibly fluid, polished and

Combat is incredibly fluid, polished and refreshing. Questing and leveling is miles ahead of other games, with so many different options for how to level, how to do quests and how to play it doesn't feel like a grind anymore.

End game is fully alive and the game is only a month old. The game launched with end game PvP and PvE and within a month already had another major content drop, with another already being tested on the PTR.

The game is great, it's fun and it's constantly updated. This is the real deal. Try it, try and get to the higher levels and experience as much as you can on just one months time. Chances are you'll want to keep playing.
  81. Jul 24, 2014
    Just finished my first dungeon in Wildstar and have to say I am amazed. The leveling is dull but that is to be expected imo it is after all a MMO. The fun starts at late game. I just reached level 20 (minimum level for the que up) and wanted to see if the dungeon system was any good. Every pack of creeps had to be dealt with in a specif way, every part of the combat was fun as there wasJust finished my first dungeon in Wildstar and have to say I am amazed. The leveling is dull but that is to be expected imo it is after all a MMO. The fun starts at late game. I just reached level 20 (minimum level for the que up) and wanted to see if the dungeon system was any good. Every pack of creeps had to be dealt with in a specif way, every part of the combat was fun as there was no tank and spank, people had to move around and actually focus on the game otherwise we would all die.
    I have played the game for 12 hours of game time and love it. It's fun and challenging.
    The dungeon took my group 68 minutes with 4 wipes and in the end a score board pops up on your screen, looking at the result it felt amazing, our time sucked, bronze but that just means that I have to step up my game for the next run.
    Play the game people, the response time on the support site was under an hour when I needed assistance with something.
    Can't find a thing to really say was bad about this game.
    *HypnoToad* BUY IT
  82. Jun 3, 2014
    The best game ever! Fresh, interesting, great community and loads of content. Combat system is perfect and quests and challenges make the game very enjoyable. 10/10.
  83. Jul 9, 2014
    No Australian Servers not worth playing. PVP and PVE both hindered by lack of servers located in either AU or South East Asia makes pvp unfair the game shouldn't even be marketed without local servers
  84. Jun 3, 2014
    For me, this is the best MMO i´ve played in years. Everyone can judge on it´s own, but if u like MMO´s u should definitely give it a try. The 3 days in Headstart i enjoyed every minute with the game with a very nice community (atm). And it´s not just a phrase, the dev´s a truly listening.
  85. Jun 8, 2014
    Great game. Skill shot style abilities and a fleshed out talent tree are what shines the most to me. Buggy at times but provides a lot more than any other MMO has at launch.
  86. Jun 20, 2014
    Some of the worst optimization I've seen, I mean i can play LOTRO high settings, RuneScape high settings, WoW high settings but no not WildStar even with all the options turned down to the lowest (which makes the game look so bad it's not worth playing) I still lagg.

Apart from that the gameplay is OK, the quests are fairly interesting and slightly better than other games, the environment is different but I couldn't care less about it TBH, yes it's art style is nice but I mean there are so many games which use this "cartoon art style" it's starting to get boring. The combat is different enough and works well enough to class it as a refreshing change. The story again I couldn't care less about it, maybe that's because I play games like RuneScape and LOTRO which has amazing story content, but yeah the wildstar story never gripped me during my time with the game.

Overall It's worth a look if you're an MMO player just to test it out, but I personally see Wildstar as a secondary MMO something I'd turn to when I get bored of grinding in my main MMOs, it's like the Chromebook of the MMO world.
  87. Aug 8, 2014
    Updated Review as of 8/8/14:
    Originally I gave Wildstar an 8 out of 10 and I believe at the time, it was worth it. However it seems like now they are doing everything they can to chase away their playerbase so I have had to add a few more negatives to the overall score.
    Original Review 6/23/14: I actually came to this site on a whim because a friend of mine bought me Wildstar because
    Updated Review as of 8/8/14:

Original Review 6/23/14:
    I actually came to this site on a whim because a friend of mine bought me Wildstar because he wanted someone to jam with and I was wondering what score people were giving it. I have played many MMOs including: EQ, Asheron's Call, AC2(beta), WoW(beta), Eve, Rift(beta), Guild Wars 1 and 2(beta), DDO, SWTOR(beta), Planetside, Warhammer(beta), FF11, FF14(beta) and many others. Skip the next paragraph labelled 'RANT' to start the review.

RANT: Before I start I just have to say to all those 'rating a game lower just to balance out the score'; Grow up. You are giving one rating for one game. If someone else feels the game/movie/show is the best thing ever, WHO CARES; Good for them they found their dream game/movie/show. When I see a review with a rating of '0' I don't even bother reading anymore. Giving a rating of '0' says you enjoyed NOTHING about the game and the game had NO merit. Which means one of two things A)You are a moron for picking up a game type you don't like so much that you would rather have your teeth pulled without meds or B) The game had so many flaws that you could not actually play it and neither could anyone else. As someone who has been part of team working to create a game I can tell you which is the more likely choice.

Wildstar is the new MMORPG by the producers of the Guild Wars series, Lineage series, Aion, and other MMOs. Basically all they seem to do is make MMOs.

MMORPG means you must expect rpg elements(character leveling, character stats, gear) in a massive environment filled with other people. `IF YOU CAME LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE.
    Every new MMO(that I've tried) seems to try to add something new to the genre to get their own niche in the market(and attract those looking for a WoW slayer). Wildstar is not new in this, but they do have some interesting things that they bring to the table.

PROS:
    Voice Acting: I have never heard better voice acting in an MMO.
    Wildstar humor: They have their own edgy, odd, but fairly funny humor, Cupcake.(Watch a vid and see if you like the humor)
    Credd: I like subscription games that allow you to exchange ingame gold with subscription time with NO other benefits like pay-to-win.
    Housing: Odd how much time one is willing to spend at your own House running Challenges.
    Telegraph System(system showing area of ground that will be effected by a particular ability): Probably Wildstar's biggest niche MMO contribution. Player Telegraphs don't get too amazing but some of the bosses(and even regular npcs sometimes) get amazingly complex telegraphs.

CONS:
    Minor annoying bugs- Opening up a "Boom-Box" gift one time didn't show the item(only an empty space) for about 10 minutes.
    I love to PvP in whatever MMO I play. It's my favorite thing to do. Healing in PvP is has now been broken(unplayable) for a week now. You cannot keep yourself alive much less another person. It's not a certain class or spec, but ALL HEALING.
    I have dealt with minor class imbalances before in the variety of MMOs I have played. I am likely using rosecolored glasses in looking back, but I don't ever remember it being this bad before.

Neither a PRO or a CON, but just some things that need mentioning.
    The skill system doesn't really seem to pick up until about 25. So if the skills and amps seems boring up until there, thats why. They have the same type of skill limit that Guild Wars has. Some people love it, some people hate it.

Total Points:
    Start with Average 5
    +1 Humor
    +1 Voice Acting
    +1 Credd
    +1 Housing
    +1 Telegraph System
    -2 Bugs(the amount of bugs is getting ridiculous)
    -1 PvP being unplayable for more than a week with no end still in sight.
    -1 Class imbalance getting further and further out of proportion.
    -1 Dev focus being to fix minor issues (fixed Chua-fatter-than-normal and fixed Aurin Males slack-jaw) before broken skills/amps/quests

Overall:5

I going to leave out the low population on many servers because that can actually being fixed by the players by switching to a different server. Also going to leave out the caustic forum environments because you don't have to read player forums to gather info.

Buy/Wait/Not Buy Suggestion- If you are looking for a new MMORPG, currently look elsewhere. Maybe come back in 2-3 months. Though I can't see myself giving it less than 5-6 months if I go back.
  88. Jun 4, 2014
    I have played WoW and other MMOs and I would never give an MMO a bad review just to make another game look better. That's pretty cheesy and lame.

That said...I'm really enjoying Wildstar. I've only got to about level 20 but it'sa very well done and well animated game. For those who want perfect animation in their MMOs, this one is it. Also, great atmosphere and fun quests that are out of the ordinary. I loved the weightlessness quest but I won't say anymore.
  89. Mar 17, 2015
    I was very enthralled with the game and its promise for satisfying my PvP itch, but after reaching 60, I came to realize that it was neither interested nor knowledgeable in how to implement player-versus-player in an MMO. Coming to that knowledge made for one of the biggest let-downs recent gaming years.

All the pieces of the puzzle are here, and they couldn't figure out how to put it together. Class balance, matchmaking and equipment are all difficult challenges to overcome, but there are failed attempts and then there is whatever happened to Wildstar.
  90. Jun 11, 2014
    Saying that NCSOFT took a big risk by not following suit with the MMO trends is a good description for nearly every aspect of this game. It's art style is unique and has a tendency to look like a moving web comic with all it's colors and animated expressions, explosions, and characters. There is a lot of humor laid into the game, not overwhelming, but helps break the monotony. The pathSaying that NCSOFT took a big risk by not following suit with the MMO trends is a good description for nearly every aspect of this game. It's art style is unique and has a tendency to look like a moving web comic with all it's colors and animated expressions, explosions, and characters. There is a lot of humor laid into the game, not overwhelming, but helps break the monotony. The path system helps to relieve some of the bore of binge questing. The combat is fun, fast, and unique. If you have been waiting for a game to truly take some new steps in the MMO genre, it's been a long wait, but the game is finally here. Expand
  91. Jun 26, 2014
    So far I'm only lvl 26, playing as a stalker, but what i really have to point out is the player housing.
    By far the absolute best playing housing i have ever seen.
    By far the absolute best playing housing i have ever seen.
    Apart from the default houses you can plot onto your lot, you can actually use items like blocks, floor tiles, wall panels, and pillars to actually BUILD an extra house on your land. The advanced editor lets you move size and angle anything you want, just PERFECTLY.
    And if you make your Furniture/ceilings realistic sizes as one of the non-giant races, you'll notice the houses are actually quite huge

I find my self happily spending HOURS working on my house in this game
    and I can see myself still playing this for years to come

Also the CREDD system is amazing. ((I wont fill my review with an explanation of it, you can Google it)

Seriously. Get it.
    Finally a good MMO.
    FINALLY.
  92. Jun 5, 2014
    It has been a long time since I was so captivated by a MMO. It has everything I want: a complex and phenomenal housing system, roleplay support, diverse and challenging PvE and PvP, even 40 vs 40 PvP matches, and a great graphical style. Yes, I am a complete fanboy - it has been over 10 years since I could last call me that. Highly recommended!
  93. Jun 16, 2014
    Words cannot express how sick and tired of these clones I am.
    A 60 dollar price tag and 15 dollar a month sub?
    The "Most feature complete MMORPG to be released since WoW." That is the most laughable claim of all the laughable claims they made. I promised WoW would be the last, then I promised Aion would be the last, then I promised TERA would be the last, well I freaking guarentee you
    Words cannot express how sick and tired of these clones I am.
    A 60 dollar price tag and 15 dollar a month sub?
    I promised WoW would be the last, then I promised Aion would be the last, then I promised TERA would be the last, well I freaking guarentee you this is the last. Wildstar just broke the camel's back. Any hope or desire I ever had to experience another MMORPG is forever gone. I officially despise MMORPGs now.
    Go die in a fire, MMORPGS.
    Someone just hand me an XBox controller and a CoD game. That crap MUST be better than this junk.
  94. Jun 10, 2014
    This MMO makes a lot of fu****** fun.
    It feels like they made sth. new and combined it with the best part of other MMOs.
    PvP is amazing because of the fighting mechanics.
    Dungeons are a lot of fun because of the dodging elements.
    PvE rewards you with the perfect amount of Items and EXP.
  95. Aug 8, 2014
    Incredibly incredibly boring. I thought it would be great to try a new game after ten years of WoW, but I was wrong. We made it only to level 15, and then dropped. Same quests, same dark zones, same depressing music. Levelling is so slow so I was yawning since 5th level. Plot is so twisted I could not understand a grain. Zones are so empty so it feels like you play solo game. Interface isIncredibly incredibly boring. I thought it would be great to try a new game after ten years of WoW, but I was wrong. We made it only to level 15, and then dropped. Same quests, same dark zones, same depressing music. Levelling is so slow so I was yawning since 5th level. Plot is so twisted I could not understand a grain. Zones are so empty so it feels like you play solo game. Interface is unintuitive. Maybe after 50th level you will get some fun in raids, but I doubt it, after 200 or 300 hours of boring levelling you will want nothing, but to end this soon. Expand
  96. Jun 12, 2014
    Wildstar is a fully-featured, well-polished Wow clone with high production values. That pretty much sums it up, it all boils down to wether you have the free time and are ready to endure the slow grind to level 50.

Quests, setting & story, graphics, everything ranges from forgetable to downright tedious. It has all been done before, even the suposedly novel telegraph-based combat gameplay which is nothing more than what all action-MMO (such as Neverwinter) have been doing for the past 3 years... Spells and abilities are remarkably scarce and generic. I appreciate their decision to grant two roles (from among dps, healer or tank) to every class, but the very reduced number of spells ends up negating any diversity : as role X, class Y will always be played the same.

The passive (talent) system succeeds in being both ultra-generic (nodes are named "Critical I, Critical II, Critical III", etc...) and grindy as some higher-tiered nodes can only be looted, or bought, or farmed. The UI for skills and their assignment to the action-bar is remarkably tedious. Oh and let's mention the crafting system : it tries to be original but manages to be unintuitive as hell, in addition to being of course much more expensive and time-consuming than it is rewarding.

One of the game's arguably biggest strength is its dungeon-system. While very classical, the instances are indeed challenging. That's a good thing if you have a stable companion group, if you don't it also means you'll soon reconcile with every hazard you have known in pugs : leavers, whiners, ninja-looters, afkers, etc...

It pains me to be so harsh as it's obvious a great deal of work has done into the making of Wildstar. The content is indeed plentiful, and the polish is undeniable. But at the end of the day, it's the same ol' MMO stuff we have been fed for the last 10 years. Some players mention having felt the "vanilla wow magic" again, that's hardly surprising as, let's face it, despite a few ugrades, this is nothing more than "Vanilla Wow in space", minus the well-known background.
  97. Sep 23, 2014
    Wildstar has some truly excellent features including fully packed in-game housing and customisability, tonnes of content, a visceral combat system and a sense of humour so why do I rate it a 5 and not a 10?

1) The game is extremely poorly optimised. Even 3 months in, the games selling point - "Raids!" play at an excruciating 12 frames per second average on my machine (specs: Devils Canyon CPU running @ 4.6 Ghz, 16 gig of Ram, AMD R9 290 GPU, PCIE Plextor SSD's). The graphics are cartoony and well stylised but really shouldn't be grinding my system to a halt.

2) Bugs, lots of them, game breaking ones too. The main Raid attunement questline has multiple bugs blocking progression. Every single adventure and Dungeon in the game has multiple boss bugs and exploits. Every class has bugged skills and abilities. The Medic class currently has an ability glitch allowing Medics to do double the damage of anyone else. This was introduced as a bug fix!

3) All of the questing content is generic and well boring. The maps and UI are confusing and cluttered and the quests struggle to engage the player in a meaningful way. Most of the content consists of grindy daily quests.

4) The path system lacks depth and balance across paths

Part of the problem is that when Carbine have attempted to fix existing bugs and optimise the game the changes they make have made things progressively worse. The game is buggier now a few months on than it was on release.

The only reason to play Wildstar is for dungeons content and raiding in my opinion. Currently while the Dungeons and Raids are very good and a lot of fun, progression is constantly frustrated by poor itemisation, lacklustre rewards, and bugged progression.

This sadly isn't working for Carbine as servers are fast becoming ghost towns. They really need to review their Q&A practices as the game is getting worse rather than better with every patch in terms of bugs and overall playability.
  98. Jun 20, 2014
    This game is going set an positive impression for future MMO'S. I am level 50 and have played many,many MMO's. By far this is the most polished and best game play experience I have ever encountered.

This is not your typical tab targeting game play--there is skilled involved. Player Housing Is Incredible! end game content is already implemented Challenges after Challenges --Dungeons

This is not your typical tab targeting game play--there is skilled involved.
    Player Housing Is Incredible!
    end game content is already implemented
    Challenges after Challenges --Dungeons are like 5 man raids
    You can play game for free with the CREDD system.
    Great story line!
    Armor,weapons,mobs all look like end game that you would see in other games--you will see from level 1.
    great DEV support -- True gamers themselves.
    Soundtrack is Awesome Awesome!
    And So Much More!

Cons:
    Get grindy at higher level content - ( it is a MMO afterall ) -- But I solo'd I highly Recommend a friend or two too help -
    a few bugs need to be ironed out

Do yourself a favor and play this game. If you have played other MMOs in the past I believe you will be thoroughly impressed.

** Play till level 20 -- don't judge the game till then**

What you waiting for cupcake?
  99. Sep 25, 2014
    Not even worth the time it takes to install this game. None of the comedy from the game trailers is in the game at all. The quests are very boring to read and to complete. The only positive aspect of this game is the housing but if you've got Minecraft then you already have a better game.

Every person I know that got this game quit within the first month (I quit after a week and a half). Most got to max level to find that the only way to successfully complete a dungeon (with a decent ranking for good loot) was to run only with people from the guild. So unless you have a guild full of competent people that don't mind running some of the most boring content in an MMO there really isn't a reason to get this game.

You can literally pick ANY other MMO on the market and they are better than this game.
  100. Jul 15, 2014
    I wouldn't be as scathing towards the game unlike some reviews I've seen, however, I am slightly upset by the increasingly common MMO mentality of; end game (or Elder Game in this case) is where the game starts.

The more innovative moments come in the form of an expansive crafting system where you feel rewarded for making items that you can actually use, and not make an item just so then you can make another item and so on. Consider the Carbine Business Model too, which promotes C.R.E.D.D use; a system which allows you to "play to pay" or sell C.R.E.D.D for gold, marginalising gold farmers and appealing to both casual and hardcore gamers.

The housing isn't the first seen in MMOs, and might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I found it a pleasant distraction and a wonderful dimension to the game. If you don't share the same sentiment however, it can be a nuisance as it's where you'll need to go to be granted your rested XP.

The combat is dynamic and fluid, whilst the environments are excellently designed and not too demanding on your graphics card. Above all, it was the humour that I found exceptional. It's refreshing to be greeted by a serious MMO that disguises itself by not being serious. The over-zealous narration when you level up, congratulating you that you made it to "club badass" in the midst of the excessive "vwoosh" sound we're familiar with and a Level-Up splash looking like an 80's glam rock logo broke up some of the arduous elements.

Speaking of which, the questing. As I said, it's becoming increasingly annoying that MMO gamers are obsessed with the endgame content. I admit, it's the meat of the game, but it makes me question why you journeyed through all the preceding elements. In WildStar, the questing and PvE is, for want of a better word, typical. A mixture of fetching, killing, exploring and then handing in etc. Rinse and repeat and you'll progress through the game. No frills, just get on with it.

Fortunately, dungeons, adventures and PvP allow you to choose how you level up. You're not entered into PvE and obligated to stay there. You can find other avenues of interest which reward your character with loot and more.

Finally, a special mention to the setup of the skills. This has to be one of the best ways I've used a skill tree. Firstly, it was refreshing to say the least that I wasn't bombarded with skills. Instead, at certain levels you can purchase the ones you like the look of. The confusion that used to come with skills, and whether or not they were good for your build, makes this innovation something that will appeal to newcomers to MMOs and ease them in gently, whilst giving needed flexibility to more seasoned players. Further to this, the AMP system. Making little tweaks to your build can mean the difference in any given scenario. It compliments the fact that there are a variety of scenarios, so this is most certainly a well thought out addition which doesn't reek of change for the sake of change.

All in all, this game may ever so slightly be a victim of its marketing success, but not to the point where it shouldn't be considered as a welcome addition to the MMO genre. It's fun, and isn't that why we play games in the first place?

1. Oct 29, 2014
    Carbine never was set to reinvent the wheel. But they put a nice set of custom rims on their vehicle. And then they strapped the whole thing on a space shuttle and send it into space.
  2. Oct 28, 2014
    For those burnt out on WOW's content, WildStar is easy to endorse. Immediately familiar to anyone who's visited Azeroth and with enough new twists on the tried-and-tested theme park formula, Carbine's game is so overflowing with stuff to do that it's certainly justified in asking for a subscription - even if less people seem prepared to sign up to one.
  3. Oct 20, 2014
    Wildstar banks on hardcore raid and instance difficulty as well as its excellently implemented "dancing" real time combat mechanic to offer something significantly new and fresh to the MMORPG scene. Low server population and annoying hints of a "Pay To Win More" model hold it back in certain areas, but it has all the potential of becoming a well established and much loved setting for years to come.