Wings of Prey PC

• Publisher: YuPlay
  • Release Date: Dec 25, 2009
7.8

1. Mar 7, 2012
    The graphics for Wings of Prey are absolutely spectacular--very impressive. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience with combat flight simulator type games so I'm not sure if they just inherently play slow--very few moments of intensity surrounded by hours of boredom. Well that's how this one came off to me. If you can fight through the boredom to get to those moments, it's a goodThe graphics for Wings of Prey are absolutely spectacular--very impressive. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience with combat flight simulator type games so I'm not sure if they just inherently play slow--very few moments of intensity surrounded by hours of boredom. Well that's how this one came off to me. If you can fight through the boredom to get to those moments, it's a good game. But, I prefer instant gratification. Expand
  2. Jul 9, 2011
    Very few planes to fly as, the controls are rather unresponsive and the camera movement sucks. If you want a good aircraft simulator, go for IL2 Sturmovik 1946, it may not look as great, but it plays a hell of a lot better and has far more aircraft models. All up, this game is fun & I had a good time playing it, but the controls and game play let me down, especially when it came to theVery few planes to fly as, the controls are rather unresponsive and the camera movement sucks. If you want a good aircraft simulator, go for IL2 Sturmovik 1946, it may not look as great, but it plays a hell of a lot better and has far more aircraft models. All up, this game is fun & I had a good time playing it, but the controls and game play let me down, especially when it came to the camera when flying outside of the plane. Expand
  3. Mar 4, 2011
    Wings of Prey is based around the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the war's most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are six theatres of war to engage in - The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Adrennes and Berlin representing the main airborneWings of Prey is based around the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the war's most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are six theatres of war to engage in - The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Adrennes and Berlin representing the main airborne battles for World War II in Europe.

First words: Scenery Ace! What a gem this game is. If you're into simulator games like the big Microsoft X Flight sim or racing simulators don't put this one away. The game provides a pivotal platform with dynamic fight scenes and excellent control whilst fighting warships to 1 on 1 fighter planes. You'll be lost within the spectacular scenery plus the details of fields, tree's and cities as they are somewhat amazing! I must agree with the game developers on this one that they do hold one of the best looking flight simulators to date.

As you can see from the trailer, it is well designed, planned and by all means shows off those excellent details. Though for me when playing the game like all flight simulators you do to somewhat lose your bearings in some dog fights. Remember this is World War II simulator, they didn't have an arrow pointing towards the enemy... You actually got to use well firstly common sense but also be able to keep on track/behind your enemy at all times. Failure in doing this leads to well... "Good luck trying to find him again".

The missions are pretty well developed and presented with historic battles such as Battle of Britain and Stalingrad taking place. I also like how the fact you have to take off and land on most of these missions just like you would in real time. It gives more involvement within the story as if you're the decisive person if we win this war or not.

Though there are some negatives to this game. Firstly the controls, if you don't have a controller or joystick good luck trying to actually fly as flying with the mouse is somewhat impossible! The keyboard layout is also some what confusing as I rightly remember. You would think that the letter "G" would be gears up or gears down... But not in this one. They really need to improve on there key mapping for the default setting. Yes, granted you can change them yourself but do you really want to be doing that for 20 minutes before playing the game? Thought not....

Overall here are the scores

Gameplay - 8/10
    Playability - 5/10
    Graphics - 8/10
    Sound - 8/10

Overall this game score a 7.25. There's a broad range of ideas which the developers could have improved but then again there are some points which they have excelled on. For example lasting appeal: There's loads of content available for the player but on some of the multiplayer modes it's generally the same...
  4. Dec 7, 2015
    I would say the game rating here is pretty accurate. It's a decent WWII flying simulator with just enough complexity to be better than arcade flyers and not scare average gamer away.
  5. Jan 27, 2013
    i like this game but i feal it needs more planes i love the game play although i am playing it with an xbox controller on pc i want to buy a joystick soon, it supports many joysticks. i bought this off steam and activating it was a pain and the patch didnt work either the menus like to freeze up on the launcher at login and the mutliplayer online crashed a few times i love the gameplay ii like this game but i feal it needs more planes i love the game play although i am playing it with an xbox controller on pc i want to buy a joystick soon, it supports many joysticks. i bought this off steam and activating it was a pain and the patch didnt work either the menus like to freeze up on the launcher at login and the mutliplayer online crashed a few times i love the gameplay i wish every thing else built around the game would be better i give this a 7 due to its great graphics and good game play for the price it was a good buy i think Expand
  6. Jul 13, 2016
    The game does very well when it comes to simulation of combat flying. Problem is it sucks in just about everything else. Missions are always the same - kill planes, destroy ground targets. You don't need to take off or land, and there is no "story" of any kind. So the missions become boring quite quickly. There is one good moment when you need to rescue a pilot who ditched his plane. ThisThe game does very well when it comes to simulation of combat flying. Problem is it sucks in just about everything else. Missions are always the same - kill planes, destroy ground targets. You don't need to take off or land, and there is no "story" of any kind. So the missions become boring quite quickly. There is one good moment when you need to rescue a pilot who ditched his plane. This is good. If only there would be more things like that.

Enemy AI is also a problem. It happens all too often that enemies just aim at you and go after you no matter what. In that case, if you don't want to die, you must turn and run as fast as possible, circling the map while 20-25 planes are chasing you, and you can't stop or you die immediately. So you circle and repeatedly choose one of your chasers and command your wingmen to attack him. Although the enemy planes maintain level flight because they aren't doing anything but chasing you, your wingmen have big trouble shooting them down. It is completely ridiculous.

Last but not least problem is obvious overpowering Russian planes, while at the same time making any Western allies' planes barely usable. Really stupid move. Other than that, the game is decent.
  7. Feb 13, 2011
    itbe1984
    Nov 30, 2010
    2 I'm glad I bought Wings of Prey (WoP) for only 15 dollars, hats off to Steam for amazing deals. Now with that said, WoP should only cost 15 dollars new. Its essentially IL-2 with all the personality gutted and HDR bloom effects to replace it. The campaign mode is horrible for anyone looking for something more then casual game play. If the player wants hardcore game
    itbe1984
    Nov 30, 2010
    I'm glad I bought Wings of Prey (WoP) for only 15 dollars, hats off to Steam for amazing deals. Now with that said, WoP should only cost 15 dollars new. Its essentially IL-2 with all the personality gutted and HDR bloom effects to replace it. The campaign mode is horrible for anyone looking for something more then casual game play. If the player wants hardcore game play they are stuck with either single missions or very basic quick run missions. The selection of aircraft is deplorable compared to IL-2. Wings of Prey is just extremely limited. To think that the publishers were charging 50 dollars for the larger portion of the year make me queezie. For those of you looking for a good flight sim, buy IL-2 1946. There is a massive modding community behind it, the range of aircraft, missions, and customization beats the pants off of WoP (The **** [pits if it decides to censor me again] in WoP look just like the textures out of IL-2 anyway). If you manage to get bored of that there is a custom mission creator. For the 15 dollars I spent on WoP I could have bought Super Meat Boy, or for 5 dollars more, I could have snagged Amnesia: The Dark Decent. Shoots... I didn't spend my money wisely at all.

Wings of Prey would stand out even if the sim field were considerably more crowded. The concessions and compromises to realism are bound to aggravate purists, but it's a small price to pay for the range of flight models you get here.
  2. Wings Of Prey is a well thought out visual and audio treat to the senses.
  3. For 40$ Wings of Prey Offers a fifty missions long campaign and a mix of arcade style and realistic flight experience.