Wizardry Online PC

5.4

1. Feb 3, 2013
    The game plays well, when it works. It does have a lot of potential, but the player will determine what kind that is. The PvP aspect (being able loot any player when dead or attack any one, for the penalty of becoming a Criminal) is interesting, but easily going to upset some players. Deleting your character data when you fail to revive 2 times in a row is a new concept that will upsetThe game plays well, when it works. It does have a lot of potential, but the player will determine what kind that is. The PvP aspect (being able loot any player when dead or attack any one, for the penalty of becoming a Criminal) is interesting, but easily going to upset some players. Deleting your character data when you fail to revive 2 times in a row is a new concept that will upset people when being hunted in higher level dungeons, but being able to put a bounty on them with another character and all vault inventory is account wide so its not hard to recover from losing someone. All in all, the game has a great amount of potential. Sadly, at this time, there are only 2 servers (US and Europe), so be prepared for lag jumping, long load times (something 5-10 min), and random disconnects. This is a game to keep an eye on, but there is no telling how long that may be. Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    It's a okay MMO, but the hardcore pvp and perma death isn't there. Which is kinda a good thing since playing solo is quite difficult and you will be dying a lot.
  3. Nov 19, 2013
    Malheureusement, si on y porte un regard panoramique, Wizardry Online reste une véritable déception qui gâche des idées et un concept intéressant cause de maladresses dans la réalisation, sans compter quelques étonnants choix de gameplay. Son aspect free-to-play reste un appel du pied aux joueurs qui devraient toutefois l'essayer juste au cas où, même s'il est fort possible que beaucoupMalheureusement, si on y porte un regard panoramique, Wizardry Online reste une véritable déception qui gâche des idées et un concept intéressant cause de maladresses dans la réalisation, sans compter quelques étonnants choix de gameplay. Son aspect free-to-play reste un appel du pied aux joueurs qui devraient toutefois l'essayer juste au cas où, même s'il est fort possible que beaucoup en reviennent rapidement. Expand
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    Okay, let me set things straight here. There is NOT "perma-death" but the CHANCE of perma-death. So what? did you WANT to lose the character that you spent HUNDREDS of hours on? Didn't think so. second, HALF of the people rating this game are current-generation gamers, and have no idea that games are supposed to be CHALLENGING. I have a love-hate relationship with this game. i'm only aOkay, let me set things straight here. There is NOT "perma-death" but the CHANCE of perma-death. So what? did you WANT to lose the character that you spent HUNDREDS of hours on? Didn't think so. second, HALF of the people rating this game are current-generation gamers, and have no idea that games are supposed to be CHALLENGING. I have a love-hate relationship with this game. i'm only a level 7 so far, and things are going pretty slow right now, because of Pkers and overpowered enemies in low level dungeons, I've already been killed by Pylock, the most sought after kill in the game as of now, with 24 bounties on his head, but he didn't loot anything. You know why? I have lower level items bought in shops that have a little blue shield icon. I can't even begin about how important it is to use this gear, it makes you save so much money on replacing stolen equipment in the beginning, don't use it very long, though.

Also, notice how I'm making fixes for B.S. complaints in low rated-reviews.

If you turn into ash, you obviously didn't have the scale at 100%. ALWAYS have it at 100%.
    The guard A.I. is still glitchy, but they're patching it.
    Also, what kind of complaint is having to restart to have to change the resolution?
    I have yet to see a SINGLE PERSON be using hacks. You can't hack MMORPG's that easily.
    The only "bots" in this game are people who AFK after setting up a shop.
    @JamieLee, OH REALLY? I didn't know you were supposed to pay for something at an auction?!
    Language filters are mandatory, but HEY GUESS WHAT?! YOU CAN TURN IT OFF!
    If you're good at the game, you can lay down a trap as a thief and use it on the fighter, and pvp always comes with a price, someones going to start hunting you. If you kill that everyone at an auction, you're going to be a criminal, and everyone you kill is going to team up and kill you. nobody is going to take that lightly.
    Take Dracon as an example, everybody hates him as he is a level 21 (or 23 I forgot) and kills people randomly in the middle of town, yes he is a major douche. He even killed me while I was in the Cloak Room (which is like RuneScape's bank) with other people around.
    It is a great game with a few (fixable) problems, I have already made complaints to the developers about half of these issues, and they usually fix something when I request it.
    Badger, out

1. CD-Action
    Apr 5, 2013
    Will the thrill provided by permadeath be enough to keep people playing this new Wizardry that is not really a Wizardry? [CD-Action 04/2013, p.72]
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    Wizardry Online is jagged around the edges, but manages to pull off a few interesting tricks.
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    Even though it carries a venerable name and promotes hardcore mechanics Wizardry Online is just a very ordinary frumpy roleplaying game.