5.4

1. Apr 22, 2013
    The thing about Wizardry is it is a game most new age players will take a glance at and run away. It does not give you instant gratification, it does not give you awesome eye candy. What it does give you is a difficult experience right out the starting gate. The game challenges you to work through complex dungeons and encourages you to find others to work with. Does it have its problems?The thing about Wizardry is it is a game most new age players will take a glance at and run away. It does not give you instant gratification, it does not give you awesome eye candy. What it does give you is a difficult experience right out the starting gate. The game challenges you to work through complex dungeons and encourages you to find others to work with. Does it have its problems? Yes, but you can work around them, and a lot of the issues it had on launch are fixed now, I think that was mainly an unexpected flood and not enough hardware to support it. At any rate, if you can get through the first couple dungeons the game expands a lot and it just seems to get deeper as you go on; it has a depth a lot of games lack nowadays.

I gave this game a favorable review because it reminds me of the old school games I used to play. You know, back when game devs made things challenging like Mario and the old school RPGs. Wizardry combines a lot of elements like deep dungeons, challenging monsters, and the ability to kill anyone anywhere. There is an underlying sense of danger even in town knowing that a criminal could just randomly kill you and run off, or worse attempt to loot your stuff (also pretty easy to avoid btw if you know your dungeon and rezz fast enough which is both good and bad depending on how you look at it).

This game follows the normal trend of most MMOs where one makes their own story. But it also takes it a step further by allowing one to customize a character and use abilities from other classes as well. You can be a notorious criminal wanted by the entire server for misdeeds, or you can be a protector of the weak, putting criminals in their place; or you can even be a dungeon crawler and treasure hunter, enjoying isolation and exploring deep dungeons with your friends. It has been awhile since I have had the pleasure of playing a game that presented an actual challenge and drew me in.

Thank you for reading my review and I sincerely hope you will consider giving Wizardry a shot. It may seem a little lackluster at first, but the game gets exponentially better the longer you play it and take to figure things out. If you happen to sign in and look for help, message Dracon, I am usually on weekends and evenings.

For those who have taken the time to read my little review thank you.
  2. Apr 26, 2013
    First review, but had to write something after reading the other reviews here.

90% of the user reviews have either mistakes, misconceptions, or straight up lies about the game. To start, yes the graphics are just ok and yes with a few tweaks here and there Permadeath isnt really an issue at all. Which as it turns out is probably a good thing because you will die a lot. The game is
    First review, but had to write something after reading the other reviews here.

To start, yes the graphics are just ok and yes with a few tweaks here and there Permadeath isnt really an issue at all. Which as it turns out is probably a good thing because you will die a lot. The game is very challenging (especially early on) and you are pretty much required to party up and work together after a certain point.

The games systems is deep and complex enough to make up for some of the negatives which for me include: overpriced cash shop, bad translation of dialogue, semi-dis-interesting story line.

I would recommend this game to anyone who is a little more mature of a gamer and is tired of RPG's that feel dumbed down and over simplified to make the instant gratification kiddies feel good about themselves.

Join Wizardry Online and watch the WoW kiddies cry about the game being broken!
  3. Apr 25, 2013
    Game isn't for everyone. I do appreciate that each area is exponentially more difficult and that it is one of those hit box action mmos that require learning controls and actively dodging/blocking attacks.
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    Okay, let me set things straight here. There is NOT "perma-death" but the CHANCE of perma-death. So what? did you WANT to lose the character that you spent HUNDREDS of hours on? Didn't think so. second, HALF of the people rating this game are current-generation gamers, and have no idea that games are supposed to be CHALLENGING. I have a love-hate relationship with this game. i'm only aOkay, let me set things straight here. There is NOT "perma-death" but the CHANCE of perma-death. So what? did you WANT to lose the character that you spent HUNDREDS of hours on? Didn't think so. second, HALF of the people rating this game are current-generation gamers, and have no idea that games are supposed to be CHALLENGING. I have a love-hate relationship with this game. i'm only a level 7 so far, and things are going pretty slow right now, because of Pkers and overpowered enemies in low level dungeons, I've already been killed by Pylock, the most sought after kill in the game as of now, with 24 bounties on his head, but he didn't loot anything. You know why? I have lower level items bought in shops that have a little blue shield icon. I can't even begin about how important it is to use this gear, it makes you save so much money on replacing stolen equipment in the beginning, don't use it very long, though.

Also, notice how I'm making fixes for B.S. complaints in low rated-reviews.

If you turn into ash, you obviously didn't have the scale at 100%. ALWAYS have it at 100%.
    The guard A.I. is still glitchy, but they're patching it.
    Also, what kind of complaint is having to restart to have to change the resolution?
    I have yet to see a SINGLE PERSON be using hacks. You can't hack MMORPG's that easily.
    The only "bots" in this game are people who AFK after setting up a shop.
    @JamieLee, OH REALLY? I didn't know you were supposed to pay for something at an auction?!
    Language filters are mandatory, but HEY GUESS WHAT?! YOU CAN TURN IT OFF!
    If you're good at the game, you can lay down a trap as a thief and use it on the fighter, and pvp always comes with a price, someones going to start hunting you. If you kill that everyone at an auction, you're going to be a criminal, and everyone you kill is going to team up and kill you. nobody is going to take that lightly.
    Take Dracon as an example, everybody hates him as he is a level 21 (or 23 I forgot) and kills people randomly in the middle of town, yes he is a major douche. He even killed me while I was in the Cloak Room (which is like RuneScape's bank) with other people around.
    It is a great game with a few (fixable) problems, I have already made complaints to the developers about half of these issues, and they usually fix something when I request it.
    Badger, out
  5. Jun 17, 2013
    Over all this is a fun game, sure its hard to progress solo but not impossible for the first few dungeons. This game is not for people seeking an easy payoff its far from beginner friendly. In the end you get what you put into the game. Don't get me wrong this game has problems (bad graphics, random disconnection, low population, awful story line, lots of errand quest), but what mmoOver all this is a fun game, sure its hard to progress solo but not impossible for the first few dungeons. This game is not for people seeking an easy payoff its far from beginner friendly. In the end you get what you put into the game. Don't get me wrong this game has problems (bad graphics, random disconnection, low population, awful story line, lots of errand quest), but what mmo doesn't? Their are highlights also (balanced classes, fear factor, good rpg system, helpful people). I highly recommend this game to people who want a wholesome rpg experience. Expand
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    Okay, a lot of the reviews here are outdated, biased, or misinformed. Most of the ones complaining about connection issues, lag, massive amounts of bugs, etc. are basing this on the game's (admittedly terrible) launch, and things have improved greatly since then. The standard Medium Healing Potion is now purchasable with gold. The claim that you can restore perma-dead characters with moneyOkay, a lot of the reviews here are outdated, biased, or misinformed. Most of the ones complaining about connection issues, lag, massive amounts of bugs, etc. are basing this on the game's (admittedly terrible) launch, and things have improved greatly since then. The standard Medium Healing Potion is now purchasable with gold. The claim that you can restore perma-dead characters with money is, as far as I can tell, outright false and not based on anything.

Sony did not make the game. They published the English-language version of a Japanese-developed game.

As for people complaining about being one-hit killed by monsters they can only do one damage to... this is a Wizardry game. Like the classic Wizardry games, Class of Heroes, or Etrian Odyssey, you're going to need to gain a few levels just to be able to make it safely past the first floor of the first dungeon. If that's not appealing to you, I'm not sure why you even tried playing, and if you didn't expect that going in, maybe you should have done a little more research into what it meant when it said "Wizardry."

Now that pointing out the problems with the other reviews is over with, let's go with my review proper.

The game is good. It's incredibly faithful to the Wizardry series, only as an MMORPG with an action-based combat system. It's viciously difficult, risks permanent death (though the game does keep you from dying permanently in Soul Rank 1, its equivalent to "Newbie Levels"), has open world free-for-all PvP that's meaningfully incentivized and disincentivized, has some gorgeous, well-laid-out dungeons, fun combat, great music, and is all-around intriguing and nice.

Now, on to the bad: Cash shop prices are high, and a lot of items are cash-shop exclusive that seem like they ought not to be though you do need a specific in-game currency in addition to Station Cash to buy cash shop items, so you can't just roll over it by having more money than everyone else without putting at least a token effort into gaining that currency. The translation is mediocre it's generally comprehensible, but is weird and inconsistent. The servers are absolutely dead between a troubled launch and people warning people away from the game based on outdated information, there's barely anyone on.
  7. Nov 16, 2013
    Wizardry Online is an online rpg developed by Japanese Developers Gamepot and Headlock. In the west, it is published by SOE.

Based off the long running Wizardry Franchise, Wizardry Online is an action RPG featuring: + Active battle system -------- No waiting for turns, you're in complete control to attack, block, dodge etc. If an enemy lands an attack, it'll hurt). + Class Change

+ Active battle system --------

+ Class Change System ------------
    A unique and deep system that allows you to take skills from other classws to develop your own unique class. You can become a Fighter that can cast devestating spells from Mage Class, a Mage with stealth from Thief class etc. This system grows as you progress, unlocking more options and possibilties.

+ Proper Dungeons----------
    Bored of dungeons in other mmo's that are just long corridors of enemies and a boss at the end?
    Wizardry Online will have you solving enemies, avoiding environmental traps and multiple boss battles with an Open PvP always on.

+ Open PvP-----------
    Attack anyone you want, anywhere you like. Even towns allow open PvP. Players who hunt other normal players will be branded as criminals with a red glow. Normal players can attack criminals with no crime offenses.
    So do you have what it takes to be a criminal, with risk of being sent to prison or becoming a wanted player with a bounty on your head?

+ Permadeath Risk--------------
    Permadeath exists as a minor threat and the game offers plenty of options to avoid it. This feature was over-marketed unfortunately which created many false impressions.

+New Dungeons every 1-2 months-----
    With a new dungeon being added every 1-2 months, there will always be new content to explore and new enemies to face. Finally a game where End Game does not last a year but only a month or two at most.

+Elite Classes-------
    Being added in December 2013, advanced players will be able to change to: Samurai, Ninja, Bishop or Lord.

+No insane Pay2Win walls-------
    No content is locked by pay2win walls, free players can clear all the content just as good as membership players can. Those that complain about memberships have no grasp on the games mechanics or understanding of teamwork. Being a membership offers time saving rewards only like better exp rate that do not effect the game in a negative manner.

I have played this game for 1000+ hours as a free-to-play gamer and still enjoy playing this game.

This is a party-heavy grind game that is based off your skill as a player.

Level requirements become extremely big lv30+ and no one in game has hit the level cap yet despite the game being out for almost a year now. (lvl cap is currently level 50, but this will be raised in a few months too).

Play this game:
    - If you enjoyed Demons Souls and Dark Souls
    - If you enjoy playing difficult games/ challenges
    - If you enjoy being in direct control in combat (no WoW skill spam here)
    - If you enjoy solving puzzles
    - If you enjoy party-heavy games
    - If you enjoy grinding
    - If you want a game that isn't over in a week (this will take months to complete and by then new dungeons, systems, skills and features are added)
  8. Nov 16, 2013
    Wizardry Online is like no other. The class changing system, the open PvP is what makes this game completely different. While other critics and gamers may paint this game in pitch black, it's a game for those who are up for the thrill of PK, puzzling dungeons, and making your character unique. If you're not willing to put up the time to try out this game, clearly it's not for you. Overall,Wizardry Online is like no other. The class changing system, the open PvP is what makes this game completely different. While other critics and gamers may paint this game in pitch black, it's a game for those who are up for the thrill of PK, puzzling dungeons, and making your character unique. If you're not willing to put up the time to try out this game, clearly it's not for you. Overall, Wizardry Online is one of my favorites and deserves to be checked out. Expand
  9. Feb 18, 2013
    I can't give this one anything more than a lukewarm rating. I like the fact that the game doesn't hold your hand in anything, from character creation to combat. However, the presentation of every element in the game is pure 1990s. Even the game's resolution cannot be changed until _after_ a player has created her/his first character. What's more, after changing from 1024*768, you have toI can't give this one anything more than a lukewarm rating. I like the fact that the game doesn't hold your hand in anything, from character creation to combat. However, the presentation of every element in the game is pure 1990s. Even the game's resolution cannot be changed until _after_ a player has created her/his first character. What's more, after changing from 1024*768, you have to exit _all the way out of the game_ to apply it. Then after basic "tutorial quests" that involve _running back and forth_ to a handful of NPCs and hit the "Enter" key several times, you're thrown into a tutorial dungeon where monsters die after a few hits. OK, fair enough. But once the tutorial is done, you immediately receive a quest to visit the first real dungeon, wherein you are faced with zombies and beetles that take _literally 20 or 30 hits each to kill_. The _beetle_ has twice or three times as many HP as you do. Fortunately, though, it only hits for 1 HP of damage. So the first real combat in the entire game involves facing off against bags of hit points, who do almost no damage but take forever to kill. Lest this be seen as too easy (albeit boring), the zombies in the same dungeon hit for 10-20% of your max HP each time.

Face it, even if you appreciate the "hardcore" elements in the game, even if you are happy knowing that your stats might _decrease_ each time you level (yes, you read that right), there seems to be little _enjoyment_ built into the experience. Might it open up and become more fun at higher levels? Possibly. I'd even keep my fingers crossed for it. But who would willingly _waste their time_ fighting through the early levels to get there?

I wish the game the best of luck. For what it's worth, the game was almost immediately removed from Steam- by the publisher- because of its buggy release. That was over two weeks prior to this review- yet the game is still not deemed worthy of being put back on Steam. And, again, that was the _publisher's_ decision.
  10. Mar 5, 2013
    When the game works it doesn't. Permadeath is a lie, Hardcore is a lie. PVP is a joke. Fighter simply pulls out spear and spams attack button. Mage just levels earthquake and kills people at the AH. All the while guards walk by oblivous. Then you buy an item on the AH only to not recieve it but lose the money. Too many hacks, bots, cheats in a game with only a few thousand players and soWhen the game works it doesn't. Permadeath is a lie, Hardcore is a lie. PVP is a joke. Fighter simply pulls out spear and spams attack button. Mage just levels earthquake and kills people at the AH. All the while guards walk by oblivous. Then you buy an item on the AH only to not recieve it but lose the money. Too many hacks, bots, cheats in a game with only a few thousand players and so many bugs and broken/missing components. These idiots can't even refine the language filter on a game that is rated M. I can say "piss" in game but not "but its" aka it reads it as "bu* **s". It doesn't even deserve any more depth than what i have given. Expand
  11. Nov 16, 2013
    Difficult game with a lot of content. Community is great too, a blast to play.
    You have to try to permdeath to be hit by it though, but theres a lot of stuff going for it.
    The game is still difficult. First few dungeons are easy to solo but then you NEED a party to progress. Beating tougher dungeons feels great :D Also my first time playing a game where you can make your own
    Difficult game with a lot of content. Community is great too, a blast to play.

Beating tougher dungeons feels great :D

Also my first time playing a game where you can make your own character build. Always fun figuring out new builds to class change to and back, getting skills from other classes.

Graphics are not great obviously but thats no reason to rage at game. Still looks better than other online games out there that are popular.
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    When you start playing this game it shouts to you I AM YOUR MAIN GAME! Play me, you don't need any other.

Wizadry Online is harcore not because of posiblity of permadieing, oh yeah you die hard a lot, but you need even more for your champion to vanish for good, it hardcore because you need months to grind your strength and weeks to clear each dungeon without help of ppls who currently "life" in Kingdom of Dimento. I Currently played 800h adn will need another 3 weeks to perfect my final bulid of Master Thief of illfalo Port. If you search MMO game that you can sink in for hours, try WO. Currently US server is under PVP war and EU have less players but is place where PVE community resides, choose your patch.
  13. Nov 17, 2013
    i am playing this game for more then 6 months. i really love it. Till new year the Elite classes will be introduced, which will make the game even more interesting.
  14. Nov 17, 2013
    Critic reviews were submitted in February when the game launched with server issues
    nd based their decisions on the early dungeons, so don't pay much attention to them or to the players raging without getting to mid game.
    For ages I've searched for a game like this. Was getting sick and tired of all the bland clone mmos out there where you move from area to area killing some mobs and

For ages I've searched for a game like this.
    Was getting sick and tired of all the bland clone mmos out there where you move from area to area killing some mobs and doing dumb quests without ever needing to party until end game.

Wizardry is way better with interesting dungeons that require brains and skill to beat and you'll need to form parties pretty fast too. This isn't a solo game in the slightest.

This is a game with a lot of content and will require a lot of time but this is easily one of the best online games I've played. Also new dungeons are added quick. Game was launched with 9 dungeons. Since then we've had 9 new dungeons added(game hasn't even been out for a year yet and content has doubled). We're expecting a new city, dungeon and 4 new classes in a months time too.
  15. Nov 18, 2013
    Love this game! If you are a fan of classic rpgs then this is the game for you! One of my favorites of all time! This game really is like no other. All the haters of the game are used kiddy WOW games. Come play a real game and show every one what your made of!
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    Note:
    Most of these reviews are from the first steam release, that Sony Online Entertainment wasn't ready for so the game had horrible lag. It was practically unplayable.
    Pros: Numerous class/skill/gear combinations. Builds are extremely unique! Challenging gameplay! The game never stops surprising me! Each dungeon is a new challenge(with some reused textures) Solid community on
    Note:

Pros:
    Numerous class/skill/gear combinations. Builds are extremely unique!
    Challenging gameplay! The game never stops surprising me!
    Each dungeon is a new challenge(with some reused textures)
    Solid community on both servers!

Cons:
    Early dungeons suffer from lots of reused textures.
    Cutscenes leave lots to desire.
    Numerous translation issues(not so many in early game anymore)
  17. Feb 18, 2013
    The game feels like an alpha version, the controls feel a little sluggish, the graphics are awful and the game feels incomplete. The game has some pretty cool concepts unfortunately I was unable to even try any out. The rubber-banding or warping makes the game unplayable, my character teleports around like crazy. The game feels like a game from the previous century. Its a shame as thisThe game feels like an alpha version, the controls feel a little sluggish, the graphics are awful and the game feels incomplete. The game has some pretty cool concepts unfortunately I was unable to even try any out. The rubber-banding or warping makes the game unplayable, my character teleports around like crazy. The game feels like a game from the previous century. Its a shame as this could possibly be worth playing if done properly. I played for about 10 minutes and subsequently deleted the game. I have tried many free MMOs and this is unfortunately the worst.

There are also connection issues where logging in can take up to 30 minutes.
  18. Apr 13, 2013
    Blast from the past, but terribad game. Lolz at cash shop. Asian game charging us 5 times the price of stuff compared to their local version? Shame Sony, Shame.
  19. Feb 3, 2013
    The game plays well, when it works. It does have a lot of potential, but the player will determine what kind that is. The PvP aspect (being able loot any player when dead or attack any one, for the penalty of becoming a Criminal) is interesting, but easily going to upset some players. Deleting your character data when you fail to revive 2 times in a row is a new concept that will upsetThe game plays well, when it works. It does have a lot of potential, but the player will determine what kind that is. The PvP aspect (being able loot any player when dead or attack any one, for the penalty of becoming a Criminal) is interesting, but easily going to upset some players. Deleting your character data when you fail to revive 2 times in a row is a new concept that will upset people when being hunted in higher level dungeons, but being able to put a bounty on them with another character and all vault inventory is account wide so its not hard to recover from losing someone. All in all, the game has a great amount of potential. Sadly, at this time, there are only 2 servers (US and Europe), so be prepared for lag jumping, long load times (something 5-10 min), and random disconnects. This is a game to keep an eye on, but there is no telling how long that may be. Expand
  20. Apr 13, 2013
    Pros: Anime style RPG, Wizardry franchise.

Cons: Dated graphics, clunky controls, Permadeath is not possible unless you choose to terminate yourself permanently. Definately not "hardcore" as advertised. P2W with healing potions that heal you to 80% full health instantly, only purchasable with cash, no in game alternative. The worst thing is the US version cashshop charges around 4
    Pros: Anime style RPG, Wizardry franchise.

The worst thing is the US version cashshop charges around 4 times the price for the same items compared to the Jap version. This has turned many people away.

Forums is a ghost town, EU server is dead, and US server capacity always under 5% of total.

To be fair, Sony make some great games, but this is a embarassment to their list.

I dislike writing such a negative review, but this has been a disappointment to almost all but the most die hard fans of the Wizardry series.

Gl hf, whichever game you play!
  21. Apr 13, 2013
    Regret downloading this rubbish. Recently there seems to have been a trend in reviving old game games, but most of the ones revived have been nothing more than bad games trying to milk fans nostalgia love of that franchise. Wizardry stands out among these as the possibly most mediocre of the lot to date.

Avoid this. Thank me later.

Guaranteed contender for worst games of 2013.
  22. Apr 13, 2013
    Lesson learned. If my friends say it's bad, but review sites say give it the benefit of the doubt; listen to my friends next time. Complaints reg game in their forums and everywhere else are valid. Not worth the download if you have a quota on your internet.

Review sites give it around 50%, They were being over generous out of respect to Sony imo.
  23. May 2, 2013
    Worst most boring tutorial I've ever seen. A little hint to the devs, the best tutorial are the ones that explain stuff quickly & summarised way as you play the game. Not have this long drawn out dialogue and lots of cutscenes that you can't skip & then go into a little tedious story quest that tells us nothing., hand holding warnings so you don't accidentally walk into a room with traps.Worst most boring tutorial I've ever seen. A little hint to the devs, the best tutorial are the ones that explain stuff quickly & summarised way as you play the game. Not have this long drawn out dialogue and lots of cutscenes that you can't skip & then go into a little tedious story quest that tells us nothing., hand holding warnings so you don't accidentally walk into a room with traps. It took literally 26 minutes to get to any actual fighting.. imagine how long it would have taken if I had read all 40+ text boxes that spammed me on the way there! The combat so far is mediocre.
    The banter/dialogue is amateurish and actually immersion breaking.

Saying that there is no voice acting is almost nitpicky compared to how terrible the actual game is. It makes other MMO's look amazing in comparison. Which is sad considering that most are terrible.
    good things to say about it... it looks half-way decent
  24. Apr 10, 2014
    The thing with this game is... its fckin **** Graphics outdated, Horrible dialogues and the worst AI I´ve ever seen in my entire life. To everyone expecting this game to be "Hardcore", well it kinda is hardcore to play this game longer then 30min without getting cancer. Its a disgrace for every game claiming to be hardcore. Eventhough it is free to play its not worth a single mb on anyones HDD.
  25. Sep 3, 2013
    It's a okay MMO, but the hardcore pvp and perma death isn't there. Which is kinda a good thing since playing solo is quite difficult and you will be dying a lot.
  26. Sep 18, 2013
    Simply put, this game is a perfect example of how to fail at game creation.
    Shoddy animations (looks like something from the 90s), very limited character customization, NPC text that looks like a 3rd grader wrote it, rehashed mechanics from games that failed over a decade ago, ...

Honestly, I have seen better quality games from Individual Amateurs using free game engines.
  27. Nov 19, 2013
    Malheureusement, si on y porte un regard panoramique, Wizardry Online reste une véritable déception qui gâche des idées et un concept intéressant cause de maladresses dans la réalisation, sans compter quelques étonnants choix de gameplay. Son aspect free-to-play reste un appel du pied aux joueurs qui devraient toutefois l'essayer juste au cas où, même s'il est fort possible que beaucoupMalheureusement, si on y porte un regard panoramique, Wizardry Online reste une véritable déception qui gâche des idées et un concept intéressant cause de maladresses dans la réalisation, sans compter quelques étonnants choix de gameplay. Son aspect free-to-play reste un appel du pied aux joueurs qui devraient toutefois l'essayer juste au cas où, même s'il est fort possible que beaucoup en reviennent rapidement. Expand
  28. Nov 30, 2013
    It's kind of funny that I recognize the people giving the positive ratings below me. And they're friends too. Interesting, huh?
    Anyway. The problem with Wizardry Online is that it is NOT a Wizardry game. It doesn't even come close to actual Wizardry. Pick up an emulator, try any Wizardry between 1 and 5, and you'll realize these games were very unforgiving. You would find yourself very surprised if more than 5 people beat Wiz 5 without cheating or save states.
    During the PS2 era, Wizardry began to be adopted by a different group altogether: the Japanese. While Wizardry: Tale of a Forsaken Land (PS2) was difficult, it was not exactly unforgiving as you were allowed to do things like.. save. Over the years, Japanese Wizardry developers became more and more forgiving, and what you have now is Wizardry Online. And it SUCKS.

Notable differences between just about every other Wiz game and Wiz Online:

- Permadeath was a high chance. You could easily lose your characters trying to resurrect them. And if your whole party died in the labyrinth, they were going to lay there in corpses; you would actually have to make another party and find them later. In Wizardry Online, you have to be a moron to lose your character. It's almost impossible.
    - First person view. This is non-negotiable, and definitely should been the only way of seeing things in Wizardry Online.
    - ONE LABYRINTH. PERIOD. There shouldn't be a lot of dungeons, especially when this game boasts PvP! Pay attention, silly developers! THE MORE AREAS YOU ADD, THE LESS PVP WILL OCCUR. Especially when each dungeon has ~20 channels that you can choose from. Make ONE big dungeon that should be nearly impossible to get to the lowest levels.
    - And finally, if you're going to make a Wizardry MMO focused on PvP... do not make it with stupid RPG elements like skill-trees. Actual skill should be necessary. If you're an archer, aim your arrows. Mage? Aim your fireballs. Why would a thief be able to stab someone's back better than a masculine manly man with a great big sword? Here's a thought. Make the thief STEAL THINGS. lol. Like the staff out of a mage's hands when he's trying to cast a spell. Something!

Anyway, in summation, the devs failed and the player base enabled this failure. Knock it off, and make them go back to the drawing board and create a real Wizardry game.
  29. Dec 4, 2013
    If you want an easy fancy looking game go and play WoW. If you want to experience something truly unique and hardcore I suggest you give wizardry a try.
  30. Apr 4, 2014
    This is one of the best MMOs I have yet found. It has amazing graphics, a great combat system, and some good storylines. All of this is needed for a truly good MMORPG. Though there are some unneeded cutscenes (which can easily be skipped), the actual game makes up for that. This is a truly amazing MMORPG.
  31. Apr 26, 2013

First review, but had to write something after reading the other reviews here.

Join Wizardry Online and watch the WoW kiddies cry about the game being broken!

1. Apr 5, 2013
    Will the thrill provided by permadeath be enough to keep people playing this new Wizardry that is not really a Wizardry? [CD-Action 04/2013, p.72]
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    Wizardry Online is jagged around the edges, but manages to pull off a few interesting tricks.
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    Even though it carries a venerable name and promotes hardcore mechanics Wizardry Online is just a very ordinary frumpy roleplaying game.