8.1

1. May 21, 2014
    Could have been great if fun, but the difficulty level is wonky: sometimes you have to take it down to survive other times you've left with plenty of ammo/health. Was this game balanced? In any way?
    Other thing deal-breaker for me: EVEN THE 1ST WOLFENSTEIN HAD SAVE/LOAD BACK IN 1992... Why do developers always have to think on the level of the console-gamer? It's a shame.
  2. May 22, 2014
    Cut scene, kill some people, cut scene, kill some people - repeat ad naseum.

Flashing objects and directions hold your hand so no thought is ever needed on your part. A ridiculous perk system that rewards retardation, an example, slide on your bum in stealth and headshot someone 5 times to unlock a perk?????? no ty. No innovation, no new ideas, no replayability. how are people giving
    Cut scene, kill some people, cut scene, kill some people - repeat ad naseum.

No innovation, no new ideas, no replayability. how are people giving this 9 or 10? amazing.

Its a game for kids. AVOID.
  3. May 23, 2014
    Yawn, it is 2014. Soldier of Fortune 12 years ago, you used to be able to shoot people in the throat, blow off limbs, and so it. I thought Wolfenstein might make an effort, but no. It is just same old stuff. You press the button, the bullet hits a "basic 3d primitive" and that counts as a hit. Hit them in the foot, hit them in the face, it is all the same thing. Lame, boring, yawn.Yawn, it is 2014. Soldier of Fortune 12 years ago, you used to be able to shoot people in the throat, blow off limbs, and so it. I thought Wolfenstein might make an effort, but no. It is just same old stuff. You press the button, the bullet hits a "basic 3d primitive" and that counts as a hit. Hit them in the foot, hit them in the face, it is all the same thing. Lame, boring, yawn. For some reason nothing is fun. Like they implemented "Iron Sights" and it is so unenjoyable to use that you just do not bother. And what is with the Shift+Control slide? Terrible controls. I gave this game 2 stars because atleast you can cut (some) cutscenes. It would have been 4 if it had been ALL cutscenes. The game is dull, that is its punishment and also its crime. Expand
  4. May 21, 2014
    We were promised 20 hours of play to complete, it only takes 9. We were promised high resolution textures, they are below sub-par. We were promised an epic tale, we get an average bland story. This makes the previous installment of the series look like platinum. Gone are the upgrades, gone is the sandbox free roaming. The gun play is boring and uninspiring and the weapons try way too hardWe were promised 20 hours of play to complete, it only takes 9. We were promised high resolution textures, they are below sub-par. We were promised an epic tale, we get an average bland story. This makes the previous installment of the series look like platinum. Gone are the upgrades, gone is the sandbox free roaming. The gun play is boring and uninspiring and the weapons try way too hard to copy from F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin and F.E.A.R. 3. Many gameplay elements are almost a 1:1 copy from F.E.A.R. 3 (mainly the mech ride.) The enemies are not stylish in a Nazi way, more like the same regularly armored steel soldier we've seen in post-apocalyptic games. The levels are painfully small and offer no exploration. The pace is like a snail, only the snail is dead and being dragged by a string. Not worth a $25 price never mind a $60 one. Also warning for German, Swiss and Austrian users, your governments have blocked the game in your region because of the use of Swastikas. Expand
  5. May 20, 2014
    A very poor offering indeed. The texture quality is very poor, even on the highest settings. The game requires you to perform finger gymnastics to get past certain scenes which is awkward. The game feels laggy with the mouse, no matter what settings I use. Finally, I had to manually set SLI. It seems the game prefers non-SLI? WTF? ... not impressed at all.
  6. Oct 30, 2015
    This game hardly feels like Wolfenstein. And not only that, but even without taking in consideration the legacy of the name, it's a bad game, honestly.

First of all I'll comment on the technical aspect of it. Well it's no wonder that Carmack left Bethesda after he made idTech5, because the engine is currently the worst game engine there is. It isn't even on the same leage with other engines such us Unity, Unreal, or Cryengine. This game is made with idTech5, which is a very bad engine. First of all, the engine uses textures in such a way that they take way too much space, something obvious by the 50gb this game is. But while the textures are themselves big, don't make the mistake to think that they are appropriately detailed. In the game you will find many textures looking as if they were taken from a Playstation 1 game. Return to Castle Wolfenstein had better looking textures, and RTCW is a game from 2003, for God's shake! The game's lack of adequate anisotropic filtering even on the ultra settings makes the game's image too blury, and along with the nasty Depth of Field effect, visually, the game looks like a way overblurry pixel soup. Add to all that the unexplained fact that the developers decided to simulate color blindness for some reason which ended with the game being in various shades of gray, and you got a really ugly game, that's uncanny to look at.

As if these weren't enough, the engine as I wrote earlier is awful, and thus the image is grainy kind of like how there was snow in old CRT analogue TVs when the signal of a TV station wasn't good, plus there are incredible amounts of screen tearing, and even on Ultra graphic settings, there is no Antialiasing, and as a result everything is juggy and lots of things flicker. Your head starts acking after an hour or so of playing this game because of all of these. There are also bugs, like for example enemies hitting you through walls. Oh, and the game randomly crashes...

So now that I've told you about the technical side of this game, I will write about its bad design. Supposedly it's an FPS, though since I started a new campaign, 40 minutes passed until it gave me a gun to shoot and do what is done in a real FPS game. For 40 minutes the game was playing cutscenes and had me either doing stuff boring and unrelated to FPSs, like finding tools and fixing a pipe, or having my character just stand without me having to do anything because NPCs were talking and I had to listen. That's bad. It's not normal for an FPS game to pass 40 minutes without having a gun and something to shoot with it. Aside from that, who in the world thought that the first ever moment that character control is given to the player, it would be a good idea to have the character in a tight place were he can barely move, and with a timer counting seconds and killing the character off, before the player even have had the opportunity to try out pressing buttons / keys to see what each does and how the game reacts ? Bad, bad, bad! The developers should go back to a Game Design 101 class.

Playing the game isn't such a fun experience. Even when it gives you guns, and you have enemies to shoot, the weapons feel weightless, weak, and fake, let alone that they cover half the screen. It also managed to be less interactive than past Wolfenstein games. When you go to the castle level at this game, and you shoot at the Knight Armors that stand there, nothing happens, you shoot at the paintings and nothing happens either, while in Return to Castle Wolfenstein, the Knight Armor would fall and break, and the paintings would break to pieces too. I thought that as time passes and hardware becomes more powerful, and the industry more experienced, that interactivity would go up in video games, but instead, if we look at the Wolfenstein series it seems that games become more and more unresponsive, non reacting, non interative, things.

And it isn't much of a Wolfenstein experience either. Don't let the supposed medkit system fool you. There are medkits every 10 steps you make so its practically the same thing. It's a Call of Duty clone, complete with iron sights, cover system, simplistic linear level design, 3-4 other soldiers to help you open a door, others talking to your cliche earpiece and giving you orders, waypoint arrows that show you were to go, and all that poop.

If you are a Wolfenstein fan stay away to not get the series and your childhood ruined. Even the Wolfenstein game from 2009 that in its time was considered bad, feels way better than this.
  7. Nov 29, 2014
    I love Wolfenstein. I love hightech mystical magical nazi mumbo-jumbo thingies and I always will. But the Wolfenstein N.O. just broke my heart. I was so excited to play this game. So eager to get into nazi genocide once more. Once more to save the world from evil with B.J. But instead of good shooter we've got empty storyline with flat characters and wannabe love story. B.J. is like dumberI love Wolfenstein. I love hightech mystical magical nazi mumbo-jumbo thingies and I always will. But the Wolfenstein N.O. just broke my heart. I was so excited to play this game. So eager to get into nazi genocide once more. Once more to save the world from evil with B.J. But instead of good shooter we've got empty storyline with flat characters and wannabe love story. B.J. is like dumber brother of Max Hoss most of the time. Things doesn't work properly in most of the cases, like you cannot go with just sneaking and silent killing because nazis will see you even in darkest places, you can get stuck on the place by invisible wall or just held by some furniture. Half of the game is boring platforming, cut-scenes which I really hated and helping people who doesn't give a **** about you. Seriously there was a guy with assault rifle crouching and yelling at you but he never made a single shot. And who's idea was putting knife throwing button on mouse 3?! This game is so "console" made it hurts my eyes. Every time I saw a chance to let B.J. die I let it happen. Because he deserves that. If the B.J. from first Wolf 3D would live he would definitely smash the face of this **** for good. He is so dumb and other characters just use him for their own purposes. At the end of the game he crawls bleeding to the crowd of people and than fell to the ground when he reaches them. But they just shout some **** and let him there to rot . Even his great polish love! Seriously! And in next cut-scene another character needs help from him in stuck elevator, because dozen of people standing out of elevator cannot do it. The game, B.J. and most of other things are so stupid it hurts. Dumb nazis are damn sharpshooters and they can hit you even behind the corners. They also know how to teleport and most of the times spawn out of nowhere when you reach certain spot. You want to get all golden items and other collectibles? Ok, there is just one chance to do it so run around all corners and peek into every hole, because once you get through some point, you cannot turn back. Seriously that big muscled man cannot jump on most objects and don't know how to climb! So if you missed something, restart your checkpoint. And speaking of checkpoints, they are most evil thing of this game. What the hell is wrong with good old quicksaves. Instead of saving you got some weird checkpoints and when you die, which happens a lot, you will load from the checkpoint, which is far away and mostly behind big battles, where you will die again and again and again ... So my humble opinion after this horrible experience is, there is something very wrong with people these days, if they like games like this and make games like this and call it old style FPS's and other bull****. They probably never played old style FPS and doesn't know what they're talking about. The days of Carmack are certainly gone and this game is another tombstone to FPS games. Expand
  8. Jul 26, 2014
    It could have been a great game...if it was not developed by Bethesda. The plot and the story looks good, but the idTech engine is simply not up to the task to handle a Wolfenstein and is also a threat to your health. Wolfenstein should be a king of the FPS games, not an n+1 half-done thing out of the factory. The Bethesda graphical environment can still cause serious headaches for someIt could have been a great game...if it was not developed by Bethesda. The plot and the story looks good, but the idTech engine is simply not up to the task to handle a Wolfenstein and is also a threat to your health. Wolfenstein should be a king of the FPS games, not an n+1 half-done thing out of the factory. The Bethesda graphical environment can still cause serious headaches for some sensitive to it, so if you experienced this before (in Dishonored or Elder Scrolls games for example), don't play it, or stop when you feel dizzy, or else the game will make you sick. Some suggests, that changing the FOV might help, but unfortunately that's not always the case. Expand
  9. Jun 1, 2016
    The graphics are attractive but other then that its a awful game. How it got so many high reviews is mind-blowing. It dose everything that is wrong with modern FPS, and the "cinematic" story is painfully cringeworthy. The most fun I had playing the game was the orginal Wolfenstine map easter egg.

+Pretty graphics, it's very good looking -No quick saves -very slow movement -Boring

+Pretty graphics, it's very good looking
    -No quick saves
    -very slow movement
    -Boring weapons where you tend to use Assault Rifle for 90% of the game.
    -Majority of the enemies are hitscan which forces you to play like a cover based shooter instead of a run and gun
    -Weird Tankly bult spung enemes and battles that are little more than well masked QTEs
    -No Quick save's
    -Linear maps
    -Huge interuptions in the flow of the game with Cutseens
    -Checkpoints that force you to rewatch "cinimatic" events
    -huge portion of the game is a walking simulator for pointless exposition dumps
    -disgraced the memory of Jimi Hendrix
    -boaring stealth sections

If your intrested in the stroy then you are better off watching a Let's Play. If you want a fun Old School FPS, just play Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Quake or boot up Doom 2. If you are itching for Wolfenstine with modern controls, then just download the Wolfenstein 3D TC for Doom or play Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

However, If you are a fan of Call of Duty 2 then you might like this game, but It's not what I consider a good game.
  10. Dec 9, 2016
    One of the most clunky and incoherent shooters i have ever played.
    Doesn't know if it want to be true to the seriousness of WWII or be outlandish with huge mecharobot nazi soldiers that take 1000s of bullets to kill.
    One of the most clunky and incoherent shooters i have ever played.
    Lame forced puzzles, low selection of guns, high action parts of the game are immediately brought to a halt when you have to go back to base and look for useless items to cue the next cinematic.
    To top all of this be one of the worst PC ports i've played even on Nvidia.
    Bad Vsync and no SLI support and the game looks like it was released back in 2007.

great voice acting tho...
  11. Jun 16, 2016
    It's really a mixed game.
    I liked Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Doom 3 and I 'd hoped for a game of that caliber.....something of a classic fps... and in that I was disappointed.
    It's really a mixed game.
    The problem lies within gameplay design choices that make actual gameplay repetitive and less adrenalinic compared to classic title....for example checkpoint system save only; enemy recycled through levels with some minor visual changes; no auto-pickup of ammo and armour but you'll have to press "E" every time; tiresome and very basic stealth section (stealth in a fps game of Id software? why? If I want tactical action I'll buy a different kind of game); exploration for unnecessary side quest; dull boss figths; weapons feels all the same; some mandory and boring driving sequence, very little interaction with background....and so on
    When you reach half of the game (Chapter 8 of 16) the game begin to get more interesting, with some in game sequence that give some emotive impact...but there is nothing new under the sun.
    Try it before purchase if you can, and buy it only when it cost 10 dollars at most like on Steam sales
  12. Aug 12, 2014
    About the only thing this game has to offer are the cut scenes, though using your knife to take out hordes of bad guys can be entertaining for 2 hours or so. The voice actors did a great job and the graphics are spot on, other than that it's hard to like this game. Space Nazi's and battery powered guns that need to be recharged using a wall panel aside, there are some real problems withAbout the only thing this game has to offer are the cut scenes, though using your knife to take out hordes of bad guys can be entertaining for 2 hours or so. The voice actors did a great job and the graphics are spot on, other than that it's hard to like this game. Space Nazi's and battery powered guns that need to be recharged using a wall panel aside, there are some real problems with this one. Save points in the middle of gun fights leave you respawning into fire with less than 10 health and having your guns removed or reset constantly while carrying over the ammunition you had at the end of the last level (sometimes almost none) leaves you scratching your head. There's also a forceful attempt to turn the games laser cutter into your favourite weapon, which doesn't have the desired effect. I found myself hating my allies and wishing it was over already by the time I was 2/3 the way through. Luckily the store I got it from offers store credit if you don't like the game. I'll be taking them up on that offer. Expand
  13. Mar 28, 2015
    I pre-ordered this game. Is is worth 60 euros? Is 40gb of files worth of download? Answer is: maybe, but mostly no. And if you bought retail dvd version, You have to still download 10gb update. As much I wanted to enjoy this game, I couldn't. The Wolfenstein games I know used to be fun run'n'gun fps shooters. This game is far from good FPS in general and its even useless to compare it toI pre-ordered this game. Is is worth 60 euros? Is 40gb of files worth of download? Answer is: maybe, but mostly no. And if you bought retail dvd version, You have to still download 10gb update. As much I wanted to enjoy this game, I couldn't. The Wolfenstein games I know used to be fun run'n'gun fps shooters. This game is far from good FPS in general and its even useless to compare it to RTCW. Many people hated Wolfenstein (2009), but I actually liked that one. Now you cant upgrade anything with big pile of gold anymore and open hub areas are gone.

Story is bland and game has serious problem whether to be serious or not. Sometimes Blaskowicz speaks bravely about America but in next moment paintings drop from wall because he's screwing his girl so hard.

Sidekicks are lame and feel forced. Black guy having rhythm in his veins and big physically strong but mentally disabled guy who like girl toys etc. Are this type of characters _the must_ thing in a Nazi shooter FPS? Where is the martial arts master Chinese ninja guy and others?

Gameplay is somewhat good. Assault rifle actually feel like it has some pumping power. You can lean, lie down and slide on floor, but its pain in the ass to perform those key combos in tight battles. I didn't find much use for them.
    Reloading and switching between weapons takes ages and you die needlessly often due to that. Oh, You can reload faster when you unlock Perks, but only after you performed 10 backflips in a row while shooting ten dogs with one hand gun and finally landing on spagat. Perks are unlockable abilities. You unlock them by killing enemies in different ways. Often the way to unlock them is too hard, because invariably all fights are so chaotic that it's impossible to think of anything else than finding ammo, health packs and cover. I find myself eventually just ignoring those perks.
    Save/load feature is also gone. Checkpoint are mostly quite rare and you end up having same fights again, and they got just longer and longer as you go in game. What might dev's been thinking of when decided that...

Levels are quite tube-like, but sometimes you get barely a slight breeze of open areas, just barely. There are secrets things hided in places, but I couldn't find many of them in first playthrough. Oh and I got new checkpoint and I'm unable to go back finding them. Should I restart level or just go on? I rather go on. This game does no make me feel to explore places to find collectible or even play it ever again. It feels so clunky in many way. Malfunctioned (buggy) robot stuck in place, ladder become usable after killing hordes of enemies etc stupid things and AI just plays stupid. And Blaskowicz is tied on chair and Nazi commander stabs him with knife; Blaskowicz's health goes visibly down to 0, but raises to 20 in a brief moment. Quite cool.

Im trying to be tolerated, but it is really annoying when level are straightforward and there seems to be a lot o places where to go or hide, but you can't. I'm talking about bridge mission. It really did broke camel's back for me. "Stupid way to die" says he when I'm trying to jump on ledge where anyone else vg protagonist could jump in (in real life), but our William now just can't because of invisible mesh colliders. If you've played original Painkiller or Quake, you know what I mean by jumping all over places where's the skys only limit ((or water, heh).

Conclusion: It's not worst FPS by any mean and is worth picking for like 5-10 euros, but there are so many annoying dev's decisions which I mentioned, that I'm wordless.
  14. Jun 8, 2014
    This game is, more or less, a nail in id Software's coffin. id Tech 5 proves to be quite underwhelming - the character textures are great, while the environment looks atrocious, there is zero interactivity in the environment - your lazerkraftwerk can cut chains and thin cover but you never get to use that in combat creatively, the combat itself is pretty meh with weapons that have noThis game is, more or less, a nail in id Software's coffin. id Tech 5 proves to be quite underwhelming - the character textures are great, while the environment looks atrocious, there is zero interactivity in the environment - your lazerkraftwerk can cut chains and thin cover but you never get to use that in combat creatively, the combat itself is pretty meh with weapons that have no impact and enemies that just spawn on a trigger and swarm you instead of being well placed. Most importantly, there's neither charm nor general innovation here.

Also, you do not pick up ammo and armor automatically. So you have to tap 'Use' over every body and every piece of robot debris. And then there's the occasional 'Pick up' hint while running around so you have to backtrack and pixel hunt for that ammo pack/medkit. This gets really tedious after a while.

The brightest part of the game is easily the "lean out of cover" key. That one is good, really, but at the same time that's about it.

The New Order could use a chill pill. Better, more destructive weapons, less dead seriousness and more focus on fun gameplay rather than infinite repetition of the "Nazis are bad and we do not condone, glorify or endorse the beliefs, ideologies, events, actions, persons or behavior of the Nazi regime" stance. Yes, I get it, Nazis are bad, that's why I'm killing them. Can we please make this killing fun?
  15. Nov 2, 2014
    Wolfenstein is a famous series with three fantastic elements - good feedback in enemy animation upon being shot, strong Nazi theme and aggressive AI trying to flank and overrun player whenever gets alerted. The first three titles of the series keep all of these. However, this sequel ruins all of these.

In this gamem every enemy is just like a plastic bag as those in Borderland. They give no feedback upon being shot, and can still either charge or do whatever they want. In Wolfenstein 2009, enemies give different feedback according to where you shoot at, what you use to shoot, the power of your weapon upgrade and special powers.

To make the matters worse, the nazi and WWII theme is greatly weakened in this title. You are just like a soldier engaged in advanced war in future. You are just fighting some cyber soldiers and robots. Also, the graphic quality is poor and blurry considering how large the game size is, thanks to the crappy graphic engine used.

For the AI, they are pretty stupid. They generally like to stand in a position and shoot forever towards player's direction even there are obstacles in between. Looks like they have a radar pinpointing player direction when they are alerted. In Wolfenstein 2009, enemies will try to flank you when they are at upperhand, and retreat when the condition doesn't look good. They can run out of ammo, so they use suppressing fire carefully. They will try to hunt for players when player stay out of sight.

Lastly, the story of Wolfenstein is generally about an awesome agent disrupting the plan of Nazis but this game tries to depict a boring soldier with cutscenes by cutscenes. It is just like the Max Payne 3 with those boring and frequent cutscenes ruining the whole atmosphere of fun. If the plot was enjoyable, then this could be forgivable but unfortunately the plot makes no sense at all. Please, for god's sake, Wolfenstein should be an awesome FPS rather than a boring movie.
  16. Jun 10, 2014
    I'm disappointed. I expected more than a consoly version of the game. The texture streaming does not work well at all. I fiddled with the setting enough to make it fully playable just to be disappointed by the story and the way they've turned the might Wolfenstein into just another generic FPS made for consoles. I guess the young gamers would find this fun, to me it was just a reminderI'm disappointed. I expected more than a consoly version of the game. The texture streaming does not work well at all. I fiddled with the setting enough to make it fully playable just to be disappointed by the story and the way they've turned the might Wolfenstein into just another generic FPS made for consoles. I guess the young gamers would find this fun, to me it was just a reminder that the time of great gameplay has long since sailed. Let's hope the new Doom isn't made by the same guys. Expand
  17. Jan 7, 2015
    The game could have been amazing, but too many missteps prevent it from doing so. The story in my opinion doesn't work, it wobbles awkwardly between "f*** yeah" action shooter moments and super serious depressing depictions of war abuse, and the tone shifts are often so abrupt that it rivals Duke Nukem Forever. There is a romance, but it boils down to "hurr I f*** her sometimes and itThe game could have been amazing, but too many missteps prevent it from doing so. The story in my opinion doesn't work, it wobbles awkwardly between "f*** yeah" action shooter moments and super serious depressing depictions of war abuse, and the tone shifts are often so abrupt that it rivals Duke Nukem Forever. There is a romance, but it boils down to "hurr I f*** her sometimes and it feels nice", which might be appropriate for a main character who is basically a big slab of concrete that loosely resembles a person, but doesn't exactly make for engaging storytelling. The only character that works is the woman in the wheelchair.

From a technical standpoint, the game is nearly unplayable due to texture pop-in. This is the absolute worst case of pop-in that I've ever seen. Running on my pretty beastly system (4790k, 16g ram, 780 Ti, Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD), the framerate is very smooth, but the game is constantly replacing blurry low res textures with normal textures right in front of my eyes, and then promptly switches them back to low res as soon as I look elsewhere (and that's at absolutely maxed settings). It doesn't even load the area you are in, if you stand still on a specific spot and just keep looking around 360 degrees, the game will be constantly trying to texture the environment. It feels like, when in any other game you load a save file or enter a new area after a loading screen, it may take a second or two where things look blurry, only here it happens ALL THE TIME. The graphics are not even impressive, and even the "high res" textures are pretty low res, it's completely inexcusable for a game to perform like that.

It has some good moments definitely, but do you really want to sit through 15 hours of migraine-inducing pop-in and facepalm-worthy story to see them? I'd suggest avoiding it.
  18. Jun 8, 2014
    no multiplayer, no game.

not worth spending 60$ for a 15 hour game. a real shame because the guns are cool. the graphics are average for 2014. the story is decent for a shooter.
  19. Jun 18, 2014
    Really badly optimized for PC. Horrific stuttering and FPS issues. Probably the worst optimized PC game since GTA 4 - if not worse. A complete waste of money. I have no idea why it needs 40+ GB of hard drive space. I think the idiots who made this game are still using the same tech that they used to make the original 90's Wolf game. It is a complete waste of money and hard drive space. NotReally badly optimized for PC. Horrific stuttering and FPS issues. Probably the worst optimized PC game since GTA 4 - if not worse. A complete waste of money. I have no idea why it needs 40+ GB of hard drive space. I think the idiots who made this game are still using the same tech that they used to make the original 90's Wolf game. It is a complete waste of money and hard drive space. Not even worth pirating. If you have a console then it is probably worth it after the price drops to under $20. Don't contribute to their profits right now when the game is $50. They absolutely do not deserve any profits for making this PC game. Expand
  20. Dec 30, 2014
    Absolutely not optimised for PC, another sad, money making game, all that underestimation of pc players become ridiculously. We need gaming revolution.
  21. cbe
    Dec 29, 2014
    Ok game, but PC controls are crap. The game is playable, until about mid-way when it becomes overly challenging on the PC. The story is mediocre throughout. If playing on the PC, better to wait for better games.
  22. Mar 27, 2015
    The game was fine until you go undercover into the prison camp. YOU HAD TO SHOW AN INNOCENT BABY GETTING BEATEN TO DEATH???

I closed my eyes, that is where I draw the line. I stopped playing after that and will never play another Wolfenstien again.

Peace
  23. Jun 30, 2014
    This game is a steaming pile of dog turds, I have a PC more than capable of running any game at max settings (GTX 780ti) and yet the game performs so badly that it made me think there was something wrong with my computer. Well after making sure every single thing was up to date i still had stuttering and framerates in the 30's on the lowest settings in the game!. How the hell can youThis game is a steaming pile of dog turds, I have a PC more than capable of running any game at max settings (GTX 780ti) and yet the game performs so badly that it made me think there was something wrong with my computer. Well after making sure every single thing was up to date i still had stuttering and framerates in the 30's on the lowest settings in the game!. How the hell can you people honestly give this game a good score for this crap?, i will never support bethesda again if this is what we PC gamers get, Companies need to start optimizing their games for PC otherwise they should not release a broken game such as this!! Expand
  24. Jun 6, 2014
    Wolfenstein is an FPS for the console generation. It's mechanics are trite and your efforts in the game are meaningless due to a feeble story-line and an unsympathetic protagonist. The graphics are great, the guns are ridiculous, the enemies are plentiful but the whole thing amounts to a zero-sum game. There is nothing in this game that holds the attention for more than a 15 minuteWolfenstein is an FPS for the console generation. It's mechanics are trite and your efforts in the game are meaningless due to a feeble story-line and an unsympathetic protagonist. The graphics are great, the guns are ridiculous, the enemies are plentiful but the whole thing amounts to a zero-sum game. There is nothing in this game that holds the attention for more than a 15 minute play-through before the tedium of endless, grey-brown landscapes and dull enemies bores you into submission. This game has no heart. Its dynamic is confused and it has no idea what it's trying to be. Expand
  25. Jul 25, 2014
    Sex scenes in a first person shooter / action game are incredibly inappropriate. This crass and distasteful addition has grossly offended me. it is sick and pointless, what kind of decent game design does that? it is cheap. I have enjoyed the rest of the game, it is well put together and the preceding scene on the train worked incredibly well and then that pointless and crude scene cameSex scenes in a first person shooter / action game are incredibly inappropriate. This crass and distasteful addition has grossly offended me. it is sick and pointless, what kind of decent game design does that? it is cheap. I have enjoyed the rest of the game, it is well put together and the preceding scene on the train worked incredibly well and then that pointless and crude scene came along and completely ruined it. it was completely out of place and felt like it had been forced in to objectify the characters and take away any compassion I might have had for them. what was the point of that? am I supposed to feel more caring for the characters now? now they have been reduced to sex objects? the entire connection with the game world has been destroyed by that and I now feel very negatively about the game, I have no motivation to continue because I now see the game world as a porn set and the characters as sex puppets. I don't even understand the motivation behind this tasteless stunt. how does it fit in with the characters ethos? the scene at the beginning where he clearly states that family is not for him. so instead he screws this nurse he had the hots for? am I supposed to feel empathy for his actions now? or maybe his entire persona has changed now? am I supposed to find the world believable?
    I honestly don't feel like continuing now.
    Anyone who values character integrity in games, you will want to give this game a miss. it is insulting.
  26. May 24, 2014
    This game had serious flaws, deal-breaking ones, that could have been avoided, but the developer just didn't care. The first Wolfie was a milestone in gaming, while this is only a sad epigon. Let's see why:
    1. There is no open save. Even the 1st one had. Now the world's changed, they only care for profit now, and that is mostly console gaming. Young dudes who have the time of the world playing 24/7. And the games nowadays are made for them. You scr.w up something then you wait to load, you wait for the ingame movie and then remake everything again. Clock is ticking and we can say we made a game that 20 hours long. Yeah, if you could save by yourself that would have been 5... I was so mad for constant waiting, that after a few tries against the last boss I uninstalled and watched the ending on youtube...
    2. There is no open world. Basically you run around in a tube, all the way. You have no choice, just sit in the rollercoster and it goes by itself. Wolf 1 was more open 20 years ago.
    3. The difficulty is changing. Sometimes you finish a level without dying, sometimes you try for 20 times parts that should have been lot easier. I played on normal. I play for fun. I don't thing that your penis size is is directly proportional to difficulty/time spent in front of a game. On the contrary. If a game is hard I have no problem, but it should be fair and constant. This isn't.
    4. Collisions are scr.wed up. Even a tiny vertex can stop the Giant. Not to mention the welding. All flawed: you cut a hole where you can go through with a tank, but it won't let you. You weld and weld and in 20 mins the whole grid or crate side suddenly just disappears.
    There are some parts that entertaining, but that is not enough sell as a game. I wanted some old school fun fps, and I ended up with an annoying mess I grew to hate in the end. I read some other reviews and it is not a miracle that almost everyone who gave this title a 10 has one rating only.
  27. May 21, 2014
    The texture quality is very bad, prologe realy boring, too easy and dont make realy fun. KI is very dumb in some parts and if you live in Austria or Germany you can`t play the Uncut Edition, you have to buy CUT witch has a different story because all about nazis was removed, make no sence to play this story
  28. May 13, 2015
    I am german and i would have loved to buy this game, from what i've heard and seen it is probably awesome....but i refuse to buy a censored version and even worse a version where i can't even play with english audio because for no reason whatsoever Bethesda forces german players to play with german audio. This is why people torrent games, good job Bethesda!
  29. May 23, 2014
    MY GOD, YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO RENDER HOMAGE TO WOLFENSTEIN NOT TURN IT INTO RAGE!!

Ok, I apologize for that, but i can't believe they did it... Mega-textures, ID Tech 5 engine, and 43 GB of data. Thats supposed to make this game beautiful and inmersive right? Well, it never worked with RAGE, why would it work with WTNO? You start the game and the first thing you notice, is that the bethesda logo screen lags beyond belief... Its not a game rendered cutscene... Its just the logo. Then into the game the rest of cutscenes lag and eventually freeze for several seconds, until the game starts and BAM!! 1 FPS!! REALLY? My specs are Above the recommended!! So I try to change the weird options abiavle in the menu, which I cant tell what they do or the impact they have since they're completely new (theres no trace of AA nor SSAO, nor any of those) So I search in the steam forums only to find that some guy named Voksi (god bless his soul) has found and implemented a fix (Darksouls anyone?) but the developers are deleting it from everywhere, guess that having your game broken at launch to be fixed singlehandedly by one person is bad image for them. So I manage to find the fix and it works fantastic!!, now I get from 30 to 50 fps, so I can see what it looks like in motion, but... I can see something weird... TEXTURE POP IN!!! AGAIN!!! You turn your head and the world starts loading in front of you... All of that for the sake of an engine that didnt work years ago with RAGE, which flopped so hard because of its problems, only to be reproduced again in 2014 in the new Wolfenstein title!! And the Mega-Texures? MY GOD!! If you could see how bad it looks... It looks WORSE than RAGE!! How that even possible? The textures may be unique but they're so low-res and have so much pop in its impossible to play the game!!, ITS COMPLETELY UNFINISHED!! And the best part? I still got an average of 37 fps, that reaches 50 when the game feels like to, so its not comfortable to play AT ALL. So I looked again in the options menu, and I found my settings were on Medium, so I just lowered them to see if that fixed it aaaand... Nothing changed. So I cranked them up to maximum aaand: Same framerate! Sooo I can run the options... But I cannot run the engine?? And that made me realize that even with the game on MAXIMUM, It would look like a 2008 game! I even thought of forci texture filtering and AA through the nVidia control panel, but then I remembered: the framerate is unplayable as it is, and even if it manages to look beautiful, the pop in and the framerate would ruin the experience. I dont mind games having low graphics but I do mind when they're broken! If he original Wolfenstein had suffered from broken textures and unconsistent fluidity I would had been pissed off even then!!
    I cant believe I paid 40 bucks for this, I paid those because it was published by bethesda, andthe game looked awesome in the trailers, guess this is the last time I risk it for a company's publishing brand, because Bethesda was the only publisher I trusted, even after RAGE flop, which I have to say It was fixed to a certain degree by some fixes right after release (by the community mostly). I gave you one more chance and you disappointed me YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!! No seriously, check the steam forums on wolfenstein page and you'll see hundreds of post complaining, like a 90% complains- 5% lenguages that I cant read posts, and 5% "This games good" posts.
  30. May 28, 2014
    Game setting IS awesome, but the game itself it's just sub-average.
    Levels and enemies are boring and repetitive, story is messy and uninteresting, stealth mechanics are too raw to keep the player entertained for long. Perk system... Lol.
    Game setting IS awesome, but the game itself it's just sub-average.
    Graphic is decent, but still doesn't justify at all the ridiculous requirements for this game (Core i7 as minimum requirement? l2optimize... -__-) and surely it's not worth to be called "next generation". The previous generation offered better, let alone the next one.
    Finally, the game is full of bugs... Bugs the developers admitted being aware of, but still didn't bother to fix in time. Rushed releasing at its best.

In short, forgettable game unworth of the "Wolfenstein" name, but may be worth getting on Steam for 5$ in a year or so. If they fix the bugs. And optimize the code.
  31. May 24, 2014
    Well what sould I say? FPS game with boring characters like anya,etc... and poor story...not to mention the graphics this is so called NEXT-gen game? looking pretty bad and have a nightmare system req.Not to mention Blazkowic dont even aged in the stoy he looking exatly the same as the first chapters, how is he can walk right after 15 year? how is he looking like a bodybuilder after 15Well what sould I say? FPS game with boring characters like anya,etc... and poor story...not to mention the graphics this is so called NEXT-gen game? looking pretty bad and have a nightmare system req.Not to mention Blazkowic dont even aged in the stoy he looking exatly the same as the first chapters, how is he can walk right after 15 year? how is he looking like a bodybuilder after 15 years and he was sick and don't even get some bodybuilding? WTF is this game?

The game: Cutscene blablabla sex,cutscene blablabla kill,cutscene blablabla kill.

positive:one walktrought

negative: graphics,too high PC system req,characters like anya,too easily predicated storyline
  32. May 25, 2014
    Wolfenstein : The New Order is a profoundly broken game. How can a player enjoy an alleged "next-gen" shooter when the game constantly freezes and crashes? The internet is flooded with complaints about how unplayable this game is. A look at the game's graphics engine shows it to be using the same bug ridden engine that iD's RAGE used three years ago! And all of the same problems that RAGEWolfenstein : The New Order is a profoundly broken game. How can a player enjoy an alleged "next-gen" shooter when the game constantly freezes and crashes? The internet is flooded with complaints about how unplayable this game is. A look at the game's graphics engine shows it to be using the same bug ridden engine that iD's RAGE used three years ago! And all of the same problems that RAGE had are reproduced in Wolfenstein. Anyone considering buying this game should wait until it ends up in the same bargain bin that RAGE did, at least some of the bugs may be patched by then. Expand
  33. Jan 2, 2016
    Pure ZERO rating. Purchased this one yesterday in a Steam promotion for $8.99. After half a day of downloading I was able to make it to the first mission that appeared to be on a plane. The frame rate dropped and the stuttering was so severe that I was unable to play.

Spent all day today downloading it to my other 2 systems and had the same problems. Spent 3hrs until now researching and reading tons of forums on the serious stuttering problem many people are having. I have edited game files, tweaked this and tweaked that and have checked all my drivers for each system and not yet found a fix that works.
    I own 3 Alienware systems (1 laptop and 2 desktops) that are each more than capable of running this game. I have learned from forums that it doesn't matter how awesome your system is with specs etc., the issue with game is with AMD and NVidia. I will list my systems that each have had almost identical issues at the same point.
    #1 - Older M17xR1 w/SLI GTX 260m (with latest drivers), Q9000 Intel, 8gb DDR3 - 11FPS
    #2- 2yr old X51 w/GT 640, Intel i3 3.3ghz, 6GB DDR3 - 17FPS
    #3- 6 week old Area51 w/GTX 970, Intel i7 5820k, 16GB DDR4 (downgraded from win 10 to 7)- 25FPS

All 3 are NVidia cards...all drivers updated. Have tried all the fix tweaks for this game on each system with no change in FPS at all to the original. Have moved ALL settings to lowest possible for this game with only minor changes....and with these systems I consider it a crime to run this game at low settings.
  34. Jun 17, 2014
    Horrible game
    Train wreck of a game engine poor textures having a severe performance issue with my nvidia card which runs the game at 10FPS and yet its cool at 56C .
    Gunplay is generic, gun sounds/impact sounds are terrible it is also very linear and levels are literary copy pastes and feel the same.
    The game is extremely boring infact worst than 'WATCH DOGS"
  35. May 23, 2015
    Another scripted linear slow console port covershooter. Ugh, as if there isn't enough of those already?

This thing is as far from being wolfenstein as possible. If you want wolfenstein, play the known Return To Castle Wolfenstein instead. RTCW is now a bit older but it still holds up very nicely though and actually doesn't keep interrupting you every second like New Order does.
  36. Jul 14, 2014
    When experiencing this game, you have two options. Either id Tech 5 works and you can play the derivative game, or it doesn't work, and you can't. I am part of the latter category. I grew up on id games and Quake 1 is one of my favorite games of all time so it saddens me to say this but id is utterly screwed. They are so totally dead. The last programmer worth at least his weight inWhen experiencing this game, you have two options. Either id Tech 5 works and you can play the derivative game, or it doesn't work, and you can't. I am part of the latter category. I grew up on id games and Quake 1 is one of my favorite games of all time so it saddens me to say this but id is utterly screwed. They are so totally dead. The last programmer worth at least his weight in short-grain rice from the bulk food aisle, John Carmack, is longer working there, and even then his most brilliant idea for this engine series in the past decade or so has been megatextures, something that no one is terribly likely to use in the near future even with multi-thousand-dollar graphics and storage setups (not to mention the bandwidth required to download these games). What is so horribly wrong about id Tech 5 here? Lack of graphical options. Lack of scaling. Options that are forced off on the consoles in order to get it to run on 10-year-old technology are not present on the PC. The game doesn't even go below 720p!! You can't turn off antialiasing, nor anisotropy!! These things must all be forced off manually from your graphics drivers' control panel. Currently I'm sitting on a $60 turd that I cannot play despite meeting the minimum requirements because of the poor technology - also catalogued in the RAGE release, by the way - released by one of the former greatest graphical engine programming teams. Rest in peace John Carmack; hopefully your over-enthusiasm for Rift will result in something productive for video gaming. Expand
  37. Apr 2, 2015
    I really can't explain myself why this childish game need 64 bit. When I was hit in the face with those white-ish poor textures, I've lost all interest in playing this simple run and gun. No buy from me! I've tried the game at a friend...
  38. Sep 9, 2016
    Overrated mediocre shooter from an overrated developer, id. id made a big name for itself with the original Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake, back in the day. This has carried them for many years, even though they stopped being top dogs in graphic engines and gameplay for decades. Their last good game was Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Doom 3 was overrated crap and the point when their downfallOverrated mediocre shooter from an overrated developer, id. id made a big name for itself with the original Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake, back in the day. This has carried them for many years, even though they stopped being top dogs in graphic engines and gameplay for decades. Their last good game was Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Doom 3 was overrated crap and the point when their downfall began taking place.

Fast forward to 2014, and they release a short mediocre console shooter on the crappy engine of Rage. Game is a huge download while being really short with few assets. What are they storing in those files, blu rays of the developers weddings or something?

Bad graphics for the hardware it requires, crytek makes it look like a joke. Gameplay is not that bad, but we have seen it all before.

You wouldn't excuse repetitive run of the mill shooters from a smaller developer, why overrate this? Because of id, Wolfenstein brand, and Bethesda? Meh. Avoid it unless you are a hardcore shooter fan.
  39. Dec 28, 2016
    A 2016 review.

Sorry but is impossible to play this game... lock at 60fps. The game is very slow with LOTS OF TEARS. If I can play the witcher 3 at 144 (sync) or 180 without sync (at max settings, plus force SSAA) I need to play this game at least at 144hz lock.

This is a deal break for me.
  40. Jan 1, 2015
    Honestly one of the worst games I've ever played. Audio/Video delay, TERRIBLE story, redundant gameplay, and terrible ending. The only positive thing I have to say about this game is that it was short so I didn't have to suffer through it for to long before I could fully evaluate it.
  41. Jul 11, 2015
    Now, I will say, this game is good. The graphics are superb, as well as the story and gameplay. The game also has a fun little nightmare mini game, which is by far my favourite part of the game (I'm a sucker for retro games). But I encountered problems with the pc version of the game. Problems I didn't have with the console version. The game would often crash at the loading screen, makingNow, I will say, this game is good. The graphics are superb, as well as the story and gameplay. The game also has a fun little nightmare mini game, which is by far my favourite part of the game (I'm a sucker for retro games). But I encountered problems with the pc version of the game. Problems I didn't have with the console version. The game would often crash at the loading screen, making it difficult for me to play. Even when I got the chance to play, I encountered pop up textures and invisible walls blocking my objectives. This meant I couldn't go past a certain point early on in the game. Now I realise most people have not encountered these issues, but I did and this is MY review so I will review the game based on MY experience. Not someone else's. Shame really. The game looked great on other peoples pc's. Expand
  42. Mar 12, 2015
    The premise for the game is awesome, and the parts of the game I've played between cutscenes are quite good. The gameplay itself is extremely linear. The number and length of the cutscenes is way over the top in my opinion. The game's biggest flaw is that even so long after release it's a buggy, unplayable mess. I have all the latest drivers etc. installed, and every 10-20 minutes the gameThe premise for the game is awesome, and the parts of the game I've played between cutscenes are quite good. The gameplay itself is extremely linear. The number and length of the cutscenes is way over the top in my opinion. The game's biggest flaw is that even so long after release it's a buggy, unplayable mess. I have all the latest drivers etc. installed, and every 10-20 minutes the game crashes completely and I have to reboot. Expand
  43. May 7, 2015
    Fun in parts, but intentionally held back by design problems (that were solved by other developers decades ago) just for the purpose of feeling "retro."
    PRESENTATION - 7
    PRESENTATION - 7
    Graphics are really good technically, although there's nothing here that justifies a 40 gig download. Seriously, what exactly is that hard drive space going towards, because it doesn't look any better than 8 gig games. Aesthetically, it looks okay, but nothing that impressed, and I got lost quite a bit because many rooms look alike. Enemies have ragdoll physics and gib and bleed, which is satisfying. A few interactive background objects react to gunfire here and there, but nothing on the order of Stranglehold or the Red Faction games. Sound is good. Menus are functional. The plot is...there...clearly alot of effort went into it, but it didn't grab me (Nazis were evil?! SHOCK!).

CONTROLS - 6
    Standard FPS controls, although the movement feel isn't quite as good as Halo's. I like the fact that hard vs fast tap distinguishes between knife-melee and knife-throw. But you can only really carry 6 guns at a time (with dual-wielded versions of each) and you can't mix-and-match which gun you have in each hand the way you could in Halo 2. The guns are fine for machine guns, but there really aren't any unique weapons that impress (like almost anything from Painkiller or Bulletstorm). There's a new mechanic whereby some (i.e., very few) steel catwalk guards can be cut through with a laser and then fired through, but it's barely used, and even then it's a mechanic put to shame by, say, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 or 2 or any of the Red Faction games.

DESIGN - 2
    As a child, I remember having 30 minutes between when I got home and I could play videoames and my father got home and I had to start doing homework. So my biggest pet peeve in a videogame was always anything that I felt wasted my time, like grinding for levels or not knowing where to go or dying and losing all my progress. Let me assure you, reader, that this pet peeve has not at all changed now that I am older and have even less time for videogames.
    In other, better games, waypoints (Call of Duty) or navigation arrows (Bioshock) have solved the problem of getting lost; regenerating health (Halo) solved the problem of having to waste time hunting for medkits; quicksaving/quickloading (Max Payne) solved the problem of losing progress on death. This game has none of those advances. Other than allowing you to carry more than 4 (or 2) guns at a time, W:TNB eschews every single advance FPS game design has made for the past three decades. You can criticize CoD games for being boring shooting galleries if you'd like, but Wolfenstein's distinction of adding in unnecessary design aggravations doesn't improve anything.
    There's also an upgrade system, which is almost always a bad idea in action games, but at least it's automatic so it stays in the background.
    But the absolute worst part are those fairly frequent sections of gameplay where the shooting just stops and you have to complete a key hunt in order to trigger the next scene, because some developer thought that would help "world-build" better than a cutscene. I don't play videogames to do busywork, I play to relax; I shouldn't have to "earn" the good parts of a game by playing through something that is manifestly un-fun to everyone. About half the 12-hour runtime (so I've read, I got bored and stopped halfway in) is spent NOT shooting people (either keyhunting in rooms without enemies or super-linear stealth gameplay). And it's not like that problem is solved in the multiplayer mode, because there isn't one. (No Co-op, either). There's little to recommend this game over those that let you just run-and-gun the entire length.
  44. Nov 22, 2014
    Although it started as a fun thing, then I still feel after couple of evenings it took to get through this that it was completely boring and actually not very engaging game. Would have expected better, especially considering that they were asking 60€ for it in the first place.
  45. Dec 3, 2014
    Hi Guys what a disappointment this game has been after some 7 hours loading up to get error messages and then uninstall and then reload just to make sure so in total been some 20 hours and still not one bit of the game have I played after sending email etc . to steam and bethesda with no answer I feel completely ripped of why can we not have the games of old where you loaded them in andHi Guys what a disappointment this game has been after some 7 hours loading up to get error messages and then uninstall and then reload just to make sure so in total been some 20 hours and still not one bit of the game have I played after sending email etc . to steam and bethesda with no answer I feel completely ripped of why can we not have the games of old where you loaded them in and after bit twicking away they went and if not we had help online to get it working , Was really looking forward to this game and now I getting to stage of hate it
    Graeme
  46. Sep 26, 2016
    I just wanted to play a good game, and this is not. Can you believe it's capped at 60 fps?, I research and found a few commands in console to unlock fps, but doesn't work, it speed up the game, and the command for speed down doesn't work also. But, I can't believe (again) that you NEED to press a key to pick up a gun or ammo?... this makes the game like a "point and click" game... My God.I just wanted to play a good game, and this is not. Can you believe it's capped at 60 fps?, I research and found a few commands in console to unlock fps, but doesn't work, it speed up the game, and the command for speed down doesn't work also. But, I can't believe (again) that you NEED to press a key to pick up a gun or ammo?... this makes the game like a "point and click" game... My God.

Not recommended for those who like fast-pace/arcade style shooters.
    Recommended for those who like point and click or hidden object games.

1. Aug 6, 2014
    A great reimagining of the series, delivering a fun experience to shooter fans, while bringing a good story and some solid mechanics that feel fresh but still know the roots of the franchise.
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 25, 2014
    The only thing in the new Wolfenstein that turned out really well is music. Shooting is decent and some weapons give proper sense of power, but developers failed to build an interesting game on these foundations. It has some good moments but none of them lasts long enough to be satisfying. Plus the writing is terrible and the way the game constantly forces all that ‘war is evil!’ preaching and Blazkowicz’s moral dilemmas down your throat is ridiculous. I actually couldn’t decide whether the game is being serious or not. [07/2014, p.56]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 8, 2014
    If you've enjoyed shooters of old, you'll love how freshly packaged this one is.