8.2

1. May 20, 2014
    Although not bringing masses to the fps market, Wolfenstein is propped up by successful writing, plot and graphics. The characters are relatable and Wolfenstein is an overall very good game.
  2. May 20, 2014
    I love the art. The gameplay is solid mix of old school from DOOM and Q universe, this is the best modern game that brought solid old school gameplay to 2014.

i gave it 9 out 10 because i expected better texture with 40+ GB of size.
  3. May 20, 2014
    I found the game fun and challenging with much homage to the original games. Fast guns blazing hilarious action or stealth knife kills you get to do it all. Dual wield mayhem is a rush. It's a mature themed game to be sure the Nazi's are not holds barred evil and portrayed very true to life and creed. My only gripe was having no auto pickup on guns armor and ammo.
  4. Jun 4, 2014
    I was expecting Wolfenstein: The New Order to be just another generic shooter using a classic series to drive interest but I was pleasantly surprised to find the game to be a fun and engrossing FPS with a fantastic story and great gunplay mechanics.

The game takes place in 1946 after the Nazi's won WWII and you play agent William 'BJ' Blazkowicz in a Allied force team taking on General Wilhelm "Deathshead" Strasse and his high-tech weapon and human experiment lab. The story goes much deeper as the game progresses with lots of detail and narrative development but I won't expand at the risk of spoiling such a captivating plot.

The presentation is slick and the locations are very nicely designed. It captures the classic feel of the Wolfenstein games and brings itself into the modern gaming era with a polished engine and atmospheric missions. The guns are huge fun to use and the combat is fast paced and fluid.

However the game is guilty in some respects of falling victim to the typical modern day shooters we see today. There are too many scripted sequences and forced gameplay scenarios which mimic that of the campaigns of Call of Duty and Battlefield. The cutscenes are plentiful too although these are intriguing rather than sometimes annoying like the frequent 'push-button to activate scripted events'.

The game isn't massive - I estimate perhaps 10+ hours although there is plenty of replay value here. There is no multiplayer either but Wolfenstein The New Order is a smart and brilliant game in its own right.

Unfamiliar fans of the series may want to hold back and wait until the price drops but if you are a fan of Wolfenstein and/or love FPS games; this is definitely worth a look today.
  5. Jun 4, 2014
    I was really hoping for this to be really great game since I first saw all these amazing trailers. And it nearly became true! It's like watching an amazing movie with great plot twists etc., however I quite missed more personal interactions with other characters and side-quests. And I was quite disappointed how the "alternative storyline" turned out. In overall it is really breathtakingI was really hoping for this to be really great game since I first saw all these amazing trailers. And it nearly became true! It's like watching an amazing movie with great plot twists etc., however I quite missed more personal interactions with other characters and side-quests. And I was quite disappointed how the "alternative storyline" turned out. In overall it is really breathtaking piece and I will love to play it again in the future. Expand
  6. Feb 12, 2015
    It's stunning. From reviews I expected somethin a little bold, but I got something outright brilliant. Technically it's a masterpiece and the W:TNO story is crystal clear and engaging.

I had to look on youtube to see how to beat the mini-boss just before the last boss. Plus I had to look how to get started on the last boss. That really is the only failing of W:TNO. Another boss in an earlier chapter had me shooting at it for about thirty minutes before I had to go online. I had no idea what to do. Plus a particular area lit up red in the crosshair but I discovered had nothing to do with defeating it. That's the main grumble out the way. The second aspect I didn't like was being made to search back and forth for items in the base. I like exploring the graphically well designed sets. Just not be made to whizz from room to room again and again when NPC's want something else finding.

8.6/10. Sorry no higher because those bosses made me scream. However I don't quite feel I want to round it off to 9/10.

People will probably hate me and mark my review down for saying this. However I don't much like WW2 concept games. W:TNO isn't in the same vein as you average WW2 shooter though. It's sci-ridden and it's excellent sci-fi. I got vaguley interested in the recent Wolfenstein because it had an occult theme. It's not on Steam though and too expensive on ebay. That is what lead me to looking at W:TNO. I am glad I did.

Beyond it's excellent graphics, the sets themselves are superb. I mean they are as imaginitively realised as any I have seen. The audio is equally well handled. There is music that fits the story, set, and tension. The sound effects are top notch. At one point I kept pushing up the volume to hear the music, which was a tech tune. I fired the heavy assault rifle and gave my self a shock. It was loud but it wasn't the volume. It was how realistic it all was for a couple of seconds.
  7. Dec 29, 2014
    A welcome comeback to a more traditionnal gameplay after the era of "get to cover 5 sec to fully regen your health" FPS. This game remid you the pressure you get when you are about to die after a hard passage, and the joy of then finding a medkit. Having the actual possibilty to choose how to deal with a situation between stealth and going full frontal in most level is quite welcomeA welcome comeback to a more traditionnal gameplay after the era of "get to cover 5 sec to fully regen your health" FPS. This game remid you the pressure you get when you are about to die after a hard passage, and the joy of then finding a medkit. Having the actual possibilty to choose how to deal with a situation between stealth and going full frontal in most level is quite welcome (although I don't recomment doing the latter too much on the highest difficulty level).

The storyline in itself is good, and the cutscenes don't feel like nuisances even when you know what isgoing to happen and you easily feel immersed in it, although the ending could have used some work.

The game in iself however is slightly short (10 hours to finish it), and unless you did the game full stealth and you want to do it again full assault (or the opposite), its replay value is quite low and the exploration is quite limited. The graphics are also slightly disappointing.

Overall, it's a good game, but it is not a revolution that will relaunch the classical genre of FPS.
  8. Jan 6, 2015
    this game is what HL2 has been in 2004...
    the new standart for the shooter genre! nobody expected anything from shooter these days....walk point A, shoot x waves, walk to the next point...story? don´t bother it´s bad anyways...
    this game, has everything! Graphics, weapons, sound, characters, a smart and well written story and it plays so smoothly! As for those who didnt know,
    this game is what HL2 has been in 2004...

As for those who didnt know, MachineGames is a swedish developer team build from ex-starbreeze members, which brought us the Darkness and Riddick games.
  9. phz
    May 27, 2014
    A great short story perfected with good music in the background
    one of the best action shooter I've ever played

Interesting 1960 music Interpreted and translated into German language
    have a look http://www.wolfenstein-spiel.de/site
  10. May 29, 2014
    Gripping atmospheric, exciting and soooooo much fun, the FPS shooter is back folks :-) every bit as amazing as the original but with the atmosphere of Quake.
  11. May 27, 2014
    This game is a definitely a top 10 of my all time favorites. It definitely belongs in the group of latest top notch games such as Metro Last Light, Borderlands 2 and Bioshock. Unlike the latest Call of Duty junk(take a good game, butcher it and you'll get COD:Ghosts) this game gives player an option to go slow and stealth or go fast and furious based on one's mood. The story line is richThis game is a definitely a top 10 of my all time favorites. It definitely belongs in the group of latest top notch games such as Metro Last Light, Borderlands 2 and Bioshock. Unlike the latest Call of Duty junk(take a good game, butcher it and you'll get COD:Ghosts) this game gives player an option to go slow and stealth or go fast and furious based on one's mood. The story line is rich and long with smooth transitions between cutscenes and action. Unlike other pretenders give you a cutscene at the end of a level, this game has cutscenes throughout each level which keeps the story flowing and levels long and elaborate.

Of course, the graphics are top notch, so it the sound effects and music score: a must for any game to be a contender.
  12. Feb 27, 2015
    I love the responsiveness of the engine, the fast shooting FPS action. This reminds me of the good old quake and doom days. This engine should be used to make other FPS games. I would definitely buy a plain simple fast paced FPS game using this engine. Otherwise the level design, enemies, balance of this game is mediocre. I like the characters and story, that's above average. But I loveI love the responsiveness of the engine, the fast shooting FPS action. This reminds me of the good old quake and doom days. This engine should be used to make other FPS games. I would definitely buy a plain simple fast paced FPS game using this engine. Otherwise the level design, enemies, balance of this game is mediocre. I like the characters and story, that's above average. But I love the game play, other FPS games do not have this fast response - this is where this engine really excels. I would give it a 7, because sometimes you just run around and it is easy, then you enter a room and you have to replay it 30 times because it is so difficult. But I give the engine a 9. So the final score is 8 :) Just please do not use this engine to make **** games like Evil Withing, instead make some fast paced FPS. Expand
  13. May 27, 2014
    The New Order has set the bar for the first-person shooter in 2014 while reviving a franchise with both originality and observance of its history. This game is a well-balanced solution of all the ingredients in a rewarding shooter: combat, story, cinematics, graphics, discovery, and, again, originality.

As with any self-respecting shooter, The New Order's combat is solid. The firearms are predictable and rewarding to the player. The gun inventory feels conservative in this game, but it doesn't hold the game back. Rather, the player becomes intimately familiar with the parts of his or her inventory while being reminded that you're an enemy on the run and you're making due not with your army's weapons but that of your foe. The stealth aspects of the game are a viable alternative to clearing chapters in the style of Rambo. Stealth is simple, challenging, and as rewarding as the gun combat. The perk system also helps to empower the player to choose either approach to the combat.

The New Order's dystopian take on an alternative post-WWII reality, while in words does not sound original, is both new and engaging. In doing so, the player is subjected to a range of experiences that gives the story weight and meaning while carefully reminding the player that much of this was reality for so many people without being historic or bibliographic.

All of the cinematics in The New Order are rendered in game. This serves the game well, as there's a nearly seamless visual transition between cinematic and live play, adding to the sense of immersion that the player will experience. The facial representations, greatly bolstered by id Tech 5, are so realistic as to become the focus of almost all cinematic action - it's natural, even!

The graphics have definitely contributed to a rocky start for the New Order, there is no denying. Once, however, you've coaxed your rig into a stable state, there are a few tweaks that are needed to reach a state where the graphics are a part of the experience and not a distraction. Namely, the engine's handling of textures are fields of view less than 100 can be extremely distracting. Some particle lighting effects can be confusing, as the player will expect a usable/collectable object only to find it was a spark. This point speaks mostly to the next topic, however.

Discovery in The New Order, speaking of treasure, records, Enigma Codes, was a mechanic that I had several progressing opinions of throughout my playthrough. At the beginning of the campaign, I really didn't care at all about treasure or Enigma codes; I had no idea what they did and was so compelled to advance the story that I didn't concern myself with collectables. At a quarter of the way into the game, given the effort to clear some rooms and areas to get collectables, I got more serious about them so I wouldn't have to repeat these efforts later. At two thirds of the way through the game, and particularly because of a negative collectables experience in Chapter 10, I've regressed to giving minimal thought and effort toward collectables. Some require just too much effort and time and it has impacted the flow of the game for me too much to continue.

Ultimately, sticking to the story and combat, this game keeps me playing for hours. It's a new take on a topic that makes the player's mission feel imperative and rewarding. While I suggested earlier in the review that I wanted to avoid repeating efforts throughout the campaign, I'll most definitely be starting a second playthrough.
  14. May 23, 2014
    [TL:DR] Buy it. I highly recommend this game. Single-player Campaign only. Golden Eye like game design. Epic writing and cinematics. Knife-AWP OP. Stealth rewarded.

After 30 hours of playtime and 100% of achievements completed on 'Uber' difficulty, I feel I am ready to rate Wolfenstein: The New Order. Between the well-crafted levels and deep character driven story-telling, this game is easily one of the best modern shooters. The Nazi regalia art deco style thrived off creative and believable level design. That is to say, the graphics are stunning and tuned to the story as much as old great titles a Half-life or Golden Eye were. There is such fine detail that the weapon models are different for the era and location.

The characters brought the game to life with beautiful true to the moment animations. The animations were cinematic throughout the game. The tempo and pacing of the voice acting over the animations were fluid and felt real. The outlandish game had a believable band of characters that truly came to life beyond previous standards.

The mechanics offers fairly tight shooting while the gameplay offers various styles of play; Stealth, Run-and-Gun, Explosives. You could go cover hopping while dual wielding rocket launchers or silently takedown enemies with special knife attacks or equipping a silenced pistol to avoid alarms. However, you can mortally wound a foe by throw a knife into his foot.

The AI was ok. The soldier enemies used cover well and the heavily armored foes close the gap and cause a lot of trouble for your health bar. I did encounter enemies that tried to throw grenades through pillars killing themselves and anyone nearby.

Often considered related to AI is the difficulty options. There are five to choose from harkening back to the original Wolfenstein in theme. I only played the 'Uber' difficulty so, I don't know how much the experience differs. The maximum difficulty felt like less of a challenge and more of it took a lot of bullets to kill everything other than yourself making shotguns the bane of your existence.

All in all, I know I raved about the story-telling being amazing, and I mean it. On my first play through I felt like I was watching a two-hour film you would gladly pay $20 to see. Instead, I got a 15 hour experience for $60 dollars, that I could watch again with different mechanics, levels, and characters.

I highly recommend this game. Fair warning, this game is rated 17 plus. Contains a lot of violence and gore. Also, has some, believe it or not, tasteful sex scenes.
  15. May 28, 2014
    Wolfenstein TNO has to be one of this year's great surprises, it is a very fun game with superb graphics. The storyline is also as a great surprise as it's all pretty entertaining and certainly above average for video games.
  16. May 30, 2014
    Nice quick action fps shooter good performance 60 fps locked no drops. Good story. Would be a 10 if it had a multiplayer mode and any replay value at all.
  17. May 31, 2014
    This is the first ever Wolfenstein game I have ever played, yet not the first Id game. I'm a fan of the Doom franchise, and similar to Doom 3, this Wolfenstein game found ways to be both new and bring back to life nostalgia from older Id titles. At first my Steam copy of this game was unplayable due to lagging issues regardless of the graphic settings, but after installing a newer versionThis is the first ever Wolfenstein game I have ever played, yet not the first Id game. I'm a fan of the Doom franchise, and similar to Doom 3, this Wolfenstein game found ways to be both new and bring back to life nostalgia from older Id titles. At first my Steam copy of this game was unplayable due to lagging issues regardless of the graphic settings, but after installing a newer version of Catalyst graphic drivers, this was fine. I love the action and story to this cinematic game. Expand
  18. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is great. It's a breath of fresh air, which is ironic considering it's basically a classic FPS with a modern story and modern graphics. However, I think it's nice to play a game that's true to its roots. It's a refreshing break from all these new games that try really hard to be original.

If you like classic FPS games, and games with a good (although somewhat unrealistic) story, this game is the game for you. It's fun, satisfying, and it seems pretty long, from what I've played. I highly recommend it.

My one complaint is that sometimes it can be a bit too hard in a bad way. More than once I've been shot and killed out of nowhere when I was behind unbreakable cover. Also, I feel it's not generous enough with the checkpoints sometimes. The stealth can be annoying too, as I've found myself sneaking around for 10 minutes only to be spotted by some random guy that came out of nowhere and probably shouldn't have even seen me. I think it should've given you the option to save at anytime, just like most classic FPS games do. However, I was playing on the second hardest difficulty, so it's probably different on lower difficulties.

Overall, this game is excellent. If you like shooters, do yourself a favor and pick this one up right now!

If only Duke Nukem Forever was made by the people who made this...
  19. Feb 4, 2015
    One of the most underrated titles of 2014! "Wolfenstein: The New Order" sets a brand new standard to shoot em up games. With intriguing plot, stunning graphics, and a perfect representation of what current gen "remakes" should be.
  20. Dec 30, 2014
    One word comes to mind: Solid. The gameplay is solid, the environments and their diversity are also solid, even the story is fine. The shooting is executed very well and it's all about precise mouse movements, high frame rates and fast reflexes - in my book that's all it needs to be. Good old responsive and lively action. The weapons are implemented well and there are just enough of them.One word comes to mind: Solid. The gameplay is solid, the environments and their diversity are also solid, even the story is fine. The shooting is executed very well and it's all about precise mouse movements, high frame rates and fast reflexes - in my book that's all it needs to be. Good old responsive and lively action. The weapons are implemented well and there are just enough of them. Graphics are high value and look convincing and interesting. The 'Perks' system is fun while not getting in the way. It has fair addictiveness factor as oppose to the latest CODs' single player, which in my opinion are worse than not playing any game at all. Some atmosphere is also there, though it is noticeably less than the Metro series (for ex.).

And while I don't try to compare this game to older Wolfenstein games and didn't really have high expectations at the frist place, I am pleased to say I thouroughly enjoyed it and I whould be happy to play future games in the series based on the experience with this one.

-1 point because of pure technical reasons - the 60 frames cap. (yes I know - the human eye...blah blah). I did enjoy some 120+ fps gameplay just before this one, and this limitation was a bit like a cold shower (only after getting used to the smoother performance, otherwise it is fine enough. Still, the point is: such technical policies should not be tolerated, especially for the FPS genre).

PS: It totals to about 8-9 hours of gameplay
  21. Jan 31, 2015
    Altogether the game is dynamic with actions which alternate well infiltration or shooting. A rather reactive IA (mode uber) which can surprise the player. Then the graphics is very correct and the well detailed maps if one stopped for all to visit:)
  22. Mar 9, 2015
    Wolfenstein the new order is set three years after the events of wolfenstein (2009) and first stars with you once again playing the role of Captain William "B.J." Blazkowicz (Brian Bloom) along with pilot Fergus Reid (Gideon Emery) and Private Probst Wyatt III (A.J. Trauth) and all three of you are heading to General Wilhelm "Deathshead" Strasse (Dwight Schultz) compound. You end upWolfenstein the new order is set three years after the events of wolfenstein (2009) and first stars with you once again playing the role of Captain William "B.J." Blazkowicz (Brian Bloom) along with pilot Fergus Reid (Gideon Emery) and Private Probst Wyatt III (A.J. Trauth) and all three of you are heading to General Wilhelm "Deathshead" Strasse (Dwight Schultz) compound. You end up crashing you plane out side of deaths heads compound and after an extreme Nazi kill streak you end up falling along with the rest of you squad into Deathshead's human experimentation laboratory. after escaping into another room and fighting a Supersoldaten 1946 version you get trapped in the room by deaths head and knocked out after the room almost crushes you. when BJ awakes he in the lab where is Deathshead forces Blazkowicz to choose who he will gruesomely kill Fergus or Wyatt before leaving Blazkowicz and the survivor to die in the laboratory's emergency incinerator. after this you escape the laboratory but Blazkowicz suffers a critical head injury rendering him unconscious. Expand
  23. May 25, 2014
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is the best sequel in the Wolfenstein series at all. Bethesda’s team did really an excellent job in AI, storyboard and the atmospheric sound and locations are just breathtaking. In a nutshell: The game is and just looks great!
  24. Jun 3, 2014
    Amazing game driven by a truly captivating plot. The characters are very dynamic and show how people would react in those situations. Clearly lots of effort put in by the devs, as there are tons of areas and items that are hidden throughout the game. Very solid and fun shooting mechanics as well as upgrade system. The graphics were definitely awe-inspiring at points and went well with BJ'sAmazing game driven by a truly captivating plot. The characters are very dynamic and show how people would react in those situations. Clearly lots of effort put in by the devs, as there are tons of areas and items that are hidden throughout the game. Very solid and fun shooting mechanics as well as upgrade system. The graphics were definitely awe-inspiring at points and went well with BJ's inner monologue. All in all, Wolfenstein is an well-made, extremely captivating, immersive game. Expand
  25. May 30, 2014
    Fun, Fast, Violant and Gritty. and a decent homage to the old FPS games, ive really enjoyed the 12+ hours campaign, game reminds me of the quake and riddick games. a very nice surprice game in the middle of all the over hyped crap games, nice work Bethesda and ID
  26. Jun 28, 2014
    Excellent game. Breath of fresh air. Good story, great graphics, great imagination, A+ shooter.

One thing that stands out to me are the "commonplace" elements of the story. You have cutscenes on a train, on in a village, that stand out as carrying meaning that they otherwise wouldn't have. What I mean is, because shooters are so in-your-face, the cutscenes that are more mundane are actually some of the most interesting points. There is, I think, something to be learned from this videogame, if you pay close attention to those cutscenes.
  27. May 24, 2014
    What a pleasant surprise!

What a pleasant surprise!

This game is retro breeze from the past but in a positive meaning. Take this game as an equivalent to Expendables movies. If Expendables showed up 15 years ago, everyone would be annoyed and bored in a way like "jeez, not these crusty clowns again, please!". But nowadays, when everything must be shot with shaken camera, every plot has to have at least 3 twists and main antagonist is pictured as internally disrupted guy who deserves our sympathies, it has just hit the audience with the force of 10 has-been bad-asses. And so did the Wolfenstein.

This game is pure linear corridor one with a couple of tiny options to finish the task - there are always 2 or 3 ways at the maximum how to reach the checkpoint, and so it is with the play-style: you can be Sam Fisher, the Terminator, or both. Nothing more, nothing less. But it is great and entertaining.

The plot is surprisingly very dark and serious. I don't know why I expected the plot will be ironic, over-the-top humorous story about stupid and impotent Nazis against Duke Nukem style bad-ass. I assume it could be because of Iron Sky movie from which Wolfenstein borrowed some ideas for sure. Speaking of which, this game is full of pop-cultural references to movies like Robocop, Inglorious Basterds etc. for example, but anyway, the plot is neat, the atmosphere is brilliant and the ending is satisfying. And did I mention that B.J. is a fricking bad-ass?

Now the negatives.
    Unfortunately, this game is not polished. It suffers from time-to-time crashes, micro-stuttering is almost everywhere (especially in interiors) and AI is poor and sometimes suffers from bad path-finding. There is also weird checkpoint system - sometimes, when you die, you are spawned behind the spot you died so you do not have to face those enemies who killed you before.
    Crashes and micro-stuttering will be fixed in time for sure with patches and new gpu drivers, but I am quite sure AI and checkpoint system will stay as it is now, which is sad.

But hell, this game kicks ass anyway! I am looking forward for the sequel.
    Well done, Machine Games!

8.5/10
    (1 point down for technical issues, 0.5 point down for lack of Nazi Dinosaurs)
  28. Jun 28, 2014
    So **** nice ... this shooter is dope ... the atmosphere it creates through the setting and it s great diversity and storytelling ... just awesome ... I never felt like this before ... the graphics are very nice and the gameplay is diverse and tactical ... just love everything about it
  29. May 23, 2014
    A great FPS. The 'feel' is spot-on if you take the couple of minutes to get your key bindings and mouse sensitivity just the way you like it. Bethesda has been involved so you can take the majority of things that make a good game and tick those boxes as a given. This game does exactly what it says on the tin. Run and Gun at its best.
  30. Jun 29, 2014
    This is the best FPS I've played in years. It's easily one of the most interesting stories, not just because of the Nazi's, but because of the actual characters. They feel like real people, even the Nazi's talk about their familes and how they would like promotions. It's hands down one of the best games I've played in a while.
  31. Jul 3, 2014
    UBER GOOD. Well, yeah, textures fail from time to time. But who cares? Best game of the year, and let me tell you that I a harsh critique of FPS games. Good writing, interesting scenario, astonishing music ... W:NWO just replenished my hope in industrial games.

SIX DLCs and A SEQUEL!
  32. Jun 29, 2014
    This is an incredible, outstanding and awesome game. I can only hope that there is a sequel to Wolfenstein and that others take note on what a first shoot game should be. Well Done! I will be willing to pay good money for the next chapter of Wolfenstein.
  33. May 22, 2014
    Holy crap. I've been waiting for a game like this for years. No more will I put up with the "ultra realism" modern crap of Call of Duty and Battlefield after playing this. So the first gameplay I saw of this game didn't impress me. It was linear, scripted and it held you by the hand. And although their are some of these elements present in the game's lengthy campaign, their short and don'tHoly crap. I've been waiting for a game like this for years. No more will I put up with the "ultra realism" modern crap of Call of Duty and Battlefield after playing this. So the first gameplay I saw of this game didn't impress me. It was linear, scripted and it held you by the hand. And although their are some of these elements present in the game's lengthy campaign, their short and don't take away from the core gameplay - which evolves actual shooting. Go play Ghost's campaign (don't by ghosts this is just an example), you'll probably be waiting 10 to 15 minutes before you shoot something. Here you're right into the action dual wielding machine guns fighting Hitler bots! Bottom line; ITS FUN! Expand
  34. May 27, 2014
    Just amazing!
    It has everything that a good game should have starting with NOT taking itself to seriously. There are some absolutely crazy elements and weird machines, insane gun play (dual shotgun? sure!), and an absurd story line. Sure, it might not be an ambitious game and it may have almost no depth in it, but at the same time it is simply FUN to play - not a common thing these days!
  35. May 27, 2014
    What an amazing game it is! I didn't expect this from this game.. I just wanted to give it a try. Then I got addicted to it. :D Story is also very beautiful. And the gameplay is just too good. It took 12hours for me to finish the game...
  36. May 27, 2014
    Very good game all around, old school fps with excellent voice acting, level design, characters, story, really surprised by how good this game actually is.
  37. Jun 14, 2014
    As far a single player FPS goes Wolfenstein: The new order is probably the best game I have played in the past two years. The gun play is tight and engaging, the difficulty is fair (and very challanging on higher difficulty levels, requiring stealth and patience to prevail). The stealth system is very engaging and enemy placement is perfect for a stealth game play.

The best part of the

The best part of the game is the scenery and the story. The game play never gets boring, from fighting nazis on the streets to using a flak cannon, stationary guns, underwater battles, and every a very cool segment that I would prefer not to mention because it's a spoiler.

If you are thinking of getting this game just go out and get it !
  38. May 30, 2014
    There is only one word that this game can be truly described in for its greatness and that word is awesome.

Nothing bad or down ratted that i see in it and i just beat the game so nothing bad about it at all. I would vote 11/10 if i could.
  39. May 26, 2014
    Machine Games and Bethesda succeded in bringing the Wolfenstein series back to the mainstream in a big way. The game is beautiful, with an engaging story and combat that feels familiar, yet has a refreshing change of pace from other AAA shooters. I was disappointed that there was no multiplayer a la 2003’s Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (a game I still play to this day) and hope that ifMachine Games and Bethesda succeded in bringing the Wolfenstein series back to the mainstream in a big way. The game is beautiful, with an engaging story and combat that feels familiar, yet has a refreshing change of pace from other AAA shooters. I was disappointed that there was no multiplayer a la 2003’s Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (a game I still play to this day) and hope that if there are other games in the series, they implement a multiplayer game mode to the game. Expand
  40. Jun 28, 2014
    Amazing game. Truly. Fantastic storyline, graphics and audio. Soundtrack is awesome. The models and the guns are great. The guns are really great and well balanced throughout the game. I have nothing bad to say about this game at all. I have no idea how anyone (such as below) could write a poor review of this game - it must be that their PC is not powerful enough to play it on goodAmazing game. Truly. Fantastic storyline, graphics and audio. Soundtrack is awesome. The models and the guns are great. The guns are really great and well balanced throughout the game. I have nothing bad to say about this game at all. I have no idea how anyone (such as below) could write a poor review of this game - it must be that their PC is not powerful enough to play it on good settings. I guess I am lucky to have a PC good enough to play it on max settings. I don't normally write reviews btw.. but I just had to for this! BUY IT AND ENJOY IT! Expand
  41. Jun 30, 2014
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is a game I went into with moderate expectations and came out with a renewed hope for the future of gaming. Being a fan of dystopias, I was looking forward to seeing how the plot would be handled, and if it would be done well. Coming from roots that never grew too "deep", I didn't expect a whole lot of depth of story from the Wolfenstein franchise, and I wasWolfenstein: The New Order is a game I went into with moderate expectations and came out with a renewed hope for the future of gaming. Being a fan of dystopias, I was looking forward to seeing how the plot would be handled, and if it would be done well. Coming from roots that never grew too "deep", I didn't expect a whole lot of depth of story from the Wolfenstein franchise, and I was pleasantly proven wrong. The narrative of New Order was exceptionally well done. If you're here, like I was, for a good interactive story (and this is a single player game built to tell a story in a linear fashion...so why else would you be here?), then you'll be drawn in right away. While New Order, like its predecessor, doesn't take itself too seriously from a technological "what if?" standpoint, it certainly does treat the themes it raises very seriously. The issues raised are both chilling and alarming, and like its many dystopian inspirations, has something to teach – even if it has been taught many times before. This is not a knock on the story, mind you. All dystopias share certain themes and words of caution, and this one is no different. The point here is that Wolfenstein draws you in, slams you on the ground, and says, "Here's a terrifying thought. What if the Nazis won WWII? Let's get crazy and explore this!" ...and they do! They do in both horrible and absurd ways, but always in a manner that keeps your eyes glued to the screen in utter horror as you ask, "What is going to happen next?!"

Once we get past the exciting plot, and terrifying narrative, we begin to dig down into the finer minutiae of the game. The graphics are enjoyable, and these days, stunning graphics are everywhere and nothing special. While I'd agree the graphics in Wolfenstein are nothing groundbreaking, they do nothing to detract from the storyline, and there are several parts (particularly the hideout of the rebels) that makes you just want to explore every visual detail of the space. You can tell the creators placed a lot of love and care into that area...and while others do not feel as lovingly crafted as that – I never once felt as though I was being pulled out of the world and left lacking for visual enjoyment.

Gameplay was, overall, extremely well done, with a couple of issues, which is where my 8/10 score comes from. First off, the whole run and slide mechanic was poorly implemented. It was so unwieldy to use I found myself never using it except in places where I was forced to...and learning how to do so resulted in multiple untimely deaths and repetitive and long-lasting load screens. This was a huge frustration very early on in the game and one which didn't need to be there. Secondly is the pickup system in the game. While I understand there's a certain bit of realism in having to put effort in to picking up every item individually by clicking on it (much like you'd place effort into leaning down and grabbing the item with your hands in real life) ...this is NOT real life, and the mechanic of doing this is a bit frustrating. I'd much rather have a hybrid "grab everything within a radius of me" type of mechanic instead ...if an auto-grab feature was simply out of the question.

Overall, I cannot give this game any less than an 8. It really did the franchise justice, and while I agree that gameplay wise it has done nothing new, and certainly won't show us anything amazing from a technical standpoint, it will tell a very fun and engaging story...and leave you terrified and chilled to the bone at what could have become of this world (in a semi-realistic, semi-over-the-top way). Pick it up. It's worth your time.
  42. Jul 3, 2014
    Not many single player FPS's have got my attention since Half-Life Two was released. Picked this up during the Steam summer sale. Was expecting something similar to Bioshock (amazing setting, mediocre game play and graphics) Boy was I surprised. This game is awesome! Looks amazing, is fun to play, and the story is pretty engaging. This one of the best FPS's I have played in a very long time.
  43. Jun 22, 2014
    Really enjoyed this game, have just finished it. The storyline is entertaining and novel. The game is well thought out and paced. It was just enjoyable. No technical issues, just played and had a blast. Recommended!
  44. Jun 1, 2014
    Play this game if you don't mind some cream in your jeans. Holy **** they did it: a single-player only FPS with an interesting and nuanced plot, great gunplay, graphics, and characters. Shooting Nazis no less! I loved this game, buy i t before you finish reading this.

As a Polishman myself, playing as a Polish badass was inspiring to say the least. I know BJ Blazkowicz has been around since Wolf 3D, but here he's pretty much the perfect protagonist for the game: tough, sense of humour, and with a dash of philosophising. All the characters were great (stereotypes sure, but great), with special mentions going to Fergus **** keeping Wyatt around), Anya, and Set. Was really immersed, which is not something that happens often with FPSes for me (I definitely think the lack of multiplayer helped here).

Shooting people was fantastic all through the game; dual-wielding shotguns gave me a warm fuzzy feeling I haven't felt with a game for a while. They really worked to make the Nazis hateable all over again, which made blowing them to bits that much better. **** political correctness. All the guns got great use, although I think a tiny bit too much emphasis was put on the laser weapon...but it's kickass, so who cares. Enemies were varied and kept you on your toes...I died many, many times charging in with the same tactics. Stealth was simple yet effective as well, and actually benefits you every time it's implemented.

Finally, the environments and ambition of the game. This was the best part of the game for me. Environments were great (prison, asylum, A BRIDGE OVER GIBRALTAR?!) as was the globe-trotting. I love Europe, so seeing how much of it fell to the Nazis was always refreshing; this was also aided with the use of newspaper clippings and letters. The game uses the implication of what happened to other countries to give the impression that the situation is bigger than you. I really expected to go to America, I really did, and the fact that Bethesda averted that gives the game some cojones. Would have liked venturing outside of Europe for one mission (or perhaps a bonus mission or DLC) or having an epic airship battle above the clouds...just to mix things up.

Oh yeah, and the graphics are sexy too (on Ultra)!

Overall, Wolfenstein: The New Order is a must-play. Badass mechanics, engrossing environments, and its excellent plot make it one of the best games of 2014 so far, if not the best. 9.3/10.
  45. Jun 26, 2014
    A nice old school FPS game. To me, it looks like a sequel early 2000 shooter games I used to like, but like whose games, it is not perfect by any means. Graphic and gameplay are very good, the story is ok, but the level design could have been much better. I'd like to see a multiplayer add-on for it ( preferably free ), I think it really needs it.
  46. May 28, 2014
    I think dev's point was to assure the essence of FPS games and not to screw in story matter.
    In that, New Order is freaking awesome. Yes, Multiplay would've been nice but i can understand it.
    If you expected a next-gen mind blowing game, dont buy it. If your gaming life were old enough that you know or played DOOM & former Wolfensteins, I'd say give it a try. Pro Combat rocks

Pro
    Combat rocks
    Story decent
    Nonstop(fluent?) walkthrough
    Killing Nazis
    Nice mixture of old fps systems (some new)

Cons
    Some bugs and graphic issues
    No multiplay
    Not a lot of new, innovative ****
    60 bucks
  47. May 24, 2014
    A brilliant end to the Wolfenstein franchise. Exciting and adrenaline rushing gameplay, intense cutscenes, guns blazing, explosions everywhere, this game is amazing. And the storyline is incredibly gripping and emotional at the end, with fantastic FPS for Ultra settings on high-end computers. If your computer isn't high-end, then get the console version and stop complaining. 10/10. ThisA brilliant end to the Wolfenstein franchise. Exciting and adrenaline rushing gameplay, intense cutscenes, guns blazing, explosions everywhere, this game is amazing. And the storyline is incredibly gripping and emotional at the end, with fantastic FPS for Ultra settings on high-end computers. If your computer isn't high-end, then get the console version and stop complaining. 10/10. This game is brilliant. Will be playing this again and again. Expand
  48. May 23, 2014
    The game starts off at an intense interactive pace and doesn't let up. Excellent writing and story and gameplay! I played the original and they all keep getting better. Great work!

Those giving yellow and red scores on this game are either trolls or immature people who wouldn't like a game if it was free and made of gold.
  49. May 23, 2014
    Fantastic!
    Good to see a return to simplistic fps games where nothing is overly complicated, Health/armour/ammo etc etc
    Also would like to congratulate developers for making the achievements doable without stupid online achievements or relying on other players just to get some of them! Makes the game more fun not having to concentrate on getting achievements as priority over enjoying
    Fantastic!
    Makes the game more fun not having to concentrate on getting achievements as priority over enjoying the gameplay first.
    Graphics and colours are great, Sound/Music is atmospheric.
    Game only has minor glitches here and there but has not crashed once with everything set to maximum detail, Quite a nice change from a lot of current games.
  50. May 28, 2014
    BUY BUY BUY - This game is as close to perfect as I have seen in years. The game looks amazing if you aren't trying to run it on some potato computer as apparently other reviewers are. The Story is epically insane and just masterful. The CutScenes and immersion are absolutely top notch. I PRAAAAAY we get more from machine games of this caliber, It would deserve an immediate pre order atBUY BUY BUY - This game is as close to perfect as I have seen in years. The game looks amazing if you aren't trying to run it on some potato computer as apparently other reviewers are. The Story is epically insane and just masterful. The CutScenes and immersion are absolutely top notch. I PRAAAAAY we get more from machine games of this caliber, It would deserve an immediate pre order at whatever price they set.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING GAME. if you aren't some child who didn't play the first you will doubly enjoy it.
  51. Jun 1, 2014
    Amazing game I have been waiting for two years for such kind of a brilliant game play. The story and the characters never make you bored its always exciting.
  52. Jun 2, 2014
    Yet another AWESOME Wolf game released!!!! I always loved them and this game travels in the right direction with the Wolf games!!! I love all the little ID references from past games. I am in heaven!!! Im glad I pre-ordered!
  53. Jun 2, 2014
    I'm a 44 year old gamer, and have been playing PC games since the early 1990s. As an avid fan of old classics like Half Life 1 & 2, Quake, and Unreal Tournament series, as well as most AAA titles all the way to present day. I cannot stand console ports, and am usually quite picky. But I cannot recommend Wolfenstein: TNO highly enough. It starts off as a basic FPS shooter but quicklyI'm a 44 year old gamer, and have been playing PC games since the early 1990s. As an avid fan of old classics like Half Life 1 & 2, Quake, and Unreal Tournament series, as well as most AAA titles all the way to present day. I cannot stand console ports, and am usually quite picky. But I cannot recommend Wolfenstein: TNO highly enough. It starts off as a basic FPS shooter but quickly evolves to a game that I can only best compare to Half Life 2. The story is absolutely top notch, the voice acting is outstanding, and the FPS shooter is smart and a blast to play. I'm serious, this is the closest game I've played since 2004 to Half Life 2. If nothing else, I recommend you pay full price for this game, the developers deserve it, and it's the only way to keep getting titles like this. This will be a contender for Game of the Year 2014. Expand
  54. Jun 4, 2014
    This is definitely a 9/10 for me. Although there are some performance bugs for the PC, overall it doesn't really affect how fun and enjoyable this game really is. The story is amazing. WTNO is probably the best FPS I've recently played since BioShock Infinite.
  55. Jun 6, 2014
    One of the best games I have played in a long time.Graphics are amazing game play keeps you constantly entertained I defiantly recommend this game go out and buy it.
  56. Jun 10, 2014
    Its a great game even for slower gaming pc like my .however the enige not load always the texture the story line is great and the graphics are amazing
  57. Jan 8, 2015
    Wolfenstein is a small cut above most modern shooters nowadays, mostly because it adds a layer of character depth that most FPS games neglect, though at no point did I feel very emotionally invested in anyone.

Level/environmental design is quite varied, yet the visuals are slightly outdated due to some noticeable low res textures and lack of anti-aliasing. Texture pop-in and framerate hitches were some other performance issues I came across occasionally. Disabling screen space reflections and shadow resolution decreased the stuttering greatly while also producing little to no discernible difference in visual quality, yet texture pop-in remained unresolved.

Gameplay mechanics are also quite solid and guns feel satisfying to use, though I do wish the game would automatically collect ammunition just to make it that little less tedious.

Overall rating - 7.7/10
  58. Aug 31, 2014
    The atmosphere is a kind of deeper than in lots of other world war 2 shooters. The system requirements seemed incredible high on the back of the cover but I can set everything on highest level with my 3 year old pc. No multiplayer mode? I could imagine that it could have been fun. A plus which is very seldom for German dubbin speakers in pc games, the speakers are according to theThe atmosphere is a kind of deeper than in lots of other world war 2 shooters. The system requirements seemed incredible high on the back of the cover but I can set everything on highest level with my 3 year old pc. No multiplayer mode? I could imagine that it could have been fun. A plus which is very seldom for German dubbin speakers in pc games, the speakers are according to the atmosphere. Now for 35 €. That´s price worth (like 45 $) in my opinion. Expand
  59. Dec 31, 2014
    Just a great FPS shooter. Old school, fast, with great main hero and story. Don´t hasitate to try it, you will love it. One of the best single player shooters in last years.
  60. Jun 27, 2014
    The first person shooter is back! Wolfenstein The New Order focuses on one thing: being an excellent first person shooter. The 2009 Wolfenstein by Raven Software tried to introduce an open world game concept but failed badly in the execution. Yes, Wolfenstein The New Order is a CoD-like tunnel-shooter with a lot of scripting and cut scenes but this is what works best for a character likeThe first person shooter is back! Wolfenstein The New Order focuses on one thing: being an excellent first person shooter. The 2009 Wolfenstein by Raven Software tried to introduce an open world game concept but failed badly in the execution. Yes, Wolfenstein The New Order is a CoD-like tunnel-shooter with a lot of scripting and cut scenes but this is what works best for a character like B.J. Blazkowicz. The game feels more like the 2001 Return to Castle Wolfenstein but gives an immense insight in B.J. Blazkowicz's character. In Return to Castle Wolfenstein B.J. didn't say a single word while other characters have been talking. The parallel universe setting with a Nazi-Regime in the 1960's who won WWII in 1946 and even managed to visit the moon creates an extremely interesting environment to explore. The only thing that I missed in Wolfenstein The New Order was actually Hilter as the Ober-Boss. He was in the 1992 Wolfenstein 3D so why not in Wolfenstein The New Order as an old man in a gigantic robot suite? I also feel the game designers could have made more of the Jewish-Atlantis culture but maybe all of this will come in a sequel? Expand
  61. May 22, 2014
    A great game, if a bit on the short side. I really loved the amount of detail and atmosphere this game has. If you've enjoyed games for the likes of Far Cry 3 and Fallout 3, you will love this game. It's bristling with character. The story is entertaining, and refreshing. There's much value in re playability, since you unlock things by collecting various secret items and there's sideA great game, if a bit on the short side. I really loved the amount of detail and atmosphere this game has. If you've enjoyed games for the likes of Far Cry 3 and Fallout 3, you will love this game. It's bristling with character. The story is entertaining, and refreshing. There's much value in re playability, since you unlock things by collecting various secret items and there's side quests you can take. Expand
  62. May 25, 2014
    This game is a solid 8. Great story, great environment, very immersing. Levels are well thought and done. I cannot remember playing such a good single player mode since maybe Hidden & Dangerous in the late 90's. You really have to think your next move, it isn't an 'all guns blazing' game!

The progress cannot be saved everywhere - the saves are location based. However this isn't a major problem. More annoying is the weapon swap system - turn the mouse wheel to get a circular menu to pick the weapon from. Most of the time is fine, but in the heat of the battle is less than ideal! Would it be too much to ask for a PC-only control? Drop that circular control for PC users! We don't use gamepads! This is the main reason for an 8/10.

Fortunately, I got the DVD disks rather than the download. I am glad I did that - this game will take a massive 47GB of your hard drive! 11 of them will have to be downloaded after the disk installation anyway! HD's are cheap these days, but it could be a problem for some if not much space left inside the box.

Graphics are OK on my 4year old machine. Nothing special but no frame-rate problem like in most newly released games (BF4, Ghosts, Titanfall).

Some complain this doesn't have a multiplayer. Yes, it is true, but buy it just for the single player - it is beautifully done (in a creepy, nazi evil way, of course). A multiplayer may emerge in the future. If the maps will be as well thought as the single level ones, we may be in for a surprise. Of course, they could fail the MP by not releasing public sever files!

This game is a breath of fresh air in the world of PC gaming, where we were promised so much lately, only to be disappointed time and time again.

Buy it!
  63. Jun 28, 2014
    First impressions where not good. This game is done on the id Tech 5 engine, same as RAGE, so it suffers from some horrible, horrible low res textures up close. Amazingly, lowering the texture settings not only increases performance, but it doesn't decrease visual fidelity as far as I could see. Perhaps the highest settings are meant for 4K displays.
    Once you get past that, the art
    Once you get past that, the art direction is impeccable. The Nazis look menacing, the weapons, vehicles and even space suits look the business. The buildings and the equipment has that brutal design that Hitler was so fascinated with intertwined with 60's flavour.

Another thing worthy of note, is the characterisation and story settings. It feels mature and well thought out. Sure, the alternative history thing has been done to death, but as you walk through different areas and hear conversations and look newspaper articles, you get a real sense of what a horrible world the Nazis have created.
    In one particular scene, you have a close encounter with a Nazi official where she toys with you for her own amusement. It is a masterful moment of suspense that drives home the power Nazis have over the population. Masterful.

Gameplay is great, and that's saying a lot in this day and age of FPS saturated game market. You get to shoots Nazis on the moon. THE MOON! Brilliant.
    The weapons are satisfying and some of them, like the laser torch, quite novel.
    The enemies feel like they are capable fighters and even try to flank you. Not overly tough, but a challenge regardless.

Overall, a terrific game that is a must for FPS fans.
  64. May 24, 2014
    The game is definetely a must buy. It's heavily story driven and there are tons of dialogues and cutscenes. The story itself is above average for the genre, and spilling over with details instead of just being a backstory. The game also has a lot of...surprises popping up from around corners. The story is definitely not predictable and filled with cliches, like tons of other games in thisThe game is definetely a must buy. It's heavily story driven and there are tons of dialogues and cutscenes. The story itself is above average for the genre, and spilling over with details instead of just being a backstory. The game also has a lot of...surprises popping up from around corners. The story is definitely not predictable and filled with cliches, like tons of other games in this period.

The gameplay is also very diverse, with tons of different things to do.

The stealth gameplay is very light, and pretty much missing from alot of sections of the game as the enemies are aware of your presence as soon as you enter the map, but it is present in plenty of other sections. Still, the enemies seem to be pretty bad at spotting you and also will not investigate if they see something strange. However they are smart enough to instantly sound the alarm if they see dead comrades or you kill their comrades in front of them.

The AI is pretty good. It takes cover, it throws grenades, uses more paths to get to you and doesn't pile by taking the same path towards you if there are more available, nothing out of the ordinary about it. And then it's dumb enough to stupidly advance towards you through open areas, as well as shoot their comrades in the back if they get in the line of fire.

Graphics are nice. The game doesn't have state of art breathtaking graphics, but that's ok because it doesn't really matter and the graphics are good enough for our times.
  65. May 23, 2014
    Its game with a true old school disposition, we are talking about health packs and an arsenal of distinct weapons. Fundamentally Wolfenstein is all about having fun gibbing Nazis; any of the constraints placed upon the character are those which are necessary to make a game challenging. Not out of a misplaced emphasis on 'realism'. Wolfenstein is very self aware. It succeeds in maintainingIts game with a true old school disposition, we are talking about health packs and an arsenal of distinct weapons. Fundamentally Wolfenstein is all about having fun gibbing Nazis; any of the constraints placed upon the character are those which are necessary to make a game challenging. Not out of a misplaced emphasis on 'realism'. Wolfenstein is very self aware. It succeeds in maintaining an ironic disposition to its plot which lends itself to the whimsy that is inherent to Super Soldier gunning down a Nazi Goliath with a giant laser gun. In this way it blows Battlefield and Call of Duty out of the water. That being said it also succeeds, for the most part, in juxtaposing its ridiculousness with a competent emotional subplot.

TLDR: Self-aware game that knows its players just want to gibe Nazis with lazers. Its decent emotional subplot is the cherry on top, rounding off a great game without stealing the show.

Great game. Highly recommend it be accompanied by a six pack of delicious beer.
  66. May 24, 2014
    It's worthy siquel. It's first game in all the serie, which have very good scene. It's much better than Wolfenstein 2009. What's good it's an oldschool shooter with very good gameplay, that make me happy, like RtCW. The bad thing that is sometimes textures isn't show for a second.
  67. May 27, 2014
    I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised. Apart from a few technical problems with graphics/AI (as mentioned by other reviewers) the game was pretty enjoyable. Solid story-line, good game flow and some Wolfenstein/Duke style humour. Enjoyed the stealth element but going in with dual guns blazing was even more fun!
  68. Jun 21, 2014
    Finally, a good story on a FPS! This blows every single Call of Duty and Battlefield storyline clean out of the water. The graphics are decent, but the gameplay is phenomenal. So much fun around every corner and it doesn't get old.

There is nothing like kicking Nazi ass.
  69. May 21, 2014
    Playing this game is like going back to the single player classics from the nineties but with the graphics of today. I'm so glad they put all the effort on the single player story. Some people will tell that is not worth paying 60 for a 15 hours-long story, I tell them that I prefer that, to play the same maps over and over again as they do in their MP games.
  70. May 29, 2014
    a fantastic game marred by the odd immature power fantasy

If you liked rage but thought it was a bit boring, or loved dishonoured by just wanted to carry around 16 guns, the this really is the game for you. from a PC experience i have to say, very few games i have just been able to download and hit play as easily as wolfenstein: The new order as for teh game, highly recommended. i
    a fantastic game marred by the odd immature power fantasy

as for teh game, highly recommended. i could say going back to "old school, done right" but i really have no memory or knowledge of the oldschool shooters, but if this is what they were like, the nwe need more.
  71. May 23, 2014
    This is a game that offers up all of the good bits of modern shooters, but never once forgets where it came from. Over the top enough to make you laugh without being ridiculous for the most part, great protagonist and characters, and a really interesting premise behind the story. They took what really should have been a derp Nazi slaughter and made it truly compelling. Some people haveThis is a game that offers up all of the good bits of modern shooters, but never once forgets where it came from. Over the top enough to make you laugh without being ridiculous for the most part, great protagonist and characters, and a really interesting premise behind the story. They took what really should have been a derp Nazi slaughter and made it truly compelling. Some people have been complaining about the braindead enemy AI but it plays like an homage to all the old school 90s FPS games. I friggin loved the 90s FPS games. The kids may not get it, but for old farts like me Wolfenstein is pure gold.

Then there's the little things. Every time I expect some dreadful quicktime event sequence, there isn't one. If I botch a stealth kill, it doesn't cause every enemy for miles to come running. One minute I can be sneaky and quiet with throwing knives and silencers, and moments later i'm sprinting around liquefying my surroundings with dual-wield automatic shotguns.

The bottom line: it's worth your time.

Some are mentioning bugs and crashes and other headaches trying to get the game to run. Well, I personally experienced none of this. I'm running a powerful but slightly dated rig: Core i7 3770K, 16GB RAM, 2GB GTX680. Smooth as butter, and no crashes.
  72. May 23, 2014
    Vsync Fix: Disable Vsync in game and force vsync in CCC or Nvidia Control Panel. I set up a profile for Wolfenstein in Nvidia Control Panel, forced Vsync and no more screen tearing.

I'm not experiencing any texture pop in like I did in Rage, but I have got an SDD so my virtual memory swap file is very fast. Graphics don't strike me as next gen but they are good and from what I can see so far, this is a very good Arcade Style FPS with the emphasis on fun. Those who like more realistic combat war games should look elsewhere.

The game does not need an i7 processor. I'm running a 1st gen i5 CPU overclocked to 3.8ghz with a slightly overclocked GTX 770 and the game runs on High Settings at a constant 60fps. The game was crashing on exit but this was due to a conflict with MSI Afterburner. I fixed this by setting up a profile for Wolfenstein in Afterburner which disabled Afterburner monitoring.

I would recommend this game.
  73. May 23, 2014
    This game can be summed up in two sentences: Your killing Nazi's in an alternate timeline. It's not perfect story wise, but it doesn't try to be anything other then what it should be.
  74. May 26, 2014
    One of the best FPS games on the market. What surprised me a lot was just how short the the is - it took me less than 8 hours to complete the whole campaign, therefore not quite sure why this game has over 40 Gigabytes
  75. May 22, 2014
    Wolfenstein is worth the buy, even if you aren't someone who usually likes arcade type FPS shooters. I was hesitant to buy the Wolfenstein Reboot, but I am pleasantly surprised and am glad I did!
  76. May 22, 2014
    I had originally pre-ordered the game for access to the Doom Beta, but upon opening the case, revealed 4 discs. 4 discs that each contained parts to an amazing game! This is the correct way to combine modern shooters with classic ones. Keeping the health/armor system while limiting the regenerating health aspect, allowing you to hold on to all weapons at once and dual-wield them at that,I had originally pre-ordered the game for access to the Doom Beta, but upon opening the case, revealed 4 discs. 4 discs that each contained parts to an amazing game! This is the correct way to combine modern shooters with classic ones. Keeping the health/armor system while limiting the regenerating health aspect, allowing you to hold on to all weapons at once and dual-wield them at that, somewhat linear level design but different ways to approach each scenario making it a nice addition. The game also gives you a sort of bond with each character. Despite only meeting the characters for a short amount of time, it seems like you've known them for years. The graphics are very nice, even on low they are still good. Sometimes framerate can drop at times, and if you don't have the right PC, the game may not even run. I'm sure they will eventually fix these issues because every game has issues on release. I have not completed the campaign yet, but as far in as I am, I'm already attached mentally and physically to this game. I was expecting a mediocre, bland Wolfenstein game but I was proven extremely wrong because this game is incredibly good. For everything, I give this game 10/10! Great job Bethesda, MachineGames, Zenimax, etc.! Expand
  77. May 24, 2014
    Genuinely one of the best FPS I have ever played, Machine Games made me care about a big, muscle bound lug! I hope these guys get to do a sequel or even work on DOOM 4. Well done to the team. Everyone should play this.
  78. May 22, 2014
    I've been using Metacritic for years but I rarely ever review. This game and the direction it took makes me feel obligated to make a review for the sake of the gaming industry. In the last 5-10 years we really have seen a decline of the FPS genre due to the hyper realism that has been introduced into it. Shooters use to be about having fun and blowing $hit up, unfortunately the industryI've been using Metacritic for years but I rarely ever review. This game and the direction it took makes me feel obligated to make a review for the sake of the gaming industry. In the last 5-10 years we really have seen a decline of the FPS genre due to the hyper realism that has been introduced into it. Shooters use to be about having fun and blowing $hit up, unfortunately the industry has moved away from its original roots to its detriment. Wolfenstein TNO may just be able to wind back the clock. This game is about having fun in a solid combat system, combined with good characters and a sturdy storyline. The gunplay is amazing, I have played this on Uber mode, i've collected all the items and finished the second storyline and still keep coming back for more, simply because it is fun to play (the same feeling I had playing Painkiller years ago). The game isn't amazing graphics wise but it is good enough and there has been issues for some users who I feel terrible for and hope they release a patch for them soon. Machine Games should be proud of themselves, it would be so easy in this day and age to throw on a half-a$$ed multiplayer just for the sake of it but they haven't. They stood true to their original goals of creating a solid singleplayer experience with a good mix between old school/modern shooter features and have pulled it off well. I very rarely pre-order games, maybe 1 a year if that but I did for this game and I wasn't let down. I hope for the ET fans out there the success of this game leads to a multiplayer standalone or spin off and everyone gets what they want. Overall this game is probably a 8-9 out of 10 but i'm going to give it a 10 simply due to the fact I think this is a step in the right direction for the future of the FPS genre and I need to reward a company who goes against the grain with the right motivation at heart. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Expand
  79. May 21, 2014
    This game is simply a blast, it's nothing like what I expected. This game is certainly not your average generic COD FPS shooter, but rather a really fun game, with a great story to back it up. The stealth works great, the guards don't just magically see you hiding behind something, or from a long distance, you can proper sneak right up to the Nazi scum and slit their necks.

The

The satisfaction from firing the weapons, specially duel wield, while taking out the Nazi's make for great action and keeps you wanting more. Trust me this game does not disappoint, if you want something to keep you tied over till Watch Dogs this is the game.
  80. May 21, 2014
    Having a complete blast. Don't think I've had this much fun with a shooter since the first F.E.A.R. came out. The game is flat out gorgeous, there's a depth of color in the lighting and shadows that I've never seen before that make the environments look amazing. It's just fun. The gun play is responsive enough without losing the old school feel. The story and characterization is quiteHaving a complete blast. Don't think I've had this much fun with a shooter since the first F.E.A.R. came out. The game is flat out gorgeous, there's a depth of color in the lighting and shadows that I've never seen before that make the environments look amazing. It's just fun. The gun play is responsive enough without losing the old school feel. The story and characterization is quite wonderful, along with the pacing throughout the varied locales, the game feels huge. One of the things that might get overlooked is the soundtrack, which is just damn amazing. The sound design as a whole is extremely impressive.

The game does feel a bit raw as a port however. I think the PC version was a bit rushed, but I'm sure the game will be patched as things go on. There are technical complaints, but I'm clueless on where they're emerging from because I've been running the game without issue on a somewhat mediocre machine.
  81. May 22, 2014
    Game is "unplayable": Get a computer built in this decade
    Game is "too easy": There is a reason the easy level shows character wearing a baby hat sucking a nipple
    Game is "unrealistic": Were you expecting, "Farm Simulator" or "Anna"? All you do is "Shoot" and "Kill People": ummm FPS... The game is fun, entertaining, and brings back to what made ID games great, pure FPS. Can't wait
    Game is "unplayable": Get a computer built in this decade
    Game is "unrealistic": Were you expecting, "Farm Simulator" or "Anna"?
    All you do is "Shoot" and "Kill People": ummm FPS...

The game is fun, entertaining, and brings back to what made ID games great, pure FPS. Can't wait for the new DOOM.
  82. May 22, 2014
    From fighting Nazis on land, in a U-Boat and to the MOON! A truly interesting twist on history but with realistic elements still left to give it relevance to what really happened. Wolfenstein: The New Order is a worthy follow up to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. If you enjoyed the RtCW, then you will wnat to play this sequel.

Buy this game, thy shall not regret thy choice!
  83. May 26, 2014
    Old-school shooter with modern production values. It really is a 9-10 star game but they should have held off launching it for another 1-2 months that's all. I had to download some nvidia beta drivers from england to get SLI working, and even then I had to force the settings to turn it on. I also disabled v-sync to get it snappier like a real FPS should be, by default it was turned on. SoOld-school shooter with modern production values. It really is a 9-10 star game but they should have held off launching it for another 1-2 months that's all. I had to download some nvidia beta drivers from england to get SLI working, and even then I had to force the settings to turn it on. I also disabled v-sync to get it snappier like a real FPS should be, by default it was turned on. So what's we're seeing now is bunch of spoiled whiners who can't figure these things out and gives the game a 2-4 rating... probably didn't even buy the game.

But it really is a triple A game. Best shooter I've played in years! Wolfenstein is back!
  84. May 23, 2014
    I had my doubts about this next Wolfenstein title, not going to lie. But after playing it, even for 30 minutes, I could tell it was a very well done game. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is smooth, the story is intriguing, but the overall performance can be frustrating at times. Yes, it is a single player only game but it's a Wolfenstein game nonetheless. Don't skip this game. RentI had my doubts about this next Wolfenstein title, not going to lie. But after playing it, even for 30 minutes, I could tell it was a very well done game. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is smooth, the story is intriguing, but the overall performance can be frustrating at times. Yes, it is a single player only game but it's a Wolfenstein game nonetheless. Don't skip this game. Rent it if you have to. Just play it.

It is definitely worth it.
  85. May 26, 2014
    A game driven by a fantastic plot and backed up by solid shooting mechanics, Wolfenstein is easily my favourite shooter of the year thus far. The graphics aren't crazy good but they're still good nonetheless. If you like old school shooting or history twists then make sure to get this game.
  86. Jul 1, 2014
    What was the last time you've seen a FPS game when you can hold 2 weapons at once? Yeah, I know.

The graphics are insanely gory, but that's perfect.
  87. May 25, 2014
    I've been a long time Wolfenstein fan. I played Wolfenstein 3D for the first time when I was younger, and it was on one of those ridiculous shareware demo discs alongside the beloved Doom! Ever since, I've kept a close eye on the franchise and enjoyed every iteration, including the recent 2009 game that has sadly vanished without a trace for potential buyers. However, this new entry makesI've been a long time Wolfenstein fan. I played Wolfenstein 3D for the first time when I was younger, and it was on one of those ridiculous shareware demo discs alongside the beloved Doom! Ever since, I've kept a close eye on the franchise and enjoyed every iteration, including the recent 2009 game that has sadly vanished without a trace for potential buyers. However, this new entry makes up for that with flying colors!

Wolfenstein: The New Order is, without a doubt, one of the most fun shooters of all time and possibly one of the best shooters ever made. Love, passion, and polish have been put into this game, and I have a lot to talk about. But let me try to make this as brief as possible, so you can get the best review possible!

The gameplay, which is exceptionally fun, allows for a great deal of freedom. Stealth, tactics, or assault. Gameplay can flow between any of these three at any moment. Although the level designs consist of corridors or big open atriums, they still allow for a lot of freedom in how you want to approach a situation. Within these levels, you can find any number of hidden goodies to find, such as collectible gold or special codes that unlock additional game modes. You also will find plenty of useful items hidden in fun locations. Although there is some level of linearity, the game still has alternate paths you can take, even if not all the time.

As you gun down waves of Nazis using some of the best gunplay I've ever heard or witnessed, the gun toting hero will unlock "perks" which provide passive bonuses in 4 perk trees. Although it isn't as robust or plentiful as, let's say, the perks in Fallout games, it is still a rather welcome modern addition and doesn't detract from the game.

The game also gives ample reason to replay it, and not just for the collectibles, as their are two alternate "timelines" which bump up the game to 20 hours of playtime! A major two way choice at the beginning of the game will actually CHANGE a few things about the game, including the characters you meet and what major area traversal skill you have. For example, lockpicking or hotwiring.

Now, the final aspects of the game are the story, setting, writing, graphics, sound, and characters. All of it is actually really surprising. The world is full of creative vision, texture, and flavor (the graphics are pretty nice, but rely heavily on effects). White concrete buildings with red Nazi banners proudly flapping in the wind, a group of prisoners being bullied by Nazi scum, and other things help to add to the world. The characters and story is shockingly good too. But before you criticize it, keep in mind that this in context with what kind of crazy game Wolfenstein is. The game has the best story it could possibly have in its current form! The voiceovers are brilliant, the cutscenes are seamless and cinematic. The characters feel very human and world weary, showing the horrors of Nazi rule!

Wolfenstein: The New Order is a qaulity shooter. It has some snags, of course, keeping it from its momentum towards success. Graphics problems, people having trouble running the game, mouse sensitivity issues in the menus/journal, and a few minor bugs. The game, also, can be repetitive or too linear, but that is a matter of subjective perspective.

I can safely say, with all of that said, that this is one of the best shooters at least for the year 2014. It's excessively fun, balls to the wall, and very playable. It has soul that so many shooters are lacking lately, and it will fill in that gap in your soul as well if you are a fan of shooters! Get this game, you will not regret it, shooter fans OR Wolfenstein fans!
  88. May 27, 2014
    WtNO's killer feature is the fact it's made for us, 20+ years old gamers. We've got tired of dumb rail click-and-hold-to-win shooters as well as of super-complex games with levelling, unlockable weapons, DLCs and other modern stuff. So for now it's just the moment to WtNO to appear. Big **** guns. Big **** enemies. Nice looking, complex, secret rooms filled, layered layers (damn, I've evenWtNO's killer feature is the fact it's made for us, 20+ years old gamers. We've got tired of dumb rail click-and-hold-to-win shooters as well as of super-complex games with levelling, unlockable weapons, DLCs and other modern stuff. So for now it's just the moment to WtNO to appear. Big **** guns. Big **** enemies. Nice looking, complex, secret rooms filled, layered layers (damn, I've even got lost once or twice). If you've played any good old FPS of the past, you've got the point — new Wolfenstein is exactly what you was seeking for. And what's even better is the fact the good ol' FPS design game deeper than ever. Now it's got a HUGE background story, nice dark plot, ton of little hints and details, live characters, list goes further. IMO, only two cons of this game are a bit weaker pacing in the second half of the game and the "Megatexture" technology, which overall looks nice but sometimes it's acting weird and looking very low-res. So, 8,5/10. Looking forward for story expansion pack (or a new game), want so badly to know what's happened with the world after all. Expand
  89. Jun 3, 2014
    One of the best shooters of my life! Probably the best shooter of my life! Everything about the game is amazing except some graphical glitches which are absolutely ignorable. Great FPS. I love id tech engine.
  90. Jun 6, 2014
    Finished Single Player Campaign in 22 hours. Awesome game, loved it, better than I expected it to be. The game just kept getting better as I played it. I will definitely play this again. Played on PC with GTX 780ti 3GB. Graphics are great and the game runs fast at 60 fps at 1440p. If you love id shooters, then you will love this game.
  91. May 24, 2014
    I absolutely loved the shooting experience this game gives you. Yea... maybe the AI is not very inteligent, but that's one way to do a shooter. This game gives you that awesome feeling of mayhem as you fight through hordes of enemies. The inclusion of a stealth element to it makes it even better!

The developers have put quite a lot of effort into the graphical design, which looks really good and stands out. The plot is interesting, characters and dialogues well written. There's absolutely nothing more I really need from a shooter game.
  92. Jul 1, 2014
    This game really is a love letter to the 90's way fps games were made. Exploration with multiple paths and playstyles. Balls to the wall shooting when everything goes to hell. It really brings back that old feeling in an genre now swamped with corridor Call of Duty shooters.

Combine this with a strangely compelling story and setting and you've got one hell of a fun game. There are

There are only two things I think that take away from the game.
    1. The Huge download memory, making it a pain in the ass to download.
    2. There's a lot of pop in textures due to their engine and the mim vs max on the setting isn't actually too different other than the massive framerate dip.
    3. Last if you're going to have stealth I always believing having the option to move bodies is needed. It doesn't detract massively but still.
  93. May 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a fantastic game. I normally stick to the RPG, Strategy, and Simulation genres, but I was very excited about this particular game. I never played any other the previous titles, and all I really knew was that I was going to be killing Nazis with some sweet ass guns. And I was completely vindicated in this expectation.

The prologue was intense, and even though I only had the game set at the medium setting, I died quickly several times before even landing/crashing the transport. But instead of frustration, I felt exhilaration. This is a game where dying is to be expected, and a game that is constantly challenging the player to press E and get back to the carnage.

The storyline is fantastic, the enemies diverse in appearance and have a few different load-outs to keep the fighting from getting monotonous. Weapons are great, although I find the weapon wheel a bit tricky at times (accidentally opening at inopportune moments).

I've played Assassins Creed Black Flag, Bioshock Infinite, and Watch Dogs all in the last month, and none of those three titles kept me engaged and interested like Wolfenstein: The New Order has. For the first time in a long time, I am actually chomping at the bit to get some DLC for a game, just because I didn't want it to be over. I have a strong feeling this will the PC game best received by the community this year.
  94. Jun 10, 2014
    Good game but wish a little more time went into it. I love the graphics and feel to the game cool story line but it could of been a little more in depth and a longer storyline. Only 7 hours to beat on a med. difficulty and not multi player. However well worth the money if your looking for a good single player game
  95. Jul 31, 2014
    Leading up to the release, I thought it was going to be just another shooter trying to market itself using the franchise's legacy. For the case of Wolfenstein, the legacy of being the first one there - thats right, the original Wallenstein from id software is pretty much the first game that let you see through the eyes of the protagonist as you go from room to room, clearing enemies whileLeading up to the release, I thought it was going to be just another shooter trying to market itself using the franchise's legacy. For the case of Wolfenstein, the legacy of being the first one there - thats right, the original Wallenstein from id software is pretty much the first game that let you see through the eyes of the protagonist as you go from room to room, clearing enemies while wielding a gun on the bottom of the screen. Yep, it was the very 1st FPS in history.

The story takes place during the high point of World War 2 in Europe, you crash land into a Nazi occupied castle, accompanied by a small group of soldiers scattered from various regiments, you have a clear task of cutting the head of the snake and end this war. The game captures the agony of defeat at your most vulnerable time - just when you thought you had it won. It carries a very powerful and emotional punch to the gut itself, but what transpires during those darkest hours will haunt you throughout the rest of the game. It further connects you to the game on a very personal level. The characters that you meet to help you fight against the Nazis aren't just there to move the story forward, they aren't your typical forgettable characters you find in most shooters, oh no, they feel like real people going through real hell thanks to the New World Order of the Nazis. Everyone here lost something dear and precious in the 'Old World' to the Nazis and hence have very personal vendetta against them. While on the other side of the fence the cruel and horror nature of the Nazi is brought to life through very well written, well designed and I can confidently say, well hated antagonists in the game. You just don't want to save the people around you, but you also really want to hurt the Nazis and give them no mercy of a quick death.

First impressions are always going to be the visuals, and this game looks good, very good. Not just id tech 5 looks amazing here, from ultra crisp textures, great attention to detail in every corner to bring the world to life. What really caught my attention was the cinematography and the art style of the game: The game uses colors and their contrast to great effect, combined with the sheer attention to detail I mentioned before, it creates a visually orgasmic experience! The environments are very distinct and crafted with a lot of care and thought just like the rest of the game, no two places ever feels the same. Another thing to note, not only the game takes you to a wide variety of places across the world, but across the time as well. The art style, the condition of the world and it's inhabitants reflect this brilliantly.

The level design also gives the player a lot of options in dealing with situations and change tactics on the fly, which the game actually forces you to do so when playing in harder difficulty modes, which I suggest. The weapons are mostly standard you would expect from a sci-fi shooter with some cooling alternate firing modes and there is something incredibly satisfying when you can dual wield weapons like assault rifles, shotgun and even...rocket launchers..thats right..dual wield rocket launchers.

What really stood out for me is also the main reason I will continue to come back to this game long after I finished it is how precise and satisfying the shooting mechanics felt. It is just pure joy to point your gun and just shoot. Further, the weapons feel solid, distinct and carry satisfying feedback all of which combine to make one of the best shooting experience possible . It is the most basic mechanic for a shooter, but you would be surprised that most fail to deliver here. Modern shooters have made great strides in graphics and other enhancements through this medium, but it also came at a price of deteriorating the key functionalities which made this genre timeless. A lot of the essence of the genre is getting lost with modern 'refinements' being made into the genre. It is very pleasant to discover that Wolfenstein have gone back to basics with their approach to shooting. I found the firefights challenging without being frustrating most the time on the 2nd highest difficulty mode I played. The AI was definitely smart to box me in, flank and even find higher ground to get a upper hand during combat situations.Oh yeah one more thing, the game doesn't even have regenerating health, Win!

Wolfenstein is very likely not just my game of the year, but it is one of the most important games to come around in my opinion with a clear message: sometimes you have to embrace the past to guide you a better future.
  96. Jun 29, 2014
    This game is linear. It has quite a few cut-scenes. The story is kinda cheesy but not terrible and somewhat original. Bottom line: it's a simple game, don't expect anything complex.

What makes this game very good? The overall production is great, and you can tell the devs didn't just pull this out their ass, There is a lot of craft in this game that made is very polished and a work of art in some ways. The weapons and overall mechanics are solid and gameplay is clean. Everything about it shows that someone or a group really cared about making this game, the detail is impressive. It's old-style FPS with a nice boost.

All of you who complain about textures... ok. The game looks fine. They have to compromise to get high frame rates with the shaders, particle effects etc. If they did have high textures you losers would be complaining about your low framerates on your l33t pcs. Then u have the lamers who complain about bugs when their computers just suck.

It's very difficult to satisfy the FPS genre these days, especially single player. Many players are either nostalgic about older FPS's or have some mental disorder (ADD) from playing video games too much, and are constantly bored. Reading reviews on this site some people need to seriously step away from a computer. Gamers are a very fickle marketing group that hold very high expectations and are very difficult to please.
  97. May 27, 2014
    This game was pretty amazing, I'm very impressed. Loved the ending. This is one of my favorite all time fps games now. Hopefully machine head games does a part 2 or tries to do another quake game since they handled wolfenstein so well
  98. May 26, 2014
    Above-average FPS shooter, based on imaginative alternative Nazi history mixed in with characters and a story that helps propel the action forward at a nice pace. Some imaginative detail in the environments. Enemy AI is sometimes challenging, as flanking manoeuvres or storm-troopers with armour can be particularly challenging if you don’t have the right ammo/weapon. In fact, on the higherAbove-average FPS shooter, based on imaginative alternative Nazi history mixed in with characters and a story that helps propel the action forward at a nice pace. Some imaginative detail in the environments. Enemy AI is sometimes challenging, as flanking manoeuvres or storm-troopers with armour can be particularly challenging if you don’t have the right ammo/weapon. In fact, on the higher difficulty levels, some of the combat scenarios are pretty tricky. Unexpectedly good stealth elements to the game allow for some degree of choice as to how you progress through levels, but even when alarms are raised and gun-battle commences, it is mostly a lot of fun. There’s also an impressive set of solid weapons to play with, and even duel-wield and upgrade.
    I had some texture pop-in issues, exactly the same as with Rage, but after downloading a beta Nvidia driver, the issue was mostly resolved.
    Regarding the tone of this nod to Inglorious Bastards, I couldn’t help but stab, shoot and kill Nazis with a certain amount of glee. There’s no love lost here for the future Nazis, after the opening sequence you feel a certain amount of blood boil and literally just want to get to the end as quickly as possible and enact a violent retribution upon the main villain. Ethically I have no problem with this, as long as you take it in the same vein as watching a Tarantino movie. You’re asked to commit an enormous amount of violence, but at no point did I feel worried that I had become “as bad” as them. There’s also some dry humour here too. Imagine walking around a Nazi moon base and reading a newspaper cutting that says that Brits have gone off fish & chips and now find sauerkraut more palatable!
    As much as I generally enjoyed playing this game and would definitely recommend it to those looking for a challenging and engaging FPS single-player campaign, I’m taking two-points away from Wolfenstein: The New Order for two reasons: Firstly, the final boss sequence is literally impossible on the harder levels, and rather annoying and not a lot of fun; the ending seems a tad rushed. The other reason is due to the texture pop-in issue. Surely someone should have realised, post-Rage, that the ID tech, whatever it is, has graphical/driver issue that should be fixed BEFORE launch. Was kind of annoying.
  99. Nov 5, 2014
    An amazing game that for me easily sets the bar sky high for others.
    An amazing game that for me easily sets the bar sky high for others.
    The shooting mechanics are top notch, the story is outstandingly written (HUGE congratulations to the writer). It literally made me feel like crying at the end because of how well the game goes with making you CARE about the characters. And not just love the characters but ACTUALLY hate the abd guys, which is something pretty much no other game made me feel. Sure it is naive at times (very naive, making nazis look rather incompetent) so some suspension of disbelief is in order.
    The graphics are good but not great, progression/shooting/collectibles/levels are all top notch, with multiple routes to take. There is support for both stealth and rambo gameplay although I found myself doing something in between. Enemy AI is very good, agressive and always trying to flank you in a smart (well, usually) way.
    The world is crafted in an epic way immersing you into the story since mission 1.
    There is enough guns and enemies to keep you interested till the end of ~15 h campaign. You constantly get something new to do what Blazkowicz does the best, that is kill all the nazis !
    There is one issue though and that would be the pacing. Sometimes I found myself grinding my teeth on a stupidly long fetch quest or wondered why the hell this great level ended so quickly.
    Ever wondered what would happen if nazis won the war with laser guns and robots ?
    Wolfenstein New Order answers this perfectly. 9/10
  100. Jun 8, 2014
    I really like the story, it's like a can of pringles - once you pop, you can't stop! Game graphics are good, although not the most stunning 2014 had brought so far. But don't worry, environments are looking just fine. Shooting nazis is something you have to like when buying this game cuz you'll be doing this all the time. (and its great) It took me something like 18 hours to complete onI really like the story, it's like a can of pringles - once you pop, you can't stop! Game graphics are good, although not the most stunning 2014 had brought so far. But don't worry, environments are looking just fine. Shooting nazis is something you have to like when buying this game cuz you'll be doing this all the time. (and its great) It took me something like 18 hours to complete on hard, leaving lots of secrets and game modes open to replay at a higher difficulty. For a bethesda game i expected a more open world, with more custom options. For me- thats the only con on this very nice game. Expand

1. Aug 6, 2014
    A great reimagining of the series, delivering a fun experience to shooter fans, while bringing a good story and some solid mechanics that feel fresh but still know the roots of the franchise.
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 25, 2014
    The only thing in the new Wolfenstein that turned out really well is music. Shooting is decent and some weapons give proper sense of power, but developers failed to build an interesting game on these foundations. It has some good moments but none of them lasts long enough to be satisfying. Plus the writing is terrible and the way the game constantly forces all that ‘war is evil!’ preaching and Blazkowicz’s moral dilemmas down your throat is ridiculous. I actually couldn’t decide whether the game is being serious or not. [07/2014, p.56]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 8, 2014
    If you've enjoyed shooters of old, you'll love how freshly packaged this one is.