5.0

1. Aug 18, 2013
    I've decided to update my review, as some changes dramatically improved the game play over the past 2 years.

First, the matchmaker spread was greatly reduced so the silly situations where you could not damage any part of enemy tank (including its rear) no longer happen for the most part. They improved the graphics and removed all pay to win advantages so that you can buy premium ammo/equipment with credits and all the premium tanks are much weaker than elited standard vehicles.

At this point you can only speed up your grind with money. This applies mostly to credits, as you can only convert experience between tanks (with some limits) for money, you can't directly pay money to unlock a tank. Premium Account is a must if you are serious about the game, it's 10€ per month and it's the only thing you should buy.

The major problem at this point is the player base. It's absolutely astonishing to watch this many braindead people playing this game, without grasping any concept of armor and cover whatsoever. It would literally take one day to implement a bot that would play smarter than at least 70% of players. This is mostly a problem because Wargaming refuses to implement any sort of skill-based match matching. Therefore, especially on weekends, the game turns into frustrating series of matches where you play 1 vs 29 simply because your team mates are retarded.

And while this could be easily solved, it most likely won't ever be. I'm rating it 6 mostly because of the terrible experience this game brings at times. On the other hand there isn't any competition when it comes to tank shooters, so it's most certainly worth to at least give it a try.
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    Though the game has been improved over the patches and updates, The game is still severely lacking. Unless you spend the time to grind experience for the over priced max level gun, your tank is complete trash. The infamous Stock tank grind can be over with quickly, or it can carry on for an eternity. Wargaming doesn't listen to community feedback, and never will unless it means they earnThough the game has been improved over the patches and updates, The game is still severely lacking. Unless you spend the time to grind experience for the over priced max level gun, your tank is complete trash. The infamous Stock tank grind can be over with quickly, or it can carry on for an eternity. Wargaming doesn't listen to community feedback, and never will unless it means they earn some money. Almost every single map in this game is unbalanced, with one side having more advantage then the other side, Such as in Mines, Sacred Valley, Hidden village, etc, and often the maps are designed for one specific type of tank, leaving either Artillery, Tank destroyers, or Heavy tanks in the dust, as they serve no purpose, (Artillery on Himmelsdorf) (Heavy tanks on Malinovka) (Tank destroyers on Sand river).
    The main Problem with World of Tanks however, is the player base. You get many types of undesirable players, which there is no shortage of. You get the Ragers, The whiners, the Statistic Elitists, the butthurts, the annoying little children,the Dead player who orders players around like Field Marshal Rommel, The Bots, The wallet warriors, and the weekend players. All these players in one form or another ruin the atmosphere of the game, and take away any form of enjoyment. Often players will charge one side of the map, and die, leaving the surviving players to defend against the enemies (which usually outnumber them). With almost 5k battles, I can say this game is addicting, But if you don't spend money on it, it is a dull grind fest. Also I note the Russian tanks seem to have a Bias to them. This game is far from being historically accurate and the majority of the tanks in the game are from blueprints. Its a mediocre free game, But its better then a lot of the other crap we get for free games. Be prepared for frustration if you are planning on playing WOT.
  3. Jul 26, 2014
    About 95% of your time spent in World of Tanks will be grinding away to unlock your next tank, unless you want to invest your life's savings into one of many premium options to achieve an edge over your opponents. In addition to this obvious pay-to-win game structure, the game play itself can be insanely frustrating if you aren't very experienced. I can safely say that the community is oneAbout 95% of your time spent in World of Tanks will be grinding away to unlock your next tank, unless you want to invest your life's savings into one of many premium options to achieve an edge over your opponents. In addition to this obvious pay-to-win game structure, the game play itself can be insanely frustrating if you aren't very experienced. I can safely say that the community is one of the worst I have ever run into, and that the developers don't really seem to care about the opinions of the players at all.
    Additionally, be prepared to be branded as a trashy player by your teammates, as some among them will have installed XVM, which allows them to view your average win ratio. It is not uncommon to see an XVM user abandon the match before it even starts due to his mod predicting a low chance of his winning the match.

Yet despite all this, I have (on occasion) really enjoyed myself playing World of Tanks, and not necessarily when I'm winning. Certain aspects of the game can be very rewarding, and the in-game models and terrain are surprisingly pretty. Some of the tanks, especially the Russian ones (I wonder why...) are especially fun to play, even for new players.

Despite it's many (obvious) negatives, I can tentatively recommend World of Tanks. Just don't waste any money on it; trust me when I say, it is NOT worth it.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    After playing 4k battles I have to say, stay away from WoT. Once you grind/pay your way to the tier 9/10 tanks the game is ruined by tier 7/8 artillery. Higher tier.. the tactics consist of hiding behind any hard cover to avoid artillery.

They completely dictate the outcome of any battle more then 3 per side are in. They splash damage of 600+ often, direct hits will be 1200+ to 2000+.

WG themselves simply DO NOT CARE even tho the forums are livid with complaints, US and EU. If you want to play and never spend a dime and stick with tier 1-7 then it can be fun.

They should stop misleading people and rename the game World of Artillery (supported by various tanks)
  5. Dec 26, 2012
    This is a weird game to play. In the beginning you love it and you want to keep playing to get that next tank. However, the higher you go the more you realize this game makes little sense. I've literally taken the same tank as my friend and we decided to shoot one another square on (in the same location). One deflected and the other destroyed the tank (Note: we targeted same location onThis is a weird game to play. In the beginning you love it and you want to keep playing to get that next tank. However, the higher you go the more you realize this game makes little sense. I've literally taken the same tank as my friend and we decided to shoot one another square on (in the same location). One deflected and the other destroyed the tank (Note: we targeted same location on each others tank [Hetzer]). Other issues are extremely poor matchmaking. You can't decide which game to join on your own but are forced to play depending on some random computer generated game. One team will have great players with amazing tanks and the other will have horrible tanks with bad players. On average one team with dominate the other. I also find that I was in plenty of battles where I was a teir 4 in a tier 8 battle. I can't understand why I would have been put in those battles. Overall, this game has fun points and I'm sure to keep playing but I think it's very lopsided and isn't far when it comes to tank battles. Expand
  6. Jun 11, 2011
    I would consider it an okay game, good graphics, nice maps, and good tanks. The tanks are limited to WWII range or so and it mostly relies on money. If you happen to buy some gold and buy a special tank, you can blow up a newbie (me) with one direct shot near or direct. Not the best game because it relies on money but very fun experience!
  7. Apr 16, 2011
    I was beta testing the game. Now it went life, with still some glitches that will be ironed out in the next few months. More goodies are promised such as new game modes and the endgame content.

The game is advertised as free to play. This is true... but when you play for free it is one of the most frustrating games you may spend your time on. Even with the premium account, you will be frustrated many times, but without you will really feel the pain. Bear in mind that amount of money you can spend on this game to get this extra bit of edge is nearly unlimited. Actually, when you spend *a lot* of money (say $10 for premium account and $0.05-0.5 for each battle (say you do 10 battles per hour, you spend less at the beginning) + possibly some additional $$ for experience transfers between tanks [can be substantial, depends on your style] and premium tanks), you will be in a very enjoyable game. Skill still matters, but without a premium account you will be *very* frustrated (as you will not earn enough in-game money to buy tanks you got the exp for, so you need to grind just for in-game money, you will not have spare money to put rather useful extras on your tank etc). As for the in-game money and leveling, without premium account things will take maybe two-three times as long. In the end, without premium ammo (which is significantly more powerful - often makes a difference between damaging enemy tank solidly and damaging it much, much less or not at all) you will be still frustrated from times to times, but, as relatively few players use premium ammo in normal battles, it is bearable.

The game will also give you some great experiences from time to time, but - if you are inexperienced and play for free - those will be rare when compared to times you feel frustrated.

Social play: first of all, you or your friend needs to have premium account to take part. Then, it can be great fun, even in the random battles (which are the majority of play). In a well coordinated platoon (up to 3 persons) you will have much higher chances of winning. Still, this is not common at the initial grind, and, realistically, if you don't play with friends you know before, you will have to join a clan (guild) to have a chance to play in platoons without too much troubles. There is no option in the game to easily group with other people (company battles may be, such an option, but at the moment you first need to grind to tanks high enough) - as such you need to be in a clan to realistically enjoy tactics and group play.

As for the end-game content, well, it is not released at the moment in the US. It may be good, but your clan will have to be at the very very top and competitive to get anything out of it. I did not experienced it (as it was not in beta test and is not released), but it seems to be just for few players.

I chose to not pay for the game and treat it extremely casually or quit completely. I would stay if everyone had exactly same chances for given price a month (sort of the system in beta, where we were getting same amount of gold [premium game currency] into the account as part of the test which was quite fair). As it is now, when everyone can buy as much gold as one wants for $$, the game is not fair anymore. Though, if you pay, you can enjoy it a lot... the more you pay, the more you will enjoy it... Note, however, that skill is still important and those who pay and have skill, and play in well coordinated platoons, will have no troubles to deal with players who are relatively skilled but not in platoons and thus not well coordinated. Not to mention those who are relatively unskilled, as you will be when you start playing [luckily early levels are a bit more forgiving, so you have chance to learn. Still, in beta, often it felt that, in fact, playing the lowest tier tanks is the most fun]. Hope it help.
  8. Jan 1, 2015
    Well, last I reviewed this game, I gave it a 9. Unfortunately things have changed for me since then. The game has fun mechanics and the tanks really feel like they should much of the time. However, you reach the top tiers and it just grinds to a halt. It takes forever to get the next tank and several of the high tier models you need to play through are annoying. That may well mean that youWell, last I reviewed this game, I gave it a 9. Unfortunately things have changed for me since then. The game has fun mechanics and the tanks really feel like they should much of the time. However, you reach the top tiers and it just grinds to a halt. It takes forever to get the next tank and several of the high tier models you need to play through are annoying. That may well mean that you need to spend fifty hours of gameplay working a tank you hate just to get to the next one and that's not ok. You can pay your way out of it but on high tiers that easily means paying 50€ if not more to convert the XP you need. For one tank.

When I drive my favourite tanks, I have fun, but getting on with the game from there isn't something I have the time or money to actually bother doing.
  9. Jan 8, 2014
    World of Tanks has much problems which need to be solved to become a really good game. Such problems as balance in matchmaking, graphics and server optimization, some gameplay moments. When all this problems will be solved, World of Tanks can become a perfect online game, not earlier.
  10. Feb 26, 2012
    Its hard to rate this game. For a casual player it is good. Action packed. For mmo veterans, it can be a massive timesink and an exercise in frustration. The endgame is split between high tier random battles and Clan Wars. The random battles at high tiers is very flawed, but the clan wars system is fun and challenging. Very hardcore.
  11. Mar 4, 2012
    All you need to know about about World of Tanks is that it will NEVER be more fun than the first 5-8 hours you put into it; in fact, you will end up chasing the novelty and fun of those first few days for the remainder of the time you remain committed to World of Tanks. Because after you have tiered up and onto battlefields where Tier V+ tanks are present, the game just begins thisAll you need to know about about World of Tanks is that it will NEVER be more fun than the first 5-8 hours you put into it; in fact, you will end up chasing the novelty and fun of those first few days for the remainder of the time you remain committed to World of Tanks. Because after you have tiered up and onto battlefields where Tier V+ tanks are present, the game just begins this stifling exponential decay curve regarding fun. If you have managed to only invest time in your tanks and not any $$$ up to this point (which *is* possible if you are the glutton for punishment type) you will nearly immediately find yourself compelled not only to upgrade to a premium account but also to purchase large chunks of gold at $20-$30 at a time just to eke out a little more fun and novelty. And if you decide to rage against this machine that wargaming.net has constructed for you (not advisable), you will be rewarded with a smoldering, charred metal corpse of a tank just about every time you play. Don't be fooled, this game is eventually p2p and the reality is that by the time you are "encouraged" to pay. . . it's just not all that worth it any more. Enjoy, but be advised. Expand
  12. Mar 28, 2012
    Having played the game for just over four months, the only thin I can say is: unless you're ready to dish out serious amount of cash, this "free 2 play" online shooter is not worth it. Don't get me wrong, the game is tremendous fun until you get to about tier 4. Then you start being thrown into fights with tanks that can effortlessly one-shot you, while you can't even do any damage toHaving played the game for just over four months, the only thin I can say is: unless you're ready to dish out serious amount of cash, this "free 2 play" online shooter is not worth it. Don't get me wrong, the game is tremendous fun until you get to about tier 4. Then you start being thrown into fights with tanks that can effortlessly one-shot you, while you can't even do any damage to them. This is where the fun stops, and you start a grim grind, getting ever higher tier tanks, thinking the next one will not suck so badly. But it does. And when you're up at tier 7-8 you will start losing money on battles, even if you play on a premium account. And higher tier tanks don't get any cheaper, so to keep your cash balance positive, to got to either play lower tier tanks again, or buy a money-making premium tank for 45 euro. Imagine, say, in WoW having to play several 40-50 level characters for the sole purpose of paying for the upkeep of your 85 level main character. That's a bad design right there, and the game is not fun at all when you get to that point. Sooner or later, it will become as a chore, playing just to get the daily experience bonus. I understand the company wants to make money off their game, but disguising World of Tanks as free to play just seems cheap to me. Expand
  13. Sep 18, 2013
    The gameplay is fun, the grind is... long. Very, very long. But since the gameplay is fun, as long as you're not grinding out a crappy tank, you can enjoy the time you do it!
  14. May 26, 2011
    I want to say the truth about this game. World of Tanks is awesome game! It has very nice graphics, easy controls a it is very realistic. The best WW2 game I´ve ever played. A big positive is no lags and bugs, developers are really taking care of this game and we can see the result of their work. :-)
    And now the Clan Wars came! Another very good part of the game. I
    And now the Clan Wars came! Another very good part of the game. I can´t write everything here...it is a very long list of all advantages. I just love this game and it´s only one I have installed on my PC. :-)
  15. Feb 12, 2013
    So many reviewers complain about the fact that this game (like most games these days) uses "experience" to "unlock" equipment not to get an advantage over other players, but become even. True: You have to spend much more time IF you are not willing to spend real money on "Premium Tanks" and you have to play harder more carefully without "Premium Ammo", as you cannot penetrate an enemySo many reviewers complain about the fact that this game (like most games these days) uses "experience" to "unlock" equipment not to get an advantage over other players, but become even. True: You have to spend much more time IF you are not willing to spend real money on "Premium Tanks" and you have to play harder more carefully without "Premium Ammo", as you cannot penetrate an enemy with each not so well aimed shot. But it is exactly the same with Battlefield 3, where you can lay AT mines right from the start, but a "more experienced" player with more unlocks on a tank can just see them highlighted like Christmas tree with no skill at all, making AT mines redundant (but no one complains about that, right?). This game has an awesome game mechanic and decent controls, allowing you to play it like a true arcade game, while ballistics and vehicle behavior work like a true simulator. The only point really to hate about this game is the "Tier System", unlocking bigger tanks with more hit points and guns, able to deal more damage (so the balance remains WITHIN a Tier). The matchmaking, placing you above or below other players, kills that balance BAD! Nevertheless you can be a useful addition to any group, if it is scouting, flanking, drawing attention to you, etc. I'd like to see some more effort in team play development or more specialized scenarios, as random battles become very boring. PLUS better friend integration. What's the point of a filled friend list, if you can only join a battle with on friend (or two, if you have a Premium Account)? Expand
  16. Aug 19, 2011
    Theres seriously nothing like World of Tanks. It starts out slow, and starts to chime in about after an hour or two of gameplay. Overall, it's a very remarkable game. You start out with no cash, and no real tutorial and a bunch of simple controls, nothing complicated or special. The tank controls itself are nice, it remains smooth and customizable through the 'upgrade' system-- there are aTheres seriously nothing like World of Tanks. It starts out slow, and starts to chime in about after an hour or two of gameplay. Overall, it's a very remarkable game. You start out with no cash, and no real tutorial and a bunch of simple controls, nothing complicated or special. The tank controls itself are nice, it remains smooth and customizable through the 'upgrade' system-- there are a bunch of combinations too for several gameplay styles or preferences. Balance wise, the game tends to be too rewarding to people who buy 'gold'. Everything from slightly better tanks, more powerful ammo and the ability to host a platoon (group/party) with more than one friend (Yeah.. seriously) costs gold. However, the in-game cash system is exceptionally fair, the amount of cash you can obtain per game tends to be a lot, there are also very helpful 'power ups' that are near priceless when in combat, these do not cost gold, but are very expensive. The game itself is very, very team dependent, 90% of games I've played I either hear people whining or not developing any form of strategy, it's very quiet and tends to be awkward. Overall, I would give it a try it's free, theres nothing to lose. If you love strategy games or just want to try something new try out World Of Tanks. Expand
  17. Nov 23, 2011
    I've been playing this for almost a year now, since Open Beta and have about 7000 battles in total. The current version is 0.67. I'm an absolute nut for WW2 armor, and I naturally liked the concept of WW2 armor FPS. The game is fun to play at first, and you can really pass time on the battlefields. But after a while I find that it has a couple of flaws. It lacks depth because in everyI've been playing this for almost a year now, since Open Beta and have about 7000 battles in total. The current version is 0.67. I'm an absolute nut for WW2 armor, and I naturally liked the concept of WW2 armor FPS. The game is fun to play at first, and you can really pass time on the battlefields. But after a while I find that it has a couple of flaws. It lacks depth because in every battle, you get a random team. So sometimes you get a good team, and at other times complete noobs - and that really affects the outcome of your battle. There's no character or team development at all. You can't practice your tactics or improve your team, because your team mates keep changing. I find that battle after battle, it just becomes meaningless fragging. Although the game is free to play, but there are many disadvantages. Such as once you get to the higher tiers, you can't really play without a premium account. The number of battles it takes to reach tier 8 SPG, or tier 8 tanks is just ridiculous unless you have premium account. Plus, without premium account, you'd go bankrupt when playing tier 8, 9, 10 tanks because they are designed to earn you very little credits and cost expensive repairs, so that you have no choice but to use premium tanks that make a lot of credits to make up for the losses. While I don't mind that its a paid game, but just be aware that nothing is for free. The match maker also does a bad job. Sometimes you get 5 high tier arties on each team, and they are put into a pointless map for arties (Ensk). Other times you get 5 T59s stacked on one team, and you already know who has the advantage for that battle. Of course sometimes it does a decent job too. The plus side is, nicely rendered and realistic tanks/graphics. Nice battle mechanics, good strategy mix such as tank destroyer, scout, medium tank tactics, etc which are all different. Each one requires different tactics to play. I'd give this a 5 because there are good and also bad. Expand
  18. Oct 16, 2011
    The lack of diversity in multiplayer gaming modes makes the game more boring the longer you play. As tanks get heavier and heaver the fun is mostly removed from the game. Tanks seem unbalanced based on damage and reload for the same tiers. Once new game modes are added the game will likely be more enjoyable.
  19. Mar 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amended review ~ Where to start with this one... I still play occasionally I have 15k+ games played, and a guild that can rub shoulders with the big boys but doesn't more often than not. Basics ~ 15 on 15 pvp matches Everyone plays a tank,spg,td or scout. Matches are near instant you click your tank ready you usually pay in 1 minute. Constant gratification It's kinda has a weird shaped enjoyment curve .. it's starts out great and then you start to get abused at tier 5-6. If you slog past this to tier 9/10 for simple love of the game and the genre you will continue to play. If not you will find better things to do with your time. It's a Russian game, which has it's pluses and minuses. Their original intent was to make WoW and they ended up with WoT. No clue how. So the bad first #1 The match maker is purposely trying to defeat you, you can change your fate through skill, teamwork and intuition, improvisation. But you will find that no one will win more than 60-65% of their matches because the match maker doesn't consider accurately the ability of various tanks, skill of the players (in and out of 3 man cell groups called platoons). And at this point with what over 100 tanks to choose from the problem is exacerbated and un-fixable, without a completely different game play design . #2 Micro-transactions ~ There isn't a less trustworthy way to to employ micro-transactions than selling power but that's EXACTLY what they do. They sell everything, it's like they read a game developers paper on what to do and what not to do and did everything anyways just because. Well a lot of games sell power, every pvp game does it, but none in the universe charge you as much as WoT will. You pay for tanks that grind experience faster, you pay to transfer experience from 1 tank to the other, you pay for bullets that will penetrate better and are more accurate, you pay to boost your tanks crew experience, you pay to paint your tank ~ everything in game has a very real dollar cost. There are a lot of givens and you don't have to pay a cent many do this ~ but you will never compete or progress at a reasonable rate unless you do. Those issues are bad enough to never ever return to a game. They are classic what not to do when making your video game mistakes of severe magnitude. #3 browser game that takes more time than a full time job, and just as involved in planning. Want and 8 hours a day job, manage a team in WoT and try to keep property. If you don't show up EVERY night of the week including holidays, and play as hard as you would and at any real life sports you'll get booted off the game map or never even make it on. That's minimum 15 players with reserves. But~ WoT is also relatable, when you play your tanks for the first time you really feel like your in a real tank. No game has delivered this ever, and for the market to completely overlook this until a Russian developer finally made a decent tank game is a shameful proof of what inbred circle proof marketing benefits the world. WoT has actually strategy, bouncing around like bugs bunny in other pvp games doesn't exist here. You THINK where you need to go you coordinate and you move tactically. Actual strategy, actual. Do you understand how completely foreign this is to video games these days that spoon feed everything to you? WoT is realistic, and you are constantly gratified. No waiting an hour for a group or even 10 minutes, jump in and play until it hurts. WoT gives you real choice, you get to decide what you want to play and how. Hundreds of tanks, hundreds of guns. Finally ~ I give WoT a 5, the gameplay is well above a 9 probably a 9.5 but the match maker and miserable micro transanction system ruin what could have been a benchmark industry changing game. Expand
  20. Aug 8, 2011
    Game is very fun in low-tier battles, but as you progress it becomes more and more static and boring. You are not allowed to make any mistakes, almost every attempt to play a hero and roll into action on full speed will be severely punished. Combat model isn't any good either, it's relies strongly on the RNG (for example, the penetration capacity of AP shells can vary from 170 to 280 mm ofGame is very fun in low-tier battles, but as you progress it becomes more and more static and boring. You are not allowed to make any mistakes, almost every attempt to play a hero and roll into action on full speed will be severely punished. Combat model isn't any good either, it's relies strongly on the RNG (for example, the penetration capacity of AP shells can vary from 170 to 280 mm of armor, so one shot can penetrate a very armored AFV and another will bounce from some mid-tier AFV).
    You can actually have fun in this game, but i wouldn't recommend go further than 3-4 levels.
  21. May 19, 2013
    World of Tanks is a great free2play title for several reasons:
    - Production values are great the graphics are very nice, gameplay is solid, quick reflexes are welcome bonus, yet far from necessity and you'd have to really suck at games in general not to get the hang of it during the first few matches. And you don't have to pay a dime for it.
    - You don't need to pay to win. Throwing money
    World of Tanks is a great free2play title for several reasons:
    - You don't need to pay to win. Throwing money at the game will get you faster progress, less grinding. You won't get any significant advantages in combat. Only very few items that can be bought for gold (acquired for real money) cannot also be bought in some form for credits you make by playing the game. Only extra garage slots and premium tanks come to mind.
    - You are likely to throw some money at it anyway, simply because it feels like a full retail game experience that deserves to be paid for. (I may have spent around 150$ on the game over some 4 months, as far as I am concerned it was worth it. I don't really like grinding... or selling tanks I like, so, yeah a lot of garage slots were bought.)

Eventualy though, somewhere around tier 7 vehicles (out of 10) your tanks will start to make less credits than the costs of repairs and ammo refills, so you will have to either grind credits with lower tiered tanks, or pay for premium account, which gives you +50% credits/xp. So far I have just one tier 7 tank (Porshe Tiger) and unless I do at least average damage in a match, I lose credits on it.

Personally although I somewhat enjoy playing the Porshe Tiger, most of my favourite tanks are in fact tier 3 vehicles (most favourite being 38t). And you can get to tier 3 within a few hours.

What pisses me the most about WoT (besides scouting) is... the players..uhm.. expressing their discomfort with abilities of their teammates. Matchmaking if fairly random, so outside high tier battles most your team will be bad regardless of what you end up with, so stop whining about it. And then there are czechs and to some extent polish people spamming chat with their crap. (And I am czech, so I know.) That in particular however won't be a problem unless you are from europe.

Well, World of Tanks is still pretty enjoyable in the long term even if you are not into online stuff, random battles means random maps/enemies/game modes and there is always a lot of strategies you may want to try out with current setup. Various medals are attained for exceptional perfromance and usually you feel well rewarded for your efforts. It can be annoying when you end up being the worst tank in the roster, or when someone one-shots you at the first clash, or when you can't hit a thing with the artillery, but in most cases the game is still fun, you just need to find yourself the tanks you enjoy playing.

Oh and by the way I got to World of Tanks through Girls und Panzer anime. I'd reccomend to everyone getting a GuP music pack, personally I find it way more appropriate and more enjoyble than the original music. Fans may also consider using some of the voice packs (I used to use Hippo team, now I roll with the Turtle) or some other GuP related mods.

Panzer vor!
  22. Oct 15, 2013
    I had a very mixed feeling when i first touched this game. I was never really into tanks, and i doubted that this game would fit me thematically, but high praise of a friend brought me to give it a try nontheless.

World of Tanks is a third- and first person shooter with tanks. If you have shooter experience already: imagine this game just like any other shooter, with the twist that everything is somehow slower (this is an over-simplification, but it gives you a basic idea if you never played this game). This does not make the game boring, it rather makes it highly tactical: positioning, and being at the right spot in the right time wins or looses you your games.

The game features several nations (such as Germany, UDSSR and USA). The game devs are actively adding more nations, and add new tanks to existing nations. You do not have to decide for a nation, and can have tanks of all nations if you want to. Most nations feature a wide array of vehicles, most of them are pretty distinctive from each other.

You start out with tier 1 vehicles. By playing the game, each vehicle individually gathers experience, which you can use to improve your vehicle through researching better guns and other upgrades. Once you unlocked specific upgrades and gathered enough experience, you can unlock tanks of the next tier. The starting vehicles feel very similar to each other, but as early as you reach Tier 2 (which is a matter of 1-2 hours of even less) you can already feel huge differences between the individual vehicles. The highest tier is 10, and takes lots of time to get to.

The game features 5 tank "classes".
    -Self Propelled Guns (Artillery, their task is to bombard key enemy vehicles)
    -Light Tanks (their task is to reveal enemies and hunt for Self Propelled Guns)
    -Medium Tanks (varying tasks, good allrounders)
    -Heavey Tanks (heavily armoured, heavily armed vehicle with very low maneuverability)
    -Tank Destroyers (destroying priority targets with their ability to pierce through thick armor)

Each tank has Crew members. These crew members gather experience in battle, which increases their performance. Once their performance reaches a peak, they can start to learn additional skills or perks, such as faster repair of damaged tank modules, increased camouflage, or better tank maneuverability.

The matchmaking is very balanced overall. Vehicles that feature roughly the same tier are put together in a match, and all classes are distributed among both teems in an equally balanced fashion. Some games can be frustrating if you happen to be the tank with the lowest tier in the match, but as often you can be top of the tier. Overall, the matchmaking is good and fun most of the time.

World of Tanks is free to play. By playing normal games, you earn "Credits". These Credits are used to buy new tanks or tank upgrades that have been researched. It is also used to repair damaged tanks, refill ammunition, and to buy certain "Modules" that allow you to further customize your tanks (such as camouflage-nets to hide more easily, or tank gun rammers that decrease your reload time). You can invest real money in order to purchase "Gold". Gold unlocks premium memberships (these increase your income and experience), certain Premium Tanks (which are not stronger than other tanks, but have the advantage to earn more credits) and garage slots for more tanks. Everything else can also be bought with Credits.

Even though this should result in a low buying-pressure, the opposit thing is the case. The more you play, the higher the buying pressure becomes. Unlocking more tank slots is essential if you want some variety in your played tanks. On higher tiers (tier 7 and up), the repair cost get horrendous, and it becomes really hard to earn credits without Premium Membership or Premium Tanks, while the prices of the tanks get higher and higher. This gets frustrating after some time. The prices for Premium Memberships, however, are fair and not over-the-top. Even Premium-Tanks with a high price-tag pay out due to their vast credit-earning ability.

Here have some more Pros and Cons to playing World of Tanks.

+ Controls in this game are good and responsive, providing a satisfying skill-to-power ratio
    + Huge variety of distinctive tanks
    + Varying events on a regular base (at least once a week) keep the daily playing experience fresh
    + Games last only 3-15 minutes
    + Certain "Missions" are available at all time which are completed during normal gameplay, feels very rewarding

- Buying Pressure ruins fun after some time
    - Some tanks are balanced in a very disappointing way (way too strong way too weak)
    - Playing with more than 2 other friends at a time gets complicated due to restrictions, except you play with 15 people (one team's size), then it is easy again.
    - Graphics are a little outdated.

I recommend giving this game a shot. It is pretty fun, and it takes quite a while before the buying-pressure in this otherwise free-to-play-game kicks in.
  23. Dec 29, 2012
    Fun free to play casual game if you want to blast tanks away in 15 vs 15 battles, but like its upsides it has its downsides, such as tedious grinding past tier 6 without a premium account, unbalanced premium paid tanks, a mixed game community where you got decent folks and complete assclowns and a downright TERRIBLE forum community. I would equate the moderators on the forum to SovietFun free to play casual game if you want to blast tanks away in 15 vs 15 battles, but like its upsides it has its downsides, such as tedious grinding past tier 6 without a premium account, unbalanced premium paid tanks, a mixed game community where you got decent folks and complete assclowns and a downright TERRIBLE forum community. I would equate the moderators on the forum to Soviet style authorities back in the USSR days, giving infractions for minor things.

If you liked WW2 and the armored warfare or just want to blow **** up, give it a try but avoid the forums at all cost. They are a nightmare!
  24. Apr 9, 2012
    Not a pure FPS, but combined with strategy.The game is free to play, and spending money doesnt make you better than a free player, just ur progression is fast.
    The only advantage cash gives you against free palyers is "Gold ammo", but almost never used in random battles where u use to play, but clan battles where the reward is gold is where this kind of ammo takes use.
    You have classes as

You have classes as many FPS and making your role properly is mandatory for a succesful win.
    In this game doesnt win the one with better ping, the one who shoots first or the one who knows the map.
    You need to know the strengths/weaknesses of your tank and focus in your targets wisely.If you are a big tank with a BIG gun, you must focus in big tanks, medium flankers and heavy defenders.
    If you are a weak(but fast) tanks, you must report enemy tanks location to bigger gun mates for sucess.
    Also you must know where to aim and the consecuences, here's where a huge part of the strategy takes part.Should I detrack a tank? direct damage? destroy its cannon?

Overall a good game.

The only true con i see is the matchmaking system.Playing vs +/- x lvls tanks sometimes makes you have no chance against the enemy or 1shot all the entire enemy army.
  25. Oct 31, 2012
    It's a fun game, but the fact that people can shoot "gold bullets" pretty much completely unbalances the game. The few maps available becomes extremely repetitive after a few games.
  26. May 20, 2013
    For a Free to play MMO, World of tanks offers quite the package. Tanks are very well balanced and the combat script provides strategic and action paced play. While paying for Gold (the games in-game currency) does provide an advantage as well as purchasing the Premium Account boosts a players income and experience boost, as well as damage it isn't a required to enjoy the game, standardFor a Free to play MMO, World of tanks offers quite the package. Tanks are very well balanced and the combat script provides strategic and action paced play. While paying for Gold (the games in-game currency) does provide an advantage as well as purchasing the Premium Account boosts a players income and experience boost, as well as damage it isn't a required to enjoy the game, standard players are very well balanced. How ever some frustration can happen when a tank two tiers below can one shot a tank in one hit, leading to the term "cheaters ammo" any one can buy this ammo now though. the game does lack, there is no offline practice or a shooting gallery, except for the brief tutorial level provided. The game not a pay to win, but skill does take over in this world, I would recommend taking it to at-least a tier three game before rendering your own judgement and have fun! Expand
  27. Jun 29, 2013
    I played this game a lot, got many top tier tanks, and low. Yeah, i did spend some money on this game for gold, to buy premium.. Was very fun game at start. But the higher tier tank you get, the harder it is to get money to buy a new tank. People here whine about xp to get higher tier tanks, that is not the problem. The problem in this game is to make money to get the higher tier tanks. II played this game a lot, got many top tier tanks, and low. Yeah, i did spend some money on this game for gold, to buy premium.. Was very fun game at start. But the higher tier tank you get, the harder it is to get money to buy a new tank. People here whine about xp to get higher tier tanks, that is not the problem. The problem in this game is to make money to get the higher tier tanks. I played this game until now, 30.06.2013 but im getting tiered of getting no money, not premium anymore, and its been a while since i had. The good things about this game is: teamplay, lots of variasjons, you got arty, light, medium, heavy and tank destroyers. Every tank has a role to play. The bad things about this game is: campers that can ruin the whole match for a team. High tier tanks meets low tier tanks.

There are a lot that i have not comment, that is good and bad, but the worst thing that I dont like, is that when someone type something, you cant see what they typed after its gone. They should have something that would allowed us to see what has been written. I emailed them about it to, but they didnt care i think.

So the best thing about this game: You have a TANK, that is awesome
    The worst: Getting money, if u dont win, and tank is destroyed, at higher tier battles, you get a great loss in money. Top tier tanks cost around 1.1k for every round you shoot. So if u lose a battle and tank is destroyed, you need to win around 3 battles with almost no damage on you, only to get your money back
  28. Jun 27, 2014
    World of Tanks is one of those games that is novel and fun to play for a while but you quickly begin to ask yourself why you keep at it. Sure, driving history's most renowned tanks around and blowing things up is fun. The shooting system of the game is incredibly well done with believable gun dispersion and inclusion of details like the fact that armor effectiveness increases with angle.World of Tanks is one of those games that is novel and fun to play for a while but you quickly begin to ask yourself why you keep at it. Sure, driving history's most renowned tanks around and blowing things up is fun. The shooting system of the game is incredibly well done with believable gun dispersion and inclusion of details like the fact that armor effectiveness increases with angle. This allows for fun little tricks like angling the hull of your vehicle to turn ordinarily tough armor to invincible. Shot leading also factors in on moving targets and you had better stop or at least slow down to take a shot because there isn't any run and gun in this game. The tank armor models are also well-refined allowing for the little guy to pin the bullies up if he knows what he is doing.

But that aside, the variation of the game is incredibly limited with its few game types and virtual lack of meta games. This isn't even mentioning the time requirement for each game which often is often lengthy with its hurry up and wait style of gameplay. This can be attributed to many factors but most of all (and sadly) the game's core mechanics like the ultra-long range mega-damage artillery, chance-based spotting rather than continual sight of targets, and camouflage system, all of which strongly encourage camping. That all i can actually stomach.

What I principally took issue with was how World of Tanks seems to think its players want to spend literally months getting those big bully tanks. The level of grinding is game isn't even rivaled by World of Warcraft if that is believable. Managing your bankroll is also a huge chore which forces you to play tanks you would rather not just because they make money. Tanks also start in virtually unplayable configurations that leave you out the money for at least the first 50 or so games in it until you can upgrade them. Anything past the mid-level tanks will always leave you out the money which significantly saps the fun out of playing them. And good luck ever getting a max level tank. You'll be spending $50 minimum on the premium tanks to keep your expenses in the black and you'll have to drop out of school and/or quit work if you want to get one in under 6 months.

Of course if you like that kind of slow progression and those extended management exercises, World of Tanks has plenty of that. What ultimately ferreted my resignation from its servers was the bugs, the glitches, and the downright unpolished, unfinished hackwork that was the game's patching system. Tanks get added on a such a regular basis its dizzying. You lose track of which one is which. Meanwhile, the matchmaker still makes no record of player ability resulting in many landslide games; one side of a map is heavily favored resulting in more forgone conclusions; and preexisting tanks fall into disuse because they are inappropriately tiered or because the new ones do everything better anyways.

Furthermore I've had shots literally pass through tanks without incident; I've been hurled out of the map; I've had client crashes that cost me the game; and these all occurred with a frequency that makes counting inane. The most grievous of all the sins of this game though - the patcher didn't even work. Every time I downloaded a patch, it would corrupt my install and force me to redownload the entire 10 gb game - NOT OKAY!
  29. Sep 15, 2013
    WELCOME TO WORLD OF UNBALANCED TANKS! I have played over 4k games and i can definitely say this game has nothing to do with balance. It is a beta product a so called "free to play" that becomes shorty the most expensive game you ever bought. I waited and waited ...but to no avail. This game is taking the wrong path. The Soviet Union is having the most number of OP tanks followed by theWELCOME TO WORLD OF UNBALANCED TANKS! I have played over 4k games and i can definitely say this game has nothing to do with balance. It is a beta product a so called "free to play" that becomes shorty the most expensive game you ever bought. I waited and waited ...but to no avail. This game is taking the wrong path. The Soviet Union is having the most number of OP tanks followed by the US and at a great distance by other countries. (as of patch 8.8). The dev team primary priority is adding new tanks instead of balancing the ones present. Most people are only playing OP tanks like Matilda, KV1-S KV1 T29(american) T34(american) and selling the ones that are weak etc. In this game it doesn't matter how good you are as you are mostly inserted in retard teams just to satisfy Wargaming's MM algorithm and keep your WR down. But not only tanks...MM are a terrible show of Minsk's incapability for a FAIR game. Take a Panzer III and go against a Matilda. You will have no chance.They should balance TANKS not TEAMS! Everyone should have a fair 1 vs 1 not team vs team. The game forums are full of retards and trolls that defend their "fun" tanks (a.k.a OP-ness Lower tier are full of retards and higher tiers like 8,9 and 10 are full of wallet warriors with gold ammo that will make your angling and armor tactics irrelevant. Gold ammo sixth sense just a elevated and legal form of cheating...and this game is full of people taking advantage of Wargaming's lack of balancing .

Almost every tier 1,2,3 is full of noobs witth OP T18's that one shot everything. In the hands of a pro-player the tank in unstoppable.Try to put a pro player in a LeichTraktor and let him fight a noob in a T18...and you will see the noob will own that pro player everytime. Talk about balance...

The russian bias is true. Why does the SU have the largest number of OP tanks in the game if it wasn't Why is the pro-stalin propaganda now in place with "For Stalin" stickers? Why the keep nerfing the already weak german line (one of the hardest line in the game)

The dev's like most russians are pro-stalinists. I am just amused of how many polish people play this game made by people that sympathize with a mass-murder.
  30. Jun 20, 2014
    good game good graphics after 9.0 update!
    but match making should be fixed
    team mates are very bad out of 15 only 5 are cooperative rest all are noobs! and they dont even support or listen to you
    and pay to win
    match making is very bad most of times after match making gets fixed it will be better game
  31. Nov 9, 2013
    This game WAS pretty fun for me having so many tanks battle in one map was really fun along with the great graphics but there is one big problem, the same problem that has been repeated game after game. To win you need overpower tanks with abnormal buffs, and to get these you need Balance is gone and I QUIT!

This game had so much potential, sad to see it become like this
  32. Nov 14, 2013
    This game brings again all those metal monsters in reality. But after long gameplay, I lost motivation and clicked on uninstall.
    I found, game has terrible battle generator. From 10 battles you are fighting aproximately 6-7 battles with tanks, where you have no chance (example B1 tank against KV-1S, Churchill), because your tank has gun which don't scratch enemy tank and you need gold ammo or you have to find target good for you. But also after that you need to shoot 4 10 times to destroy enemy and he shoot only once (KV-1S) and you are out. This result in situation, where you have no fun in 6-7 games and you are trying to hide your tank and trying to shoot from cover on destroyable target Here is nice to see, creators are trying to get money from you to solve frustrations (gold ammo quick research).
    Another bad point is hitting system. For example, I was hit in front right track(small peace visible behind house) and my engine blow up I used this bug against many other opponents and it works. Few hits in track and tank was destroyed. Also I hit enemy turret ring few times, but no damage. Many times I hit enemy, but shell just went through tank and explode behind tank. And there are many other situations, when you are looking like bacteria in pharmacy.
    But yes in those game, where you are fighting against tanks within same Tier (+-1 one above/lower it's really nice game for relax and fun (is needed close one eye, when you see hitting model).
    Game is not consuming so much time, if you can control yourself.
  33. Dec 6, 2013
    World of Tanks is fun if you are looking for a first person shooter where your character is a tank. After some time becomes a boring repetitive experience. Keep in mind that this is a free game and, for a free game is good.

At first it looks like an amazing game, it looks very fun and dynamic, after a while you get to mid tier tanks, still fun enough but you start noticing some discrepancies and tank balance problems.
    With time, frustration starts to build up, some poor map design, huge unbalance, pay to win tanks, and so on, but, it's still a nice game to keep playing.
    When you get to higher tier tanks, the game suddenly becomes slow and boring and the randomness of the game starts to weight a lot. By the time I reached the top tier tanks I just couldn't play this game anymore.

Something that really annoys me is that when you buy a new tank, the stock gear is really really bad, you can barely do anything, even against same tier tanks, it becomes a boring grinding until after many games where you have almost no influence, you get the points to get the best gear.

The spotting mechanics are very odd, this game doesn't work by line of sight, instead the tank and crew "skills" define if you see or not targets, and, while this looks nice in paper, its really not in practice. Also, after you get spotted, even if you hide, the enemy can see where you are for a few seconds, this might sound like its not a big deal, but it is, if you play the game you will understand.

Another very odd thing is artillery. Artillery is like the sniper role, but the difference is, it fires a very powerful round that can reach most of the map, it causes massive damage even if doesn't hit, it can kill with one hit if it hits, and this unit is safe behind enemy "lines" hidden away from danger, which is in my opinion the very definition of game unbalance, which is enhanced by the bad spotting mechanics.

Considering that this is a free game, I recommend trying it out, if it wasn't free I would give it a much lower score.
  34. Dec 25, 2013
    I played WOT for 3 years. The game was great at first, but slowly but surely Wargaming ruined it's product. End tier content is broken and dumbed down. WG is non-responsive to it's player base. If you can have fun tolerating this game without spending any money, go for it. Most people aren't that patient or forgiving and would be best served to just skip this money grab.
  35. Dec 29, 2013
    Honestly I think this is one of the best F2P game out there. Good graphics, detailed tanks and very fun to play!
    Having said that I must add that it does not come without its problems. No game is perfect and WOT has a serious problem that comes from being F2P! The biggest problem the F2P format is the incredible amount of "noobs" playing. I play WOT for 3 years now and is not the painfull XP/Moeny gathering, the artillery, OP tanks or the MM that often seems to be on crack that bothers me.

My biggest problem with this game is that inexperienced players flood the servers making the game virtually unplayable. To be successful in this game is indispensable a platoon of at least two very experienced players.

Play alone and get ready for 15 painful minutes of pathetic performace of players with less than 3k matches parading in their useless premium tanks, not doing anything to help the team and dying with only a few enemy shots.

It's a fun game, but I must warn to not play fot a long time each day if you are a playing alone.

Make friends and play in a platoon and try to have fun...which is very hard to do in this game!
  36. May 2, 2014
    World of Tanks is a free first person/third person shooter with tanks, there are ways of paying for things to make it easier to advance, but the game can be played absolutely free, with lots of contests and festivities that will, or might, grant you "gold"(the most uses it gets is buying premium time, which gets you +50% more credits per battle and +50% crew experience, and buying garageWorld of Tanks is a free first person/third person shooter with tanks, there are ways of paying for things to make it easier to advance, but the game can be played absolutely free, with lots of contests and festivities that will, or might, grant you "gold"(the most uses it gets is buying premium time, which gets you +50% more credits per battle and +50% crew experience, and buying garage slots and barracks enlargements). The game involves many skills: having reflexes like in any other popular FPS game, but it also involves a lot more tactic and planning. I think of it as a combination of chess and a shooting game would be the best way to describe it. The game offers tanks from many nations ranging from the 1930s to about the 1960s, with some model of tanks being totally speculative. The nations you can play, so far, are Germany, the Soviet Union, China, Great Britain, Japan, the United States of America and France, with more to be added in the following updates (and I'll note a part that I dislike: Nazi Germany, which of course doesn't get the historical flag, even got a ban on wartime German heroes, unlike the Soviet Union with Joseph Stalin and communist symbols). You start the game with tier 1 tanks, and progressively move up the technology tree(s) until you get to tier 10, and despite the name, there aren't only tanks(which can be light, medium or heavy), but also Tank Destroyers and (mobile) Artillery, each with a different role and purpose. The gameplay can differ dramatically from nation to nation, sometimes from tier to tier. It's not a newbie friendly game as it usually takes thousand of battles to form your battle "instincts", as I stated earlier, it's equally important to know how and when to shoot as it is to know where and how to go, positioning in this game can be the most important thing, depending on the role of your tank and the positions of your allies and enemies. The standard battles are 15 vs. 15(the game allows you to platoon with up to two friends if you so wish), with no nation versus nation, the match making only taking account of the battle tier of your specific tank(supposedly), this can lead up to teams being made up of vary bad players vs. teams with very good players, which is frustrating for most people(from personal experience the match making will also have "periods" of giving the player only bad teams, and it also "punishes" players that play a lot by giving them bad teams at one point, with the reason of not letting them "farm" win percentages(which doesn't make any sense to me as it punishes people that play their game). There are also many other single modes, and team modes(company battles, similar to random battles in size, but with handpicked teams; team battles, 7 vs. 7(where you can win as much credits as having a tier 8 premium tank, if you win of course, it's also the battle mode which is used in professional tournaments), and for people that want to belong in clans there are Clan Wars, also similar to team battles, but with tier 10(unless you want to give your team a disadvantage), and with a world map in which you can conquer provinces for gold and possibly other benefits. One should keep in mind that this is a game, and it's made to be balanced, tanks won't die from one hit, they have hit points, and lots of other factors to advantage people that use their brain for tactics and strategy. Overall this game is just "decent", neither bad or very good, so I can't give it more than 7 because the balance of the tanks isn't perfect(there always are some beasts that dominate the battlefield or 1 vs.1 encounters, such as the T18 for tier 2, KV-1S and Hellcat for tier 6, IS-3 and AMX 50 100 for tier 8, E-75 and ST-I for tier 9, WT auf E-100 for tier 10 etc.), the graphics aren't remarkable, the game doesn't support multicore computers(it just runs with a single core), the game modes aren't that enticing, except for team battles(which has a limitation to tier 8 max., no tanks above are seen unless it's a rare bug/exploit), the fact that it's not based on skill leads to the "balancing" of the tanks be set upon the mediocre/awful play of most players, which also leads to the teams being always more or less imbalanced, and the more imbalanced, the more frustration it generates to most of the players, it does however offer an interesting gameplay, the opportunity to use the brain on more than just reflex-type reactions and allows players to drive iconic tanks such as the Panzer IV, M4 Sherman, Tiger 1, T-34, IS etc. and for professional players it does end up giving them nice earnings, yet the developers still need to find a way to make said tournaments be attractive for larger audiences to watch AND understand what goes on the field of battle. Expand
  37. Aug 14, 2014
    (WoT veteran wright this to us)! Score 6. Mixed.
    If you look reality of this game, is free to install and download from internet..,but then..
    The developers makes this game before it relased 2.years ago,and did it smart...against you. the game has 10 tier stage tanks in technology three-for all nations about 70 vehicles. first 5 stage tanks are for free basicly other 5 your game
    (WoT veteran wright this to us)! Score 6. Mixed.
    first 5 stage tanks are for free basicly other 5 your game economy can't support you with silver
    the game has economy that does not support you with silver for rapair your destroyed tank in battle so current long story short,-you need to buy gold!the golden word., with real money.so you must constantly have premium account and atleast 1 premium tier VIII. tank..witch cost about 100$ to play this game against economy that is puts on russian way on you die or pay.
    in my personal opinion i dont like to play this game at all but a played a lot. for one reason that they going for, i like collect stuf special tanks we all natural like!we are human so they goes on that weak point.i like only their look of tanks and look of garage explosions and sound of real tanks you seek else where or you will be in circle of death.
  38. Sep 12, 2014
    World of Tanks is an arcade armored warfare game. With main battle tanks fighting each other along with tank destroyers, light tanks, artillery, and medium tanks. Progression is reasonably fast and fun in the lower tiers. After tier 5 the excitement and progression slows. It is a FREE TO PLAY game and with this comes several game breaking features. Including the "premium tanks" or buyingWorld of Tanks is an arcade armored warfare game. With main battle tanks fighting each other along with tank destroyers, light tanks, artillery, and medium tanks. Progression is reasonably fast and fun in the lower tiers. After tier 5 the excitement and progression slows. It is a FREE TO PLAY game and with this comes several game breaking features. Including the "premium tanks" or buying into higher tiers with free experience along with the ability to buy premium time. The graphics and maps are decent and almost and PC can run this game. The tanks themselves are good with each tank having its own strengths and weaknesses. The main problem with World of Tanks is the community. As more and more people play this game the community has devolved into constant arguments in chat and rage. I would recommend this game to anyone who loves armored warfare or tanks in general. Just turn the chat off and don't look at the forums. Expand
  39. Dec 1, 2014
    You either love this game or hate it. This is a slower paced tactical, team oriented tank simulator. (This isn't call of duty with tanks)This game also has an emphasis on realism and grinding. Unlike Destiny (which forces you to grind through a **** randomly generated rigged loot system) this form of grinding is more "fair." In addition the actual tank battles are thrilling and the sheerYou either love this game or hate it. This is a slower paced tactical, team oriented tank simulator. (This isn't call of duty with tanks)This game also has an emphasis on realism and grinding. Unlike Destiny (which forces you to grind through a **** randomly generated rigged loot system) this form of grinding is more "fair." In addition the actual tank battles are thrilling and the sheer variety of tanks is astonishing (This goes beyond your typical WW2 game) allows for the lessening of the blow. Another thing to be aware of is the steep learning curve for some players as the game punishes you for taking a lone wolf approach, tackling an enemy head on without cover and missing shots. (This game HEAVILY EMPHASIZES ACCURACY.) In addition it is free to play so it won't hurt to try out the game.
    If none of what is mentioned appeals to you even a little bit you're probably not gonna like this game. (This game isn't meant for everyone and will take some patience to play.)
  40. Mar 13, 2015
    This is a not a great game, nor a fair game. As others have said the matchmaking can make winning a match near impossible before the first shot is fired. However, I've been playing it for over a year and still get a kick out of it. I've never spent any money on this game, nor will I. And now that the E25 is not available neither should you, hate those things, satisfying to kill though.This is a not a great game, nor a fair game. As others have said the matchmaking can make winning a match near impossible before the first shot is fired. However, I've been playing it for over a year and still get a kick out of it. I've never spent any money on this game, nor will I. And now that the E25 is not available neither should you, hate those things, satisfying to kill though. Tier VI is the sweet spot, but fun can be had at any tier, just realize you'll have to deal with no win scenarios. Personally, based on the fun I've had with this game versus any other game in the last year it would get a 10. And I don't really play as Soviets or Axis, because who wants Hitler or Stalin as commanding officer, some great tanks though. But big picture, 7.5 is about right. Expand
  41. Dec 12, 2013
    The game continues going from strength to strength, as the constant updates and patches continually adjust the game for the most part pretty well balanced, bar a few examples.

The whinging about WoT being Pay2Win is utter rubbish. The only things not available are Premium tanks which for the most part are worse than the normal ones, or a Premium account which just ups your XP and credit earning rate. Along with the new mission system gaining extra credits is fairly easy.

The game rewards skillful play, and rewards you using your tanks strengths and guarding it's weaknesses. It can take a while to learn but it can make very rewarding gameplay.

1. Dec 18, 2012
    Bucketloads of depth and surprisingly simple to jump into. It's free, too! [Jan 2013, p.84]
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    World of Tanks is the ultimate tank battle game, and with a price tag of 0 whatever your currency is - there really isn't anything major to complain about.
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    It combines aspects of great RPG games and first person shooters, wraps them into a package that will appeal to the historian, and tosses in a dash of addiction to combine into one great final product.