5.1

1. Apr 20, 2011
    FPS in armored vehicles. I had mixed feelings when Ijoined up during their closed beta period in December 2010, but reckoned that it would be good enough to pass a couple of hours during the christmas holidays.

Boy was I wrong.. This game is addictive - severely. The developers have found a nice mix between pure arcade and historical simulation. The tanks are very nicely modelled
    graphically, including small details such as tool strapped to the outside, holes appearing from shell hits, and the landscape is absolutely amazing.

The game itself is easy to get into, and hard to master. Even though you can use in-game gold currency and the ingame Credits to buy items for your tank, they don't guarantee you a victory. You'll still be hit, you'll still depend on the other members of your team to win, and you'll still die. The good thing about the gold currency, is that it enables you to purchase premium status, which increases the amount of experience and credits your tank earns in battles. That allows you to progress faster through the various tanks, even though it is stil very much possible to do so without ever spending a dime on gold.

There are still some issues in the game, which the developers are working on, even if their patches isn't issued as frequently as in other games I've played. Now that the game has gone live, they will have to live up to their promises in the upcoming 0.6.4.0 patch, which should fix a whole slew of issues reported in the beta. I don't doubt they will be able to do this, since they seem very dedicated to their game. I've even met and played against some of them, and been able to beat them in a regular competion called Killed The Mods.. Got in game gold for my victory as well.

For a free to play game, World of Tanks is exceptional good value and fun. I'll be sticking to this game for quite a while, since they project it to run for at least 5 years, with content and new features added during the lifespan of the game. The next addition to the game, a global Clan Wars persistent world fighting for territories is going to be introduced this summer and sounds very interesting. Untill then I am playing with my clan mates in platoons and tank company battles, and thouroghly enjoying it.
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    This is the game that I have chosen to play 90% of opportunities since July 2011, totaling nearly 5,000 battles. I have reached Tier 10 in the German tank tree (E-100, E-50M and JagdPanzer E-100), 7 in the French tree, 8 in the Russian tree and 6 in the American tree. My latest high-tier tank, the E-50M is AMAZING. I have done so well and have dealt so much damage in it. Maybe it's a little too powerful, but if you don't like that, GET ONE YOURSELF! :D Almost all of the time I've played this, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. There is definitely a huge split between good days and bad days, as I've been lucky lately, having done about 25 battles in the last week in which I dealt over 4,000 damage and capturing part of the enemy base, but sometimes, the game just gets really tough on you, matching you with some "not-so-good" players and/or against a team full of Unicums (not unicorns, but top players). However, if you manage to make it through these battles, winning, there is a great feeling of triumph. It's a very high-quality strategy tank shooter that receives updates every 1-2 months - and the updates are always exciting. I have enjoyed this game so much that I have 5 Tier 8 premium tanks (well worth it for me; I love them), which are in NO WAY overpowered compared to the rest of the tier. They each have advantages over standard tanks, like higher shell penetration or armour, but they also come with disadvantages, such as a comparatively long reload time, slow top speed or long aiming time. A couple of months ago, Wargaming.net released the new Tier 10 Tank Destroyers and Medium Tanks, and at first, after playing on the test server, I was worried that they would make the game unplayable at high tiers, but my worries were for naught, as on the proper server, you won't get matched in battles with 26 tier 10s and 4 Tier 8 SPGs. Recently, I've been getting a lot of Top Gun achievements and Ace Tanker Mastery Badges, which is very pleasing when it happens, and this just makes the game more fun to play the longer you go on. Probably one of the most exciting moments in the game is when the last enemy tank, of your tier or higher, is dying quickly and it seems like there is no way you'll be able to get to them, but then their armour starts bouncing shots and extending their life. You finally come around to the last corner, blocked by some friendly tanks, irritating you that your team won't let you get the shot, then all of a sudden, everyone moves out of the way, allowing you an easy shot, which you take, getting the last kill. Aaaahhhh... how exciting. :)
    10/10. This is a fantastic online strategy game with a huge range of vehicles and maps.
  3. Apr 18, 2011
    This game is perfect for all types, hence the micro-transaction feature. Casuals will love jumping in from time to time to shoot around and charge headlong into death, while more serious players will pay for gold and join a clan for some real battles (i.e. teamwork!). The sheer amount of variety is incredible, with at least 6 nationalities to be represented by the end of the year. People complain about the premium features, but you get a top-notch game, which if you purchase one of the larger packages (I preordered 25000 gold for 90.00, normally 100.00: 2,500 buys premium for one month. Using gold for just subscription averages out to 10.00 a month.), it averages out to less than a WoW subscription. Last I checked, WoW didn't have tanks, tank destroyers and artillery! The lower gold amounts are also reasonable. The environments are well detailed and the tanks are accurate and gorgeous at higher graphic settings. Cover is supplied in great quantity, which is important to avoid fire and for camouflage. The development team has gone to great pains to keep these machines historically accurate for their time period and specifications, so shooting at the front plate of a Royal Tiger with an M4 Sherman just isn't going to cut it! Coordinating tactics are essential to get the most out of this game. There are some downsides. Glitches/bugs are still present and rear their ugly heads on occasion. Sometimes your radar will go blank, or tanks that shouldn't disappear do. The voice chat is horrendous, so you may find yourself using Skype or a Ventrilo server. Many times the matchmaking system will lump too many of one type together, making it difficult to achieve victory. There is a general chat; but flame throwing will quickly turn you off to that feature. Earning xp and credits (in-game currency) can be difficult if you don't upgrade; but that's just par for the course for an MMO. Upgrading is vital, and 20 mm of extra armor is worth the 5000 xp you spend for the upgrade. You may find yourself spending your gold on credits, but just be patient! However, with the release date just 6 days ago, this is a small amount of grief for a great game. Patches have been released on a regular basis, and the development team really cares about maintaining quality; they actually LISTEN to the forums! With the amount of content slated for release, and the relatively low price of a premium subscription, you should at least give this great period game a shot for a month. You've paid more for console games with a LOT less quality, and even if you don't spend the cash, there's just something so gratifying about shooting stuff from time to time. Give it try! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at just how much a 'freebie' has to offer! Expand
  4. Jul 7, 2011
    This is a fantastic game. I started playing about a month ago. My first impression was that the interface etc is almost completely bug free! This shouldn't be noteworthy, but given the state of most new release online multi-player games, the fact that it is bug free is awesome. Starting off in a little, weak, slow tank seemed a bit painful at first, but once you get the hang of it and skill up to higher techs, the game becomes extremely addictive and great fun. It is possible to play without spending a cent of real money, but I found that spending a minimal amount ( Expand
  5. Jul 17, 2011
    The game starts slowly and builds on solid tactics and awesome kills. Teamwork,Solo,Wallet Warrior or total free loader, it all plays the same. The first tank you are given is a one shot tin can, it is so awesome to see the difference as time goes by just how much better the tanks get. Speaking of which there are several different kinds. Heavy tanks rule the roost as far as front line gauntlets soaking damage. Medium tanks work best as hit and run grinders. Light tanks run in as close as possible to the action to spot out the tank positions. SPG's (self propelled guns) are the real firepower of the game laying out tremendous damage from across the map but they are balanced well with a firing ring and timing needs. The firing ring is essentially just a circle of dots where the shell may theoretically hit. Destroying a tank at full speed is a sight to behold. Finally Tank Destroyers are the snipers of the game so to speak, staying in cover for ambush operations. Every type has its strengths and weaknesses which make for some interesting battles to say the least. The 'lobby' is basically your hangar, which is graphically just more fancy with a premium (paid) account and with premium comes other perks such as bonus XP in battle. The game really does exhibit some depth of play and a lot of work has obviously been put into the interface/leveling system. The experience you get per battle will vary depending on your performance as well as winning or losing. As for in-game currency you have Credits with which to purchase items like tanks and modules to mount. The Gold in-game is valuable to convert your experience that you've earned into a lump sum of XP called FREE XP. That free XP can be used for upgrades on other tanks/modules and converting it with gold bought with real world money is really not an advantage other than saving time. The premium tanks bought with in-game gold are already fully equipped and seem to yield higher than normal XP/Credits per round. End-Game is just as fun as there are usually about 4 tiers of tanks in any one battle up to and including tier 10 which at the time of this review is only available for the Heavy tanks and maybe a Destroyer or two. There are also currently 3 factions, Russia (Dev's are Russian ((hint hint)) America and Germany. All can compete also in not just solo random matches but in platoons with friends of up to 3 people and companies of up to 15 people and with a Clan (guild) system as well. There is even a world map of domination gameplay where some of the larger clans battle for countries on a global scale. All in all....I cannot recommend this game highly enough. Just be prepared for some early frustration in the newbie tanks and some grinding into the upper tiers as per any MMO. Thanks for reading. Expand
  6. Apr 20, 2011
    Awesome! A great game with both arcade and deep RPG features. Never boring: fast-paced but strategic action with over a hundred tanks on a variety of ever-increasing maps. With Clan Wars coming soon it should prove to be quite the distraction from your otherwise tank-less life. Warning! It very addictive; if you have some sort of a tankophobia this is not the game for you.
  7. Apr 15, 2011
    This is a great game! I haven't had this much fun in ages. Nothing like rolling down the battlefield as a modern day knight bringing the pain to the unsuspecting enemy tanks! =)
  8. Apr 19, 2011
    I love this game. {Game play}

one thing that surprised me was how deep the game play is. you really have to communicate with your team to win and try to inform your team what's happening. Ex: who you're attacking or bring they're attention to a spot on the mini map. they even give you 20 seconds to work out a plan. Ex: pure defense, spread out and make a bee line to the enemy base, or 7
    tanks defend the base while 2 groups of 4 go out to deal some damage, then 4 people from the base go to aid the groups while 3 stay behind just in case there's an enemy that the other groups didn't spot and or destroyed that is heading for your base assuming everyone gone out to attack. As you can see, this game kinda encourages strategy and communication. a team that doesn't have either will most likely lose, hence the players that like to suicide rush. there are also extremely helpful tips during the loading screen and those bits of knowledge are worth keeping in mind during battle. Ex:
    "Protect your artillery from light tanks, and they'll protect you from heavy ones."
    " A light or medium tank that believes he is a heavy tank won't last long."
    "Relocation is key to an artillery's survival"
    and you MUST wear headphones during battle, because the crew tells you everything that happens with your tank. this is key because:
    1. you don't always have time to glance down to your tank info screen in the heat of battle.
    2. so many things can happen to your tank and if the crew repairs the problem, they'll tell you what that mean to your game play. Ex:
    " the gun is knocked out!-We fixed the gun, but the accuracy will suffer."
    "The radio man is bleeding, we can't rely on him!"
    "The Engine is knocked out!-We fixed the Engine, but we can't go as fast"
    "the driver's a goner, the controls aren't responding!"
    " track hit, we're immobilized!-We fixed the track, lets go!"

{Tanks}

There are 5 classes of tanks in world of tanks.

Light tank: which excels at scouting and spotting for artillery since they are normally fast, up to 72 km/h.

Medium tanks: which excels at aiding the lights and flank missions.

Heavy tanks: which excels at pushing the team on and soaking up damage for they're team.

Tank Destroyers(TD): which excels at Defending the base and going on ambush missions.

Self Propelled Guns(Artillery): they are the primary fire power of the team. they're fire are in an arch and can cause serious damage to tanks and even one-shot lights, mediums, and tank Destroyers. The most important thing to remember is to press left shift to go in and out out hawk-eye view and once your in that view, the rest is self-explanatory.

( the problem is with SPGs and TDs is that you can't move your turret [the only tank that has a movable turret is the SU-26 SPG] and if you get attacked by the side or back, it's over)

you can research modules and guns through the experience you gain from battle, the experience you gain is the same amount of research points you get, and a bit of experience (commonly 5-20) gets converted to free experience, which you can use to research on any tank.

{Game modes}

The main game mode is standard battle that puts you in a random battle through an auto-team balancer, which can be ridicules at times, putting 6 lights on a team against on with 7 TDs. another one is training mode where you get to pick a map to play on and distribute the tanks that join ( if your the host) so you can be mean and put an entire team against one SPG. but since the matching in training mode is most likely unfair, you don't gain any experience or credits. the last one is tank company, where you can create a team through people joining or inviting friends or random people and when your team is ready to go, you press start and go through a auto-balancer to go against a team around your team level.( you don't have to have the full 15 players and if the team isn't people that know each other, it can take dozens of minutes to finally do battle.) You do get experience and credits. FYI: there is no tank limit to a team, so you can see a MS-1(starter tank) on a team with KV 3 (an elite heavy tank)

{Presentation}

the game is beautiful, the details of the land, the wind on the trees, the dust behind the tanks, the smoke from fallen tanks, the graphics are comparable to that of next gen consoles, so if you have a great computer with a powerful graphics card, prepared to be amazed. and the soundtrack , in my opinion, is the best out of any game I've played. the combat music is so intense and epic that it would make the worst campers jump into battle.

{Overall} this game to me is breath taking. I would recommend this game to anybody. there are a few bugs and stuff but it's version 0.6.3.11 so it's still in beta. NOW GO PLAY THIS GAME.
  9. Apr 27, 2011
    I've been playing world of tanks for about a year now. With 5000+ games in closed beta, about 1000+ since release, and way too much online time in game. At the moment its like a addictive FPS game except with upgradable Tanks, and shortly the clan-wars will be coming. That huge "Risk" type world domination map, looks "oh so sweet". So you can play casually, or play to stamp your clan logo all over the world, which ever suits your time limits and play style. Personally I cant wait for the clan-wars, Bring it on!. I don't really understand some of the negative reviews about the matchmaking, or not having the biggest tank in the game. The game is setup that you earn exp based on the level difference of the tanks. So if you happen to fall into a game where most of the tanks are bigger than you, then you earn a lot more experience for damaging them. Tanks have week spots, if you learn where to aim you can damage or kill the bigger enemy tanks and get earn a lot for it. The game does take a bit of skill and experience to get good at it, like most games, playing is easy, being good however takes more skill. Join, play, have fun, and get settled before clan-wars arrives. You wont regret it. Expand
  10. Apr 27, 2011
    Enjoyed this game since it first came out, played over 5000 battles in beta and nearly hitting 2000 in live and only a week in. I love the game and having the ability to control my tank and with teamwork control a platoon and drive around teaming our enemies. Lots of variety and with more things coming in time to come, it will be a great game now and into the future.
  11. Jun 3, 2011
    One of the best games that I played. Fast, dynamic with good graphics and of course this is WWII. Few types of tanks : Heavy , Medium , Light. Tank Destroyers and SPG. All this is what TIGERS :P like the most.
  12. Apr 16, 2011
    Amazing game!
    Lot of fun, amazing battles! I rly love it ! You can go for USA, German and Russian tanks. Lot's of options and additional stuff to buy to own on battlefield.
  13. Apr 25, 2011
    Great game and very addictive. I started out playing this game with a few friends at a Lan party and still find myself playing it every night since. As it was free to play it was an easy sell to all of my friends and now i often have enough playing that I can usually form a 3 man platoon when i happen on in the evenings.

The game has just launched and there is still a lot of content
    slated for release. For me however that will all be icing on the cake as really enjoying what is already released. Expand
  14. May 18, 2011
    Great game and very well support from developers, a lot of patch and extra options. It have so much fresh breath that You want to play it all time, I recommend it for all, You will enjoy it a lot. II World War and tanks, what else You want?
  15. May 27, 2011
    Excellent game! Perfect for all people, who want to spend their time effectively. Realistic game details in combination with faithful graphics bring real enjoyment. I play this game every day since Beta version and I´m still impressed by all those tanks. And that´s the next thing I like. A lot of tanks to play with and the next are on their way! Often a lot of patches are released and they bring more and more things to the game. Developers and Support team members are very friendly and they always help you, if you need them. One year ago I didn't know any tank of the World War II. Now I know all the tanks! Developers, thank you very much for so perfect game! Expand
  16. Jun 3, 2011
    As a quite big fan of ww2 armor i quite enjoy this game, its one of those pickup and play games, no manuals, no guides that take two weeks just to get ready to click start game.. Quite fun and relaxing but with some very intense momments. Good diversity of vehicles that dont require players to grind for a month just to be able to have fun. All in all i do like this game, quite unique and interesting, 10 from me Expand
  17. Jun 3, 2011
    I like the idea. Killing other nations' tanks is cool. Good to improve your team-play. I played quite a lot of games with tanks in it, but it really is concentrated on the real wars circumstances.
  18. Jun 3, 2011
    Let me say that I have 0 previous experience with online playing. WoW and all else did not appeal to me and I got to this game pretty randomly, thanks to a tank--oriented discussion board - because of tanks and WW2. I was immediately ensnared, trapped and became an addict.
    WoT is fairly new game, with limited content (under development), some maps, and about 100 tanks so far. Many people
    would say "hey, that's not much", but... It is plenty already. You can play legends, as well as little known experimental designs. You can choose from 3 development trees, each with unique tanks, and while in some cases the balance could be better (or adherence to history), overall it is a fast-paced, enjoyable game where the main decisive factor in battle is player skill.
    Since the release, the developers also steadily add (a nd plan to add yet more) vehicles, maps and other features, like recently started Ultimate Conquest clan wars.
    All in all, it is an excellent game that promises to get yet better in the future.
  19. Jun 6, 2011
    This game got me hooked off one of the other large MMO's around (hint: same name as a storm). Please do not be thrown off by the uninspired title, it's an awesome game; think counter strike with tanks. If your the kinda person who enjoys tactics and gameplay over pure graphics then this is for you, if you want developers talking about different gameplay features instead of how they're creating some new 'awesome' engine which boasts 10x better graphics then please try a 'le look' franchise like CoD. This game has a fresh feel about it, a step back from the postmodern, homologous and uninspiring wasteland that the game industry is slowly creeping towards.

In short I love it, and I recon you will to.
  20. Jun 11, 2011
    This game is highly recommended for those who are looking for an online game, that doesn't require you to spend gazillion hours to start having fun. Those who give low score, have totally different expectations of this game. This is not a tank simulation, so don't expect 100% accuracy. For me the game has the right blend between realism and fun. Some people have commented this game is grindy. Yes, it becomes a grind if you try to get to the heavy tank class as quickly as possible without enjoying the process. Think of this game as counter strike, with some progression elements. The game play is amazing, it's easy to get into, but has a lot of depth. Try reading the tactics, cause i suck so bad when I first played it. Due to the nature of the game, it's so lag tolerance, in fact i can play this game with 300ms ping and still can do well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, DON'T MISS THIS ONE. Expand
  21. Jun 25, 2012
    This game is quite nice game,even tho it seems easy its not really noob friendly ,especially after tier 7.. so most of people who wrote bad reviews are probably people who played total time of 7ish hours and made a judgement over game that require hours and hours and hoooours of practise
  22. Sep 19, 2013
    This is an MMO-style game.
    If you have ever played any you will know that grinding is a part of gameplay unless you have a big team (in WoT's case, 15 people minimum).
    Game has 10 tiers of tanks, and as you might expect, the higher you get, the longer it takes to 'level up' (or... 'tier up'). Personally, after good 2 years of half hardcore half casual gameplay, I have just 2 Tier 10
    vehicles, mostly because top tier's are not always the most entertaining ones. On top of that I own ~20 vehicles between tiers 5 and 9, often unlocked out of curiosity.

To all beginners: this game may be similar to LoL, but it's much more maths/estimation based. You have numbers: armor thickness, penetration, damage, angles weakspots etc that you have to all take into consideration when fighting against stronger enemies. It has a fairly steep learning curve, and it takes time to memorize characteristics of most common tanks in the game.
    Also, if you came here for historical battles, you will be disappointed. This game is actively balanced, meaning Tigers and even King Tigers are just Tier 7 and 8, meaning 20+ tanks can roflstomp you easily if you don't roll your armor using at least a little strategy.

Lastly, the only reason I am giving it 9 out of 10, is because I did experience the feeling you get when you keep getting vs 2-Tier-Higher-Tanks style battles (which used to be up to 5 Tier higher in early days). Which can and will be annoying until you get to know the armor you fight against
  23. May 1, 2011
    A unique game among Free-to-Play games, quite varied, despite it's currently small offerings, though it still promises more. As a smaller development team, updates do take a while, encompassing major updates and bug fixes, rather than quick hot fixes and tweaks. The current vehicle selection offers a good variety of strategies, though finding ones favorite strategy and play style, and their current vehicle's play style, may be challenging. Some vehicles are very niche as well, and some of the well-known, big-name tanks may require a different mindset to use than what a player would expect. That said, with as much variety that the vehicles can have, for some, a slower-paced, team-based tank game where victory isn't achieved by simply slugging it out, may not be the best for them. This goes especially true when matchmaking is considered; players may face opponents that have be using stronger vehicles on paper, but can still be taken down by superior maneuvering and teamwork rather than relying on pure firepower and attrition. There are a few customizable parts of the interface, including icon modifications, cross hair modifications, and most commonly used, Tank skins, all made by a creative and active community. Expand
  24. May 11, 2011
    nice game easy come in and play
    nice people there too, easy lern
  25. Feb 23, 2012
    I honestly doesn't understand those 1s-3s scores. Does this game have a lot of flows? sure but which isn't? Does micro-payment here is a little to much 'youhaveto'? yep but devs won't feed themselves with praises and it IS free to play if you don't wanna pay - just a lot harder than. But the same is with dificulity system in other games - you can give easy and be king of the world killing everything without scratch or you can give hard or expert and die a lot. If you can't deal with this that in 30 person battle you won't be only one standing 9 out of 10 games than this game is just not for U. On average there is no more than 3 survived from a battle. Will it be always you? almost certainly not. Depending from your role you can be sometimes sure that you wont survive even in 90% of your games. It's WW II tank simulator! you're not happy that some old panzer III is no match for KV? well it's not and it wasn't when real people were driving them but they had to take those kind of battles anyway and die almost certainly. Coz they could buy time for other tanks from their squad to go around KV and destroy it. For example it was main Sherman tank tactics against Tigers -swam him, go around and pound him where he is vulnerable. Easy to say but to do that out of 5 tank sqad at least 2-3 will be destroyed by Tiger for sure. I honestly love this part of WoT - If you're driving light tank and most of others are 2 tier bigger than you have almost no chance to stay alive! but still you can be of valiue to the whole team as a scout. And you will die without even scratching one other oponent? well tough luck. Life is brutal! you have problem with that? try Sims. you have full control over there, and U won't die or lose because you were in a team with more noobs. But for me WoT is a lot more real life simulator than Sims - you will learn here that you are just one small screw that is most of time unimportant but sometimes because it;s lucky, or skilled it can do something big. Expand
  26. Jun 12, 2012
    It's simply unbelievable how much fan this game gives. The strongest things here are 1) gameplay 2) feeling of constant improvement of your garage with every game played 3) very well balanced free/premium gameplay (premium is really VERY nice, but you don't feel weak without it).

For me personally gameplay in WoT can be compared to... Counter-Strike :) At first glance: nothing special.
    But both games have "this thing", which just make "walking and shooting"/"driving and shooting" simply pleasant and fun, and time running waaaay too fast... :D Expand
  27. Nov 7, 2012
    The biggest moan about this game comes from people, who think they are good because they have nice k/d ratio in Call of Duty or Counter Strike series. Suddenly they met a game which requires some skills, but basically THINKING. And that's the reason why the score is so low for such a superb product. Never before anyone has even tried to approach ww II tanks in such a great, MMO way. The graphics after the 8.0 patch are very decent, and the added physics let's You take advantage of terrain and environment. There are good and worse maps, but I've never seen one criticized by all - there are always at least 50% positive reviews. The modules upgrade system is really expanded and the satisfaction when You kill a Tier 8 tank being a Tier 5 is just an amazing feeling which can be felt only by people who spend some time to learn basics. Matchmaking is really ok - There are battles where You play against weaker, there are battles where You are a victim, but cooperation with other team members let You get through even toughest battles. This is not a surprise that most people playing the game are lemmings and are very passive in what they do (plus there worst part is a dude in $$$ Lowe or T34 who has 300 battles and doesn't even know the map, but he MUST play on high tier because screwing up for his team satsifies him). Still surprisingly, there are people who want to cooperate and sometimes team consisting of three cooperating dudes in platoon and 12 lemmings can do a lot. To sum it up - You won't like this game if You like easy, casual playing, if You like scripts, fireworks and lasers. But if You're searching for a true MMO challenge and won't cry when You get killed - this one is definetly a title for You. Just please. Start from 1st tier. Collapse
  28. Jun 3, 2011
    Game has a good balance between realism and arcade, tactics and action. Some tanks are more laid back and easy to ;ay whilst others give you your tactical fill. All the fun of an arcade shooter, and the tactical metagame of a sim without the boring non combat realism. Games only take 10 minutes to play and a massive variety of tanks to choose from, from prewar tin cans up to the massive Maus.
  29. Aug 12, 2011
    I hate tank games. I expected this to be some boring FPS/TPS game with completely no dynamics, the tempo of it being slugger-ish and the whole thing to suck ass. But something seemed to make me play it. Beside i knew it was going to suck. But when i actually played it, i looked at the customization menu, which made my scrotum jump away and sit there staring at the screen for 30 minutes of me checking the stuff out. Its quite educational if you think about it. The tank history and information makes the game add up to like a MMO-FPS-TPS-RPG simulator with lots of facts and actual events. The whole game was surprisingly
    awesome! "Confound all this hard work put in to this game, it drives to me insomnia!"

The beta, was one of the best parts which is now unavailable. Now we get to the minuses, like the payment requied to get about 1/10th of all tanks.
    And apparentaly, by the end of the making of the game, there will be over 150+ tanks. Now there is over 60. Wow.
  30. Aug 2, 2011
    Well, I have been reading the (above) reviews and have to admit that it is impressive how many below 3s and above 7s you find. I always think that everyone is entitled of their opinion, which I totally respect even if I disagree. To my humble opinion, the game rates low by hard core WWII fans or MMO gamers. I read above that it takes 3 months to get a tier 8 tank... Well, I play for 5 months now and only been to tier 6. I guess I am a casual gamer myself... However, I LOVED the game. I stick to the tanks I like and I am not obsessed by reaching Tier 10 anytime soon. I simply do not care. I love each and every tank I own, even created a "bond" with the crew (as you can transfer them from one tank to another)! I lose some battles, win some others, get destroyed and destroy others. I strongly believe that there is a huge research project behind its development and every single detail is thought of. Ok, you might have some balancing issues but what can you do? Enjoy the time you spend playing people! I have spent some money and I think it totally worth it... Don't get me started with all the AAA titles that I have purchased and spent 0 time with them... To my point of view, get a Tier 2 tank (it's free) stick with that alone, find your preferred tank type (Light, Medium, Heavy, Tank Destroyer or SPG) and follow each one's path slowly enjoying all the way. After all it is the journey that matters and not the destination ;-) Expand
  31. Sep 11, 2011
    WoT is not perfect but then what game is? With over 20 years experience playing video games this for me, has to be one of the most addictive games of all time. It has a simple formula that works. The game does have it's problems but they are not game breakers as other suggest. I started playing WoT during the Closed Beta and have over 7500 battles under my belt in total. For those that are finding it a constant struggle and frustration to play I will say this, this is not a FPS like COD4 or the likes but, a game that needs the use of good tactics and team work. You can't just go around running and gunning. You really need to think about how you engage the enemy and to use the equipment that you have to it's advantages whilst minimising it's disadvantages.

The game is free to play and use micro-transactions that is in no way a "pay to win" model.

Buy in game content only enhances your experience.

A person who spends money on the game has no advantage over somebody who plays for free on the battlefield. Both can kill each other just as easily.

So if you like tanks and blowing stuff up look no further than WoT.
  32. Oct 15, 2013
    A great MMO-styled game. I'm not going to say much except that it is a great game since all of the reviews here seem to be extremely critical for no reason other than the fact that they have no idea how to play the game. It would seem that most of the negative reviews here have two causes:

1. Reviewer is absoloutely brain dead and can't play well in any way whatsoever

2. Supposed
    glorification of Stalin

It would seem that the majority of the negative reviews here are about the glorification of Stalin. Are you serious? At least the mindless negative reviews for Company of Heroes 2 were somehow justifiable, but giving the game a 0/10 because a few employees supposedly decided to "glorify Stalin", something that I haven't even heard of them doing? None of you should even have the right to give the game a score.

Now I'll take the time to evaluate some of the critiques of the game that I have read thus far.

First of all, I haven't spent a single cent on this game. Yet, I always consistently do well in every match and I have above average statistics. My WoT account name is ChakLong on the Asia server in case you were wondering. You say the game is pay to win? You are wrong. Stop making excuses simply because you are not good at the game. I've played all the way up to Tier 7, and soon Tier 8 without buying gold or premium, and I never will. Why would you spend money for things that are free and easily attainable (unless you are simply a horrid player)?

There are many, many strategies out there on how to play the game and do well without being "forced" to buy gold. Yes, stock tanks don't do well. They are stock tanks. Were you expecting something different? Play well and you'll be fully upgraded in only a few rounds. Save up on your free experience when you are "forced" to grind instead of wasting it on unlocking tanks, and you'll easily get the stock tank to have top modules. What, your tank gets destroyed because you are driving around in the open like an idiot and not angling your armour or side-scraping, and your stock gun can't do anything against an enemy heavy that that is angled? If you learned to pick your targets and shoot weak spots, maybe you wouldn't be complaining.

Unbalanced tanks? There are only good tanks that you have no idea how to use. Apparently British heavy tanks aren't very good according to low-level players. But they are the only tanks I drive, and my stats beg to differ. Every tank has its merits, just because you don't know how to use a tank doesn't mean that it is underpowered. What, you are facing tanks that are of a higher tier, and you are oh so helpless? Just because you lack any knowledge of game mechanics or even common sense and are unable to use your brain does not mean the game itself is bad.

Now I will also address a completely ridiculous criticism: that it takes actual time and effort to unlock higher tier tanks. Should you just start World of Warcraft with the best gear and stats? Should you start Battlefield 3 with all guns, tools, and perks unlocked?

The simple fact is that higher tier tanks do not give you an advantage. They are simply new ways to play the game. A effortless way to differentiate an idiot or an ignorant player from someone with at least a small trace of intelligence is that an idiot would play the game just to unlock higher tier tanks because they are supposed to give you an edge in battle. It would appear you have no knowledge of how matchmaking works in this game. Additionally, if you play just to get higher tier tanks, you are completely missing the point of the game. You cannot complain about the game supposedly being a grindfest when you are playing the game with the purpose of grinding. Don't be hypocritical.

Frame rate and connection issues? Just because you are using a computer from 1990 and a dial-up connection doesn't mean the game isn't good.

I can't be bothered to continue to point out the ridiculous and overly-critical reviews on Metacritic for this game, and I also don't have the liberty to continue on due to the word limit for reviews. Once again, mindless mob-mentality destroys the credibility of "democratic" voting systems. "OMG some dudes glorified Stalin! THIS GAME R SUXORS! PAY2WIN OMG I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME FOR BALLS SO IT IS BAD! OMG I'M BEING FORCED TO PAY TO PLAY!".

Now you might ask, why 9/10? Simply because it is not a revolutionary game that completely blew my mind. Full score reviews are given out so carelessly these days that, combined with the senseless mob reviews mentioned above, makes community scores from review sites such as Metacritic absolutely worthless. This is a great game, but not a perfect game, or one that amazed me so much to the point that it changed my life.

And remember, just because you can't play a game well because you are used to running around like an idiot in Call of Duty, doesn't make a game bad. It just means you are an idiot.
  33. May 26, 2012
    The game is fun and good. It's one of the best example of good F2P. I played it over 2 years now, and only spent like 5$ just for new slots, because i wanted to buy even more tanks). Without premium you progress faster then in ,for example, Tribes: Ascend and you'll only lack credits if you play bad/ only have top vehicles (They are not profitable even with premium acc so there would be wide range of tanks playing). Gold(paid_ shells are only used in Clan Wars, Some people just don't get that if they are not top, they should fight low tier tanks, but i think it's CoD illness that makes them think that if they are on a light tank(that used mainly as scout and point targets for arty, because it's really fast and can avoid shells) they need to somehow fight with the top tanks. Expand
  34. Jul 9, 2012
    Just plain brilliant!
    It's fun, realistic and easy on matchmaking.
    Good community and I have loads of fun playing it.
    Now with the new update there are more maps and gameplay stuff to play. And for a free game they sure update it a lot making it never boring.
  35. Aug 20, 2012
    This game is one of best F2P games on the world. Why ? Because you cant pay hard money and you will be good player like this guys who have premium account. WOT have very easy controls, nice graphics, a lot of vehicles and its VERY FUNNY GAME.
  36. Vea
    Aug 15, 2013
    Great game that gives a lot of fun.

PS. Most of those negative votes comes from polish ppl that became angry about some writings on USSR tanks. Imho it's pathetic since those tanks are from the II WW times and yes kids Stalin was a bad person but still he lived. He made impact on history of those times. (and I'm also from Poland but still, I think WG didn't do anything wrong).
  37. Sep 3, 2013
    I just love the tank just seeing them tanks makes me all happy inside, I love the tanks.

Shiny tanks, funny tanks, free tanks. I just love dem tanks. Whenever I see a tank I just want to drop to the floor and clap. I fricken love the tanks, just gimmie some tanks.
  38. Sep 18, 2013
    Becoming better and better as it stops being P2W. The only issue I used to have was the P2W nature of the gold ammo and such, now that you can earn gold without real money it's awesome!
  39. Feb 28, 2014
    After playing WoT for 3.5 years (including Beta) I can say something awesome about this game, graphics are good-looking and gameplay is great. You have so many tanks to unlock that you can`t even count!
  40. Dec 20, 2013
    What many do not realize is that buying the in-game currency, gold, is not at all required to advance in the game. The price of gold is a bit high, but playing for free, without gold, is just as rewarding. Gold simply helps you progress, it does not give the player any advantage over others.The game has had many major updates since the posting of the derogatory reviews; there is now a full fledged system for physics, including visibility/camouflage, movement (engine acceleration, terrain resistance, top speed, hull traverse/rotate speed), Aiming/accuracy (gun dispersion, gun accuracy, aiming times), penetration (impact angles/ricochets, armor thickness calculations, penetration loss over distance), damage (shell, gun, crew/module damage), and a complex, ultimately fair matchmaking system. The game has evolved into something much better since 2011 (the year many of the negative reviews were written. The game should have different ratings for each update, or at least be refreshed every few months. Expand
  41. Dec 12, 2013
    The game continues going from strength to strength, as the constant updates and patches continually adjust the game for the most part pretty well balanced, bar a few examples.

The whinging about WoT being Pay2Win is utter rubbish. The only things not available are Premium tanks which for the most part are worse than the normal ones, or a Premium account which just ups your XP and
    credit earning rate. Along with the new mission system gaining extra credits is fairly easy.

The game rewards skillful play, and rewards you using your tanks strengths and guarding it's weaknesses. It can take a while to learn but it can make very rewarding gameplay.
  42. Nov 5, 2012
    I give this title a base score of 5 points simply for being original. Now the graphics are very well done. The audio is fantastic. The ballistics are very nice. The controls are very responsive. The maps are a great deal of fun. And lastly, you can do just fine in this game and never spend any real money. It isn't pay to win. There is some grinding to rank up to new tiers but isn't that what we do when we play anyway? Overall I give the game a 9 because there is still room for improvement. Great fun. Expand
  43. Nov 6, 2013
    Gotta love the people ranting about how much they hate the game. To bad most of them are doing it because they lack complete skill. I suppose that is going to be a problem if your the Number 1 most played game in the world. Never has one game hooked me for so long.
    The gameplay balance is fantastic. And matches are short (at most 15 min) making this game perfect for those who want a
    study break before their mid terms, or job. The graphics are average, but because of that the game will run on almost any PC, which explains its world wide user base. And if cranked up tot he max, their not terrible. Some of the great features of this game are the lack of being able to hack the game due to all major computations being done on the server instead of the PC, only real usable cheats would be aimbots, and such, and the game doesn't reward reflex shooting so there is not much gained using a aimbot. The game is simple enough in terms of basic gameplay that my grandfather who has never played a videogame in his life was able to play. Yet the true strength of the game lies in those that hone their skills and play competitively, The game has grown into one of the largest E-Sports in the world with top prizes for tournaments, and the season running over a million dollars in prize money.
    Outside of the gameplay, there are several cool things about the game. The first being that this game has one of the best free to play setups I've yet seen, the game doesn't have a pay to win option, real-world money really only accelerates your progress in getting new and better tanks so out side of a few tanks that you have to pay money for (and they are not better than their peers, they only make more money) a player can unlock all but 20 out of the 300+ tanks in the game without dropping a penny. Also new game content is immediately given to everyone not just those with money, and new content comes out every month, which along with physics and graphics updates, keeps the game fresh and new feeling.
    Another good feature is that the games economy and real world persistent territory meta game (think risk for player made clans) are combined with other games released by the same company (world of warplanes, and soon world of warships)
    Also just playing the game players will learn alot about tank combat, history and the history of individual tanks, so the game even teaches you some history and makes it so you want to lean more about the tanks you are driving.
    Lastly the company that created this game, donates a lot to charities and has even funded expeditions to recover old and rare crashed planes, and wrecked tanks, these guys are devoted to history

In short this is a game which will get you hooked, keep you reeled in, and is a blast to play with ever more layers of gameplay depth that are discovered as one improves. A must play game.
  44. Feb 14, 2013
    World of Tanks is typically billed as an MMO, but this game had it’s formative months in an era when “MOBA” wasn’t even a genre title, and since everyone else is comfortable calling it an MMO, it stuck. It is, however, an online battle arena.

When you first register (at http://worldoftanks.com/; completely free) and log in, you’ll be given a selection of several light tanks to choose
    from to get yourself into battle, straight away. These tanks will never need to be repaired (which costs credits earned simply by playing matches). They’re you’re old stand-byes. If all else fails (read: your medium and heavy tanks get junked), these will always be there for you to jump back into some games, and earn yourself some credits to fix up those scrapped monsters. This is the reason why you honestly never have to spend a dime on this game. You will always have a tank with which to earn currency, and not just credits. You also slowly accumulate “free experience” which you can then use to upgrade your tanks and crew, or trade it in for gold to buy new tanks of varying class. You can also outright purchase gold, if you’re not earning fast enough, but you never have to. Personally, I always tend to pick up a little bit of currency for cash. It helps support the fine men and women who make these wonderful games, and my middle name happens to be “Instant Gratification.”

The game plays as you’d expect an arcade style tank simulator to play. Your WASD controls, move and turn your craft, while the turret is tied to your mouse-look. Range finding in WoT is extremely easy if an enemy tank is spotted by an ally, there’s a red diamond that appears above them and the map is automatically pinged. You know you’re properly aiming at an enemy because they’ll be outlined in a bold, red line when they’re in your sights. Two reticles aid you in aiming, as well a static circle that stays centered on your screen and not only marks where you’re aiming, but also tightens to indicate a steady, well fired shot the longer you remain still… moving and firing is a bit difficult to master; and a semi-transparent circle that actually accounts for terain, showing you were your shell will land in relation to where you’re aiming. It’s a simple system, but ingenious. It conveys all the important information regarding your aim in as compact a package as possible.

World of Tanks is beautiful. The textures are appropriately gritty, but also colorful. In the screenshot above, you can see the blue of the sky, the white of the clouds, the red roofs, and green trees. Though this is a war game, gunmetal gray is nowhere to be found! And the attention to detail is incredible. Look at the segmented windows, with cracked and broken glass. The piles of rubble that seem to have each individual rock textured and shadowed; in other areas of this city, park benches are present, wrought iron fences, and telephone poles all modeled with a great degree of care… which you can then roll over in your hulking slab of armored cavalry. Shells hit the dirt and send earth flying, exhaust fumes belch forth from the bellies of your steel beasts. I have, and often, been shot dead in the middle of taking in the environments, because they’re just so nice to look at. Most free-to-play games don’t have this level of detail… Hell, some box titles don’t have this level of detail! All those years working on proper battle field visuals has really been put on display by Wargaming.net in WoT.

Verdict: ++Good (9.0 out of 10) Though this particular game style won’t appeal to everyone, and there is a limited amount of game modes to participate in, both competitive arena gamers and WWII buffs will get tons of mileage out of World of Tanks. What is here is done extremely well, and the Wargaming.net team knows tanks better than any other development house in the business, providing proper heft to the tanks themselves, excellent play-mechanics and responsive controls, as well as authentic sound effects for the cannons and engines. It’s fun for 15 minutes, or 5 hours!
  45. Apr 3, 2013
    One of my favorite free to play games and one of the first ones I ever started playing. I still jump in occasionally to play. Great community and it's always fun to try different tank.
  46. Apr 26, 2013
    Great game! Fun to play and best part its free to play. Reason i didnt give it a 10 is that more variety in maps would be welcome. Often updates with new tanks and stuff.
  47. Aug 21, 2013
    This is the most addictive game I've played in the last months. I've known the game for a long time, but never tried it out until now. It's fun and tactical, and even more tactical and fun when played with friends over a mic. I need to end this review to get back to battle.
  48. Oct 23, 2013
    Funny how this game has so bad reviews. This game is a very indepth tactical tank shooter, and is far above an average game. It has enough diversity, complexity and endgame to give you fun for years. I think its a bit hard to get all the mechanics at first, especially the camoflage and sight mechanics. And you should know which tanklines are good, cause many are just a waste of time.
    If you are intelligent enough, and know what you do, you can have tons of fun in this game.

It has a few flaws. The matchmaking system. And some tanks are a bit unbalanced.
    They get balanced, but normally this takes a few month.
    If you get that unbalanced tank as fast as you can, its an advantage. ;-)

If you test it and want to continue, i suggest you get premium account (subscription fee like a normal mmo. its around 10 bucks and depends how much you buy. i suggest you buy it monthly until the first premium special [15% off normally], and then get half a year. thats how i do it),
    cause you are always short on credits in this game, and 50% more is a must in my eyes, although i know 2 ppl that play without it. Takes a s***load of time to compensate.

Overall i enjoy this game since 2 years. Its a really good game.
  49. Oct 25, 2013
    Some games are hard. Sometimes you get unlucky. If you can't handle that, this is not the game for you.

Some people say without gold and premium time, the game is unbearable. These people are used to CoD where you can kill people with the click of a mouse. In order to be successful, you need to be smart, know how to destroy each tank and how your own tank works. If you unable to
    comprehend such lunacy, please don't play. You will make it worse for us with a basic understanding of the game.

Overall, this a big boy game, where 12 year olds will rage quit at tier 3
  50. Dec 20, 2013
    Literally this game has changed the game scene. Lots of haters and clones only prove this. You want to play online in a mighty tank crashing everything around? Do that here!
  51. Jun 13, 2014
    This game ends up being at the top of the charts because of its base mechanics - driving the tank works, it's fun, intuitive and interesting. Yes, there are flaws; the match-making will drive you crazy and Putin (or someone else) has forced WarGaming into making some of the Russian tanks ridiculously strong and downgrade the German tanks from the strength they should have had. However, today the game is somewhat balanced and most of the time you can play a role in all battles as long as you choose the right one. It's not a free game if you want to really enjoy yourself (but games shouldn't be free) but you can't simply pay to win - that accusation is inaccurate. You can pay to have an advantage but it's not enough to replace skill.

If you like tanks or think it would be fun to drive one around and shoot at things, this is a great game to play. Whether you'll just mess around for a while and reach a casual middle tier game or if you'll work your way all the way up, hey, that's up to you. The tactical aspect and understanding of your vehicle adds for a very deep experience and even though your team will occasionally annoy you (welcome to playing online...), you'll generally enjoy yourself. Disregard stats and just focus on driving your tank, that's what the game is about.
  52. Aug 9, 2013
    Decent FTP title with an pretty unique main characters. The game itself somewhat easy to learn hard to master, but some things like random shell hits, auto balancer etc can lead to rage sometimes. Without premium it is almost impossible to drive tier 9-10 tanks, but during battle round premium customer have little advantage over freemium player. Nice game, but it can become pretty boring if played regularly.

Put in 10 just to piss all those western whiners, who think they know something about USSR and Stalin, but in reality majority of them read some pulp fiction history novels and attended history class in school a.k.a. full of propaganda.
  53. Dec 29, 2012
    The negative scores are just because the persons didn't understand the game.. The matchmaking is fair and it's not pay2win. Sometimes it's frustrating (if you don't understand the game and aren't willed to learn) but the game keeps your win rate about 48% (2% draws, 50% loses) if you are an average player. No one with over 1000 battles has a win rate under 42%.
    The tanks are balanced too.
    There matchmaking only puts tanks in a game if there is just 2 levels difference and a tank 2 levels lower than the other can damage it if you know where to aim.. The premium tanks which you can buy for real money aren't overpowered. They are as well as the other tanks on their level. You can buy premium ammo for ingame credits or real money. Premium players only earn more experience/credits so they aren't better than other players, they just reach the next tank/gun/tracks/... faster.
    The game is not about getting a level 10 tank (last level). The game is about having fun on your level. And sometimes it's more funny to play a level 2 tank than a level 10.
  54. Oct 8, 2012
    This is an incredibly fun and addictive game. I really don't understand the poor User scores for this game. After a quick look I realize most of them are from try-hards that get frustrated with the fact that they can't one-shot every single thing in the game. Most likely FPS and RPG gamers that don't quite understand anything other than mashing keys and getting instant gratification. Anyways, this game creeped on me slowly, and now it has become one of my favorite games to play. First of all, the game concept itself is really fun and simple and easy to get in to. If you start getting into the game more and more then it's when it actually gets addictive. There is a lot more than just driving a tank with simplistic controls and shooting other players, it's actually quite more complicated than that if you want to excel at it. There is fidelity (somewhat) to the real life attributes of most tanks, regarding guns, engines, amor, weak spots, etc etc. Then there is actually the dual progress of your tank(s) with credits and XP, and your crew who also get XP on their own and can be further specialized with cool attributes. All of this, in a FREE to play game. Let me repeat, FREE, yes, you do NOT have to pay anything if you don't want to, however, if you want to advance faster or get certain advantages, you can do it by paying. And this where most of their negative reviews come from, most likely 14 year olds that want to have the best tank possible RIGHT NOW, not a fun progress through weeks of playing, BUT RIGHT NOW, and they can't seem to understand any other way to get things than actually paying. Unfortunately, even when that happens, you are qued against similar tier tanks, therefore there is no such a "glorious advantage" over anyone at any point really, and that pisses off certain people. However, if you are a decent player that enjoys challenge, that understand there is progression in a game and likes to understand every aspect of the game, this game is an amazing bargain. Conclusion: The game is incredibly fun and addictive with a certain depth if you want to get into it. It's free to play, however if you impatient or want to get certain small advantages while progressing then you will have to pay some. If you are a tank/WW2 junkie then this game is a must. And if you are player that likes competition and challenge, not easy brain-dead fun, then you will like this game. You also need to understand that this is a MMO, so there is a progression designed to last several months, so NO, you WON'T "beat" the game in few days, stop giving bad reviews because of this. Also, ArenaNet is doing a fantastic job at keeping the game updated, not only with new maps, new tanks, but also new very important additions, such an updated Physics engine, graphics rendering, etc etc, things that most games charge you for or simply wait until releasing a "part 2" of the game. They really seem committed to make this a great game, which already is to be honest. Expand
  55. Mar 11, 2013
    Great game overall. It gets better and better as you progress and kills are very rewarding. The maps are built for teamplay and tactics and you must learn to play tactically. If you can learn how to play this game I believe you are open for a great time.
  56. Apr 15, 2014
    I started playing World of Tanks soon after it came out. At that time it truly was Pay 2 Win and the grinding was much worse than it is today. Because of the long grinds I stopped playing it for more than a year. Fortunately I wanted some tank action after that long pause and installed the game again.

The first thing I recognized is how different the game is now. They have made the
    grinds much faster, removed the Pay 2 Win aspect as you can buy premium ammo with regular credits (not real money), you can participate in mission for gold (premium cash) or additional tanks, tank slot, free equipment etc. They have improved the graphics, added the physics and more importantly, they are constantly adding new stuff to the game. New tanks, new modes, new maps... they are not taking a break, but constantly improving the game. It's a true F2P game that is constantly being improved.

This game is really fun if you play it alone, but it's even more fun if you play it in a team. Get into a clan and do battles for gold on the global map. This is why I am playing the game right now and intend to do so. I haven't bought 1 day of premium, yet have top tier tanks, use premium rounds and have plenty of money just from free playing. In fact, I made my first purchase with real money because of the changes they made in the game, that don't require constant money spending. I mostly bought new tanks slots.

Being in a clan, fighting clan wars, having a strategy, winning and losing and being a part of the action is great fun especially after a hard day of work.
  57. Oct 14, 2013
    Excellent free to play title with lovely g, new patches every month and great future ahead. I really enjoyed the lower tiers and i recommend starting with the American or Russian heavy tanks, the t29, t18 or the whole kv line are a real pleasure to play
  58. May 12, 2014
    This games absolutely a 10/10, and it's totally addicting. I've spent well over 1000 hours on this game. I consider it more of a sport because of all the talent it takes to actually be good in this game. There's so much skill to it.

Check it out, you definately won't regret it. This game is super popular for a reason.
  59. Sep 29, 2014
    Its a brilliant game if you understand the mechanics of how it actually works. If however you understand nothing apart from the ins and outs of Hello Kitty Adventure world this game is not for you. Although people seem to think that its pay to win it isnt. Its a massive grind if you are a welfare warrior but this pays off with patience because you learn so much about the individual roles of the game. I Beta tested this game. Sometimes its completely infuriating. Other times its amazing. For me it gets 10/10 Expand
  60. May 21, 2014
    I've been playing WOT since the 5.6 update and i know this much:
    it has surprised me how difficult and demanding this game is to play but in a good way,grinding a tank can be slow but unlocking the new shiny beast can give a sense of accomplishment, killing opposing tanks is often difficult making it quite satisfying to bring down their monster with your tiny tank, you might also be
    surprised by how enjoyable setting someone else tank alight or hitting their ammo rack is and the maps and tanks are constantly changing and flowing always being tweaked to improve gameplay soo the same map may not be the same over multiple updates.

Thats the end of the pros anyway some of the cons include nut are not limited to
    VERY VERY hard learning curve---most tanks have a unique playstyle and usually wont perform well outside said style unless piloted by a skilled player.
    No respawn----with limited tanks on field any mistake is quite costly and other player will insult you for your mistakes.
    Community----some players are just tools, either your not as 'perfect' as them (while they die in the first minute its all your fault still)or make a mistake they do feel at home degrading other players.
    Battle tiers----great idea and they have really worked on this one too, soo currently they are slightly unfair but not terrible like some of the mainline FPS your tank is no longer pitted against impossible foes but ones you need to think about before engaging.

Overall this is a fantastic game that gets a bad rap sometimes because of poor player capability or general understanding of the game.
    After my 11k battles and the collective 800k battles of my peers(who asked me to review) this game CAN be tedious but it can also be awesome fun too
  61. Jul 29, 2014
    Nice game!!! A realistic war II tank game!!
    Every language can be transformed in the game.
    Tanks included in T1 to T10 bring different fun for me . Love it!!!
  62. Nov 15, 2014
    This game is addicting. (To me, Sherlocks!) I'm not that good (I've only won 43.97% of my battles), but I've carried on. Don't say that I suck, I'm just average. I'm getting off track. Anyways, I like that you can customize your tanks, the game play is awesome (asides from the bots, team killers, & most low tier matches), I also like how you can go to team training, creating a server or whatever it's called, & just having plain fun. I wish that you don't have to pay for repairments, ammo, & consumables.

To the haters out there, ya'll just suck at this game. 'Nuff said.
  63. Nov 26, 2014
    Excellent F2P game that I have spent more time on this year than any other game. It looks and plays like a top-tier game, and is perfectly viable as a free game. If you want a little more, then you can pay, but this does not detract from the free part of the game. Brilliant!
  64. Nov 7, 2012

1. Dec 18, 2012
    Bucketloads of depth and surprisingly simple to jump into. It's free, too! [Jan 2013, p.84]
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    World of Tanks is the ultimate tank battle game, and with a price tag of 0 whatever your currency is - there really isn't anything major to complain about.
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    It combines aspects of great RPG games and first person shooters, wraps them into a package that will appeal to the historian, and tosses in a dash of addiction to combine into one great final product.