3.7

1. Jan 18, 2012
    First of all I have to say game is fun at the times, but it is also very frustrating so you can easily forget the fun part. I'm used to grinding games, I'm grind addict. I don't mind spending hours and hours to get to the next tank. I don't think tanks should be "skipped" just to get to the last tank possible asap. Every tank you play has its strengths and weaknesses, there isn't perfectFirst of all I have to say game is fun at the times, but it is also very frustrating so you can easily forget the fun part. I'm used to grinding games, I'm grind addict. I don't mind spending hours and hours to get to the next tank. I don't think tanks should be "skipped" just to get to the last tank possible asap. Every tank you play has its strengths and weaknesses, there isn't perfect tank. I wouldn't consider this game free 2 play, its more like a demo you get to play for free. If you want to advance in the game to the end tier you will need to pay for premium account. Although I have around 4000 matches played, I'm still not bored even though game lacks game modes badly. Maps are poorly designed in my opinion, maybe a bit too small too. Most of the maps are either fully open with hardly any cover, or you get 2-3 narrow passages, then it becomes stupid lemmings train match (everyone goes to one side). But all that isn't as bad as matchmaking system which kills ALL of the fun out of the game. Seems like it gets worse with every next patch they release. Now don't get me wrong, I know each tanks' role and what it is supposed to do. I don't mind being placed in tier 8-10 match in tier 4 light tank. Let me give you example of terrible matchmaking. You drive KV-3 (tier 6), very slow (so its not scout), and it gets you into tier 8-10 matches with more than half of the team being 9-10 tier. You really stand no chance in such game. I mean you can still win if your team is good enough, but then again where is the fun playing such match? You cant really damage anything, you can just hide and hope to get that last shot on someone. There are many examples like that you will 80% of your games be thrown into unfair matches. You will be on the bottom of the list, and that's when frustration comes in. Tank companies on the other hand have tier limits which is good, and I don't see any reasons why "standard" battle mode isn't using same rules. WG devs just want to force you to buy premium account so you can get to the tier X ASAP and then forget about lower tier tanks... What's the point... I want to enjoy playing every tank not just tier X. And do you know why? Because nothing really changes at that tier, sure tanks may be looking more cool. Have more ammo and firepower, but the gameplay stays exactly the same. It never evolves to something. And all this could be easily forgiven (long grinding, poor map designs, very rude community if I may add, lot of kids etc.) if it wasn't for that terrible matchmaking system which day refuse to improve just so you can spend your money on the game. It is fail Free 2 play title. Expand
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    This game is funny in the start, but after some battles you face the truth. Very unbalanced battles try to force you to buy a premium account or spend some RL money in them. Dont waste your time in this thing.
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    This is a long review, but I've played the game for so long and I'm honest enough about the entire thing to give a useful opinion without being a fanboy or bashing the game completely, so please keep this in mind as you read.

This game is a very mixed bag. First off, the core gameplay can be entertaining if you're willing to learn how it works and operate within those boundaries. There's a lot of satisfaction to gain from this, which is why as a person who detests this game, I actually do still play it. The game is all about grinding. Tier 1-3 goes fast, 3-4 is a little longer, 4-5 is very long, then after that it doesn't seem to be long before tier 6, and then 7, but 8, 9 and 10 are very long grinds. I've played since June 2011 basically EVERY day and I have two tier 10 tanks unlocked, a couple of tier 9 tanks, half a dozen tier 8's, many tier 7's. So you can see it takes a long time to get tanks. I play to get one win a day in each tank I care about, never grinding because that's too tedious and it takes me this kind of time.

The game heavily rewards money spending via premium tanks that are poorly balanced and with premium shells (Though these can now be bought with in-game currency - which has caused some chaos and imbalance). The premium tanks are frequently overpowered when introduced, causing much anger among players who face them - which of course means lots of players run out and buy these tanks. They're not cheap either. The game's in-game currency is gold, you can buy 1250 gold for about $8. Most of the tier 7-8 premium tanks which are the most powerful and fun to use are about 8000-12000 gold which comes out to about $35-50. That's $35-50 for ONE tank. The next step, Wargaming nerfs the tank so the normal playerbase stops complaining, but then they buff it again and it goes on and on. All these tanks do is return more in-game credits than a normal tiered equivalent. Lots of normal tanks are poorly balanced so the problem becomes that to get a fun to use tank you may have to go through a few badly balanced and unfun tanks. Despite these tanks being unbalanced negatively, players who complain in the forums trying to get these tanks improved are ridiculed and told they're just bad at the game. Wargaming NEVER listens to player feedback, as the game is most popular in Russia and that is truly the only playerbase they care about. The Russian developers ignore American feedback, they just allow us to pretend we matter to silence us - this may sound conspiracy theorist but it really is true in this game.

The community is also one of the worst I've ever seen. Players are very bad at the game even at higher tiers, and they just keep playing which ruins the fun for a normal/good player. Battles are 15 players vs 15 players and the matchmaker is notoriously bad. Using an external mod which shows player's skill ratings and win rates during a match, I've observed the game frequently stacks one team full of very good players and the other team is full of bad players. This game is NOTORIOUS for losing streaks, worse than any game I've ever seen. You can be good (which not to brag, I am pretty good at the game) and still be shafted by bad matchmaking, poor player skills, and random number generation - which is how the game determines damage, penetration, and basically everything.

Wargaming is also probably one of the worst game companies I've had the displeasure to play a game from. They give their moderators free realm to basically do whatever they want, and their "appeals" section if you get chat banned in the game is basically for show - they never repeal bans, no matter what. This game is so terrible about censorship, that despite allowing you to disable a profanity filter I personally have been banned for calling somone a noob before. Yes, they're THAT kind of moderators. If you insult the developers, other players, in ANY fashion even calling them stupid or dumb you'll get banned for a few days. They also frequently tell people to stop spamming or stop using caps when no one is doing either action. Wargaming is a very shallow company concerned only with squeezing profit out of the game while doing as little as possible to improve long standing issues. Users make great suggestions, and they're never listened to. The also ignore all test server player feedback, they just use hard stats like win rates, average damage and other things that do not reveal the full picture to determine what's balanced and what's not.

The game can be fun when everything is alright, but too many times the game is just awful. Many maps are bad, many tanks are bad, and the community is awful, the developer/staff is terrible. There's a fun game buried underneath this mess, but it's not worth your time to find it if you ask me - I've played over 2k hours, I'd know...
  4. Jan 17, 2013
    Ir is a nice game to start with, but at the higher tiers the fights are mostly unbalanced. Although a fight is scheduled to last 15 minutes most of the time you will be out within 2-5 minutes. Only rarely you will see a fight where you can have fun slugging it out.

Biggest problem however is the amount of verbal abuse in this game. A lot of the higher tier players will blame others if they lose (even the best players have a win rate below 60%) and they will tell you loud and clear
  5. Jun 30, 2013
    In this joke of a game, winning 6 times out of 10 makes you in the top 1%.
    If you win more than 75% of the games, then you are probably in the top 100.
    On a lucky streak, you may win 100% of games. On an unlucky streak, you will win none of them. If you like to spend tremendous tme and money on one single game, finally become one of the very best players and still lose at least 30%
    In this joke of a game, winning 6 times out of 10 makes you in the top 1%.
    If you win more than 75% of the games, then you are probably in the top 100.

If you like to spend tremendous tme and money on one single game,
    finally become one of the very best players and still lose at least 30% of your battles,
    purely due to team composition, this is definitely your game.

Oh yeah and when you die in the first minute without doing damage or spotting, don't worry.
    If your team has less bots or 80+ years old WWII veterans with Parkinson's disease than the enemy team, you will be carried and win for free.
    Of course personal performance matters but up to a point, not enough,
    not rewarding enough, not enough for a game, not enough to have fun.

tl;dr :
    win or loss is matter of luck in team composition,
    the very best players in this game still lose more than they should because of luck.
  6. Oct 15, 2014
    WoT can be a fun game with friends... so what justifies this note of 4/10 ?

1/ It comes with several design flaws. Some very basic game mechanics are dead wrong. How the artillery works, how the different "classes" of tanks are supposed to interact with each others, how the map stimulate tactics, how risks vs rewards is managed, all these are wrong. I would go as far as to say
    WoT can be a fun game with friends... so what justifies this note of 4/10 ?

1/ It comes with several design flaws.

I would go as far as to say that the very low level of actual thoughts, and care, devoted to such critical elements of gameplay, is a real testimony to the low level of education and interest of the designers.

2/ Breach the most basic rule of gaming

Every player meeting on a gaming field must abides by the same rules. Only him and how he evolves in-b
    etween a specific set of rules must determine victory.

In World of tanks, a player is *punished* for doing good. Game is rigged to alter matchmaking and random number generator to actually lower your odds, the more you improve.

This is the total, complete and utter dumbest system ever, as it actually favor playing badly. Really... Duh ?!

3/ The developers are... special

Yes, Wargaming is a bad company, not EA level of bad, but close.

They are *extremely* greedy even by "F2P" standards
    They use tax haven in Cyprus
    One of their lead developper is the infamous SerB
    They may joke on that but they show a constant love for stalinism
    They have a complete disdain for european customers (and people from EU in general)

You should think about these things before giving these people your money.

So all in all, 4/10, and do not give gold (€€) to them.
  7. Jan 19, 2014
    Its fun for a short while but the more you tier up the less fun it is. As for claims for historical accuracy? That's a complete joke!
    1. 20mm gun is ridiculously more effective than historically - its the gun to have for the 1st 3 tiers.

2. Almost everything German is MARKEDLY downgraded from historical. examples: German armour was only 1s that had face-hardened plate until 1943 which is why 20mm guns were redundant. Don;t expect to 1 or 2 shot anything in a Panther, more like 5-10 shots depending on the target. They've made it almost the worst tank in the game. Bias? Your call.

3. Everything Russian is MARKEDLY upgraded. examples: almost all pre-1943 AFV's had hand-cranked turrets meaning slow traverse. In game they are among the fastest. Most of their models pre-1944 had room for only 2 in the turret meaning the Commander had to double as gunner, meaning slower aiming. In-game they are among the fastest. Bias? Your call.

4. Becomes obvious the more you play that none of the examples above of the above are done for game balance it is simply the Devs agenda.

5. Probably worst of all is their matchmaker system. Don't expect to get your favorite WWII tank (whether it be a Sherman, Tiger, T-34 etc) and enjoy it. The majority of the time you will be thrown into battles 2 tiers above yours and fighting post-war tanks that are faster, better gunned, lower silhouette & better armoured so that most of your shots will bounce.

This game could have been great but the makers have let their prejudices & greed get in the way.
  8. Apr 1, 2014
    vamos primeiro aos pontos positivos, o jogo apresenta uma otima qualidade de gameplay, graficos, conexçao, etc, porem ele te joga contra pessoas realmente viciadas, do tipo, voce morre com um tiro, ou o cara simplesmente te mata sem voce sequer ter visto, por isso eu acho que deveria avaliar as habilidades do jogador e colocar players com o mesmo nivel de habiliadade
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    There's a simple way to describe this game. If you don't pay, you will hate this game. In the beginning you can derp around in funny tanks and ones with troll guns too. This game may seem fun at first, but after tier 7 or 8, money is a HUGE issue. If you don't pay, you won't ever make a profit. The money issue can be solved with, you guessed it, real money to buy a $50 tank, which isThere's a simple way to describe this game. If you don't pay, you will hate this game. In the beginning you can derp around in funny tanks and ones with troll guns too. This game may seem fun at first, but after tier 7 or 8, money is a HUGE issue. If you don't pay, you won't ever make a profit. The money issue can be solved with, you guessed it, real money to buy a $50 tank, which is ludicrous. So if you don't pay, you won't have fun. Expand
  10. Aug 9, 2014
    World of Tanks have Issues. The concept and trailers of the game look like its an awesome tank-em up. However, its not. I got the game because I wanted to fight in a WW2 era tank as Russians against some real German tanks from WW2. But, that NEVER happened as I had to grind my way up Half the tiers just to get the iconic tanks such as T-34s and KV-1's, and then I was playing against otherWorld of Tanks have Issues. The concept and trailers of the game look like its an awesome tank-em up. However, its not. I got the game because I wanted to fight in a WW2 era tank as Russians against some real German tanks from WW2. But, that NEVER happened as I had to grind my way up Half the tiers just to get the iconic tanks such as T-34s and KV-1's, and then I was playing against other tanks from all the nations, and some tanks were never even developed from blue prints. Also, im constantly put up against higher tiers and its just not fun. The mechanics are awful, The tanks feel like there on wheels and none of them have any weight. The hit point system is off, and the worst feature about the game is line of sight. It took me 1 year of Solid game play (over 150 hours) to get to a tier 5. One time, on YouTube, I saw the closed beta for war thunder ground forces, and I was hyped for that. When it came open beta, world of tanks looked like a 'just a released early access' for a arcade tank game. I realized how bad world of tanks is. There are a few good points, however. You can play world of tanks on very poor PC, and the Penetration system is also quite accurate, although the 'lower glaciers' week spot on most tanks is un-realistic. The HD on tanks world of tanks look gorgeous, and the wheels moving on the HD tanks are perfect. However, I don't recommend this game, get war thunder instead. Expand
  11. Aug 20, 2014
    Game is actually fun at the beginning, but

1) It's DAMN expensive, you're going nowhere without a premium account and gold, and grinding is long and horrible 2) The real turnoff is the player base. If you pay attention to the chat, 95% of messages are insults coming from players frustrated by the horrible grinding (read above) and thinking everyone other than themselves are
    Game is actually fun at the beginning, but

2) The real turnoff is the player base. If you pay attention to the chat, 95% of messages are insults coming from players frustrated by the horrible grinding (read above) and thinking everyone other than themselves are responsible for the current defeat. And not talking about trolls that kill some team mates just because they're bored. Then there are the bots, but at least they're polite and don't kill or insult anyone of the mates :)

3) There is a "complain" button that is totally useless, as you can see the same bots and the same trolls always around.
  12. Nov 3, 2014
    The game had so much potential, unfortunately the developers' Eastern European mentality was it's doom, which is basically the unwillingness to improve your service (or in this case: your game) if it's making a profit. WoT is definitely making a profit, so the devs conviniently ignore every single piece of constructive criticism or suggestions.

Grinding feels pointless after a certain

Grinding feels pointless after a certain tier, usually tier 6: from there, it just takes extremely long. Grinding is good when it's rewarding, when it's fun. But in WoT, grinding is not fun. You keep grinding and grinding until you finally unlock your next tank, but guess what, it's useless without upgrades. Slow, low firepower, low armor. Have fun grinding some more, until you have a slightly less useless tank, up until you max it out. THEN playing with that tank IS actually fun. But if that particular tank isn't your fetish, then chances are, you'll want the next one. And so the cycle of grinding continues.

The premium content is out of control. You can buy tanks for 60$, that have insane fire rate and mobility (hello E25, see you in hell), absurd armor and firepower (Löwe, IS-6, etc), and so on. Imagine how much fun it is to be killed by an overpowered premium tank. It's like the devs pummeling your face to the dirt, and then taking a **** on you as you lie on the ground helpless. I'm not overexaggerating, this is how it feels like. You died, just because someone paid more than you. Thanks.

The game itself is optimized very poorly. I play on my laptop, which has a decent GPU and a 3rd generation Inter i5 processor. Dead Space 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 2, they all run smoothly with 60-80 FPS on high/ultra settings. But not this ungodly slavic abomination of a tank game, since it maxes out around 40 FPS while everything is set to MINIMUM. I am playing with graphics straight out of 2002, but the framerate still drops sometimes. Interrestingly enough, 'Low' settings produce 30 FPS, 'Medium' caps at 25, 'High' at 20 and 'Maximum' at 10-15. Keep in mind, this is on a relatively small map with a few vehicles driving around. What the ****

The ingame economy it clearly geared towards spending real money. I am currently at Tier 7, with a few Tier 8 tanks researched, but I don't have enough money. Usually I earn 6-8K profit per battle if it's a good battle, and I currently have around 300K. I only need 2.100.000 more credits to buy a Tier 8, OR I can spend real money on gold or premium to get some money. So basically I need 300 good battles to get my Tier 8, but good battles are hard to come by, because of the matchmaking, which is horrible beyond reason. Another motivation from the devs for you, to spend money, so you won't be frustrated. I won't be spending money, because I don't like to be coerced into it, so **** off.

Lastly, the UI. It's lifeless, dull, boring and confusing. People wrote hundreds of suggestions about it on the forums, but as usual, they were ignored.

I don't recommend this game. If you really want to play with tanks, wait for Armored Warfare. At least it is being made by Obsidian, not a group of incompetent slavic chimps.
  13. Jan 18, 2017
    Spanish-English
    Spanish-English
    Si quieres acceder a los tier X te veras obligado a gastar $$ en tanques premium y tiempo premium el juego esta hecho de tal manera en que perderás créditos jugando los tiers altos, ademas los servidores dejan que desear, hay muchos mods ilegales, los mapas son malos, el MM es injusto te mete en juegos en los que no harás nada con un tanque 2 niveles inferior, el blindaje no tiene importancia todo dependerá de cuanta bala premium ellos te lancen, los equipos son basura perderás 11 juegos seguidos sin importar que hagas, en resumen puede tener momentos divertidos pero no lo recomiendo mejor jueguen Warthunder

English
    If you want to access the tier X you will be forced to spend $$ in premium tanks and premium time the game is made in such a way that you lose credits playing high tiers, besides the servers leave you to wish, there are many illegal mods, maps They are bad, the MM is unfair puts you in games in which you will not do anything with a tank 2 levels lower, the shielding does not matter everything will depend on how much bullet premium they throw you, the teams are trash you will lose 11 games in a row no matter You do, in summary you can have fun times but I do not recommend it better go play Warthunder
  14. Sep 26, 2015
    Game is unplayable for two major reasons:

1) No Customer Service--if anything goes wrong ... if you don't get an item you paid for ... or if you make a small error in recruiting or leveling ... the company will not fix your situation. You are on your own. Caveat emptor. 2) Matchmaking is awful--you're either on the side that is stacked or on the side that will lose. Nothing you can
    Game is unplayable for two major reasons:

2) Matchmaking is awful--you're either on the side that is stacked or on the side that will lose. Nothing you can do. You may have 4 kills, but two minutes in your entire team has been steamrolled and it's now 10 v you.

When the fates allow and planets align ... you'll have a good match ... in which you better be using the pay-to-win ammo or you'll melt away.
  15. Oct 25, 2015
    This game is only fun until tier 3-4. Before I got to tier 3, i thought the game was very balanced, had good mechanics, and overall a nice game. When I got to tier 3, I found myself in a match playing against tiers 7. Is it that hard to even out the teams in a game like this?!
  16. Oct 14, 2011
    World of tanks is a wonderful idea done wrong. I've played it for a week and then gave up. The premise of having upgradable tanks is really neat, but the devs have their heads up their arses. Battles are fought from automatically matched teams and this is the killing point. After playing for a few days and upgrading your tank you will end up being outgunned 95% of the time. It's likeWorld of tanks is a wonderful idea done wrong. I've played it for a week and then gave up. The premise of having upgradable tanks is really neat, but the devs have their heads up their arses. Battles are fought from automatically matched teams and this is the killing point. After playing for a few days and upgrading your tank you will end up being outgunned 95% of the time. It's like playing CS with only a glock. You will spend your time speccing battles you cannot possibly influence. Expand
  17. Dec 17, 2012
    Grinding is not fun. The cost of faster advancement is not cheap. You can easily spent more than $100 on this game.

You will be cycled through a pattern of being frustratingly weak and slow, until you upgrade your tank fully. You can either then try to get your crew experience if you enjoy fighting in that tier and want to stick to a tank, or move on and restart a new cycle of frustration and upgrading. Those who upgraded or have paid, will enjoy destroying others in your helpless state... "zomg, I killed 5+ tanks! So epic!"

I personally got fed up by Tier 3/4. I finally found a tank I liked, the German "Luchs", but the reward for the grind just wasn't very satisfying. Some have said that Tier 6 tank that my Luchs can research into, a VK2801 or something, was amazing, but I rather not play a game with so much grinding, unless it had a better social aspect.

To say the least, I really like the music.
  18. May 29, 2011
    If you can look past the lack of any sort of story/plot/etc. and focus on the actual gameplay, World of Tanks can be quite enjoyable. Like Counter Strike, this game doesn't have an engrossing story, it's all about the hot tank on tank action. Above all else, this game is quite fun, especially if you're a World War II fan or tank fan, like I am.

The combat can be swift, tactically

The combat can be swift, tactically challenging and all around a blast to play. There's a wide variety of tank types to play, from the Leichtraktor (loltraktor), MS-1 and T1 Cunningham, to the awe inspiring, 200 ton Maus, the swift and deadly IS-7, the devestating T30, and almost everything in between.

The game features fairly realistic hit location specific damage. Shoot one in the engine, and the enemy tank might catch fire, burning to death. Shoot his gun and you can destroy his accuracy. Shoot his treads to knock them off and immobilize him for a bit, so your team can finish him off. It does have it's flaws, and I'll discuss those:

1) It ain't free. I have yet to play a pay for free game that was actually free, and this is no exception. As long as you're willing to pony up a few dollars to help get you started though, it will likely be worth it.

2) Russian bias. Many of the Soviet tanks are overpowered for what seems like no good reason. It's an ongoing hot topic of discussion on the forums how the developers will nerf an American/German tank sighting "balance" reasons, while buffing an already overpowered Soviet tank like the IS-4 for "historical accuracy". A great example is the Su-85 tier 5 tank destroyer. Fully upgraded, it's capable of performing better than the Jagdpanzer German tank destroyer which is a tier above it. Another example is the KV. Easily upgraded, a decent KV driver can decimate an entire team by himself. Another example is the IS vs. the Tiger. The Tiger, the most powerful tank of its era, is little more than a paperweight until fully upgraded, while the IS is a solid tank almost from the first moment you get it. The list goes on.

3) Platoons. You have to pay gold (purchased with real money) to have a premium account, and only then can you form a platoon to play with up to 2 friends. This one issue almost made me not want to play anymore. In order to play a multiplayer game with my multiplayer friends, I have to pay real money? You're kidding, right? Well, I decided I liked the game enough to try it out for a month... and here I've paid for another month of premium. This is still the biggest issue in my mind, not being able to play with the friends you make in the game seems really silly. I can see how it could cause the game community to lack cohesion and longevity over time.

4) SPGs or self propelled guns. They suck the fun right out of the game. They're capable of 1-shotting tanks even 2 tiers higher than them from across the map, and they amount to little more than a griefer mechanic. They are a good idea, but are in need of some balancing or some game mechanics retooling. If you're in a good tank brawl, blasting away at the enemy, and taking hits from them, take a deep breath, because your good fun is always just 1 SPG shot away from being ruined. Most battles quickly devolve into hiding from the SPGs more than dealing with the enemy tanks, which slows down the game tempo, destroying the flow of the game and turning it into a campfest rather than a tank vs. tank slugfest.

There are many battles I've had that have overcome the SPG issues, often times by having our SPGs take theirs out early on, our light tank scouts take them out, or the other team simply not spawning with very many SPGs (or even 0!) and these fights that occur SPG-free are almost always fun and rewarding.

The gameplay is quite fun. Tanks hide in cover behind buildings, conceal themselves in bushes, rush in wolfpacks, flank their opponents in pincer attacks, and various other maneuvers to gain the upper hand. Almost every tank has a different playstyle to learn and use effectively. Played well, even a low tier tank can have a devastating impression on the enemy. Played poorly, your high tier tanks will effectively sabotage their own team by denying them an essential element of the team's composition. Player skill accounts for as much of the effectiveness of their tank as the tank crew and equipment they have on it. Reveling in the challenge of learning the intricacies of these tanks and playing them to their fullest is what has kept me playing this game for the past couple of months, and I don't intend to stop.

World of Tanks is by no means perfect, but the developers have designed a good mixture of arcade action and WWII tank simulation that I think most WWII tank fans would find enjoyable. It's certainly worth the download, since it's free.
  19. Jun 3, 2011
    This is one of the most greedy "Free to play" games around. It's free if you wish to grind for 3 months to get to tier 8 tanks. I did in open beta, it's really boring. In the release, it's very EASY to spend 100$ a month on this game or more. The game recently introduced 2 tanks that are ~40$ each, and are ridiculously overpowered. So you either get those tanks to compete OR buy premiumThis is one of the most greedy "Free to play" games around. It's free if you wish to grind for 3 months to get to tier 8 tanks. I did in open beta, it's really boring. In the release, it's very EASY to spend 100$ a month on this game or more. The game recently introduced 2 tanks that are ~40$ each, and are ridiculously overpowered. So you either get those tanks to compete OR buy premium ammo to shoot at them at 2-4 cents per shot. Even those shots still bounce half the time. In terms of fun, the game has good moments, but those are rare. Most of the matches are predictable and newer players would have a terrible time playing low level tanks matched against 6+ month veteran ace tanks. Can you say R.A.P.E? This is what this game would feel to you, unless you spend a ton of money and buy premium account and one of the 40$ premium tanks.... Expand
  20. Aug 5, 2013
    Grindfest of the worse possible kinds 80% of your time in game you just stare at your tink parked somewhere or broken in garge. Its not a bad game but completely lacks fun factor for free accounts because of the stupid grind
  21. Jul 15, 2012
    Game is basically designed to frustrate you into spending money. Full of stupid mechanics (yes, I know how they work and why are they like that. 55% win rate with 1300~ rating out of 2000 games) like spotting that makes very little sense or massively overpowering artillery that basically decides every high-tier game with ability to one-shot a tank into uselessness by killing off 2-4 crewGame is basically designed to frustrate you into spending money. Full of stupid mechanics (yes, I know how they work and why are they like that. 55% win rate with 1300~ rating out of 2000 games) like spotting that makes very little sense or massively overpowering artillery that basically decides every high-tier game with ability to one-shot a tank into uselessness by killing off 2-4 crew members and knocking down 1-3 modules per shot. Sure, you can take maybe 3-5 of the shots, but even one near miss drops your combat effectiveness by over 50% easily. Everything is priced very high and if you want to spend real life money you won't get much bang for your buck. Single tank costs 30-40 euros. Imagine, a single tank in a game with hundreds of them. See Tribes Ascend for F2P done correctly. Expand
  22. Apr 26, 2014
    I have played a number of online shooters and this is the most frustrating one of all and not a game that I will persist with any longer, despite the promise. I have tried to make this game work for over a year and 7000 matches, with a reasonable 52.2% win rate and WN7 and WN8 ratings of 'good' and tanks at all tiers and classes demonstrating that I can play this game with some competenceI have played a number of online shooters and this is the most frustrating one of all and not a game that I will persist with any longer, despite the promise. I have tried to make this game work for over a year and 7000 matches, with a reasonable 52.2% win rate and WN7 and WN8 ratings of 'good' and tanks at all tiers and classes demonstrating that I can play this game with some competence (you will see the need to make this claim below, this being a game where stats seem to matter a lot, sadly). There are times when this game is amazing, but they are overshadowed by the frustration of this game. The game is seriously flawed in a number of ways, making it difficult to consistently enjoy this, most enjoyment deriving from taking advantage of other's mistakes and most defeats being a result of skill/own mistakes plus game mechanics, chance and the complex nature of the game leading to an element of ineptitude from many players. The game relies on significant teamwork but the game mechanics and in particular the lack of any reasonable tutorial severely limit team-work. The deliberate element of chance built into the game ref damage per shot, penetration etc and the complicated nature of differing hit zones further frustrate. Add to this the fact that despite claims to the contrary, the ability to pay for better penetrating shells, permanent camo, equipment that assists accuracy/reload etc means there is an element of play to win. Add to all of this a quite nasty community in-game and on the forums, assisted by an amusingly elitist group of modders creating XVM, WN and the like that show all of your stats in-game, leading to less able players being insulted or told that they have lost the game for the team before it starts and you have something not worth playing. The tank genre needs someone else to come along and top this, learning from what went right and the many things that are wrong. Expand
  23. Jul 8, 2015
    Ppl that dont say its pay2win proberbly still play att tier up to 4-5 then its starts to cost if u want to stay ahead.
    Tanks are very unbalanced and they have no feel for history or to balance.
    Tanks are very unbalanced and they have no feel for history or to balance.
    Played since beta and still its fun to spend som days but I always get tired of the bad balance and p2w so I stop and dont play for some time and then go for a couple of matches again and that work for me.
  24. Mar 21, 2015
    Game runs on very old and outdatted engine - Big World Engine, which utilizes ONLY ONE core of your cpu.. Besides that it is Russian propaganda game - every soviet tank outperforms other nations vehicles.
    Examples: Why would you play with Churchill ! if you can play KV1, which is near unpenetrable and has better gun that has jacked up stats? Or why would you play AMX AC 1946 if you can play SU122-44, which is fast as medium tanks, cannot be penetrated by 75 and 90 mm guns and uses fast firing 122mm cannon?
  25. Dec 17, 2013
    Fun for the first few games, this game is free for a reason, the team balance is completely non existant, you play tier based tanks where half or more of your games are against tanks 2-3 tiers higher than you and despite your best efforts theres nothing you can do when your shots "just bounce right off" (according to your radio man) and higher level players swat you off like flys, do notFun for the first few games, this game is free for a reason, the team balance is completely non existant, you play tier based tanks where half or more of your games are against tanks 2-3 tiers higher than you and despite your best efforts theres nothing you can do when your shots "just bounce right off" (according to your radio man) and higher level players swat you off like flys, do not buy unless you want to spend 100$ on credits for the best vehicles. Expand
  26. Dec 18, 2013
    You will have a great time with this game when you first start out playing for the first time and it will be evenly matched with other players write up until you start trying to work up to tier 3 and 4 tanks. You will then hit the big wall. It will cost tens of thousands of experience points to reach better upgrades but you will only gain marginally compered to higher tier tanks orYou will have a great time with this game when you first start out playing for the first time and it will be evenly matched with other players write up until you start trying to work up to tier 3 and 4 tanks. You will then hit the big wall. It will cost tens of thousands of experience points to reach better upgrades but you will only gain marginally compered to higher tier tanks or premium players 50-100 per match, some times you will only receive that mount just to die several minute into the game. because your weapons cannot hurt the other tanks. Trying to gain experience becomes a real painful grind and the only source of experience points in this game is making a lot of damage to enemy tanks. Every game you play you will be matched up with their so called fair play matchmaker, this is the real cruncher it will suck the fun right out of you and grind you into the ground. The developers are really trying desperately to encourage players to spend lots money by forcing you to fight against higher tier tanks. what ever you do do not buy any premium tanks believe me they are all crap! the only one I personally have that dose make you some cash is the U.S.S.R Churchill 3 tank and that's it do not wast your money. After 6 months worth of game play in battles I have seen it all and have bean in countless games in witch you can't damage anything because you are the smallest tank or the lowest tier tank in the team and you will placed in matches like this no matter haw well you do in other games. You can have up to 5 to ten losses in a row and it will make no difference. You will learn to hate this game for this reason alone. For some people the fun is in the challenge progressing in the game but I think it is just as important to have a fair game balance in a game and where you are placed with other players of the same experience level or have in this case a tank you can at least compete with, for there is no fun in destroying tanks/players that cannot defend them selves fairly and I mean I have played up against tanks 4 to 5 tier less then my tank, so yes it truly only took one shot or just ramming them witch is a more cost efficient way to destroy them in a battle. The game developers will try to tell you in this situation the smaller lighter tanks job will be a spotter tank for the rest of the team witch is well and due but what if the tank you have is just to slow or just way to lightly armed? you will last just last a few minutes in play or as I have seen you will just hide for the hole game just to die in the end anyway or just urn nothing in points wheres the fun in that?
    Well to bring this to a conclusion I,m personally hanging out to see how will step up and take on W.O.T with a tank gaming format with out all the problems.
  27. Mar 26, 2014
    This is a review i hate to write, but it is needed. I first played this game on the Xbox 360. I enjoyed the game to the point of where I decided to download it on the PC as well. I was amazed at the selection of tanks and just all the different things this game has to offer on the PC compared to the console, but sadly, this is where the amazement and excitement ended. I constantly foundThis is a review i hate to write, but it is needed. I first played this game on the Xbox 360. I enjoyed the game to the point of where I decided to download it on the PC as well. I was amazed at the selection of tanks and just all the different things this game has to offer on the PC compared to the console, but sadly, this is where the amazement and excitement ended. I constantly found myself playing against premium members, guys 3-4 levels above what i was, and so on. It doesn't matter if you are rolling in to battle with an upgraded medium tank, tank destroyer, light tank, and so on, if you are not a premium member with upgraded armor, ammunition, (and so on) then you will find yourself frustrated beyond anything has ever made you before. I have played for over an hour, not a single destroy and found myself most of the time on the one hit kill. It doesn't matter if you hide in the bushes and "snipe" or flank their position, if you plan on getting into this game drop quite a bit of cash on it. If you wanted to enjoy a free game with buying some upgrades later, move on. This game is not it. I can't give it a 0 as there is too much that is offered, but i can't give it anything higher than a 3 because of the obvious intention to make a free game not free. I can't knock the positive reviews either but to me, this has been a total let down. Expand
  28. Jul 31, 2014
    you cant advance in the game when people hack to go invisible and get free gold, and they get free experience by hacking too. the honest person is spending hard earned money only to have it dissolved by cheaters and hackers that don't spend a dime, how can you go into battle and fight someone that is invisible and can shoot through walls. you can be sitting in one spot and not see anythingyou cant advance in the game when people hack to go invisible and get free gold, and they get free experience by hacking too. the honest person is spending hard earned money only to have it dissolved by cheaters and hackers that don't spend a dime, how can you go into battle and fight someone that is invisible and can shoot through walls. you can be sitting in one spot and not see anything on the radar , then get blew up by an enemy tank that was sitting beside you and you couldn't see him. its not fair and its dishonest to the ones who pay only to have it taken away by hackers. the designers of this game should take affirmative action against these hackers, and ban them. people like myself that enjoy this game need to group together and try to fix these problems so we can play an honest game. when you go into a real war you cant go invisible. a war is based on strategy and knowledge not cheating. this game could be awesome if it weren't for cheaters. take this from a disabled vet , i should know I've been there. i was a commanding officer of an M1 Abrams. Expand
  29. Feb 17, 2015
    Everything was good about this game - years ago. Since it's birth it almost did not evolved at all despite how much money it generates and they better invest those money in rocket development to kill more people in post USSR countries than put aside a little bit and improve anything. All improvements in the game are associated with nerfs, vehicle removals by replacing with crappyEverything was good about this game - years ago. Since it's birth it almost did not evolved at all despite how much money it generates and they better invest those money in rocket development to kill more people in post USSR countries than put aside a little bit and improve anything. All improvements in the game are associated with nerfs, vehicle removals by replacing with crappy counterparts, making sales by forcing down the throat useless overpriced vehicles (if you are willing to pay for it 20-80£ - for one, ONE vehicle with bunch of crap with it just to boost its price).

Game itself is infinite grinding. You grind for a tank, then grind for each of its component because it is unplayable until you have all top components. Then you grind to gather credits to get next parts and tanks. This is basically even more terrible if you are not really good player and then you need premium account to boost your income or premium vehicle as well as then you have 50% bonus to income from both. But driving premium vehicle you waste your time as xp you gather is going not for a tank you want to grind but for that crew you put in it and premium tank. But no worries - you can transfer your xp from premium tank to free for all... for a ridiculous price.

This game seriously has so much bad points that it is hard to scope. Every game sooner or later will be painful and frustrating. Thanks to widely used gold ammo that has a lot better penetration (still not doomsday weapon stuff), skilled players wolfpacking in medium platoons and wrecking all clueless players on the map. What is more terrifying - players. Players are so bad. o so bad and so frustrating to play this game and give your best efforts when half of team MOST of the time are throwing away the game. It is like cleaning beautiful painting on the wall from pigeon crap while pigeons are still crapping during process. Best way would be to shoot all those pigeons or block them from accessing but it is impossible for sole reason - those things give so much money to this game that company values sacrifices common sense over more £$.

Do not play this game if you are looking for something fun in a long run. There are thousands, THOUSANDS of better games worthy your money and time. It is addictive game. Jut like any other shooter. This game is no strategy game. All strategy involves going to he same parts of the map doing the same and fighting against outdated mechanics.

Game engine is outdated;
    Game mechanics are stupid (tank is invisible 100m away from you in open space if it has good camo skill);
    Players are like a zombies - kids, drunk people or just clueless;
    Game suffers from constant running bots;
    WarGaming does not care about improving;
    Same few maps for over 5 years;
    They balance game by making tanks unplayable or cutting off everything it was fun about it;
    It is addictive as hell even if it is frustrating as hell.

Just... go for Armored Warfare game or something...
  30. Aug 20, 2014
    The more I played, the worse it feels. Also with many of its newer versions, WOT becomes worse. After spending tons of time & money in it, I deleted the whole thing together with my account.

It's getting worse, not because the developers are stupid, but they're too smart - they simply try to get more $ out of players' pocket, & don't care the rest. Some of the worst problems I can't stand: 1. It keeps on pushing out new s/w versions, which one has to upload or won't be able to play. In these new versions, many times some of the most fun tanks got nerfed, i.e. not playable any more. So you have to spend more $ & time to buy premium tanks & train crews. 2. Premium tanks get too much advantage over other players. Not fair. 3. Some of the players are just a_holes, AFK the whole game, or so stupid. But the game won't do anything about it. There are "reports" that one can file during the game. But it's totally useless. Also, the game gives one the ability to add another player on a personal black list. But that list is so short that it's a joke. Any way, now I have much better things to do than playing the stupid WOT.
  31. Feb 23, 2015
    Lots of potential but it is hampered by a terrible matchmaking system. Scores are usually one sided and determined in the first 2 minutes of play. Sometimes you have to quit playing because the losses are so frequent .
    They just nerfed their tank destroyer portion of the game to further unbalance the game.
    Count on paying for premium time/items if you want to progress at more than a
    Count on paying for premium time/items if you want to progress at more than a crawl at higher levels.
    For free it is an OK game .
  32. Jul 25, 2015
    What could been the best free-to-play title in 2010 is ruined by micro-transaction the game fell such a chore to play if you are oing to free-to-play route in the begining you will always feel a unbalanced gameplay cause guess what devs got too greedy and wanted to balance the top tier tanks so pay2win guys can enjoy while low free-to-play guys are left in the dust now the game is ok butWhat could been the best free-to-play title in 2010 is ruined by micro-transaction the game fell such a chore to play if you are oing to free-to-play route in the begining you will always feel a unbalanced gameplay cause guess what devs got too greedy and wanted to balance the top tier tanks so pay2win guys can enjoy while low free-to-play guys are left in the dust now the game is ok but unfortunetly the game fall short there is no gamemods just capture the enemy base or total annahilation the game is bad in my opinion yes it fun in begibig for like an hour but there is so many premium vehicles that will milk you dry. It sad i liked this game but you know play warthunder its way more balanced you can bring multipale vehicles aircraft and ship that yet are to come go play warthunder its way more enjoyable expiriance and you dont have to download 3 games. Expand
  33. Aug 29, 2015
    ставлю 3 за роботу варгейминга в етой игре ничего не меняется хавок уже ждем 3-4 года разрабы ничего не делают в игре есть баги их не много но они есть ве дальше мне об етой игре писать лень...
  34. Oct 5, 2015
    FPS is unstably low, no balance, game is now user friendly, and of course the artillery - the class that you don't want in this game since you've played first battle on 2nd level
  35. Feb 26, 2016
    The game has some very annoying aspects. The artillery can snipe you from the other side of the map.
    That self isn't very annoying, but you can't even see them or even see where the shots come from.
    Light tanks are a joke, they are easily crushed by heavy tanks. the game isn't competitive at all. Even the pros have a win rate of 60%. That is because war-gaming doesn't let noobs lose
    Even the pros have a win rate of 60%. That is because war-gaming doesn't let noobs lose every time and pros winning all the time. The outcome of the battle was already deiced by war-gaming. So good luck with that.

But the worst of all..
    The grinding, the community and the moderatores.

My rating: a 3
  36. Jan 29, 2017
    OK, so I started playing in 2012, and I have developed a love-hate relationship with the game. When I started playing, I loved it, but as the patches kept rolling, the evidence of Russian Bias with the Russian tanks and their Stalinium armor, the Chinese with their Maoium-5 plating, and the Japanese Heavy Tanks and their Tojosten Armor and Hirohitoium tipped Shells, makes the gameOK, so I started playing in 2012, and I have developed a love-hate relationship with the game. When I started playing, I loved it, but as the patches kept rolling, the evidence of Russian Bias with the Russian tanks and their Stalinium armor, the Chinese with their Maoium-5 plating, and the Japanese Heavy Tanks and their Tojosten Armor and Hirohitoium tipped Shells, makes the game practically unplayable. On top of that this game has turned into a Pay-To-Win game where the only way for you to win is for you to pay through the nose to get the best tanks. And with the addition of the Swedish Tank line, high tier fights are determined by how many Swedish tanks you have on your side. Five years ago, I would have recommended this game to everyone and anyone, but now, I won't even speak it's name without spitting on the ground. Expand
  37. Jun 5, 2017
    If I could back in time and stop myself of entering the game...

I've lost 4 years playing this game: 2 months of real life, almost 400 dollars of summary ingame payments and in return i've got only each day rages, fat ass and miserable life of typical russian redneck. This game is a fckng drug. U loose time, playing more and more, thinking of having a good battle next time, U can't
    If I could back in time and stop myself of entering the game...

This game is a fckng drug. U loose time, playing more and more, thinking of having a good battle next time, U can't stop having even 5-10 defeats in sequence . But the only truth about this game is that u'll never achieve anything usefull at it.

Last month I'm spending almost 4-5 hours a day playing. I've got premium tanks, good statistics and lots of ingame friends, but in real life I don't even have a job, I've got nothing.

This game is like a nowadays sort of gambling, it's a disease, and it's especially dangerous if u're weak-willed man.

+/- 25% scatter on armor-piercing
    Kisliy's patent allowing bad players to win and good pl. to lose
    Very slow gameplay
    And even knowing all the disadvantages of the game I still can't stop.

Incredible popularity of the game in CIS region caused by corrupt gaming press which didn't publish any statement about Kisliy's patent meaning that at the game nothing depends on a player and his skill. Also it's caused by russian people' mentality to tolerate treating to themself like a sh*t – thats how WG works with it's audience.

Nowadays I dont have any serious purpose in life, continuing playing tanks, eating, watching videos about tanks on youtube and being sh*t, don't repeat my mistakes.
  38. May 7, 2013
    World of Tanks is a game based entirely on an RNG (Random Number Generator). Any veteran of the game will tell you, that basically, nothing matters. Every single aspect of the game boils down to the RNG and the vague boundaries that are defined in its algorithms. No-one knows exactly how it works, but what is known is that you have as good a chance at succeeding at one thing, as you doWorld of Tanks is a game based entirely on an RNG (Random Number Generator). Any veteran of the game will tell you, that basically, nothing matters. Every single aspect of the game boils down to the RNG and the vague boundaries that are defined in its algorithms. No-one knows exactly how it works, but what is known is that you have as good a chance at succeeding at one thing, as you do failing at it. The in game numbers listed on the weapons and tanks are almost completely irrelevant, because the actually mathematics used to determine armor penetration and damage are so convoluted and apparently outside the bounds of what is listed or logical, that its meaningless.

Wold of Tanks is a game designed to completely remove player input, decision making, and "skill" with the use of the RNG to determine everything from whether you can hit your target, to whether you can even SEE your target, and its built around a game that gives the illusion of actual action based, skill oriented gameplay. The intent of the game is to allow everyone to be able to succeed, regardless of skill level or investment. In this way, it gets significant props and can never be accused of being "pay to win" because everyone is at the mercy of the RNG and its modifiers.

The game also can manipulate individual player accounts to keep them within a certain "success metric" in order to make you want to keep playing, and keep folks from getting frustrated. Its not known the exact number, but it seems as though the sweet spot is somewhere between 48-51. That is, the game will manipulate your ingame performance behind the scenes (by performance i mean your chance to penetrate/be penetrated, damage, etc) to keep your win rate somewhere between 48% 51%. If you get above around 52.25% win rate a modifier of varying intensity gets put on your account that causes your shots to penetrate less often, and your armor to be more susceptible to penetration and damage, until your win rate drops back down to the target global ratio. The games matchmaker works brilliantly in that it lumps people together who are above or below the curve, and places them against folks at appropriate levels to balance out the regional server winrate. IE, the people on your team are most likely all either doing too poorly, or too well, and are being placed against a team that they are highly likely to either win or lose against, thus bringing both groups of players up or down in winrate as necessary to keep the golden 48-51 ratio. Its quiet an impressive algorithm, but it completely removes the competitive aspect of the game and renders everything you do meaningless. It is of course possible to go above or below the global ratio, if you are just absolutely deliberately trying to do badly or have a really good group of friends you play with that are capable of overcoming the account modifiers (this is hard to do, the game limits groups of friends called "companies" to 3 per match. each match is 15vs15 so its very, very hard for 3 people no matter how skilled to change the outcome, although its very possible if your company is skilled and coordinated).

However, rarely, you will get a match that is balanced with the Matchmaker algorithm not trying to promote or demote anyone. When this happens the game really shines, and its a shame that the game is built around the model that it is, because the game can be very fun. Unfortunately everything is designed to be very comfortable and to prevent anyone from either falling too far behind or getting too far ahead, in order to encourage spending money on the in-game real world items and "premium time" (which increases your rate of experience gain for leveling up tanks). It is obviously a very successful system, as the game has done extremely well, but after playing awhile it becomes utterly soul-less and unsatisfying and only the absolute die-hards or the folks that have spent vast amounts of real world currency hang around beyond the tier 5 or 6 vehicles (out of possible 10 tiers).
  39. May 1, 2011
    Game may be fun at first when you build up your hangar up to lvl 4 tanks, but then it gets absolutely tedious and imbalanced, with soviet models ruling the battlefield. To play past lvl 7 tanks you must donate. The most disappointing downside is that this game has only one game mode - 15v15 random deathmatch on a dozen of maps. And trust me - it gets old very very soon. And the mostGame may be fun at first when you build up your hangar up to lvl 4 tanks, but then it gets absolutely tedious and imbalanced, with soviet models ruling the battlefield. To play past lvl 7 tanks you must donate. The most disappointing downside is that this game has only one game mode - 15v15 random deathmatch on a dozen of maps. And trust me - it gets old very very soon. And the most frustrating bug is when you cant see an artillery piece hiding in the bushes 15 meters away from you.

All those people giving it 10s - probably just played for fun for a couple of hours. You will really hate it after a month or two.
  40. May 30, 2011
    Poorly balanced, full of bugs, devs dont listen, endless grind, its a free game that ends upp costing alot of you want to get to the end game. Devs should really sort out some of the glaring issues with sight system, ghost shoots etc before they bother implementing more tanks for real money.
  41. Aug 24, 2017
    It can be fun at times, but this game does have a few rather large problems. The grind towards the next tank tier, and later on equipment is soul destroying. It's artificially inflated to push you into buying a premium membership. The last two tiers are so costly both to earn and run that unless you're the tanking equivalent of Dirty Harry, you'll be forced to play the lower tiers just toIt can be fun at times, but this game does have a few rather large problems. The grind towards the next tank tier, and later on equipment is soul destroying. It's artificially inflated to push you into buying a premium membership. The last two tiers are so costly both to earn and run that unless you're the tanking equivalent of Dirty Harry, you'll be forced to play the lower tiers just to earn silver. That is, of course, if you don't pay for premium.

What really ruined it for me though were Wargaming's policies towards players. If you play on the EU servers, you're getting a much worse shake of things than the NA servers. I'm not sure about the Asian or RU servers. Also, the customer service is dreadful. If you need to contact them for anything to do with your account, prepare to be disappointed.

Do yourself a favour, find another game to sink your time into.
  42. Aug 16, 2013
    For a start, lets say that i played about 4000 battles, 3 months and last one was on premium. (10 eur for month). In a last couple of years i never experienced game that offers you so much frustration and anger and gives nothing in return.

Gameplay Mechanics You have one option only Random matches. 15 on 15 players, capture the flag or kill all enemy tanks. By killing or damaging tanks you get experience and credits. By winning match, you have bonuses on those assets. By paying premium you get those bonuses plus additional 50% more.
    With experience you can unlock new tanks or additional parts on existing tanks tracks, engine, turret, barrel etc..
    With credits you can buy unlocked parts and you can also buy new tanks, ammo, cover the repairs, buy modules like camo net, vents, binoculars, crew training etc..
    There are 10 tiers (levels) available, each one with stronger tanks than previous one. By playing matches and collecting experience you grind your way for unlocking new tanks and parts all to the final 10 level. Its very simple. In theory it should be fun. But it isn't.

Grind I have read most of comments here and i have to agree that after 4-5 tier all the fun is gone. Grind becomes abnormally long, your tanks move with 20 km/h, possessing calibres that cant damage anything and you will spend 100+ games of terrible grind fiesta just to unlock new tracks so you can grind more 100+ games for new engine, then turret, then barrel, then radio. etc..... After that you need additional 1000+ games for unlocking new tank, then again tracks, engine, turret, radio... All Stock tanks are horrible and without agonizing grind you will die in first 30 seconds, ending with 100 exp....

F2P Even if you like grind part, after tier 6, you have to pay for it. In that moment F2P falls apart and you will start noticing that something is heavily wrong with this game. As i said, after each battle you gain certain amount of credits and experience and with credits you have to pay for repairs and ammo or you cant drive that tank any more. Bad news is that tanks above level 6 don't earn much credits so they cant cover their own expenses. You have to pay for premium and gain that additional 50% of credits. I did even this, thinking that this maybe cause for lack of fun that i encountered after tier 4.

Historical part As huge WW2 armour fan i thought that they will at least cover basics. Level of disappointment in Historical view added just another level of hate and frustration from my perspective. Developer is Belarusian. All Russian tanks are op to the level that is laughable. German tanks are crap. Tiger is terrible tank with paper armour. Panther is one of the worst medium tanks in the game. 88 mm calibre is like a needle in this game. These are the facts. Russian bias is more than present and with recent Stalin add-on its more than obvious that this game spreads propaganda like plague.

Matchmaking I could easily forget about everything above Painful grind, F2P (10 Euro pre month for premium) and deformed Russian History if they didn't implemented this agonizing MM. That's something that you have to experience. People that played this game at least level 7-8 will know what im taking about. Whatever tank you are using, you are at the bottom of your team in 90% of games. If that's not enough, MM will throw you in matches with +4 tier tanks. So, if you are playing with tier 4 or 5 tank, MM will put you into tier 8-9 games. For those that didn't play this abomination, playing with Tiger or Panther you will face tanks from post war period 1950-1960. Its same as playing counter-strike limited to knife only.

I wont even write about bugs, Wargaming policies, obsolete graphics, broken beta engine etc... cause a lot of people here covered that part in details. I posted my reasons to quit this game after 3 months and 4000 battles. I found out that there is no reason to pay Arrogant Russian developer for broken game that can provide me only frustration and Stalin propaganda. Having fun in one out of 50 matches is just not enough.

Avoid this game.
  43. May 17, 2012
    Slow paced, unskilled, and worst of all just plain boring game play. The balance and matchmaking in the game is way off as well. The entire game has a decent core concept but they need to go back to the drawing board. They need to make the game feel more like a game and less of a driving in a parking lot simulation. The also need to find some way to encourage more team work and tankSlow paced, unskilled, and worst of all just plain boring game play. The balance and matchmaking in the game is way off as well. The entire game has a decent core concept but they need to go back to the drawing board. They need to make the game feel more like a game and less of a driving in a parking lot simulation. The also need to find some way to encourage more team work and tank slection stratagy rather than putting everyone in a generic mold team. Expand
  44. May 5, 2014
    World of Tanks is a free-to-play, online PC arcade tank game featuring tanks and fabricated tanks from World War II. It has a good array of tanks to play. The game offers good customer service and average graphics. Poor match-making is a major weakness. There is high emphasis on rankings/stats. The community seems largely unhappy and unfriendly. The game has perhaps the most dyfunctional,World of Tanks is a free-to-play, online PC arcade tank game featuring tanks and fabricated tanks from World War II. It has a good array of tanks to play. The game offers good customer service and average graphics. Poor match-making is a major weakness. There is high emphasis on rankings/stats. The community seems largely unhappy and unfriendly. The game has perhaps the most dyfunctional, impolite and angry game community I've ever encountered. Perhaps it is because of the excessive emphasis on PVP competition and the aforementioned match-making issues or the rankings/stats emphasis. Suspicious win or loss streaks may appear to be a manipulation of match outcomes. This too may be a cause of the unhappiness of many players. To the game's credit there is good avoidance of "pay-to-win" aspects but at the same time the game includes big grinds that promote the "need" to pay. While it is not a simulator immersion is hurt by some strange game system mechanics that make identifying "cause and effect" difficult. But then, as stated, it is arcade. Presently World of Tanks is the only modern PC WWII tank game available which accounts for some of its appeal. However, it is not a good gaming experience overall. Expand
  45. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pros:
    -Anti-map/wall/ESP hack feature. The server determines who can see you and who you can see so hackers cannot shoot undetected tanks. They can still shoot randomly or take an estimated shoot though.
    -Lots of tanks.
    -Multiple nations.
    -Lots of equipment for each tank.
    -Team balance algorithm that gives you a variety of tank lineups per battle.
    -Battlefields are full of objects.
    -You can now ride down cliffs.
    -Sophisticated game mechanics.
    -World of Tanks allows you to mod the game.

Cons:
    -Very horrible grind. If you are a free player you automatically suffer a -50% credit and experience penalty. Depending on your tank, you may need to fight over 200-400+ battles to get the tank crew to 100%. After that it gets even worse, you need to do an additional 2000-5000+ tank battles to acquire enough experience to fully train the crew.
    -Boring game modes. I would like to see modes such as light tanks vs light tanks only or team death matches were the team who gets x kills first, wins.
    -Crew training>Player skill. The player skill doesn't really get better, instead its the crew's performance that gets better that makes the player look like they are skilled when really the player never really improves.
    -Sight mechanics suck. In this game, wild tank sees you through wall. Wild tank appears in the open field out of nowhere.
    -Physics limitations. There are tanks in the game that actually go faster than 72km/h but the game forces the tanks to cap at 72km/h.
    -Where are all the tanks. If this is really the world of tanks, then where are the modern tanks? Copyright issues?
    -Game balance hurts the historical performance of tanks.
    -Very few maps. Game gets repetitive real fast.
    -In order to get to a tank you want, you have to play some really horrible tanks.
    -Sometimes you get put in battles with tanks that are 7 tiers above you. You have absolutely no chance of surviving.
    -Lacks good music.
    -Lacks foreign language dialogue. All dialogue is spoken in English.
  46. Jan 28, 2013
    I hate to use the term, "Pay to Win" but in this case, it applies.

Riot Games' League of Legends is Free to Play as well, but that game can be competitively played without spending a dime and I don't understand why more developers don't follow their model. After all, it's highly successful. I don't mind supporting developers, but the nature in which you present your product has to
    I hate to use the term, "Pay to Win" but in this case, it applies.

I don't mind supporting developers, but the nature in which you present your product has to be honest. WoT is not honest in it's implementation. "Elite Tanks", which require real money to buy, are vastly superior to the free to play versions, therefore providing players the option to Pay to Win.

Call your game what it is, a Demo, and don't insult the intelligence of your player base. This game is monotonous and boring if you're not buying "Experience Boosts" or "Elite Tanks."

game /gām/
    Noun
    A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Paying cash to buy the best is not skill, strength, or luck. Go buy Battle Field 3.
  47. Jan 31, 2014
    I will rate this game 2 out of 10 For only the decisions of the company and their glorification of the most crimminal scam of history joseph stalin, ANDDDD of course the players on eu servers.....So the company after smoking their crack or whatever they decided to bring some optional names of stalin so you can buy them and put the in your tank like (For joseph stalin!) and more, andI will rate this game 2 out of 10 For only the decisions of the company and their glorification of the most crimminal scam of history joseph stalin, ANDDDD of course the players on eu servers.....So the company after smoking their crack or whatever they decided to bring some optional names of stalin so you can buy them and put the in your tank like (For joseph stalin!) and more, and WG.net had the nerve to say *it's historically accurate* well some german tanks had some messages written in their tanks like (Heil hitler! or the swastigka) and WG doesn't put those as well and they describe stalin as a hero against the fascism. Now the players....they players are little kids or fat grown mans you don't know english and are complete as*holes. The gameplay is fun and the tanks are very well design but the balance and pay to win system ruins some parts and the irony is that the wg are russians and on purpose they made russians tanks overpowered and the germans the weaker of all. The history accuracy here is complete f*cked up cause german tanks were the most superior of them all. Expand
  48. Dec 21, 2013
    It is fun for a little while, but eventually the flaws in this game and the greed of Wargaming.net become glaringly obvious.

-Ridiculous amounts of grinding. Grind for tanks, grind for modules to upgrade your tanks. Even if you cough up the ~$15 a month to keep a premium account going for the xp/credit bonus, the grind becomes very monotonous after a while. -Wargaming.net takes

-Wargaming.net takes every available opportunity to nickel and dime you. I get the F2P model, but I have never played a game where it was so blatantly obvious I was being hustled. Pay for premium account, pay for better ammo, pay for tanks, pay for trained crew, pay to transfer trained crew to different tank, pay for consumables, pay to dismount dismount equipment from old tanks (when you already paid hundreds of thousands of credits to get the equipment in the first place).

-Pay to win. If you expect to do well, you need the good ammo, a fully trained crew, all of your tank modules upgraded, good consumables. All of which is available for real money.

-More based off RNG than skill: Your shots will simply fly off into bum**** Egypt sometimes and there's not a thing in the world you can do about it. Sometimes it's simply annoying, sometimes its extremely frustrating when you have somebody dead-to-rights, with a perfect shot at a weak spot and your shot flies off into the weeds somewhere and then the tank kills you.

-Graphics unappealing: Everything is kind of cartoon looking. Poor detail on the tanks. Terrain is nothing special. Tank deaths are extremely disappointing. All dead tanks look about the same, there are no epic explosions or turrets flying off when a tank dies, it just stops moving and sits there.

-Sound is very unappealing: Tank engines do not sound impressive, guns sounds are weak, and your crew spends the match repeating the same handful of lines to you.

-Historical accuracy has really gone out the window in the name of profit. I find US tanks teamed up with Nazi tanks fighting British tanks and French tanks in some village in China to be ridiculous.

Overall I would say do not waste your time with this game. There are much better F2P competitive games on the market which are much more tactful about acquiring your money. I give 2 stars because its a functioning game and interesting for a while.
  49. Mar 13, 2014
    First of all it very hard to imagine **** such as world of tanks. I want to say only two words about this **** **** - TANKI GAVNO. In conclusion I must say - I'm gay.
  50. May 24, 2014
    That game is a good game, the problem are the players...
    There are too many nooobs playing that game nit knowing what the word tactic means....
    Very sad!!!
  51. Aug 4, 2014
    fun to play for a bit until about tier 5 (out of 10/11/12 depending on the type of tank) after that unless you pay your going no where fast as the XP and money gain doesn't increase as you level up like every good game does I.e. it does what a pay to play is expected to do; it gets you hooked then makes it impossible to carry on and have fun without forking out.
  52. Aug 23, 2014
    Review Vaild For World of Tanks version 9.3

Reviewer time spent in game: 10200 battles. Background:- World of Tanks was the first tank based arcade style shooter game of it's type produced and developed by Belarusian Game developers War Gaming. World of tanks focuses on tank warfare from 1925 to early Cold War period. Review:- Let me first start with the positives about
    Review Vaild For World of Tanks version 9.3

Reviewer time spent in game: 10200 battles.

Background:-

Review:-

Let me first start with the positives about World of Tanks (WOT). The game has huge variety of historic and prototype light, medium & heavy tanks as well as SPG's, TD's. all these tanks are customizable to varying extents. further more extra equipment can be mounted to tip your tanks to the players preferred play style. The majority of tank mdeols can be obtained through grinding. there are also usually regular updates every 1.5 months.

I'm afraid as i sit here scratching my head these are the only good points i can think of for this game...

So onto the disappointing aspects of the game of which there are many so I shall bullet point but elaborate where I feel necessary.

~ Very old game engine. WoT uses the Big World game engine which was developed 1999. Yes that's right WoT is using a game engine that is nearly 15 years old (all be it heavily modified).

This is WOT main problem and many of my point will come back to this. There is only so much you can flog an exhausted horse and teach it new tricks. Even a small amount of time spent in the game will make it apparent the cracks are really starting to appear as this old game engine struggles to manage everything it is being asked to do. Havok physics engine will be put into the game soon however this will be equivilent of giving a nackered car a paint job.

~ Poor optimization. This is strongly linked with the above point. WoT is only optimized to utilize one CPU. Also with the game engine being so old it doesn't produce graphics as efficiently as newer engines do.

~Premium/Gold/P2W Ammo. In WoT you have the option to buy ammo that gives the player a significant boost in armour penetration and can be obtained for Premium gold currency or a large amount of in-game credits.

The only option a player has to consistently be able to use this ammo is to buy it with gold or buy a premium account so they get a credit boost to be able to afford it. A regular F2P player would never be able to use this for long without going broke. In my book this constitutes giving a player a large advantage over another and is only really a viable option for players willing to spend real money which adds the element of P2W to WoT

~Poor Matchmaking. The MM can and regularly will put players against much superior vehicles .This is linked to premium ammo as War Gaming know if player are matched these vehicles they can either 1. be cannon fodder and die or 2.buy premium ammo so the player at least has a small chance. This inevitable leads to a lot of player furstartion at being effecivly pointless in a match.

~Corridor maps and generally poor map design due to poor game mechanics as explained below. Maps have recently been scrubbed of most of their vegetation leading to very boring uninterrupted bare solid 3D free formed maps. Its a shame WG are so scared of opening up to the community as there are some incredible map designers out there, But from posts ive seen WG are worried they will in some way lose out financially by letting the community contribute to the game.

~Poor game mechanics and Random Number Generator. Again this is linked with an old out of date game engine that physically cannot achieve what players and developers want to do resulting in tanks being invisible in open fields, large calibre guns bouncing off paper thing armour, supposedly inaccurate guns having laser precisions and accurate guns being the opposite.

~ Lack of tutorial. WoT from some reason has the largest base of inept players I have ever seen in an MMO. I personally don't think is game is difficult to grasp, even the poor game mechanics which are all nicely explained in videos and on the WoT wiki. However it is clear a much more in-depth tutorial is needed inside the game.

~ Lacking graphics. Yet again this is due to old game engine and optimization. Although I don't think a game requires state of the art graphics to be good. For the amount of system power this game requires to run on maximum settings vs the outputted result it is very poor.

~Bots,AFK'ers and hackers/ cheaters. Yes WoT does have them although regardless of what WG says. WG refuse to do anything about Bot and AFK'er as WG maks a large amount of income from them while also keeping sever player count high. There are also a large amount of client side manipulation hacks ... sorry mods as they are called in WoT and its virtually impossible to tell if a player is hacking with the poor game mechanics as they are.

Conclusion WoT WAS a great game, 4 years ago, but is now looking old and outdated with competitors finally appearing I wouldn't recommend investing your time or money grinding in this game.
  53. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like the game in general but it's ALOT of issues still example if you new don't count of being but whit newbies you will probably end up whit the best players in the game and lose.
    The only good I have to say about this is the look nothing more, the looks of the game and the canon fire but other then that this score should be at 0.
    This game is just about grinding.

Ps. if you are like me willing to play for stats and win-rate and so on DON'T play this game.
  54. Jan 16, 2015
    This game is fun to play, if you can ever manage to learn how to play it. Wargaming.net provides absolutely no useful instruction on how to play the game effectively, they teach you how to drive the tanks and shoot a gun but nothing more. They don't teach players any kind of skills that are required to play the game such as situational awareness or tactical analysis skills. And if aThis game is fun to play, if you can ever manage to learn how to play it. Wargaming.net provides absolutely no useful instruction on how to play the game effectively, they teach you how to drive the tanks and shoot a gun but nothing more. They don't teach players any kind of skills that are required to play the game such as situational awareness or tactical analysis skills. And if a player asks for help they are either bombarded by overly specific information that can overwhelm them or completely unhelpful jerks who just skullbash the new player for not learning how to play the game properly. And Wargaming.net only continues to encourage this by running events and adding new things to draw people in which leads to these new people running around without a clue trying to complete the new missions or achieve the bonuses being offered. World of Tanks is becoming little more then a tanks flavored bland run and gun game rather then a unique and fun thoughtful tactical game. Expand
  55. Feb 9, 2015
    The game is very good and fun, But the fact that so many "pay to play-players" have used money to get all there high tier tanks. totally ruins the game. :(
  56. May 26, 2015
    Generally World of Tanks has a good concept. but the better is, that there are other companies who offer this game play. for example Armored Warfare.

the problem with World of Tanks ist the total rigged Matchmaker und RandomNumberGenerator("in my opinion" -that's the opinion everyone will have after some thousand games). and yes this game is not about skill or talent, it's about tanks who have a reliability from -25% to +25% with every shot. would that be a problem? no - if it would be really randomized.
    and that's the point: sometimes the matchmaking wanted you to lose or to win and this will last the whole day/certain games. in these matches you can't "play" the game, you get screwed by a biased RNG. it's not fun.

DON'T PLAY A GAME WHICH FRUSTRATES YOU THIS MUCH.

you will spend money to get rid of the losses, on the other side you will think you are very skillful. but no - its corrupted. so think about how you waste your time.

the second reason to avoid this game is the unfriendly staff and community-support. they build up a forum which has on of the most hateful atmosphere around (and yes internet is not a bunnyfarm). the moderation supports bullying by not observing their friends (the moderation team is recruited from the players)

DON'T PLAY THIS GAME, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT BULLYING

the support even threatens you to delete your account, if you want to discuss the negative aspects of the game. another example is "automatic report system". if enough people report you, you will get a 24h ban. but there's a possibility to encroach the system, so you will get a ban for nothing. if you contact the support absolutely nothing will happened. and here's the aspect of corruption: a moderator (there was an example with "xOlsenx") can disban his own friends via minutes.

in conclusion the concept has earned 5 points, but the fact this game produces so much (determined) frustration World of Tanks will get 3 points. the fact the Staff is ("in my opinion") corrupt, will leave it for 2 points. don't waste time on it - or a least try the alternatives like Armored Warfare or War Thunder
  57. Jul 16, 2015
    Just too damn difficult to be fun without spending cold hard cash and even then still not enjoyable. Definitely not for the casual gamer but almost certainly makes a lot of money for War Gaming.
  58. Mar 23, 2017
    I've played tanks since beta, it used to be quite a fun game, not as polished as it is now but it was certainly a lot more fun back in the earlier years. These days it it a complete mess and is outright pay-to-win, with Wargaming being one of the greediest devs I've ever come across in 20+ years gaming. Even when they run an event to give you something, they still try to screw you and getI've played tanks since beta, it used to be quite a fun game, not as polished as it is now but it was certainly a lot more fun back in the earlier years. These days it it a complete mess and is outright pay-to-win, with Wargaming being one of the greediest devs I've ever come across in 20+ years gaming. Even when they run an event to give you something, they still try to screw you and get some money out of you.
    For example, they ran an event at Christmas 2016 where you could get a full compliment of Swedish female tank crew members, except the crew they gave you would only fit in 3 out of the 20 Swedish tanks unless you paid a bit of cash for the 6th crew member you needed for the other 17 vehicles.
    A similar event is run in March 2017 where you could get a free tank, except half way through the event they ramped up the difficulty to the point of you having to play for 6+ hours per day to win your token for that day, unless of course if you want to pay a little bit of cash for a token instead.
    See what I mean? These are greedy devs that have ruined their game for money over the last few years. Do yourself a favour and avoid this mess.
  59. Aug 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The developers of this game completely ignore the wishes of users. Believing that they know better what you need to play at the same time do not really even play in his own game. Ignoring not only the audience but also vododelov (bloggers) to competitive players. Actually people who ignored him in a sense bring money and popularity.
    The consequence of that is suspected of mental retardation department geymbalansa or their mental health.
    In past issues of game balance, there is another huge problem: the promise. WG Office in Minsk can not promise anything and do not do. But US office WG promised nothing. And he made for 1-1.5 years in the Xbox One that Minsk promises to 5 years for the PC.
    There is no doubt about the mental state of people in the US office WG. So they got rid of the client part of Big World. According to current realities World of Tanks they need to raise a saint.
    It is better than to jump on the rope to play this game.
  60. Dec 26, 2015
    Very unhappy with the support of the company. I've had issues with gear missing and other tankers ramming me or shooting me. They did nothing for either. Had to buy more cammo nets, binos, shell rammers and more. When my premium account runs out they are getting no more cash from me. Screw these bastards.

MrO
  61. Feb 6, 2016
    Potentially a great on-line game utterly ruined by an inept match making system. Your skill, knowledge and expertise mean virtually nothing in terms of wins and losses as almost every match quickly becomes a laughably one-sided event where the winning team doubles or triples the losing team's score.
    If you enjoy 'just riding along' in match after match where the winner is effectively chosen before the first shot is fired...then WoT is just what you've been waiting for.

Things to like...
    Great graphics and game controls.
    Tech trees and equipment upgrades.
    Crew training & perks system.
    Missions, special events and rewards.
    Clan, group and team play.

Things to loathe...
    Months / years of non stop grinding required to achieve high tier equipment (unless you pay for it with $'s)
    Trolls, seal clubbers, team killers, sexually harassing chat, spammers, whiners and ceaseless raging.
    The worst match maker of any on-line game.
    High costs (premium account, gold ammo, upgrades) required to be competitive.

Fatally flawed offering easily bested by several similar games. Not nearly as fun or satisfying as it is expensive and irritating.
  62. May 22, 2016
    арта. ублюдская арта, которая закидывает по 2к+поджог из ниоткуда, а порой в те места, где ее и быть не должно. пока не сделают ее танком-сапортом или не урежут в ебеня, в игру не вернусь.
    думаю такое не всегда было.
  63. Jun 11, 2016
    This game has far more mods (cheats) then any other I have ever played...The problem with this is that the game support staff not only over looks this activity but they promote it...They go so far as to set up the game to accept the outside mods...It is free to play so can not complain too much over the wide use of these cheats...The sites you go to to purchase the cheats are risky atThis game has far more mods (cheats) then any other I have ever played...The problem with this is that the game support staff not only over looks this activity but they promote it...They go so far as to set up the game to accept the outside mods...It is free to play so can not complain too much over the wide use of these cheats...The sites you go to to purchase the cheats are risky at best, almost each one I have ever visited were flagged by my Anti-Virus for one reason or another...Fun game even with all its cheats so if you get past some of the out of game events or if your just one who don't mind cheating then enjoy... Expand
  64. Jul 10, 2017
    World of Tanks could be quite good game and is quite addictive in a way. You have to earn Xp to unlock tanks and modules, like guns, for them. But once you have gotten to a certain point in this unlcoking process you start to see the several flaws in the game and all the time spent starts to seem pointless.

+Good concept, interesting historiacal aspect +Okay graphics, nice to look at

+Good concept, interesting historiacal aspect
    +Okay graphics, nice to look at

-Pay to win, you can buy tanks with REAL-LIFE money that are better than the ones you can unlock by playing the game
    -Several gameplay mechanics that make the actual gameplay frustrating (artillery class, that can kill you with one shot and you never know where the shot even came. Same old maps over and over and they heavily favor certain kinds of vehicles. Premium ammunition that makes you simply a better player. You can buy it with in-game currency you earn by playing the game, but in the end it will be so bad for your game-.economy that you'd have to either fund it with REAL-LIFE money or stop using premium ammunition and give other players the edge.) Just to mention few..
    -Bad(ish) game balance. You have huge selection of tanks you can drive, but in the end you only have few that can be competive.
  65. Feb 4, 2011
    You will have an awesome time with this shooter up until you start trying to work up and over tier 4 tanks. You will hit a big roadblock where things cost tens of thousands of experience points to buy but you only get 50-100 per match because your weapon cannot hurt the other tanks you will be matched up with (which is the main source of experience points in this game, dealing damage toYou will have an awesome time with this shooter up until you start trying to work up and over tier 4 tanks. You will hit a big roadblock where things cost tens of thousands of experience points to buy but you only get 50-100 per match because your weapon cannot hurt the other tanks you will be matched up with (which is the main source of experience points in this game, dealing damage to enemy tanks.) The matchmaker is horrific. My friends and I call this game Rage of Tanks because it is difficult to get through two concurrent matches with swearing out-loud. If you have an awesome time getting mauled to death every match while you slowly build up experience points to buy the next gun upgrade or turret upgrade so that you can buy a gun upgrade to be able to get a better amount of points out of matches then you should have an awesome time playing this game and I highly recommend it. This is the most horrific grind-fest I have ever played, a game only for hardcore masochists. Expand
  66. Apr 16, 2011
    First of all, I am a freak for WW2 tanks, and armor, and because of that, when I heard for this game, I knew I had to play it. I said "No matter how bad it may suck, I am going to like it, because it is ww2 armor". Oh, how wrong was I.
    By the shallowness of the reviews of the people who gave this game high scores, you can tell what kind of people are impressed by this game. Kids. This is a grindfest. It is NOT free. Sure, you can play for free, but only if you are a masochistic freak, and if you want to play XXX battles with a tank, just to get to the new one and start over. Horrible.
    Next, there are no game modes except for random battles. If you pay for free you wont be able to take your friend to battle with you, so that much for multiplay, and fun with friends.
    That said, the balancer that makes these random matches sucks SO BAD, that on the loading screen, where you see the tanks, you already know what team is going to win. There are many OP tanks, idiot noobs that make you lose a game, in game credits, and prolong the already hellish grindfest.

Lastly, I played this from the time of the closed beta stage, back in 2010, and the game is the very same now, in the release version. The version is 0.6.3.10 obviously half of a game. There are supposed to be 3 nations, Germany, USSR and USA. The USA tank destroyer tree is missing, level 8 SPG are missing for all nations. Tons of bugs and imbalances are being reported all over the official forums, no one is doing ANYTHING. Calling this a free MMO is a lie. It is a single player game unless you pay for it. But dont bother. Just lots of frustration and anger here.
  67. May 11, 2011
    At first it's fun but then it's constant struggle and frustration. I played closed beta for 4 months then stopped. Now I started again and after two weeks I must say that it still has many flaws. Sure, it's free but playing without premium account is a pain. Additionally, developers are trying desperately to encourage players to spend some money by forcing you to fight against higher tierAt first it's fun but then it's constant struggle and frustration. I played closed beta for 4 months then stopped. Now I started again and after two weeks I must say that it still has many flaws. Sure, it's free but playing without premium account is a pain. Additionally, developers are trying desperately to encourage players to spend some money by forcing you to fight against higher tier tanks. Believe me, after playing countless battles in which you can't damage anything you will hate this game. Some may say that it's a challenge but I think that fun factor is important and this game lacks it.
    Next con are maps. There are too few of them and some are really badly designed. Another important flaw is imbalance. Some tanks are much better then others of the same tier, eg. infamous Russian T-54. Avoid this game, not fun.
  68. Oct 1, 2011
    Judging this game as a free game is wrong, the basic concept of the game is that you grind your way to the highest tier of each type of tank to help your clan fight for provinces in their tournaments. The only way to get there is by spending money on a premium account since basicly grinding your way to the max tier without it would just take way to long. Now since we know then that this isJudging this game as a free game is wrong, the basic concept of the game is that you grind your way to the highest tier of each type of tank to help your clan fight for provinces in their tournaments. The only way to get there is by spending money on a premium account since basicly grinding your way to the max tier without it would just take way to long. Now since we know then that this is not a free game lets review it accordingly. Gameplay : The gameplay isnt bad, its unique in the current genre with a little bit of a mmo features. However after you spend some time playing the game and grinding your way to the max tier and learning the game you can get very bored of it. To give you a small idea of how boring it might be, to get from the tier 7 to tier 8 artillery which is the highest tier artillery. You will around 330.000 experience, this is not counting the huge amount of experience points you need to get the upgrades on your tier 7. These would take around 150.000. Now since you probably get around 800-1000 experience points on average with a premium account you can then see why its considered a boring grind. The developer. The developer of this game is wargaming , a russian company which is noticed by the unbalanced russian tanks in the game. The developers in this game are basicly one of the worst you can come across, they are clearly nationalist russians which is shown by how they bend historic facts in their events they host. This alone makes me want to give them a 1 for this review, simply claiming that Stalin liberated eastern europe is just unforgiveable. Overall : The game can be fun if you dont play it to much as in 1 time a week, do this and the game can be something to kill time with. However since the game unbalancing is caused by biased developers towards russian armor the game can not become a serious online game. So if you are looking for a serious game you want to play at a high level, go look somewhere else. If you want a game you can download for free and have a few minutes of fun then go ahead and download, just make sure you dont get draged into buying premium accounts and tanks. The score im giving is a 1 as i said basicly out of protest towards the developers. Expand
  69. Apr 15, 2012
    I have been playing since open beta and agree with many of the other low reviews. This game while being genuinly free to play hence i awarded 1 point :) Is quite simply not fun, after playing the same gamemode on simular maps for over 1,000 times this game tires. The ideas as said in other reviews are awesome however just dont translate into a fun game, my main problem is the system forI have been playing since open beta and agree with many of the other low reviews. This game while being genuinly free to play hence i awarded 1 point :) Is quite simply not fun, after playing the same gamemode on simular maps for over 1,000 times this game tires. The ideas as said in other reviews are awesome however just dont translate into a fun game, my main problem is the system for upgrading the tank and the teiring, with for example a Ferdinand, one of the best tank destroyers of world war 2 you come up against tanks from the 1950s and many prototypes and as the starting gun on this tank means u cannot kill tanks ur level it becomes tedious and frustrating, only after about 100 battles can you unlock the best gun and it becomes playable, this is very simular with other tanks also. Matchmaking is also a contrivertial issue as the battles are oftern heavily biased to one team. My second biggest fault after enjoyment is the lack of community, I myself am in a clan and have played clanwars however the developers of the game make little attempt to communicate with players other than tedious events, on the forums the "community team" only post to remove explicit content which I think says alot about their approach to the games community. I much prefer Blizzards approach of atleast getting involved in conversations which helpes players feel more part of the game. There are many ways to make this game great however in my opinion it is likly to be another of those games which could have been awesome which is however destined to be a flop, its lack of penetration itno the European market says its all. Another word of warning is to ignore most of the critic reviews as many are simply fantasy and quite irritating. Sorry if this has dissapointed you, just trying to stop people wasting as much time as I have :) Thanks for reading Expand
  70. Jun 22, 2013
    The worst thing about this game this is how it is made. Graphics "Say hello to the mid-2000th," a terrible sound, outdated special effects and other characteristics of non-professional developers. As far as I know, they're from Belarus, and it explains everything. Over the past three years, it does not develop except the introduction of new tanks, which there is already a lot. The ideaThe worst thing about this game this is how it is made. Graphics "Say hello to the mid-2000th," a terrible sound, outdated special effects and other characteristics of non-professional developers. As far as I know, they're from Belarus, and it explains everything. Over the past three years, it does not develop except the introduction of new tanks, which there is already a lot. The idea of the game is good, and if she was in good hands, it would be a masterpiece. And yet it is better to play something else. Expand
  71. Dec 29, 2012
    After a year of playing world of tanks to the test. I've come to my own conclusions that they are not at all the best. Once you start getting into tier 4 or higher tanks the experience rate dramatically drops and it could take you for ever to get any where. Aside from the high cost of higher tier tanks. Aside from the credits you make after a battle and the cost of repairs and restockingAfter a year of playing world of tanks to the test. I've come to my own conclusions that they are not at all the best. Once you start getting into tier 4 or higher tanks the experience rate dramatically drops and it could take you for ever to get any where. Aside from the high cost of higher tier tanks. Aside from the credits you make after a battle and the cost of repairs and restocking of ammo you practically make next to nothing same as the experience. You could be a good player and really end up getting screwed in free experience or experience alone. After a yr playing i have not been able to get past having a t1 heavy tank and it is not all that good as it would seem. The higher tier you are the more cost it is in repairs and restocking. So really not all the best as i thought it would be. Match making is very horrible and unbalanced. You could have low tier tanks with much higher tier tanks their suppose to scout, but to be honest you are not making credits or experience from this All these other reviews are coming from kids. What would you expect from that? World of tanks is a grind fest, and you really don't have much an mmorpg in this game. you can't even play in the same match with your friends if you wanted to. The matches are not randomly maps as they should be. At most you will get stuck to one or two maps. really boring doing the same maps over and over in a 1 hour period. Expand
  72. Jan 19, 2013
    The game requires the use of gold in order to enjoy. As others have said, things become frustrating, after a while, when you are incapable of playing well against opponents without upgrading.
    Additionally, the price of gold is obscene. It costs $100 dollars for enough gold to obtain a premium account for merely a year. I expect more than than that.
  73. Feb 22, 2013
    This game is great in concept but idiotic in realization. The Devs and artists have done a great job of re-creating these beautiful tank models and bringing them to life. The gameplay is great, if you can get past the other players. The running and gunning is great, if you can avoid the ridiculous RNG system that seems to rob you of credit at least three times a round. The map rotationThis game is great in concept but idiotic in realization. The Devs and artists have done a great job of re-creating these beautiful tank models and bringing them to life. The gameplay is great, if you can get past the other players. The running and gunning is great, if you can avoid the ridiculous RNG system that seems to rob you of credit at least three times a round. The map rotation and match making are completely bogus and should have been just left in the unfair way it was at the start. Before getting into detail let’s talk about the backend/administrative side of things. For some unknown to me or the forums reasons they have changed the team damage criteria. Instead of like it was you can now get team damage AND be reported AND turn blue for having a friendly scout ram you at top speed and kill himself on you. You have not shot anyone, you have not done anything but be a tank at the onset of battle. Out of nowhere a friendly scout rams you and you are reported when you turn blue the next round (because YOU killed someone) and the scout gets exp and credits for having dashed himself against your tank. Seem fair? No, it isn’t. Seem unlikely? Yes, it is. I am writing from a currently banned account for this very reason. The RNG system... heaven help you if you are not in a Russian tank and you are firing on a Russian tank. The Devs have said over and over that there is no favor toward the Russian tanks it being a Russian game ;P. This is not correct. There is favor and it shows in-game. There are countless YouTube videos showing same tier tanks firing on Russian tanks over and over with penetration but no damage. My highest count for this was eleven. Eleven hits against a Russian tank and no damage. The stats on the gun say they can pen the armor you are firing at and the game will register and even say, ‘Penetration!’ but you get no damage scores whatsoever. There have been instances of tier 10 tanks firing on tier five Russian tanks and getting no damage. And if you decide to go with a Premium tank I highly recommend it. The only issues you will have are the scouts ramming you but all the above issues seem to go away with any premium ride. Good luck and have fun. You’ll need it. Expand
  74. Mar 11, 2013
    This game really started to become a good game. However, the vendor has disconnected it's self with it's customers and have turn the game into a totally frustrating Pay-To-Win game! It's promoted as a Free-To-Play game and nothing is further from the truth. Without a premium account the player will reach a point to the game is near unplayable because the developers have slanted the gameThis game really started to become a good game. However, the vendor has disconnected it's self with it's customers and have turn the game into a totally frustrating Pay-To-Win game! It's promoted as a Free-To-Play game and nothing is further from the truth. Without a premium account the player will reach a point to the game is near unplayable because the developers have slanted the game to give those players an unfair advantage. The developer match low level tanks with tank upto 2 levels higher and then make it to where the lower tank can't harm the higher level. Also the developers seem to think it's funny to have most rounds (even ones you have to buy) hit and simply do zero damage. The Vendor has lost the balance between greed and promoting a good balanced game which in turn would make even more. Expand
  75. Jun 6, 2014
    Free to play - Pay2win game, poorly balanced tanks, bad optimized, full of bugs, devs dont listen players, endless grind.
    This is one of the most greedy "Free to play" games around.
    NO THANKS
  76. Oct 20, 2014
    Ok, this will be my second review, after giving an extended second try at this game. To their credit, Wargaming has changed the awful matchmaking that threw tier 4 light tanks against tier 8 heavies. They have also nerfed some tanks heavily ( not any Russian ones though, surprise!). These nerfs are contentious at best, but not the worst thing about the game. To be fair, the worst thingOk, this will be my second review, after giving an extended second try at this game. To their credit, Wargaming has changed the awful matchmaking that threw tier 4 light tanks against tier 8 heavies. They have also nerfed some tanks heavily ( not any Russian ones though, surprise!). These nerfs are contentious at best, but not the worst thing about the game. To be fair, the worst thing about the game is not actually the devs fault - the players are the worst thing about this game. It's like the devs have crafted a mecca for morons, the cognitive abilities of the majority of players is such that you are surprised they manage to cross the road without getting killed.
    There is a lot of tunnel vision, with most players ploughing forward regardless of whether there is a friendly tank in front of them, desperately trying to backtrack to cover after getting hammered. They don't stop going forward, they just don't. Whole flanks are ignored, it's like the left (or right) doesn't exist - how they walk without going round in circles is a matter for science to investigate.
    Teamkilling is frequent, often at the end of the battle when there are no more enemies and you sit back with pride at how you played the round - BOOM!, dead by teammate.
    Others will push you out of your carefully chosen hiding place and into the firing line of the tank you have almost killed and need one more shot on - BOOM!, dead.
    The zombie apocalypse has arrived, and they are all playing World Of Tanks.
    Avoid.
  77. Jun 7, 2014
    Good fictional gameplay, nice selection of tanks, upgrades, decent graphics and sound. The game is ridden with bugs and glitches, which developers don't seem in a hurry to fix. many parts of mechanics are just pure fiction, and some tanks are completely taken out of the historical fiction area.
    But it's not the worst. The community is absolutely bunch of kids. You'll experience nothing but disappointment with strong language comments, blames, and hipocrisy in game and on the forums. The devs made it hard to complain, to keep the player numbers high.
    The matchmaking is bugged as well, you'll be shooting targets which you can't penetrate, not even in their weakest point, yet they can kill you in one shot. Yep, the Tier 10 tanks are so powerful, and all other tiers matched together with them, are just there to keep them happy.
  78. Oct 13, 2013
    At first glance this game offers a lot of fun you go right into battle with one of many tanks WoT has to offer. Later it gets more difficult to climb higher in tiers, especially with a free-to-play account. Training the crew, unlocking modules and gaining credits take awfully long.
    The urge to put money into this game constantly becomes higher, while the problems remain the same: the maps are much too small, the matchmaking is more or less awful (fighting tanks 2 tiers higher is quite common), and there doesn't seem to be a real development in the game itself. The only main improvement since the beta was the implementation of in-game physics, besides that only more and more new tanks raise the level of addiction, thus bringing in more money.
    All in all this is probably the most frustrating game I have ever played!
  79. Feb 2, 2014
    It COULD be a nice game but is unplayable. WoT forums a flooded for months with complains about lags - nothing happens.

If you think you can play real-time FPS with 1sec lag/delay - feel free to try. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/7213-lags-ping-issues-glitchesbugs/ http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/307366-laglatency-related-issues-since-update-88/

If you think you can play real-time FPS with 1sec lag/delay - feel free to try.

And this is just the front page of the issue sub-forum...
  80. May 5, 2014
    The fact is that the game decide already if you will lose or win. That's why you wont see anyone with win% higher than 70. and those who have high % are because they've made clan war. You can load a program and they give you the win stats on the games you will play, and it'a a lot of 30-40% win probability. This game suck because the makers can't put the correct balance on teams
  81. May 7, 2014
    Game play is okay and addicting. Horrible customer support and attitude towards customers. "Support" at WG means they support any ridiculous action by a moderator and refuse to actually help a player. Any criticism towards WG is sanctioned with bans.

For instance, WG recently was blaming a routing issue where players in the U.S. trying to connect to the east coast server located in the D.C. area where being routed through Tokyo. WG tried to blame that on Comcast, yet Comcast had no knowledge of any of this happening and acted like people were crazy for bringing it up. When, during a discussion related to the issue, another player said, I understand that is being caused by Comcast, my response of "That's just WG passing the blame on elsewhere" was immediately removed as non-constructive with a ban placed on communication privileges.
  82. pax
    Oct 16, 2016
    The only good thing about this game is the tank simulation. Everything else has been trashed to bleed freemium gamers into paying. Matchmaking punishes free players and rewards gold/paying players in 3 out of 4 matches. Basically gold players are stacked to one side and the game becomes a boring turkey shoot. Its boring when you get on the absurdly losing side and boring on the absurdlyThe only good thing about this game is the tank simulation. Everything else has been trashed to bleed freemium gamers into paying. Matchmaking punishes free players and rewards gold/paying players in 3 out of 4 matches. Basically gold players are stacked to one side and the game becomes a boring turkey shoot. Its boring when you get on the absurdly losing side and boring on the absurdly winning side. Its only fun when the matchups are relatively even. But that is rare. XVM app will show you the grossly unbalanced matchups. To add insult to injury the game punishes people who quit to avoid the mindless 2 to 5 minute game where your team gets massacred. To call this game simply garbage is being polite. Its sad to see refined simulations get destroyed by the freemium scam. Beware becoming addicted to the simulation aspect. Now if WG ever decides to make a real game out of their tank simulator I might look it up and finally pay them something. I havent paid them a dime and can only say thats the one redeeming aspect I retain from playing WOT. Expand
  83. Jul 7, 2014
    The good: imagery, motion graphics...very realistic.
    The good: imagery, motion graphics...very realistic.
    Why I'm deleting this waste of 7 GB memory from my hard drive: Very first battle, my vehicle is lightly shaded. Different color vehicle races by. Different color on planet earth means "the other side," aka, enemy. WOT never got that memo. I aim, fire. WOT says, "You hit it!" Round 2 hits home. WOT says, "You pierced the armor!" (or whatever). Both comments intoned with a laudatory sense. Feeling pretty good about my marksmanship, line up round 3 and shoot. "You killed a friendly! Your account suspended for one day!"

If it's tank warfare, fine. If it's Nanny-care for people without a life who are full of mommy issues and play from mommy's basement, then call it that. I'm done. There simply will not come a day when some piece of garbage program has that level of control over my life or my spare time.
  84. Jul 13, 2014
    Well, I dont know where to start, in this game there are too many dumb noobs who dont know how to play and the chance of winning is very low. Only if you play with the greatest players. The developer of this game sucks aswell. It makes promisses of bonus codes if you watch a dumb stream of them. You only get a few codes with 50-100 gold.

When I played this game for the first time it was

When I played this game for the first time it was great, you had a few countries with enough tanks and each tank class had his own tier what makes it fun. Now, you have a few stupid tanks who can kill a tank with a single shot. Then you have another dumb german tank and that's a autoloader who can shot you to zero with a couple hits. Months later they decided to change the damage of the tanks.

This game is not fun anymore because there are too many countries with their own tanks, tanks will be nerfed and removed. (like T-50-2) Graphics will be **** up after a few patches. War gaming promisses a lot of things like HD models and other stuff. No we are a few updates further and still we have a couple HD models tanks. They plan was to make all tanks HD.

In my opinion don't play this game because you lose almost every game and the developer sucks.
    My English is not so well, I made this comment fast.
  85. Apr 30, 2016
    The game was fun when I first started playing it in beta. It was incredibly simple, but unique and fun. I had hoped that the developers would fix some glaring balance issues among the different vehicles available within the game, but they did the opposite. "Premium" (pay to win) vehicles are significantly superior to their free to play counterparts. Over time, I have noticed that theThe game was fun when I first started playing it in beta. It was incredibly simple, but unique and fun. I had hoped that the developers would fix some glaring balance issues among the different vehicles available within the game, but they did the opposite. "Premium" (pay to win) vehicles are significantly superior to their free to play counterparts. Over time, I have noticed that the number of tanks in a match that are NOT premium has diminished, for obvious reasons. I also hoped that they might expand their game to include more interesting features, but it is still the same simple slug-fest. Drive forward, shoot the enemies, and hope that your free to play bullets actually do any damage. The worst part of the game by far is the experience and currency grinding that is absolutely unavoidable, even if you do pay. It's worth noting that premium players will grind much faster than you, and if you try to get all the way to the top tier, it will take you years, or at least several months. All the while, you'll basically be using a vehicle with inferior stats. Expand
  86. May 22, 2017
    you are able to cheat, some examples:
    -minimap indicators when things are destroyed
    -aimbot (not the right click aim from the game, a real calculated aimbot) -increse view distance +500m -automated fire ext (not the premium version) -all trees and bushes removed (believe me this makes a HUGE difference) and the list goes on.. ive tested all cheats, i complained about it, i reached
    you are able to cheat, some examples:
    -minimap indicators when things are destroyed
    -aimbot (not the right click aim from the game, a real calculated aimbot)
    -increse view distance +500m
    -automated fire ext (not the premium version)
    -all trees and bushes removed (believe me this makes a HUGE difference)
    and the list goes on.. ive tested all cheats, i complained about it, i reached 500.000 views on youtube with my activision against wargaming support. and now 2 years later, they decided to say its illegal, but guess what.. you can still use it..

gold grabbing company, everywhere they stalk you with their premium offers, and if you want to play tier 10, well better have premium then because you will lose allot of credits without it.
    i'm a 54% winrate player, so its not that i play bad.

and if all of this isn't enough, you can buy gold ammo.. its pretty much ammo that penetrates everything, only a kid of 8 years would not be able to pen with that.
    what makes armor total crap in this game, ive been playing this game for over 4 years, i stopped 1 year ago.. and then i calculated how much money i had spend on this.. over 2000€ in total for these 4 years.... premium account every month with my phone, a couple of premium tanks and allot of gold because the grinding gets old.. lol sorry xD
  87. Oct 14, 2014
    I enjoyed the game and spent real money on premium items and time, then had a customer service issue that was handled incredibly poorly. I abandoned my premium content and will not support any company with such abysmal customer "service"
  88. Oct 15, 2014
    Played since close beta and quitting the game, currently at ASIA server. i just list things wrong with WOT: still borked matchmaker, gold sink tanks (tanks that difficult to play to make you pay), accuracy buff and armor buff that favors russian tanks much, fantasy tanks, bots, racist players, cheating mods (modifications not moderators lol).
  89. Jan 20, 2017
    Wargaming is a low-integrity company. It shamelessly rigs the outcomes of battles for its own monetary gain. It does so by placing players on guaranteed-to-lose teams. Players then spend more to compensate for the losses. The company fails miserably at product management -as evidenced by its convoluted impossible-to-understand promotions, its ridiculously overpowered Russian tankWargaming is a low-integrity company. It shamelessly rigs the outcomes of battles for its own monetary gain. It does so by placing players on guaranteed-to-lose teams. Players then spend more to compensate for the losses. The company fails miserably at product management -as evidenced by its convoluted impossible-to-understand promotions, its ridiculously overpowered Russian tank lines, its complete disregard for in-game AFK tanks and its annoying game mechanics like excessive tracking and imbalance with regard to the value of armor. I have played more than 30,000 battles and only 1,000 of those were enjoyable. The other 29,000 were simply attempts to have a GG. Expand
  90. Jan 21, 2015
    This game is absolutely awful!! Unless you are a masochist or get addicted for awhile (like I did) you won't play long and will eventually rage during almost every game. I am embarassed to admit that I have many thousands of games under my belt. The idea is sound and the gameplay is ok but the negatives far outweigh any positives. The developers are as brilliant as they are ruthless. IThis game is absolutely awful!! Unless you are a masochist or get addicted for awhile (like I did) you won't play long and will eventually rage during almost every game. I am embarassed to admit that I have many thousands of games under my belt. The idea is sound and the gameplay is ok but the negatives far outweigh any positives. The developers are as brilliant as they are ruthless. I have never played a more addictive game with the system of awards and new tanks tantalizingly just out of reach. But be prepared for the worst grinding of your life and you will quickly see that the gameplay mechanics are being manipulated steadily and cleverly to reduce win rates and encourage spending real money to improve your game performance. But don't dare to even raise this issue on WOT forums. You will be flamed by endless shills bashing you because you don't have enough games or enough statistics to properly "understand what is happening". Go to the forums and see for yourself. I am not normally a conspiracy buff but have casually researched this on the internet and found the kind of distribution of positive and negative reviews (outside of the WOT forums which are closely controlled) you see on metacritic... large numbers of glowing positives and large numbers of angry negatives with little in between. This peculiar distribution also argues for manipulation and suggest that the developers employ a very large number of shills to counter their critics wherever they pop up on the web. I am through playing this game and will never give another dime of my money to these Russian thugs. It's too bad because the concept is a good one and I have had a bit of fun in spite of the horrific flaws. Expand
  91. Jul 8, 2015
    A long time ago the game was good, but now its gone to pot, MM is pot luck and they it boils down to who has the least bots in their team.

They dont do customer service.

As they say if its free its often poor and that it is
  92. Aug 29, 2015
    была неплохая игра года 3 назад но бабки портят людей!танки стали болотом !ХОТИМ ПЕРЕМЕН!
  93. Aug 29, 2015
    За последние 3 года из игры сделали не понятно что.Побеждает тот кто больше переседит в кустах. бтр 0!Карты УЖАСНЫЕ.
  94. Aug 30, 2015
    У игры есть потенциал - на старте проекта всё выглядело весьма и весьма перспективно. Однако прошли годы, а качественных доработок наблюдается какой-то абсолютно невменяемый мизер. Нововведения если и вводятся, то косметические, чисто для создания видимости работы, и, зачастую эти нововведения абсолютно не согласованы с текущим балансом, тем самым лишь ещё больше усугубляя общуюУ игры есть потенциал - на старте проекта всё выглядело весьма и весьма перспективно. Однако прошли годы, а качественных доработок наблюдается какой-то абсолютно невменяемый мизер. Нововведения если и вводятся, то косметические, чисто для создания видимости работы, и, зачастую эти нововведения абсолютно не согласованы с текущим балансом, тем самым лишь ещё больше усугубляя общую неадекватность игровой механики.
    Мой игровой стаж в данном проекте более двух лет. Не буду кривить душой, у игры есть свои плюсы - ведь тот изначальный потенциал так никуда и не делся - но минусов настолько больше, что продолжать играть нет никакого желания. В данном отзыве сосредоточусь на основных проблемах которые имеют место быть в игре, надеюсь они сберегут чьи-то нервы, а может и заставят, наконец, взяться разработчиков за головы.
    1. Отсутствие баланса.
    С балансом проблемы повсюду - начиная от применимости классов техники, заканчивая ттх машин, тактической диспозицией карт и подбором команд. В WoT вы спокойно можете обнаружить, что вкачанный вами танк внезапно уступает по боевой эффективности всем одноклассникам на уровне, просто без какой-либо вменяемой причины, вы можете попасть на карту, где у одной команды более выгодные позиции для игры чем у другой. Причём ждать правок баланса иногда приходится годами, ввиду того, что разработчики банально не отслеживают ситуацию в игре.
    2. Проблемы игровой механики.
    Основные проблемы наблюдаются с отсутствием возможности нормальной реализации техники в рамках своего класса. Лёгкие танки, например, которые должны передавать развед.данные с поля боя обладают ровно таким же обзором как и топовая техника других классов в бою, при этом у них нет мощного вооружения и достаточного запаса прочности при том, что лёгким танкам приходится работать на первой линии. Тяжёлые танки, зачастую, не способны держать урон, даже при наличии внушительного бронирования ибо их пробивают или премиум снарядами, либо выцеливают лючки. Так же в игре много рандомизации: пробитие и урон снаряда варьируется в пределах +/-25 от базового значения, от рандома зависит точность стрельбы, от рандома зависит выведение из строя модулей. Таким образом очень ограничивается влияние игрока на боевую обстановку, ввиду чего на данный момент большая часть боёв полностью лишена динамики.
    3. Нет матчмейкинга.
    В режиме случайных боёв команда набирается из случайного набора игроков и техники. Таким образом вы можете попасть в команду новичков, когда противниками играют опытные бойцы и в бою у вас банально не будет шансов на победу вообще. Если же вы сами сумели стать скилловым игроком - то вам придётся столкнуться с тем, что вас в бою могут фокусить. Одна из модификаций для WoT позволяет видеть статистику игроков в бою и ориентируясь с помощью этого мода вы, иной раз, половина команды сосредотачивает своё внимание на одном единственном противнике, что крайне сомнительно сказывается на увлекательности игрового процесса.
    4. Борьба с читерством.
    Поскольку большая часть информации обрабатывается на сервера в WoT крайне мало простора для создания запрещённых модификаций. Тем не менее они есть и дают реальное преимущество игроку. Так же наличествует проблема с ботоводством. Данные вопросы разработчиками игры решают крайне неохотно, а подчас и вовсе игнорируются.
    5. Проблемы освоения в игре.
    Даже при наличии рефферальной програмы (введена всего год назад) новичку очень сложно осваиваться в игре, зарабатывать игровую валюту и опыт. Фактически игрока принуждают покупать прем.аккаунт или прем.технику, без которых его развитие в игре будет примерно равно рабскому труду.
    6. Отсутствие контроля над игровым процессом и адекватной работы над развитием игры.
    Одна из проблем заключается в том, что сами разработчики не играют в своё детище. Для тестирования тех или иных нововведений используется команда супертестеров, но по неким причинам работает эта команда крайне неэффективно и пропускает в релиз откровенные недоработки. Если же потом в игре обнаруживается проблема с балансом - разработчики вместо оперативного вмешательства годами собирают статистику, выясняя есть ли проблема на самом деле... потом они её наугад правят и история со сбором статистики повторяется вновь.
    Разработчики бесконечно кормят игроков обещаниями и вместо того, чтобы сосредотачиваться на проблемах, которые реально нуждаются в решении, они с новыми обновлениями предпочитают вводить дополнительные, подчас не особо нужные ветки техники, лишь ещё больше усугубляя проблемы с балансировкой игровой механики.

На данный момент, игроки уже два года ждут ввод поддержки многопоточности, реализацию разрушаемости и ребаланс техники и методики подбора боёв путём смены разброса уровней с -2/+2 до -1/+1. Вместо этого нам в обновлении 9.10 скармливают новую ветку абсолютно ненужных японских тяжёлых танко
  95. Oct 18, 2015
    Все решения которые ВГ принимает носят только корысный характер. Им плевать на то как скатилась игра, им просто нужно что бы деньги и дальше лелись рекой.
  96. Oct 22, 2015
    First of all, I will admit that the game is fun for the first 3 tiers, maybe. After the first 3 tiers, the game turns into a complete mess. Turns out, people who play free suffer a exp and credit penalty. Forcing you to pay real money to be able to utilize the full benefits, (I will explain what this entails later on).

Possibly the worst part of this game is the sloppy matchmaking

Possibly the worst part of this game is the sloppy matchmaking system that sets you up against tanks at a maximum 3 tiers above you. If you don't know what that means, there are 10 tiers in the game, higher tier tanks have better guns and armor. So when you are paired against tanks who are higher tier, you essentially become worthless. There are roles, like light tanks who have to scout. They are not meant for damage and that's because your gun cant damage anything. Then your contribution as a light tank depends on your team. If your team is bad then your scouting means nothing which makes you worthless. Heavy and medium tanks are the guys who rush forward to deal damage. Paired against higher tanks makes you worthless, since armor no longer means anything against higher tier and your guns cant damage anything. There are other class of tanks, but it means nothing for the reasons stated above. Unless you pay real money for "premium" ammunition, which is the games way of saying "pay real money to do damage". Although they did change that in later patches by allowing you the option to buy premium ammo with in-game credits. But the prices are raised around 10-20x the price of regular ammo. In other words, its praying that you get competent teammates who just happen to be in the higher tier tanks.

But lets get on to the higher tier tanks, shall we? To get to the higher tier tanks, you have to wade through the garbage that is the lower tier tanks. Which becomes a problem especially if you take into consideration the reasons I listed above. Now, progression would be a good thing, if it wasn't such a hassle in this game. I don't want to spend two months grinding 200xp per game because the matchmaker put me in a match where I literally can't contribute, for a tank that requires 40,000+ experience. Then the crew, you hire crew for when you purchase tanks, you have the option of paying real money to put them at 100%, which allows you to train skills that offer bonuses in battle. You would need around 200-400 games to get it to 100% without paying real money, but that's if you are lucky and placed in a match where you can contribute instead of being a target/distraction/fodder. This also applies to experience for tanks as well, pretty much forcing players to pay real money to get the boost so that they don't have to grind months for one tank. Now, I know what you are thinking: "What? Are you poor? Can't spare some money on a game?" If I wanted to spend money on a game, I'd rather spend it one that is actually well designed.

Then there is the community, good lord the community is so toxic. I asked one question about an event, and the entire chat exploded with people throwing out obscenities and telling you to kill yourself. What makes this even "funnier" is that there are moderators who actually monitor the chats, but they don't discipline the people who are genuinely rude and out of nowhere to harass, no. They instead ban you when you point out the obvious flaws in the game. I admit, I rage at times, especially when the game deals me an unfair hand, (thank you matchmaking), and I then present my concerns. First, its people flocking to the "defense" of the game, when I quote "defense" I mean what they do is tell you to leave since they would rather not defend their broken game. Especially since most of these people have gotten past the ridiculous grind and no longer have a reason to complain. Then what do the moderators do? They ban you for criticizing the game, there was at least two times where I lost chat privileges because I "dared" to criticize such an "amazing" game.

Then I see the reviews from these so called "game critics". Giving this game a total of 8/10 on this website and it makes you wonder if they even played the game past tier three. If they even played the game enough to notice these glaring problems. Or maybe they were payed to give a good review, especially since I doubt that a game could go on for this long without at least one bad review. Especially from those who have actually played the game. Id rather listen to the users, the gamers than these "critics". The user reviews come from the people who have actually played, and when you look at the difference between the game critic reviews and user reviews, you see how vastly different it is. How in the user reviews, the amount of negative reviews vastly outnumber both the good and mixed reviews, combined!

I give this game a "1", mostly because the only redeeming thing about this is the beginning. Showing what the game could have been, but the developers care more about money than polishing their broken game.
  97. Oct 28, 2015
    Последние несколько лет игра скатывается всё ниже и ниже, но разработчикам на это плевать. 1 из 10 за такое отношение разработчиков к своему продукту.
  98. Nov 22, 2015
    The game is utterly **** Half of the games you play your team does not work with you and you are powerless to affect how the game is going. The other half of the games you play are games where you are matched up against higher tier enemies and you still cannot do anything. A multiplayer game on which nobody plays for team and you cannot affect the game on any level. Horrible game design.
  99. Feb 7, 2016
    В игре полный дизбаланс, еще один шанс убедиться, что разроботчикам просто наплевать на игру.
    Первые 5 уровней невозможно играть!!!

1. Games Master UK
    Dec 18, 2012
    Bucketloads of depth and surprisingly simple to jump into. It's free, too! [Jan 2013, p.84]
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    World of Tanks is the ultimate tank battle game, and with a price tag of 0 whatever your currency is - there really isn't anything major to complain about.
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    It combines aspects of great RPG games and first person shooters, wraps them into a package that will appeal to the historian, and tosses in a dash of addiction to combine into one great final product.