5.0

1. Jul 25, 2015
    I've just changed my score from 8 to 5.0 and heres why: i almost just got to 1k battles and my crew isn't 100% yet! (96% commander others 105% (96+10)) and my main tanks are american arty and french arty t1 heavy stug III G t 67 m5 stuart i could have gotten m6 but m6 is the worst tank and i had no credits + i thought it may be better to practice in t1 and make money! and learn some skillsI've just changed my score from 8 to 5.0 and heres why: i almost just got to 1k battles and my crew isn't 100% yet! (96% commander others 105% (96+10)) and my main tanks are american arty and french arty t1 heavy stug III G t 67 m5 stuart i could have gotten m6 but m6 is the worst tank and i had no credits + i thought it may be better to practice in t1 and make money! and learn some skills for my m6 too!

its an amazing game, it has awesome environment good graphics good feeling and is fun(i will tell you why it becomes the worst thing of your life) the experience of driving and shooting and driving a tank is fun and diffrent

but here are the things that make me reduce my score!
    1) Wargraming is terrible at balancing the game, its incridbly stupid at some stuff, don't even let me start talking about MM....

2)they keep nerfing everything, they don't know how to balance stuff

3) Players, 90% of players are brain-less poor minded cheap people, here's whats in their brain:
    while(true){
    if(chat.newmassage()){
    printf("***** mother %s" chat.message());
    }
    its the only game that when you say hi people trash you for saying hi, when you tell arty to do something im going there, he trashes you for telling him what to do. altought i said you can do wathever you want i just suggested
    + freindly hitters and other stuff

4) im not sure if engines and stuff are exactly what they say, camofluage for example i once saw a tree fall like 60-50m away from me, i was in my stug III B with camo net behind a bush, wondered why i don't see him than he 1 hitted me, later i checked the reply and noticed that i didn't detect him until he was 39m away from me. they say 50m is the min, and how can a stationary stug III G with camo net have less camo than a moving m4 sherman

the camo logic: everybody can see you, you can't see anybody, atleast till i get my sixth sense (god knows when that happens)

some weird stuff happens with pen but i can't say much because i don't know if people switch to premium shells or not or etc and game acts weird sometimes (i've read the whole wiki!)

6) maps are bad, well i cna't say much as im a bigginer but i barely find bushes good enough and there are no place for sniping, everbody hides behind hills, if you wait there you will be useless till game ends
    if you don't you get Hit (if you don't get 1 hit while sniping)

and with my t1 heavy always against tier VII which my armor is useless,still i do some support

7) this game drives you insane.... not sure if its just me but it drives you super mad! no other games make me mad :| one day you get ace tanker for the hole day, another day you get no kills, im confused

8)light tanks are kinda useless in what i saw, but im new to light tanks!

9) Gold is expensive! and stupid
    also many stuff requires gold, otherwise its too hard to grind and play
    gold shells, gold tanks gold xp convert and premium account and skill changing and 100% crew(the thing that makes you cry so hard can be done with 200gold each member!

10) almost only random battles!

11) all maps look like the same

there are more which i don't remember but anyway over the time i've been playing this game, it has been a torture trying to make myself believe i didn't waste my 10$ :| but it was only 10$ :S

if a company like blizzard bought it it would be awesome!
    or if they hired some decent devs, changed gold price and etc. its so easy to fix this game! (other than bugs maybe :S)

but few things people complain about:

yeah grind takes long, but the whole fun of the game is grinding and these stuff, they think they get OP or something in tier X but the only thing is people get better and more pro! and less fun for people who aren't experienced!

tanks disappearing: read about camo, but as i said, its random for me, might be my lag :|
    you need gold to be a good player, no, you can do everything without gold (other than premium tanks which are for crew training and credits, they're worst than normal elite tanks) but it takes LONG! LONG! long like leveling your char to 100 for the first time in wow
  2. Jul 25, 2015
    What could been the best free-to-play title in 2010 is ruined by micro-transaction the game fell such a chore to play if you are oing to free-to-play route in the begining you will always feel a unbalanced gameplay cause guess what devs got too greedy and wanted to balance the top tier tanks so pay2win guys can enjoy while low free-to-play guys are left in the dust now the game is ok butWhat could been the best free-to-play title in 2010 is ruined by micro-transaction the game fell such a chore to play if you are oing to free-to-play route in the begining you will always feel a unbalanced gameplay cause guess what devs got too greedy and wanted to balance the top tier tanks so pay2win guys can enjoy while low free-to-play guys are left in the dust now the game is ok but unfortunetly the game fall short there is no gamemods just capture the enemy base or total annahilation the game is bad in my opinion yes it fun in begibig for like an hour but there is so many premium vehicles that will milk you dry. It sad i liked this game but you know play warthunder its way more balanced you can bring multipale vehicles aircraft and ship that yet are to come go play warthunder its way more enjoyable expiriance and you dont have to download 3 games. Expand
  3. Jul 24, 2015
    This game is rigged. Not really free. Beware of using your credit cards to buy gold. I'm lucky I was able to dispute it with PAYPAL. WOT billing system is SHADY when it comes to credit card charges. They will try to charge you hidden transactions where you won't noticed till it hits your credit card account. Remember they will BLOCK your account If there's some issues on CHARGEBACK. ItThis game is rigged. Not really free. Beware of using your credit cards to buy gold. I'm lucky I was able to dispute it with PAYPAL. WOT billing system is SHADY when it comes to credit card charges. They will try to charge you hidden transactions where you won't noticed till it hits your credit card account. Remember they will BLOCK your account If there's some issues on CHARGEBACK. It happened to me twice when I got the gold but not the CREDITS, Was that AWFUL. Billing support was unsupportive about the issues and they will always blame the players for something that their own system's fault. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE numbers to call. All will be answered through emails. WHAT A ******* SCAM!!!!! Expand
  4. Jul 18, 2015
    Going to make this review as HONEST as I can.

This game is NOT skill vs skill, it is WALLET vs WALLET! If you are a statistic makes you cool player, this is the game for you. If you are a run and gun, or believe in strategy, I would look at other games. While this game is technically free to play, they sell "premium" tanks, as well as armor piercing rounds, repair packs, health
    Going to make this review as HONEST as I can.

This game is NOT skill vs skill, it is WALLET vs WALLET!

If you are a statistic makes you cool player, this is the game for you.
    If you are a run and gun, or believe in strategy, I would look at other games.

While this game is technically free to play, they sell "premium" tanks, as well as armor piercing rounds, repair packs, health kits, and the list goes on. So if you are not willing to shell out big dollars, you are at a disadvantage from the start. The "premium" tanks can only be bought with gold, which can only be purchased. The repair, and other kits, can be bought with silver won in battles, but often cause the "average" player to only break even in terms of silver once damage repairs, and ammunition costs are filled.

This is yet another game plagued by user hacks.

There are a great deal of children, 8-40 who will start calling names, throwing insults because they ran out and got killed, and want to blame it on the rest of the team.

The game, in random battles, consists of 15 team members, but make no mistake, the word "team" is COMPLETELY misleading. Over the last 6 months, younger people have taken over the game, and 98% of them, will hide way back at the base in an attempt to collect the most damage, without ever getting shot at. OR, they will ALL go to one side of the map, in most cases leaving the middle and other side wide open.

Clans:
    Most clans in this game, at least any that do battles, will require you to have a minimum 50% win rate, which with the way random battles are played, or you are willing to spend big dollars, is not easy to achieve as that statistic relies on the capabilities of the rest of your team.

There are two types of gamers, those who play for the W, and those who play for the statistical bragging right. This game, is dominated by the latter.

I cannot count the number of times I have;
    *Been the only tank to cover and entire side.
    *Set up behind a rock, pulled out to take a shot, and had another tank park right behind me so I could not back up to cover.
    *Had another tank pull in front of me to block my shots and "steal" damage ( you will get in trouble for causing team damage.
    *Had up to 4 tanks not even play the round, leaving the team very short handed. You can get in trouble for causing team damage, even if another tank pulls in front of you, but nothing happens to those who load into the round and do not even play.

As with many "free or pay" games, if you are not willing to shell out big dollars (30 bucks for some tanks) you may find yourself completely frustrated. The first few tiers, there are ten, are not so bad to get through, but then you will find yourself bogged down. Example, a tier 2 tank, may cost you around 1,500 exp and 3,000 silver, but a tier 7 tank will cost around 150,000 exp and 225,000 to 275,000 silver. Not to mention, when you first acquire a tank, you will need ADDITIONAL silver and exp to outfit it with a better gun, engine, radio, etc. You can see how things start to really add up, forcing you to pay to be competitive.

All one has to do, is look at the "user review" score, 5.0 out of 10
  5. Jul 17, 2015
    Lately I've gotten back to playing World of Tanks and I thought I'd share my thoughts about it.
    WoT is basically a very fun game to play. There are tons of ways to mod it more interesting (Arnold voice mod) and playing with friends makes it even better. The graphics are very good and the game physics work well. There are multiple different tank types to choose from and fun events happening from time to time.

WoT has some big flaws though. It's one of those games where you need to grind. A lot. Buying premium will give you a boost in earned XP and money and isn't too expensive to consider when compared to other monthly subscription games, but it will still take forever to earn that XP for the next tank. Most of the times you either die really fast or don't do enough damage to the enemies to get any XP and that can be frustrating.

There are also a lot of small annoying things, like only being able to sell x amount of tanks per day, changing your cannon will leave you with no ammo and while selling a tank you need to write down the price.

I'd recommend downloading WoT as that game that you might play an hour or two every week when bored. More when playing with friends.
  6. Jul 16, 2015
    Just too damn difficult to be fun without spending cold hard cash and even then still not enjoyable. Definitely not for the casual gamer but almost certainly makes a lot of money for War Gaming.
  7. Jul 14, 2015
    I have 15,000 battles in this game and I will say there is definitely rigging in the match making formula among other rigged features. There is even claims now that WOT can/will alter your game by nerfing your accuracy and penetration through your IP address or player name. They say this game is free but when it comes down to it, the big investors are rewarded in game play. The better youI have 15,000 battles in this game and I will say there is definitely rigging in the match making formula among other rigged features. There is even claims now that WOT can/will alter your game by nerfing your accuracy and penetration through your IP address or player name. They say this game is free but when it comes down to it, the big investors are rewarded in game play. The better you are at the game the better the chances you have for favourable match making(as long as you spend money in the game). Most games are lop sided and the enjoyment is pretty much zero because of consistent losses and getting rolled almost every game. You will see in most match ups the weaker players playing against the stronger players. This game is all about taking your money, keep in mind moderate spenders with average stats will be usually on the dogs breakfast team too. Big spenders are rewarded. Bottom line, I am very disappointed with WOT on how they can rig a game so badly. Armoured Warfare is in Beta at this time and is doing extremely well. They have developed a Match Making formula that will make games more enjoyable. They are avoiding the 2 tier separation (games will only be +1/-1 tier difference) and also putting in player values into the formula. They have eliminated the favoritism card so everyone can have the same opportunity to develop. I give WOT a fat ZERO for the rigging! Expand
  8. Jul 8, 2015
    A long time ago the game was good, but now its gone to pot, MM is pot luck and they it boils down to who has the least bots in their team.

They dont do customer service.

As they say if its free its often poor and that it is
  9. Jul 8, 2015
    Ppl that dont say its pay2win proberbly still play att tier up to 4-5 then its starts to cost if u want to stay ahead.
    Tanks are very unbalanced and they have no feel for history or to balance.
    Tanks are very unbalanced and they have no feel for history or to balance.
    Played since beta and still its fun to spend som days but I always get tired of the bad balance and p2w so I stop and dont play for some time and then go for a couple of matches again and that work for me.
  10. Jul 7, 2015
    As someone who played over 10 000 battles and has very good stats, I probably count as someone who "understands the game". I can confirm: it's rubbish in every aspect.

The theme: this game is about tanks. To be more specific, it is about armored vehicles that were developed between the early 20s and the late 60s. This includes light, medium and heavy tanks, as well as self propelled artillery and tank destroyers. You won't find vehicles armed with rockets or smooth bore guns, however. Players will spend most of their time in so called random battles, where two teams of 15 players will compete. The nationality of the tanks absolutely does not matter you will see Soviet, German and American tanks in both teams, as well as many others.

The graphics and game physics: this is probably one of the weakest points of the game. The game is based on the old bigworld engine (nicknamed bugworld for a reason). This means that even with the recent upgrades, the graphics of the game is beyond today's standards, but the game is a resource hog anyways, and you can't run it on max graphics unless you happen to be playing on the main supercomputer of NASA. Physics: the main problem are probably terrain dynamics, even the smallest bump can significantly slow down a tank, and even the most maneuverable ones have trouble climbing up on moderately steep slopes.

Maps: in one word: **** First of, there are too few maps, and what's even worse, not more than 5 are in rotation at once (map is randomly chosen by the matchmaker from the rotation). Heavy tanks will spend most of the time climbing up hills at 10 km/h or less instead of fighting, and most maps are basically a bunch of narrow corridors that won't let light and medium tanks flank. on top of this, maps, especially newer ones are horribly balanced, and give huge advantages to one team (more cover on their side etc).

Artillery: self propelled artillery is one of the 5 vehicle classes in the game. It deserves special attention because of the special way it works. Artillery drivers can enter a bird's eye view, and aim from that. They see a juicy target, aim, and click. And the unsuspecting target usually gets either one-shot-killed or "just" loses half to two thirds of their HP. Artillery can repeatedly do this without the fear of retaliation, making the class incredibly OP even in the hands of absolute noobs, and the developers refuse to do anything about it for years.

The playerbase: retards. Seriously. There is no better definition for it, half of the playerbase is absolute potato-tier retards, and about 90% of the other half are just moderately stupid. I'm not talking about lack of skill, but the absolute lack of logical and analytical thinking. They can not tell the front of their tanks from the rear. The forum community is different, it is just full of trolls.

Public relations and customer support: it is often said that the devs don't listen to the players, and it's absolutely true but IMHO most of the time it's a good thing (see previous part about the players). The problem is that they are openly and admittedly Stalin lovers and push commie agenda whenever they have an excuse for it. Customer support: write a ticket about your problem. get a smartass automated answer that has nothing to do with your problem. That is all. Ah and one more thing: all forum moderators (wg staff) must have at least one "sock puppet" account. What this means: infinite pro-WG shilling both on the forums and at places like this.

Matchmaking and RNG: probably the worst thing. Players could cope with having to play against tanks that are ridiculously more powerful than their own at times. What players can't cope with is that the matchmaking is (supposedly) indifferent to the players' skill. Supposedly means that in fact it is rigged and will force good, but non-paying players to be the cannon fodder against higher tier tanks in about 80% of the battles. The random number generator, which influences gun accuracy, penetration and damage also appears to be rigged to favor noobs as much as possible, most likely to give them a chance to win and prevent them from ragequitting. Needless to say that WG denies rigging, even tough they have a copyrighted pattern for the MM system that I described earlier..

That is about all, there are more game mechanics that can be confusing or even unfair, for example the spotting system, and all the pay to win features, but those can be circumvented with skill mostly, so I don't consider them to be bad things.
  11. Jun 28, 2015
    Counter Strike with tanks. The Russian bias is annoying. The spotting and damage mechanics are questionable. The performance and graphics are subpar. Yet, there is something funny in this that keeps you playing.

I spent around 70 Euros on monthly subs to get to the tanks I wanted to play. Then I could game on without any additional investment. Never bought any $ tanks and I could still kick ***. The pay to win aspect is well balanced.

Good bangs for the buck, and well worth it.
  12. Jun 27, 2015
    OMG 10/10 THIS GAME IS AWESOME, BEST GAME EXPERIENCE EVER, ONESHOT FROM ARTY AND CONSTANT NERFES OF PLAYABLE TANKS, TY WARGAMING FOR THIS GREATE GAME, 10/10 OMG 10/10
  13. Jun 19, 2015
    I am happy to have escaped the grip of this game......................................................................................................
  14. Jun 11, 2015
    Great game, free to play, but should spend a little to fully enjoy. Has many rewards to earn and top notch customer support. The tank play is realistic and easy to learn.

Technically is first rate, smooth and very little lag if any on my 7MB DSL. Join clans, team play and special events. The downside is the first time you download your initial setup make take awhile, after that its a

The downside is the first time you download your initial setup make take awhile, after that its a breeze. To enjoy and play is less then 0.15 cents a day at full tilt. If that is too much to spend maybe you should get a paper route.
  15. May 30, 2015
    Great that there is a MMO tank game. However, it is unbalanced. 85% of the battles end up at 15 -4 or worse. This makes game play no fun. If you like either winning without working, or losing every battle this is a great game for you. As a former US Army tank crewman who has studied history for many years, these tanks are very much not representative of real life tanks. I could expect someGreat that there is a MMO tank game. However, it is unbalanced. 85% of the battles end up at 15 -4 or worse. This makes game play no fun. If you like either winning without working, or losing every battle this is a great game for you. As a former US Army tank crewman who has studied history for many years, these tanks are very much not representative of real life tanks. I could expect some differences, but not to the extent of these.

Fighting by tier is unbalanced. First it should not place tanks of a 3 their spread in the same battle, and if playing a light tank it could be worse than that. Other issues id that the Match Maker gives advantage to one team or the other. Before they implemented this, I had a fun time playing with a 57% win rate. Then they changed to the new MM with it changing odds for one team or the other. My win rate dropped rapidly. I now reside at 46% wins over 12K games, and my recent battles actually are more like 85% losses with games going as stated above. I even saw one battle with 15 - 0. It lasted 2 minutes and no matter how many times we hit the other tanks, they took no damage. Meanwhile we were getting killed with one shot. The concept for this game is great and it started out pretty good, but then they changed it in order to make more money. They needed to force players to spend money to win battles or support higher tier tanks.

In game chat is rampant with players complaining about MM and those who are putting the complainers down, calling them noobs. Telling players to uninstall the game and stop complaining. All-in-all it is a game that could be really good, but due to poor development and mismanagement is poor at best. The main goal of the game is to make money for the company with no regard for their subscribers. Recommend you not install it.
  16. May 26, 2015
    Generally World of Tanks has a good concept. but the better is, that there are other companies who offer this game play. for example Armored Warfare.

the problem with World of Tanks ist the total rigged Matchmaker und RandomNumberGenerator("in my opinion" -that's the opinion everyone will have after some thousand games). and yes this game is not about skill or talent, it's about tanks who have a reliability from -25% to +25% with every shot. would that be a problem? no - if it would be really randomized.
    and that's the point: sometimes the matchmaking wanted you to lose or to win and this will last the whole day/certain games. in these matches you can't "play" the game, you get screwed by a biased RNG. it's not fun.

DON'T PLAY A GAME WHICH FRUSTRATES YOU THIS MUCH.

you will spend money to get rid of the losses, on the other side you will think you are very skillful. but no - its corrupted. so think about how you waste your time.

the second reason to avoid this game is the unfriendly staff and community-support. they build up a forum which has on of the most hateful atmosphere around (and yes internet is not a bunnyfarm). the moderation supports bullying by not observing their friends (the moderation team is recruited from the players)

DON'T PLAY THIS GAME, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT BULLYING

the support even threatens you to delete your account, if you want to discuss the negative aspects of the game. another example is "automatic report system". if enough people report you, you will get a 24h ban. but there's a possibility to encroach the system, so you will get a ban for nothing. if you contact the support absolutely nothing will happened. and here's the aspect of corruption: a moderator (there was an example with "xOlsenx") can disban his own friends via minutes.

in conclusion the concept has earned 5 points, but the fact this game produces so much (determined) frustration World of Tanks will get 3 points. the fact the Staff is ("in my opinion") corrupt, will leave it for 2 points. don't waste time on it - or a least try the alternatives like Armored Warfare or War Thunder
  17. Mar 28, 2015
    Short Answer: Pay to win.
    Long answer:
    The game is actually good overall. Looks, game play, controls are east enough to master. Leveling up, or grinding for experience to buy skills and tanks AND equipment are a real drag. Tanks rated TIER 1-10. You start at 1 and work your way up. It has a historical progression from the early 1900's up to the Korean war era. So don't expect any M1A2
    Short Answer: Pay to win.
    Long answer:

Tanks rated TIER 1-10. You start at 1 and work your way up. It has a historical progression from the early 1900's up to the Korean war era. So don't expect any M1A2 to T-95's.
    Every tier requires exponentially experience (i.e. grinding) to get to the next tier. It will take 3 matches to go from Tier 1 to 2, but THOUSANDS of matches to go from Tier 8-9.

If you want to be competitive above Tier 5 you have to pay REAL MONEY. Special equipment, faster XP accumulation, and better ammo comes with premium membership.

Although no one will admit it, you also get better Match Making as a paying customer.
    This is even more obvious during the X3 and X5 weekends (where the your First Victory of the day gets x3 or x5 experience) where the free players get thrown in higher Tier games as cannon fodder. Skill no longer applies here, you are merely target practice since you will never cause damage to higher tier tanks. If you think Tier 5 is halfway to Tier 10, you're crazy. In reality, Tier 8 or 9 is really half way to Tier 10 in terms of matches played or time required.

This would be an excellent game if the Pay to Win factor wasn't so ridiculous.

So you want to have fun for free, play Tiers 1-4 and MAYBE 5. After that, it's nothing but a grind at a disadvantage.
  18. Mar 21, 2015
    Game runs on very old and outdatted engine - Big World Engine, which utilizes ONLY ONE core of your cpu.. Besides that it is Russian propaganda game - every soviet tank outperforms other nations vehicles.
    Examples: Why would you play with Churchill ! if you can play KV1, which is near unpenetrable and has better gun that has jacked up stats? Or why would you play AMX AC 1946 if you can play SU122-44, which is fast as medium tanks, cannot be penetrated by 75 and 90 mm guns and uses fast firing 122mm cannon?
  19. Mar 13, 2015
    This is a not a great game, nor a fair game. As others have said the matchmaking can make winning a match near impossible before the first shot is fired. However, I've been playing it for over a year and still get a kick out of it. I've never spent any money on this game, nor will I. And now that the E25 is not available neither should you, hate those things, satisfying to kill though.This is a not a great game, nor a fair game. As others have said the matchmaking can make winning a match near impossible before the first shot is fired. However, I've been playing it for over a year and still get a kick out of it. I've never spent any money on this game, nor will I. And now that the E25 is not available neither should you, hate those things, satisfying to kill though. Tier VI is the sweet spot, but fun can be had at any tier, just realize you'll have to deal with no win scenarios. Personally, based on the fun I've had with this game versus any other game in the last year it would get a 10. And I don't really play as Soviets or Axis, because who wants Hitler or Stalin as commanding officer, some great tanks though. But big picture, 7.5 is about right. Expand
  20. Mar 3, 2015
    I don't know why everyone complains about this game look don't spend money on this don't spend money on that dude it's free and one of the best online games I've experienced yeah can be grinding but worth it you don't wanna get to tier 10 in that much of a hurry that makes it crap people are saying that these tanks arnt real life!!! Excuse me!! My pop useto be radio man in the tank thatI don't know why everyone complains about this game look don't spend money on this don't spend money on that dude it's free and one of the best online games I've experienced yeah can be grinding but worth it you don't wanna get to tier 10 in that much of a hurry that makes it crap people are saying that these tanks arnt real life!!! Excuse me!! My pop useto be radio man in the tank that I'm using now the history on every tank is dead accurate even made tanks that weren't out in service right down to the blue print penetrations accurate say no more will like to see slow mode as the Bullet hits the tank like sniper elite hell yeaaaaa pple winge and complain because they suck and can't run around like cod etc your in a ww2 tank things arnt quick when your 865 hph engines pulling over 30 tonnes of steal!!! Stop winging and you's your head on playing this game it's strategy and simulated Expand
  21. Feb 23, 2015
    Lots of potential but it is hampered by a terrible matchmaking system. Scores are usually one sided and determined in the first 2 minutes of play. Sometimes you have to quit playing because the losses are so frequent .
    They just nerfed their tank destroyer portion of the game to further unbalance the game.
    Count on paying for premium time/items if you want to progress at more than a
    Count on paying for premium time/items if you want to progress at more than a crawl at higher levels.
    For free it is an OK game .
  22. Feb 18, 2015
    Pay2Win as hell especially in higher levels!!! The match making also a trash. Often you find yours self againts 2(or sometimes more) level higher tanks than you are (there are 10 levels and u cant penetrate a 2+ leveled tank without a premium ammo, sometimes with them either.). Not recomended!
  23. Feb 17, 2015
    Everything was good about this game - years ago. Since it's birth it almost did not evolved at all despite how much money it generates and they better invest those money in rocket development to kill more people in post USSR countries than put aside a little bit and improve anything. All improvements in the game are associated with nerfs, vehicle removals by replacing with crappyEverything was good about this game - years ago. Since it's birth it almost did not evolved at all despite how much money it generates and they better invest those money in rocket development to kill more people in post USSR countries than put aside a little bit and improve anything. All improvements in the game are associated with nerfs, vehicle removals by replacing with crappy counterparts, making sales by forcing down the throat useless overpriced vehicles (if you are willing to pay for it 20-80£ - for one, ONE vehicle with bunch of crap with it just to boost its price).

Game itself is infinite grinding. You grind for a tank, then grind for each of its component because it is unplayable until you have all top components. Then you grind to gather credits to get next parts and tanks. This is basically even more terrible if you are not really good player and then you need premium account to boost your income or premium vehicle as well as then you have 50% bonus to income from both. But driving premium vehicle you waste your time as xp you gather is going not for a tank you want to grind but for that crew you put in it and premium tank. But no worries - you can transfer your xp from premium tank to free for all... for a ridiculous price.

This game seriously has so much bad points that it is hard to scope. Every game sooner or later will be painful and frustrating. Thanks to widely used gold ammo that has a lot better penetration (still not doomsday weapon stuff), skilled players wolfpacking in medium platoons and wrecking all clueless players on the map. What is more terrifying - players. Players are so bad. o so bad and so frustrating to play this game and give your best efforts when half of team MOST of the time are throwing away the game. It is like cleaning beautiful painting on the wall from pigeon crap while pigeons are still crapping during process. Best way would be to shoot all those pigeons or block them from accessing but it is impossible for sole reason - those things give so much money to this game that company values sacrifices common sense over more £$.

Do not play this game if you are looking for something fun in a long run. There are thousands, THOUSANDS of better games worthy your money and time. It is addictive game. Jut like any other shooter. This game is no strategy game. All strategy involves going to he same parts of the map doing the same and fighting against outdated mechanics.

Game engine is outdated;
    Game mechanics are stupid (tank is invisible 100m away from you in open space if it has good camo skill);
    Players are like a zombies - kids, drunk people or just clueless;
    Game suffers from constant running bots;
    WarGaming does not care about improving;
    Same few maps for over 5 years;
    They balance game by making tanks unplayable or cutting off everything it was fun about it;
    It is addictive as hell even if it is frustrating as hell.

Just... go for Armored Warfare game or something...
  24. Feb 9, 2015
    The game is very good and fun, But the fact that so many "pay to play-players" have used money to get all there high tier tanks. totally ruins the game. :(
  25. Feb 6, 2015
    Okay, the game concept itself is very promising and in my opinion this game filled a gap and was developed at the right time. Many shooter like Counterstrike and so on rely on fast reaction times and have a very hectic gameplay. WoT is different in that way, that you do not need fast reaction times and the game could be more relaxing. In my opinion this is the basement of the success ofOkay, the game concept itself is very promising and in my opinion this game filled a gap and was developed at the right time. Many shooter like Counterstrike and so on rely on fast reaction times and have a very hectic gameplay. WoT is different in that way, that you do not need fast reaction times and the game could be more relaxing. In my opinion this is the basement of the success of this game.

BUT: This game will annoy you very soon. It's a rage game. Just visit some streams on youtube or twitch and you will see how this game drives their players mad. You are not playing the game. The game is playing you.

It starts with the matchmaking which isn't a real match making. It just randomly selects players and throws them on the same map. So skilled player and bloody beginners are thrown in the same game. This is not fun for the skilled player nor for the beginner. I would say out of 10 games 4 are balanced and interesteing. The other 6 games you are either dominating the enemy team or just being overrun by them.

Additionally there are one kind of tanks (artillery), which behave completely different from the other tank classes. Just think of it, as a player in counterstrike which is able to select every 30 seconds an enemy player on the score board, who will be taken out of the match. In order to make this class not overpowered they have put some randomness on it. So the server decides, whether you take the enemey player out of the game or not. This is not fun and makes you sometimes mad, if you are playing a nice batlle with an enemey and someone just decides that you are "out".

Additionally the game has actually 200??? or 300??? different tanks and you have to know each one of them in order to find the weak spot, where you can shoot through. This is not fun, becaues the learning curve is very very long.

There are a lot of more points, where the developer intentionally decides to annoy you. I never ever played a game which is so luck based. There is definately some kind of learning curve and a skill based component in this game. But those "skill's" doesn't change anything at the outcome of most of the matches.
  26. Jan 21, 2015
    This game is absolutely awful!! Unless you are a masochist or get addicted for awhile (like I did) you won't play long and will eventually rage during almost every game. I am embarassed to admit that I have many thousands of games under my belt. The idea is sound and the gameplay is ok but the negatives far outweigh any positives. The developers are as brilliant as they are ruthless. IThis game is absolutely awful!! Unless you are a masochist or get addicted for awhile (like I did) you won't play long and will eventually rage during almost every game. I am embarassed to admit that I have many thousands of games under my belt. The idea is sound and the gameplay is ok but the negatives far outweigh any positives. The developers are as brilliant as they are ruthless. I have never played a more addictive game with the system of awards and new tanks tantalizingly just out of reach. But be prepared for the worst grinding of your life and you will quickly see that the gameplay mechanics are being manipulated steadily and cleverly to reduce win rates and encourage spending real money to improve your game performance. But don't dare to even raise this issue on WOT forums. You will be flamed by endless shills bashing you because you don't have enough games or enough statistics to properly "understand what is happening". Go to the forums and see for yourself. I am not normally a conspiracy buff but have casually researched this on the internet and found the kind of distribution of positive and negative reviews (outside of the WOT forums which are closely controlled) you see on metacritic... large numbers of glowing positives and large numbers of angry negatives with little in between. This peculiar distribution also argues for manipulation and suggest that the developers employ a very large number of shills to counter their critics wherever they pop up on the web. I am through playing this game and will never give another dime of my money to these Russian thugs. It's too bad because the concept is a good one and I have had a bit of fun in spite of the horrific flaws. Expand
  27. Jan 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. World of Tanks is great fun initially. You learn about the different tanks, crew skills, equipment, etc. as well as tactics and various map terrain. But as your skills improve and you reach higher tiers, the game consistency and match making get worse for random battles. This is really bad because by this time you have invested money and more importantly, time. Rather than matching for skill, the MM pits relatively new players with those having a huge competitive advantage. The games become grossly polarized, for example I now continuously get games where there is a 35% or less chance to win. This ruins your chance to gain valuable experience points and your overall rating. Worse, the game is preferential to certain players. Watch Quickybaby on YouTube and see how many 60% or higher chance to win games he gets. I now have over 15,000 battles and the game is just not fun anymore, which is too bad because I have spent a lot of time getting there. So, don't be like me, limit your play with this game and enjoy other MMOs that offer better matchmaking and are more enjoyable as you gain XP. Cheers!!! Expand
  28. Jan 16, 2015
    This game is fun to play, if you can ever manage to learn how to play it. Wargaming.net provides absolutely no useful instruction on how to play the game effectively, they teach you how to drive the tanks and shoot a gun but nothing more. They don't teach players any kind of skills that are required to play the game such as situational awareness or tactical analysis skills. And if aThis game is fun to play, if you can ever manage to learn how to play it. Wargaming.net provides absolutely no useful instruction on how to play the game effectively, they teach you how to drive the tanks and shoot a gun but nothing more. They don't teach players any kind of skills that are required to play the game such as situational awareness or tactical analysis skills. And if a player asks for help they are either bombarded by overly specific information that can overwhelm them or completely unhelpful jerks who just skullbash the new player for not learning how to play the game properly. And Wargaming.net only continues to encourage this by running events and adding new things to draw people in which leads to these new people running around without a clue trying to complete the new missions or achieve the bonuses being offered. World of Tanks is becoming little more then a tanks flavored bland run and gun game rather then a unique and fun thoughtful tactical game. Expand
  29. Jan 1, 2015
    its a fine game on the surface, but its mired with broken mechanics, its pay to win, and the community is probably the worst collective of terrible people you will ever meet.
  30. Jan 1, 2015
    Well, last I reviewed this game, I gave it a 9. Unfortunately things have changed for me since then. The game has fun mechanics and the tanks really feel like they should much of the time. However, you reach the top tiers and it just grinds to a halt. It takes forever to get the next tank and several of the high tier models you need to play through are annoying. That may well mean that youWell, last I reviewed this game, I gave it a 9. Unfortunately things have changed for me since then. The game has fun mechanics and the tanks really feel like they should much of the time. However, you reach the top tiers and it just grinds to a halt. It takes forever to get the next tank and several of the high tier models you need to play through are annoying. That may well mean that you need to spend fifty hours of gameplay working a tank you hate just to get to the next one and that's not ok. You can pay your way out of it but on high tiers that easily means paying 50€ if not more to convert the XP you need. For one tank.

When I drive my favourite tanks, I have fun, but getting on with the game from there isn't something I have the time or money to actually bother doing.
  31. Dec 24, 2014
    I've been playing this game for a long time. The game is the epitome of how to run a free to play game, and at the same time, why free to play games are killing video games in general.

It preys on users by coaxing them into a game that's fun. You spend some hours playing and think, "well, if I pay a little bit of money, I can get more xp and credits!" So, you invest a little of your hard earned cash, without really even knowing how to play the game skillfully yet. Since you don't really know what you're doing yet, the game is still fun though; so spending your money is worth it. Over a couple months, you start realizing certain things about the game...terrible things...but since you already invested your money and a great deal of time, it would be a waste of that money if you just gave the game up entirely, right? So you keep playing, and even invest more money. This is where you realize you've been duped. You have already invested enough money where it feels stupid to just give it up, but at the same rate...the game sucks. But since they've already snagged you, you still put in another 8k matches before re-asking yourself the question, "wtf am I still doing with this PoS installed??", play another 8k matches and rinse and repeat.

The biggest problem they have is balance. Granted, balancing in an MMO is not a trivial task, but Wargaming has shown they truly don't care. They have said on multiple occasions that matchmaking is not broken, and they will not do anything to fix it. But this isn't true. The problem is that you are either a tier 8 in a mostly tier 10 match, you have all the skilled players on one team, or worse yet: both. There is nothing more frustrating in the world to be in a mostly tier 10 match in a T28 (14 tier 10s, and your lonely T28), where the majority of your team sucks and thinks suicide is how you win, where your T28 is one of the slowest tanks in the game and can't relocate to help carry a bad team.

Grinding is such a chore in this game, because lower tier games you are almost certainly going to be on a bad team (understandably because they are new players), and as you get higher in tier, some players refuse to play anything other than tier 10 tanks because they are such big panzys that they refuse to be anything other than top tier. The majority of your grind will be tier 8-9 (the last two grinding tiers), and you will end up in a lot of tier 10 matches, in which some of those matches seem largely unfair. Frankly, WoT has a large enough community where they can do one of two things: skill-based matchmaking, or tier-based matchmaking where its a single tier spread. Having a 3 tier spread at launch made sense because of the smaller community, and lowering to 2 tier spread (what it is now) made more sense as the community grew, but at this point the community is massive so one of those two things has to be done, and it may even be possible to have tier-based matchmaking and a single tier spread, but I would be understanding if they only did one. I can wait a minute to get into a match. Either way, they choose to do nothing...

Their second biggest problem is the community. Like anywhere on the internet, people are generally jerk-offs and not only will not help you, but will go out of their way to troll you. They recently added a feature to disable in-game chat, which is hands down the only thing I've seen them implement that I was excited about. A lot of clans use the WN8 rating, which is understandable, to judge how good a player is in order to decide who gets into the clan. The problem with this is, if you don't have a 1800-2000 WN8 rating, you won't ever get into a good clan. My WN8 rating is considered between Good and Very Good, with normally my daily-weekly WN8 in the Unicum range. That being said, because I didn't have an overall WN8 that was Unicum, it means I could never get into any decent clans, and the only people I could play with were players that were far worse than me. Now, I'm no snob, but occasionally I would like to platoon up or do clan wars with players that I don't have to carry 9 matches out of 10. Because of how snobby the community is though, you can only get into a clan or platoon with good players if you are already a unicum.

Other than those two things, there are some minor (I say minor compared to what I've already mentioned, but probably wouldn't be minor in any other game) issues. Despite that there are only two severe problems I'm mentioning here, I'm still giving this game a 1 out of 10; this should say something about how massive these problems are. I hesitate even to say that, I may even enjoy this game if those two problems didn't exist. What I will say, is that the community in WarThunder is far more quiet in game, far less 'trollish', and I don't see the matchmaking issues that exist in WoT (at least not as sever as WoT has it), and I have not paid any money towards WarThunder, and I still prefer WarThunder; take that for what it's worth.
  32. Dec 21, 2014
    Absolute GARBAGE of a game.Very obvious it has been rerolled and rerigged for profit ONLY.Used to be fun but now it's just blatant crap.The admins especially in general chat aka Bruxihee is childish and unprofessional considering who pays his bills,WE DO.They will ban you for anything.DO NOT SPEND A DIME ON THIS FRUAD OF A PAYING GAME!!! Surprised the FBI has not done their research andAbsolute GARBAGE of a game.Very obvious it has been rerolled and rerigged for profit ONLY.Used to be fun but now it's just blatant crap.The admins especially in general chat aka Bruxihee is childish and unprofessional considering who pays his bills,WE DO.They will ban you for anything.DO NOT SPEND A DIME ON THIS FRUAD OF A PAYING GAME!!! Surprised the FBI has not done their research and shut them down!!! Expand
  33. Dec 18, 2014
    The Idea of the Game is good, and the Concept is well worked out but the Reality is a whole other Story. Poor to non existent MatchMaking, Nearly no Skill Required when you use P2W Ammo, some Premium-Tanks are way too powerful (looking at the E25) and the whole Tankgrinding makes it worse. (Especially when you don't pay 10€ per Month so we have P2W and P2P (Pay 2 Progress) )
    I'm playing
    I'm playing since the Closed Beta but now my Limits are reached...

When you are masochistic grab a friend or two, get something strong to drink and get ready for the Butthurt of your Life
  34. Dec 5, 2014
    0/10 would not bang, this mage is **** as fug, noone should play this game. This don't want to install. When ima trying to do something this game start calling me dickheacd,
    Love Kamil
  35. Dec 1, 2014
    You either love this game or hate it. This is a slower paced tactical, team oriented tank simulator. (This isn't call of duty with tanks)This game also has an emphasis on realism and grinding. Unlike Destiny (which forces you to grind through a **** randomly generated rigged loot system) this form of grinding is more "fair." In addition the actual tank battles are thrilling and the sheerYou either love this game or hate it. This is a slower paced tactical, team oriented tank simulator. (This isn't call of duty with tanks)This game also has an emphasis on realism and grinding. Unlike Destiny (which forces you to grind through a **** randomly generated rigged loot system) this form of grinding is more "fair." In addition the actual tank battles are thrilling and the sheer variety of tanks is astonishing (This goes beyond your typical WW2 game) allows for the lessening of the blow. Another thing to be aware of is the steep learning curve for some players as the game punishes you for taking a lone wolf approach, tackling an enemy head on without cover and missing shots. (This game HEAVILY EMPHASIZES ACCURACY.) In addition it is free to play so it won't hurt to try out the game.
    If none of what is mentioned appeals to you even a little bit you're probably not gonna like this game. (This game isn't meant for everyone and will take some patience to play.)
  36. Nov 26, 2014
    Excellent F2P game that I have spent more time on this year than any other game. It looks and plays like a top-tier game, and is perfectly viable as a free game. If you want a little more, then you can pay, but this does not detract from the free part of the game. Brilliant!
  37. Nov 22, 2014
    The game itself is very good, but the trimmings that come with it absolutely spoil it. It's free and at first seems very good, but then you start to notice things. The game allows modifications to the client software package with limitations based on an honor code, but tens of thousands of players abuse this. The players who abuse this are snobbish, rude, and look down on other players.The game itself is very good, but the trimmings that come with it absolutely spoil it. It's free and at first seems very good, but then you start to notice things. The game allows modifications to the client software package with limitations based on an honor code, but tens of thousands of players abuse this. The players who abuse this are snobbish, rude, and look down on other players. The moderators have absolutely no clue about the game. The Match Maker (MM) system is dysfunctional and favors certain players. It's a good game poorly executed. If you're a serious gamer I recommend passing this one by. Expand
  38. Nov 15, 2014
    This game is addicting. (To me, Sherlocks!) I'm not that good (I've only won 43.97% of my battles), but I've carried on. Don't say that I suck, I'm just average. I'm getting off track. Anyways, I like that you can customize your tanks, the game play is awesome (asides from the bots, team killers, & most low tier matches), I also like how you can go to team training, creating a server orThis game is addicting. (To me, Sherlocks!) I'm not that good (I've only won 43.97% of my battles), but I've carried on. Don't say that I suck, I'm just average. I'm getting off track. Anyways, I like that you can customize your tanks, the game play is awesome (asides from the bots, team killers, & most low tier matches), I also like how you can go to team training, creating a server or whatever it's called, & just having plain fun. I wish that you don't have to pay for repairments, ammo, & consumables.

To the haters out there, ya'll just suck at this game. 'Nuff said.
  39. Nov 3, 2014
    The game had so much potential, unfortunately the developers' Eastern European mentality was it's doom, which is basically the unwillingness to improve your service (or in this case: your game) if it's making a profit. WoT is definitely making a profit, so the devs conviniently ignore every single piece of constructive criticism or suggestions.

Grinding feels pointless after a certain

Grinding feels pointless after a certain tier, usually tier 6: from there, it just takes extremely long. Grinding is good when it's rewarding, when it's fun. But in WoT, grinding is not fun. You keep grinding and grinding until you finally unlock your next tank, but guess what, it's useless without upgrades. Slow, low firepower, low armor. Have fun grinding some more, until you have a slightly less useless tank, up until you max it out. THEN playing with that tank IS actually fun. But if that particular tank isn't your fetish, then chances are, you'll want the next one. And so the cycle of grinding continues.

The premium content is out of control. You can buy tanks for 60$, that have insane fire rate and mobility (hello E25, see you in hell), absurd armor and firepower (Löwe, IS-6, etc), and so on. Imagine how much fun it is to be killed by an overpowered premium tank. It's like the devs pummeling your face to the dirt, and then taking a **** on you as you lie on the ground helpless. I'm not overexaggerating, this is how it feels like. You died, just because someone paid more than you. Thanks.

The game itself is optimized very poorly. I play on my laptop, which has a decent GPU and a 3rd generation Inter i5 processor. Dead Space 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 2, they all run smoothly with 60-80 FPS on high/ultra settings. But not this ungodly slavic abomination of a tank game, since it maxes out around 40 FPS while everything is set to MINIMUM. I am playing with graphics straight out of 2002, but the framerate still drops sometimes. Interrestingly enough, 'Low' settings produce 30 FPS, 'Medium' caps at 25, 'High' at 20 and 'Maximum' at 10-15. Keep in mind, this is on a relatively small map with a few vehicles driving around. What the ****

The ingame economy it clearly geared towards spending real money. I am currently at Tier 7, with a few Tier 8 tanks researched, but I don't have enough money. Usually I earn 6-8K profit per battle if it's a good battle, and I currently have around 300K. I only need 2.100.000 more credits to buy a Tier 8, OR I can spend real money on gold or premium to get some money. So basically I need 300 good battles to get my Tier 8, but good battles are hard to come by, because of the matchmaking, which is horrible beyond reason. Another motivation from the devs for you, to spend money, so you won't be frustrated. I won't be spending money, because I don't like to be coerced into it, so **** off.

Lastly, the UI. It's lifeless, dull, boring and confusing. People wrote hundreds of suggestions about it on the forums, but as usual, they were ignored.

I don't recommend this game. If you really want to play with tanks, wait for Armored Warfare. At least it is being made by Obsidian, not a group of incompetent slavic chimps.
  40. Oct 20, 2014
    Ok, this will be my second review, after giving an extended second try at this game. To their credit, Wargaming has changed the awful matchmaking that threw tier 4 light tanks against tier 8 heavies. They have also nerfed some tanks heavily ( not any Russian ones though, surprise!). These nerfs are contentious at best, but not the worst thing about the game. To be fair, the worst thingOk, this will be my second review, after giving an extended second try at this game. To their credit, Wargaming has changed the awful matchmaking that threw tier 4 light tanks against tier 8 heavies. They have also nerfed some tanks heavily ( not any Russian ones though, surprise!). These nerfs are contentious at best, but not the worst thing about the game. To be fair, the worst thing about the game is not actually the devs fault - the players are the worst thing about this game. It's like the devs have crafted a mecca for morons, the cognitive abilities of the majority of players is such that you are surprised they manage to cross the road without getting killed.
    There is a lot of tunnel vision, with most players ploughing forward regardless of whether there is a friendly tank in front of them, desperately trying to backtrack to cover after getting hammered. They don't stop going forward, they just don't. Whole flanks are ignored, it's like the left (or right) doesn't exist - how they walk without going round in circles is a matter for science to investigate.
    Teamkilling is frequent, often at the end of the battle when there are no more enemies and you sit back with pride at how you played the round - BOOM!, dead by teammate.
    Others will push you out of your carefully chosen hiding place and into the firing line of the tank you have almost killed and need one more shot on - BOOM!, dead.
    The zombie apocalypse has arrived, and they are all playing World Of Tanks.
    Avoid.
  41. Oct 15, 2014
    Played since close beta and quitting the game, currently at ASIA server. i just list things wrong with WOT: still borked matchmaker, gold sink tanks (tanks that difficult to play to make you pay), accuracy buff and armor buff that favors russian tanks much, fantasy tanks, bots, racist players, cheating mods (modifications not moderators lol).
  42. Oct 15, 2014
    WoT can be a fun game with friends... so what justifies this note of 4/10 ?

1/ It comes with several design flaws. Some very basic game mechanics are dead wrong. How the artillery works, how the different "classes" of tanks are supposed to interact with each others, how the map stimulate tactics, how risks vs rewards is managed, all these are wrong. I would go as far as to say
    WoT can be a fun game with friends... so what justifies this note of 4/10 ?

1/ It comes with several design flaws.

I would go as far as to say that the very low level of actual thoughts, and care, devoted to such critical elements of gameplay, is a real testimony to the low level of education and interest of the designers.

2/ Breach the most basic rule of gaming

Every player meeting on a gaming field must abides by the same rules. Only him and how he evolves in-b
    etween a specific set of rules must determine victory.

In World of tanks, a player is *punished* for doing good. Game is rigged to alter matchmaking and random number generator to actually lower your odds, the more you improve.

This is the total, complete and utter dumbest system ever, as it actually favor playing badly. Really... Duh ?!

3/ The developers are... special

Yes, Wargaming is a bad company, not EA level of bad, but close.

They are *extremely* greedy even by "F2P" standards
    They use tax haven in Cyprus
    One of their lead developper is the infamous SerB
    They may joke on that but they show a constant love for stalinism
    They have a complete disdain for european customers (and people from EU in general)

You should think about these things before giving these people your money.

So all in all, 4/10, and do not give gold (€€) to them.
  43. Oct 14, 2014
    I enjoyed the game and spent real money on premium items and time, then had a customer service issue that was handled incredibly poorly. I abandoned my premium content and will not support any company with such abysmal customer "service"
  44. Oct 14, 2014
    The Worst mmo i have ever played.! Period. Non existing matchmaking or the worst, Premium ammo & Prem Tanks Op vehicles, terrible support " i mean terrible". Constantly nerf not op vehicles. WORST RNG EVER.!!! Its seriously nerve racking, if u value your time stay the hell away from it.! Seriously Wargamming couldnt have screw this game more.! i am amazed.!This game would be terrible evenThe Worst mmo i have ever played.! Period. Non existing matchmaking or the worst, Premium ammo & Prem Tanks Op vehicles, terrible support " i mean terrible". Constantly nerf not op vehicles. WORST RNG EVER.!!! Its seriously nerve racking, if u value your time stay the hell away from it.! Seriously Wargamming couldnt have screw this game more.! i am amazed.!This game would be terrible even if some1 payed y to play it! If u think i am wrong yr welcome to try it! Expand
  45. Oct 13, 2014
    World of Tanks is a game that takes time, the player must expect to spend days and days on end to play this game. Long grinds encounter into endless hours of fun, from the smallest of tanks at tier 1 to the big derp guns on top.
    The graphics are always improving as the updates come, and the gameplay is good.
    This is an extremely fun and addictive game, but do be prepared to spend a lot
    This is an extremely fun and addictive game, but do be prepared to spend a lot of money and time on this game
    8/10 - Ben Hazelden
  46. Oct 6, 2014
    This game has a ton of issues. The lack customer service. They rely on a automated system that continually tags people that do nothing wrong, and customer service dose nothing to fix the issues WHEN you have one. It is a fail game .
  47. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like the game in general but it's ALOT of issues still example if you new don't count of being but whit newbies you will probably end up whit the best players in the game and lose.
    The only good I have to say about this is the look nothing more, the looks of the game and the canon fire but other then that this score should be at 0.
    This game is just about grinding.

Ps. if you are like me willing to play for stats and win-rate and so on DON'T play this game.
  48. Sep 29, 2014
    realy boring and grindy game, take ages to get new tanks that then are junk and not much different from each other, i would recomend playing battlefield 3-4 instead those are much beter and good looking games and beter engine, wot uses only single core, and it is pay to win
  49. Sep 29, 2014
    Its a brilliant game if you understand the mechanics of how it actually works. If however you understand nothing apart from the ins and outs of Hello Kitty Adventure world this game is not for you. Although people seem to think that its pay to win it isnt. Its a massive grind if you are a welfare warrior but this pays off with patience because you learn so much about the individual rolesIts a brilliant game if you understand the mechanics of how it actually works. If however you understand nothing apart from the ins and outs of Hello Kitty Adventure world this game is not for you. Although people seem to think that its pay to win it isnt. Its a massive grind if you are a welfare warrior but this pays off with patience because you learn so much about the individual roles of the game. I Beta tested this game. Sometimes its completely infuriating. Other times its amazing. For me it gets 10/10 Expand
  50. Sep 12, 2014
    World of Tanks is an arcade armored warfare game. With main battle tanks fighting each other along with tank destroyers, light tanks, artillery, and medium tanks. Progression is reasonably fast and fun in the lower tiers. After tier 5 the excitement and progression slows. It is a FREE TO PLAY game and with this comes several game breaking features. Including the "premium tanks" or buyingWorld of Tanks is an arcade armored warfare game. With main battle tanks fighting each other along with tank destroyers, light tanks, artillery, and medium tanks. Progression is reasonably fast and fun in the lower tiers. After tier 5 the excitement and progression slows. It is a FREE TO PLAY game and with this comes several game breaking features. Including the "premium tanks" or buying into higher tiers with free experience along with the ability to buy premium time. The graphics and maps are decent and almost and PC can run this game. The tanks themselves are good with each tank having its own strengths and weaknesses. The main problem with World of Tanks is the community. As more and more people play this game the community has devolved into constant arguments in chat and rage. I would recommend this game to anyone who loves armored warfare or tanks in general. Just turn the chat off and don't look at the forums. Expand
  51. Aug 31, 2014
    The game itself wouldn't be too bad, but the retarded automatic suspension system completely ruins it. It only takes into consideration the amount of reports you have. If enough butthurt noobs report you because you owned them, you're automatically banned for a day. No investigation, nothing, just instant ban.
  52. Aug 23, 2014
    Review Vaild For World of Tanks version 9.3

Reviewer time spent in game: 10200 battles. Background:- World of Tanks was the first tank based arcade style shooter game of it's type produced and developed by Belarusian Game developers War Gaming. World of tanks focuses on tank warfare from 1925 to early Cold War period. Review:- Let me first start with the positives about
    Review Vaild For World of Tanks version 9.3

Reviewer time spent in game: 10200 battles.

Background:-

Review:-

Let me first start with the positives about World of Tanks (WOT). The game has huge variety of historic and prototype light, medium & heavy tanks as well as SPG's, TD's. all these tanks are customizable to varying extents. further more extra equipment can be mounted to tip your tanks to the players preferred play style. The majority of tank mdeols can be obtained through grinding. there are also usually regular updates every 1.5 months.

I'm afraid as i sit here scratching my head these are the only good points i can think of for this game...

So onto the disappointing aspects of the game of which there are many so I shall bullet point but elaborate where I feel necessary.

~ Very old game engine. WoT uses the Big World game engine which was developed 1999. Yes that's right WoT is using a game engine that is nearly 15 years old (all be it heavily modified).

This is WOT main problem and many of my point will come back to this. There is only so much you can flog an exhausted horse and teach it new tricks. Even a small amount of time spent in the game will make it apparent the cracks are really starting to appear as this old game engine struggles to manage everything it is being asked to do. Havok physics engine will be put into the game soon however this will be equivilent of giving a nackered car a paint job.

~ Poor optimization. This is strongly linked with the above point. WoT is only optimized to utilize one CPU. Also with the game engine being so old it doesn't produce graphics as efficiently as newer engines do.

~Premium/Gold/P2W Ammo. In WoT you have the option to buy ammo that gives the player a significant boost in armour penetration and can be obtained for Premium gold currency or a large amount of in-game credits.

The only option a player has to consistently be able to use this ammo is to buy it with gold or buy a premium account so they get a credit boost to be able to afford it. A regular F2P player would never be able to use this for long without going broke. In my book this constitutes giving a player a large advantage over another and is only really a viable option for players willing to spend real money which adds the element of P2W to WoT

~Poor Matchmaking. The MM can and regularly will put players against much superior vehicles .This is linked to premium ammo as War Gaming know if player are matched these vehicles they can either 1. be cannon fodder and die or 2.buy premium ammo so the player at least has a small chance. This inevitable leads to a lot of player furstartion at being effecivly pointless in a match.

~Corridor maps and generally poor map design due to poor game mechanics as explained below. Maps have recently been scrubbed of most of their vegetation leading to very boring uninterrupted bare solid 3D free formed maps. Its a shame WG are so scared of opening up to the community as there are some incredible map designers out there, But from posts ive seen WG are worried they will in some way lose out financially by letting the community contribute to the game.

~Poor game mechanics and Random Number Generator. Again this is linked with an old out of date game engine that physically cannot achieve what players and developers want to do resulting in tanks being invisible in open fields, large calibre guns bouncing off paper thing armour, supposedly inaccurate guns having laser precisions and accurate guns being the opposite.

~ Lack of tutorial. WoT from some reason has the largest base of inept players I have ever seen in an MMO. I personally don't think is game is difficult to grasp, even the poor game mechanics which are all nicely explained in videos and on the WoT wiki. However it is clear a much more in-depth tutorial is needed inside the game.

~ Lacking graphics. Yet again this is due to old game engine and optimization. Although I don't think a game requires state of the art graphics to be good. For the amount of system power this game requires to run on maximum settings vs the outputted result it is very poor.

~Bots,AFK'ers and hackers/ cheaters. Yes WoT does have them although regardless of what WG says. WG refuse to do anything about Bot and AFK'er as WG maks a large amount of income from them while also keeping sever player count high. There are also a large amount of client side manipulation hacks ... sorry mods as they are called in WoT and its virtually impossible to tell if a player is hacking with the poor game mechanics as they are.

Conclusion WoT WAS a great game, 4 years ago, but is now looking old and outdated with competitors finally appearing I wouldn't recommend investing your time or money grinding in this game.
  53. Aug 20, 2014
    The more I played, the worse it feels. Also with many of its newer versions, WOT becomes worse. After spending tons of time & money in it, I deleted the whole thing together with my account.

It's getting worse, not because the developers are stupid, but they're too smart - they simply try to get more $ out of players' pocket, & don't care the rest. Some of the worst problems I can't stand: 1. It keeps on pushing out new s/w versions, which one has to upload or won't be able to play. In these new versions, many times some of the most fun tanks got nerfed, i.e. not playable any more. So you have to spend more $ & time to buy premium tanks & train crews. 2. Premium tanks get too much advantage over other players. Not fair. 3. Some of the players are just a_holes, AFK the whole game, or so stupid. But the game won't do anything about it. There are "reports" that one can file during the game. But it's totally useless. Also, the game gives one the ability to add another player on a personal black list. But that list is so short that it's a joke. Any way, now I have much better things to do than playing the stupid WOT.
  54. Aug 20, 2014
    Game is actually fun at the beginning, but

1) It's DAMN expensive, you're going nowhere without a premium account and gold, and grinding is long and horrible 2) The real turnoff is the player base. If you pay attention to the chat, 95% of messages are insults coming from players frustrated by the horrible grinding (read above) and thinking everyone other than themselves are
    Game is actually fun at the beginning, but

2) The real turnoff is the player base. If you pay attention to the chat, 95% of messages are insults coming from players frustrated by the horrible grinding (read above) and thinking everyone other than themselves are responsible for the current defeat. And not talking about trolls that kill some team mates just because they're bored. Then there are the bots, but at least they're polite and don't kill or insult anyone of the mates :)

3) There is a "complain" button that is totally useless, as you can see the same bots and the same trolls always around.
  55. Aug 19, 2014
    This game is made of unrighteous randomness which is a point most awful to me. Random game means you enter the game by senseless match maker and there is a large chance you will be suffered by your own team. Like 5 games in a row you played the best in your team but congrats you loose all 5 games! Why should this ever happen in a game that you played best but mostly lose? well, this isThis game is made of unrighteous randomness which is a point most awful to me. Random game means you enter the game by senseless match maker and there is a large chance you will be suffered by your own team. Like 5 games in a row you played the best in your team but congrats you loose all 5 games! Why should this ever happen in a game that you played best but mostly lose? well, this is called RANDOM.

There are even more randoms that can piss people off like tanks randomly disappear right in front of empty lands from your eyes and kills you just because this freaking mechanics of spotting range so in certain tanks you are blind in like 300 meters and the other tanks can be invisible to kill you.

That was two points of insanity in the freaking game. Many mores like ghost shots you shoot and your shots disappear in 50 meters and can't see even a shell trace, others like over calculated angled armor that generally give bonus to Soviet weak armored but large angled tanks. Seriously angling bug. Like 17cm E100 shots 299mm AP penetration can't go through freaking is8 100 mm angled armor in many times. Wtf has the angle added to the armor? And many more like instant move, tanks jump at long range when at 50 ms ping.

Its a completely senseless game of Randomness, and many Russian bias. Only if you don't mind getting killed and lose by all those stupid mechanics this game might be for you.
  56. Aug 14, 2014
    (WoT veteran wright this to us)! Score 6. Mixed.
    If you look reality of this game, is free to install and download from internet..,but then..
    The developers makes this game before it relased 2.years ago,and did it smart...against you. the game has 10 tier stage tanks in technology three-for all nations about 70 vehicles. first 5 stage tanks are for free basicly other 5 your game
    (WoT veteran wright this to us)! Score 6. Mixed.
    first 5 stage tanks are for free basicly other 5 your game economy can't support you with silver
    the game has economy that does not support you with silver for rapair your destroyed tank in battle so current long story short,-you need to buy gold!the golden word., with real money.so you must constantly have premium account and atleast 1 premium tier VIII. tank..witch cost about 100$ to play this game against economy that is puts on russian way on you die or pay.
    in my personal opinion i dont like to play this game at all but a played a lot. for one reason that they going for, i like collect stuf special tanks we all natural like!we are human so they goes on that weak point.i like only their look of tanks and look of garage explosions and sound of real tanks you seek else where or you will be in circle of death.
  57. Aug 9, 2014
    World of Tanks have Issues. The concept and trailers of the game look like its an awesome tank-em up. However, its not. I got the game because I wanted to fight in a WW2 era tank as Russians against some real German tanks from WW2. But, that NEVER happened as I had to grind my way up Half the tiers just to get the iconic tanks such as T-34s and KV-1's, and then I was playing against otherWorld of Tanks have Issues. The concept and trailers of the game look like its an awesome tank-em up. However, its not. I got the game because I wanted to fight in a WW2 era tank as Russians against some real German tanks from WW2. But, that NEVER happened as I had to grind my way up Half the tiers just to get the iconic tanks such as T-34s and KV-1's, and then I was playing against other tanks from all the nations, and some tanks were never even developed from blue prints. Also, im constantly put up against higher tiers and its just not fun. The mechanics are awful, The tanks feel like there on wheels and none of them have any weight. The hit point system is off, and the worst feature about the game is line of sight. It took me 1 year of Solid game play (over 150 hours) to get to a tier 5. One time, on YouTube, I saw the closed beta for war thunder ground forces, and I was hyped for that. When it came open beta, world of tanks looked like a 'just a released early access' for a arcade tank game. I realized how bad world of tanks is. There are a few good points, however. You can play world of tanks on very poor PC, and the Penetration system is also quite accurate, although the 'lower glaciers' week spot on most tanks is un-realistic. The HD on tanks world of tanks look gorgeous, and the wheels moving on the HD tanks are perfect. However, I don't recommend this game, get war thunder instead. Expand
  58. Aug 4, 2014
    fun to play for a bit until about tier 5 (out of 10/11/12 depending on the type of tank) after that unless you pay your going no where fast as the XP and money gain doesn't increase as you level up like every good game does I.e. it does what a pay to play is expected to do; it gets you hooked then makes it impossible to carry on and have fun without forking out.
  59. Jul 31, 2014
    you cant advance in the game when people hack to go invisible and get free gold, and they get free experience by hacking too. the honest person is spending hard earned money only to have it dissolved by cheaters and hackers that don't spend a dime, how can you go into battle and fight someone that is invisible and can shoot through walls. you can be sitting in one spot and not see anythingyou cant advance in the game when people hack to go invisible and get free gold, and they get free experience by hacking too. the honest person is spending hard earned money only to have it dissolved by cheaters and hackers that don't spend a dime, how can you go into battle and fight someone that is invisible and can shoot through walls. you can be sitting in one spot and not see anything on the radar , then get blew up by an enemy tank that was sitting beside you and you couldn't see him. its not fair and its dishonest to the ones who pay only to have it taken away by hackers. the designers of this game should take affirmative action against these hackers, and ban them. people like myself that enjoy this game need to group together and try to fix these problems so we can play an honest game. when you go into a real war you cant go invisible. a war is based on strategy and knowledge not cheating. this game could be awesome if it weren't for cheaters. take this from a disabled vet , i should know I've been there. i was a commanding officer of an M1 Abrams. Expand
  60. Jul 29, 2014
    Nice game!!! A realistic war II tank game!!
    Every language can be transformed in the game.
    Tanks included in T1 to T10 bring different fun for me . Love it!!!
  61. Jul 26, 2014
    About 95% of your time spent in World of Tanks will be grinding away to unlock your next tank, unless you want to invest your life's savings into one of many premium options to achieve an edge over your opponents. In addition to this obvious pay-to-win game structure, the game play itself can be insanely frustrating if you aren't very experienced. I can safely say that the community is oneAbout 95% of your time spent in World of Tanks will be grinding away to unlock your next tank, unless you want to invest your life's savings into one of many premium options to achieve an edge over your opponents. In addition to this obvious pay-to-win game structure, the game play itself can be insanely frustrating if you aren't very experienced. I can safely say that the community is one of the worst I have ever run into, and that the developers don't really seem to care about the opinions of the players at all.
    Additionally, be prepared to be branded as a trashy player by your teammates, as some among them will have installed XVM, which allows them to view your average win ratio. It is not uncommon to see an XVM user abandon the match before it even starts due to his mod predicting a low chance of his winning the match.

Yet despite all this, I have (on occasion) really enjoyed myself playing World of Tanks, and not necessarily when I'm winning. Certain aspects of the game can be very rewarding, and the in-game models and terrain are surprisingly pretty. Some of the tanks, especially the Russian ones (I wonder why...) are especially fun to play, even for new players.

Despite it's many (obvious) negatives, I can tentatively recommend World of Tanks. Just don't waste any money on it; trust me when I say, it is NOT worth it.
  62. Jul 22, 2014
    World of tanks is on patch 9.1 and they still have not figured out the basic mechanics of the game. Their servers are total crap causing lag spikes, complete freezes to the game, and frequent disconnects. Their chat moderators are petty, allowing friends to violate the EULA but severely punishing players outside their circle for doing the same. The mechanics of the game are ruled by RNGWorld of tanks is on patch 9.1 and they still have not figured out the basic mechanics of the game. Their servers are total crap causing lag spikes, complete freezes to the game, and frequent disconnects. Their chat moderators are petty, allowing friends to violate the EULA but severely punishing players outside their circle for doing the same. The mechanics of the game are ruled by RNG which not only influences hitting, but also damage, spotting, splash, etc, making the game far more about luck than about skill. There are too many ways to cheat the system, and finally, with the reduction in credit earning has made a "free to play" game all but impossible to play for free. Expand
  63. Jul 13, 2014
    Well, I dont know where to start, in this game there are too many dumb noobs who dont know how to play and the chance of winning is very low. Only if you play with the greatest players. The developer of this game sucks aswell. It makes promisses of bonus codes if you watch a dumb stream of them. You only get a few codes with 50-100 gold.

When I played this game for the first time it was

When I played this game for the first time it was great, you had a few countries with enough tanks and each tank class had his own tier what makes it fun. Now, you have a few stupid tanks who can kill a tank with a single shot. Then you have another dumb german tank and that's a autoloader who can shot you to zero with a couple hits. Months later they decided to change the damage of the tanks.

This game is not fun anymore because there are too many countries with their own tanks, tanks will be nerfed and removed. (like T-50-2) Graphics will be **** up after a few patches. War gaming promisses a lot of things like HD models and other stuff. No we are a few updates further and still we have a couple HD models tanks. They plan was to make all tanks HD.

In my opinion don't play this game because you lose almost every game and the developer sucks.
    My English is not so well, I made this comment fast.
  64. Jul 7, 2014
    The good: imagery, motion graphics...very realistic.
    The good: imagery, motion graphics...very realistic.
    Why I'm deleting this waste of 7 GB memory from my hard drive: Very first battle, my vehicle is lightly shaded. Different color vehicle races by. Different color on planet earth means "the other side," aka, enemy. WOT never got that memo. I aim, fire. WOT says, "You hit it!" Round 2 hits home. WOT says, "You pierced the armor!" (or whatever). Both comments intoned with a laudatory sense. Feeling pretty good about my marksmanship, line up round 3 and shoot. "You killed a friendly! Your account suspended for one day!"

If it's tank warfare, fine. If it's Nanny-care for people without a life who are full of mommy issues and play from mommy's basement, then call it that. I'm done. There simply will not come a day when some piece of garbage program has that level of control over my life or my spare time.
  65. Jun 27, 2014
    World of Tanks is one of those games that is novel and fun to play for a while but you quickly begin to ask yourself why you keep at it. Sure, driving history's most renowned tanks around and blowing things up is fun. The shooting system of the game is incredibly well done with believable gun dispersion and inclusion of details like the fact that armor effectiveness increases with angle.World of Tanks is one of those games that is novel and fun to play for a while but you quickly begin to ask yourself why you keep at it. Sure, driving history's most renowned tanks around and blowing things up is fun. The shooting system of the game is incredibly well done with believable gun dispersion and inclusion of details like the fact that armor effectiveness increases with angle. This allows for fun little tricks like angling the hull of your vehicle to turn ordinarily tough armor to invincible. Shot leading also factors in on moving targets and you had better stop or at least slow down to take a shot because there isn't any run and gun in this game. The tank armor models are also well-refined allowing for the little guy to pin the bullies up if he knows what he is doing.

But that aside, the variation of the game is incredibly limited with its few game types and virtual lack of meta games. This isn't even mentioning the time requirement for each game which often is often lengthy with its hurry up and wait style of gameplay. This can be attributed to many factors but most of all (and sadly) the game's core mechanics like the ultra-long range mega-damage artillery, chance-based spotting rather than continual sight of targets, and camouflage system, all of which strongly encourage camping. That all i can actually stomach.

What I principally took issue with was how World of Tanks seems to think its players want to spend literally months getting those big bully tanks. The level of grinding is game isn't even rivaled by World of Warcraft if that is believable. Managing your bankroll is also a huge chore which forces you to play tanks you would rather not just because they make money. Tanks also start in virtually unplayable configurations that leave you out the money for at least the first 50 or so games in it until you can upgrade them. Anything past the mid-level tanks will always leave you out the money which significantly saps the fun out of playing them. And good luck ever getting a max level tank. You'll be spending $50 minimum on the premium tanks to keep your expenses in the black and you'll have to drop out of school and/or quit work if you want to get one in under 6 months.

Of course if you like that kind of slow progression and those extended management exercises, World of Tanks has plenty of that. What ultimately ferreted my resignation from its servers was the bugs, the glitches, and the downright unpolished, unfinished hackwork that was the game's patching system. Tanks get added on a such a regular basis its dizzying. You lose track of which one is which. Meanwhile, the matchmaker still makes no record of player ability resulting in many landslide games; one side of a map is heavily favored resulting in more forgone conclusions; and preexisting tanks fall into disuse because they are inappropriately tiered or because the new ones do everything better anyways.

Furthermore I've had shots literally pass through tanks without incident; I've been hurled out of the map; I've had client crashes that cost me the game; and these all occurred with a frequency that makes counting inane. The most grievous of all the sins of this game though - the patcher didn't even work. Every time I downloaded a patch, it would corrupt my install and force me to redownload the entire 10 gb game - NOT OKAY!
  66. Jun 20, 2014
    good game good graphics after 9.0 update!
    but match making should be fixed
    team mates are very bad out of 15 only 5 are cooperative rest all are noobs! and they dont even support or listen to you
    and pay to win
    match making is very bad most of times after match making gets fixed it will be better game
  67. Jun 7, 2014
    Good fictional gameplay, nice selection of tanks, upgrades, decent graphics and sound. The game is ridden with bugs and glitches, which developers don't seem in a hurry to fix. many parts of mechanics are just pure fiction, and some tanks are completely taken out of the historical fiction area.
    But it's not the worst. The community is absolutely bunch of kids. You'll experience nothing but disappointment with strong language comments, blames, and hipocrisy in game and on the forums. The devs made it hard to complain, to keep the player numbers high.
    The matchmaking is bugged as well, you'll be shooting targets which you can't penetrate, not even in their weakest point, yet they can kill you in one shot. Yep, the Tier 10 tanks are so powerful, and all other tiers matched together with them, are just there to keep them happy.
  68. Jun 6, 2014
    Free to play - Pay2win game, poorly balanced tanks, bad optimized, full of bugs, devs dont listen players, endless grind.
    This is one of the most greedy "Free to play" games around.
    NO THANKS
  69. May 24, 2014
    That game is a good game, the problem are the players...
    There are too many nooobs playing that game nit knowing what the word tactic means....
    Very sad!!!
  70. May 21, 2014
    I've been playing WOT since the 5.6 update and i know this much:
    I've been playing WOT since the 5.6 update and i know this much:
    it has surprised me how difficult and demanding this game is to play but in a good way,grinding a tank can be slow but unlocking the new shiny beast can give a sense of accomplishment, killing opposing tanks is often difficult making it quite satisfying to bring down their monster with your tiny tank, you might also be surprised by how enjoyable setting someone else tank alight or hitting their ammo rack is and the maps and tanks are constantly changing and flowing always being tweaked to improve gameplay soo the same map may not be the same over multiple updates.

Thats the end of the pros anyway some of the cons include nut are not limited to
    VERY VERY hard learning curve---most tanks have a unique playstyle and usually wont perform well outside said style unless piloted by a skilled player.
    No respawn----with limited tanks on field any mistake is quite costly and other player will insult you for your mistakes.
    Community----some players are just tools, either your not as 'perfect' as them (while they die in the first minute its all your fault still)or make a mistake they do feel at home degrading other players.
    Battle tiers----great idea and they have really worked on this one too, soo currently they are slightly unfair but not terrible like some of the mainline FPS your tank is no longer pitted against impossible foes but ones you need to think about before engaging.

Overall this is a fantastic game that gets a bad rap sometimes because of poor player capability or general understanding of the game.
    After my 11k battles and the collective 800k battles of my peers(who asked me to review) this game CAN be tedious but it can also be awesome fun too
  71. May 21, 2014
    There is one thing you have to keep in mind when reading all the reviews: the game changes. Years ago there was a type of ammo that could hurt others more easyly, it was only avaivable for the real-money "gold". now on the other hand its actually avaivable for the normal in-game currency. it is expensive as heck though, so everyone has like 2 or 3 shots for bad situations with him butThere is one thing you have to keep in mind when reading all the reviews: the game changes. Years ago there was a type of ammo that could hurt others more easyly, it was only avaivable for the real-money "gold". now on the other hand its actually avaivable for the normal in-game currency. it is expensive as heck though, so everyone has like 2 or 3 shots for bad situations with him but usually doesnt use them because he would lose money like crazy. the "historical accuracy" isnt there, so what? how is it supposed to make fun when you cant kill a german tank no matter what you do? when stuff is completely OP and out of control? WOT is in a permanent process of buffing and nerfing so things that are to good get worse and things to bad get better. the onlya thing avaivable for real currency only is a premium account that just givey you some extra XP and money, as well as some tanks. those tanks though arent better than others. they are usually a lot worse. they are only good for making money because they make a lot more of that. of course some premium tanks are good, but then again so are the other tanks of their level. for those who want historical accuracy there is actually a mode called "historical battles". there the germans are actually really a lot stronger than the other tanks, but they have less players in their team. so its like 9 americans against 4 strong germans. now what are the downsides? first of all the players. it is annoying as hell to read the chat if you actually do that because of spamming, cursing and noob here and noob there. also: this game is no-respawn. this means, that if your team has no idea what it does and just goes to die you are screwed. the second point is the matchmaking system. there are 10 tiers in the game with 10 being the highest with the huge tanks. most tanks from tier 3 on can have to battle tanks tier 5 though if they are unlucky. this has made absolutely no sense to me even after all the hours I played this. these tanks often dont have a chance in that situation. the final con is, that grinds can be very very long to get to the next tank. and from tier 8 on you start losing money due to repair and ammo cost rather then gaining any. all in all I can only say: only look at reviews seriously that arent older than half a month because this game changes quickly. to me its been a hell lotta fun for hundreds of hours. Expand
  72. May 12, 2014
    This games absolutely a 10/10, and it's totally addicting. I've spent well over 1000 hours on this game. I consider it more of a sport because of all the talent it takes to actually be good in this game. There's so much skill to it.

Check it out, you definately won't regret it. This game is super popular for a reason.
  73. May 7, 2014
    Game play is okay and addicting. Horrible customer support and attitude towards customers. "Support" at WG means they support any ridiculous action by a moderator and refuse to actually help a player. Any criticism towards WG is sanctioned with bans.

For instance, WG recently was blaming a routing issue where players in the U.S. trying to connect to the east coast server located in the D.C. area where being routed through Tokyo. WG tried to blame that on Comcast, yet Comcast had no knowledge of any of this happening and acted like people were crazy for bringing it up. When, during a discussion related to the issue, another player said, I understand that is being caused by Comcast, my response of "That's just WG passing the blame on elsewhere" was immediately removed as non-constructive with a ban placed on communication privileges.
  74. May 5, 2014
    World of Tanks is a free-to-play, online PC arcade tank game featuring tanks and fabricated tanks from World War II. It has a good array of tanks to play. The game offers good customer service and average graphics. Poor match-making is a major weakness. There is high emphasis on rankings/stats. The community seems largely unhappy and unfriendly. The game has perhaps the most dyfunctional,World of Tanks is a free-to-play, online PC arcade tank game featuring tanks and fabricated tanks from World War II. It has a good array of tanks to play. The game offers good customer service and average graphics. Poor match-making is a major weakness. There is high emphasis on rankings/stats. The community seems largely unhappy and unfriendly. The game has perhaps the most dyfunctional, impolite and angry game community I've ever encountered. Perhaps it is because of the excessive emphasis on PVP competition and the aforementioned match-making issues or the rankings/stats emphasis. Suspicious win or loss streaks may appear to be a manipulation of match outcomes. This too may be a cause of the unhappiness of many players. To the game's credit there is good avoidance of "pay-to-win" aspects but at the same time the game includes big grinds that promote the "need" to pay. While it is not a simulator immersion is hurt by some strange game system mechanics that make identifying "cause and effect" difficult. But then, as stated, it is arcade. Presently World of Tanks is the only modern PC WWII tank game available which accounts for some of its appeal. However, it is not a good gaming experience overall. Expand
  75. May 5, 2014
    The fact is that the game decide already if you will lose or win. That's why you wont see anyone with win% higher than 70. and those who have high % are because they've made clan war. You can load a program and they give you the win stats on the games you will play, and it'a a lot of 30-40% win probability. This game suck because the makers can't put the correct balance on teams
  76. May 2, 2014
    World of Tanks is a free first person/third person shooter with tanks, there are ways of paying for things to make it easier to advance, but the game can be played absolutely free, with lots of contests and festivities that will, or might, grant you "gold"(the most uses it gets is buying premium time, which gets you +50% more credits per battle and +50% crew experience, and buying garageWorld of Tanks is a free first person/third person shooter with tanks, there are ways of paying for things to make it easier to advance, but the game can be played absolutely free, with lots of contests and festivities that will, or might, grant you "gold"(the most uses it gets is buying premium time, which gets you +50% more credits per battle and +50% crew experience, and buying garage slots and barracks enlargements). The game involves many skills: having reflexes like in any other popular FPS game, but it also involves a lot more tactic and planning. I think of it as a combination of chess and a shooting game would be the best way to describe it. The game offers tanks from many nations ranging from the 1930s to about the 1960s, with some model of tanks being totally speculative. The nations you can play, so far, are Germany, the Soviet Union, China, Great Britain, Japan, the United States of America and France, with more to be added in the following updates (and I'll note a part that I dislike: Nazi Germany, which of course doesn't get the historical flag, even got a ban on wartime German heroes, unlike the Soviet Union with Joseph Stalin and communist symbols). You start the game with tier 1 tanks, and progressively move up the technology tree(s) until you get to tier 10, and despite the name, there aren't only tanks(which can be light, medium or heavy), but also Tank Destroyers and (mobile) Artillery, each with a different role and purpose. The gameplay can differ dramatically from nation to nation, sometimes from tier to tier. It's not a newbie friendly game as it usually takes thousand of battles to form your battle "instincts", as I stated earlier, it's equally important to know how and when to shoot as it is to know where and how to go, positioning in this game can be the most important thing, depending on the role of your tank and the positions of your allies and enemies. The standard battles are 15 vs. 15(the game allows you to platoon with up to two friends if you so wish), with no nation versus nation, the match making only taking account of the battle tier of your specific tank(supposedly), this can lead up to teams being made up of vary bad players vs. teams with very good players, which is frustrating for most people(from personal experience the match making will also have "periods" of giving the player only bad teams, and it also "punishes" players that play a lot by giving them bad teams at one point, with the reason of not letting them "farm" win percentages(which doesn't make any sense to me as it punishes people that play their game). There are also many other single modes, and team modes(company battles, similar to random battles in size, but with handpicked teams; team battles, 7 vs. 7(where you can win as much credits as having a tier 8 premium tank, if you win of course, it's also the battle mode which is used in professional tournaments), and for people that want to belong in clans there are Clan Wars, also similar to team battles, but with tier 10(unless you want to give your team a disadvantage), and with a world map in which you can conquer provinces for gold and possibly other benefits. One should keep in mind that this is a game, and it's made to be balanced, tanks won't die from one hit, they have hit points, and lots of other factors to advantage people that use their brain for tactics and strategy. Overall this game is just "decent", neither bad or very good, so I can't give it more than 7 because the balance of the tanks isn't perfect(there always are some beasts that dominate the battlefield or 1 vs.1 encounters, such as the T18 for tier 2, KV-1S and Hellcat for tier 6, IS-3 and AMX 50 100 for tier 8, E-75 and ST-I for tier 9, WT auf E-100 for tier 10 etc.), the graphics aren't remarkable, the game doesn't support multicore computers(it just runs with a single core), the game modes aren't that enticing, except for team battles(which has a limitation to tier 8 max., no tanks above are seen unless it's a rare bug/exploit), the fact that it's not based on skill leads to the "balancing" of the tanks be set upon the mediocre/awful play of most players, which also leads to the teams being always more or less imbalanced, and the more imbalanced, the more frustration it generates to most of the players, it does however offer an interesting gameplay, the opportunity to use the brain on more than just reflex-type reactions and allows players to drive iconic tanks such as the Panzer IV, M4 Sherman, Tiger 1, T-34, IS etc. and for professional players it does end up giving them nice earnings, yet the developers still need to find a way to make said tournaments be attractive for larger audiences to watch AND understand what goes on the field of battle. Expand
  77. Apr 28, 2014
    The game is too much based on teamplay and there seems little effort for this within random matches.
    The graphics are not that stunning.
    The gameplay is slow, not a lot of action most of the time. As a tier 5 tank you get matched up against tier 8 tanks making you virtually useless. I honestly believe they can / could've made this game way better. If you like shooter games you
    The graphics are not that stunning.
    The gameplay is slow, not a lot of action most of the time.

I honestly believe they can / could've made this game way better.
    If you like shooter games you should NOT play this game as it's not skill-based at all but favors tactical gameplay which gets lost in overpowered and imbalanced tanks and teams.
  78. Apr 26, 2014
    I have played a number of online shooters and this is the most frustrating one of all and not a game that I will persist with any longer, despite the promise. I have tried to make this game work for over a year and 7000 matches, with a reasonable 52.2% win rate and WN7 and WN8 ratings of 'good' and tanks at all tiers and classes demonstrating that I can play this game with some competenceI have played a number of online shooters and this is the most frustrating one of all and not a game that I will persist with any longer, despite the promise. I have tried to make this game work for over a year and 7000 matches, with a reasonable 52.2% win rate and WN7 and WN8 ratings of 'good' and tanks at all tiers and classes demonstrating that I can play this game with some competence (you will see the need to make this claim below, this being a game where stats seem to matter a lot, sadly). There are times when this game is amazing, but they are overshadowed by the frustration of this game. The game is seriously flawed in a number of ways, making it difficult to consistently enjoy this, most enjoyment deriving from taking advantage of other's mistakes and most defeats being a result of skill/own mistakes plus game mechanics, chance and the complex nature of the game leading to an element of ineptitude from many players. The game relies on significant teamwork but the game mechanics and in particular the lack of any reasonable tutorial severely limit team-work. The deliberate element of chance built into the game ref damage per shot, penetration etc and the complicated nature of differing hit zones further frustrate. Add to this the fact that despite claims to the contrary, the ability to pay for better penetrating shells, permanent camo, equipment that assists accuracy/reload etc means there is an element of play to win. Add to all of this a quite nasty community in-game and on the forums, assisted by an amusingly elitist group of modders creating XVM, WN and the like that show all of your stats in-game, leading to less able players being insulted or told that they have lost the game for the team before it starts and you have something not worth playing. The tank genre needs someone else to come along and top this, learning from what went right and the many things that are wrong. Expand
  79. Apr 17, 2014
    I don't mind the boring grinding system that forces you to play to win, I don't mind the personal preferences of the developers about some particular tanks, I don't mind that some enemies are 2 tiers above you and are able to one shot you sky high, I don't mind the occasional lag...WHAT I DO MIND IS THE HORRIBLE BUGS AND ERRORS THAT THIS STUPID GAME HAS MOST OF THE TIME...here I was readyI don't mind the boring grinding system that forces you to play to win, I don't mind the personal preferences of the developers about some particular tanks, I don't mind that some enemies are 2 tiers above you and are able to one shot you sky high, I don't mind the occasional lag...WHAT I DO MIND IS THE HORRIBLE BUGS AND ERRORS THAT THIS STUPID GAME HAS MOST OF THE TIME...here I was ready to kill my 7th target tank, the scope was on and perfect set...than the game crashed for no reason to desktop, no warning , no nothing. The updates only makes the game unplayable. Expand
  80. Apr 15, 2014
    I started playing World of Tanks soon after it came out. At that time it truly was Pay 2 Win and the grinding was much worse than it is today. Because of the long grinds I stopped playing it for more than a year. Fortunately I wanted some tank action after that long pause and installed the game again.

The first thing I recognized is how different the game is now. They have made the grinds much faster, removed the Pay 2 Win aspect as you can buy premium ammo with regular credits (not real money), you can participate in mission for gold (premium cash) or additional tanks, tank slot, free equipment etc. They have improved the graphics, added the physics and more importantly, they are constantly adding new stuff to the game. New tanks, new modes, new maps... they are not taking a break, but constantly improving the game. It's a true F2P game that is constantly being improved.

This game is really fun if you play it alone, but it's even more fun if you play it in a team. Get into a clan and do battles for gold on the global map. This is why I am playing the game right now and intend to do so. I haven't bought 1 day of premium, yet have top tier tanks, use premium rounds and have plenty of money just from free playing. In fact, I made my first purchase with real money because of the changes they made in the game, that don't require constant money spending. I mostly bought new tanks slots.

Being in a clan, fighting clan wars, having a strategy, winning and losing and being a part of the action is great fun especially after a hard day of work.
  81. Apr 1, 2014
    vamos primeiro aos pontos positivos, o jogo apresenta uma otima qualidade de gameplay, graficos, conexçao, etc, porem ele te joga contra pessoas realmente viciadas, do tipo, voce morre com um tiro, ou o cara simplesmente te mata sem voce sequer ter visto, por isso eu acho que deveria avaliar as habilidades do jogador e colocar players com o mesmo nivel de habiliadade
  82. Mar 26, 2014
    This is a review i hate to write, but it is needed. I first played this game on the Xbox 360. I enjoyed the game to the point of where I decided to download it on the PC as well. I was amazed at the selection of tanks and just all the different things this game has to offer on the PC compared to the console, but sadly, this is where the amazement and excitement ended. I constantly foundThis is a review i hate to write, but it is needed. I first played this game on the Xbox 360. I enjoyed the game to the point of where I decided to download it on the PC as well. I was amazed at the selection of tanks and just all the different things this game has to offer on the PC compared to the console, but sadly, this is where the amazement and excitement ended. I constantly found myself playing against premium members, guys 3-4 levels above what i was, and so on. It doesn't matter if you are rolling in to battle with an upgraded medium tank, tank destroyer, light tank, and so on, if you are not a premium member with upgraded armor, ammunition, (and so on) then you will find yourself frustrated beyond anything has ever made you before. I have played for over an hour, not a single destroy and found myself most of the time on the one hit kill. It doesn't matter if you hide in the bushes and "snipe" or flank their position, if you plan on getting into this game drop quite a bit of cash on it. If you wanted to enjoy a free game with buying some upgrades later, move on. This game is not it. I can't give it a 0 as there is too much that is offered, but i can't give it anything higher than a 3 because of the obvious intention to make a free game not free. I can't knock the positive reviews either but to me, this has been a total let down. Expand
  83. Mar 13, 2014
    First of all it very hard to imagine **** such as world of tanks. I want to say only two words about this **** **** - TANKI GAVNO. In conclusion I must say - I'm gay.
  84. Mar 10, 2014
    Though the game has been improved over the patches and updates, The game is still severely lacking. Unless you spend the time to grind experience for the over priced max level gun, your tank is complete trash. The infamous Stock tank grind can be over with quickly, or it can carry on for an eternity. Wargaming doesn't listen to community feedback, and never will unless it means they earnThough the game has been improved over the patches and updates, The game is still severely lacking. Unless you spend the time to grind experience for the over priced max level gun, your tank is complete trash. The infamous Stock tank grind can be over with quickly, or it can carry on for an eternity. Wargaming doesn't listen to community feedback, and never will unless it means they earn some money. Almost every single map in this game is unbalanced, with one side having more advantage then the other side, Such as in Mines, Sacred Valley, Hidden village, etc, and often the maps are designed for one specific type of tank, leaving either Artillery, Tank destroyers, or Heavy tanks in the dust, as they serve no purpose, (Artillery on Himmelsdorf) (Heavy tanks on Malinovka) (Tank destroyers on Sand river).
    The main Problem with World of Tanks however, is the player base. You get many types of undesirable players, which there is no shortage of. You get the Ragers, The whiners, the Statistic Elitists, the butthurts, the annoying little children,the Dead player who orders players around like Field Marshal Rommel, The Bots, The wallet warriors, and the weekend players. All these players in one form or another ruin the atmosphere of the game, and take away any form of enjoyment. Often players will charge one side of the map, and die, leaving the surviving players to defend against the enemies (which usually outnumber them). With almost 5k battles, I can say this game is addicting, But if you don't spend money on it, it is a dull grind fest. Also I note the Russian tanks seem to have a Bias to them. This game is far from being historically accurate and the majority of the tanks in the game are from blueprints. Its a mediocre free game, But its better then a lot of the other crap we get for free games. Be prepared for frustration if you are planning on playing WOT.
  85. Mar 2, 2014
    There's a simple way to describe this game. If you don't pay, you will hate this game. In the beginning you can derp around in funny tanks and ones with troll guns too. This game may seem fun at first, but after tier 7 or 8, money is a HUGE issue. If you don't pay, you won't ever make a profit. The money issue can be solved with, you guessed it, real money to buy a $50 tank, which isThere's a simple way to describe this game. If you don't pay, you will hate this game. In the beginning you can derp around in funny tanks and ones with troll guns too. This game may seem fun at first, but after tier 7 or 8, money is a HUGE issue. If you don't pay, you won't ever make a profit. The money issue can be solved with, you guessed it, real money to buy a $50 tank, which is ludicrous. So if you don't pay, you won't have fun. Expand
  86. Feb 28, 2014
    After playing WoT for 3.5 years (including Beta) I can say something awesome about this game, graphics are good-looking and gameplay is great. You have so many tanks to unlock that you can`t even count!
  87. Feb 2, 2014
    It COULD be a nice game but is unplayable. WoT forums a flooded for months with complains about lags - nothing happens.

If you think you can play real-time FPS with 1sec lag/delay - feel free to try. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/7213-lags-ping-issues-glitchesbugs/ http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/307366-laglatency-related-issues-since-update-88/

If you think you can play real-time FPS with 1sec lag/delay - feel free to try.

And this is just the front page of the issue sub-forum...
  88. Feb 1, 2014
    -BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING
    -Pay2Win
    -Graphics
    -N00b Players
    -Do you hear about Team Work ?
    -No Target at all

+..................
    +...................
    +...................
    +..............
    +Slavian Dev Team ?
  89. Jan 31, 2014
    I will rate this game 2 out of 10 For only the decisions of the company and their glorification of the most crimminal scam of history joseph stalin, ANDDDD of course the players on eu servers.....So the company after smoking their crack or whatever they decided to bring some optional names of stalin so you can buy them and put the in your tank like (For joseph stalin!) and more, andI will rate this game 2 out of 10 For only the decisions of the company and their glorification of the most crimminal scam of history joseph stalin, ANDDDD of course the players on eu servers.....So the company after smoking their crack or whatever they decided to bring some optional names of stalin so you can buy them and put the in your tank like (For joseph stalin!) and more, and WG.net had the nerve to say *it's historically accurate* well some german tanks had some messages written in their tanks like (Heil hitler! or the swastigka) and WG doesn't put those as well and they describe stalin as a hero against the fascism. Now the players....they players are little kids or fat grown mans you don't know english and are complete as*holes. The gameplay is fun and the tanks are very well design but the balance and pay to win system ruins some parts and the irony is that the wg are russians and on purpose they made russians tanks overpowered and the germans the weaker of all. The history accuracy here is complete f*cked up cause german tanks were the most superior of them all. Expand
  90. Jan 25, 2014
    world of tanks it a great game! alot of people say it pay to win but it not true, every ww2 fan will love this game, there are moment the game is very annoying yes, but in 90% of the time it fun, with the fact that it free i thinck every gamer need to try it at least one time, it a great game.
  91. Jan 19, 2014
    Its fun for a short while but the more you tier up the less fun it is. As for claims for historical accuracy? That's a complete joke!
    1. 20mm gun is ridiculously more effective than historically - its the gun to have for the 1st 3 tiers.

2. Almost everything German is MARKEDLY downgraded from historical. examples: German armour was only 1s that had face-hardened plate until 1943 which is why 20mm guns were redundant. Don;t expect to 1 or 2 shot anything in a Panther, more like 5-10 shots depending on the target. They've made it almost the worst tank in the game. Bias? Your call.

3. Everything Russian is MARKEDLY upgraded. examples: almost all pre-1943 AFV's had hand-cranked turrets meaning slow traverse. In game they are among the fastest. Most of their models pre-1944 had room for only 2 in the turret meaning the Commander had to double as gunner, meaning slower aiming. In-game they are among the fastest. Bias? Your call.

4. Becomes obvious the more you play that none of the examples above of the above are done for game balance it is simply the Devs agenda.

5. Probably worst of all is their matchmaker system. Don't expect to get your favorite WWII tank (whether it be a Sherman, Tiger, T-34 etc) and enjoy it. The majority of the time you will be thrown into battles 2 tiers above yours and fighting post-war tanks that are faster, better gunned, lower silhouette & better armoured so that most of your shots will bounce.

This game could have been great but the makers have let their prejudices & greed get in the way.
  92. Jan 19, 2014
    "Bait and Nerf"

I used to like the game. Played over 12k games in total. There is and always was a horrible grind to the game. One of the worst ever I like to call the "WOT march of death". Besides the horrible grind WG (wargaming.net) just doesn't know how to balance a game period. Bad in WOT in also their newer Warplanes game as well. Also they just don't know how to treat
    "Bait and Nerf"

I used to like the game. Played over 12k games in total.
    There is and always was a horrible grind to the game.
    One of the worst ever I like to call the "WOT march of death".

Bad in WOT in also their newer Warplanes game as well.

Also they just don't know how to treat their players. You play their games and you know you are going to get screwed at one point or the other. I'm talking about paying customers at least.
    It's all about what money can WG can make now, if you paid into the system already, even recently well then it's your tough luck.

I picked the German line because I always thought they are the coolest ever.
    They just look cool and were deadly in WW2.
    Now but if you play the German side you are pretty screwed since for the most party Germany stopped making tanks in 1945 (yes with some exceptions like the modern Leopard 2).
    But then WOT continues on with coldwar tanks on up to at least the 1970's.
    So there I was at best playing a 1945 concept tank vs 1970 technology.
    The new tanks they give better developed rounded amour, and a lower profile, auto-loaders, better engine, etc.
    Somehow to WG developer logic that is somehow balanced..(?)

The worst of it all to make me uninstall and not want to touch another WG game again is what they have been doing for the last year.
    It's a variation of the "bait and switch" scam, which I call "bait and nerf".

What they do to keep people grinding (and thus paying money) is they keep coming out with new tanks.
    Mostly tanks that keep moving up in years with better technology thus they are stronger.
    Usually move faster, have bigger guns, and, or shoot faster or have auto-loaders.
    So this new tank comes out and it's pretty over powered and now everyone wants it.
    Users spend their money to push through to get it. All is good for a few months..then what they'll do is spring a bunch of nerfs on your shiny tank. They will do something(s) to make it much weaker now.
    Now your screwed, angry, frustrated, you don't even want to play it anymore.
    It's a cycle they do to try to get you to spend your money.
    And this is no mistake, it's obviously intentional. You can see they base a lot of their designs on math, in particular statistics. So they know damn well what they are doing.

Avoid WG games at all. You will only end up getting frustrated, and screwed out of your money in the end.
  93. Jan 16, 2014
    I have been war gaming since Avalon Hills Tactics 2 and have rarely found a more boring game than World of Tanks. The grinds become progressively longer and more repetitive. The game is so a historical as to be more akin to fantasy rpgs than a wargame. The attempts to balance the vehicles of different nations have made WOT laughable. The idea is great the delivery quite poor.
  94. Jan 15, 2014
    I have nearly 5000 battles and at this point am leaving the game. It is fun initially while you are building up your tanks and crews capability, but when you develop proficiency you are either put in with very low experience players making it nearly impossible to win or placed in much higher tier battles where your tank is outgunned, armored, etc. The game is not realistic; tanks can beI have nearly 5000 battles and at this point am leaving the game. It is fun initially while you are building up your tanks and crews capability, but when you develop proficiency you are either put in with very low experience players making it nearly impossible to win or placed in much higher tier battles where your tank is outgunned, armored, etc. The game is not realistic; tanks can be 100m away and disappear. It can be addicting and this I'm sure drives revenue and profits for the company which is their main goal, not making this a good experience. Yes, you can continue to learn after thousands of battles, but be prepared to have 10 or more consecutive losses in the same tank despite being a top scorer and outperforming the opponents top tanker. Also, your ability to log on and play with friends in random battles is non existent and should be changed. Bottom line, the kernel that matches player is seriously flawed and you will likely end up frustrated and feeling like you wasted time and money. Expand
  95. Jan 8, 2014
    World of Tanks has much problems which need to be solved to become a really good game. Such problems as balance in matchmaking, graphics and server optimization, some gameplay moments. When all this problems will be solved, World of Tanks can become a perfect online game, not earlier.
  96. Dec 29, 2013
    Honestly I think this is one of the best F2P game out there. Good graphics, detailed tanks and very fun to play!
    Having said that I must add that it does not come without its problems. No game is perfect and WOT has a serious problem that comes from being F2P! The biggest problem the F2P format is the incredible amount of "noobs" playing. I play WOT for 3 years now and is not the painfull XP/Moeny gathering, the artillery, OP tanks or the MM that often seems to be on crack that bothers me.

My biggest problem with this game is that inexperienced players flood the servers making the game virtually unplayable. To be successful in this game is indispensable a platoon of at least two very experienced players.

Play alone and get ready for 15 painful minutes of pathetic performace of players with less than 3k matches parading in their useless premium tanks, not doing anything to help the team and dying with only a few enemy shots.

It's a fun game, but I must warn to not play fot a long time each day if you are a playing alone.

Make friends and play in a platoon and try to have fun...which is very hard to do in this game!
  97. Dec 25, 2013
    I played WOT for 3 years. The game was great at first, but slowly but surely Wargaming ruined it's product. End tier content is broken and dumbed down. WG is non-responsive to it's player base. If you can have fun tolerating this game without spending any money, go for it. Most people aren't that patient or forgiving and would be best served to just skip this money grab.
  98. Dec 21, 2013
    It is fun for a little while, but eventually the flaws in this game and the greed of Wargaming.net become glaringly obvious.

-Ridiculous amounts of grinding. Grind for tanks, grind for modules to upgrade your tanks. Even if you cough up the ~$15 a month to keep a premium account going for the xp/credit bonus, the grind becomes very monotonous after a while. -Wargaming.net takes

-Wargaming.net takes every available opportunity to nickel and dime you. I get the F2P model, but I have never played a game where it was so blatantly obvious I was being hustled. Pay for premium account, pay for better ammo, pay for tanks, pay for trained crew, pay to transfer trained crew to different tank, pay for consumables, pay to dismount dismount equipment from old tanks (when you already paid hundreds of thousands of credits to get the equipment in the first place).

-Pay to win. If you expect to do well, you need the good ammo, a fully trained crew, all of your tank modules upgraded, good consumables. All of which is available for real money.

-More based off RNG than skill: Your shots will simply fly off into bum**** Egypt sometimes and there's not a thing in the world you can do about it. Sometimes it's simply annoying, sometimes its extremely frustrating when you have somebody dead-to-rights, with a perfect shot at a weak spot and your shot flies off into the weeds somewhere and then the tank kills you.

-Graphics unappealing: Everything is kind of cartoon looking. Poor detail on the tanks. Terrain is nothing special. Tank deaths are extremely disappointing. All dead tanks look about the same, there are no epic explosions or turrets flying off when a tank dies, it just stops moving and sits there.

-Sound is very unappealing: Tank engines do not sound impressive, guns sounds are weak, and your crew spends the match repeating the same handful of lines to you.

-Historical accuracy has really gone out the window in the name of profit. I find US tanks teamed up with Nazi tanks fighting British tanks and French tanks in some village in China to be ridiculous.

Overall I would say do not waste your time with this game. There are much better F2P competitive games on the market which are much more tactful about acquiring your money. I give 2 stars because its a functioning game and interesting for a while.
  99. Dec 20, 2013
    What many do not realize is that buying the in-game currency, gold, is not at all required to advance in the game. The price of gold is a bit high, but playing for free, without gold, is just as rewarding. Gold simply helps you progress, it does not give the player any advantage over others.The game has had many major updates since the posting of the derogatory reviews; there is now a fullWhat many do not realize is that buying the in-game currency, gold, is not at all required to advance in the game. The price of gold is a bit high, but playing for free, without gold, is just as rewarding. Gold simply helps you progress, it does not give the player any advantage over others.The game has had many major updates since the posting of the derogatory reviews; there is now a full fledged system for physics, including visibility/camouflage, movement (engine acceleration, terrain resistance, top speed, hull traverse/rotate speed), Aiming/accuracy (gun dispersion, gun accuracy, aiming times), penetration (impact angles/ricochets, armor thickness calculations, penetration loss over distance), damage (shell, gun, crew/module damage), and a complex, ultimately fair matchmaking system. The game has evolved into something much better since 2011 (the year many of the negative reviews were written. The game should have different ratings for each update, or at least be refreshed every few months. Expand
  100. Apr 16, 2011
    First of all, I am a freak for WW2 tanks, and armor, and because of that, when I heard for this game, I knew I had to play it. I said "No matter how bad it may suck, I am going to like it, because it is ww2 armor". Oh, how wrong was I.
    By the shallowness of the reviews of the people who gave this game high scores, you can tell what kind of people are impressed by this game. Kids. This is a grindfest. It is NOT free. Sure, you can play for free, but only if you are a masochistic freak, and if you want to play XXX battles with a tank, just to get to the new one and start over. Horrible.
    Next, there are no game modes except for random battles. If you pay for free you wont be able to take your friend to battle with you, so that much for multiplay, and fun with friends.
    That said, the balancer that makes these random matches sucks SO BAD, that on the loading screen, where you see the tanks, you already know what team is going to win. There are many OP tanks, idiot noobs that make you lose a game, in game credits, and prolong the already hellish grindfest.

Lastly, I played this from the time of the closed beta stage, back in 2010, and the game is the very same now, in the release version. The version is 0.6.3.10 obviously half of a game. There are supposed to be 3 nations, Germany, USSR and USA. The USA tank destroyer tree is missing, level 8 SPG are missing for all nations. Tons of bugs and imbalances are being reported all over the official forums, no one is doing ANYTHING. Calling this a free MMO is a lie. It is a single player game unless you pay for it. But dont bother. Just lots of frustration and anger here.

1. Dec 18, 2012
    Bucketloads of depth and surprisingly simple to jump into. It's free, too! [Jan 2013, p.84]
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    World of Tanks is the ultimate tank battle game, and with a price tag of 0 whatever your currency is - there really isn't anything major to complain about.
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    It combines aspects of great RPG games and first person shooters, wraps them into a package that will appeal to the historian, and tosses in a dash of addiction to combine into one great final product.