5.1

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Game starts out fun in the lower tiers, but quickly turns into a pseudo paygate situation if you happen to choose the wrong tank tree. There exists no fun way of advancing with certain tanks, and either you pay up to skip to a better tank or for better equipment, or you tough it out and risk losing all drive to play the game. Either way, the game feels like more of an exercise inGame starts out fun in the lower tiers, but quickly turns into a pseudo paygate situation if you happen to choose the wrong tank tree. There exists no fun way of advancing with certain tanks, and either you pay up to skip to a better tank or for better equipment, or you tough it out and risk losing all drive to play the game. Either way, the game feels like more of an exercise in frustration than any other game I've come across. Expand
  2. Aug 9, 2013
    NO for STALIN! NO for WG! Say No for Wargaming`s Stalin glorification!
  3. Aug 9, 2013
    Wargaming.net do not respect European Comunnity. In Belarus and Russia communistic propaganda is still working. Wargaming.net has poor PR. Do not support them, buying premium accounts etc. cause you will be dissapointed. Tossing money to rubbish is better way of spending money then this. Belive me.
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pros:
    -Anti-map/wall/ESP hack feature. The server determines who can see you and who you can see so hackers cannot shoot undetected tanks. They can still shoot randomly or take an estimated shoot though.
    -Lots of tanks.
    -Multiple nations.
    -Lots of equipment for each tank.
    -Team balance algorithm that gives you a variety of tank lineups per battle.
    -Battlefields are full of objects.
    -You can now ride down cliffs.
    -Sophisticated game mechanics.
    -World of Tanks allows you to mod the game.

Cons:
    -Very horrible grind. If you are a free player you automatically suffer a -50% credit and experience penalty. Depending on your tank, you may need to fight over 200-400+ battles to get the tank crew to 100%. After that it gets even worse, you need to do an additional 2000-5000+ tank battles to acquire enough experience to fully train the crew.
    -Boring game modes. I would like to see modes such as light tanks vs light tanks only or team death matches were the team who gets x kills first, wins.
    -Crew training>Player skill. The player skill doesn't really get better, instead its the crew's performance that gets better that makes the player look like they are skilled when really the player never really improves.
    -Sight mechanics suck. In this game, wild tank sees you through wall. Wild tank appears in the open field out of nowhere.
    -Physics limitations. There are tanks in the game that actually go faster than 72km/h but the game forces the tanks to cap at 72km/h.
    -Where are all the tanks. If this is really the world of tanks, then where are the modern tanks? Copyright issues?
    -Game balance hurts the historical performance of tanks.
    -Very few maps. Game gets repetitive real fast.
    -In order to get to a tank you want, you have to play some really horrible tanks.
    -Sometimes you get put in battles with tanks that are 7 tiers above you. You have absolutely no chance of surviving.
    -Lacks good music.
    -Lacks foreign language dialogue. All dialogue is spoken in English.
  5. Aug 9, 2013
    NO for the stalinism, NO for the mean Soviet propaganda, no for the rubbish WG PR!

Don't play the game that promotes Stalin's name one of the greatest mass murderers in the history!

Company of Heroes 2 the true version of history!
  6. May 10, 2013
    This game is fun at low levels but becomes a terrible grind beyond tier 5.

Also, if you don't buy premium game time or tanks, you will have to spend a lot of time grinding low level tanks to earn credits: the higher level tanks are very expensive to repair and buy ammunition.

I found this game intensely frustrating (it seems designed to frustrate you into spending real money).
  7. Jun 19, 2013
    the worst game ever! tanks vanish in and out most of the tanks are make believe tanks the ones that had never seen the light of day from paper. play the game and don't do what some guy says and your a noob and get off the game. and EVERYTHING COST REAL MONEY if you join you never move up in exp and never get the good tanks till your ready to toss the pc out the window. so SAY no to thisthe worst game ever! tanks vanish in and out most of the tanks are make believe tanks the ones that had never seen the light of day from paper. play the game and don't do what some guy says and your a noob and get off the game. and EVERYTHING COST REAL MONEY if you join you never move up in exp and never get the good tanks till your ready to toss the pc out the window. so SAY no to this game and save your money and your time spent playing with 10 year olds and disturbed adults. Expand
  8. Aug 9, 2013
    I have played from Beta till now and the game has gone from good to bad to worse. The biggest problem are the Devs who totally ignore their gaming customers unless they are Russian or Belorussian. Their love for everything Russian boarders sorry I meant Soviet is a joke topped now only by their Hero worship of Stain which they have now openly declared. The European Server is going nuts andI have played from Beta till now and the game has gone from good to bad to worse. The biggest problem are the Devs who totally ignore their gaming customers unless they are Russian or Belorussian. Their love for everything Russian boarders sorry I meant Soviet is a joke topped now only by their Hero worship of Stain which they have now openly declared. The European Server is going nuts and they keep on ignoring them, worse still is the censorship that they impose is also one sided. Expand
  9. Aug 9, 2013
    It is a fairly nice game, but keep in mind that (despite the efforts of the developers to convince us otherwise) it is an ARCADE game, not an historically accurate tank simulation. For a couple of hours of fun its ok, although it can get boring, with veeeery long grinds to get experience to level up, if you're not a...paying customer.
    However I am putting a very low score as recently the
    However I am putting a very low score as recently the developers have once again demonstrated that they are biased towards their own-country customers (Russian). It is their right, but so is ours to review them for their attitudes... so Zero (0) it is!
  10. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is based on great idea but implementation is terrible. That's the only game I know where Dev's copleteley ignore players... and now they glorify communists. I do not recommend this game!
  11. Dec 4, 2012
    This game is free but the way they have designed it pretty much forces you to spend lots of money to advance at all in the game. You will end up in tons of very unfair matches forcing you to have to spend real money to convert experience just to advance to the next tank. But you can always just not spend money and play a terrible tank that has a gun that won't even damage other tanks,This game is free but the way they have designed it pretty much forces you to spend lots of money to advance at all in the game. You will end up in tons of very unfair matches forcing you to have to spend real money to convert experience just to advance to the next tank. But you can always just not spend money and play a terrible tank that has a gun that won't even damage other tanks, Which is required to make a reasonable amount of experience. Avoid this game at all cost. Its just a scam. Expand
  12. Aug 9, 2013
    Fun game that has been drastically made worse by pro-communist agenda and arrogant customer relations over and over again. Matchmaking is also a big joke by forcing losses on good players so bad ones wouldn't quit but stayed and spent money on the game. If you avoid paying real money and Wargaming will fix the way they handle the player base and also fix the mm I'd tell you to give it a go.
  13. Mar 7, 2012
    The game simply does not provide positive emotions. Once you pass the initial excitement and start developing your tanks you find out that unless you've been playing the game for the last couple of years you gonna be a cannon fodder on the battle map. To avoid it you'd need to put in A LOT of money (say a hundred bucks per month) and A LOT of time (say 4-5 months of everyday play) toThe game simply does not provide positive emotions. Once you pass the initial excitement and start developing your tanks you find out that unless you've been playing the game for the last couple of years you gonna be a cannon fodder on the battle map. To avoid it you'd need to put in A LOT of money (say a hundred bucks per month) and A LOT of time (say 4-5 months of everyday play) to become a decent team member. But the game needs cannon fodder so they keep flocking in :) Expand
  14. Mar 7, 2012
    The game is very engaging for the first 2-3 hours but then turns into grindfest. Each new tank you get comes in a "stock" configuration and needs upgrading. "Stock" means cannon fodder even for a lower level tanks. Stocks are slow, have inferior guns and very limited visibility. And you need hundreds of games to research your stock tank into "top" so beware of topping up your game accountThe game is very engaging for the first 2-3 hours but then turns into grindfest. Each new tank you get comes in a "stock" configuration and needs upgrading. "Stock" means cannon fodder even for a lower level tanks. Stocks are slow, have inferior guns and very limited visibility. And you need hundreds of games to research your stock tank into "top" so beware of topping up your game account with real money. Expand
  15. Jan 17, 2013
    Ir is a nice game to start with, but at the higher tiers the fights are mostly unbalanced. Although a fight is scheduled to last 15 minutes most of the time you will be out within 2-5 minutes. Only rarely you will see a fight where you can have fun slugging it out.

Biggest problem however is the amount of verbal abuse in this game. A lot of the higher tier players will blame others if they lose (even the best players have a win rate below 60%) and they will tell you loud and clear
  16. Jan 19, 2013
    The game requires the use of gold in order to enjoy. As others have said, things become frustrating, after a while, when you are incapable of playing well against opponents without upgrading.
    Additionally, the price of gold is obscene. It costs $100 dollars for enough gold to obtain a premium account for merely a year. I expect more than than that.
  17. Jan 28, 2013
    I hate to use the term, "Pay to Win" but in this case, it applies.

Riot Games' League of Legends is Free to Play as well, but that game can be competitively played without spending a dime and I don't understand why more developers don't follow their model. After all, it's highly successful. I don't mind supporting developers, but the nature in which you present your product has to
    I hate to use the term, "Pay to Win" but in this case, it applies.

I don't mind supporting developers, but the nature in which you present your product has to be honest. WoT is not honest in it's implementation. "Elite Tanks", which require real money to buy, are vastly superior to the free to play versions, therefore providing players the option to Pay to Win.

Call your game what it is, a Demo, and don't insult the intelligence of your player base. This game is monotonous and boring if you're not buying "Experience Boosts" or "Elite Tanks."

game /gām/
    Noun
    A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Paying cash to buy the best is not skill, strength, or luck. Go buy Battle Field 3.
  18. Dec 14, 2012
    This is a long review, but I've played the game for so long and I'm honest enough about the entire thing to give a useful opinion without being a fanboy or bashing the game completely, so please keep this in mind as you read.

This game is a very mixed bag. First off, the core gameplay can be entertaining if you're willing to learn how it works and operate within those boundaries. There's a lot of satisfaction to gain from this, which is why as a person who detests this game, I actually do still play it. The game is all about grinding. Tier 1-3 goes fast, 3-4 is a little longer, 4-5 is very long, then after that it doesn't seem to be long before tier 6, and then 7, but 8, 9 and 10 are very long grinds. I've played since June 2011 basically EVERY day and I have two tier 10 tanks unlocked, a couple of tier 9 tanks, half a dozen tier 8's, many tier 7's. So you can see it takes a long time to get tanks. I play to get one win a day in each tank I care about, never grinding because that's too tedious and it takes me this kind of time.

The game heavily rewards money spending via premium tanks that are poorly balanced and with premium shells (Though these can now be bought with in-game currency - which has caused some chaos and imbalance). The premium tanks are frequently overpowered when introduced, causing much anger among players who face them - which of course means lots of players run out and buy these tanks. They're not cheap either. The game's in-game currency is gold, you can buy 1250 gold for about $8. Most of the tier 7-8 premium tanks which are the most powerful and fun to use are about 8000-12000 gold which comes out to about $35-50. That's $35-50 for ONE tank. The next step, Wargaming nerfs the tank so the normal playerbase stops complaining, but then they buff it again and it goes on and on. All these tanks do is return more in-game credits than a normal tiered equivalent. Lots of normal tanks are poorly balanced so the problem becomes that to get a fun to use tank you may have to go through a few badly balanced and unfun tanks. Despite these tanks being unbalanced negatively, players who complain in the forums trying to get these tanks improved are ridiculed and told they're just bad at the game. Wargaming NEVER listens to player feedback, as the game is most popular in Russia and that is truly the only playerbase they care about. The Russian developers ignore American feedback, they just allow us to pretend we matter to silence us - this may sound conspiracy theorist but it really is true in this game.

The community is also one of the worst I've ever seen. Players are very bad at the game even at higher tiers, and they just keep playing which ruins the fun for a normal/good player. Battles are 15 players vs 15 players and the matchmaker is notoriously bad. Using an external mod which shows player's skill ratings and win rates during a match, I've observed the game frequently stacks one team full of very good players and the other team is full of bad players. This game is NOTORIOUS for losing streaks, worse than any game I've ever seen. You can be good (which not to brag, I am pretty good at the game) and still be shafted by bad matchmaking, poor player skills, and random number generation - which is how the game determines damage, penetration, and basically everything.

Wargaming is also probably one of the worst game companies I've had the displeasure to play a game from. They give their moderators free realm to basically do whatever they want, and their "appeals" section if you get chat banned in the game is basically for show - they never repeal bans, no matter what. This game is so terrible about censorship, that despite allowing you to disable a profanity filter I personally have been banned for calling somone a noob before. Yes, they're THAT kind of moderators. If you insult the developers, other players, in ANY fashion even calling them stupid or dumb you'll get banned for a few days. They also frequently tell people to stop spamming or stop using caps when no one is doing either action. Wargaming is a very shallow company concerned only with squeezing profit out of the game while doing as little as possible to improve long standing issues. Users make great suggestions, and they're never listened to. The also ignore all test server player feedback, they just use hard stats like win rates, average damage and other things that do not reveal the full picture to determine what's balanced and what's not.

The game can be fun when everything is alright, but too many times the game is just awful. Many maps are bad, many tanks are bad, and the community is awful, the developer/staff is terrible. There's a fun game buried underneath this mess, but it's not worth your time to find it if you ask me - I've played over 2k hours, I'd know...
  19. Aug 5, 2012
    World of tanks has a lot of potential and is fun at times when it is balanced which rarely happens. WoT suffers from poor design. More often than not WoT is very dull, boring and lame. This game suffers a lot from imbalance! This game was outdated before it even left alpha. Very poor overall design of the game! The developers focus way too much on money making than actually making thisWorld of tanks has a lot of potential and is fun at times when it is balanced which rarely happens. WoT suffers from poor design. More often than not WoT is very dull, boring and lame. This game suffers a lot from imbalance! This game was outdated before it even left alpha. Very poor overall design of the game! The developers focus way too much on money making than actually making this game work properly. The game mechanics are broken and this game suffers from a lot of bugs and poor coding. The best way to describe this game is a bunch of high school kids made it. Just simply put a bunch of amateurs made this game who are greedy and just see dollars signs everywhere! Avoid this piece of Trash on less you are willing to spend money to have fun in this game. That is the only way WoT is worth playing and that is with gold account! This game gets a 0 out of 10 for the overall trash factor it offers! Expand
  20. Feb 6, 2012
    Pay 2 win is very present in this game. Directly present with premium ammo and premium consumables. I don't encourage in any game, that if you pay more you have advantage over others. Indirectly present with free xp, credits, premium account and premium tanks which if you never buy them this game is a pain to play. It seems even with clan wars they created a system to gain money, becausePay 2 win is very present in this game. Directly present with premium ammo and premium consumables. I don't encourage in any game, that if you pay more you have advantage over others. Indirectly present with free xp, credits, premium account and premium tanks which if you never buy them this game is a pain to play. It seems even with clan wars they created a system to gain money, because the clans that own a lot of lands doesn't need to invest money and the (new) clans that doesn't have lands must invest a lot to be equally equipped so it becomes a fair game. You can feel the makers of this game are greedy. The game is not to great, matchmaking is unbalanced and the game is very random with:
    Artillery, penetrations, aim from long range, the skill/tactics of your team sometimes you know you lose the game if you see lemming groups (this game is very team dependant), which map you get, engine fire, ammorack explosions... etc. These are all a gamble boxes.
  21. Sep 14, 2011
    This game is funny in the start, but after some battles you face the truth. Very unbalanced battles try to force you to buy a premium account or spend some RL money in them. Dont waste your time in this thing.
  22. Jun 30, 2013
    In this joke of a game, winning 6 times out of 10 makes you in the top 1%.
    If you win more than 75% of the games, then you are probably in the top 100.
    On a lucky streak, you may win 100% of games. On an unlucky streak, you will win none of them. If you like to spend tremendous tme and money on one single game, finally become one of the very best players and still lose at least 30%
    In this joke of a game, winning 6 times out of 10 makes you in the top 1%.
    If you win more than 75% of the games, then you are probably in the top 100.

If you like to spend tremendous tme and money on one single game,
    finally become one of the very best players and still lose at least 30% of your battles,
    purely due to team composition, this is definitely your game.

Oh yeah and when you die in the first minute without doing damage or spotting, don't worry.
    If your team has less bots or 80+ years old WWII veterans with Parkinson's disease than the enemy team, you will be carried and win for free.
    Of course personal performance matters but up to a point, not enough,
    not rewarding enough, not enough for a game, not enough to have fun.

tl;dr :
    win or loss is matter of luck in team composition,
    the very best players in this game still lose more than they should because of luck.
  23. Mar 7, 2012
    Good idea, terrible implementation. Let's wait till some team that has brains implement it.

The idea of an easy to use, first person shooter with a wast online audience is immensely appealing. Just this particular case sucks. First of all the game producer does not put enough money into server capacity. When you just drive around you've got decent 30-50ms ping but in the heat of the battle when you need your game to be responsive above all you start getting network lags and the pings becomes 100-300ms. That means 3-10 frames per second. Just imagine playing a first person shooter with a slow motion camera.
  24. May 17, 2012
    Slow paced, unskilled, and worst of all just plain boring game play. The balance and matchmaking in the game is way off as well. The entire game has a decent core concept but they need to go back to the drawing board. They need to make the game feel more like a game and less of a driving in a parking lot simulation. The also need to find some way to encourage more team work and tankSlow paced, unskilled, and worst of all just plain boring game play. The balance and matchmaking in the game is way off as well. The entire game has a decent core concept but they need to go back to the drawing board. They need to make the game feel more like a game and less of a driving in a parking lot simulation. The also need to find some way to encourage more team work and tank slection stratagy rather than putting everyone in a generic mold team. Expand
  25. Dec 29, 2012
    After a year of playing world of tanks to the test. I've come to my own conclusions that they are not at all the best. Once you start getting into tier 4 or higher tanks the experience rate dramatically drops and it could take you for ever to get any where. Aside from the high cost of higher tier tanks. Aside from the credits you make after a battle and the cost of repairs and restockingAfter a year of playing world of tanks to the test. I've come to my own conclusions that they are not at all the best. Once you start getting into tier 4 or higher tanks the experience rate dramatically drops and it could take you for ever to get any where. Aside from the high cost of higher tier tanks. Aside from the credits you make after a battle and the cost of repairs and restocking of ammo you practically make next to nothing same as the experience. You could be a good player and really end up getting screwed in free experience or experience alone. After a yr playing i have not been able to get past having a t1 heavy tank and it is not all that good as it would seem. The higher tier you are the more cost it is in repairs and restocking. So really not all the best as i thought it would be. Match making is very horrible and unbalanced. You could have low tier tanks with much higher tier tanks their suppose to scout, but to be honest you are not making credits or experience from this All these other reviews are coming from kids. What would you expect from that? World of tanks is a grind fest, and you really don't have much an mmorpg in this game. you can't even play in the same match with your friends if you wanted to. The matches are not randomly maps as they should be. At most you will get stuck to one or two maps. really boring doing the same maps over and over in a 1 hour period. Expand
  26. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For uncle stalin, this game sucks, dev's sucks. This's rusian game for rusian retards! Absolutely terrible game. Free to play Pay to win. Poorly balanced, full of bugs, devs dont listen, endless grind, its a free game that ends upp costing alot of you want to get to the end game. Expand
  27. May 1, 2011
    Game may be fun at first when you build up your hangar up to lvl 4 tanks, but then it gets absolutely tedious and imbalanced, with soviet models ruling the battlefield. To play past lvl 7 tanks you must donate. The most disappointing downside is that this game has only one game mode - 15v15 random deathmatch on a dozen of maps. And trust me - it gets old very very soon. And the mostGame may be fun at first when you build up your hangar up to lvl 4 tanks, but then it gets absolutely tedious and imbalanced, with soviet models ruling the battlefield. To play past lvl 7 tanks you must donate. The most disappointing downside is that this game has only one game mode - 15v15 random deathmatch on a dozen of maps. And trust me - it gets old very very soon. And the most frustrating bug is when you cant see an artillery piece hiding in the bushes 15 meters away from you.

All those people giving it 10s - probably just played for fun for a couple of hours. You will really hate it after a month or two.
  28. Mar 29, 2012
    Free to play - Pay to win. In a nutshell, that is WoT for you. Well, mind you, it's a given that F2P games somehow have to give you an "incentive" to spend some money on them, but aside of the even more horribly lopsided F2P Battlefield I've not seen anything like this in the F2P field. Let's even ignore for a moment the fact that as a F2P player you have to spend ridiculous amounts ofFree to play - Pay to win. In a nutshell, that is WoT for you. Well, mind you, it's a given that F2P games somehow have to give you an "incentive" to spend some money on them, but aside of the even more horribly lopsided F2P Battlefield I've not seen anything like this in the F2P field. Let's even ignore for a moment the fact that as a F2P player you have to spend ridiculous amounts of time to actually "level up" because the amount of XP you get per battle is ridiculously low, as a "free" player you are, essentially, the target dummy for the paying community. You're not their player, you're essentially part of the product being sold, kinda-sorta like a bot with some brains, there to make those feel good that shelled out some dough for it. You get invariably dumped into games where you're on the lower end of the spectrum, which more often than not leads to you being pretty much unable to put even a dent into their armor. It gets old kinda fast if you keep shooting at an enemy from behind (where it should be "softer") countless times for exactly zero effect before he finally realizes you're there, turns his turret and blows you out of existence. More because you're an inconvenience rather than a threat. Sure, I could buy some "premium ammo" for real money, then I might get to score a hit from time to time. But you may think it's temporary, and all you have to do is to get to the next tier of tanks, then you'll be on top of the roster. You will not, because now you get tossed into a battle of the same **** combination as before, just one tier higher. But that's not even your problem. You're now again in a "stock" tank without any improvements, in other words, you're not only the runt of the litter, your crate now also sucks on top of it. So you improve it, you spend countless battles where you're little more than the target dummy for some paying player... the treadmill repeats itself until you're finally fed up and give up. I somehow wonder if there are any "free" players in the higher tiers at all... Or what do you shoot at when you spent a few hundred bucks on this game and managed to get to tier 10? Do you have to play against others who did the same? And keep spending to stay in the game? Sorry. I don't mind dropping a few bucks to a game I like, but when a F2P game starts to cost more than a premium title, without being anything close to premium, something's terribly wrong. Expand
  29. May 5, 2011
    Novel idea is the main appeal of this game, but graphics look outdated and in general is looks and feel dodgy and unfinished. Tank balance is pretty bad and once you get in the higher levels it becomes even more apparent. On top fo this, their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced...even though i had a premium account they didn't give a damn and were about as helpful as aNovel idea is the main appeal of this game, but graphics look outdated and in general is looks and feel dodgy and unfinished. Tank balance is pretty bad and once you get in the higher levels it becomes even more apparent. On top fo this, their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced...even though i had a premium account they didn't give a damn and were about as helpful as a solar powered flashlight and downright rude. Expand
  30. May 14, 2011
    Update. We now have the situation where community feedback is not only being ignored by the DEVs but moderators of the forums are now being policed by the minute to stamp out as they call it threads that create unrest. In effect any posting discussing the failings of the game, the broken mechanics, the falling server populations is being met with a forum ban and removal of the thread.Update. We now have the situation where community feedback is not only being ignored by the DEVs but moderators of the forums are now being policed by the minute to stamp out as they call it threads that create unrest. In effect any posting discussing the failings of the game, the broken mechanics, the falling server populations is being met with a forum ban and removal of the thread. Never before in my life have I seen a community forum for a game being repressed in this way. So in short this is one to avoid. The DEVs are now only interested in scrambling as much gold sales before the game dies completely. This week has already seen a 25% drop in server population. Expand
  31. Aug 9, 2013
    Wargaming give Josef Stalin vinyls in the tanks he was biggest mass murder in the world. I give 0 note to show them that is not good idea. Sorry for gramatic but English is my second language :P
  32. May 30, 2011
    Poorly balanced, full of bugs, devs dont listen, endless grind, its a free game that ends upp costing alot of you want to get to the end game. Devs should really sort out some of the glaring issues with sight system, ghost shoots etc before they bother implementing more tanks for real money.
  33. Jul 21, 2012
    I give this game 0 score. Because there are developers of the game rating the game up on the user review. Personally, this game is pretty good, but the devs are not impartial, they are russian. Therefore the game is not as great as it could be.

The users that are FAKE are: RedNord Dys88 reignoftanks check the similarity between dys88 and reignoftanks. Rakashin DutchDK (probably)

The users that are FAKE are:
    RedNord
    Dys88
    reignoftanks check the similarity between dys88 and reignoftanks.
    Rakashin
    DutchDK (probably)
    Pirate21110
    AceGunner
    mrtanker

...
    ...
    The list goes on. The user reviews are not this high.. check the low reviews.
  34. Apr 16, 2011
    First of all, I am a freak for WW2 tanks, and armor, and because of that, when I heard for this game, I knew I had to play it. I said "No matter how bad it may suck, I am going to like it, because it is ww2 armor". Oh, how wrong was I.
    By the shallowness of the reviews of the people who gave this game high scores, you can tell what kind of people are impressed by this game. Kids. This is a grindfest. It is NOT free. Sure, you can play for free, but only if you are a masochistic freak, and if you want to play XXX battles with a tank, just to get to the new one and start over. Horrible.
    Next, there are no game modes except for random battles. If you pay for free you wont be able to take your friend to battle with you, so that much for multiplay, and fun with friends.
    That said, the balancer that makes these random matches sucks SO BAD, that on the loading screen, where you see the tanks, you already know what team is going to win. There are many OP tanks, idiot noobs that make you lose a game, in game credits, and prolong the already hellish grindfest.

Lastly, I played this from the time of the closed beta stage, back in 2010, and the game is the very same now, in the release version. The version is 0.6.3.10 obviously half of a game. There are supposed to be 3 nations, Germany, USSR and USA. The USA tank destroyer tree is missing, level 8 SPG are missing for all nations. Tons of bugs and imbalances are being reported all over the official forums, no one is doing ANYTHING. Calling this a free MMO is a lie. It is a single player game unless you pay for it. But dont bother. Just lots of frustration and anger here.
  35. Oct 1, 2011
    Judging this game as a free game is wrong, the basic concept of the game is that you grind your way to the highest tier of each type of tank to help your clan fight for provinces in their tournaments. The only way to get there is by spending money on a premium account since basicly grinding your way to the max tier without it would just take way to long. Now since we know then that this isJudging this game as a free game is wrong, the basic concept of the game is that you grind your way to the highest tier of each type of tank to help your clan fight for provinces in their tournaments. The only way to get there is by spending money on a premium account since basicly grinding your way to the max tier without it would just take way to long. Now since we know then that this is not a free game lets review it accordingly. Gameplay : The gameplay isnt bad, its unique in the current genre with a little bit of a mmo features. However after you spend some time playing the game and grinding your way to the max tier and learning the game you can get very bored of it. To give you a small idea of how boring it might be, to get from the tier 7 to tier 8 artillery which is the highest tier artillery. You will around 330.000 experience, this is not counting the huge amount of experience points you need to get the upgrades on your tier 7. These would take around 150.000. Now since you probably get around 800-1000 experience points on average with a premium account you can then see why its considered a boring grind. The developer. The developer of this game is wargaming , a russian company which is noticed by the unbalanced russian tanks in the game. The developers in this game are basicly one of the worst you can come across, they are clearly nationalist russians which is shown by how they bend historic facts in their events they host. This alone makes me want to give them a 1 for this review, simply claiming that Stalin liberated eastern europe is just unforgiveable. Overall : The game can be fun if you dont play it to much as in 1 time a week, do this and the game can be something to kill time with. However since the game unbalancing is caused by biased developers towards russian armor the game can not become a serious online game. So if you are looking for a serious game you want to play at a high level, go look somewhere else. If you want a game you can download for free and have a few minutes of fun then go ahead and download, just make sure you dont get draged into buying premium accounts and tanks. The score im giving is a 1 as i said basicly out of protest towards the developers. Expand
  36. Feb 4, 2011
    You will have an awesome time with this shooter up until you start trying to work up and over tier 4 tanks. You will hit a big roadblock where things cost tens of thousands of experience points to buy but you only get 50-100 per match because your weapon cannot hurt the other tanks you will be matched up with (which is the main source of experience points in this game, dealing damage toYou will have an awesome time with this shooter up until you start trying to work up and over tier 4 tanks. You will hit a big roadblock where things cost tens of thousands of experience points to buy but you only get 50-100 per match because your weapon cannot hurt the other tanks you will be matched up with (which is the main source of experience points in this game, dealing damage to enemy tanks.) The matchmaker is horrific. My friends and I call this game Rage of Tanks because it is difficult to get through two concurrent matches with swearing out-loud. If you have an awesome time getting mauled to death every match while you slowly build up experience points to buy the next gun upgrade or turret upgrade so that you can buy a gun upgrade to be able to get a better amount of points out of matches then you should have an awesome time playing this game and I highly recommend it. This is the most horrific grind-fest I have ever played, a game only for hardcore masochists. Expand
  37. Jan 18, 2012
    First of all I have to say game is fun at the times, but it is also very frustrating so you can easily forget the fun part. I'm used to grinding games, I'm grind addict. I don't mind spending hours and hours to get to the next tank. I don't think tanks should be "skipped" just to get to the last tank possible asap. Every tank you play has its strengths and weaknesses, there isn't perfectFirst of all I have to say game is fun at the times, but it is also very frustrating so you can easily forget the fun part. I'm used to grinding games, I'm grind addict. I don't mind spending hours and hours to get to the next tank. I don't think tanks should be "skipped" just to get to the last tank possible asap. Every tank you play has its strengths and weaknesses, there isn't perfect tank. I wouldn't consider this game free 2 play, its more like a demo you get to play for free. If you want to advance in the game to the end tier you will need to pay for premium account. Although I have around 4000 matches played, I'm still not bored even though game lacks game modes badly. Maps are poorly designed in my opinion, maybe a bit too small too. Most of the maps are either fully open with hardly any cover, or you get 2-3 narrow passages, then it becomes stupid lemmings train match (everyone goes to one side). But all that isn't as bad as matchmaking system which kills ALL of the fun out of the game. Seems like it gets worse with every next patch they release. Now don't get me wrong, I know each tanks' role and what it is supposed to do. I don't mind being placed in tier 8-10 match in tier 4 light tank. Let me give you example of terrible matchmaking. You drive KV-3 (tier 6), very slow (so its not scout), and it gets you into tier 8-10 matches with more than half of the team being 9-10 tier. You really stand no chance in such game. I mean you can still win if your team is good enough, but then again where is the fun playing such match? You cant really damage anything, you can just hide and hope to get that last shot on someone. There are many examples like that you will 80% of your games be thrown into unfair matches. You will be on the bottom of the list, and that's when frustration comes in. Tank companies on the other hand have tier limits which is good, and I don't see any reasons why "standard" battle mode isn't using same rules. WG devs just want to force you to buy premium account so you can get to the tier X ASAP and then forget about lower tier tanks... What's the point... I want to enjoy playing every tank not just tier X. And do you know why? Because nothing really changes at that tier, sure tanks may be looking more cool. Have more ammo and firepower, but the gameplay stays exactly the same. It never evolves to something. And all this could be easily forgiven (long grinding, poor map designs, very rude community if I may add, lot of kids etc.) if it wasn't for that terrible matchmaking system which day refuse to improve just so you can spend your money on the game. It is fail Free 2 play title. Expand
  38. Aug 12, 2012
    Pay to win game don't waste your time.

Pay to win game don't waste your time.

The episode starts out with Android 18 about to fight with Mr. Satan (who is scared out of his mind) at the World Martial Arts Tournament. Mr. Satan imagines what will happen if he loses to Android 18: Android 18 laughing at him, Videl disowning him, and the entire crowd booing and throwing things at him. He then laughs and says "Watch out, you don't know what you're messing with!" while walking backwards. He then charges at Android 18 with his fists flying, but Android 18 dodges each one. She then puts him in a headlock and says she will throw the match for 20,000,000 Zeni. She lets go but the crowd thinks Mr. Satan kicked her away.
    18 putting Mr. Satan in a headlock
    BeadtmdcAdded by Beadtmdc

At the tournament, Mr. Satan throws Android 18 across the ring and she tells him to do his most powerful attack. He performs his Dynamic Mess Em Up Punch. She stands there and says "That was your most powerful attack". She then jumps out of the ring and Mr. Satan is declared the winner. Android 18 then says "I will see you tomorrow and get my money and if you don't pay I will kill you".
  39. Aug 18, 2013
    I've decided to update my review, as some changes dramatically improved the game play over the past 2 years.

First, the matchmaker spread was greatly reduced so the silly situations where you could not damage any part of enemy tank (including its rear) no longer happen for the most part. They improved the graphics and removed all pay to win advantages so that you can buy premium ammo/equipment with credits and all the premium tanks are much weaker than elited standard vehicles.

At this point you can only speed up your grind with money. This applies mostly to credits, as you can only convert experience between tanks (with some limits) for money, you can't directly pay money to unlock a tank. Premium Account is a must if you are serious about the game, it's 10€ per month and it's the only thing you should buy.

The major problem at this point is the player base. It's absolutely astonishing to watch this many braindead people playing this game, without grasping any concept of armor and cover whatsoever. It would literally take one day to implement a bot that would play smarter than at least 70% of players. This is mostly a problem because Wargaming refuses to implement any sort of skill-based match matching. Therefore, especially on weekends, the game turns into frustrating series of matches where you play 1 vs 29 simply because your team mates are retarded.

And while this could be easily solved, it most likely won't ever be. I'm rating it 6 mostly because of the terrible experience this game brings at times. On the other hand there isn't any competition when it comes to tank shooters, so it's most certainly worth to at least give it a try.
  40. Jul 15, 2012
    Game is basically designed to frustrate you into spending money. Full of stupid mechanics (yes, I know how they work and why are they like that. 55% win rate with 1300~ rating out of 2000 games) like spotting that makes very little sense or massively overpowering artillery that basically decides every high-tier game with ability to one-shot a tank into uselessness by killing off 2-4 crewGame is basically designed to frustrate you into spending money. Full of stupid mechanics (yes, I know how they work and why are they like that. 55% win rate with 1300~ rating out of 2000 games) like spotting that makes very little sense or massively overpowering artillery that basically decides every high-tier game with ability to one-shot a tank into uselessness by killing off 2-4 crew members and knocking down 1-3 modules per shot. Sure, you can take maybe 3-5 of the shots, but even one near miss drops your combat effectiveness by over 50% easily. Everything is priced very high and if you want to spend real life money you won't get much bang for your buck. Single tank costs 30-40 euros. Imagine, a single tank in a game with hundreds of them. See Tribes Ascend for F2P done correctly. Expand
  41. Jun 22, 2013
    The worst thing about this game this is how it is made. Graphics "Say hello to the mid-2000th," a terrible sound, outdated special effects and other characteristics of non-professional developers. As far as I know, they're from Belarus, and it explains everything. Over the past three years, it does not develop except the introduction of new tanks, which there is already a lot. The ideaThe worst thing about this game this is how it is made. Graphics "Say hello to the mid-2000th," a terrible sound, outdated special effects and other characteristics of non-professional developers. As far as I know, they're from Belarus, and it explains everything. Over the past three years, it does not develop except the introduction of new tanks, which there is already a lot. The idea of the game is good, and if she was in good hands, it would be a masterpiece. And yet it is better to play something else. Expand
  42. May 11, 2011
    At first it's fun but then it's constant struggle and frustration. I played closed beta for 4 months then stopped. Now I started again and after two weeks I must say that it still has many flaws. Sure, it's free but playing without premium account is a pain. Additionally, developers are trying desperately to encourage players to spend some money by forcing you to fight against higher tierAt first it's fun but then it's constant struggle and frustration. I played closed beta for 4 months then stopped. Now I started again and after two weeks I must say that it still has many flaws. Sure, it's free but playing without premium account is a pain. Additionally, developers are trying desperately to encourage players to spend some money by forcing you to fight against higher tier tanks. Believe me, after playing countless battles in which you can't damage anything you will hate this game. Some may say that it's a challenge but I think that fun factor is important and this game lacks it.
    Next con are maps. There are too few of them and some are really badly designed. Another important flaw is imbalance. Some tanks are much better then others of the same tier, eg. infamous Russian T-54. Avoid this game, not fun.
  43. May 29, 2011
    If you can look past the lack of any sort of story/plot/etc. and focus on the actual gameplay, World of Tanks can be quite enjoyable. Like Counter Strike, this game doesn't have an engrossing story, it's all about the hot tank on tank action. Above all else, this game is quite fun, especially if you're a World War II fan or tank fan, like I am.

The combat can be swift, tactically

The combat can be swift, tactically challenging and all around a blast to play. There's a wide variety of tank types to play, from the Leichtraktor (loltraktor), MS-1 and T1 Cunningham, to the awe inspiring, 200 ton Maus, the swift and deadly IS-7, the devestating T30, and almost everything in between.

The game features fairly realistic hit location specific damage. Shoot one in the engine, and the enemy tank might catch fire, burning to death. Shoot his gun and you can destroy his accuracy. Shoot his treads to knock them off and immobilize him for a bit, so your team can finish him off. It does have it's flaws, and I'll discuss those:

1) It ain't free. I have yet to play a pay for free game that was actually free, and this is no exception. As long as you're willing to pony up a few dollars to help get you started though, it will likely be worth it.

2) Russian bias. Many of the Soviet tanks are overpowered for what seems like no good reason. It's an ongoing hot topic of discussion on the forums how the developers will nerf an American/German tank sighting "balance" reasons, while buffing an already overpowered Soviet tank like the IS-4 for "historical accuracy". A great example is the Su-85 tier 5 tank destroyer. Fully upgraded, it's capable of performing better than the Jagdpanzer German tank destroyer which is a tier above it. Another example is the KV. Easily upgraded, a decent KV driver can decimate an entire team by himself. Another example is the IS vs. the Tiger. The Tiger, the most powerful tank of its era, is little more than a paperweight until fully upgraded, while the IS is a solid tank almost from the first moment you get it. The list goes on.

3) Platoons. You have to pay gold (purchased with real money) to have a premium account, and only then can you form a platoon to play with up to 2 friends. This one issue almost made me not want to play anymore. In order to play a multiplayer game with my multiplayer friends, I have to pay real money? You're kidding, right? Well, I decided I liked the game enough to try it out for a month... and here I've paid for another month of premium. This is still the biggest issue in my mind, not being able to play with the friends you make in the game seems really silly. I can see how it could cause the game community to lack cohesion and longevity over time.

4) SPGs or self propelled guns. They suck the fun right out of the game. They're capable of 1-shotting tanks even 2 tiers higher than them from across the map, and they amount to little more than a griefer mechanic. They are a good idea, but are in need of some balancing or some game mechanics retooling. If you're in a good tank brawl, blasting away at the enemy, and taking hits from them, take a deep breath, because your good fun is always just 1 SPG shot away from being ruined. Most battles quickly devolve into hiding from the SPGs more than dealing with the enemy tanks, which slows down the game tempo, destroying the flow of the game and turning it into a campfest rather than a tank vs. tank slugfest.

There are many battles I've had that have overcome the SPG issues, often times by having our SPGs take theirs out early on, our light tank scouts take them out, or the other team simply not spawning with very many SPGs (or even 0!) and these fights that occur SPG-free are almost always fun and rewarding.

The gameplay is quite fun. Tanks hide in cover behind buildings, conceal themselves in bushes, rush in wolfpacks, flank their opponents in pincer attacks, and various other maneuvers to gain the upper hand. Almost every tank has a different playstyle to learn and use effectively. Played well, even a low tier tank can have a devastating impression on the enemy. Played poorly, your high tier tanks will effectively sabotage their own team by denying them an essential element of the team's composition. Player skill accounts for as much of the effectiveness of their tank as the tank crew and equipment they have on it. Reveling in the challenge of learning the intricacies of these tanks and playing them to their fullest is what has kept me playing this game for the past couple of months, and I don't intend to stop.

World of Tanks is by no means perfect, but the developers have designed a good mixture of arcade action and WWII tank simulation that I think most WWII tank fans would find enjoyable. It's certainly worth the download, since it's free.
  44. Oct 14, 2011
    World of tanks is a wonderful idea done wrong. I've played it for a week and then gave up. The premise of having upgradable tanks is really neat, but the devs have their heads up their arses. Battles are fought from automatically matched teams and this is the killing point. After playing for a few days and upgrading your tank you will end up being outgunned 95% of the time. It's likeWorld of tanks is a wonderful idea done wrong. I've played it for a week and then gave up. The premise of having upgradable tanks is really neat, but the devs have their heads up their arses. Battles are fought from automatically matched teams and this is the killing point. After playing for a few days and upgrading your tank you will end up being outgunned 95% of the time. It's like playing CS with only a glock. You will spend your time speccing battles you cannot possibly influence. Expand
  45. Aug 9, 2013
    NO for STALIN! NO for WG! Say No for Wargaming`s Stalin glorification!
    I dont want to play a game
    Company of Heroes 2
    Real version of history...
  46. Jun 3, 2011
    This is one of the most greedy "Free to play" games around. It's free if you wish to grind for 3 months to get to tier 8 tanks. I did in open beta, it's really boring. In the release, it's very EASY to spend 100$ a month on this game or more. The game recently introduced 2 tanks that are ~40$ each, and are ridiculously overpowered. So you either get those tanks to compete OR buy premiumThis is one of the most greedy "Free to play" games around. It's free if you wish to grind for 3 months to get to tier 8 tanks. I did in open beta, it's really boring. In the release, it's very EASY to spend 100$ a month on this game or more. The game recently introduced 2 tanks that are ~40$ each, and are ridiculously overpowered. So you either get those tanks to compete OR buy premium ammo to shoot at them at 2-4 cents per shot. Even those shots still bounce half the time. In terms of fun, the game has good moments, but those are rare. Most of the matches are predictable and newer players would have a terrible time playing low level tanks matched against 6+ month veteran ace tanks. Can you say R.A.P.E? This is what this game would feel to you, unless you spend a ton of money and buy premium account and one of the 40$ premium tanks.... Expand
  47. Apr 21, 2011
    Absolutely terrible game. it has officially launched and it's still a beta version. Basically all that you can do right now is start with a lowlie tier1 tank and get into 15 vs 15 PvP random battles. There is nothing more, only 15 vs 15 random battles in random maps and there are only about 12 maps). The matchmaking is extremely poor, just like in beta, as you progress you end up inAbsolutely terrible game. it has officially launched and it's still a beta version. Basically all that you can do right now is start with a lowlie tier1 tank and get into 15 vs 15 PvP random battles. There is nothing more, only 15 vs 15 random battles in random maps and there are only about 12 maps). The matchmaking is extremely poor, just like in beta, as you progress you end up in battles against tanks that you can't even damage (where is the fun in that?) and they one-shot you. You can't create a group to play with your friends unless you pay a monthly premium subscription, which makes this game unable to compete with every other online multiplayer game. Tanks are completely unbalanced on all tiers, russian tanks are specially overpowered (because the developer company is Russian?). Artillery is absurdly designed and overpowered. Visibility is horrible, you often receive damage from invisible tanks, even at 10m from you. Avoid this beta game at all costs! Expand
  48. Apr 19, 2011
    World of Tanks. 0 out of 10.
    World of Tanks. 0 out of 10.
    1) I started as a closed BETA tester in October of 2010. With a free chunk of game gold given to each player everyday I could afford a premium account with my friends so that we could platoon and actually get into the same battle with each other and be on the same team. At first the game was a lot of fun. Low tier battles pitting small mostly equal tanks against one another were fun to play and led to only minor frustration on occation. However as the game goes on the ammount of grinding required becomes laughably stupid. The highest I got to was the tier 9 (there are 10 tiers) VK 4502 German heavy tank. The ammount of xp points to get the tier 10 Maus was close to 200 thousand. Since release, players who do not pay for their game gold dont have access to a premium account meaning high tier tanks are more or less out of reach. This is because a premium account gives you a 50% increase in xp after each battle. Players without this bonus are in for a long hard grind.
    2) As I said earlier you cannot play in the same game with your friends unless you have a premium account, which after release means you pay money. This means that if you don't feel like shoveling out dough for a broken game (more on this later) you will end up in battles with random people who are more than likely team killing trolls. WoT has more trolls than any online game I have ever played. From the typical chat box troll to people who team kill on purpose to selfish players who refuse to play as a team there is certainly a wide variety of dbags to help make this already frustrating game worse.
    3)The historical accuracy is so poor my friends and I have begun to call the game World of Russian Tanks. This is because by tier 5 the Russian tanks begin to display a huge advantage over their same tier counterparts from other nations. While nearly every historian or history buff will agree that German tanks were the best tanks of the war, the WoT devs don't seem to have gotten the memo. In fact the only advice I give to new players is play Russia... you'll die less that way.
    4) The game is broken and here is why. The entire spotting system is crap. Tanks in the distance have a habit of "jumping" across the map. Meaning that you think you have fired an accurate long range shot at a target only to realize seconds after firing that the game glitched out and you were shooting at his "ghost" when in reality your enemie's tank is many meters away from where it appeared to be on the map. Not only does this add to the frustration but it basically means WoT is like a house without a foundation. This also has nothing to do with computer strength as every player experiences it. There are also issues with "cloaked" tanks. Part of the game is camo and so some tanks or TDs will be able to fire while hidden. However the effect of camo is taken to a stupid level. There have been several times that I have had to nearly ram an enemy tank before it became visible on the map.
    All in all WoT was a great idea. But between the terrible spotting system, having to pay for a broken game just to play with friends, and the gross bias in favor of Russian tanks I have to give the game a 0. Ditch this crap... there are much better games out there.
  49. Apr 15, 2012
    I have been playing since open beta and agree with many of the other low reviews. This game while being genuinly free to play hence i awarded 1 point :) Is quite simply not fun, after playing the same gamemode on simular maps for over 1,000 times this game tires. The ideas as said in other reviews are awesome however just dont translate into a fun game, my main problem is the system forI have been playing since open beta and agree with many of the other low reviews. This game while being genuinly free to play hence i awarded 1 point :) Is quite simply not fun, after playing the same gamemode on simular maps for over 1,000 times this game tires. The ideas as said in other reviews are awesome however just dont translate into a fun game, my main problem is the system for upgrading the tank and the teiring, with for example a Ferdinand, one of the best tank destroyers of world war 2 you come up against tanks from the 1950s and many prototypes and as the starting gun on this tank means u cannot kill tanks ur level it becomes tedious and frustrating, only after about 100 battles can you unlock the best gun and it becomes playable, this is very simular with other tanks also. Matchmaking is also a contrivertial issue as the battles are oftern heavily biased to one team. My second biggest fault after enjoyment is the lack of community, I myself am in a clan and have played clanwars however the developers of the game make little attempt to communicate with players other than tedious events, on the forums the "community team" only post to remove explicit content which I think says alot about their approach to the games community. I much prefer Blizzards approach of atleast getting involved in conversations which helpes players feel more part of the game. There are many ways to make this game great however in my opinion it is likly to be another of those games which could have been awesome which is however destined to be a flop, its lack of penetration itno the European market says its all. Another word of warning is to ignore most of the critic reviews as many are simply fantasy and quite irritating. Sorry if this has dissapointed you, just trying to stop people wasting as much time as I have :) Thanks for reading Expand
  50. Apr 20, 2011
    FPS in armored vehicles. I had mixed feelings when Ijoined up during their closed beta period in December 2010, but reckoned that it would be good enough to pass a couple of hours during the christmas holidays.

Boy was I wrong.. This game is addictive - severely. The developers have found a nice mix between pure arcade and historical simulation. The tanks are very nicely modelled graphically, including small details such as tool strapped to the outside, holes appearing from shell hits, and the landscape is absolutely amazing.

The game itself is easy to get into, and hard to master. Even though you can use in-game gold currency and the ingame Credits to buy items for your tank, they don't guarantee you a victory. You'll still be hit, you'll still depend on the other members of your team to win, and you'll still die. The good thing about the gold currency, is that it enables you to purchase premium status, which increases the amount of experience and credits your tank earns in battles. That allows you to progress faster through the various tanks, even though it is stil very much possible to do so without ever spending a dime on gold.

There are still some issues in the game, which the developers are working on, even if their patches isn't issued as frequently as in other games I've played. Now that the game has gone live, they will have to live up to their promises in the upcoming 0.6.4.0 patch, which should fix a whole slew of issues reported in the beta. I don't doubt they will be able to do this, since they seem very dedicated to their game. I've even met and played against some of them, and been able to beat them in a regular competion called Killed The Mods.. Got in game gold for my victory as well.

For a free to play game, World of Tanks is exceptional good value and fun. I'll be sticking to this game for quite a while, since they project it to run for at least 5 years, with content and new features added during the lifespan of the game. The next addition to the game, a global Clan Wars persistent world fighting for territories is going to be introduced this summer and sounds very interesting. Untill then I am playing with my clan mates in platoons and tank company battles, and thouroghly enjoying it.
  51. Aug 9, 2013
    Game was fun to play until they started to introduce strange political remarks in game content and news announcements. Before you buy ingame currency remember that company is owned by Belarusians (biggest IT company in this country) so any money paid them may support totalitarian system.
  52. Aug 5, 2013
    Grindfest of the worse possible kinds 80% of your time in game you just stare at your tink parked somewhere or broken in garge. Its not a bad game but completely lacks fun factor for free accounts because of the stupid grind
  53. Aug 9, 2013
    Please read this:

http://wot-ro.blogspot.de/2013/05/wots-matchmaker-is-rigged-proof.html - wargaming won't let u pickup a map u want to play on - wargaming doesn't listen to community eg if we (community) don't like something in game they say "its working as intended" and won't be changed - they are "balancing" tanks all the time, its good but most of balancing is made in silence
    Please read this:

- wargaming won't let u pickup a map u want to play on
    - they are "balancing" tanks all the time, its good but most of balancing is made in silence its called "ninja nerf" wargaming dont tell us what was nerfed just to stop the flame on community forum
    - on the official forum topics and posts are getting removed especially those that criticize wargaming as a company and devs, admins... wargaming staff
    - they don't really care, all they want is money

They are doing ninja nerf to tanks that are available for real money or can be won in a competition.

Wargaming is a bunch of ignorant
  54. Aug 9, 2013
    Stalin was a mass murderer and a communist scum!!! How dare you to tell he was better then Hitler and propagate him on tanks!!!
  55. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. NO for STALIN! NO for WG! Say No for Wargaming`s Stalin glorification!
  56. Aug 9, 2013
    First days you play this is a nice game until reality strikes you. Not only you have to grind a lot (and I mean a lot) of games to advance it's community of players is appalling :stat-whores and flamers all around. Furthermore the DEVS are completely ignoring the wishes of their community
    especially on the EU-server. Not the mention they felt obligated to insert a GULAG (yes, that's right the Russian version of a concentration camp) in the game, soon to be followed by Pro-Stalinist content. Adding insult to injury the DEVS stated in a official news message 'Stalin is misunderstood and too harshly judged by history, of which we are PROUD. So to summarize STAY AWAY from this game.
  57. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Addictive game from the beginning Unfortunately, with increasing experience perceive that theorem is a free game say the passing of a true, investment is needed and that's absolutely not micro: (
    Zero cooperation with the players their opinions and complaints (the broken balance of vehicles, limping mechanism that losujący etc. are totally ignored Ideas players ignored as hmmm idiotic (said SerB main publisher) players have to pay and not complain ....
    And the last action of the promotion of the communist regime and the criminal Stalin just calling to inform the relevant authorities.
  58. Mar 11, 2013
    This game really started to become a good game. However, the vendor has disconnected it's self with it's customers and have turn the game into a totally frustrating Pay-To-Win game! It's promoted as a Free-To-Play game and nothing is further from the truth. Without a premium account the player will reach a point to the game is near unplayable because the developers have slanted the gameThis game really started to become a good game. However, the vendor has disconnected it's self with it's customers and have turn the game into a totally frustrating Pay-To-Win game! It's promoted as a Free-To-Play game and nothing is further from the truth. Without a premium account the player will reach a point to the game is near unplayable because the developers have slanted the game to give those players an unfair advantage. The developer match low level tanks with tank upto 2 levels higher and then make it to where the lower tank can't harm the higher level. Also the developers seem to think it's funny to have most rounds (even ones you have to buy) hit and simply do zero damage. The Vendor has lost the balance between greed and promoting a good balanced game which in turn would make even more. Expand
  59. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Stalin was murderer, and WG like it or not.
    Selective compliance historical bureaucratic cookie cutter support,
    set lot, set results clan wars battles set
    Do not play a game that promotes veiled version of history, really a waste of time
  60. Aug 16, 2013
    For a start, lets say that i played about 4000 battles, 3 months and last one was on premium. (10 eur for month). In a last couple of years i never experienced game that offers you so much frustration and anger and gives nothing in return.

Gameplay Mechanics You have one option only Random matches. 15 on 15 players, capture the flag or kill all enemy tanks. By killing or damaging tanks you get experience and credits. By winning match, you have bonuses on those assets. By paying premium you get those bonuses plus additional 50% more.
    With experience you can unlock new tanks or additional parts on existing tanks tracks, engine, turret, barrel etc..
    With credits you can buy unlocked parts and you can also buy new tanks, ammo, cover the repairs, buy modules like camo net, vents, binoculars, crew training etc..
    There are 10 tiers (levels) available, each one with stronger tanks than previous one. By playing matches and collecting experience you grind your way for unlocking new tanks and parts all to the final 10 level. Its very simple. In theory it should be fun. But it isn't.

Grind I have read most of comments here and i have to agree that after 4-5 tier all the fun is gone. Grind becomes abnormally long, your tanks move with 20 km/h, possessing calibres that cant damage anything and you will spend 100+ games of terrible grind fiesta just to unlock new tracks so you can grind more 100+ games for new engine, then turret, then barrel, then radio. etc..... After that you need additional 1000+ games for unlocking new tank, then again tracks, engine, turret, radio... All Stock tanks are horrible and without agonizing grind you will die in first 30 seconds, ending with 100 exp....

F2P Even if you like grind part, after tier 6, you have to pay for it. In that moment F2P falls apart and you will start noticing that something is heavily wrong with this game. As i said, after each battle you gain certain amount of credits and experience and with credits you have to pay for repairs and ammo or you cant drive that tank any more. Bad news is that tanks above level 6 don't earn much credits so they cant cover their own expenses. You have to pay for premium and gain that additional 50% of credits. I did even this, thinking that this maybe cause for lack of fun that i encountered after tier 4.

Historical part As huge WW2 armour fan i thought that they will at least cover basics. Level of disappointment in Historical view added just another level of hate and frustration from my perspective. Developer is Belarusian. All Russian tanks are op to the level that is laughable. German tanks are crap. Tiger is terrible tank with paper armour. Panther is one of the worst medium tanks in the game. 88 mm calibre is like a needle in this game. These are the facts. Russian bias is more than present and with recent Stalin add-on its more than obvious that this game spreads propaganda like plague.

Matchmaking I could easily forget about everything above Painful grind, F2P (10 Euro pre month for premium) and deformed Russian History if they didn't implemented this agonizing MM. That's something that you have to experience. People that played this game at least level 7-8 will know what im taking about. Whatever tank you are using, you are at the bottom of your team in 90% of games. If that's not enough, MM will throw you in matches with +4 tier tanks. So, if you are playing with tier 4 or 5 tank, MM will put you into tier 8-9 games. For those that didn't play this abomination, playing with Tiger or Panther you will face tanks from post war period 1950-1960. Its same as playing counter-strike limited to knife only.

I wont even write about bugs, Wargaming policies, obsolete graphics, broken beta engine etc... cause a lot of people here covered that part in details. I posted my reasons to quit this game after 3 months and 4000 battles. I found out that there is no reason to pay Arrogant Russian developer for broken game that can provide me only frustration and Stalin propaganda. Having fun in one out of 50 matches is just not enough.

Avoid this game.
  61. Oct 20, 2014
    Ok, this will be my second review, after giving an extended second try at this game. To their credit, Wargaming has changed the awful matchmaking that threw tier 4 light tanks against tier 8 heavies. They have also nerfed some tanks heavily ( not any Russian ones though, surprise!). These nerfs are contentious at best, but not the worst thing about the game. To be fair, the worst thingOk, this will be my second review, after giving an extended second try at this game. To their credit, Wargaming has changed the awful matchmaking that threw tier 4 light tanks against tier 8 heavies. They have also nerfed some tanks heavily ( not any Russian ones though, surprise!). These nerfs are contentious at best, but not the worst thing about the game. To be fair, the worst thing about the game is not actually the devs fault - the players are the worst thing about this game. It's like the devs have crafted a mecca for morons, the cognitive abilities of the majority of players is such that you are surprised they manage to cross the road without getting killed.
    There is a lot of tunnel vision, with most players ploughing forward regardless of whether there is a friendly tank in front of them, desperately trying to backtrack to cover after getting hammered. They don't stop going forward, they just don't. Whole flanks are ignored, it's like the left (or right) doesn't exist - how they walk without going round in circles is a matter for science to investigate.
    Teamkilling is frequent, often at the end of the battle when there are no more enemies and you sit back with pride at how you played the round - BOOM!, dead by teammate.
    Others will push you out of your carefully chosen hiding place and into the firing line of the tank you have almost killed and need one more shot on - BOOM!, dead.
    The zombie apocalypse has arrived, and they are all playing World Of Tanks.
    Avoid.
  62. Apr 17, 2014
    I don't mind the boring grinding system that forces you to play to win, I don't mind the personal preferences of the developers about some particular tanks, I don't mind that some enemies are 2 tiers above you and are able to one shot you sky high, I don't mind the occasional lag...WHAT I DO MIND IS THE HORRIBLE BUGS AND ERRORS THAT THIS STUPID GAME HAS MOST OF THE TIME...here I was readyI don't mind the boring grinding system that forces you to play to win, I don't mind the personal preferences of the developers about some particular tanks, I don't mind that some enemies are 2 tiers above you and are able to one shot you sky high, I don't mind the occasional lag...WHAT I DO MIND IS THE HORRIBLE BUGS AND ERRORS THAT THIS STUPID GAME HAS MOST OF THE TIME...here I was ready to kill my 7th target tank, the scope was on and perfect set...than the game crashed for no reason to desktop, no warning , no nothing. The updates only makes the game unplayable. Expand
  63. Oct 13, 2013
    At first glance this game offers a lot of fun you go right into battle with one of many tanks WoT has to offer. Later it gets more difficult to climb higher in tiers, especially with a free-to-play account. Training the crew, unlocking modules and gaining credits take awfully long.
    The urge to put money into this game constantly becomes higher, while the problems remain the same: the maps are much too small, the matchmaking is more or less awful (fighting tanks 2 tiers higher is quite common), and there doesn't seem to be a real development in the game itself. The only main improvement since the beta was the implementation of in-game physics, besides that only more and more new tanks raise the level of addiction, thus bringing in more money.
    All in all this is probably the most frustrating game I have ever played!
  64. Dec 19, 2013
    This game is awful and since we play a game because we want to have fun, this game has nothing about fun. the FPS are awful especially in the bushes and if you don't pay, don't expect to perform or win any game. You need to pay to win and this game is more expensive than any other Multiplayer you'll find on the internet. Don't waste your time with this game.
  65. Apr 26, 2014
    I have played a number of online shooters and this is the most frustrating one of all and not a game that I will persist with any longer, despite the promise. I have tried to make this game work for over a year and 7000 matches, with a reasonable 52.2% win rate and WN7 and WN8 ratings of 'good' and tanks at all tiers and classes demonstrating that I can play this game with some competenceI have played a number of online shooters and this is the most frustrating one of all and not a game that I will persist with any longer, despite the promise. I have tried to make this game work for over a year and 7000 matches, with a reasonable 52.2% win rate and WN7 and WN8 ratings of 'good' and tanks at all tiers and classes demonstrating that I can play this game with some competence (you will see the need to make this claim below, this being a game where stats seem to matter a lot, sadly). There are times when this game is amazing, but they are overshadowed by the frustration of this game. The game is seriously flawed in a number of ways, making it difficult to consistently enjoy this, most enjoyment deriving from taking advantage of other's mistakes and most defeats being a result of skill/own mistakes plus game mechanics, chance and the complex nature of the game leading to an element of ineptitude from many players. The game relies on significant teamwork but the game mechanics and in particular the lack of any reasonable tutorial severely limit team-work. The deliberate element of chance built into the game ref damage per shot, penetration etc and the complicated nature of differing hit zones further frustrate. Add to this the fact that despite claims to the contrary, the ability to pay for better penetrating shells, permanent camo, equipment that assists accuracy/reload etc means there is an element of play to win. Add to all of this a quite nasty community in-game and on the forums, assisted by an amusingly elitist group of modders creating XVM, WN and the like that show all of your stats in-game, leading to less able players being insulted or told that they have lost the game for the team before it starts and you have something not worth playing. The tank genre needs someone else to come along and top this, learning from what went right and the many things that are wrong. Expand
  66. Dec 17, 2013
    Fun for the first few games, this game is free for a reason, the team balance is completely non existant, you play tier based tanks where half or more of your games are against tanks 2-3 tiers higher than you and despite your best efforts theres nothing you can do when your shots "just bounce right off" (according to your radio man) and higher level players swat you off like flys, do notFun for the first few games, this game is free for a reason, the team balance is completely non existant, you play tier based tanks where half or more of your games are against tanks 2-3 tiers higher than you and despite your best efforts theres nothing you can do when your shots "just bounce right off" (according to your radio man) and higher level players swat you off like flys, do not buy unless you want to spend 100$ on credits for the best vehicles. Expand
  67. Dec 18, 2013
    You will have a great time with this game when you first start out playing for the first time and it will be evenly matched with other players write up until you start trying to work up to tier 3 and 4 tanks. You will then hit the big wall. It will cost tens of thousands of experience points to reach better upgrades but you will only gain marginally compered to higher tier tanks orYou will have a great time with this game when you first start out playing for the first time and it will be evenly matched with other players write up until you start trying to work up to tier 3 and 4 tanks. You will then hit the big wall. It will cost tens of thousands of experience points to reach better upgrades but you will only gain marginally compered to higher tier tanks or premium players 50-100 per match, some times you will only receive that mount just to die several minute into the game. because your weapons cannot hurt the other tanks. Trying to gain experience becomes a real painful grind and the only source of experience points in this game is making a lot of damage to enemy tanks. Every game you play you will be matched up with their so called fair play matchmaker, this is the real cruncher it will suck the fun right out of you and grind you into the ground. The developers are really trying desperately to encourage players to spend lots money by forcing you to fight against higher tier tanks. what ever you do do not buy any premium tanks believe me they are all crap! the only one I personally have that dose make you some cash is the U.S.S.R Churchill 3 tank and that's it do not wast your money. After 6 months worth of game play in battles I have seen it all and have bean in countless games in witch you can't damage anything because you are the smallest tank or the lowest tier tank in the team and you will placed in matches like this no matter haw well you do in other games. You can have up to 5 to ten losses in a row and it will make no difference. You will learn to hate this game for this reason alone. For some people the fun is in the challenge progressing in the game but I think it is just as important to have a fair game balance in a game and where you are placed with other players of the same experience level or have in this case a tank you can at least compete with, for there is no fun in destroying tanks/players that cannot defend them selves fairly and I mean I have played up against tanks 4 to 5 tier less then my tank, so yes it truly only took one shot or just ramming them witch is a more cost efficient way to destroy them in a battle. The game developers will try to tell you in this situation the smaller lighter tanks job will be a spotter tank for the rest of the team witch is well and due but what if the tank you have is just to slow or just way to lightly armed? you will last just last a few minutes in play or as I have seen you will just hide for the hole game just to die in the end anyway or just urn nothing in points wheres the fun in that?
    Well to bring this to a conclusion I,m personally hanging out to see how will step up and take on W.O.T with a tank gaming format with out all the problems.
  68. Dec 20, 2013
    It was nice game. But times changed. If you want to play comfortable and not to be a food for other you have to spend a lot of time to gain good crew for favorite tanks. But than in 2 month comes new patch, old tanks are nerfed, new tanks are imbalanced, and you have either donate money and spend time for new better tanks or be beaten by kids who have a lot of time for grind. AlsoIt was nice game. But times changed. If you want to play comfortable and not to be a food for other you have to spend a lot of time to gain good crew for favorite tanks. But than in 2 month comes new patch, old tanks are nerfed, new tanks are imbalanced, and you have either donate money and spend time for new better tanks or be beaten by kids who have a lot of time for grind. Also developers are inadequate when speaking with players. For 2 years they told that in game there is normal distribution but than they told that this normal distribution ended in 1.2 sigma, and 20% of shot were going in the edge of sight, instead of 0.01%. It drives me mad. Expand
  69. Dec 20, 2013
    Awful graphics and physics, which demand ultra-high-end computer to run with normal fps.
    absolutely nothing new in the game for a year or more, except new tanks and maps which is a poor game updating
  70. Dec 20, 2013
    Just another bad game that have nothing similar with actual tank warfare of WW2. Game engine is bugged. Game have very bad optimization, very simple gameplay, just like a generic shooter game. Developers are greedy and selfish people. Don`t play this game, don`t waste your money on it!
  71. Jan 19, 2014
    "Bait and Nerf"

I used to like the game. Played over 12k games in total. There is and always was a horrible grind to the game. One of the worst ever I like to call the "WOT march of death". Besides the horrible grind WG (wargaming.net) just doesn't know how to balance a game period. Bad in WOT in also their newer Warplanes game as well. Also they just don't know how to treat
    "Bait and Nerf"

I used to like the game. Played over 12k games in total.
    There is and always was a horrible grind to the game.
    One of the worst ever I like to call the "WOT march of death".

Bad in WOT in also their newer Warplanes game as well.

Also they just don't know how to treat their players. You play their games and you know you are going to get screwed at one point or the other. I'm talking about paying customers at least.
    It's all about what money can WG can make now, if you paid into the system already, even recently well then it's your tough luck.

I picked the German line because I always thought they are the coolest ever.
    They just look cool and were deadly in WW2.
    Now but if you play the German side you are pretty screwed since for the most party Germany stopped making tanks in 1945 (yes with some exceptions like the modern Leopard 2).
    But then WOT continues on with coldwar tanks on up to at least the 1970's.
    So there I was at best playing a 1945 concept tank vs 1970 technology.
    The new tanks they give better developed rounded amour, and a lower profile, auto-loaders, better engine, etc.
    Somehow to WG developer logic that is somehow balanced..(?)

The worst of it all to make me uninstall and not want to touch another WG game again is what they have been doing for the last year.
    It's a variation of the "bait and switch" scam, which I call "bait and nerf".

What they do to keep people grinding (and thus paying money) is they keep coming out with new tanks.
    Mostly tanks that keep moving up in years with better technology thus they are stronger.
    Usually move faster, have bigger guns, and, or shoot faster or have auto-loaders.
    So this new tank comes out and it's pretty over powered and now everyone wants it.
    Users spend their money to push through to get it. All is good for a few months..then what they'll do is spring a bunch of nerfs on your shiny tank. They will do something(s) to make it much weaker now.
    Now your screwed, angry, frustrated, you don't even want to play it anymore.
    It's a cycle they do to try to get you to spend your money.
    And this is no mistake, it's obviously intentional. You can see they base a lot of their designs on math, in particular statistics. So they know damn well what they are doing.

Avoid WG games at all. You will only end up getting frustrated, and screwed out of your money in the end.
  72. Feb 2, 2014
    It COULD be a nice game but is unplayable. WoT forums a flooded for months with complains about lags - nothing happens.

If you think you can play real-time FPS with 1sec lag/delay - feel free to try. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/7213-lags-ping-issues-glitchesbugs/ http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/307366-laglatency-related-issues-since-update-88/

If you think you can play real-time FPS with 1sec lag/delay - feel free to try.

And this is just the front page of the issue sub-forum...
  73. May 7, 2014
    Game play is okay and addicting. Horrible customer support and attitude towards customers. "Support" at WG means they support any ridiculous action by a moderator and refuse to actually help a player. Any criticism towards WG is sanctioned with bans.

For instance, WG recently was blaming a routing issue where players in the U.S. trying to connect to the east coast server located in the D.C. area where being routed through Tokyo. WG tried to blame that on Comcast, yet Comcast had no knowledge of any of this happening and acted like people were crazy for bringing it up. When, during a discussion related to the issue, another player said, I understand that is being caused by Comcast, my response of "That's just WG passing the blame on elsewhere" was immediately removed as non-constructive with a ban placed on communication privileges.
  74. Aug 20, 2014
    Game is actually fun at the beginning, but

1) It's DAMN expensive, you're going nowhere without a premium account and gold, and grinding is long and horrible 2) The real turnoff is the player base. If you pay attention to the chat, 95% of messages are insults coming from players frustrated by the horrible grinding (read above) and thinking everyone other than themselves are
    Game is actually fun at the beginning, but

2) The real turnoff is the player base. If you pay attention to the chat, 95% of messages are insults coming from players frustrated by the horrible grinding (read above) and thinking everyone other than themselves are responsible for the current defeat. And not talking about trolls that kill some team mates just because they're bored. Then there are the bots, but at least they're polite and don't kill or insult anyone of the mates :)

3) There is a "complain" button that is totally useless, as you can see the same bots and the same trolls always around.
  75. Aug 23, 2014
    Review Vaild For World of Tanks version 9.3

Reviewer time spent in game: 10200 battles. Background:- World of Tanks was the first tank based arcade style shooter game of it's type produced and developed by Belarusian Game developers War Gaming. World of tanks focuses on tank warfare from 1925 to early Cold War period. Review:- Let me first start with the positives about
    Review Vaild For World of Tanks version 9.3

Reviewer time spent in game: 10200 battles.

Background:-

Review:-

Let me first start with the positives about World of Tanks (WOT). The game has huge variety of historic and prototype light, medium & heavy tanks as well as SPG's, TD's. all these tanks are customizable to varying extents. further more extra equipment can be mounted to tip your tanks to the players preferred play style. The majority of tank mdeols can be obtained through grinding. there are also usually regular updates every 1.5 months.

I'm afraid as i sit here scratching my head these are the only good points i can think of for this game...

So onto the disappointing aspects of the game of which there are many so I shall bullet point but elaborate where I feel necessary.

~ Very old game engine. WoT uses the Big World game engine which was developed 1999. Yes that's right WoT is using a game engine that is nearly 15 years old (all be it heavily modified).

This is WOT main problem and many of my point will come back to this. There is only so much you can flog an exhausted horse and teach it new tricks. Even a small amount of time spent in the game will make it apparent the cracks are really starting to appear as this old game engine struggles to manage everything it is being asked to do. Havok physics engine will be put into the game soon however this will be equivilent of giving a nackered car a paint job.

~ Poor optimization. This is strongly linked with the above point. WoT is only optimized to utilize one CPU. Also with the game engine being so old it doesn't produce graphics as efficiently as newer engines do.

~Premium/Gold/P2W Ammo. In WoT you have the option to buy ammo that gives the player a significant boost in armour penetration and can be obtained for Premium gold currency or a large amount of in-game credits.

The only option a player has to consistently be able to use this ammo is to buy it with gold or buy a premium account so they get a credit boost to be able to afford it. A regular F2P player would never be able to use this for long without going broke. In my book this constitutes giving a player a large advantage over another and is only really a viable option for players willing to spend real money which adds the element of P2W to WoT

~Poor Matchmaking. The MM can and regularly will put players against much superior vehicles .This is linked to premium ammo as War Gaming know if player are matched these vehicles they can either 1. be cannon fodder and die or 2.buy premium ammo so the player at least has a small chance. This inevitable leads to a lot of player furstartion at being effecivly pointless in a match.

~Corridor maps and generally poor map design due to poor game mechanics as explained below. Maps have recently been scrubbed of most of their vegetation leading to very boring uninterrupted bare solid 3D free formed maps. Its a shame WG are so scared of opening up to the community as there are some incredible map designers out there, But from posts ive seen WG are worried they will in some way lose out financially by letting the community contribute to the game.

~Poor game mechanics and Random Number Generator. Again this is linked with an old out of date game engine that physically cannot achieve what players and developers want to do resulting in tanks being invisible in open fields, large calibre guns bouncing off paper thing armour, supposedly inaccurate guns having laser precisions and accurate guns being the opposite.

~ Lack of tutorial. WoT from some reason has the largest base of inept players I have ever seen in an MMO. I personally don't think is game is difficult to grasp, even the poor game mechanics which are all nicely explained in videos and on the WoT wiki. However it is clear a much more in-depth tutorial is needed inside the game.

~ Lacking graphics. Yet again this is due to old game engine and optimization. Although I don't think a game requires state of the art graphics to be good. For the amount of system power this game requires to run on maximum settings vs the outputted result it is very poor.

~Bots,AFK'ers and hackers/ cheaters. Yes WoT does have them although regardless of what WG says. WG refuse to do anything about Bot and AFK'er as WG maks a large amount of income from them while also keeping sever player count high. There are also a large amount of client side manipulation hacks ... sorry mods as they are called in WoT and its virtually impossible to tell if a player is hacking with the poor game mechanics as they are.

Conclusion WoT WAS a great game, 4 years ago, but is now looking old and outdated with competitors finally appearing I wouldn't recommend investing your time or money grinding in this game.
  76. Sep 29, 2014
    realy boring and grindy game, take ages to get new tanks that then are junk and not much different from each other, i would recomend playing battlefield 3-4 instead those are much beter and good looking games and beter engine, wot uses only single core, and it is pay to win
  77. Jun 6, 2014
    Free to play - Pay2win game, poorly balanced tanks, bad optimized, full of bugs, devs dont listen players, endless grind.
    This is one of the most greedy "Free to play" games around.
    NO THANKS
  78. Oct 15, 2014
    WoT can be a fun game with friends... so what justifies this note of 4/10 ?

1/ It comes with several design flaws. Some very basic game mechanics are dead wrong. How the artillery works, how the different "classes" of tanks are supposed to interact with each others, how the map stimulate tactics, how risks vs rewards is managed, all these are wrong. I would go as far as to say
    WoT can be a fun game with friends... so what justifies this note of 4/10 ?

1/ It comes with several design flaws.

I would go as far as to say that the very low level of actual thoughts, and care, devoted to such critical elements of gameplay, is a real testimony to the low level of education and interest of the designers.

2/ Breach the most basic rule of gaming

Every player meeting on a gaming field must abides by the same rules. Only him and how he evolves in-b
    etween a specific set of rules must determine victory.

In World of tanks, a player is *punished* for doing good. Game is rigged to alter matchmaking and random number generator to actually lower your odds, the more you improve.

This is the total, complete and utter dumbest system ever, as it actually favor playing badly. Really... Duh ?!

3/ The developers are... special

Yes, Wargaming is a bad company, not EA level of bad, but close.

They are *extremely* greedy even by "F2P" standards
    They use tax haven in Cyprus
    One of their lead developper is the infamous SerB
    They may joke on that but they show a constant love for stalinism
    They have a complete disdain for european customers (and people from EU in general)

You should think about these things before giving these people your money.

So all in all, 4/10, and do not give gold (€€) to them.
  79. Jun 7, 2014
    Good fictional gameplay, nice selection of tanks, upgrades, decent graphics and sound. The game is ridden with bugs and glitches, which developers don't seem in a hurry to fix. many parts of mechanics are just pure fiction, and some tanks are completely taken out of the historical fiction area.
    But it's not the worst. The community is absolutely bunch of kids. You'll experience nothing but disappointment with strong language comments, blames, and hipocrisy in game and on the forums. The devs made it hard to complain, to keep the player numbers high.
    The matchmaking is bugged as well, you'll be shooting targets which you can't penetrate, not even in their weakest point, yet they can kill you in one shot. Yep, the Tier 10 tanks are so powerful, and all other tiers matched together with them, are just there to keep them happy.
  80. May 24, 2014
    That game is a good game, the problem are the players...
    There are too many nooobs playing that game nit knowing what the word tactic means....
    Very sad!!!
  81. Nov 22, 2014
    The game itself is very good, but the trimmings that come with it absolutely spoil it. It's free and at first seems very good, but then you start to notice things. The game allows modifications to the client software package with limitations based on an honor code, but tens of thousands of players abuse this. The players who abuse this are snobbish, rude, and look down on other players.The game itself is very good, but the trimmings that come with it absolutely spoil it. It's free and at first seems very good, but then you start to notice things. The game allows modifications to the client software package with limitations based on an honor code, but tens of thousands of players abuse this. The players who abuse this are snobbish, rude, and look down on other players. The moderators have absolutely no clue about the game. The Match Maker (MM) system is dysfunctional and favors certain players. It's a good game poorly executed. If you're a serious gamer I recommend passing this one by. Expand
  82. Aug 19, 2014
    This game is made of unrighteous randomness which is a point most awful to me. Random game means you enter the game by senseless match maker and there is a large chance you will be suffered by your own team. Like 5 games in a row you played the best in your team but congrats you loose all 5 games! Why should this ever happen in a game that you played best but mostly lose? well, this isThis game is made of unrighteous randomness which is a point most awful to me. Random game means you enter the game by senseless match maker and there is a large chance you will be suffered by your own team. Like 5 games in a row you played the best in your team but congrats you loose all 5 games! Why should this ever happen in a game that you played best but mostly lose? well, this is called RANDOM.

There are even more randoms that can piss people off like tanks randomly disappear right in front of empty lands from your eyes and kills you just because this freaking mechanics of spotting range so in certain tanks you are blind in like 300 meters and the other tanks can be invisible to kill you.

That was two points of insanity in the freaking game. Many mores like ghost shots you shoot and your shots disappear in 50 meters and can't see even a shell trace, others like over calculated angled armor that generally give bonus to Soviet weak armored but large angled tanks. Seriously angling bug. Like 17cm E100 shots 299mm AP penetration can't go through freaking is8 100 mm angled armor in many times. Wtf has the angle added to the armor? And many more like instant move, tanks jump at long range when at 50 ms ping.

Its a completely senseless game of Randomness, and many Russian bias. Only if you don't mind getting killed and lose by all those stupid mechanics this game might be for you.
  83. Jan 1, 2015
    its a fine game on the surface, but its mired with broken mechanics, its pay to win, and the community is probably the worst collective of terrible people you will ever meet.
  84. Oct 6, 2014
    This game has a ton of issues. The lack customer service. They rely on a automated system that continually tags people that do nothing wrong, and customer service dose nothing to fix the issues WHEN you have one. It is a fail game .
  85. Oct 14, 2014
    I enjoyed the game and spent real money on premium items and time, then had a customer service issue that was handled incredibly poorly. I abandoned my premium content and will not support any company with such abysmal customer "service"
  86. Oct 15, 2014
    Played since close beta and quitting the game, currently at ASIA server. i just list things wrong with WOT: still borked matchmaker, gold sink tanks (tanks that difficult to play to make you pay), accuracy buff and armor buff that favors russian tanks much, fantasy tanks, bots, racist players, cheating mods (modifications not moderators lol).
  87. Dec 24, 2014
    I've been playing this game for a long time. The game is the epitome of how to run a free to play game, and at the same time, why free to play games are killing video games in general.

It preys on users by coaxing them into a game that's fun. You spend some hours playing and think, "well, if I pay a little bit of money, I can get more xp and credits!" So, you invest a little of your hard earned cash, without really even knowing how to play the game skillfully yet. Since you don't really know what you're doing yet, the game is still fun though; so spending your money is worth it. Over a couple months, you start realizing certain things about the game...terrible things...but since you already invested your money and a great deal of time, it would be a waste of that money if you just gave the game up entirely, right? So you keep playing, and even invest more money. This is where you realize you've been duped. You have already invested enough money where it feels stupid to just give it up, but at the same rate...the game sucks. But since they've already snagged you, you still put in another 8k matches before re-asking yourself the question, "wtf am I still doing with this PoS installed??", play another 8k matches and rinse and repeat.

The biggest problem they have is balance. Granted, balancing in an MMO is not a trivial task, but Wargaming has shown they truly don't care. They have said on multiple occasions that matchmaking is not broken, and they will not do anything to fix it. But this isn't true. The problem is that you are either a tier 8 in a mostly tier 10 match, you have all the skilled players on one team, or worse yet: both. There is nothing more frustrating in the world to be in a mostly tier 10 match in a T28 (14 tier 10s, and your lonely T28), where the majority of your team sucks and thinks suicide is how you win, where your T28 is one of the slowest tanks in the game and can't relocate to help carry a bad team.

Grinding is such a chore in this game, because lower tier games you are almost certainly going to be on a bad team (understandably because they are new players), and as you get higher in tier, some players refuse to play anything other than tier 10 tanks because they are such big panzys that they refuse to be anything other than top tier. The majority of your grind will be tier 8-9 (the last two grinding tiers), and you will end up in a lot of tier 10 matches, in which some of those matches seem largely unfair. Frankly, WoT has a large enough community where they can do one of two things: skill-based matchmaking, or tier-based matchmaking where its a single tier spread. Having a 3 tier spread at launch made sense because of the smaller community, and lowering to 2 tier spread (what it is now) made more sense as the community grew, but at this point the community is massive so one of those two things has to be done, and it may even be possible to have tier-based matchmaking and a single tier spread, but I would be understanding if they only did one. I can wait a minute to get into a match. Either way, they choose to do nothing...

Their second biggest problem is the community. Like anywhere on the internet, people are generally jerk-offs and not only will not help you, but will go out of their way to troll you. They recently added a feature to disable in-game chat, which is hands down the only thing I've seen them implement that I was excited about. A lot of clans use the WN8 rating, which is understandable, to judge how good a player is in order to decide who gets into the clan. The problem with this is, if you don't have a 1800-2000 WN8 rating, you won't ever get into a good clan. My WN8 rating is considered between Good and Very Good, with normally my daily-weekly WN8 in the Unicum range. That being said, because I didn't have an overall WN8 that was Unicum, it means I could never get into any decent clans, and the only people I could play with were players that were far worse than me. Now, I'm no snob, but occasionally I would like to platoon up or do clan wars with players that I don't have to carry 9 matches out of 10. Because of how snobby the community is though, you can only get into a clan or platoon with good players if you are already a unicum.

Other than those two things, there are some minor (I say minor compared to what I've already mentioned, but probably wouldn't be minor in any other game) issues. Despite that there are only two severe problems I'm mentioning here, I'm still giving this game a 1 out of 10; this should say something about how massive these problems are. I hesitate even to say that, I may even enjoy this game if those two problems didn't exist. What I will say, is that the community in WarThunder is far more quiet in game, far less 'trollish', and I don't see the matchmaking issues that exist in WoT (at least not as sever as WoT has it), and I have not paid any money towards WarThunder, and I still prefer WarThunder; take that for what it's worth.
  88. Jan 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. World of Tanks is great fun initially. You learn about the different tanks, crew skills, equipment, etc. as well as tactics and various map terrain. But as your skills improve and you reach higher tiers, the game consistency and match making get worse for random battles. This is really bad because by this time you have invested money and more importantly, time. Rather than matching for skill, the MM pits relatively new players with those having a huge competitive advantage. The games become grossly polarized, for example I now continuously get games where there is a 35% or less chance to win. This ruins your chance to gain valuable experience points and your overall rating. Worse, the game is preferential to certain players. Watch Quickybaby on YouTube and see how many 60% or higher chance to win games he gets. I now have over 15,000 battles and the game is just not fun anymore, which is too bad because I have spent a lot of time getting there. So, don't be like me, limit your play with this game and enjoy other MMOs that offer better matchmaking and are more enjoyable as you gain XP. Cheers!!! Expand
  89. Jul 7, 2014
    The good: imagery, motion graphics...very realistic.
    The good: imagery, motion graphics...very realistic.
    Why I'm deleting this waste of 7 GB memory from my hard drive: Very first battle, my vehicle is lightly shaded. Different color vehicle races by. Different color on planet earth means "the other side," aka, enemy. WOT never got that memo. I aim, fire. WOT says, "You hit it!" Round 2 hits home. WOT says, "You pierced the armor!" (or whatever). Both comments intoned with a laudatory sense. Feeling pretty good about my marksmanship, line up round 3 and shoot. "You killed a friendly! Your account suspended for one day!"

If it's tank warfare, fine. If it's Nanny-care for people without a life who are full of mommy issues and play from mommy's basement, then call it that. I'm done. There simply will not come a day when some piece of garbage program has that level of control over my life or my spare time.
  90. Jul 13, 2014
    Well, I dont know where to start, in this game there are too many dumb noobs who dont know how to play and the chance of winning is very low. Only if you play with the greatest players. The developer of this game sucks aswell. It makes promisses of bonus codes if you watch a dumb stream of them. You only get a few codes with 50-100 gold.

When I played this game for the first time it was

When I played this game for the first time it was great, you had a few countries with enough tanks and each tank class had his own tier what makes it fun. Now, you have a few stupid tanks who can kill a tank with a single shot. Then you have another dumb german tank and that's a autoloader who can shot you to zero with a couple hits. Months later they decided to change the damage of the tanks.

This game is not fun anymore because there are too many countries with their own tanks, tanks will be nerfed and removed. (like T-50-2) Graphics will be **** up after a few patches. War gaming promisses a lot of things like HD models and other stuff. No we are a few updates further and still we have a couple HD models tanks. They plan was to make all tanks HD.

In my opinion don't play this game because you lose almost every game and the developer sucks.
    My English is not so well, I made this comment fast.
  91. Aug 4, 2014
    fun to play for a bit until about tier 5 (out of 10/11/12 depending on the type of tank) after that unless you pay your going no where fast as the XP and money gain doesn't increase as you level up like every good game does I.e. it does what a pay to play is expected to do; it gets you hooked then makes it impossible to carry on and have fun without forking out.
  92. Aug 20, 2014
    The more I played, the worse it feels. Also with many of its newer versions, WOT becomes worse. After spending tons of time & money in it, I deleted the whole thing together with my account.

It's getting worse, not because the developers are stupid, but they're too smart - they simply try to get more $ out of players' pocket, & don't care the rest. Some of the worst problems I can't stand: 1. It keeps on pushing out new s/w versions, which one has to upload or won't be able to play. In these new versions, many times some of the most fun tanks got nerfed, i.e. not playable any more. So you have to spend more $ & time to buy premium tanks & train crews. 2. Premium tanks get too much advantage over other players. Not fair. 3. Some of the players are just a_holes, AFK the whole game, or so stupid. But the game won't do anything about it. There are "reports" that one can file during the game. But it's totally useless. Also, the game gives one the ability to add another player on a personal black list. But that list is so short that it's a joke. Any way, now I have much better things to do than playing the stupid WOT.
  93. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like the game in general but it's ALOT of issues still example if you new don't count of being but whit newbies you will probably end up whit the best players in the game and lose.
    The only good I have to say about this is the look nothing more, the looks of the game and the canon fire but other then that this score should be at 0.
    This game is just about grinding.

Ps. if you are like me willing to play for stats and win-rate and so on DON'T play this game.
  94. Nov 3, 2014
    The game had so much potential, unfortunately the developers' Eastern European mentality was it's doom, which is basically the unwillingness to improve your service (or in this case: your game) if it's making a profit. WoT is definitely making a profit, so the devs conviniently ignore every single piece of constructive criticism or suggestions.

Grinding feels pointless after a certain

Grinding feels pointless after a certain tier, usually tier 6: from there, it just takes extremely long. Grinding is good when it's rewarding, when it's fun. But in WoT, grinding is not fun. You keep grinding and grinding until you finally unlock your next tank, but guess what, it's useless without upgrades. Slow, low firepower, low armor. Have fun grinding some more, until you have a slightly less useless tank, up until you max it out. THEN playing with that tank IS actually fun. But if that particular tank isn't your fetish, then chances are, you'll want the next one. And so the cycle of grinding continues.

The premium content is out of control. You can buy tanks for 60$, that have insane fire rate and mobility (hello E25, see you in hell), absurd armor and firepower (Löwe, IS-6, etc), and so on. Imagine how much fun it is to be killed by an overpowered premium tank. It's like the devs pummeling your face to the dirt, and then taking a **** on you as you lie on the ground helpless. I'm not overexaggerating, this is how it feels like. You died, just because someone paid more than you. Thanks.

The game itself is optimized very poorly. I play on my laptop, which has a decent GPU and a 3rd generation Inter i5 processor. Dead Space 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 2, they all run smoothly with 60-80 FPS on high/ultra settings. But not this ungodly slavic abomination of a tank game, since it maxes out around 40 FPS while everything is set to MINIMUM. I am playing with graphics straight out of 2002, but the framerate still drops sometimes. Interrestingly enough, 'Low' settings produce 30 FPS, 'Medium' caps at 25, 'High' at 20 and 'Maximum' at 10-15. Keep in mind, this is on a relatively small map with a few vehicles driving around. What the ****

The ingame economy it clearly geared towards spending real money. I am currently at Tier 7, with a few Tier 8 tanks researched, but I don't have enough money. Usually I earn 6-8K profit per battle if it's a good battle, and I currently have around 300K. I only need 2.100.000 more credits to buy a Tier 8, OR I can spend real money on gold or premium to get some money. So basically I need 300 good battles to get my Tier 8, but good battles are hard to come by, because of the matchmaking, which is horrible beyond reason. Another motivation from the devs for you, to spend money, so you won't be frustrated. I won't be spending money, because I don't like to be coerced into it, so **** off.

Lastly, the UI. It's lifeless, dull, boring and confusing. People wrote hundreds of suggestions about it on the forums, but as usual, they were ignored.

I don't recommend this game. If you really want to play with tanks, wait for Armored Warfare. At least it is being made by Obsidian, not a group of incompetent slavic chimps.
  95. Dec 18, 2014
    The Idea of the Game is good, and the Concept is well worked out but the Reality is a whole other Story. Poor to non existent MatchMaking, Nearly no Skill Required when you use P2W Ammo, some Premium-Tanks are way too powerful (looking at the E25) and the whole Tankgrinding makes it worse. (Especially when you don't pay 10€ per Month so we have P2W and P2P (Pay 2 Progress) )
    I'm playing
    I'm playing since the Closed Beta but now my Limits are reached...

When you are masochistic grab a friend or two, get something strong to drink and get ready for the Butthurt of your Life
  96. Jan 16, 2015
    This game is fun to play, if you can ever manage to learn how to play it. Wargaming.net provides absolutely no useful instruction on how to play the game effectively, they teach you how to drive the tanks and shoot a gun but nothing more. They don't teach players any kind of skills that are required to play the game such as situational awareness or tactical analysis skills. And if aThis game is fun to play, if you can ever manage to learn how to play it. Wargaming.net provides absolutely no useful instruction on how to play the game effectively, they teach you how to drive the tanks and shoot a gun but nothing more. They don't teach players any kind of skills that are required to play the game such as situational awareness or tactical analysis skills. And if a player asks for help they are either bombarded by overly specific information that can overwhelm them or completely unhelpful jerks who just skullbash the new player for not learning how to play the game properly. And Wargaming.net only continues to encourage this by running events and adding new things to draw people in which leads to these new people running around without a clue trying to complete the new missions or achieve the bonuses being offered. World of Tanks is becoming little more then a tanks flavored bland run and gun game rather then a unique and fun thoughtful tactical game. Expand
  97. Feb 6, 2015
    Okay, the game concept itself is very promising and in my opinion this game filled a gap and was developed at the right time. Many shooter like Counterstrike and so on rely on fast reaction times and have a very hectic gameplay. WoT is different in that way, that you do not need fast reaction times and the game could be more relaxing. In my opinion this is the basement of the success ofOkay, the game concept itself is very promising and in my opinion this game filled a gap and was developed at the right time. Many shooter like Counterstrike and so on rely on fast reaction times and have a very hectic gameplay. WoT is different in that way, that you do not need fast reaction times and the game could be more relaxing. In my opinion this is the basement of the success of this game.

BUT: This game will annoy you very soon. It's a rage game. Just visit some streams on youtube or twitch and you will see how this game drives their players mad. You are not playing the game. The game is playing you.

It starts with the matchmaking which isn't a real match making. It just randomly selects players and throws them on the same map. So skilled player and bloody beginners are thrown in the same game. This is not fun for the skilled player nor for the beginner. I would say out of 10 games 4 are balanced and interesteing. The other 6 games you are either dominating the enemy team or just being overrun by them.

Additionally there are one kind of tanks (artillery), which behave completely different from the other tank classes. Just think of it, as a player in counterstrike which is able to select every 30 seconds an enemy player on the score board, who will be taken out of the match. In order to make this class not overpowered they have put some randomness on it. So the server decides, whether you take the enemey player out of the game or not. This is not fun and makes you sometimes mad, if you are playing a nice batlle with an enemey and someone just decides that you are "out".

Additionally the game has actually 200??? or 300??? different tanks and you have to know each one of them in order to find the weak spot, where you can shoot through. This is not fun, becaues the learning curve is very very long.

There are a lot of more points, where the developer intentionally decides to annoy you. I never ever played a game which is so luck based. There is definately some kind of learning curve and a skill based component in this game. But those "skill's" doesn't change anything at the outcome of most of the matches.
  98. Feb 9, 2015
    The game is very good and fun, But the fact that so many "pay to play-players" have used money to get all there high tier tanks. totally ruins the game. :(
  99. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is Shi**y as F**k, and support in this game suc**s, WORST GAME EVER!
    If you want start, DON'T DO THIS, THIS WILL BE YOUR WORST DECISION IN LIFE!
    support, game devs, managers su**s and they only care 'bout RU Server
  100. Dec 17, 2012
    Grinding is not fun. The cost of faster advancement is not cheap. You can easily spent more than $100 on this game.

You will be cycled through a pattern of being frustratingly weak and slow, until you upgrade your tank fully. You can either then try to get your crew experience if you enjoy fighting in that tier and want to stick to a tank, or move on and restart a new cycle of frustration and upgrading. Those who upgraded or have paid, will enjoy destroying others in your helpless state... "zomg, I killed 5+ tanks! So epic!"

I personally got fed up by Tier 3/4. I finally found a tank I liked, the German "Luchs", but the reward for the grind just wasn't very satisfying. Some have said that Tier 6 tank that my Luchs can research into, a VK2801 or something, was amazing, but I rather not play a game with so much grinding, unless it had a better social aspect.

To say the least, I really like the music.
  101. Dec 22, 2011
    This game is really geat addiction to my and all my freinds. Game is really interesting and fast. There is no several months of one story/battle, but only fast 15 minutes battles that give you more or less silver nad XP witch give you ability to progress to better tanks. I play this for 9 months and there is time when I am bored with game but because clan wars and team mates I come backThis game is really geat addiction to my and all my freinds. Game is really interesting and fast. There is no several months of one story/battle, but only fast 15 minutes battles that give you more or less silver nad XP witch give you ability to progress to better tanks. I play this for 9 months and there is time when I am bored with game but because clan wars and team mates I come back every time :-)
    Only bad thing in game is overprised gold witch give you better progress in game.

1. Dec 18, 2012
    Bucketloads of depth and surprisingly simple to jump into. It's free, too! [Jan 2013, p.84]
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    World of Tanks is the ultimate tank battle game, and with a price tag of 0 whatever your currency is - there really isn't anything major to complain about.
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    It combines aspects of great RPG games and first person shooters, wraps them into a package that will appeal to the historian, and tosses in a dash of addiction to combine into one great final product.