5.4

1. Nov 22, 2014
    High on my list of reasons why I quit WoW, this expansion just took the cake as far as nerfing things to placate incompetents and dullards. Absolutely nothing was a challenge, or if something was it lasted for about a week until Blizzard got round to nerfing it. Anyone who suffered through the indignities of Wrath and Cataclysm and is still playing the game either has incredible stayingHigh on my list of reasons why I quit WoW, this expansion just took the cake as far as nerfing things to placate incompetents and dullards. Absolutely nothing was a challenge, or if something was it lasted for about a week until Blizzard got round to nerfing it. Anyone who suffered through the indignities of Wrath and Cataclysm and is still playing the game either has incredible staying power with lost causes (Perhaps they`re all from Scotland) or at least one serious mental problem.

The only positive innovation I could find was the inclusion of rated battlegrounds, which were great fun while my ill-considered final WoW subscription ran its course. But who subs to an MMORPG to play RBGs? I know I don`t, and everything else was total trash.
  2. Nov 13, 2014
    Well done blizzard! I did like cataclysm because of new zones raids and dungeons! Not bad! I did like some of the raids like Firelands, Dragon soul, Bastion of twilight or end time. Dungeons were cool, too but raids were better. Okay let's start with zones. I did enjoy playing in vashj'ir, deepholm and the best zone was uldum. I loved uldum because of cool atmosphere and dungeons. Vashj'irWell done blizzard! I did like cataclysm because of new zones raids and dungeons! Not bad! I did like some of the raids like Firelands, Dragon soul, Bastion of twilight or end time. Dungeons were cool, too but raids were better. Okay let's start with zones. I did enjoy playing in vashj'ir, deepholm and the best zone was uldum. I loved uldum because of cool atmosphere and dungeons. Vashj'ir okay 6 out of 10 quests were not so good. Okay, some cataclysm quests did suck. I'm glad that there were cool raids. I bloodly hated questing in deepholm because of too many strong mobs. Mount hyjal - bad. Too small and why did u place sulfurion spire there? I still wonder. Lore was bad. Raids - Awesome! Loved them! Dragon soul was best and firelands too because they were so epic!!! Just the bosses of dragon soul and firelands did stop me reviewing this 3. Dungeons- nah crap had moments. Okay. About global changes. I think, cata did kinda fail because of global. Wow is getting too easy. You can simply raise your character to level 100 in 5 days or 85 when i was playing cata. Okay cata - 5 out of 10 nice. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2014
    The ideas behind this expansion were solid and quite interesting. It was exciting to see Deathwing break out into the world from Deepholm in the opening cinematic and play through the story of Deathwing throughout the expansion. The worlds and questing story was great. However, at times, there were sections of the expansion that felt forced. This includes some of the raids and some of theThe ideas behind this expansion were solid and quite interesting. It was exciting to see Deathwing break out into the world from Deepholm in the opening cinematic and play through the story of Deathwing throughout the expansion. The worlds and questing story was great. However, at times, there were sections of the expansion that felt forced. This includes some of the raids and some of the zones and quests in the game. It felt as though they didn't have enough stuff for Deathwing in the game so they just threw in some extra side stuff and it didn't feel as though it all belonged in this expansion as everything did with Wrath of the Lich King. The game was quite fun, but the raids got boring quick. I still think it was a decent expansion though. It could have been worse, like Mists of Pandaria. Expand
  4. Sep 12, 2014
    Pros: N/A

Pros: N/A

Cons: The game lore was destroyed after Deathwing came back to life for the "Cataclysm expansion; highly inflationary economy; terrible leveling and gear systems where for example a level one character cannot even harm a level 80; each new expansion effectively resets the game, making your previous achievements through time invested worthless; game is deliberately designed like a giant money-generating hamster wheel for the players to run on, that is it rewards time invested very much and actual skill very little; once a new expansion is out, you can really no longer play the older versions of the game you had paid for.

Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Graphics 8/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 5/10, Voice Acting 5/10, Background Story 2/10, Plot Development 0/10, Realism 0/10, Gameplay 0/10, Replay Value 0/10, Game Publisher's Ethics -100/10, Total Score 0/10

Conclusion: Ignore this game instead of playing or buying it.
  5. Jun 5, 2014
    A lot of people didn't/ don't like this expansion but I really enjoyed it. It was difficult and made the bad players who thought they were good (who also happen to always have the biggest mouths) leave out of frustration. The community continues to get more and more toxic and it continues to effect the game itself.
    Some of the best 5man content comes from this expansion as well as some of
    Some of the best 5man content comes from this expansion as well as some of the best raid boss fights. BWD (and the final boss) could be argued as reused content like NAXX as well as reusing a certain famous boss from the original game. At this point all my friends have stopped playing which lowered my enjoyment by half. I also enjoyed the remake of the original game, it needed the upgrade bad.
  6. May 24, 2014
    so incredibly easy that a 5 year old could level 90 in one day... oh wait that's what Blizz was ACTUALLY going for?! Oh GJ Blizz

(and dont even get me started with the Warcraft Pokemons!)
  7. May 22, 2014
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm SUCKS!
    Why?
    -more than 40 minutes waiting in a queue to play random dungeons
    -bugged quests and dungeons
    -mobs that never die
    -lags that disconnect you from server
    -piece of **** gameplay
    -censorhip
    -never get an answer from customer support/ticket system
    -fanatism
    -and many lies

TO ALL BLIZZARD EMPLOYEES: GO F--- YOURSELVES!
  8. Feb 21, 2014
    Cataclysm was a positive expansion for WoW.... but not as much as TBC or WotLK. Cata brought about come game updates that really needed to happen for the future of the game... but didn't provide as much content for end-game as the previous expansions.
  9. Aug 30, 2013
    Why "modern" WoW is bad:

Why "modern" WoW is bad:

First of all there isn't a world anymore. In a normal world you get to know people, know their strengths, their weaknesses. It used to be that way in WoW too, back when each player didn't own 30 alts on his account, 30 on a friends account and 30 more on his grandma's. Instant lvl 80, RaF and all this crap. Also, in a normal world there aren't 50 different versions of Elwynn Forest like there are in WoW (*cough *cough server hopping). Not to mention the good old summoning stones that actually required 2 people to fly to instance for a summon (at least they still exist in raid dungeons).. If you think about it they have cut down the time required on a lot of things (from looting to getting on your mount)

Dailies. Did I say dailies? Are those quests? Those little dots that appear on the minimap? Those little dots that you just follow and just start clicking buttons mindlessly? You don't even have to do any research about the legendary quest... It just pops up in the middle of your god damn screen. DAMN, that's some hardcore gaming right there. Thank you Wowhead we won't need you again, back to farming dots for our alts.

Of course since everyone is busy playing on all of their 8 alts each day, nobody can play ANY class well. And of course nobody has the proper gear for the raid dungeon he is about to attempt.. So we make raid dungeons have no requirements. You can basically enter with uncommon gear and clear it in no time. Hooray, that was fun.

I understand that there weren't that many """"""""""gamers""""""""""" using the internet back in 2004, but ruining a good game for those casual players who think that they are paying for an enhanced version of plant vs zombies is simply unacceptable.
  10. Aug 19, 2013
    I started playing WoW a few months after release and continued playing fervently up until WotLK was released. I still played on and off casually during WotLK, however, still thinking the game was fun, but I just didn't have enough time to play as much anymore. I bought Cataclysm on the day of release to try it out and had a few thoughts on it. First of all, the game became a total jokeI started playing WoW a few months after release and continued playing fervently up until WotLK was released. I still played on and off casually during WotLK, however, still thinking the game was fun, but I just didn't have enough time to play as much anymore. I bought Cataclysm on the day of release to try it out and had a few thoughts on it. First of all, the game became a total joke (even more than before) where every quest or NPC was some silly pop culture reference, which I found to be a turn off. An entire zone was based off of an Indiana Jones movie! I made it to level 85, and quickly found myself bored by the PvE content. On the bright side, they added a talent to fury warriors that allowed me to pull aggro constantly during normal 5 mans and not die because of the increased chance to parry. This was very useful and enjoyable while DPSing, as paying attention to aggro became too tedious. In fact, it was at this time that the best part of Cataclysm stood out to me: huge explosions of large yellow numbers, more yellow numbers than I had ever seen on my screen before as a warrior. Maybe years of WoW playing just burned me out, or maybe Cataclysm sucks. If you really want to buy the game and try it then decide for yourself, but I'd say its worth passing on unless you really love the WoW universe. Expand
  11. Jul 29, 2013
    This expansion definitely made the game worse than it was before. The transition from the old world to the new one, although it looked fun as an idea, turned out to be pretty bad. I suddenly felt myself alienated from the game, there was no world as I knew it anymore, and instead just super-simplified zones where you just moved from one griffon master to another and doing all those smallThis expansion definitely made the game worse than it was before. The transition from the old world to the new one, although it looked fun as an idea, turned out to be pretty bad. I suddenly felt myself alienated from the game, there was no world as I knew it anymore, and instead just super-simplified zones where you just moved from one griffon master to another and doing all those small quests.
    Yet I must say in retrospect, that compared to what they did in Mysts of Pandaria, this expansion was still pretty much on Blizzard's level.
  12. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  13. Apr 17, 2013
    Blizzard made a huge mistake in this particular expansion. The game has been dumbed down, to the point where hardcore gamers are just a bunch of tryhard dicks. This game takes minimal effort for the original gamers, and they will find themselves done with the game completely if they are in a competent guild in no time. It also reduced the amount of individuality that the game had byBlizzard made a huge mistake in this particular expansion. The game has been dumbed down, to the point where hardcore gamers are just a bunch of tryhard dicks. This game takes minimal effort for the original gamers, and they will find themselves done with the game completely if they are in a competent guild in no time. It also reduced the amount of individuality that the game had by decreasing the amount a person can use their talent tree, or at least the freedom to do so.

Now if you are new to WOW this expansion is quite awesome. The way a person is able to rise to the top with the best gear around by putting minimal effort and being that idiot that sits in a corner due to lag or lack of any idea as to what they are doing. Old WOW is dead, and so is the reward.
  14. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. World of Warcraft Expansion: ‘Cataclysm’ Views on the PvE & PvP system
    World of Warcraft has changed alot during the time I’ve played. I wasn’t sure how Cataclysm would go down, but it has surprised me. The game-play has improved overall; however the PvP experience and PvE experience has changed alot. An Example of how PvP changed; PvE raid gear can be acquired by doing ‘Raid Finders’ premade groups. Gear is dropped from bosses, however there is an unbalanced PvP system because of this because now Patch 3.3.5 raid gear is much more overpowered than the PvP gear. This makes no sense... PvP gear should be doing its job, owning ‘noobs’ in BG’s with PvE gear. However this is not the case, you will get 1shotted by certain classes which have been tweaked to increase their performance and whom acquire these over-powered raid gear. On the other hand, the Raiding experience in Cataclysm has improved which is what kept me playing, raid bosses, world bosses encounters are becoming harder which means it’s not just charge and attack, the group has to form strategies and implement them into their game-play. The new raids have also been tweaked and bosses are seemingly dropping better loot and at a more often rate. Overall I believe the new expansion ‘Cataclysm’ has impacted WoW in a big way. The PvP system has corrupted due to the unbalanced gear but however the raiding experience is becoming alot more fun, and makes players think twice about tactics and strategies to overcome an encounter. Hopefully in the next expansion, the PvP system will get balanced and the gear will be sorted. What I mean by sorted is that PvP gear is better than the majority of the PvE gear because that’s what it is for and nerf downgrade the PvP gear so that its only got an advantage while PvE raiding. The best thing about this expansion is that the scenery has changed and everyone wants a new change right? Stormwind looks brilliant. The fiery cores and corrupt walls have really made the city look as if it was attacked by ‘Death-wing’ the world boss. So I believe because of this expansion they are trying to persuade players to do more PvE rather than PvP. The PvE Loot system is still the same, and is very good (Need before Greed). Very well done Blizz, however please consider balancing the PvP system in the next expansion!
    Click here to see the trailer for the expansion CLICK HERE
    #World of Warcraft-‘Cataclysm’
    - Infamous Offence
  15. Mar 7, 2013
    I really liked the Heroic Difficulty and raid mechanics that the dungeons had at the start of the expansion, i really dislike the other stuff like pvp, questing and the lore that this game gave us.
  16. Jan 8, 2013
    This is where things started to get really bad. The inherent problem lies in the fact that this is the turning point of WoW where it became all about grinding, and less about the story or having fun.In classic wow and the expansions leading up to this abomination it was about exploring the new content, roleplaying, watching the storyline unfold, and having fun with your friends, but withThis is where things started to get really bad. The inherent problem lies in the fact that this is the turning point of WoW where it became all about grinding, and less about the story or having fun.In classic wow and the expansions leading up to this abomination it was about exploring the new content, roleplaying, watching the storyline unfold, and having fun with your friends, but with THIS expansion, it was about hitting the level cap and grinding for gear. Part of the problem is that the community was starting to take a nosedive in wotlk, but atleast in wotlk the community was still atleast half decent, but in cataclysm the community hit rock bottom, and the game isn't to blame for this, just bad customer service and other people not keeping the community in line, And while there are those rare servers that kept their communities in line, such as Cenarion Circle, those were RARE, and even if you were on one of those servers, those servers felt pretty empty and were not nearly as lively as they used to be. Even with a good community though, the game still sucked, mainly because the content felt shallow and it was all about grinding, which, by the way, may be necessary to an extent, they took it TOO FAR in this expansion. WoW would never get it's groove back after this expansion was released, going on to make a **** storyline about the events leading up to killing deathwing, and another **** expansion, Mists of pandaria. Expand
  17. Jan 4, 2013
    Haven't played on the official site yet!!! But a pretty good one!! Amazing ideas used!!! I guess the best online game till date!!! Gotta see the latest addition!!
  18. Dec 10, 2012
    The turning point in WoW as Blizzard start to run out of ideas ? Much of the old content is now gone and changed to suit the casual player and leveling and dungeons have been made very easy. Still a great story being told and the base game play is still fun.
  19. Dec 2, 2012
    Worst expansion to date (didn't try MOP yet) but it wasn't that bad. Biggest plus for reworking 1-60 zones, 80-85 was OK and end game was just more of the same. It was just missing the feeling that TBC and WOTLK had.
  20. Oct 1, 2012
    Cataclysm is an expansion that had so much potential.The new races are terrific.Unfortunately, questing in Outlands and Northrend is still terrible after 100 times.The endgame has few dungeons, that are not so amusing.And the final boss/patch was just too fast and not epic.
  21. Sep 29, 2012
    I'm not sure why I didn't end up enjoying Cataclysm - it was based upon a lot of revolutionary ideas. Up until that point, I hadn't been that excited about a new expansion since Burning Crusade. The events leading up to Cataclysm were well done and exciting. The new races were additions to the game that I felt were long overdue. Archaeology was a new secondary profession I looked forwardI'm not sure why I didn't end up enjoying Cataclysm - it was based upon a lot of revolutionary ideas. Up until that point, I hadn't been that excited about a new expansion since Burning Crusade. The events leading up to Cataclysm were well done and exciting. The new races were additions to the game that I felt were long overdue. Archaeology was a new secondary profession I looked forward to, as well as the concept of guild leveling. The breaking of the world and overhaul/redesign of classic zones was an innovative, ballsy and refreshing move by Blizzard, and I felt it would breathe new life into the game. I was giddy with anticipation at the inclusion of new zones that were an integral part of Warcraft lore such as Hyjal and Vashj'ir. However, Cataclysm is a hard lesson for everyone that shows how an outstanding idea can be implemented in the wrong way. First, the good: The new zones were beautiful and fun to play in, though like in WOTLK, Blizzard decided to force the player to choose between two fantastic zones that robbed the player of the full leveling experience of Cataclysm by making Vashj'ir and Hyjal the same zone level. Having to choose between these zones was a horrible decision to make, because I was keenly interested in both. The quests in these new zones were, at times, broken and lackluster. In addition, the new zones were spread WAY too far apart and didn't seem to fit together. Next, let's look at the new races. I hate what they did with the starting areas - why they made these areas "instanced" is beyond me. One can argue that the Cataclysm that drove these races to their respective factions is why you can never return to these zones, but it was exceedingly annoying that your new characters had no access to mailboxes after you left the initial starting zone, and if you got sick of the starting zone, you HAD to finish it before joining the rest of Azeroth. They wrote themselves into a corner and had to do it this way, but surely they could have written the lore differently so that, like other races, they could easily port to a new zone in Azeroth if they grew tired of being forced to go through the same story over and over. I was particularly disappointed with the Worgen, because the fall of Gilneas is STILL broken, and one wrong move during this final battle and you're ported back to the beginning of the instance and have to start over. Quests in the starting areas had a few fun experiences, but many were tedious. I felt the new quests in the retailored classic zones were redundant, because it was more efficient for players to grind through levels by running dungeons and battlegrounds, while questing in the refurbished zones wasn't nearly as fast. All of the work done by writers and developers to overhaul the classic zones was wasted, since running dungeons would get a player leveled more quickly. The ethos of WoW seemed to change with Cata, where leveling was no longer a journey to be enjoyed but a grind to be overcome. Perhaps it's because max level is ridiculously high while Blizzard hasn't adequately increased experience gained by questing to make players want to bother. In addition, the game has become far too easy. Cata kind of went from one extreme to another - they broke the healing class and made it exceedingly difficult to make it through a dungeon alive, and then they went the other way and made it far too easy. Guild leveling, intended to bring members of a guild closer together, acted instead to make guilds more cliquey - and now, almost 2 years post-Cata, people are only joining level 25 guilds for the benefits and ignoring the lower level guilds, making it almost impossible for new guilds to level, as there's no incentive to join. I'm not sure why I left two months after Cata's release - I became aware of Cata's faults later on, but at the time I couldn't put my finger on what I didn't like about it. I just found myself in Stormwind one day with some friends repeatedly jumping off our flying mounts into the water, and realized, "I'm bored and unmotivated...what's the point of playing this game anymore?" I returned briefly 9 months later, only to have my lowbie slaughtered repeatedly with players decked out in BoA gear in battlegrounds and then slapped in the face with MoP, a further degradation into mediocrity. Cataclysm is when WoW lost its magic for me, and MoP ended up being the nail in the coffin of a once fantastic game. If Blizzard created separate servers for Vanilla WoW or BC (with achievements) or even WOTLK (still good, but not my favourite), I'd pay a monthly fee and play again in a heartbeat, but the direction developers have taken and the decisions they have made with this game since Cata has rendered this game unplayable. Expand
  22. Sep 29, 2012
    Bad product. blizzard has not been able to address the expansion,wanting to please everyone. Unbalanced classes for the entire exp and lack of interest in repairing bad moves made ​​at the start,
    while customers continued to pay every month with the hope of a quality product
  23. Sep 28, 2012
    WoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a differentWoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a different demographic - the game is now for kids. If you enjoy paying a monthly fee AND playing with (other) children, this game might be for you. Expand
  24. Sep 27, 2012
    I am officially late in writing this review, but I finally finished playing the game. I thoroughly enjoyed this expansion and the progression of the WoW story. The game is aging, though perhaps aging well. High-points were the Firelands raid, and the heroics and raids present at launch. Vashir was beautifully done, and has the least annoying underwater combat in any game I've everI am officially late in writing this review, but I finally finished playing the game. I thoroughly enjoyed this expansion and the progression of the WoW story. The game is aging, though perhaps aging well. High-points were the Firelands raid, and the heroics and raids present at launch. Vashir was beautifully done, and has the least annoying underwater combat in any game I've ever played (though the gated nature of the zone almost forbade exploration and there was no reason to go back to it afterwards). Transmog (item appearance customization) arrived (at last... better 7 years late than never), but is still too restrictive... this made old content fresh again... brilliant! Low points were the dismally small amount of raid bosses released with Firelands and Dragon Soul. The progression reset with a new expansion's increased level cap is unavoidable, but the structure of valor/justice/heroics made for a mini-progression reset with every sub-patch, and really forced many people to see the gear treadmill through the curtain. Quests were also painfully linear. Talent trees were simplified with the aim of reducing options while increasing choice... unfortunately, the opposite happened, taking 10 or so "truly-optional" talent assignments down to ~3. Mists has reduced this further. Goblin and worgen starting quests were well done. The community has been becoming increasingly toxic, but cross-server raiding has the chance to make this less of an issue, as it has opened the door for sites like openraid.us where there are consequences once again for being a d-bag.

Overall, I had some of my happiest moments in videogames with this expansion. I mostly blame my guild for that, but this game let that happen, so I'm deeply appreciative.
  25. Sep 27, 2012
    As far as MMO's go, I have played better. Unfortunately in WoW you will frequently find yourself standing 40 yrds, from an enemy and casting spells or attacks at him over and over. IMO the cap should have been 75 at most, beyond that just feels like grinding.
  26. Sep 19, 2012
    This was the expasnion where WoW's slow decline began. Technically you coudl argue the last 'wasted' year of Wrath of the Lich King (no patches, no new content barring the abysmal Ruby Sanctum) was the beginnign of the decline, but Cataclysm cemented the decline.

Missed commitments: No path of the titans;. less dungeons than promised; the dual raid structure dropped after the first release. Revamped zones lacked flavour and were streamlined to ridiculous extremes. The expansion ends with the following behaviour: players login and never leave the capital cities; they queue to run serial dungeons (or battlegrounds) until they meet their weekly cap of valour points. There's no discussion or interaction in dungeon runs, and Blizzard has roled the latin americas into the queue so language is now an issue anyways. 20 man raiding died this expansion. With homogenized gear, guilds focus on 10 man progression. LFR kills off any casual raiding or server pugs, further destroying any social interaction. Mid point of the expansion, Blizzard started to bribe players to maintain their subscriptions by giving away free copies of Diablo 3 via their annual pass. A very poorly executed expansion -- poor lore, bad design decisions, and increasing desperation to maintain their subscription base. Peak WoW is over, a slow inevitable decline has started. WoWs market position is now the result mainly of nostalgia and player inertia versus quality of product.
  27. Sep 4, 2012
    The good old days, when WoW was a revolution are over. To be honest: Cataclysm just deserves the 3 Points, because of changing the world map - an idea that came a few years too late. And the rest of the game? Well, it's pretty unfair. The way, Mounts and stuff are patched out of the game or being reduced to a minimum, so everyone playing 10h can get something, you've been working weeksThe good old days, when WoW was a revolution are over. To be honest: Cataclysm just deserves the 3 Points, because of changing the world map - an idea that came a few years too late. And the rest of the game? Well, it's pretty unfair. The way, Mounts and stuff are patched out of the game or being reduced to a minimum, so everyone playing 10h can get something, you've been working weeks for, is just unfair. Also the balance: while some classes get nerved all the time, pretty Paladin gets more and more op stuff. The times, feeling like a hero, having some things nearly alone, are gone. It became more and more a game for 6 year old children. I won't even describe the horrible quest system or even the achievements. Expand
  28. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cataclysm was the third expansion for World of Warcraft and my least favourite. The first two weeks of play were fun while I was leveling. Blizzard had really polished its phasing, vehicle fights and the way quests are presented in this expansion. Two of the new zones went in a different direction than your typical WoW zone and I liked those zones best. One was an under water zone. Many people don't like it, but personally I like it because it is different from all the other WoW zones. The other was was a cut-scene full zone that was mostly a parody of the Indiana Jones movies, I also enjoyed that zone a lot too, although some others did not. The questing in the new zones in this expansion were more linear and really told a story which I liked. Some players did not like this. One problem I encountered with this setup early on was that the phasing for one of the water zone quests was bugged which prevented you from being able to progress in the zone for about a week, so I had to leave the zone and do another one in the meantime.

The first end game instances in this expansion was kind of disappointing. For me I found that the graphics of the place just looked too old and boring, they looked like the old 5 man instances inside the mountain that were created back in 2004, they really could have done a better job on the looks of these places. The bosses weren't really that memorable. Maybe it was because we had all been playing for years and just weren't that blown away by raids anymore. Maybe the bosses weren't really that special. Right now the only one I really remember is the blind dragon, so I guess the rest in that place were not memorable lol. I do remember seeing Onyxia during the end boss fight and thinking to myself "Didn't we already kill her in a previous expansion?" Well, really we killed her already two expansions because they remade her original instance at one point too.

They really nerfed healers mana at the start of this expansion, they wanted it to be more challenging to heal but they went overboard. I had played as mainly a healer for 6 years before this point and this was the first expansion that I did not enjoy healing in. I could do it, but it just was no fun watching your team mates die because you were severey mana-challenged, especially when you were running the normal 5 mans or heroics and didn't have much end-game gear. Tol Barad was also horribly designed at the start of this expansion so that 99% of the time the opposite faction than I was had control of it. And since the loot pinata boss inside of it was only accessible to who controled it that meant no easy raid gear for our guild and that really sucked. They eventually fixed it but it was months later so by that time it was too late to get the bad taste of the design of that place out of my mouth.

When Firelands came out I was logging on each day to max out my gear tokens by running the Firelands dailies and heroic dailies. It started to feel like a chore. I would log on, do my daily quests then do my daily heroics and then log out on non-raid days. Not because I wanted to, but because it was necessary to do to max out the number of gear tokens I could get to get myself new gear as fast as possible. The Firelands dailies took a long time to complete. Blizzard has even come out and admitted that they were tuned to take too long. Then I realized that the rewards for completing all the dailies enough times rewarded gear that was slightly worse than what I was already wearing in most cases. This was the point where I got burned out on the game and I quit for 6 months. Blizzard bribed me back with their overpowered Scroll of Ressurrection where they allowed you to insta-level any one of your toons to level 80 (close to the level 85 cap). Other than the new transmog feature which finally lets me use the look of my favourite gear while wearing something else there was not enough to really keep me hooked on the game. I used the new LFR to join zerg fests to get the lower versions of the tier set, but it just feels so cheap and meaningless since no skill was involved to get them. I hung out with my guild for a couple of months to get the normal Dragon Soul tier set and that was fun, but not as fun as the old days. I barely play these days,. I am uncertain if I will purchase the next expansion.

I am giving this expansion a 6/10 because, I don't think it was a terrible expansion so I think it deserves at least average, but there is "je ne sais quoi" that was missing from this expansion that I can't give it a better rating than that.
  29. Aug 31, 2012
    Seriously, this game needs complete graphic engine update. I do not understand why Blizzard do not invest money in this direction since apparently they have all possibilities to do so.
  30. Aug 30, 2012
    The thoughts going into the Cataclysm expansion were good ones. There was an intention of customization and letting people play how they wanted to play.
    What came out of beta and was shipped and then patched was nothing like what was promised. Stat customization went from an optional cool thing, to something that was just plainly required because itemization went down the drain.
    The
    The talent tree revamp flopped.
    The raid content flopped for the most part.
    A lot of pvp content that was supposed to come in, never did, and got pushed into MoP instead, and the stuff that should have come out in MoP is not coming out. That is to say PvP content that had been around in files since the Cataclysm beta were never utilized and instead just recycled for a later expansion, which they have no context in.
    Blizzard has become quicker to do knee jerk nerfs, but now waits years to fix any problems they create in their knee jerk nerfs. Druids are a case and point in this expansion, early on they were doing fairly solid all around, average players stayed in the middle of the pack while playing the class, and awesome players performed awesomely, instead of the druid class' usual performance where average players perform sub par and good players may just barely make out ahead of the middle of the pack. Blizzard's methods for remedying this change in performance were to put mechanics into the class that removed key talents and abilities from toolkits thus severely nerfing you no matter what you did. MoP is showing the same trends in dev behavior. No they can't be reasoned with to be shown the errors of their ways, they just dig in deeper when you prove them wrong.

The amount of content put in this expansion is the smallest amount put in any iteration of WoW to date, and all for the same price (for you) as previous iterations. This also isn't a trend that doesn't seem to be going away or getting better, but instead getting worse in the upcoming years.

Yeah, I could write a short novel on all of the downfalls of Cata, and the problems so far seen in the next xpack MoP. I can't do that here, so just walk away with the knowledge and suggestion to stay away from WoW until next year at the earliest, maybe the end of next year to check up and see if anything has been fixed, and the devs have gotten a few humble pills so that way they stop thinking they can treat their customers like crap and still charge full price for less than half of the content advertised.
  31. Aug 30, 2012
    I can't believe i went back to WOW for this, i left after i got bored with Burning Crusade thinking Cataclysm would bring dramatic changes, but it's just the same old crap, boring questing.

I've played Guild wars 2 for about 10 hours and already had more FUN then the 3 or so years I've had in WOW.
  32. Aug 16, 2012
    I cannot believe how sad this game was. Every expansion it seems like they are trying to dumb it down even more so than the vanilla game was. The only things nice were the water, new graphics and new race/class options. The quests and environment changes were fun for twenty minutes then it got bland and only seemed like rehashed quests and Wrath of the Lich King buildings.
  33. Aug 6, 2012
    WoW is a great game, but this is not a great expansion. The storyline is really boring and Deathwing is very impersonal antagonist. In BC and WotLK the antagonists were very well known and loved Blizzard characters: Illidan and Arthas.
    Also the overall style of the expansion is rather cheesy. The new Thrall seems more like a coward than a legendary orc hero.
    Some of the new areas

Some of the new areas indeed look nice - but because they're split all over the world there's not really a nice connection between them like in the two earlier expansions. And there's not a main city which would serve as a whole server's meeting place and a place to hang out.

To sum up, the Cataclysm was a huge disappointment. The original "Warcraft-feel" is gone. The storyline's not interesting anymore. BC and WotLK had a lot of influences from earlier Warcraft-series games, such as Warcraft 3. Cataclysm doesn't.
  34. Aug 3, 2012
    Leveling 1-60 once again was a bit of fun seeing the new content and zones, but entirely a single-player experience. Thankfully, it is a quick journey. After that though, you realize how bad the questing is in the Burning Crusade zones and trudge through (or do nothing but dungeons) until you hit the Lick King content.

Once you hit end game, it's the same WoW you've always known. Grind

Once you hit end game, it's the same WoW you've always known. Grind for gear, grind for rep, grind for some more gear, and then grind some more. Is it fun? Not for me anymore, but WoW still remains the most "solid" and polished MMO experience to date - though the impressiveness of that feat is diminished by the fact they've had 8 years now to work on it.

Mists of Panderia will be the first WoW expansion I do not purchase, and not only because of how much Cataclysm changed the game (for worse) but because the Everquest model of grind levels to then grind gear is just not enough to hold my interest anymore.
  35. Jul 28, 2012
    I liked this game when I was leveling. It was very tedious because quests were just a simple go there and complete a few quests there and then go there and complete a few quests there. But it was still fun. However, this tediousness made the game almost unplayable with more than 1 character to level. Because the second time running all this just like the first time, was extremely boringI liked this game when I was leveling. It was very tedious because quests were just a simple go there and complete a few quests there and then go there and complete a few quests there. But it was still fun. However, this tediousness made the game almost unplayable with more than 1 character to level. Because the second time running all this just like the first time, was extremely boring and it felt more like work. I never leveled more than 2 chars because of that. I gave up with the 3rd on level 81.

Anyway, the atmosphere, scenery and story line was really well done. But again, there was something that made it uglier: The viewing distance. In WotLK you could customize it to like 1700 and the game instantly looked sooooo much better. But on Cata they axed that and 1250 or something was maximum. The game had DX10 effects, yes, but those were completely negated by the lower viewing distance.

When I reached 85 I still had lots to do, like raising reputations, getting PvP gear and running heroics, which were really challenging at the start. But only a few weeks after came the patches and attempts to balance. They failed horribly in every aspect, so much worse than Ive ever seen before in this game. It was like a completely different company was in charge all of the sudden. This was no WoW anymore. It became more and more apparent to me that this was more like a Facebook game now. Far too easy, no balance and boring as hell.

After a few more days I gave up because even the last straw, PvP, wasnt enjoyable anymore, even though it hold me a very long time before. Leveling new and other characters was boring even with a semi-new world, because I simply didnt want to run the Cata zones again. They were just boring as hell. I felt an aversion to those zones like I never felt before.

I liked what they did to PvP gear, because I never liked Arena games, but when the balance is so bad, even nice equipment wont keep me playing.

1 point because it was fun the first time leveling to 85, and a few weeks more after that in the challenging 5p instances. But overall it destroyed WoW. Not like TBC or WotLK (I actually liked those apart from the DK bias at the start), but it literally destroyed WoW. Not only because you wont ever see the old world again, which I already missed after playing Cata for a few weeks, but also the gameplay. WoW, even with TBC and WotLK, was challenging, fun to play even when you reached max level, even if it was just for PvP. But after Cata almost nothing was left of all that. Cata transformed WoW into a feint shadow of its former self. I felt like something was stolen from me. I put so much time into my chars only to see them "balanced" to boredom, simplicity and seeing abilities taken away that I loved for 4-6 years.

After I read about MOP it felt like they are doing an Aprils fools joke. But they actually meant it. Even more dumbed down, even less control and customization for your char, even more cutting down old and nice features, even less freedom, even more childish artwork and Facebook like features, etc, etc, etc. That was the wooden stake into the Vampires heart. Its over. Dead. Gone.
    I would feel ashamed if I was a Blizzard employee.
  36. Jul 21, 2012
    This has absolutely got to be the worst expansion that Blizzard has released so far for WoW. It has slowly gone downhill since TBC. I'm writing this on July 21 2012 and first of all, the last content patch was November of LAST YEAR. Now, this might be acceptable to the uber casual player, but for the rest of us, this lul is simply unacceptable. Now, Blizzard has said there will be noThis has absolutely got to be the worst expansion that Blizzard has released so far for WoW. It has slowly gone downhill since TBC. I'm writing this on July 21 2012 and first of all, the last content patch was November of LAST YEAR. Now, this might be acceptable to the uber casual player, but for the rest of us, this lul is simply unacceptable. Now, Blizzard has said there will be no content patch until 5.0, and who knows when that will come out?
    Anyways, I mentioned the uber causal, who is even more casual than the normal casual. This person plays maybe half an hour to a couple of hours a day and may be satisfied with the direction this game has gone. Why? First of all, you can get Valor (the currency used to buy the end of the line epic gear) capped in one night by running three insanely easy and short dungeons. Secondly, you can clear Dragon Soul (the latest raid dungeon) in roughly two hours, IF that. Thirdly, it takes only 1-2 weeks to get to level cap in extremely linear fashion with almost no challenge posed whatsoever; monsters, aka creeps, post little threat, and if you choose to level up via Dungeon Finder, the dungeons are incredibly short and easy, again posing no challenge. So what happens once you hit 85 in 1-2 weeks? You can buy blue PvP gear from the Auction House to bypass the ilevel requirements of the most relevant three dungeons. Once you do that, you can easily gear up for raiding in a matter of days, and then, like I mentioned earlier, once you actually get to raid it's only for a couple of hours a night, unlike the previous expansions, where it could take 3-4 nights of raiding. People might say this change is good, but what else is there to do in the game once you valor cap in a night and finish Dragon Soul in the next night? A whole 5 days of nothing until it resets on Tuesday and you rinse and repeat. I guess you could PvP, but PvP is horribly unbalanced. At least back in The Burning Crusade there were balancing hotfixes like every week, now PvP is completely dominated by rogues, death knights, resto shamans and other classes.
    Mists of Panderia looks like it's turning out to be even worse when it comes to catering to the uber casual player base, so I'm going to skip it. I'm stuck in the Annual Pass that I stupidly got last December, but I guess that's what cancelling a credit card is for, right? There ARE better games out there!
  37. Jul 20, 2012
    It's a quality expansion of course, Blizzard doesn't put out crap, despite what haters like to say. But this expansion lost some of what I loved about older versions. I do not like the dumbed down talent trees. I do not like the simplicity of play rotations. It's so obviously laid out that if you play in a creative way then you suffer worse results, no matter what your role is. I don'tIt's a quality expansion of course, Blizzard doesn't put out crap, despite what haters like to say. But this expansion lost some of what I loved about older versions. I do not like the dumbed down talent trees. I do not like the simplicity of play rotations. It's so obviously laid out that if you play in a creative way then you suffer worse results, no matter what your role is. I don't like some of the options that have become common place. A built in quest helper guides you to your next objectives. Of course I use it because it's there, lest I be left behind, but you lose your sense of exploration, isolation, and discovery. You used to be able to search a zone and see something hidden and amazing and wonder how many players took the time to discover what you've discovered. Now you all follow the same linear path through the zone. A similar issue exists with changing the appearance of your gear. Yeah I use it, but I hate it. We should have to display the gear we've earned and live with it. If you want to break out your Soulforge from your bank and wear it that's your choice. I don't like how huge the zones are. They're pretty good looking and the quality of quests is usually decent but you're stuck in the same damn zone for hours and you just want to move on. Another issue is fast flying mounts. It trivializes the epic feeling of time and space that you used to get with Wow. Just fly over it and get where you need to go as fast as possible. Don't take the time to stop and enjoy the scenery or you'll be left behind. Arenas suck too...mostly because I suck at them and I'm mad. Anyway, I'll be back for panda time but I'm now a sceptic. Giving no lower than a 7 because Wow overall is the best game ever created :P P.S.-The old zone makeovers are a GOOD THING!! Expand
  38. Jul 8, 2012
    they did it again,delivered a masterpiece of **** is it possible? what kind of people buy this? by now it must be only the chinese goldsellers that play this
  39. Jun 20, 2012
    Blizzard completely jumped the shark with this expac. It is now the easiest AND most expensive game on the market with box cost + sub fee + cash shop. This combined with the lack of content patches for over a year while only getting 2 rehashed dungeons for one of the patches has left many realms dead or dying - but you have to pay a $25 transfer fee + $30 faction fee to transfer to aBlizzard completely jumped the shark with this expac. It is now the easiest AND most expensive game on the market with box cost + sub fee + cash shop. This combined with the lack of content patches for over a year while only getting 2 rehashed dungeons for one of the patches has left many realms dead or dying - but you have to pay a $25 transfer fee + $30 faction fee to transfer to a realm with a decent enough population to play the game. Shame on you Blizzard! Expand
  40. Jun 13, 2012
    This game is not the World of Warcraft.
    That game was epic,skill-based(mostly :D),had a great universe which vacuumes players.
    I was one player caught in the wave,i loved it. Meeting characters from the World of Azeroth was awesome,u know them,u love them. Then came the Cataclysm,which was made for 5-15 year old players,from 12+,removing the hybrid talents,making the game chum on your
    This game is not the World of Warcraft.
    I was one player caught in the wave,i loved it.

Then came the Cataclysm,which was made for 5-15 year old players,from 12+,removing the hybrid talents,making the game chum on your food and spit in your mouth,it was transformed to some moneymaker,so kis kill their parents to buy it.

The story is meh,deathwing wow so epic!!!! 2bad that the bossfight is a piece of **** know nothing of the bosses except Deathwing,and that boss was awful too.

Not the best recommendation here,but if u wanna play World of Warcraft then go play vanilla/BC/LK on cracked servers.
    And if u need only the universe there are plenty of books around you can choose from.

I hoped Blizzard realized their fail,but no they make MoP,without talents!!! YAY!!!!
  41. Jun 12, 2012
    I could write 100.000 words, how Lich King, and Cata has ruined WoW. WoW is now the most easiest game, with no original, or RPG feeling. It's now a HACK AND SLASH, DO THIS QUEST with no really feeling. Everyone has epic gear, and everyone can succeed in the world. It's just too **** changed from the original. And Blizzard doesn't even support vanilla servers, which is so wrong. Well, youI could write 100.000 words, how Lich King, and Cata has ruined WoW. WoW is now the most easiest game, with no original, or RPG feeling. It's now a HACK AND SLASH, DO THIS QUEST with no really feeling. Everyone has epic gear, and everyone can succeed in the world. It's just too **** changed from the original. And Blizzard doesn't even support vanilla servers, which is so wrong. Well, you ruined it Blizz. You ruined Diablo III too, now you just need to ruin Starcraft II with the new exspansion coming out huh? can't wait! -.- GG Expand
  42. Jun 10, 2012
    The weakest expansion so far. The new content seemed mostly cosmetic to me and it was not even on the disc. It was patched. Also, the Worgen were awesome but the Goblins sucked. I couldnt stand them. I thought that the destruction aspect was kinda cool but overall it was a waste of money.
  43. Jun 4, 2012
    This expansion is very well done in some areas, and in others kind of lacking. The major updates to the world and the addition of the Worgen and Goblins is a huge plus, but the end game and leveling content was way to small. The content was epic but so spread apart with a confusing story that I feel as if it is probably my least favorite expansion. Overall great content from Blizzard justThis expansion is very well done in some areas, and in others kind of lacking. The major updates to the world and the addition of the Worgen and Goblins is a huge plus, but the end game and leveling content was way to small. The content was epic but so spread apart with a confusing story that I feel as if it is probably my least favorite expansion. Overall great content from Blizzard just not enough of it. Expand
  44. Jun 1, 2012
    The World of Warcraft has changed for the better it is more streamlined and far more easy to to follow, the game now explicitly tells you the best spots to be at your level. many see this as hand holding and an absolutely massive blow the the game's quality i find that rather absurd making a game less confusing is not making it worse and in some ways not even making it less difficult butThe World of Warcraft has changed for the better it is more streamlined and far more easy to to follow, the game now explicitly tells you the best spots to be at your level. many see this as hand holding and an absolutely massive blow the the game's quality i find that rather absurd making a game less confusing is not making it worse and in some ways not even making it less difficult but rather simply less tedious. Another aspect of the game that i find highly improved is they way gilds have been reworked. Lets face it this is an MMO you are supposed to play it with others complaining that you can not solo parts is like complain about the lack of race race cars in a fighting game. This gives a guild actual benefits and rewards you for advancing your guild making the for a more cohesive game. My only complaint is that Outlands and Notherrend are absolutely untouched even a slight touch up to the 2 would have been a nice change of pace. Expand
  45. May 25, 2012
    I don't like old formula. The game is boring if there is no exciting elements injecting into the game.
    Also 10/25 combine into one CD is also very bad. That makes the game much more boring as there is really nothing to do in the game.
  46. May 25, 2012
    There's the development team and the artists to be commended. They have truly put in a lot of their time into constructing this. However, there are weak points that truly disappointed me, which many people here have stated. I will be awaiting the next expansion, and truly hope, Blizzard have heard our pleas and improve the game.
  47. May 22, 2012
    Not a game for the long term player. Cataclysm, at launch, was designed purely for the hard core and new player in mind. Now at its end, I'd drop hard core and add casual player in mind. This is the expansion that killed off my love of WoW. With only 5 levels, less content, a storyline that's no where near as epic in comparison to that of Wrath of the Lich King, and one that I finally lostNot a game for the long term player. Cataclysm, at launch, was designed purely for the hard core and new player in mind. Now at its end, I'd drop hard core and add casual player in mind. This is the expansion that killed off my love of WoW. With only 5 levels, less content, a storyline that's no where near as epic in comparison to that of Wrath of the Lich King, and one that I finally lost interest in after Firelands came out. It started out being pretty hard core and its developers took a hardline approach when it came to instances and raids. This unfortunately caused a backlash effect from the majority of WoW's player based, the casual PvP Veruca Salt player, and ever since its devs have flip flopped in desperation to try and please them and almost everybody else. The casualty of this being the long term player. Blizzard have thrown in the towel and given up on them. With Cataclysm it quickly becomes apparent that WoW has no more mystery left in it. I despair for WoW's future, fan boys are easily appeased with offerings of fluff, new mounts, new pets etc. It's next expansion, MoP has two main features Pandas and Pokemon, and will be even more casual friendly. Long term players should look elsewhere, try SWTOR for some seriousness or GW2 for a fantasy MMO. Unless you're a new player (or for MoP, very young), a casual, a PvP player, stay away from this expac and wait it out till either Titan or the next WoW expac after MoP hits (pending reviews of course), for the long term player, the explorer types, this dreck is not for you. Expand
  48. May 15, 2012
    I'm going to give Cata a 7, and this being a full 18 months since release. Contrary to one of the "highlighted" reviews, the changes to guilds have KILLED recruiting. If you weren't already in a good raiding guild, you have to give up all your current guild perks in order to switch, so even if people are in a social guild and want to try their hand at raiding with a decent raiding guildI'm going to give Cata a 7, and this being a full 18 months since release. Contrary to one of the "highlighted" reviews, the changes to guilds have KILLED recruiting. If you weren't already in a good raiding guild, you have to give up all your current guild perks in order to switch, so even if people are in a social guild and want to try their hand at raiding with a decent raiding guild for awhile, there is no motivation to do so for fear of losing those perks and having to grind back into the good graces of the new guild. And same again if you wanted to return your now skillful toon back into your social guild to help them out.

No real dailies in Cata to guide players into areas of content as it was in previous releases.

PVP still broken - Bring back what was lost in BC, please.

But the basic game is still solid, with many new convenience features.
  49. May 15, 2012
    WoW will forever be known as 'THAT MMO'. The first MMO to make MMORPGs a mainstream game. It was and forever will be the biggest game of it's generation and forever to come.
  50. May 4, 2012
    has improved in every way its now much easyer for the casual player to go in raids dungeons and even when questing you have your own built in quest helper in the game the landscapes are retextured so they look better the questing is more engaging and the raids are awsome the game has improved in every way ,
  51. Apr 11, 2012
    Outdated graphics? Check. Re-reusing old content? Check. Boring grinding? Check. Screwing over everyone that played and spent a lot of time on the previous expansion? Check. One of the most redundantly stupid and offensive community in the world? Check. Not listening to that community for better or worse? Check. Still shaking the class balance around like its a pot of scrambled eggs?Outdated graphics? Check. Re-reusing old content? Check. Boring grinding? Check. Screwing over everyone that played and spent a lot of time on the previous expansion? Check. One of the most redundantly stupid and offensive community in the world? Check. Not listening to that community for better or worse? Check. Still shaking the class balance around like its a pot of scrambled eggs? Check. Slapping on 80000 extra health for all classes? Check. You still want more? Okay then.

Giving away level 80's including gear, mounts, gold and flight-paths, completely screwing anyone that earned level 80+ over? Check. Unbalanced arena matchup? Check. Crossclassing? Check. Rapidly losing a huge amount of subscribers? Check A decrease of user ratings by 40% over a year? Check. Money-grubbing overzealous company that has most of its staff leaving? Check.

I will laugh HARD once they release MoP which will have roughly 20% approval by the end of next year.
  52. Mar 26, 2012
    the game is getting old and you can see it in front of your eyes, it does not have the fresh feel when you play t, last 3 years were a disappointment. Blizzard is rapidly loosing money and getting overwhelmed by other MMO's like Guild Wars 2 in the future. Not worth the time playing it
  53. Mar 7, 2012
    Alright, sure it is not Vanilla anymore. There was more time spent for me on Vanilla as for gear hunting and raiding, than there is in CATACLYSM. But, i want to add, it beats every MMO i tried. And i am not necessarily a fan boy. I played Aion, Rift, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Lineage II, Guild Wars,, I've been liking Guild Wars alot, but not for the challenge. As for Cataclysm, it isAlright, sure it is not Vanilla anymore. There was more time spent for me on Vanilla as for gear hunting and raiding, than there is in CATACLYSM. But, i want to add, it beats every MMO i tried. And i am not necessarily a fan boy. I played Aion, Rift, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Lineage II, Guild Wars,, I've been liking Guild Wars alot, but not for the challenge. As for Cataclysm, it is still a fun game. Sure they tend to listen to the people who does not want to work to get their gear... But whatever.. Since Vanilla i am Healing on a Holy Paladin. When they nerf us or buff us, or even change us, whatever? A real gamer is a gamer who can stand the changes... I know the Raids are easy, look i started playing again after 3 months of non play, and i still already bet Dragon's Soul on Normal and Heroic in only 2 Weeks.. I still like the game... I have my pals i am raiding with, and i am happy with the game. I would never say no to get back to Vanilla Raid difficulty, i hope Blizzard will do it one day. But it's a long game, atleast. Perfect for a Casual Gamer, which is playing Hardcore (by the fact that i do not play all day, but i raid two times a week). PVP is still good, but it always remain on which class is OP and which is not. Skill is the other half of the victories. In my opinion, this game is still good, but got a BIT downhill, not by much, but it got downhill. Fights in Raids gets repetitive since Burning Crusade. Whatever... I love playing the game still. Definately gonna keep playing, though i hope they add more stuff even, in the future. Thanks Blizzard for the efforts, i think they are not trickering us and stealing us, like companies such as Infinity Ward, trickering their COD fans. Thanks for staying True. Expand
  54. Feb 17, 2012
    Classic: 9 TBC: 8 Wotlk: 7 Cata: 5. I enjoyed this game in the past it was an innovative change to the gameworld. Maybe im just getting tired from this game but let me explain why it becomes less fun from a pve perspective. Right now in cata for example the dps difference is mixed as usual each patch but between top spec and lowest spec is 30% while they pulled the synergy together. In myClassic: 9 TBC: 8 Wotlk: 7 Cata: 5. I enjoyed this game in the past it was an innovative change to the gameworld. Maybe im just getting tired from this game but let me explain why it becomes less fun from a pve perspective. Right now in cata for example the dps difference is mixed as usual each patch but between top spec and lowest spec is 30% while they pulled the synergy together. In my logic if synergy is pulled together the difference in dps should be very tiny. It seems the big numbers are making their system flawed, if some class is slightly scaling different the result in the end is huge because the numbers has grown big in this game(doesn't count only for dps). You can say you raid not to gain gear but for fun, i kind of agree with that. But nevertheless gear is a part of raiding. Raiding itself is fun for a while but not for a very long while and the system of raiding hasn't changed much. I don't like how much effort you must do for your gear. Since wotlk but more strongly in cata the fun value of gear has dropped dramatically. Now you must theory craft longer (mainly for reforging) to search out which stat setup is best for you which is a lot to work on besides the enchanting, and gemming where a large amount of time (and occasionally gold) is needed each time you get a new gear piece. Its feels like a tough job to do. And gear totally lost its value, in classic epics were really epic but its going slowly to the exact opposite of that epic feeling. Example you did Blackwing Decent or Bastion of Twilight Heroic mode and you had gear from those raids, and then as a reward they give you Firelands NORMAL with better gear?!. Its like your doing heroic raids for nothing. Besides raids heroic dungeons are fun but you get a bit bored of them before the 1st patch in the expansion appears and you got to do with them the entire expansion besides only a few new ones that come out. And the mechanics in the whole game are to repetitive. Expand
  55. Feb 11, 2012
    I'll start saying that I've played Wow since the original (although I played more The burning crusade, because it was months away), so I witnessed the decay and the various kind of downgrades/upgrades of the series. With that settled, I honestly like this expansion, more than the wrath of the lich king: the dungeons are fun to do, it actually requests some tactics in order to proceed, andI'll start saying that I've played Wow since the original (although I played more The burning crusade, because it was months away), so I witnessed the decay and the various kind of downgrades/upgrades of the series. With that settled, I honestly like this expansion, more than the wrath of the lich king: the dungeons are fun to do, it actually requests some tactics in order to proceed, and the raids as well are fun to do with proper and better tactics than the previous expansion (I don't mean to offend: it's just what I think). Honestly, I don't get it why it's so hated: it's not a perfect expansion yes, but it IS better than wrath of the lich king; I know the previous expansion had a fantastic lore, but the game was too boring and too easy in comparison. And now, we have to be more carefull on various things: gear is slightly more important to check and a small improvement is actually necessary; dungeons require tactics to comprehend, but that''s logical, but at least they're not just spanking (...for the most part). In general, I wasn't disappointed by this expansion, except for maybe one biggest flaw ever: there is SO few content! The raids are very few (5 to this day, excluding the Tol Barad one), the new zones are big but they aren't that many to explore, and the dungeons are still very few (at least that's my general idea). On top of that, the game is always getting easier and easier, although fans beg for more difficulty: we got heroic raids yes, but blizzard should stop always following the casual gamers: I'm a casual gamer now, but I demand more challenge!. Bottom line, I think this expansion was more of a transition than a real proper expansion, a way to remake the main lands better, and really I can't complain because it was a real desert after the burning crusade. But I still wish for more content... Expand
  56. Jan 31, 2012
    Join free trial for 7 days! Yay and download a game within these 7 days (tried to change firewall, tcpip options etc.)
    No money or anything for you Blizzard.
    And yes. This. Is. A bash review.
  57. Jan 30, 2012
    Word Of Warcraft is my favourite MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) on the computer there are two groups you can the alliance and the horde both groups have a mix of races in the alliance they have Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elves, Draenei, Worgen and the horde races are Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead, Blood Elves, Goblin and they are bringing a new race in the new expansionWord Of Warcraft is my favourite MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) on the computer there are two groups you can the alliance and the horde both groups have a mix of races in the alliance they have Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elves, Draenei, Worgen and the horde races are Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead, Blood Elves, Goblin and they are bringing a new race in the new expansion called the Pandaren the Pandaren is going to be alliance and horde the new expansion is going to be called world of warcraft mists of pandaria and they are also bringing a new class called monk There are 10 other playable classes that are out which are Warrior, Druid, Mage, Warlock, Priest, Hunter, Rogue, Paladin, Shaman and Death knight The death knight class is in the World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King and you can only make a death knight if you have at least one level 55 and you can only make one death knight per realm The other expansions are called world of warcraft burning crusade and world of warcraft cataclysm Each race has their own mounts the mounts for the alliance are called Stallion, Swift Brown Steed, Brown Ram, Swift Brown Ram, Spotted Frostsaber, Swift Frostsaber, Blue Mechanostrider, Swift Green Mechanostrider, Brown Elekk, Great Blue Elekk, Golden Gryphon and the horde mounts are Goblin Trike, Goblin Turbo-Trike, Black Wolf, Swift Brown Wolf, Black Skeletal Horse, Green Skeletal Warhorse, Brown Kodo, Great Brown Kodo but think the best mount is the druid Flight Form. Expand
  58. Jan 27, 2012
    As far as making the game more attractive to new players goes, Blizzard has done a wonderful job. Anyone who has played WOW from earlier expansions will be severely disappointed by the lack of anything remotely resembling difficulty in the new content.
  59. Jan 21, 2012
    although some people may not like the new expansion, i personally love it. It adds a new aspect to the world of warcraft experience, and one cannot deny that it is one of the best games out there. Can't stop playing!
  60. Jan 6, 2012
    I certainly recommend World of Warcraft for all gamers; especially for MMO players. Its pretty much impossible to NOT have an objective which I have found in almost all games. This one however has successfully managed to keep me entertained non-stop in the 3 years I've played. Its sure to be a game that is worth its price. :)
  61. Jan 6, 2012
    Another garbage xpac for a garbage game. They could have improved the game, instead they put a glossy finish over broken content that's been there for seven years and say, 'oh look, those enemies that were once bears are now scorpids, brand new game!'.

You're fighting black dragons, again, Ragnaros, again- it's the same old grind with better looking fire graphics. Only real new thing is the underwater zone- which is a sliver of the 'new' content anyway.

Best of all, they made pvp even worse, I don't know how but they did it- healers are even more ridiculously OP, crowd control has been buffed through the roof- they essentially took every bit of feedback on what makes pvp bad and doubled it.

The best part about Cataclysm is the goblin starting area- that is just fun. Sadly, once you're done that, the game is a steaming pile of dung.
  62. Jan 3, 2012
    This games continues the World of Warcraft story by revamping the content adding new quests and zones. The story is more complex and is very tied-up to all the other expansions (see quests in Felwood).
    Unfortunatelly the questing experience becomes very easy, too easy at some point, only at the Cataclysm dungeons you really get some difficult stuff.
    Overall it is a great expantion.
  63. Dec 31, 2011
    Cataclysm finally made me stop playing WoW for good.

Cataclysm finally made me stop playing WoW for good.

As a player that experienced Wow from its release ive noticed that the game got more accessible, easy, casual and generally dumbed down with pretty much every content patch and addon. This already got critical at wrath of the lich king. While in classic or burning crusade a good 50% of content could be considered as in some way fun or "challenging" it is down to like 5% now.

Back then there was an actual chance of not completely finishing an instance, even completely failing, or of only killing a certain boss and leaving the rest of the instance untouched because it was too difficult etc. Actually completely cleaning an instance like Stratholme or TDM was pretty satisfying.

There is nothing left like that anymore.
    Even daily heroic instance quests are more like a time consuming annoyance than a challenge now, the only challenge left the game manages to deliver are a few hardcore achievements like for heroic raid instances. Again even these ones can at some point just get picked up by everyone after blizzard once again nerfed the raid instances or released new content with better items allowing anyone to easily raid past instances without any difficulty left in them. Pointless.
  64. Dec 29, 2011
    This game **** the franchise up... **** everything up. WoW Classis, WoW Burningcrusade and Lich King was 10 worth! But then they released this one and they changed everything from start to scratch! The game has gone simply too easy. You never hang around the mountains and look at the moon and trees anymore because they made a new TBC system, so you don't have to search for group membersThis game **** the franchise up... **** everything up. WoW Classis, WoW Burningcrusade and Lich King was 10 worth! But then they released this one and they changed everything from start to scratch! The game has gone simply too easy. You never hang around the mountains and look at the moon and trees anymore because they made a new TBC system, so you don't have to search for group members anymore. Any child can get to the highest level and the best gears... any person can find a group in no time and do dungeons and that stuf... but the harder the game was, the better and addicting it was! That's why WoW is **** in my meaning these days.. These 3 things **** it up: New Fast TBC system High drop/loot rate on mobs Fast leveling People don't hang around anymore and discover the parts of WoW anymore(because they find group members very fast with TBC) they don't look for people to cooperate with... Expand
  65. Dec 25, 2011
    I have been playing this game for nearly 6 years now and still am not bored with it. There seems to be an infinite amount of gameplay including raiding (PvE), arenas(PvP), battlegrounds(PvP), professions, holiday events, achievements, guild leveling, and even mount and pet collecting. No other MMORPG, including SWTOR comes anywhere close to WoW. If you want fun, challenging, or endlessI have been playing this game for nearly 6 years now and still am not bored with it. There seems to be an infinite amount of gameplay including raiding (PvE), arenas(PvP), battlegrounds(PvP), professions, holiday events, achievements, guild leveling, and even mount and pet collecting. No other MMORPG, including SWTOR comes anywhere close to WoW. If you want fun, challenging, or endless gameplay, this is the game for you! Expand
  66. Dec 23, 2011
    For all you Lego fans out there you can sort of get this I hope. Its like Blizzard had worked for years on building the best castle ever, making every piece perfect, and constantly adding things to make it more outstanding. Then one day they decide Legos are childish and knock the whole thing down and start from scratch without the creativity they had before. As a player since vanilla, theFor all you Lego fans out there you can sort of get this I hope. Its like Blizzard had worked for years on building the best castle ever, making every piece perfect, and constantly adding things to make it more outstanding. Then one day they decide Legos are childish and knock the whole thing down and start from scratch without the creativity they had before. As a player since vanilla, the difficulty is non existent, the quest chains are done in 30 mins, epics are practically free. I would have rated this game higher, but they took away old content forever, preventing nostalgia from taking place in game. I understand times change, but Blizz could have pulled this off if they hadn't removed so much from the otherwise perfect masterpiece that was the World Of Warcraft. I look forward to Blizzards future games such as Diablo 3 and the others in the Starcraft series. But ill always feel bad when it comes to WoW. Mourning what could have been. Heres to a great game that was finally destroyed by over ambition and greed. I will truly miss this game more than i've missed some deceased family members. Goodbye WoW Expand
  67. Dec 22, 2011
    Worst expansion in wow history, Broke off my addiction and I must thank for that.
  68. Dec 22, 2011
    Make this washed up recycled garbage stop raping people of their money. Grind, grind, raid, grind, grind, raid. No story, failmode MMO from 1976 when computers were as big as rooms. Every single ounce of this game is little more than recycled content from every other mmo before it and after it. The only time something new and innovative is put into the game is when they are stealingMake this washed up recycled garbage stop raping people of their money. Grind, grind, raid, grind, grind, raid. No story, failmode MMO from 1976 when computers were as big as rooms. Every single ounce of this game is little more than recycled content from every other mmo before it and after it. The only time something new and innovative is put into the game is when they are stealing ideas from up and comers. Expand
  69. Dec 20, 2011
    This expansion has turned out to be the same old iteration of reskinned bosses and monsters, a loot treadmill devoid of community and a massive award to the "Give it to me now!" crowd of gamers. The plot and story weakly hold together at the best of time. The various talent and attribute systems have been watered down to the point of complete homogeneity. The only reason this expansionThis expansion has turned out to be the same old iteration of reskinned bosses and monsters, a loot treadmill devoid of community and a massive award to the "Give it to me now!" crowd of gamers. The plot and story weakly hold together at the best of time. The various talent and attribute systems have been watered down to the point of complete homogeneity. The only reason this expansion earns a 4 out of 10 is it's continued unique art styles and the two new races (worgen and goblin) that stick to game lore. Expand
  70. Dec 20, 2011
    Cataclysm brings an end to the Ice reign of the Lich King expansion and replaces it with fire and chaos. Lands that most players have seen for years are replaced with lava and cracks in the earth; new areas have cropped up to explore, and there's two new races to play. However, whilst that looks like a lot of content on paper, Blizzard didn't exactly deliver in terms of long-term play. FunCataclysm brings an end to the Ice reign of the Lich King expansion and replaces it with fire and chaos. Lands that most players have seen for years are replaced with lava and cracks in the earth; new areas have cropped up to explore, and there's two new races to play. However, whilst that looks like a lot of content on paper, Blizzard didn't exactly deliver in terms of long-term play. Fun for those who enjoy alt-levelling as they've seemed to pump most of their time revamping their admittedly tired 1-60 levelling areas, but what they sacrificed for that is quality of capped level play. The quests for the new areas are tedious at best, the raids uninspired. The patches are nothing impressive either, with Blizzard hellbent on delivering the least amount of content they can get away with. Although still the King of MMO's with an impressive legacy of the last seven years, Cataclysm is not a landmark step and was a disappointment. Expand
  71. Dec 13, 2011
    Being a player since 2005 and playing all the expansions of WoW I have seen changes I like and some I don't like. I am appreciative of the effort Blizzard has put for in changing the environments and trying to make old content new again for players; such as myself, but, in the end is just repetitive. I am not looking to be "wowed," no pun intended, but I would like Blizzard to come up withBeing a player since 2005 and playing all the expansions of WoW I have seen changes I like and some I don't like. I am appreciative of the effort Blizzard has put for in changing the environments and trying to make old content new again for players; such as myself, but, in the end is just repetitive. I am not looking to be "wowed," no pun intended, but I would like Blizzard to come up with some new boss encounters. Now before I get the "Have you even played this expansion or done that fight," I want you guys to really think about it, its the same mechanics over and over again. One to two players tank the boss or NPC, and the rest of the group tries to not stand in AOE. While I will admit the FL Rag encounter was fun and with the drop of 4.3 patch the Deathwing fight is very entertaining but everything before that was made extremely easy by nerfs or just a boring mechanic (in regards to4.2 FL patch.) I have to comment on the Looking For Raid feature that has been implemented in 4.3 Patch. I think Blizzards thinking was that it is a great way to get the average player to end game content and get them gear. On the flip side it annoys the hardcore raiders because it makes them seem like they don't have anything to look forward to and that they are not achieving anything when they do it on 10 man or 25 man normal/heroic. While I am well aware that the gear is different and content is harder; I don't think people should be given an easy pass for end game raid content; this was already done in part with Tol'Borad. I do believe Blizzard's heart was in the right place but the implementation was some-what off. I also feel that there needs to be a challenge implemented into these Looking for Raid groups, steam rolling each boss in new content should not be achievable in the first week of a brand new patch. I personally would like to see a little more challenge! Expand
  72. Dec 11, 2011
    Warcraft Cataclysm is an ok game that will provide players with hours of goal-oriented entertainment. Upon starting the game, the first goal for most players will be to get to the maximum level. This is done though an array of quest that are varied from mindlessly boring to extremely exciting. The problem is that many quest themselves are repetitive and like I said, boring. The fun isn'tWarcraft Cataclysm is an ok game that will provide players with hours of goal-oriented entertainment. Upon starting the game, the first goal for most players will be to get to the maximum level. This is done though an array of quest that are varied from mindlessly boring to extremely exciting. The problem is that many quest themselves are repetitive and like I said, boring. The fun isn't completing the quest, but getting that much closer to the maximum level. Upon reaching that maximum level, the next logical step is clearing the highest level dungeons. Unfortunately, just how fun this is depends widely on who is clearing the dungeon with you, and what class you are playing. But clearing each dungeon has a certain level of satisfaction, being able to say you accomplished it. The next goal is to clear the same dungeons again on heroic difficulty. Yet again, the level of enjoyment depends widely on who is clearing the dungeons with you. Upon clearing heroic dungeons, raiding is next. Here is where things branch off. If you are able to dedicate the time and energy, raiding in a guild with several other players regularly can be a blast. But for most people, dedicating x amount of hours on y days can't be done. I will relate it to my playing. I spent approximately one and a half months raiding about two days a week. It was fun, but stressful. At the end of these one and a half months, we were able to beat one of the end bosses we had been working on for quite sometime. I had not been that emotionally excited over a video game in ages. But to have beaten the next end boss would have taken even more effort, and I already felt that this was the end for me. Eventually everything becomes repetitive and dull, but this was after many hours of entertaining gameplay. It took about 3 months to become bored of warcraft cataclysm. With monthly subscription cost and buying the game with its expansions cost around $120 total. I easily got over 120 hours of entertainment, way more in fact. If you have a few months where you can dedicate 1 or 2 hours a day to warcraft and you can see yourself raiding, then I would buy this game. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. You will eventually get bored of Warcraft, but it will take sometime for that to happen. Expand
  73. Dec 8, 2011
    I remember when this game was fun. Blizzard actually made attempts to balance pve and pvp content. Now, they have completely made it clear that they don't care about the pvp community. Classes remain overpowered for months at a time rather than being fixed within a month. Furthermore, the developers continue to display a lack of intelligence by continuously making poor tweaks to classesI remember when this game was fun. Blizzard actually made attempts to balance pve and pvp content. Now, they have completely made it clear that they don't care about the pvp community. Classes remain overpowered for months at a time rather than being fixed within a month. Furthermore, the developers continue to display a lack of intelligence by continuously making poor tweaks to classes and gameplay mechanics. The community continuously gives suggestions to the developers about various ways to improve the game, such as separating pvp and pve abilities and making certain abilities change depending on what kind of zone they are in. Blizzard continues to refuse to implement such a change, and continues on their hopeless act of attempting to balance two parts of the game that are always going to be in conflict. This game is past it's prime, it is time to shut it down. Expand
  74. Dec 4, 2011
    There are no words in the English language to describe the failure that is this expansion. The term "welfare" epics is probably a start based on their direction they're taking this game when it comes to the difficulty of instances and raids. The real fun of engaging challenging game mechanics and tough encounters are a thing of the past, even for heroic version fights. And don't get meThere are no words in the English language to describe the failure that is this expansion. The term "welfare" epics is probably a start based on their direction they're taking this game when it comes to the difficulty of instances and raids. The real fun of engaging challenging game mechanics and tough encounters are a thing of the past, even for heroic version fights. And don't get me started on the story and lore that they have mangled so incredibly. When Chris Metzen was confronted about the lingering unfinished story at the Throne of the Tides, he basically buried it and said it was going to remain that way. This entire expansion was rushed, worked haphazardly, and completely trashed on any sense of story telling and fun. I've been a blizzard fan since I was 12, but they're making it real easy for me now to turn my back on them. Expand
  75. Nov 27, 2011
    When the players asked to make Azeroth fun again I don't think they meant Cataclysm. It was a good excuse to remake the world and everybody got so hyped about it that this came out - an unfinished game. I like to call it unfinished because I never saw such a low job from Blizzard. It looks like they missed the ball here, not knowing where to focus and what to deliver. They say theyWhen the players asked to make Azeroth fun again I don't think they meant Cataclysm. It was a good excuse to remake the world and everybody got so hyped about it that this came out - an unfinished game. I like to call it unfinished because I never saw such a low job from Blizzard. It looks like they missed the ball here, not knowing where to focus and what to deliver. They say they "listened to users" but as it turn down, they didn't listen to beta players at all. We all said it, the content was too low. To be able to flight since day 1 was pretty stupid. There aren't enough dungeons. There aren't enough raids. The content is miserable. You guys take too much time to make it "perfect" and throw that at us? That's going to leave a mark, for sure.

Now I scored a 5 because it IS indeed fun to see the changes in Azeroth, to see what changed in the quests, to check out the 2 new races and see the new dungeons and raids. The problem is that you can do that in just a month. Yup, that's about it.
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    World Of Warcraft what an awesome game. Then cata came along and slightly ruined it with its health and damage system. In wrath at lvl 80 I saw a druid tank with 55k health and I thought wow he has alot of health. In cata you get lvl 80 with your 30-40k health you lvl up to 81 and you have 50k and it keeps going up till you 85 and you have about 90- 105k health and then you get fullyWorld Of Warcraft what an awesome game. Then cata came along and slightly ruined it with its health and damage system. In wrath at lvl 80 I saw a druid tank with 55k health and I thought wow he has alot of health. In cata you get lvl 80 with your 30-40k health you lvl up to 81 and you have 50k and it keeps going up till you 85 and you have about 90- 105k health and then you get fully geared and think to yourself WTF????? I have 200k health and a feral druid just crit 100k on me? hmmm I think ill go play runescape, at least that isnt messed up this badly. WoW is good overall, But cata just came along and ruined everything. Im not going to say dont buy this as its not worth it because you kind off need it to progress in the game. Expand
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    Oh i remember playing this game for hours. I sat through the Ball crushingly difficult game that was Vanilla WoW and made Grand Marshal. I sat through burning crusade arena, where those who did BT were on Top and did ok. I even stomached wrath's failure. But this. This was the end all. They took everything out of the game that gave it what little challenge was left, and flushed it. InsteadOh i remember playing this game for hours. I sat through the Ball crushingly difficult game that was Vanilla WoW and made Grand Marshal. I sat through burning crusade arena, where those who did BT were on Top and did ok. I even stomached wrath's failure. But this. This was the end all. They took everything out of the game that gave it what little challenge was left, and flushed it. Instead of people having to play for awhile to actually learn whats right and wrong, blizzard sits down and holds your hand through it. This has taken the community from the small amount of elitist douchebags, to everyone being a douchebag. Every Tom, Dick and Mary from the internet comes on here to spew fourth their trash and say that the game is still hard. Even though guilds cleared "Heroic" versions of the raids in the first week and i even made 2500 in arena in the first week of a season. I thought I could stomach it. Oh yeah. The revamped quests and zones really caught my attention at first. I was liking what I saw. Then after the first week or two, you realize its just the same zone, it truly changed little. And even though they changed the zones, they still refuse to do a graphics update for anything. It's still on the same engine from years back. But the age is starting to show. Drastically. The only thing that would keep you playing, is if you have any friends who still do. If not, you have to suffer the peanut gallery. Its truly astonishing that people can still be bad at this game at how easy Blizzard as made it. Expand
  78. Nov 11, 2011
    WoW gets worse with each expansion it releases (except Burning Crusade). The only reason i liked Wrath of the lich king was because i was a holy paladin and was the most powerful healer class in dungeons. Cataclysm is the decline of WoW, and Mists of Panturdia will be the final nail in the coffin. Seriously Blizz? a pvp based expansion, with pandas. Just do the people that still play theWoW gets worse with each expansion it releases (except Burning Crusade). The only reason i liked Wrath of the lich king was because i was a holy paladin and was the most powerful healer class in dungeons. Cataclysm is the decline of WoW, and Mists of Panturdia will be the final nail in the coffin. Seriously Blizz? a pvp based expansion, with pandas. Just do the people that still play the game a favor and get rid of subscriptions. Expand
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    I played this from the beginning. It was amazing when it was released but cataclysm required little effort to play. Everything in the game that made it fun for me was dumbed down beyond belief and it took little effort to gear for everything so I found myself sat in SW just waiting on queues to actually do something. PvP just seems to be overlooked constantly and well has been a joke forI played this from the beginning. It was amazing when it was released but cataclysm required little effort to play. Everything in the game that made it fun for me was dumbed down beyond belief and it took little effort to gear for everything so I found myself sat in SW just waiting on queues to actually do something. PvP just seems to be overlooked constantly and well has been a joke for ages now. Un-subscribed which is a shame cause I used to love this game and with their new expansion on the horizon its not getting any better. Expand
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is incredibly boring, there is nothing, absolutely nothing to do! And it so easy, catered to dumb people so every mouthbreather can kill boss on heroic. That leaves you with cleared raid in 2 hours and you dont have play this game again for next 7 days. Seriously MMO game that u only need to play 2 hours to do full end game content, what is that? Ofcourse there is no doubt to blameGame is incredibly boring, there is nothing, absolutely nothing to do! And it so easy, catered to dumb people so every mouthbreather can kill boss on heroic. That leaves you with cleared raid in 2 hours and you dont have play this game again for next 7 days. Seriously MMO game that u only need to play 2 hours to do full end game content, what is that? Ofcourse there is no doubt to blame Activision for it who destroyed Blizzard with they greed for money. R.I.P. WoW 2004-2009 Expand
  81. Nov 9, 2011
    I'm writing this review late after this games release. But, since I played it it deserves an opinion. First off the Original WoW was amazing, truly a work of art game. Burning Crusade was even better and another great success, but then comes Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm... With the games increasing popularity lead to a decline in the player community being filled with Trolls,I'm writing this review late after this games release. But, since I played it it deserves an opinion. First off the Original WoW was amazing, truly a work of art game. Burning Crusade was even better and another great success, but then comes Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm... With the games increasing popularity lead to a decline in the player community being filled with Trolls, greifers and elitist jerks. Also Wrath and Cata are poor in comparison to the previous versions. What makes Cata worst of all is Blizzard tried to squeeze more juice out of old lemons. By that I mean they took the old version and recolored it, including OLD dungeons forcing you to replay what you already had before for loot. Plus, doing Heroics where the wait time is 30minutes+ is unbelievable.... what am I suppose to do for 30 minutes? pick my toes and if I afk while i wait it drops you from the Que! This is ridiculous and is a LAZY excuse on Blizzards part. Further more Blizzard haste to be the most money hungry developer out there currently pioneering the way for $60 games with Star Craft II. I will never buy anything from Blizzard again. I also will add I cancelled my account 8 months ago after years of playing. Expand
  82. Nov 3, 2011
    Half-assed and overhyped expansion. Many of the features got scrapped, most of the content is just repainted old one, and it has worst end-game out of all of the expansions. WoW needs something new, not more of the same old crap we all saw hundreds of times already.
  83. Oct 8, 2011
    Despite it being a decent expansion, Cataclysm ultimately caused me to cancel my account by revealing the man behind the curtain. The remake of the old world was pretty cool, but zones have now become incredibly linear, like one big quest chain, and you tend to outlevel them before you complete them. Then you power through Outland and Northrend, which are both in a sort of lore limbo.Despite it being a decent expansion, Cataclysm ultimately caused me to cancel my account by revealing the man behind the curtain. The remake of the old world was pretty cool, but zones have now become incredibly linear, like one big quest chain, and you tend to outlevel them before you complete them. Then you power through Outland and Northrend, which are both in a sort of lore limbo. Afterward you enter the new zones, which again are pretty cool, but it quickly becomes a treadmill where you endlessly grind rep/points/dungeons. There was and still is, not much new content. Expand
  84. Sep 26, 2011
    WoW: Cataclysm is hard to rate, and really it should be divided into two separate games. One is the new 1-60 content, and the other is the end-game. I would give 1-60 an 8 and the endgame a 4 so they average to 6. Now obviously, if we make comparisons, since all reviews are a form of comparison, the closest thing we can compare Cataclysm to is Wrath of the Lich King, which I thought wasWoW: Cataclysm is hard to rate, and really it should be divided into two separate games. One is the new 1-60 content, and the other is the end-game. I would give 1-60 an 8 and the endgame a 4 so they average to 6. Now obviously, if we make comparisons, since all reviews are a form of comparison, the closest thing we can compare Cataclysm to is Wrath of the Lich King, which I thought was a tremendous expansion and I gave an 8. I know WotLK's content endgame was pretty easy (well, very easy), but that wasn't why I like it. WotLK's endgame dungeons had some very interesting environments, dungeons and lore. Lore. That is what is really missing with Cataclysm. You feel with endgame that you are simply going through the motions. There's nothing really unique or significant with design, architecture, or anything else. The gameplay is almost exactly the same as the previous expansion, with the exception that they put crowd control back in, and has been essentially the same throughout the series, so how do I rate the game on that aspect? It really is the world-building, the quests, and what you're hero accomplishes in his adventures against the Lich King, the Old Gods, and the Burning Legion that makes WoW entertaining, and I feel that Cataclysm ultimately failed to deliver the sense that you're character's actions have any sort of impact with endgame so far. There's just no depth to it. That said, I would spend all my time with Cata leveling from 1 to 60, because the new quest areas for new characters *were* developed with a sense of impact and interest, and some of the quests you just cannot miss (Badlands). So there's my summation. I don't know how helpful it will be if at all. Expand
  85. Sep 18, 2011
    World of Warcraft is still and probably always be one of the most beautiful online "worlds" in terms of MMORPGs. It's massive and pretty, although somewhat repetitive. At first it is easy to disregard it as a complete repacking of Vanilla, with a few extra areas thrown in for good measure. (Nothing was really changed in regards to BC or WotLK, at least not too much) The gameplay is muchWorld of Warcraft is still and probably always be one of the most beautiful online "worlds" in terms of MMORPGs. It's massive and pretty, although somewhat repetitive. At first it is easy to disregard it as a complete repacking of Vanilla, with a few extra areas thrown in for good measure. (Nothing was really changed in regards to BC or WotLK, at least not too much) The gameplay is much the same as it ever was, except now traveling does not take as long, leveling progresses much faster (sometimes this is good and bad) and the story does take an interesting twist. That being said the biggest issue is the story. Although it makes perfect sense what has happened in Azeroth, the missing elements are disappointing. What happened to the Emerald Dream? I'm still waiting for that. I want to face off with the Titans and Old Gods, I want the end to draw near in an epic battle, that I can play again, with better or more challenging mechanics, something. In essence you will be doing more of the same and there are some challenging instances, beautiful areas and awesome bind on account equipment BUT, we really need a change or I feel this game is going to die soon. Great if you love the Warcraft series but awful if you don't. Probably also not the best change for the most hardcore WoW players, since the challenge level slightly dropped. Save for some of the places in Deepholm, Hyjal and Uldum. Also what's the deal with only adding 5 levels? I know there is always epic loot but Blizzard, if we assume has at least 9 million people left, or at least did at once time, they were pulling in about 135,000,000 (135 million) per month, not including the cost of the game and expansions. Where is all the money going? That is my real problem with this expansion. Expand
  86. Sep 17, 2011
    I love world of warcraft. Butt iam not die hard gaming freak i got a live to. So let me say this is the expand good or not well the f*ck up some good **** in this game but the graphics story and the fun in it don`t forget the leveling up system make this game OK not good but OK.
  87. Sep 1, 2011
    A horrible expansion to a game that was already in a very bad state. Nothing positive can be really said here, its buggy, half asses, counter-creative, grindy, boring, ugly and clearly rushed expansion, with half the conent the previous expansions had. The fact it was generating hype for over an year, doesn't help at all, it makes it an even greater disapointment.
  88. Aug 25, 2011
    This is the worst expansion to date. Plain and simple. Why do we even level anymore? What is the point. There is no challenge, it is just something you have to waste your time on before you get to the actual gameplay. You are learning nothing during the leveling stage, except how to kill 10 of this, and bring an npc 12 of that.
  89. Aug 24, 2011
    World of warcraft was untill the release of patch 4.2 an awesome game to play, blizzard is at the moment actively RUINING the gameplay wich did already scared away 1 milion subscribers, if they want to recover this they should listen more to their players and less to their developpers.
  90. Aug 14, 2011
    I recently made a new character on a new server starting from scratch to see what it would be like and for something different. WoW is brutal to new players. It's a very long 85 levels during which PvP is absolutely broken, dungeons are boring and dumbed down, people will harass you for not having Bind on Account gear (which levels with you and is more powerful as a result) and it's aI recently made a new character on a new server starting from scratch to see what it would be like and for something different. WoW is brutal to new players. It's a very long 85 levels during which PvP is absolutely broken, dungeons are boring and dumbed down, people will harass you for not having Bind on Account gear (which levels with you and is more powerful as a result) and it's a repetitious sequence of hit this button followed by this one about a million times. There is no variety, though the places look different the sequence is the same, every time. Once you get to 85 you find yourself underpowered and so far behind it's an even longer grind just to catch up with gear to play where everyone else is. This part is much more difficult because people won't take you with them where the good gear is and won't PvP with you because you didn't start the new season on day one (so, you can never catch up in rating). The system is designed so that first come, first server and all else just miss out. The other major problem I had with this game is the support. The staff is not knowledgeable about what current issues are or how to fix them. Blizzard also openly supports racism, despite their claim to the contrary, by allowing people to name their characters with racial slurs. Their policy clearly states that they do not allow this and to report names if seen, but nothing is ever done about it and the offensive names remain. A simple search of their website reveals literally hundreds of characters named after racial slurs, either directly or thru letter substitution, IE. q for a g (also against their policy, supposedly masking words by altering spelling isn't allowed). Expand
  91. Aug 9, 2011
    After playing for 4 years at a cost of 675$ in total subscription costs and a couple hundred in discs and another hundred worth of pets and mounts it has been the most immersive MMORPG I have ever installed. The cataclysm expansion was long awaited by myself and millions of other players and it delivered about 25% of the satisfaction we expected in the game. Farming nodes are as if someoneAfter playing for 4 years at a cost of 675$ in total subscription costs and a couple hundred in discs and another hundred worth of pets and mounts it has been the most immersive MMORPG I have ever installed. The cataclysm expansion was long awaited by myself and millions of other players and it delivered about 25% of the satisfaction we expected in the game. Farming nodes are as if someone just decided to put a few lines of nodes in each new area and call it a day, versus pre-cata where nodes could be anywhere. Each week is met with at least 8-10 hours of complete downtime and neverending restarts as if they don't quite know exactly what they are doing. They recently also shut down all forums during these downtimes to ensure they need not read about unhappy players who spend real money for downtime. Quests which used to take time to figure out to complete are overly too simple as if the new target player base is 8 to 12 year old kids. Rest assured that once you have learned your class and become good at it, blizzard will rewrite your skills and abilities to ensure you are half as strong as you once were and after overcoming that hurdle, they weaken you even more. End content in the game requires you to somehow become affluent in raid tactics and gear to even be eligible to play the end content, typically reserved for the top 10% of the realm. Goldsellers, (hackers), frequent the servers to steal passwords and accounts then bilk these accounts clean to sell your stolen items on the auction house with no retaliation as blizzard can roll-back your account to replace stolen items. One would surmise that these hackers would be banned, yet they are not and instill the idea that they are beneficial to Blizzard akin to the term, "you scratch our back and we'll scratch yours", the idea that if a player buys gold from a goldseller, that player will be banned but will be able to buy a new cd set to continue playing with a new slate. Tactical title sales? Be warned, it's no longer as safe as it once was, just ask any player who purchased an authenticator. Expand
  92. Aug 7, 2011
    A late review since i also think Cataclysm is a terrible expansion. I hope blizzard put their A team back on wow for the next xpac. Think its pretty obvious that they were working on some other game instead of Cata. The issues i have are: The graphics are terrible. Fly around Northrend or Outlands for good graphics. 80-85 content looks very primitive and bland. The soundtrack has beenA late review since i also think Cataclysm is a terrible expansion. I hope blizzard put their A team back on wow for the next xpac. Think its pretty obvious that they were working on some other game instead of Cata. The issues i have are: The graphics are terrible. Fly around Northrend or Outlands for good graphics. 80-85 content looks very primitive and bland. The soundtrack has been destroyed. Went from equal best in a video game to stupid hollywood crap. Worst of all, say you did like the story, the model has changed to tens of little of quest hubs in a zone. Over everything else, this has made questing meaningless. If you only know an npc and their story for 20 mins max, you'll forget the npc just as easily. Oh yeah, the endgame is identical to previous expansions. Expand
  93. Aug 7, 2011
    Unfortunately this really feels like the beginning of the end for WoW. I liked the new content a lot at first, until a week passed and I was already 85. Then I decided to go back and start a couple new characters to see the new 1-60 content. A couple weeks later, I was reentering untouched old content for levels 60-80 that I didn't have any interest in replaying. The transition betweenUnfortunately this really feels like the beginning of the end for WoW. I liked the new content a lot at first, until a week passed and I was already 85. Then I decided to go back and start a couple new characters to see the new 1-60 content. A couple weeks later, I was reentering untouched old content for levels 60-80 that I didn't have any interest in replaying. The transition between Cata content and previous expansions is just awkward without any consideration or adjustment by Blizzard. There just wasn't enough content and fine-tuning with this expansion for veteran players, especially when the 1-60 game is now so ridiculously easy that it's just as easy and boring as watching someone else play it on youtube. Blizzard still manages to make some quest lines entertaining and funny, but these came few and far between this time around. The highlights were the new graphic effects, more challenging endgame instances, and the reorganization of the entire old world to make it flow better (technically this wasn't expansion content - vanilla players have access to all 1-60 content). The more prevalent cons of this expansion include the terrible transition now present for new players after level 60, everything outside of endgame dungeons/raids being pathetically easy, more graphical glitches then ever before, poorly made cutscenes, a very boring new profession (archaeology), and very little else to keep any veteran players interested beyond another month or two. I'm not sure if Blizzard is just losing their touch, or if the game is just reaching the age where no amount of quality content could help retain it's playerbase. Either way, this expansion came off as very mediocre at best. Expand
  94. Jul 29, 2011
    I ended up quitting in April, but came back to do a review because i read that WoW lost 600k subscribers. (derp) Anyways, i WAS an extreme WoW fanboy for like 6 years. I played the email beta in early 2003. I've seen every game diminish in potential. Cataclysm did it for me. No ACTUAL new content. Get to 85 asap, grind dungeons and pvp. Once you're all geared up... well that's it.. time toI ended up quitting in April, but came back to do a review because i read that WoW lost 600k subscribers. (derp) Anyways, i WAS an extreme WoW fanboy for like 6 years. I played the email beta in early 2003. I've seen every game diminish in potential. Cataclysm did it for me. No ACTUAL new content. Get to 85 asap, grind dungeons and pvp. Once you're all geared up... well that's it.. time to re-roll. I actually found myself sitting in Orgrimmar alt tabbed out doing other things, that's how bored i was. That's another thing, you get so bored because you just sit in main cities waiting for queues. Not like there's any world pvp anymore.â Expand
  95. Jul 18, 2011
    It was interesting to see how this expansion reworked the original regions of Azeroth. However, the new max level content was a bit of a let down, in terms of quantity. I expected more to do, and there just didn't feel like more.
  96. Jul 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm just gonna be straight up here. I've only played the game for 2 years, yet I'm already kinda burnt out of it. However, it emits an attractive vibe that just keeps me coming back. It's addiction, my friends. I can't even find any WoW clones attractive. It's addictive and it's even fun most of the time. Whenever I get bored on WoW, I find a way to cure my boredom, maybe even have a few laughs. That's what I loved about WoW; its semi non-linearity. Now, however, that non-linearity kinda disappeared with Cataclysm. It's quest, gold, raid, gloat. It's always been like this but I just feel like Cataclysm is where it's been most pronounced. Even in Wrath it wasn't like this. I've raided this expansion. I find it challenging and fun. However, I've been burnt out. Hell, on my 85s I haven't even done a dungeon for months because I just don't enjoy the queues, then having the group fall apart because the tank doesn't know what a taunt is. I just prefer the leveling. I've done all the old zones plenty of times before Cataclysm and the reworking of the zones was very refreshing. However, it's just starting to get old now, and I cry in pain whenever I get to Outland because it's the same thing it was for years, now. Now, I wait it out. I level to 60, do some stuff there, then level to 60 again. I actually find it quite entertaining, even though I've done it plenty of times already. I'm a slow leveler, so I guess that inadvertently prolongs the enjoyment. I really hope Blizzard doesn't disappoint next expansion. BlizzCon is getting me excited. However, in interim, I find that my playtime is slowly eroding and having its place taken by other games like Team Fortress 2. It's burning out, but there still are glimmers of hope left. Expand
  97. Jun 30, 2011
    WoW is so boring this days. PvP is always unbalanced forcing players to endless cycles of grind. You must grind your level, grind your gear... Its a big waste of time and money. End game players are some kind of cheap labor to Clan Leaders now. I would not waste my money and free time with this game.
  98. Jun 13, 2011
    Opinion of this game (and particularly about this expansion) will greatly depend on the type of player one is. Cataclysm (and WoW in general) is a perfect MMORPG for those new players that have limited and scattered free time (aka Casuals). For them it offers well polished, rich and fairly entertaining content that lasts for quite a while, the graphics engine is fairly outdated, but stillOpinion of this game (and particularly about this expansion) will greatly depend on the type of player one is. Cataclysm (and WoW in general) is a perfect MMORPG for those new players that have limited and scattered free time (aka Casuals). For them it offers well polished, rich and fairly entertaining content that lasts for quite a while, the graphics engine is fairly outdated, but still the game looks positively alive, much more so than ANY mmorpg out there. The only problem is a complete lack of higher difficulty option, the classes have many skills but very straightforward, the quests and even dungeons are easy, not challenging even for completely new rpg players. Some will like it that way, many wonâ Expand
  99. Jun 1, 2011
    Cataclysm is a very hard expansion to review. On one hand, the leveling content (Both from 1-60 and 80-85) is much more streamlined than it was before, though it is also much easier which may take down the enjoyment for more hardcore players. Casual players will likely be turned off though by the increase in time commitment required for endgame raiding from Wrath, along with much longerCataclysm is a very hard expansion to review. On one hand, the leveling content (Both from 1-60 and 80-85) is much more streamlined than it was before, though it is also much easier which may take down the enjoyment for more hardcore players. Casual players will likely be turned off though by the increase in time commitment required for endgame raiding from Wrath, along with much longer heroic dungeons. My recommendation is to look for another mmo, such as Guild Wars or Rift, or waiting for the old Republic Expand
  100. May 22, 2011
    The game has been redecorated and redesigned to change the much needed to be changed old world areas. I will include the patch contents within the expansion because this is about the change in WoW, not necessarily the value of the product. The old world zones used to be difficult, not the fun type which requires simple skill, but they were difficult to get through because they were tediousThe game has been redecorated and redesigned to change the much needed to be changed old world areas. I will include the patch contents within the expansion because this is about the change in WoW, not necessarily the value of the product. The old world zones used to be difficult, not the fun type which requires simple skill, but they were difficult to get through because they were tedious and frankly boring. However with cataclysm these things change, and mostly for the better. Old zones are redesigned so the effects of the catacylsm (mainly lava zones) are shown throughout, however the biggest addition are the quests. There are cinematics, phasing, and most important simply more quests. The 1-60 content is often better than any outlands or northrend content, making it seem much more feasible to start the new character you always wanted. However, during the leveling process, they have made it so quickly that its very possible to skip through things way to fast, for instance, i finished Stonetalon mountains within perhaps 1-2 hours, and i had gone up a whole 5 levels. Its like this of course until the early 50s, where blizzard tends to slow things heavily, but it is still a welcome addition. Now for the 80-85 content, which is actually some of the best blizzard has ever produced. The quests are epic in scale and involving many important lore characters, and even though their mostly against the odd Twilight Hammer. This also brings up another issue, the lore is quite unfitting besides the story of Deathwing (who is a fantastic villain) and the twilight hammer. The twilight hammer simply dont fit because they were always a very small part of the previous versions of the game, and only now do they go onto par with the demons and undead. It also marks the departure from the warcraft 3 lore, meaning blizzard will have to crank the creativity wheel soon enough to add to the lore anymore. The two new races Goblin and Worgen, are also a slight disappointment, but not because its blizzards fault. There simply werent enough players wanting new classes, and it resulted in very little amount of the new races. However their starting zones (especially the worgen) are great, and show the races homeland get destroyed as they take sides with their new factions. Now for the last part, and arguably the most important part, the endgame. The endgame is much better than Wotlk's easiness. The heroics, especially at the beginning of the release, were extremely hard and required teamwork and crowd control not seen since the BC days. It marked a return to the old days of classical wow, and was a huge welcome addition to many hardcore players. The design of the dungeons are great as well, with bosses being very flashy and numerous, and the diversity being good between them. Not much can be say about the raids however, mainly because they simply are not very good. There are three raids in total, and they are all much harder than WotLK beginning raids, however they are not memorable much at all. Over all i rate the game an 8, because the redesign of the old world is ultimately amazing, but with not much different to bring to the picture, wow's age marks are beginning to show. Expand

1. Apr 24, 2011
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm brings the excitement of a new expansion to much of the game and provides some exciting and engaging high-level content. If your account has lapsed, Cataclysm makes it worth the renewal cost. The expansion content raises the bar and re-establishes Blizzard as the reigning king of traditional MMORPGs.
  2. Mar 21, 2011
    More of an evolution in terms of gaming experience, but it's the best World of Warcraft expansion so far. If you have never tried WoW or are thinking about returning in Azeroth – now is the time. [Feb 2011, p.66]
  3. Mar 4, 2011
    Blizzard has undergone an extremely ambitious effort with the Cataclysm expansion, razing the familiar to the ground and building something that proves both new and inviting. And while certain balance issues are being fixed via patches, thereʼs something good here for new players, veterans, hardcore and casual gamers alike.