4.7

1. Sep 26, 2012
    It's the same recycled stuff that brings nothing new to the table. Game has been dumbed down for casuals and isn't appealing to play anymore. Save your $15 a month and buy something else.
  2. Sep 26, 2012
    As was already stated, most of the positive reviews here are coming from a handful of people making multiple accounts in order to falsely bring up the game's score. There were actually threads on the official WoW forums encouriging people to do this. That being said, Blizzard has done a fantastic job of doing exactly what they set out to do: make WoW more kid-friendly. By doing this,As was already stated, most of the positive reviews here are coming from a handful of people making multiple accounts in order to falsely bring up the game's score. There were actually threads on the official WoW forums encouriging people to do this. That being said, Blizzard has done a fantastic job of doing exactly what they set out to do: make WoW more kid-friendly. By doing this, Blizzard has alienated most of their fan base. Having played MoP, I can tell that without a doubt this game is no longer geared towards gamers or adults. If you are looking for a deep, complex, challenging and rewarding experience you will need to look elsewhere. I will give it 1 point because they at least attempted (sort of) to bring back world pvp. Overall I had a very bad experience with MoP, and like many others have cancelled my subscription for good. Expand
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    I bought this game because I have been a fan of the series, but it was a mistake. You don't get the same feeling that you did with Vanilla Wow. It feels stale, boring, and not much fun at all. I've only leveled to 86, but the hours I spent doing so felt like a chore. It's just not a fun game anymore. Same old tired formula from 2004: kill 10 boars and come back for xp, rinse and repeat xI bought this game because I have been a fan of the series, but it was a mistake. You don't get the same feeling that you did with Vanilla Wow. It feels stale, boring, and not much fun at all. I've only leveled to 86, but the hours I spent doing so felt like a chore. It's just not a fun game anymore. Same old tired formula from 2004: kill 10 boars and come back for xp, rinse and repeat x 2352362136. It was great then, but I prefer the likes of GW2 these days, and the fact that GW2 is f2p makes me wonder more and more about what blizz has been getting away with. Expand
  4. Sep 27, 2012
    I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made,I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made, they however a bit simple to play, but never the less i find them the most fun and innovated. Although i told myself i would never but another blizzard product after Diablo 3, i am actually enjoying MoP very much. Expand
  5. Sep 25, 2012
    Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion.

Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. The accompanying music has an appropriate oriental feel mixed with the oldschool tunes of Warcraft 3, which they seem to be trying to bring back in to the game.

I thought the pet battles would be a somewhat amusing side feature, and was surprised to learn how in-depth they went in to creating that system and its content. If you liked Pokémon, you'll probably get some fun out of the pet battle system. Don't look for the same amount of depth, however.

The pandas have an interesting and sometimes amusing story. If you're looking for a dead serious, no-funny-business, don't play the Pandarian race. There's still plenty to keep you entertained that's not your cup of tea, however.

This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Don't get me wrong, some of the quests are great, but you can definitely tell when a quest was phoned in.

The dungeons are short and to the point. This may please some, although I did find myself pausing after completing my first few dungeons and going: "that's it?" They're been streamlined for the new challenge modes and it shows. The new class talent system is a step up from the previous talent trees, although it does seem to lack the depth that it previously had. Despite the claims of the developers, there are clear winners in most categories for the talent you want to take. Unfortunately, there are also useless talents that you instantly know will be useless in the vast majority of situations. It's a good thought, but there's still plenty of work to be done.

Its buggy introduction quests are not a reason to dock an entire point as it's not a game stopper, but it could definitely have been handled better. I'm not sure how the main intro quests still had issues upon launch after the extensive beta testing this game received.

The expansion will unfortunately be remembered for its shaky quest start if they don't fix that very, very soon. There are also issues that will manifest themselves during leveling such as some class healing specs not having essential leveling abilities such as AoE.

TLDR: If you liked Wrath of the Lich King, you'll probably like this expansion. It's not perfect, but it's a step up in game quality overall.
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    Tons of BORING dailies to remain competitive.
    Dailies, Dailies, Dailies, all the way Dailies, again Dailies for rep, Dailies for epics, Dailies for extra loot coins, Dailies for recipes, Dailies to cook, Dailies for titles, Dailies for Mounts. Dailes to unlock factions.

DAILIES SUCK!
  7. Sep 26, 2012
    3.x User score...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is 100 negatives. Yep 100 and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing.

About MoP. best content of WoW, World pvp are back, Pandaria is great place and Pandares are awesome, they story, voices and problems ROCKS for me. I hope Blizz still follow this way and don't do another mistake like Cataclysm. For the Horde!
  8. Sep 26, 2012
    Very fun expansion to an already legendary game. It's definitely worth it to play as a Panda, questing can be the same old same old at times, but it's still worth it to play. I love it!
  9. Sep 26, 2012
    Not sure why all the bad reviews, loads more areas to explore, battle pets are a great idea. Same with cross realm play. Give it a chance, there are always bugs with new games/expansions. Loving my new Panda - highly recommend!!
  10. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if youIts the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if you were burnt out of WoW. I vowed never to return but im having so much fun I dont regret it one bit. MUST PLAY! Expand
  11. Sep 26, 2012
    we are 2 days in. not sure how anyone can give a real score based on seeing a very small portion of what this expansion has to offer. I can say that I am writing this review as an actual owner and player of the game and MOP expansion and what I have seen so far is not bad. Quests have good stories. PVP is fantastic. Dungeons are fun not overly time consuming but still challengimg enough. Iwe are 2 days in. not sure how anyone can give a real score based on seeing a very small portion of what this expansion has to offer. I can say that I am writing this review as an actual owner and player of the game and MOP expansion and what I have seen so far is not bad. Quests have good stories. PVP is fantastic. Dungeons are fun not overly time consuming but still challengimg enough. I imagine challenge mode will broden that scope. Art design is very nice. So much more too experience but my early first 48 hr review says its way better that Cataclysm and I hope it does well. Happy gaming! Expand
  12. Sep 26, 2012
    It is worth noting that the majority of negative or zero reviews are clearly (and at times admittedly) made by people who stopped playing WoW a while ago.

From those who have actually played Mists, the reviews are very positive. This was the smoothest launch of any MMO or expansion that I have ever seen. The artwork is beautiful - some of Blizzard's best - and the graphics engine continues to be updated with new lighting effects, full DirectX 11 support, and now a native 64-bit client.

Mists adds many new features and systems to the game, including a new race, a new class, the simple-but-addictive Pet Battle system, a new form of Lore discovery, accountwide achievements and mounts, revised PvP systems and mechanics, completely revised specialization and talent systems, and more. It also introduces a ton of new content on top of all these systems-level improvements.

There is no other MMO on the market that can go toe-to-toe with WoW in terms of the single player questing experience or the competitive endgame PvE experience (raiding). Mists reaffirms WoW's dominance in these areas. I wish Blizzard would pay more attention to the PvP side of the game, and that remains my biggest gripe with the product. Damage remains too bursty, crowd control too oppressive, and composition too determinative.

I think anyone would enjoy Mists. But I can especially say that anyone who has ever enjoyed WoW would love Mists. This expansion is a sort of renaissance for the game, and I believe fans will look back years from now and say that Mists was WoW's finest expansion, finally beating out Burning Crusade in fans' hearts and minds.
  13. Sep 26, 2012
    I've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to betterI've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to better optimize and balance classes. Pandaria is by far the most beautifully crafted continent and is so brilliant that the rest of Azeroth seems dated. You can tell that Blizzard developers have truly listened to the majority of their player base and worked hard to improve upon past miss-steps. Expand
  14. Sep 26, 2012
    I'm really enjoying it so far. I wonder if all the negative reviews have played it at all. I don't mind the graphics being a little lower-quality than the nicest-looking games out there. The graphics are still nice if you have them on the highest settings, and it's easier to play this game on an older machine because it does not have insane minimum requirements.

Another solid game

Another solid game .Battle pets are fun, guild experience comes more easily.
  15. Sep 26, 2012
    I've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't reallyI've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't really get why people are bashing the "cartoonish" style graphics....that is Warcraft identity, hating on Panda's? so much for playing Gnomes, talking cows, and space aliens with beard tentacles.....i was skeptical at first if this was a reason for me to subbing again, i tried it out, and enjoyed it. And to the people that say its simplified....have you ever tried it long enough?.......i should know, i've seen the changes to the talent system since Vanilla, though "simplified" or "dumbed down" as you people might seem it be, i think it's the closest thing to being able to be diverse as the hybrid talent system ways it has been since vanilla, they removed the "cookie cutter" talent mold that most of us just copy and paste, i do agree that the same old grind is still there, i used to be a hard core raider back in vanilla and bc, i started to be more of a casual in Wrath and Cata, not the biggest fan of Blizz mechanics, and most of the time i am part of the /ragequit guild like most of the lost subs....but like i said, playing that first 6-8 hours was refreshing and i am somewhat positive that i will be able to enjoy this game again. Expand
  16. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have vexed that so many people seem to judge this game on the first day of the release, while not only it is impossible for them to have viewed all the content that is to be seen, but also, never actually bring up in details the game's changes from its previous releases. I myself neither have however managed to see all of the content, but I will give my review based on first impressions of the game and try to avoid the hateful hivemind that seems to be omnious amongst the user reviews of this game.

First of all, let's take a look at the changes in abilities: A lot of people complain about losing their talent trees, but personally, I find it much more convenient. Lets face it, there never was any freedom with it anyway, everyone used a base set and built upon it. No creativity, everyone was the exact same. Taking away the old talent system is a good grief, whilst the new talents now give you freedom as they are all viable and all have their own amount of helpfulness. This gives people the oportunity to have a gameplay that is more like "them", and the new rotations are refreshing. Whilst some got a little stern (Such as Arms warrior, but this is based on a personal opinion), some other however seem to have gotten viable, while they used to be simply useless. For instance, Fury warriors were often laughably slow and rage starved, while now, they have less rage issue than arm warriors and are fast (And very fun!). The addition of a new class is always refreshing, but of course, there will always be unsatisfied people. The only thing I however have to complain about in terms of abilities are the power of healing. While level capped people don't seem to have a problem with it, level 85 healing is crazy and makes PVP against hybrids (I'm talking about DPSes with the ability to use healer spells, like a shadowpriest or a boomkin) very unfair. This was something mostly notable since patch 5 before MoP's actual release.

Now, let's move on to the quests and storyline. We're not talking about a huge, revolutionary and amazing questline, but it's a good and refreshing change of pace. For two expensions in a row we've been stuck with an end of the world scenario and a big villain that must be killed, or otherwise he will destroy the world (Deathwing, Lich King). This got pretty stern, and it didn't feel like the story was moving alot, altough Cataclysm's story DOES have a very important change that effects Mists: Garrosh becoming leader.

In the mists, the alliance and the horde keep their old battle against eachother, nothing unusual. But then the island is discovered, with a neutral faction upon it, and another threat; when war is brought upon Pandaria, hatred becomes corruption. It makes you think, is this fight between the alliance and the horde even worth it anymore? Is it even right? But it's hard to hold back as both faction have an extremely different approach on Pandaria. The alliance seems to try to stay as pacific as possible towards the Pandaren, with Anduin going on his own to help the people, while Garrosh, on his side, is REALLY pushing it, almost coming in as a tyrant to the horde (this is specifically felt when speaking to Paw'Don NPCs, as alliance).

That said, it's a nice change of pace from the "End of the world coming, big bad guy, must kill him" scenario. It instead makes you think about the fight between the horde and the alliance, the reasons behind it, and its consequences. It makes the whole PVP deal a lot more immersive.

Speaking of immersion, pandaria does that very well. All the zones are beautiful and unique, they're nothing like the rest of the world, and that's a breath of fresh air. The oriental mood is gorgeously executed and the music is (FINALLY) exploited to add to the mood and feeling of the game. The major NPCs (Such as the SI:7 agents) all have their own voices, and thus, feel like they're actually characters, and not just a generic person you will only meet once in the game to then forget about them forever. They feel important, and even charismatic on top of it.

The armors also have a great look. The purchasable armor gives people who have rushed their toons to 85 before the release a mean of having a good questing set, and avoids you from getting the old "Outlands clown armor" issue.

In many ways, the Mists of Pandaria are a great change of pace from Cataclysm. Some aspects of the game have been made more accessible and more enjoyable for all, while at the same, more chalenging content remains available (Such as Challenge mode, which is probably going to make PVE more intense that it ever was). The new areas have a unique feeling to them, the story makes MoP stand out of the previous expacs, and the list of goodies goes on, and this is just from a few hours of gameplay.
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    This is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck inThis is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck in the old WoW ways that they can't even adapt to a newer, better version. Learn to accept change, people. You and your community make me ashamed to be a gamer. Expand
  18. Nov 6, 2012
    The scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo theThe scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo the xpax, so far in pandaria i already have 5 days, it is incredible, you owe it to yourself to try it, whether you are a fan of WoW or not, the game is not childish, all the quests are dark and murderous, just how we like them Expand
  19. Sep 25, 2012
    So far, less than 12 hours after launch its too early to give a representative score. I wouldnt read too much into the scored given, check the history and you will see they post 10 for guild wars 2 which means ofcourse they are going to give a 0 to MOP.

The release could of gone better for sure, but every single MMO can say they same, they all have problems to start with. This part did frustrate me, especially with Blizzard promising the most bug free launch ever. They simply didnt deliver on that.

In terms of content, I am really pleased with what I have seen, the Monk class is great fun, the Panda race add an interesting element, and the impacts of Horde V Alliance ultimatly disrupting the natural balance of the area really is an interesting concept, which so far has worked really well.

For me so far the best parts have been 3 fold: Talent trees, the direction blizzard has gone is the future. Cookie cutter doesnt give choice, as everyone picks the same, so really there is no choice. With the new talent trees the choices are real and there isnt any right or wrong answer only your own play style.

Secondly Challange mode. I am really excited about speed runs, we used to do something similar inguild with 2 10 man raid groups forming at the same time competing to who would finish first. This gives it an upgrade and gives standard gear for everyone.

Scenarios. This element adds group questing as well as allowing for standard queueing, working towards common goals. I think wow players dont want to work with people becide them by default. I curse the screen when someone pulls my mob, I like that element. Scenarios means if I want to work with others I can do, and offers massive flexibility, with story scenarios allowing people to see first hand the lore.

I am really pleased so far, and would recommend people to ignore the marmite guidl wars fan buoy reviews given so far
  20. Sep 26, 2012
    Well impressed so far with my MOP experience, the game is taking a fun step back in the right direction. to all of you voting 0...all i can say is that you have set yourself up for failure from the get go.
  21. Sep 26, 2012
    Blizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansionBlizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansion they have done. Kudos to Blizzard for sticking with their plan and not catering to the elitist gamers who make up the vocal minority that doesn't like it. Expand
  22. Sep 26, 2012
    This is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked onThis is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked on that a lot of mmos usually overlook. The new areas are magical and genuinely exciting to explore. Entering a new quest hub is always interesting and the little story of that area is always fun. The new dungeons are fresh and fun. The normal modes for leveling are not overly challenging but are still good fun. There will be plenty of challenge at level 90. The music and voice acting really help immerse you in the world and allow you, as a player to get lost in the magic that is Pandaria.

Overall if you were unsure about this game because of all the negativity it has received from trolls I say try it yourself and make your own decision. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.
  23. Sep 25, 2012
    Maybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait forMaybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait for quests. Why you think there wouldn't be should tell you how disconnected you are to the game and it's massive fanbase. Sadly, bug do plague the experience. Kinda sad that it's expected so I really won't deduct points (maybe 1 point). I'll be first to admit I was very skeptical and even trash talked WoW after the new patch. "Too easy" and "dumbed down" were my words....well that and "even retarded kittens can play this now". I'm excited to say with the new content it has been a tad more difficult however, not enough to give a higher score. If your like me and wanted more, this game does have it...you just need to look for it. Expand
  24. Sep 25, 2012
    As I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, butAs I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, but the visuals are fantastic (considering the circumstances), and the Asian based theme is the best zone idea yet (despite the panda thing). Disallowing flying correctly allows for you as the player to be humbled and fully appreciate the epic proportions of the zone. The expansion offers a more effective and intuitive talent system, new and improved dynamic battlegrounds, and a massive new story line with ever more engaging quests. I can see how people who do more PVE think they have been under represented in this expansion, but consider how PVPers have felt for quite some time now. Unfortunately, if you are on the badly losing side of a PVP server, you might be pretty frustrated at times, especially in the early stages of the release. In your best interest, don't listen to a lot of the unreasonably negative reviews, but if you do, I don't care. Blizzard Entertainment is majorly owned (just over 50%) by the French conglomerate 'Vivendi SA' nowadays, and I'm not interested in supporting French corporations at the moment as much as I would like people to think rationally when they analyze any piece of intellectual property. Expand
  25. Sep 25, 2012
    how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90 and trying the new heroics and eventually the raids now :) I do think just 2 new dungeons up to 90 is poor though.thanks to any of you who cried yesterday and rage quitted the game,you've stopped all the lag lol like i said at the start you cant review a game after 1 day but felt i should offset some of the crying kids reviews who must have bought the expansion and then gave up after a few hours Expand
  26. Sep 25, 2012
    fantastica expansion , un inicio espectacular muy interesante con el principe secuestrado empiza tu aventura
    por estas tierras maravillosas de pandaria sin duda un 10 para blizzard
  27. Sep 25, 2012
    sad part is most of these user reviews have to do with network issues, and not the game itself. and with the game barely out for 24 hours its safe to say most of them havent even reached half way thru the game or the zones. and dont even add in the heroics and raids ect. they fail to realize its not all about the lvling, part of it is but not all of it is. this will take time before itsad part is most of these user reviews have to do with network issues, and not the game itself. and with the game barely out for 24 hours its safe to say most of them havent even reached half way thru the game or the zones. and dont even add in the heroics and raids ect. they fail to realize its not all about the lvling, part of it is but not all of it is. this will take time before it evens out... i hope. Expand
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

Mists is definitely the smartest expansion from Blizzard. Some of the more pointless things in the game, such as hunters using mana, casting time on slam, healers using talent points for dispells, Soul Shards in bags, reagents for spells and grinding keys to enter dungeons are gone. The reason? Simply because they went against the shaping of the game. Warriors should never be casting. You shouldn't need to grind an item just to get into a dungeon. Etc.

The talent point system was in dire need of being revamped. PvP-wise, several classes were forced into one spec for viability, but now all specs share common qualities, giving a more diverse environment. There was never any freedom with the old system. During WotLK, it was still a basic cookie cutter and it was just as worse in Cata. When you see a lock, warrior, shaman...you could be facing any spec. There are numerous combinations. Blizzard has gone back to it's TBC/WotLK days, where you level on a separate continent with distinct zones so you can finish a zone, obtain one level, and then move on to the next zone, which definitely makes you feel more involved with the expansion rather than questing, leveling, taking a portal to a new place, and repeating the process all over again.

Speaking of leveling, the grind for 85 to 90 is horrendous. Casually playing, it took something like 5-8 hours per level. The diverse zones make it slightly bearable, but everyone in my guild and on my server complained about the length. However, most people can relate to the grind from the original 1 to 60 before we had Looking For Dungeons. People asked for a harder game, and the grind was perfect in terms of The new raids are definitely going to leave some people puzzled. The architecture for Vaults is painstakingly similar to Ulduar. There is a similar trash grind that resets if you fail to kill a boss, and the bosses offer a much stronger complexity (which you will have to judge for yourself). Whereas last expansion, almost all guilds burned through the entire normal tier without any effort, only 3 guilds on my server have down the first 3 bosses, and there is only 1 guild in the world who has finished all 6...and this is just normal mode.

The game is different and time will tell how this expansion goes. There's definitely a number of things to do and it offers a strong hand to casuals and hardcore alike. I give it a 9 because I do not think Blizzard will ever outdo themselves and return to their 12 million subs. The content is fun and enjoyable, the mechanics are new, and it definitely seemed like a more "close-to-home" expansion that it's predecessor. World of Warcraft is far from "dying" and it's the top MMO for another year.

Typical reviews on here are just plain wrong and lack any intellectual thought. I'm writing this one one day after content was released, so if you're ready any of the reviews before October 2nd, you are reading reviews of people who have yet to touch the new raids, compete in arenas, try out new BG's, and so forth. Basically, you're reading the reviews of people who haven't even played this game yet. That is no way to judge a game.
  29. Oct 2, 2014
    Love the game and the lore, absolutely hate the players, and the people who play it, you can get harassed and mistreated badly on this game and i would not intend on letting younger kids play it because they have a realm just for erp, which is where people have cyber sex, and it is disgusting if you do play do not go to moon guard and i would not recommend having your child being able toLove the game and the lore, absolutely hate the players, and the people who play it, you can get harassed and mistreated badly on this game and i would not intend on letting younger kids play it because they have a realm just for erp, which is where people have cyber sex, and it is disgusting if you do play do not go to moon guard and i would not recommend having your child being able to communicate/chat with other players at all i have played for 9 years and this game has really lost it's touch due to it's players which i would not have a problem with if the GAME MASTERS didn't treat you like a number, which they do of course because there are so many players and they don't care about you or how much money you spend, also the game is way to expensive 14.99 a month A MONTH just to be harassed and mistreated by other players... no thanks.... i stopped playing period and have found a different game to play because of the players on this game.... i do not recommend this game to younger kids or suicidal people because ... the players are so mean and disrespectful on this game that it will be the last game you ever play.

this is coming from a person who has played for 9 years.
  30. Jun 3, 2014
    4.x User score?? ...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is ... negatives. Yep 540 negatives and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing. Great game, best MMO. Vivala Blizz.
  31. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has so many features that it is like owning several games in one - player verses player, player verses environment, pet verses pet, players working as teams to accomplish goals.

Great graphics and back stories Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult

Great graphics and back stories

Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult and teenage children for years. This is an easy way to stay in touch and have fun together as a family.
  32. Nov 26, 2012
    Been a loyal Warcraft member since day 1. This xpac made me cancel my subscription for the first time. The game has been turned into nothing more then daily quests which are WAY too repetitive. The whole pet battles thing also seems very immature. The game always seemed to be more of a live action puzzle the way every class had unique abilities and encounters were designed. Now every classBeen a loyal Warcraft member since day 1. This xpac made me cancel my subscription for the first time. The game has been turned into nothing more then daily quests which are WAY too repetitive. The whole pet battles thing also seems very immature. The game always seemed to be more of a live action puzzle the way every class had unique abilities and encounters were designed. Now every class has every ability with a slight variation to make it feel "unique." The pandas make an already borderline cartoonish game way too cartoony. I'm 29 so maybe I'm just getting too old. I don't know. Expand
  33. Nov 19, 2012
    More time consuming than ever, unrelatable and weak storyline, and just aggravating... I loved the game before even Cata was ok but MOP is just a grind fest. Unsubscribed and won't be coming back
  34. Dec 28, 2012
    This is a game for little kids.
    Full of cartoony things,they removed real talents,gave nothing to the storyline,ni epicness.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0. i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without
    This is a game for little kids.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0.
    i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without storyline.I hoped the realise and fix their mistakes of cataclysm,but 2bad they ruined 2 games,only starcraft franchise remains,and they made me not buy that after what they did with diablo and wow.
    thanks for reading have fun on cracked servers or **** up yourself with pandas playin pokémon.
  35. Dec 15, 2012
    With each expansion this game is getting worse. I think that WoW should be finished on Lich King. Mists of Pandaria show a much lower level of quality. In such a way, Blizzard even ignored the plot and story of the game. They started doing some nonsense content, indirectly related to the history of the game, like pandas.
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    I concluded to buy MoP. I started fresh, levling was boring as always. When i came to pandaria i was at first extremly impressed. This feeling was short, as i progressed it grew less and less fun. When i dinged 90 i was so happy that the levling was finally was over (was extremly easy). I thought that it would be thons of things to do in lvl 90. But i found nothing fun. There is no worldI concluded to buy MoP. I started fresh, levling was boring as always. When i came to pandaria i was at first extremly impressed. This feeling was short, as i progressed it grew less and less fun. When i dinged 90 i was so happy that the levling was finally was over (was extremly easy). I thought that it would be thons of things to do in lvl 90. But i found nothing fun. There is no world pvp in this game anymore. They try to get people out in the world by indirectly forcing them to do it. The dailiy quests suck and are extremly easy. Everything in the game is extremly easy and doesn't give any kinds of competition. PvP is also broken. Battlegrounds are full of botters. The battlegrounds are also destroyed, some by the players and some by blizzard. Though bgs have been destroyed for a while now it has gotten even worse. I actually spent thons of time walking around looking for something to do. Everything is about farming. Me and some friends also made a guild. We got about 50 active players before my friends starting transfering/faction changing to the alliance. My server was like 5% horde and 95% alliance. It was also "full". Pve content is also extremly easy. Community is destroyed. Bgs have been turned into zerging fiest. The idea of Pandas weren't that bad, but you screwed it up Blizzard.
    The thing that made me finally quit was when i saw thons of blue posts on the forum where people were complaining about different problems like unbalanced servers, destroyed bgs and more. The problem was that most of the posts were about 1-3 years old and are stil extremly popular topics. It shows that even though Blizzard promise to fix problems they wont do **** Also anounced that they are never going to make vanila,tbc,wrath servers since "they were looking forward". Why look forward, when everyone loves their previous stuff and hate their new content? It's time to look back. Blizzard, you screwed up.
  37. Dec 20, 2012
    Came back to play after being away since TBC. Early WoTL content was fun i suppose but Cataclysm felt like a dumbing down and now even more so with MOP I tried MOP till level 87 and grew incredibly bored. The focus on gear and removal of many game mechanics makes the game so dry. For some reason I was uninterested in exploring any of the zones, possibly because of the lack of aCame back to play after being away since TBC. Early WoTL content was fun i suppose but Cataclysm felt like a dumbing down and now even more so with MOP I tried MOP till level 87 and grew incredibly bored. The focus on gear and removal of many game mechanics makes the game so dry. For some reason I was uninterested in exploring any of the zones, possibly because of the lack of a interesting story (or any story rather). The whole thing feels pointless. In the early days I found it fun exploring the zones you knew existed from previous warcraft games and got to learn about the people and it all felt like it tied so well together. This expansion is just fodder. I wish I could get a refund. Expand
  38. Dec 30, 2012
    Lets cut straight to the issue. Wow was once a game for adults, based on a great story. Pandaria is a childrens game produced by second rate game designers (top ones are working on titan). I used to be addicted to Wow, so i can only thank blizzard for releasing me from my chains and saving me £10 a month. The only reason to play this game is if you are a child who enjoys trollingLets cut straight to the issue. Wow was once a game for adults, based on a great story. Pandaria is a childrens game produced by second rate game designers (top ones are working on titan). I used to be addicted to Wow, so i can only thank blizzard for releasing me from my chains and saving me £10 a month. The only reason to play this game is if you are a child who enjoys trolling chat channels and facerolling quests. Next expansion will be Wow: In the night garden....... what a joke......... Expand
  39. Nov 6, 2012
    Is it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game isIs it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game is NOTHING like what it once was. Classic, and Burning Crusade looking back feel like and are a totally different game. It seems like their idea of business is to take your money and for you to shut up. I even tried to give my account to my girlfriend so she didn't haft to buy it. She wanted the account name changed to hers. Customer Service told me we needed to submit 2-3 copies of each of our LEGAL Identification to get a name change. What is this? Here in the US to vote for a President you don't even haft to show ONE piece of ID. LOL and this is for a VIDEO GAME account. But, that didn't end there. The client then proceeded to threaten to ban my account since letting her have/play it was a violation of the EULA. As a BIG leader in the gaming industry i expected more. Collecting millions and billions if revenue a year, they would be the most polished company on earth. But to assume that, you would be DEAD wrong. Expand
  40. Jan 7, 2013
    The reason people are giving Pandaria zeros is because it's terrible. I wish I could give it a negative score because it really is that bad. WoW is ruined.
  41. Apr 17, 2013
    Remember when the game was rewarding, and made ditching your girlfriend because it was a raid night and it would take at least 4 hours to get through it okay? Well now you just feel like an idiot, because there is no longer any point to play for more than 2 minutes a day. That is all the time you need to level cap, get geared up, and rape some bosses.

Remember how there was a sense of

Remember how there was a sense of individualism in customizing your character by paving the way each and every level, learning a new trick that goes with the way you play? Blizzard to a dump on that idea and fed to their dogs by destroying the talent trees, and giving every ability you will EVER use at level 10. By the time you are 90 your face will be bruised, because that is all you need to use to play this game. Just smash your face on the keyboard and everything before you will die.

This game sucks, end of story. The ONLY reason I give it a 3 instead of a 0 is because leveling from 85 to 90 wasn't so bad. Its just, when I reached the endgame content (which is where WOW used to truly shine) I said to myself "this game blows massive donkey boner". And that was the end of my experience.
  42. Oct 18, 2012
    18OCT2012 - What else can I say about this expansion except Truly Awful. The kung fu pandas are way over the top to the point of being unbearably obnoxious. The panda characters and animations look stupid and clunky. Their voice acting is borderline offensive Asian stereotype. As expected, Blizzard pulled their usual lame tricks and recycled old content over and over. Very little is18OCT2012 - What else can I say about this expansion except Truly Awful. The kung fu pandas are way over the top to the point of being unbearably obnoxious. The panda characters and animations look stupid and clunky. Their voice acting is borderline offensive Asian stereotype. As expected, Blizzard pulled their usual lame tricks and recycled old content over and over. Very little is actually original work. Thankfully most of the Kung Fu Panda land is accessible on a trial account which saved me from purchasing this awful piece of garbage. If there was ever any doubt that Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing anymore, this expansion is proof of it. Don't trust the "professional" reviews here on metacritic because they're often paid to write a good review. I doubt any of them even know what World of Warcraft is nor how low Blizzard has sunk. Expand
  43. Oct 24, 2012
    It seems that wow new extension is going in the wrong direction, many of the fun is lost by oversimplified skills ans systems, and the original feeling of warcraft is lost to me. I feel like playing a different game, but an old one. The only good point is that wow is still a good place to meet many of my friends, but not much to enjoy the game. I suggest that blizzard go for a wow2 withIt seems that wow new extension is going in the wrong direction, many of the fun is lost by oversimplified skills ans systems, and the original feeling of warcraft is lost to me. I feel like playing a different game, but an old one. The only good point is that wow is still a good place to meet many of my friends, but not much to enjoy the game. I suggest that blizzard go for a wow2 with new graphics and back to orc vs humans rather than stretching the warcraft fluff. Expand
  44. Oct 15, 2012
    My 3 rl friends and my entire guild quit because of this expansion. Blizzard really screwed up this time. Panda world sucks even worse than cataclysm. I never had a problem with pandas before but they look soooo stupid in this game.
  45. ZDZ
    Jan 1, 2013
    WoW is now only people for people who lack the intelligence to play a decent mmorpg, or who are just really bad at games in general. I would say Pandaria might be good for small children, but the community is terrible. I know it's "cool" to love Blizzard and support everything they do, but Pandaria is just awful through and through. People are only giving this 10s because it's WoW, andWoW is now only people for people who lack the intelligence to play a decent mmorpg, or who are just really bad at games in general. I would say Pandaria might be good for small children, but the community is terrible. I know it's "cool" to love Blizzard and support everything they do, but Pandaria is just awful through and through. People are only giving this 10s because it's WoW, and it's cool to like crappy old games (kind of like how it's "cool" to drink cheap beer). You would be hard pressed to find an mmo worse than WoW at this point, unless you're one of those people who refuses to play any other game besides WoW. On a positive note, this game can run on REALLY old computers due to the laughably bad graphics. Expand
  46. Jan 1, 2013
    Everything about this expansion is terrible. From the lame Pandas to the mind numbingly boring quests. This game is a joke. They dumbed down the game so much it's now aimed at little kids. There are so many better mmorpgs out there for adults nowadays. It feels embarrassing playing wow so most people are quitting.
  47. Oct 15, 2012
    First: a copy of Asia in WoW? That's not cut, that's not creative - that's simply cheap. Same with the whole armory. Compared to the gear and level design in Cata, MoP is simply crap. Next thing: the talent "tree". That's no tree at all. It even doesn't have talents. It's just choosing 6 skills. Some of them are pretty cool, many are just copies of old talents - the real ones. That sucks.First: a copy of Asia in WoW? That's not cut, that's not creative - that's simply cheap. Same with the whole armory. Compared to the gear and level design in Cata, MoP is simply crap. Next thing: the talent "tree". That's no tree at all. It even doesn't have talents. It's just choosing 6 skills. Some of them are pretty cool, many are just copies of old talents - the real ones. That sucks. Next: the PVP. They all call it the "PVP Addon". Did anyone of these guys even play PVP in GW2? WoW never was a PVP-MMO and it never will be one. PVP boring as always. Last: the endgame content. Well, the only reason I give 2 Points for: it's a bit harder to beat. But I bet they will patch it easier, as they always did. I really loved WoW, but it's old and boring now. The world and the whole gameplay are so stiff like an 90 year old guy and its simply ridiculous how WoW tries to copy GW2 and other MMOs with it's scenarios and Pokemon stuff. That's simply cheap. Expand
  48. Oct 31, 2012
    I played wow since TBC in chunks of a few months and stopped playing when Cata came out. Cata alienated the game world to me. Everything became streamlined and useless. The worgens on the alliance side were an insult. Then GW2 came out, i tried it and liked it until the first instance - it was a mess, so I dropped GW2 on the same day i went to the first instance. Then pandaria comes out,I played wow since TBC in chunks of a few months and stopped playing when Cata came out. Cata alienated the game world to me. Everything became streamlined and useless. The worgens on the alliance side were an insult. Then GW2 came out, i tried it and liked it until the first instance - it was a mess, so I dropped GW2 on the same day i went to the first instance. Then pandaria comes out, and i bought the expansion and 1-month subscription "just to check it out". Well, did 2 zones (Jade forest and Valley of 4 winds), created a female panda monk character and deleted it immediately because it looked like a fat ugly woman. I simply hate all this new asian content. It's completely out of place and worst of all, the whole expansion is about China. You can't skip it, you can't avoid doing the zones or quests related to China. It's just China everywhere, there is nothing else. Also, the game got even easier than it was before. So, why should i level up the character? What would i find at level 90? Same heroics, than raids, chaotic bgs and arenas where i will always lose because i don't have the gear. And all that now in the chinese setting... This game is gone, Wow died when Cata came out. The painful part for me as a gamer is that WoW will still earn money, but from the different audience now, from the same people who play farms and buy seeds and potions for real money on mobile platforms. This is a new generation of players. They are dumb, lazy and don't see games as challenge or mental exercise. Blizzard is just adapting to them. Pretty soon there will be no place for us "old farts". This all just makes me feel old. The funny part is that this "dumbing" did not start just recently. Even my generation is dumber than the one of my parents. So, lets see where we come in 20 years from now. Kids of our kids will see Pandaria as an impossibly hard game. Expand
  49. Dec 21, 2012
    I have been loyal to blizzard since Pre-BC. I loved BC. WotLK...that's when I stopped.

However, CatA came out and I said "Hey why not!" It was an entirely different world of warcraft. When I was 15 - I said "LFG VC!" No one knew what I was talking about. It wasn't until an older player messaged me saying "umm..he's dead." and gave me a full run down of the new WoW. Leveling up to 85...I was shocked at how easy tanking was now. It was pathetic! People would storm into mobs and not care about aggro! It was going against everything I learned! Remember "tanking" lessons back in Pre and BC? Yeah - apparently that went out the window in WotLK. Remember good old Nax? It was floating in the air!!! Ok, so I got to 85, did the entire "gear thing" which was REALLY easy (seriously). I was disappointed...then Pandas. Ok. Blizzard said it's fixed things and made things fun.

I will NEVER EVER play a blizzard game again! I do not trust them! D3 was a disaster...but this panda BS is terrible! The community is rotten, the gameplay is good for a 5 year old, and RP is dead.
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    WoW is dead to me Blizz refuses to accept Cross Realm Zones are the worst features they have ever implemented, not only for the ganking and griefing it is causing, there's also a huge lag since CRZ implementation wich never happened before the implementation of this infamous feature.
    I have heard that attunements in BC were frustrating but the level of grind with dailies rhis expansion brought has no comparison, and even tough they may be "optional", they are only if you don´t want to have any progression with your character.
    The most alt unfrienly exp that has ever been made, much needed resources to adress WoW critical issues wasted on the development of cheap copies of pokemon (pet battles) and farmville (tillers faction).
  51. Jan 17, 2013
    This game has been so dumbed down it's ridiculous. Once again blizzards philosophy of "my way or don't play at all" has driving away fans yet again. The 6 talent system had so much criticism when it was first announced in cata, and yet they went with it anyways. Low pop servers continue to suffer. Class imbalance rampant like always. Truly horrible.
  52. Apr 28, 2013
    I've seen WoW slowly go down the drain. Pretty soon you'll pick a character and all the abilities will be picked for you and you'll have no choice. I can't believe people actually still play this.
  53. Oct 14, 2012
    Ok, I may lose credibility right off the bat for saying this, but pandas? really? I know they were in the warcraft games, but they were barely even covered. Why go this route when there are so many other options available, such as the emerald dream, or what happened to alleria and turalyon? Or we could have even fought sargeras and it still would have been more plausible than this BS. MyOk, I may lose credibility right off the bat for saying this, but pandas? really? I know they were in the warcraft games, but they were barely even covered. Why go this route when there are so many other options available, such as the emerald dream, or what happened to alleria and turalyon? Or we could have even fought sargeras and it still would have been more plausible than this BS. My second issue is that this "new" continent is just a reskinned northrend, there is no originality here people. Third, the talent tree changes are just bad, it throws off what balance the classes had, meaning that there is no class balance anymore. Fourth, the community blows ass now, it was bad in cata, but it's even worse here, and when a community sucks in a game which requires massive cooperative effort, you've got a serious **** problem. Fifth, the game brings nothing new to the table, it's just more of the same, get to level cap, grind for gear, grind for more gear, make a new character, rinse and repeat. Sorry people, but if you were looking for something refreshing and new or anything good, go somewhere else, this game sucks now Expand
  54. Oct 14, 2012
    Waste of money, i did not like anything about this "pvp expansion" The leveling was fun i guess but its all the same old same old with dumbed down game mechanics this does not truly feel like a MMO anymore.
  55. May 28, 2013
    I fear MOP is a reflection of when the whining masses get their own way. Let me be up front and state this: just because people want something in a game, does not mean it's good game design.

Do you remember when tanking and healing used to take skill and some forethought? You won't find that here. Healers cannot go OOM and tanking takes very little attention. Characters have

Characters have become very homogenized and the differences between the classes are small.

Blizzard cannot balance PVP. This is the worst pvp I've played in any wow game. Sure, people used to get gibbed in vanilla, but at least you could see it coming most of the time IE stuck in a seduction while a warlock fired up a soulfire with a 6 second cast. Combine this with boatloads of instant CCs and instant heals and instant everything else and I'm left wondering who finds pvp fun anymore?

Many of the raid fights I've been in had hard enrage timers. Many fights aren't about mechanic mastery, but about pumping out as much dps as you can. This made for some of the most boring boss battles I've done yet, and the most frustrating.

Blizzard has taken an approach to eliminate all aspects of socialization or need to communicate and coordinate. Why CC a mob? Looking for raid is pants on head stupidly easy. No longer is there any mystique because all raids are cleared on day 1 with a raid full of people who don't communicate and are not punished for standing in the fire the whole fight. How is this even a game? There is no challenge to be found here. Just because I'm a casual player doesn't mean I want to be treated like someone who has never seen a computer before.

Grinding has been replaced with daily quests. Remember how in vanilla or TBC you could log on and go kill mobs for drops to get rep with the scryers or timbermaw? Yes, it was a grind, but what we're offered in place of this is daily quests. Now the ability to accumulate rep is throttled instead of being something you could do on your own time! Just because it's a daily quest doesn't mean it is not a grind. You are still killing mobs or picking up items. I miss being able to farm twilight texts and selling them to other players who wanted their rep grind quickly. I also miss how grinding mobs in an area for drops usually meant players were going to be in the same area for a while and provided good opportunities for PVP.

Cross realm zones have ensured that the low level crafting materials are going to be extremely rare. This is opposed to the mop lvl zones where you literally cannot go 2 seconds without seeing another resource node to loot. Have fun lvling that new character's trades!

I'll conclude by saying that I stand in the group that firmly believes Vanilla and especially TBC were the pinnacle of wow. I still play on a private vanilla wow server and I find it infinitely more enjoyable than mop. It is not the nostalgia factor at all as many mop supporters would like to think. Wow used to be simple to learn and hard to master. It used to require team work, communication, and some struggling which just made the rewards that much more enjoyable to get. There used to be a reason to go out into the world, and you could make real rivalries and get a reputation for yourself. Blizz made wow so people who want to be anonymous jerks or are really bad at the game are able to accomplish just as much as everyone else in the same span of time without ever leaving the main cities. There is no challenge to be had here. This is the last Blizzard game I will ever purchase (I said that when I got D3 and I should have stuck to my guns). The worst part is that much of the community supports the direction WOW is going so I really do think we are going to see WOW fizzle out and die because the people who made the community good, enjoyed a challenge, and didn't want everything handed to them on a silver platter have been alienated.

The few good things, challenge modes, and improved graphics, are the only pros I can think of. Even challenge modes though are just a race against the clock however and only provide aesthetic rewards. Not worth coming back for IMO.
  56. Jan 8, 2013
    I may look like a simple hater by giving this game a 0, but it is entirely justified. This "expansion" is an example of Blizzard's greed and disrespect for their best franchise. They killed off all the major characters and gave them obnoxious canon backstories, thus completely destroying everything Warcraft III could have lead to. All the villains got killed off unceremoniously by "a groupI may look like a simple hater by giving this game a 0, but it is entirely justified. This "expansion" is an example of Blizzard's greed and disrespect for their best franchise. They killed off all the major characters and gave them obnoxious canon backstories, thus completely destroying everything Warcraft III could have lead to. All the villains got killed off unceremoniously by "a group of heroes", and now that they have no more characters to spit on so they could make money, they turn an April Fools joke into an "expansion". I say "expansion" because it isn't really an expansion to WoW, as it is to Cataclysm. Cataclysm changed WoW so much it is basically an entirely new game. But by making it an expansion, Blizzard forces people to play it if they want WoW, as they would ignore it if it were a separate game. It started plunging WoW into a pit of casual gaming, and Mists of Pandaria does that even further, and like Cataclysm, makes old content people worked hard for - obsolete and useless. This blatant, disrespectful money-maker is an insult to Warcraft and an insult to everyone who ever paid to play World of Warcraft. I'd rather give my money to EA. Instead of focusing on fixing this and working on Warcraft IV, they keep butchering the canon so much that such a game will soon be impossible. Kudos to you, Blizzard, I hope you enjoy your money. Expand
  57. Sep 19, 2013
    I was subbed to WoW for possibly 3 years straight, once Cataclysm came along I re-subbed and play for about a month.

After Diablo 3 and Cataclysm I started to sour on my Blizzard love. I had been an avid fan of the company since I was in 4th grade with Warcraft I. Pandaria seemed like a joke to me, it seemed a casual ploy. And maybe it is to a degree. I remember the first days of the

I remember the first days of the original WoW.... how long everything took. It really felt like getting to level 60 was going to be a huge achievement. But, thank goodness they did away with that level of grind so that you would be able to level a couple of classes a little quicker and get to your raid.

On a whim I recently decided to get Mists for $20. Watched the GameTrailers review and I trust that guy.

I am delighted with this expansion; I feel somewhat bad that I never gave this expansion a chance from the very beginning. I cannot devout a lot of time to any video game and I wish WoW would have gone F2P as well, but while I play this expansion I realize why it has not. There is a reason I am not still playing GW2, or Neverwinter, or any of the countless other pieces of MMOs. WoW still has creativity, it still has a vibrant soul that I cannot deny. I am glad I was able to unfurl it's claw from my mind for a while, but nonetheless roaming through it's world is a wonder.

MoP may not be nearly as ambitious as other WoW expansions and this, I find, to be it's strongest suite. The design is tight, questing is streamlined, the environments open. I loved stumbling upon a small village with 3 tight quests then journeying on-wards through majestic environments that recall the original WoW to some degree.

The sound design is solid, the new zones are solid and more down-to-Earth in a WoW sense, pop-culture references abound (the whole thing somewhat based on Rashomon), whimsical, goofy and actually slightly matured and extremely polished.

The game may not be innovative, but this is WoW. Ultima Online was more ambitious and innovative than WoW years before WoW ever set foot. It's no big deal, innovation was never in the cards for WoW even though it tore this whole genre into such a specific and emulated genre no one has been able to touch the magic Blizzard created. Blizzard once again prove with this expansion that they are design geniuses; they realize what they have, what works and what does not and what I see here is something in a perfected and under-appreciated form. The pandas work, the voice acting where it is, is great, the story is actually somewhat decent. But, at it's heart It is truly magical escapism at it's finest, beautiful and subtle. I will gladly pay another two months of sub fees to take in it's glory to a fuller extent.
  58. Mar 13, 2013
    Blizzard: "Let's copy/paste our previous expansions and give it a new look and slightly tweaked mechanics! That way we can get as much money as possible without working on improving the game at all!" MoP is just the same old wow with a new wrapping and unjustified hype. WoW will never be the great game it once was again.
  59. Mar 4, 2013
    I was originally very excited for the expansion having been a loyal player. I was sourly disappointed. The novelty of the new land quickly wears off and it all begins to look the same. I was bored by level 87 from all the green. They modified the game for simplicity but went too far with it. There is not much skill involved. The pandas only have one viable heal until level 40...well, levelI was originally very excited for the expansion having been a loyal player. I was sourly disappointed. The novelty of the new land quickly wears off and it all begins to look the same. I was bored by level 87 from all the green. They modified the game for simplicity but went too far with it. There is not much skill involved. The pandas only have one viable heal until level 40...well, level 80 in my opinion. They didn't fix the laginess. There is no proper raiding or PVP anymore. Any average joe can mash buttons to win. The dumbing down of the game has put me off. Many of my loyal friends are now leaving the game behind for something new (or left a while ago) and I'm a little sad and nostalgic leaving it behind. WoW is simply not the same game it was; their new playerbase of dumbed down, button mashing kids will take over the game for a while. Expand
  60. Jul 11, 2013
    Throughout the beta for this game, you could tell there was something 'off' about it, there was a lack of direction and the game as a whole has been left in odd, unsavory parts.

Whilst they have rectified the errors made in cataclysm by adding more endgame content, they have further reduced the leveling time and now they want to bring an ingame shop with which to buy further EXP bonuses, so you never actually see more than half of a zone before you are rushed off.

The Endgame content is lacking, and all though the raids are plenty, Blizzard is making fights more and more complex, which doesn't necessarily mean a more interesting counter but more of a tedium to learn and do. There has only been 1 additional raid release throughout it's 3 patches, with a 2nd coming in 5.4, and the fact that it is almost over after 1 year of release, makes you wonder whether they are pushing out a greater quantity of content rather than a select of quality content. They have added a new raiding system, which is an improvement, but it still feels like a huge 'drop-off' point for players who want to raid, as you can still get 0 loot from your raid finder, or normal raid, and as soon as you get gear that out-scales the raid finder's current loot available to you, you can't help but feel that it becomes a pointless waste of your time. Blizzard have removed the daily quest limit, so instead of paying careful attention to which faction you'd like to make some friends with, you basically have no reason to not spend 3 hours doing them all at once, which feels very overwhelming and necessary to retain an edge in the game. Challenge mode dungeons are underplayed, and are still pretty much ignored on the whole.

New features such as the Tiller's farm and Pet battles added some interesting flavor and value to the game, but they quickly lose their novelty and your farm seems like more of a chore, and pet battles just lose any sort of charm after you get beaten by an enemy-troll team.

In conclusion, I think that Mists of Pandaria cured the bane of players, which was nothing to do, but now instead overfaces them with too much.

Graphics wise it is fine, not a gem, but it's not really a 'graphics' orientated game.
  61. Nov 17, 2012
    I'd like to start off by saying that I've been playing since near launch with one break in late Vanilla. This is also coming from someone who generally disliked Cataclysm.

Mists of Pandaria (or "MoP" as I will be referring to it as such from now on) is very manipulative. Once you make it to max level, you are given a plethora of new options, but very few actually give you anything. With the exception of a single Scenario (the Arena one), the other Scenarios give you little to no rewards for your character (if you get really lucky, a crappy item). Dungeons (or rather Heroics) will get you gear and (very useless) Justice Points which will get you gear that's... under the Dungeon quality... Okay... You'll also get Valor Points... but you can't spend them until you do two+ weeks of daily quests with multiple factions.

Basically, your progression goes like this: Every day, you're intended to do all of the daily hubs (That is, about 5 of them, each taking anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes each) for 45 days (or 45 times). This is so you can spend your hard-earned Valor Points on higher gear as well as get some other rewards. In addition, you're intended to do Heroic Dungeons to gear alongside your time with dailies. When you're finally done with all of that (such as myself), you're just intended to raid and... not do much else. Similar to Cataclysm, but Cataclysm at least just went: Dungeons (or crafted) and JP Gear to Raiding, whereas MoP is: Dungeons, Crafted, JP, and Dailies (all alongside each other) to LFR to Raiding.

To any retro gamer out there reading this, Cataclysm is to Castlevania as MoP is to Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (except that Cataclysm was also terrible, unlike Castlevania, but in the gear progression sense, this analogy holds true).

In addition, Blizzard claims you have "choices" and "options". I've experienced both sides as I now have two level 90s, one of which (my main), I did all the dailies and did everything possible, and my alt, who is not doing the dailies. While both sides are terribly slow, the dailies character was much faster, but 10x more boring.

Aside from all of that, the ONLY reason I'm giving my review a 5 instead of a 1 or even a 0 is because of the raiding content and challenge dungeons. I won't lie, I've disliked and even hated raiding since Tier 9 (that is, Trial of the Crusader, the patch after Ulduar), but Tier 14 is actually quite superb for a very awful expansion. Even moreso, Challenge Dungeons are a fun rush that only offers vanity and aesthetically beautiful gear for overcoming difficult challenges with a group of friends/guildies/whatever.

While I still think MoP is doing very poor in its current state, it is by no means the worst expansion, as Cataclysm easily deserves that award (less choices, less stuff to do, awful raiding, awful EVERYTHING). I have hopes for the future, but they're very slim because if the fun raiding content stops, this will instantly turn into a 1 and a subscription cancellation, permanently.
  62. Nov 11, 2012
    After Cataclysm I was expecting more content and more "stuff". I knew from the start that this wasn't going to be a huge game changer but I waited with patience and eventually it came out. After about 2 months of gaming all I can say is this: it's not bad, although I can see why the players are angry about it and the reason is it has nothing really different than the other expansions. TheAfter Cataclysm I was expecting more content and more "stuff". I knew from the start that this wasn't going to be a huge game changer but I waited with patience and eventually it came out. After about 2 months of gaming all I can say is this: it's not bad, although I can see why the players are angry about it and the reason is it has nothing really different than the other expansions. The questing system, even if it's the exact same as the other expansions, has one major upgrade: they are almost all linked all at one and almost resembles a campaign (something that this game really should have). Apart from that, it's the same old stuff and even though I don't mind at all if quests are repetitive it's showing already how old the game is. The new areas are gorgeous and really shows that they are struggling to make the game still good to look at...but again it shows so hard that it's old and needs a new direction. However, the 2 newest additions are of course the pandarens and the monk class....now for the first one, I don't really like it, but it's very well done and even if people think they are fluffy and cute, which they are, they don't feel out of place at all and I really feel their problems and struggles while questing. The monk class can be considered a bit like a druid or a paladin because it can do all 3 roles (tank, dps, healer) and so far it's actually too good, so good that properly it's gonna need some fixing, but so far I do enjoy this new class and the only flaw is that the first levels are kinda hard due to a HUGE lack of damage (but luckily gets higher around level 15). Now, for the rest, I do have some complaints: the dungeons are very well done and bosses are greatly and nicely thought...but they are still easy and it's a shame that it doesn't get any more challenging. I haven't tried raids but the most I get from players is that they aren't hard and the heroics are not even hard, but actually even easier. At 90 also the game forces you to grind reputations in order to get a lot of your equipment, making the game based mostly on daily quests: this method seems like an excuse to make the gear grinding look harder, but it's only longer and really feels out of place, without mentioning that the levelling is extremely long to reach the cap. Overall, I do enjoy this game, probably more than most of other mmorpgs. I played and tried other online games, from Aion to guild wars 2, and somehow I still get back to this game and the reason is that it's still a very cured game and detailed. It has flaws and I'm gonna give this game a 6 mainly because it's not bad, but it's definitely meant for old fans of the series: they will gladly like the game and won't have real issues at all, but for those who are tired already...I highly suggest to skip it. All I can say is, I do hope for one more expansion, and then put an end to this game, because even though Blizzard is showing capabilities and knows how to improve some game content (and make some other worse), this game is unfortunely becoming too old and needs to end in glory. Not in shame. Expand
  63. Oct 14, 2012
    Oh boy, now I am a fan of WOW, but not this debacle. I like the new addition to the game, but none can forgive credit to BLizzard anymore, they have lost the magic it once possessed. I don't want to bash the game, because it is still a social monarch on the scene, but the gameplay and surprise is once lost after a week of questing. The QUESTion marks are this games downfall, it brought toOh boy, now I am a fan of WOW, but not this debacle. I like the new addition to the game, but none can forgive credit to BLizzard anymore, they have lost the magic it once possessed. I don't want to bash the game, because it is still a social monarch on the scene, but the gameplay and surprise is once lost after a week of questing. The QUESTion marks are this games downfall, it brought to the scene a way to simplify an MMO and takke the immersion one would once get, when you wandered around and LEARNING what the game was about. It is now nothing more than a strict mother telling you what to do. It is a good expansion pack, but I think maybe the AGE of the game is showing. I want to make clear, if you enjoy WOW, please don't read the reviews, they are for honest biased opinions only. If you are a fan of the game, get this XP now! If you are thinking of returning, well....you will have the same disappointment you had when you quit the last time. Blizzard needs to revamp it's developers and seek out young creative talent instead of patting themselves on the back for taking chump money. Expand
  64. Oct 13, 2012
    ......why do i have to buy this game because there no way they can do like wow 2 with HD and new look still same look toon over again again i wish they needed to do just like guild wars 2 not just patch evey time they do that i am not buy this add on game they more like DLC cost alot and game just lvl 85 to 90 it to much and go miss alll the other game too all they need to do is just......why do i have to buy this game because there no way they can do like wow 2 with HD and new look still same look toon over again again i wish they needed to do just like guild wars 2 not just patch evey time they do that i am not buy this add on game they more like DLC cost alot and game just lvl 85 to 90 it to much and go miss alll the other game too all they need to do is just remaster and renew story and remobel and better song and this time they really need add like HD video see more like forever Nintendo 64 game armor not seen good dude that waste of life time >.< come on guy look what guild wars did change to part 2 and remodel better wow did not seen bad idea to buy this game Expand
  65. Feb 7, 2013
    I've been a WoW subscriber since vanilla(first WoW release pre expansion pack for those unfamiliar) and kept holding on waiting for it to return.......it's not and I feel like a fool for dumping tons of cash into Blizzards pockets while waiting. MoP has been the slap in the face I needed to wake up and bail out. Honestly the Pandas weren't THAT bad(remember Hero Class? lol) but the dumbingI've been a WoW subscriber since vanilla(first WoW release pre expansion pack for those unfamiliar) and kept holding on waiting for it to return.......it's not and I feel like a fool for dumping tons of cash into Blizzards pockets while waiting. MoP has been the slap in the face I needed to wake up and bail out. Honestly the Pandas weren't THAT bad(remember Hero Class? lol) but the dumbing down of the game just to draw in a new generation of subscribers had to be the worst move in this company's WoW history. Talents mean nothing now....dps classes are catered to on a ridiculous level(I play a tank and managed to hit 90 and probably got about 3-4 non related quest reward drops for my tank in dungeons vs. 700-800 dps drops) and don't even get me started on pvp......everyone has every ability now...WHAT? Blinks, Vanishes, CC's, Fears, Stuns.........I get angry just thinking about it. Now the only point in playing is to log in and do your 12 hours of daily rep grinding so you can get a profession pattern that is outgeared by a piece of raid finder gear you can get in a tiny fraction of the time. And for what...... to grind more daily quests. Ugh! I just can't even think of recommending this game to anyone anymore and it frustrates me to no end. You've gone from #1 Blizzard to.....#2.....literally. Expand
  66. Mar 13, 2013
    I played WoW for about 7 years. Getting on board about a month after the launch of the Burning Crusade. The game was incredibly different then. The world was more alive, and there was a lot of user generated content. From PvP raids, world PvP, world PvE, community events etc... There were groups of strangers always finding something to do. It was more social, which is what kept me playingI played WoW for about 7 years. Getting on board about a month after the launch of the Burning Crusade. The game was incredibly different then. The world was more alive, and there was a lot of user generated content. From PvP raids, world PvP, world PvE, community events etc... There were groups of strangers always finding something to do. It was more social, which is what kept me playing for so long. However about mid way through Wrath of the Lich King came the LFG (Looking For Group) tool. That allows players to queue, and will automatically assemble a group. Indeed, it takes out all the pain of trying to assemble a group yourself, but the tool caused less people to be in the world. The interaction among players dwindled. Being that the other players are on different realms the communication is minimal, with maybe a ""hi" and "thanks for the group." Towards the latter Cataclysm, they implemented LFR (Looking for Raid), similar to LFG, it exacerbated the same problems that came with LFG. Beyond these issues, Mists of Pandaria, is rather repetitive. Since player generated content has vanished, unless you're an role-player, the only things left to, and not necessarily in a negative sense just a precise sense, you'll do quests to level to cap, once there you'll really be left with only two options. You'll either run battlegrounds to achieve honor points which will be spent on items that will make you more powerful, or you'll end up battling the "random" number generator in dungeons to obtain the gear you need to raid were you'll repeat the cycle. You'll also end up doing weeks of daily quests just to spend the currency you're obtaining while running dungeons. It can be misleading. It'll appear that there is plenty to do at "endgame" but will boil down to raiding, or instanced PvP. With the LFR, and LFG the game feels very lobby based now. Lack of reason to go into the world, and little user generated content leaves everyone waiting around for the next patch. Expand
  67. Sep 22, 2013
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot beWorld of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot be challenged by any game on the world. So for the Content i would give WoW 100/100 points for this About the Design: This game got a lot of characters 2 Worlds designed by Blizzard Entertainment. The staff did a good job giving the players 2 planets with a lot of area designed a lot of characters hairstyles etc. This game is one of the best games on the World if you judge it right. This game requires a lot of word especially at lv 90 on PvP or Pve It needs more time to get PvP and Pve Gear on both primary and secondary talents. Lets judge the lore behind the game: I have always been a fan of WoW lore because it got so many characters and leaders with their long stories. The Lore of WoW is one of the biggest stories in the world. I always think that the lore is one of the important parts of the game. Going back to desing There are a lot of wearing that characters use on WoW which are also designed by blizzard entertainment. WoW its one of the best games in the world if you judge it right. WoW doesnt have high level graphic but that doesnt mean that playing it will not be fun.

As for the poor gamers here who rate it 0 or 10 learn to judge a game and stop writing foolishes about it. You are not rating the game you are writting just things that you experience.
  68. Jul 28, 2013
    Resubscribed about a month ago after having played during Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I myself scoffed initially at the concept and made the same generic "Kung Fu Panda" jokes everyone else did. But that was until I looked further and actually started playing the game.

While the atmosphere of Mists of Pandaria is not nearly as epic as the air of uncertainty that came with advancing upon the Lich King- an impressive antagonist steeped in WoW's Lore- it is obvious that Blizzard was attempting to break the formula. The style of MoP is radically different than that of any expansion in regards to its artistic style. Whereas the landscapes added in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, though beautiful and far more detailed, did not strike me as being terribly different from content in the base game, Mists of Pandaria immediately stood out. You are told that you are being thrust into a strange new land, and damn it, Blizzard delivers it.

For the Lore-aholics that resent the direction WoW's story has taken, be at ease. The Pandaren (Though I take no issue with them) are not the central characters of Mists of Pandaria. The story revolves primarily around the Alliance and Horde- lead by King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Garrosh Hellscream- taking of advantage of Pandaria and its denizens in a final attempt to end one another. While the Pandaren play an important part, you will find that characters introduced in the past of World of Warcraft seize more prominent roles.

Like them or not, it is overkill to say that the Pandaren ruin the game. Especially considering that there are already bear-people like the Furbolg. The only reason it seems far-fetched is because of Kung Fu Panda.
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    I believe it has come to a point where no expansion can satisfy me. I no longer play World of Warcraft for the content, but for the memories. The game has been a huge part of my life and to be honest, it's quite hard to let go. Many times I have cancelled my subscription only to subscribe yet again in less than a month, regardless of the fact that I log on to the game so rarely now.

As

As for this particular expansion, I must say I love the design and graphics behind it. They really surpassed their previous expansions in that regard. I absolutely loved exploring Pandaria and the Pandaren starting area. Had they allowed flying mounts in Pandaria right off the bat, I would've missed out on so much. The dungeons did not impress me, though they also had great design behind them. I believe this is because I have become too familiar with the game and lost any sense of adventure there used to be.

World of Warcraft is still, undeniably, the best MMORPG there is and I'm likely to continue buying future expansions to come, but the game will never feel the way it used to. But it's not Blizzard's fault, it's just the way things are.
  70. Jan 12, 2014
    This addon ist NOT for players who enjoy to play a variety of classes for multiple reasons. Be it crafting materials that you can only gather by playing your -one same- character but not by trading, the farming of faction reputation (per character) or daily as well as weekly duties (per character) that you have to do over and over again, unless you want to be excluded from the rest of theThis addon ist NOT for players who enjoy to play a variety of classes for multiple reasons. Be it crafting materials that you can only gather by playing your -one same- character but not by trading, the farming of faction reputation (per character) or daily as well as weekly duties (per character) that you have to do over and over again, unless you want to be excluded from the rest of the content due to gear level.

If you make it: still endgame is hell. Outside of raids you won't find anything that isn't dumbed down. There's just nothing to do that makes sense whatsoever. Leveling is broken (too fast, super easymode, skipping lots of content, role system broken in low dungeons because of easymode npcs). PVP is broken (item level for PVP is no competition for PVE players, no change in the world for PVP victories, no sense as of what PVP should be good for in this game). Raiding can only be done once per week due to an ID system that flags the content until reset - which is once per week. So it's like a waiting game until you're allowed to do stuff again.

I'm looking hard, really, really hard for some kindness and teamplay in this game but it's nowhere to be found so far. Because everything has been anonymized along with the dumbing down people can and will try to do everything by themselves alone - in an MMO ! Others are merely a pest or random annoyance. Gameplay favors that by cornering the classes in their roles without any way to prove useful out of that role as well as the way classes are designed: Not teamplay is relevant for everyone. It's just relevant that YOU play you OWN CLASS well enough to survive - except for healers of course who are responsible for everyone.

I can hardly put my finger on the -one thing- that is broken in that game because there's so much wrong with it now. Basically it's become a game of ego players that want the best items while looking down on all others and trying to do everything alone and/or start griefing on others.
    It's not the MMO with a kind community and teamplay that it once was. The thing is: I could put myself to use but because there's only raid content where that really matters I feel like there's no other place for me to be - except for once per week, of course.

Pandas are not the problem with that addon. Just another race added. The problems are broken mechanics everywhere, a world that has content added to it, one addon at a time while the previous content is basically dead and a community that is merely centered around endgame and toxic behaviour because the game has become so boring that this is the most interesting thing that one can actually do.

I had to take a break at the end of the previous addon, "Cataclysm", because it was long overdue to release new story content aka the next addon which took quite a long time. I waited some time after MoP before I started so that I could start my question without facing overrun zones with harsh competition but still there was just no place for me to be. As tank or healer I don't have any good options outside of instanced content. So I am forced to play a damage based class outside - or I play my -one- raid per week. Below the raiding difficult there is only very shallow instanced content and nothing that matters in the outside world.

Just no fun. Add toxic people, have your Wow experience. That's how it is.

Take this rating as a 3/10 instead of a 4/10 if you play on those servers that have technical problems quite frequently or such a low Horde / Alliance population that the auction house and guilds are quite empty.
  71. Sep 28, 2012
    This game deserves nothing higher than a 0. It's graphics are dated back to the stone age, the lore is **** and the community is made of children. The class mechanics are all blending together in a horrible mush.
  72. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  73. Feb 9, 2013
    The economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing untilThe economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing until they can release their next pile-of-turd MMO known as Titan. Being disappointed far enough by Diablo 3's "Pay 2 Win" auction house I will give everyone this advice from now on: Stay the hell away from Blizzard's new products. They aren't themselves anymore. R.I.P Expand
  74. Sep 27, 2012
    This game completely sucks now. WoW was once one of the best mmos on the market, but now it's one of the worst. There are free to play games that trump WoW these days, and paying $15 a month for this terrible game just seems stupid after the MoP debacle.
  75. Sep 27, 2012
    First of all just want to say that Iv been playing WoW for over 6 years and I have experienced the game from the beginning. First thing I dont like about MoP is the whole simplified formula Blizzard came up with for new / bad players. To be this totally beats the concept of a game, where game should be changeling with some kinda learning curve, I hate hope WoW has become a no brain gameFirst of all just want to say that Iv been playing WoW for over 6 years and I have experienced the game from the beginning. First thing I dont like about MoP is the whole simplified formula Blizzard came up with for new / bad players. To be this totally beats the concept of a game, where game should be changeling with some kinda learning curve, I hate hope WoW has become a no brain game that requires minimum skill to play.. I mean damn watching TV is more fun than MoP.. Second, the PvP is imbalanced, the worst it have been so far, there are classes doing too much dps / healing, and classes that are doing too little..I dont know why would Blizz want to throw away 8 years of developing pvp balance and then just throw it all away with the new talent system... Third, the new content is the same old cake, just different icing.. I think Panda's where a bad idea also, I mean there is nothing " Fantasy " about Fun Fu Pandas, WoW is a Fantasy MMO after all.. Oh well, I want give them my money for that junk, Expand
  76. Sep 27, 2012
    Been playing since vanilla and I can honestly say that this is the worst expansion ever. Loads of bugs, lagg, disconnects, rude customer support, the list goes on and isnt worth my time. They have lost me as a customer and I will boycott anything this company sells.
  77. Sep 27, 2012
    It's sad to see how far World of Warcraft has fallen. WoW used to be an amazing game. Even up until the beginning of Cataclysm it was still the best MMO and the obvious choice for serious gamers. Now it's just not the same game we fell in love with over 7 years ago. "Jumped the shark" can't begin to describe what Actiblizzard has done to the masterpiece that was World of Warcraft.
  78. Sep 28, 2012
    "Everyone gets a trophy for showing up".
    "Everyone gets a trophy for showing up".
    This unfortunately is Blizzards mantra on their game design these days. In an attempt to staunch the loss of subscribers Blizz has decided that content needs to be easy, unchallenging, and provide rewards regardless of effort or skill. The leveling process, which is a huge part of any RPG MMO has slowly but surely been flattened and dumbed down to little more than a themepark ride, where mashing your buttons randomly will reward you with success, and never once will there be any danger of failure for poor decisions. Even the traditional challenge of needing to learn the mechanics of your class to succeed in group content; such as dungeons and raids, has been removed in favour of sleepwalking through content to collect shiny loot at the end.
    Another huge part of any MMO; the social aspect, has been gutted and left to rot in favour of appeasing the lazy anti-social loot-hungry players. While forming a group through actual social interation and discussion was time consuming, it created bonds with fellow players, it opened up opportunities for guild recruitment and just good old fashioned making friends. But crucially it created a sense of value in other players when teaching each other and sticking with a group meant something. Now with the auto dungeon/raid finder other players have zero value. Its far easier to abuse another player and kick them out the group knowing that the automatic finder tool will happily keep replacing that player for you until you find someone that meets your exact required numbers.
    Groups are just silent anti-social loot farming expeditions, where kicking for the slightest of perceived mistakes or shortcomings are the order of the day. Friends lists are all but dead and empty, guilds have dried up and disappeared in favour of the mega-leveling guilds which are used only for their guild level benefits. The social aspect of the game has been inadvertantly destroyed for the sake of ease and laziness. Just because players want the easiest route doesnt mean its actually good for them and the community, just as children who only want to eat icecream but we know that making them eat their vegetables is good for them in the longterm.
    The dungeon and raid content has also been a victim of easy no-effort rewards. Players who have no interest in learning about their class, learning how to player more effectively have found that its much easier to complain to Blizzard and demand easier content. In the belief that making content as easy as possible will prevent further subscriber loss Blizz happily keep dumbing group content down. Now Raid Finder is nothing more than a loot distribution tool requiring a half-asleep raid group to hit a cardboard cutout boss before watching it fall over so they can pat themselves on the back for completing a "challenging raid and getting hard-won loot".
    All of this while the core game has never brought any real innovation to the genre. The age old hamster wheel of fetching 10 boar spleens and killing 8 kobolds to level up, so you can farm the same handful of dungeons to get gear for raiding so you can farm the same raid to get gear for the next expansion, all so you can then farm to replace all your gear for a few more +1's and wait to do it all again in a couple months. No meaningful character progression outside of farming gear over and over again. Proffessions that are meaningless other than providing a couple of minor stat boosts. PvP that relies on tedious endless point grinding to get gear just to be able to compete. Daily quests that are nothing more than more hamster wheels to deperately keep you paying your monthly fee while waiting to farm more dungeons.
    Lastly the talent system that has been reduced to a simplified system which is terrified of letting anyone make a mistake. The idea of making a poor decision and learning from it has been deemed unacceptable. Everyone needs to succeed all the time, regardless of skill or knowledge. As such its a system with no real choice, since there are no "wrong" choices. Its a theme that is repeated throughout the games design. When everyone is a winner, then nobody wins.
  79. Sep 28, 2012

The

The talent system is a joke now. You can close your eyes, pick random talents, and end up with a viable character. Customizing your character and creating that perfect build is one of the most basic and fundamental aspects of playing any RPG. Even if that spec came off of a website, it still took some work to figure it out and tweak it to your needs. They've essentially removed talents altogether and made the specs all cookie cutter.

No new content. Sure there's new dungeons, raids, zones, etc., but it feels like Blizzard is just going through the motions and this point and milking the game for everything they can. It's all the same rehashed content with no real substance or innovation.

The game is old. Mists of Pandaria would have looked impressive back in 2004, but for a 2012 release the graphics are pathetic.

Pandas...Yeah yeah they predate Kung Fu Panda, Blizzard can retcon whatever they want, and there's already other animal people in the game. But still, it's Kung Fu Panda. The game doesn't have the same "serious" feel to it like in past expansions, and that's important when you're investing 20+ hours every week playing it competitively. Although extremely nerdy, there was something cool about spending 40 hours a week with your guild trying to kill the Lich King. Now that feeling is gone. It's more difficult to justify the same hardcore playstyle when you're dealing with Pandas.

The story, the poor poor story. Not much to say besides the writers have clearly lost their touch when it comes to creating interesting and at times logical lore. To be fair it's been in steady decline for a while now, but Pandaria is a new low.
  80. Oct 6, 2012
    After playing a vanilla wow private server and then playing this and comparing the two games, I can really say Blizzard has completely ruined wow, this game really sucks now and there's no point playing it. I used to be so addicted to this game , I would play every day and it was all I thought about, now it's a piece of crap.
  81. Sep 28, 2012
    This game is horribly disappointing. I felt like a 10 yaer old girl playing it. Really, pandas and pokemon? After Diablo 3's rip off Blizzard really needed to hit a home run with Mists of Pandaria and they failed miserably. Never buying another Blizzard game. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me. Off to GW2 I go.
  82. Sep 28, 2012
    I played WoW back in 2006 and was surprised when I resubbed that the game did not age well at all. The questing is dated, the graphics look terrible, and the community is probably the most vile I have ever seen anywhere. Got my refund after one day of playing.
  83. Sep 28, 2012
    After the release of Mists of Pandaria World of Warcraft players are facing a lot of ridicule. There have been reports of kids of all ages getting picked on at schools, and WoW players are now the butt of all jokes at the workplace. It's very sad because WoW really didn't mean anything to non-players before MoP, but now after all of the TV advertisements and panda-sporting card boardAfter the release of Mists of Pandaria World of Warcraft players are facing a lot of ridicule. There have been reports of kids of all ages getting picked on at schools, and WoW players are now the butt of all jokes at the workplace. It's very sad because WoW really didn't mean anything to non-players before MoP, but now after all of the TV advertisements and panda-sporting card board stands in the front of stores like Wal-Mart and Target, people have learned to despise everything WoW related. It's like WoW players are the new juggalos. As far as the expansion itself goes, it's just more of the same except everything has been simplified to an extreme level, which just makes playing that much more boring. The Pandas look terrible, and when I see them I understand why people would want to make fun of this game now. Expand
  84. Sep 28, 2012
    This game is totally for little kids now. Complete with immersion-breaking pop cultures memes EVERYWHERE. If you're looking for deep gameplay, or an immersive world, you certainly won't find it in pandaria. The questing is some of the easiest and most boring content WoW has seen to date. Oh and update the graphics already, they were sub-par in 2004 and now they are just plain hideous
  85. Oct 4, 2012
    I love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always hadI love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always had a childish theme to it. The content is SO much better than Cata, leveling has not been a complete drag to me yet which is a complete breathe of fresh air. And to those that say its dumbed down, 10 bucks says 3/4 of you went onto elitest jerks and tried to find the best build for your class and spec cause i know i sure did. So don't preach about how it impacted your play style and blah blah blah cause in reality it did not really effect you at all. All i hear is ohhhh i want it back to the way it was and end game to be ridiculously hard core. Well you all need to realize Blizzard is a BUSINESS and needs to do what they feel is best for their product......... Don't like it? Then end your subscription and go play something else, but im sure most of the negative reviewers here are already level 90. I love MoP and will be a long time WoW fan. Expand
  86. Sep 27, 2012
    Not the worst expansion, but definitely not the best either. The Pandaren starting zone is boring and very slow paced, especially since you are unable to send over your BoA items straight away. The art style and music in Pandaria is great. Cross realm zones hurt the game more than they add to it. Pet battles are an absolute joke and are a prime example as to why Cory Stockton should not beNot the worst expansion, but definitely not the best either. The Pandaren starting zone is boring and very slow paced, especially since you are unable to send over your BoA items straight away. The art style and music in Pandaria is great. Cross realm zones hurt the game more than they add to it. Pet battles are an absolute joke and are a prime example as to why Cory Stockton should not be a Lead Content Designer. Level 90 class talents are not balanced at all in that some classes only get meh abilities. Expand
  87. Sep 30, 2012
    I can honestly tell most people giving reviews on here have either not played the game for longer than 10 mins or just plain hate the game and like lying through whatever teeth they have left.

Mists of Pandaria has been one of the greatest expansions blizzard has made since BC if not better than it and it just is getting started. Don't knock it till you tried it. I became level 90 2 days ago and i have so many things to do. But before that the leveling and questing actually felt fun. The zones are amazing and the dungeons are beautiful. The monk is also a fantastic addition to the game along with the pandas. Alot of people are just mad about pandas...if that's the case don't play as a panda. Nothing is stopping you. This expansion as said is a step in the right direction. I am glad i got back into WoW. Thank you blizzard for making such an amazing expansion. :)
  88. Oct 4, 2012
    The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1 point. To those that feel the game is the 'same ol' same ol' - I agree it is still wow. They didn't change how the game is played. But, in my opinion, I didn't want a 'new' game, in the same way that I don't want them to change how baseball is played from season to season. It has expanded the current game, hence the term 'expansion'. They don't change the rules of baseball just because there is a new season do they? Expand
  89. Sep 28, 2012
    honestly, i didn't expect any better, just another pointless expansion with no texture or graphics updates, i think WoW has had it's time and needs to rethink there style and what makes an MMO fun. gameplay is dull , nothing new brought to the MMO genre. However, i did enjoy the dungeons.
  90. Oct 2, 2012
    Every expansion has breathed new features and new life into WoW. This one doesn't. It simplifies the game to the point of absurdity, offers nothing to improve on the dated, now-ugly graphics and effects, and offers nothing compelling we haven't seen and done before. The new race isn't interesting, the new zones aren't interesting, and the new class is slightly interesting. Once you getEvery expansion has breathed new features and new life into WoW. This one doesn't. It simplifies the game to the point of absurdity, offers nothing to improve on the dated, now-ugly graphics and effects, and offers nothing compelling we haven't seen and done before. The new race isn't interesting, the new zones aren't interesting, and the new class is slightly interesting. Once you get to the new level cap, which takes practically no time whatsoever, you'll be treated to...easy end-game that, frankly, isn't very interesting. If you're addicted to WoW, you'll undoubtedly buy this. If not, just pass. There are so many MMOs out there now offering different features and playstyles, there's really no reason to play this one anymore. Expand
  91. Oct 6, 2012
    Seems like some kind of payed anti blizzard ppl are posting here. The day expansion launched, they all give 0/10 score.

Unfortunatelyy, this makes all this scores by users totally uselles. Still, I found MoP much more entertaining than GW2. Quests are more fun, playing is much smoother (responsive of my character), the graphics changed so much (for better) for years. The new zone

Unfortunatelyy, this makes all this scores by users totally uselles.

Still, I found MoP much more entertaining than GW2. Quests are more fun, playing is much smoother (responsive of my character), the graphics changed so much (for better) for years. The new zone looks really cool.

At least my realm (Grimm Batol EU) is full of players, at AH we have tons of items (over 80k atm), raids started this week and LFR starts next. I'm having a blats playing this expansion.

Just to compare - I'v played maybe 20hrs GE2 and made me bore so much i have not launch it since. I've played MoP like 80hrs already and having so much fun.

I was somehow afraid of pandas. Fortunate, the race is cool, in those bandannas they look badass, animations are fine. Plus in the new quests they fit perfectly, nothing seems odd, everything is good explained.
  92. Oct 5, 2012
    Great Story/Content. Beautiful new landscapes. Great new musical score to go along with the new lands. Scenarios are a nice break from the dungeon grind and allow you to queue for what are basically the group quests now. Overall it is one of the best expansions since BC.
  93. Oct 5, 2012
    I actually think this expansion is quite good and it's the one to bring me back. Cataclysm was rather disappointing, but this expansion brings back the sense of exploration and wonder that I enjoyed to much with Wrath of the Lich King. I don't get why so many people hate it, but as with all internet trolls, they just hate stuff to hate stuff, really.
  94. Oct 1, 2012
    This games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoringThis games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoring this low. Give it a try. You will enjoy it. Expand
  95. Oct 4, 2012
    The new talent system is terrible. Sure, the majority of people used cookie cutter builds with the old system, but at least you had a choice. Now you are FORCED into a cookie cutter build. The monk class is boring. The new quests are dumbed down to the max (just like everything else). Graphics are terrible. Story is laughably childish. The pandas look ridiculous, and again extremelyThe new talent system is terrible. Sure, the majority of people used cookie cutter builds with the old system, but at least you had a choice. Now you are FORCED into a cookie cutter build. The monk class is boring. The new quests are dumbed down to the max (just like everything else). Graphics are terrible. Story is laughably childish. The pandas look ridiculous, and again extremely childish. A very sub-par expansion, and not the quality you would expect from the Blizzard of old. Expand
  96. Oct 6, 2012
    Blizzard as we knew it in its respectable glory days, is dead. I sure am glad WoW is getting more intricate and complex, OH WAIT, it's a simplified kiddy pile of crap. "War" "Craft" "Panda" YEAH real interesting collection of ideas for a game. Diablo III was amazing too. LOL

All hail the almighty $.
  97. Oct 2, 2012
    It's too early to judge but I think this might be WoW's best expansion. New things I love: 1) CRZs (world pvp is back plus my medium pop server doesn't feel empty in low and mid level zones), 2) Pet battles! They make leveling in WoW more fun than it ever was. 3) The new talent system. For the first time I can actually pick the talents myself and not have to read a site to find the 1-2It's too early to judge but I think this might be WoW's best expansion. New things I love: 1) CRZs (world pvp is back plus my medium pop server doesn't feel empty in low and mid level zones), 2) Pet battles! They make leveling in WoW more fun than it ever was. 3) The new talent system. For the first time I can actually pick the talents myself and not have to read a site to find the 1-2 viable specs for my class. Some things I haven't tried yet: The monk (only level 15), Pandaria, raiding, new dungeons, bgs and arenas, PvP balance. I will probably edit this review in 2-3 months, but I had to counter all those negative reviews from GW2 fanboys and Blizz haters, because MoP doesn't deserve such a low score. (btw I played wotlk for 3 months and cata for 1 (I didn't like where WoW was heading in the last 4-5 years), I'm not even close to a wow fanboy) Expand
  98. Sep 28, 2012
    I was playing Mists of Pandaria on my Pandaren Monk when my wife peeked into my office, looked at the screen, chuckled and muttered "you're not a man" and walked away. I am not very impressed with Mists of Pandaria thus far.
  99. Sep 28, 2012
    WoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a differentWoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a different demographic - the game is now for kids. If you enjoy paying a monthly fee AND playing with (other) children, this game might be for you. Expand
  100. Sep 30, 2012
    As I normally would not give it a positive feedback I can't say that I didn't like playing this expansion. I gave it a try, if you have doubts even a little of returning then don't do it and feel like you wasted time. Though I started a monk (human) and having my fun restarting the game, by playing at level one; cant' say it's not new to me but it's not automatic evil.

You can't

You can't really bash the game for making everything easy when we're the ones who yelled,cried and whined for it and they gave it to use so we kept asking now look how some of the new generation of MMO's are; so that obvious fact of socializing aside let's go to the other features. The pet battles is very much Pokemon you cant' deny that, but it is a fun little feature that you can actually lose yourself in. Level up a pet, capture new ones, challenge others it's a new fun feature for this game.

People complain of auto-easiness well they brought it about, so really people don't blame the game... blame yourselves for becoming so lazy.
  101. Sep 30, 2012
    Once you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made HeroicOnce you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made Heroic dungeons mindnumbingly easy to the point where a decent tank and healer with 3 mediocre DPS can chain pull entire dungeons. Yet, while they've made dungeon crawling insanely easy compared to early Cataclysm, they've reverted back to Burning Crusade design for reputation grinding. There's even two reputations you can't touch until you've gotten a third, separate, reputation to revered. If you are like me and enjoy having reputations at exalted, prepare to endure a hellishly slow grind of daily quests where you gain only 100-500 rep per quest. They even did a nearly direct copy and paste of the Netherwing Ledge grind from Burning Crusade and called it "Order of the Cloud Serpent" (complete with sky races and rare spawning eggs). Then there's the Tillers, where you have to get reputation with *individual NPCs* in order to get overall reputation. |||| Professions have become markedly easier with most of them easily completed to level 600 well before you reach level 90. On my main, I had enchanting at 600 by 87 and tailoring at 600 by 88. Never in the past have I had all my professions at max *before* I hit max level cap. |||| Pet battles and the Tillers (aka Farmville or Harvest Moon) are nifty but gimmicky and a poor excuse for content. They're nowhere near as good as their original sources so they won't have staying power over time. |||| Frankly, it feels like they don't know where they're going. They've made too much of the game overwhelmingly easy and are trying to use reps as the hook to keep people playing. Unfortunately, it's not 2007 anymore and this isn't Burning Crusade. I struggled through Cataclysm and was actually excited for Pandaria but I find it to be as lacking, if not moreso, than Cataclysm. It would appear, then, that after 8 years, I will likely be bidding adieu to Azeroth as I just don't see the game getting better any time soon. It's sad when pet battles, WoW's version of Farmville/Harvest Moon/SIMS, and the complete trashing of the RPG elements of talents are considered major sales bullet points. Collapse

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]