4.8

1. Sep 27, 2012
    The game is fun and entertaining for someone who has taken a long break from away from WoW but many of the changes appear to have dumbed it down such as the talents. I am not sure exactly when Blizzard decided to only allow you to update your talent build every 15 levels since I have been away from WoW for some time, but it is really a step in the wrong direction. Blizzard needs to goThe game is fun and entertaining for someone who has taken a long break from away from WoW but many of the changes appear to have dumbed it down such as the talents. I am not sure exactly when Blizzard decided to only allow you to update your talent build every 15 levels since I have been away from WoW for some time, but it is really a step in the wrong direction. Blizzard needs to go back to the old talent system. Expand
  2. May 27, 2013
    The latest patches are well done and fun to play, it seems Blizzard is back on his feet with WoW. For this reason the score goes up to 6 but for me the whole asian ambience of Pandaria it's a fail.
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    7/10 - Played from 20 hours after launch. This was the smoothest expansion launch in the history of WoW, no lag, no server crashes, no wait-list to log on. If you had an active account and logged on during the prior month then you already had patch 5.0 installed and upgrading via digital purchase would only take about a minute to patch the game.The expansion quest line starts out with a7/10 - Played from 20 hours after launch. This was the smoothest expansion launch in the history of WoW, no lag, no server crashes, no wait-list to log on. If you had an active account and logged on during the prior month then you already had patch 5.0 installed and upgrading via digital purchase would only take about a minute to patch the game.The expansion quest line starts out with a really cartoon-ish looking cut-scene. WoW has always been cartoon-ish, but this was extra cartoon-ey. The voice-acting had lots of emotion but was very Saturday morning cartoon-like. Thankfully, once you get past the first couple of quests the game is more Asian themed with nice meditative Zen-like music than cartoon-ey. The pandas are cute in a "Winnie the Pooh" kind of way, with their big bellies and loving to eat and drink beer. Even the evil witch Panda you meet in the first zone looks really cute and cuddly. But the graphics of the Pandas and the scenery look really well done. For better or worse, this feels like a completely different game than earlier WoW expansions. Most of the quests are your standard WoW quests, talk to an NPC read a bunch of text (or ignore it if you want lol) and go collect stuff, kill stuff talk to other NPCs, etc. The bombing quest you do at the start seemed really dumbed down from previous expansions. I've come across at least two instances where there were too many players and things weren't spawning fast enough and I had to compete with same-faction players for item nodes. I've heard some guildies also complaining about the same thing in other zones I have yet to visit and one even logged off in frustration being unable to complete her quest due to to many players being around, this is unusual for Blizzard usually the stuff spawns more frequently when there are more players around, but they seemed to have it tuned too low this expansion. Some of the questing bosses do not have tagging so you can cooperate to kill them with other players, but not most stuff. I've come across quite a few evasion bugs where you attack something and it starts evading you for no reason, normally I wouldn't mention it but since people are cutting other games up for bugs often on Metacritic I'll mention it here. There was also a bugged boss in a regular dungeon where we had to quit the instance because we couldn't continue. I'm sure Blizzard will fix these things over the next month or so though. Questing is still fairly linear but less so than Cataclysm. The best way is to describe it as a tree, where you start out doing a linear quest chain (trunk) but later it splits and you choose between 3 quest hubs (branches) to do in what ever order you want. There is no flying in Pandaria until level 90 cap, feels weird at first but you get used to it after a bit.I've run two regular dungeons. The aesthetics are very nice. The boss fights are interesting, you have to dodge spinning water spouts, jump into bubbles and float, etc., much more interesting than tank and spank. The greens you find start out around ilvl 372-384 so you won't be replacing your Dragon Soul tier set with them. However, if you run a regular dungeon the blues that drop on iLvl 410 so say goodbye quickly to your Dragon Soul tier set if you run dungeons. Between the random drops and dungeon quest rewards I replaced 4 of my iLvl 397-403 set from normal/heroic Dragon soul with new gear during my very first level 85 Pandaria dungeon run -- Way to make my hard-earned raid gear immediately worthless again Blizzard :/ Overall, so far not a bad expansion, but nothing special after playing Lotro, Guild Wars 2 beta and The Secret World (an amazing MMO imo), etc.. I plan to level to at least get a look at end game but not sure if I'll be subscribing again in the long run. Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    Believe me I understand the desire to score bomb a game, the joy we feel when we dump a 0/10 on a game on the basis of any whim we like. I do it all the time. However this expansion goes some way to extending the life and joy of WOW. It really is a breath of fresh air in a pretty stale, slowly sinking game. Dumbed down? Yep! Childish? Yep! Cutesy? Yep! Fun???? YEP! Truth be known theBelieve me I understand the desire to score bomb a game, the joy we feel when we dump a 0/10 on a game on the basis of any whim we like. I do it all the time. However this expansion goes some way to extending the life and joy of WOW. It really is a breath of fresh air in a pretty stale, slowly sinking game. Dumbed down? Yep! Childish? Yep! Cutesy? Yep! Fun???? YEP! Truth be known the hard-core veterans of WOW with their unending sense of superiority have got to get over themselves. Maybe its time for you all to graduate to a 'serious MMO' like EVE, and let a new generation get their panda buzz for however long WOW stays afloat. The days of vanilla WOW have long passed, and this is almost different enough to be a totally different game. Assets and story are well constructed. Gameplay is enjoyable. Except for monthly fees this really is a game for kids these days. Time for the elitists to move on to fresh pastures. Expand
  5. Sep 26, 2012
    we are 2 days in. not sure how anyone can give a real score based on seeing a very small portion of what this expansion has to offer. I can say that I am writing this review as an actual owner and player of the game and MOP expansion and what I have seen so far is not bad. Quests have good stories. PVP is fantastic. Dungeons are fun not overly time consuming but still challengimg enough. Iwe are 2 days in. not sure how anyone can give a real score based on seeing a very small portion of what this expansion has to offer. I can say that I am writing this review as an actual owner and player of the game and MOP expansion and what I have seen so far is not bad. Quests have good stories. PVP is fantastic. Dungeons are fun not overly time consuming but still challengimg enough. I imagine challenge mode will broden that scope. Art design is very nice. So much more too experience but my early first 48 hr review says its way better that Cataclysm and I hope it does well. Happy gaming! Expand
  6. Sep 25, 2012
    sad part is most of these user reviews have to do with network issues, and not the game itself. and with the game barely out for 24 hours its safe to say most of them havent even reached half way thru the game or the zones. and dont even add in the heroics and raids ect. they fail to realize its not all about the lvling, part of it is but not all of it is. this will take time before itsad part is most of these user reviews have to do with network issues, and not the game itself. and with the game barely out for 24 hours its safe to say most of them havent even reached half way thru the game or the zones. and dont even add in the heroics and raids ect. they fail to realize its not all about the lvling, part of it is but not all of it is. this will take time before it evens out... i hope. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    I'd like to start off by saying that I've been playing since near launch with one break in late Vanilla. This is also coming from someone who generally disliked Cataclysm.

Mists of Pandaria (or "MoP" as I will be referring to it as such from now on) is very manipulative. Once you make it to max level, you are given a plethora of new options, but very few actually give you anything. With the exception of a single Scenario (the Arena one), the other Scenarios give you little to no rewards for your character (if you get really lucky, a crappy item). Dungeons (or rather Heroics) will get you gear and (very useless) Justice Points which will get you gear that's... under the Dungeon quality... Okay... You'll also get Valor Points... but you can't spend them until you do two+ weeks of daily quests with multiple factions.

Basically, your progression goes like this: Every day, you're intended to do all of the daily hubs (That is, about 5 of them, each taking anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes each) for 45 days (or 45 times). This is so you can spend your hard-earned Valor Points on higher gear as well as get some other rewards. In addition, you're intended to do Heroic Dungeons to gear alongside your time with dailies. When you're finally done with all of that (such as myself), you're just intended to raid and... not do much else. Similar to Cataclysm, but Cataclysm at least just went: Dungeons (or crafted) and JP Gear to Raiding, whereas MoP is: Dungeons, Crafted, JP, and Dailies (all alongside each other) to LFR to Raiding.

To any retro gamer out there reading this, Cataclysm is to Castlevania as MoP is to Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (except that Cataclysm was also terrible, unlike Castlevania, but in the gear progression sense, this analogy holds true).

In addition, Blizzard claims you have "choices" and "options". I've experienced both sides as I now have two level 90s, one of which (my main), I did all the dailies and did everything possible, and my alt, who is not doing the dailies. While both sides are terribly slow, the dailies character was much faster, but 10x more boring.

Aside from all of that, the ONLY reason I'm giving my review a 5 instead of a 1 or even a 0 is because of the raiding content and challenge dungeons. I won't lie, I've disliked and even hated raiding since Tier 9 (that is, Trial of the Crusader, the patch after Ulduar), but Tier 14 is actually quite superb for a very awful expansion. Even moreso, Challenge Dungeons are a fun rush that only offers vanity and aesthetically beautiful gear for overcoming difficult challenges with a group of friends/guildies/whatever.

While I still think MoP is doing very poor in its current state, it is by no means the worst expansion, as Cataclysm easily deserves that award (less choices, less stuff to do, awful raiding, awful EVERYTHING). I have hopes for the future, but they're very slim because if the fun raiding content stops, this will instantly turn into a 1 and a subscription cancellation, permanently.
  8. Nov 11, 2012
    After Cataclysm I was expecting more content and more "stuff". I knew from the start that this wasn't going to be a huge game changer but I waited with patience and eventually it came out. After about 2 months of gaming all I can say is this: it's not bad, although I can see why the players are angry about it and the reason is it has nothing really different than the other expansions. TheAfter Cataclysm I was expecting more content and more "stuff". I knew from the start that this wasn't going to be a huge game changer but I waited with patience and eventually it came out. After about 2 months of gaming all I can say is this: it's not bad, although I can see why the players are angry about it and the reason is it has nothing really different than the other expansions. The questing system, even if it's the exact same as the other expansions, has one major upgrade: they are almost all linked all at one and almost resembles a campaign (something that this game really should have). Apart from that, it's the same old stuff and even though I don't mind at all if quests are repetitive it's showing already how old the game is. The new areas are gorgeous and really shows that they are struggling to make the game still good to look at...but again it shows so hard that it's old and needs a new direction. However, the 2 newest additions are of course the pandarens and the monk class....now for the first one, I don't really like it, but it's very well done and even if people think they are fluffy and cute, which they are, they don't feel out of place at all and I really feel their problems and struggles while questing. The monk class can be considered a bit like a druid or a paladin because it can do all 3 roles (tank, dps, healer) and so far it's actually too good, so good that properly it's gonna need some fixing, but so far I do enjoy this new class and the only flaw is that the first levels are kinda hard due to a HUGE lack of damage (but luckily gets higher around level 15). Now, for the rest, I do have some complaints: the dungeons are very well done and bosses are greatly and nicely thought...but they are still easy and it's a shame that it doesn't get any more challenging. I haven't tried raids but the most I get from players is that they aren't hard and the heroics are not even hard, but actually even easier. At 90 also the game forces you to grind reputations in order to get a lot of your equipment, making the game based mostly on daily quests: this method seems like an excuse to make the gear grinding look harder, but it's only longer and really feels out of place, without mentioning that the levelling is extremely long to reach the cap. Overall, I do enjoy this game, probably more than most of other mmorpgs. I played and tried other online games, from Aion to guild wars 2, and somehow I still get back to this game and the reason is that it's still a very cured game and detailed. It has flaws and I'm gonna give this game a 6 mainly because it's not bad, but it's definitely meant for old fans of the series: they will gladly like the game and won't have real issues at all, but for those who are tired already...I highly suggest to skip it. All I can say is, I do hope for one more expansion, and then put an end to this game, because even though Blizzard is showing capabilities and knows how to improve some game content (and make some other worse), this game is unfortunely becoming too old and needs to end in glory. Not in shame. Expand
  9. Nov 6, 2013
    I believe it has come to a point where no expansion can satisfy me. I no longer play World of Warcraft for the content, but for the memories. The game has been a huge part of my life and to be honest, it's quite hard to let go. Many times I have cancelled my subscription only to subscribe yet again in less than a month, regardless of the fact that I log on to the game so rarely now.

As

As for this particular expansion, I must say I love the design and graphics behind it. They really surpassed their previous expansions in that regard. I absolutely loved exploring Pandaria and the Pandaren starting area. Had they allowed flying mounts in Pandaria right off the bat, I would've missed out on so much. The dungeons did not impress me, though they also had great design behind them. I believe this is because I have become too familiar with the game and lost any sense of adventure there used to be.

World of Warcraft is still, undeniably, the best MMORPG there is and I'm likely to continue buying future expansions to come, but the game will never feel the way it used to. But it's not Blizzard's fault, it's just the way things are.
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    It's too early to judge but I think this might be WoW's best expansion. New things I love: 1) CRZs (world pvp is back plus my medium pop server doesn't feel empty in low and mid level zones), 2) Pet battles! They make leveling in WoW more fun than it ever was. 3) The new talent system. For the first time I can actually pick the talents myself and not have to read a site to find the 1-2It's too early to judge but I think this might be WoW's best expansion. New things I love: 1) CRZs (world pvp is back plus my medium pop server doesn't feel empty in low and mid level zones), 2) Pet battles! They make leveling in WoW more fun than it ever was. 3) The new talent system. For the first time I can actually pick the talents myself and not have to read a site to find the 1-2 viable specs for my class. Some things I haven't tried yet: The monk (only level 15), Pandaria, raiding, new dungeons, bgs and arenas, PvP balance. I will probably edit this review in 2-3 months, but I had to counter all those negative reviews from GW2 fanboys and Blizz haters, because MoP doesn't deserve such a low score. (btw I played wotlk for 3 months and cata for 1 (I didn't like where WoW was heading in the last 4-5 years), I'm not even close to a wow fanboy) Expand
  11. Sep 30, 2012
    As I normally would not give it a positive feedback I can't say that I didn't like playing this expansion. I gave it a try, if you have doubts even a little of returning then don't do it and feel like you wasted time. Though I started a monk (human) and having my fun restarting the game, by playing at level one; cant' say it's not new to me but it's not automatic evil.

You can't

You can't really bash the game for making everything easy when we're the ones who yelled,cried and whined for it and they gave it to use so we kept asking now look how some of the new generation of MMO's are; so that obvious fact of socializing aside let's go to the other features. The pet battles is very much Pokemon you cant' deny that, but it is a fun little feature that you can actually lose yourself in. Level up a pet, capture new ones, challenge others it's a new fun feature for this game.

People complain of auto-easiness well they brought it about, so really people don't blame the game... blame yourselves for becoming so lazy.
  12. Jan 22, 2013
    Once again, I have to re-write my review, as I've had a lot more time in Mists of Pandaria and I really want it to be accurate. I've unsubscribed once again for the same reason I left Cataclysm. There's more to do, yes. They've made, uh, cooking more complex (annoyingly so) there's a lot of daily quests that up your secondary levels more quickly and...it's all just...WAY too easy. I justOnce again, I have to re-write my review, as I've had a lot more time in Mists of Pandaria and I really want it to be accurate. I've unsubscribed once again for the same reason I left Cataclysm. There's more to do, yes. They've made, uh, cooking more complex (annoyingly so) there's a lot of daily quests that up your secondary levels more quickly and...it's all just...WAY too easy. I just got bored. I'm not a big raid person, but I did run dungeons/heroics a lot and once you know the fights, it's easy. There's no challenge, so when you get a reward, it doesn't FEEL rewarding anymore. Blizzard's attempts to appeal to the mass market by taking the challenge out of the game has taken out what made it so addictive in the first place. Back in the day, it felt GOOD to get that rare drop or to down that horrid boss - now it's just grinding, and you could play this game on autopilot once you figure out the dungeon mechanics ("Don't stand in the fire, the black stuff or the AOEs!" LOL!). Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to do - but there's almost too much to do, and the majority of that is busy work and routine stuff (I don't give a crap about cooking - I mean, I like it, but it's not THAT important to me). It's become a monotonous, uninspired grind with a few new ideas here and there, usually lifted from other MMOs. There's nothing profoundly innovative about this game anymore, especially when compared to the next generation of MMOs that have come into the market that subscribe to the Free to Play model. As much as we'd like to say, "Guild Wars 2 is just another WoW clone!" it's not. Of course there are similarities - every developer (including Blizzard) lifts ideas off of others, especially when dealing in the same genre, but each new MMO that has come out has added innovative ideas and mechanics to the MMO genre - WoW has a few new things, but nothing all that original or exciting. I think we're seeing an end to sub-based MMOs. Though WoW is a behemoth in the industry and still has several years to go yet, it's an old model being propped up by consumers who are extremely loyal to their brand and very invested in their avatars, but that will only last so long before they get enticed by another. My hope is that they'll do what Guild Wars did and come out with a new WoW2 MMO with updated and innovative mechanics, gameplay and graphics, since they already have a huge fanbase for that franchise. As it stands, Blizzard developers seem to be half-heartedly copying innovations from next generation MMOs in order to extend its life (more cut scenes, AOE looting, and, rumour has it, jumping quests, since they're so popular in GW2). Let's face it though - new content for WoW has been coming out at a sluggish pace. Is Blizzard even trying anymore? It was a great game in its time and is still a GOOD game, but it's in decline, which is to be expected because it's an older game. Blizzard will probably lift innovations from these new MMOs for their new Titan MMO project and eventually dominate the market again, though if Diablo III is any indicator of what's to come, Blizzard is losing it's touch. Players get that gaming companies have to make money - but we are loyal to the ones who hide it with the smoke screen of great customer service and exciting features. As it stands now, the only thing that makes me THINK about going back to WoW on occasion isn't the phat loot or the dungeons - it's the in-game holidays, the few friends I have left in the game and a re-living of the great memories I had while playing. Whenever I've gone back in the past, it's just to be able to log in, say hi and putter around...I pay to visit - it's like taking a vacation to Azeroth - but I don't want to live there anymore. Expand
  13. Sep 30, 2012
    With every update and expansion of the series known as World of Warcraft, I have came to expect bugs and issues within the first days of its debut. Its been rumored that Blizzard will stop doing expansions, and do a proper World of Warcraft II, though this has been a rumor for years, Blizzard has not commented on this. First thing to know, when you play this, its not a walk in the park forWith every update and expansion of the series known as World of Warcraft, I have came to expect bugs and issues within the first days of its debut. Its been rumored that Blizzard will stop doing expansions, and do a proper World of Warcraft II, though this has been a rumor for years, Blizzard has not commented on this. First thing to know, when you play this, its not a walk in the park for beginning Pandarean (race of Pandas in the World of Warcraft) as it was for the Worgen nor the Goblins in Cataclysm expansion. Blizzard has heard the complaints from hardcore players, and have made it enjoyable to start out to play. I can't give it a high review, as this is one of the last bastion of pay for play (subscription based) and has been known for its release bugs even for a 6 month Beta test that many seem to be readily observed months before the final product is made available. But, for its faults, and for the hardcore players, this is an expansion to purchase, and play as a Panda Monk (or even a Rogue!!) Expand
  14. Nov 4, 2012
    I was hoping that the addition of a new race and class would overcome the boredom of doing endless pointless quests like 'retrieve 5 bits of magic wood', but unfortunately it's still as boring as ever. I was a fan of WOW to begin with, and I got sick of it after playing it for 6 months to a year. The graphics in MoP are quite pretty, the addition of the Asian elements and the atmosphere isI was hoping that the addition of a new race and class would overcome the boredom of doing endless pointless quests like 'retrieve 5 bits of magic wood', but unfortunately it's still as boring as ever. I was a fan of WOW to begin with, and I got sick of it after playing it for 6 months to a year. The graphics in MoP are quite pretty, the addition of the Asian elements and the atmosphere is what the rating of 5 is for, but it does not improve the game. Expand
  15. Mar 7, 2013
    Questing: generally good, great quests, great history.

Dungeons and Raid: -Heroics: not hard mechanics. -Challenge modes: they should be the heroic mode of the dungeons. -Raid: you can see all the raiding content via LFR, this is a great tool if you don't have the time to be in a dedicated raiding guild. PVP: I don't like the pvp style of WoW at all so nothing to say here. If
    Questing: generally good, great quests, great history.

Dungeons and Raid: -Heroics: not hard mechanics.
    -Challenge modes: they should be the heroic mode of the dungeons.

PVP: I don't like the pvp style of WoW at all so nothing to say here.

If you leave this game after Cata, you shouldn't come back yet this isn't the expansion you are looking for.
  16. Sep 30, 2012
    What I am about to write is not a review of the game. Rather, it is a statement of the trends that I have noticed between gamers and their opinions of WoW. Take a minute, and look objectively at this game, and you'll see why all of your criticisms are not valid.

"It's too easy/casual." Blizzard heard this at the beginning of Cataclysm, and tried to make the game a little harder. The result? Look at this page: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469. Yes, at one time, people thought heroic dungeons in this game were TOO HARD, just because they had to use a little strategy and think before mashing buttons. So they water it down, and now people claim it's too easy. What the hell do you guys want? Furthermore, if a lack of difficulty is your primary concern, why did you even play WoW to begin with? There are many more games out there that offer more challenge than WoW ever did. Try learning to play Starcraft at a high level. Or...if you want an extreme, serious challenge, look beyond games. Try mastering guitar. Go study quantum physics. Try curing cancer. Any one of those would be infinitely more challenging than anything WoW will ever throw at you.

"Too much grinding/repetition." Hah. Haha. HAHAHAHAAHA. Vanilla WoW did not have so much grinding? Do you even remember farming for the epic paladin mount or warlock mount? Do you remember when grinding mobs was actually comparable to leveling by questing? Do you remember when it took 7-9 days /played to get from level 1 to level 60, and that was considered fairly fast? Do you remember trying to level BLACKSMITHING? Do you remember having to run all the way across the entire freaking world map to get to Scarlet Monastery ON FOOT, if you were Alliance? How about sitting around and patiently waiting for your 40-man raid to form? And you are trying to say that the current expansions are more repetitive than vanilla?? GTFO!

"There's nothing new in this expansion." This might actually be the most valid statement that's commonly made, but it's still not a good stance to argue why vanilla WoW is superior to the expansions. Of course there is going to be more of the same, that's why they call it an EXPANSION. If you want something different, go play something that doesn't have the name "World of Warcraft" tagged onto it. From what I've seen, Blizzard has actually thrown in a lot of new content in each expansion, by revamping classes, adding new classes, new skills, new bosses, etc. Yes, the core gameplay has to stay the same, because if it were not, it would not be an EXPANSION, it would instead be a SEQUEL or a completely different game. Therefore, this is not a good reason to criticize an EXPANSION.

"This game is so imbalanced now." It was NEVER balanced. Shamans in vanilla WoW. Enough said. Go YouTube some old videos if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Overall, I feel that people just don't realize they have their rose-tinted glasses on when they are reviewing expansions. In my opinion, people don't voluntarily put in hours, days, or even years of their lives on a video game unless they are seeking a sense of accomplishment. Playing Vanilla WoW may have given that sense of accomplishment, that adrenaline rush that we are desperately seeking with each purchase of the newest expansion. As far as I can tell, there are two main components to feeling a sense of accomplishment. The first is that the challenge must be *seen* as something great, something WORTH DOING. This feeling of creating a great challenge worth doing is something that MMO's are good at facilitating, because you are thrown into a community of many other people trying to complete the same objectives. This alone makes the challenge appear that much greater and worth doing. Think about it; would you feel better about killing a tough boss in some old single-player game nobody cares about, or killing a boss in WoW that so many others have tried before you and failed? If you are getting older and have more responsibilities, this becomes diminished, because you simply do not care about completing the challenge as much as you once did. The second component of the sense of accomplishment is that it must be something that you have not done before. When you first figured out how to ride a bike, it might have been big for you. But now, you've done it so many times that you don't really care anymore. And I believe that is what is causing the so-called "downfall" of WoW - the fact that it's just an old game that people have been playing for years.

If you read all this, good job, because I really didn't think you would have had the attention span to do it. But TLDR: You've been playing the same game for so many years for so many hours, so it's no wonder that you don't enjoy it anymore. Stop buying WoW expansions, because no matter what Blizzard does, you won't be happy.
  17. Oct 8, 2012
    Blizzard has become a complete sell-out. The brand name is more than enough to make 1 million+ people purchase their games, so they can make ANYTHING and people will buy it. FYI Blizzard is owned by a French company now, and many, if not most of the people who were originally with the company have quit and formed their own companies... Wake up, smell the roses, "Blizzard" as we knew itBlizzard has become a complete sell-out. The brand name is more than enough to make 1 million+ people purchase their games, so they can make ANYTHING and people will buy it. FYI Blizzard is owned by a French company now, and many, if not most of the people who were originally with the company have quit and formed their own companies... Wake up, smell the roses, "Blizzard" as we knew it is no more, rather it is a shell of its former self. If you don't believe me, do some research on Google.... Expand
  18. Sep 30, 2012
    This is going to be more of a first impression than a full out review, and so I'm just going to touch on a few points which I think are helpful.
    1) Graphics and Aesthetics: This is one of the high points for the Pandaria expansion, and the overall feel of Pandaria (graphically and musically) is a needed breath of fresh air. We are introduced to a completely new southern continent whose existence was hinted at as far back as WC3. The oriental theme of the expansion is interesting, although it remains to be seen if the setting can hold its own for a long period of time as opposed to being a "flavor of the day" sort of thing. 2) Story: The alliance introduction to Pandaria involving Varian Wrynne provides both a strong sense of purpose for the alliance and provides motivation for Varian's expedition into the mists. The horde on the other hand is given a mindless, hate filled sock puppet in the form of Garrosh Hellscream. To call Garrosh a character would be giving Blizzard too much credit, since the opening cutscene for the horde provides no insight into Garrosh's genocidal hatred for the alliance. Unlike Varian, whose reason for entering the mists is something that can be sympathized with (even if we disprove of some of his methods), there is simply no sympathizing or liking Garrosh even when looking into the material from previous expansions. A huge gaping hole exists where the reasons for Garrosh's behavior should be, and the idea that such a non-character will be the big bad of the expansion, putting him on par with Arthas or Illidan, is maddening. 3) New Race and Game Mechanics: The removal of the talent system has caused something of a firestorm within the community, but its results are obvious and positive. Game balance is easier to achieve with the simplified system, and it is far easier to figure out what talent choices benefit a character the most given a particular play style than in previous expansions. It should be noted that the Pandaran race feels somewhat novel (for lack of a better term). Unlike previous expansions that introduced new races, they are not firmly entrenched into either the alliance or the horde, and this contributes to a feeling of disconnect with the player's chosen faction. The animations and voice acting for the Pandarans, as well as their aesthetics, are quite appealing to those who wish to play a more comical character than something serious. The monk class feels something like a rogue if the rogue were given the ability to spam attacks more often and traded stealth for increased mobility. Its flexibility is far greater than a rogue, however, as a player could be a healer or tank. 4) Minor complaints: If I were to rate this expansion only on the new content, it would be an 8 or 9 out of 10. However, as a veteran player, it is impossible to ignore the fact that in order to experience all the new content of the expansion, one will have to first go through all the old content from previous expansions, including the nefarious Cataclysm expansion. There is a quality in voice acting and pacing that is lacking in the previous expansions, and it is noticeable when moving from the Pandaran starting zone into the reformed continents of Cataclysm. Again, I am not judging Pandaria by what happened in Cataclysm, but the fact that players must tread 70 or so levels of content they have probably done multiple times on different characters drags down the fun tremendously. My first impressions verdict is thus a 6 out of 10. The content is good, its just unfortunate you must fight through so much land already (very thoroughly) traveled in order to get to it.
  19. Oct 10, 2012
    I thought it was pretty good. I have no idea how they expect this to last them for the next two years, as it didn't even attempt to re-invent the genre on any level. I'll play it as a single player experience for a month and then move on to something else, but if you see it from that perspective, it's good for a month I suppose. Great art, story, music, etc. Nothing wrong there. JustI thought it was pretty good. I have no idea how they expect this to last them for the next two years, as it didn't even attempt to re-invent the genre on any level. I'll play it as a single player experience for a month and then move on to something else, but if you see it from that perspective, it's good for a month I suppose. Great art, story, music, etc. Nothing wrong there. Just the overall design and direction on this MMO needs to reach some kind of paradigm shift and I'm not seeing it showing any signs of going there any time soon. Expand
  20. Dec 10, 2012
    Quite easily the poorest expansion to date. Comparing this to the original game makes you realise the massive changes made, and how easy this now is. Simply put Blizzard is now catering to the lowest common denominator and it really impacts the game.

Still has its moments but how the mighty have fallen.
  21. Jan 30, 2014
    There is so much to be said about this expansion, for better or for worse. For me, there are things I like, but more things I can't stand. The pet battles put me off at first, but it turned out to be a fun diversion.

Things I didn't like...the horribly dumbed-down talent system. The new quests. All of Pandaria. Pandas. The massive scale of grinding. Having things to do is good, but come on. Having a couple of big daily quest hubs with their own faction is nice. But I don't need a rep grind to unlock more quests to unlock more dailies to rep up to unlock another faction to rep up to get more dailies. Optional stuff like the Agent Tournament in WOTLK or Firelands dailies from Cataclysm give you a diversion for about an hour a day. Finish up your quests, then move on to something else. With MoP, doing all of the dailies to rep up with factions is hours of monotonous garbage. The dungeons are so easy that very little proficiency is required to get through and win loot. They took an already easy raiding system from Cataclysm and made it even MORE easy due to people whining. It made me ask why I even bothered. Why play a game when the most interesting aspects for me were soloing old raids and hunting rare pets? When pet battle dailies are more entertaining than the rep grind dailies, what else can you say than: design problems.

One of the biggest problems with this expansion is what drew the most ire from veterans. The downright silliness and cringeworthy bubblegum pop feeling of the quest, characters, and continent in this expansion. The game has never been too serious to begin with, but some parts of it did have some dark undertones that created a unique experience. There were pop culture references, but they were scattered about. Now, they are constantly rammed in your face.

It takes a lot for me to roll my eyes and groan at how bad something is, and there were way too many of those moments leveling in Pandaria. Some of the quests and characters are so over-the-top that things meant to be mildly amusing make you want to laugh out loud, and not in a good way.

Cataclysm was not a great expansion. But it was still better than MoP. Some of these problems started showing up in Cataclysm, but at least the game still somewhat felt like Warcraft. Everything about Pandaria feels completely out of place. I still shake my head unable to comprehend how turning an old April Fool's joke into a full expansion to the biggest MMO that exists seemed like a good idea. Maybe I should have expected this, given how badly Diablo 3 and Cataclysm turned out.
  22. Oct 1, 2012
    A lot of negativity over this one. But mostly mixed feelings about the dumbing down of the skillsystem and the whole pokemon thing. Did WoW need Panda's and Pokemons? What has WarCraft come to? Is this the future of WoW? I can imagine a lot of older players turning their backs on WoW over what is undeniably the most kiddie-oriented expansion thus far. Poor veterans, what cards have youA lot of negativity over this one. But mostly mixed feelings about the dumbing down of the skillsystem and the whole pokemon thing. Did WoW need Panda's and Pokemons? What has WarCraft come to? Is this the future of WoW? I can imagine a lot of older players turning their backs on WoW over what is undeniably the most kiddie-oriented expansion thus far. Poor veterans, what cards have you been dealt this time? Expand
  23. Dec 17, 2012
    Now -desperately- I need to admit the fact that World of Warcraft is dead. If I was a new player starting to play WoW with the release of MoP, I can give it 10! Because it is still way better than any other MMO in the market. But because I am a WoW player since it first released in 2004; I have disappointed to see the point where WoW had come to. WoW had lived its golden age with WotLK,Now -desperately- I need to admit the fact that World of Warcraft is dead. If I was a new player starting to play WoW with the release of MoP, I can give it 10! Because it is still way better than any other MMO in the market. But because I am a WoW player since it first released in 2004; I have disappointed to see the point where WoW had come to. WoW had lived its golden age with WotLK, seriously. Now It is very very easy, you can grind up to 90 without even dying once; all dungeons can be completed within 15-20 minutes, crossrealm had killed sociality, friendship and talking to and knowing each other... Old WoW had wonderful battlefields, extremely hard dungeons, gears that you need to play a year to make etc. If you are an old player, this is not a WoW anymore; If you are not, you should still play WoW if you want to start an MMO. Expand
  24. Apr 3, 2013
    IMO this is the worst expansion to date (yes, even worse than Cataclysm) and it has finally driven me to quit, probably for good. If you look at my Cata review which was written some time ago, I had complaints about how quickly it was possible to get geared via dungeons and LFR. I guess Greg Street saw that review and decided to make it more difficult to get VP (Valor Point) capped. ForIMO this is the worst expansion to date (yes, even worse than Cataclysm) and it has finally driven me to quit, probably for good. If you look at my Cata review which was written some time ago, I had complaints about how quickly it was possible to get geared via dungeons and LFR. I guess Greg Street saw that review and decided to make it more difficult to get VP (Valor Point) capped. For that reason I'm not giving a review score under 5. I think the idea was great, but not the implementation. For starters, they've gated Valor gear behind a bunch of boring, dull, overdone dailies. Pretty much the best in slot gear for non-raiders is behind daily quests. If you're not a raider, it's pretty much do your dailies or die. People would say, "dailies are optional, because you can go straight from dungeons to LFR (Looking For Raid)." Well, sure, except that the gear behind dailies is *still* better than gear from LFR, and the easy-mode LFR is stil more difficult than the daily quests. Someone please tell me how that makes sense, please? Okay so that is not the only problem, the dungeons are still faceroll easy, scenarios provide little to no reward (and they want to push more of those out...good idea. Not.), the community is getting worse overtime with little moderation from the Blizzard GM team and raids are as unimaginative as ever. My biggest pet peeve is the whole Asian themed expansion. Now, I am not racist by any means, but I also have very little interest in Asian culture or scenery. Everywhere in Pandaria is Asian music, Asian art, and the game even has a Great Wall like China does. What is Asia doing in my fantasy game? Anyway, if you're new to the game and haven't played WoW pre-Cata, then by all means, try the game. However, if you remember the good old days, stay away from this like the plague. Expand
  25. Mar 29, 2013
    If you liked WoW at all you gonna like this. As myself I really enjoyed first month of play this ChinaJapaneese land, music, style. New levels, new quests, new raid I didnt feel disappointed spent 40 euros or smth (I dont remember price). But it is the same WoW fat, old, grindish, and incredibly simple. If you have already left this game I give you good advice dont make mistake byIf you liked WoW at all you gonna like this. As myself I really enjoyed first month of play this ChinaJapaneese land, music, style. New levels, new quests, new raid I didnt feel disappointed spent 40 euros or smth (I dont remember price). But it is the same WoW fat, old, grindish, and incredibly simple. If you have already left this game I give you good advice dont make mistake by turning back in MoP. Expand
  26. Dec 25, 2012
    Been playing WoW since May 2005 and have seen all the contents but canceled sub some time after Cataclysm, killing Arthas just brought us a new game but I kept playing out of addition and the fact all other MMORPG games I tried failed to keep me hooked more than couple of months. MoP brought some interesting features and some original quests and updated a lot of the contents, but in theBeen playing WoW since May 2005 and have seen all the contents but canceled sub some time after Cataclysm, killing Arthas just brought us a new game but I kept playing out of addition and the fact all other MMORPG games I tried failed to keep me hooked more than couple of months. MoP brought some interesting features and some original quests and updated a lot of the contents, but in the heart of it it is just an update, it is fun but the fun margin drops fairly quickly. Sadly I canceled my sub , I felt like I have finished the MoP game. Expand
  27. Dec 20, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria is (IMO) the best WoW expansion yet. While the voice-actors are really the famous ones (I believe they're the Blizz staff or something of that sort) its still not that bad. The graphics are better than what they used to be and Pandaria is simply beautiful. While the skill cap of the game has definitley taken a nose-dive over the years, the game is still full of content;Mists of Pandaria is (IMO) the best WoW expansion yet. While the voice-actors are really the famous ones (I believe they're the Blizz staff or something of that sort) its still not that bad. The graphics are better than what they used to be and Pandaria is simply beautiful. While the skill cap of the game has definitley taken a nose-dive over the years, the game is still full of content; even at this moment they are creating new raids and scenarios to release. The simplistic talents aren't actually that bad, in fact they're sort of fun to toy around with: like Warlocks being able to cast and move at 90! That was a lot of fun to toy with. There are still some issues floating around in Azeroth's atmosphere that can mostly be resolved, but Blizzard has some (I mean SOME) of the absolute WORST GMs out there; there some really hospitable ones but some are just straight up copy/paste **** (pardon my french). The new account-wide mounts and pets was a really great addition to the game and saves grinding reputation to get some of those awesome looking mounts and pets. PvP still has some issues, but every class IS killable. MoP has introduced a load of new crowd controls that have just blown the balance in PvP into smithereens. IMO Fire and Arcane mages do not need Deep Freeze, and blanket silences (silences that don't have to be used during a cast time to interrupt the player) should be removed from the game entirely. This would add a little bit more skill to PvP, and balance. The dungeons are still one of my favorite things in WoW, the boss fights have always been my favorite. The gear for both PvP and PvE looks awesome; from Sha-touched gear to Asian-style gladiator gear, MoP definitley brings some of those moments where you just look at someones gear for minutes and marvel at the detail. The new Cloud Serpent mounts are stunning. Players say "Its just like Netherwing with a different name." However, the grind for rep is not all that long and takes just about 1 1/2 weeks or longer (longer if you don't have professions). You get to select an egg and raise it from a hatchling to a full-fledge Cloud Serpent, the color of the egg determines the color of the serpent: you choose from Jade, Gold, or Azure (each color has its compliment which adds to the attractiveness of the mounts themselves.) The quests in Pandaria are very rewarding, they include spec/class specific items that are usefl to your character instead of the choose-from-three-useless-items that were in Cata and Pre-Cata. After following a large quest chain, your toon gets a quest that rewards a decent blue (almost as good as that from a dungeon of your level) which was also a great addition in this expansion. The quests and transitions to the zone are very fluent and follow the storyline quite well; both factions start in the Jade Forest (home of the great Jade Serpent, Yu'lon) who's conflicts brings the uprising of the Sha (an ancient evil that has been housed in Pandaria for thousands of years; physical manifestations of negative emotions) that periodically claim NPCs and transform them into the very emotions that consumed them. Pandaria has some really interesting lore and myths thate spellbind even those not really interested in them. The Sha of Anger (a local 25-man raid boss that spawns in Kun'lai Summit) is a huge challenge, and on PvP servers brings some World PvP when both the Alliance and Horde attempt to take it on at the same time. All in all, MoP is a great expansion; WoW itself is NOT focused on the leveling of a character, but the content in the end-game (which is what most people misunderstand). This can be off-putting, but very rewarding. MoP brings in a wave of new things, but there are still some issues Blizzard has yet to fix, which can be the ultimate deciding factor of whether or not to buy this expansion. *****To some of you 0's out there, your posts are NOT reveiws, in fact they're trash. Those are just not even worthy of reading, they're just personal opinions that offer no information about the game at all.***** Another note: The spawns of quest mobs is less than 2 minutes and are bountiful. MoP has had the smoothest launch out of all the expansions. Cinematics are also less than 4 minutes in length, which isn't that terrible. Expand
  28. Mar 4, 2013
    At the start of the xpac Mists is fun and interesting. Some of the quest to zone lay out could have been better and the WoW team has done better in the past. After you reach level cap the daily quest grind sucks and the end game is more of the same only not as good. Populations have dropped sharply on WoW making it less fun to play. The new system of ability points leaves much to beAt the start of the xpac Mists is fun and interesting. Some of the quest to zone lay out could have been better and the WoW team has done better in the past. After you reach level cap the daily quest grind sucks and the end game is more of the same only not as good. Populations have dropped sharply on WoW making it less fun to play. The new system of ability points leaves much to be desired. All classes are now basically cook cutter. This is something new to WoW and a very bad idea on Blizzard/Activision's part. Nothing really either newer, funner, or better in this xpac, just more of the same only worse. With the dated platform, no free to play option, and lowering population which may soon lead into a death spiral. Is the xpac bad, no just average but like Bioware trashing Dragon Age 1 with DA2, Activision is killing WoW with this xpac. only time will tell if they can save it or it is too late. Expand
  29. Jun 23, 2013
    I been playing wow since burning crusade but now I see what people are saying wow is just starting to get old for grinding.

The good well the world of Pandaria looks beautiful, the idea of scenarios is a good idea, more content to the game was added and still it holds up for PVP. The bad well the leveling feels more like a chore, getting good gear in raids sucks, and it was hard

The bad well the leveling feels more like a chore, getting good gear in raids sucks, and it was hard enough to get all the reputations in all of the different things.
  30. Sep 14, 2013
    its ok but it is over priced. i really hope that the next patch will include more races and more classes. it would also be cool if mor races were able to chose the if they would like to switch factions later on in the game. i also would really like if there would be more choices of faces, hair and all that stuff.
  31. Oct 27, 2013
    Mists of Pandaria continues what has been bothering me for awhile--the dumbing-down of WoW while I'm aware that WoW has its share of pre-teen players, have people REALLY complained that much about running out of arrows/ammo and/or a pet who's fractious because you forgot to FEED it I think these little things teach valuable lessons--like Be Prepared !
    I can't really complain about the
    I can't really complain about the Panda-oids--after all they have Orcs and Cow-People in WoW. the Pandaren landscape was nicely done, and the martial-arts component as well.
    But--Wow has lost me because the game has just been dumbed-down too much. It's sad because I spent many a night skulking around--as either a Rogue or a Druid in cat-form. Fun times.
  32. Jun 22, 2014
    I really hated panda/asia theme, but I suppose that subjective. When I saw huge rabbits and carrots I wanted to puke and asked myself if this maybe is korean mmo?

Besides that I missed lack of end-game 5-mans (I played from 5.2+), PvP got neglected as usual by Blizzard (so much potential wasted...), island-zones were nice as expected (TBC players remember), LFR was nice (until introduction of Flex).

Blizzard of course as usual mismanaged content updates and soon we will have one year of 5.4 path which I find unacceptable in monthly fee game - but if people pay then I do not blame them for that.

Let's hope WoD will return this game closer to golden era (TBC/WOTLK).
  33. Oct 15, 2014
    People hate this expansion too much while I admit its not the best it diffidently does not deserve this.

Issue one people have is talents. Talents are a lot better now back in BC and Wrath people just copied talents so each class had the same setup now each class has to change there talents depending on the boss. Its too easy outside of PTR the normal and heroics have a low

Issue one people have is talents.

Its too easy outside of PTR the normal and heroics have a low completion rate.

Now here are justified complaints

Lore there is none its all made up outside stormstout
    Raids are range friendly and leave melee out in the cold.
    raids are forgettable for the most part.

its not the best expansion hell its probably last on my list but its not TERRIBLE!
  34. Sep 25, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria - approved for ages Age 4+
    Mists of Pandaria - approved for ages Age 4+
    Save your money! It's almost like the business model for this expansion and WOW is the same as the big tobacco companies. The whole point of this expansion is to bring in really young players to try and replace the older player base. There is nothing new with the game. The first quest I did I flew in a copter and had to kill 60 mobs....but there was only one option. Press the number one every 4 seconds while the thing drove itself. No other choices to make but repeatedly pressing the number 1 for 10 minutes. It was clearly designed for a little kid. This is really sad too. Having been a Warcraft player since Orcs and Humans in the 90's I got this out of almost pure habit. I should have saved my money. Not worth $15 a month. This game barely could hold its own in the Free to Play category. It was a good run. RIP WOW :(

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]