4.7

1. Sep 29, 2012
    Ok, I have to admit, I hated the game on day one, but that was because of technical problems that appear to have been resolved. I have played through all the zones and leveled from 85-90 and it's actually the best leveling experience in the franchise. Fun, not too hard, and full of stories. It's not that I like easy games, but the challenges come from end game pvp and pve content, andOk, I have to admit, I hated the game on day one, but that was because of technical problems that appear to have been resolved. I have played through all the zones and leveled from 85-90 and it's actually the best leveling experience in the franchise. Fun, not too hard, and full of stories. It's not that I like easy games, but the challenges come from end game pvp and pve content, and complicated quests that make you 5 minutes running from one end of the map to the other are just not compelling gameplay, regardless of the game. I hate it when it happens in GTA, and I hate it in MMO's. Expand
  2. Sep 30, 2012
    Not sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of theseNot sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of these naysayers here have barely even played through the quests or dungeons, if at all. Typical Blizzard haters. Expand
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made,I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made, they however a bit simple to play, but never the less i find them the most fun and innovated. Although i told myself i would never but another blizzard product after Diablo 3, i am actually enjoying MoP very much. Expand
  4. Sep 25, 2012

This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Don't get me wrong, some of the quests are great, but you can definitely tell when a quest was phoned in.

The dungeons are short and to the point. This may please some, although I did find myself pausing after completing my first few dungeons and going: "that's it?" They're been streamlined for the new challenge modes and it shows. The new class talent system is a step up from the previous talent trees, although it does seem to lack the depth that it previously had. Despite the claims of the developers, there are clear winners in most categories for the talent you want to take. Unfortunately, there are also useless talents that you instantly know will be useless in the vast majority of situations. It's a good thought, but there's still plenty of work to be done.

Its buggy introduction quests are not a reason to dock an entire point as it's not a game stopper, but it could definitely have been handled better. I'm not sure how the main intro quests still had issues upon launch after the extensive beta testing this game received.

The expansion will unfortunately be remembered for its shaky quest start if they don't fix that very, very soon. There are also issues that will manifest themselves during leveling such as some class healing specs not having essential leveling abilities such as AoE.

TLDR: If you liked Wrath of the Lich King, you'll probably like this expansion. It's not perfect, but it's a step up in game quality overall.
  5. Sep 26, 2012
    3.x User score...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is 100 negatives. Yep 100 and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing.

About MoP. best content of WoW, World pvp are back, Pandaria is great place and Pandares are awesome, they story, voices and problems ROCKS for me. I hope Blizz still follow this way and don't do another mistake like Cataclysm. For the Horde!
  6. Sep 26, 2012
    Very fun expansion to an already legendary game. It's definitely worth it to play as a Panda, questing can be the same old same old at times, but it's still worth it to play. I love it!
  7. Sep 26, 2012
    Not sure why all the bad reviews, loads more areas to explore, battle pets are a great idea. Same with cross realm play. Give it a chance, there are always bugs with new games/expansions. Loving my new Panda - highly recommend!!
  8. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if youIts the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if you were burnt out of WoW. I vowed never to return but im having so much fun I dont regret it one bit. MUST PLAY! Expand
  9. Sep 26, 2012
    It is worth noting that the majority of negative or zero reviews are clearly (and at times admittedly) made by people who stopped playing WoW a while ago.

From those who have actually played Mists, the reviews are very positive. This was the smoothest launch of any MMO or expansion that I have ever seen. The artwork is beautiful - some of Blizzard's best - and the graphics engine continues to be updated with new lighting effects, full DirectX 11 support, and now a native 64-bit client.

Mists adds many new features and systems to the game, including a new race, a new class, the simple-but-addictive Pet Battle system, a new form of Lore discovery, accountwide achievements and mounts, revised PvP systems and mechanics, completely revised specialization and talent systems, and more. It also introduces a ton of new content on top of all these systems-level improvements.

There is no other MMO on the market that can go toe-to-toe with WoW in terms of the single player questing experience or the competitive endgame PvE experience (raiding). Mists reaffirms WoW's dominance in these areas. I wish Blizzard would pay more attention to the PvP side of the game, and that remains my biggest gripe with the product. Damage remains too bursty, crowd control too oppressive, and composition too determinative.

I think anyone would enjoy Mists. But I can especially say that anyone who has ever enjoyed WoW would love Mists. This expansion is a sort of renaissance for the game, and I believe fans will look back years from now and say that Mists was WoW's finest expansion, finally beating out Burning Crusade in fans' hearts and minds.
  10. Sep 26, 2012
    I've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to betterI've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to better optimize and balance classes. Pandaria is by far the most beautifully crafted continent and is so brilliant that the rest of Azeroth seems dated. You can tell that Blizzard developers have truly listened to the majority of their player base and worked hard to improve upon past miss-steps. Expand
  11. Sep 26, 2012
    I'm really enjoying it so far. I wonder if all the negative reviews have played it at all. I don't mind the graphics being a little lower-quality than the nicest-looking games out there. The graphics are still nice if you have them on the highest settings, and it's easier to play this game on an older machine because it does not have insane minimum requirements.

Another solid game

Another solid game .Battle pets are fun, guild experience comes more easily.
  12. Sep 26, 2012
    I've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't reallyI've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't really get why people are bashing the "cartoonish" style graphics....that is Warcraft identity, hating on Panda's? so much for playing Gnomes, talking cows, and space aliens with beard tentacles.....i was skeptical at first if this was a reason for me to subbing again, i tried it out, and enjoyed it. And to the people that say its simplified....have you ever tried it long enough?.......i should know, i've seen the changes to the talent system since Vanilla, though "simplified" or "dumbed down" as you people might seem it be, i think it's the closest thing to being able to be diverse as the hybrid talent system ways it has been since vanilla, they removed the "cookie cutter" talent mold that most of us just copy and paste, i do agree that the same old grind is still there, i used to be a hard core raider back in vanilla and bc, i started to be more of a casual in Wrath and Cata, not the biggest fan of Blizz mechanics, and most of the time i am part of the /ragequit guild like most of the lost subs....but like i said, playing that first 6-8 hours was refreshing and i am somewhat positive that i will be able to enjoy this game again. Expand
  13. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have vexed that so many people seem to judge this game on the first day of the release, while not only it is impossible for them to have viewed all the content that is to be seen, but also, never actually bring up in details the game's changes from its previous releases. I myself neither have however managed to see all of the content, but I will give my review based on first impressions of the game and try to avoid the hateful hivemind that seems to be omnious amongst the user reviews of this game.

First of all, let's take a look at the changes in abilities: A lot of people complain about losing their talent trees, but personally, I find it much more convenient. Lets face it, there never was any freedom with it anyway, everyone used a base set and built upon it. No creativity, everyone was the exact same. Taking away the old talent system is a good grief, whilst the new talents now give you freedom as they are all viable and all have their own amount of helpfulness. This gives people the oportunity to have a gameplay that is more like "them", and the new rotations are refreshing. Whilst some got a little stern (Such as Arms warrior, but this is based on a personal opinion), some other however seem to have gotten viable, while they used to be simply useless. For instance, Fury warriors were often laughably slow and rage starved, while now, they have less rage issue than arm warriors and are fast (And very fun!). The addition of a new class is always refreshing, but of course, there will always be unsatisfied people. The only thing I however have to complain about in terms of abilities are the power of healing. While level capped people don't seem to have a problem with it, level 85 healing is crazy and makes PVP against hybrids (I'm talking about DPSes with the ability to use healer spells, like a shadowpriest or a boomkin) very unfair. This was something mostly notable since patch 5 before MoP's actual release.

Now, let's move on to the quests and storyline. We're not talking about a huge, revolutionary and amazing questline, but it's a good and refreshing change of pace. For two expensions in a row we've been stuck with an end of the world scenario and a big villain that must be killed, or otherwise he will destroy the world (Deathwing, Lich King). This got pretty stern, and it didn't feel like the story was moving alot, altough Cataclysm's story DOES have a very important change that effects Mists: Garrosh becoming leader.

In the mists, the alliance and the horde keep their old battle against eachother, nothing unusual. But then the island is discovered, with a neutral faction upon it, and another threat; when war is brought upon Pandaria, hatred becomes corruption. It makes you think, is this fight between the alliance and the horde even worth it anymore? Is it even right? But it's hard to hold back as both faction have an extremely different approach on Pandaria. The alliance seems to try to stay as pacific as possible towards the Pandaren, with Anduin going on his own to help the people, while Garrosh, on his side, is REALLY pushing it, almost coming in as a tyrant to the horde (this is specifically felt when speaking to Paw'Don NPCs, as alliance).

That said, it's a nice change of pace from the "End of the world coming, big bad guy, must kill him" scenario. It instead makes you think about the fight between the horde and the alliance, the reasons behind it, and its consequences. It makes the whole PVP deal a lot more immersive.

Speaking of immersion, pandaria does that very well. All the zones are beautiful and unique, they're nothing like the rest of the world, and that's a breath of fresh air. The oriental mood is gorgeously executed and the music is (FINALLY) exploited to add to the mood and feeling of the game. The major NPCs (Such as the SI:7 agents) all have their own voices, and thus, feel like they're actually characters, and not just a generic person you will only meet once in the game to then forget about them forever. They feel important, and even charismatic on top of it.

The armors also have a great look. The purchasable armor gives people who have rushed their toons to 85 before the release a mean of having a good questing set, and avoids you from getting the old "Outlands clown armor" issue.

In many ways, the Mists of Pandaria are a great change of pace from Cataclysm. Some aspects of the game have been made more accessible and more enjoyable for all, while at the same, more chalenging content remains available (Such as Challenge mode, which is probably going to make PVE more intense that it ever was). The new areas have a unique feeling to them, the story makes MoP stand out of the previous expacs, and the list of goodies goes on, and this is just from a few hours of gameplay.
  14. Sep 26, 2012
    This is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck inThis is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck in the old WoW ways that they can't even adapt to a newer, better version. Learn to accept change, people. You and your community make me ashamed to be a gamer. Expand
  15. Nov 6, 2012
    The scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo theThe scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo the xpax, so far in pandaria i already have 5 days, it is incredible, you owe it to yourself to try it, whether you are a fan of WoW or not, the game is not childish, all the quests are dark and murderous, just how we like them Expand
  16. Sep 25, 2012
    So far, less than 12 hours after launch its too early to give a representative score. I wouldnt read too much into the scored given, check the history and you will see they post 10 for guild wars 2 which means ofcourse they are going to give a 0 to MOP.

The release could of gone better for sure, but every single MMO can say they same, they all have problems to start with. This part did frustrate me, especially with Blizzard promising the most bug free launch ever. They simply didnt deliver on that.

In terms of content, I am really pleased with what I have seen, the Monk class is great fun, the Panda race add an interesting element, and the impacts of Horde V Alliance ultimatly disrupting the natural balance of the area really is an interesting concept, which so far has worked really well.

For me so far the best parts have been 3 fold: Talent trees, the direction blizzard has gone is the future. Cookie cutter doesnt give choice, as everyone picks the same, so really there is no choice. With the new talent trees the choices are real and there isnt any right or wrong answer only your own play style.

Secondly Challange mode. I am really excited about speed runs, we used to do something similar inguild with 2 10 man raid groups forming at the same time competing to who would finish first. This gives it an upgrade and gives standard gear for everyone.

Scenarios. This element adds group questing as well as allowing for standard queueing, working towards common goals. I think wow players dont want to work with people becide them by default. I curse the screen when someone pulls my mob, I like that element. Scenarios means if I want to work with others I can do, and offers massive flexibility, with story scenarios allowing people to see first hand the lore.

I am really pleased so far, and would recommend people to ignore the marmite guidl wars fan buoy reviews given so far
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    Well impressed so far with my MOP experience, the game is taking a fun step back in the right direction. to all of you voting 0...all i can say is that you have set yourself up for failure from the get go.
  18. Sep 26, 2012
    Blizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansionBlizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansion they have done. Kudos to Blizzard for sticking with their plan and not catering to the elitist gamers who make up the vocal minority that doesn't like it. Expand
  19. Sep 26, 2012
    This is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked onThis is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked on that a lot of mmos usually overlook. The new areas are magical and genuinely exciting to explore. Entering a new quest hub is always interesting and the little story of that area is always fun. The new dungeons are fresh and fun. The normal modes for leveling are not overly challenging but are still good fun. There will be plenty of challenge at level 90. The music and voice acting really help immerse you in the world and allow you, as a player to get lost in the magic that is Pandaria.

Overall if you were unsure about this game because of all the negativity it has received from trolls I say try it yourself and make your own decision. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.
  20. Sep 25, 2012
    Maybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait forMaybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait for quests. Why you think there wouldn't be should tell you how disconnected you are to the game and it's massive fanbase. Sadly, bug do plague the experience. Kinda sad that it's expected so I really won't deduct points (maybe 1 point). I'll be first to admit I was very skeptical and even trash talked WoW after the new patch. "Too easy" and "dumbed down" were my words....well that and "even retarded kittens can play this now". I'm excited to say with the new content it has been a tad more difficult however, not enough to give a higher score. If your like me and wanted more, this game does have it...you just need to look for it. Expand
  21. Sep 25, 2012
    As I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, butAs I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, but the visuals are fantastic (considering the circumstances), and the Asian based theme is the best zone idea yet (despite the panda thing). Disallowing flying correctly allows for you as the player to be humbled and fully appreciate the epic proportions of the zone. The expansion offers a more effective and intuitive talent system, new and improved dynamic battlegrounds, and a massive new story line with ever more engaging quests. I can see how people who do more PVE think they have been under represented in this expansion, but consider how PVPers have felt for quite some time now. Unfortunately, if you are on the badly losing side of a PVP server, you might be pretty frustrated at times, especially in the early stages of the release. In your best interest, don't listen to a lot of the unreasonably negative reviews, but if you do, I don't care. Blizzard Entertainment is majorly owned (just over 50%) by the French conglomerate 'Vivendi SA' nowadays, and I'm not interested in supporting French corporations at the moment as much as I would like people to think rationally when they analyze any piece of intellectual property. Expand
  22. Sep 25, 2012
    how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90 and trying the new heroics and eventually the raids now :) I do think just 2 new dungeons up to 90 is poor though.thanks to any of you who cried yesterday and rage quitted the game,you've stopped all the lag lol like i said at the start you cant review a game after 1 day but felt i should offset some of the crying kids reviews who must have bought the expansion and then gave up after a few hours Expand
  23. Sep 25, 2012
    fantastica expansion , un inicio espectacular muy interesante con el principe secuestrado empiza tu aventura
    por estas tierras maravillosas de pandaria sin duda un 10 para blizzard
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

Mists is definitely the smartest expansion from Blizzard. Some of the more pointless things in the game, such as hunters using mana, casting time on slam, healers using talent points for dispells, Soul Shards in bags, reagents for spells and grinding keys to enter dungeons are gone. The reason? Simply because they went against the shaping of the game. Warriors should never be casting. You shouldn't need to grind an item just to get into a dungeon. Etc.

The talent point system was in dire need of being revamped. PvP-wise, several classes were forced into one spec for viability, but now all specs share common qualities, giving a more diverse environment. There was never any freedom with the old system. During WotLK, it was still a basic cookie cutter and it was just as worse in Cata. When you see a lock, warrior, shaman...you could be facing any spec. There are numerous combinations. Blizzard has gone back to it's TBC/WotLK days, where you level on a separate continent with distinct zones so you can finish a zone, obtain one level, and then move on to the next zone, which definitely makes you feel more involved with the expansion rather than questing, leveling, taking a portal to a new place, and repeating the process all over again.

Speaking of leveling, the grind for 85 to 90 is horrendous. Casually playing, it took something like 5-8 hours per level. The diverse zones make it slightly bearable, but everyone in my guild and on my server complained about the length. However, most people can relate to the grind from the original 1 to 60 before we had Looking For Dungeons. People asked for a harder game, and the grind was perfect in terms of The new raids are definitely going to leave some people puzzled. The architecture for Vaults is painstakingly similar to Ulduar. There is a similar trash grind that resets if you fail to kill a boss, and the bosses offer a much stronger complexity (which you will have to judge for yourself). Whereas last expansion, almost all guilds burned through the entire normal tier without any effort, only 3 guilds on my server have down the first 3 bosses, and there is only 1 guild in the world who has finished all 6...and this is just normal mode.

The game is different and time will tell how this expansion goes. There's definitely a number of things to do and it offers a strong hand to casuals and hardcore alike. I give it a 9 because I do not think Blizzard will ever outdo themselves and return to their 12 million subs. The content is fun and enjoyable, the mechanics are new, and it definitely seemed like a more "close-to-home" expansion that it's predecessor. World of Warcraft is far from "dying" and it's the top MMO for another year.

Typical reviews on here are just plain wrong and lack any intellectual thought. I'm writing this one one day after content was released, so if you're ready any of the reviews before October 2nd, you are reading reviews of people who have yet to touch the new raids, compete in arenas, try out new BG's, and so forth. Basically, you're reading the reviews of people who haven't even played this game yet. That is no way to judge a game.
  25. Jun 3, 2014
    4.x User score?? ...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is ... negatives. Yep 540 negatives and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing. Great game, best MMO. Vivala Blizz.
  26. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has so many features that it is like owning several games in one - player verses player, player verses environment, pet verses pet, players working as teams to accomplish goals.

Great graphics and back stories Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult

Great graphics and back stories

Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult and teenage children for years. This is an easy way to stay in touch and have fun together as a family.
  27. Sep 19, 2013
    I was subbed to WoW for possibly 3 years straight, once Cataclysm came along I re-subbed and play for about a month.

After Diablo 3 and Cataclysm I started to sour on my Blizzard love. I had been an avid fan of the company since I was in 4th grade with Warcraft I. Pandaria seemed like a joke to me, it seemed a casual ploy. And maybe it is to a degree. I remember the first days of the

I remember the first days of the original WoW.... how long everything took. It really felt like getting to level 60 was going to be a huge achievement. But, thank goodness they did away with that level of grind so that you would be able to level a couple of classes a little quicker and get to your raid.

On a whim I recently decided to get Mists for $20. Watched the GameTrailers review and I trust that guy.

I am delighted with this expansion; I feel somewhat bad that I never gave this expansion a chance from the very beginning. I cannot devout a lot of time to any video game and I wish WoW would have gone F2P as well, but while I play this expansion I realize why it has not. There is a reason I am not still playing GW2, or Neverwinter, or any of the countless other pieces of MMOs. WoW still has creativity, it still has a vibrant soul that I cannot deny. I am glad I was able to unfurl it's claw from my mind for a while, but nonetheless roaming through it's world is a wonder.

MoP may not be nearly as ambitious as other WoW expansions and this, I find, to be it's strongest suite. The design is tight, questing is streamlined, the environments open. I loved stumbling upon a small village with 3 tight quests then journeying on-wards through majestic environments that recall the original WoW to some degree.

The sound design is solid, the new zones are solid and more down-to-Earth in a WoW sense, pop-culture references abound (the whole thing somewhat based on Rashomon), whimsical, goofy and actually slightly matured and extremely polished.

The game may not be innovative, but this is WoW. Ultima Online was more ambitious and innovative than WoW years before WoW ever set foot. It's no big deal, innovation was never in the cards for WoW even though it tore this whole genre into such a specific and emulated genre no one has been able to touch the magic Blizzard created. Blizzard once again prove with this expansion that they are design geniuses; they realize what they have, what works and what does not and what I see here is something in a perfected and under-appreciated form. The pandas work, the voice acting where it is, is great, the story is actually somewhat decent. But, at it's heart It is truly magical escapism at it's finest, beautiful and subtle. I will gladly pay another two months of sub fees to take in it's glory to a fuller extent.
  28. Sep 22, 2013
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot beWorld of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot be challenged by any game on the world. So for the Content i would give WoW 100/100 points for this About the Design: This game got a lot of characters 2 Worlds designed by Blizzard Entertainment. The staff did a good job giving the players 2 planets with a lot of area designed a lot of characters hairstyles etc. This game is one of the best games on the World if you judge it right. This game requires a lot of word especially at lv 90 on PvP or Pve It needs more time to get PvP and Pve Gear on both primary and secondary talents. Lets judge the lore behind the game: I have always been a fan of WoW lore because it got so many characters and leaders with their long stories. The Lore of WoW is one of the biggest stories in the world. I always think that the lore is one of the important parts of the game. Going back to desing There are a lot of wearing that characters use on WoW which are also designed by blizzard entertainment. WoW its one of the best games in the world if you judge it right. WoW doesnt have high level graphic but that doesnt mean that playing it will not be fun.

As for the poor gamers here who rate it 0 or 10 learn to judge a game and stop writing foolishes about it. You are not rating the game you are writting just things that you experience.
  29. Jul 28, 2013
    Resubscribed about a month ago after having played during Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I myself scoffed initially at the concept and made the same generic "Kung Fu Panda" jokes everyone else did. But that was until I looked further and actually started playing the game.

While the atmosphere of Mists of Pandaria is not nearly as epic as the air of uncertainty that came with advancing upon the Lich King- an impressive antagonist steeped in WoW's Lore- it is obvious that Blizzard was attempting to break the formula. The style of MoP is radically different than that of any expansion in regards to its artistic style. Whereas the landscapes added in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, though beautiful and far more detailed, did not strike me as being terribly different from content in the base game, Mists of Pandaria immediately stood out. You are told that you are being thrust into a strange new land, and damn it, Blizzard delivers it.

For the Lore-aholics that resent the direction WoW's story has taken, be at ease. The Pandaren (Though I take no issue with them) are not the central characters of Mists of Pandaria. The story revolves primarily around the Alliance and Horde- lead by King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Garrosh Hellscream- taking of advantage of Pandaria and its denizens in a final attempt to end one another. While the Pandaren play an important part, you will find that characters introduced in the past of World of Warcraft seize more prominent roles.

Like them or not, it is overkill to say that the Pandaren ruin the game. Especially considering that there are already bear-people like the Furbolg. The only reason it seems far-fetched is because of Kung Fu Panda.
  30. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  31. Oct 4, 2012
    I love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always hadI love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always had a childish theme to it. The content is SO much better than Cata, leveling has not been a complete drag to me yet which is a complete breathe of fresh air. And to those that say its dumbed down, 10 bucks says 3/4 of you went onto elitest jerks and tried to find the best build for your class and spec cause i know i sure did. So don't preach about how it impacted your play style and blah blah blah cause in reality it did not really effect you at all. All i hear is ohhhh i want it back to the way it was and end game to be ridiculously hard core. Well you all need to realize Blizzard is a BUSINESS and needs to do what they feel is best for their product......... Don't like it? Then end your subscription and go play something else, but im sure most of the negative reviewers here are already level 90. I love MoP and will be a long time WoW fan. Expand
  32. Sep 30, 2012
    I can honestly tell most people giving reviews on here have either not played the game for longer than 10 mins or just plain hate the game and like lying through whatever teeth they have left.

Mists of Pandaria has been one of the greatest expansions blizzard has made since BC if not better than it and it just is getting started. Don't knock it till you tried it. I became level 90 2 days ago and i have so many things to do. But before that the leveling and questing actually felt fun. The zones are amazing and the dungeons are beautiful. The monk is also a fantastic addition to the game along with the pandas. Alot of people are just mad about pandas...if that's the case don't play as a panda. Nothing is stopping you. This expansion as said is a step in the right direction. I am glad i got back into WoW. Thank you blizzard for making such an amazing expansion. :)
  33. Oct 4, 2012
    The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1 point. To those that feel the game is the 'same ol' same ol' - I agree it is still wow. They didn't change how the game is played. But, in my opinion, I didn't want a 'new' game, in the same way that I don't want them to change how baseball is played from season to season. It has expanded the current game, hence the term 'expansion'. They don't change the rules of baseball just because there is a new season do they? Expand
  34. Oct 6, 2012
    Seems like some kind of payed anti blizzard ppl are posting here. The day expansion launched, they all give 0/10 score.

Unfortunatelyy, this makes all this scores by users totally uselles. Still, I found MoP much more entertaining than GW2. Quests are more fun, playing is much smoother (responsive of my character), the graphics changed so much (for better) for years. The new zone

Unfortunatelyy, this makes all this scores by users totally uselles.

Still, I found MoP much more entertaining than GW2. Quests are more fun, playing is much smoother (responsive of my character), the graphics changed so much (for better) for years. The new zone looks really cool.

At least my realm (Grimm Batol EU) is full of players, at AH we have tons of items (over 80k atm), raids started this week and LFR starts next. I'm having a blats playing this expansion.

Just to compare - I'v played maybe 20hrs GE2 and made me bore so much i have not launch it since. I've played MoP like 80hrs already and having so much fun.

I was somehow afraid of pandas. Fortunate, the race is cool, in those bandannas they look badass, animations are fine. Plus in the new quests they fit perfectly, nothing seems odd, everything is good explained.
  35. Oct 5, 2012
    Great Story/Content. Beautiful new landscapes. Great new musical score to go along with the new lands. Scenarios are a nice break from the dungeon grind and allow you to queue for what are basically the group quests now. Overall it is one of the best expansions since BC.
  36. Oct 5, 2012
    I actually think this expansion is quite good and it's the one to bring me back. Cataclysm was rather disappointing, but this expansion brings back the sense of exploration and wonder that I enjoyed to much with Wrath of the Lich King. I don't get why so many people hate it, but as with all internet trolls, they just hate stuff to hate stuff, really.
  37. Oct 1, 2012
    This games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoringThis games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoring this low. Give it a try. You will enjoy it. Expand
  38. Oct 6, 2012
    Blizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playingBlizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playing off and on since Vanilla, so statistically I'm probably supposed to hate this game... but as far as I'm concerned it just keeps getting better. Expand
  39. Oct 2, 2012
    Although it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented toAlthough it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented to make it even better. Expand
  40. Oct 3, 2012
    Really enjoying this new expansion. Have played since day one up until now. I actually think the Panderans are great, their animations are superb and I love the new Monk class. I also think the new talent system is way better as it cuts out all the lvls were you pick something pointless.
    Hoping the raid content will be good as all the other things. If you liked WoW before, chances are you will like this. Plenty of people who said they wouldn't play it are back levelling.
  41. Oct 5, 2012
    Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving.Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving. There needs to be even better ways to group with friends who are lower level to keep them interested in the game (I loved CoH/CoV adjusted level grouping). However, I think the redesign is more than slapping lipstick on a pig, they've gone through a long process and eliminated a lot of the boring utility stuff and given us a bunch of fun, cool abilities. The questing and storyline for pandaria is a bit static, however, none of your choices really matter the way SWTOR made your stories seem to matter. That being said I was enthralled to see the stories unfold, and it made me care about what was going on in the land of Pandaria more and more. The immersive effect is helped by a great musical score and superb voice acting. I was very dissappointed with the quality of the voice acting in Cataclysm, so the new stuff was very refreshing and helped draw me into the story.

So far, the new dungeons and new challenges and scenarios are fun. I like how you can still have the lower difficulty stuff for casuals but there are challenges (gold medaling dungeon runs) for more advanced people to test themselves against. I like how these challenges are getting players to be more creative in their approach.

As I say, I would give this game an 8/10 except apparently a bunch of Guildwars 2 fanboys came over to metacritic to crap all over this game for no reason. So I'll give it a 10/10 to help try and correct this bias. Really guys, its not mature to be dishonest about a game simply because you are a fan of a competitor.
  42. Sep 29, 2012
    Best expansion I've played since Burning Crusade. Excellent storyline and a depth and variety of activities to perform that all other MMOs seem to still lack.
  43. Oct 4, 2012
    I remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, aI remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, a completely cut off land from the conflict that has ravaged the rest of Azeroth. Reminds me a lot of the relationship between D&D Forgotten Realms and Al-Qadim (they were both part of the same campaign setting, though treated as two different entities in printed adventures while the most interesting adventures to me was when we brought in assassins from Al-Qadim into Forgotten Realms or plundering Drows into the deserts of Al-Qadim). That type of clash really adds a lot for me to the scope of the world in the game.

The game itself is both familiar and new, fun and satisfying. I dig the new monk class and the new Pandarian race. The new skill system, though it irked me at first, I actually prefer now after a few days. I picked up Guild Wars 2 thinking it would easily be my favorite mmo experience this year. I was pleasantly surprised in picking up MoP because it totally made up for Guild Wars 2.
  44. Sep 29, 2012
    There are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent areThere are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent are everything that the game needed to feel refreshing, while also boosting it's normal "World of Warcraft" style that people either love or hate. While most reviews herein contain reasons such as "network" or "Pandas" followed by obscene ignorance, MoP is everything that any past expansion has given and perhaps more. Gamers today as a whole have lost the ability of distinction, and it is human nature to hate on something that is popular if you are not a part of that group. This is exasperatingly evident with MoP, which brings forth new content, brilliant visuals (ala WoW style), hilarious and entertaining quests and an promise of so much more. The new systems alone provide for bonus addons that give players new things to do while preparing for raids and to do battle; the cross realm system, while very irritating to non-PvP realm characters, is a great idea that was poorly implemented. Getting gold ratings on challenge modes are incredibly hard even for hardcore raiders, and scenarios bring an additional outlet for people to spend time earning justice and new items without needed a tank or healer. In addition, the reformat of normal dungeons to the era of Wrath, while maintaining the difficulty of challenge modes, is a tremendous improvement over the last expansion where dungeons weren't all that popular until the second patch.

Blizzard has promise bi or tri monthly patches containing alternating portions of contents such as raids, dungeons, dailies and story that will further advance the storyline of Mists of Pandaria. As such, huge battles are expected, and there is already more blood in the water than in any expansion thus far. PvP is rampant on PvP realms, and so are a huge amount of issues that should have been handled during beta (such as crz and it's general useless nature other than providing extra players to steal your kills or quest mobs).

Pet battles are strangely addicting, and farming is less than optimal in being entertaining. Still, the game boosts tremendous improvements over the past, learning from mistakes and rewarding multiple different types of crowds. As most raids haven't been released (scheduled for a week or two), the only experiences I could speak of such is from the Beta, of which I found to be very enjoyable and just challenging enough.

Questing is entertaining from the start, minus the somewhat poor cut-scenes made to introduce them. Multiple different objectives, story-lines and "just for fun" tasks bring forth refreshing leveling when focused on at a moderate pace. Pandas, while controversial, bring about a certain feeling of "zen" in their own land, but ultimately cause one to quirk their eyebrows when seeing them in regular towns. Luckily, if Worgen are any indication, they will be a rare race of bestials despite having an "awesome" flare to a certain crowd. To put it bluntly, if one is on the fence about this expansion and you've enjoyed WoW in the past, it is definitely worth the purchase price and a few months of entertainment. Many are getting tired of the whole raiding scene and just getting new gear just to get new gear. Though the amount of content and things to so and do within WoW will give months to do while waiting on other games or just needing to fill time in general out of boredom.
  45. Oct 3, 2012
    It's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords youIt's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords you the ability to change your skills on the fly because the reagent needed to do so is inexpensive to the point of being insignificant. This actually opens the game up, rather than restricting it like people who aren't playing write in the negative reviews. You get to choose 6 abilities at a time from a pool of 18 that you can change whenever you want to without needing to visit a trainer. That's variety and accessibility on a scale never before seen in WoW. The new dungeons are enjoyable yet challenging while they're new. They aren't hard like dungeons were at the start of Cataclysm, but they aren't trivial like they were at the end (though honestly they will be by the end of this xpac, such is life in WoW). The new things to do like pet battles get you out into the world and dungeon challenge modes offer competitive PvE for players in addition to raiding. PvP is still there in several different varieties (although, I took a point off for Blizzard putting the gear vendors where they did, making them killable and saying they thought that was a good idea. It wasn't a good idea Blizzard, not at all). All in all there is more to do in MoP than there ever has been in all of WoW's history and the things that have kept the game going all this time like spot on controls, modability, accessibility and stability are all still there. Expand
  46. Sep 30, 2012
    Shall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallengingShall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallenging anyways. Everyone saying that probably hasn't even done a new raid yet. The game was fun, and certainly worth the $40 or $60. Ignore the idiots that rated the game 0! Expand
  47. Oct 2, 2012
    I have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung FuI have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung Fu panda came out, and I wound up liking the stupid movie. I went ahead and gave MoP a chance, and found myself having more fun with WoW than I had in a long while.

The new talent system is weird, and certainly boring for someone just starting to level, but I get what they were trying to do.

The graphics options are much improved. The new areas are interesting. We get a new race and new class.

I think people need to realize that there's only so much you can do with a game this old. And I don't mean the graphics. After playing the same MMO for 6 years, how can you not be tired of it? How can you not be tired of the genre itself? Maybe its time to move on. I get some players are angry that the game is easier or more casual, and that they feel betrayed, but I for one am happy the game is less of a grind. I just want to have fun. I don't want to sacrifice large chunks of my life to any single game. And to all the hate on the FMV, well, I want this one was the best they've done yet. I've never thought they were amazing or worth watching twice, but this one was technically very impressive and amusing. I've seen people comment that they were offended that this strange new race would be attacked without cause. Well lighten up, it was amusing, and it makes a pretty accurate statement on human (or orc) nature.

So no, its not perfect, or revolutionary, and I ought to vote it higher to compensate for extremists ( a zero? Really? Did you buy one of the display boxes by mistake?) but I think its a solid 8, and a pleasant surprise.
  48. Oct 3, 2012
    THE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode givesTHE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode gives PvE players a more direct competition with other people. Voice overs are definitely a big improvement over Cataclysm. Monk class is very interesting and fun. Pandaren animations are great. Involving storylines that make you feel like a special snowflake. --------- THE BAD: Overhauled talent system makes leveling feel a bit hollow. A few buggy issues with phasing. ---------- THE UGLY: People will find any reason to hate WoW at this point. Internet chest thumpers are predisposed to hating this game simply because of the Pandaren race. Pet monster mini-game will get a lot of comparisons with Pokemon, although no one has yet criticized Polymock in GW2. (isn't selective journalism great? lol) --------- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: WoW's age is definitely showing, but the efforts put into developing Mists of Pandaria truly shows and gives long-time Blizzard fans a reason to pick up the game again. It's sad that people are judging the game so harshly without even trying it and realizing how much fun it is. FINAL VERDICT COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Expand
  49. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, so many haters. If you like "violence" and "manliness" so much, go play CoD. If you don't like how the launch was going, then you didn't see any other MMO launches.
    The design of MoP is great, I'd say it's the best looking wow addon so far. The talent system is not that easy as it looks like (maybe for casuals it is, but hardcore players will see it's potential). Quests is good. Not great, but good enough. Scenarios/heroic dungeons/challenges is a step in a right direction.
    The only thing that I think could be better is LESS DAILIES. WE DO NOT LIKE THEM. But whatever, they're there for keep us playing even if we can't find what to do AND they also give great opportunities for world-pvp
  50. Sep 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well i see lots of discontent here. Before you are so harsh to judge the game, picture this. Here you are raiding Dragon Soul on heroic difficulty over and over again. You have nothing else to do right? Okay. Lets go farm stuff, make money, get mounts and complete a mother-load of achievements. Suddenly... oh wow what is this!? A new expansion!? Finally! So you go and read up on it little by little as it reaches launch time. Good, now you are in game. Pandas, pandas everywhere, awesome detail new quest-lines, awesome new factions/races, new items, new mounts, new tittles, new achievements, scenarios, challenge modes and a plethora of new content. So here i ask you. Are you judging the new expansion because you never really progressed into raiding and completion during your previous plays? Are you not content with the fact that the game still has low rez graphics to compensate for it's size? (WoW has over 6 million players, with server capacities on the edge of 1000 or more). Are you just a fan boy of previous releases? Or, you just cant accept how awesome this expansion really is because you never cared to research/progress further into the game? Whatever your reason may be, this game deserves much credit. People that complain about the Panda race/faction clearly never understood or read the lore. Pandas were a part of wow long since its begging, just mentioned in short sections. And of course i cant stress this enough again and again, there is the Graphics Enthusiast. I personally demand high graphics from my games, in fact i sometimes judge the games on it's graphics (bad habit), but when it comes to WoW you have to understand that it was never about the graphics, it was about the game play. And last but not least, i am baffled by people who judge this game based on how hard or easier it gets. Raid finder= Great for experiences players who are eager to learn the ropes of raiding.
    Scenarios= Awesome idea towards achievements and "something to do"
    Challenge mode= Perfect way to test your strength and skills as a hardcore gamer, with a rewarding ending only for those who can prove themselves.
    Of course the dungeons and new raids are amazing, explosive content everywhere. So much more lore, so much more unique environments, great unique bosses and worth-wile rewards.
    Now here's another thing. Wonder why WoW MoP is still (TBD) here? Its because a Metacritic less than 90 you hurt its sales. Blizzard knows best, and quite frankly they will destroy those numbers. People have to realize that criticism here is hurting the gaming industry in terms of artistic meaning and individuality. If a game scores low it has a lesser chance to be sequel-ed. And that is completely ignorant.
  51. Sep 29, 2012
    This expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamerThis expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer various options to keep both happy. You can still do progression raiding and challenge modes as a hardcore or you have the LFR and scenarios if you simply do not have hours on end to apply to your time logged in. Warcraft will always be a polarizing game simply because each individual player believes that their ideas and preferences simply must be the best and most outstanding take on the situation. Blizzard does a fantastic job as an MMO giant providing content that keeps you playing and pleases as large a crowd as possible. If you don't like the game anymore, stop playing. If you like the predictable but steady expansions they provide with a few dashes of new game play styles, then enjoy. You are the consumer. Don't keep paying for something you don't enjoy. I, however, find that Blizzard does the best they can with each release and appreciate the fleshed out world they provide for me to dive in to after a hard day of work. Expand
  52. Oct 1, 2012
    Tons and tons of Asian atmosphere in this new expansion. The new continent of Pandaria is the most beautiful place made in the world of Azeroth and I applaud the designers who can squeeze so much artistry out of an 8+ year old game engine.
    The game has been made more accessible for new players while giving the hard core players more challenges with the introduction of challenge modes. This expansion gives all gamer types something to do: casual gamers can have fun with pet battles and scenarios which don't take up much time while the hardcore crowd can build up their character by doing hundreds of daily quests, instances, challenge modes to get ready to raid.
    The new race is endearing with their Asian flair and cute looks and the new class is a welcome addition to the other 10. The quests are top notch and made me laugh on more than one occasion. The typical blizzard humor can also be found in the Instances. If a dungeon where you can battle drunken monkey creatures and beer spirits doesn't make you chuckle then life must be a very sour experience for you indeed. Never since the BC and WotLK days have enjoyed WoW this much. A very nice recovery from a mediocre Catacllysm.
    To all the jaded haters I say: If you're fed up with wow go play something else. I expect you'll soon find something new you can spew your bile on.
  53. Sep 28, 2012
    masterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore themasterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore the whole continent but then i will have a farm to take care and my ever growing pokemon collection

and the rest pve and pvp great as always but i dont really care much about this because any mmo can put some kind of dungeon/raid/battleground, blizzard just makes them beautiful and detailed
  54. Oct 8, 2012
    This is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of theseThis is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of these chavs giving the game a review of 0 because they are immature and have no love for rpg's then you will love this new expansion... 10/10 and the gfx are much nicer now with more polys. Expand
  55. Sep 26, 2013
    MoP is pretty much the most packed WoW expansion to date with something for everyone, and a statement that WoW is still the MMO king.

Sad to see the low user score it's gotten due to trolls and just general idiots who doesn't have the mental strengh to see past the fact that the game is good despite the inclusion of pandas.
  56. Aug 13, 2013
    Solid game if your enjoy raiding and story. The only sore spot was the constant barrage of dailies at the launch. But most of those have been addressed and fixed.
  57. Sep 22, 2013
    Don't listen to all the whiny anti-WoW fanboys, enough is enough. If you hate WoW, don't go around telling people lies about how it's a grind fest and not fun, because both are 100% false.

WoW is by far the most polished and enjoyable MMO I've ever played, for 8 long years now, and while I've tried every other WoW "killer" out there, none come close, none have "killed" WoW, in fact it's still the #1 MMO in the world by far, 8 years in a row. Why? Because it's the best damn MMO ever made and the rest of the industry doesn't have a clue. WoW has a bit of everything for everyone, and even more surprising, an incredibly rich story that drives its ever growing world. Two things more that WoW does right that others fail: PvP and end-game raiding.

There is nothing quite as balanced or challenging as WoW when it comes to PvP and end-game, and the WoW haters know it, so they QQ 24/7 on places like this instead of playing their precious WoW "killer" game. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a raid to go to. FOR THE ALLIANCE!
  58. Oct 25, 2013
    While nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gearWhile nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gear handouts and not enough challenging exclusive content. Expand
  59. Nov 14, 2013
    Lol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvpLol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvp player and oldschool raider and nothing is changing in me as a player each time i play it i just want to play more i have 4 lvl 90's and i think that shows the time and dedication i put into this game the only game i play right now.
    They have enhanced on the graphics remade some of the raids recreated the character models Pandas look great the new monk class is brilliant the new raids battlegrounds are great the new secrets monuts and rewards are awsome.
    Blizzard please keep doing what your doing as this game has made me and my friends happy for years and every year you just make it better Please capture this again and again and again your so good at making great games for me this was one of the easiest 10 out of 10's my fav game ever and my fav expansion!
  60. Nov 6, 2013
    graphics 6/10 visually it was stunning but this is 2013, you should be updating the way the game looks and plays at least a little bit 10 years after launch

story 10/10 I thought I wouldn't enjoy pandas, but the story line was actually enjoyable. pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a

pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a bit overpowered at first, but I assume they were making up for the season before that in which warriors were the "lame ducks" of pvp.

raiding 5/10 I do not like the "find a group" raiding system. It takes all the fun out of raiding.
  61. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Gear has been updated, new mounts look good, more lighting, the game constantly upgrades even though this expansion hasn’t seen the most. WoW still has amazing graphics for its artistic style. New environments look good as well. 10.
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they don’t feel like a chore. Not many new gameplay elements were added in this title, and raiding seems more casual than before, as well as the heroics when you first hit 90. The game remains similar to previous expansions with this one having more of a focus on gaining rep just to buy gear. New battlegrounds are a nice mix taking a page from Rift’s library, and a cart mode that I like to compare with Team Fortress, although the carts always move and it’s more like a king of the hill/carts. New hero class added, look out for panda monks! 10.
    Story: The focus of this expansion dives real deep in this expansion, too much to explain, I wasn’t to particularly interested, but lore fans won’t be disappointed. 10.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth the hours you get! 10.
    Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  62. Nov 18, 2013
    I've played World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Albeit, I did stop playing TBC the start of Cata, but that doesn't stop me being able to give my impressions on the current expansion, before the new one comes out and changes everything.

Now I know many onlookers to WoW are like: "Wow, look at the pandas. What this, Kung Fu Panda?". I know we're kinda past that now, but it still comes up in a few places, here and there. Out in real life. "Oh, you play WoW? Didn't they add Kung Fu Pandas?". You look at the ground, frowning. Pandaren, as they're referred to in-game, weren't the massive flop many expected them to be. A lot of people rolled a Pandaren, and you see quite a few flying around their respective capital city. The new continent, Pandaria, looking graphically striking compared to past zones, with its giant world bosses and impressive rolling hills and ancient structures. The land itself is beautiful, and a joy to explore.

We'll start off talking about Pandaria then. As I said, Blizzard opted to update the graphics significantly in Pandaria, making the land one pretty place. Pink-blossomed trees blowing in the wind, the light breeze of background music it all creates a very nice atmosphere of an ancient time-lost land that you're exploring. The decision to not let you fly in Pandaria until max level (90), was a great choice. It means that you get to actually experience the environment instead of flying high above, not caring in the slightest what's down below. It also gives way for World PVP to occur the enemy faction attacking you, or you attacking them. Only if you're on a PVP server, of course. And its likely that the enemies you find from the opposite faction are actually your level, making it a fair fight. You do get the occasional maxed out ganker, but those moments are few and far between. The new continent itself is a joy to explore and level in.

But what happens when you 'ding' 90? Yes, you've done it! Max level! The game really opens up. You can now do raids get together a group of 10-25 people and take on some of the hardest bosses. Or do LFR, and get grouped with other similar players to take on a 25-man raid. In terms of raiding, MoP shines. The raids are varied and very interesting, and the bosses are epic in scale. However, I do feel that LFR is too easy in most circumstances if you have a non-braindead group you can easily faceroll through all the bosses no problem. This is LFR though, so that's to be expected. The real challenge comes in Normal or Heroic versions of the raids, pumping up the difficulty substantially. Also, there's one more option Flexible raiding. This allows a group of anywhere in between 10 and 25 people to do a raid and the difficulty scales with the amount of people, as well as the loot. Flex is harder than LFR, and provides just the right amount of challenge for many players. In terms of raiding and endgame, MoP gets a big fat golden tick.

But what of the new class, the monk? I've played the monk for a bit, to around level 25, and it seems very fun. Talking to a 90 monk, they seem to really like this class, for all it's worth. Monks can choose all 3 positions Tank, DPS, or Healer with their 3 specs. At lower levels, monks do seem to be very OP, especially in BGs and Dungeons, but this levels out in the higher levels. Overall, the monk class is a worthy addition to the current classes, and you have to admit punching people in the face is bloody cool.

There's so much more I could say about this expansion, but... wait a second. There's one thing I've got to talk about. Pet Battles. Just seriously, hear me out. Pet battles are like Pokémon, but in WoW. When you're not raiding, or doing anything else, you can summon out your pets and battle other players in a Poké-like experience. You can even catch Rare and Epic rated pets. Seriously, it's really addictive and a lot of fun a worthy addition to this expansion.

As this review and expansion draws to a close, it's a perfect time to say that I've really enjoyed this expansion. The new Warlords of Draenor expansion is just around the corner, and that looks to be some of the best WoW times yet. I look forward to the future of this game and have truly enjoyed my time in this expansion.

8/10. If haven't before, pick up WoW and give it a go. I'm not kidding.
  63. Dec 18, 2013
    I don't understand why people are so hating this expansion. In my opinion its great. Maybe not that good as Wrath of the Lich King, or The Burning Crusade, but still. There are a lot of new content with every patch. Yea game became easy, but... who cares
  64. Feb 21, 2014
    At first I was put off by the entire idea of a Panda expansion for my World of Warcraft game. It felt too kiddish. However, after playing through the new areas of content I was blown away by the rich storytelling. This expansion was an improvement in quest design, class balance, and end-game content than what we saw in Cataclysm. Still ranking slightly behind Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK though.
  65. Sep 30, 2012
    Ignore the GW2 haters who put up tons of horrible reviews. Mists of Panaria is WoW's best expansion yet. Launch day was amazingly smooth. Just hit level 90 and I'm blown away by the art & quest design for this expansion.
  66. Oct 1, 2012
    If you've been loving WoW for the last 8 years like me, then you'll love this one too. There is a ton more endgame content right out of the box. the soundtrack is also beautiful again. just fun all around. if you didn't like wow before then you probably won't like this, so go back to guild wars 2.
  67. Sep 29, 2012
    This is by far the best content Blizzard has ever put out. The questing is superb, the story, the mechanics, I once again have that feeling of AWE I have missed since Vanilla. Kudos Blizzard, this is the best MMO out there.
  68. Sep 27, 2012
    I made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There isI made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There is one controversial change which I cannot comment on as I have seen very little of its impact which is cross realm zones. In theory it should be a good thing and I dont see why it shouldnt especially if it adds more chance for random PVP encounters. But I will leave it at that.

Talent/skill/glyph revamp- One of the most unfun things to do in an MMO is to have to learn and relearn complicated trees which alter stats. If you are playing 1 or 2 characters it is easy to keep upto speed and actually know how to make a profficent build. After 10 years of online game I have a small army of characters across doaens of games and it is almost more trouble than it is worth to go back and jump on one you havent played for a while. The new talent system can only give you strong builds that can be figured out relatively quickly. There is also a greater degree of tactical flexibility with the ability to loadout skills and glyphs on the fly allowing more focus on actual combat. I have notivced several skills which have been integrated as passives or into other skills. I think this is great as having more and more skills every year only overcomplicate what should be simple.

Pet battles- only done it a short time but it seems very well done. If you ever played pokemon on gameboy you will like this. It is optional and offers a bit of depth.

Pandaria- I have played many wow clones over the years and I have come to the conclusion that if you are looking for that kind of simple casual progression wow does it just as good and in many cases better than any. They have not reinvented the wheel. but further refined the original formula to make your basic kill/collect quest as entertaining as possible. I wasnt sure if I would be into the whole panda/chinese/kun-fu theme, although they have done a good job of it. It has an exotic feel to it. Alot of the fights are 2-5 mobs and it reminds me of fighting creeps back in the days of ROC/TFT alot more than previous expansions. Monk- Havent played hte new class however I have fought against them and they seem pretty powerful. People actually playing them like it. Dungeons/raids- Only done 4 of the new ones on normal and they are what one would expect. I look forward to the challenge modes and scenarios.

Area looting- about f'in time.

PVP-
    havent been able to try new BG, I think they are lv 90, however there is a hell of alot of world PVP. Sharing quest hubs with the other faction can be tense and difficult at times, and because of that we have the highest levels of WPVP sing the southshore/TM days. Both good and someimes annoying but its what alot of people have been saying they want for years and I dont mind. Overall- I am level 88 and have had the most fun in wow since vanilla. The overall experince is top notch. it is an experiance. I am actually looking forward to leveling up some alts which is unusual. Most people I have talked too and played with have high opinion of MoP. The many low scores reviewers have given on this site is a joke written by a growing minority of disgruntled players who have lost there perspective. I suspect that this is because they have been playing blizzard games/MMOs heavily for years and are incapable of enjoying them anymore. That has happened to me before and I couldnt play for years.
  69. Oct 15, 2012
    It's been about 4 years since I was excited to get home to play World of Warcraft. Hasn't been this enjoyable since The Burning Crusade. Pretty much says it all.
  70. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't understand how so many people blindly rate it below 4 just out of shear emotion. I thought it was decent launch, it had lag issues for about 3-4 hours and it was perfectly fine after. I have done quite a bit in the game so far (level to 90, heroics and challenge modes)
  71. Oct 7, 2012
    The mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguingThe mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguing characters, and variety in quests. Reputation is no longer earned with tabards for the main pandaria factions, and while many may say this is bad, its also keeps it interesting, and it can be much more rewarding when you do reach honored/revered/exalted. Rare spawns actually drop better loot, depending on their level, and the 40man world boss is very fun and challenging. Mists of Pandaria actually FEELS like an expansion, there is so much to do that its hard to become bored, and the Pandaren arent as cheesy as they look, but actually fit right in. My only massive gripe is the high-population log-in queue's, sometimes exceeding 2:30hrs to actually play, but otherwise, welcome to pandaria!! Expand
  72. Sep 28, 2012
    This game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is wellThis game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is well made and immersive.

There are so many bad reviews from butthurt old-timers who expected 'passive mitigation' and people who just down-vote the game for no reason other than D3 being a flop. I have -actually- played this game since Vanilla, and this is honestly the most fun I have had since LK. Do yourself a favour and give this expansion a go, you won't regret it.
  73. Sep 27, 2012
    100% improvement vs. Cataclysm. I just came back to WOW after a loooong hiatus and I am liking the fact that Blizzard has decided to switch things up with the talent trees. After being gone for so long, if I was able to come back and "leave right where I left off", and there were no changes to the game, I would have been disappointed. The game is not perfect and the initial surge of people100% improvement vs. Cataclysm. I just came back to WOW after a loooong hiatus and I am liking the fact that Blizzard has decided to switch things up with the talent trees. After being gone for so long, if I was able to come back and "leave right where I left off", and there were no changes to the game, I would have been disappointed. The game is not perfect and the initial surge of people playing on opening day kinda showed some of the oversights/ imperfections of the starting content on the new zone. On Alliance side, gyrocopter event, it took me an hour to complete the night of release. Ran the event again on my rogue the next day and I completed it in 5 minutes. When I play this game, I play it to have FUN and to play with friends, not speed past all of the content just to get my character to lvl 90. So far, I am really enjoying it! Expand
  74. Sep 27, 2012
    As a player who's been with this game since alpha I can honestly say that this is the best expansion since Burning Crusade. Everything was improved, from combat, to questing. The only thing I cab even nitpick about is the age of the game slowing graphically when compared to more recent MMO titles. Us unfortunate that most reviewers are blinded by their own fanatical love for how WoW "used"As a player who's been with this game since alpha I can honestly say that this is the best expansion since Burning Crusade. Everything was improved, from combat, to questing. The only thing I cab even nitpick about is the age of the game slowing graphically when compared to more recent MMO titles. Us unfortunate that most reviewers are blinded by their own fanatical love for how WoW "used" too be to realize it. Vanilla was amazing, but what alot of people don't realize is the game its the same and hasn't gotten easier, its just less time consuming. People can't devote 10 hours a day to progression wipes in raids anymore so Blizzard speed punishing people who can't give their life too this game. Graphically the game is sound, but shows a bit of age.

Ambience music and zone sound tracks are brilliant.

Gameplay is left relatively unchanged which is both a bad and good thing.

When it comes down too it though, you'll either love it or hate it. Longtime fans will find more of the same, and newcomers will be welcomed with an expansive world with plenty to do.
  75. Sep 28, 2012
    Tons of new thinks. The new pet system is awesome. Until now i think its so much better then cataclysm. It brings a lot of new things, systems, raids.
  76. Oct 9, 2012
    I am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a cultureI am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a culture obviously drawn from medieval China and Japan. The Monk class is powerful, and many of the more tedious aspects of advancement in the game have been simplified (for example, at least for Monks, you no longer have to visit a trainer to learn new abilities when you level up). More intangibly, MoP has somehow brought back the sense of wonder and fun that made the original WoW, as well as the earlier single-player games, so appealing -- if the three previous expansions had a sort of dark, epic Lord of the Rings feel to them, MoP is more like The Hobbit. By taking itself less seriously, WoW has become more enjoyable. The only significant drawback is the graphics engine, which is definitely showing its age -- WoW will likely need massive upgrades in this regard if it is to continue for more than another year or two, especially after the next-generation consoles are released. Expand
  77. Sep 27, 2012
    Very happy with this expansion! The lanscaping is beautiful,. the new new race of pandas gives us all license to just have fun and i find the new class very enjoyable to play. Forget the naysayers..this is a GREAT expansion and though there will be bugs at launch, unless you are a picky person who feeds of the negative..such minor annoyances will not deter you from the fact for once youVery happy with this expansion! The lanscaping is beautiful,. the new new race of pandas gives us all license to just have fun and i find the new class very enjoyable to play. Forget the naysayers..this is a GREAT expansion and though there will be bugs at launch, unless you are a picky person who feeds of the negative..such minor annoyances will not deter you from the fact for once you are allowed to enjoy playing a cartooned character and acting like one. Did i mention that the pet battles are addictive. Have fun in mists of pandera...a breath of fresh air! Expand
  78. Oct 1, 2012
    Complete rip off of Age of Bronan's Gates of Khitai expansion, but with pandas and Pokemon battles.

This game was much better back when people who aren't as good as me couldn't access the majority of the endgame content. Playing a mage in Sunwell was truly the height of my World of Warcraft experience. Metzen needs to put down the writing quill and dedicate all of his time doing what he does best: grooming his immaculate goatee.

10 for pandas.
  79. Oct 2, 2012
    Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. TheGood quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. The accompanying music has an appropriate oriental feel mixed with the oldschool tunes of Warcraft 3, which they seem to be trying to bring back in to the game. I thought the pet battles would be a somewhat amusing side feature, and was surprised to learn how in-depth they went in to creating that system and its content. If you liked Pokémon, you'll probably get some fun out of the pet battle system. Don't look for the same amount of depth, however. The pandas have an interesting and sometimes amusing story. If you're looking for a dead serious, no-funny-business, don't play the Pandarian race. There's still plenty to keep you entertained that's not your cup of tea, however. This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Expand
  80. Oct 2, 2012
    Not perfect but much better then most of these derps reviewing will have you believe giving it a zero who have never played it because they don't like pandas and or feel its ripping off pokemon is just stupid.
  81. Sep 28, 2012
    For me, MoP was an awesome experience. Most of the people who are writing bad reviews probably have not even reached end-game yet. Some of them complain about the new talent system, which is an excellent idead in my opinion. No more ''cookie-cutter'' builds, where if you did not pick specific talents, you would have much lower DPS then others. You usually only had 1-3 points to put whereFor me, MoP was an awesome experience. Most of the people who are writing bad reviews probably have not even reached end-game yet. Some of them complain about the new talent system, which is an excellent idead in my opinion. No more ''cookie-cutter'' builds, where if you did not pick specific talents, you would have much lower DPS then others. You usually only had 1-3 points to put where you wanted and even then, they did not change much (Some Builds did not even have those extra points). With the new system, the talents you choose actually modify your gameplay, and there is USUALLY no good answer, it is left to the preference of the player. Furthermore, the new continent is stunning, the environnement is beautifully done and the artwork on some of the mobs are very intricate and interesting. There are new battlegrounds and Dungeons, two whole new modes (Challenge mode and Scenarios), new raids, AoE looting, changes to raid looting, reputation, etc. Hell, some stuff went back to how it was in vanilla ! All in all, i seriously don't understand why people are disliking this expansion. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys World of Warcraft. Expand
  82. Oct 6, 2012
    Almost 90% of the negative reviews for this expansion are from accounts that were just created and have only reviewed this one game. This leads me to believe that it is a relatively small group of people making multiple accounts just to drive down MoP's meta score. As for the game itself, I think it's one of the best expansions that Blizzard has released thus far. It's on the same level asAlmost 90% of the negative reviews for this expansion are from accounts that were just created and have only reviewed this one game. This leads me to believe that it is a relatively small group of people making multiple accounts just to drive down MoP's meta score. As for the game itself, I think it's one of the best expansions that Blizzard has released thus far. It's on the same level as the Burning Crusade and definitely head and shoulders above Wrath and Cataclysm. The expansion adds a ton of content; A new race, new class, new continent, a pet battle system, and a personal garden for your characters to maintain a la Harvest Moon. The latter two are what is drawing the most flac from elitists. Oh no! Something else for players to do besides grind raid gear! The sky is falling! Seriously, this expansion is greatly entertaining and those whining for a return to the Vanilla / BC era are looking through some massive rose-tinted glasses. A game becoming more "casual" friendly is NOT a bad thing. Elitist snobs are actually throwing temper tantrums because Blizzard is making it possible for MORE people to see raid content. Yup, you read right. They are upset because they are no longer special little snowflakes and "less serious" players are now able to get their one exclusively 1337 gear. There are 324 negative reviews. Well, there are over 800 players in my Guild and Guild Alliance, and 90% of us think this expansion is great fun. Sure there are a few little things that could use tweaking (*cough*spawnratescough*) which is why I gave this expansion an 8 instead of a solid 10. If you just want to play WoW, see content, and get distracted by the multitude of things now in game go ahead and buy MoP. You'll get your money's worth out of it easily. If you think that EverQuest is the best MMO ever concieved, that every other game ever ripped off EverQuest (even ones that came before it!), and you think only the best of the best deserve to see end-game then you best stay away and let us "casuals" have our fun. Expand
  83. Oct 2, 2012
    Another solid addition to World of Warcraft. The game may have changed since the good old days, yet it still manages to entertain. Play it for what it is now, not what it used to be, and you'll have fun. Blow out the new 5 levels, run some dungeons, say hi to old friends, then park your main again for a few years till next expansion. lol This is simply the cycle of aging mmo's.Another solid addition to World of Warcraft. The game may have changed since the good old days, yet it still manages to entertain. Play it for what it is now, not what it used to be, and you'll have fun. Blow out the new 5 levels, run some dungeons, say hi to old friends, then park your main again for a few years till next expansion. lol This is simply the cycle of aging mmo's. Seriously..everyquest has 20 expansions now...and still a core base of people that play. If you don't wanna play, then dont :) WOW will never be the same game as it was, but then again..would you want it to be? Expand
  84. Sep 27, 2012
    I've played WoW since vanilla. I skipped WotLK entirely, though I've dabbled in some of the content since coming back for Cataclysm. I'm seeing a lot of 0's here, in addition to a lack of professional reviews so I'm putting in my 2 cents worth, because the 4.0 I'm seeing as the user score seems HORRENDOUSLY inaccurate. I'm only level 88, and have only quested the first 3 zones, so myI've played WoW since vanilla. I skipped WotLK entirely, though I've dabbled in some of the content since coming back for Cataclysm. I'm seeing a lot of 0's here, in addition to a lack of professional reviews so I'm putting in my 2 cents worth, because the 4.0 I'm seeing as the user score seems HORRENDOUSLY inaccurate. I'm only level 88, and have only quested the first 3 zones, so my scope is limited, but my first impression is vastly different from what I'm seeing other people (who likely have the same amount of time with the game, or less.)

Here's the bad:

This is not a perfect launch for an expansion. There have been quest bottlenecks where there are too many players and not enough mobs. Blizzard took away some very convenient features, such as mass summons, and the ability to use your flying mount while levelling, with the purpose of "allowing the player to better appreciate the world they've designed." Cross realm zones have been obnoxiously bugged, and were fixed only yesterday.

All of this is to be expected with the launch of a Blizzard MMO title. Every other launch has been exactly the same.

And guess what? All that stuff doesn't matter.

The zone design is beautiful. The storyline is full of laugh out loud moments, with all the goofy pop culture references you'd expect from Blizzard. The monster designs are unique and interesting. The atmosphere of the first few zones are lighthearted, with the pandas constantly eschewing their love of peace and food. Food is a big deal in this expansion... there's an entire town called Halfhill devoted to all the different cooking specialties you can learn, and tons of quests to do while learning. I've heard there's also a farming minigame to play as well, where you can grow your own cooking reagents? Tradeskills are exceptionally easy, from what I've heard. You could argue that they are too easy, but then, I never really had all that much fun running around farming ore or herbs or skinning back in the days of Classic and Burning Crusade WoW. I haven't stepped into the new dungeons, but I saw previews of them from back in beta, and they look like they'll fit right in with everything that's come before.

The story seems lighthearted now, but some NPC's are dropping foreboding hints at a coming darkness. The tension between horde and alliance in the quests is much more prominent than it's been in the past, and this evil force called the Sha keeps showing up. The ancient protectors of the continent are tired, and unable to tend to it on their own. And that's where we come in. I can't wait to get into these dungeons and raids and save the world once again.
  85. Oct 7, 2012
    Blizzard dish out another winner - does Pandaria re-invent the genre? Hell no. But it gives the fans exactly what they want from a WoW expansion pack. Heaps of great new content, a new class, new dungeons, new raids, and some fun new features like pet battles, scenarios and challenge modes. If you play WoW, this is great. And if you don't, a WoW expansion isn't really relevant to you, is it?
  86. Oct 30, 2012
    Dragon Soul destroyed my faith in WoW that Firelands built up. The release of MoP has made me regain some of that faith.

Questing and dailies are as grinding as always and boring, the dungeons are not terrible but at the same time they are nothing great. I am here for the raiding though and so far MoP blows Drag Soul out of the water. As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and

As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and very boring so if you want to play a game for the questing then it may not be the game for you, but I play the game solely for the raiding and this is a big improvement over Dragon Soul. It would be nice to see some sort of innovative new idea for questing, but I still give it a 9/10 for a decent opening raid.
  87. Sep 27, 2012
    If you left cause there was nothing to do in Cata check out MoP cause theres a over whelming amount of content. Reminds me a lot like the burning cruesade, also dont believe the people that give the game a zero there either GW2 fans or just haters cause this xpac is so much fun.
  88. Sep 27, 2012
    First: I really hope this gets posted with paragraphs. I swear they were in here when I submitted this thing.

This expansion is hands down the best they've ever produced. The scenery is beautiful and there's a ton to do. I even find running my own little farm to be surprisingly fun, and I usually hate that kind of thing. It's just tied together so well. They've added content for

They've added content for pretty much every kind of player; from the farm and pet battles, to a lot more daily quests (500+) for end game questing variety, to new dungeons, raids, challenge modes, battle grounds, scenarios (fun little story driven dungeons), etc etc. I've played a lot of other massive games over the last couple of years (but not GW2 so I'm not referring to that here!) and Blizzard still has the best designed quests and encounters, in my opinion. Others are getting better, and Rift is certainly great at churning out content, but when I play WoW those other games just seem unpolished by comparison. Even the combat response times are crisper. There are few things I'd like to see added, inspired by the others, but Blizzard only seems to add things after a lot of thought and testing. Programming something that works for millions of players takes time!

The biggest thing that sets Blizzard apart though is their sense of humor. There's a lot of great references in this game that made me laugh.

So that's my review; it's awesome, and you should try it. If you're burnt out on WoW it might not help, because it's still WoW; not sure why you'd expect it to suddenly be a different game. But if you just got tired of no new content being posted, well, they just posted a TON. And now my personal soap box:

I'll preface this by saying that I'm a fan of Blizzard, but I can acknowledge flaws when I do encounter them. I'm sure the game's not perfect and I just haven't played long enough to run into many flaws yet, and I'm a bit forgiving because of how good my experiences with Blizzard games have been in general.

It seems to me that the biggest problem with WoW is actually a small fraction of the player base leaving reviews and forum posts. There are a lot of negative posts that are good; I'm not talking about those. Some are justifiably upset and offer details on how to fix certain aspects that they disagree with. Most seem to expect a different game, or a system that goes the way they want without realizing there are plenty of people or balance statistics that go the other way. There's a lot of people burned out on the game that don't realize it, and they're a vocal bunch. Then you've got the faction that just thinks everything should be free to play. I imagine they don't like to work and work and not get their pay checks either; not sure why they would expect Blizzard employees to. Others seem to think this is simplified or dumbed down, when gameplay and fights are actually a bit more complex and the mechanics are introduced earlier in the quest lines. I think those people are mis-remembering how content worked in earlier expansions.

Really, if you want to make a choice about the game, play it yourself or ask some trusted friends what they think. People have different opinions. If you find you don't like it, either move on or post some constructive criticism. Try to remember that WoW is made by a bunch of PEOPLE. EA may be a greedy bunch, but the programmers and artists who craft a silly little chipmunk for you to /love are doing something they love and hoping it makes someone smile.
  89. Sep 28, 2012
    Fantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored orFantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored or unhappy with this expansion. They have put in so much to for me to do that I'll be kept busy for the next year. Two thumbs up. Expand
  90. Sep 27, 2012
    The best expansion so far, and still by far the best MMO. I've played all of the recent MMOs in the last two years. The level of innovation and fun in MoP just blows them all away. A major improvement on Cataclysm, and a must buy for MMO fans.
  91. Sep 27, 2012
    I love you Blizzard. You have brought back what I loved about World of Warcraft - the fun. This expansion got me in a way that BC and WotLK did not. Cataclysm revived alt-leveling for me, and this revived end-game for me. It looks absolutely spectacular despite the "dated" engine. Coming straight from Guild Wars 2, I must say WoW has done everything right this time - and I am back to stay.I love you Blizzard. You have brought back what I loved about World of Warcraft - the fun. This expansion got me in a way that BC and WotLK did not. Cataclysm revived alt-leveling for me, and this revived end-game for me. It looks absolutely spectacular despite the "dated" engine. Coming straight from Guild Wars 2, I must say WoW has done everything right this time - and I am back to stay. Here, take my money. Please.

And all the down-votes in here is just rediculous.
    And people wonder why nobody looks at the user-score. It's a total joke.
    0 score = fanboy of another game, and obviously some sort of adolescent jaleousy.
  92. Sep 27, 2012
    A very good game that brings the fun back into gaming for me. I love being able to group up with my friends from other realms and love the new story-driven expansion. It's very much what I love about Warcraft, intrigue, action, war, history-rich and it also has many new features I can enjoy for a long time. Thanks Blizz.
  93. Oct 2, 2012
    The quests, music and scenery are really good. The new talent and glyph setup is great.

The big drama is PVE difficulty. There is no challenge at all. Even a first dungeon run feels like a grind. It is quite literally impossible to fail.

For that I'll rate this 8, the lowest I've rated wow expansions so far.
  94. Sep 27, 2012
    Many people had preconceived notions regarding what this expansion would be like, and what it would entail. Personally, my favorite WoW expansion was Wrath of the Lich King, and my least favorite was Cataclysm, so coming into Mists of Pandaria I had mixed feelings. On one hand, it looked like many of the changes Blizzard was implementing were good for the game, fixing many of theMany people had preconceived notions regarding what this expansion would be like, and what it would entail. Personally, my favorite WoW expansion was Wrath of the Lich King, and my least favorite was Cataclysm, so coming into Mists of Pandaria I had mixed feelings. On one hand, it looked like many of the changes Blizzard was implementing were good for the game, fixing many of the problems that Cataclysm created regarding talents and gameplay. On the other hand, Pandas. Having gotten over my Pandaphobia, I ventured out into Pandaria and began my adventure. Turns out the game is still fun after 8 years, and looks absolutely stellar for its age. I've had zero issues with stability, and the dungeons, quests, and zones have been great. It's true, the monthly subscription fee is steep for an 8 year old game, but the demand is there to validate it. WoW has always been more of a social experience for me than pure game, and it's still a wonderful excuse to round up the old friends and raiders for another round of conquest and loots. Expand
  95. Oct 2, 2012
    it´s a wonderful game, my english is very bad, but i try explain it, world of warcraft with this expansion, return to its origins, it´s a great expansion
  96. Oct 10, 2012
    I personally don't understand why this game has been score-dived so heavily. Despite the hitches most expansions experience during launch, Mists of Pandaria has put World of Warcraft back on track. By removing all of the pointless number-crunching rubbish in the game and instead focusing far more heavily on enemy tactics as well as emphasising on this idea of a continuous expansion whereI personally don't understand why this game has been score-dived so heavily. Despite the hitches most expansions experience during launch, Mists of Pandaria has put World of Warcraft back on track. By removing all of the pointless number-crunching rubbish in the game and instead focusing far more heavily on enemy tactics as well as emphasising on this idea of a continuous expansion where the main continent of Pandaria reshapes over the game's lifespan, it is far, far easier to be gripped by this Exp's far more involving story. Pandaria itself looks absolutely amazing and the Pandaren, although originally a bit gimmicky, where well delivered.
    This expansion is head-over-heals better than Cataclysm and every bit as magic as TBC or WotLK when they both first launched.
  97. Sep 28, 2012
    Really don't understand all the negative. Quests are fun and very varied. Story lines are equal parts serious and funny. Zones end in big dramatic conclusions that tie together every story you've followed. The zones are gorgeous and filled with variety. The enemies each have unique attacks that keep most fights interesting. The dungeons, while brief, offer something different around eachReally don't understand all the negative. Quests are fun and very varied. Story lines are equal parts serious and funny. Zones end in big dramatic conclusions that tie together every story you've followed. The zones are gorgeous and filled with variety. The enemies each have unique attacks that keep most fights interesting. The dungeons, while brief, offer something different around each turn, even if they are somewhat derivative of previous boss fights.It's also a relief to be playing a story that is about more than just a big enemy. It's still WoW, people. You still accept quests, use abilities, turn in quest. But the shape around it has changed. Its also a massive relief to see some things condensed. I feel like Warcraft continues to evolve with my life changes, offering me new options to explore the content I don't have quite as much time for.
    Also, ignore reviews that came out at launch. This is not an expansion that can be summed up inone days worth of play.
  98. Sep 27, 2012
    I have to wonder how many of these user reviews are from the same user or companies trying to divert users to their games, cause this expansion is awesome. The music is great, the environments are awesome, and the story is interesting. The graphics may not be top of the line, but that broadens the appeal to people who can't afford uber gamer machines, and in spite of that fact,I have to wonder how many of these user reviews are from the same user or companies trying to divert users to their games, cause this expansion is awesome. The music is great, the environments are awesome, and the story is interesting. The graphics may not be top of the line, but that broadens the appeal to people who can't afford uber gamer machines, and in spite of that fact, everything is really good looking. Pandas are awesome and pet battles are supprisingly addictive. I think too many people are expecting it to be some other MMO they've played, but if they would take time to appreciate all this expansion has to offer they might actually enjoy it. Expand
  99. Sep 27, 2012
    One of the best World of Warcraft expansions ever! I have been playing WoW since the middle of Vanilla, and I can't stop playing MoP. Everything is perfect. When I first logged in after the midnight launch, the servers were really laggy. That was expected because I play on one of the most popular Alliance servers. After 2 days of leveling my professions, I started to quest. I was amazed atOne of the best World of Warcraft expansions ever! I have been playing WoW since the middle of Vanilla, and I can't stop playing MoP. Everything is perfect. When I first logged in after the midnight launch, the servers were really laggy. That was expected because I play on one of the most popular Alliance servers. After 2 days of leveling my professions, I started to quest. I was amazed at how much detail Blizzard put in to each zone and quest. Sure there are a lot of grinding quest, but Blizzard also added new quest with new objectives. Leveling from 85 to 90 takes quite a while now, but I was never bored because the quest were fun. Don't listen to all these kids who giving this expansion low ratings, they're basing their ratings on the the previous patch that came prior to MoP. It changed the talent tree, but it's not biggie. Instead of everyone having 'cookie cutter' talent specs, everyone has their own unique spec now. As a hardcore arena player, and casual pve raider, I enjoy this new talent system. Also do not pay any attention to people are saying WoW is to easy now and takes no skill. Sure, anyone can raid 10 or 25 man raids. That is why still has HEROIC 10 and 25 man raids, they offer better gear and take a lot more coordination. Vanilla was terrible and you only loved it because you were young and didn't have a job yet. This game is amazing, I'm sure Blizzard will release a trial for those who didn't upgrade yet, and when they do, you will love it. Expand
  100. Sep 27, 2012
    I am rating this high because I am generally a fan of the WoW franchise. The story and feeling of Mists of Pandaria was interesting enough to keep my hooked 85-90. Now that I am 90 there is so much to do (pet battles, dailies, achievements, heroics, scenarios, challenge modes, etc. etc.) that I am struggling to figure out how to spend my time. The new talent system has managed to giveI am rating this high because I am generally a fan of the WoW franchise. The story and feeling of Mists of Pandaria was interesting enough to keep my hooked 85-90. Now that I am 90 there is so much to do (pet battles, dailies, achievements, heroics, scenarios, challenge modes, etc. etc.) that I am struggling to figure out how to spend my time. The new talent system has managed to give people options, and in most situations there are not "cookie cutter" builds as we saw in previous iterations of the game. In the end people who enjoy the lore of Warcraft will like this expansion, and the tone it sets. Expand
  101. Oct 5, 2012

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]