4.6

1. Oct 23, 2014
    Played this game since BC, the game is designed for kids now. Everything in this game is so simple now and requires no skills at all even a monkey could play it. Do yourself a favor and buy guild wars 2.
  2. Oct 19, 2014
    Pre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They half implemented a new bag system, however, they forgot to include the most important part, assigning a bag to "Trash items"... Oh wait, nvm, trash items somehow get stored in EQUIPMENT BAGS!!! Absolutely no redeeming elements, now. Its GARBAGE!!!! Go play a better game, ffxiv, swtor, hell even ESO is better than this trash. Expand
  3. Oct 4, 2014
    For any new player thinking of giving this a go my advice is to stay away unless you want to spend endless money on a Pay to Win game.
    Once upon a time you payed your $15 a month and that was it. Now you have to pay your $15 PLUS endless micro transactions if you want to experience everything in the game.
    You pay for everything. Want a good mount - you pay. Want to change server to play
    with your friends - you pay. Want a descent pet - you pay, want a hat - you pay, lol want a haircut - you pay. Want to play a lvl 90 - you pay ($60)
    And these fees range from $15 - $60!!!!! each.
    Stay away from this money grabbing rubbish.
  4. Oct 2, 2014
    Love the game and the lore, absolutely hate the players, and the people who play it, you can get harassed and mistreated badly on this game and i would not intend on letting younger kids play it because they have a realm just for erp, which is where people have cyber sex, and it is disgusting if you do play do not go to moon guard and i would not recommend having your child being able to communicate/chat with other players at all i have played for 9 years and this game has really lost it's touch due to it's players which i would not have a problem with if the GAME MASTERS didn't treat you like a number, which they do of course because there are so many players and they don't care about you or how much money you spend, also the game is way to expensive 14.99 a month A MONTH just to be harassed and mistreated by other players... no thanks.... i stopped playing period and have found a different game to play because of the players on this game.... i do not recommend this game to younger kids or suicidal people because ... the players are so mean and disrespectful on this game that it will be the last game you ever play.

this is coming from a person who has played for 9 years.
  5. Sep 12, 2014
    Pros: N/A

Cons: "Pandaria" is obnoxious and didn't exist in the lore until Activision-Blizzard wanted to contrive another money-grubbing expansion for the game; the Panda-China theme is unneeded and annoying, and probably shows Blizzard's new market bias; the game lore was destroyed after Deathwing came back to life for the "Cataclysm expansion; highly inflationary economy; terrible
    leveling and gear systems where for example a level one character cannot even harm a level 80; each new expansion effectively resets the game, making your previous achievements through time invested worthless; game is deliberately designed like a giant money-generating hamster wheel for the players to run on, that is it rewards time invested very much and actual skill very little; once a new expansion is out, you can really no longer play the older versions of the game you had paid for.

Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Graphics 8/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 5/10, Voice Acting 5/10, Background Story 1/10, Plot Development 0/10, Realism 0/10, Gameplay 0/10, Replay Value 0/10, Game Publisher's Ethics -100/10, Total Score 0/10

Conclusion: Ignore this game instead of playing or buying it.
  6. Aug 9, 2014
    Mists of Pandaria provides a nice and enjoyable storyline and from that perspective the game is quite a bit of fun. The renovations to the class skill trees takes a bit of getting used to, but it does simplify things considerably.

Crafting this time around leaves a bit to be desired. I do like the idea of the "research" mechanism, but I believe that the patterns that you research
    should provide more "bang for the buck" so to speak. I've leveled up two professions that require the use of this research component, leatherworking and tailoring. What I have found is that there are a great deal of blue level PVP patterns that you will acquire through research. This is great for the players who are just beginning PVP, and as they acquire honor will quickly replace this gear. The downside, is that well after you have earned a full set of Purple PVP gear, your toon is still learning even more blue PVP patterns. This gets in the way of learning the PVE patterns which will be needed for PVE content (upper level dungeons, heroics and raiding). And since you can only research twice each day, this will become a very long drawn out process, and by the time you have obtained the PVE patterns you need, you may have already acquired better gear. This almost makes the crafting professions somewhat obsolete (with one major exception being the item enhancements you can craft...such as armor kits and Linings for leatherworkers and Spellthreads for tailors).

PVP, one area of the game that I enjoy since it's something I can do anytime without having to form up a group, has it's own challenges. Blizzard has been increasing the degree of Crowd Control (CC) mechanics in the game with each new release. They believe the counter for this is the "Trinket" which is a one shot every couple of minutes.. Unfortunately, when you are fighting classes with multiple CC mechanics, you are essentially locked down for the fight without the ability to actually play your character. This renders PVP for some classes the equivalent of watching a cinematic rather than actually playing the game. Unfortunately, Blizzard has consistently ignored the multitude of posts on the forums regarding this issue, and you will often find the players who play these classes responding with the out "L2P" (learn to play) response or referring to the not so helpful trinket. I've enjoyed many aspects of WOW, but I have a good feeling that as long as blizzard keeps going down this path and not addressing problems such as this (items that prevent players from playing, and therefore enjoying the game) World of Warcraft will eventually begin to fade as more and more MMOs come onto the market to steal away Blizzards thunder.
  7. Jun 5, 2014
    The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.

All that is left of this soulless game is meaningless grinding in the form of laughable "daily missions" which was Blizzard's trumphcard to try and make people come back to the game but ultimately only served to reinforce the notion that blizzard priorities income>fun instead of making genuinely fun and enjoyable products.

I can only hope that they will not also screw up Heroes of the Storm.
  8. Jun 5, 2014
    I felt like this expansion started out VERY strong. I was impressed with the story and all the zones. That is, until I finished the quests and was left with dailies. This is the first expansion that I felt had not a single fun raid boss fight. Every raid was hard and tedious for the sake of being hard and tedious, nothing was made to be fun and challenging a the same time. Hell, even the previous expansion had enjoyable fights and people complain about those being hard all the time! The sheer amount of daily grind that I had to do prevented me from fully enjoying PVP and raid content and was pushed out of raiding and PVP for the first time in any expansion. Many of my friends came back to this expansion excited but quickly left after 2 months. Failure to keep players is not the fault of the player! The community has utterly destroyed this game's enjoyment for me and I'm sure many others.
    Final thoughts; Game grinds to a painful stop once you hit 90 and have to grind (even after all the changes made), getting into normal pick up groups (what I considered to be a staple of wow raiding) is impossible due to a toxic community. The community being toxic is a strange side effect of the internet an while I can't say WOW invented the problem (it's a problem in every mmo) it ruins the game!
    At the start of the game it was going to get a 10; -2 for grinding problems -2 community -2 for ending the expansion on a grind island. -1 for being unable to keep players interested (lack of innovation?).
  9. Apr 18, 2014
    Level 1: Kill 10 boars, collect 10 apples. Level 10: Kill 10 cats, collect 8 apples. Level 30: Kill 10 ghosts, collect 6 apples. Level 80: Oh you get there from level 1 since a friend "resurrect scroll"ed you. Collect 6 apples though. Level 90: Raid same dungeon over and over and over and over.... Collect 4 apples. This game is crap. The Realm Vs Realm is crap. Each server has 1 realm with drastically more people, and they always destroy. Literally ANY game with a 3 realm system is better by far.

Don't waste your time or money.
  10. Apr 16, 2014
    Blizzard falls further and further away from the once groundbreaking and incredibly enjoyable game experience they once offered. With all the changes, this game will likely never be as good as it once was.
  11. Feb 24, 2014
    The quality of this expansion vary on where are you coming from. If you want a cheerful asian-themed MMORPG resembling Diablo III with game mechanics, then this expansion might be pretty good for you. If you played all the other expansions of WoW, you might be disappointed. If you play RPGs for story, character progression, atmosphere, immersion etc. don't even bother considering it. If you played the original WoW and TBC and have no experience with later expansions, stay away from this. WoW is no longer a game for the RPG crowd. I played this expansion briefly, finished the story-line in few days and was done with it. All the other expansions left at least some feeling in my. This one... complete hollowness. The game has become very shallow and it aims at players with no imagination, inteligence and self-respcet. One point for all what is left in the game from its original. One point for the very few people I can still meet there and have a chat with them. Expand
  12. Feb 12, 2014
    I know this game isn't exactly for adults, but I never felt that I was in a kid (targeted) game. That is until I fought a boss that consisted of a rabbit burping carrots at me while I played whack-a-mole, then I finished it off by fighting a beer monster in china town. Ugh...I can't do this any more.
  13. Jan 12, 2014
    This addon ist NOT for players who enjoy to play a variety of classes for multiple reasons. Be it crafting materials that you can only gather by playing your -one same- character but not by trading, the farming of faction reputation (per character) or daily as well as weekly duties (per character) that you have to do over and over again, unless you want to be excluded from the rest of the content due to gear level.

If you make it: still endgame is hell. Outside of raids you won't find anything that isn't dumbed down. There's just nothing to do that makes sense whatsoever. Leveling is broken (too fast, super easymode, skipping lots of content, role system broken in low dungeons because of easymode npcs). PVP is broken (item level for PVP is no competition for PVE players, no change in the world for PVP victories, no sense as of what PVP should be good for in this game). Raiding can only be done once per week due to an ID system that flags the content until reset - which is once per week. So it's like a waiting game until you're allowed to do stuff again.

I'm looking hard, really, really hard for some kindness and teamplay in this game but it's nowhere to be found so far. Because everything has been anonymized along with the dumbing down people can and will try to do everything by themselves alone - in an MMO ! Others are merely a pest or random annoyance. Gameplay favors that by cornering the classes in their roles without any way to prove useful out of that role as well as the way classes are designed: Not teamplay is relevant for everyone. It's just relevant that YOU play you OWN CLASS well enough to survive - except for healers of course who are responsible for everyone.

I can hardly put my finger on the -one thing- that is broken in that game because there's so much wrong with it now. Basically it's become a game of ego players that want the best items while looking down on all others and trying to do everything alone and/or start griefing on others.
    It's not the MMO with a kind community and teamplay that it once was. The thing is: I could put myself to use but because there's only raid content where that really matters I feel like there's no other place for me to be - except for once per week, of course.

Pandas are not the problem with that addon. Just another race added. The problems are broken mechanics everywhere, a world that has content added to it, one addon at a time while the previous content is basically dead and a community that is merely centered around endgame and toxic behaviour because the game has become so boring that this is the most interesting thing that one can actually do.

I had to take a break at the end of the previous addon, "Cataclysm", because it was long overdue to release new story content aka the next addon which took quite a long time. I waited some time after MoP before I started so that I could start my question without facing overrun zones with harsh competition but still there was just no place for me to be. As tank or healer I don't have any good options outside of instanced content. So I am forced to play a damage based class outside - or I play my -one- raid per week. Below the raiding difficult there is only very shallow instanced content and nothing that matters in the outside world.

Just no fun. Add toxic people, have your Wow experience. That's how it is.

Take this rating as a 3/10 instead of a 4/10 if you play on those servers that have technical problems quite frequently or such a low Horde / Alliance population that the auction house and guilds are quite empty.
  14. Jan 12, 2014
    I played it for 8 years and I was, at different times, role-player with quests, profession farmer, gold farmer, explorer, serious raider and a sad veteran in the end. Its just not what it used to be. I put some things that players might remember or want back:

1) Mounts became useless and easy to get, you can summon and wait EVERYTHING. You pet may get one any of these days.
    Professions are easy and good for I don't know what anymore...
    3) You may get lvl 90 without questing and using LFG/LFR easily
    4) Epic items are easier to get when compared to common and uncommon. The hardest to find are the gray items that we use to sell when questing.( prove is that enchanting mats from epics most times are the cheapest available in AH)
    5) Classic dungeons are so dead...
    6) The old expansions have no value AT ALL. They are needed because they are pre-requisite for the new one. The old raids have no real value.
    7) Old areas have no real value, they are totally dead
    8) World pvp for resources, dungeon summon, fun are GONE forever...
    9) BARRENS CHAT is no more...
    10) STV pvp have vanished...
    11) Auction house, well... I won't even comment...

That's it...we need to wait for the next real good MMO, because right now there is no heir to WoW in the market.
  15. Sep 25, 2013
    Each WoW expansion has felt like a watered down version of the one before it. The complexity that made the game great is gone, pandering instead to the lowest common denominator player.
  16. Jul 11, 2013
    Throughout the beta for this game, you could tell there was something 'off' about it, there was a lack of direction and the game as a whole has been left in odd, unsavory parts.

Whilst they have rectified the errors made in cataclysm by adding more endgame content, they have further reduced the leveling time and now they want to bring an ingame shop with which to buy further EXP
    bonuses, so you never actually see more than half of a zone before you are rushed off.

The Endgame content is lacking, and all though the raids are plenty, Blizzard is making fights more and more complex, which doesn't necessarily mean a more interesting counter but more of a tedium to learn and do. There has only been 1 additional raid release throughout it's 3 patches, with a 2nd coming in 5.4, and the fact that it is almost over after 1 year of release, makes you wonder whether they are pushing out a greater quantity of content rather than a select of quality content. They have added a new raiding system, which is an improvement, but it still feels like a huge 'drop-off' point for players who want to raid, as you can still get 0 loot from your raid finder, or normal raid, and as soon as you get gear that out-scales the raid finder's current loot available to you, you can't help but feel that it becomes a pointless waste of your time. Blizzard have removed the daily quest limit, so instead of paying careful attention to which faction you'd like to make some friends with, you basically have no reason to not spend 3 hours doing them all at once, which feels very overwhelming and necessary to retain an edge in the game. Challenge mode dungeons are underplayed, and are still pretty much ignored on the whole.

New features such as the Tiller's farm and Pet battles added some interesting flavor and value to the game, but they quickly lose their novelty and your farm seems like more of a chore, and pet battles just lose any sort of charm after you get beaten by an enemy-troll team.

In conclusion, I think that Mists of Pandaria cured the bane of players, which was nothing to do, but now instead overfaces them with too much.

Graphics wise it is fine, not a gem, but it's not really a 'graphics' orientated game.
  17. Jun 15, 2013
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.

AND even now it still costs 20 to migrate 1 character I have 10 character so it would cost me 200 to migrate them all to other server. And reason why this is a problem for me is that my server died around Cataclysm times .

If im lucky there will be 2-3 alliance in Tol'Barad battle At best gametime there might be 35-45 90 lvl.s online. And yet we get no free migrate out of the server .

Blizzard doesent give a about they'r fans Migrate costing 20 just proves it.
  18. May 28, 2013
    I fear MOP is a reflection of when the whining masses get their own way. Let me be up front and state this: just because people want something in a game, does not mean it's good game design.

Do you remember when tanking and healing used to take skill and some forethought? You won't find that here. Healers cannot go OOM and tanking takes very little attention.

Characters have
    become very homogenized and the differences between the classes are small.

Blizzard cannot balance PVP. This is the worst pvp I've played in any wow game. Sure, people used to get gibbed in vanilla, but at least you could see it coming most of the time IE stuck in a seduction while a warlock fired up a soulfire with a 6 second cast. Combine this with boatloads of instant CCs and instant heals and instant everything else and I'm left wondering who finds pvp fun anymore?

Many of the raid fights I've been in had hard enrage timers. Many fights aren't about mechanic mastery, but about pumping out as much dps as you can. This made for some of the most boring boss battles I've done yet, and the most frustrating.

Blizzard has taken an approach to eliminate all aspects of socialization or need to communicate and coordinate. Why CC a mob? Looking for raid is pants on head stupidly easy. No longer is there any mystique because all raids are cleared on day 1 with a raid full of people who don't communicate and are not punished for standing in the fire the whole fight. How is this even a game? There is no challenge to be found here. Just because I'm a casual player doesn't mean I want to be treated like someone who has never seen a computer before.

Grinding has been replaced with daily quests. Remember how in vanilla or TBC you could log on and go kill mobs for drops to get rep with the scryers or timbermaw? Yes, it was a grind, but what we're offered in place of this is daily quests. Now the ability to accumulate rep is throttled instead of being something you could do on your own time! Just because it's a daily quest doesn't mean it is not a grind. You are still killing mobs or picking up items. I miss being able to farm twilight texts and selling them to other players who wanted their rep grind quickly. I also miss how grinding mobs in an area for drops usually meant players were going to be in the same area for a while and provided good opportunities for PVP.

Cross realm zones have ensured that the low level crafting materials are going to be extremely rare. This is opposed to the mop lvl zones where you literally cannot go 2 seconds without seeing another resource node to loot. Have fun lvling that new character's trades!

I'll conclude by saying that I stand in the group that firmly believes Vanilla and especially TBC were the pinnacle of wow. I still play on a private vanilla wow server and I find it infinitely more enjoyable than mop. It is not the nostalgia factor at all as many mop supporters would like to think. Wow used to be simple to learn and hard to master. It used to require team work, communication, and some struggling which just made the rewards that much more enjoyable to get. There used to be a reason to go out into the world, and you could make real rivalries and get a reputation for yourself. Blizz made wow so people who want to be anonymous jerks or are really bad at the game are able to accomplish just as much as everyone else in the same span of time without ever leaving the main cities. There is no challenge to be had here. This is the last Blizzard game I will ever purchase (I said that when I got D3 and I should have stuck to my guns). The worst part is that much of the community supports the direction WOW is going so I really do think we are going to see WOW fizzle out and die because the people who made the community good, enjoyed a challenge, and didn't want everything handed to them on a silver platter have been alienated.

The few good things, challenge modes, and improved graphics, are the only pros I can think of. Even challenge modes though are just a race against the clock however and only provide aesthetic rewards. Not worth coming back for IMO.
  19. Apr 28, 2013
    I've seen WoW slowly go down the drain. Pretty soon you'll pick a character and all the abilities will be picked for you and you'll have no choice. I can't believe people actually still play this.
  20. Apr 17, 2013
    Remember when the game was rewarding, and made ditching your girlfriend because it was a raid night and it would take at least 4 hours to get through it okay? Well now you just feel like an idiot, because there is no longer any point to play for more than 2 minutes a day. That is all the time you need to level cap, get geared up, and rape some bosses.

Remember how there was a sense of
    individualism in customizing your character by paving the way each and every level, learning a new trick that goes with the way you play? Blizzard to a dump on that idea and fed to their dogs by destroying the talent trees, and giving every ability you will EVER use at level 10. By the time you are 90 your face will be bruised, because that is all you need to use to play this game. Just smash your face on the keyboard and everything before you will die.

This game sucks, end of story. The ONLY reason I give it a 3 instead of a 0 is because leveling from 85 to 90 wasn't so bad. Its just, when I reached the endgame content (which is where WOW used to truly shine) I said to myself "this game blows massive donkey boner". And that was the end of my experience.
  21. Apr 3, 2013
    Crappy expansion, same old game with more pandas! Only fans and people with mental issues would enjoy this game. NOT RECOMMENDED! Graphics have been the same since the first release, it's time for a better graphics.
  22. Mar 29, 2013
    I played world of warcraft since about 2006, stopping on occasions when it got boring between expansions. I like the questing experience, the story, the cutscenes etc. Over time, WoW has gotten much better with the cutscenes, but this is not necessarily implemented effectively. the idea of the world changing, characters walking around and interacting, etc that is GOOD. but when it change to a situation where the cutscene is scripted by the server and it does not wait for your computer to load the world and characters, the cutscene can lose any and al impact that it may have otherwise had. This is the issue that has made me decide to stop playing Mists of Pandaria. although it pains me a great deal to do so, I have to do it because while the story and ideas are good, the way it is presented is so bad, that it upsets me to play it. You could call this incredibly poor choice in programming or system design, and is just one of many poor choices. There is also the decision to tie the graphics engine into the internet connection speed so that if you are lagging, your display becomes choppy. for people with intermittent connections, this makes playing the game almost impossible. lag can be dealt with. sometimes a monster might be slow attacking. that is not the end of the world. but when you cannot run forwards because of the stuttering, you know something is seriously wrong with the game. I had quit WoW for good, but decided to come back for MoP. unfortunately that meant i had to go through all the same areas for the 5th time. This is another massive flaw in the game. having to repeat the same actions over and over again, is not my idea of fun. but anyhow, I had decided to play MoP. I had spent all this time getting to the content I had actually paid for, and now it is nearly un-playable. this has become a colossal waste of my money and time. to say I am feeling upset is a gross understatement. Expand
  23. Mar 13, 2013
    Blizzard: "Let's copy/paste our previous expansions and give it a new look and slightly tweaked mechanics! That way we can get as much money as possible without working on improving the game at all!" MoP is just the same old wow with a new wrapping and unjustified hype. WoW will never be the great game it once was again.
  24. Mar 13, 2013
    I played WoW for about 7 years. Getting on board about a month after the launch of the Burning Crusade. The game was incredibly different then. The world was more alive, and there was a lot of user generated content. From PvP raids, world PvP, world PvE, community events etc... There were groups of strangers always finding something to do. It was more social, which is what kept me playing for so long. However about mid way through Wrath of the Lich King came the LFG (Looking For Group) tool. That allows players to queue, and will automatically assemble a group. Indeed, it takes out all the pain of trying to assemble a group yourself, but the tool caused less people to be in the world. The interaction among players dwindled. Being that the other players are on different realms the communication is minimal, with maybe a ""hi" and "thanks for the group." Towards the latter Cataclysm, they implemented LFR (Looking for Raid), similar to LFG, it exacerbated the same problems that came with LFG. Beyond these issues, Mists of Pandaria, is rather repetitive. Since player generated content has vanished, unless you're an role-player, the only things left to, and not necessarily in a negative sense just a precise sense, you'll do quests to level to cap, once there you'll really be left with only two options. You'll either run battlegrounds to achieve honor points which will be spent on items that will make you more powerful, or you'll end up battling the "random" number generator in dungeons to obtain the gear you need to raid were you'll repeat the cycle. You'll also end up doing weeks of daily quests just to spend the currency you're obtaining while running dungeons. It can be misleading. It'll appear that there is plenty to do at "endgame" but will boil down to raiding, or instanced PvP. With the LFR, and LFG the game feels very lobby based now. Lack of reason to go into the world, and little user generated content leaves everyone waiting around for the next patch. Expand
  25. Mar 4, 2013
    I was originally very excited for the expansion having been a loyal player. I was sourly disappointed. The novelty of the new land quickly wears off and it all begins to look the same. I was bored by level 87 from all the green. They modified the game for simplicity but went too far with it. There is not much skill involved. The pandas only have one viable heal until level 40...well, level 80 in my opinion. They didn't fix the laginess. There is no proper raiding or PVP anymore. Any average joe can mash buttons to win. The dumbing down of the game has put me off. Many of my loyal friends are now leaving the game behind for something new (or left a while ago) and I'm a little sad and nostalgic leaving it behind. WoW is simply not the same game it was; their new playerbase of dumbed down, button mashing kids will take over the game for a while. Expand
  26. Feb 27, 2013
    If you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has just as much meaning as anyone else's. Obviously you guys are judging this game on the new content (because it's awful). Max level heroics are a joke. The raids are boring, the pvp is pathetic, and the endgame is terrible. This is the worst mmo, with the worst endgame, and for a mmo endgame is where it counts for a small portion of players, many players feel that it's the journey not the destination that counts (the journey in WoW is equally as terrible as the endgame). The facts are this, if you liked raiding or pvp in ANY of the previous WoW expansions than this is a step backwards. The raids are laughably easy even on their heroic modes and would only be challenging to a small child (small children are obviously who this expansion was made more). Expand
  27. Feb 15, 2013
    It's definitely better than the ill-advised Cataclysm expansion, but the damage is done and the game is now too old for redemption; it has Blizzard's seal of quality all over it, it's top-notch until you realize you don't know why you're still playing this dated game at all. There's better stuff out there, just let go already.
  28. Feb 9, 2013
    The economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing until they can release their next pile-of-turd MMO known as Titan. Being disappointed far enough by Diablo 3's "Pay 2 Win" auction house I will give everyone this advice from now on: Stay the hell away from Blizzard's new products. They aren't themselves anymore. R.I.P Expand
  29. Feb 7, 2013
    I've been a WoW subscriber since vanilla(first WoW release pre expansion pack for those unfamiliar) and kept holding on waiting for it to return.......it's not and I feel like a fool for dumping tons of cash into Blizzards pockets while waiting. MoP has been the slap in the face I needed to wake up and bail out. Honestly the Pandas weren't THAT bad(remember Hero Class? lol) but the dumbing down of the game just to draw in a new generation of subscribers had to be the worst move in this company's WoW history. Talents mean nothing now....dps classes are catered to on a ridiculous level(I play a tank and managed to hit 90 and probably got about 3-4 non related quest reward drops for my tank in dungeons vs. 700-800 dps drops) and don't even get me started on pvp......everyone has every ability now...WHAT? Blinks, Vanishes, CC's, Fears, Stuns.........I get angry just thinking about it. Now the only point in playing is to log in and do your 12 hours of daily rep grinding so you can get a profession pattern that is outgeared by a piece of raid finder gear you can get in a tiny fraction of the time. And for what...... to grind more daily quests. Ugh! I just can't even think of recommending this game to anyone anymore and it frustrates me to no end. You've gone from #1 Blizzard to.....#2.....literally. Expand
  30. Jan 28, 2013
    This is the worst MMO out there, the worst wow expansion. Its crap, don't buy it , its the most dumbed down version of wow and it will be worse. Blizzard has killed wow and made it for kids.
  31. Jan 17, 2013
    This game has been so dumbed down it's ridiculous. Once again blizzards philosophy of "my way or don't play at all" has driving away fans yet again. The 6 talent system had so much criticism when it was first announced in cata, and yet they went with it anyways. Low pop servers continue to suffer. Class imbalance rampant like always. Truly horrible.
  32. Jan 8, 2013
    I may look like a simple hater by giving this game a 0, but it is entirely justified. This "expansion" is an example of Blizzard's greed and disrespect for their best franchise. They killed off all the major characters and gave them obnoxious canon backstories, thus completely destroying everything Warcraft III could have lead to. All the villains got killed off unceremoniously by "a group of heroes", and now that they have no more characters to spit on so they could make money, they turn an April Fools joke into an "expansion". I say "expansion" because it isn't really an expansion to WoW, as it is to Cataclysm. Cataclysm changed WoW so much it is basically an entirely new game. But by making it an expansion, Blizzard forces people to play it if they want WoW, as they would ignore it if it were a separate game. It started plunging WoW into a pit of casual gaming, and Mists of Pandaria does that even further, and like Cataclysm, makes old content people worked hard for - obsolete and useless. This blatant, disrespectful money-maker is an insult to Warcraft and an insult to everyone who ever paid to play World of Warcraft. I'd rather give my money to EA. Instead of focusing on fixing this and working on Warcraft IV, they keep butchering the canon so much that such a game will soon be impossible. Kudos to you, Blizzard, I hope you enjoy your money. Collapse
  33. Jan 7, 2013
    The reason people are giving Pandaria zeros is because it's terrible. I wish I could give it a negative score because it really is that bad. WoW is ruined.
  34. Jan 2, 2013
    Do you know why WoW was popular once? Did you feel it? Did you try the game when it came out in 2005? Did you then try this new one? Did you feel the difference? You would pay every single coin you got in your bank if they gave us back the first WoW game... this one is not WoW in my opinion and it's never going to be WoW again. WoW kept you addicted for YEARS and you would feckin love it. In 2005 you just need the World of Warcraft Classic and nothing else for your PC. It would take you MONTHS to level up your character and HOURS to earn money for good gear. THAT WAS REALISTIC. You can't describe it in words. If you didn't try the WoW Classic, Burning Crusade or Lich King you just missed the biggest chance you could ever have in this world. You couldn't get enough. I'm not a nerd :D but that game was not just a MONSTER, it was a BEAST... why? Because this game was full fun in a way it couldn't stop... it just couldn't. People were hangin around pups and drinking beer together, they were hanging around the mountains doing quests at night and eating food together.. they were communicating in a way you couldn't explain. It was good addiction. The game was FULL of gear and stuff. You could even be a workaholic because you need the money that bad to buy gear, mounts, food and much more. I loved this game. They every SINGLE detail of this game from start to scratch. That's why it isn't WoW in my opinion anymore. Why remove something your customers actually liked? Why not develope what they already pay for... the LOVE it... it's great. They just created an entire new game and called it WoW but that's not the game we once liked... that's just a totally new product. Expand
  35. ZDZ
    Jan 1, 2013
    WoW is now only people for people who lack the intelligence to play a decent mmorpg, or who are just really bad at games in general. I would say Pandaria might be good for small children, but the community is terrible. I know it's "cool" to love Blizzard and support everything they do, but Pandaria is just awful through and through. People are only giving this 10s because it's WoW, and it's cool to like crappy old games (kind of like how it's "cool" to drink cheap beer). You would be hard pressed to find an mmo worse than WoW at this point, unless you're one of those people who refuses to play any other game besides WoW. On a positive note, this game can run on REALLY old computers due to the laughably bad graphics. Expand
  36. Jan 1, 2013
    Everything about this expansion is terrible. From the lame Pandas to the mind numbingly boring quests. This game is a joke. They dumbed down the game so much it's now aimed at little kids. There are so many better mmorpgs out there for adults nowadays. It feels embarrassing playing wow so most people are quitting.
  37. Dec 30, 2012
    Lets cut straight to the issue. Wow was once a game for adults, based on a great story. Pandaria is a childrens game produced by second rate game designers (top ones are working on titan). I used to be addicted to Wow, so i can only thank blizzard for releasing me from my chains and saving me £10 a month. The only reason to play this game is if you are a child who enjoys trolling chat channels and facerolling quests. Next expansion will be Wow: In the night garden....... what a joke......... Expand
  38. Dec 28, 2012
    This is a game for little kids.
    Full of cartoony things,they removed real talents,gave nothing to the storyline,ni epicness.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0.
    i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without
    storyline.I hoped the realise and fix their mistakes of cataclysm,but 2bad they ruined 2 games,only starcraft franchise remains,and they made me not buy that after what they did with diablo and wow.
    thanks for reading have fun on cracked servers or **** up yourself with pandas playin pokémon.
  39. Dec 23, 2012
    I unsubed from the game yesterday and its running out today. I will not be returning to WOW again. Why? Because I dont play games that consider waiting in queues for more than an hour to be the best way to gate content. Thats not acceptable and every 10 mins of waiting lowers the score I give the game by 1. So... 4 it is.
  40. Dec 21, 2012
    I have been loyal to blizzard since Pre-BC. I loved BC. WotLK...that's when I stopped.

However, CatA came out and I said "Hey why not!" It was an entirely different world of warcraft. When I was 15 - I said "LFG VC!" No one knew what I was talking about. It wasn't until an older player messaged me saying "umm..he's dead." and gave me a full run down of the new WoW. Leveling up to
    85...I was shocked at how easy tanking was now. It was pathetic! People would storm into mobs and not care about aggro! It was going against everything I learned! Remember "tanking" lessons back in Pre and BC? Yeah - apparently that went out the window in WotLK. Remember good old Nax? It was floating in the air!!! Ok, so I got to 85, did the entire "gear thing" which was REALLY easy (seriously). I was disappointed...then Pandas. Ok. Blizzard said it's fixed things and made things fun.

I will NEVER EVER play a blizzard game again! I do not trust them! D3 was a disaster...but this panda BS is terrible! The community is rotten, the gameplay is good for a 5 year old, and RP is dead.
  41. Dec 20, 2012
    Came back to play after being away since TBC. Early WoTL content was fun i suppose but Cataclysm felt like a dumbing down and now even more so with MOP I tried MOP till level 87 and grew incredibly bored. The focus on gear and removal of many game mechanics makes the game so dry. For some reason I was uninterested in exploring any of the zones, possibly because of the lack of a interesting story (or any story rather). The whole thing feels pointless. In the early days I found it fun exploring the zones you knew existed from previous warcraft games and got to learn about the people and it all felt like it tied so well together. This expansion is just fodder. I wish I could get a refund. Expand
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    WoW is dead to me Blizz refuses to accept Cross Realm Zones are the worst features they have ever implemented, not only for the ganking and griefing it is causing, there's also a huge lag since CRZ implementation wich never happened before the implementation of this infamous feature.
    I have heard that attunements in BC were frustrating but the level of grind with dailies rhis expansion
    brought has no comparison, and even tough they may be "optional", they are only if you don´t want to have any progression with your character.
    The most alt unfrienly exp that has ever been made, much needed resources to adress WoW critical issues wasted on the development of cheap copies of pokemon (pet battles) and farmville (tillers faction).
  43. Dec 18, 2012
    I concluded to buy MoP. I started fresh, levling was boring as always. When i came to pandaria i was at first extremly impressed. This feeling was short, as i progressed it grew less and less fun. When i dinged 90 i was so happy that the levling was finally was over (was extremly easy). I thought that it would be thons of things to do in lvl 90. But i found nothing fun. There is no world pvp in this game anymore. They try to get people out in the world by indirectly forcing them to do it. The dailiy quests suck and are extremly easy. Everything in the game is extremly easy and doesn't give any kinds of competition. PvP is also broken. Battlegrounds are full of botters. The battlegrounds are also destroyed, some by the players and some by blizzard. Though bgs have been destroyed for a while now it has gotten even worse. I actually spent thons of time walking around looking for something to do. Everything is about farming. Me and some friends also made a guild. We got about 50 active players before my friends starting transfering/faction changing to the alliance. My server was like 5% horde and 95% alliance. It was also "full". Pve content is also extremly easy. Community is destroyed. Bgs have been turned into zerging fiest. The idea of Pandas weren't that bad, but you screwed it up Blizzard.
    The thing that made me finally quit was when i saw thons of blue posts on the forum where people were complaining about different problems like unbalanced servers, destroyed bgs and more. The problem was that most of the posts were about 1-3 years old and are stil extremly popular topics. It shows that even though Blizzard promise to fix problems they wont do **** Also anounced that they are never going to make vanila,tbc,wrath servers since "they were looking forward". Why look forward, when everyone loves their previous stuff and hate their new content? It's time to look back. Blizzard, you screwed up.
  44. Dec 18, 2012
    Tons of BORING dailies to remain competitive.
    Dailies, Dailies, Dailies, all the way Dailies, again Dailies for rep, Dailies for epics, Dailies for extra loot coins, Dailies for recipes, Dailies to cook, Dailies for titles, Dailies for Mounts. Dailes to unlock factions.

DAILIES SUCK!
  45. Dec 15, 2012
    With each expansion this game is getting worse. I think that WoW should be finished on Lich King. Mists of Pandaria show a much lower level of quality. In such a way, Blizzard even ignored the plot and story of the game. They started doing some nonsense content, indirectly related to the history of the game, like pandas.
  46. Nov 26, 2012
    Been a loyal Warcraft member since day 1. This xpac made me cancel my subscription for the first time. The game has been turned into nothing more then daily quests which are WAY too repetitive. The whole pet battles thing also seems very immature. The game always seemed to be more of a live action puzzle the way every class had unique abilities and encounters were designed. Now every class has every ability with a slight variation to make it feel "unique." The pandas make an already borderline cartoonish game way too cartoony. I'm 29 so maybe I'm just getting too old. I don't know. Expand
  47. Nov 20, 2012
    At first I found it good because it was way better then Cata.
    However it's completely destroyed at high levels by the awful daily quest grinds that are a grief fest, a bore fest and an annoying mechanics fest. Blizzard is also cheap on the rewards, with dirty moves like no flying while dead.
    I find myself getting angry each evening while doing these crap daily quests.
    Nothing good to
    expect from Blizzard any more after Cataclysm, Diablo 3 and now this. Expand
  48. Nov 19, 2012
    More time consuming than ever, unrelatable and weak storyline, and just aggravating... I loved the game before even Cata was ok but MOP is just a grind fest. Unsubscribed and won't be coming back
  49. Nov 15, 2012
    I just wanted to say World of Warcraft is dead, I loved you from the first moment I installed you on my computer back in the days of Molten core 40s and UBRS 10s, some of the funniest gaming days of my life the dungeon sets the Grand marshals, the fear of seeing someone with sulfuras hand of ragnaros charging towards you in warsong gulch, the STV ganking the ganking when trying to get into SM, THE GANKING OHHHH THE GANKING it made you rage but it wasn Expand
  50. Nov 7, 2012
    World of Daily Questcraft. WoW has devolved into a rep grind. What started out as Shattered Sun daily quests in The Burning Crusade where one could do them all in an hour, now dailies have evolved into a 3 to 4 hour grind (depending on server and if you are doing them at peak time). Other than that, the story arc is the same as the last 2 expansions: 1. New world is discovered, 2. Alliance and Horde compete for colonization, 3. A great evil awakens to threaten the very fabric of existence, and 4. Blizzard takes a year rolling out the content to save the world in 2 to 4 content patches before they announce another expansion to reset the cycle. Do not buy! You won't have time to enjoy this game unless you are unemployed and on welfare. This game has become a job. Expand
  51. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing it since it's release and it's really boring for someone who is new to the game. It has too much "questing" collecting things and getting reputation, something that is not Warcraft and it's not fun at all. I'm still trying to understand what's so interesting about this game, what keeps the player base in it, but it's only the "item race" to get the best items on the game before someone does. It doesn't worth 15USD every month or paying for the Battlechest + Mist of Pandaria if you could get a lot of fun from other games that are cheaper and interesting (like GTAV, COD, GW2, etc.). For a game that is supposed to fell like a MMO it fells like a Facebook game.
    The story line is really childish focused on young audience, I don't even recommend it for young children because of the addictive level the game has. So far, the worst game to play right now.
  52. Nov 6, 2012
    Is it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game is NOTHING like what it once was. Classic, and Burning Crusade looking back feel like and are a totally different game. It seems like their idea of business is to take your money and for you to shut up. I even tried to give my account to my girlfriend so she didn't haft to buy it. She wanted the account name changed to hers. Customer Service told me we needed to submit 2-3 copies of each of our LEGAL Identification to get a name change. What is this? Here in the US to vote for a President you don't even haft to show ONE piece of ID. LOL and this is for a VIDEO GAME account. But, that didn't end there. The client then proceeded to threaten to ban my account since letting her have/play it was a violation of the EULA. As a BIG leader in the gaming industry i expected more. Collecting millions and billions if revenue a year, they would be the most polished company on earth. But to assume that, you would be DEAD wrong. Expand
  53. Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah Kung-Fu Panda... seriously? Blizzard it's time to show the world your project titan.

World of Warcraft has a special place in my heart, and I was thrilled by the original, Burning Crusade too, but then it started to loose it's self, and this expansion only proves the point.
  54. Nov 3, 2012
    New expansion - it's a joke! You grind more than ever - reputation, justice/valor points etc... You still have the same stupid quest types - kill xxx mobs, gather xxx plants, save and escort xxx npc's... New class - "yeah! let's make it overpowered and nerf all the other classes, so every raid must have a monk!" The glitches from previous expansions still aren't fixed - when gathering quest items, You still have a chance that mobs won't drop it for 1h, eventually dropping more than needed in quest. Personal loot tables? Yeah, right... LFR = no loot at all, 10/25man - there still is a chance that boss will drop something for a class/spec that isn't even in the raid group! Too bad Blizzard again serves us reheated meat instead of cooking something new, especially when Guild Wars 2 showed how new MMORPG should look like. It seems like Blizz just want to make MMORPG for casuals - easier talent trees, "legendary weapon for all" and expanding LFR (item upgrades coming in 5.1) so that players won't cry when their items will have Raid Finder addition in tooltip and giving purple items for everyone - now raid level items from quests! Guild Wars 2 - new, fresh look at MMORPG and questing/grinding playstyle, WoW: MoP - the same things that was in earlier expansions, but made easier for casual players, and not so rewarding and demanding like, in example, ICC/Ulduar - for semi- and full hardcore players. Expand
  55. Oct 31, 2012
    I played wow since TBC in chunks of a few months and stopped playing when Cata came out. Cata alienated the game world to me. Everything became streamlined and useless. The worgens on the alliance side were an insult. Then GW2 came out, i tried it and liked it until the first instance - it was a mess, so I dropped GW2 on the same day i went to the first instance. Then pandaria comes out, and i bought the expansion and 1-month subscription "just to check it out". Well, did 2 zones (Jade forest and Valley of 4 winds), created a female panda monk character and deleted it immediately because it looked like a fat ugly woman. I simply hate all this new asian content. It's completely out of place and worst of all, the whole expansion is about China. You can't skip it, you can't avoid doing the zones or quests related to China. It's just China everywhere, there is nothing else. Also, the game got even easier than it was before. So, why should i level up the character? What would i find at level 90? Same heroics, than raids, chaotic bgs and arenas where i will always lose because i don't have the gear. And all that now in the chinese setting... This game is gone, Wow died when Cata came out. The painful part for me as a gamer is that WoW will still earn money, but from the different audience now, from the same people who play farms and buy seeds and potions for real money on mobile platforms. This is a new generation of players. They are dumb, lazy and don't see games as challenge or mental exercise. Blizzard is just adapting to them. Pretty soon there will be no place for us "old farts". This all just makes me feel old. The funny part is that this "dumbing" did not start just recently. Even my generation is dumber than the one of my parents. So, lets see where we come in 20 years from now. Kids of our kids will see Pandaria as an impossibly hard game. Expand
  56. Oct 27, 2012
    This game is just a re-hash. Boring grindfest to nothingness.
    WoW Pandaria and Diablo 3 has nailed the coffin for blizzard. I regret purchasing this game.
  57. Oct 24, 2012
    It seems that wow new extension is going in the wrong direction, many of the fun is lost by oversimplified skills ans systems, and the original feeling of warcraft is lost to me. I feel like playing a different game, but an old one. The only good point is that wow is still a good place to meet many of my friends, but not much to enjoy the game. I suggest that blizzard go for a wow2 with new graphics and back to orc vs humans rather than stretching the warcraft fluff. Expand
  58. Oct 21, 2012
    I saw a blog post the other day from another MMO developer which talked about how you shouldn't make drastic changes to an MMO after launch, specifically on 'streamlining' the experience. In it, he talks about changes that individuals felt were necessary, but wound up contributing to his game's ultimate decline and demise. That dev was Dan Rubenfield, writing about the NGE patch for Star Wars: Galaxies. Now, 5.0 wasn't on the level of NGE, but over the years, things have begun to accumulate that make me question the necessity. The most obvious is the talent point system. Mechanically, it works and I understand why they did it. It is actually nice to be 'viable' regardless of the spec you choose. However, A) you are making choices for your character every 20 levels as opposed to every 2 levels, taking a lot out of the feeling of excitement for levelling up. B) oftentimes it is difficult to decide not because things are so good, but because nothing really appeals to you. C) the change did absolutely nothing to get rid of cookie cutter builds. D) things are seriously, seriously unbalanced - it's like they didn't listen to the beta testers. Another terrible decision was the inclusion of Cross Realm Zones (CRZ). Currently these only affect pre-MoP areas, but they have introduced a host of new bugs and issues, including lag spikes which crash your connection and auto-dismount when crossing zone borders. I play on a full server, and I was blown away when I learned I would have to share space with not only people from my server, but at least 5 other high population servers! Quest mobs are constantly camped, and on pvp servers there is constant ganking by high level players. Absolutely terrible decision. You now get Valor Points for dailies, which on the surface seems like a possibly good change, until you realize rewards for running heroic dungeons are cut in half, and you can only get full rewards once a day. This essentially means daily quests are mandatory, forever. I am not able to play 24/7, so the idea of doing 30+ daily quests every day really turns me off. Anyway, this review isn't so much about Pandaria as it is about the changes that came out in 5.0. I struggled with scoring it because content wise, MoP is ok if a bit lackluster. There wasn't anything that blew my mind in MoP like there was in previous expansions, and the "new features" (pet battles, scenarios) feel tacked on. You will run 4 dungeons while levelling 85-90, then find only 2 new, heroic-only dungeons at 90 (the rest are heroic versions of vanilla dungeons - ugh). I don't like to be a 'sky is falling' type person, but the only thing that can kill WoW is WoW itself, and dammit, they're trying. I don't believe I will be renewing my subscription. Expand
  59. Oct 18, 2012
    18OCT2012 - What else can I say about this expansion except Truly Awful. The kung fu pandas are way over the top to the point of being unbearably obnoxious. The panda characters and animations look stupid and clunky. Their voice acting is borderline offensive Asian stereotype. As expected, Blizzard pulled their usual lame tricks and recycled old content over and over. Very little is actually original work. Thankfully most of the Kung Fu Panda land is accessible on a trial account which saved me from purchasing this awful piece of garbage. If there was ever any doubt that Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing anymore, this expansion is proof of it. Don't trust the "professional" reviews here on metacritic because they're often paid to write a good review. I doubt any of them even know what World of Warcraft is nor how low Blizzard has sunk. Expand
  60. Oct 15, 2012
    My 3 rl friends and my entire guild quit because of this expansion. Blizzard really screwed up this time. Panda world sucks even worse than cataclysm. I never had a problem with pandas before but they look soooo stupid in this game.
  61. Oct 15, 2012
    First: a copy of Asia in WoW? That's not cut, that's not creative - that's simply cheap. Same with the whole armory. Compared to the gear and level design in Cata, MoP is simply crap. Next thing: the talent "tree". That's no tree at all. It even doesn't have talents. It's just choosing 6 skills. Some of them are pretty cool, many are just copies of old talents - the real ones. That sucks. Next: the PVP. They all call it the "PVP Addon". Did anyone of these guys even play PVP in GW2? WoW never was a PVP-MMO and it never will be one. PVP boring as always. Last: the endgame content. Well, the only reason I give 2 Points for: it's a bit harder to beat. But I bet they will patch it easier, as they always did. I really loved WoW, but it's old and boring now. The world and the whole gameplay are so stiff like an 90 year old guy and its simply ridiculous how WoW tries to copy GW2 and other MMOs with it's scenarios and Pokemon stuff. That's simply cheap. Expand
  62. Oct 14, 2012
    Ok, I may lose credibility right off the bat for saying this, but pandas? really? I know they were in the warcraft games, but they were barely even covered. Why go this route when there are so many other options available, such as the emerald dream, or what happened to alleria and turalyon? Or we could have even fought sargeras and it still would have been more plausible than this BS. My second issue is that this "new" continent is just a reskinned northrend, there is no originality here people. Third, the talent tree changes are just bad, it throws off what balance the classes had, meaning that there is no class balance anymore. Fourth, the community blows ass now, it was bad in cata, but it's even worse here, and when a community sucks in a game which requires massive cooperative effort, you've got a serious **** problem. Fifth, the game brings nothing new to the table, it's just more of the same, get to level cap, grind for gear, grind for more gear, make a new character, rinse and repeat. Sorry people, but if you were looking for something refreshing and new or anything good, go somewhere else, this game sucks now Expand
  63. Oct 14, 2012
    Waste of money, i did not like anything about this "pvp expansion" The leveling was fun i guess but its all the same old same old with dumbed down game mechanics this does not truly feel like a MMO anymore.
  64. Oct 14, 2012
    Oh boy, now I am a fan of WOW, but not this debacle. I like the new addition to the game, but none can forgive credit to BLizzard anymore, they have lost the magic it once possessed. I don't want to bash the game, because it is still a social monarch on the scene, but the gameplay and surprise is once lost after a week of questing. The QUESTion marks are this games downfall, it brought to the scene a way to simplify an MMO and takke the immersion one would once get, when you wandered around and LEARNING what the game was about. It is now nothing more than a strict mother telling you what to do. It is a good expansion pack, but I think maybe the AGE of the game is showing. I want to make clear, if you enjoy WOW, please don't read the reviews, they are for honest biased opinions only. If you are a fan of the game, get this XP now! If you are thinking of returning, well....you will have the same disappointment you had when you quit the last time. Blizzard needs to revamp it's developers and seek out young creative talent instead of patting themselves on the back for taking chump money. Expand
  65. Oct 14, 2012
    Good Thing Rift is releasing a proper expansion soon so us MMO-RPG gamers get something decent to play since this is obviously not Blizzard any more. Hope Activision are happy with the sales in Asia since this game will be dead in western markets soon.
  66. Oct 13, 2012
    Well look at that, bet you never thought WoW xpacs would become the same as CoD- just releasing the same game but with new skins. And like every year's CoD, the fanbois devour it and let Blizz in turn devour their money.
    Vanilla WoW- fantastic for its time. BC- perhaps the height of mmos across the board. WotLK- sure, starting to weaken, but some great ideas like Wintergrasp and new pvp
    types, and some fantastic dungeons like Ulduar which had fights that were challenging, accessible and enjoyable all at the same time.
    Cataclysm was a mistake- but, at least it had some enjoyable parts like the new starting areas, and a story which while lacking any depth at least completely fit the game.

Pandaria is to WoW what Twilight is to vampires- a really bad fanfic of something otherwise at least decent. Sad thing is, Bella and Mister Sparkles is still a better love story than lol-Kung Fu Pandaren. I picked the game up because I'd grown frustrated and bored with the extreme repetition in GW2, and lack of endgame of SWTOR- but Pandaria quickly made both those games look godly in comparison. This and Diablo 3 have sealed it- Blizzard's dead, replaced by Activision, not unlike how EA killed Bioware- I have utterly lost interest in Titan if this is what we should expect from it.
  67. Oct 13, 2012
    ......why do i have to buy this game because there no way they can do like wow 2 with HD and new look still same look toon over again again i wish they needed to do just like guild wars 2 not just patch evey time they do that i am not buy this add on game they more like DLC cost alot and game just lvl 85 to 90 it to much and go miss alll the other game too all they need to do is just remaster and renew story and remobel and better song and this time they really need add like HD video see more like forever Nintendo 64 game armor not seen good dude that waste of life time >.< come on guy look what guild wars did change to part 2 and remodel better wow did not seen bad idea to buy this game Expand
  68. Oct 10, 2012
    Did Blizzard hire a bunch of game designers from Zynga? Because that's what WoW feels like now. The heart of the whole endeavor is gone. It's not a matter of hardcore vs. casual -- it's all the design choices that have made it a colorful chatroom where you play minigames and wait for dungeons, instead of a virtual world. That's changing the entire project, from an MMORPG to something else...something more like a suite of FarmVille-type games. They could have catered to casual players without those types of changes. Expand
  69. Oct 10, 2012
    I didn't want to buy this game, but I did. I got so excited about new zones that weren't streamlined so I gave in. For that, I figure the expansion was worth perhaps about $20 altogether with a free month. However, there is no free month and the cost of this expac was twice that. In the end the game became nothing more than a grind that is even worse than Cataclysm at level 90. The amount of dailies you will have to do, even after the nerfs to rep needed, will be quite high. These dailies will take you quite a bit of time and will help you eventually get some epic gear to raid with. But the problem isn't so much that as it is the talent system being once again revamped to an even more handheld version of its former self, the overly instanced world of warcraft, and CRZ zones which pretty much turns all zones into random groups of people who just compete for your stuff. It isn't an improvement on the game, but rather a step back. Sure there are more dungeons and heroics to level in and get nice loot, but it is all the same thing with new skins and set pieces to come crashing through on your aggressive romp to end game. The farming btw is also heavily gated since you need rep with the tillers and not to mention you have to wait a day til you can even grow anything. Honestly this annoys me. I have no interest in playing pokemon as well. So what do I do? I try the Scenarios to check out this new type of content and am let down yet again. These are essentially the older group quests but mobs have more health and can overwhelm you, if you die you just graveyard zerg back and try again. The challenge of this game in learning to play it and become good at it are by and large so far gone it is painful to try and remember what it once was. I say don't buy this. In fact don't ever support Blizzard again because at this point it is so blatantly obvious they are milking this game it is a wonder the community hasn't rioted. Expand
  70. Oct 8, 2012
    This game is the boring same old, same old. Barely any new content (despite what others are saying). A reduced skill system and a declining player base make for a game that's dead in the water.

They needed to stop at WoTLK and maybe perhaps try to make another MMO. For those who are new to WoW and not familiar with what it "used" to be like and the old skill system which was far
    better.. this game will probably be gold to you.

If your a current or returning player, well you'd have to be a complete and utter fool to think this expansion is good and added anything new.
  71. Oct 7, 2012
    Isn't this like Diablo3 simplified talent system for kids between ages 7-12 cartoony graphics. Cute panda bears for kids and of course you are able to play monk class. Similarity kung fu panda children movie is obvious. All time favourite is of course is implementing pokemon pets to game another feature that is bound to draw 7-12 years to play. After wotlk game has just been steadily been simplified cata was crap but at least had 10 points of talents to distribute "freely" ill bet pandaria is even more crap with cookie cutter abilities easily seen from really limited abilities. Really not worth about 60 euros to even test for month. Expensive and there are loads of better mmo games in market atm. Expand
  72. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all, the attack on negative reviewers by the majority of positive reviewers exposes the fact that it is a select minority, perhaps even company employees, creating multiple accounts to boost the games positive rating. The whole thing reeks of self-promotion. Secondly, the expansion has dumbed the game down to ridiculous proportions. Will this appeal to everyone? No, of course not. However, those that enjoy the game? I do honestly hope you have a great time. The expansion to me feels tired, flat and the blatant rehash of game mechanics into simpler versions does little to help the enjoyment factor. While this next point is entirely down to social perspective, playing WoW now feels embarrassing due to the multitude of fuzzy pandas played by 10 year olds running around karate kicking things. As an adult, I can't take the game seriously anymore. I just can't. The pollution of the community is also offputting. Give children anonymitity and a feeling of invincibility behind a computer screen and, well, comment sections on Youtube are all the evidence needed.

Blizzard have taken the commercial route for more money over game quality and please, trying to deny this is like trying to say fish don't swim. In the interest of being fair, the Monk class is fun. On the whole however, MoP won't win back any loyal fans and certainly doesn't put Blizzard in a great light. I'd like to say at this point, I really don't like Guild Wars 2 either. The bottom line? WoW is dying a very slow death and the injection of botox that is MoP doesn't do anything to make its ultimate demise any more graceful. Just the same old tired formula. This kind of arrogance and disregard for quality simply shouldn't be encouraged.
  73. Oct 6, 2012
    After playing a vanilla wow private server and then playing this and comparing the two games, I can really say Blizzard has completely ruined wow, this game really sucks now and there's no point playing it. I used to be so addicted to this game , I would play every day and it was all I thought about, now it's a piece of crap.
  74. Oct 6, 2012
    Blizzard as we knew it in its respectable glory days, is dead. I sure am glad WoW is getting more intricate and complex, OH WAIT, it's a simplified kiddy pile of crap. "War" "Craft" "Panda" YEAH real interesting collection of ideas for a game. Diablo III was amazing too. LOL

All hail the almighty $.
  75. Oct 4, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria is a very nice looking expansion. After getting my hands on a beta copy though, I discovered that I ran out of original play content within three weeks of very casual play. There is a lot of padding to the game, but if you are interested in seeing new things, and not just the same things at higher difficulty, repeated daily, or with a stop watch, then this expansion offers under a month of new content. For a game with a price tag of approximately 65$ for a month of play time and the expansion I expected much more.
    Ignoring the excessive play time padding measures that launched with the game a potential buyer should also consider changes in customization options. Talent trees are gone replaced with a small amount of mostly cosmetic ability decisions, I recommend looking at their online talent calculator to see if it provides you with what you are looking for in customization. Gear selection has taken another hit as well. After the decrease in options introduced back when players were given a strong incentive to avoid the gear types of other classes took a major cut in to gearing options, Blizzard has decided to push even harder in to that ideology. Now, gear choices are made for you throughout leveling, often giving you one reward option, that can be changed if you change specs before turning it in. Afterward leveling, there is one correct loot choice for each slot for each class that can be easily determined by checking item level armor type and main stat. It looks like Blizzard took the old joke of having one stat "power" and ran with it, making that only the second joke to become a major offering of this new installment.
  76. Oct 4, 2012
    Evrything about this expansion screams low quality. Super dumbed down, and obviously for the under 12 crowd. Very dissapointed in Blizzard. TERRIBLE graphics and sound!
  77. Oct 4, 2012
    The new talent system is terrible. Sure, the majority of people used cookie cutter builds with the old system, but at least you had a choice. Now you are FORCED into a cookie cutter build. The monk class is boring. The new quests are dumbed down to the max (just like everything else). Graphics are terrible. Story is laughably childish. The pandas look ridiculous, and again extremely childish. A very sub-par expansion, and not the quality you would expect from the Blizzard of old. Expand
  78. Oct 3, 2012
    This isn't World of Warcraft anymore that game died with Wotlk. With the streamlining of of everything from talents to forming parties this has just became a shell of what it once was. No reason to encourage this kind of mentality.
  79. Oct 3, 2012
    Activision was the death of blizzard as we once knew them. Everything they release is an obvious attempt at getting as much money from the consumer as possible. This isn't as bad as diablo 3, but it's a very close second. Nothing innovative with this expansion. Hit the level cap in a day or two, and back to the same old stuff. Sorry but this wasn't fun during WOTLK and it isn't now.
  80. Oct 2, 2012
    Every expansion has breathed new features and new life into WoW. This one doesn't. It simplifies the game to the point of absurdity, offers nothing to improve on the dated, now-ugly graphics and effects, and offers nothing compelling we haven't seen and done before. The new race isn't interesting, the new zones aren't interesting, and the new class is slightly interesting. Once you get to the new level cap, which takes practically no time whatsoever, you'll be treated to...easy end-game that, frankly, isn't very interesting. If you're addicted to WoW, you'll undoubtedly buy this. If not, just pass. There are so many MMOs out there now offering different features and playstyles, there's really no reason to play this one anymore. Expand
  81. Oct 2, 2012
    Bad terrible awful lame sucks bad horrible lame awful this sucks sucks susck soooo baaaaaaaaaad! I hate you blizzard! boooooo hisss booooo WOrst expansion ever!
  82. Oct 2, 2012
    When a company decides to make an easter egg in warcraft III the new mighty race of Azeroth, it kinda shows how Cata was indeed the end of the world. The pandas don't fit in this universe, and the pokemon pet system doesn't help. This isn't azeroth anymore, this is rainbow and unicorns land. Let your 12 year old kid play it and move on.
  83. Oct 2, 2012
    I've played WOW since vanilla, I'm a guild leader, heroic raid leader/tank. I have already got 2 level 90's and 10+ 85's. This game is simply out of date and therefore scores 0 as its no longer relevant to the genre. The developer ruined Diablo now they are in the process of ruining Warcraft. This expansion is obviously a blatant marketing campaign to garner support in Asia. I am not a fan of Pandas nor Asian architecture. I am a fan of dragons, undead knights and a struggle between good and evil BUT I am forced to eat humble pie by a company that I wont give any of my money to. Guild Wars 2 - modern, more mature player base, sane designers. Mists of Pandaria you are such a disappointing end to whats been a great ride. Expand
  84. Oct 1, 2012
    Once again Blizzard goes backwards. World of Warcraft mist of Pandaria has been dumbed down so much it feels more like Kitty online then actually world of warcraft. If you are between 2 and 6 years old this game is for you
  85. Oct 1, 2012
    Pet duels? Pandas? What the heck is this crap. After the fiasco that is DIablo 3, this game seals it for Blizzard's demise. The collector's edition is ok, but the included digital addons for their other games are just a major disappointment.
  86. Oct 1, 2012
    Pandas? Just not fun. There are better games out there. Just an excuse to extend WOW subscriptions. Over simplified skill trees, and overly simplified game.
  87. Oct 1, 2012
    A lot of people are comparing the new pet battles to Pokemon.......well that is insulting to Pokemon! The pet battle system is like an ultra dumbed down version of Pokemon. Of course rest of the xpac is pretty lame, but that's obvious.
  88. Oct 1, 2012
    Everything about this expansion is sub-par. Can't believe they put this much effort into making WoW worse. It's obvious their target demographic is now children and those who aren't used to playing games of any kind. Thankfully there are much better mmos out there for the adult gamer. The Pandas look EXTREMELY stupid and out of place.
  89. Oct 1, 2012
    Blizzard must have lost all of its competent employees, because the games they are putting out now are awful. Diablo was a thinly veiled excuse to funnel real money out of the auction house. This expansion for Wow is just a further dumbing down of the franchise to maximize cash whilst minimizing actual substance. This poor MMO needs to be euthanized and Blizzard's IPs need to be rescued before they are all destroyed. Expand
  90. Oct 1, 2012
    Great graphics, great quests, WTF are you talking about! The questing is so horrid then I might as well watch "my little pony: friendship is magic". Nothing really new on the xpac. If i wanted to play pokemon, I would rather bust out my DSi and play my pokemon white. I'm not paying 15 dollars a month so i can farm when I have farmville, which is free by the way. Even the skill tree was dumbed down, as if blizzard would think I'm incapable of making my own choices. The pandas are alright, but having mine standing by a human makes me think I'm playing a disney game. Expand
  91. Oct 1, 2012
    Cross Realm Zones makes up 95% of this low score. The fact that Blizzard is effectively ignoring the immersion and playability bugs as well as the 20,000+ posts detailing the issues represents the other 5%.
    Once CRZ goes live in Pandaria, a "dailies gated rep grind", expect more low scores as players jump realms & fight over the few resources available... The MOP music was very well done
    anyway... Expand
  92. Oct 1, 2012
    horrible just horrible

say bye bye to wow u knew once

this is the worst expansion blizzard has ever done to date

i wont bother explaining whats wrong and whats good.
  93. Sep 30, 2012
    If you are an old WoW player from the Vanilla or BC days and are thinking of getting MoP, please do not. You will forever taint your good memories of WoW. It's sickening what this game has become. Do yourself a favor and pretend that the game you used to play was shut down completely, just like Tabula Rasa or AC2. If you have a small child who is interested in playing WoW, you should probably tell them that they are too old for this game and they should play something more mature like Free Realms or Wizardry 101. Expand
  94. Sep 30, 2012
    Once you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made Heroic dungeons mindnumbingly easy to the point where a decent tank and healer with 3 mediocre DPS can chain pull entire dungeons. Yet, while they've made dungeon crawling insanely easy compared to early Cataclysm, they've reverted back to Burning Crusade design for reputation grinding. There's even two reputations you can't touch until you've gotten a third, separate, reputation to revered. If you are like me and enjoy having reputations at exalted, prepare to endure a hellishly slow grind of daily quests where you gain only 100-500 rep per quest. They even did a nearly direct copy and paste of the Netherwing Ledge grind from Burning Crusade and called it "Order of the Cloud Serpent" (complete with sky races and rare spawning eggs). Then there's the Tillers, where you have to get reputation with *individual NPCs* in order to get overall reputation. |||| Professions have become markedly easier with most of them easily completed to level 600 well before you reach level 90. On my main, I had enchanting at 600 by 87 and tailoring at 600 by 88. Never in the past have I had all my professions at max *before* I hit max level cap. |||| Pet battles and the Tillers (aka Farmville or Harvest Moon) are nifty but gimmicky and a poor excuse for content. They're nowhere near as good as their original sources so they won't have staying power over time. |||| Frankly, it feels like they don't know where they're going. They've made too much of the game overwhelmingly easy and are trying to use reps as the hook to keep people playing. Unfortunately, it's not 2007 anymore and this isn't Burning Crusade. I struggled through Cataclysm and was actually excited for Pandaria but I find it to be as lacking, if not moreso, than Cataclysm. It would appear, then, that after 8 years, I will likely be bidding adieu to Azeroth as I just don't see the game getting better any time soon. It's sad when pet battles, WoW's version of Farmville/Harvest Moon/SIMS, and the complete trashing of the RPG elements of talents are considered major sales bullet points. Expand
  95. Sep 30, 2012
    I find it absolutely hilarious that wow fans always claim that this game is built for "hardcore gamers", yet for the past 3 years, Blizzard has been dumbing EVERYTHING down to the point where a 12 year old can keep up. It seems people don't understand the difference between being a TIME CONSUMING game and an interesting learning curve, this game is the former, not in leveling, leveling is very easy, but in farming gear.

What's also funny is that they can't seem to deal with any criticism, claiming that anyone who gives this game a negative score is a GW2 fan.
  96. Sep 29, 2012
    Blizzard really needs to re-learn how to make fun games. Nothing new, same old stuff with more ilvl, same old crafting materials, and questing is still boring.
  97. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, what can I say besides, really Blizz? How do you give into greed after creating what was once regarded as the greatest MMO. After the dreadful Cataclysm expansion, did you really think appealing to 12 year olds was going to make salvage your rep? Terrible expansion, really pissed off I wasted $40 bucks on this crap.
  98. Sep 29, 2012
    Mostly Quest based expansion. Warning to those that don't enjoy questing do not buy this!! In order to do this new content you are forced to quest no matter if you enjoy them or not. Even if you just want to pvp you will not escape having to quest. Also if you don't have 40+ hours a week to dedicate to wow then you will remain casual and never see the high end raids. Not to mention the endless rep grinding to get any kind of raid gear wich also requires mass questing. If you enjoy Pokemon or farmville or mass questing then this xpack is for you. Otherwise stay clear of mists Expand
  99. Sep 29, 2012
    This game has gone a long way in terms of instances, loot, hp, etc. But what still irks me every time I play this game is the fact 9/10 people who play wow are trollers and griefers.
  100. Sep 29, 2012
    Honestly, it is just pure stealing now. They have created something that feels tacky and dull. Honestly, do yourself a favor and buy yourself GW2. In GW2, you don't pay out the nose for an enjoyable experience and the plays so much better.
  101. Jan 8, 2013

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]