4.6

1. Sep 27, 2012
    I am rating this high because I am generally a fan of the WoW franchise. The story and feeling of Mists of Pandaria was interesting enough to keep my hooked 85-90. Now that I am 90 there is so much to do (pet battles, dailies, achievements, heroics, scenarios, challenge modes, etc. etc.) that I am struggling to figure out how to spend my time. The new talent system has managed to give people options, and in most situations there are not "cookie cutter" builds as we saw in previous iterations of the game. In the end people who enjoy the lore of Warcraft will like this expansion, and the tone it sets. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2012
    The best expansion so far, and still by far the best MMO. I've played all of the recent MMOs in the last two years. The level of innovation and fun in MoP just blows them all away. A major improvement on Cataclysm, and a must buy for MMO fans.
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made, they however a bit simple to play, but never the less i find them the most fun and innovated. Although i told myself i would never but another blizzard product after Diablo 3, i am actually enjoying MoP very much. Expand
  4. Sep 27, 2012
    I am not sure what happened to WoW and why it happened. The game DOES not feel like WoW anymore. The player graphics are just horrid and you really notice this when your Night Elf is standing next to a Panda bear. They should not have released the game without updating 10 year old models that we see every second we are logged on. The monsters and instances are so dumbed down. I feel no real accomplishment at all. Not sure about you but I don't play video games to run around naked in Org / SW turning people into bunnies. I play for a gaming challenge. It's Blizzards own fault that they have catered to and spoiled gamers into their current shape. Players weren't this terrible in TBC, we ran very tough Heroics because people had to L2play. Now? I guess learning to play is too hard and too much to ask for.

There is nothing exciting or new about MoP, imo. It's just a gear reset, here comes the mindless gear grind all over again.

PvP is atrocious. I have already reached 90 and the same classes blow you up in seconds while your healer is in a 30 second CC chain. I love PvP, but have given up on WoW PvP entirely at this point and will sate my PvP thirst over at GW2.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    Unfortunately we've just been given a rather lucrative content patch. That said I'm going to give reasons why I'm rating this as negative as I am, WoW as a whole can be rated against a different scale, where-as I'm going to rate Pandaria's features, nothing more. First up is WoW's 'Pokemon' feature. Let me just say what a mess this has been so far. Absolutely rife with bugs currently. It also seems that STORE BOUGHT pets are inherently more powerful than in-game pets. Painting a rather disturbing picture if you know anything about how 'Pay-to-Win' works. Most pets don't have much to differentiate them other than names, as a lot of pets of the same type share models, save your store bought ones. The mere fact that this creates an entirely other aspect for WoW developers to focus on and balance, rather than the things that matter the most in the game is also perturbing, as we've yet to see what aspects of gameplay will suffer for it. Farmville.. I mean, need I say more. The idea of growing your own cooking mats is nice and all, but most people who haven't used the feature to it's fullest will quickly realize you can only grow a certain and select kind of mats, as well as a limited amount. There are no customization features, really, it's just a plot of land, instanced of course, with a few vegetables scattered around on the ground. In all reality it doesn't come close to it's unofficial name-sake, as I would say the that REAL Farmville offers more enjoyment than this mediocre side-show.

Pandaria. Well. It's Pandaria yes, cool story right? Wrong. The entire area has been cut off from flying mounts. This is of course a mixed blessing in some regards, but a great deal of it is a pain in the ass. Yes, I know, but 'flying mounts ruined the game'. In this case, the lack-there-of is a severe setback as we're literally stuck looking at this supposedly incredible area from one point of view. Flying mounts did a great deal to break up the monotony of linear questing, allowing users to enact some degree of flexibility as to where they quested, and overall just traverse the area better. Forcing players onto a set, linear path, with nothing to break up the grind monotony is just rude and plain boring.

Cross-Realm-Zones, easily the biggest fiasco this game has had in a long time. Rather than spell out it's issues here (there's a lot, I assure you), I'd redirect the user to these threads:

Graphics - They're unfortunately still the same, and now considered rather low-end. With original vanilla models looking like they just got ported in from N64's Banjo & Kazooie. With a Blizzard promise to update character models just recently being trashed in a developer interview, it looks like these abysmal models are here to stay.

Models - Unfortunately enough most of the 'new' models in the game are actually just reskins. If you were to pull up any 'new' mount for example, you could literally find a model dating back to Cataclysm or Wrath, even TBC (i.e. Pandaren Phoenix) that shares a model and animations with it. The lack of new and unique creativity once again in a WoW expansion has put a severe damper on this.

The new talent system is also a giant farce. It's literally dumbed down to the point at which an infant could pick the right talents for the right spec. And even then you'll be hard pressed to find any way you could possibly go outside of Blizzard's stringent policy of holding your hand throughout the game. The whole idea of not having to pick mandatory talents and discouraging min/maxing is still a crock, as not all talents are the same, leading to obvious choices being more.. obvious. Other than that Blizzard really fails to bring anything notable to the expansion. Most of which is unfortunately looking like a play to just recover subscribers from Cataclysm's meltdown. It is unfortunate to see another expansion off to such an awful start, but none-the-less if Blizzard can get it's head out of it's ass and start appealing to gamers, and not children, it may be worth coming back here at the end of the expansion and re-critiquing it.
  6. Sep 27, 2012
    Overall, I like the game. The Jade Forest has been amazing. I have loved the changes to my druid main. However, leveling my panda monk has been a painful experience due to CRZ(Cross Realm Zones). It kills the experience for me. I can not in good conscience give MoP a good rating until CRZ is removed, or we are given an option to opt-out. Overall, good game design. However, CRZ kills the overall feel of the game for me. Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2012
    Gotta laugh at all the good reviews claiming that people who don't like world of pandas have never even played it. guess what? I just got done playing it and it sucks! Wow is now a game for babies.
  8. Sep 27, 2012
    Bottom Line: in this day and age if you're paying $16 a month for this garbage Blizzard calls a game, the joke's on you. Like they say, a fool and his money is easily parted.
  9. Sep 27, 2012
    I think it's obvious that a lot of the positive reviews here are from the same person....or maybe Blizzard employees trying to cover up how bad MoP really is? Anyway, the xpac is complete garbage and just about everyone I've seen in game is pretty upset about how bad it is. They did nothing to address the real issues and everyone pretty much feels cheated. Good job pissing off your players blizzard. Expand
  10. Sep 27, 2012
    I have to wonder how many of these user reviews are from the same user or companies trying to divert users to their games, cause this expansion is awesome. The music is great, the environments are awesome, and the story is interesting. The graphics may not be top of the line, but that broadens the appeal to people who can't afford uber gamer machines, and in spite of that fact, everything is really good looking. Pandas are awesome and pet battles are supprisingly addictive. I think too many people are expecting it to be some other MMO they've played, but if they would take time to appreciate all this expansion has to offer they might actually enjoy it. Expand
  11. Sep 27, 2012
    Meh, stale unfortunately. The gameplay has not evolved in the slightest, and the mechanics further dumbed down. Eventually they'll be aiming at an age bracket that's in the negatives. Would have been acceptable in 2004 but that was a long time ago.

Disappointed after such a long wait.
  12. Sep 27, 2012
    So far this expansion seems to have a wonderful amount of polish, style and whimsy. Among other things the launch as far as I have seen has been nearly flawless - no hiccups whatsoever. With blizzard's attention to extending the end-game (we'll have to see how that plays out) I really don't see why metacritic has so much early hate for it. If anything, the slew of game reviews of tens or zeroes with bad explanations only exposes how many people impose predetermined biased reviews on this website. Expand
  13. Sep 27, 2012
    Many people had preconceived notions regarding what this expansion would be like, and what it would entail. Personally, my favorite WoW expansion was Wrath of the Lich King, and my least favorite was Cataclysm, so coming into Mists of Pandaria I had mixed feelings. On one hand, it looked like many of the changes Blizzard was implementing were good for the game, fixing many of the problems that Cataclysm created regarding talents and gameplay. On the other hand, Pandas. Having gotten over my Pandaphobia, I ventured out into Pandaria and began my adventure. Turns out the game is still fun after 8 years, and looks absolutely stellar for its age. I've had zero issues with stability, and the dungeons, quests, and zones have been great. It's true, the monthly subscription fee is steep for an 8 year old game, but the demand is there to validate it. WoW has always been more of a social experience for me than pure game, and it's still a wonderful excuse to round up the old friends and raiders for another round of conquest and loots. Expand
  14. Sep 27, 2012
    I bought this game because I have been a fan of the series, but it was a mistake. You don't get the same feeling that you did with Vanilla Wow. It feels stale, boring, and not much fun at all. I've only leveled to 86, but the hours I spent doing so felt like a chore. It's just not a fun game anymore. Same old tired formula from 2004: kill 10 boars and come back for xp, rinse and repeat x 2352362136. It was great then, but I prefer the likes of GW2 these days, and the fact that GW2 is f2p makes me wonder more and more about what blizz has been getting away with. Expand
  15. Sep 27, 2012
    I hate when ppl downvote a game out of principle, but I do empathize with them in this case. At the moment I speak, this game doesn`t deserve more than a 4, from a couple of reasons. First, the game is 10 yrs old, with no major improvement regarding graphics and gameplay since it`s launch (it`s getting dumber, and the playstyle is highly repetitive). Second, this game costs 70% the price of Torchlight2, every month, adding to this is the cost of the expansion(180% the cost of T2, only for an exp). This is OUTRAGEOUS. And don`t lie to yourself that a mmo needs monthly to sustain servers etc. GW2 does it only with the initial cost of the game. For those that get into this money eating machine, you have a major fault in the stagnation of the game industry. I am sorry to say, but atm Blizz just reached the EAjunk business model and the community has a major fault for this. I have played a couple of hours on a friend`s account, and I can state that the game has passed it`s time, a long time ago. I will stick with the memories that I have with wow from BC and WOTLK.
    Please don`t support this game. You are not only supporting Michael Morhaime to buy another city or so, but you are also sending a clear message to the game dev community that you enjoy monthly subscriptions on utterly foolish games (see swtor).
  16. Sep 26, 2012
    Not sure why the people who are giving good reviews feel the need to discredit and insult those who don't like the game. I personally was hoping pandaria would help WoW, but after playing for a few days I'm done. The expansion stinks. A well deserved 0/10.
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    Blizzard have lost all their good devolopers to other companys. Just look how they **** up every **** expantion pack in a 4 years row now and every single **** title after WoW.

MoP delivered nothing new to the game except some **** chinese pandas. Same reskined bosses, same scripted boss fights , worthless pvp with no **** balance at all.
  18. Sep 26, 2012
    This is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doing drunken monkey style kung-fu like Jackie Chan and we can't offend people who don't drink. Or something. The pandas are charming enough, even if the females are really just a mildly altered redo of the female dwarf. Ji Firepaw is a fun addition. Aysa is...meh. The problem is with CRZ, which has absolutely destroyed the game if you're on a low-pop PVE server. If I wanted to PVP, I would do so. If I wanted to fight with a thousand other people for mats or spawns, I'd have transferred off my low pop and gone to a place where that sort of thing went on. My economy on my server sees no benefits from this amazing new 'feature'. Make no mistake, if you are on a PVE server and you rezone, you will get griefed, heavily. This is unbelievable and stupid. I transferred off my PVP server five years ago so that I didn't have to deal with it. To those of you who enjoy PVP, I'm glad this feature has revitalized your experience playing the game. It has ruined mine. I have friends on my server. I don't need realID either, by the way. I've been playing since vanilla, I can make pals just fine. I can't believe that Blizz would implement this right before MoP dropped. I can't believe they aren't listening to the thousands upon thousands of players on both US and EU servers who are telling them they want to opt out. If Blizz adds the ability to opt-out of CRZ, I'll resub and play again. As it stands now, I'm done, and a lot of other players are too. Bad, bad move. MoP would have gotten a six and fifteen bucks a month from me if it weren't for CRZ. Bye Blizz, it was fun. Expand
  19. Sep 26, 2012
    I hope blizz will finally open their eyes and stop this madness.

I dont hate them but i really dont expect much from them like before.

But i still have big hopes in "Titan" MMO.
  20. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I will say i loved world of warcraft in the the past. I loved Wolk and somewhat liked cata. But now they make this? This is the largest game failure that i have ever seen, sadly i bought it despite it being very childish and dumb as hell.So i play this game and it is absolutly terrible. First of all it is very easy, and second the game is designed for 9 year olds who play games that make no since.I would talk for day about the story flaws and how dumb it is, but i will sum it up: Huge island no one ever noticed gets discovered somehow,very childish storyless pandas meet you, stupid flawed story that makes no since happens, no main boss that makes since. Now i made that as short as i could because i could say all its flaws all day. So you can give this money whore blizzard 15 dollars a month to play a very stupid flawed game for 9 year olds, or you could stop and say **** you blizzard you guys need to make content that is logical and entertaining Example: burning crusade.I hate this game so much. Please don't buy it blizzard needs to learn from its mistakes and make content that is not childish and completely stupid. Expand
  21. Sep 26, 2012
    This is just completely awful. Not fun at all. What the hell happened, Blizzard? How do you screw something up this badly? Poor design, down crap, nothing works properly...
  22. Sep 26, 2012
    I'm really enjoying it so far. I wonder if all the negative reviews have played it at all. I don't mind the graphics being a little lower-quality than the nicest-looking games out there. The graphics are still nice if you have them on the highest settings, and it's easier to play this game on an older machine because it does not have insane minimum requirements.

Another solid game
    .Battle pets are fun, guild experience comes more easily. Expand
  23. Sep 26, 2012
    Entirely too much of the same thing. The gimmicks and the glitter do little to promote anything substantially different from what is really just a continuation of WoW as a whole. After Cataclysm, WoW should've had some serious changes made to a lot of the fundamentals of the game. The lack there-of in Mists speaks more to neglect and lazyness than it does to anything else.
  24. Sep 26, 2012
    God awful waste of money. Blizzard has spit in the faces of it's most loyal costumers for the past few years and this is expansion is no different.
  25. Sep 26, 2012
    As was already stated, most of the positive reviews here are coming from a handful of people making multiple accounts in order to falsely bring up the game's score. There were actually threads on the official WoW forums encouriging people to do this. That being said, Blizzard has done a fantastic job of doing exactly what they set out to do: make WoW more kid-friendly. By doing this, Blizzard has alienated most of their fan base. Having played MoP, I can tell that without a doubt this game is no longer geared towards gamers or adults. If you are looking for a deep, complex, challenging and rewarding experience you will need to look elsewhere. I will give it 1 point because they at least attempted (sort of) to bring back world pvp. Overall I had a very bad experience with MoP, and like many others have cancelled my subscription for good. Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2012
    Same stuff. The exacly same stuff after years and years.No revolution. No evolution. The same heated soup we served up every year. Game world beautiful to look at but poor in content.
    The pokemon version of wow is an insult. Surface and no reason to exist in Azeroth.
    I find it outrageous that Dreamworks has not sued for copyright infringement of Myst Pandarian. Leaving aside the comments
    from fan boy that the Pandaren were present in the game since the dawn (Where? Warcraft1-2-3? Where?) The whole universe of Pandaria is a vile copy of the film Kung Fu Panda.
    After the month-long trial I will return on the blessed shores of free to play. WoW is an old game that fails to keep pace with the times. His legend is over.
  27. Sep 26, 2012
    This expansion has ensured that I won't return to World of Warcraft anytime soon. It was poorly designed and has a boring setting. Blizzard has failed to address issues with the game, only adding more fluff and junk to it.
  28. Sep 26, 2012
    we are 2 days in. not sure how anyone can give a real score based on seeing a very small portion of what this expansion has to offer. I can say that I am writing this review as an actual owner and player of the game and MOP expansion and what I have seen so far is not bad. Quests have good stories. PVP is fantastic. Dungeons are fun not overly time consuming but still challengimg enough. I imagine challenge mode will broden that scope. Art design is very nice. So much more too experience but my early first 48 hr review says its way better that Cataclysm and I hope it does well. Happy gaming! Expand
  29. Sep 26, 2012
    Besides the same boring questing (was hoping they'd change this after 8 years), the talent changes are a joke. I understand that they felt that the old talents were meaningless since everyone pretty much had the same builds for their classes, but the changes make me wonder why they didn't just remove talents altogether. Getting one talent every 15 levels just feels lame, like why bother? Next expansion will probably just have a check box for pvp spec and one for pve spec. Expand
  30. Sep 26, 2012
    I was always hoping that it was just an april fool's joke, but no matter how much I try to convince myself that no company could be stupid enough to release a panda themed game as a successor to world of warcraft, I have to accept that it happened. As an adult, I could always defend playing WoW because it had the appearance of a gritty and dark game that wasn't geared towards children. How can I buy this game? How could I possibly defend purchasing or even playing this game? It would be like telling everyone I enjoy iCarly for wii, it's creepy. I don't care about broken features or more of the same, I would have been happy with the exact same expansion of wrath of the lich king with just the names changed. I wanted to give Blizzard my money, but there is no way I can justify the social and personal stigma of playing such a blatant childrens kung-fu panda video game. I'd rather just play solitaire. Expand
  31. Sep 26, 2012
    Not sure why all the bad reviews, loads more areas to explore, battle pets are a great idea. Same with cross realm play. Give it a chance, there are always bugs with new games/expansions. Loving my new Panda - highly recommend!!
  32. Sep 26, 2012
    People giving this a positive review should be ashamed of themselves. All of the "10"s here prove that the Blizz fanbois will happily enjoy any turd blizzard bends over and plops on their plate. This expansion is awful and is a huge slap in the face to new and long time WoW fans. I could go on and on about how bad this xpac truly is, but everything has already been covered. Don't listen to the Blizzard drones! Expand
  33. Sep 26, 2012
    It's the same recycled stuff that brings nothing new to the table. Game has been dumbed down for casuals and isn't appealing to play anymore. Save your $15 a month and buy something else.
  34. Sep 26, 2012
    Demasiados haters. Una de las mejores expansiones de World of Warcraft. Mucho fanboy de GW2 y TOR por aqui, con ganas de que Blizzard caiga, pese a que se sabe de sobra que eso es imposible.
  35. Sep 26, 2012
    It is worth noting that the majority of negative or zero reviews are clearly (and at times admittedly) made by people who stopped playing WoW a while ago.

From those who have actually played Mists, the reviews are very positive. This was the smoothest launch of any MMO or expansion that I have ever seen. The artwork is beautiful - some of Blizzard's best - and the graphics engine
    continues to be updated with new lighting effects, full DirectX 11 support, and now a native 64-bit client.

Mists adds many new features and systems to the game, including a new race, a new class, the simple-but-addictive Pet Battle system, a new form of Lore discovery, accountwide achievements and mounts, revised PvP systems and mechanics, completely revised specialization and talent systems, and more. It also introduces a ton of new content on top of all these systems-level improvements.

There is no other MMO on the market that can go toe-to-toe with WoW in terms of the single player questing experience or the competitive endgame PvE experience (raiding). Mists reaffirms WoW's dominance in these areas. I wish Blizzard would pay more attention to the PvP side of the game, and that remains my biggest gripe with the product. Damage remains too bursty, crowd control too oppressive, and composition too determinative.

I think anyone would enjoy Mists. But I can especially say that anyone who has ever enjoyed WoW would love Mists. This expansion is a sort of renaissance for the game, and I believe fans will look back years from now and say that Mists was WoW's finest expansion, finally beating out Burning Crusade in fans' hearts and minds.
  36. Sep 26, 2012
    This is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck in the old WoW ways that they can't even adapt to a newer, better version. Learn to accept change, people. You and your community make me ashamed to be a gamer. Expand
  37. gas
    Sep 26, 2012
    Im a wow player since classic, i got more than 300 days played on my main char. I played casual, i played hardcore, ive been a heavy raider in tbc, i raided more or less any content.
    I really enjoyed classic and tbc, ive found wotlk a so-so expansion, cata an immense letdown, and pandazz... i feel pandaz is just the right expansion to quit wow.
    The main problem is that Blizzard at a
    point decided that they were going for the masses,they decided they just wanted to focus on kids with easy content and uber power ranger armors, streamlined abilities, purple epazzz for anyone, and the dictat that every player must be special, making ofc everyone plain normal.
    I can understand that, game industry is business ofc, anyway they sadly ruined a great game.
    Leveling is plain stupid since wotlk, there is never a single challenge, its boring and it gives zero satisfaction.
    Everyone hate leveling in wow, Blizzard instead of makin it more challening and epic, they think that to make it more interesting it must be super fast and super easy.. damnz just stop with leveling maybe ?
    The idea that the game starts at end level and prior to that its just a boring rush, has been implemented by blizzard itself, thats crazy.
    Really i think there are not anymore gamers at blizzard developing games, there are economists in Blizzard developing games, this is the main problem.
    PvP in wow has always been not very balanced, uber geared ppl having fun in razing no geared ppl in bgs, world pvp has been completely murdered with fly mounts, and i cant get why Blizzard continued to allow pvp gear in pve and vice-versa which always created a lot of issues, especially pve players forced to play pvp to get specific rewards to go on easier in pve.
    The addition of fly mounts and million of portals since TBC ruined totally the sense of multiplayer ,as if you are out of the actual content zones or the main city, you will basically play alone and will not see any other player around.
    Actually in wow there is not anymore the feeling of doing something epic, any item/mount is rare just for 1 or 2 month at best, anyone can do anything with little or no effort.
    Maybe the player base wants that, a Kung Fu Panda toon nice and funny, nonsense pet nice and funny combat, new hairstyles, super huge shoulders, lore and quests funny and stupid, LFR to make every raid a cake, basically all things appealing for kids and console gamers.
    Wow can go on with this formula i guess even another 10 years maybe, but its not more wow, its just a dumbed down version of itself.
    Tbh i could write 20 pages of reasons why wow turned from a great game to a piece of garbage, but i stop here.
    I can say vanilla wow stays at civilization II like pandaz stays at farmville, Go Bli$$ard earn more cash!
    Adios WOW it has been fun.
  38. Sep 26, 2012
    Wasted 40$ for nothing. It feels like a game for children. This was once a good game. Not anymore, what happened Blizzard? Just stay away from Activision-Blizzard.
  39. Sep 26, 2012
    Blizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansion they have done. Kudos to Blizzard for sticking with their plan and not catering to the elitist gamers who make up the vocal minority that doesn't like it. Expand
  40. Sep 26, 2012
    Let me start by saying Mists of Pandaria is not a bad expansion, WoW itself is not a bad game, it's just not great or Epic anymore, or at least as it used to be. The main problem of Mists it's just more of the exact same thing of the past 5 years, in fact it could very easily be a DLC. 5 more levels of the same quests, handful of more dungeons, couple more BGs, raids, and a re-shuffled talent tree. That has been the motto for Blizzard and WoW every since Burning Crusade. More importantly is the direction that the game started to take back in Wotlk, which is faster, simpler, easier and grindy. Normally those are good attributes, but not in a game. It basically stripped off WoW of its epicness, the feeling of adventure, hard work, difficulty, skill and challenge. It became a very easy, dumbed down mind-numbling grind, with no sense of challenge, adventure or worthwhile reward. And unfortunately, Mists of Pandaria is more of that, the same formula of 5 years ago heading even further down the road of streamlined dumbed down games. It's clear that Blizzard is heading that direction for a reason, to appeal to the younger newer crowd in order to continue selling copies and micro-transactions, not necessarily to continue making a better, more Epic game. Mists is very mediocre, specially when you compare it to new releases out there of MMOs and RPGs. With Guild Wars 2 being free-to-play I can't believe Blizzard has the face to charge monthly subscription for WoW anymore, or to continue to butcher their customer's pockets with elevated prices for extra stuff, like transfers, etc. The new class, slightly better graphics, new race and few other additions here and there unfortunately go un-noticed due to the other things that are just mediocre at best. Conclusion: Mists is just another WoW expansion, more of the same ol', very VERY little improvement if at all, that unfortunately goes overshadowed by the very poor direction where the game has been heading since Wotlk. Mists didn't cause WoW to lose it's Epicness, sense of adventure, challenge or skill/reward system, it hasn't been a trend since few expansions ago, however Mists continues that trend, which is bad. In top of that, we are talking about a very wealthy company with a lot of resources, and comparing to other free-to play releases (GW2) it just falls way, wayyy too short. Expand
  41. Sep 26, 2012
    Dreadful expac.The talent system is a joke the environment looks ripped out of a cartoon and pandas everywhere.This isnt the same game ive played for 7 years,bliz youve lost another subscriber.
  42. Sep 26, 2012
    Gotta laugh at all the fanboys claiming everyone who doesn't like pandaria is a troll. Guess that makes me and 90% of the player base trolls because we all think MOP sucks!
  43. Sep 26, 2012
    I took a chance and bought mists of panda land and am now feeling serious buyers remorse. Never again. This is definitely the most disappointing expansion and there's really nothing good I can say about it. You might like this if you are completely brain-dead or 8 years old. Blizzard has solidified WoW's position as the ultimate kiddie mmo, and the joke of the mmo world. The only people who will be left playing in a month are the fanbois and angry children. I'd rather play swtor than WoW after pandaland. I am so very disappointed. I would recommend not buying this if you haven't already. Expand
  44. Sep 26, 2012
    3.x User score...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is 100 negatives. Yep 100 and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing.

About MoP. best content of WoW, World pvp are back, Pandaria is great place and Pandares are awesome, they story, voices and problems ROCKS for me. I hope Blizz still follow
    this way and don't do another mistake like Cataclysm. For the Horde! Expand
  45. Sep 26, 2012
    I have been a WoW players since release and before that played EQ1 and UO. WoW was a great game at release and the first few expansions were good. Something happened a few years back though and Blizzard is just a shell of a game company compared to what it was 7 or 8 years ago. This expansion seems more to be geared toward the pre teen crowd than the older gamer, keep that in mind before buying it. If you are looking for a challenging adult game this is not it, save you money. I would give the new content a 5 but the dumbing down of the game in general brings the score down to a 2 for me and I am being generous. Expand
  46. Sep 26, 2012
    Pathetic! That's all I can really say about MoP. Wasted $40 and a whole day playing this trash. Also, it should be noted that most of the positive reviews are just trolls making multiple accounts trying to inflate the games score.
  47. Sep 26, 2012
    Graphics are better than the old WoW but the fun factor has left. There is absolutely no challenge whatsoever. It feels like a game for simplistic children. What happened Blizzard? Where are you?
  48. Sep 26, 2012
    Your time and money is better spent elsewhere. Blizzard once again continues to dumb down their franchises while gouging $ out of their customers. The setting is awful and the class changes are even worse. It is clear that the talent truly has left Blizzard and all they care about is making money. It is sad to see that a company that was once the best in the industry has fallen so hard.
  49. Sep 26, 2012
    Very fun expansion to an already legendary game. It's definitely worth it to play as a Panda, questing can be the same old same old at times, but it's still worth it to play. I love it!
  50. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have vexed that so many people seem to judge this game on the first day of the release, while not only it is impossible for them to have viewed all the content that is to be seen, but also, never actually bring up in details the game's changes from its previous releases. I myself neither have however managed to see all of the content, but I will give my review based on first impressions of the game and try to avoid the hateful hivemind that seems to be omnious amongst the user reviews of this game.

First of all, let's take a look at the changes in abilities: A lot of people complain about losing their talent trees, but personally, I find it much more convenient. Lets face it, there never was any freedom with it anyway, everyone used a base set and built upon it. No creativity, everyone was the exact same. Taking away the old talent system is a good grief, whilst the new talents now give you freedom as they are all viable and all have their own amount of helpfulness. This gives people the oportunity to have a gameplay that is more like "them", and the new rotations are refreshing. Whilst some got a little stern (Such as Arms warrior, but this is based on a personal opinion), some other however seem to have gotten viable, while they used to be simply useless. For instance, Fury warriors were often laughably slow and rage starved, while now, they have less rage issue than arm warriors and are fast (And very fun!). The addition of a new class is always refreshing, but of course, there will always be unsatisfied people. The only thing I however have to complain about in terms of abilities are the power of healing. While level capped people don't seem to have a problem with it, level 85 healing is crazy and makes PVP against hybrids (I'm talking about DPSes with the ability to use healer spells, like a shadowpriest or a boomkin) very unfair. This was something mostly notable since patch 5 before MoP's actual release.

Now, let's move on to the quests and storyline. We're not talking about a huge, revolutionary and amazing questline, but it's a good and refreshing change of pace. For two expensions in a row we've been stuck with an end of the world scenario and a big villain that must be killed, or otherwise he will destroy the world (Deathwing, Lich King). This got pretty stern, and it didn't feel like the story was moving alot, altough Cataclysm's story DOES have a very important change that effects Mists: Garrosh becoming leader.

In the mists, the alliance and the horde keep their old battle against eachother, nothing unusual. But then the island is discovered, with a neutral faction upon it, and another threat; when war is brought upon Pandaria, hatred becomes corruption. It makes you think, is this fight between the alliance and the horde even worth it anymore? Is it even right? But it's hard to hold back as both faction have an extremely different approach on Pandaria. The alliance seems to try to stay as pacific as possible towards the Pandaren, with Anduin going on his own to help the people, while Garrosh, on his side, is REALLY pushing it, almost coming in as a tyrant to the horde (this is specifically felt when speaking to Paw'Don NPCs, as alliance).

That said, it's a nice change of pace from the "End of the world coming, big bad guy, must kill him" scenario. It instead makes you think about the fight between the horde and the alliance, the reasons behind it, and its consequences. It makes the whole PVP deal a lot more immersive.

Speaking of immersion, pandaria does that very well. All the zones are beautiful and unique, they're nothing like the rest of the world, and that's a breath of fresh air. The oriental mood is gorgeously executed and the music is (FINALLY) exploited to add to the mood and feeling of the game. The major NPCs (Such as the SI:7 agents) all have their own voices, and thus, feel like they're actually characters, and not just a generic person you will only meet once in the game to then forget about them forever. They feel important, and even charismatic on top of it.

The armors also have a great look. The purchasable armor gives people who have rushed their toons to 85 before the release a mean of having a good questing set, and avoids you from getting the old "Outlands clown armor" issue.

In many ways, the Mists of Pandaria are a great change of pace from Cataclysm. Some aspects of the game have been made more accessible and more enjoyable for all, while at the same, more chalenging content remains available (Such as Challenge mode, which is probably going to make PVE more intense that it ever was). The new areas have a unique feeling to them, the story makes MoP stand out of the previous expacs, and the list of goodies goes on, and this is just from a few hours of gameplay.
  51. Sep 26, 2012
    Oh god. Just what everyone was afraid of. Dumbed down talent systems, click-to-start/win everything, bringing in a species as the titular characters which doesn't fit in the game at all (they were intended as easter eggs and minor characters in Warcraft 3). A few days before this game's announcement, an employee said they would never include pandas in games, they only see them to be in comics and mangas. Well, it looks like they found out where the game is the most profitable (Asians) and they decided to make it look like as much as the asian culture as they could (Great Wall, pandas of course, the music). The only problem is, almost no one is happy about the changes (Asians included). I mean, the Deus Ex games and Tomb Raider 2 are among my favorite games, and they are influenced by asian cultures a lot, but, again, it simply doesn't fit Warcraft at all. Blizzard, it's a shame how much you let money take over this franchise and (as much as I am ashamed to say this) I hope WoW dies as soon as possible, because this game is starting to be like the exact opposite of the original WoW. Activision, I remember when you published quality games like Jedi Outcast 10 years ago, since then, most of your games are equal to pure crap. You also let yourself to be a money-hungry company and it's obvious your hand is in this, too. If you listen to me, don't buy this game if you're still playing. Go to another MMO, go to a Vanilla/TBC private realm, do whatever you want, just avoid this game like the plague. Expand
  52. Sep 26, 2012
    Argh! why oh why did I buy this? Blizzard have destroyed what was once my favourite game of all time, people complein in other MMO's at the lack of endgame content at launch (of which wow had none) but nowadays WoW is only endgame with everything up to that point being dumbed down into a mindless grind. Round up as many mobs as you possibly can and easily kill them all.....no group quests, no elites anymore, no need to think at all, but hey, don;t worry because you'll have to wait an hour to kill this one mob that everyone is waiting for to respawn anyway! The new area and race are inspired by Jung Fu panda, it's alright whining that pandarens were brought in back in WC3, that wasn't really a proper introduction and the actual creation of the WoW race and area were clearly done with the dreamworks movie in mind to appeal to their young playerbase.

Sick of kill stealing, sick of ninja looting, sick of PvP that is geared strictly against new players (not fun when my wife won't PvP because the heirloom people one shot her), sick of rude idiots desperatly running through easy mode dungeons whining that we need to round up more mobs, sick of fetch and return questing......back to GW2 for me! My glorious memories of Vanilla and TBC won't be further tarnished by lazy, one dimensional expansions......oh and don't get me started on the talent system, nice new talents for some classes but godawful way of dealing with it, yet more dumbing down, they may as well just hand out level 80's and let them get on with the boring raiding from day one.
  53. Sep 26, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria is a continuation of Blizzard's business office policy of directly steering game development. As most people who follow MMOs know, in Feb 2010, Blizzard announced that they were going to begin retooling World of Warcraft to appeal to a younger audience. Cataclysm came first and took an already relatively easy MMO and turned it into something that would feel right at home in Disney World.

With Pandaria, they've further reduced the challenge and difficulty. Even the heroic mode dungeons in WoW are easier than the standard dungeons available in games like Rift and GW2. With a nod to Rift... that being the undisputed champion of raid depth and challenge on the market today... Mists of Pandaria looks and plays like a kid's Etch-a-Sketch in comparison.

Visually, Pandaria does have more detail. However, you have to be a fan of My Little Pony or the Teletubbies in order to like the art direction. The colors in Pandaria are vibrant... akin to shades that belong in cotton candy or Hello Kitty backpacks carried around by harajuku girls.

Now, if you're under the age of 14 and are reading this... then I'm sure you'll disagree with my opinion that this game is not made for anyone outside of the 8 to 14 age group. The mechanics are dumbed down with reduction of available abilities at a player's disposal, it has a streamlined (see: easier) combat system, reduced dungeon difficulty, reduced dungeon run times, simple quests and instant access to rewards for little to no effort. As it was stated in Feb. 2010 in their letter to investors, Blizzard has stayed that course. Mists of Pandaria has firmly taken WoW and nestled it right between Toy Story and Happy Feet when it comes to target audience. Other MMOs like Rift, Guild Wars 2, and TERA offer much more challenging gameplay and content. WoW is, in my opinion, the new king of kids' games... and I'll be looking forward to see what other MMOs do to fill the void for the adult gamers of the world.

Warcraft might have 8 to 10 million players... and Toy Story is still the top grossing film in its opening weekend of all time. Food for thought.

After playing and reviewing Pandaria... I have to question the rating of the game. I don't think it belongs in the MMORPG category any longer. It belongs in a category with similar games like Skylander's Spyro Adventures and Club Penguin. I'm an adult and I rate Pandaria a 2. It does not appeal to me and I feel strongly that it wasn't developed with my likes in mind.

Kids, however, will absolutely love Pandaria. It's probably challenging for an 8 year old just learning how to use a PC and the bright colors and juvenile art direction would fit right at home in their library of similarly themed games. That, and their Pandas can dance like their older sisters.
  54. Sep 26, 2012
    Do yourself a favor and stay AWAY from this game. Better, stay away from activision-blizzard as a whole. They are trailing the same path as Electronic Arts.
  55. Sep 26, 2012
    I really wanted to like the game but it seems to be trying to draw in a very young crowd with this last expansion. I played a panda through level 30 and had to stop. The combat seems clunky at best and the quests are just a thousand more of the same "bring me 10 wolf pelts" or "kill 10 murlocs" Nothing new, and definitely nothing to be excited about.
  56. Sep 26, 2012
    I've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to better optimize and balance classes. Pandaria is by far the most beautifully crafted continent and is so brilliant that the rest of Azeroth seems dated. You can tell that Blizzard developers have truly listened to the majority of their player base and worked hard to improve upon past miss-steps. Expand
  57. Sep 26, 2012
    This is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked on that a lot of mmos usually overlook. The new areas are magical and genuinely exciting to explore. Entering a new quest hub is always interesting and the little story of that area is always fun. The new dungeons are fresh and fun. The normal modes for leveling are not overly challenging but are still good fun. There will be plenty of challenge at level 90. The music and voice acting really help immerse you in the world and allow you, as a player to get lost in the magic that is Pandaria.

Overall if you were unsure about this game because of all the negativity it has received from trolls I say try it yourself and make your own decision. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.
  58. Sep 26, 2012
    I've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't really get why people are bashing the "cartoonish" style graphics....that is Warcraft identity, hating on Panda's? so much for playing Gnomes, talking cows, and space aliens with beard tentacles.....i was skeptical at first if this was a reason for me to subbing again, i tried it out, and enjoyed it. And to the people that say its simplified....have you ever tried it long enough?.......i should know, i've seen the changes to the talent system since Vanilla, though "simplified" or "dumbed down" as you people might seem it be, i think it's the closest thing to being able to be diverse as the hybrid talent system ways it has been since vanilla, they removed the "cookie cutter" talent mold that most of us just copy and paste, i do agree that the same old grind is still there, i used to be a hard core raider back in vanilla and bc, i started to be more of a casual in Wrath and Cata, not the biggest fan of Blizz mechanics, and most of the time i am part of the /ragequit guild like most of the lost subs....but like i said, playing that first 6-8 hours was refreshing and i am somewhat positive that i will be able to enjoy this game again. Expand
  59. Sep 26, 2012
    Well impressed so far with my MOP experience, the game is taking a fun step back in the right direction. to all of you voting 0...all i can say is that you have set yourself up for failure from the get go.
  60. Sep 25, 2012
    As I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, but the visuals are fantastic (considering the circumstances), and the Asian based theme is the best zone idea yet (despite the panda thing). Disallowing flying correctly allows for you as the player to be humbled and fully appreciate the epic proportions of the zone. The expansion offers a more effective and intuitive talent system, new and improved dynamic battlegrounds, and a massive new story line with ever more engaging quests. I can see how people who do more PVE think they have been under represented in this expansion, but consider how PVPers have felt for quite some time now. Unfortunately, if you are on the badly losing side of a PVP server, you might be pretty frustrated at times, especially in the early stages of the release. In your best interest, don't listen to a lot of the unreasonably negative reviews, but if you do, I don't care. Blizzard Entertainment is majorly owned (just over 50%) by the French conglomerate 'Vivendi SA' nowadays, and I'm not interested in supporting French corporations at the moment as much as I would like people to think rationally when they analyze any piece of intellectual property. Expand
  61. Sep 25, 2012
    how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90 and trying the new heroics and eventually the raids now :) I do think just 2 new dungeons up to 90 is poor though.thanks to any of you who cried yesterday and rage quitted the game,you've stopped all the lag lol like i said at the start you cant review a game after 1 day but felt i should offset some of the crying kids reviews who must have bought the expansion and then gave up after a few hours Expand
  62. Sep 25, 2012
    It's all well and good to call the low rating givers trolls but the reality is most of us are people who sunk a decent amount of hours in to WoW from the beginning and are sick of the rubbish Blizzard is now flogging us. I was bored of this game within the first few hours and feel like a sucker for buying this after they already ripped me off with Diablo 3. Delete this game from existence a release WoW2 revamp starting from Vanilla days. I think that would be 100x better than kiddycore pandaland. If 70% of people rate this game badly you can't just call them all trolls and ignore them... Expand
  63. Sep 25, 2012
    Honestly, there isn't anything new to the game at all. All of the talent that brought up Uldular, WOTLK, are gone. We are left with a hallow shameless company that is tripping over its own feet.

Blizzard used to be a company of gamers making fun games for gamers. Instead, now it has become a soulless extension of Activision and is failing to deliver any fun.
  64. Sep 25, 2012
    There is really nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said. Have fun with 8-10 year olds and blizzard fanboys. Stay away from this game.
  65. Sep 25, 2012
    Can they dumb down the formula anymore? Why pay Blizzard to spoon feed you and treat you like a baby incapable of independent thought? I'm actually OK with Pandas, but the talents have been butchered beyond recognition. And, yay...Pokémon battles. This expansion looks like it will be the beginning of the end for the mighty "King of MMORPGs".
  66. Sep 25, 2012
    MoP is the same old tired mechanics only with a new skin. It has gotten to the point where Blizzard is just shoveling out useless content worse than a Facebook game.
  67. Sep 25, 2012
    Before I purchased MOP, I had a some resentment towards blizzard. I've played the game for years and paid a lot of $ for my three active accounts. My resentment grew as I feel that Blizzard was no longer designing the game for it's loyal customers. I hesitated, and upgraded to mop on release day. That's when the resentment was pushed over to hate. Problems with logging in to loading screens taking 5 mins to load to getting stuck questing. Now I feel blizzard is intentionally making the game a chore to play rather than enjoyable. NO FLYING IN MOP?!?!?! wth. I feel like I'm being punished by Blizzard. I play a shaman, a class that has always been in the mid to bottom of the pack in pve. I'm sorry Blizzard, though MOP looks nice and interesting, the overwhelming feeling that you are punishing me for playing is why I decided to create this account on metacritic and give you this bad review. Expand
  68. Sep 25, 2012
    The game is about as innovative as the abacus and as complex as a brick. There were many flaws in beta, but they went through with the launch anyway. I suppose they had to since Blizzard left the game untouched for a year. Not supporting your current product to release a watered down "expansion" speaks volumes of Blizzard's rabid cash grab. We can certainly expect more of the same in the future.
  69. Sep 25, 2012
    Simply too terrible for words. I have lost all faith in Blizzard. This would be a good kid's game or starter mmo, but the player base is much too abrasive and abominable.
  70. Sep 25, 2012
    WoW was fun... I mean, some years ago, burning crusade...

MoP is very very very bad...this game is out...

Now we have TSW, GW2, SWTOR even Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2.

WoW = GAME OVER

Bye bye Kunfu panda...
  71. Sep 25, 2012
    So, how can we reduce even more content for our players? Oh I know! How about we take away good story elements (or any story for that matter), refuse to innovate more on the game play and reduce areas of content just a bit so that we are giving less and less (I will get into that in a bit) people might say I haven't played it enough since it was mainly just beta that I was most likely to have played, but,, for now, i'm talking about content, and there really isn't a lot in this game. From what I understand, there is no new world BG, Tol'Barard was horrible because it had nothing different or new about it, it was basically AB but dumbed down to a game with literally a few strategies that people couldn't understand (at least on my server) just mass attack one place while defending the other in a repeating cycle. Also, this game seems to have no story, so you would thing that they would add more or better BGs right? Well only 2, and they aren't anything too new in terms of other games that have come out, mine cart garding, really? Whats next blizzard? Oooh ooh, kill confirmed? How about a Co Op mode where you fight zombies or robots? I know i'm kind of being a d*ck at this point, but really, there is nothing new and to make matters worse, you are getting less from the expansion, this wouldn't be so bad if it had an epic PVE story mode, but I have yet to find something intriguing. I think the biggest flaw since cata was creative designing,,,, where the hell is it? Everything since Cata feels like anything good stripped down to something extremely basic yet so bad that improving it wouldn't really make the core game play (Like TB) any better, it would just be masking it. I'm also rating it on the fact that I can't even install the freaking optimization patch, i get internet errors from blizzard telling me to check my connection, I have, and guess what, I'm fine, my friend is having the same problem, we both got good rigs and good internet, today the download bar moved to 0.5 before giving me this error, that only took a week... Look,,, iv'e been playing WoW since Burning Crusade, I was one of the first people on my server when it was starting, I have enjoyed WotLK because it had brought in cool new mechanics, but when Cata came, the quests were good in my opinion but the raiding and the dungeons were terrible, they started recycling more dungeons from the past to improvise extra stuff, we have been on a decline on brand new dungeons/raids/arena maps/Bgs since cata, we are paying 15 bucks a month and 40 dollars for each expansion that brings less and less, this needs to stop blizzard, stop being so high and mighty, and listen to your players.... Have a good one... Expand
  72. Sep 25, 2012
    sad part is most of these user reviews have to do with network issues, and not the game itself. and with the game barely out for 24 hours its safe to say most of them havent even reached half way thru the game or the zones. and dont even add in the heroics and raids ect. they fail to realize its not all about the lvling, part of it is but not all of it is. this will take time before it evens out... i hope. Expand
  73. Sep 25, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria - approved for ages Age 4+
    Save your money! It's almost like the business model for this expansion and WOW is the same as the big tobacco companies. The whole point of this expansion is to bring in really young players to try and replace the older player base. There is nothing new with the game. The first quest I did I flew in a copter and had to kill 60 mobs....but
    there was only one option. Press the number one every 4 seconds while the thing drove itself. No other choices to make but repeatedly pressing the number 1 for 10 minutes. It was clearly designed for a little kid. This is really sad too. Having been a Warcraft player since Orcs and Humans in the 90's I got this out of almost pure habit. I should have saved my money. Not worth $15 a month. This game barely could hold its own in the Free to Play category. It was a good run. RIP WOW :( Expand
  74. Sep 25, 2012
    Same old game, just more gimmicks and trying to appeal to an entirely different demographic.

Rush to level cap, get on the gear treadmill. Nothing new, save what looks to be a Facebook rip-off and Pokemon.
  75. Sep 25, 2012
    Well, Blizzard Entertainment has really done it this time.

Just when you thought World of Warcraft couldn't get any more tedious, Mists of Pandaria is released. Bugged zones, poorly designed quests and content, & a heavily flawed Cross-realm zoning feature. The play style is also the same as past expansions: Log in, rush to maximum level & begin the tired old gear treadmill once again.

Even the reviews on various forums, including the Battle.net forums, are full of harsh criticism for certain features that the development team forced on their customers. And in typical the fashion of Blizzard Entertaiment, all of the negative criticism is being ignored by the company. All in all, I give this expansion & the development team at Blizzard Entertainment a 2/10 for their effort.
  76. Sep 25, 2012
    Just overall a very poorly designed, poorly thought out expansion. Right off the bat you can tell that this expansion was designed with one goal in mind: Damage control. It is in it's entirety seems to have been produced only to attempt to recuperate subscribers. Tons of childish memes, Farmville, and a poor Pokemon rip-off don't help their case for a very serious title. Also the fact that this game has yet to UPDATE IT'S GRAPHICS, is really awful. If you're playing a race from The Burning Crusade and below, your character literally looks like it has been ported off of Nintendo 64. Quite frankly, the disparity between expansion graphics is astoundingly large, with each subsequent race appearing better than the next. I would also like to point out that most of, if not all the animations are shared, and rip-offs of animations that had already been in the game prior. One of the worst features of all has got to be the sheer simplification of the game. The removal of most of what made 'WoW', 'WoW' has had a profound effect on the game. Everything is literally handed to you on a silver platter. Gear, gold, you name it. It's yours. All you have to do is wait. Minimal effort, maximum reward. Talents are literally must picks. As there may be smaller amounts to choose from, the obvious dps increase, or heal increase, or mitigation talents are stupid obvious in terms of picking, leading to little or no care for learning how your class actually functions. On top of all that, recent features have given way to a near unplayable game. CRZ, or 'Cross Realm Zones' has allowed servers to group based on population deficiencies. However, it sounds great in theory, but what was supposed to make the world feel more alive, has actually contributed to it's downfall. Zones literally overlap, and if you're an unfortunate soul on a PvE or RP server, you're currently grouped with PvP servers. Do the math, you're pretty much fair game. If you're on a PvP server initially, have fun questing. As random ganking was the norm back in WoW's hay-day, World PvP has devolved into a 24/7 gank fest reminiscent of a private server. This unfortunate circumstance has lead to a near unplayable situation for those under level cap on PvP servers. In closing, I recommend those who view these reviews DO NOT purchase Mists of Pandaria, or even WoW as a whole if you can help it. The game has sadly devolved into too much of a mess. So much so that it's almost as if Blizzard could care less about their own game, so much as you just keep paying and don't mind the awfulness around you. Expand
  77. Sep 25, 2012
    The panda starting zone is mind numbingly boring. Not to mention how cheesey the pandas look. Whenever I see a panda running around I feel embarrassed to even be playing the game. Sub has been cancelled, game has been ruined. Sorry Blizzard but you just arent the same anymore :(
  78. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard makes you pay for the expansion, makes you pay for the month you want to play, makes you pay for character transfer, server transfer and everything they can... after that they release an expansion that is lackluster in every way and with horrible technical limitations, to top it off they make 6 dungeons and 2 rehash that are a complete AoE fest to make you stupid.
  79. Sep 25, 2012
    Most of the people leaving positive reviews here have only played this expansion for less than a day. Having played the Mists of Pandaria beta extensively, I can tell you that it is by far the worst World of Warcraft expansion yet. I would not recommend it for anyone.
  80. Sep 25, 2012
    Horrible game, CRZ, New "Talent" System, fixed mana. The arrogance of this company is astounding, I am glad I have finally woken up to it. This was once a good game. Not anymore, blizzard has saw to that.
  81. Sep 25, 2012
    Maybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait for quests. Why you think there wouldn't be should tell you how disconnected you are to the game and it's massive fanbase. Sadly, bug do plague the experience. Kinda sad that it's expected so I really won't deduct points (maybe 1 point). I'll be first to admit I was very skeptical and even trash talked WoW after the new patch. "Too easy" and "dumbed down" were my words....well that and "even retarded kittens can play this now". I'm excited to say with the new content it has been a tad more difficult however, not enough to give a higher score. If your like me and wanted more, this game does have it...you just need to look for it. Expand
  82. Sep 25, 2012
    wow this game is just sad. i know i know its only day one, but things will not get better and it will be back to same old grind. Game is out for what 24 hours and theirs a ton of max level characters now. Sorry blizzard not your best expansion by far. also that cross realm bs has to go.
  83. Sep 25, 2012
    Absolutely horrible. Can't believe I was duped into buying this turd. WoW is dead, the Pandas killed it. Maybe the under 12 crowd could enjoy this game now, but no adult could possibly take this game seriously any more. So sad.
  84. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard has insulted their player base with this lackluster expansion. If you thought Cata was bad, wait until you see Pandaria! This game might be ok for very small children due to it's extreme simplicity, ease of play, and cartoony graphics....... if it wasn't for the vile community. They somehow managed to dumb down the talent trees even further, taking all thought out of character development. Graphics and gear are a joke. Gameplay is still slow and sluggish, and feels outdated. Out of everything bad about this expansion, the Pandas have to be the worst part. They look ridiculous. Even in a game full of ridiculous creatures, the Pandas stand out as being overwhelmingly childish and lame. There are so many better mmos out there, and a lot of them are free. There is no reason to pay $15 a month for this horrible game anymore.

Please do not support or waste your money on this trash.
  85. Sep 25, 2012
    This expansion adds no innovative features to the game at all and only further shows that WoW is a shell of its former self. They have slowly begun releasing less and less regular updates to their games while keeping the $180 a year fee. All of the "new" features to this game are just different forms of scaling or, in the case of companion battles, just complete copies of other games/genre ideas. If there was ever a time to refrain from buying a WoW expansion it would be now. Expand
  86. Sep 25, 2012
    There isn't anything new here in WoW. Same ol' repetitive scheme of grinding through pointless new lands that nobody will go back to in later content. Weird to have a Panda Bear playing in World of Warcraft as well .... I guess some back room editor went to work and cut/edit the original lore of this game but ORCS vs. Humans is long gone for those mac players :). THis game is to bring in younger players with the cute little pandas in the video game b/c majority of the original WoW subscribers are all grown up and are no longer teens devoting sheer amounts of time enjoying end game contentt on this MMO. Oh and did I mention you ahve to do repetitive things (grinding dungeons, pvp battle grounds, daily quests) to enjoy end game Raids. Same ol' stuff here just a few new lands that will be dead in about 6 months. Expand
  87. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard dropped the ball even before Cata, they made players wait 9 additional months for content, including making the PvP season that lasted 9 months total rather than the normal 3 months. They basically just said FU to their player base and told us to wait. Whats funny is this company used to be awesome, now its trash. This is what happens when you sell out to **** Bobby, he is a business man, and not a gamer. Everquest 3 is the only MMO that I am looking forward to, lets hope they releases some info on it soon. Death to WoW. Expand
  88. Sep 25, 2012
    The death of a giant. Same old same old. No new artwork, bad design, changing things that do not need changing. Voiceovers are bad. Once was a great MMO, now just a stale piece of junk. Blizzard needs to hire people who care about games, not those who just want to make money by insulting the customer.
  89. Sep 25, 2012
    Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion.

Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. The
    accompanying music has an appropriate oriental feel mixed with the oldschool tunes of Warcraft 3, which they seem to be trying to bring back in to the game.

I thought the pet battles would be a somewhat amusing side feature, and was surprised to learn how in-depth they went in to creating that system and its content. If you liked Pokémon, you'll probably get some fun out of the pet battle system. Don't look for the same amount of depth, however.

The pandas have an interesting and sometimes amusing story. If you're looking for a dead serious, no-funny-business, don't play the Pandarian race. There's still plenty to keep you entertained that's not your cup of tea, however.

This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Don't get me wrong, some of the quests are great, but you can definitely tell when a quest was phoned in.

The dungeons are short and to the point. This may please some, although I did find myself pausing after completing my first few dungeons and going: "that's it?" They're been streamlined for the new challenge modes and it shows. The new class talent system is a step up from the previous talent trees, although it does seem to lack the depth that it previously had. Despite the claims of the developers, there are clear winners in most categories for the talent you want to take. Unfortunately, there are also useless talents that you instantly know will be useless in the vast majority of situations. It's a good thought, but there's still plenty of work to be done.

Its buggy introduction quests are not a reason to dock an entire point as it's not a game stopper, but it could definitely have been handled better. I'm not sure how the main intro quests still had issues upon launch after the extensive beta testing this game received.

The expansion will unfortunately be remembered for its shaky quest start if they don't fix that very, very soon. There are also issues that will manifest themselves during leveling such as some class healing specs not having essential leveling abilities such as AoE.

TLDR: If you liked Wrath of the Lich King, you'll probably like this expansion. It's not perfect, but it's a step up in game quality overall.
  90. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if you were burnt out of WoW. I vowed never to return but im having so much fun I dont regret it one bit. MUST PLAY! Expand
  91. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard knows high population servers need more attention.... Yet they still dont fix the laggy-ness on their end... What a fail...There is so much money being pumped into that company, and they can't even keep the server's in tip top shape... When you are a leader in the industry, you want people to look up to you.. Not look AT you, and criticize you...
  92. Sep 25, 2012
    Going from cata to this was a bad idea from the start, I was worried this would attract a younger audience, and I can already tell it HAS, my realm has so many panda races now, and all the new people don't know how to play and type like 12 year old's. WORST EXPANSION.
  93. Sep 25, 2012
    To start off the expansion, you're greeted with some of the most poorly done cut scenes ever done in a modern game. Terrible voice acting? When there is voice acting it's pretty bad, but even that's better than no voice acting at all - this is how most of the cut scenes are. Silent w/ text at the bottom.

Once you get past all of that, you'll find yourself on the isle of Pandaria -
    which in an of itself is not a bad looking place. However it becomes clear that this isn't much of an expansion, but rather a little bit more of the same old same old you've come accustomed to over the last couple of years. All in all, this is one to skip. Expand
  94. Sep 25, 2012
    After their Cataclysm expansion, where the main focus landed onto the casual players, i get the feeling after playing about 5 hours that also this expansion will all be about playing as little as you can, but get as much profit and loot as possible. Due to the fact that the previous expansions held on to the core mechanic of the original world of Warcraft, the more you play the better the game becomes. Because of this change i get the feeling, why should i keep paying for something that is not rewarding? It sure is fun don't get me wrong, if you want the hours to keep flowing away. Expand
  95. Sep 25, 2012
    fantastica expansion , un inicio espectacular muy interesante con el principe secuestrado empiza tu aventura
    por estas tierras maravillosas de pandaria sin duda un 10 para blizzard
  96. Sep 25, 2012
    I think by now we can all agree that they should erase this game and Cata from WoW History. Metsin needs a reality check. Sure pandas isn't the worst idea, but it's not what this game needed to be saved. I miss the slight complexity of the first three expansions. It's all downhill from here.
  97. Sep 25, 2012
    Can't believe I bought this game. The whole idea of it should have turned me off from the get go, but loyalty to the series made me want to try it. The game has become a simplistic MMO that requires very little time and effort to play, which is not what I'm looking for. A dumbing down of a genre is what were seeing here.
  98. Sep 25, 2012
    So far, less than 12 hours after launch its too early to give a representative score. I wouldnt read too much into the scored given, check the history and you will see they post 10 for guild wars 2 which means ofcourse they are going to give a 0 to MOP.

The release could of gone better for sure, but every single MMO can say they same, they all have problems to start with. This part
    did frustrate me, especially with Blizzard promising the most bug free launch ever. They simply didnt deliver on that.

In terms of content, I am really pleased with what I have seen, the Monk class is great fun, the Panda race add an interesting element, and the impacts of Horde V Alliance ultimatly disrupting the natural balance of the area really is an interesting concept, which so far has worked really well.

For me so far the best parts have been 3 fold: Talent trees, the direction blizzard has gone is the future. Cookie cutter doesnt give choice, as everyone picks the same, so really there is no choice. With the new talent trees the choices are real and there isnt any right or wrong answer only your own play style.

Secondly Challange mode. I am really excited about speed runs, we used to do something similar inguild with 2 10 man raid groups forming at the same time competing to who would finish first. This gives it an upgrade and gives standard gear for everyone.

Scenarios. This element adds group questing as well as allowing for standard queueing, working towards common goals. I think wow players dont want to work with people becide them by default. I curse the screen when someone pulls my mob, I like that element. Scenarios means if I want to work with others I can do, and offers massive flexibility, with story scenarios allowing people to see first hand the lore.

I am really pleased so far, and would recommend people to ignore the marmite guidl wars fan buoy reviews given so far
  99. Sep 25, 2012
    Poor design, poorly planned out, causal-ized skills, bad launch. This xpac will be the downfall of WoW. Crossrealm is interesting, however it's lead to camp-the-spawn world PVP. Piles of bones at spawn and portal points. The expansion quests - mobbed with players trying to do "spawns once every 10 minutes" destroyable objects. Severe bottleneck quests that have long cinematic scenes, and require certain objects to be destroyed. Seriously, you'd think blizzard - with hundreds of millions in revenue, near a decade of running an MMO ... would they know how to design and run one? It's falling apart, it's like they want to destroy it. I didn't think there could be a step down from Cata, but there IS. And Mists of Pandaria - is it. Don't buy it if you haven't bought it. It's bad. Expand
  100. Sep 25, 2012

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]