4.6

1. Nov 11, 2014
    This is by far the worst expansion. The story was not very interesting. The game was way too simple and I could barely play the game because of a lack of interest in the topic of the expansion. I like the Asian theme and the Pandaren, but an entire expansion devoted to the topic felt very unnecessary and a bit much. I felt as though it was all nonsense except for the parts regarding the Celestials and the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. SoO was the only good part of the story in the entire expansion and it was exciting to take down Garrosh for the first time after almost tearing apart the Horde. I wish Thrall would have played a bigger role in this expansion. Hopefully, Blizzard can fix all their mistakes in Warlords of Draenor. Expand
  2. Nov 4, 2014
    It's easy to see Blizzards game plan. Make money, for as long as it's possible, and spend as little effort as possible during the time. Mist of Pandaria brings nothing good to the table. They have dumbed down exactly everything. The talents are no longer any talent tree. There are just a few abilites where you can chose some of them. Sure it makes the game easier to balance, cause you can't do anything. But it's boring and bland. A grey nothingness of choices.
    The instances where easy before, but now they can be done with two people of low item level (poor gear).
    The heroics which should be the "The instance is now in hard mode" are so easy that they can be done with three people with average item level.
    This results in a party just running through an instance as fast as possible, just to try to get some loot (That will be disposed of within 3 playing hours, so it doesnt really matter anyway)

The raids are plain stupid. Learn where the ground AE hits or just stand in it. It does not matter. The raid will win anyway.
    After you've done the braindead and boring raids, you will have to wait a week to be able to do anything at all.

Of cource, this is at max level. But it takes roughly 20 hours to become high level. So it's basicly the whole game.

There is no longer any reason to play this. It's a scramble of button mashing and shiny colors, nothing more. It lacks all weight and all sort of challenge to anyone over eight years of age.

(My daughter is currently playing it on my account, and she is performing excellent, and she is eight years old. That is saying a lot of the game)

This is no longer an mmo, this is a kids color splash with low ambitions.
    I believe that Blizzard will have to change their company policy or die slowly, cause after World of warcrafts latests fails and Diablo 3 it's clear that they no longer want to create good games. They want the games to be as easy as possible to reach out to as many kids as possible, to get more cash in the bank.

It's sad for a hardcore warcraft/starcraft/diablo2 fan to see the company turn to this. I guess it's money that control their actions, and the vision to become a good game developer is long gone.
  3. Oct 23, 2014
    Played this game since BC, the game is designed for kids now. Everything in this game is so simple now and requires no skills at all even a monkey could play it. Do yourself a favor and buy guild wars 2.
  4. Oct 19, 2014
    Pre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They half implemented a new bag system, however, they forgot to include the most important part, assigning a bag to "Trash items"... Oh wait, nvm, trash items somehow get stored in EQUIPMENT BAGS!!! Absolutely no redeeming elements, now. Its GARBAGE!!!! Go play a better game, ffxiv, swtor, hell even ESO is better than this trash. Expand
  5. Oct 15, 2014
    People hate this expansion too much while I admit its not the best it diffidently does not deserve this. Issue one people have is talents. Talents are a lot better now back in BC and Wrath people just copied talents so each class had the same setup now each class has to change there talents depending on the boss. Its too easy outside of PTR the normal and heroics have a low completion rate.

Now here are justified complaints

Lore there is none its all made up outside stormstout
    Raids are range friendly and leave melee out in the cold.
    raids are forgettable for the most part.

its not the best expansion hell its probably last on my list but its not TERRIBLE!
  6. Oct 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really love this game, specially when they added the Flexible raid patch. I think that if they use this type of flexible raid technology blizzard can revamp old content to adjust according to player (character) character level. for instance, level 80 raid will not accept lower level players however, a level 80 player will not difference in the content. But when like now a level 90 or a 100 when WoD releases, if they enter a level 80 instance, the bosses with the flexible raid technology will adjust their Health difficulty so that players that are higher level would not easily browse through the level 80 content solo. I mean, I like to solo content, but being lonely all the time takes a toll on you, so I recommend this technology to fix the solo content problem that the game currently has. I give it a 10 because blizzard while they have their down side, they also strive in making vast game. While not spoiling the fun, I do currently play in WoD beta, and I love my garrison. It could be better but blizzard will get there eventually. Expand
  7. Oct 4, 2014
    For any new player thinking of giving this a go my advice is to stay away unless you want to spend endless money on a Pay to Win game.
    Once upon a time you payed your $15 a month and that was it. Now you have to pay your $15 PLUS endless micro transactions if you want to experience everything in the game.
    You pay for everything. Want a good mount - you pay. Want to change server to play
    with your friends - you pay. Want a descent pet - you pay, want a hat - you pay, lol want a haircut - you pay. Want to play a lvl 90 - you pay ($60)
    And these fees range from $15 - $60!!!!! each.
    Stay away from this money grabbing rubbish.
  8. Oct 2, 2014
    Love the game and the lore, absolutely hate the players, and the people who play it, you can get harassed and mistreated badly on this game and i would not intend on letting younger kids play it because they have a realm just for erp, which is where people have cyber sex, and it is disgusting if you do play do not go to moon guard and i would not recommend having your child being able to communicate/chat with other players at all i have played for 9 years and this game has really lost it's touch due to it's players which i would not have a problem with if the GAME MASTERS didn't treat you like a number, which they do of course because there are so many players and they don't care about you or how much money you spend, also the game is way to expensive 14.99 a month A MONTH just to be harassed and mistreated by other players... no thanks.... i stopped playing period and have found a different game to play because of the players on this game.... i do not recommend this game to younger kids or suicidal people because ... the players are so mean and disrespectful on this game that it will be the last game you ever play.

this is coming from a person who has played for 9 years.
  9. Sep 29, 2014
    still the best mmo there is and i have tried them all, very nice graphics even its old, and very good music. to bad i dont have time to raid anymore, that was just so fun :)
  10. Sep 12, 2014
    Pros: N/A

Cons: "Pandaria" is obnoxious and didn't exist in the lore until Activision-Blizzard wanted to contrive another money-grubbing expansion for the game; the Panda-China theme is unneeded and annoying, and probably shows Blizzard's new market bias; the game lore was destroyed after Deathwing came back to life for the "Cataclysm expansion; highly inflationary economy; terrible
    leveling and gear systems where for example a level one character cannot even harm a level 80; each new expansion effectively resets the game, making your previous achievements through time invested worthless; game is deliberately designed like a giant money-generating hamster wheel for the players to run on, that is it rewards time invested very much and actual skill very little; once a new expansion is out, you can really no longer play the older versions of the game you had paid for.

Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Graphics 8/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 5/10, Voice Acting 5/10, Background Story 1/10, Plot Development 0/10, Realism 0/10, Gameplay 0/10, Replay Value 0/10, Game Publisher's Ethics -100/10, Total Score 0/10

Conclusion: Ignore this game instead of playing or buying it.
  11. Aug 9, 2014
    Mists of Pandaria provides a nice and enjoyable storyline and from that perspective the game is quite a bit of fun. The renovations to the class skill trees takes a bit of getting used to, but it does simplify things considerably.

Crafting this time around leaves a bit to be desired. I do like the idea of the "research" mechanism, but I believe that the patterns that you research
    should provide more "bang for the buck" so to speak. I've leveled up two professions that require the use of this research component, leatherworking and tailoring. What I have found is that there are a great deal of blue level PVP patterns that you will acquire through research. This is great for the players who are just beginning PVP, and as they acquire honor will quickly replace this gear. The downside, is that well after you have earned a full set of Purple PVP gear, your toon is still learning even more blue PVP patterns. This gets in the way of learning the PVE patterns which will be needed for PVE content (upper level dungeons, heroics and raiding). And since you can only research twice each day, this will become a very long drawn out process, and by the time you have obtained the PVE patterns you need, you may have already acquired better gear. This almost makes the crafting professions somewhat obsolete (with one major exception being the item enhancements you can craft...such as armor kits and Linings for leatherworkers and Spellthreads for tailors).

PVP, one area of the game that I enjoy since it's something I can do anytime without having to form up a group, has it's own challenges. Blizzard has been increasing the degree of Crowd Control (CC) mechanics in the game with each new release. They believe the counter for this is the "Trinket" which is a one shot every couple of minutes.. Unfortunately, when you are fighting classes with multiple CC mechanics, you are essentially locked down for the fight without the ability to actually play your character. This renders PVP for some classes the equivalent of watching a cinematic rather than actually playing the game. Unfortunately, Blizzard has consistently ignored the multitude of posts on the forums regarding this issue, and you will often find the players who play these classes responding with the out "L2P" (learn to play) response or referring to the not so helpful trinket. I've enjoyed many aspects of WOW, but I have a good feeling that as long as blizzard keeps going down this path and not addressing problems such as this (items that prevent players from playing, and therefore enjoying the game) World of Warcraft will eventually begin to fade as more and more MMOs come onto the market to steal away Blizzards thunder.
  12. Jun 22, 2014
    I really hated panda/asia theme, but I suppose that subjective. When I saw huge rabbits and carrots I wanted to puke and asked myself if this maybe is korean mmo?

Besides that I missed lack of end-game 5-mans (I played from 5.2+), PvP got neglected as usual by Blizzard (so much potential wasted...), island-zones were nice as expected (TBC players remember), LFR was nice (until
    introduction of Flex).

Blizzard of course as usual mismanaged content updates and soon we will have one year of 5.4 path which I find unacceptable in monthly fee game - but if people pay then I do not blame them for that.

Let's hope WoD will return this game closer to golden era (TBC/WOTLK).
  13. Jun 5, 2014
    The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.

All that is left of this soulless game is meaningless grinding in the form of laughable "daily missions" which was Blizzard's trumphcard to try and make people come back to the game but ultimately only served to reinforce the notion that blizzard priorities income>fun instead of making genuinely fun and enjoyable products.

I can only hope that they will not also screw up Heroes of the Storm.
  14. Jun 5, 2014
    I felt like this expansion started out VERY strong. I was impressed with the story and all the zones. That is, until I finished the quests and was left with dailies. This is the first expansion that I felt had not a single fun raid boss fight. Every raid was hard and tedious for the sake of being hard and tedious, nothing was made to be fun and challenging a the same time. Hell, even the previous expansion had enjoyable fights and people complain about those being hard all the time! The sheer amount of daily grind that I had to do prevented me from fully enjoying PVP and raid content and was pushed out of raiding and PVP for the first time in any expansion. Many of my friends came back to this expansion excited but quickly left after 2 months. Failure to keep players is not the fault of the player! The community has utterly destroyed this game's enjoyment for me and I'm sure many others.
    Final thoughts; Game grinds to a painful stop once you hit 90 and have to grind (even after all the changes made), getting into normal pick up groups (what I considered to be a staple of wow raiding) is impossible due to a toxic community. The community being toxic is a strange side effect of the internet an while I can't say WOW invented the problem (it's a problem in every mmo) it ruins the game!
    At the start of the game it was going to get a 10; -2 for grinding problems -2 community -2 for ending the expansion on a grind island. -1 for being unable to keep players interested (lack of innovation?).
  15. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has so many features that it is like owning several games in one - player verses player, player verses environment, pet verses pet, players working as teams to accomplish goals.

Great graphics and back stories

Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult
    and teenage children for years. This is an easy way to stay in touch and have fun together as a family. Expand
  16. Jun 3, 2014
    4.x User score?? ...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is ... negatives. Yep 540 negatives and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing. Great game, best MMO. Vivala Blizz.
  17. Apr 18, 2014
    Level 1: Kill 10 boars, collect 10 apples. Level 10: Kill 10 cats, collect 8 apples. Level 30: Kill 10 ghosts, collect 6 apples. Level 80: Oh you get there from level 1 since a friend "resurrect scroll"ed you. Collect 6 apples though. Level 90: Raid same dungeon over and over and over and over.... Collect 4 apples. This game is crap. The Realm Vs Realm is crap. Each server has 1 realm with drastically more people, and they always destroy. Literally ANY game with a 3 realm system is better by far.

Don't waste your time or money.
  18. Apr 16, 2014
    Blizzard falls further and further away from the once groundbreaking and incredibly enjoyable game experience they once offered. With all the changes, this game will likely never be as good as it once was.
  19. Feb 24, 2014
    The quality of this expansion vary on where are you coming from. If you want a cheerful asian-themed MMORPG resembling Diablo III with game mechanics, then this expansion might be pretty good for you. If you played all the other expansions of WoW, you might be disappointed. If you play RPGs for story, character progression, atmosphere, immersion etc. don't even bother considering it. If you played the original WoW and TBC and have no experience with later expansions, stay away from this. WoW is no longer a game for the RPG crowd. I played this expansion briefly, finished the story-line in few days and was done with it. All the other expansions left at least some feeling in my. This one... complete hollowness. The game has become very shallow and it aims at players with no imagination, inteligence and self-respcet. One point for all what is left in the game from its original. One point for the very few people I can still meet there and have a chat with them. Expand
  20. Feb 21, 2014
    At first I was put off by the entire idea of a Panda expansion for my World of Warcraft game. It felt too kiddish. However, after playing through the new areas of content I was blown away by the rich storytelling. This expansion was an improvement in quest design, class balance, and end-game content than what we saw in Cataclysm. Still ranking slightly behind Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK though.
  21. Feb 12, 2014
    I know this game isn't exactly for adults, but I never felt that I was in a kid (targeted) game. That is until I fought a boss that consisted of a rabbit burping carrots at me while I played whack-a-mole, then I finished it off by fighting a beer monster in china town. Ugh...I can't do this any more.
  22. Jan 30, 2014
    There is so much to be said about this expansion, for better or for worse. For me, there are things I like, but more things I can't stand. The pet battles put me off at first, but it turned out to be a fun diversion.

Things I didn't like...the horribly dumbed-down talent system. The new quests. All of Pandaria. Pandas. The massive scale of grinding. Having things to do is good, but come
    on. Having a couple of big daily quest hubs with their own faction is nice. But I don't need a rep grind to unlock more quests to unlock more dailies to rep up to unlock another faction to rep up to get more dailies. Optional stuff like the Agent Tournament in WOTLK or Firelands dailies from Cataclysm give you a diversion for about an hour a day. Finish up your quests, then move on to something else. With MoP, doing all of the dailies to rep up with factions is hours of monotonous garbage. The dungeons are so easy that very little proficiency is required to get through and win loot. They took an already easy raiding system from Cataclysm and made it even MORE easy due to people whining. It made me ask why I even bothered. Why play a game when the most interesting aspects for me were soloing old raids and hunting rare pets? When pet battle dailies are more entertaining than the rep grind dailies, what else can you say than: design problems.

One of the biggest problems with this expansion is what drew the most ire from veterans. The downright silliness and cringeworthy bubblegum pop feeling of the quest, characters, and continent in this expansion. The game has never been too serious to begin with, but some parts of it did have some dark undertones that created a unique experience. There were pop culture references, but they were scattered about. Now, they are constantly rammed in your face.

It takes a lot for me to roll my eyes and groan at how bad something is, and there were way too many of those moments leveling in Pandaria. Some of the quests and characters are so over-the-top that things meant to be mildly amusing make you want to laugh out loud, and not in a good way.

Cataclysm was not a great expansion. But it was still better than MoP. Some of these problems started showing up in Cataclysm, but at least the game still somewhat felt like Warcraft. Everything about Pandaria feels completely out of place. I still shake my head unable to comprehend how turning an old April Fool's joke into a full expansion to the biggest MMO that exists seemed like a good idea. Maybe I should have expected this, given how badly Diablo 3 and Cataclysm turned out.
  23. Jan 12, 2014
    This addon ist NOT for players who enjoy to play a variety of classes for multiple reasons. Be it crafting materials that you can only gather by playing your -one same- character but not by trading, the farming of faction reputation (per character) or daily as well as weekly duties (per character) that you have to do over and over again, unless you want to be excluded from the rest of the content due to gear level.

If you make it: still endgame is hell. Outside of raids you won't find anything that isn't dumbed down. There's just nothing to do that makes sense whatsoever. Leveling is broken (too fast, super easymode, skipping lots of content, role system broken in low dungeons because of easymode npcs). PVP is broken (item level for PVP is no competition for PVE players, no change in the world for PVP victories, no sense as of what PVP should be good for in this game). Raiding can only be done once per week due to an ID system that flags the content until reset - which is once per week. So it's like a waiting game until you're allowed to do stuff again.

I'm looking hard, really, really hard for some kindness and teamplay in this game but it's nowhere to be found so far. Because everything has been anonymized along with the dumbing down people can and will try to do everything by themselves alone - in an MMO ! Others are merely a pest or random annoyance. Gameplay favors that by cornering the classes in their roles without any way to prove useful out of that role as well as the way classes are designed: Not teamplay is relevant for everyone. It's just relevant that YOU play you OWN CLASS well enough to survive - except for healers of course who are responsible for everyone.

I can hardly put my finger on the -one thing- that is broken in that game because there's so much wrong with it now. Basically it's become a game of ego players that want the best items while looking down on all others and trying to do everything alone and/or start griefing on others.
    It's not the MMO with a kind community and teamplay that it once was. The thing is: I could put myself to use but because there's only raid content where that really matters I feel like there's no other place for me to be - except for once per week, of course.

Pandas are not the problem with that addon. Just another race added. The problems are broken mechanics everywhere, a world that has content added to it, one addon at a time while the previous content is basically dead and a community that is merely centered around endgame and toxic behaviour because the game has become so boring that this is the most interesting thing that one can actually do.

I had to take a break at the end of the previous addon, "Cataclysm", because it was long overdue to release new story content aka the next addon which took quite a long time. I waited some time after MoP before I started so that I could start my question without facing overrun zones with harsh competition but still there was just no place for me to be. As tank or healer I don't have any good options outside of instanced content. So I am forced to play a damage based class outside - or I play my -one- raid per week. Below the raiding difficult there is only very shallow instanced content and nothing that matters in the outside world.

Just no fun. Add toxic people, have your Wow experience. That's how it is.

Take this rating as a 3/10 instead of a 4/10 if you play on those servers that have technical problems quite frequently or such a low Horde / Alliance population that the auction house and guilds are quite empty.
  24. Jan 12, 2014
    I played it for 8 years and I was, at different times, role-player with quests, profession farmer, gold farmer, explorer, serious raider and a sad veteran in the end. Its just not what it used to be. I put some things that players might remember or want back:

1) Mounts became useless and easy to get, you can summon and wait EVERYTHING. You pet may get one any of these days.
    Professions are easy and good for I don't know what anymore...
    3) You may get lvl 90 without questing and using LFG/LFR easily
    4) Epic items are easier to get when compared to common and uncommon. The hardest to find are the gray items that we use to sell when questing.( prove is that enchanting mats from epics most times are the cheapest available in AH)
    5) Classic dungeons are so dead...
    6) The old expansions have no value AT ALL. They are needed because they are pre-requisite for the new one. The old raids have no real value.
    7) Old areas have no real value, they are totally dead
    8) World pvp for resources, dungeon summon, fun are GONE forever...
    9) BARRENS CHAT is no more...
    10) STV pvp have vanished...
    11) Auction house, well... I won't even comment...

That's it...we need to wait for the next real good MMO, because right now there is no heir to WoW in the market.
  25. Dec 18, 2013
    I don't understand why people are so hating this expansion. In my opinion its great. Maybe not that good as Wrath of the Lich King, or The Burning Crusade, but still. There are a lot of new content with every patch. Yea game became easy, but... who cares
  26. Nov 18, 2013
    I've played World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Albeit, I did stop playing TBC the start of Cata, but that doesn't stop me being able to give my impressions on the current expansion, before the new one comes out and changes everything.

Now I know many onlookers to WoW are like: "Wow, look at the pandas. What this, Kung Fu Panda?". I know we're kinda past that now, but it still comes up in
    a few places, here and there. Out in real life. "Oh, you play WoW? Didn't they add Kung Fu Pandas?". You look at the ground, frowning. Pandaren, as they're referred to in-game, weren't the massive flop many expected them to be. A lot of people rolled a Pandaren, and you see quite a few flying around their respective capital city. The new continent, Pandaria, looking graphically striking compared to past zones, with its giant world bosses and impressive rolling hills and ancient structures. The land itself is beautiful, and a joy to explore.

We'll start off talking about Pandaria then. As I said, Blizzard opted to update the graphics significantly in Pandaria, making the land one pretty place. Pink-blossomed trees blowing in the wind, the light breeze of background music it all creates a very nice atmosphere of an ancient time-lost land that you're exploring. The decision to not let you fly in Pandaria until max level (90), was a great choice. It means that you get to actually experience the environment instead of flying high above, not caring in the slightest what's down below. It also gives way for World PVP to occur the enemy faction attacking you, or you attacking them. Only if you're on a PVP server, of course. And its likely that the enemies you find from the opposite faction are actually your level, making it a fair fight. You do get the occasional maxed out ganker, but those moments are few and far between. The new continent itself is a joy to explore and level in.

But what happens when you 'ding' 90? Yes, you've done it! Max level! The game really opens up. You can now do raids get together a group of 10-25 people and take on some of the hardest bosses. Or do LFR, and get grouped with other similar players to take on a 25-man raid. In terms of raiding, MoP shines. The raids are varied and very interesting, and the bosses are epic in scale. However, I do feel that LFR is too easy in most circumstances if you have a non-braindead group you can easily faceroll through all the bosses no problem. This is LFR though, so that's to be expected. The real challenge comes in Normal or Heroic versions of the raids, pumping up the difficulty substantially. Also, there's one more option Flexible raiding. This allows a group of anywhere in between 10 and 25 people to do a raid and the difficulty scales with the amount of people, as well as the loot. Flex is harder than LFR, and provides just the right amount of challenge for many players. In terms of raiding and endgame, MoP gets a big fat golden tick.

But what of the new class, the monk? I've played the monk for a bit, to around level 25, and it seems very fun. Talking to a 90 monk, they seem to really like this class, for all it's worth. Monks can choose all 3 positions Tank, DPS, or Healer with their 3 specs. At lower levels, monks do seem to be very OP, especially in BGs and Dungeons, but this levels out in the higher levels. Overall, the monk class is a worthy addition to the current classes, and you have to admit punching people in the face is bloody cool.

There's so much more I could say about this expansion, but... wait a second. There's one thing I've got to talk about. Pet Battles. Just seriously, hear me out. Pet battles are like Pokémon, but in WoW. When you're not raiding, or doing anything else, you can summon out your pets and battle other players in a Poké-like experience. You can even catch Rare and Epic rated pets. Seriously, it's really addictive and a lot of fun a worthy addition to this expansion.

As this review and expansion draws to a close, it's a perfect time to say that I've really enjoyed this expansion. The new Warlords of Draenor expansion is just around the corner, and that looks to be some of the best WoW times yet. I look forward to the future of this game and have truly enjoyed my time in this expansion.

8/10. If haven't before, pick up WoW and give it a go. I'm not kidding.
  27. Nov 14, 2013
    Lol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvp player and oldschool raider and nothing is changing in me as a player each time i play it i just want to play more i have 4 lvl 90's and i think that shows the time and dedication i put into this game the only game i play right now.
    They have enhanced on the graphics remade some of the raids recreated the character models Pandas look great the new monk class is brilliant the new raids battlegrounds are great the new secrets monuts and rewards are awsome.
    Blizzard please keep doing what your doing as this game has made me and my friends happy for years and every year you just make it better Please capture this again and again and again your so good at making great games for me this was one of the easiest 10 out of 10's my fav game ever and my fav expansion!
  28. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Gear has been updated, new mounts look good, more lighting, the game constantly upgrades even though this expansion hasn’t seen the most. WoW still has amazing graphics for its artistic style. New environments look good as well. 10.
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they
    don’t feel like a chore. Not many new gameplay elements were added in this title, and raiding seems more casual than before, as well as the heroics when you first hit 90. The game remains similar to previous expansions with this one having more of a focus on gaining rep just to buy gear. New battlegrounds are a nice mix taking a page from Rift’s library, and a cart mode that I like to compare with Team Fortress, although the carts always move and it’s more like a king of the hill/carts. New hero class added, look out for panda monks! 10.
    Story: The focus of this expansion dives real deep in this expansion, too much to explain, I wasn’t to particularly interested, but lore fans won’t be disappointed. 10.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth the hours you get! 10.
    Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  29. Nov 6, 2013
    graphics 6/10 visually it was stunning but this is 2013, you should be updating the way the game looks and plays at least a little bit 10 years after launch

story 10/10 I thought I wouldn't enjoy pandas, but the story line was actually enjoyable.

pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a
    bit overpowered at first, but I assume they were making up for the season before that in which warriors were the "lame ducks" of pvp.

raiding 5/10 I do not like the "find a group" raiding system. It takes all the fun out of raiding.
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    I believe it has come to a point where no expansion can satisfy me. I no longer play World of Warcraft for the content, but for the memories. The game has been a huge part of my life and to be honest, it's quite hard to let go. Many times I have cancelled my subscription only to subscribe yet again in less than a month, regardless of the fact that I log on to the game so rarely now.

As
    for this particular expansion, I must say I love the design and graphics behind it. They really surpassed their previous expansions in that regard. I absolutely loved exploring Pandaria and the Pandaren starting area. Had they allowed flying mounts in Pandaria right off the bat, I would've missed out on so much. The dungeons did not impress me, though they also had great design behind them. I believe this is because I have become too familiar with the game and lost any sense of adventure there used to be.

World of Warcraft is still, undeniably, the best MMORPG there is and I'm likely to continue buying future expansions to come, but the game will never feel the way it used to. But it's not Blizzard's fault, it's just the way things are.
  31. Oct 27, 2013
    Mists of Pandaria continues what has been bothering me for awhile--the dumbing-down of WoW while I'm aware that WoW has its share of pre-teen players, have people REALLY complained that much about running out of arrows/ammo and/or a pet who's fractious because you forgot to FEED it I think these little things teach valuable lessons--like Be Prepared !
    I can't really complain about the
    Panda-oids--after all they have Orcs and Cow-People in WoW. the Pandaren landscape was nicely done, and the martial-arts component as well.
    But--Wow has lost me because the game has just been dumbed-down too much. It's sad because I spent many a night skulking around--as either a Rogue or a Druid in cat-form. Fun times.
  32. Oct 25, 2013
    While nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gear handouts and not enough challenging exclusive content. Expand
  33. Sep 26, 2013
    MoP is pretty much the most packed WoW expansion to date with something for everyone, and a statement that WoW is still the MMO king.

Sad to see the low user score it's gotten due to trolls and just general idiots who doesn't have the mental strengh to see past the fact that the game is good despite the inclusion of pandas.
  34. Sep 25, 2013
    Each WoW expansion has felt like a watered down version of the one before it. The complexity that made the game great is gone, pandering instead to the lowest common denominator player.
  35. Sep 22, 2013
    Don't listen to all the whiny anti-WoW fanboys, enough is enough. If you hate WoW, don't go around telling people lies about how it's a grind fest and not fun, because both are 100% false.

WoW is by far the most polished and enjoyable MMO I've ever played, for 8 long years now, and while I've tried every other WoW "killer" out there, none come close, none have "killed" WoW, in fact it's
    still the #1 MMO in the world by far, 8 years in a row. Why? Because it's the best damn MMO ever made and the rest of the industry doesn't have a clue. WoW has a bit of everything for everyone, and even more surprising, an incredibly rich story that drives its ever growing world. Two things more that WoW does right that others fail: PvP and end-game raiding.

There is nothing quite as balanced or challenging as WoW when it comes to PvP and end-game, and the WoW haters know it, so they QQ 24/7 on places like this instead of playing their precious WoW "killer" game. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a raid to go to. FOR THE ALLIANCE!
  36. Sep 22, 2013
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot be challenged by any game on the world. So for the Content i would give WoW 100/100 points for this About the Design: This game got a lot of characters 2 Worlds designed by Blizzard Entertainment. The staff did a good job giving the players 2 planets with a lot of area designed a lot of characters hairstyles etc. This game is one of the best games on the World if you judge it right. This game requires a lot of word especially at lv 90 on PvP or Pve It needs more time to get PvP and Pve Gear on both primary and secondary talents. Lets judge the lore behind the game: I have always been a fan of WoW lore because it got so many characters and leaders with their long stories. The Lore of WoW is one of the biggest stories in the world. I always think that the lore is one of the important parts of the game. Going back to desing There are a lot of wearing that characters use on WoW which are also designed by blizzard entertainment. WoW its one of the best games in the world if you judge it right. WoW doesnt have high level graphic but that doesnt mean that playing it will not be fun.

As for the poor gamers here who rate it 0 or 10 learn to judge a game and stop writing foolishes about it. You are not rating the game you are writting just things that you experience.
  37. Sep 19, 2013
    I was subbed to WoW for possibly 3 years straight, once Cataclysm came along I re-subbed and play for about a month.

After Diablo 3 and Cataclysm I started to sour on my Blizzard love. I had been an avid fan of the company since I was in 4th grade with Warcraft I. Pandaria seemed like a joke to me, it seemed a casual ploy. And maybe it is to a degree.

I remember the first days of the
    original WoW.... how long everything took. It really felt like getting to level 60 was going to be a huge achievement. But, thank goodness they did away with that level of grind so that you would be able to level a couple of classes a little quicker and get to your raid.

On a whim I recently decided to get Mists for $20. Watched the GameTrailers review and I trust that guy.

I am delighted with this expansion; I feel somewhat bad that I never gave this expansion a chance from the very beginning. I cannot devout a lot of time to any video game and I wish WoW would have gone F2P as well, but while I play this expansion I realize why it has not. There is a reason I am not still playing GW2, or Neverwinter, or any of the countless other pieces of MMOs. WoW still has creativity, it still has a vibrant soul that I cannot deny. I am glad I was able to unfurl it's claw from my mind for a while, but nonetheless roaming through it's world is a wonder.

MoP may not be nearly as ambitious as other WoW expansions and this, I find, to be it's strongest suite. The design is tight, questing is streamlined, the environments open. I loved stumbling upon a small village with 3 tight quests then journeying on-wards through majestic environments that recall the original WoW to some degree.

The sound design is solid, the new zones are solid and more down-to-Earth in a WoW sense, pop-culture references abound (the whole thing somewhat based on Rashomon), whimsical, goofy and actually slightly matured and extremely polished.

The game may not be innovative, but this is WoW. Ultima Online was more ambitious and innovative than WoW years before WoW ever set foot. It's no big deal, innovation was never in the cards for WoW even though it tore this whole genre into such a specific and emulated genre no one has been able to touch the magic Blizzard created. Blizzard once again prove with this expansion that they are design geniuses; they realize what they have, what works and what does not and what I see here is something in a perfected and under-appreciated form. The pandas work, the voice acting where it is, is great, the story is actually somewhat decent. But, at it's heart It is truly magical escapism at it's finest, beautiful and subtle. I will gladly pay another two months of sub fees to take in it's glory to a fuller extent.
  38. Sep 14, 2013
    its ok but it is over priced. i really hope that the next patch will include more races and more classes. it would also be cool if mor races were able to chose the if they would like to switch factions later on in the game. i also would really like if there would be more choices of faces, hair and all that stuff.
  39. Aug 13, 2013
    Solid game if your enjoy raiding and story. The only sore spot was the constant barrage of dailies at the launch. But most of those have been addressed and fixed.
  40. Jul 28, 2013
    Resubscribed about a month ago after having played during Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I myself scoffed initially at the concept and made the same generic "Kung Fu Panda" jokes everyone else did. But that was until I looked further and actually started playing the game.

While the atmosphere of Mists of Pandaria is not nearly as epic as the air of uncertainty that came
    with advancing upon the Lich King- an impressive antagonist steeped in WoW's Lore- it is obvious that Blizzard was attempting to break the formula. The style of MoP is radically different than that of any expansion in regards to its artistic style. Whereas the landscapes added in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, though beautiful and far more detailed, did not strike me as being terribly different from content in the base game, Mists of Pandaria immediately stood out. You are told that you are being thrust into a strange new land, and damn it, Blizzard delivers it.

For the Lore-aholics that resent the direction WoW's story has taken, be at ease. The Pandaren (Though I take no issue with them) are not the central characters of Mists of Pandaria. The story revolves primarily around the Alliance and Horde- lead by King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Garrosh Hellscream- taking of advantage of Pandaria and its denizens in a final attempt to end one another. While the Pandaren play an important part, you will find that characters introduced in the past of World of Warcraft seize more prominent roles.

Like them or not, it is overkill to say that the Pandaren ruin the game. Especially considering that there are already bear-people like the Furbolg. The only reason it seems far-fetched is because of Kung Fu Panda.
  41. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  42. Jul 11, 2013
    Throughout the beta for this game, you could tell there was something 'off' about it, there was a lack of direction and the game as a whole has been left in odd, unsavory parts.

Whilst they have rectified the errors made in cataclysm by adding more endgame content, they have further reduced the leveling time and now they want to bring an ingame shop with which to buy further EXP
    bonuses, so you never actually see more than half of a zone before you are rushed off.

The Endgame content is lacking, and all though the raids are plenty, Blizzard is making fights more and more complex, which doesn't necessarily mean a more interesting counter but more of a tedium to learn and do. There has only been 1 additional raid release throughout it's 3 patches, with a 2nd coming in 5.4, and the fact that it is almost over after 1 year of release, makes you wonder whether they are pushing out a greater quantity of content rather than a select of quality content. They have added a new raiding system, which is an improvement, but it still feels like a huge 'drop-off' point for players who want to raid, as you can still get 0 loot from your raid finder, or normal raid, and as soon as you get gear that out-scales the raid finder's current loot available to you, you can't help but feel that it becomes a pointless waste of your time. Blizzard have removed the daily quest limit, so instead of paying careful attention to which faction you'd like to make some friends with, you basically have no reason to not spend 3 hours doing them all at once, which feels very overwhelming and necessary to retain an edge in the game. Challenge mode dungeons are underplayed, and are still pretty much ignored on the whole.

New features such as the Tiller's farm and Pet battles added some interesting flavor and value to the game, but they quickly lose their novelty and your farm seems like more of a chore, and pet battles just lose any sort of charm after you get beaten by an enemy-troll team.

In conclusion, I think that Mists of Pandaria cured the bane of players, which was nothing to do, but now instead overfaces them with too much.

Graphics wise it is fine, not a gem, but it's not really a 'graphics' orientated game.
  43. Jul 1, 2013
    We must all admit that world of warcraft has soon existed for 10 years and by that we can also say that this game is a hard rock to beat off the shelves. I personally have good and bad experiences about this game. But one thing is for sure. I feel ashamed when i go to metacritic to see one of my most time consuming games have gotten, i mean, haven't we all played this game? When it comes to the community of those who've moved on or gotten old of the game, it's fine, it's understandable but i do not feel that we are doing a great job as what comes to helping the existing community. I first joined World of warcraft in 2007, so i wasn't there from the beginning, but was far from the end! World of Warcraft is something we all should admire, even if it is good/bad/dying right now. I feel ashamed and disappointed. Not because of Blizzard no. But because of the community that is now turning their bags away from the game and spitting it right in the face. You don't get your voice taken seriously if you are threatening with your fists at the same time. I am not trying to defend blizzard, but i am trying to defend something that we've all loved for a long, long time. I know this was not an actual game review, to make it quick, i still play the game myself. Not as much as i used to and not as enjoyable as it used to be BUT! I do still find new things that blizzard actually DID improve to the game. The questing has gotten way more fun, RBG's, Cross realm, Battletags, LFR, Guild levels, Challenges and more. Despite every single one of you who have grown old by age, some of you STARTED playing this game as a KID and now you are judging onwards those YOU once were. Don't point the fingers at the game. Point them at yourselves and say to yourself: "what did this game do to me?" now i know that there are plenty of terrifying stories about humans who have lost their lives out of addiction, but what the heck?? The game was apparently good enough to take all the life form out of most of us? If that isn't worth the time writing a review about a game that has been life changing for both the good and for the bad we should all remember one thing. Things will never be like the past, but give the new generation room to learn.

I am sorry if this "critic" was a bit too long or if my grammar, english aren't 100% correct. I am not from English nationality.

- a happy customer.
  44. Jun 25, 2013
    World of Warcraft, without a doubt, is the most successful MMORPG of all time. Even it's most ravenous of critics can't help but admit this. One thing they refuse to admit, however, is why it is the most successful.

It is the most successful MMO of all time for a reason. A very good reason. The presentation is top-notch, the level of immersion is second to none, and the user-interface
    is the best I've ever seen in an RPG, period. What is does, it does so well, and it's addicting and all consuming in all the right ways for all the right reasons.

Mists of Pandaria breathes new life into a true classic. It aptly demonstrates that WoW is far from done. In fact, it comes darn close to boasting more subscribers than all of it's major competitors put together.

Folks, there's a reason for that. And not the reasons the haters think. WoW is excellent.

Many of those who like to hate on WoW are spoiled, self-entitled, whiny little bi**hes. No one listens. No one cares. They are most likely anti-corportate, also. They have a natural inclination to hate on big publishers. They are fools, you see.

Don't listen to the idiots drivel. WoW is as good today as it was in the WotLK era. In fact, it's still just as strong. Most of the subscriptions lost are from Asia; in the West, WoW is as popular as ever.

Don't take my word for it check the queue times on at least half a dozen of WoW's top realms. It's packed tight and there is a reason for that. Needless to say, when you do get in, it is well worth the wait.

World of Warcraft is head and shoulders above the rest. It stands alone as the greatest massively multiplayer game in video game history. Mists of Pandaria is merely a continuation of that.
  45. Jun 23, 2013
    I been playing wow since burning crusade but now I see what people are saying wow is just starting to get old for grinding.

The good well the world of Pandaria looks beautiful, the idea of scenarios is a good idea, more content to the game was added and still it holds up for PVP.

The bad well the leveling feels more like a chore, getting good gear in raids sucks, and it was hard
    enough to get all the reputations in all of the different things. Expand
  46. Jun 15, 2013
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.

AND even now it still costs 20 to migrate 1 character I have 10 character so it would cost me 200 to migrate them all to other server. And reason why this is a problem for me is that my server died around Cataclysm times .

If im lucky there will be 2-3 alliance in Tol'Barad battle At best gametime there might be 35-45 90 lvl.s online. And yet we get no free migrate out of the server .

Blizzard doesent give a about they'r fans Migrate costing 20 just proves it.
  47. May 28, 2013
    I fear MOP is a reflection of when the whining masses get their own way. Let me be up front and state this: just because people want something in a game, does not mean it's good game design.

Do you remember when tanking and healing used to take skill and some forethought? You won't find that here. Healers cannot go OOM and tanking takes very little attention.

Characters have
    become very homogenized and the differences between the classes are small.

Blizzard cannot balance PVP. This is the worst pvp I've played in any wow game. Sure, people used to get gibbed in vanilla, but at least you could see it coming most of the time IE stuck in a seduction while a warlock fired up a soulfire with a 6 second cast. Combine this with boatloads of instant CCs and instant heals and instant everything else and I'm left wondering who finds pvp fun anymore?

Many of the raid fights I've been in had hard enrage timers. Many fights aren't about mechanic mastery, but about pumping out as much dps as you can. This made for some of the most boring boss battles I've done yet, and the most frustrating.

Blizzard has taken an approach to eliminate all aspects of socialization or need to communicate and coordinate. Why CC a mob? Looking for raid is pants on head stupidly easy. No longer is there any mystique because all raids are cleared on day 1 with a raid full of people who don't communicate and are not punished for standing in the fire the whole fight. How is this even a game? There is no challenge to be found here. Just because I'm a casual player doesn't mean I want to be treated like someone who has never seen a computer before.

Grinding has been replaced with daily quests. Remember how in vanilla or TBC you could log on and go kill mobs for drops to get rep with the scryers or timbermaw? Yes, it was a grind, but what we're offered in place of this is daily quests. Now the ability to accumulate rep is throttled instead of being something you could do on your own time! Just because it's a daily quest doesn't mean it is not a grind. You are still killing mobs or picking up items. I miss being able to farm twilight texts and selling them to other players who wanted their rep grind quickly. I also miss how grinding mobs in an area for drops usually meant players were going to be in the same area for a while and provided good opportunities for PVP.

Cross realm zones have ensured that the low level crafting materials are going to be extremely rare. This is opposed to the mop lvl zones where you literally cannot go 2 seconds without seeing another resource node to loot. Have fun lvling that new character's trades!

I'll conclude by saying that I stand in the group that firmly believes Vanilla and especially TBC were the pinnacle of wow. I still play on a private vanilla wow server and I find it infinitely more enjoyable than mop. It is not the nostalgia factor at all as many mop supporters would like to think. Wow used to be simple to learn and hard to master. It used to require team work, communication, and some struggling which just made the rewards that much more enjoyable to get. There used to be a reason to go out into the world, and you could make real rivalries and get a reputation for yourself. Blizz made wow so people who want to be anonymous jerks or are really bad at the game are able to accomplish just as much as everyone else in the same span of time without ever leaving the main cities. There is no challenge to be had here. This is the last Blizzard game I will ever purchase (I said that when I got D3 and I should have stuck to my guns). The worst part is that much of the community supports the direction WOW is going so I really do think we are going to see WOW fizzle out and die because the people who made the community good, enjoyed a challenge, and didn't want everything handed to them on a silver platter have been alienated.

The few good things, challenge modes, and improved graphics, are the only pros I can think of. Even challenge modes though are just a race against the clock however and only provide aesthetic rewards. Not worth coming back for IMO.
  48. May 27, 2013
    The latest patches are well done and fun to play, it seems Blizzard is back on his feet with WoW. For this reason the score goes up to 6 but for me the whole asian ambience of Pandaria it's a fail.
  49. May 22, 2013
    Blizz yet again have made something magnificent, MoP is a nice expansion pack on the massive game, World of Warcraft, the new monk class is very fun to play (maxed one out my self) and was a healer, and offered a new take on healing which we have not seen in a good while, they changed the talent system so its alot more easier to understand and not just a bit cluster of little things, but its nothing new, WoW has always be the same and always will be, been playing WoW since vanilla and i am calling it on this one, its a good expansion but nothing new, for new players, go get it now, you will not be disappointed Expand
  50. Apr 28, 2013
    I've seen WoW slowly go down the drain. Pretty soon you'll pick a character and all the abilities will be picked for you and you'll have no choice. I can't believe people actually still play this.
  51. Apr 24, 2013
    The monk is fun. The graphics are really better. The talent system is no longer a illusion of choice.

In my opinion Mists of Pandaria it's the second better expansion of world of warcraft.
  52. Apr 17, 2013
    Remember when the game was rewarding, and made ditching your girlfriend because it was a raid night and it would take at least 4 hours to get through it okay? Well now you just feel like an idiot, because there is no longer any point to play for more than 2 minutes a day. That is all the time you need to level cap, get geared up, and rape some bosses.

Remember how there was a sense of
    individualism in customizing your character by paving the way each and every level, learning a new trick that goes with the way you play? Blizzard to a dump on that idea and fed to their dogs by destroying the talent trees, and giving every ability you will EVER use at level 10. By the time you are 90 your face will be bruised, because that is all you need to use to play this game. Just smash your face on the keyboard and everything before you will die.

This game sucks, end of story. The ONLY reason I give it a 3 instead of a 0 is because leveling from 85 to 90 wasn't so bad. Its just, when I reached the endgame content (which is where WOW used to truly shine) I said to myself "this game blows massive donkey boner". And that was the end of my experience.
  53. Apr 3, 2013
    Crappy expansion, same old game with more pandas! Only fans and people with mental issues would enjoy this game. NOT RECOMMENDED! Graphics have been the same since the first release, it's time for a better graphics.
  54. Apr 3, 2013
    IMO this is the worst expansion to date (yes, even worse than Cataclysm) and it has finally driven me to quit, probably for good. If you look at my Cata review which was written some time ago, I had complaints about how quickly it was possible to get geared via dungeons and LFR. I guess Greg Street saw that review and decided to make it more difficult to get VP (Valor Point) capped. For that reason I'm not giving a review score under 5. I think the idea was great, but not the implementation. For starters, they've gated Valor gear behind a bunch of boring, dull, overdone dailies. Pretty much the best in slot gear for non-raiders is behind daily quests. If you're not a raider, it's pretty much do your dailies or die. People would say, "dailies are optional, because you can go straight from dungeons to LFR (Looking For Raid)." Well, sure, except that the gear behind dailies is *still* better than gear from LFR, and the easy-mode LFR is stil more difficult than the daily quests. Someone please tell me how that makes sense, please? Okay so that is not the only problem, the dungeons are still faceroll easy, scenarios provide little to no reward (and they want to push more of those out...good idea. Not.), the community is getting worse overtime with little moderation from the Blizzard GM team and raids are as unimaginative as ever. My biggest pet peeve is the whole Asian themed expansion. Now, I am not racist by any means, but I also have very little interest in Asian culture or scenery. Everywhere in Pandaria is Asian music, Asian art, and the game even has a Great Wall like China does. What is Asia doing in my fantasy game? Anyway, if you're new to the game and haven't played WoW pre-Cata, then by all means, try the game. However, if you remember the good old days, stay away from this like the plague. Expand
  55. Apr 1, 2013
    The overall gameplay is pretty awesome, with new features and such, definitely a must-play for MMORPG lovers out there.
    I am playing and will continue to play this game with my friends for a very long time.
  56. Mar 29, 2013
    I played world of warcraft since about 2006, stopping on occasions when it got boring between expansions. I like the questing experience, the story, the cutscenes etc. Over time, WoW has gotten much better with the cutscenes, but this is not necessarily implemented effectively. the idea of the world changing, characters walking around and interacting, etc that is GOOD. but when it change to a situation where the cutscene is scripted by the server and it does not wait for your computer to load the world and characters, the cutscene can lose any and al impact that it may have otherwise had. This is the issue that has made me decide to stop playing Mists of Pandaria. although it pains me a great deal to do so, I have to do it because while the story and ideas are good, the way it is presented is so bad, that it upsets me to play it. You could call this incredibly poor choice in programming or system design, and is just one of many poor choices. There is also the decision to tie the graphics engine into the internet connection speed so that if you are lagging, your display becomes choppy. for people with intermittent connections, this makes playing the game almost impossible. lag can be dealt with. sometimes a monster might be slow attacking. that is not the end of the world. but when you cannot run forwards because of the stuttering, you know something is seriously wrong with the game. I had quit WoW for good, but decided to come back for MoP. unfortunately that meant i had to go through all the same areas for the 5th time. This is another massive flaw in the game. having to repeat the same actions over and over again, is not my idea of fun. but anyhow, I had decided to play MoP. I had spent all this time getting to the content I had actually paid for, and now it is nearly un-playable. this has become a colossal waste of my money and time. to say I am feeling upset is a gross understatement. Expand
  57. Mar 29, 2013
    If you liked WoW at all you gonna like this. As myself I really enjoyed first month of play this ChinaJapaneese land, music, style. New levels, new quests, new raid I didnt feel disappointed spent 40 euros or smth (I dont remember price). But it is the same WoW fat, old, grindish, and incredibly simple. If you have already left this game I give you good advice dont make mistake by turning back in MoP. Expand
  58. Mar 28, 2013
    The newest expansion pack for world of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria allows the exploration of a new land Pandaria, which is inhabited by a new playable race, the Pandaren which can be used for the Horde or Alliance, also bringing in a new class the Monk which can be used by the original races as well as the new Pandaren. Setting aside the new storyline involved with this expansion pack and the level cap being risen to 90 the game is essentially the same old world of Warcraft that we know and love with the exceptions of being able work at your professions getting them to even higher levels with new materials to find and harvest and even more armour and weapons to make, new mounts dungeons raids and PVP battlegrounds which in my eyes just gives the game more opportunities to have hours of fun and gear your characters up in even more impressive armour. Anyone who loves world of Warcraft will love this new instalment and should buy it immediately. Expand
  59. Mar 18, 2013
    I've been playing this game since launch and I've loved it since then. There are a couple problems with this expansion (and others) though. There are some class balance issues, but those are too bad. However, the grind is too much! I hate the daily quest system, you can only get a certain amount of rep each day, I wish it was a matter of time put into the game, not waiting.
  60. Mar 13, 2013
    Blizzard: "Let's copy/paste our previous expansions and give it a new look and slightly tweaked mechanics! That way we can get as much money as possible without working on improving the game at all!" MoP is just the same old wow with a new wrapping and unjustified hype. WoW will never be the great game it once was again.
  61. Mar 13, 2013
    I played WoW for about 7 years. Getting on board about a month after the launch of the Burning Crusade. The game was incredibly different then. The world was more alive, and there was a lot of user generated content. From PvP raids, world PvP, world PvE, community events etc... There were groups of strangers always finding something to do. It was more social, which is what kept me playing for so long. However about mid way through Wrath of the Lich King came the LFG (Looking For Group) tool. That allows players to queue, and will automatically assemble a group. Indeed, it takes out all the pain of trying to assemble a group yourself, but the tool caused less people to be in the world. The interaction among players dwindled. Being that the other players are on different realms the communication is minimal, with maybe a ""hi" and "thanks for the group." Towards the latter Cataclysm, they implemented LFR (Looking for Raid), similar to LFG, it exacerbated the same problems that came with LFG. Beyond these issues, Mists of Pandaria, is rather repetitive. Since player generated content has vanished, unless you're an role-player, the only things left to, and not necessarily in a negative sense just a precise sense, you'll do quests to level to cap, once there you'll really be left with only two options. You'll either run battlegrounds to achieve honor points which will be spent on items that will make you more powerful, or you'll end up battling the "random" number generator in dungeons to obtain the gear you need to raid were you'll repeat the cycle. You'll also end up doing weeks of daily quests just to spend the currency you're obtaining while running dungeons. It can be misleading. It'll appear that there is plenty to do at "endgame" but will boil down to raiding, or instanced PvP. With the LFR, and LFG the game feels very lobby based now. Lack of reason to go into the world, and little user generated content leaves everyone waiting around for the next patch. Collapse
  62. Mar 7, 2013
    Questing: generally good, great quests, great history. Dungeons and Raid: -Heroics: not hard mechanics. -Challenge modes: they should be the heroic mode of the dungeons. -Raid: you can see all the raiding content via LFR, this is a great tool if you don't have the time to be in a dedicated raiding guild. PVP: I don't like the pvp style of WoW at all so nothing to say here. If you leave this game after Cata, you shouldn't come back yet this isn't the expansion you are looking for. Expand
  63. Mar 4, 2013
    At the start of the xpac Mists is fun and interesting. Some of the quest to zone lay out could have been better and the WoW team has done better in the past. After you reach level cap the daily quest grind sucks and the end game is more of the same only not as good. Populations have dropped sharply on WoW making it less fun to play. The new system of ability points leaves much to be desired. All classes are now basically cook cutter. This is something new to WoW and a very bad idea on Blizzard/Activision's part. Nothing really either newer, funner, or better in this xpac, just more of the same only worse. With the dated platform, no free to play option, and lowering population which may soon lead into a death spiral. Is the xpac bad, no just average but like Bioware trashing Dragon Age 1 with DA2, Activision is killing WoW with this xpac. only time will tell if they can save it or it is too late. Expand
  64. Mar 4, 2013
    I was originally very excited for the expansion having been a loyal player. I was sourly disappointed. The novelty of the new land quickly wears off and it all begins to look the same. I was bored by level 87 from all the green. They modified the game for simplicity but went too far with it. There is not much skill involved. The pandas only have one viable heal until level 40...well, level 80 in my opinion. They didn't fix the laginess. There is no proper raiding or PVP anymore. Any average joe can mash buttons to win. The dumbing down of the game has put me off. Many of my loyal friends are now leaving the game behind for something new (or left a while ago) and I'm a little sad and nostalgic leaving it behind. WoW is simply not the same game it was; their new playerbase of dumbed down, button mashing kids will take over the game for a while. Expand
  65. Feb 27, 2013
    If you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has just as much meaning as anyone else's. Obviously you guys are judging this game on the new content (because it's awful). Max level heroics are a joke. The raids are boring, the pvp is pathetic, and the endgame is terrible. This is the worst mmo, with the worst endgame, and for a mmo endgame is where it counts for a small portion of players, many players feel that it's the journey not the destination that counts (the journey in WoW is equally as terrible as the endgame). The facts are this, if you liked raiding or pvp in ANY of the previous WoW expansions than this is a step backwards. The raids are laughably easy even on their heroic modes and would only be challenging to a small child (small children are obviously who this expansion was made more). Expand
  66. Feb 26, 2013
    If you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has no meaning. Are you guys judging this game on the old content? Max level heroics have been a joke for a long time and if they weren't frankly no one would do them because the loot isn't rewarding enough. The raids are fun, the pvp is fun, the endgame is fun. This isn't that best mmo in terms of leveling anymore, but it always has been the one with the best endgame, and for a mmo endgame is where it counts. The facts are this, if you liked raiding or pvp in ANY of the previous WoW expansions than this is an expertly tweaked version. The raids are challenging even on their normal modes and heroic will give you some troubles. Expand
  67. Feb 15, 2013
    It's definitely better than the ill-advised Cataclysm expansion, but the damage is done and the game is now too old for redemption; it has Blizzard's seal of quality all over it, it's top-notch until you realize you don't know why you're still playing this dated game at all. There's better stuff out there, just let go already.
  68. Feb 9, 2013
    The economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing until they can release their next pile-of-turd MMO known as Titan. Being disappointed far enough by Diablo 3's "Pay 2 Win" auction house I will give everyone this advice from now on: Stay the hell away from Blizzard's new products. They aren't themselves anymore. R.I.P Expand
  69. Feb 7, 2013
    I've been a WoW subscriber since vanilla(first WoW release pre expansion pack for those unfamiliar) and kept holding on waiting for it to return.......it's not and I feel like a fool for dumping tons of cash into Blizzards pockets while waiting. MoP has been the slap in the face I needed to wake up and bail out. Honestly the Pandas weren't THAT bad(remember Hero Class? lol) but the dumbing down of the game just to draw in a new generation of subscribers had to be the worst move in this company's WoW history. Talents mean nothing now....dps classes are catered to on a ridiculous level(I play a tank and managed to hit 90 and probably got about 3-4 non related quest reward drops for my tank in dungeons vs. 700-800 dps drops) and don't even get me started on pvp......everyone has every ability now...WHAT? Blinks, Vanishes, CC's, Fears, Stuns.........I get angry just thinking about it. Now the only point in playing is to log in and do your 12 hours of daily rep grinding so you can get a profession pattern that is outgeared by a piece of raid finder gear you can get in a tiny fraction of the time. And for what...... to grind more daily quests. Ugh! I just can't even think of recommending this game to anyone anymore and it frustrates me to no end. You've gone from #1 Blizzard to.....#2.....literally. Expand
  70. Jan 28, 2013
    This is the worst MMO out there, the worst wow expansion. Its crap, don't buy it , its the most dumbed down version of wow and it will be worse. Blizzard has killed wow and made it for kids.
  71. Jan 22, 2013
    Once again, I have to re-write my review, as I've had a lot more time in Mists of Pandaria and I really want it to be accurate. I've unsubscribed once again for the same reason I left Cataclysm. There's more to do, yes. They've made, uh, cooking more complex (annoyingly so) there's a lot of daily quests that up your secondary levels more quickly and...it's all just...WAY too easy. I just got bored. I'm not a big raid person, but I did run dungeons/heroics a lot and once you know the fights, it's easy. There's no challenge, so when you get a reward, it doesn't FEEL rewarding anymore. Blizzard's attempts to appeal to the mass market by taking the challenge out of the game has taken out what made it so addictive in the first place. Back in the day, it felt GOOD to get that rare drop or to down that horrid boss - now it's just grinding, and you could play this game on autopilot once you figure out the dungeon mechanics ("Don't stand in the fire, the black stuff or the AOEs!" LOL!). Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to do - but there's almost too much to do, and the majority of that is busy work and routine stuff (I don't give a crap about cooking - I mean, I like it, but it's not THAT important to me). It's become a monotonous, uninspired grind with a few new ideas here and there, usually lifted from other MMOs. There's nothing profoundly innovative about this game anymore, especially when compared to the next generation of MMOs that have come into the market that subscribe to the Free to Play model. As much as we'd like to say, "Guild Wars 2 is just another WoW clone!" it's not. Of course there are similarities - every developer (including Blizzard) lifts ideas off of others, especially when dealing in the same genre, but each new MMO that has come out has added innovative ideas and mechanics to the MMO genre - WoW has a few new things, but nothing all that original or exciting. I think we're seeing an end to sub-based MMOs. Though WoW is a behemoth in the industry and still has several years to go yet, it's an old model being propped up by consumers who are extremely loyal to their brand and very invested in their avatars, but that will only last so long before they get enticed by another. My hope is that they'll do what Guild Wars did and come out with a new WoW2 MMO with updated and innovative mechanics, gameplay and graphics, since they already have a huge fanbase for that franchise. As it stands, Blizzard developers seem to be half-heartedly copying innovations from next generation MMOs in order to extend its life (more cut scenes, AOE looting, and, rumour has it, jumping quests, since they're so popular in GW2). Let's face it though - new content for WoW has been coming out at a sluggish pace. Is Blizzard even trying anymore? It was a great game in its time and is still a GOOD game, but it's in decline, which is to be expected because it's an older game. Blizzard will probably lift innovations from these new MMOs for their new Titan MMO project and eventually dominate the market again, though if Diablo III is any indicator of what's to come, Blizzard is losing it's touch. Players get that gaming companies have to make money - but we are loyal to the ones who hide it with the smoke screen of great customer service and exciting features. As it stands now, the only thing that makes me THINK about going back to WoW on occasion isn't the phat loot or the dungeons - it's the in-game holidays, the few friends I have left in the game and a re-living of the great memories I had while playing. Whenever I've gone back in the past, it's just to be able to log in, say hi and putter around...I pay to visit - it's like taking a vacation to Azeroth - but I don't want to live there anymore. Expand
  72. Jan 22, 2013
    Great expansion so far, much more content in contrast to Cataclysm where we had nothing to do. Positive changes, better accessibility for casual players and diverse content. Lots of players are returning to the game. However one big issue is the escalation of bots, especially in battlegrounds, and Blizzard's inability to deal with the problem.
  73. Jan 17, 2013
    This game has been so dumbed down it's ridiculous. Once again blizzards philosophy of "my way or don't play at all" has driving away fans yet again. The 6 talent system had so much criticism when it was first announced in cata, and yet they went with it anyways. Low pop servers continue to suffer. Class imbalance rampant like always. Truly horrible.
  74. Jan 9, 2013
    Quite simply the best paid MMORPG i have ever played and experienced in my history of gaming, i've been on and off with this game since i was 12 (due to financing) i am now 18 and feel that this expansion has been the best one out of all of them so far, possibly in close competition with WOTLK, it has a huge range of customization which will never fail, and even better a huge expansive lore universe, the expansion itself has played out very well and has made a pleasant playable new continent pandaria, by pleasant, i mean color scheme wise, unlike TBC where you trudged through the dingy worlds of Zangarmarsh, Hellfire, and SMV, this one provides a much warmer atmosphere and a new race of pandas, performing kung fu, what more could you ask more. Expand
  75. Jan 8, 2013
    Best expansion so far. Leveling was really easy and there were more than enough quests to get you to 90. For the first time, I felt like Blizzard did a great job with their story and they did a much better job in delivering the story, using new ways to share story content with the player. Phasing is also masterfully done and more than ever, I feel like my actions have an effect on the world.
  76. Jan 8, 2013
    I may look like a simple hater by giving this game a 0, but it is entirely justified. This "expansion" is an example of Blizzard's greed and disrespect for their best franchise. They killed off all the major characters and gave them obnoxious canon backstories, thus completely destroying everything Warcraft III could have lead to. All the villains got killed off unceremoniously by "a group of heroes", and now that they have no more characters to spit on so they could make money, they turn an April Fools joke into an "expansion". I say "expansion" because it isn't really an expansion to WoW, as it is to Cataclysm. Cataclysm changed WoW so much it is basically an entirely new game. But by making it an expansion, Blizzard forces people to play it if they want WoW, as they would ignore it if it were a separate game. It started plunging WoW into a pit of casual gaming, and Mists of Pandaria does that even further, and like Cataclysm, makes old content people worked hard for - obsolete and useless. This blatant, disrespectful money-maker is an insult to Warcraft and an insult to everyone who ever paid to play World of Warcraft. I'd rather give my money to EA. Instead of focusing on fixing this and working on Warcraft IV, they keep butchering the canon so much that such a game will soon be impossible. Kudos to you, Blizzard, I hope you enjoy your money. Expand
  77. Jan 7, 2013
    The reason people are giving Pandaria zeros is because it's terrible. I wish I could give it a negative score because it really is that bad. WoW is ruined.
  78. Jan 2, 2013
    Do you know why WoW was popular once? Did you feel it? Did you try the game when it came out in 2005? Did you then try this new one? Did you feel the difference? You would pay every single coin you got in your bank if they gave us back the first WoW game... this one is not WoW in my opinion and it's never going to be WoW again. WoW kept you addicted for YEARS and you would feckin love it. In 2005 you just need the World of Warcraft Classic and nothing else for your PC. It would take you MONTHS to level up your character and HOURS to earn money for good gear. THAT WAS REALISTIC. You can't describe it in words. If you didn't try the WoW Classic, Burning Crusade or Lich King you just missed the biggest chance you could ever have in this world. You couldn't get enough. I'm not a nerd :D but that game was not just a MONSTER, it was a BEAST... why? Because this game was full fun in a way it couldn't stop... it just couldn't. People were hangin around pups and drinking beer together, they were hanging around the mountains doing quests at night and eating food together.. they were communicating in a way you couldn't explain. It was good addiction. The game was FULL of gear and stuff. You could even be a workaholic because you need the money that bad to buy gear, mounts, food and much more. I loved this game. They every SINGLE detail of this game from start to scratch. That's why it isn't WoW in my opinion anymore. Why remove something your customers actually liked? Why not develope what they already pay for... the LOVE it... it's great. They just created an entire new game and called it WoW but that's not the game we once liked... that's just a totally new product. Expand
  79. ZDZ
    Jan 1, 2013
    WoW is now only people for people who lack the intelligence to play a decent mmorpg, or who are just really bad at games in general. I would say Pandaria might be good for small children, but the community is terrible. I know it's "cool" to love Blizzard and support everything they do, but Pandaria is just awful through and through. People are only giving this 10s because it's WoW, and it's cool to like crappy old games (kind of like how it's "cool" to drink cheap beer). You would be hard pressed to find an mmo worse than WoW at this point, unless you're one of those people who refuses to play any other game besides WoW. On a positive note, this game can run on REALLY old computers due to the laughably bad graphics. Expand
  80. Jan 1, 2013
    Everything about this expansion is terrible. From the lame Pandas to the mind numbingly boring quests. This game is a joke. They dumbed down the game so much it's now aimed at little kids. There are so many better mmorpgs out there for adults nowadays. It feels embarrassing playing wow so most people are quitting.
  81. Jan 1, 2013
    Someone has to make up for the haters who downrate the game just for being WoW. MoP overall is a great expansion that corrects the many mistakes made in Cataclysm and is delivering content at a much faster pace this time. Dailies can get annoying but overall they take almost no time at all and most complaints center around people who have no self control. There are faults still yes but you'll be hard pressed to find a better MMO out there unless you're someone that refuses to play the game just because it's WoW. Expand
  82. Dec 30, 2012
    Lets cut straight to the issue. Wow was once a game for adults, based on a great story. Pandaria is a childrens game produced by second rate game designers (top ones are working on titan). I used to be addicted to Wow, so i can only thank blizzard for releasing me from my chains and saving me £10 a month. The only reason to play this game is if you are a child who enjoys trolling chat channels and facerolling quests. Next expansion will be Wow: In the night garden....... what a joke......... Expand
  83. Dec 29, 2012
    WoW is 8 Year old, and its the the best MMO Game on the Markt. Warhammer, AoC, Tera, Aion, Rift GW, GW2, LodR, etc.....no one is so good like Warcraft. But i understand the 0 Raiting, its now "cool" to hate Blizzard and his Games. Its cool to hate EA, its cool to say Bioware is dead and now its cool to say every Blizzard Game is horrible.
  84. Dec 28, 2012
    This is a game for little kids.
    Full of cartoony things,they removed real talents,gave nothing to the storyline,ni epicness.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0.
    i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without
    storyline.I hoped the realise and fix their mistakes of cataclysm,but 2bad they ruined 2 games,only starcraft franchise remains,and they made me not buy that after what they did with diablo and wow.
    thanks for reading have fun on cracked servers or **** up yourself with pandas playin pokémon.
  85. Dec 25, 2012
    Been playing WoW since May 2005 and have seen all the contents but canceled sub some time after Cataclysm, killing Arthas just brought us a new game but I kept playing out of addition and the fact all other MMORPG games I tried failed to keep me hooked more than couple of months. MoP brought some interesting features and some original quests and updated a lot of the contents, but in the heart of it it is just an update, it is fun but the fun margin drops fairly quickly. Sadly I canceled my sub , I felt like I have finished the MoP game. Expand
  86. Dec 23, 2012
    I unsubed from the game yesterday and its running out today. I will not be returning to WOW again. Why? Because I dont play games that consider waiting in queues for more than an hour to be the best way to gate content. Thats not acceptable and every 10 mins of waiting lowers the score I give the game by 1. So... 4 it is.
  87. Dec 21, 2012
    I have been loyal to blizzard since Pre-BC. I loved BC. WotLK...that's when I stopped.

However, CatA came out and I said "Hey why not!" It was an entirely different world of warcraft. When I was 15 - I said "LFG VC!" No one knew what I was talking about. It wasn't until an older player messaged me saying "umm..he's dead." and gave me a full run down of the new WoW. Leveling up to
    85...I was shocked at how easy tanking was now. It was pathetic! People would storm into mobs and not care about aggro! It was going against everything I learned! Remember "tanking" lessons back in Pre and BC? Yeah - apparently that went out the window in WotLK. Remember good old Nax? It was floating in the air!!! Ok, so I got to 85, did the entire "gear thing" which was REALLY easy (seriously). I was disappointed...then Pandas. Ok. Blizzard said it's fixed things and made things fun.

I will NEVER EVER play a blizzard game again! I do not trust them! D3 was a disaster...but this panda BS is terrible! The community is rotten, the gameplay is good for a 5 year old, and RP is dead.
  88. Dec 20, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria is (IMO) the best WoW expansion yet. While the voice-actors are really the famous ones (I believe they're the Blizz staff or something of that sort) its still not that bad. The graphics are better than what they used to be and Pandaria is simply beautiful. While the skill cap of the game has definitley taken a nose-dive over the years, the game is still full of content; even at this moment they are creating new raids and scenarios to release. The simplistic talents aren't actually that bad, in fact they're sort of fun to toy around with: like Warlocks being able to cast and move at 90! That was a lot of fun to toy with. There are still some issues floating around in Azeroth's atmosphere that can mostly be resolved, but Blizzard has some (I mean SOME) of the absolute WORST GMs out there; there some really hospitable ones but some are just straight up copy/paste **** (pardon my french). The new account-wide mounts and pets was a really great addition to the game and saves grinding reputation to get some of those awesome looking mounts and pets. PvP still has some issues, but every class IS killable. MoP has introduced a load of new crowd controls that have just blown the balance in PvP into smithereens. IMO Fire and Arcane mages do not need Deep Freeze, and blanket silences (silences that don't have to be used during a cast time to interrupt the player) should be removed from the game entirely. This would add a little bit more skill to PvP, and balance. The dungeons are still one of my favorite things in WoW, the boss fights have always been my favorite. The gear for both PvP and PvE looks awesome; from Sha-touched gear to Asian-style gladiator gear, MoP definitley brings some of those moments where you just look at someones gear for minutes and marvel at the detail. The new Cloud Serpent mounts are stunning. Players say "Its just like Netherwing with a different name." However, the grind for rep is not all that long and takes just about 1 1/2 weeks or longer (longer if you don't have professions). You get to select an egg and raise it from a hatchling to a full-fledge Cloud Serpent, the color of the egg determines the color of the serpent: you choose from Jade, Gold, or Azure (each color has its compliment which adds to the attractiveness of the mounts themselves.) The quests in Pandaria are very rewarding, they include spec/class specific items that are usefl to your character instead of the choose-from-three-useless-items that were in Cata and Pre-Cata. After following a large quest chain, your toon gets a quest that rewards a decent blue (almost as good as that from a dungeon of your level) which was also a great addition in this expansion. The quests and transitions to the zone are very fluent and follow the storyline quite well; both factions start in the Jade Forest (home of the great Jade Serpent, Yu'lon) who's conflicts brings the uprising of the Sha (an ancient evil that has been housed in Pandaria for thousands of years; physical manifestations of negative emotions) that periodically claim NPCs and transform them into the very emotions that consumed them. Pandaria has some really interesting lore and myths thate spellbind even those not really interested in them. The Sha of Anger (a local 25-man raid boss that spawns in Kun'lai Summit) is a huge challenge, and on PvP servers brings some World PvP when both the Alliance and Horde attempt to take it on at the same time. All in all, MoP is a great expansion; WoW itself is NOT focused on the leveling of a character, but the content in the end-game (which is what most people misunderstand). This can be off-putting, but very rewarding. MoP brings in a wave of new things, but there are still some issues Blizzard has yet to fix, which can be the ultimate deciding factor of whether or not to buy this expansion. *****To some of you 0's out there, your posts are NOT reveiws, in fact they're trash. Those are just not even worthy of reading, they're just personal opinions that offer no information about the game at all.***** Another note: The spawns of quest mobs is less than 2 minutes and are bountiful. MoP has had the smoothest launch out of all the expansions. Cinematics are also less than 4 minutes in length, which isn't that terrible. Expand
  89. Dec 20, 2012
    Came back to play after being away since TBC. Early WoTL content was fun i suppose but Cataclysm felt like a dumbing down and now even more so with MOP I tried MOP till level 87 and grew incredibly bored. The focus on gear and removal of many game mechanics makes the game so dry. For some reason I was uninterested in exploring any of the zones, possibly because of the lack of a interesting story (or any story rather). The whole thing feels pointless. In the early days I found it fun exploring the zones you knew existed from previous warcraft games and got to learn about the people and it all felt like it tied so well together. This expansion is just fodder. I wish I could get a refund. Expand
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    Best expansion to date. A new continent to explore, new stories and adventures to partake in, a new class introducing a unique play-style, and not to mention a plethora of new dungeons, raids and battlesgrounds.
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    WoW is dead to me Blizz refuses to accept Cross Realm Zones are the worst features they have ever implemented, not only for the ganking and griefing it is causing, there's also a huge lag since CRZ implementation wich never happened before the implementation of this infamous feature.
    I have heard that attunements in BC were frustrating but the level of grind with dailies rhis expansion
    brought has no comparison, and even tough they may be "optional", they are only if you don´t want to have any progression with your character.
    The most alt unfrienly exp that has ever been made, much needed resources to adress WoW critical issues wasted on the development of cheap copies of pokemon (pet battles) and farmville (tillers faction).
  92. Dec 18, 2012
    I concluded to buy MoP. I started fresh, levling was boring as always. When i came to pandaria i was at first extremly impressed. This feeling was short, as i progressed it grew less and less fun. When i dinged 90 i was so happy that the levling was finally was over (was extremly easy). I thought that it would be thons of things to do in lvl 90. But i found nothing fun. There is no world pvp in this game anymore. They try to get people out in the world by indirectly forcing them to do it. The dailiy quests suck and are extremly easy. Everything in the game is extremly easy and doesn't give any kinds of competition. PvP is also broken. Battlegrounds are full of botters. The battlegrounds are also destroyed, some by the players and some by blizzard. Though bgs have been destroyed for a while now it has gotten even worse. I actually spent thons of time walking around looking for something to do. Everything is about farming. Me and some friends also made a guild. We got about 50 active players before my friends starting transfering/faction changing to the alliance. My server was like 5% horde and 95% alliance. It was also "full". Pve content is also extremly easy. Community is destroyed. Bgs have been turned into zerging fiest. The idea of Pandas weren't that bad, but you screwed it up Blizzard.
    The thing that made me finally quit was when i saw thons of blue posts on the forum where people were complaining about different problems like unbalanced servers, destroyed bgs and more. The problem was that most of the posts were about 1-3 years old and are stil extremly popular topics. It shows that even though Blizzard promise to fix problems they wont do **** Also anounced that they are never going to make vanila,tbc,wrath servers since "they were looking forward". Why look forward, when everyone loves their previous stuff and hate their new content? It's time to look back. Blizzard, you screwed up.
  93. Dec 18, 2012
    Tons of BORING dailies to remain competitive.
    Dailies, Dailies, Dailies, all the way Dailies, again Dailies for rep, Dailies for epics, Dailies for extra loot coins, Dailies for recipes, Dailies to cook, Dailies for titles, Dailies for Mounts. Dailes to unlock factions.

DAILIES SUCK!
  94. Dec 17, 2012
    Now -desperately- I need to admit the fact that World of Warcraft is dead. If I was a new player starting to play WoW with the release of MoP, I can give it 10! Because it is still way better than any other MMO in the market. But because I am a WoW player since it first released in 2004; I have disappointed to see the point where WoW had come to. WoW had lived its golden age with WotLK, seriously. Now It is very very easy, you can grind up to 90 without even dying once; all dungeons can be completed within 15-20 minutes, crossrealm had killed sociality, friendship and talking to and knowing each other... Old WoW had wonderful battlefields, extremely hard dungeons, gears that you need to play a year to make etc. If you are an old player, this is not a WoW anymore; If you are not, you should still play WoW if you want to start an MMO. Expand
  95. Dec 15, 2012
    With each expansion this game is getting worse. I think that WoW should be finished on Lich King. Mists of Pandaria show a much lower level of quality. In such a way, Blizzard even ignored the plot and story of the game. They started doing some nonsense content, indirectly related to the history of the game, like pandas.
  96. Dec 15, 2012
    When I first heard of "panda expansion" I thought it was some kind of joke. However, after trying it out I must say it isn't too bad. The continent of Pandaria - despite the stupid name - is actually very well done. I also got used to pandas fairly quickly and found out they didn't spoil my experience like I thought they would. Pet battles are fun and make all those companions much more desirable yet at the end of the day it's just a minigame. Overall, this is a solid expansion - not very innovative but it's very well done and it's very polished. Expand
  97. Dec 10, 2012
    Quite easily the poorest expansion to date. Comparing this to the original game makes you realise the massive changes made, and how easy this now is. Simply put Blizzard is now catering to the lowest common denominator and it really impacts the game.

Still has its moments but how the mighty have fallen.
  98. Nov 26, 2012
    Been a loyal Warcraft member since day 1. This xpac made me cancel my subscription for the first time. The game has been turned into nothing more then daily quests which are WAY too repetitive. The whole pet battles thing also seems very immature. The game always seemed to be more of a live action puzzle the way every class had unique abilities and encounters were designed. Now every class has every ability with a slight variation to make it feel "unique." The pandas make an already borderline cartoonish game way too cartoony. I'm 29 so maybe I'm just getting too old. I don't know. Expand
  99. Nov 20, 2012
    At first I found it good because it was way better then Cata.
    However it's completely destroyed at high levels by the awful daily quest grinds that are a grief fest, a bore fest and an annoying mechanics fest. Blizzard is also cheap on the rewards, with dirty moves like no flying while dead.
    I find myself getting angry each evening while doing these crap daily quests.
    Nothing good to
    expect from Blizzard any more after Cataclysm, Diablo 3 and now this. Expand
  100. Nov 19, 2012
    More time consuming than ever, unrelatable and weak storyline, and just aggravating... I loved the game before even Cata was ok but MOP is just a grind fest. Unsubscribed and won't be coming back
  101. Mar 13, 2013

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]