4.8

1. Sep 16, 2015
    a panda class? umm.. it doesn't work and looks awkward... vylkur class would of been way better!
    pandas? really? ..how bout a hello kitty class!? .. Did they fire their original developers? .. or they probably
    went on to other projects... cause this one feels out-of-place, the crafting didnt go anywhere really.. feels even more a time-sink than before.. not an attention holder for long... pandas!? really!????
  2. Dec 2, 2014
    Not much to say..
    This is obviously not Blizzard any more. Hope Activision are happy with the sales in Asia since this game will be dead in western markets soon with this direction.
  3. Nov 11, 2014
    This is by far the worst expansion. The story was not very interesting. The game was way too simple and I could barely play the game because of a lack of interest in the topic of the expansion. I like the Asian theme and the Pandaren, but an entire expansion devoted to the topic felt very unnecessary and a bit much. I felt as though it was all nonsense except for the parts regarding theThis is by far the worst expansion. The story was not very interesting. The game was way too simple and I could barely play the game because of a lack of interest in the topic of the expansion. I like the Asian theme and the Pandaren, but an entire expansion devoted to the topic felt very unnecessary and a bit much. I felt as though it was all nonsense except for the parts regarding the Celestials and the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. SoO was the only good part of the story in the entire expansion and it was exciting to take down Garrosh for the first time after almost tearing apart the Horde. I wish Thrall would have played a bigger role in this expansion. Hopefully, Blizzard can fix all their mistakes in Warlords of Draenor. Expand
  4. Nov 4, 2014
    It's easy to see Blizzards game plan.
    Make money, for as long as it's possible, and spend as little effort as possible during the time.
    Mist of Pandaria brings nothing good to the table. They have dumbed down exactly everything. The talents are no longer any talent tree. There are just a few abilites where you can chose some of them. Sure it makes the game easier to balance, cause
    It's easy to see Blizzards game plan.

Mist of Pandaria brings nothing good to the table.
    They have dumbed down exactly everything.
    The talents are no longer any talent tree. There are just a few abilites where you can chose some of them. Sure it makes the game easier to balance, cause you can't do anything. But it's boring and bland. A grey nothingness of choices.
    The instances where easy before, but now they can be done with two people of low item level (poor gear).
    The heroics which should be the "The instance is now in hard mode" are so easy that they can be done with three people with average item level.
    This results in a party just running through an instance as fast as possible, just to try to get some loot (That will be disposed of within 3 playing hours, so it doesnt really matter anyway)

The raids are plain stupid. Learn where the ground AE hits or just stand in it. It does not matter. The raid will win anyway.
    After you've done the braindead and boring raids, you will have to wait a week to be able to do anything at all.

Of cource, this is at max level. But it takes roughly 20 hours to become high level. So it's basicly the whole game.

There is no longer any reason to play this. It's a scramble of button mashing and shiny colors, nothing more. It lacks all weight and all sort of challenge to anyone over eight years of age.

(My daughter is currently playing it on my account, and she is performing excellent, and she is eight years old. That is saying a lot of the game)

This is no longer an mmo, this is a kids color splash with low ambitions.
    I believe that Blizzard will have to change their company policy or die slowly, cause after World of warcrafts latests fails and Diablo 3 it's clear that they no longer want to create good games. They want the games to be as easy as possible to reach out to as many kids as possible, to get more cash in the bank.

It's sad for a hardcore warcraft/starcraft/diablo2 fan to see the company turn to this. I guess it's money that control their actions, and the vision to become a good game developer is long gone.
  5. Oct 23, 2014
    Played this game since BC, the game is designed for kids now. Everything in this game is so simple now and requires no skills at all even a monkey could play it. Do yourself a favor and buy guild wars 2.
  6. Oct 19, 2014
    Pre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They halfPre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They half implemented a new bag system, however, they forgot to include the most important part, assigning a bag to "Trash items"... Oh wait, nvm, trash items somehow get stored in EQUIPMENT BAGS!!! Absolutely no redeeming elements, now. Its GARBAGE!!!! Go play a better game, ffxiv, swtor, hell even ESO is better than this trash. Expand
  7. Oct 4, 2014
    For any new player thinking of giving this a go my advice is to stay away unless you want to spend endless money on a Pay to Win game.
    Once upon a time you payed your $15 a month and that was it. Now you have to pay your $15 PLUS endless micro transactions if you want to experience everything in the game.
    You pay for everything. Want a good mount - you pay. Want to change server to play with your friends - you pay. Want a descent pet - you pay, want a hat - you pay, lol want a haircut - you pay. Want to play a lvl 90 - you pay ($60)
    And these fees range from $15 - $60!!!!! each.
    Stay away from this money grabbing rubbish.
  8. Oct 2, 2014
    Love the game and the lore, absolutely hate the players, and the people who play it, you can get harassed and mistreated badly on this game and i would not intend on letting younger kids play it because they have a realm just for erp, which is where people have cyber sex, and it is disgusting if you do play do not go to moon guard and i would not recommend having your child being able toLove the game and the lore, absolutely hate the players, and the people who play it, you can get harassed and mistreated badly on this game and i would not intend on letting younger kids play it because they have a realm just for erp, which is where people have cyber sex, and it is disgusting if you do play do not go to moon guard and i would not recommend having your child being able to communicate/chat with other players at all i have played for 9 years and this game has really lost it's touch due to it's players which i would not have a problem with if the GAME MASTERS didn't treat you like a number, which they do of course because there are so many players and they don't care about you or how much money you spend, also the game is way to expensive 14.99 a month A MONTH just to be harassed and mistreated by other players... no thanks.... i stopped playing period and have found a different game to play because of the players on this game.... i do not recommend this game to younger kids or suicidal people because ... the players are so mean and disrespectful on this game that it will be the last game you ever play.

this is coming from a person who has played for 9 years.
  9. Sep 12, 2014
    Pros: N/A

Pros: N/A

Cons: "Pandaria" is obnoxious and didn't exist in the lore until Activision-Blizzard wanted to contrive another money-grubbing expansion for the game; the Panda-China theme is unneeded and annoying, and probably shows Blizzard's new market bias; the game lore was destroyed after Deathwing came back to life for the "Cataclysm expansion; highly inflationary economy; terrible leveling and gear systems where for example a level one character cannot even harm a level 80; each new expansion effectively resets the game, making your previous achievements through time invested worthless; game is deliberately designed like a giant money-generating hamster wheel for the players to run on, that is it rewards time invested very much and actual skill very little; once a new expansion is out, you can really no longer play the older versions of the game you had paid for.

Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Graphics 8/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 5/10, Voice Acting 5/10, Background Story 1/10, Plot Development 0/10, Realism 0/10, Gameplay 0/10, Replay Value 0/10, Game Publisher's Ethics -100/10, Total Score 0/10

Conclusion: Ignore this game instead of playing or buying it.
  10. Aug 9, 2014
    Mists of Pandaria provides a nice and enjoyable storyline and from that perspective the game is quite a bit of fun. The renovations to the class skill trees takes a bit of getting used to, but it does simplify things considerably.

Crafting this time around leaves a bit to be desired. I do like the idea of the "research" mechanism, but I believe that the patterns that you research should provide more "bang for the buck" so to speak. I've leveled up two professions that require the use of this research component, leatherworking and tailoring. What I have found is that there are a great deal of blue level PVP patterns that you will acquire through research. This is great for the players who are just beginning PVP, and as they acquire honor will quickly replace this gear. The downside, is that well after you have earned a full set of Purple PVP gear, your toon is still learning even more blue PVP patterns. This gets in the way of learning the PVE patterns which will be needed for PVE content (upper level dungeons, heroics and raiding). And since you can only research twice each day, this will become a very long drawn out process, and by the time you have obtained the PVE patterns you need, you may have already acquired better gear. This almost makes the crafting professions somewhat obsolete (with one major exception being the item enhancements you can craft...such as armor kits and Linings for leatherworkers and Spellthreads for tailors).

PVP, one area of the game that I enjoy since it's something I can do anytime without having to form up a group, has it's own challenges. Blizzard has been increasing the degree of Crowd Control (CC) mechanics in the game with each new release. They believe the counter for this is the "Trinket" which is a one shot every couple of minutes.. Unfortunately, when you are fighting classes with multiple CC mechanics, you are essentially locked down for the fight without the ability to actually play your character. This renders PVP for some classes the equivalent of watching a cinematic rather than actually playing the game. Unfortunately, Blizzard has consistently ignored the multitude of posts on the forums regarding this issue, and you will often find the players who play these classes responding with the out "L2P" (learn to play) response or referring to the not so helpful trinket. I've enjoyed many aspects of WOW, but I have a good feeling that as long as blizzard keeps going down this path and not addressing problems such as this (items that prevent players from playing, and therefore enjoying the game) World of Warcraft will eventually begin to fade as more and more MMOs come onto the market to steal away Blizzards thunder.
  11. Jun 5, 2014
    The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.

All that is left of this soulless game is meaningless grinding in the form of laughable "daily missions" which was Blizzard's trumphcard to try and make people come back to the game but ultimately only served to reinforce the notion that blizzard priorities income>fun instead of making genuinely fun and enjoyable products.

I can only hope that they will not also screw up Heroes of the Storm.
  12. Jun 5, 2014
    I felt like this expansion started out VERY strong. I was impressed with the story and all the zones. That is, until I finished the quests and was left with dailies. This is the first expansion that I felt had not a single fun raid boss fight. Every raid was hard and tedious for the sake of being hard and tedious, nothing was made to be fun and challenging a the same time. Hell, even theI felt like this expansion started out VERY strong. I was impressed with the story and all the zones. That is, until I finished the quests and was left with dailies. This is the first expansion that I felt had not a single fun raid boss fight. Every raid was hard and tedious for the sake of being hard and tedious, nothing was made to be fun and challenging a the same time. Hell, even the previous expansion had enjoyable fights and people complain about those being hard all the time! The sheer amount of daily grind that I had to do prevented me from fully enjoying PVP and raid content and was pushed out of raiding and PVP for the first time in any expansion. Many of my friends came back to this expansion excited but quickly left after 2 months. Failure to keep players is not the fault of the player! The community has utterly destroyed this game's enjoyment for me and I'm sure many others.
    Final thoughts; Game grinds to a painful stop once you hit 90 and have to grind (even after all the changes made), getting into normal pick up groups (what I considered to be a staple of wow raiding) is impossible due to a toxic community. The community being toxic is a strange side effect of the internet an while I can't say WOW invented the problem (it's a problem in every mmo) it ruins the game!
    At the start of the game it was going to get a 10; -2 for grinding problems -2 community -2 for ending the expansion on a grind island. -1 for being unable to keep players interested (lack of innovation?).
  13. Apr 18, 2014
    Level 1: Kill 10 boars, collect 10 apples.
    Level 10: Kill 10 cats, collect 8 apples.
    Level 30: Kill 10 ghosts, collect 6 apples. Level 80: Oh you get there from level 1 since a friend "resurrect scroll"ed you. Collect 6 apples though. Level 90: Raid same dungeon over and over and over and over.... Collect 4 apples. This game is crap. The Realm Vs Realm is crap. Each server has 1
    Level 1: Kill 10 boars, collect 10 apples.
    Level 10: Kill 10 cats, collect 8 apples.
    Level 30: Kill 10 ghosts, collect 6 apples.
    This game is crap.
    The Realm Vs Realm is crap. Each server has 1 realm with drastically more people, and they always destroy. Literally ANY game with a 3 realm system is better by far.

Don't waste your time or money.
  14. Apr 16, 2014
    Blizzard falls further and further away from the once groundbreaking and incredibly enjoyable game experience they once offered. With all the changes, this game will likely never be as good as it once was.
  15. Feb 24, 2014
    The quality of this expansion vary on where are you coming from. If you want a cheerful asian-themed MMORPG resembling Diablo III with game mechanics, then this expansion might be pretty good for you. If you played all the other expansions of WoW, you might be disappointed. If you play RPGs for story, character progression, atmosphere, immersion etc. don't even bother considering it. IfThe quality of this expansion vary on where are you coming from. If you want a cheerful asian-themed MMORPG resembling Diablo III with game mechanics, then this expansion might be pretty good for you. If you played all the other expansions of WoW, you might be disappointed. If you play RPGs for story, character progression, atmosphere, immersion etc. don't even bother considering it. If you played the original WoW and TBC and have no experience with later expansions, stay away from this. WoW is no longer a game for the RPG crowd. I played this expansion briefly, finished the story-line in few days and was done with it. All the other expansions left at least some feeling in my. This one... complete hollowness. The game has become very shallow and it aims at players with no imagination, inteligence and self-respcet. One point for all what is left in the game from its original. One point for the very few people I can still meet there and have a chat with them. Expand
  16. Feb 12, 2014
    I know this game isn't exactly for adults, but I never felt that I was in a kid (targeted) game. That is until I fought a boss that consisted of a rabbit burping carrots at me while I played whack-a-mole, then I finished it off by fighting a beer monster in china town. Ugh...I can't do this any more.
  17. Jan 12, 2014
    This addon ist NOT for players who enjoy to play a variety of classes for multiple reasons. Be it crafting materials that you can only gather by playing your -one same- character but not by trading, the farming of faction reputation (per character) or daily as well as weekly duties (per character) that you have to do over and over again, unless you want to be excluded from the rest of theThis addon ist NOT for players who enjoy to play a variety of classes for multiple reasons. Be it crafting materials that you can only gather by playing your -one same- character but not by trading, the farming of faction reputation (per character) or daily as well as weekly duties (per character) that you have to do over and over again, unless you want to be excluded from the rest of the content due to gear level.

If you make it: still endgame is hell. Outside of raids you won't find anything that isn't dumbed down. There's just nothing to do that makes sense whatsoever. Leveling is broken (too fast, super easymode, skipping lots of content, role system broken in low dungeons because of easymode npcs). PVP is broken (item level for PVP is no competition for PVE players, no change in the world for PVP victories, no sense as of what PVP should be good for in this game). Raiding can only be done once per week due to an ID system that flags the content until reset - which is once per week. So it's like a waiting game until you're allowed to do stuff again.

I'm looking hard, really, really hard for some kindness and teamplay in this game but it's nowhere to be found so far. Because everything has been anonymized along with the dumbing down people can and will try to do everything by themselves alone - in an MMO ! Others are merely a pest or random annoyance. Gameplay favors that by cornering the classes in their roles without any way to prove useful out of that role as well as the way classes are designed: Not teamplay is relevant for everyone. It's just relevant that YOU play you OWN CLASS well enough to survive - except for healers of course who are responsible for everyone.

I can hardly put my finger on the -one thing- that is broken in that game because there's so much wrong with it now. Basically it's become a game of ego players that want the best items while looking down on all others and trying to do everything alone and/or start griefing on others.
    It's not the MMO with a kind community and teamplay that it once was. The thing is: I could put myself to use but because there's only raid content where that really matters I feel like there's no other place for me to be - except for once per week, of course.

Pandas are not the problem with that addon. Just another race added. The problems are broken mechanics everywhere, a world that has content added to it, one addon at a time while the previous content is basically dead and a community that is merely centered around endgame and toxic behaviour because the game has become so boring that this is the most interesting thing that one can actually do.

I had to take a break at the end of the previous addon, "Cataclysm", because it was long overdue to release new story content aka the next addon which took quite a long time. I waited some time after MoP before I started so that I could start my question without facing overrun zones with harsh competition but still there was just no place for me to be. As tank or healer I don't have any good options outside of instanced content. So I am forced to play a damage based class outside - or I play my -one- raid per week. Below the raiding difficult there is only very shallow instanced content and nothing that matters in the outside world.

Just no fun. Add toxic people, have your Wow experience. That's how it is.

Take this rating as a 3/10 instead of a 4/10 if you play on those servers that have technical problems quite frequently or such a low Horde / Alliance population that the auction house and guilds are quite empty.
  18. Jan 12, 2014
    I played it for 8 years and I was, at different times, role-player with quests, profession farmer, gold farmer, explorer, serious raider and a sad veteran in the end. Its just not what it used to be. I put some things that players might remember or want back:

1) Mounts became useless and easy to get, you can summon and wait EVERYTHING. You pet may get one any of these days. 2)

2) Professions are easy and good for I don't know what anymore...
    3) You may get lvl 90 without questing and using LFG/LFR easily
    4) Epic items are easier to get when compared to common and uncommon. The hardest to find are the gray items that we use to sell when questing.( prove is that enchanting mats from epics most times are the cheapest available in AH)
    5) Classic dungeons are so dead...
    6) The old expansions have no value AT ALL. They are needed because they are pre-requisite for the new one. The old raids have no real value.
    7) Old areas have no real value, they are totally dead
    8) World pvp for resources, dungeon summon, fun are GONE forever...
    9) BARRENS CHAT is no more...
    10) STV pvp have vanished...
    11) Auction house, well... I won't even comment...

That's it...we need to wait for the next real good MMO, because right now there is no heir to WoW in the market.
  19. Sep 25, 2013
    Each WoW expansion has felt like a watered down version of the one before it. The complexity that made the game great is gone, pandering instead to the lowest common denominator player.
  20. Jul 11, 2013
    Throughout the beta for this game, you could tell there was something 'off' about it, there was a lack of direction and the game as a whole has been left in odd, unsavory parts.

Whilst they have rectified the errors made in cataclysm by adding more endgame content, they have further reduced the leveling time and now they want to bring an ingame shop with which to buy further EXP bonuses, so you never actually see more than half of a zone before you are rushed off.

The Endgame content is lacking, and all though the raids are plenty, Blizzard is making fights more and more complex, which doesn't necessarily mean a more interesting counter but more of a tedium to learn and do. There has only been 1 additional raid release throughout it's 3 patches, with a 2nd coming in 5.4, and the fact that it is almost over after 1 year of release, makes you wonder whether they are pushing out a greater quantity of content rather than a select of quality content. They have added a new raiding system, which is an improvement, but it still feels like a huge 'drop-off' point for players who want to raid, as you can still get 0 loot from your raid finder, or normal raid, and as soon as you get gear that out-scales the raid finder's current loot available to you, you can't help but feel that it becomes a pointless waste of your time. Blizzard have removed the daily quest limit, so instead of paying careful attention to which faction you'd like to make some friends with, you basically have no reason to not spend 3 hours doing them all at once, which feels very overwhelming and necessary to retain an edge in the game. Challenge mode dungeons are underplayed, and are still pretty much ignored on the whole.

New features such as the Tiller's farm and Pet battles added some interesting flavor and value to the game, but they quickly lose their novelty and your farm seems like more of a chore, and pet battles just lose any sort of charm after you get beaten by an enemy-troll team.

In conclusion, I think that Mists of Pandaria cured the bane of players, which was nothing to do, but now instead overfaces them with too much.

Graphics wise it is fine, not a gem, but it's not really a 'graphics' orientated game.
  21. Jun 15, 2013
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.
    AND even now it still costs 20 to migrate 1 character I have 10 character so it would cost me 200 to migrate them all to other server. And reason why this is a problem for me is that my server died around Cataclysm times .
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.

If im lucky there will be 2-3 alliance in Tol'Barad battle At best gametime there might be 35-45 90 lvl.s online. And yet we get no free migrate out of the server .

Blizzard doesent give a about they'r fans Migrate costing 20 just proves it.
  22. May 28, 2013
    I fear MOP is a reflection of when the whining masses get their own way. Let me be up front and state this: just because people want something in a game, does not mean it's good game design.

Do you remember when tanking and healing used to take skill and some forethought? You won't find that here. Healers cannot go OOM and tanking takes very little attention. Characters have

Characters have become very homogenized and the differences between the classes are small.

Blizzard cannot balance PVP. This is the worst pvp I've played in any wow game. Sure, people used to get gibbed in vanilla, but at least you could see it coming most of the time IE stuck in a seduction while a warlock fired up a soulfire with a 6 second cast. Combine this with boatloads of instant CCs and instant heals and instant everything else and I'm left wondering who finds pvp fun anymore?

Many of the raid fights I've been in had hard enrage timers. Many fights aren't about mechanic mastery, but about pumping out as much dps as you can. This made for some of the most boring boss battles I've done yet, and the most frustrating.

Blizzard has taken an approach to eliminate all aspects of socialization or need to communicate and coordinate. Why CC a mob? Looking for raid is pants on head stupidly easy. No longer is there any mystique because all raids are cleared on day 1 with a raid full of people who don't communicate and are not punished for standing in the fire the whole fight. How is this even a game? There is no challenge to be found here. Just because I'm a casual player doesn't mean I want to be treated like someone who has never seen a computer before.

Grinding has been replaced with daily quests. Remember how in vanilla or TBC you could log on and go kill mobs for drops to get rep with the scryers or timbermaw? Yes, it was a grind, but what we're offered in place of this is daily quests. Now the ability to accumulate rep is throttled instead of being something you could do on your own time! Just because it's a daily quest doesn't mean it is not a grind. You are still killing mobs or picking up items. I miss being able to farm twilight texts and selling them to other players who wanted their rep grind quickly. I also miss how grinding mobs in an area for drops usually meant players were going to be in the same area for a while and provided good opportunities for PVP.

Cross realm zones have ensured that the low level crafting materials are going to be extremely rare. This is opposed to the mop lvl zones where you literally cannot go 2 seconds without seeing another resource node to loot. Have fun lvling that new character's trades!

I'll conclude by saying that I stand in the group that firmly believes Vanilla and especially TBC were the pinnacle of wow. I still play on a private vanilla wow server and I find it infinitely more enjoyable than mop. It is not the nostalgia factor at all as many mop supporters would like to think. Wow used to be simple to learn and hard to master. It used to require team work, communication, and some struggling which just made the rewards that much more enjoyable to get. There used to be a reason to go out into the world, and you could make real rivalries and get a reputation for yourself. Blizz made wow so people who want to be anonymous jerks or are really bad at the game are able to accomplish just as much as everyone else in the same span of time without ever leaving the main cities. There is no challenge to be had here. This is the last Blizzard game I will ever purchase (I said that when I got D3 and I should have stuck to my guns). The worst part is that much of the community supports the direction WOW is going so I really do think we are going to see WOW fizzle out and die because the people who made the community good, enjoyed a challenge, and didn't want everything handed to them on a silver platter have been alienated.

The few good things, challenge modes, and improved graphics, are the only pros I can think of. Even challenge modes though are just a race against the clock however and only provide aesthetic rewards. Not worth coming back for IMO.
  23. Apr 28, 2013
    I've seen WoW slowly go down the drain. Pretty soon you'll pick a character and all the abilities will be picked for you and you'll have no choice. I can't believe people actually still play this.
  24. Apr 17, 2013
    Remember when the game was rewarding, and made ditching your girlfriend because it was a raid night and it would take at least 4 hours to get through it okay? Well now you just feel like an idiot, because there is no longer any point to play for more than 2 minutes a day. That is all the time you need to level cap, get geared up, and rape some bosses.

Remember how there was a sense of

Remember how there was a sense of individualism in customizing your character by paving the way each and every level, learning a new trick that goes with the way you play? Blizzard to a dump on that idea and fed to their dogs by destroying the talent trees, and giving every ability you will EVER use at level 10. By the time you are 90 your face will be bruised, because that is all you need to use to play this game. Just smash your face on the keyboard and everything before you will die.

This game sucks, end of story. The ONLY reason I give it a 3 instead of a 0 is because leveling from 85 to 90 wasn't so bad. Its just, when I reached the endgame content (which is where WOW used to truly shine) I said to myself "this game blows massive donkey boner". And that was the end of my experience.
  25. Apr 3, 2013
    Crappy expansion, same old game with more pandas! Only fans and people with mental issues would enjoy this game. NOT RECOMMENDED! Graphics have been the same since the first release, it's time for a better graphics.
  26. Mar 29, 2013
    I played world of warcraft since about 2006, stopping on occasions when it got boring between expansions. I like the questing experience, the story, the cutscenes etc. Over time, WoW has gotten much better with the cutscenes, but this is not necessarily implemented effectively. the idea of the world changing, characters walking around and interacting, etc that is GOOD. but when it changeI played world of warcraft since about 2006, stopping on occasions when it got boring between expansions. I like the questing experience, the story, the cutscenes etc. Over time, WoW has gotten much better with the cutscenes, but this is not necessarily implemented effectively. the idea of the world changing, characters walking around and interacting, etc that is GOOD. but when it change to a situation where the cutscene is scripted by the server and it does not wait for your computer to load the world and characters, the cutscene can lose any and al impact that it may have otherwise had. This is the issue that has made me decide to stop playing Mists of Pandaria. although it pains me a great deal to do so, I have to do it because while the story and ideas are good, the way it is presented is so bad, that it upsets me to play it. You could call this incredibly poor choice in programming or system design, and is just one of many poor choices. There is also the decision to tie the graphics engine into the internet connection speed so that if you are lagging, your display becomes choppy. for people with intermittent connections, this makes playing the game almost impossible. lag can be dealt with. sometimes a monster might be slow attacking. that is not the end of the world. but when you cannot run forwards because of the stuttering, you know something is seriously wrong with the game. I had quit WoW for good, but decided to come back for MoP. unfortunately that meant i had to go through all the same areas for the 5th time. This is another massive flaw in the game. having to repeat the same actions over and over again, is not my idea of fun. but anyhow, I had decided to play MoP. I had spent all this time getting to the content I had actually paid for, and now it is nearly un-playable. this has become a colossal waste of my money and time. to say I am feeling upset is a gross understatement. Expand
  27. Mar 13, 2013
    Blizzard: "Let's copy/paste our previous expansions and give it a new look and slightly tweaked mechanics! That way we can get as much money as possible without working on improving the game at all!" MoP is just the same old wow with a new wrapping and unjustified hype. WoW will never be the great game it once was again.
  28. Mar 13, 2013
    I played WoW for about 7 years. Getting on board about a month after the launch of the Burning Crusade. The game was incredibly different then. The world was more alive, and there was a lot of user generated content. From PvP raids, world PvP, world PvE, community events etc... There were groups of strangers always finding something to do. It was more social, which is what kept me playingI played WoW for about 7 years. Getting on board about a month after the launch of the Burning Crusade. The game was incredibly different then. The world was more alive, and there was a lot of user generated content. From PvP raids, world PvP, world PvE, community events etc... There were groups of strangers always finding something to do. It was more social, which is what kept me playing for so long. However about mid way through Wrath of the Lich King came the LFG (Looking For Group) tool. That allows players to queue, and will automatically assemble a group. Indeed, it takes out all the pain of trying to assemble a group yourself, but the tool caused less people to be in the world. The interaction among players dwindled. Being that the other players are on different realms the communication is minimal, with maybe a ""hi" and "thanks for the group." Towards the latter Cataclysm, they implemented LFR (Looking for Raid), similar to LFG, it exacerbated the same problems that came with LFG. Beyond these issues, Mists of Pandaria, is rather repetitive. Since player generated content has vanished, unless you're an role-player, the only things left to, and not necessarily in a negative sense just a precise sense, you'll do quests to level to cap, once there you'll really be left with only two options. You'll either run battlegrounds to achieve honor points which will be spent on items that will make you more powerful, or you'll end up battling the "random" number generator in dungeons to obtain the gear you need to raid were you'll repeat the cycle. You'll also end up doing weeks of daily quests just to spend the currency you're obtaining while running dungeons. It can be misleading. It'll appear that there is plenty to do at "endgame" but will boil down to raiding, or instanced PvP. With the LFR, and LFG the game feels very lobby based now. Lack of reason to go into the world, and little user generated content leaves everyone waiting around for the next patch. Expand
  29. Mar 4, 2013
    I was originally very excited for the expansion having been a loyal player. I was sourly disappointed. The novelty of the new land quickly wears off and it all begins to look the same. I was bored by level 87 from all the green. They modified the game for simplicity but went too far with it. There is not much skill involved. The pandas only have one viable heal until level 40...well, levelI was originally very excited for the expansion having been a loyal player. I was sourly disappointed. The novelty of the new land quickly wears off and it all begins to look the same. I was bored by level 87 from all the green. They modified the game for simplicity but went too far with it. There is not much skill involved. The pandas only have one viable heal until level 40...well, level 80 in my opinion. They didn't fix the laginess. There is no proper raiding or PVP anymore. Any average joe can mash buttons to win. The dumbing down of the game has put me off. Many of my loyal friends are now leaving the game behind for something new (or left a while ago) and I'm a little sad and nostalgic leaving it behind. WoW is simply not the same game it was; their new playerbase of dumbed down, button mashing kids will take over the game for a while. Expand
  30. Feb 27, 2013
    If you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has just as much meaning as anyone else's. Obviously you guys are judging this game on the new content (because it's awful). Max level heroics are a joke. The raids are boring, the pvp is pathetic, and the endgame is terrible. This is the worst mmo, with the worst endgame, and for a mmo endgame isIf you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has just as much meaning as anyone else's. Obviously you guys are judging this game on the new content (because it's awful). Max level heroics are a joke. The raids are boring, the pvp is pathetic, and the endgame is terrible. This is the worst mmo, with the worst endgame, and for a mmo endgame is where it counts for a small portion of players, many players feel that it's the journey not the destination that counts (the journey in WoW is equally as terrible as the endgame). The facts are this, if you liked raiding or pvp in ANY of the previous WoW expansions than this is a step backwards. The raids are laughably easy even on their heroic modes and would only be challenging to a small child (small children are obviously who this expansion was made more). Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]