4.6

1. Sep 27, 2012
    Too much of the same. Little to no change what-so-ever despite, and what little new features there are they are patch worthy at best.

Do not buy if you're looking for a dramatic change, the game is just as bland as Cataclysm was.
  2. Sep 27, 2012
    Blizzard failed to deliver anything close to what i expected from a company that gets over 1 000 000$ a month. They cant do anything right these days. This was my last Blizzard game ever, im tierd of their ****
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    Why did i bother to buy it...Biggest buyers remorse of 2012. I EVEN made an account here because im so frustrated. I want my money back blizzard. There is nothing innovating in this game, even **** guild wars 2 brings more to the table than this pile of ****
  4. Sep 27, 2012
    Well, I was disappointed in Cata from the start, and was hoping MoP would bring back anything remotely epic in the game outside of Max level play. Sadly, it's still just an ez rush to endgame, one or 2 shotting mobs along the way. Planned to take my time, enjoy the panda starting zone, but found it so dumbed down(further if possible from Cata), and really uninspiring artistically that I just left the area. The game has finally cured me of my original amazement, and awe. Time to move on. Too much streamlining, too little server interaction and community brought on by the many changes over time, too little immersion. The game is a sad shadow of its former self, where the immersion has been stripped out so everyone can get the big baddy in the end. If no one can lose, how can anyone succeed? The loss of tiered raiding, and true progression have made this game much less than it once was. I have never even been a consistent raider, but I was proud of my progress, even if it was just Heroics in BC. Eventually I moved through the raids, but I wasn't cutting edge by any means...and still there was something for everyone, a niche, where you could find friends at or near your level still climbing the progress ladder. Wrath was filled w mostly 10 man raiding for me, and as with TBC the 10 level expansion made the leveling mean something, there was real progression in your character as you opened new areas at 77, etc..sadly this franchise is nothing more than a $ generator at this point for Blizz. Nothing original in 2 full expacs, micro-transactions and vanity items everywhere, and no longer an ounce of originality. Whoever is working on the game now just seems tired of it, and waiting for people to break their addiction so they can develop something new. Sad for such a formerly great game. Technically, the game is still sound, that's the only saving grace. Expand
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    First off everyone needs to ignore all scores around 0. It is absolutely ridiculous that little kids/immature with an axe to grind can come on here and cry about Pandas. These aren't reviews they are simply being vindictive and if you read most of them, they are carbon copy posts by cry baby sheep. I am someone who hasn't played in a year and I have generally liked the expansion. To start the release was one of the most solid that i can remember, although there is lag here and there. There really is tons of depth to this game and it's no longer geared to be a second job. Tons of people on here are posting vindictive zeros because they are no longer a unique snowflake. They are butt hurt because EVERYONE can now access raiding via "looking for raid (LFR)". These are the people who raid as their job and base their self-worth on it. They are the ones who stand around in major cities, posing so people can see how beautiful their gear and mounts are. Those days are over because everyone can now access said gear, but in different colors. It is actually quite hilarious that these people are so upset that the game has evolved and they no longer are the only ones with raiding gear, etc. that they feel the need to come here and score it a zero. It's sad actually, but shows you how they were way into the game in the first place.

If you've been away from the game, give this expansion a shot. There's a lot more to do, previous systems have been tweaked, and a good amount of dungeons and raids to begin with. Too much is made over pandas being a playable race, redone talent system, LFR, etc. I have zero interest in pet battles, but everyone seems to be loving it. Beyond all of that, don't be fooled. This isn't a child's game by any stretch of the imagination. People cry on the internet because they have anonymity and no fear of being called out for acting like spoiled children. Do not let haters and cry babies dictate if you play this expansion or not. I am not a Blizzard fanboy, so take that into consideration. If anything Diablo 3 deserves the zero's, but not this expansion.

One more thing about the zeros. Maybe all of the haters and cry babies here, who claimed to have quit the game, but probably haven't, hopefully have. What does that mean for the player base? Well if people, like the ones scoring the expansion zero because they are immature crybabies, are gone, that bodes well for a more mature and respectful player base. This expansion, like life, is what you make of it. If you have a sense of entitlement, you think the game should cater to the minority(hardcore, and not the majority of players, then this game isn't for you. If you like to play a very well done game/expansion, that has more depth than anything out there, this is a game for you.

P.S. Haters gonna hate, so ignore them
  6. Sep 27, 2012
    Game is just too old now. Everything is a never ending rinse and repeat. I try to come back to love it like the old days but it's too late. Maybe it's a genre burnout or the games been around longer than it should have been. Thats the problem with mmos. They are all the same and offer nothing exciting and new. Its just regurgitated garbage from a decade ago.
  7. Sep 27, 2012
    Same old boring world of warcraft now catered for even younger kids in the 10-12 year age, god what has happend to MMO's these days...Blizzard is panically milking the last money possible out of their costumer base before everyone leaves.
  8. Sep 27, 2012
    I've played WoW since vanilla. I skipped WotLK entirely, though I've dabbled in some of the content since coming back for Cataclysm. I'm seeing a lot of 0's here, in addition to a lack of professional reviews so I'm putting in my 2 cents worth, because the 4.0 I'm seeing as the user score seems HORRENDOUSLY inaccurate. I'm only level 88, and have only quested the first 3 zones, so my scope is limited, but my first impression is vastly different from what I'm seeing other people (who likely have the same amount of time with the game, or less.)

Here's the bad:

This is not a perfect launch for an expansion. There have been quest bottlenecks where there are too many players and not enough mobs. Blizzard took away some very convenient features, such as mass summons, and the ability to use your flying mount while levelling, with the purpose of "allowing the player to better appreciate the world they've designed." Cross realm zones have been obnoxiously bugged, and were fixed only yesterday.

All of this is to be expected with the launch of a Blizzard MMO title. Every other launch has been exactly the same.

And guess what? All that stuff doesn't matter.

The zone design is beautiful. The storyline is full of laugh out loud moments, with all the goofy pop culture references you'd expect from Blizzard. The monster designs are unique and interesting. The atmosphere of the first few zones are lighthearted, with the pandas constantly eschewing their love of peace and food. Food is a big deal in this expansion... there's an entire town called Halfhill devoted to all the different cooking specialties you can learn, and tons of quests to do while learning. I've heard there's also a farming minigame to play as well, where you can grow your own cooking reagents? Tradeskills are exceptionally easy, from what I've heard. You could argue that they are too easy, but then, I never really had all that much fun running around farming ore or herbs or skinning back in the days of Classic and Burning Crusade WoW. I haven't stepped into the new dungeons, but I saw previews of them from back in beta, and they look like they'll fit right in with everything that's come before.

The story seems lighthearted now, but some NPC's are dropping foreboding hints at a coming darkness. The tension between horde and alliance in the quests is much more prominent than it's been in the past, and this evil force called the Sha keeps showing up. The ancient protectors of the continent are tired, and unable to tend to it on their own. And that's where we come in. I can't wait to get into these dungeons and raids and save the world once again.
  9. gmx
    Sep 27, 2012
    From bad to worse. Blizzard has hit a new low. Anyone giving this a 10 must be a blizzard employee or completely delusional. After seeing what people in-game are saying, there's no way there are this many people who actually think this garbage deserves a "10". Whatever, I'm done with WoW for good. Enjoy your pandas and 8 year olds.
  10. Sep 27, 2012
    As a player who's been with this game since alpha I can honestly say that this is the best expansion since Burning Crusade. Everything was improved, from combat, to questing. The only thing I cab even nitpick about is the age of the game slowing graphically when compared to more recent MMO titles. Us unfortunate that most reviewers are blinded by their own fanatical love for how WoW "used" too be to realize it. Vanilla was amazing, but what alot of people don't realize is the game its the same and hasn't gotten easier, its just less time consuming. People can't devote 10 hours a day to progression wipes in raids anymore so Blizzard speed punishing people who can't give their life too this game. Graphically the game is sound, but shows a bit of age.

Ambience music and zone sound tracks are brilliant.

Gameplay is left relatively unchanged which is both a bad and good thing.

When it comes down too it though, you'll either love it or hate it. Longtime fans will find more of the same, and newcomers will be welcomed with an expansive world with plenty to do.
  11. Sep 27, 2012
    The talent system has been homogenized to a simplistic and boring system that doesn't offer anything cool. What used to be unique and interesting classes have been made really dull to play. The talent and ingenuity that was once the WoW dev team have moved to other projects, and there is nothing now that makes the game fun. While they obviously have a talented design team, the overall final product is lackluster.

MoP was created only for the intent of making as much $ as possible by appealing to the lowest common denominator because the game life cycle has less time ahead compared to what has past.

As a result you get stupid Pandas, pokemon pet battles, and other silly nonsense that killed the uniqueness of the game. There is nothing fun about MoP. You just get a gaggle of simplistic crap with a few new character models.

I have been playing since 2005, and MoP offers nothing to an otherwise fun game. Blizzard is not the quality company that it once was. I didn't want to bother with Diablo 3 after the real $ auction house came online. I just found that trifling, and the desire to go higher levels into the game was not there.

I think I am done with Blizzard, been fun 1997-2012.
  12. Sep 27, 2012
    Just want to echo what a lot of reviews are already stating. MOP is yet another release that fails to meet the high quality standards of the Blizzard we knew before the merger with Activision.
  13. Sep 27, 2012
    I am literally cursing myself for buying this. The litany of fail in WoW and MoP has been stated up and down these reviews. Same old race to level cap, but this time through a soulless Disney-esque generic Asian continent. I will not be grinding my way through re-skinned dungeons or raids with the same boring mechanics. Buyer beware.
  14. Sep 27, 2012
    I'll keep it short and sweet.
    Let's say WoW used to be Lego, it is now Duplo.
    That is all. Pandaria is pretty lame overall. Waste of money and time.
  15. Sep 27, 2012
    First of all just want to say that Iv been playing WoW for over 6 years and I have experienced the game from the beginning. First thing I dont like about MoP is the whole simplified formula Blizzard came up with for new / bad players. To be this totally beats the concept of a game, where game should be changeling with some kinda learning curve, I hate hope WoW has become a no brain game that requires minimum skill to play.. I mean damn watching TV is more fun than MoP.. Second, the PvP is imbalanced, the worst it have been so far, there are classes doing too much dps / healing, and classes that are doing too little..I dont know why would Blizz want to throw away 8 years of developing pvp balance and then just throw it all away with the new talent system... Third, the new content is the same old cake, just different icing.. I think Panda's where a bad idea also, I mean there is nothing " Fantasy " about Fun Fu Pandas, WoW is a Fantasy MMO after all.. Oh well, I want give them my money for that junk, Expand
  16. Sep 27, 2012
    Been playing since vanilla and I can honestly say that this is the worst expansion ever. Loads of bugs, lagg, disconnects, rude customer support, the list goes on and isnt worth my time. They have lost me as a customer and I will boycott anything this company sells.
  17. Sep 27, 2012
    Please do not listen to the fanboys on here. This expansion is awful. The same people that are giving 10s are the same people that will be whining about how much they hate it an a few weeks. Same thing happened with Cataclysm (which I didn't think was all that bad), except Pandaria is waaaayyyy worse. What a trainwreck! Blizzard what were you thinking?
  18. Sep 27, 2012
    I made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There is one controversial change which I cannot comment on as I have seen very little of its impact which is cross realm zones. In theory it should be a good thing and I dont see why it shouldnt especially if it adds more chance for random PVP encounters. But I will leave it at that.

Talent/skill/glyph revamp- One of the most unfun things to do in an MMO is to have to learn and relearn complicated trees which alter stats. If you are playing 1 or 2 characters it is easy to keep upto speed and actually know how to make a profficent build. After 10 years of online game I have a small army of characters across doaens of games and it is almost more trouble than it is worth to go back and jump on one you havent played for a while. The new talent system can only give you strong builds that can be figured out relatively quickly. There is also a greater degree of tactical flexibility with the ability to loadout skills and glyphs on the fly allowing more focus on actual combat. I have notivced several skills which have been integrated as passives or into other skills. I think this is great as having more and more skills every year only overcomplicate what should be simple.

Pet battles- only done it a short time but it seems very well done. If you ever played pokemon on gameboy you will like this. It is optional and offers a bit of depth.

Pandaria- I have played many wow clones over the years and I have come to the conclusion that if you are looking for that kind of simple casual progression wow does it just as good and in many cases better than any. They have not reinvented the wheel. but further refined the original formula to make your basic kill/collect quest as entertaining as possible. I wasnt sure if I would be into the whole panda/chinese/kun-fu theme, although they have done a good job of it. It has an exotic feel to it. Alot of the fights are 2-5 mobs and it reminds me of fighting creeps back in the days of ROC/TFT alot more than previous expansions. Monk- Havent played hte new class however I have fought against them and they seem pretty powerful. People actually playing them like it. Dungeons/raids- Only done 4 of the new ones on normal and they are what one would expect. I look forward to the challenge modes and scenarios.

Area looting- about f'in time.

PVP-
    havent been able to try new BG, I think they are lv 90, however there is a hell of alot of world PVP. Sharing quest hubs with the other faction can be tense and difficult at times, and because of that we have the highest levels of WPVP sing the southshore/TM days. Both good and someimes annoying but its what alot of people have been saying they want for years and I dont mind. Overall- I am level 88 and have had the most fun in wow since vanilla. The overall experince is top notch. it is an experiance. I am actually looking forward to leveling up some alts which is unusual. Most people I have talked too and played with have high opinion of MoP. The many low scores reviewers have given on this site is a joke written by a growing minority of disgruntled players who have lost there perspective. I suspect that this is because they have been playing blizzard games/MMOs heavily for years and are incapable of enjoying them anymore. That has happened to me before and I couldnt play for years.
  19. Sep 27, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria sucks! The Pandaren suck, the quests suck, pandaria sucks, talents suck, monks suck, pvp sucks, crz sucks, ect. ect. Fun fact: Pandas are so lame they won't even mate with each other to save their own species.
  20. Sep 27, 2012
    Not the worst expansion, but definitely not the best either. The Pandaren starting zone is boring and very slow paced, especially since you are unable to send over your BoA items straight away. The art style and music in Pandaria is great. Cross realm zones hurt the game more than they add to it. Pet battles are an absolute joke and are a prime example as to why Cory Stockton should not be a Lead Content Designer. Level 90 class talents are not balanced at all in that some classes only get meh abilities. Expand
  21. Sep 27, 2012
    This game completely sucks now. WoW was once one of the best mmos on the market, but now it's one of the worst. There are free to play games that trump WoW these days, and paying $15 a month for this terrible game just seems stupid after the MoP debacle.
  22. Sep 28, 2012
    Tons of new thinks. The new pet system is awesome. Until now i think its so much better then cataclysm. It brings a lot of new things, systems, raids.
  23. Sep 28, 2012
    "Everyone gets a trophy for showing up".
    This unfortunately is Blizzards mantra on their game design these days. In an attempt to staunch the loss of subscribers Blizz has decided that content needs to be easy, unchallenging, and provide rewards regardless of effort or skill. The leveling process, which is a huge part of any RPG MMO has slowly but surely been flattened and dumbed down to
    little more than a themepark ride, where mashing your buttons randomly will reward you with success, and never once will there be any danger of failure for poor decisions. Even the traditional challenge of needing to learn the mechanics of your class to succeed in group content; such as dungeons and raids, has been removed in favour of sleepwalking through content to collect shiny loot at the end.
    Another huge part of any MMO; the social aspect, has been gutted and left to rot in favour of appeasing the lazy anti-social loot-hungry players. While forming a group through actual social interation and discussion was time consuming, it created bonds with fellow players, it opened up opportunities for guild recruitment and just good old fashioned making friends. But crucially it created a sense of value in other players when teaching each other and sticking with a group meant something. Now with the auto dungeon/raid finder other players have zero value. Its far easier to abuse another player and kick them out the group knowing that the automatic finder tool will happily keep replacing that player for you until you find someone that meets your exact required numbers.
    Groups are just silent anti-social loot farming expeditions, where kicking for the slightest of perceived mistakes or shortcomings are the order of the day. Friends lists are all but dead and empty, guilds have dried up and disappeared in favour of the mega-leveling guilds which are used only for their guild level benefits. The social aspect of the game has been inadvertantly destroyed for the sake of ease and laziness. Just because players want the easiest route doesnt mean its actually good for them and the community, just as children who only want to eat icecream but we know that making them eat their vegetables is good for them in the longterm.
    The dungeon and raid content has also been a victim of easy no-effort rewards. Players who have no interest in learning about their class, learning how to player more effectively have found that its much easier to complain to Blizzard and demand easier content. In the belief that making content as easy as possible will prevent further subscriber loss Blizz happily keep dumbing group content down. Now Raid Finder is nothing more than a loot distribution tool requiring a half-asleep raid group to hit a cardboard cutout boss before watching it fall over so they can pat themselves on the back for completing a "challenging raid and getting hard-won loot".
    All of this while the core game has never brought any real innovation to the genre. The age old hamster wheel of fetching 10 boar spleens and killing 8 kobolds to level up, so you can farm the same handful of dungeons to get gear for raiding so you can farm the same raid to get gear for the next expansion, all so you can then farm to replace all your gear for a few more +1's and wait to do it all again in a couple months. No meaningful character progression outside of farming gear over and over again. Proffessions that are meaningless other than providing a couple of minor stat boosts. PvP that relies on tedious endless point grinding to get gear just to be able to compete. Daily quests that are nothing more than more hamster wheels to deperately keep you paying your monthly fee while waiting to farm more dungeons.
    Lastly the talent system that has been reduced to a simplified system which is terrified of letting anyone make a mistake. The idea of making a poor decision and learning from it has been deemed unacceptable. Everyone needs to succeed all the time, regardless of skill or knowledge. As such its a system with no real choice, since there are no "wrong" choices. Its a theme that is repeated throughout the games design. When everyone is a winner, then nobody wins.
  24. Sep 28, 2012
    Mists is great, fantastic visuals, great new areas to explore and awesome new dungeons with great stories that take you through the content. Peoples hatred for Blizzard amazes me, and the fact that they rate this game a '0' just shows immaturity, even when they are crying themselves to sleep because they want a more mature game..? I think Blizz did a great job, the old talent trees were stupid because everyone would just hop on google to find the best spec, now it actually requires personal choices as opposed to just following the crowd. Anyone who is hating on the game is just bitter because they're childhood has passed them by and they want to relive it. Expand
  25. Sep 28, 2012
    This game is horribly disappointing. I felt like a 10 yaer old girl playing it. Really, pandas and pokemon? After Diablo 3's rip off Blizzard really needed to hit a home run with Mists of Pandaria and they failed miserably. Never buying another Blizzard game. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me. Off to GW2 I go.
  26. Sep 28, 2012
    I played WoW back in 2006 and was surprised when I resubbed that the game did not age well at all. The questing is dated, the graphics look terrible, and the community is probably the most vile I have ever seen anywhere. Got my refund after one day of playing.
  27. Sep 28, 2012
    This game gets worse and easier with every expansion. The graphics and gameplay need a big update. It's a shame to she how this game has gone so low in all this years.
  28. Sep 28, 2012
    Interesting to me that the best parts of this Xpac are stolen.... umm I mean borrowed IP from other games. Wondering if Nintendo will sue. I leveled 2 toons to 90 on the beta servers. Same old stuff apart from the Pokemon and Harvest Moon rip offs. I think the thing that really sunk the score for me is the big hardware reduction plan they're trying to sell as a feature. CRZ has made a mess of the leveling process and it will be coming soon to the 86-90 zones so have fun if you're an alt-oholic like me. Or was, I should say. I'm out and on to other (better) things. Feel sorry for the ones trying to tough it out. Good luck on Blizz fixing anything. They didn't trademark SOON for nothing. Expand
  29. Sep 28, 2012
    The monk class released with this expansion class is one of my favorite classes from any mmo so far. I used to wonder why most MMOs did not offer a "Martial Arts" sort of class. Well finally WoW has, and it is not only my favorite class in the game, but of any MMO. The new Pandaren race is very well done, and many would agree has the best animations of any race in the game. World of Warcraft is about as polished as a game can get from my experience, and I play just about every major MMO released. I am VERY pleased that I gave WoW another try, I have not been able to stop playing since MoP released. Expand
  30. Sep 28, 2012
    As an mmo veteran i would like to say that I really love this expansion. I must be playing a different game than some of the negative posters. The transition was seamless for me, I've had a total of two MINOR bugs throughout the entire expansion. To dislike the pandas just because they seem childish is very shallow, the panda starting zone was very entertaining and the lore is amazing. The artwork in mists of pandaria is beautiful, I just want to take my time questing so I can enjoy the scenery. Sure the graphics could be better but you have to sacrifice so some people can play (not everyone can have a state of the art computer). I have leveled several characters throughout the whole game and I must say that the questing experience keeps getting better. The interactions with the NPC's and the flawless phasing makes everything seem so real. To say this game is easier I think is wrong also. The mini rarespawn's throughout the questing zones make use of difficult mechanics that even a veteran will struggle with, the new talent system (although simplified) now can be encounter specific and good players will know which talents to use for each fight. The old talent system was never very difficult to begin with. Overall I think it is beautiful, questing is more involved, and very well put together. Thank you Blizzard! Expand
  31. Sep 28, 2012
    First and foremost, let me start out by saying that I think many of the people here who have reported the game as being shipped out as the same content over and over have to realize something about MMOs in general: they all follow the same pattern. Sure, there are games out, now, like Guild Wars 2 and Rift that implemented an event-based questing system. But guess what? 8 years down the line when the game releases their expansions, I wonder how many people are going to say oh god, not another EVENT-BASED expansion? Because after 8 years of a game being released and built upon, I would think people are just looking to hate on a game thats been walking a delicate line between releasing drastic changes and retaining much of the nostalgic and old-style feel from Classic WoW. What people want is an overhaul, but not an -overhaul-. Oh, please change all x things, but leave x things the same! I am in no way a Blizzard fangirl.Blizzard has made some royal screw-ups in the course of its career, but I -do- think they are trying. Do people really think these developers and artists just sit there and put no love into their work? Do you think they hate their own games? Come on. Use your brains. If -you- were a developer working day and night on a project as big as WoW, youd do the best you can at making it a game worth playing. Stop being petty and play the game longer than three days before you start down-rating it for issues that are either already being addressed or that are never going to change, period. If you dont like the rep/quest grind any longer, you should just stop playing MMOs in general and quit downgrading a game solely on a mechanic that is NEVER going to go away.
    Quests: There have been quite a few bugs here and there in the questlines. Such is expected of a newly game, so I give them an appropriate amount of time to go back in and fix those bugs. They are doing so as I type this...a two hour down-time period for them to do an overhaul and fix some of the more glaring issues. I dont mind taking a break from my grind to come back to fixed content. Now, we have the quests themselves, which actually are still reminiscent of the typical quest grind, but have some interesting lore surprises just when you think things are getting boring! I thoroughly enjoy the turn the lore has taken for the Alliance-side questing through Pandaria and have been following closely through each zone. Some quests are very fun and light-hearted, some might call them 'childish' but really, we're all playing an online fantasy game, what else do you expect? Pandaren: They are pretty interesting...I thoroughly LOVE Chinese lore in and of itself and I think Blizzard was very respectful in borrowing and honoring some implemented qualities from the culture and design. This is coming from a person who went to Blizzcon and grouched about the day they announced the idea of Pandaren: I didnt like them and didnt want them in my WoW. But now that I've run around on one for quite a while and delved into their lore, I have changed my mind.
    Continent: There are certain areas in Pandaria that just blew me away visually...I stand still or run around an area just to take in the beauty of it all. Zones all have something unique about them that set them apart and the flow of the quest chains has you visiting every single area so you dont miss out on any of the hard work they put into the design. Lore: I think the lore in this expansion is everything I had hoped for, not just for the Pandaren, but for the Alliance and Horde in general. I would like to go into further details but Id rather not spoil anything for anybody who hasn't gotten through most of the first batch of content. Ive been waiting for is some kind of recognition from Blizzard that there are players out there who want to see some character development for our lore characters! Graphics: The graphics have been updated significantly: better texture resolutions, smoother animations, some recycled but many of them new and fresh. They contrast heavily with the older textures and previous armor-styles but Blizzard has made it clear that they will be working on and releasing revamped character models in the future. As long as that promise is upheld, I can be patient and wait for that to roll around.
    CRZ: I heavily dislike them, I wish they were never implemented. I feel as though this is the source of all my lag and would prefer it if they would remove the feature entirely. Talent System: I miss the old talent system. I think this new change is interesting, at best, but I saw nothing wrong with the old talent trees and wish they had never touched them. I like the minor glyphs and even some options that change spells to better fit a play style. Major glyphs help to counter a little of my dislike towards the talent changes.
    Scenarios/Challenges: Have not gotten that far, yet, but after doing Theramore I think they show potential.
    Overall, this expansion gets a 9/10.
  32. Sep 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well i see lots of discontent here. Before you are so harsh to judge the game, picture this. Here you are raiding Dragon Soul on heroic difficulty over and over again. You have nothing else to do right? Okay. Lets go farm stuff, make money, get mounts and complete a mother-load of achievements. Suddenly... oh wow what is this!? A new expansion!? Finally! So you go and read up on it little by little as it reaches launch time. Good, now you are in game. Pandas, pandas everywhere, awesome detail new quest-lines, awesome new factions/races, new items, new mounts, new tittles, new achievements, scenarios, challenge modes and a plethora of new content. So here i ask you. Are you judging the new expansion because you never really progressed into raiding and completion during your previous plays? Are you not content with the fact that the game still has low rez graphics to compensate for it's size? (WoW has over 6 million players, with server capacities on the edge of 1000 or more). Are you just a fan boy of previous releases? Or, you just cant accept how awesome this expansion really is because you never cared to research/progress further into the game? Whatever your reason may be, this game deserves much credit. People that complain about the Panda race/faction clearly never understood or read the lore. Pandas were a part of wow long since its begging, just mentioned in short sections. And of course i cant stress this enough again and again, there is the Graphics Enthusiast. I personally demand high graphics from my games, in fact i sometimes judge the games on it's graphics (bad habit), but when it comes to WoW you have to understand that it was never about the graphics, it was about the game play. And last but not least, i am baffled by people who judge this game based on how hard or easier it gets. Raid finder= Great for experiences players who are eager to learn the ropes of raiding.
    Scenarios= Awesome idea towards achievements and "something to do"
    Challenge mode= Perfect way to test your strength and skills as a hardcore gamer, with a rewarding ending only for those who can prove themselves.
    Of course the dungeons and new raids are amazing, explosive content everywhere. So much more lore, so much more unique environments, great unique bosses and worth-wile rewards.
    Now here's another thing. Wonder why WoW MoP is still (TBD) here? Its because a Metacritic less than 90 you hurt its sales. Blizzard knows best, and quite frankly they will destroy those numbers. People have to realize that criticism here is hurting the gaming industry in terms of artistic meaning and individuality. If a game scores low it has a lesser chance to be sequel-ed. And that is completely ignorant.
  33. Sep 28, 2012
    A lot of people at my school have been making fun of me for playing WoW! Nobody ever said anything before stupid pandaland came out. People were calling me things like "little panda ferry" and saing I was a girl just for playing WoW! WoW used to be a pretty cool game until they added a bunch of baby stuff like pokemon and stupid looking pandas. Even my dad laughed at me when he saw the MoP box in my room! I hate you blizzard you ruined my life! Expand
  34. Sep 28, 2012
    It's sad to see how far World of Warcraft has fallen. WoW used to be an amazing game. Even up until the beginning of Cataclysm it was still the best MMO and the obvious choice for serious gamers. Now it's just not the same game we fell in love with over 7 years ago. "Jumped the shark" can't begin to describe what Actiblizzard has done to the masterpiece that was World of Warcraft.

The
    talent system is a joke now. You can close your eyes, pick random talents, and end up with a viable character. Customizing your character and creating that perfect build is one of the most basic and fundamental aspects of playing any RPG. Even if that spec came off of a website, it still took some work to figure it out and tweak it to your needs. They've essentially removed talents altogether and made the specs all cookie cutter.

No new content. Sure there's new dungeons, raids, zones, etc., but it feels like Blizzard is just going through the motions and this point and milking the game for everything they can. It's all the same rehashed content with no real substance or innovation.

The game is old. Mists of Pandaria would have looked impressive back in 2004, but for a 2012 release the graphics are pathetic.

Pandas...Yeah yeah they predate Kung Fu Panda, Blizzard can retcon whatever they want, and there's already other animal people in the game. But still, it's Kung Fu Panda. The game doesn't have the same "serious" feel to it like in past expansions, and that's important when you're investing 20+ hours every week playing it competitively. Although extremely nerdy, there was something cool about spending 40 hours a week with your guild trying to kill the Lich King. Now that feeling is gone. It's more difficult to justify the same hardcore playstyle when you're dealing with Pandas.

The story, the poor poor story. Not much to say besides the writers have clearly lost their touch when it comes to creating interesting and at times logical lore. To be fair it's been in steady decline for a while now, but Pandaria is a new low.
  35. Sep 28, 2012
    After the release of Mists of Pandaria World of Warcraft players are facing a lot of ridicule. There have been reports of kids of all ages getting picked on at schools, and WoW players are now the butt of all jokes at the workplace. It's very sad because WoW really didn't mean anything to non-players before MoP, but now after all of the TV advertisements and panda-sporting card board stands in the front of stores like Wal-Mart and Target, people have learned to despise everything WoW related. It's like WoW players are the new juggalos. As far as the expansion itself goes, it's just more of the same except everything has been simplified to an extreme level, which just makes playing that much more boring. The Pandas look terrible, and when I see them I understand why people would want to make fun of this game now. Expand
  36. Sep 28, 2012
    With Mists of Pandaria, World of Warcraft really starts to show its age. Instead of revitalizing or revamping the existing content and core of the game, the developers have gone a different route: they're going all-in on childlike simplicity. They're adding Kung fu pandas, tacked on 5 levels to a game where no one seems to care much about the leveling process anymore, added another 100+ levels of gear grind, chucked in additional sparkle ponies, made the old (but lore-rich content) even more irrelevant, added new lore where absolutely nothing epic happens (unlike every other expansion), simplified all the talents, and thrown in Pokemon for good measure.

All the gimmicks seem like a play for younger gamers (who don't play MMOs, generally) and/or Asia (but the Asian themes are silly caricatures). In any case, I'd have preferred fundamental improvements to the combat system, leveling process, and story, modern character customization options, and a move away from nothing but max level loot grinding. That didn't happen here.

Ultimately, the highly addicted WoW player base will quickly level to 90 in a few days and then begin their new, long slog to nab up as much loot as those contestants on the old game show, Supermarket Sweep. The world will be desolate again quickly, filled with old, obsolete content. PvP won't be any better than it is now, which is to say the worst in the industry (WoW with its stark gear imbalance and grindiness actually may have the most imbalanced PvP of any major video game, in any genre).

The developers didn't fix any of the old, increasingly obsolete features of the game. And it saddens me to see what used to be valuable content thrown by the wayside in the entire focus on max-level gear grinding. The result has been a virtual world that's not very alive outside of instances, and everyone will eventually tire of the treadmill. The gimmicks and 5 levels feel like a poor substitute for the overhaul the game needs to keep pace with newer competitors.
  37. Sep 28, 2012
    From CRZ to Fixed Mana, to the "Talent" system. Game is a joke. And let's not talk about panda's. If you have a brain in your head stay far away from this horrible game.
  38. Sep 28, 2012
    Who would have thought the king of mmos would be taken down by pandas?? Blizzard has sent a clear message to their players: this is no longer a game for us, it's for the kids now. After spending some "quality" time with mists, I can tell you without a doubt that it 100% deserves all of the low scores it's been receiving here. Well $40 bucks down the drain but no worries - I'm off to play that *ahem* other much better game. Bye wow it was fun while it lasted =) Expand
  39. Sep 28, 2012
    I think its a GREAT value for the money. You play it for a few months, get your monies worth and then quit when something else shiny/new comes out. Its the cost of about 2 movies. I quit a couple years ago, came back to Mists and personally, I'm having a GREAT time. I would happily spend the money again. Some of these reviews are laughable. What do people expect? Some kind of life altering experience? Please. Expand
  40. Sep 28, 2012
    Looks like Blizzard is in full damage control mode right now sending their employees out to give 9 and 10 score ratings. There's also some fanbois making multiple accounts trying to up the score. Pretty sad they have to do this just to justify playing this turd. They have made forum posts telling people to come here and make multiple accounts just give the game 10, so most of the good reviews here and just the same group of people doing it over and over again. Pathetic. Sorry Blizz and Blizz fanbois, too many people are upset about wasting their money on this lackluster expansion. You can't hide the truth! Expand
  41. Sep 28, 2012
    Fantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored or unhappy with this expansion. They have put in so much to for me to do that I'll be kept busy for the next year. Two thumbs up. Expand
  42. Sep 28, 2012
    Anyone giving this a 9 or 10 is out of their mind. Biggest gaming disappointment in recent history. I'm gonna give this what it deserves.....a big fat 0!
  43. Sep 28, 2012
    This game is totally for little kids now. Complete with immersion-breaking pop cultures memes EVERYWHERE. If you're looking for deep gameplay, or an immersive world, you certainly won't find it in pandaria. The questing is some of the easiest and most boring content WoW has seen to date. Oh and update the graphics already, they were sub-par in 2004 and now they are just plain hideous
  44. Sep 28, 2012
    I was playing Mists of Pandaria on my Pandaren Monk when my wife peeked into my office, looked at the screen, chuckled and muttered "you're not a man" and walked away. I am not very impressed with Mists of Pandaria thus far.
  45. Sep 28, 2012
    Mists is awful, disgusting visuals, bland new areas to "explore" and dumbed-down new dungeons with childish stories that take you through the "content". Peoples hatred for Blizzard is understandable, and the fact that the fanboys rate this game a '10' just shows immaturity, even when they are crying themselves to sleep because they want a more simple game? I think Blizz did a horrible job, the old talent trees were ok because everyone at least had some sort of choice, now it actually requires no thought at all. Anyone who is praising on the game is just bitter because their childhood has passed them by and they want to relive it. Expand
  46. Sep 28, 2012
    This expansion shows how far the World of Warcraft has fallen. From childlike comic book characters, to pokemon pet battles for children, its apparent that this game has become a marketing tool to draw in children and console kiddies. Gone is the sense of accomplishment from wandering in dangerous lands where elite npc's await you, gone is the fun of discovering new flight paths. It's all given to you on a delicate simplistic silver platter. The talent system is dumbed down to almost meaningless, and the whole game seems to be a fischer price product geared toward ages 6-10. So sad, so very sad... Expand
  47. Sep 28, 2012
    This game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is well made and immersive.

There are so many bad reviews from butthurt old-timers who expected 'passive mitigation' and people who just down-vote the game for no reason other than D3 being a flop. I have -actually- played this game since Vanilla, and this is honestly the most fun I have had since LK. Do yourself a favour and give this expansion a go, you won't regret it.
  48. Sep 28, 2012
    I tried to like it, but in my heart I knew wow had jumped the shark when I saw the pandas doing karate. Beware. Avoid at all costs. You will regret it if you fall for this like I did.
  49. Sep 28, 2012
    Have the people leaving 9s and 10s even played this? "Beautiful scenery" and "immersive questing" or how about "fascinating storyline" WTH??? Seriously? Are we talking about the same game here?? The positive reviews have got to be from bitter fanboys or blizzard corporate shills. Seriously this game is trash through and through.
  50. Sep 28, 2012
    masterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore the whole continent but then i will have a farm to take care and my ever growing pokemon collection

and the rest pve and pvp great as always but i dont really care much about this because any mmo can put some kind of dungeon/raid/battleground, blizzard just makes them beautiful and detailed
  51. Sep 29, 2012
    The now mega international corporate that made 3 billion in profit over the first 7 years now develops its game like its a small production house making F2P rpg's. Like all other big game companies, the emphasis has been firmly placed on do things as cheaply as possible for maximized profits and propagandizing the faithful into thinking they're playing a game with depth and substance. Makes its customers pay full price for a title that's a blatant marketing ploy geared towards a specific demographic. Despite the repeated blows to meaningful character development and the dev staffs love affair with homogenization they still can't balance classes in a way that makes pvp less of a bad joke or lets raiders "bring the player not the class". More new forgettable zones, more ez mode and turn your brain off questing, more uninspiring and boring dungeons, more gimmick 101 raiding. Immersive and challenging content has been replaced by frilly things like achievements, pokemon and farmville. For the third straight expansion, they are relying on addictive ploys like that, to go a long with the all time giant, the gear carrot, to keep people playing instead of making it interesting enough to warrant what amounts to be a pretty large investment over years of play. Expand
  52. Sep 29, 2012
    There are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent are everything that the game needed to feel refreshing, while also boosting it's normal "World of Warcraft" style that people either love or hate. While most reviews herein contain reasons such as "network" or "Pandas" followed by obscene ignorance, MoP is everything that any past expansion has given and perhaps more. Gamers today as a whole have lost the ability of distinction, and it is human nature to hate on something that is popular if you are not a part of that group. This is exasperatingly evident with MoP, which brings forth new content, brilliant visuals (ala WoW style), hilarious and entertaining quests and an promise of so much more. The new systems alone provide for bonus addons that give players new things to do while preparing for raids and to do battle; the cross realm system, while very irritating to non-PvP realm characters, is a great idea that was poorly implemented. Getting gold ratings on challenge modes are incredibly hard even for hardcore raiders, and scenarios bring an additional outlet for people to spend time earning justice and new items without needed a tank or healer. In addition, the reformat of normal dungeons to the era of Wrath, while maintaining the difficulty of challenge modes, is a tremendous improvement over the last expansion where dungeons weren't all that popular until the second patch.

Blizzard has promise bi or tri monthly patches containing alternating portions of contents such as raids, dungeons, dailies and story that will further advance the storyline of Mists of Pandaria. As such, huge battles are expected, and there is already more blood in the water than in any expansion thus far. PvP is rampant on PvP realms, and so are a huge amount of issues that should have been handled during beta (such as crz and it's general useless nature other than providing extra players to steal your kills or quest mobs).

Pet battles are strangely addicting, and farming is less than optimal in being entertaining. Still, the game boosts tremendous improvements over the past, learning from mistakes and rewarding multiple different types of crowds. As most raids haven't been released (scheduled for a week or two), the only experiences I could speak of such is from the Beta, of which I found to be very enjoyable and just challenging enough.

Questing is entertaining from the start, minus the somewhat poor cut-scenes made to introduce them. Multiple different objectives, story-lines and "just for fun" tasks bring forth refreshing leveling when focused on at a moderate pace. Pandas, while controversial, bring about a certain feeling of "zen" in their own land, but ultimately cause one to quirk their eyebrows when seeing them in regular towns. Luckily, if Worgen are any indication, they will be a rare race of bestials despite having an "awesome" flare to a certain crowd. To put it bluntly, if one is on the fence about this expansion and you've enjoyed WoW in the past, it is definitely worth the purchase price and a few months of entertainment. Many are getting tired of the whole raiding scene and just getting new gear just to get new gear. Though the amount of content and things to so and do within WoW will give months to do while waiting on other games or just needing to fill time in general out of boredom.
  53. Sep 29, 2012
    Worst score for the worst expansion of a great old game. Pandas killed wow. If Blizzard wants more oriental players on this game than they will lost many more european and american one. Good luck for this crazy choice. Bye bye wow!
  54. Sep 29, 2012
    Mostly Quest based expansion. Warning to those that don't enjoy questing do not buy this!! In order to do this new content you are forced to quest no matter if you enjoy them or not. Even if you just want to pvp you will not escape having to quest. Also if you don't have 40+ hours a week to dedicate to wow then you will remain casual and never see the high end raids. Not to mention the endless rep grinding to get any kind of raid gear wich also requires mass questing. If you enjoy Pokemon or farmville or mass questing then this xpack is for you. Otherwise stay clear of mists Expand
  55. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, what can I say besides, really Blizz? How do you give into greed after creating what was once regarded as the greatest MMO. After the dreadful Cataclysm expansion, did you really think appealing to 12 year olds was going to make salvage your rep? Terrible expansion, really pissed off I wasted $40 bucks on this crap.
  56. Sep 29, 2012
    This expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer various options to keep both happy. You can still do progression raiding and challenge modes as a hardcore or you have the LFR and scenarios if you simply do not have hours on end to apply to your time logged in. Warcraft will always be a polarizing game simply because each individual player believes that their ideas and preferences simply must be the best and most outstanding take on the situation. Blizzard does a fantastic job as an MMO giant providing content that keeps you playing and pleases as large a crowd as possible. If you don't like the game anymore, stop playing. If you like the predictable but steady expansions they provide with a few dashes of new game play styles, then enjoy. You are the consumer. Don't keep paying for something you don't enjoy. I, however, find that Blizzard does the best they can with each release and appreciate the fleshed out world they provide for me to dive in to after a hard day of work. Expand
  57. Sep 29, 2012
    Best expansion I've played since Burning Crusade. Excellent storyline and a depth and variety of activities to perform that all other MMOs seem to still lack.
  58. Sep 30, 2012
    I can honestly tell most people giving reviews on here have either not played the game for longer than 10 mins or just plain hate the game and like lying through whatever teeth they have left.

Mists of Pandaria has been one of the greatest expansions blizzard has made since BC if not better than it and it just is getting started. Don't knock it till you tried it. I became level 90 2
    days ago and i have so many things to do. But before that the leveling and questing actually felt fun. The zones are amazing and the dungeons are beautiful. The monk is also a fantastic addition to the game along with the pandas. Alot of people are just mad about pandas...if that's the case don't play as a panda. Nothing is stopping you. This expansion as said is a step in the right direction. I am glad i got back into WoW. Thank you blizzard for making such an amazing expansion. :) Expand
  59. Sep 30, 2012
    With every update and expansion of the series known as World of Warcraft, I have came to expect bugs and issues within the first days of its debut. Its been rumored that Blizzard will stop doing expansions, and do a proper World of Warcraft II, though this has been a rumor for years, Blizzard has not commented on this. First thing to know, when you play this, its not a walk in the park for beginning Pandarean (race of Pandas in the World of Warcraft) as it was for the Worgen nor the Goblins in Cataclysm expansion. Blizzard has heard the complaints from hardcore players, and have made it enjoyable to start out to play. I can't give it a high review, as this is one of the last bastion of pay for play (subscription based) and has been known for its release bugs even for a 6 month Beta test that many seem to be readily observed months before the final product is made available. But, for its faults, and for the hardcore players, this is an expansion to purchase, and play as a Panda Monk (or even a Rogue!!) Expand
  60. Sep 30, 2012
    Ignore the GW2 haters who put up tons of horrible reviews. Mists of Panaria is WoW's best expansion yet. Launch day was amazingly smooth. Just hit level 90 and I'm blown away by the art & quest design for this expansion.
  61. Sep 30, 2012
    If you are an old WoW player from the Vanilla or BC days and are thinking of getting MoP, please do not. You will forever taint your good memories of WoW. It's sickening what this game has become. Do yourself a favor and pretend that the game you used to play was shut down completely, just like Tabula Rasa or AC2. If you have a small child who is interested in playing WoW, you should probably tell them that they are too old for this game and they should play something more mature like Free Realms or Wizardry 101. Expand
  62. Oct 1, 2012
    Cross Realm Zones makes up 95% of this low score. The fact that Blizzard is effectively ignoring the immersion and playability bugs as well as the 20,000+ posts detailing the issues represents the other 5%.
    Once CRZ goes live in Pandaria, a "dailies gated rep grind", expect more low scores as players jump realms & fight over the few resources available... The MOP music was very well done
    anyway... Expand
  63. Oct 1, 2012
    This games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoring this low. Give it a try. You will enjoy it. Expand
  64. Oct 1, 2012
    Complete rip off of Age of Bronan's Gates of Khitai expansion, but with pandas and Pokemon battles.

This game was much better back when people who aren't as good as me couldn't access the majority of the endgame content. Playing a mage in Sunwell was truly the height of my World of Warcraft experience. Metzen needs to put down the writing quill and dedicate all of his time doing what he
    does best: grooming his immaculate goatee.

10 for pandas.
  65. Oct 1, 2012
    Everything about this expansion is sub-par. Can't believe they put this much effort into making WoW worse. It's obvious their target demographic is now children and those who aren't used to playing games of any kind. Thankfully there are much better mmos out there for the adult gamer. The Pandas look EXTREMELY stupid and out of place.
  66. Oct 1, 2012
    A lot of people are comparing the new pet battles to Pokemon.......well that is insulting to Pokemon! The pet battle system is like an ultra dumbed down version of Pokemon. Of course rest of the xpac is pretty lame, but that's obvious.
  67. Nov 3, 2012
    "To ask why we fight, is to ask why the leaves fall
  68. Oct 2, 2012
    TheThird
    Sep 25, 2012
  69. Oct 2, 2012
    Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. The accompanying music has an appropriate oriental feel mixed with the oldschool tunes of Warcraft 3, which they seem to be trying to bring back in to the game. I thought the pet battles would be a somewhat amusing side feature, and was surprised to learn how in-depth they went in to creating that system and its content. If you liked Pokémon, you'll probably get some fun out of the pet battle system. Don't look for the same amount of depth, however. The pandas have an interesting and sometimes amusing story. If you're looking for a dead serious, no-funny-business, don't play the Pandarian race. There's still plenty to keep you entertained that's not your cup of tea, however. This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Expand
  70. Oct 2, 2012
    Bad terrible awful lame sucks bad horrible lame awful this sucks sucks susck soooo baaaaaaaaaad! I hate you blizzard! boooooo hisss booooo WOrst expansion ever!
  71. Oct 2, 2012
    Although it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented to make it even better. Expand
  72. Oct 3, 2012
    There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

Mists is definitely the smartest expansion from Blizzard. Some of the more pointless things in the game, such as hunters using mana, casting time on slam, healers using talent points for dispells, Soul Shards in bags, reagents for spells and grinding keys to enter dungeons are gone. The reason? Simply because
    they went against the shaping of the game. Warriors should never be casting. You shouldn't need to grind an item just to get into a dungeon. Etc.

The talent point system was in dire need of being revamped. PvP-wise, several classes were forced into one spec for viability, but now all specs share common qualities, giving a more diverse environment. There was never any freedom with the old system. During WotLK, it was still a basic cookie cutter and it was just as worse in Cata. When you see a lock, warrior, shaman...you could be facing any spec. There are numerous combinations. Blizzard has gone back to it's TBC/WotLK days, where you level on a separate continent with distinct zones so you can finish a zone, obtain one level, and then move on to the next zone, which definitely makes you feel more involved with the expansion rather than questing, leveling, taking a portal to a new place, and repeating the process all over again.

Speaking of leveling, the grind for 85 to 90 is horrendous. Casually playing, it took something like 5-8 hours per level. The diverse zones make it slightly bearable, but everyone in my guild and on my server complained about the length. However, most people can relate to the grind from the original 1 to 60 before we had Looking For Dungeons. People asked for a harder game, and the grind was perfect in terms of The new raids are definitely going to leave some people puzzled. The architecture for Vaults is painstakingly similar to Ulduar. There is a similar trash grind that resets if you fail to kill a boss, and the bosses offer a much stronger complexity (which you will have to judge for yourself). Whereas last expansion, almost all guilds burned through the entire normal tier without any effort, only 3 guilds on my server have down the first 3 bosses, and there is only 1 guild in the world who has finished all 6...and this is just normal mode.

The game is different and time will tell how this expansion goes. There's definitely a number of things to do and it offers a strong hand to casuals and hardcore alike. I give it a 9 because I do not think Blizzard will ever outdo themselves and return to their 12 million subs. The content is fun and enjoyable, the mechanics are new, and it definitely seemed like a more "close-to-home" expansion that it's predecessor. World of Warcraft is far from "dying" and it's the top MMO for another year.

Typical reviews on here are just plain wrong and lack any intellectual thought. I'm writing this one one day after content was released, so if you're ready any of the reviews before October 2nd, you are reading reviews of people who have yet to touch the new raids, compete in arenas, try out new BG's, and so forth. Basically, you're reading the reviews of people who haven't even played this game yet. That is no way to judge a game.
  73. Oct 4, 2012
    I love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always had a childish theme to it. The content is SO much better than Cata, leveling has not been a complete drag to me yet which is a complete breathe of fresh air. And to those that say its dumbed down, 10 bucks says 3/4 of you went onto elitest jerks and tried to find the best build for your class and spec cause i know i sure did. So don't preach about how it impacted your play style and blah blah blah cause in reality it did not really effect you at all. All i hear is ohhhh i want it back to the way it was and end game to be ridiculously hard core. Well you all need to realize Blizzard is a BUSINESS and needs to do what they feel is best for their product......... Don't like it? Then end your subscription and go play something else, but im sure most of the negative reviewers here are already level 90. I love MoP and will be a long time WoW fan. Expand
  74. Oct 4, 2012
    The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1 point. To those that feel the game is the 'same ol' same ol' - I agree it is still wow. They didn't change how the game is played. But, in my opinion, I didn't want a 'new' game, in the same way that I don't want them to change how baseball is played from season to season. It has expanded the current game, hence the term 'expansion'. They don't change the rules of baseball just because there is a new season do they? Expand
  75. Oct 4, 2012
    The new talent system is terrible. Sure, the majority of people used cookie cutter builds with the old system, but at least you had a choice. Now you are FORCED into a cookie cutter build. The monk class is boring. The new quests are dumbed down to the max (just like everything else). Graphics are terrible. Story is laughably childish. The pandas look ridiculous, and again extremely childish. A very sub-par expansion, and not the quality you would expect from the Blizzard of old. Expand
  76. Oct 4, 2012
    Evrything about this expansion screams low quality. Super dumbed down, and obviously for the under 12 crowd. Very dissapointed in Blizzard. TERRIBLE graphics and sound!
  77. Oct 5, 2012
    Great Story/Content. Beautiful new landscapes. Great new musical score to go along with the new lands. Scenarios are a nice break from the dungeon grind and allow you to queue for what are basically the group quests now. Overall it is one of the best expansions since BC.
  78. Oct 13, 2012
    ......why do i have to buy this game because there no way they can do like wow 2 with HD and new look still same look toon over again again i wish they needed to do just like guild wars 2 not just patch evey time they do that i am not buy this add on game they more like DLC cost alot and game just lvl 85 to 90 it to much and go miss alll the other game too all they need to do is just remaster and renew story and remobel and better song and this time they really need add like HD video see more like forever Nintendo 64 game armor not seen good dude that waste of life time >.< come on guy look what guild wars did change to part 2 and remodel better wow did not seen bad idea to buy this game Expand
  79. HoP
    Oct 13, 2012
    LOL at all the people trying to lower MoP scores so people will join their failing mmo games ... To anyone that wants the truth, MoP is the best Xpac since TBC and in many cases better. To say there is nothing new in the game, is a blatant lie and points to people that have never stepped into Blizzards new exanpsion. The xpac is now a little over 2 weeks old and I already have 7days worth of played time at 90.

To those saying the game is simplistic? Please, there is more depth involved then your tiny brains can process.

A lot of these "0" reviews come from gw2, swotr, etc fanboy's who are upset the MoP has stolen their user base once again.

Hats off to Blizzard to creating what COULD VERY WELL POSSIBLY end up being the BEST xpac, time will tell, but if Blizzard keeps with the quailty they have started with, this very likely will become true.

So, if you are reading these reviews, don't be fooled by those trying to downrate MoP because of their personal grudge and inadept ability to enjoy a great game when it slaps them in the face.

Pick up MoP and start enjoying Pandaria. The story, gameplay, graphics, voice overs are all topnotch from a company that cares about their game and it shows through with flying colors.

Those worried that game has been casualized becauase of simple talent system, don't fool yourselfs, the talent system simply took what everyone does and applied it to your character and finally given you choices that matter and can truly effect your play experience.

The game has struck a balance for the hardcore and casuals that was never achived before. There are things that are goofy, easy and fun to keep players entertained, but the difficulty of higher rewards is turned up for those a bit more serious about the game. Wow no longer feels like it was designed for players who just wanted free hand outs and this a great step in the right direction.

Dungeons are truly well designed a mix between some challenge till mastered and fun for the causal player.

Challenge modes will challenge even the best of players while provide rewards out of reach for others.

But the pinnicale is raiding, Blizzard has heard and for the first time SINCE TBC the raiding is spot on, even the entry level raid currently available is beautiful the boss encounters diverse and difficult. None of the encounters are push overs the average player will find raiding absolutley amazing, while the hardcore will like always continue to clear ahead of others but will still enjoy the absolutely fantastic raid boss designs, where every member in the raid must play to their best of their abilities with an absolultey fantastic feeling of team work, an the casuals they will have their LFR to let them see the content at a simpler level.

MoP trulys 10/10 to all the haters, go back to your other mmo's and languish on your empty servers, the rest of us are in Pandaria enjoying what is truly the masterpiece of MMO's.

Cheers Blizzard you nailed this one!
  80. Oct 14, 2012
    Waste of money, i did not like anything about this "pvp expansion" The leveling was fun i guess but its all the same old same old with dumbed down game mechanics this does not truly feel like a MMO anymore.
  81. Oct 15, 2012
    My 3 rl friends and my entire guild quit because of this expansion. Blizzard really screwed up this time. Panda world sucks even worse than cataclysm. I never had a problem with pandas before but they look soooo stupid in this game.
  82. Nov 3, 2012
    I'd been playing WoW for four years before Mists of Pandaria was released and to be honest I was getting pretty bored of the same old thing with some huge dragon to kill at the end of it all. When I read about MoP I was really excited; I love oriental culture and aesthetics and was looking forward to a WoW expansion being about having fun instead of being all dark and broody (again).

Having been through a couple of launch nights I settled down fully expecting what happened next. Too many people were logged on and everything got so slow - there was evidently a queueing system for the new quests which meant that you clicked on whatever and then nothing happened - for ages. If you were patient (something most wow players can't get the hang of) the quests would complete and you could move into Pandaria and start enjoying the continent. Luckily for those of us capable of relaxing for a while plenty of people rage quit so the queues got shorter quite quickly and the quests became less slow and buggy. Many people have flamed the launch night but I was logged in and able to play all night unlike any other expansion launch night. The quest queues made people think the whole thing was bugged when actually it was preventing us from crashing the servers and getting booted out. On the whole I was massively impressed.

I really enjoy playing WoW again since MoP launched; the scenery is glorious (I love the less than perfect, iconic graphics styling), the quests have that element of fun that has been missing for so long and the game actually feels like something I can do to enjoy myself, which is the point after all. I particularly like the fact that the focus has put on people actually completing content and not being handed everything on a silver platter. You want to spend your hard earned Valor points? Well then you've got to grind rep. You want to get the best craftables? Then you have to farm the materials. There are loads of dailies you can do and they have removed the hideous rep tabards meaning you actually have to play the game instead of just doing dungeons and raids! Any one who says that MoP requires little time or effort clearly hasn't played the game yet. There is now so much you can choose to do from grinding dailies for rep and gold to scenarios or instances, raiding to discovering all of the hidden items in Pandaria that boredom really shouldn't be a problem.

If you used to play WoW now is a great time to come back and if you have never played before take a few minutes to learn about the type of realm you want to play on and then come join in with the fun!
  83. Nov 3, 2012
    New expansion - it's a joke! You grind more than ever - reputation, justice/valor points etc... You still have the same stupid quest types - kill xxx mobs, gather xxx plants, save and escort xxx npc's... New class - "yeah! let's make it overpowered and nerf all the other classes, so every raid must have a monk!" The glitches from previous expansions still aren't fixed - when gathering quest items, You still have a chance that mobs won't drop it for 1h, eventually dropping more than needed in quest. Personal loot tables? Yeah, right... LFR = no loot at all, 10/25man - there still is a chance that boss will drop something for a class/spec that isn't even in the raid group! Too bad Blizzard again serves us reheated meat instead of cooking something new, especially when Guild Wars 2 showed how new MMORPG should look like. It seems like Blizz just want to make MMORPG for casuals - easier talent trees, "legendary weapon for all" and expanding LFR (item upgrades coming in 5.1) so that players won't cry when their items will have Raid Finder addition in tooltip and giving purple items for everyone - now raid level items from quests! Guild Wars 2 - new, fresh look at MMORPG and questing/grinding playstyle, WoW: MoP - the same things that was in earlier expansions, but made easier for casual players, and not so rewarding and demanding like, in example, ICC/Ulduar - for semi- and full hardcore players. Expand
  84. Nov 4, 2012
    Ignore the "reviews" that are really about one individuals soap box critique of WoW in general or are anger fueled diatribes against various personal pet peeves. If you enjoy WoW because it is a fun, light, game that gives you a ton of amusing and enjoyable content to play through and experience, you will like MoP. I was initially very skeptical of the concept, and hated the ida of Kung Fu Panda meets Azeroth, but Blizard pulled it off. The lore is execellent and the continent is extremely well realized. From a technical standpoint I personally hit no glitches during the solo run to 90 and basic dungeon crawling. I have not had an opportunity to raid yet, but all of the features seem well implemented to me. Where I felt that Cataclysm started off with a great concept and fell very flat in delivery, MoP starts off with a questionable concept and pleasantly surprises you. Risky for Blizard but I think this approach will pay dividends in the end.

One change probably causing the ridiculous flood of exaggerated negative "reviews" is the new talent system. Personally I think the new talent system is a positive since I don't need an MMO to be a full time job and don't have my ego wrapped up in what an "elite gamer" I am (that in itself is a funny concept! using video game expertise to validate your ego is just intensely ironic). It is a flattened and simplified system compared to the legacy approach and much of the fat has been trimmed. Stat jockey's and min/maxers alost certainly have their panties in a knot over this (again, note the butt hurt reviews), but if you can be obective, there is a lot to like in this new system. Especially when you consider that the complexity of the old system really just resulted in a handful of people spending 10,000 hours testing with spreadsheets and the rest of the world simply yelling "WHATS THE BEST BUILD FOR XYZ????" until they find the "cool build" to copy. No loss if you ask me.

In conclusion if you still enjoy WoW for the exploration, the humor, the lovely art direction and the innovative approach to progression (both group and solo), you will almost certainly find a lot to like here (not to mention a whole new class to try). If you already spend most of your time posting anti-WoW rants, then you already know you hate the game before it is ever released so please stop reviewing it and seek professional help.
  85. Nov 19, 2012
    More time consuming than ever, unrelatable and weak storyline, and just aggravating... I loved the game before even Cata was ok but MOP is just a grind fest. Unsubscribed and won't be coming back
  86. Nov 26, 2012
    Been a loyal Warcraft member since day 1. This xpac made me cancel my subscription for the first time. The game has been turned into nothing more then daily quests which are WAY too repetitive. The whole pet battles thing also seems very immature. The game always seemed to be more of a live action puzzle the way every class had unique abilities and encounters were designed. Now every class has every ability with a slight variation to make it feel "unique." The pandas make an already borderline cartoonish game way too cartoony. I'm 29 so maybe I'm just getting too old. I don't know. Expand
  87. Dec 15, 2012
    With each expansion this game is getting worse. I think that WoW should be finished on Lich King. Mists of Pandaria show a much lower level of quality. In such a way, Blizzard even ignored the plot and story of the game. They started doing some nonsense content, indirectly related to the history of the game, like pandas.
  88. Dec 20, 2012
    Came back to play after being away since TBC. Early WoTL content was fun i suppose but Cataclysm felt like a dumbing down and now even more so with MOP I tried MOP till level 87 and grew incredibly bored. The focus on gear and removal of many game mechanics makes the game so dry. For some reason I was uninterested in exploring any of the zones, possibly because of the lack of a interesting story (or any story rather). The whole thing feels pointless. In the early days I found it fun exploring the zones you knew existed from previous warcraft games and got to learn about the people and it all felt like it tied so well together. This expansion is just fodder. I wish I could get a refund. Expand
  89. Jan 1, 2013
    Someone has to make up for the haters who downrate the game just for being WoW. MoP overall is a great expansion that corrects the many mistakes made in Cataclysm and is delivering content at a much faster pace this time. Dailies can get annoying but overall they take almost no time at all and most complaints center around people who have no self control. There are faults still yes but you'll be hard pressed to find a better MMO out there unless you're someone that refuses to play the game just because it's WoW. Expand
  90. ZDZ
    Jan 1, 2013
    WoW is now only people for people who lack the intelligence to play a decent mmorpg, or who are just really bad at games in general. I would say Pandaria might be good for small children, but the community is terrible. I know it's "cool" to love Blizzard and support everything they do, but Pandaria is just awful through and through. People are only giving this 10s because it's WoW, and it's cool to like crappy old games (kind of like how it's "cool" to drink cheap beer). You would be hard pressed to find an mmo worse than WoW at this point, unless you're one of those people who refuses to play any other game besides WoW. On a positive note, this game can run on REALLY old computers due to the laughably bad graphics. Expand
  91. Jan 1, 2013
    Everything about this expansion is terrible. From the lame Pandas to the mind numbingly boring quests. This game is a joke. They dumbed down the game so much it's now aimed at little kids. There are so many better mmorpgs out there for adults nowadays. It feels embarrassing playing wow so most people are quitting.
  92. Jan 7, 2013
    The reason people are giving Pandaria zeros is because it's terrible. I wish I could give it a negative score because it really is that bad. WoW is ruined.
  93. Jan 22, 2013
    Great expansion so far, much more content in contrast to Cataclysm where we had nothing to do. Positive changes, better accessibility for casual players and diverse content. Lots of players are returning to the game. However one big issue is the escalation of bots, especially in battlegrounds, and Blizzard's inability to deal with the problem.
  94. Feb 7, 2013
    I've been a WoW subscriber since vanilla(first WoW release pre expansion pack for those unfamiliar) and kept holding on waiting for it to return.......it's not and I feel like a fool for dumping tons of cash into Blizzards pockets while waiting. MoP has been the slap in the face I needed to wake up and bail out. Honestly the Pandas weren't THAT bad(remember Hero Class? lol) but the dumbing down of the game just to draw in a new generation of subscribers had to be the worst move in this company's WoW history. Talents mean nothing now....dps classes are catered to on a ridiculous level(I play a tank and managed to hit 90 and probably got about 3-4 non related quest reward drops for my tank in dungeons vs. 700-800 dps drops) and don't even get me started on pvp......everyone has every ability now...WHAT? Blinks, Vanishes, CC's, Fears, Stuns.........I get angry just thinking about it. Now the only point in playing is to log in and do your 12 hours of daily rep grinding so you can get a profession pattern that is outgeared by a piece of raid finder gear you can get in a tiny fraction of the time. And for what...... to grind more daily quests. Ugh! I just can't even think of recommending this game to anyone anymore and it frustrates me to no end. You've gone from #1 Blizzard to.....#2.....literally. Expand
  95. Feb 27, 2013
    If you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has just as much meaning as anyone else's. Obviously you guys are judging this game on the new content (because it's awful). Max level heroics are a joke. The raids are boring, the pvp is pathetic, and the endgame is terrible. This is the worst mmo, with the worst endgame, and for a mmo endgame is where it counts for a small portion of players, many players feel that it's the journey not the destination that counts (the journey in WoW is equally as terrible as the endgame). The facts are this, if you liked raiding or pvp in ANY of the previous WoW expansions than this is a step backwards. The raids are laughably easy even on their heroic modes and would only be challenging to a small child (small children are obviously who this expansion was made more). Expand
  96. Mar 4, 2013
    I was originally very excited for the expansion having been a loyal player. I was sourly disappointed. The novelty of the new land quickly wears off and it all begins to look the same. I was bored by level 87 from all the green. They modified the game for simplicity but went too far with it. There is not much skill involved. The pandas only have one viable heal until level 40...well, level 80 in my opinion. They didn't fix the laginess. There is no proper raiding or PVP anymore. Any average joe can mash buttons to win. The dumbing down of the game has put me off. Many of my loyal friends are now leaving the game behind for something new (or left a while ago) and I'm a little sad and nostalgic leaving it behind. WoW is simply not the same game it was; their new playerbase of dumbed down, button mashing kids will take over the game for a while. Expand
  97. Mar 13, 2013
    I played WoW for about 7 years. Getting on board about a month after the launch of the Burning Crusade. The game was incredibly different then. The world was more alive, and there was a lot of user generated content. From PvP raids, world PvP, world PvE, community events etc... There were groups of strangers always finding something to do. It was more social, which is what kept me playing for so long. However about mid way through Wrath of the Lich King came the LFG (Looking For Group) tool. That allows players to queue, and will automatically assemble a group. Indeed, it takes out all the pain of trying to assemble a group yourself, but the tool caused less people to be in the world. The interaction among players dwindled. Being that the other players are on different realms the communication is minimal, with maybe a ""hi" and "thanks for the group." Towards the latter Cataclysm, they implemented LFR (Looking for Raid), similar to LFG, it exacerbated the same problems that came with LFG. Beyond these issues, Mists of Pandaria, is rather repetitive. Since player generated content has vanished, unless you're an role-player, the only things left to, and not necessarily in a negative sense just a precise sense, you'll do quests to level to cap, once there you'll really be left with only two options. You'll either run battlegrounds to achieve honor points which will be spent on items that will make you more powerful, or you'll end up battling the "random" number generator in dungeons to obtain the gear you need to raid were you'll repeat the cycle. You'll also end up doing weeks of daily quests just to spend the currency you're obtaining while running dungeons. It can be misleading. It'll appear that there is plenty to do at "endgame" but will boil down to raiding, or instanced PvP. With the LFR, and LFG the game feels very lobby based now. Lack of reason to go into the world, and little user generated content leaves everyone waiting around for the next patch. Expand
  98. Mar 28, 2013
    The newest expansion pack for world of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria allows the exploration of a new land Pandaria, which is inhabited by a new playable race, the Pandaren which can be used for the Horde or Alliance, also bringing in a new class the Monk which can be used by the original races as well as the new Pandaren. Setting aside the new storyline involved with this expansion pack and the level cap being risen to 90 the game is essentially the same old world of Warcraft that we know and love with the exceptions of being able work at your professions getting them to even higher levels with new materials to find and harvest and even more armour and weapons to make, new mounts dungeons raids and PVP battlegrounds which in my eyes just gives the game more opportunities to have hours of fun and gear your characters up in even more impressive armour. Anyone who loves world of Warcraft will love this new instalment and should buy it immediately. Expand
  99. Jul 1, 2013
    We must all admit that world of warcraft has soon existed for 10 years and by that we can also say that this game is a hard rock to beat off the shelves. I personally have good and bad experiences about this game. But one thing is for sure. I feel ashamed when i go to metacritic to see one of my most time consuming games have gotten, i mean, haven't we all played this game? When it comes to the community of those who've moved on or gotten old of the game, it's fine, it's understandable but i do not feel that we are doing a great job as what comes to helping the existing community. I first joined World of warcraft in 2007, so i wasn't there from the beginning, but was far from the end! World of Warcraft is something we all should admire, even if it is good/bad/dying right now. I feel ashamed and disappointed. Not because of Blizzard no. But because of the community that is now turning their bags away from the game and spitting it right in the face. You don't get your voice taken seriously if you are threatening with your fists at the same time. I am not trying to defend blizzard, but i am trying to defend something that we've all loved for a long, long time. I know this was not an actual game review, to make it quick, i still play the game myself. Not as much as i used to and not as enjoyable as it used to be BUT! I do still find new things that blizzard actually DID improve to the game. The questing has gotten way more fun, RBG's, Cross realm, Battletags, LFR, Guild levels, Challenges and more. Despite every single one of you who have grown old by age, some of you STARTED playing this game as a KID and now you are judging onwards those YOU once were. Don't point the fingers at the game. Point them at yourselves and say to yourself: "what did this game do to me?" now i know that there are plenty of terrifying stories about humans who have lost their lives out of addiction, but what the heck?? The game was apparently good enough to take all the life form out of most of us? If that isn't worth the time writing a review about a game that has been life changing for both the good and for the bad we should all remember one thing. Things will never be like the past, but give the new generation room to learn.

I am sorry if this "critic" was a bit too long or if my grammar, english aren't 100% correct. I am not from English nationality.

- a happy customer.
  100. Jul 28, 2013
    Resubscribed about a month ago after having played during Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I myself scoffed initially at the concept and made the same generic "Kung Fu Panda" jokes everyone else did. But that was until I looked further and actually started playing the game.

While the atmosphere of Mists of Pandaria is not nearly as epic as the air of uncertainty that came
    with advancing upon the Lich King- an impressive antagonist steeped in WoW's Lore- it is obvious that Blizzard was attempting to break the formula. The style of MoP is radically different than that of any expansion in regards to its artistic style. Whereas the landscapes added in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, though beautiful and far more detailed, did not strike me as being terribly different from content in the base game, Mists of Pandaria immediately stood out. You are told that you are being thrust into a strange new land, and damn it, Blizzard delivers it.

For the Lore-aholics that resent the direction WoW's story has taken, be at ease. The Pandaren (Though I take no issue with them) are not the central characters of Mists of Pandaria. The story revolves primarily around the Alliance and Horde- lead by King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Garrosh Hellscream- taking of advantage of Pandaria and its denizens in a final attempt to end one another. While the Pandaren play an important part, you will find that characters introduced in the past of World of Warcraft seize more prominent roles.

Like them or not, it is overkill to say that the Pandaren ruin the game. Especially considering that there are already bear-people like the Furbolg. The only reason it seems far-fetched is because of Kung Fu Panda.

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]