4.6

1. Oct 21, 2012
    I saw a blog post the other day from another MMO developer which talked about how you shouldn't make drastic changes to an MMO after launch, specifically on 'streamlining' the experience. In it, he talks about changes that individuals felt were necessary, but wound up contributing to his game's ultimate decline and demise. That dev was Dan Rubenfield, writing about the NGE patch for Star Wars: Galaxies. Now, 5.0 wasn't on the level of NGE, but over the years, things have begun to accumulate that make me question the necessity. The most obvious is the talent point system. Mechanically, it works and I understand why they did it. It is actually nice to be 'viable' regardless of the spec you choose. However, A) you are making choices for your character every 20 levels as opposed to every 2 levels, taking a lot out of the feeling of excitement for levelling up. B) oftentimes it is difficult to decide not because things are so good, but because nothing really appeals to you. C) the change did absolutely nothing to get rid of cookie cutter builds. D) things are seriously, seriously unbalanced - it's like they didn't listen to the beta testers. Another terrible decision was the inclusion of Cross Realm Zones (CRZ). Currently these only affect pre-MoP areas, but they have introduced a host of new bugs and issues, including lag spikes which crash your connection and auto-dismount when crossing zone borders. I play on a full server, and I was blown away when I learned I would have to share space with not only people from my server, but at least 5 other high population servers! Quest mobs are constantly camped, and on pvp servers there is constant ganking by high level players. Absolutely terrible decision. You now get Valor Points for dailies, which on the surface seems like a possibly good change, until you realize rewards for running heroic dungeons are cut in half, and you can only get full rewards once a day. This essentially means daily quests are mandatory, forever. I am not able to play 24/7, so the idea of doing 30+ daily quests every day really turns me off. Anyway, this review isn't so much about Pandaria as it is about the changes that came out in 5.0. I struggled with scoring it because content wise, MoP is ok if a bit lackluster. There wasn't anything that blew my mind in MoP like there was in previous expansions, and the "new features" (pet battles, scenarios) feel tacked on. You will run 4 dungeons while levelling 85-90, then find only 2 new, heroic-only dungeons at 90 (the rest are heroic versions of vanilla dungeons - ugh). I don't like to be a 'sky is falling' type person, but the only thing that can kill WoW is WoW itself, and dammit, they're trying. I don't believe I will be renewing my subscription. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    I played wow since TBC in chunks of a few months and stopped playing when Cata came out. Cata alienated the game world to me. Everything became streamlined and useless. The worgens on the alliance side were an insult. Then GW2 came out, i tried it and liked it until the first instance - it was a mess, so I dropped GW2 on the same day i went to the first instance. Then pandaria comes out, and i bought the expansion and 1-month subscription "just to check it out". Well, did 2 zones (Jade forest and Valley of 4 winds), created a female panda monk character and deleted it immediately because it looked like a fat ugly woman. I simply hate all this new asian content. It's completely out of place and worst of all, the whole expansion is about China. You can't skip it, you can't avoid doing the zones or quests related to China. It's just China everywhere, there is nothing else. Also, the game got even easier than it was before. So, why should i level up the character? What would i find at level 90? Same heroics, than raids, chaotic bgs and arenas where i will always lose because i don't have the gear. And all that now in the chinese setting... This game is gone, Wow died when Cata came out. The painful part for me as a gamer is that WoW will still earn money, but from the different audience now, from the same people who play farms and buy seeds and potions for real money on mobile platforms. This is a new generation of players. They are dumb, lazy and don't see games as challenge or mental exercise. Blizzard is just adapting to them. Pretty soon there will be no place for us "old farts". This all just makes me feel old. The funny part is that this "dumbing" did not start just recently. Even my generation is dumber than the one of my parents. So, lets see where we come in 20 years from now. Kids of our kids will see Pandaria as an impossibly hard game. Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2012
    Pandas... Excellent, here's a 0 for blizzard. If i could I'd give it -1000. The graphics look like a turd, I have seen PS2 games look better than WoW. Good job blizzard.
  4. Sep 30, 2012
    Once you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made Heroic dungeons mindnumbingly easy to the point where a decent tank and healer with 3 mediocre DPS can chain pull entire dungeons. Yet, while they've made dungeon crawling insanely easy compared to early Cataclysm, they've reverted back to Burning Crusade design for reputation grinding. There's even two reputations you can't touch until you've gotten a third, separate, reputation to revered. If you are like me and enjoy having reputations at exalted, prepare to endure a hellishly slow grind of daily quests where you gain only 100-500 rep per quest. They even did a nearly direct copy and paste of the Netherwing Ledge grind from Burning Crusade and called it "Order of the Cloud Serpent" (complete with sky races and rare spawning eggs). Then there's the Tillers, where you have to get reputation with *individual NPCs* in order to get overall reputation. |||| Professions have become markedly easier with most of them easily completed to level 600 well before you reach level 90. On my main, I had enchanting at 600 by 87 and tailoring at 600 by 88. Never in the past have I had all my professions at max *before* I hit max level cap. |||| Pet battles and the Tillers (aka Farmville or Harvest Moon) are nifty but gimmicky and a poor excuse for content. They're nowhere near as good as their original sources so they won't have staying power over time. |||| Frankly, it feels like they don't know where they're going. They've made too much of the game overwhelmingly easy and are trying to use reps as the hook to keep people playing. Unfortunately, it's not 2007 anymore and this isn't Burning Crusade. I struggled through Cataclysm and was actually excited for Pandaria but I find it to be as lacking, if not moreso, than Cataclysm. It would appear, then, that after 8 years, I will likely be bidding adieu to Azeroth as I just don't see the game getting better any time soon. It's sad when pet battles, WoW's version of Farmville/Harvest Moon/SIMS, and the complete trashing of the RPG elements of talents are considered major sales bullet points. Expand
  5. Oct 19, 2014
    Pre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They half implemented a new bag system, however, they forgot to include the most important part, assigning a bag to "Trash items"... Oh wait, nvm, trash items somehow get stored in EQUIPMENT BAGS!!! Absolutely no redeeming elements, now. Its GARBAGE!!!! Go play a better game, ffxiv, swtor, hell even ESO is better than this trash. Expand
  6. Feb 9, 2013
    The economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing until they can release their next pile-of-turd MMO known as Titan. Being disappointed far enough by Diablo 3's "Pay 2 Win" auction house I will give everyone this advice from now on: Stay the hell away from Blizzard's new products. They aren't themselves anymore. R.I.P Expand
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    Is it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game is NOTHING like what it once was. Classic, and Burning Crusade looking back feel like and are a totally different game. It seems like their idea of business is to take your money and for you to shut up. I even tried to give my account to my girlfriend so she didn't haft to buy it. She wanted the account name changed to hers. Customer Service told me we needed to submit 2-3 copies of each of our LEGAL Identification to get a name change. What is this? Here in the US to vote for a President you don't even haft to show ONE piece of ID. LOL and this is for a VIDEO GAME account. But, that didn't end there. The client then proceeded to threaten to ban my account since letting her have/play it was a violation of the EULA. As a BIG leader in the gaming industry i expected more. Collecting millions and billions if revenue a year, they would be the most polished company on earth. But to assume that, you would be DEAD wrong. Expand
  8. Feb 12, 2014
    I know this game isn't exactly for adults, but I never felt that I was in a kid (targeted) game. That is until I fought a boss that consisted of a rabbit burping carrots at me while I played whack-a-mole, then I finished it off by fighting a beer monster in china town. Ugh...I can't do this any more.
  9. gas
    Sep 26, 2012
    Im a wow player since classic, i got more than 300 days played on my main char. I played casual, i played hardcore, ive been a heavy raider in tbc, i raided more or less any content.
    I really enjoyed classic and tbc, ive found wotlk a so-so expansion, cata an immense letdown, and pandazz... i feel pandaz is just the right expansion to quit wow.
    The main problem is that Blizzard at a
    point decided that they were going for the masses,they decided they just wanted to focus on kids with easy content and uber power ranger armors, streamlined abilities, purple epazzz for anyone, and the dictat that every player must be special, making ofc everyone plain normal.
    I can understand that, game industry is business ofc, anyway they sadly ruined a great game.
    Leveling is plain stupid since wotlk, there is never a single challenge, its boring and it gives zero satisfaction.
    Everyone hate leveling in wow, Blizzard instead of makin it more challening and epic, they think that to make it more interesting it must be super fast and super easy.. damnz just stop with leveling maybe ?
    The idea that the game starts at end level and prior to that its just a boring rush, has been implemented by blizzard itself, thats crazy.
    Really i think there are not anymore gamers at blizzard developing games, there are economists in Blizzard developing games, this is the main problem.
    PvP in wow has always been not very balanced, uber geared ppl having fun in razing no geared ppl in bgs, world pvp has been completely murdered with fly mounts, and i cant get why Blizzard continued to allow pvp gear in pve and vice-versa which always created a lot of issues, especially pve players forced to play pvp to get specific rewards to go on easier in pve.
    The addition of fly mounts and million of portals since TBC ruined totally the sense of multiplayer ,as if you are out of the actual content zones or the main city, you will basically play alone and will not see any other player around.
    Actually in wow there is not anymore the feeling of doing something epic, any item/mount is rare just for 1 or 2 month at best, anyone can do anything with little or no effort.
    Maybe the player base wants that, a Kung Fu Panda toon nice and funny, nonsense pet nice and funny combat, new hairstyles, super huge shoulders, lore and quests funny and stupid, LFR to make every raid a cake, basically all things appealing for kids and console gamers.
    Wow can go on with this formula i guess even another 10 years maybe, but its not more wow, its just a dumbed down version of itself.
    Tbh i could write 20 pages of reasons why wow turned from a great game to a piece of garbage, but i stop here.
    I can say vanilla wow stays at civilization II like pandaz stays at farmville, Go Bli$$ard earn more cash!
    Adios WOW it has been fun.
  10. Jun 5, 2014
    The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.

All that is left of this soulless game is meaningless grinding in the form of laughable "daily missions" which was Blizzard's trumphcard to try and make people come back to the game but ultimately only served to reinforce the notion that blizzard priorities income>fun instead of making genuinely fun and enjoyable products.

I can only hope that they will not also screw up Heroes of the Storm.
  11. Sep 26, 2012
    Oh god. Just what everyone was afraid of. Dumbed down talent systems, click-to-start/win everything, bringing in a species as the titular characters which doesn't fit in the game at all (they were intended as easter eggs and minor characters in Warcraft 3). A few days before this game's announcement, an employee said they would never include pandas in games, they only see them to be in comics and mangas. Well, it looks like they found out where the game is the most profitable (Asians) and they decided to make it look like as much as the asian culture as they could (Great Wall, pandas of course, the music). The only problem is, almost no one is happy about the changes (Asians included). I mean, the Deus Ex games and Tomb Raider 2 are among my favorite games, and they are influenced by asian cultures a lot, but, again, it simply doesn't fit Warcraft at all. Blizzard, it's a shame how much you let money take over this franchise and (as much as I am ashamed to say this) I hope WoW dies as soon as possible, because this game is starting to be like the exact opposite of the original WoW. Activision, I remember when you published quality games like Jedi Outcast 10 years ago, since then, most of your games are equal to pure crap. You also let yourself to be a money-hungry company and it's obvious your hand is in this, too. If you listen to me, don't buy this game if you're still playing. Go to another MMO, go to a Vanilla/TBC private realm, do whatever you want, just avoid this game like the plague. Expand
  12. Feb 24, 2014
    The quality of this expansion vary on where are you coming from. If you want a cheerful asian-themed MMORPG resembling Diablo III with game mechanics, then this expansion might be pretty good for you. If you played all the other expansions of WoW, you might be disappointed. If you play RPGs for story, character progression, atmosphere, immersion etc. don't even bother considering it. If you played the original WoW and TBC and have no experience with later expansions, stay away from this. WoW is no longer a game for the RPG crowd. I played this expansion briefly, finished the story-line in few days and was done with it. All the other expansions left at least some feeling in my. This one... complete hollowness. The game has become very shallow and it aims at players with no imagination, inteligence and self-respcet. One point for all what is left in the game from its original. One point for the very few people I can still meet there and have a chat with them. Expand
  13. Oct 13, 2012
    Well look at that, bet you never thought WoW xpacs would become the same as CoD- just releasing the same game but with new skins. And like every year's CoD, the fanbois devour it and let Blizz in turn devour their money.
    Vanilla WoW- fantastic for its time. BC- perhaps the height of mmos across the board. WotLK- sure, starting to weaken, but some great ideas like Wintergrasp and new pvp
    types, and some fantastic dungeons like Ulduar which had fights that were challenging, accessible and enjoyable all at the same time.
    Cataclysm was a mistake- but, at least it had some enjoyable parts like the new starting areas, and a story which while lacking any depth at least completely fit the game.

Pandaria is to WoW what Twilight is to vampires- a really bad fanfic of something otherwise at least decent. Sad thing is, Bella and Mister Sparkles is still a better love story than lol-Kung Fu Pandaren. I picked the game up because I'd grown frustrated and bored with the extreme repetition in GW2, and lack of endgame of SWTOR- but Pandaria quickly made both those games look godly in comparison. This and Diablo 3 have sealed it- Blizzard's dead, replaced by Activision, not unlike how EA killed Bioware- I have utterly lost interest in Titan if this is what we should expect from it.
  14. Jun 15, 2013
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.

AND even now it still costs 20 to migrate 1 character I have 10 character so it would cost me 200 to migrate them all to other server. And reason why this is a problem for me is that my server died around Cataclysm times .

If im lucky there will be 2-3 alliance in Tol'Barad battle At best gametime there might be 35-45 90 lvl.s online. And yet we get no free migrate out of the server .

Blizzard doesent give a about they'r fans Migrate costing 20 just proves it.
  15. Sep 29, 2012
    Sad to see WoW fall so low. A little background about me: I played vanilla when it first came out, cleared Naxx, did mostly arena in TBC, and only got to level 78 in WotLK. I returned for Cata briefly but quit at level 69 (I lost my old account).

The game that was once tough and fun is now just casual trash. Once, the game catered to people who had played Warcraft III, StarCraft,
    Diablo, and just real gamers in general. Now those demographics are entirely alienated in favor of Farmville types of players. They should just make it free to play at this point; I am not coming back to this and I don't miss the game at all. The game has been oversimplified thanks to incessant whining from the lowest common denominator. The game assumes you're so stupid it's offensive. It's a stark betrayal of the fans that propelled this game in the beginning. Every decision Blizzard has made since TBC has been to expand its user base and dumb down the game at the cost of anything. At this point, they have polarized their audience and squandered any vestige of good will they had left. I, personally, will never buy another Blizzard game. I am glad I just played this at my friend's house and not myself. Expand
  16. Sep 25, 2012
    So, how can we reduce even more content for our players? Oh I know! How about we take away good story elements (or any story for that matter), refuse to innovate more on the game play and reduce areas of content just a bit so that we are giving less and less (I will get into that in a bit) people might say I haven't played it enough since it was mainly just beta that I was most likely to have played, but,, for now, i'm talking about content, and there really isn't a lot in this game. From what I understand, there is no new world BG, Tol'Barard was horrible because it had nothing different or new about it, it was basically AB but dumbed down to a game with literally a few strategies that people couldn't understand (at least on my server) just mass attack one place while defending the other in a repeating cycle. Also, this game seems to have no story, so you would thing that they would add more or better BGs right? Well only 2, and they aren't anything too new in terms of other games that have come out, mine cart garding, really? Whats next blizzard? Oooh ooh, kill confirmed? How about a Co Op mode where you fight zombies or robots? I know i'm kind of being a d*ck at this point, but really, there is nothing new and to make matters worse, you are getting less from the expansion, this wouldn't be so bad if it had an epic PVE story mode, but I have yet to find something intriguing. I think the biggest flaw since cata was creative designing,,,, where the hell is it? Everything since Cata feels like anything good stripped down to something extremely basic yet so bad that improving it wouldn't really make the core game play (Like TB) any better, it would just be masking it. I'm also rating it on the fact that I can't even install the freaking optimization patch, i get internet errors from blizzard telling me to check my connection, I have, and guess what, I'm fine, my friend is having the same problem, we both got good rigs and good internet, today the download bar moved to 0.5 before giving me this error, that only took a week... Look,,, iv'e been playing WoW since Burning Crusade, I was one of the first people on my server when it was starting, I have enjoyed WotLK because it had brought in cool new mechanics, but when Cata came, the quests were good in my opinion but the raiding and the dungeons were terrible, they started recycling more dungeons from the past to improvise extra stuff, we have been on a decline on brand new dungeons/raids/arena maps/Bgs since cata, we are paying 15 bucks a month and 40 dollars for each expansion that brings less and less, this needs to stop blizzard, stop being so high and mighty, and listen to your players.... Have a good one... Expand
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    When a company decides to make an easter egg in warcraft III the new mighty race of Azeroth, it kinda shows how Cata was indeed the end of the world. The pandas don't fit in this universe, and the pokemon pet system doesn't help. This isn't azeroth anymore, this is rainbow and unicorns land. Let your 12 year old kid play it and move on.
  18. Jan 8, 2013
    I may look like a simple hater by giving this game a 0, but it is entirely justified. This "expansion" is an example of Blizzard's greed and disrespect for their best franchise. They killed off all the major characters and gave them obnoxious canon backstories, thus completely destroying everything Warcraft III could have lead to. All the villains got killed off unceremoniously by "a group of heroes", and now that they have no more characters to spit on so they could make money, they turn an April Fools joke into an "expansion". I say "expansion" because it isn't really an expansion to WoW, as it is to Cataclysm. Cataclysm changed WoW so much it is basically an entirely new game. But by making it an expansion, Blizzard forces people to play it if they want WoW, as they would ignore it if it were a separate game. It started plunging WoW into a pit of casual gaming, and Mists of Pandaria does that even further, and like Cataclysm, makes old content people worked hard for - obsolete and useless. This blatant, disrespectful money-maker is an insult to Warcraft and an insult to everyone who ever paid to play World of Warcraft. I'd rather give my money to EA. Instead of focusing on fixing this and working on Warcraft IV, they keep butchering the canon so much that such a game will soon be impossible. Kudos to you, Blizzard, I hope you enjoy your money. Expand
  19. Jun 5, 2014
    I felt like this expansion started out VERY strong. I was impressed with the story and all the zones. That is, until I finished the quests and was left with dailies. This is the first expansion that I felt had not a single fun raid boss fight. Every raid was hard and tedious for the sake of being hard and tedious, nothing was made to be fun and challenging a the same time. Hell, even the previous expansion had enjoyable fights and people complain about those being hard all the time! The sheer amount of daily grind that I had to do prevented me from fully enjoying PVP and raid content and was pushed out of raiding and PVP for the first time in any expansion. Many of my friends came back to this expansion excited but quickly left after 2 months. Failure to keep players is not the fault of the player! The community has utterly destroyed this game's enjoyment for me and I'm sure many others.
    Final thoughts; Game grinds to a painful stop once you hit 90 and have to grind (even after all the changes made), getting into normal pick up groups (what I considered to be a staple of wow raiding) is impossible due to a toxic community. The community being toxic is a strange side effect of the internet an while I can't say WOW invented the problem (it's a problem in every mmo) it ruins the game!
    At the start of the game it was going to get a 10; -2 for grinding problems -2 community -2 for ending the expansion on a grind island. -1 for being unable to keep players interested (lack of innovation?).
  20. Sep 12, 2014
    Pros: N/A

Cons: "Pandaria" is obnoxious and didn't exist in the lore until Activision-Blizzard wanted to contrive another money-grubbing expansion for the game; the Panda-China theme is unneeded and annoying, and probably shows Blizzard's new market bias; the game lore was destroyed after Deathwing came back to life for the "Cataclysm expansion; highly inflationary economy; terrible
    leveling and gear systems where for example a level one character cannot even harm a level 80; each new expansion effectively resets the game, making your previous achievements through time invested worthless; game is deliberately designed like a giant money-generating hamster wheel for the players to run on, that is it rewards time invested very much and actual skill very little; once a new expansion is out, you can really no longer play the older versions of the game you had paid for.

Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Graphics 8/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 5/10, Voice Acting 5/10, Background Story 1/10, Plot Development 0/10, Realism 0/10, Gameplay 0/10, Replay Value 0/10, Game Publisher's Ethics -100/10, Total Score 0/10

Conclusion: Ignore this game instead of playing or buying it.
  21. Oct 1, 2012
    Pet duels? Pandas? What the heck is this crap. After the fiasco that is DIablo 3, this game seals it for Blizzard's demise. The collector's edition is ok, but the included digital addons for their other games are just a major disappointment.
  22. Dec 28, 2012
    This is a game for little kids.
    Full of cartoony things,they removed real talents,gave nothing to the storyline,ni epicness.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0.
    i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without
    storyline.I hoped the realise and fix their mistakes of cataclysm,but 2bad they ruined 2 games,only starcraft franchise remains,and they made me not buy that after what they did with diablo and wow.
    thanks for reading have fun on cracked servers or **** up yourself with pandas playin pokémon.
  23. Sep 26, 2012
    Let me start by saying Mists of Pandaria is not a bad expansion, WoW itself is not a bad game, it's just not great or Epic anymore, or at least as it used to be. The main problem of Mists it's just more of the exact same thing of the past 5 years, in fact it could very easily be a DLC. 5 more levels of the same quests, handful of more dungeons, couple more BGs, raids, and a re-shuffled talent tree. That has been the motto for Blizzard and WoW every since Burning Crusade. More importantly is the direction that the game started to take back in Wotlk, which is faster, simpler, easier and grindy. Normally those are good attributes, but not in a game. It basically stripped off WoW of its epicness, the feeling of adventure, hard work, difficulty, skill and challenge. It became a very easy, dumbed down mind-numbling grind, with no sense of challenge, adventure or worthwhile reward. And unfortunately, Mists of Pandaria is more of that, the same formula of 5 years ago heading even further down the road of streamlined dumbed down games. It's clear that Blizzard is heading that direction for a reason, to appeal to the younger newer crowd in order to continue selling copies and micro-transactions, not necessarily to continue making a better, more Epic game. Mists is very mediocre, specially when you compare it to new releases out there of MMOs and RPGs. With Guild Wars 2 being free-to-play I can't believe Blizzard has the face to charge monthly subscription for WoW anymore, or to continue to butcher their customer's pockets with elevated prices for extra stuff, like transfers, etc. The new class, slightly better graphics, new race and few other additions here and there unfortunately go un-noticed due to the other things that are just mediocre at best. Conclusion: Mists is just another WoW expansion, more of the same ol', very VERY little improvement if at all, that unfortunately goes overshadowed by the very poor direction where the game has been heading since Wotlk. Mists didn't cause WoW to lose it's Epicness, sense of adventure, challenge or skill/reward system, it hasn't been a trend since few expansions ago, however Mists continues that trend, which is bad. In top of that, we are talking about a very wealthy company with a lot of resources, and comparing to other free-to play releases (GW2) it just falls way, wayyy too short. Expand
  24. Oct 18, 2012
    18OCT2012 - What else can I say about this expansion except Truly Awful. The kung fu pandas are way over the top to the point of being unbearably obnoxious. The panda characters and animations look stupid and clunky. Their voice acting is borderline offensive Asian stereotype. As expected, Blizzard pulled their usual lame tricks and recycled old content over and over. Very little is actually original work. Thankfully most of the Kung Fu Panda land is accessible on a trial account which saved me from purchasing this awful piece of garbage. If there was ever any doubt that Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing anymore, this expansion is proof of it. Don't trust the "professional" reviews here on metacritic because they're often paid to write a good review. I doubt any of them even know what World of Warcraft is nor how low Blizzard has sunk. Expand
  25. Jan 12, 2014
    I played it for 8 years and I was, at different times, role-player with quests, profession farmer, gold farmer, explorer, serious raider and a sad veteran in the end. Its just not what it used to be. I put some things that players might remember or want back:

1) Mounts became useless and easy to get, you can summon and wait EVERYTHING. You pet may get one any of these days.
    Professions are easy and good for I don't know what anymore...
    3) You may get lvl 90 without questing and using LFG/LFR easily
    4) Epic items are easier to get when compared to common and uncommon. The hardest to find are the gray items that we use to sell when questing.( prove is that enchanting mats from epics most times are the cheapest available in AH)
    5) Classic dungeons are so dead...
    6) The old expansions have no value AT ALL. They are needed because they are pre-requisite for the new one. The old raids have no real value.
    7) Old areas have no real value, they are totally dead
    8) World pvp for resources, dungeon summon, fun are GONE forever...
    9) BARRENS CHAT is no more...
    10) STV pvp have vanished...
    11) Auction house, well... I won't even comment...

That's it...we need to wait for the next real good MMO, because right now there is no heir to WoW in the market.
  26. Sep 26, 2012
    This is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doing drunken monkey style kung-fu like Jackie Chan and we can't offend people who don't drink. Or something. The pandas are charming enough, even if the females are really just a mildly altered redo of the female dwarf. Ji Firepaw is a fun addition. Aysa is...meh. The problem is with CRZ, which has absolutely destroyed the game if you're on a low-pop PVE server. If I wanted to PVP, I would do so. If I wanted to fight with a thousand other people for mats or spawns, I'd have transferred off my low pop and gone to a place where that sort of thing went on. My economy on my server sees no benefits from this amazing new 'feature'. Make no mistake, if you are on a PVE server and you rezone, you will get griefed, heavily. This is unbelievable and stupid. I transferred off my PVP server five years ago so that I didn't have to deal with it. To those of you who enjoy PVP, I'm glad this feature has revitalized your experience playing the game. It has ruined mine. I have friends on my server. I don't need realID either, by the way. I've been playing since vanilla, I can make pals just fine. I can't believe that Blizz would implement this right before MoP dropped. I can't believe they aren't listening to the thousands upon thousands of players on both US and EU servers who are telling them they want to opt out. If Blizz adds the ability to opt-out of CRZ, I'll resub and play again. As it stands now, I'm done, and a lot of other players are too. Bad, bad move. MoP would have gotten a six and fifteen bucks a month from me if it weren't for CRZ. Bye Blizz, it was fun. Expand
  27. Sep 26, 2012
    Graphics are better than the old WoW but the fun factor has left. There is absolutely no challenge whatsoever. It feels like a game for simplistic children. What happened Blizzard? Where are you?
  28. Sep 28, 2012
    Holy Cow! Blizzard really jumped the shark with this one. YES people wanted more races....but that should have been done early and often- finally adding one all these years later is more like a slap in the face to the players who gave up playing because of how static the game world has become. The fact that they were too lazy to make new races for both sides (or even *gasp* add a new side to the war) also hurts the games premiss. Expand
  29. Sep 27, 2012
    I hate when ppl downvote a game out of principle, but I do empathize with them in this case. At the moment I speak, this game doesn`t deserve more than a 4, from a couple of reasons. First, the game is 10 yrs old, with no major improvement regarding graphics and gameplay since it`s launch (it`s getting dumber, and the playstyle is highly repetitive). Second, this game costs 70% the price of Torchlight2, every month, adding to this is the cost of the expansion(180% the cost of T2, only for an exp). This is OUTRAGEOUS. And don`t lie to yourself that a mmo needs monthly to sustain servers etc. GW2 does it only with the initial cost of the game. For those that get into this money eating machine, you have a major fault in the stagnation of the game industry. I am sorry to say, but atm Blizz just reached the EAjunk business model and the community has a major fault for this. I have played a couple of hours on a friend`s account, and I can state that the game has passed it`s time, a long time ago. I will stick with the memories that I have with wow from BC and WOTLK.
    Please don`t support this game. You are not only supporting Michael Morhaime to buy another city or so, but you are also sending a clear message to the game dev community that you enjoy monthly subscriptions on utterly foolish games (see swtor).
  30. Oct 3, 2012
    Activision was the death of blizzard as we once knew them. Everything they release is an obvious attempt at getting as much money from the consumer as possible. This isn't as bad as diablo 3, but it's a very close second. Nothing innovative with this expansion. Hit the level cap in a day or two, and back to the same old stuff. Sorry but this wasn't fun during WOTLK and it isn't now.

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]