4.6

1. Oct 10, 2012
    There's a lot of kids whining about how the game isn't what it used to be on here,, Minus them i think this should have a MUCH higher user score.
    Band waggoning all over the shop, so i shall add my counter.
  2. Sep 30, 2012
    Once you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made Heroic dungeons mindnumbingly easy to the point where a decent tank and healer with 3 mediocre DPS can chain pull entire dungeons. Yet, while they've made dungeon crawling insanely easy compared to early Cataclysm, they've reverted back to Burning Crusade design for reputation grinding. There's even two reputations you can't touch until you've gotten a third, separate, reputation to revered. If you are like me and enjoy having reputations at exalted, prepare to endure a hellishly slow grind of daily quests where you gain only 100-500 rep per quest. They even did a nearly direct copy and paste of the Netherwing Ledge grind from Burning Crusade and called it "Order of the Cloud Serpent" (complete with sky races and rare spawning eggs). Then there's the Tillers, where you have to get reputation with *individual NPCs* in order to get overall reputation. |||| Professions have become markedly easier with most of them easily completed to level 600 well before you reach level 90. On my main, I had enchanting at 600 by 87 and tailoring at 600 by 88. Never in the past have I had all my professions at max *before* I hit max level cap. |||| Pet battles and the Tillers (aka Farmville or Harvest Moon) are nifty but gimmicky and a poor excuse for content. They're nowhere near as good as their original sources so they won't have staying power over time. |||| Frankly, it feels like they don't know where they're going. They've made too much of the game overwhelmingly easy and are trying to use reps as the hook to keep people playing. Unfortunately, it's not 2007 anymore and this isn't Burning Crusade. I struggled through Cataclysm and was actually excited for Pandaria but I find it to be as lacking, if not moreso, than Cataclysm. It would appear, then, that after 8 years, I will likely be bidding adieu to Azeroth as I just don't see the game getting better any time soon. It's sad when pet battles, WoW's version of Farmville/Harvest Moon/SIMS, and the complete trashing of the RPG elements of talents are considered major sales bullet points. Expand
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    Many of these negative score reviews make mention of the decline of excellence from Blizzard games within the last 5 or 6 years.

The main thing that ruins games, game development and creativity and sinks developers is... interfering, money hungry publishers! Most notably Eidos, Electronic Arts and Activision! Who have ruined many, many fantastic development companies in their time.

Blizzard was possibly the last great development company not owned by a faceless corporation. However Activision bought Blizzard back in 2007. Need I say more?
  4. Sep 19, 2013
    I was subbed to WoW for possibly 3 years straight, once Cataclysm came along I re-subbed and play for about a month.

After Diablo 3 and Cataclysm I started to sour on my Blizzard love. I had been an avid fan of the company since I was in 4th grade with Warcraft I. Pandaria seemed like a joke to me, it seemed a casual ploy. And maybe it is to a degree.

I remember the first days of the
    original WoW.... how long everything took. It really felt like getting to level 60 was going to be a huge achievement. But, thank goodness they did away with that level of grind so that you would be able to level a couple of classes a little quicker and get to your raid.

On a whim I recently decided to get Mists for $20. Watched the GameTrailers review and I trust that guy.

I am delighted with this expansion; I feel somewhat bad that I never gave this expansion a chance from the very beginning. I cannot devout a lot of time to any video game and I wish WoW would have gone F2P as well, but while I play this expansion I realize why it has not. There is a reason I am not still playing GW2, or Neverwinter, or any of the countless other pieces of MMOs. WoW still has creativity, it still has a vibrant soul that I cannot deny. I am glad I was able to unfurl it's claw from my mind for a while, but nonetheless roaming through it's world is a wonder.

MoP may not be nearly as ambitious as other WoW expansions and this, I find, to be it's strongest suite. The design is tight, questing is streamlined, the environments open. I loved stumbling upon a small village with 3 tight quests then journeying on-wards through majestic environments that recall the original WoW to some degree.

The sound design is solid, the new zones are solid and more down-to-Earth in a WoW sense, pop-culture references abound (the whole thing somewhat based on Rashomon), whimsical, goofy and actually slightly matured and extremely polished.

The game may not be innovative, but this is WoW. Ultima Online was more ambitious and innovative than WoW years before WoW ever set foot. It's no big deal, innovation was never in the cards for WoW even though it tore this whole genre into such a specific and emulated genre no one has been able to touch the magic Blizzard created. Blizzard once again prove with this expansion that they are design geniuses; they realize what they have, what works and what does not and what I see here is something in a perfected and under-appreciated form. The pandas work, the voice acting where it is, is great, the story is actually somewhat decent. But, at it's heart It is truly magical escapism at it's finest, beautiful and subtle. I will gladly pay another two months of sub fees to take in it's glory to a fuller extent.
  5. Jan 8, 2013
    Best expansion so far. Leveling was really easy and there were more than enough quests to get you to 90. For the first time, I felt like Blizzard did a great job with their story and they did a much better job in delivering the story, using new ways to share story content with the player. Phasing is also masterfully done and more than ever, I feel like my actions have an effect on the world.
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    Really enjoying this new expansion. Have played since day one up until now. I actually think the Panderans are great, their animations are superb and I love the new Monk class. I also think the new talent system is way better as it cuts out all the lvls were you pick something pointless.
    Hoping the raid content will be good as all the other things. If you liked WoW before, chances are you
    will like this. Plenty of people who said they wouldn't play it are back levelling. Expand
  7. gas
    Sep 26, 2012
    Im a wow player since classic, i got more than 300 days played on my main char. I played casual, i played hardcore, ive been a heavy raider in tbc, i raided more or less any content.
    I really enjoyed classic and tbc, ive found wotlk a so-so expansion, cata an immense letdown, and pandazz... i feel pandaz is just the right expansion to quit wow.
    The main problem is that Blizzard at a
    point decided that they were going for the masses,they decided they just wanted to focus on kids with easy content and uber power ranger armors, streamlined abilities, purple epazzz for anyone, and the dictat that every player must be special, making ofc everyone plain normal.
    I can understand that, game industry is business ofc, anyway they sadly ruined a great game.
    Leveling is plain stupid since wotlk, there is never a single challenge, its boring and it gives zero satisfaction.
    Everyone hate leveling in wow, Blizzard instead of makin it more challening and epic, they think that to make it more interesting it must be super fast and super easy.. damnz just stop with leveling maybe ?
    The idea that the game starts at end level and prior to that its just a boring rush, has been implemented by blizzard itself, thats crazy.
    Really i think there are not anymore gamers at blizzard developing games, there are economists in Blizzard developing games, this is the main problem.
    PvP in wow has always been not very balanced, uber geared ppl having fun in razing no geared ppl in bgs, world pvp has been completely murdered with fly mounts, and i cant get why Blizzard continued to allow pvp gear in pve and vice-versa which always created a lot of issues, especially pve players forced to play pvp to get specific rewards to go on easier in pve.
    The addition of fly mounts and million of portals since TBC ruined totally the sense of multiplayer ,as if you are out of the actual content zones or the main city, you will basically play alone and will not see any other player around.
    Actually in wow there is not anymore the feeling of doing something epic, any item/mount is rare just for 1 or 2 month at best, anyone can do anything with little or no effort.
    Maybe the player base wants that, a Kung Fu Panda toon nice and funny, nonsense pet nice and funny combat, new hairstyles, super huge shoulders, lore and quests funny and stupid, LFR to make every raid a cake, basically all things appealing for kids and console gamers.
    Wow can go on with this formula i guess even another 10 years maybe, but its not more wow, its just a dumbed down version of itself.
    Tbh i could write 20 pages of reasons why wow turned from a great game to a piece of garbage, but i stop here.
    I can say vanilla wow stays at civilization II like pandaz stays at farmville, Go Bli$$ard earn more cash!
    Adios WOW it has been fun.
  8. Sep 30, 2012
    This is going to be more of a first impression than a full out review, and so I'm just going to touch on a few points which I think are helpful.
    1) Graphics and Aesthetics: This is one of the high points for the Pandaria expansion, and the overall feel of Pandaria (graphically and musically) is a needed breath of fresh air. We are introduced to a completely new southern continent whose
    existence was hinted at as far back as WC3. The oriental theme of the expansion is interesting, although it remains to be seen if the setting can hold its own for a long period of time as opposed to being a "flavor of the day" sort of thing. 2) Story: The alliance introduction to Pandaria involving Varian Wrynne provides both a strong sense of purpose for the alliance and provides motivation for Varian's expedition into the mists. The horde on the other hand is given a mindless, hate filled sock puppet in the form of Garrosh Hellscream. To call Garrosh a character would be giving Blizzard too much credit, since the opening cutscene for the horde provides no insight into Garrosh's genocidal hatred for the alliance. Unlike Varian, whose reason for entering the mists is something that can be sympathized with (even if we disprove of some of his methods), there is simply no sympathizing or liking Garrosh even when looking into the material from previous expansions. A huge gaping hole exists where the reasons for Garrosh's behavior should be, and the idea that such a non-character will be the big bad of the expansion, putting him on par with Arthas or Illidan, is maddening. 3) New Race and Game Mechanics: The removal of the talent system has caused something of a firestorm within the community, but its results are obvious and positive. Game balance is easier to achieve with the simplified system, and it is far easier to figure out what talent choices benefit a character the most given a particular play style than in previous expansions. It should be noted that the Pandaran race feels somewhat novel (for lack of a better term). Unlike previous expansions that introduced new races, they are not firmly entrenched into either the alliance or the horde, and this contributes to a feeling of disconnect with the player's chosen faction. The animations and voice acting for the Pandarans, as well as their aesthetics, are quite appealing to those who wish to play a more comical character than something serious. The monk class feels something like a rogue if the rogue were given the ability to spam attacks more often and traded stealth for increased mobility. Its flexibility is far greater than a rogue, however, as a player could be a healer or tank. 4) Minor complaints: If I were to rate this expansion only on the new content, it would be an 8 or 9 out of 10. However, as a veteran player, it is impossible to ignore the fact that in order to experience all the new content of the expansion, one will have to first go through all the old content from previous expansions, including the nefarious Cataclysm expansion. There is a quality in voice acting and pacing that is lacking in the previous expansions, and it is noticeable when moving from the Pandaran starting zone into the reformed continents of Cataclysm. Again, I am not judging Pandaria by what happened in Cataclysm, but the fact that players must tread 70 or so levels of content they have probably done multiple times on different characters drags down the fun tremendously. My first impressions verdict is thus a 6 out of 10. The content is good, its just unfortunate you must fight through so much land already (very thoroughly) traveled in order to get to it. Expand
  9. Feb 9, 2013
    The economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing until they can release their next pile-of-turd MMO known as Titan. Being disappointed far enough by Diablo 3's "Pay 2 Win" auction house I will give everyone this advice from now on: Stay the hell away from Blizzard's new products. They aren't themselves anymore. R.I.P Expand
  10. Sep 29, 2012
    Sad to see WoW fall so low. A little background about me: I played vanilla when it first came out, cleared Naxx, did mostly arena in TBC, and only got to level 78 in WotLK. I returned for Cata briefly but quit at level 69 (I lost my old account).

The game that was once tough and fun is now just casual trash. Once, the game catered to people who had played Warcraft III, StarCraft,
    Diablo, and just real gamers in general. Now those demographics are entirely alienated in favor of Farmville types of players. They should just make it free to play at this point; I am not coming back to this and I don't miss the game at all. The game has been oversimplified thanks to incessant whining from the lowest common denominator. The game assumes you're so stupid it's offensive. It's a stark betrayal of the fans that propelled this game in the beginning. Every decision Blizzard has made since TBC has been to expand its user base and dumb down the game at the cost of anything. At this point, they have polarized their audience and squandered any vestige of good will they had left. I, personally, will never buy another Blizzard game. I am glad I just played this at my friend's house and not myself. Expand
  11. Oct 6, 2012
    Blizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playing off and on since Vanilla, so statistically I'm probably supposed to hate this game... but as far as I'm concerned it just keeps getting better. Expand
  12. Oct 3, 2012
    Activision was the death of blizzard as we once knew them. Everything they release is an obvious attempt at getting as much money from the consumer as possible. This isn't as bad as diablo 3, but it's a very close second. Nothing innovative with this expansion. Hit the level cap in a day or two, and back to the same old stuff. Sorry but this wasn't fun during WOTLK and it isn't now.
  13. Feb 15, 2013
    It's definitely better than the ill-advised Cataclysm expansion, but the damage is done and the game is now too old for redemption; it has Blizzard's seal of quality all over it, it's top-notch until you realize you don't know why you're still playing this dated game at all. There's better stuff out there, just let go already.
  14. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if you were burnt out of WoW. I vowed never to return but im having so much fun I dont regret it one bit. MUST PLAY! Expand
  15. Sep 30, 2012
    Not sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of these naysayers here have barely even played through the quests or dungeons, if at all. Typical Blizzard haters. Expand
  16. Oct 10, 2012
    I didn't want to buy this game, but I did. I got so excited about new zones that weren't streamlined so I gave in. For that, I figure the expansion was worth perhaps about $20 altogether with a free month. However, there is no free month and the cost of this expac was twice that. In the end the game became nothing more than a grind that is even worse than Cataclysm at level 90. The amount of dailies you will have to do, even after the nerfs to rep needed, will be quite high. These dailies will take you quite a bit of time and will help you eventually get some epic gear to raid with. But the problem isn't so much that as it is the talent system being once again revamped to an even more handheld version of its former self, the overly instanced world of warcraft, and CRZ zones which pretty much turns all zones into random groups of people who just compete for your stuff. It isn't an improvement on the game, but rather a step back. Sure there are more dungeons and heroics to level in and get nice loot, but it is all the same thing with new skins and set pieces to come crashing through on your aggressive romp to end game. The farming btw is also heavily gated since you need rep with the tillers and not to mention you have to wait a day til you can even grow anything. Honestly this annoys me. I have no interest in playing pokemon as well. So what do I do? I try the Scenarios to check out this new type of content and am let down yet again. These are essentially the older group quests but mobs have more health and can overwhelm you, if you die you just graveyard zerg back and try again. The challenge of this game in learning to play it and become good at it are by and large so far gone it is painful to try and remember what it once was. I say don't buy this. In fact don't ever support Blizzard again because at this point it is so blatantly obvious they are milking this game it is a wonder the community hasn't rioted. Expand
  17. Sep 27, 2012
    Bottom Line: in this day and age if you're paying $16 a month for this garbage Blizzard calls a game, the joke's on you. Like they say, a fool and his money is easily parted.
  18. Sep 26, 2012
    This is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doing drunken monkey style kung-fu like Jackie Chan and we can't offend people who don't drink. Or something. The pandas are charming enough, even if the females are really just a mildly altered redo of the female dwarf. Ji Firepaw is a fun addition. Aysa is...meh. The problem is with CRZ, which has absolutely destroyed the game if you're on a low-pop PVE server. If I wanted to PVP, I would do so. If I wanted to fight with a thousand other people for mats or spawns, I'd have transferred off my low pop and gone to a place where that sort of thing went on. My economy on my server sees no benefits from this amazing new 'feature'. Make no mistake, if you are on a PVE server and you rezone, you will get griefed, heavily. This is unbelievable and stupid. I transferred off my PVP server five years ago so that I didn't have to deal with it. To those of you who enjoy PVP, I'm glad this feature has revitalized your experience playing the game. It has ruined mine. I have friends on my server. I don't need realID either, by the way. I've been playing since vanilla, I can make pals just fine. I can't believe that Blizz would implement this right before MoP dropped. I can't believe they aren't listening to the thousands upon thousands of players on both US and EU servers who are telling them they want to opt out. If Blizz adds the ability to opt-out of CRZ, I'll resub and play again. As it stands now, I'm done, and a lot of other players are too. Bad, bad move. MoP would have gotten a six and fifteen bucks a month from me if it weren't for CRZ. Bye Blizz, it was fun. Expand
  19. Dec 29, 2012
    WoW is 8 Year old, and its the the best MMO Game on the Markt. Warhammer, AoC, Tera, Aion, Rift GW, GW2, LodR, etc.....no one is so good like Warcraft. But i understand the 0 Raiting, its now "cool" to hate Blizzard and his Games. Its cool to hate EA, its cool to say Bioware is dead and now its cool to say every Blizzard Game is horrible.
  20. Sep 26, 2012
    This is just completely awful. Not fun at all. What the hell happened, Blizzard? How do you screw something up this badly? Poor design, down crap, nothing works properly...
  21. Sep 25, 2012
    Honestly, there isn't anything new to the game at all. All of the talent that brought up Uldular, WOTLK, are gone. We are left with a hallow shameless company that is tripping over its own feet.

Blizzard used to be a company of gamers making fun games for gamers. Instead, now it has become a soulless extension of Activision and is failing to deliver any fun.
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    Tons of BORING dailies to remain competitive.
    Dailies, Dailies, Dailies, all the way Dailies, again Dailies for rep, Dailies for epics, Dailies for extra loot coins, Dailies for recipes, Dailies to cook, Dailies for titles, Dailies for Mounts. Dailes to unlock factions.

DAILIES SUCK!
  23. Sep 26, 2012
    Oh god. Just what everyone was afraid of. Dumbed down talent systems, click-to-start/win everything, bringing in a species as the titular characters which doesn't fit in the game at all (they were intended as easter eggs and minor characters in Warcraft 3). A few days before this game's announcement, an employee said they would never include pandas in games, they only see them to be in comics and mangas. Well, it looks like they found out where the game is the most profitable (Asians) and they decided to make it look like as much as the asian culture as they could (Great Wall, pandas of course, the music). The only problem is, almost no one is happy about the changes (Asians included). I mean, the Deus Ex games and Tomb Raider 2 are among my favorite games, and they are influenced by asian cultures a lot, but, again, it simply doesn't fit Warcraft at all. Blizzard, it's a shame how much you let money take over this franchise and (as much as I am ashamed to say this) I hope WoW dies as soon as possible, because this game is starting to be like the exact opposite of the original WoW. Activision, I remember when you published quality games like Jedi Outcast 10 years ago, since then, most of your games are equal to pure crap. You also let yourself to be a money-hungry company and it's obvious your hand is in this, too. If you listen to me, don't buy this game if you're still playing. Go to another MMO, go to a Vanilla/TBC private realm, do whatever you want, just avoid this game like the plague. Expand
  24. Oct 7, 2012
    Isn't this like Diablo3 simplified talent system for kids between ages 7-12 cartoony graphics. Cute panda bears for kids and of course you are able to play monk class. Similarity kung fu panda children movie is obvious. All time favourite is of course is implementing pokemon pets to game another feature that is bound to draw 7-12 years to play. After wotlk game has just been steadily been simplified cata was crap but at least had 10 points of talents to distribute "freely" ill bet pandaria is even more crap with cookie cutter abilities easily seen from really limited abilities. Really not worth about 60 euros to even test for month. Expensive and there are loads of better mmo games in market atm. Expand
  25. Sep 28, 2012
    Really don't understand all the negative. Quests are fun and very varied. Story lines are equal parts serious and funny. Zones end in big dramatic conclusions that tie together every story you've followed. The zones are gorgeous and filled with variety. The enemies each have unique attacks that keep most fights interesting. The dungeons, while brief, offer something different around each turn, even if they are somewhat derivative of previous boss fights.It's also a relief to be playing a story that is about more than just a big enemy. It's still WoW, people. You still accept quests, use abilities, turn in quest. But the shape around it has changed. Its also a massive relief to see some things condensed. I feel like Warcraft continues to evolve with my life changes, offering me new options to explore the content I don't have quite as much time for.
    Also, ignore reviews that came out at launch. This is not an expansion that can be summed up inone days worth of play.
  26. Sep 26, 2012
    Graphics are better than the old WoW but the fun factor has left. There is absolutely no challenge whatsoever. It feels like a game for simplistic children. What happened Blizzard? Where are you?
  27. Nov 11, 2012
    After Cataclysm I was expecting more content and more "stuff". I knew from the start that this wasn't going to be a huge game changer but I waited with patience and eventually it came out. After about 2 months of gaming all I can say is this: it's not bad, although I can see why the players are angry about it and the reason is it has nothing really different than the other expansions. The questing system, even if it's the exact same as the other expansions, has one major upgrade: they are almost all linked all at one and almost resembles a campaign (something that this game really should have). Apart from that, it's the same old stuff and even though I don't mind at all if quests are repetitive it's showing already how old the game is. The new areas are gorgeous and really shows that they are struggling to make the game still good to look at...but again it shows so hard that it's old and needs a new direction. However, the 2 newest additions are of course the pandarens and the monk class....now for the first one, I don't really like it, but it's very well done and even if people think they are fluffy and cute, which they are, they don't feel out of place at all and I really feel their problems and struggles while questing. The monk class can be considered a bit like a druid or a paladin because it can do all 3 roles (tank, dps, healer) and so far it's actually too good, so good that properly it's gonna need some fixing, but so far I do enjoy this new class and the only flaw is that the first levels are kinda hard due to a HUGE lack of damage (but luckily gets higher around level 15). Now, for the rest, I do have some complaints: the dungeons are very well done and bosses are greatly and nicely thought...but they are still easy and it's a shame that it doesn't get any more challenging. I haven't tried raids but the most I get from players is that they aren't hard and the heroics are not even hard, but actually even easier. At 90 also the game forces you to grind reputations in order to get a lot of your equipment, making the game based mostly on daily quests: this method seems like an excuse to make the gear grinding look harder, but it's only longer and really feels out of place, without mentioning that the levelling is extremely long to reach the cap. Overall, I do enjoy this game, probably more than most of other mmorpgs. I played and tried other online games, from Aion to guild wars 2, and somehow I still get back to this game and the reason is that it's still a very cured game and detailed. It has flaws and I'm gonna give this game a 6 mainly because it's not bad, but it's definitely meant for old fans of the series: they will gladly like the game and won't have real issues at all, but for those who are tired already...I highly suggest to skip it. All I can say is, I do hope for one more expansion, and then put an end to this game, because even though Blizzard is showing capabilities and knows how to improve some game content (and make some other worse), this game is unfortunely becoming too old and needs to end in glory. Not in shame. Expand
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    It's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords you the ability to change your skills on the fly because the reagent needed to do so is inexpensive to the point of being insignificant. This actually opens the game up, rather than restricting it like people who aren't playing write in the negative reviews. You get to choose 6 abilities at a time from a pool of 18 that you can change whenever you want to without needing to visit a trainer. That's variety and accessibility on a scale never before seen in WoW. The new dungeons are enjoyable yet challenging while they're new. They aren't hard like dungeons were at the start of Cataclysm, but they aren't trivial like they were at the end (though honestly they will be by the end of this xpac, such is life in WoW). The new things to do like pet battles get you out into the world and dungeon challenge modes offer competitive PvE for players in addition to raiding. PvP is still there in several different varieties (although, I took a point off for Blizzard putting the gear vendors where they did, making them killable and saying they thought that was a good idea. It wasn't a good idea Blizzard, not at all). All in all there is more to do in MoP than there ever has been in all of WoW's history and the things that have kept the game going all this time like spot on controls, modability, accessibility and stability are all still there. Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2012
    Good Thing Rift is releasing a proper expansion soon so us MMO-RPG gamers get something decent to play since this is obviously not Blizzard any more. Hope Activision are happy with the sales in Asia since this game will be dead in western markets soon.
  30. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all, the attack on negative reviewers by the majority of positive reviewers exposes the fact that it is a select minority, perhaps even company employees, creating multiple accounts to boost the games positive rating. The whole thing reeks of self-promotion. Secondly, the expansion has dumbed the game down to ridiculous proportions. Will this appeal to everyone? No, of course not. However, those that enjoy the game? I do honestly hope you have a great time. The expansion to me feels tired, flat and the blatant rehash of game mechanics into simpler versions does little to help the enjoyment factor. While this next point is entirely down to social perspective, playing WoW now feels embarrassing due to the multitude of fuzzy pandas played by 10 year olds running around karate kicking things. As an adult, I can't take the game seriously anymore. I just can't. The pollution of the community is also offputting. Give children anonymitity and a feeling of invincibility behind a computer screen and, well, comment sections on Youtube are all the evidence needed.

Blizzard have taken the commercial route for more money over game quality and please, trying to deny this is like trying to say fish don't swim. In the interest of being fair, the Monk class is fun. On the whole however, MoP won't win back any loyal fans and certainly doesn't put Blizzard in a great light. I'd like to say at this point, I really don't like Guild Wars 2 either. The bottom line? WoW is dying a very slow death and the injection of botox that is MoP doesn't do anything to make its ultimate demise any more graceful. Just the same old tired formula. This kind of arrogance and disregard for quality simply shouldn't be encouraged.
  31. Nov 6, 2012
    Is it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game is NOTHING like what it once was. Classic, and Burning Crusade looking back feel like and are a totally different game. It seems like their idea of business is to take your money and for you to shut up. I even tried to give my account to my girlfriend so she didn't haft to buy it. She wanted the account name changed to hers. Customer Service told me we needed to submit 2-3 copies of each of our LEGAL Identification to get a name change. What is this? Here in the US to vote for a President you don't even haft to show ONE piece of ID. LOL and this is for a VIDEO GAME account. But, that didn't end there. The client then proceeded to threaten to ban my account since letting her have/play it was a violation of the EULA. As a BIG leader in the gaming industry i expected more. Collecting millions and billions if revenue a year, they would be the most polished company on earth. But to assume that, you would be DEAD wrong. Expand
  32. Sep 30, 2012
    What I am about to write is not a review of the game. Rather, it is a statement of the trends that I have noticed between gamers and their opinions of WoW. Take a minute, and look objectively at this game, and you'll see why all of your criticisms are not valid.

"It's too easy/casual." Blizzard heard this at the beginning of Cataclysm, and tried to make the game a little harder. The
    result? Look at this page: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469. Yes, at one time, people thought heroic dungeons in this game were TOO HARD, just because they had to use a little strategy and think before mashing buttons. So they water it down, and now people claim it's too easy. What the hell do you guys want? Furthermore, if a lack of difficulty is your primary concern, why did you even play WoW to begin with? There are many more games out there that offer more challenge than WoW ever did. Try learning to play Starcraft at a high level. Or...if you want an extreme, serious challenge, look beyond games. Try mastering guitar. Go study quantum physics. Try curing cancer. Any one of those would be infinitely more challenging than anything WoW will ever throw at you.

"Too much grinding/repetition." Hah. Haha. HAHAHAHAAHA. Vanilla WoW did not have so much grinding? Do you even remember farming for the epic paladin mount or warlock mount? Do you remember when grinding mobs was actually comparable to leveling by questing? Do you remember when it took 7-9 days /played to get from level 1 to level 60, and that was considered fairly fast? Do you remember trying to level BLACKSMITHING? Do you remember having to run all the way across the entire freaking world map to get to Scarlet Monastery ON FOOT, if you were Alliance? How about sitting around and patiently waiting for your 40-man raid to form? And you are trying to say that the current expansions are more repetitive than vanilla?? GTFO!

"There's nothing new in this expansion." This might actually be the most valid statement that's commonly made, but it's still not a good stance to argue why vanilla WoW is superior to the expansions. Of course there is going to be more of the same, that's why they call it an EXPANSION. If you want something different, go play something that doesn't have the name "World of Warcraft" tagged onto it. From what I've seen, Blizzard has actually thrown in a lot of new content in each expansion, by revamping classes, adding new classes, new skills, new bosses, etc. Yes, the core gameplay has to stay the same, because if it were not, it would not be an EXPANSION, it would instead be a SEQUEL or a completely different game. Therefore, this is not a good reason to criticize an EXPANSION.

"This game is so imbalanced now." It was NEVER balanced. Shamans in vanilla WoW. Enough said. Go YouTube some old videos if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Overall, I feel that people just don't realize they have their rose-tinted glasses on when they are reviewing expansions. In my opinion, people don't voluntarily put in hours, days, or even years of their lives on a video game unless they are seeking a sense of accomplishment. Playing Vanilla WoW may have given that sense of accomplishment, that adrenaline rush that we are desperately seeking with each purchase of the newest expansion. As far as I can tell, there are two main components to feeling a sense of accomplishment. The first is that the challenge must be *seen* as something great, something WORTH DOING. This feeling of creating a great challenge worth doing is something that MMO's are good at facilitating, because you are thrown into a community of many other people trying to complete the same objectives. This alone makes the challenge appear that much greater and worth doing. Think about it; would you feel better about killing a tough boss in some old single-player game nobody cares about, or killing a boss in WoW that so many others have tried before you and failed? If you are getting older and have more responsibilities, this becomes diminished, because you simply do not care about completing the challenge as much as you once did. The second component of the sense of accomplishment is that it must be something that you have not done before. When you first figured out how to ride a bike, it might have been big for you. But now, you've done it so many times that you don't really care anymore. And I believe that is what is causing the so-called "downfall" of WoW - the fact that it's just an old game that people have been playing for years.

If you read all this, good job, because I really didn't think you would have had the attention span to do it. But TLDR: You've been playing the same game for so many years for so many hours, so it's no wonder that you don't enjoy it anymore. Stop buying WoW expansions, because no matter what Blizzard does, you won't be happy.
  33. Oct 21, 2012
    I saw a blog post the other day from another MMO developer which talked about how you shouldn't make drastic changes to an MMO after launch, specifically on 'streamlining' the experience. In it, he talks about changes that individuals felt were necessary, but wound up contributing to his game's ultimate decline and demise. That dev was Dan Rubenfield, writing about the NGE patch for Star Wars: Galaxies. Now, 5.0 wasn't on the level of NGE, but over the years, things have begun to accumulate that make me question the necessity. The most obvious is the talent point system. Mechanically, it works and I understand why they did it. It is actually nice to be 'viable' regardless of the spec you choose. However, A) you are making choices for your character every 20 levels as opposed to every 2 levels, taking a lot out of the feeling of excitement for levelling up. B) oftentimes it is difficult to decide not because things are so good, but because nothing really appeals to you. C) the change did absolutely nothing to get rid of cookie cutter builds. D) things are seriously, seriously unbalanced - it's like they didn't listen to the beta testers. Another terrible decision was the inclusion of Cross Realm Zones (CRZ). Currently these only affect pre-MoP areas, but they have introduced a host of new bugs and issues, including lag spikes which crash your connection and auto-dismount when crossing zone borders. I play on a full server, and I was blown away when I learned I would have to share space with not only people from my server, but at least 5 other high population servers! Quest mobs are constantly camped, and on pvp servers there is constant ganking by high level players. Absolutely terrible decision. You now get Valor Points for dailies, which on the surface seems like a possibly good change, until you realize rewards for running heroic dungeons are cut in half, and you can only get full rewards once a day. This essentially means daily quests are mandatory, forever. I am not able to play 24/7, so the idea of doing 30+ daily quests every day really turns me off. Anyway, this review isn't so much about Pandaria as it is about the changes that came out in 5.0. I struggled with scoring it because content wise, MoP is ok if a bit lackluster. There wasn't anything that blew my mind in MoP like there was in previous expansions, and the "new features" (pet battles, scenarios) feel tacked on. You will run 4 dungeons while levelling 85-90, then find only 2 new, heroic-only dungeons at 90 (the rest are heroic versions of vanilla dungeons - ugh). I don't like to be a 'sky is falling' type person, but the only thing that can kill WoW is WoW itself, and dammit, they're trying. I don't believe I will be renewing my subscription. Expand
  34. Sep 28, 2012
    Holy Cow! Blizzard really jumped the shark with this one. YES people wanted more races....but that should have been done early and often- finally adding one all these years later is more like a slap in the face to the players who gave up playing because of how static the game world has become. The fact that they were too lazy to make new races for both sides (or even *gasp* add a new side to the war) also hurts the games premiss. Expand
  35. Mar 18, 2013
    I've been playing this game since launch and I've loved it since then. There are a couple problems with this expansion (and others) though. There are some class balance issues, but those are too bad. However, the grind is too much! I hate the daily quest system, you can only get a certain amount of rep each day, I wish it was a matter of time put into the game, not waiting.
  36. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't understand how so many people blindly rate it below 4 just out of shear emotion. I thought it was decent launch, it had lag issues for about 3-4 hours and it was perfectly fine after. I have done quite a bit in the game so far (level to 90, heroics and challenge modes)
  37. Sep 27, 2012
    Curious so many negative scores were put in before anyone even had a chance to try the game. Anyway, on one side I'm a bit sad that I have to give such high marks to an old title such as World of WarCraft who simply stick to the tried and true formula because it works. But the truth is there just isn't any better MMO out there. I think it's only fair the actual good games receive their deserved ratings while the mediocrity we must suffer at the hands of overhyped, but now dying games like Guild Wars 2 are left in the dust. Expand
  38. Sep 26, 2012
    Argh! why oh why did I buy this? Blizzard have destroyed what was once my favourite game of all time, people complein in other MMO's at the lack of endgame content at launch (of which wow had none) but nowadays WoW is only endgame with everything up to that point being dumbed down into a mindless grind. Round up as many mobs as you possibly can and easily kill them all.....no group quests, no elites anymore, no need to think at all, but hey, don;t worry because you'll have to wait an hour to kill this one mob that everyone is waiting for to respawn anyway! The new area and race are inspired by Jung Fu panda, it's alright whining that pandarens were brought in back in WC3, that wasn't really a proper introduction and the actual creation of the WoW race and area were clearly done with the dreamworks movie in mind to appeal to their young playerbase.

Sick of kill stealing, sick of ninja looting, sick of PvP that is geared strictly against new players (not fun when my wife won't PvP because the heirloom people one shot her), sick of rude idiots desperatly running through easy mode dungeons whining that we need to round up more mobs, sick of fetch and return questing......back to GW2 for me! My glorious memories of Vanilla and TBC won't be further tarnished by lazy, one dimensional expansions......oh and don't get me started on the talent system, nice new talents for some classes but godawful way of dealing with it, yet more dumbing down, they may as well just hand out level 80's and let them get on with the boring raiding from day one.
  39. Nov 7, 2012
    World of Daily Questcraft. WoW has devolved into a rep grind. What started out as Shattered Sun daily quests in The Burning Crusade where one could do them all in an hour, now dailies have evolved into a 3 to 4 hour grind (depending on server and if you are doing them at peak time). Other than that, the story arc is the same as the last 2 expansions: 1. New world is discovered, 2. Alliance and Horde compete for colonization, 3. A great evil awakens to threaten the very fabric of existence, and 4. Blizzard takes a year rolling out the content to save the world in 2 to 4 content patches before they announce another expansion to reset the cycle. Do not buy! You won't have time to enjoy this game unless you are unemployed and on welfare. This game has become a job. Expand
  40. Sep 30, 2012
    Shall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallenging anyways. Everyone saying that probably hasn't even done a new raid yet. The game was fun, and certainly worth the $40 or $60. Ignore the idiots that rated the game 0! Expand
  41. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, so many haters. If you like "violence" and "manliness" so much, go play CoD. If you don't like how the launch was going, then you didn't see any other MMO launches.
    The design of MoP is great, I'd say it's the best looking wow addon so far. The talent system is not that easy as it looks like (maybe for casuals it is, but hardcore players will see it's potential). Quests is good. Not
    great, but good enough. Scenarios/heroic dungeons/challenges is a step in a right direction.
    The only thing that I think could be better is LESS DAILIES. WE DO NOT LIKE THEM. But whatever, they're there for keep us playing even if we can't find what to do AND they also give great opportunities for world-pvp
  42. Sep 28, 2012
    honestly, i didn't expect any better, just another pointless expansion with no texture or graphics updates, i think WoW has had it's time and needs to rethink there style and what makes an MMO fun. gameplay is dull , nothing new brought to the MMO genre. However, i did enjoy the dungeons.
  43. Sep 26, 2012
    3.x User score...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is 100 negatives. Yep 100 and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing.

About MoP. best content of WoW, World pvp are back, Pandaria is great place and Pandares are awesome, they story, voices and problems ROCKS for me. I hope Blizz still follow
    this way and don't do another mistake like Cataclysm. For the Horde! Expand
  44. Sep 27, 2012
    One of the best World of Warcraft expansions ever! I have been playing WoW since the middle of Vanilla, and I can't stop playing MoP. Everything is perfect. When I first logged in after the midnight launch, the servers were really laggy. That was expected because I play on one of the most popular Alliance servers. After 2 days of leveling my professions, I started to quest. I was amazed at how much detail Blizzard put in to each zone and quest. Sure there are a lot of grinding quest, but Blizzard also added new quest with new objectives. Leveling from 85 to 90 takes quite a while now, but I was never bored because the quest were fun. Don't listen to all these kids who giving this expansion low ratings, they're basing their ratings on the the previous patch that came prior to MoP. It changed the talent tree, but it's not biggie. Instead of everyone having 'cookie cutter' talent specs, everyone has their own unique spec now. As a hardcore arena player, and casual pve raider, I enjoy this new talent system. Also do not pay any attention to people are saying WoW is to easy now and takes no skill. Sure, anyone can raid 10 or 25 man raids. That is why still has HEROIC 10 and 25 man raids, they offer better gear and take a lot more coordination. Vanilla was terrible and you only loved it because you were young and didn't have a job yet. This game is amazing, I'm sure Blizzard will release a trial for those who didn't upgrade yet, and when they do, you will love it. Expand
  45. Sep 27, 2012
    So far this expansion seems to have a wonderful amount of polish, style and whimsy. Among other things the launch as far as I have seen has been nearly flawless - no hiccups whatsoever. With blizzard's attention to extending the end-game (we'll have to see how that plays out) I really don't see why metacritic has so much early hate for it. If anything, the slew of game reviews of tens or zeroes with bad explanations only exposes how many people impose predetermined biased reviews on this website. Expand
  46. Sep 25, 2012
    So, how can we reduce even more content for our players? Oh I know! How about we take away good story elements (or any story for that matter), refuse to innovate more on the game play and reduce areas of content just a bit so that we are giving less and less (I will get into that in a bit) people might say I haven't played it enough since it was mainly just beta that I was most likely to have played, but,, for now, i'm talking about content, and there really isn't a lot in this game. From what I understand, there is no new world BG, Tol'Barard was horrible because it had nothing different or new about it, it was basically AB but dumbed down to a game with literally a few strategies that people couldn't understand (at least on my server) just mass attack one place while defending the other in a repeating cycle. Also, this game seems to have no story, so you would thing that they would add more or better BGs right? Well only 2, and they aren't anything too new in terms of other games that have come out, mine cart garding, really? Whats next blizzard? Oooh ooh, kill confirmed? How about a Co Op mode where you fight zombies or robots? I know i'm kind of being a d*ck at this point, but really, there is nothing new and to make matters worse, you are getting less from the expansion, this wouldn't be so bad if it had an epic PVE story mode, but I have yet to find something intriguing. I think the biggest flaw since cata was creative designing,,,, where the hell is it? Everything since Cata feels like anything good stripped down to something extremely basic yet so bad that improving it wouldn't really make the core game play (Like TB) any better, it would just be masking it. I'm also rating it on the fact that I can't even install the freaking optimization patch, i get internet errors from blizzard telling me to check my connection, I have, and guess what, I'm fine, my friend is having the same problem, we both got good rigs and good internet, today the download bar moved to 0.5 before giving me this error, that only took a week... Look,,, iv'e been playing WoW since Burning Crusade, I was one of the first people on my server when it was starting, I have enjoyed WotLK because it had brought in cool new mechanics, but when Cata came, the quests were good in my opinion but the raiding and the dungeons were terrible, they started recycling more dungeons from the past to improvise extra stuff, we have been on a decline on brand new dungeons/raids/arena maps/Bgs since cata, we are paying 15 bucks a month and 40 dollars for each expansion that brings less and less, this needs to stop blizzard, stop being so high and mighty, and listen to your players.... Have a good one... Expand
  47. Sep 26, 2012
    Very fun expansion to an already legendary game. It's definitely worth it to play as a Panda, questing can be the same old same old at times, but it's still worth it to play. I love it!
  48. Nov 18, 2012
    Full of **** whining about a game think they're elites or some **** I came back from a 2 year break and it was such a refreshing feeling. This game doesn't deserve a score below 5 IMO.
  49. Oct 13, 2012
    Well look at that, bet you never thought WoW xpacs would become the same as CoD- just releasing the same game but with new skins. And like every year's CoD, the fanbois devour it and let Blizz in turn devour their money.
    Vanilla WoW- fantastic for its time. BC- perhaps the height of mmos across the board. WotLK- sure, starting to weaken, but some great ideas like Wintergrasp and new pvp
    types, and some fantastic dungeons like Ulduar which had fights that were challenging, accessible and enjoyable all at the same time.
    Cataclysm was a mistake- but, at least it had some enjoyable parts like the new starting areas, and a story which while lacking any depth at least completely fit the game.

Pandaria is to WoW what Twilight is to vampires- a really bad fanfic of something otherwise at least decent. Sad thing is, Bella and Mister Sparkles is still a better love story than lol-Kung Fu Pandaren. I picked the game up because I'd grown frustrated and bored with the extreme repetition in GW2, and lack of endgame of SWTOR- but Pandaria quickly made both those games look godly in comparison. This and Diablo 3 have sealed it- Blizzard's dead, replaced by Activision, not unlike how EA killed Bioware- I have utterly lost interest in Titan if this is what we should expect from it.
  50. Sep 29, 2012
    This is by far the best content Blizzard has ever put out. The questing is superb, the story, the mechanics, I once again have that feeling of AWE I have missed since Vanilla. Kudos Blizzard, this is the best MMO out there.
  51. Sep 25, 2012
    MoP is the same old tired mechanics only with a new skin. It has gotten to the point where Blizzard is just shoveling out useless content worse than a Facebook game.
  52. Oct 2, 2012
    Every expansion has breathed new features and new life into WoW. This one doesn't. It simplifies the game to the point of absurdity, offers nothing to improve on the dated, now-ugly graphics and effects, and offers nothing compelling we haven't seen and done before. The new race isn't interesting, the new zones aren't interesting, and the new class is slightly interesting. Once you get to the new level cap, which takes practically no time whatsoever, you'll be treated to...easy end-game that, frankly, isn't very interesting. If you're addicted to WoW, you'll undoubtedly buy this. If not, just pass. There are so many MMOs out there now offering different features and playstyles, there's really no reason to play this one anymore. Expand
  53. Oct 7, 2012
    Blizzard dish out another winner - does Pandaria re-invent the genre? Hell no. But it gives the fans exactly what they want from a WoW expansion pack. Heaps of great new content, a new class, new dungeons, new raids, and some fun new features like pet battles, scenarios and challenge modes. If you play WoW, this is great. And if you don't, a WoW expansion isn't really relevant to you, is it?
  54. Oct 1, 2012
    A lot of negativity over this one. But mostly mixed feelings about the dumbing down of the skillsystem and the whole pokemon thing. Did WoW need Panda's and Pokemons? What has WarCraft come to? Is this the future of WoW? I can imagine a lot of older players turning their backs on WoW over what is undeniably the most kiddie-oriented expansion thus far. Poor veterans, what cards have you been dealt this time? Expand
  55. Nov 6, 2012
    The scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo the xpax, so far in pandaria i already have 5 days, it is incredible, you owe it to yourself to try it, whether you are a fan of WoW or not, the game is not childish, all the quests are dark and murderous, just how we like them Expand
  56. Sep 26, 2012
    I'm really enjoying it so far. I wonder if all the negative reviews have played it at all. I don't mind the graphics being a little lower-quality than the nicest-looking games out there. The graphics are still nice if you have them on the highest settings, and it's easier to play this game on an older machine because it does not have insane minimum requirements.

Another solid game
    .Battle pets are fun, guild experience comes more easily. Expand
  57. Sep 26, 2012
    Wasted 40$ for nothing. It feels like a game for children. This was once a good game. Not anymore, what happened Blizzard? Just stay away from Activision-Blizzard.
  58. Oct 2, 2012
    Not perfect but much better then most of these derps reviewing will have you believe giving it a zero who have never played it because they don't like pandas and or feel its ripping off pokemon is just stupid.
  59. Sep 25, 2012
    There isn't anything new here in WoW. Same ol' repetitive scheme of grinding through pointless new lands that nobody will go back to in later content. Weird to have a Panda Bear playing in World of Warcraft as well .... I guess some back room editor went to work and cut/edit the original lore of this game but ORCS vs. Humans is long gone for those mac players :). THis game is to bring in younger players with the cute little pandas in the video game b/c majority of the original WoW subscribers are all grown up and are no longer teens devoting sheer amounts of time enjoying end game contentt on this MMO. Oh and did I mention you ahve to do repetitive things (grinding dungeons, pvp battle grounds, daily quests) to enjoy end game Raids. Same ol' stuff here just a few new lands that will be dead in about 6 months. Expand
  60. Oct 1, 2012
    Tons and tons of Asian atmosphere in this new expansion. The new continent of Pandaria is the most beautiful place made in the world of Azeroth and I applaud the designers who can squeeze so much artistry out of an 8+ year old game engine.
    The game has been made more accessible for new players while giving the hard core players more challenges with the introduction of challenge modes.
    This expansion gives all gamer types something to do: casual gamers can have fun with pet battles and scenarios which don't take up much time while the hardcore crowd can build up their character by doing hundreds of daily quests, instances, challenge modes to get ready to raid.
    The new race is endearing with their Asian flair and cute looks and the new class is a welcome addition to the other 10. The quests are top notch and made me laugh on more than one occasion. The typical blizzard humor can also be found in the Instances. If a dungeon where you can battle drunken monkey creatures and beer spirits doesn't make you chuckle then life must be a very sour experience for you indeed. Never since the BC and WotLK days have enjoyed WoW this much. A very nice recovery from a mediocre Catacllysm.
    To all the jaded haters I say: If you're fed up with wow go play something else. I expect you'll soon find something new you can spew your bile on.
  61. Jun 22, 2014
    I really hated panda/asia theme, but I suppose that subjective. When I saw huge rabbits and carrots I wanted to puke and asked myself if this maybe is korean mmo?

Besides that I missed lack of end-game 5-mans (I played from 5.2+), PvP got neglected as usual by Blizzard (so much potential wasted...), island-zones were nice as expected (TBC players remember), LFR was nice (until
    introduction of Flex).

Blizzard of course as usual mismanaged content updates and soon we will have one year of 5.4 path which I find unacceptable in monthly fee game - but if people pay then I do not blame them for that.

Let's hope WoD will return this game closer to golden era (TBC/WOTLK).
  62. Oct 18, 2012
    18OCT2012 - What else can I say about this expansion except Truly Awful. The kung fu pandas are way over the top to the point of being unbearably obnoxious. The panda characters and animations look stupid and clunky. Their voice acting is borderline offensive Asian stereotype. As expected, Blizzard pulled their usual lame tricks and recycled old content over and over. Very little is actually original work. Thankfully most of the Kung Fu Panda land is accessible on a trial account which saved me from purchasing this awful piece of garbage. If there was ever any doubt that Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing anymore, this expansion is proof of it. Don't trust the "professional" reviews here on metacritic because they're often paid to write a good review. I doubt any of them even know what World of Warcraft is nor how low Blizzard has sunk. Expand
  63. Sep 30, 2012
    I find it absolutely hilarious that wow fans always claim that this game is built for "hardcore gamers", yet for the past 3 years, Blizzard has been dumbing EVERYTHING down to the point where a 12 year old can keep up. It seems people don't understand the difference between being a TIME CONSUMING game and an interesting learning curve, this game is the former, not in leveling, leveling is very easy, but in farming gear.

What's also funny is that they can't seem to deal with any criticism, claiming that anyone who gives this game a negative score is a GW2 fan.
  64. Oct 9, 2012
    I am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a culture obviously drawn from medieval China and Japan. The Monk class is powerful, and many of the more tedious aspects of advancement in the game have been simplified (for example, at least for Monks, you no longer have to visit a trainer to learn new abilities when you level up). More intangibly, MoP has somehow brought back the sense of wonder and fun that made the original WoW, as well as the earlier single-player games, so appealing -- if the three previous expansions had a sort of dark, epic Lord of the Rings feel to them, MoP is more like The Hobbit. By taking itself less seriously, WoW has become more enjoyable. The only significant drawback is the graphics engine, which is definitely showing its age -- WoW will likely need massive upgrades in this regard if it is to continue for more than another year or two, especially after the next-generation consoles are released. Expand
  65. Sep 25, 2012
    fantastica expansion , un inicio espectacular muy interesante con el principe secuestrado empiza tu aventura
    por estas tierras maravillosas de pandaria sin duda un 10 para blizzard
  66. Jan 12, 2014
    I played it for 8 years and I was, at different times, role-player with quests, profession farmer, gold farmer, explorer, serious raider and a sad veteran in the end. Its just not what it used to be. I put some things that players might remember or want back:

1) Mounts became useless and easy to get, you can summon and wait EVERYTHING. You pet may get one any of these days.
    Professions are easy and good for I don't know what anymore...
    3) You may get lvl 90 without questing and using LFG/LFR easily
    4) Epic items are easier to get when compared to common and uncommon. The hardest to find are the gray items that we use to sell when questing.( prove is that enchanting mats from epics most times are the cheapest available in AH)
    5) Classic dungeons are so dead...
    6) The old expansions have no value AT ALL. They are needed because they are pre-requisite for the new one. The old raids have no real value.
    7) Old areas have no real value, they are totally dead
    8) World pvp for resources, dungeon summon, fun are GONE forever...
    9) BARRENS CHAT is no more...
    10) STV pvp have vanished...
    11) Auction house, well... I won't even comment...

That's it...we need to wait for the next real good MMO, because right now there is no heir to WoW in the market.
  67. Oct 1, 2012
    horrible just horrible

say bye bye to wow u knew once

this is the worst expansion blizzard has ever done to date

i wont bother explaining whats wrong and whats good.
  68. Jan 30, 2014
    There is so much to be said about this expansion, for better or for worse. For me, there are things I like, but more things I can't stand. The pet battles put me off at first, but it turned out to be a fun diversion.

Things I didn't like...the horribly dumbed-down talent system. The new quests. All of Pandaria. Pandas. The massive scale of grinding. Having things to do is good, but come
    on. Having a couple of big daily quest hubs with their own faction is nice. But I don't need a rep grind to unlock more quests to unlock more dailies to rep up to unlock another faction to rep up to get more dailies. Optional stuff like the Agent Tournament in WOTLK or Firelands dailies from Cataclysm give you a diversion for about an hour a day. Finish up your quests, then move on to something else. With MoP, doing all of the dailies to rep up with factions is hours of monotonous garbage. The dungeons are so easy that very little proficiency is required to get through and win loot. They took an already easy raiding system from Cataclysm and made it even MORE easy due to people whining. It made me ask why I even bothered. Why play a game when the most interesting aspects for me were soloing old raids and hunting rare pets? When pet battle dailies are more entertaining than the rep grind dailies, what else can you say than: design problems.

One of the biggest problems with this expansion is what drew the most ire from veterans. The downright silliness and cringeworthy bubblegum pop feeling of the quest, characters, and continent in this expansion. The game has never been too serious to begin with, but some parts of it did have some dark undertones that created a unique experience. There were pop culture references, but they were scattered about. Now, they are constantly rammed in your face.

It takes a lot for me to roll my eyes and groan at how bad something is, and there were way too many of those moments leveling in Pandaria. Some of the quests and characters are so over-the-top that things meant to be mildly amusing make you want to laugh out loud, and not in a good way.

Cataclysm was not a great expansion. But it was still better than MoP. Some of these problems started showing up in Cataclysm, but at least the game still somewhat felt like Warcraft. Everything about Pandaria feels completely out of place. I still shake my head unable to comprehend how turning an old April Fool's joke into a full expansion to the biggest MMO that exists seemed like a good idea. Maybe I should have expected this, given how badly Diablo 3 and Cataclysm turned out.
  69. Sep 25, 2012
    how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90 and trying the new heroics and eventually the raids now :) I do think just 2 new dungeons up to 90 is poor though.thanks to any of you who cried yesterday and rage quitted the game,you've stopped all the lag lol like i said at the start you cant review a game after 1 day but felt i should offset some of the crying kids reviews who must have bought the expansion and then gave up after a few hours Expand
  70. Jun 25, 2013
    World of Warcraft, without a doubt, is the most successful MMORPG of all time. Even it's most ravenous of critics can't help but admit this. One thing they refuse to admit, however, is why it is the most successful.

It is the most successful MMO of all time for a reason. A very good reason. The presentation is top-notch, the level of immersion is second to none, and the user-interface
    is the best I've ever seen in an RPG, period. What is does, it does so well, and it's addicting and all consuming in all the right ways for all the right reasons.

Mists of Pandaria breathes new life into a true classic. It aptly demonstrates that WoW is far from done. In fact, it comes darn close to boasting more subscribers than all of it's major competitors put together.

Folks, there's a reason for that. And not the reasons the haters think. WoW is excellent.

Many of those who like to hate on WoW are spoiled, self-entitled, whiny little bi**hes. No one listens. No one cares. They are most likely anti-corportate, also. They have a natural inclination to hate on big publishers. They are fools, you see.

Don't listen to the idiots drivel. WoW is as good today as it was in the WotLK era. In fact, it's still just as strong. Most of the subscriptions lost are from Asia; in the West, WoW is as popular as ever.

Don't take my word for it check the queue times on at least half a dozen of WoW's top realms. It's packed tight and there is a reason for that. Needless to say, when you do get in, it is well worth the wait.

World of Warcraft is head and shoulders above the rest. It stands alone as the greatest massively multiplayer game in video game history. Mists of Pandaria is merely a continuation of that.
  71. Sep 29, 2012
    This game has gone a long way in terms of instances, loot, hp, etc. But what still irks me every time I play this game is the fact 9/10 people who play wow are trollers and griefers.
  72. Sep 28, 2012
    This game deserves nothing higher than a 0. It's graphics are dated back to the stone age, the lore is **** and the community is made of children. The class mechanics are all blending together in a horrible mush.
  73. Sep 27, 2012
    I love you Blizzard. You have brought back what I loved about World of Warcraft - the fun. This expansion got me in a way that BC and WotLK did not. Cataclysm revived alt-leveling for me, and this revived end-game for me. It looks absolutely spectacular despite the "dated" engine. Coming straight from Guild Wars 2, I must say WoW has done everything right this time - and I am back to stay. Here, take my money. Please.

And all the down-votes in here is just rediculous.
    And people wonder why nobody looks at the user-score. It's a total joke.
    0 score = fanboy of another game, and obviously some sort of adolescent jaleousy.
  74. Sep 28, 2012
    For me, MoP was an awesome experience. Most of the people who are writing bad reviews probably have not even reached end-game yet. Some of them complain about the new talent system, which is an excellent idead in my opinion. No more ''cookie-cutter'' builds, where if you did not pick specific talents, you would have much lower DPS then others. You usually only had 1-3 points to put where you wanted and even then, they did not change much (Some Builds did not even have those extra points). With the new system, the talents you choose actually modify your gameplay, and there is USUALLY no good answer, it is left to the preference of the player. Furthermore, the new continent is stunning, the environnement is beautifully done and the artwork on some of the mobs are very intricate and interesting. There are new battlegrounds and Dungeons, two whole new modes (Challenge mode and Scenarios), new raids, AoE looting, changes to raid looting, reputation, etc. Hell, some stuff went back to how it was in vanilla ! All in all, i seriously don't understand why people are disliking this expansion. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys World of Warcraft. Expand
  75. May 28, 2013
    I fear MOP is a reflection of when the whining masses get their own way. Let me be up front and state this: just because people want something in a game, does not mean it's good game design.

Do you remember when tanking and healing used to take skill and some forethought? You won't find that here. Healers cannot go OOM and tanking takes very little attention.

Characters have
    become very homogenized and the differences between the classes are small.

Blizzard cannot balance PVP. This is the worst pvp I've played in any wow game. Sure, people used to get gibbed in vanilla, but at least you could see it coming most of the time IE stuck in a seduction while a warlock fired up a soulfire with a 6 second cast. Combine this with boatloads of instant CCs and instant heals and instant everything else and I'm left wondering who finds pvp fun anymore?

Many of the raid fights I've been in had hard enrage timers. Many fights aren't about mechanic mastery, but about pumping out as much dps as you can. This made for some of the most boring boss battles I've done yet, and the most frustrating.

Blizzard has taken an approach to eliminate all aspects of socialization or need to communicate and coordinate. Why CC a mob? Looking for raid is pants on head stupidly easy. No longer is there any mystique because all raids are cleared on day 1 with a raid full of people who don't communicate and are not punished for standing in the fire the whole fight. How is this even a game? There is no challenge to be found here. Just because I'm a casual player doesn't mean I want to be treated like someone who has never seen a computer before.

Grinding has been replaced with daily quests. Remember how in vanilla or TBC you could log on and go kill mobs for drops to get rep with the scryers or timbermaw? Yes, it was a grind, but what we're offered in place of this is daily quests. Now the ability to accumulate rep is throttled instead of being something you could do on your own time! Just because it's a daily quest doesn't mean it is not a grind. You are still killing mobs or picking up items. I miss being able to farm twilight texts and selling them to other players who wanted their rep grind quickly. I also miss how grinding mobs in an area for drops usually meant players were going to be in the same area for a while and provided good opportunities for PVP.

Cross realm zones have ensured that the low level crafting materials are going to be extremely rare. This is opposed to the mop lvl zones where you literally cannot go 2 seconds without seeing another resource node to loot. Have fun lvling that new character's trades!

I'll conclude by saying that I stand in the group that firmly believes Vanilla and especially TBC were the pinnacle of wow. I still play on a private vanilla wow server and I find it infinitely more enjoyable than mop. It is not the nostalgia factor at all as many mop supporters would like to think. Wow used to be simple to learn and hard to master. It used to require team work, communication, and some struggling which just made the rewards that much more enjoyable to get. There used to be a reason to go out into the world, and you could make real rivalries and get a reputation for yourself. Blizz made wow so people who want to be anonymous jerks or are really bad at the game are able to accomplish just as much as everyone else in the same span of time without ever leaving the main cities. There is no challenge to be had here. This is the last Blizzard game I will ever purchase (I said that when I got D3 and I should have stuck to my guns). The worst part is that much of the community supports the direction WOW is going so I really do think we are going to see WOW fizzle out and die because the people who made the community good, enjoyed a challenge, and didn't want everything handed to them on a silver platter have been alienated.

The few good things, challenge modes, and improved graphics, are the only pros I can think of. Even challenge modes though are just a race against the clock however and only provide aesthetic rewards. Not worth coming back for IMO.
  76. Oct 10, 2012
    I personally don't understand why this game has been score-dived so heavily. Despite the hitches most expansions experience during launch, Mists of Pandaria has put World of Warcraft back on track. By removing all of the pointless number-crunching rubbish in the game and instead focusing far more heavily on enemy tactics as well as emphasising on this idea of a continuous expansion where the main continent of Pandaria reshapes over the game's lifespan, it is far, far easier to be gripped by this Exp's far more involving story. Pandaria itself looks absolutely amazing and the Pandaren, although originally a bit gimmicky, where well delivered.
    This expansion is head-over-heals better than Cataclysm and every bit as magic as TBC or WotLK when they both first launched.
  77. Oct 3, 2012
    THE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode gives PvE players a more direct competition with other people. Voice overs are definitely a big improvement over Cataclysm. Monk class is very interesting and fun. Pandaren animations are great. Involving storylines that make you feel like a special snowflake. --------- THE BAD: Overhauled talent system makes leveling feel a bit hollow. A few buggy issues with phasing. ---------- THE UGLY: People will find any reason to hate WoW at this point. Internet chest thumpers are predisposed to hating this game simply because of the Pandaren race. Pet monster mini-game will get a lot of comparisons with Pokemon, although no one has yet criticized Polymock in GW2. (isn't selective journalism great? lol) --------- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: WoW's age is definitely showing, but the efforts put into developing Mists of Pandaria truly shows and gives long-time Blizzard fans a reason to pick up the game again. It's sad that people are judging the game so harshly without even trying it and realizing how much fun it is. FINAL VERDICT COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Expand
  78. Sep 26, 2012
    Do yourself a favor and stay AWAY from this game. Better, stay away from activision-blizzard as a whole. They are trailing the same path as Electronic Arts.
  79. Oct 2, 2012
    The quests, music and scenery are really good. The new talent and glyph setup is great.

The big drama is PVE difficulty. There is no challenge at all. Even a first dungeon run feels like a grind. It is quite literally impossible to fail.

For that I'll rate this 8, the lowest I've rated wow expansions so far.
  80. Jan 17, 2013
    This game has been so dumbed down it's ridiculous. Once again blizzards philosophy of "my way or don't play at all" has driving away fans yet again. The 6 talent system had so much criticism when it was first announced in cata, and yet they went with it anyways. Low pop servers continue to suffer. Class imbalance rampant like always. Truly horrible.
  81. Dec 23, 2012
    I unsubed from the game yesterday and its running out today. I will not be returning to WOW again. Why? Because I dont play games that consider waiting in queues for more than an hour to be the best way to gate content. Thats not acceptable and every 10 mins of waiting lowers the score I give the game by 1. So... 4 it is.
  82. Sep 26, 2012
    Well impressed so far with my MOP experience, the game is taking a fun step back in the right direction. to all of you voting 0...all i can say is that you have set yourself up for failure from the get go.
  83. Sep 26, 2012
    Dreadful expac.The talent system is a joke the environment looks ripped out of a cartoon and pandas everywhere.This isnt the same game ive played for 7 years,bliz youve lost another subscriber.
  84. Oct 2, 2012
    I have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung Fu panda came out, and I wound up liking the stupid movie. I went ahead and gave MoP a chance, and found myself having more fun with WoW than I had in a long while.

The new talent system is weird, and certainly boring for someone just starting to level, but I get what they were trying to do.

The graphics options are much improved. The new areas are interesting. We get a new race and new class.

I think people need to realize that there's only so much you can do with a game this old. And I don't mean the graphics. After playing the same MMO for 6 years, how can you not be tired of it? How can you not be tired of the genre itself? Maybe its time to move on. I get some players are angry that the game is easier or more casual, and that they feel betrayed, but I for one am happy the game is less of a grind. I just want to have fun. I don't want to sacrifice large chunks of my life to any single game. And to all the hate on the FMV, well, I want this one was the best they've done yet. I've never thought they were amazing or worth watching twice, but this one was technically very impressive and amusing. I've seen people comment that they were offended that this strange new race would be attacked without cause. Well lighten up, it was amusing, and it makes a pretty accurate statement on human (or orc) nature.

So no, its not perfect, or revolutionary, and I ought to vote it higher to compensate for extremists ( a zero? Really? Did you buy one of the display boxes by mistake?) but I think its a solid 8, and a pleasant surprise.
  85. Oct 1, 2012
    Pet duels? Pandas? What the heck is this crap. After the fiasco that is DIablo 3, this game seals it for Blizzard's demise. The collector's edition is ok, but the included digital addons for their other games are just a major disappointment.
  86. Oct 28, 2012
    An amazing expansion with lots to do, if you aren't an angsty teen (or just plain immature person) who hates the game because they think it's "too kiddy" you're probably going to like it. Also take note of how many 0's were put up in the first 3 days (let alone the first day alone)....just shows you how many people hated it for the sake of hating without even trying the game.
  87. Nov 20, 2012
    At first I found it good because it was way better then Cata.
    However it's completely destroyed at high levels by the awful daily quest grinds that are a grief fest, a bore fest and an annoying mechanics fest. Blizzard is also cheap on the rewards, with dirty moves like no flying while dead.
    I find myself getting angry each evening while doing these crap daily quests.
    Nothing good to
    expect from Blizzard any more after Cataclysm, Diablo 3 and now this. Expand
  88. Sep 26, 2012
    I've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to better optimize and balance classes. Pandaria is by far the most beautifully crafted continent and is so brilliant that the rest of Azeroth seems dated. You can tell that Blizzard developers have truly listened to the majority of their player base and worked hard to improve upon past miss-steps. Expand
  89. Sep 25, 2012
    The death of a giant. Same old same old. No new artwork, bad design, changing things that do not need changing. Voiceovers are bad. Once was a great MMO, now just a stale piece of junk. Blizzard needs to hire people who care about games, not those who just want to make money by insulting the customer.
  90. Oct 27, 2012
    This game is just a re-hash. Boring grindfest to nothingness.
    WoW Pandaria and Diablo 3 has nailed the coffin for blizzard. I regret purchasing this game.
  91. Oct 6, 2012
    After playing a vanilla wow private server and then playing this and comparing the two games, I can really say Blizzard has completely ruined wow, this game really sucks now and there's no point playing it. I used to be so addicted to this game , I would play every day and it was all I thought about, now it's a piece of crap.
  92. Oct 10, 2012
    I thought it was pretty good. I have no idea how they expect this to last them for the next two years, as it didn't even attempt to re-invent the genre on any level. I'll play it as a single player experience for a month and then move on to something else, but if you see it from that perspective, it's good for a month I suppose. Great art, story, music, etc. Nothing wrong there. Just the overall design and direction on this MMO needs to reach some kind of paradigm shift and I'm not seeing it showing any signs of going there any time soon. Expand
  93. Sep 25, 2012
    Poor design, poorly planned out, causal-ized skills, bad launch. This xpac will be the downfall of WoW. Crossrealm is interesting, however it's lead to camp-the-spawn world PVP. Piles of bones at spawn and portal points. The expansion quests - mobbed with players trying to do "spawns once every 10 minutes" destroyable objects. Severe bottleneck quests that have long cinematic scenes, and require certain objects to be destroyed. Seriously, you'd think blizzard - with hundreds of millions in revenue, near a decade of running an MMO ... would they know how to design and run one? It's falling apart, it's like they want to destroy it. I didn't think there could be a step down from Cata, but there IS. And Mists of Pandaria - is it. Don't buy it if you haven't bought it. It's bad. Expand
  94. Oct 12, 2012
    To be fair I have to admit that I wasn't very optimistic about this expansion in the months before its release. I really was disappointed with Cataclysm and I really wasn't liking much of the news and developer posts that I was reading about Pandaria. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised though. Pros:
    + The new lands are beautiful and if you're the time of person who loves doing
    the quests like me then you'll be in heaven. + The stories and new Pandaria lore are really fun to follow. + The new cooking dailies where you have to grow food Farmville style are surprisingly fun and addictive. + Pet battles, a new system where your companion pets can duel against each other seems to be a new form of crack. Cons:
    - I'm still not a fan of homogenizing the talent trees into a total of 5 talent choices once you're level 90. That's right, you have a total of 5 talents to choose from and even those choices really aren't all that different from one another. - Profession mats drop and spawn so abundantly that the mats are practically worthless only two weeks into the game. If you had fun working the auction house in the past you might be disappointed. - Mote and Spirit of Harmony (this expansion's Volatiles) are all BoP so again, there's no money to be made selling them on the auction house. - Justice and Valor point gear is exclusively sold by faction quartermasters now so you need to grind reputation in order to spend the points that you had to grind to earn. Basically if your on the fence about picking this up because you hated WotLK and Cataclysm I'd say that its worth picking up and giving it a shot. Like myself, you may be pleasantly surprised.
  95. Oct 6, 2012
    Almost 90% of the negative reviews for this expansion are from accounts that were just created and have only reviewed this one game. This leads me to believe that it is a relatively small group of people making multiple accounts just to drive down MoP's meta score. As for the game itself, I think it's one of the best expansions that Blizzard has released thus far. It's on the same level as the Burning Crusade and definitely head and shoulders above Wrath and Cataclysm. The expansion adds a ton of content; A new race, new class, new continent, a pet battle system, and a personal garden for your characters to maintain a la Harvest Moon. The latter two are what is drawing the most flac from elitists. Oh no! Something else for players to do besides grind raid gear! The sky is falling! Seriously, this expansion is greatly entertaining and those whining for a return to the Vanilla / BC era are looking through some massive rose-tinted glasses. A game becoming more "casual" friendly is NOT a bad thing. Elitist snobs are actually throwing temper tantrums because Blizzard is making it possible for MORE people to see raid content. Yup, you read right. They are upset because they are no longer special little snowflakes and "less serious" players are now able to get their one exclusively 1337 gear. There are 324 negative reviews. Well, there are over 800 players in my Guild and Guild Alliance, and 90% of us think this expansion is great fun. Sure there are a few little things that could use tweaking (*cough*spawnratescough*) which is why I gave this expansion an 8 instead of a solid 10. If you just want to play WoW, see content, and get distracted by the multitude of things now in game go ahead and buy MoP. You'll get your money's worth out of it easily. If you think that EverQuest is the best MMO ever concieved, that every other game ever ripped off EverQuest (even ones that came before it!), and you think only the best of the best deserve to see end-game then you best stay away and let us "casuals" have our fun. Expand
  96. Sep 26, 2012
    Your time and money is better spent elsewhere. Blizzard once again continues to dumb down their franchises while gouging $ out of their customers. The setting is awful and the class changes are even worse. It is clear that the talent truly has left Blizzard and all they care about is making money. It is sad to see that a company that was once the best in the industry has fallen so hard.
  97. Sep 30, 2012
    As I normally would not give it a positive feedback I can't say that I didn't like playing this expansion. I gave it a try, if you have doubts even a little of returning then don't do it and feel like you wasted time. Though I started a monk (human) and having my fun restarting the game, by playing at level one; cant' say it's not new to me but it's not automatic evil.

You can't
    really bash the game for making everything easy when we're the ones who yelled,cried and whined for it and they gave it to use so we kept asking now look how some of the new generation of MMO's are; so that obvious fact of socializing aside let's go to the other features. The pet battles is very much Pokemon you cant' deny that, but it is a fun little feature that you can actually lose yourself in. Level up a pet, capture new ones, challenge others it's a new fun feature for this game.

People complain of auto-easiness well they brought it about, so really people don't blame the game... blame yourselves for becoming so lazy.
  98. Nov 13, 2012
    At first I was reluctant, but then I started leveling my main... and realized how different this expansion was. Most of the tedious useless grinding is gone. Even what is still left, has some variety to it so it isn't day after day of the same old dungeon or quest. Rather, it's more in sync with learning different game mechanics, which there is a bunch of them. Talents are no longer a template you copy from some mathematically calculated simulation (aka: website), you can actually change them on the fly, and it makes sense to do so. Most -if not all- of the consumables needed by your class are gone; no more addons to auto-refill your bags with arrows or portal runes. Actual abilities and gameplay have been tweaked so you don't have a single winning rotation, but rather a rotation with a set of choices at each point in time, which requires more situational awareness than before. Interserver is a great addition, so places that looked deserted not so long ago, now get filled with people from other servers leveling up, gathering, or just doing whatever they do. The pet minigame is part of that "filling the deserted world" trend, as you need to go to low-level areas to level up your pets. Not that you need to, but it surely is a fun way to bump into someone from the opposing faction and get some impromptu pvp action. The addition of world bosses, scenarios, and the fact you can queue for dungeons, scenarios and raids all at once, is also welcome; no 40+ min waiting times for dps anymore. While faction based dailies get spiced up with the harvesting mini-game, cloud serpent racing, and such. Overall it's an expansion that addresses many long standing problems, while adding new content and challenges to last for quite a while. Expand
  99. Dec 28, 2012
    This is a game for little kids.
    Full of cartoony things,they removed real talents,gave nothing to the storyline,ni epicness.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0.
    i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without
    storyline.I hoped the realise and fix their mistakes of cataclysm,but 2bad they ruined 2 games,only starcraft franchise remains,and they made me not buy that after what they did with diablo and wow.
    thanks for reading have fun on cracked servers or **** up yourself with pandas playin pokémon.

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]