4.9

1. Sep 29, 2012
    Ok, I have to admit, I hated the game on day one, but that was because of technical problems that appear to have been resolved. I have played through all the zones and leveled from 85-90 and it's actually the best leveling experience in the franchise. Fun, not too hard, and full of stories. It's not that I like easy games, but the challenges come from end game pvp and pve content, andOk, I have to admit, I hated the game on day one, but that was because of technical problems that appear to have been resolved. I have played through all the zones and leveled from 85-90 and it's actually the best leveling experience in the franchise. Fun, not too hard, and full of stories. It's not that I like easy games, but the challenges come from end game pvp and pve content, and complicated quests that make you 5 minutes running from one end of the map to the other are just not compelling gameplay, regardless of the game. I hate it when it happens in GTA, and I hate it in MMO's. Expand
  2. Sep 30, 2012
    Not sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of theseNot sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of these naysayers here have barely even played through the quests or dungeons, if at all. Typical Blizzard haters. Expand
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made,I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made, they however a bit simple to play, but never the less i find them the most fun and innovated. Although i told myself i would never but another blizzard product after Diablo 3, i am actually enjoying MoP very much. Expand
  4. Sep 25, 2012
    Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion.

Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. The accompanying music has an appropriate oriental feel mixed with the oldschool tunes of Warcraft 3, which they seem to be trying to bring back in to the game.

I thought the pet battles would be a somewhat amusing side feature, and was surprised to learn how in-depth they went in to creating that system and its content. If you liked Pokémon, you'll probably get some fun out of the pet battle system. Don't look for the same amount of depth, however.

The pandas have an interesting and sometimes amusing story. If you're looking for a dead serious, no-funny-business, don't play the Pandarian race. There's still plenty to keep you entertained that's not your cup of tea, however.

This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Don't get me wrong, some of the quests are great, but you can definitely tell when a quest was phoned in.

The dungeons are short and to the point. This may please some, although I did find myself pausing after completing my first few dungeons and going: "that's it?" They're been streamlined for the new challenge modes and it shows. The new class talent system is a step up from the previous talent trees, although it does seem to lack the depth that it previously had. Despite the claims of the developers, there are clear winners in most categories for the talent you want to take. Unfortunately, there are also useless talents that you instantly know will be useless in the vast majority of situations. It's a good thought, but there's still plenty of work to be done.

Its buggy introduction quests are not a reason to dock an entire point as it's not a game stopper, but it could definitely have been handled better. I'm not sure how the main intro quests still had issues upon launch after the extensive beta testing this game received.

The expansion will unfortunately be remembered for its shaky quest start if they don't fix that very, very soon. There are also issues that will manifest themselves during leveling such as some class healing specs not having essential leveling abilities such as AoE.

TLDR: If you liked Wrath of the Lich King, you'll probably like this expansion. It's not perfect, but it's a step up in game quality overall.
  5. Sep 26, 2012
    3.x User score...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is 100 negatives. Yep 100 and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing.

About MoP. best content of WoW, World pvp are back, Pandaria is great place and Pandares are awesome, they story, voices and problems ROCKS for me. I hope Blizz still follow this way and don't do another mistake like Cataclysm. For the Horde!
  6. Sep 26, 2012
    Very fun expansion to an already legendary game. It's definitely worth it to play as a Panda, questing can be the same old same old at times, but it's still worth it to play. I love it!
  7. Sep 26, 2012
    Not sure why all the bad reviews, loads more areas to explore, battle pets are a great idea. Same with cross realm play. Give it a chance, there are always bugs with new games/expansions. Loving my new Panda - highly recommend!!
  8. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if youIts the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if you were burnt out of WoW. I vowed never to return but im having so much fun I dont regret it one bit. MUST PLAY! Expand
  9. Sep 26, 2012
    It is worth noting that the majority of negative or zero reviews are clearly (and at times admittedly) made by people who stopped playing WoW a while ago.

From those who have actually played Mists, the reviews are very positive. This was the smoothest launch of any MMO or expansion that I have ever seen. The artwork is beautiful - some of Blizzard's best - and the graphics engine continues to be updated with new lighting effects, full DirectX 11 support, and now a native 64-bit client.

Mists adds many new features and systems to the game, including a new race, a new class, the simple-but-addictive Pet Battle system, a new form of Lore discovery, accountwide achievements and mounts, revised PvP systems and mechanics, completely revised specialization and talent systems, and more. It also introduces a ton of new content on top of all these systems-level improvements.

There is no other MMO on the market that can go toe-to-toe with WoW in terms of the single player questing experience or the competitive endgame PvE experience (raiding). Mists reaffirms WoW's dominance in these areas. I wish Blizzard would pay more attention to the PvP side of the game, and that remains my biggest gripe with the product. Damage remains too bursty, crowd control too oppressive, and composition too determinative.

I think anyone would enjoy Mists. But I can especially say that anyone who has ever enjoyed WoW would love Mists. This expansion is a sort of renaissance for the game, and I believe fans will look back years from now and say that Mists was WoW's finest expansion, finally beating out Burning Crusade in fans' hearts and minds.
  10. Sep 26, 2012
    I've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to betterI've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to better optimize and balance classes. Pandaria is by far the most beautifully crafted continent and is so brilliant that the rest of Azeroth seems dated. You can tell that Blizzard developers have truly listened to the majority of their player base and worked hard to improve upon past miss-steps. Expand
  11. Sep 26, 2012
    I'm really enjoying it so far. I wonder if all the negative reviews have played it at all. I don't mind the graphics being a little lower-quality than the nicest-looking games out there. The graphics are still nice if you have them on the highest settings, and it's easier to play this game on an older machine because it does not have insane minimum requirements.

Another solid game

Another solid game .Battle pets are fun, guild experience comes more easily.
  12. Sep 26, 2012
    I've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't reallyI've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't really get why people are bashing the "cartoonish" style graphics....that is Warcraft identity, hating on Panda's? so much for playing Gnomes, talking cows, and space aliens with beard tentacles.....i was skeptical at first if this was a reason for me to subbing again, i tried it out, and enjoyed it. And to the people that say its simplified....have you ever tried it long enough?.......i should know, i've seen the changes to the talent system since Vanilla, though "simplified" or "dumbed down" as you people might seem it be, i think it's the closest thing to being able to be diverse as the hybrid talent system ways it has been since vanilla, they removed the "cookie cutter" talent mold that most of us just copy and paste, i do agree that the same old grind is still there, i used to be a hard core raider back in vanilla and bc, i started to be more of a casual in Wrath and Cata, not the biggest fan of Blizz mechanics, and most of the time i am part of the /ragequit guild like most of the lost subs....but like i said, playing that first 6-8 hours was refreshing and i am somewhat positive that i will be able to enjoy this game again. Expand
  13. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have vexed that so many people seem to judge this game on the first day of the release, while not only it is impossible for them to have viewed all the content that is to be seen, but also, never actually bring up in details the game's changes from its previous releases. I myself neither have however managed to see all of the content, but I will give my review based on first impressions of the game and try to avoid the hateful hivemind that seems to be omnious amongst the user reviews of this game.

First of all, let's take a look at the changes in abilities: A lot of people complain about losing their talent trees, but personally, I find it much more convenient. Lets face it, there never was any freedom with it anyway, everyone used a base set and built upon it. No creativity, everyone was the exact same. Taking away the old talent system is a good grief, whilst the new talents now give you freedom as they are all viable and all have their own amount of helpfulness. This gives people the oportunity to have a gameplay that is more like "them", and the new rotations are refreshing. Whilst some got a little stern (Such as Arms warrior, but this is based on a personal opinion), some other however seem to have gotten viable, while they used to be simply useless. For instance, Fury warriors were often laughably slow and rage starved, while now, they have less rage issue than arm warriors and are fast (And very fun!). The addition of a new class is always refreshing, but of course, there will always be unsatisfied people. The only thing I however have to complain about in terms of abilities are the power of healing. While level capped people don't seem to have a problem with it, level 85 healing is crazy and makes PVP against hybrids (I'm talking about DPSes with the ability to use healer spells, like a shadowpriest or a boomkin) very unfair. This was something mostly notable since patch 5 before MoP's actual release.

Now, let's move on to the quests and storyline. We're not talking about a huge, revolutionary and amazing questline, but it's a good and refreshing change of pace. For two expensions in a row we've been stuck with an end of the world scenario and a big villain that must be killed, or otherwise he will destroy the world (Deathwing, Lich King). This got pretty stern, and it didn't feel like the story was moving alot, altough Cataclysm's story DOES have a very important change that effects Mists: Garrosh becoming leader.

In the mists, the alliance and the horde keep their old battle against eachother, nothing unusual. But then the island is discovered, with a neutral faction upon it, and another threat; when war is brought upon Pandaria, hatred becomes corruption. It makes you think, is this fight between the alliance and the horde even worth it anymore? Is it even right? But it's hard to hold back as both faction have an extremely different approach on Pandaria. The alliance seems to try to stay as pacific as possible towards the Pandaren, with Anduin going on his own to help the people, while Garrosh, on his side, is REALLY pushing it, almost coming in as a tyrant to the horde (this is specifically felt when speaking to Paw'Don NPCs, as alliance).

That said, it's a nice change of pace from the "End of the world coming, big bad guy, must kill him" scenario. It instead makes you think about the fight between the horde and the alliance, the reasons behind it, and its consequences. It makes the whole PVP deal a lot more immersive.

Speaking of immersion, pandaria does that very well. All the zones are beautiful and unique, they're nothing like the rest of the world, and that's a breath of fresh air. The oriental mood is gorgeously executed and the music is (FINALLY) exploited to add to the mood and feeling of the game. The major NPCs (Such as the SI:7 agents) all have their own voices, and thus, feel like they're actually characters, and not just a generic person you will only meet once in the game to then forget about them forever. They feel important, and even charismatic on top of it.

The armors also have a great look. The purchasable armor gives people who have rushed their toons to 85 before the release a mean of having a good questing set, and avoids you from getting the old "Outlands clown armor" issue.

In many ways, the Mists of Pandaria are a great change of pace from Cataclysm. Some aspects of the game have been made more accessible and more enjoyable for all, while at the same, more chalenging content remains available (Such as Challenge mode, which is probably going to make PVE more intense that it ever was). The new areas have a unique feeling to them, the story makes MoP stand out of the previous expacs, and the list of goodies goes on, and this is just from a few hours of gameplay.
  14. Sep 26, 2012
    This is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck inThis is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck in the old WoW ways that they can't even adapt to a newer, better version. Learn to accept change, people. You and your community make me ashamed to be a gamer. Expand
  15. Nov 6, 2012
    The scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo theThe scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo the xpax, so far in pandaria i already have 5 days, it is incredible, you owe it to yourself to try it, whether you are a fan of WoW or not, the game is not childish, all the quests are dark and murderous, just how we like them Expand
  16. Sep 25, 2012
    So far, less than 12 hours after launch its too early to give a representative score. I wouldnt read too much into the scored given, check the history and you will see they post 10 for guild wars 2 which means ofcourse they are going to give a 0 to MOP.

The release could of gone better for sure, but every single MMO can say they same, they all have problems to start with. This part did frustrate me, especially with Blizzard promising the most bug free launch ever. They simply didnt deliver on that.

In terms of content, I am really pleased with what I have seen, the Monk class is great fun, the Panda race add an interesting element, and the impacts of Horde V Alliance ultimatly disrupting the natural balance of the area really is an interesting concept, which so far has worked really well.

For me so far the best parts have been 3 fold: Talent trees, the direction blizzard has gone is the future. Cookie cutter doesnt give choice, as everyone picks the same, so really there is no choice. With the new talent trees the choices are real and there isnt any right or wrong answer only your own play style.

Secondly Challange mode. I am really excited about speed runs, we used to do something similar inguild with 2 10 man raid groups forming at the same time competing to who would finish first. This gives it an upgrade and gives standard gear for everyone.

Scenarios. This element adds group questing as well as allowing for standard queueing, working towards common goals. I think wow players dont want to work with people becide them by default. I curse the screen when someone pulls my mob, I like that element. Scenarios means if I want to work with others I can do, and offers massive flexibility, with story scenarios allowing people to see first hand the lore.

I am really pleased so far, and would recommend people to ignore the marmite guidl wars fan buoy reviews given so far
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    Well impressed so far with my MOP experience, the game is taking a fun step back in the right direction. to all of you voting 0...all i can say is that you have set yourself up for failure from the get go.
  18. Sep 26, 2012
    Blizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansionBlizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansion they have done. Kudos to Blizzard for sticking with their plan and not catering to the elitist gamers who make up the vocal minority that doesn't like it. Expand
  19. Sep 26, 2012
    This is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked onThis is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked on that a lot of mmos usually overlook. The new areas are magical and genuinely exciting to explore. Entering a new quest hub is always interesting and the little story of that area is always fun. The new dungeons are fresh and fun. The normal modes for leveling are not overly challenging but are still good fun. There will be plenty of challenge at level 90. The music and voice acting really help immerse you in the world and allow you, as a player to get lost in the magic that is Pandaria.

Overall if you were unsure about this game because of all the negativity it has received from trolls I say try it yourself and make your own decision. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.
  20. Sep 25, 2012
    Maybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait forMaybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait for quests. Why you think there wouldn't be should tell you how disconnected you are to the game and it's massive fanbase. Sadly, bug do plague the experience. Kinda sad that it's expected so I really won't deduct points (maybe 1 point). I'll be first to admit I was very skeptical and even trash talked WoW after the new patch. "Too easy" and "dumbed down" were my words....well that and "even retarded kittens can play this now". I'm excited to say with the new content it has been a tad more difficult however, not enough to give a higher score. If your like me and wanted more, this game does have it...you just need to look for it. Expand
  21. Sep 25, 2012
    As I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, butAs I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, but the visuals are fantastic (considering the circumstances), and the Asian based theme is the best zone idea yet (despite the panda thing). Disallowing flying correctly allows for you as the player to be humbled and fully appreciate the epic proportions of the zone. The expansion offers a more effective and intuitive talent system, new and improved dynamic battlegrounds, and a massive new story line with ever more engaging quests. I can see how people who do more PVE think they have been under represented in this expansion, but consider how PVPers have felt for quite some time now. Unfortunately, if you are on the badly losing side of a PVP server, you might be pretty frustrated at times, especially in the early stages of the release. In your best interest, don't listen to a lot of the unreasonably negative reviews, but if you do, I don't care. Blizzard Entertainment is majorly owned (just over 50%) by the French conglomerate 'Vivendi SA' nowadays, and I'm not interested in supporting French corporations at the moment as much as I would like people to think rationally when they analyze any piece of intellectual property. Expand
  22. Sep 25, 2012
    how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90 and trying the new heroics and eventually the raids now :) I do think just 2 new dungeons up to 90 is poor though.thanks to any of you who cried yesterday and rage quitted the game,you've stopped all the lag lol like i said at the start you cant review a game after 1 day but felt i should offset some of the crying kids reviews who must have bought the expansion and then gave up after a few hours Expand
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

Mists is definitely the smartest expansion from Blizzard. Some of the more pointless things in the game, such as hunters using mana, casting time on slam, healers using talent points for dispells, Soul Shards in bags, reagents for spells and grinding keys to enter dungeons are gone. The reason? Simply because they went against the shaping of the game. Warriors should never be casting. You shouldn't need to grind an item just to get into a dungeon. Etc.

The talent point system was in dire need of being revamped. PvP-wise, several classes were forced into one spec for viability, but now all specs share common qualities, giving a more diverse environment. There was never any freedom with the old system. During WotLK, it was still a basic cookie cutter and it was just as worse in Cata. When you see a lock, warrior, shaman...you could be facing any spec. There are numerous combinations. Blizzard has gone back to it's TBC/WotLK days, where you level on a separate continent with distinct zones so you can finish a zone, obtain one level, and then move on to the next zone, which definitely makes you feel more involved with the expansion rather than questing, leveling, taking a portal to a new place, and repeating the process all over again.

Speaking of leveling, the grind for 85 to 90 is horrendous. Casually playing, it took something like 5-8 hours per level. The diverse zones make it slightly bearable, but everyone in my guild and on my server complained about the length. However, most people can relate to the grind from the original 1 to 60 before we had Looking For Dungeons. People asked for a harder game, and the grind was perfect in terms of The new raids are definitely going to leave some people puzzled. The architecture for Vaults is painstakingly similar to Ulduar. There is a similar trash grind that resets if you fail to kill a boss, and the bosses offer a much stronger complexity (which you will have to judge for yourself). Whereas last expansion, almost all guilds burned through the entire normal tier without any effort, only 3 guilds on my server have down the first 3 bosses, and there is only 1 guild in the world who has finished all 6...and this is just normal mode.

The game is different and time will tell how this expansion goes. There's definitely a number of things to do and it offers a strong hand to casuals and hardcore alike. I give it a 9 because I do not think Blizzard will ever outdo themselves and return to their 12 million subs. The content is fun and enjoyable, the mechanics are new, and it definitely seemed like a more "close-to-home" expansion that it's predecessor. World of Warcraft is far from "dying" and it's the top MMO for another year.

Typical reviews on here are just plain wrong and lack any intellectual thought. I'm writing this one one day after content was released, so if you're ready any of the reviews before October 2nd, you are reading reviews of people who have yet to touch the new raids, compete in arenas, try out new BG's, and so forth. Basically, you're reading the reviews of people who haven't even played this game yet. That is no way to judge a game.
  24. Jun 3, 2014
    4.x User score?? ...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is ... negatives. Yep 540 negatives and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing. Great game, best MMO. Vivala Blizz.
  25. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has so many features that it is like owning several games in one - player verses player, player verses environment, pet verses pet, players working as teams to accomplish goals.

Great graphics and back stories Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult

Great graphics and back stories

Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult and teenage children for years. This is an easy way to stay in touch and have fun together as a family.
  26. Sep 19, 2013
    I was subbed to WoW for possibly 3 years straight, once Cataclysm came along I re-subbed and play for about a month.

After Diablo 3 and Cataclysm I started to sour on my Blizzard love. I had been an avid fan of the company since I was in 4th grade with Warcraft I. Pandaria seemed like a joke to me, it seemed a casual ploy. And maybe it is to a degree. I remember the first days of the

I remember the first days of the original WoW.... how long everything took. It really felt like getting to level 60 was going to be a huge achievement. But, thank goodness they did away with that level of grind so that you would be able to level a couple of classes a little quicker and get to your raid.

On a whim I recently decided to get Mists for $20. Watched the GameTrailers review and I trust that guy.

I am delighted with this expansion; I feel somewhat bad that I never gave this expansion a chance from the very beginning. I cannot devout a lot of time to any video game and I wish WoW would have gone F2P as well, but while I play this expansion I realize why it has not. There is a reason I am not still playing GW2, or Neverwinter, or any of the countless other pieces of MMOs. WoW still has creativity, it still has a vibrant soul that I cannot deny. I am glad I was able to unfurl it's claw from my mind for a while, but nonetheless roaming through it's world is a wonder.

MoP may not be nearly as ambitious as other WoW expansions and this, I find, to be it's strongest suite. The design is tight, questing is streamlined, the environments open. I loved stumbling upon a small village with 3 tight quests then journeying on-wards through majestic environments that recall the original WoW to some degree.

The sound design is solid, the new zones are solid and more down-to-Earth in a WoW sense, pop-culture references abound (the whole thing somewhat based on Rashomon), whimsical, goofy and actually slightly matured and extremely polished.

The game may not be innovative, but this is WoW. Ultima Online was more ambitious and innovative than WoW years before WoW ever set foot. It's no big deal, innovation was never in the cards for WoW even though it tore this whole genre into such a specific and emulated genre no one has been able to touch the magic Blizzard created. Blizzard once again prove with this expansion that they are design geniuses; they realize what they have, what works and what does not and what I see here is something in a perfected and under-appreciated form. The pandas work, the voice acting where it is, is great, the story is actually somewhat decent. But, at it's heart It is truly magical escapism at it's finest, beautiful and subtle. I will gladly pay another two months of sub fees to take in it's glory to a fuller extent.
  27. Sep 22, 2013
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot beWorld of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot be challenged by any game on the world. So for the Content i would give WoW 100/100 points for this About the Design: This game got a lot of characters 2 Worlds designed by Blizzard Entertainment. The staff did a good job giving the players 2 planets with a lot of area designed a lot of characters hairstyles etc. This game is one of the best games on the World if you judge it right. This game requires a lot of word especially at lv 90 on PvP or Pve It needs more time to get PvP and Pve Gear on both primary and secondary talents. Lets judge the lore behind the game: I have always been a fan of WoW lore because it got so many characters and leaders with their long stories. The Lore of WoW is one of the biggest stories in the world. I always think that the lore is one of the important parts of the game. Going back to desing There are a lot of wearing that characters use on WoW which are also designed by blizzard entertainment. WoW its one of the best games in the world if you judge it right. WoW doesnt have high level graphic but that doesnt mean that playing it will not be fun.

As for the poor gamers here who rate it 0 or 10 learn to judge a game and stop writing foolishes about it. You are not rating the game you are writting just things that you experience.
  28. Jul 28, 2013
    Resubscribed about a month ago after having played during Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I myself scoffed initially at the concept and made the same generic "Kung Fu Panda" jokes everyone else did. But that was until I looked further and actually started playing the game.

While the atmosphere of Mists of Pandaria is not nearly as epic as the air of uncertainty that came with advancing upon the Lich King- an impressive antagonist steeped in WoW's Lore- it is obvious that Blizzard was attempting to break the formula. The style of MoP is radically different than that of any expansion in regards to its artistic style. Whereas the landscapes added in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, though beautiful and far more detailed, did not strike me as being terribly different from content in the base game, Mists of Pandaria immediately stood out. You are told that you are being thrust into a strange new land, and damn it, Blizzard delivers it.

For the Lore-aholics that resent the direction WoW's story has taken, be at ease. The Pandaren (Though I take no issue with them) are not the central characters of Mists of Pandaria. The story revolves primarily around the Alliance and Horde- lead by King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Garrosh Hellscream- taking of advantage of Pandaria and its denizens in a final attempt to end one another. While the Pandaren play an important part, you will find that characters introduced in the past of World of Warcraft seize more prominent roles.

Like them or not, it is overkill to say that the Pandaren ruin the game. Especially considering that there are already bear-people like the Furbolg. The only reason it seems far-fetched is because of Kung Fu Panda.
  29. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  30. Oct 4, 2012
    The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1 point. To those that feel the game is the 'same ol' same ol' - I agree it is still wow. They didn't change how the game is played. But, in my opinion, I didn't want a 'new' game, in the same way that I don't want them to change how baseball is played from season to season. It has expanded the current game, hence the term 'expansion'. They don't change the rules of baseball just because there is a new season do they? Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]