4.6

1. Sep 25, 2012
    Poor design, poorly planned out, causal-ized skills, bad launch. This xpac will be the downfall of WoW. Crossrealm is interesting, however it's lead to camp-the-spawn world PVP. Piles of bones at spawn and portal points. The expansion quests - mobbed with players trying to do "spawns once every 10 minutes" destroyable objects. Severe bottleneck quests that have long cinematic scenes, and require certain objects to be destroyed. Seriously, you'd think blizzard - with hundreds of millions in revenue, near a decade of running an MMO ... would they know how to design and run one? It's falling apart, it's like they want to destroy it. I didn't think there could be a step down from Cata, but there IS. And Mists of Pandaria - is it. Don't buy it if you haven't bought it. It's bad. Expand
  2. Dec 28, 2012
    This is a game for little kids.
    Full of cartoony things,they removed real talents,gave nothing to the storyline,ni epicness.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0.
    i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without
    storyline.I hoped the realise and fix their mistakes of cataclysm,but 2bad they ruined 2 games,only starcraft franchise remains,and they made me not buy that after what they did with diablo and wow.
    thanks for reading have fun on cracked servers or **** up yourself with pandas playin pokémon.
  3. Dec 21, 2012
    I have been loyal to blizzard since Pre-BC. I loved BC. WotLK...that's when I stopped.

However, CatA came out and I said "Hey why not!" It was an entirely different world of warcraft. When I was 15 - I said "LFG VC!" No one knew what I was talking about. It wasn't until an older player messaged me saying "umm..he's dead." and gave me a full run down of the new WoW. Leveling up to
    85...I was shocked at how easy tanking was now. It was pathetic! People would storm into mobs and not care about aggro! It was going against everything I learned! Remember "tanking" lessons back in Pre and BC? Yeah - apparently that went out the window in WotLK. Remember good old Nax? It was floating in the air!!! Ok, so I got to 85, did the entire "gear thing" which was REALLY easy (seriously). I was disappointed...then Pandas. Ok. Blizzard said it's fixed things and made things fun.

I will NEVER EVER play a blizzard game again! I do not trust them! D3 was a disaster...but this panda BS is terrible! The community is rotten, the gameplay is good for a 5 year old, and RP is dead.
  4. Sep 29, 2012
    Blizzard really needs to re-learn how to make fun games. Nothing new, same old stuff with more ilvl, same old crafting materials, and questing is still boring.
  5. Sep 28, 2012
    Pandas... Excellent, here's a 0 for blizzard. If i could I'd give it -1000. The graphics look like a turd, I have seen PS2 games look better than WoW. Good job blizzard.
  6. Oct 1, 2012
    Pandas? Just not fun. There are better games out there. Just an excuse to extend WOW subscriptions. Over simplified skill trees, and overly simplified game.
  7. Oct 24, 2012
    It seems that wow new extension is going in the wrong direction, many of the fun is lost by oversimplified skills ans systems, and the original feeling of warcraft is lost to me. I feel like playing a different game, but an old one. The only good point is that wow is still a good place to meet many of my friends, but not much to enjoy the game. I suggest that blizzard go for a wow2 with new graphics and back to orc vs humans rather than stretching the warcraft fluff. Expand
  8. Sep 29, 2012
    Terrible xpac. The cut scenes are atrocious and truly has started catering to a new generation of kids out there with pandas. They have removed skill trees from the game and they pretty much spoon feed you your skills now. No longer are there skill trees that you need to think through and try out.

The graphics are a decent update but the core content of the game is what drives me and
    this falls flat on its face for sure. For those that are giving high scores for this game, I'm not certain what game they are playing but this is not a great game. Such a shame that once a proud and great company that produced quality games and make tonnes of money are only concerned now with making tonnes of money and not quality games. It's time to shelve the WoW series as Mist of Pandaria is a nail in their coffin for enjoyment. Expand
  9. Oct 14, 2012
    Ok, I may lose credibility right off the bat for saying this, but pandas? really? I know they were in the warcraft games, but they were barely even covered. Why go this route when there are so many other options available, such as the emerald dream, or what happened to alleria and turalyon? Or we could have even fought sargeras and it still would have been more plausible than this BS. My second issue is that this "new" continent is just a reskinned northrend, there is no originality here people. Third, the talent tree changes are just bad, it throws off what balance the classes had, meaning that there is no class balance anymore. Fourth, the community blows ass now, it was bad in cata, but it's even worse here, and when a community sucks in a game which requires massive cooperative effort, you've got a serious **** problem. Fifth, the game brings nothing new to the table, it's just more of the same, get to level cap, grind for gear, grind for more gear, make a new character, rinse and repeat. Sorry people, but if you were looking for something refreshing and new or anything good, go somewhere else, this game sucks now Expand
  10. Sep 25, 2012
    To start off the expansion, you're greeted with some of the most poorly done cut scenes ever done in a modern game. Terrible voice acting? When there is voice acting it's pretty bad, but even that's better than no voice acting at all - this is how most of the cut scenes are. Silent w/ text at the bottom.

Once you get past all of that, you'll find yourself on the isle of Pandaria -
    which in an of itself is not a bad looking place. However it becomes clear that this isn't much of an expansion, but rather a little bit more of the same old same old you've come accustomed to over the last couple of years. All in all, this is one to skip. Expand
  11. Sep 28, 2012
    Same old boring world of warcraft now catered for even younger kids in the 10-12 year age, god what has happend to MMO these days...Blizzard is panically milking the last money possible out of their costumer base before everyone leaves.
  12. Oct 2, 2012
    I've played WOW since vanilla, I'm a guild leader, heroic raid leader/tank. I have already got 2 level 90's and 10+ 85's. This game is simply out of date and therefore scores 0 as its no longer relevant to the genre. The developer ruined Diablo now they are in the process of ruining Warcraft. This expansion is obviously a blatant marketing campaign to garner support in Asia. I am not a fan of Pandas nor Asian architecture. I am a fan of dragons, undead knights and a struggle between good and evil BUT I am forced to eat humble pie by a company that I wont give any of my money to. Guild Wars 2 - modern, more mature player base, sane designers. Mists of Pandaria you are such a disappointing end to whats been a great ride. Expand
  13. Oct 8, 2012
    This game is the boring same old, same old. Barely any new content (despite what others are saying). A reduced skill system and a declining player base make for a game that's dead in the water.

They needed to stop at WoTLK and maybe perhaps try to make another MMO. For those who are new to WoW and not familiar with what it "used" to be like and the old skill system which was far
    better.. this game will probably be gold to you.

If your a current or returning player, well you'd have to be a complete and utter fool to think this expansion is good and added anything new.
  14. Sep 29, 2012
    Honestly, it is just pure stealing now. They have created something that feels tacky and dull. Honestly, do yourself a favor and buy yourself GW2. In GW2, you don't pay out the nose for an enjoyable experience and the plays so much better.
  15. Sep 25, 2012
    Can they dumb down the formula anymore? Why pay Blizzard to spoon feed you and treat you like a baby incapable of independent thought? I'm actually OK with Pandas, but the talents have been butchered beyond recognition. And, yay...Pokémon battles. This expansion looks like it will be the beginning of the end for the mighty "King of MMORPGs".
  16. Sep 25, 2012
    Can't believe I bought this game. The whole idea of it should have turned me off from the get go, but loyalty to the series made me want to try it. The game has become a simplistic MMO that requires very little time and effort to play, which is not what I'm looking for. A dumbing down of a genre is what were seeing here.
  17. Sep 25, 2012
    I think by now we can all agree that they should erase this game and Cata from WoW History. Metsin needs a reality check. Sure pandas isn't the worst idea, but it's not what this game needed to be saved. I miss the slight complexity of the first three expansions. It's all downhill from here.
  18. Sep 25, 2012
    Going from cata to this was a bad idea from the start, I was worried this would attract a younger audience, and I can already tell it HAS, my realm has so many panda races now, and all the new people don't know how to play and type like 12 year old's. WORST EXPANSION.
  19. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard dropped the ball even before Cata, they made players wait 9 additional months for content, including making the PvP season that lasted 9 months total rather than the normal 3 months. They basically just said FU to their player base and told us to wait. Whats funny is this company used to be awesome, now its trash. This is what happens when you sell out to **** Bobby, he is a business man, and not a gamer. Everquest 3 is the only MMO that I am looking forward to, lets hope they releases some info on it soon. Death to WoW. Expand
  20. Sep 25, 2012
    This expansion adds no innovative features to the game at all and only further shows that WoW is a shell of its former self. They have slowly begun releasing less and less regular updates to their games while keeping the $180 a year fee. All of the "new" features to this game are just different forms of scaling or, in the case of companion battles, just complete copies of other games/genre ideas. If there was ever a time to refrain from buying a WoW expansion it would be now. Expand
  21. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard has insulted their player base with this lackluster expansion. If you thought Cata was bad, wait until you see Pandaria! This game might be ok for very small children due to it's extreme simplicity, ease of play, and cartoony graphics....... if it wasn't for the vile community. They somehow managed to dumb down the talent trees even further, taking all thought out of character development. Graphics and gear are a joke. Gameplay is still slow and sluggish, and feels outdated. Out of everything bad about this expansion, the Pandas have to be the worst part. They look ridiculous. Even in a game full of ridiculous creatures, the Pandas stand out as being overwhelmingly childish and lame. There are so many better mmos out there, and a lot of them are free. There is no reason to pay $15 a month for this horrible game anymore.

Please do not support or waste your money on this trash.
  22. Sep 25, 2012
    Absolutely horrible. Can't believe I was duped into buying this turd. WoW is dead, the Pandas killed it. Maybe the under 12 crowd could enjoy this game now, but no adult could possibly take this game seriously any more. So sad.
  23. Sep 29, 2012
    This review is by my spouse and is intended for parents only.

Dear Responsible Parents,

As a WOW player and a mother, I use to love playing World of Warcraft with my children. World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria brought a (feature) known as (CRZ) or cross realm zones. Our family had separate accounts for each family member. The children accounts were monitor to insure they were on a
    parental approved server. Our family oriented community (server) was ruined because of a (feature) known as CRZ.

How was this ruined you asked? Our servers did a great job policing them and make things safe for the children. Now we are merged with M-rated servers. General Chat, Trade Chat, ETC is now filled with:

"Hey man let's kill some F___ts"
    "Dude I just sucked a pregnant woman's ____"

All communicated in vivid detail. I may be 100% pro-human rights, but I also want to keep my children shielded away from the R-rated parts of what people do in the bathroom stalls of a gay-bar. While I understand what Proudmoore represents (I am happy they found a safe-haven) I did not want my children exposed to the above straight, gay or otherwise. We avoided creating create characters on Proudmoore, Blackrock, ETC for a reason.

To make things worse, currently you have no way to report players of another server for language, harassment, or discrimination. The in-game feature is bugged and does not work. If you manually create a ticket, you get an automated response of "Dear ____ please use our in-game report feature for assistance on this topic." If you write a ticket on the forum you get "This is better suited for using the in-game report feature." I am not sure why Blizzard Blue Posts have failed to notify the Customer Service Department on a now ongoing 4 week old bug.

Because of the lack of policing, World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria is now promotes hatred, bigotry and discrimination. I implore all concerned parents to avoid purchase World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria for their children. This has changed an otherwise family friendly game (given the right server) into a family avoid game.

Good parents say no to World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria because of the negative implication associated with CRZ.

A Concerned Parent
  24. Sep 25, 2012
    Most of the people leaving positive reviews here have only played this expansion for less than a day. Having played the Mists of Pandaria beta extensively, I can tell you that it is by far the worst World of Warcraft expansion yet. I would not recommend it for anyone.
  25. Sep 25, 2012
    There is really nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said. Have fun with 8-10 year olds and blizzard fanboys. Stay away from this game.
  26. Sep 25, 2012
    Just overall a very poorly designed, poorly thought out expansion. Right off the bat you can tell that this expansion was designed with one goal in mind: Damage control. It is in it's entirety seems to have been produced only to attempt to recuperate subscribers. Tons of childish memes, Farmville, and a poor Pokemon rip-off don't help their case for a very serious title. Also the fact that this game has yet to UPDATE IT'S GRAPHICS, is really awful. If you're playing a race from The Burning Crusade and below, your character literally looks like it has been ported off of Nintendo 64. Quite frankly, the disparity between expansion graphics is astoundingly large, with each subsequent race appearing better than the next. I would also like to point out that most of, if not all the animations are shared, and rip-offs of animations that had already been in the game prior. One of the worst features of all has got to be the sheer simplification of the game. The removal of most of what made 'WoW', 'WoW' has had a profound effect on the game. Everything is literally handed to you on a silver platter. Gear, gold, you name it. It's yours. All you have to do is wait. Minimal effort, maximum reward. Talents are literally must picks. As there may be smaller amounts to choose from, the obvious dps increase, or heal increase, or mitigation talents are stupid obvious in terms of picking, leading to little or no care for learning how your class actually functions. On top of all that, recent features have given way to a near unplayable game. CRZ, or 'Cross Realm Zones' has allowed servers to group based on population deficiencies. However, it sounds great in theory, but what was supposed to make the world feel more alive, has actually contributed to it's downfall. Zones literally overlap, and if you're an unfortunate soul on a PvE or RP server, you're currently grouped with PvP servers. Do the math, you're pretty much fair game. If you're on a PvP server initially, have fun questing. As random ganking was the norm back in WoW's hay-day, World PvP has devolved into a 24/7 gank fest reminiscent of a private server. This unfortunate circumstance has lead to a near unplayable situation for those under level cap on PvP servers. In closing, I recommend those who view these reviews DO NOT purchase Mists of Pandaria, or even WoW as a whole if you can help it. The game has sadly devolved into too much of a mess. So much so that it's almost as if Blizzard could care less about their own game, so much as you just keep paying and don't mind the awfulness around you. Expand
  27. Sep 25, 2012
    The panda starting zone is mind numbingly boring. Not to mention how cheesey the pandas look. Whenever I see a panda running around I feel embarrassed to even be playing the game. Sub has been cancelled, game has been ruined. Sorry Blizzard but you just arent the same anymore :(
  28. Sep 25, 2012
    Same old game, just more gimmicks and trying to appeal to an entirely different demographic.

Rush to level cap, get on the gear treadmill. Nothing new, save what looks to be a Facebook rip-off and Pokemon.
  29. Sep 25, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria - approved for ages Age 4+
    Save your money! It's almost like the business model for this expansion and WOW is the same as the big tobacco companies. The whole point of this expansion is to bring in really young players to try and replace the older player base. There is nothing new with the game. The first quest I did I flew in a copter and had to kill 60 mobs....but
    there was only one option. Press the number one every 4 seconds while the thing drove itself. No other choices to make but repeatedly pressing the number 1 for 10 minutes. It was clearly designed for a little kid. This is really sad too. Having been a Warcraft player since Orcs and Humans in the 90's I got this out of almost pure habit. I should have saved my money. Not worth $15 a month. This game barely could hold its own in the Free to Play category. It was a good run. RIP WOW :( Expand
  30. Sep 25, 2012
    Simply too terrible for words. I have lost all faith in Blizzard. This would be a good kid's game or starter mmo, but the player base is much too abrasive and abominable.
  31. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I will say i loved world of warcraft in the the past. I loved Wolk and somewhat liked cata. But now they make this? This is the largest game failure that i have ever seen, sadly i bought it despite it being very childish and dumb as hell.So i play this game and it is absolutly terrible. First of all it is very easy, and second the game is designed for 9 year olds who play games that make no since.I would talk for day about the story flaws and how dumb it is, but i will sum it up: Huge island no one ever noticed gets discovered somehow,very childish storyless pandas meet you, stupid flawed story that makes no since happens, no main boss that makes since. Now i made that as short as i could because i could say all its flaws all day. So you can give this money whore blizzard 15 dollars a month to play a very stupid flawed game for 9 year olds, or you could stop and say **** you blizzard you guys need to make content that is logical and entertaining Example: burning crusade.I hate this game so much. Please don't buy it blizzard needs to learn from its mistakes and make content that is not childish and completely stupid. Expand
  32. Sep 25, 2012
    WoW was fun... I mean, some years ago, burning crusade...

MoP is very very very bad...this game is out...

Now we have TSW, GW2, SWTOR even Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2.

WoW = GAME OVER

Bye bye Kunfu panda...
  33. Sep 25, 2012
    The game is about as innovative as the abacus and as complex as a brick. There were many flaws in beta, but they went through with the launch anyway. I suppose they had to since Blizzard left the game untouched for a year. Not supporting your current product to release a watered down "expansion" speaks volumes of Blizzard's rabid cash grab. We can certainly expect more of the same in the future.
  34. Sep 25, 2012
    Before I purchased MOP, I had a some resentment towards blizzard. I've played the game for years and paid a lot of $ for my three active accounts. My resentment grew as I feel that Blizzard was no longer designing the game for it's loyal customers. I hesitated, and upgraded to mop on release day. That's when the resentment was pushed over to hate. Problems with logging in to loading screens taking 5 mins to load to getting stuck questing. Now I feel blizzard is intentionally making the game a chore to play rather than enjoyable. NO FLYING IN MOP?!?!?! wth. I feel like I'm being punished by Blizzard. I play a shaman, a class that has always been in the mid to bottom of the pack in pve. I'm sorry Blizzard, though MOP looks nice and interesting, the overwhelming feeling that you are punishing me for playing is why I decided to create this account on metacritic and give you this bad review. Expand
  35. Sep 26, 2012
    I hope blizz will finally open their eyes and stop this madness.

I dont hate them but i really dont expect much from them like before.

But i still have big hopes in "Titan" MMO.
  36. Sep 26, 2012
    Pathetic! That's all I can really say about MoP. Wasted $40 and a whole day playing this trash. Also, it should be noted that most of the positive reviews are just trolls making multiple accounts trying to inflate the games score.
  37. Sep 26, 2012
    I took a chance and bought mists of panda land and am now feeling serious buyers remorse. Never again. This is definitely the most disappointing expansion and there's really nothing good I can say about it. You might like this if you are completely brain-dead or 8 years old. Blizzard has solidified WoW's position as the ultimate kiddie mmo, and the joke of the mmo world. The only people who will be left playing in a month are the fanbois and angry children. I'd rather play swtor than WoW after pandaland. I am so very disappointed. I would recommend not buying this if you haven't already. Expand
  38. Sep 26, 2012
    Gotta laugh at all the fanboys claiming everyone who doesn't like pandaria is a troll. Guess that makes me and 90% of the player base trolls because we all think MOP sucks!
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    WoW is dead to me Blizz refuses to accept Cross Realm Zones are the worst features they have ever implemented, not only for the ganking and griefing it is causing, there's also a huge lag since CRZ implementation wich never happened before the implementation of this infamous feature.
    I have heard that attunements in BC were frustrating but the level of grind with dailies rhis expansion
    brought has no comparison, and even tough they may be "optional", they are only if you don´t want to have any progression with your character.
    The most alt unfrienly exp that has ever been made, much needed resources to adress WoW critical issues wasted on the development of cheap copies of pokemon (pet battles) and farmville (tillers faction).
  40. Sep 26, 2012
    People giving this a positive review should be ashamed of themselves. All of the "10"s here prove that the Blizz fanbois will happily enjoy any turd blizzard bends over and plops on their plate. This expansion is awful and is a huge slap in the face to new and long time WoW fans. I could go on and on about how bad this xpac truly is, but everything has already been covered. Don't listen to the Blizzard drones! Expand
  41. Sep 26, 2012
    It's the same recycled stuff that brings nothing new to the table. Game has been dumbed down for casuals and isn't appealing to play anymore. Save your $15 a month and buy something else.
  42. Sep 26, 2012
    I was always hoping that it was just an april fool's joke, but no matter how much I try to convince myself that no company could be stupid enough to release a panda themed game as a successor to world of warcraft, I have to accept that it happened. As an adult, I could always defend playing WoW because it had the appearance of a gritty and dark game that wasn't geared towards children. How can I buy this game? How could I possibly defend purchasing or even playing this game? It would be like telling everyone I enjoy iCarly for wii, it's creepy. I don't care about broken features or more of the same, I would have been happy with the exact same expansion of wrath of the lich king with just the names changed. I wanted to give Blizzard my money, but there is no way I can justify the social and personal stigma of playing such a blatant childrens kung-fu panda video game. I'd rather just play solitaire. Expand
  43. Sep 26, 2012
    This expansion has ensured that I won't return to World of Warcraft anytime soon. It was poorly designed and has a boring setting. Blizzard has failed to address issues with the game, only adding more fluff and junk to it.
  44. Sep 26, 2012
    Entirely too much of the same thing. The gimmicks and the glitter do little to promote anything substantially different from what is really just a continuation of WoW as a whole. After Cataclysm, WoW should've had some serious changes made to a lot of the fundamentals of the game. The lack there-of in Mists speaks more to neglect and lazyness than it does to anything else.
  45. Oct 1, 2012
    Blizzard must have lost all of its competent employees, because the games they are putting out now are awful. Diablo was a thinly veiled excuse to funnel real money out of the auction house. This expansion for Wow is just a further dumbing down of the franchise to maximize cash whilst minimizing actual substance. This poor MMO needs to be euthanized and Blizzard's IPs need to be rescued before they are all destroyed. Expand
  46. Sep 26, 2012
    Blizzard have lost all their good devolopers to other companys. Just look how they **** up every **** expantion pack in a 4 years row now and every single **** title after WoW.

MoP delivered nothing new to the game except some **** chinese pandas. Same reskined bosses, same scripted boss fights , worthless pvp with no **** balance at all.
  47. Sep 26, 2012
    Not sure why the people who are giving good reviews feel the need to discredit and insult those who don't like the game. I personally was hoping pandaria would help WoW, but after playing for a few days I'm done. The expansion stinks. A well deserved 0/10.
  48. Sep 27, 2012
    Meh, stale unfortunately. The gameplay has not evolved in the slightest, and the mechanics further dumbed down. Eventually they'll be aiming at an age bracket that's in the negatives. Would have been acceptable in 2004 but that was a long time ago.

Disappointed after such a long wait.
  49. Sep 27, 2012
    I think it's obvious that a lot of the positive reviews here are from the same person....or maybe Blizzard employees trying to cover up how bad MoP really is? Anyway, the xpac is complete garbage and just about everyone I've seen in game is pretty upset about how bad it is. They did nothing to address the real issues and everyone pretty much feels cheated. Good job pissing off your players blizzard. Expand
  50. Sep 27, 2012
    Gotta laugh at all the good reviews claiming that people who don't like world of pandas have never even played it. guess what? I just got done playing it and it sucks! Wow is now a game for babies.
  51. Sep 27, 2012
    Unfortunately we've just been given a rather lucrative content patch. That said I'm going to give reasons why I'm rating this as negative as I am, WoW as a whole can be rated against a different scale, where-as I'm going to rate Pandaria's features, nothing more. First up is WoW's 'Pokemon' feature. Let me just say what a mess this has been so far. Absolutely rife with bugs currently. It also seems that STORE BOUGHT pets are inherently more powerful than in-game pets. Painting a rather disturbing picture if you know anything about how 'Pay-to-Win' works. Most pets don't have much to differentiate them other than names, as a lot of pets of the same type share models, save your store bought ones. The mere fact that this creates an entirely other aspect for WoW developers to focus on and balance, rather than the things that matter the most in the game is also perturbing, as we've yet to see what aspects of gameplay will suffer for it. Farmville.. I mean, need I say more. The idea of growing your own cooking mats is nice and all, but most people who haven't used the feature to it's fullest will quickly realize you can only grow a certain and select kind of mats, as well as a limited amount. There are no customization features, really, it's just a plot of land, instanced of course, with a few vegetables scattered around on the ground. In all reality it doesn't come close to it's unofficial name-sake, as I would say the that REAL Farmville offers more enjoyment than this mediocre side-show.

Pandaria. Well. It's Pandaria yes, cool story right? Wrong. The entire area has been cut off from flying mounts. This is of course a mixed blessing in some regards, but a great deal of it is a pain in the ass. Yes, I know, but 'flying mounts ruined the game'. In this case, the lack-there-of is a severe setback as we're literally stuck looking at this supposedly incredible area from one point of view. Flying mounts did a great deal to break up the monotony of linear questing, allowing users to enact some degree of flexibility as to where they quested, and overall just traverse the area better. Forcing players onto a set, linear path, with nothing to break up the grind monotony is just rude and plain boring.

Cross-Realm-Zones, easily the biggest fiasco this game has had in a long time. Rather than spell out it's issues here (there's a lot, I assure you), I'd redirect the user to these threads:

Graphics - They're unfortunately still the same, and now considered rather low-end. With original vanilla models looking like they just got ported in from N64's Banjo & Kazooie. With a Blizzard promise to update character models just recently being trashed in a developer interview, it looks like these abysmal models are here to stay.

Models - Unfortunately enough most of the 'new' models in the game are actually just reskins. If you were to pull up any 'new' mount for example, you could literally find a model dating back to Cataclysm or Wrath, even TBC (i.e. Pandaren Phoenix) that shares a model and animations with it. The lack of new and unique creativity once again in a WoW expansion has put a severe damper on this.

The new talent system is also a giant farce. It's literally dumbed down to the point at which an infant could pick the right talents for the right spec. And even then you'll be hard pressed to find any way you could possibly go outside of Blizzard's stringent policy of holding your hand throughout the game. The whole idea of not having to pick mandatory talents and discouraging min/maxing is still a crock, as not all talents are the same, leading to obvious choices being more.. obvious. Other than that Blizzard really fails to bring anything notable to the expansion. Most of which is unfortunately looking like a play to just recover subscribers from Cataclysm's meltdown. It is unfortunate to see another expansion off to such an awful start, but none-the-less if Blizzard can get it's head out of it's ass and start appealing to gamers, and not children, it may be worth coming back here at the end of the expansion and re-critiquing it.
  52. Jan 2, 2013
    Do you know why WoW was popular once? Did you feel it? Did you try the game when it came out in 2005? Did you then try this new one? Did you feel the difference? You would pay every single coin you got in your bank if they gave us back the first WoW game... this one is not WoW in my opinion and it's never going to be WoW again. WoW kept you addicted for YEARS and you would feckin love it. In 2005 you just need the World of Warcraft Classic and nothing else for your PC. It would take you MONTHS to level up your character and HOURS to earn money for good gear. THAT WAS REALISTIC. You can't describe it in words. If you didn't try the WoW Classic, Burning Crusade or Lich King you just missed the biggest chance you could ever have in this world. You couldn't get enough. I'm not a nerd :D but that game was not just a MONSTER, it was a BEAST... why? Because this game was full fun in a way it couldn't stop... it just couldn't. People were hangin around pups and drinking beer together, they were hanging around the mountains doing quests at night and eating food together.. they were communicating in a way you couldn't explain. It was good addiction. The game was FULL of gear and stuff. You could even be a workaholic because you need the money that bad to buy gear, mounts, food and much more. I loved this game. They every SINGLE detail of this game from start to scratch. That's why it isn't WoW in my opinion anymore. Why remove something your customers actually liked? Why not develope what they already pay for... the LOVE it... it's great. They just created an entire new game and called it WoW but that's not the game we once liked... that's just a totally new product. Expand
  53. Sep 27, 2012
    I am not sure what happened to WoW and why it happened. The game DOES not feel like WoW anymore. The player graphics are just horrid and you really notice this when your Night Elf is standing next to a Panda bear. They should not have released the game without updating 10 year old models that we see every second we are logged on. The monsters and instances are so dumbed down. I feel no real accomplishment at all. Not sure about you but I don't play video games to run around naked in Org / SW turning people into bunnies. I play for a gaming challenge. It's Blizzards own fault that they have catered to and spoiled gamers into their current shape. Players weren't this terrible in TBC, we ran very tough Heroics because people had to L2play. Now? I guess learning to play is too hard and too much to ask for.

There is nothing exciting or new about MoP, imo. It's just a gear reset, here comes the mindless gear grind all over again.

PvP is atrocious. I have already reached 90 and the same classes blow you up in seconds while your healer is in a 30 second CC chain. I love PvP, but have given up on WoW PvP entirely at this point and will sate my PvP thirst over at GW2.
  54. Sep 27, 2012
    What a horrible expansion. Absolutely no innovation, just more of the same but extremely dumbed down this time around. The new talent system is a joke and insults our intelligence, and the pandas running around look really really stupid. Huge disappointment.
  55. Sep 27, 2012
    Rehashed content, copy and pasted mobs and scenery, bland solo questing, completely uninspired landscapes and dungeons. The dungeons themselves are really bad rehashes (They cut Vanilla dungeons in half and called it a day) and are overly easy. AoE spam fests with no need to bother with mechanics.

As a matter of fact, ill let Ghostcrawler himself tell you why this expansion sucks and
    why this dungeon model sucked in WoTLK. --- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469 --- As you can see even Blizz realizes how bad this is, but why are they making something they know is bad design? That they criticized themselves for in WoTLK? The simple answer? Money, greed, Activision. This company isnt about gaming, it isnt about making games fun or making games they care about or are inspired to make. Its to make games they couldnt give a crap about to make more $ and it shows. The whole things a bust. 11 years old and under need only apply. Collapse
  56. Sep 27, 2012
    Blizzard failed to deliver anything close to what i expected from a company that gets over 1 000 000$ a month. They cant do anything right these days. This was my last Blizzard game ever, im tierd of their ****
  57. Sep 27, 2012
    Unless you live in China, you're a massive weeaboo or your IQ is lower than the amount of money you would pay for this game, don't buy it. The game has become a simplistic MMO that requires very little time and effort to play, which is not what I'm looking for. A dumbing down of a genre is what were seeing here.
  58. Sep 27, 2012
    Why did i bother to buy it...Biggest buyers remorse of 2012. I EVEN made an account here because im so frustrated. I want my money back blizzard. There is nothing innovating in this game, even **** guild wars 2 brings more to the table than this pile of ****
  59. Sep 27, 2012
    Kungfu Panda and Pokemon + Stupid re-design of skill trees and boring quests = MoP. Also cross realm pvp was probably the worst ideas ever. Enjoy being camped constantly?
  60. gmx
    Sep 27, 2012
    From bad to worse. Blizzard has hit a new low. Anyone giving this a 10 must be a blizzard employee or completely delusional. After seeing what people in-game are saying, there's no way there are this many people who actually think this garbage deserves a "10". Whatever, I'm done with WoW for good. Enjoy your pandas and 8 year olds.
  61. Sep 27, 2012
    The talent system has been homogenized to a simplistic and boring system that doesn't offer anything cool. What used to be unique and interesting classes have been made really dull to play. The talent and ingenuity that was once the WoW dev team have moved to other projects, and there is nothing now that makes the game fun. While they obviously have a talented design team, the overall final product is lackluster.

MoP was created only for the intent of making as much $ as possible by appealing to the lowest common denominator because the game life cycle has less time ahead compared to what has past.

As a result you get stupid Pandas, pokemon pet battles, and other silly nonsense that killed the uniqueness of the game. There is nothing fun about MoP. You just get a gaggle of simplistic crap with a few new character models.

I have been playing since 2005, and MoP offers nothing to an otherwise fun game. Blizzard is not the quality company that it once was. I didn't want to bother with Diablo 3 after the real $ auction house came online. I just found that trifling, and the desire to go higher levels into the game was not there.

I think I am done with Blizzard, been fun 1997-2012.
  62. Sep 27, 2012
    Just want to echo what a lot of reviews are already stating. MOP is yet another release that fails to meet the high quality standards of the Blizzard we knew before the merger with Activision.
  63. Sep 27, 2012
    I am literally cursing myself for buying this. The litany of fail in WoW and MoP has been stated up and down these reviews. Same old race to level cap, but this time through a soulless Disney-esque generic Asian continent. I will not be grinding my way through re-skinned dungeons or raids with the same boring mechanics. Buyer beware.
  64. Sep 27, 2012
    I'll keep it short and sweet.
    Let's say WoW used to be Lego, it is now Duplo.
    That is all. Pandaria is pretty lame overall. Waste of money and time.
  65. Sep 27, 2012
    First of all just want to say that Iv been playing WoW for over 6 years and I have experienced the game from the beginning. First thing I dont like about MoP is the whole simplified formula Blizzard came up with for new / bad players. To be this totally beats the concept of a game, where game should be changeling with some kinda learning curve, I hate hope WoW has become a no brain game that requires minimum skill to play.. I mean damn watching TV is more fun than MoP.. Second, the PvP is imbalanced, the worst it have been so far, there are classes doing too much dps / healing, and classes that are doing too little..I dont know why would Blizz want to throw away 8 years of developing pvp balance and then just throw it all away with the new talent system... Third, the new content is the same old cake, just different icing.. I think Panda's where a bad idea also, I mean there is nothing " Fantasy " about Fun Fu Pandas, WoW is a Fantasy MMO after all.. Oh well, I want give them my money for that junk, Expand
  66. Sep 27, 2012
    Been playing since vanilla and I can honestly say that this is the worst expansion ever. Loads of bugs, lagg, disconnects, rude customer support, the list goes on and isnt worth my time. They have lost me as a customer and I will boycott anything this company sells.
  67. Sep 27, 2012
    It's sad to see how far World of Warcraft has fallen. WoW used to be an amazing game. Even up until the beginning of Cataclysm it was still the best MMO and the obvious choice for serious gamers. Now it's just not the same game we fell in love with over 7 years ago. "Jumped the shark" can't begin to describe what Actiblizzard has done to the masterpiece that was World of Warcraft.
  68. Sep 27, 2012
    Please do not listen to the fanboys on here. This expansion is awful. The same people that are giving 10s are the same people that will be whining about how much they hate it an a few weeks. Same thing happened with Cataclysm (which I didn't think was all that bad), except Pandaria is waaaayyyy worse. What a trainwreck! Blizzard what were you thinking?
  69. Sep 27, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria sucks! The Pandaren suck, the quests suck, pandaria sucks, talents suck, monks suck, pvp sucks, crz sucks, ect. ect. Fun fact: Pandas are so lame they won't even mate with each other to save their own species.
  70. Sep 27, 2012
    This game completely sucks now. WoW was once one of the best mmos on the market, but now it's one of the worst. There are free to play games that trump WoW these days, and paying $15 a month for this terrible game just seems stupid after the MoP debacle.
  71. Jan 28, 2013
    This is the worst MMO out there, the worst wow expansion. Its crap, don't buy it , its the most dumbed down version of wow and it will be worse. Blizzard has killed wow and made it for kids.
  72. Sep 28, 2012
    This game is horribly disappointing. I felt like a 10 yaer old girl playing it. Really, pandas and pokemon? After Diablo 3's rip off Blizzard really needed to hit a home run with Mists of Pandaria and they failed miserably. Never buying another Blizzard game. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me. Off to GW2 I go.
  73. Sep 28, 2012
    I played WoW back in 2006 and was surprised when I resubbed that the game did not age well at all. The questing is dated, the graphics look terrible, and the community is probably the most vile I have ever seen anywhere. Got my refund after one day of playing.
  74. Sep 28, 2012
    This game gets worse and easier with every expansion. The graphics and gameplay need a big update. It's a shame to she how this game has gone so low in all this years.
  75. Sep 28, 2012
    Interesting to me that the best parts of this Xpac are stolen.... umm I mean borrowed IP from other games. Wondering if Nintendo will sue. I leveled 2 toons to 90 on the beta servers. Same old stuff apart from the Pokemon and Harvest Moon rip offs. I think the thing that really sunk the score for me is the big hardware reduction plan they're trying to sell as a feature. CRZ has made a mess of the leveling process and it will be coming soon to the 86-90 zones so have fun if you're an alt-oholic like me. Or was, I should say. I'm out and on to other (better) things. Feel sorry for the ones trying to tough it out. Good luck on Blizz fixing anything. They didn't trademark SOON for nothing. Expand
  76. Sep 28, 2012
    A lot of people at my school have been making fun of me for playing WoW! Nobody ever said anything before stupid pandaland came out. People were calling me things like "little panda ferry" and saing I was a girl just for playing WoW! WoW used to be a pretty cool game until they added a bunch of baby stuff like pokemon and stupid looking pandas. Even my dad laughed at me when he saw the MoP box in my room! I hate you blizzard you ruined my life! Expand
  77. Sep 28, 2012

The
    talent system is a joke now. You can close your eyes, pick random talents, and end up with a viable character. Customizing your character and creating that perfect build is one of the most basic and fundamental aspects of playing any RPG. Even if that spec came off of a website, it still took some work to figure it out and tweak it to your needs. They've essentially removed talents altogether and made the specs all cookie cutter.

No new content. Sure there's new dungeons, raids, zones, etc., but it feels like Blizzard is just going through the motions and this point and milking the game for everything they can. It's all the same rehashed content with no real substance or innovation.

The game is old. Mists of Pandaria would have looked impressive back in 2004, but for a 2012 release the graphics are pathetic.

Pandas...Yeah yeah they predate Kung Fu Panda, Blizzard can retcon whatever they want, and there's already other animal people in the game. But still, it's Kung Fu Panda. The game doesn't have the same "serious" feel to it like in past expansions, and that's important when you're investing 20+ hours every week playing it competitively. Although extremely nerdy, there was something cool about spending 40 hours a week with your guild trying to kill the Lich King. Now that feeling is gone. It's more difficult to justify the same hardcore playstyle when you're dealing with Pandas.

The story, the poor poor story. Not much to say besides the writers have clearly lost their touch when it comes to creating interesting and at times logical lore. To be fair it's been in steady decline for a while now, but Pandaria is a new low.
  78. Sep 28, 2012
    Horrible expansion. This is not WoW anymore it's one big kiddyland. Game is so easy it's not playable anymore. Good days of Vanilla and TBC are gone forever.
  79. Sep 28, 2012
    After the release of Mists of Pandaria World of Warcraft players are facing a lot of ridicule. There have been reports of kids of all ages getting picked on at schools, and WoW players are now the butt of all jokes at the workplace. It's very sad because WoW really didn't mean anything to non-players before MoP, but now after all of the TV advertisements and panda-sporting card board stands in the front of stores like Wal-Mart and Target, people have learned to despise everything WoW related. It's like WoW players are the new juggalos. As far as the expansion itself goes, it's just more of the same except everything has been simplified to an extreme level, which just makes playing that much more boring. The Pandas look terrible, and when I see them I understand why people would want to make fun of this game now. Expand
  80. Sep 28, 2012
    With Mists of Pandaria, World of Warcraft really starts to show its age. Instead of revitalizing or revamping the existing content and core of the game, the developers have gone a different route: they're going all-in on childlike simplicity. They're adding Kung fu pandas, tacked on 5 levels to a game where no one seems to care much about the leveling process anymore, added another 100+ levels of gear grind, chucked in additional sparkle ponies, made the old (but lore-rich content) even more irrelevant, added new lore where absolutely nothing epic happens (unlike every other expansion), simplified all the talents, and thrown in Pokemon for good measure.

All the gimmicks seem like a play for younger gamers (who don't play MMOs, generally) and/or Asia (but the Asian themes are silly caricatures). In any case, I'd have preferred fundamental improvements to the combat system, leveling process, and story, modern character customization options, and a move away from nothing but max level loot grinding. That didn't happen here.

Ultimately, the highly addicted WoW player base will quickly level to 90 in a few days and then begin their new, long slog to nab up as much loot as those contestants on the old game show, Supermarket Sweep. The world will be desolate again quickly, filled with old, obsolete content. PvP won't be any better than it is now, which is to say the worst in the industry (WoW with its stark gear imbalance and grindiness actually may have the most imbalanced PvP of any major video game, in any genre).

The developers didn't fix any of the old, increasingly obsolete features of the game. And it saddens me to see what used to be valuable content thrown by the wayside in the entire focus on max-level gear grinding. The result has been a virtual world that's not very alive outside of instances, and everyone will eventually tire of the treadmill. The gimmicks and 5 levels feel like a poor substitute for the overhaul the game needs to keep pace with newer competitors.
  81. Sep 28, 2012
    From CRZ to Fixed Mana, to the "Talent" system. Game is a joke. And let's not talk about panda's. If you have a brain in your head stay far away from this horrible game.
  82. Sep 28, 2012
    Who would have thought the king of mmos would be taken down by pandas?? Blizzard has sent a clear message to their players: this is no longer a game for us, it's for the kids now. After spending some "quality" time with mists, I can tell you without a doubt that it 100% deserves all of the low scores it's been receiving here. Well $40 bucks down the drain but no worries - I'm off to play that *ahem* other much better game. Bye wow it was fun while it lasted =) Expand
  83. Sep 28, 2012
    Looks like Blizzard is in full damage control mode right now sending their employees out to give 9 and 10 score ratings. There's also some fanbois making multiple accounts trying to up the score. Pretty sad they have to do this just to justify playing this turd. They have made forum posts telling people to come here and make multiple accounts just give the game 10, so most of the good reviews here and just the same group of people doing it over and over again. Pathetic. Sorry Blizz and Blizz fanbois, too many people are upset about wasting their money on this lackluster expansion. You can't hide the truth! Expand
  84. Sep 28, 2012
    Anyone giving this a 9 or 10 is out of their mind. Biggest gaming disappointment in recent history. I'm gonna give this what it deserves.....a big fat 0!
  85. Sep 28, 2012
    This game is totally for little kids now. Complete with immersion-breaking pop cultures memes EVERYWHERE. If you're looking for deep gameplay, or an immersive world, you certainly won't find it in pandaria. The questing is some of the easiest and most boring content WoW has seen to date. Oh and update the graphics already, they were sub-par in 2004 and now they are just plain hideous
  86. Sep 28, 2012
    I was playing Mists of Pandaria on my Pandaren Monk when my wife peeked into my office, looked at the screen, chuckled and muttered "you're not a man" and walked away. I am not very impressed with Mists of Pandaria thus far.
  87. Sep 28, 2012
    Mists is awful, disgusting visuals, bland new areas to "explore" and dumbed-down new dungeons with childish stories that take you through the "content". Peoples hatred for Blizzard is understandable, and the fact that the fanboys rate this game a '10' just shows immaturity, even when they are crying themselves to sleep because they want a more simple game? I think Blizz did a horrible job, the old talent trees were ok because everyone at least had some sort of choice, now it actually requires no thought at all. Anyone who is praising on the game is just bitter because their childhood has passed them by and they want to relive it. Expand
  88. Sep 28, 2012
    I tried to like it, but in my heart I knew wow had jumped the shark when I saw the pandas doing karate. Beware. Avoid at all costs. You will regret it if you fall for this like I did.
  89. Sep 28, 2012
    Have the people leaving 9s and 10s even played this? "Beautiful scenery" and "immersive questing" or how about "fascinating storyline" WTH??? Seriously? Are we talking about the same game here?? The positive reviews have got to be from bitter fanboys or blizzard corporate shills. Seriously this game is trash through and through.
  90. Sep 28, 2012
    WoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a different demographic - the game is now for kids. If you enjoy paying a monthly fee AND playing with (other) children, this game might be for you. Expand
  91. Sep 29, 2012
    The now mega international corporate that made 3 billion in profit over the first 7 years now develops its game like its a small production house making F2P rpg's. Like all other big game companies, the emphasis has been firmly placed on do things as cheaply as possible for maximized profits and propagandizing the faithful into thinking they're playing a game with depth and substance. Makes its customers pay full price for a title that's a blatant marketing ploy geared towards a specific demographic. Despite the repeated blows to meaningful character development and the dev staffs love affair with homogenization they still can't balance classes in a way that makes pvp less of a bad joke or lets raiders "bring the player not the class". More new forgettable zones, more ez mode and turn your brain off questing, more uninspiring and boring dungeons, more gimmick 101 raiding. Immersive and challenging content has been replaced by frilly things like achievements, pokemon and farmville. For the third straight expansion, they are relying on addictive ploys like that, to go a long with the all time giant, the gear carrot, to keep people playing instead of making it interesting enough to warrant what amounts to be a pretty large investment over years of play. Expand
  92. Sep 29, 2012
    Worst score for the worst expansion of a great old game. Pandas killed wow. If Blizzard wants more oriental players on this game than they will lost many more european and american one. Good luck for this crazy choice. Bye bye wow!
  93. Sep 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The wow, falls downhill without brakes, and with this painful and sad exp, Moreover, thanks to the arrival of GW2 have, and no fees, this is how deverian be the MMO, pay each month, it's a scam and more by exp refried, poorly finished,

Count all the talents of the current WOW, xD.
  94. Sep 29, 2012
    Ummm no. Just no. Huge waste of $40. All I have to say to anyone who would actually pay $15 a month for this game after MoP is: BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WoW is now the joke of the gaming world!
  95. Sep 29, 2012
    Have a child, pre-teen, or grandparent that you want to introduce to MMOs? World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is the perfect game for them because there is no thinking involved!

Quest rewards and talents are perfectly streamlined for children/grandparent that don't understand what they're doing. Plus limited questing zone options and gigantic arrows keep them focused on what to do
    next. As a bonus cross realm zones ensures your child or parent will always have someone to possibly play with! Grouping for dungeons is also incredibly easy. With just a touch of a button they will be taken to places and able to fight off all kinds of monsters with strangers whether they like it or not.

Do you remember loving Pokemon as a child? Do you like playing FarmVille occasionally as an adult? Mists of Pandaria offers something similar but much simpler than either game has to offer! Think that's impossible? Well think again! The ridiculous amount of easy but time consuming daily quests will keep your parent or children entertained for minutes on end!

_________________

This is a most definitely starter MMO for children and grandparents that find Pokemon and FarmVille games too difficult. This is not a good MMO for those that play games regularly, you will be bored and frustrated with how easy it all is very quickly.

If you are bad at games in general this is a perfect MMO to start or continue playing.
  96. Oct 1, 2012
    Cross Realm Zones makes up 95% of this low score. The fact that Blizzard is effectively ignoring the immersion and playability bugs as well as the 20,000+ posts detailing the issues represents the other 5%.
    Once CRZ goes live in Pandaria, a "dailies gated rep grind", expect more low scores as players jump realms & fight over the few resources available... The MOP music was very well done
    anyway... Expand
  97. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing it since it's release and it's really boring for someone who is new to the game. It has too much "questing" collecting things and getting reputation, something that is not Warcraft and it's not fun at all. I'm still trying to understand what's so interesting about this game, what keeps the player base in it, but it's only the "item race" to get the best items on the game before someone does. It doesn't worth 15USD every month or paying for the Battlechest + Mist of Pandaria if you could get a lot of fun from other games that are cheaper and interesting (like GTAV, COD, GW2, etc.). For a game that is supposed to fell like a MMO it fells like a Facebook game.
    The story line is really childish focused on young audience, I don't even recommend it for young children because of the addictive level the game has. So far, the worst game to play right now.
  98. Oct 1, 2012
    Great graphics, great quests, WTF are you talking about! The questing is so horrid then I might as well watch "my little pony: friendship is magic". Nothing really new on the xpac. If i wanted to play pokemon, I would rather bust out my DSi and play my pokemon white. I'm not paying 15 dollars a month so i can farm when I have farmville, which is free by the way. Even the skill tree was dumbed down, as if blizzard would think I'm incapable of making my own choices. The pandas are alright, but having mine standing by a human makes me think I'm playing a disney game. Expand
  99. Oct 1, 2012
    Everything about this expansion is sub-par. Can't believe they put this much effort into making WoW worse. It's obvious their target demographic is now children and those who aren't used to playing games of any kind. Thankfully there are much better mmos out there for the adult gamer. The Pandas look EXTREMELY stupid and out of place.
  100. Oct 1, 2012
    A lot of people are comparing the new pet battles to Pokemon.......well that is insulting to Pokemon! The pet battle system is like an ultra dumbed down version of Pokemon. Of course rest of the xpac is pretty lame, but that's obvious.
  101. Sep 27, 2012

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]