4.9

1. Oct 6, 2012
    After playing a vanilla wow private server and then playing this and comparing the two games, I can really say Blizzard has completely ruined wow, this game really sucks now and there's no point playing it. I used to be so addicted to this game , I would play every day and it was all I thought about, now it's a piece of crap.
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    Poor design, poorly planned out, causal-ized skills, bad launch. This xpac will be the downfall of WoW. Crossrealm is interesting, however it's lead to camp-the-spawn world PVP. Piles of bones at spawn and portal points. The expansion quests - mobbed with players trying to do "spawns once every 10 minutes" destroyable objects. Severe bottleneck quests that have long cinematic scenes,Poor design, poorly planned out, causal-ized skills, bad launch. This xpac will be the downfall of WoW. Crossrealm is interesting, however it's lead to camp-the-spawn world PVP. Piles of bones at spawn and portal points. The expansion quests - mobbed with players trying to do "spawns once every 10 minutes" destroyable objects. Severe bottleneck quests that have long cinematic scenes, and require certain objects to be destroyed. Seriously, you'd think blizzard - with hundreds of millions in revenue, near a decade of running an MMO ... would they know how to design and run one? It's falling apart, it's like they want to destroy it. I didn't think there could be a step down from Cata, but there IS. And Mists of Pandaria - is it. Don't buy it if you haven't bought it. It's bad. Expand
  3. Dec 28, 2012
    This is a game for little kids.
    Full of cartoony things,they removed real talents,gave nothing to the storyline,ni epicness.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0. i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without
    This is a game for little kids.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0.
    i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without storyline.I hoped the realise and fix their mistakes of cataclysm,but 2bad they ruined 2 games,only starcraft franchise remains,and they made me not buy that after what they did with diablo and wow.
    thanks for reading have fun on cracked servers or **** up yourself with pandas playin pokémon.
  4. Dec 21, 2012
    I have been loyal to blizzard since Pre-BC. I loved BC. WotLK...that's when I stopped.

However, CatA came out and I said "Hey why not!" It was an entirely different world of warcraft. When I was 15 - I said "LFG VC!" No one knew what I was talking about. It wasn't until an older player messaged me saying "umm..he's dead." and gave me a full run down of the new WoW. Leveling up to 85...I was shocked at how easy tanking was now. It was pathetic! People would storm into mobs and not care about aggro! It was going against everything I learned! Remember "tanking" lessons back in Pre and BC? Yeah - apparently that went out the window in WotLK. Remember good old Nax? It was floating in the air!!! Ok, so I got to 85, did the entire "gear thing" which was REALLY easy (seriously). I was disappointed...then Pandas. Ok. Blizzard said it's fixed things and made things fun.

I will NEVER EVER play a blizzard game again! I do not trust them! D3 was a disaster...but this panda BS is terrible! The community is rotten, the gameplay is good for a 5 year old, and RP is dead.
  5. Sep 29, 2012
    Blizzard really needs to re-learn how to make fun games. Nothing new, same old stuff with more ilvl, same old crafting materials, and questing is still boring.
  6. Sep 28, 2012
    Pandas... Excellent, here's a 0 for blizzard. If i could I'd give it -1000. The graphics look like a turd, I have seen PS2 games look better than WoW. Good job blizzard.
  7. Oct 1, 2012
    Pandas? Just not fun. There are better games out there. Just an excuse to extend WOW subscriptions. Over simplified skill trees, and overly simplified game.
  8. Oct 24, 2012
    It seems that wow new extension is going in the wrong direction, many of the fun is lost by oversimplified skills ans systems, and the original feeling of warcraft is lost to me. I feel like playing a different game, but an old one. The only good point is that wow is still a good place to meet many of my friends, but not much to enjoy the game. I suggest that blizzard go for a wow2 withIt seems that wow new extension is going in the wrong direction, many of the fun is lost by oversimplified skills ans systems, and the original feeling of warcraft is lost to me. I feel like playing a different game, but an old one. The only good point is that wow is still a good place to meet many of my friends, but not much to enjoy the game. I suggest that blizzard go for a wow2 with new graphics and back to orc vs humans rather than stretching the warcraft fluff. Expand
  9. Sep 29, 2012
    Terrible xpac. The cut scenes are atrocious and truly has started catering to a new generation of kids out there with pandas. They have removed skill trees from the game and they pretty much spoon feed you your skills now. No longer are there skill trees that you need to think through and try out.

The graphics are a decent update but the core content of the game is what drives me and this falls flat on its face for sure. For those that are giving high scores for this game, I'm not certain what game they are playing but this is not a great game. Such a shame that once a proud and great company that produced quality games and make tonnes of money are only concerned now with making tonnes of money and not quality games. It's time to shelve the WoW series as Mist of Pandaria is a nail in their coffin for enjoyment.
  10. Oct 14, 2012
    Ok, I may lose credibility right off the bat for saying this, but pandas? really? I know they were in the warcraft games, but they were barely even covered. Why go this route when there are so many other options available, such as the emerald dream, or what happened to alleria and turalyon? Or we could have even fought sargeras and it still would have been more plausible than this BS. MyOk, I may lose credibility right off the bat for saying this, but pandas? really? I know they were in the warcraft games, but they were barely even covered. Why go this route when there are so many other options available, such as the emerald dream, or what happened to alleria and turalyon? Or we could have even fought sargeras and it still would have been more plausible than this BS. My second issue is that this "new" continent is just a reskinned northrend, there is no originality here people. Third, the talent tree changes are just bad, it throws off what balance the classes had, meaning that there is no class balance anymore. Fourth, the community blows ass now, it was bad in cata, but it's even worse here, and when a community sucks in a game which requires massive cooperative effort, you've got a serious **** problem. Fifth, the game brings nothing new to the table, it's just more of the same, get to level cap, grind for gear, grind for more gear, make a new character, rinse and repeat. Sorry people, but if you were looking for something refreshing and new or anything good, go somewhere else, this game sucks now Expand
  11. Sep 25, 2012
    To start off the expansion, you're greeted with some of the most poorly done cut scenes ever done in a modern game. Terrible voice acting? When there is voice acting it's pretty bad, but even that's better than no voice acting at all - this is how most of the cut scenes are. Silent w/ text at the bottom.

Once you get past all of that, you'll find yourself on the isle of Pandaria -

Once you get past all of that, you'll find yourself on the isle of Pandaria - which in an of itself is not a bad looking place. However it becomes clear that this isn't much of an expansion, but rather a little bit more of the same old same old you've come accustomed to over the last couple of years. All in all, this is one to skip.
  12. Sep 28, 2012
    Same old boring world of warcraft now catered for even younger kids in the 10-12 year age, god what has happend to MMO these days...Blizzard is panically milking the last money possible out of their costumer base before everyone leaves.
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    I've played WOW since vanilla, I'm a guild leader, heroic raid leader/tank. I have already got 2 level 90's and 10+ 85's. This game is simply out of date and therefore scores 0 as its no longer relevant to the genre. The developer ruined Diablo now they are in the process of ruining Warcraft. This expansion is obviously a blatant marketing campaign to garner support in Asia. I am not aI've played WOW since vanilla, I'm a guild leader, heroic raid leader/tank. I have already got 2 level 90's and 10+ 85's. This game is simply out of date and therefore scores 0 as its no longer relevant to the genre. The developer ruined Diablo now they are in the process of ruining Warcraft. This expansion is obviously a blatant marketing campaign to garner support in Asia. I am not a fan of Pandas nor Asian architecture. I am a fan of dragons, undead knights and a struggle between good and evil BUT I am forced to eat humble pie by a company that I wont give any of my money to. Guild Wars 2 - modern, more mature player base, sane designers. Mists of Pandaria you are such a disappointing end to whats been a great ride. Expand
  14. Oct 8, 2012
    This game is the boring same old, same old. Barely any new content (despite what others are saying). A reduced skill system and a declining player base make for a game that's dead in the water.

They needed to stop at WoTLK and maybe perhaps try to make another MMO. For those who are new to WoW and not familiar with what it "used" to be like and the old skill system which was far better.. this game will probably be gold to you.

If your a current or returning player, well you'd have to be a complete and utter fool to think this expansion is good and added anything new.
  15. Sep 29, 2012
    Honestly, it is just pure stealing now. They have created something that feels tacky and dull. Honestly, do yourself a favor and buy yourself GW2. In GW2, you don't pay out the nose for an enjoyable experience and the plays so much better.
  16. Sep 25, 2012
    Can they dumb down the formula anymore? Why pay Blizzard to spoon feed you and treat you like a baby incapable of independent thought? I'm actually OK with Pandas, but the talents have been butchered beyond recognition. And, yay...Pokémon battles. This expansion looks like it will be the beginning of the end for the mighty "King of MMORPGs".
  17. Sep 25, 2012
    Can't believe I bought this game. The whole idea of it should have turned me off from the get go, but loyalty to the series made me want to try it. The game has become a simplistic MMO that requires very little time and effort to play, which is not what I'm looking for. A dumbing down of a genre is what were seeing here.
  18. Sep 25, 2012
    I think by now we can all agree that they should erase this game and Cata from WoW History. Metsin needs a reality check. Sure pandas isn't the worst idea, but it's not what this game needed to be saved. I miss the slight complexity of the first three expansions. It's all downhill from here.
  19. Sep 25, 2012
    Going from cata to this was a bad idea from the start, I was worried this would attract a younger audience, and I can already tell it HAS, my realm has so many panda races now, and all the new people don't know how to play and type like 12 year old's. WORST EXPANSION.
  20. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard dropped the ball even before Cata, they made players wait 9 additional months for content, including making the PvP season that lasted 9 months total rather than the normal 3 months. They basically just said FU to their player base and told us to wait. Whats funny is this company used to be awesome, now its trash. This is what happens when you sell out to **** Bobby, he is aBlizzard dropped the ball even before Cata, they made players wait 9 additional months for content, including making the PvP season that lasted 9 months total rather than the normal 3 months. They basically just said FU to their player base and told us to wait. Whats funny is this company used to be awesome, now its trash. This is what happens when you sell out to **** Bobby, he is a business man, and not a gamer. Everquest 3 is the only MMO that I am looking forward to, lets hope they releases some info on it soon. Death to WoW. Expand
  21. Sep 25, 2012
    This expansion adds no innovative features to the game at all and only further shows that WoW is a shell of its former self. They have slowly begun releasing less and less regular updates to their games while keeping the $180 a year fee. All of the "new" features to this game are just different forms of scaling or, in the case of companion battles, just complete copies of otherThis expansion adds no innovative features to the game at all and only further shows that WoW is a shell of its former self. They have slowly begun releasing less and less regular updates to their games while keeping the $180 a year fee. All of the "new" features to this game are just different forms of scaling or, in the case of companion battles, just complete copies of other games/genre ideas. If there was ever a time to refrain from buying a WoW expansion it would be now. Expand
  22. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard has insulted their player base with this lackluster expansion. If you thought Cata was bad, wait until you see Pandaria! This game might be ok for very small children due to it's extreme simplicity, ease of play, and cartoony graphics....... if it wasn't for the vile community. They somehow managed to dumb down the talent trees even further, taking all thought out ofBlizzard has insulted their player base with this lackluster expansion. If you thought Cata was bad, wait until you see Pandaria! This game might be ok for very small children due to it's extreme simplicity, ease of play, and cartoony graphics....... if it wasn't for the vile community. They somehow managed to dumb down the talent trees even further, taking all thought out of character development. Graphics and gear are a joke. Gameplay is still slow and sluggish, and feels outdated. Out of everything bad about this expansion, the Pandas have to be the worst part. They look ridiculous. Even in a game full of ridiculous creatures, the Pandas stand out as being overwhelmingly childish and lame. There are so many better mmos out there, and a lot of them are free. There is no reason to pay $15 a month for this horrible game anymore.

Please do not support or waste your money on this trash.
  23. Sep 25, 2012
    Absolutely horrible. Can't believe I was duped into buying this turd. WoW is dead, the Pandas killed it. Maybe the under 12 crowd could enjoy this game now, but no adult could possibly take this game seriously any more. So sad.
  24. Sep 29, 2012
    This review is by my spouse and is intended for parents only.

Dear Responsible Parents, As a WOW player and a mother, I use to love playing World of Warcraft with my children. World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria brought a (feature) known as (CRZ) or cross realm zones. Our family had separate accounts for each family member. The children accounts were monitor to insure they were on a
    This review is by my spouse and is intended for parents only.

Dear Responsible Parents,

As a WOW player and a mother, I use to love playing World of Warcraft with my children. World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria brought a (feature) known as (CRZ) or cross realm zones. Our family had separate accounts for each family member. The children accounts were monitor to insure they were on a parental approved server. Our family oriented community (server) was ruined because of a (feature) known as CRZ.

How was this ruined you asked? Our servers did a great job policing them and make things safe for the children. Now we are merged with M-rated servers. General Chat, Trade Chat, ETC is now filled with:

"Hey man let's kill some F___ts"
    "Dude I just sucked a pregnant woman's ____"

All communicated in vivid detail. I may be 100% pro-human rights, but I also want to keep my children shielded away from the R-rated parts of what people do in the bathroom stalls of a gay-bar. While I understand what Proudmoore represents (I am happy they found a safe-haven) I did not want my children exposed to the above straight, gay or otherwise. We avoided creating create characters on Proudmoore, Blackrock, ETC for a reason.

To make things worse, currently you have no way to report players of another server for language, harassment, or discrimination. The in-game feature is bugged and does not work. If you manually create a ticket, you get an automated response of "Dear ____ please use our in-game report feature for assistance on this topic." If you write a ticket on the forum you get "This is better suited for using the in-game report feature." I am not sure why Blizzard Blue Posts have failed to notify the Customer Service Department on a now ongoing 4 week old bug.

Because of the lack of policing, World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria is now promotes hatred, bigotry and discrimination. I implore all concerned parents to avoid purchase World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria for their children. This has changed an otherwise family friendly game (given the right server) into a family avoid game.

Good parents say no to World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria because of the negative implication associated with CRZ.

A Concerned Parent
  25. Sep 25, 2012
    Most of the people leaving positive reviews here have only played this expansion for less than a day. Having played the Mists of Pandaria beta extensively, I can tell you that it is by far the worst World of Warcraft expansion yet. I would not recommend it for anyone.
  26. Sep 25, 2012
    There is really nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said. Have fun with 8-10 year olds and blizzard fanboys. Stay away from this game.
  27. Sep 25, 2012
    Just overall a very poorly designed, poorly thought out expansion. Right off the bat you can tell that this expansion was designed with one goal in mind: Damage control. It is in it's entirety seems to have been produced only to attempt to recuperate subscribers. Tons of childish memes, Farmville, and a poor Pokemon rip-off don't help their case for a very serious title. AlsoJust overall a very poorly designed, poorly thought out expansion. Right off the bat you can tell that this expansion was designed with one goal in mind: Damage control. It is in it's entirety seems to have been produced only to attempt to recuperate subscribers. Tons of childish memes, Farmville, and a poor Pokemon rip-off don't help their case for a very serious title. Also the fact that this game has yet to UPDATE IT'S GRAPHICS, is really awful. If you're playing a race from The Burning Crusade and below, your character literally looks like it has been ported off of Nintendo 64. Quite frankly, the disparity between expansion graphics is astoundingly large, with each subsequent race appearing better than the next. I would also like to point out that most of, if not all the animations are shared, and rip-offs of animations that had already been in the game prior. One of the worst features of all has got to be the sheer simplification of the game. The removal of most of what made 'WoW', 'WoW' has had a profound effect on the game. Everything is literally handed to you on a silver platter. Gear, gold, you name it. It's yours. All you have to do is wait. Minimal effort, maximum reward. Talents are literally must picks. As there may be smaller amounts to choose from, the obvious dps increase, or heal increase, or mitigation talents are stupid obvious in terms of picking, leading to little or no care for learning how your class actually functions. On top of all that, recent features have given way to a near unplayable game. CRZ, or 'Cross Realm Zones' has allowed servers to group based on population deficiencies. However, it sounds great in theory, but what was supposed to make the world feel more alive, has actually contributed to it's downfall. Zones literally overlap, and if you're an unfortunate soul on a PvE or RP server, you're currently grouped with PvP servers. Do the math, you're pretty much fair game. If you're on a PvP server initially, have fun questing. As random ganking was the norm back in WoW's hay-day, World PvP has devolved into a 24/7 gank fest reminiscent of a private server. This unfortunate circumstance has lead to a near unplayable situation for those under level cap on PvP servers. In closing, I recommend those who view these reviews DO NOT purchase Mists of Pandaria, or even WoW as a whole if you can help it. The game has sadly devolved into too much of a mess. So much so that it's almost as if Blizzard could care less about their own game, so much as you just keep paying and don't mind the awfulness around you. Expand
  28. Sep 25, 2012
    The panda starting zone is mind numbingly boring. Not to mention how cheesey the pandas look. Whenever I see a panda running around I feel embarrassed to even be playing the game. Sub has been cancelled, game has been ruined. Sorry Blizzard but you just arent the same anymore :(
  29. Sep 25, 2012
    Same old game, just more gimmicks and trying to appeal to an entirely different demographic.

Rush to level cap, get on the gear treadmill. Nothing new, save what looks to be a Facebook rip-off and Pokemon.
  30. Sep 25, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria - approved for ages Age 4+
    Mists of Pandaria - approved for ages Age 4+
    Save your money! It's almost like the business model for this expansion and WOW is the same as the big tobacco companies. The whole point of this expansion is to bring in really young players to try and replace the older player base. There is nothing new with the game. The first quest I did I flew in a copter and had to kill 60 mobs....but there was only one option. Press the number one every 4 seconds while the thing drove itself. No other choices to make but repeatedly pressing the number 1 for 10 minutes. It was clearly designed for a little kid. This is really sad too. Having been a Warcraft player since Orcs and Humans in the 90's I got this out of almost pure habit. I should have saved my money. Not worth $15 a month. This game barely could hold its own in the Free to Play category. It was a good run. RIP WOW :(

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]