4.8

1. Oct 10, 2012
    There's a lot of kids whining about how the game isn't what it used to be on here,, Minus them i think this should have a MUCH higher user score.
    Band waggoning all over the shop, so i shall add my counter.
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Best expansion so far. Leveling was really easy and there were more than enough quests to get you to 90. For the first time, I felt like Blizzard did a great job with their story and they did a much better job in delivering the story, using new ways to share story content with the player. Phasing is also masterfully done and more than ever, I feel like my actions have an effect on the world.
  3. Oct 6, 2012
    Blizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playingBlizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playing off and on since Vanilla, so statistically I'm probably supposed to hate this game... but as far as I'm concerned it just keeps getting better. Expand
  4. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if youIts the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if you were burnt out of WoW. I vowed never to return but im having so much fun I dont regret it one bit. MUST PLAY! Expand
  5. Sep 30, 2012
    Not sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of theseNot sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of these naysayers here have barely even played through the quests or dungeons, if at all. Typical Blizzard haters. Expand
  6. Dec 29, 2012
    WoW is 8 Year old, and its the the best MMO Game on the Markt. Warhammer, AoC, Tera, Aion, Rift GW, GW2, LodR, etc.....no one is so good like Warcraft. But i understand the 0 Raiting, its now "cool" to hate Blizzard and his Games. Its cool to hate EA, its cool to say Bioware is dead and now its cool to say every Blizzard Game is horrible.
  7. Sep 28, 2012
    Really don't understand all the negative. Quests are fun and very varied. Story lines are equal parts serious and funny. Zones end in big dramatic conclusions that tie together every story you've followed. The zones are gorgeous and filled with variety. The enemies each have unique attacks that keep most fights interesting. The dungeons, while brief, offer something different around eachReally don't understand all the negative. Quests are fun and very varied. Story lines are equal parts serious and funny. Zones end in big dramatic conclusions that tie together every story you've followed. The zones are gorgeous and filled with variety. The enemies each have unique attacks that keep most fights interesting. The dungeons, while brief, offer something different around each turn, even if they are somewhat derivative of previous boss fights.It's also a relief to be playing a story that is about more than just a big enemy. It's still WoW, people. You still accept quests, use abilities, turn in quest. But the shape around it has changed. Its also a massive relief to see some things condensed. I feel like Warcraft continues to evolve with my life changes, offering me new options to explore the content I don't have quite as much time for.
    Also, ignore reviews that came out at launch. This is not an expansion that can be summed up inone days worth of play.
  8. Sep 27, 2012
    Curious so many negative scores were put in before anyone even had a chance to try the game. Anyway, on one side I'm a bit sad that I have to give such high marks to an old title such as World of WarCraft who simply stick to the tried and true formula because it works. But the truth is there just isn't any better MMO out there. I think it's only fair the actual good games receive theirCurious so many negative scores were put in before anyone even had a chance to try the game. Anyway, on one side I'm a bit sad that I have to give such high marks to an old title such as World of WarCraft who simply stick to the tried and true formula because it works. But the truth is there just isn't any better MMO out there. I think it's only fair the actual good games receive their deserved ratings while the mediocrity we must suffer at the hands of overhyped, but now dying games like Guild Wars 2 are left in the dust. Expand
  9. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, so many haters. If you like "violence" and "manliness" so much, go play CoD. If you don't like how the launch was going, then you didn't see any other MMO launches.
    The design of MoP is great, I'd say it's the best looking wow addon so far. The talent system is not that easy as it looks like (maybe for casuals it is, but hardcore players will see it's potential). Quests is good. Not great, but good enough. Scenarios/heroic dungeons/challenges is a step in a right direction.
    The only thing that I think could be better is LESS DAILIES. WE DO NOT LIKE THEM. But whatever, they're there for keep us playing even if we can't find what to do AND they also give great opportunities for world-pvp
  10. Sep 26, 2012
    3.x User score...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is 100 negatives. Yep 100 and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing.

About MoP. best content of WoW, World pvp are back, Pandaria is great place and Pandares are awesome, they story, voices and problems ROCKS for me. I hope Blizz still follow this way and don't do another mistake like Cataclysm. For the Horde!
  11. Sep 27, 2012
    One of the best World of Warcraft expansions ever! I have been playing WoW since the middle of Vanilla, and I can't stop playing MoP. Everything is perfect. When I first logged in after the midnight launch, the servers were really laggy. That was expected because I play on one of the most popular Alliance servers. After 2 days of leveling my professions, I started to quest. I was amazed atOne of the best World of Warcraft expansions ever! I have been playing WoW since the middle of Vanilla, and I can't stop playing MoP. Everything is perfect. When I first logged in after the midnight launch, the servers were really laggy. That was expected because I play on one of the most popular Alliance servers. After 2 days of leveling my professions, I started to quest. I was amazed at how much detail Blizzard put in to each zone and quest. Sure there are a lot of grinding quest, but Blizzard also added new quest with new objectives. Leveling from 85 to 90 takes quite a while now, but I was never bored because the quest were fun. Don't listen to all these kids who giving this expansion low ratings, they're basing their ratings on the the previous patch that came prior to MoP. It changed the talent tree, but it's not biggie. Instead of everyone having 'cookie cutter' talent specs, everyone has their own unique spec now. As a hardcore arena player, and casual pve raider, I enjoy this new talent system. Also do not pay any attention to people are saying WoW is to easy now and takes no skill. Sure, anyone can raid 10 or 25 man raids. That is why still has HEROIC 10 and 25 man raids, they offer better gear and take a lot more coordination. Vanilla was terrible and you only loved it because you were young and didn't have a job yet. This game is amazing, I'm sure Blizzard will release a trial for those who didn't upgrade yet, and when they do, you will love it. Expand
  12. Sep 27, 2012
    So far this expansion seems to have a wonderful amount of polish, style and whimsy. Among other things the launch as far as I have seen has been nearly flawless - no hiccups whatsoever. With blizzard's attention to extending the end-game (we'll have to see how that plays out) I really don't see why metacritic has so much early hate for it. If anything, the slew of game reviews of tensSo far this expansion seems to have a wonderful amount of polish, style and whimsy. Among other things the launch as far as I have seen has been nearly flawless - no hiccups whatsoever. With blizzard's attention to extending the end-game (we'll have to see how that plays out) I really don't see why metacritic has so much early hate for it. If anything, the slew of game reviews of tens or zeroes with bad explanations only exposes how many people impose predetermined biased reviews on this website. Expand
  13. Sep 26, 2012
    Very fun expansion to an already legendary game. It's definitely worth it to play as a Panda, questing can be the same old same old at times, but it's still worth it to play. I love it!
  14. Sep 29, 2012
    This is by far the best content Blizzard has ever put out. The questing is superb, the story, the mechanics, I once again have that feeling of AWE I have missed since Vanilla. Kudos Blizzard, this is the best MMO out there.
  15. Nov 6, 2012
    The scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo theThe scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo the xpax, so far in pandaria i already have 5 days, it is incredible, you owe it to yourself to try it, whether you are a fan of WoW or not, the game is not childish, all the quests are dark and murderous, just how we like them Expand
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    Not perfect but much better then most of these derps reviewing will have you believe giving it a zero who have never played it because they don't like pandas and or feel its ripping off pokemon is just stupid.
  17. Oct 1, 2012
    Tons and tons of Asian atmosphere in this new expansion. The new continent of Pandaria is the most beautiful place made in the world of Azeroth and I applaud the designers who can squeeze so much artistry out of an 8+ year old game engine.
    The game has been made more accessible for new players while giving the hard core players more challenges with the introduction of challenge modes. This expansion gives all gamer types something to do: casual gamers can have fun with pet battles and scenarios which don't take up much time while the hardcore crowd can build up their character by doing hundreds of daily quests, instances, challenge modes to get ready to raid.
    The new race is endearing with their Asian flair and cute looks and the new class is a welcome addition to the other 10. The quests are top notch and made me laugh on more than one occasion. The typical blizzard humor can also be found in the Instances. If a dungeon where you can battle drunken monkey creatures and beer spirits doesn't make you chuckle then life must be a very sour experience for you indeed. Never since the BC and WotLK days have enjoyed WoW this much. A very nice recovery from a mediocre Catacllysm.
    To all the jaded haters I say: If you're fed up with wow go play something else. I expect you'll soon find something new you can spew your bile on.
  18. Sep 25, 2012
    how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90 and trying the new heroics and eventually the raids now :) I do think just 2 new dungeons up to 90 is poor though.thanks to any of you who cried yesterday and rage quitted the game,you've stopped all the lag lol like i said at the start you cant review a game after 1 day but felt i should offset some of the crying kids reviews who must have bought the expansion and then gave up after a few hours Expand
  19. Jun 25, 2013
    World of Warcraft, without a doubt, is the most successful MMORPG of all time. Even it's most ravenous of critics can't help but admit this. One thing they refuse to admit, however, is why it is the most successful.

It is the most successful MMO of all time for a reason. A very good reason. The presentation is top-notch, the level of immersion is second to none, and the user-interface is the best I've ever seen in an RPG, period. What is does, it does so well, and it's addicting and all consuming in all the right ways for all the right reasons.

Mists of Pandaria breathes new life into a true classic. It aptly demonstrates that WoW is far from done. In fact, it comes darn close to boasting more subscribers than all of it's major competitors put together.

Folks, there's a reason for that. And not the reasons the haters think. WoW is excellent.

Many of those who like to hate on WoW are spoiled, self-entitled, whiny little bi**hes. No one listens. No one cares. They are most likely anti-corportate, also. They have a natural inclination to hate on big publishers. They are fools, you see.

Don't listen to the idiots drivel. WoW is as good today as it was in the WotLK era. In fact, it's still just as strong. Most of the subscriptions lost are from Asia; in the West, WoW is as popular as ever.

Don't take my word for it check the queue times on at least half a dozen of WoW's top realms. It's packed tight and there is a reason for that. Needless to say, when you do get in, it is well worth the wait.

World of Warcraft is head and shoulders above the rest. It stands alone as the greatest massively multiplayer game in video game history. Mists of Pandaria is merely a continuation of that.
  20. Sep 29, 2014
    still the best mmo there is and i have tried them all, very nice graphics even its old, and very good music. to bad i dont have time to raid anymore, that was just so fun :)
  21. Sep 27, 2012
    I love you Blizzard. You have brought back what I loved about World of Warcraft - the fun. This expansion got me in a way that BC and WotLK did not. Cataclysm revived alt-leveling for me, and this revived end-game for me. It looks absolutely spectacular despite the "dated" engine. Coming straight from Guild Wars 2, I must say WoW has done everything right this time - and I am back to stay.I love you Blizzard. You have brought back what I loved about World of Warcraft - the fun. This expansion got me in a way that BC and WotLK did not. Cataclysm revived alt-leveling for me, and this revived end-game for me. It looks absolutely spectacular despite the "dated" engine. Coming straight from Guild Wars 2, I must say WoW has done everything right this time - and I am back to stay. Here, take my money. Please.

And all the down-votes in here is just rediculous.
    And people wonder why nobody looks at the user-score. It's a total joke.
    0 score = fanboy of another game, and obviously some sort of adolescent jaleousy.
  22. Oct 28, 2012
    An amazing expansion with lots to do, if you aren't an angsty teen (or just plain immature person) who hates the game because they think it's "too kiddy" you're probably going to like it. Also take note of how many 0's were put up in the first 3 days (let alone the first day alone)....just shows you how many people hated it for the sake of hating without even trying the game.
  23. Sep 26, 2012
    I've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to betterI've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to better optimize and balance classes. Pandaria is by far the most beautifully crafted continent and is so brilliant that the rest of Azeroth seems dated. You can tell that Blizzard developers have truly listened to the majority of their player base and worked hard to improve upon past miss-steps. Expand
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    At first I was reluctant, but then I started leveling my main... and realized how different this expansion was. Most of the tedious useless grinding is gone. Even what is still left, has some variety to it so it isn't day after day of the same old dungeon or quest. Rather, it's more in sync with learning different game mechanics, which there is a bunch of them. Talents are no longer aAt first I was reluctant, but then I started leveling my main... and realized how different this expansion was. Most of the tedious useless grinding is gone. Even what is still left, has some variety to it so it isn't day after day of the same old dungeon or quest. Rather, it's more in sync with learning different game mechanics, which there is a bunch of them. Talents are no longer a template you copy from some mathematically calculated simulation (aka: website), you can actually change them on the fly, and it makes sense to do so. Most -if not all- of the consumables needed by your class are gone; no more addons to auto-refill your bags with arrows or portal runes. Actual abilities and gameplay have been tweaked so you don't have a single winning rotation, but rather a rotation with a set of choices at each point in time, which requires more situational awareness than before. Interserver is a great addition, so places that looked deserted not so long ago, now get filled with people from other servers leveling up, gathering, or just doing whatever they do. The pet minigame is part of that "filling the deserted world" trend, as you need to go to low-level areas to level up your pets. Not that you need to, but it surely is a fun way to bump into someone from the opposing faction and get some impromptu pvp action. The addition of world bosses, scenarios, and the fact you can queue for dungeons, scenarios and raids all at once, is also welcome; no 40+ min waiting times for dps anymore. While faction based dailies get spiced up with the harvesting mini-game, cloud serpent racing, and such. Overall it's an expansion that addresses many long standing problems, while adding new content and challenges to last for quite a while. Expand
  25. Oct 8, 2012
    This is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of theseThis is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of these chavs giving the game a review of 0 because they are immature and have no love for rpg's then you will love this new expansion... 10/10 and the gfx are much nicer now with more polys. Expand
  26. Sep 28, 2012
    It's quite easily to say this:

Mists of Pandaria is Blizzard's masterpiece in the World of Warcraft.

Pandaria is absolutely breathtaking, lightyears better than WotLK or Cataclysm.
  27. Oct 4, 2012
    I remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, aI remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, a completely cut off land from the conflict that has ravaged the rest of Azeroth. Reminds me a lot of the relationship between D&D Forgotten Realms and Al-Qadim (they were both part of the same campaign setting, though treated as two different entities in printed adventures while the most interesting adventures to me was when we brought in assassins from Al-Qadim into Forgotten Realms or plundering Drows into the deserts of Al-Qadim). That type of clash really adds a lot for me to the scope of the world in the game.

The game itself is both familiar and new, fun and satisfying. I dig the new monk class and the new Pandarian race. The new skill system, though it irked me at first, I actually prefer now after a few days. I picked up Guild Wars 2 thinking it would easily be my favorite mmo experience this year. I was pleasantly surprised in picking up MoP because it totally made up for Guild Wars 2.
  28. Oct 15, 2012
    It's been about 4 years since I was excited to get home to play World of Warcraft. Hasn't been this enjoyable since The Burning Crusade. Pretty much says it all.
  29. Sep 26, 2012
    This is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck inThis is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck in the old WoW ways that they can't even adapt to a newer, better version. Learn to accept change, people. You and your community make me ashamed to be a gamer. Expand
  30. Oct 7, 2012
    The mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguingThe mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguing characters, and variety in quests. Reputation is no longer earned with tabards for the main pandaria factions, and while many may say this is bad, its also keeps it interesting, and it can be much more rewarding when you do reach honored/revered/exalted. Rare spawns actually drop better loot, depending on their level, and the 40man world boss is very fun and challenging. Mists of Pandaria actually FEELS like an expansion, there is so much to do that its hard to become bored, and the Pandaren arent as cheesy as they look, but actually fit right in. My only massive gripe is the high-population log-in queue's, sometimes exceeding 2:30hrs to actually play, but otherwise, welcome to pandaria!! Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]