7.5

1. Nov 16, 2011
    I've played this WOW game a long time ago with my uncle, and I gotta say it's not that fun at all. The gameplay mechanics are copied off from Starcraft, only with third person perspective. Too muc laging as well as glitiches. I'm not a WOW nerd, so I don't give a **** about this game. If you like WOW, buy it at your own risk!!!
  2. Mar 29, 2012
    Burning Crusade is a nice addition to anyone eager to play more of WoW, of course , with some new , interesting contents the expansions its necessarily important to any person that is starting the WOW mania. Even though, at this time is a little late with the entry of diverse MMO coming and that came recently.
  3. Oct 2, 2010
    In my opinion this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had.
  4. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Burning Crusade was the first expansion for World of Warcraft and also my favourite expansion. Going through the Dark Portal on release day and seeing Horde and Alliance team up to battle against giant Demon-like creatures was an epic experience. Running 5 mans with my guildies and just winging it not knowing what to expect around each and every next corner was really fun that day. The different zones in Outland all had a really different look and feel to the original WoW continents. Most of them looked like alien landscapes with demonic and/or alien looking creatures in them. Nagland looked like a beautiful ancient landscape before most it had been touched by mankind. Everything was new and different and this made it a very exciting expansion. Karazhan, the entry level 10 man instance was a very fun place. In fact to this day some of my guildies like to go back and run it with no gear on just for fun of it. SSC was also really different, an underground cave system with water and elite murlocs, omg how I hated murlocs while leveling lol, and here we found epic ones that we needed to kill. TK was very futuristic looking and did not look like any of the other raids either. Black Temple was kind of meh looking but this was the prime of my raiding career in WoW so I was loving every minute of it. I was in a great semi-casual raiding guild (in those days we raided 17 hours per week spanning 4 nights, and yes back then that was semi-casual lol). We managed to kill Illidan a couple of times just before the next expansion, Wrath of the Lich King came out.

In those days, the amount of trash you had to kill was excessive in both the 5 man instances and in the raids. Also, if you did not clear a raid during the week it reset completely, there was no way to start from where you left off like you can do now which make progression really hard if you were stuck on a particular boss (which my guild often was for a few weeks). But overall my memories of this expansion were of it being my best times in WoW so I have to give this expansion a 10.
  5. Dec 10, 2012
    A solid and enjoyable expansion further expanding the vanilla game and adding to the story. Not quite the same feeling as Vanilla but enjoyable none the less.
  6. Jul 29, 2013
    I actually liked the Burning Crusade a bit more or about just the same as the first version. It was a cool game before the 3d version (Lich King) was released..
  7. Jan 1, 2012
    I found this to be the last real good addon for Wow since it only increased the size of the game but left everything else untouched. Meaning for example general game orientation towards target groups and game balance were left the same like in classic wow.

The new zones and instances were well designed und fun to play.
  8. Jun 10, 2012
    Of the 3 expansions so far, I feel that this is the best one by far. The dranei and the Blood Elves fit into the game well and are fun to play as. I also enjoyed the new area and the new factions. However, the new areas added were very devoid of players.
  9. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  10. Sep 29, 2012
    The burning crusade expansion was perfect. Everything had been done with the intention of satisfying the customer; was balanced in every aspect. Pve really had varying degrees of difficulty, in a heroic a failure of any player or miss cc compromised the pull, but in the end the satisfaction was the real prize; Side PvP arenas were introduced, someone with new armor were admired and respected because at the beginning only the good people could take it. Were introduced flying mounts, different types of raid, according to the difficulty not the same as it is now where it changes the loot.
    I omit something, for sure, because Blizzard was able to upload content to the end like Isle of Quel'Danas.Everyone regret those time
  11. Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Burning Crusade.. the first expansion. I remember I went offline in front of the Dark Portal so I can start off leveling immediately. When I went through it, I couldn't believe how much effort they had put in this expansion pack. The Graphics, NPCs, Quests (they finally had some kind of story-line), Dungeons were still really hard and Raids were for experienced players. I only got to Karazhan because it was actually that hard. The leveling itself was fun and still hard (something that can't be told for long). The professions were still hard to level ( I remember it cost me 1000 gold to get Jewelcrafting to 300). And thought the epic mount got cheaper ( I don't know if the normal got cheaper,too), but the flying mounts were really big efforts to get (normal was 1000g and epic was 5000g). This expansion pack's whole life-time was great. From Karazhan to Isle of Quel'Danas (this was my favorite part as it introduced the first kind of "phasing" and another chance to show off your teeth. By this I mean a Title that needed Exalted status and 1000 gold). This and Classic WoW were the 2 games that certainly worth the money you payed for their whole life-times. Expand
  12. Mar 31, 2012
    Just more boredom and grinding in a game that's nothing but. This was also where arena was added, and thus marked the end of balance in pvp, and the start of a FotM roller coaster that would destroy the game.
  13. Dec 22, 2011
    Best expansion by far. It had the most original raid content, difficult instances and plenty to do. Sure it was grindy, but this entire game is -- it's an MMO!
  14. Jun 15, 2013
    WoW was at it's peak at TBC PvP was most balanced at the time & Karazhan was fun as and pve content was good overall.
    Armors looked nice & not like the looks we got these days. thank god for transmog )

Rip wow MOP was truly most worst expansion so far.
  15. Sep 29, 2012
    Burning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, the architecture, the culture - everything - and they're the main reason I switched to the Horde. I enjoyed the addition of daily quests and dungeons that were rich in lore and provided a challenge that was worthy of the original game. Outlands was artfully done and I really enjoyed the inclusion of PvP in Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand and Zangarmarsh, which hailed back to the Sithilus and the Eastern Plaguelands in Vanilla WoW. The Isle of Quel'Danas and the progression of its development via player participation, as well as the accompanying dungeons were one of the highlights of this expansion that I will always remember fondly. Burning Crusade was an expansion that maintained the spirit of the original MMO without altering it to the point where it was unrecognizable, as later expansions did. Though WOTLK gave us some fine additions such as Achievements that gave non-hardcore players an alternative way of enjoying the game, Burning Crusade maintained the challenge and magic of the game that I feel has been lost with each expansion that followed. Expand
  16. Feb 21, 2014
    Out of all the expansions, The Burning Crusade has always been my favorite. I still get waves of memories when I walk through the burning portal and step into the vast expance that is Hellfire Peninsula.
  17. Jul 12, 2013
    TBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesome and all the zones are just amazingly well-done. The new races are my favorite of the whole game, the new instances AND raids were both challenging and memorable, and the addition of arena made the game ridiculously fun. WoW would never again reach the high point of TBC as every expansion afterwards was worse and worse (altho still pretty good). Expand
  18. Sep 18, 2011
    I would have given the Burning Crusade a 9, but the difficult part about rating these games is, firstly looking at the original vs. expansions. That is one thing, but then you have to look at the client patches and hot fixes. Well, when this first came out it was super challenging. PvP was challenging. There were some balance issues but honestly not nearly as so when Wrath of the Lich King dropped. After that everyone else was nerfed and Death Knights became the new OPed class. Really they say they have taken lengths to balance the game more but honestly I feel it required more skill in Vanilla and Burning Crusade than in the other two expansions. True, some things may have been more difficult in terms of facing other players but I can't help but feel that it was much more balanced in this expansion. Plus many of the things that made all the classes so unique in the first two, were changed in the following expansions, so now there are lots of people with self heals, bubbles (makes them absorb or not take damage for a while), things like that. I miss when I had to use the abilities that were unique to my class in skillful ways to take down the others. Having an advantage balanced by another advantage in some other way. (if that makes sense) Rather than having the same abilities with a different name or slightly different implementation. The instances and raids added during this expansion are terrific and flying just makes travel so much easier. Also the new areas added are stunning in terms of graphics. It was the nerfing and removal of many unique class features that caused it to drop a point on the scale. Expand
  19. Jun 1, 2012
    Better games out there...Don't be fooled by the new gear, mounts, races its the same thing it was. Instancing, raiding for counless hours It just doesnt compare too the new better mmos coming out in the market. Game hasnt gotten any better quit wasting your money$$$.
  20. Jul 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. utterly crap ,can not beleve pepole still are buying this **** have improvedthan just longer eyebrow on elfs,i cant stress how much crap this game is ..montly fee and everything,and they dont come up with anything better Expand
  21. Aug 18, 2011
    This was a great expansion pack, and my favourite by far. I never thought you could fall in love with a video game till I found this. Even if you buy it now, you'll still feel the amazing feeling and epic aura spanning from the outland, it's a sight to behold in gaming and blizzard delivered it perfectly.
  22. Apr 17, 2013
    A lot of sequels and expansions fall short, because it is just of the same old thing. Maybe that is exactly what BC is considering it just added more of the same thing. Vanilla WOW is clearly the best, but this expansion took it even further. All of vanilla WOW's potential was made active through this new set of dungeons, far bigger raids, and more factions and rewards. The world truly came to life, and the things you did really impacted what happened around the fantasy world. Expand
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Best expansion ever but sadly and the end of it Blizz started to cater to bad players (free sunwell quality epix and Sunwell nerf so u could one shot every boss even Kil Jaeden). But neverthenless untill Sunwell this game was at it's prime, HARD 5man heroics, progressive raids so u had to actualy start from Kara to get to Tempest Keep and then Hyjal. Shame Blizz doesn't follow this style of design anymore. Expand
  24. Aug 26, 2012
    It was fun when it came out. For some players it was the golden age of WoW. Sadly this part of Wow didn't age well. And this is the part where writers started to change lore and characters. But I remember it too fondly to give it anything less than 8.
  25. Sep 28, 2012
    WoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a different demographic - the game is now for kids. If you enjoy paying a monthly fee AND playing with (other) children, this game might be for you. Expand
  26. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  27. Jan 28, 2012
    Leveling from 60 to 70 was amazing but end game was broken until first major patch. Still I have a lot of good memories from this expansion. Too bad today experience is so much boosted that you just skyrocket to level 70 and do not experience story of this expansion.
  28. May 15, 2012
    WoW will forever be known as 'THAT MMO'. The first MMO to make MMORPGs a mainstream game. It was and forever will be the biggest game of it's generation and forever to come.
  29. Sep 12, 2012
    This was the only good expansion for World of Warcraft. When The Burning Crusade ended, an era of free epixx and general pandering to bad players began. TBC got a lot of things spot on. The instances were fun, and large enough that they took some time to go through them. Heroic difficulty was how you expect (particularly at the start of the expac) i.e, takes brains and skill to get them done efficiently. This was the last expansion to have a proper set of armour drop in dungeons. It gave people that do not raid something to aim for, it also gave the collectors and RPers an opportunity to grab some more nice gear for their collection. I probably should have stopped playing after this expansion, it was definitely a high point for Blizzard. The game has rapidly declined ever since. Expand
  30. Dec 3, 2010
    Burning crusade was defintely a good expansion, the first time i played it i was like wow.. this is really great, a big step up from vanilla the fights in The Burning Crusade were rather fun, you had illidan that said 'You Are Not Prepared' You had outdoor bosses such as Doom Lord Kazzak, Doomwalker... this made certain areas fun... and Doom lord Kazzak was fun also when people tried to kill him i'd fly down and get killed repeadtly so he would heal and eventully wipe the raid, for me Burning Crusade was much better than wrath... Burning Crusade has Cool pvp sets, it had many fun raids, and heroic dungoens. and those dungeons were rather hard.. the amount of skill needed for these dungoens was awsome and how much you needed to think about what was happening in the fight, if your group wasn't good enough then you'd never even reach the 1st boss.. that's what i miss most about the game. i give this game a rating of 9/10 Expand
  31. JnD
    Oct 2, 2011
    This isn't the most helpful review, but as most others said TBC was the pinnacle of what WoW had to offer. I'm not sure why, but the developers made some drastic, and in my opinion negative changes to the game, and it's never been able to rebound from the first wave of Wrath content.
  32. Feb 13, 2012
    I joined in the midst of the BC expansion so a comparison to Vanilla would be impossible.
    I remember trying to level up, it was hard at the time and by the time i was leveling everyone else was in the 70's doing HC's, Raiding and PVP'ing.
    It is not the game you want to play if you are a hermit, despite what people may think, it's a very social game in which players must coordinate in many
    situations and friendships are built in your guilds.
    Kara, Sunwell Plateu, The Black Temple... FANTASTIC!
  33. Jul 30, 2012
    "this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had." I quoted becaus it was my exact opinion
  34. Jul 21, 2012
    I suppose when I started playing this Expansion set, I felt annoyed by the sci-fi and futuristic scenarios, the super-mega-coloristic weapons and armors everywhere, and the loss of credibility in general (yeah, let's assume that there was some in the original WoW). The fact that 95% of the players at this point of the game (level 50+) are normally focused (only) on empower their characters didn
  35. Sep 27, 2012
    The best game i ever see.I don't have words.This expansion is my favourite.I have 70 level gnome mage.I am good at battlegrounds and i never killed illidan stormrage.He is my favourite boss.Im playing on last wow.
  36. Apr 6, 2014
    Just a best WoW expansion. Best raids, best PvP balance. There was no LFR, and people were more sociable. Outland was astonishing and beautiful. Too sad after this WoW has become degraded
  37. Jan 11, 2014
    Best of all add-ons. In my opinion, version 2.4.3 was the heyday of the universe WoW, but then went for the worse ... It is a pity that everything is as it turns out now.

1. New areas and races are well thought out and there is tons of stuff to do. Some hardcore raiders will not love the new 25 player raid cap, though, and the guild aspect of the game could have used more improvements. [Jan 2007]
    The new locations, characters, items, and monsters are nothing short of awesome. The voice acting is perfect, the sound effects spot-on, and the score at times both ominous and uplifting.
  3. Launch issues aside, there's absolutely no reason why any World of Warcraft player should hesitate to pick it up. Consider it essential.