7.7

1. Oct 2, 2010
    In my opinion this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had.
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Burning Crusade was the first expansion for World of Warcraft and also my favourite expansion. Going through the Dark Portal on release day and seeing Horde and Alliance team up to battle against giant Demon-like creatures was an epic experience. Running 5 mans with my guildies and just winging it not knowing what to expect around each and every next corner was really fun that day. The different zones in Outland all had a really different look and feel to the original WoW continents. Most of them looked like alien landscapes with demonic and/or alien looking creatures in them. Nagland looked like a beautiful ancient landscape before most it had been touched by mankind. Everything was new and different and this made it a very exciting expansion. Karazhan, the entry level 10 man instance was a very fun place. In fact to this day some of my guildies like to go back and run it with no gear on just for fun of it. SSC was also really different, an underground cave system with water and elite murlocs, omg how I hated murlocs while leveling lol, and here we found epic ones that we needed to kill. TK was very futuristic looking and did not look like any of the other raids either. Black Temple was kind of meh looking but this was the prime of my raiding career in WoW so I was loving every minute of it. I was in a great semi-casual raiding guild (in those days we raided 17 hours per week spanning 4 nights, and yes back then that was semi-casual lol). We managed to kill Illidan a couple of times just before the next expansion, Wrath of the Lich King came out.

In those days, the amount of trash you had to kill was excessive in both the 5 man instances and in the raids. Also, if you did not clear a raid during the week it reset completely, there was no way to start from where you left off like you can do now which make progression really hard if you were stuck on a particular boss (which my guild often was for a few weeks). But overall my memories of this expansion were of it being my best times in WoW so I have to give this expansion a 10.
  3. Jul 29, 2013
    I actually liked the Burning Crusade a bit more or about just the same as the first version. It was a cool game before the 3d version (Lich King) was released..
  4. Jan 1, 2012
    I found this to be the last real good addon for Wow since it only increased the size of the game but left everything else untouched. Meaning for example general game orientation towards target groups and game balance were left the same like in classic wow.

The new zones and instances were well designed und fun to play.
  5. Jun 10, 2012
    Of the 3 expansions so far, I feel that this is the best one by far. The dranei and the Blood Elves fit into the game well and are fun to play as. I also enjoyed the new area and the new factions. However, the new areas added were very devoid of players.
  6. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  7. Sep 29, 2012
    The burning crusade expansion was perfect. Everything had been done with the intention of satisfying the customer; was balanced in every aspect. Pve really had varying degrees of difficulty, in a heroic a failure of any player or miss cc compromised the pull, but in the end the satisfaction was the real prize; Side PvP arenas were introduced, someone with new armor were admired and respected because at the beginning only the good people could take it. Were introduced flying mounts, different types of raid, according to the difficulty not the same as it is now where it changes the loot.
    I omit something, for sure, because Blizzard was able to upload content to the end like Isle of Quel'Danas.Everyone regret those time
  8. Dec 22, 2011
    Best expansion by far. It had the most original raid content, difficult instances and plenty to do. Sure it was grindy, but this entire game is -- it's an MMO!
  9. Jul 12, 2013
    TBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesome and all the zones are just amazingly well-done. The new races are my favorite of the whole game, the new instances AND raids were both challenging and memorable, and the addition of arena made the game ridiculously fun. WoW would never again reach the high point of TBC as every expansion afterwards was worse and worse (altho still pretty good). Expand
  10. Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Burning Crusade.. the first expansion. I remember I went offline in front of the Dark Portal so I can start off leveling immediately. When I went through it, I couldn't believe how much effort they had put in this expansion pack. The Graphics, NPCs, Quests (they finally had some kind of story-line), Dungeons were still really hard and Raids were for experienced players. I only got to Karazhan because it was actually that hard. The leveling itself was fun and still hard (something that can't be told for long). The professions were still hard to level ( I remember it cost me 1000 gold to get Jewelcrafting to 300). And thought the epic mount got cheaper ( I don't know if the normal got cheaper,too), but the flying mounts were really big efforts to get (normal was 1000g and epic was 5000g). This expansion pack's whole life-time was great. From Karazhan to Isle of Quel'Danas (this was my favorite part as it introduced the first kind of "phasing" and another chance to show off your teeth. By this I mean a Title that needed Exalted status and 1000 gold). This and Classic WoW were the 2 games that certainly worth the money you payed for their whole life-times. Expand
  11. Jun 15, 2013
    WoW was at it's peak at TBC PvP was most balanced at the time & Karazhan was fun as and pve content was good overall.
    Armors looked nice & not like the looks we got these days. thank god for transmog )

Rip wow MOP was truly most worst expansion so far.
  12. Aug 6, 2014
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade is an amazing expansion to World of Warcraft. My favourite thing about the game is the environment, it's incredible. To get to the Outlands from Azeroth is through a portal in the Blasted Lands. Once I got through the portal, it was such a breathtaking sight. The surrounding scenery is about ten times bigger than normal things, there are elites that are huge that roam around the landscape, and the land itself is quite exotic. This is throughout the whole Outlands and it's an exhilarating experience wondering if one of those giant elites will spot you and come for you. The quests are average as expected, the dungeons are pretty good, and there are some PvP areas that can be fun. The new Alliance race, Draenei, have been introduce. The males are decent looking, but I think the females are kind of ugly. The new Horde race, Blood Elves, are a pretty cool race and are my first choice for the faction. It's a great expansion and it's one that needs to be fully explored Expand
  13. Sep 29, 2012
    Burning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, the architecture, the culture - everything - and they're the main reason I switched to the Horde. I enjoyed the addition of daily quests and dungeons that were rich in lore and provided a challenge that was worthy of the original game. Outlands was artfully done and I really enjoyed the inclusion of PvP in Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand and Zangarmarsh, which hailed back to the Sithilus and the Eastern Plaguelands in Vanilla WoW. The Isle of Quel'Danas and the progression of its development via player participation, as well as the accompanying dungeons were one of the highlights of this expansion that I will always remember fondly. Burning Crusade was an expansion that maintained the spirit of the original MMO without altering it to the point where it was unrecognizable, as later expansions did. Though WOTLK gave us some fine additions such as Achievements that gave non-hardcore players an alternative way of enjoying the game, Burning Crusade maintained the challenge and magic of the game that I feel has been lost with each expansion that followed. Expand
  14. Jun 5, 2014
    I had the most fun in wow during this expansion. It was much harder than the original and felt more rewarding. PVP was great with the introduction of areas, heroic mode instances and some of the best raids of all time!
  15. Feb 21, 2014
    Out of all the expansions, The Burning Crusade has always been my favorite. I still get waves of memories when I walk through the burning portal and step into the vast expance that is Hellfire Peninsula.
  16. Aug 18, 2011
    This was a great expansion pack, and my favourite by far. I never thought you could fall in love with a video game till I found this. Even if you buy it now, you'll still feel the amazing feeling and epic aura spanning from the outland, it's a sight to behold in gaming and blizzard delivered it perfectly.
  17. Apr 17, 2013
    A lot of sequels and expansions fall short, because it is just of the same old thing. Maybe that is exactly what BC is considering it just added more of the same thing. Vanilla WOW is clearly the best, but this expansion took it even further. All of vanilla WOW's potential was made active through this new set of dungeons, far bigger raids, and more factions and rewards. The world truly came to life, and the things you did really impacted what happened around the fantasy world. Expand
  18. Jan 28, 2012
    Leveling from 60 to 70 was amazing but end game was broken until first major patch. Still I have a lot of good memories from this expansion. Too bad today experience is so much boosted that you just skyrocket to level 70 and do not experience story of this expansion.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Best expansion ever but sadly and the end of it Blizz started to cater to bad players (free sunwell quality epix and Sunwell nerf so u could one shot every boss even Kil Jaeden). But neverthenless untill Sunwell this game was at it's prime, HARD 5man heroics, progressive raids so u had to actualy start from Kara to get to Tempest Keep and then Hyjal. Shame Blizz doesn't follow this style of design anymore. Expand
  20. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  21. May 15, 2012
    WoW will forever be known as 'THAT MMO'. The first MMO to make MMORPGs a mainstream game. It was and forever will be the biggest game of it's generation and forever to come.
  22. Sep 12, 2012
    This was the only good expansion for World of Warcraft. When The Burning Crusade ended, an era of free epixx and general pandering to bad players began. TBC got a lot of things spot on. The instances were fun, and large enough that they took some time to go through them. Heroic difficulty was how you expect (particularly at the start of the expac) i.e, takes brains and skill to get them done efficiently. This was the last expansion to have a proper set of armour drop in dungeons. It gave people that do not raid something to aim for, it also gave the collectors and RPers an opportunity to grab some more nice gear for their collection. I probably should have stopped playing after this expansion, it was definitely a high point for Blizzard. The game has rapidly declined ever since. Expand
  23. Apr 6, 2014
    Just a best WoW expansion. Best raids, best PvP balance. There was no LFR, and people were more sociable. Outland was astonishing and beautiful. Too sad after this WoW has become degraded
  24. Dec 3, 2010
    Burning crusade was defintely a good expansion, the first time i played it i was like wow.. this is really great, a big step up from vanilla the fights in The Burning Crusade were rather fun, you had illidan that said 'You Are Not Prepared' You had outdoor bosses such as Doom Lord Kazzak, Doomwalker... this made certain areas fun... and Doom lord Kazzak was fun also when people tried to kill him i'd fly down and get killed repeadtly so he would heal and eventully wipe the raid, for me Burning Crusade was much better than wrath... Burning Crusade has Cool pvp sets, it had many fun raids, and heroic dungoens. and those dungeons were rather hard.. the amount of skill needed for these dungoens was awsome and how much you needed to think about what was happening in the fight, if your group wasn't good enough then you'd never even reach the 1st boss.. that's what i miss most about the game. i give this game a rating of 9/10 Expand
  25. JnD
    Oct 2, 2011
    This isn't the most helpful review, but as most others said TBC was the pinnacle of what WoW had to offer. I'm not sure why, but the developers made some drastic, and in my opinion negative changes to the game, and it's never been able to rebound from the first wave of Wrath content.
  26. Jul 30, 2012
    "this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had." I quoted becaus it was my exact opinion
  27. Sep 27, 2012
    The best game i ever see.I don't have words.This expansion is my favourite.I have 70 level gnome mage.I am good at battlegrounds and i never killed illidan stormrage.He is my favourite boss.Im playing on last wow.
  28. Jan 11, 2014
    Best of all add-ons. In my opinion, version 2.4.3 was the heyday of the universe WoW, but then went for the worse ... It is a pity that everything is as it turns out now.

1. New areas and races are well thought out and there is tons of stuff to do. Some hardcore raiders will not love the new 25 player raid cap, though, and the guild aspect of the game could have used more improvements. [Jan 2007]
    The new locations, characters, items, and monsters are nothing short of awesome. The voice acting is perfect, the sound effects spot-on, and the score at times both ominous and uplifting.
  3. Launch issues aside, there's absolutely no reason why any World of Warcraft player should hesitate to pick it up. Consider it essential.